[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: jaws.jpg (83KB, 714x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jaws.jpg
83KB, 714x1080px
Movies that changed the world

I don't think anyone ever looked at sharks the same way
>>
File: burt.jpg (283KB, 1169x1654px) Image search: [Google]
burt.jpg
283KB, 1169x1654px
I don't think anyone ever looked at hillbillies the same way
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 620x375px
>>64448737
I don't think anyone ever looked at good friends the same way
>>
>>64448594
Nothing can top Jaws. Also the scariest movie of all time. It's the reason why most sharks are endangered now. You know why? Because people we're scared.
>>
File: p5124_p_v7_af.jpg (78KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
p5124_p_v7_af.jpg
78KB, 480x720px
>>64448594
>>
>>64449732
damn..
>>
>>64449732
That's heavy.
>>
>>64449732
Good one, spielbergo
>>
Anyone have the story about the guy who was in Nepal or Tibet and went into a roadside shop where the locals were watching Jaws in english and being scared by it even though they have never and will never see a real shark and didn't understand the words?
>>
>>64448594
I wasn't around when Jaws came out, but did people really not fear sharks before that movie? I've still never seen it but you've gotta be next-level retarded to not be afraid of sharks
>>
>>64453891
Most species of shark were not endangered before that movie. People shat themselves when Jaws came out back then.
>>
>>64453891
Shark attacks were of course reported in the news but Jaws brought it into the public consciousness all at once.
>>
>>64453026
Here it is straight from the AMA fellow redditor :^)

In 2007, I was traveling in Tibet and walked into a small teahouse in the middle of nowhere. The proprietor didn't speak Mandarin and neither did any of the patrons, so I ordered by gesturing.

Jaws was on TV, horribly subtitled in big white Chinese characters and dubbed in Mandarin. Everyone was watching. So I stuck around and watched, too.

Here's the crazy thing: the TV sucked, the image was obscured, the patrons couldn't understand the dialogue. And yet they were still scared of the shark. Tibet is a high-altitude desert, nowhere near the ocean. But man, there was one lady freaking out that the shark was going to eat Brody's kid.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but honestly, that viewing of Jaws is one of the most memorable experiences of my life. To this day, I refer to the "Tibet Test" when I think about filmmaking. Is this movie still comprehensible after bad dubbing, shitty subtitles, a crappy TV, and an audience who doesn't understand the context?

Jaws is a masterpiece of visual storytelling, and I can prove it because I saw some Tibetans scared of the shark.
>>
>>64453980
Peter Benchley said he later regretted his portrayal of great white sharks and spent a lot of time speaking out about conservation.
>>
>>64454109
I saw it in a Jaws thread here. Didn't even know where it came from. Thanks for informing me of it's origin.
>>
>>64454384
kek I'm just kidding friend I think Tony Zhou is a really informative person
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.