[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Leo expect to win an Oscar when he plays a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

How does Leo expect to win an Oscar when he plays a character with zero personality, no character arc or development and minimal dialogue?

Also The Revenant general I guess.
>>
I don't think he does but despite having little personality or arc or development he nailed his role
>>
BUT HE ALMOST DIED FILMING IT
>>
>>64473025
the movie will win oscars but leonardo won't .
>>
If anyone is here to get an oscar for actoring in this movie it should be Hardy not TryHardio.
>>
>>64473186
nah
>>
Tom Hardy was amazing, Leo just crawled in the snow during the entire movie
>>
>>64473025
Leo did a great job, the nature of the character just didn't really leave much open for development or dialogue. The movie should definitely get something for the cinematography, though. It was beautiful.
>>
>>64473462
I thought the lack of dialogue or development actually made Leo's performance a lot better, he really sells the scenes with the bear, the blink your eyes scene, the general hopelessness when he's by himself.
>>
>>64473025
He really captured the emotions one must go through when being raped by a bear multiple times.
>>
File: Kg38zpp.jpg (134KB, 800x791px) Image search: [Google]
Kg38zpp.jpg
134KB, 800x791px
Yeah, that was the biggest problem with the movie.
What is the point of showing this incredible journey of a man, shoot it incredibly beautifully but have the main character be absolutely uninteresting?
>>
>>64473575
because the movie was almost entirely focused on survival
>>
>>64473025

By growing a beard and long hair.
>>
>>64473025
He doesn't have any personality in any of his movies.

He is a meme actor
>>
But he's le nice whitey race-mixer and not evil rapist.
>>
>>64473025
>135 million dollar budget
>January release

JUST
>>
>movie about survivalism and staying alive
>we don't even know his fave color! No personality!
>>
>MUH BOI
>MUUUH BOI
>HE KILLED MUH BOI
>>
But his character was so progressive. Had a treenigger wife and half breed son even though he himself was a white devil. Isn't that how costner won his oscar?
>>
>>64473691
congrats, you fit in now
>>
1080p rip?
>>
>>64473842

c'mon anon
it is always important to know something about your main character so you can emotionally attach to his journey
even better if he actually develops and changes by the end
>>
>>64474073
It's not progressive you retard. Literally every mountain man or fur trapper was fucking native women and many took them as wives. Had nothing to do with being progressive. It was either that or fucking other men.

>>64473894
I suppose you would have preferred they followed real life instead. In which Glass had no half breed son and Fitzgerald only took his rifle and knife and canteen and shit. And getting "muh shit" back was his only motivation. And then he doesn't even kill Fitz when he finds him because by that time Fitz has made it to Texas and joined up with the Army and it's treason to kill a soldier. No. You would have liked that way more, wouldn't you have?
>>
>>64473575
YES thank you anon I could find the words, I liked the movie but couldnt get why I didnt like it more since it had all the ingredients of a great movie, it was Leo's character I just couldnt care I was even rooting for Tom Hardy in the end
>>
>>64474390
sounds pretty good though
>>
this movie sucked

>BUT IT WAS LE SO HARD TO MAKE XD

i don't give a fuck. very forgettable, predictable film.
>>
Borderline experimental.
Felt more like a 2 hour long dream sequence with all that ambient. And well, dream sequences.

Leo ain't getting shit.
>>
>>64474570
True stories are predictable?? Whaaaaa???
>>
What is the revenant about
Doesn't look very ghostly to me
>>
This movie was made by Mexicans, it will be best picture. If Leo starts an anti-Trump campaign, he will win best actor.
>>
>>64474525
Yeah you fucking autists would love a nonmovie like that

>i'd like muh stuff back plz
>fitzgerald took muh stuff
>oh ur a soldier now, i cant kill you then
>so thats it, the end
>until savages kill me, because they weren't friends with the savages i was friends with
>>
>>64473575
why does everything have to be interesting? its just reality, survival. if he had a typical backstory you would be complaining about how cliche it was
>>
>>64474635
I like it, is original and it ends with a peaceful ending
>>
leo deserve oscar for this, its not like there was better performance (inb4 hardy generic memeacting)

shit year
>>
>>64474390
>I suppose you would have preferred they followed real life instead. In which Glass had no half breed son and Fitzgerald only took his rifle and knife and canteen and shit. And getting "muh shit" back was his only motivation.
Holy shit that sounds amazing
>>
>>64474781
>peaceful

but he gets brutally murdered by Arikara savages not long after these events
>>
>>64474871
Doggy dog world.
>>
>>64474761

>durr why do character need to be interesting

seriously anon?
>>
>>64474870

>Leo crawling half through wilderness half-dead because he wants his knife back

FUND IT
>>
beo is a pretty sucky actor. srsly
one of the most annoying things about him is his whiny voice
i liked the movie though, it looks really pretty
>>
>>64475005

tell me why you fucking pleb
>>
File: therevenanttomhardy.jpg (171KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
therevenanttomhardy.jpg
171KB, 1440x810px
superior character
>>
File: cia.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>64475563
Tell me about him.
>>
>>64475618

he's a big jerk
>>
>>64475208

>likes a movie by King Oscar Inarritu
>calls someone a pleb

could you be any less serious?
>>
>>64473025
the only people who were saying Leo's gonna get an Oscar for this were redditors and re/tv/ards, and they did so after seeing the first trailer.

the film is ok, but nothing worth mentioning. It may get an Oscar for filmmaking or whatever the fuck the category is just because it has plenty of lenghty shots.

That's it.
>>
>>64473025
the ep of the dollop that tells this story is much better than the movie. hugh glass is america's greatest badass
>>
this film might not have been the best but it was defiantly one of the best of 2015 (mostly because almost everything else was shit)
>>
>>64476887
the big short will sweep
>>
>>64477036
haven't seen it but i might watch it
is it good?
>>
How was leo able to speed reload a musket when he riding away on that stolen horse?
>>
>>64477121
its 2015's only 10/10
>revenant
8/10
>hateful eight
7/10

if thats any kind of barometer
>>
>>64473025
Playing a rape victim is an expressway to an academy award.
>>
>>64477036
No it won't, the Oscars are political awards, not quality film awards.
>>
>>64474598
Glass having a son and then eventually killing Fitzgerald were absolute fabrications
>>
>>64477307

but only if the rapist is evil white man
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.