[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these three even the same character? They feel nothing alike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: star-wars.jpg (35KB, 611x458px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
35KB, 611x458px
Are these three even the same character? They feel nothing alike and the only characteristic they seem to share is that they are pilots and have the same name.
>>
WOW PEOPLE MATURE OVER TIME WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!? XD
>>
>>64446095
Pretty sure Ep.1 Anakin is more mature than Ep.2 &3 Anakin.
>>
>>64445996
Anika's died and was reborn three times. This is symbolic of Jesus dying and rising every three days during Halloween traditional Mass.
>>
>>64445996

Don't know about you but I can barely relate to my high school self as a 21 year old today
>>
>>64445996
>mon, you always said the biggest problem in the galaxy is that no one helps each other
>7 years later
>I WANT MORE
>>
>>64446139
OH BOY WHOOPEE!
>>
>>64446095
>>64446139
>>64446171
so its just explained by off screen development?

seems pretty lazy
>>
Why is TCW's Anakin more likeable and mature than Ep. III's Anakin, even before the child killing?
>>
>>64446269
>I hate sand Anakin
>mature
>>
>>64445996
Why is Anakin so void of personality while Vader is strangely likable?
>>
>>64446352

That's not TCW Anakin.
>>
>>64446200

well Anakin ruminates on it a lot in the movies, even if its awkwardly delivered

he apparently spent most of his puberty obsessing about Padme

which I can relate to

I would have considered turning to the dark side to save the life of the girl I had oneitis for through grade school
>>
>>64446386
Hayden tried too hard to mimic JEJ and ended up fucking his own performance.
>>
>>64446386
because hes voiced by a black person
>>
>>64446392
Oh, you meant the TV show.
>>
>>64446406
The problem is that we all assumed that the tragedy that made Anakin fall to the dark side was of special significance, as opposed to something analogous to what every snot-nosed adolescent in the world has gone through.

If he had become Vader because he dropped his ice cream it would have been a relatable tragedy, but not necessarily proportionate to the galaxy-conquering consequence.
>>
>>64445996
mary sue. mary sue. mary sue.
nope same character.
>>
>>64445996
The only thing that gets me about the whole thing is Anakin goes from age 10 to 20 yet Padme doesn't age a fucking day.

I just couldn't overlook that shit for some reason.
>>
>>64446757

How old was Hershlag in TPM?
>>
>>64446544
She's technically only four years older than him. 14 to 24 isn't as big a change as 10 to 20.
>>
>>64446935
Meant to quote >>64446757

>>64446901
18 irl but 14 canonically.
>>
File: 11.jpg (24KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
24KB, 615x409px
>>64445996
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>64446386

Anakin has more personality than Vader. Anakin may be a stuck up selfish whiney little shit but at least that's more of a personality than being scary and having a cool voice. I mean Vader is really cool but that's about all he has going for him. He's like the T-1000, intimidating but simple.
>>
>>64446473
Actually he acted how he was supposed to in both films.His only problem was that he can't actually act so it bled through pretty easily in his performances but it worked out really well for Lucas since it made Anakin look like even more of a whiny bitch with a massive ego.

>mfw there are actual people on this board that aren't bots and really think prequel vader/anakin was badly done

My favorite thing about Star Wars is that it easily identifies who are actual patricians and who are just plebshit nerds or normies with a scifi fetish
>>
>>64446200
always seemed to me that the death of his mom was what turned him and not padme. if she didnt die, he wouldnt have had the fascination with death and preservation of life of those he cared about.

his moms death was handled onscreen.
>>
>>64446717
Yes on little Ani, but you're clearly confused about the word if you're trying to apply it to adult Vader
>>
>>64447679

This. The mental profile of somebody who becomes a merciless space Nazi isn't some super fun cool dude. It's some overly ambitious egomaniac with PTSD, which is exactly what Anakin is in the prequels.

Pro tip: Just because a character isn't likeable doesn't mean they are a bad character.
>>
>>64446544

Love, infatuation, aren't especially significant? It's the one thing that makes guys, especially young guys, really do dumb shit imo.

Also he was having visions of death, the failure to save his mom weighed on him on top of the possible failure of losing Padme.

>galaxy-conquering consequence

he's Darth Vader, not God

not even the highest ranking commander under the Emperor
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.