[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Kubrick a good director?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 318x450px
Was Kubrick a good director?
>>
>>64432407
Kubrick made some decent flicks.
>>
>>64432407
ya and the studio supported the fuck outta him
>>
>>64432407
He was OK.
>>
Yes, having tweens who just discovered movies masturbate with your work is the mark of a good director.
>>
he directed the Moon landings in 1969 and thats fooled the shit out of nearly everybody still to this day.

yeah he's the daddy
>>
He's literally the best director there's ever been.
>>
He's shit.

>>64432717
>>64432744
>>64432822
>>64432938
>>64432901
>>64433203
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64433727
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64432407
He directed the lunar landing, so he's ok.
>>
yes but 2001: A Space Odyssey is overated as fuck
>>
>>64433727
Go back to Reddit.
>>
>>64432407
He gets too much of a free pass for 2001 and Barry Lyndon. Half of his work is pure garbage
>>
In real life, yes
On /tv/, no
>>
>>64432407
The finest director that America has yielded, each film, each frame is perfected to his exact specifications.

Even his set work is insane. The Shining was set out to be physically impossible to give you an unconscious feeling of unease that you couldn't put your finger on.

Absolute visionary.
>>
He was middling in my opinion. Really had nothing to say and is the number one reason we got bunch of retarded directors and DoPs just doing pretty polished pictures without any message or reasoning tied to them. Villeneuve, Nolan etc.

2001 is good, rest , bad.
>>
>>64437314
Nolan's Batman reboot does have a distinct Neoconservative slant
>>
>>64437372
I don't mean the story. The cinematography and direction just aren't tied to anything, they're there to look pretty even when you show murder or beheadings or whatnot. It's boring
>>
>>64436029
There are a ton of people who dislike 2001, including critics. I watched it twice last night, it was like walking through an art gallery. Absolutely spellbinding. Then again, I'm not an ADHD ridden millennial
>>
>>64437455
Dafuq you are on dude
Nolan and Villeneuve are nothing like kubrick lay off the crack pipe
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.