[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How realistic is the love depicted in movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: titanic.jpg (408KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
titanic.jpg
408KB, 2560x1600px
How realistic is the love depicted in movies?
>>
>>64487872
how realistic is love?
>>
>>64488138
Where does your definition and perception of love come from?
>>
Romantic love doesn't exist. It's just people trying to quench their solitude and misery with someone.
>>
Women cant love
>>
>>64488446
Found the Virgin
>>
how realistic is this movie?
>>
>>64488660
Pretty realistic, there was the Costa Concordia crash recently which is meant to be like a real-life Titanic
>>
>>64488660
A ship sunk in the ocean at some point. That's about it.
>>
The romance in Titanic extremely realistic. I don't know how anyone could say otherwise.
>>
>>64488554
Why do men go for the bitch and then cry that women can't love? Maybe you shouldn't have ignored the four eyed girl that would be loyal. Men only want to fuck women and be done with it.
>>
>>64488887
>88887
So close.
>>
>>64488887
Try losing a hundred pounds and maybe we'll go for you.
>>
>>64488887
I didn't ignore anyone. Shut the fuck up cunt
>>
File: IMG_4046.jpg (117KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4046.jpg
117KB, 640x701px
>>64487872

No one has ever made a realistic film about love, with the exception of Kramer vs. Kramer.
>>
>rich girl turns poor and rejects rich guy
its the most realistic love story ever i cry every single time.
>>
>>64488953
See? And then y'all say women are shallow assholes who only go for the money and looks.
>>
>>64488993
Moral of the story: Be Jamal
>>
>>64489037
Is it really shallow to want a partner that doesn't eat 100,000 calories a day? How does that even compare to hard earned money or being born with good looks?
>>
>>64489112
No, it isn't, but not all women are cut out to be super thin models, and thats what the majority of men want, girls with big tits and ass.
>>
File: Emma_S2_sickfu.jpg (42KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Emma_S2_sickfu.jpg
42KB, 600x800px
>>64488887

>used to have a sickfu in high school
>she was cute too but was kinda weird but genuinely loved me
>was a total jerk to her
>realized I loved her after I went to college

what a total fuck up I am
>>
>>64489384
You can always talk to her again. Who knows, maybe you'd make her day.
>>
>>64488993
>brendan.jpg
>>
>>64488993
>500 days of Summer
Story of my fucking life.
>>
>>64487872
in Titanic? very realistic. they fucked once, she expected him to die for her.
>>
>>64490360
>meet a girl for the first time
>fuck her
>immediately tell her love her and want to get married
>she tells me it's not going to work out

Where did everything go wrong?
>>
>>64490475
>Where did everything go wrong?
You weren't Leo.
>>
daily reminder they should have got on the icebergs.
>>
>>64487872
In this movie, not at all. Titanic is romance, not love (the difference is that one exists and one doesn't). The character Jack is non-existent in real life, yet he fulfills every girl's fantasy:

>free spirit, good looks, fun, talented
>puts her on the pedestal immediately, treats her like royalty and declares his love before he even kisses her
>saves her life a few times
>actually dies for her (he would have found the door and saved himself if they had separated)
>declares he would rather die than not have a two day fling with her while he dies

It just doesn't happen like this, and that's why it's romantic. Any guy who falls in love this fast and this desperately is beta as fuck and therefore unattractive to women. The romantic part is that this is an attractive man doing beta things.

For it to be romance it must be unrealistic, so Rose does her share of unrealistic things:

>Leaves rich man for poor man
>In her old age dreams about the fling she had when she was a teenager instead of her husband of decades and father of her children
>Would also rather die with said fling than live

All that being said, I love this movie. The fact that it can't happen in real life is what makes it great. That's why we watch movies anyway. We know damn well that wishing upon a star does not make your dreams come true; it's the diversion that we love. Titanic works because it sells a well put together, though completely unrealistic, love story.
>>
File: 1447193008.gif (15KB, 340x420px) Image search: [Google]
1447193008.gif
15KB, 340x420px
>>64488437
>>
>>64488554
Definitely not someone with that attitude.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.