[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me i'm not the only one that thinks this is shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: himym2.jpg (205KB, 1200x775px) Image search: [Google]
himym2.jpg
205KB, 1200x775px
Please tell me i'm not the only one that thinks this is shit.
>>
>>64429009
Ted ruined whole thing
>>
>>64429099
Biggest cuck on tv desu
>>
>>64429099
No... no... in General is just shit
>>
>>64429126
The jokes... god the "jokes"
>>
Marshall>Barney>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ted>>>>>>>>>>>Lily>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pineapple>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Robin
>>
>>64429126
Yeah I agree, but I stop watching because of him
>>
>>64429224
WTF, Robin was one of the better characters

At least until they turned her into a bitch...
>>
>>64429009
hey reddit
>>
First season was good. Then everything was about the lel so funny situations and maymays.
>>
You're not alone.
>>
LEGEN
>>
>>
First 4 seasons are comfy. S5 onwards it goes to shit though. Not only does the writing get worse, but so does the actors delivery. NPH and Cobie especially, and i don't know why.
>>
>>64429303
first season was great, second was good, third was ok
>>
I've been saying this is shit for years. A friend of mine wanted me to start watching it before season 9 started, she said we were "just like Robin and Ted." I made it to season 4 before giving up. It's just so bad.

The characters are extremely unlikeable, horrible people who do horrible things constantly. They're all fucking bitches. And it isn't like Sunny, where their horribleness is owned or, say, Friends, where they are likeable DESPITE their fuckups, you're supposed to find funny how much of a fucking moron they are. And every single thing that ever happens is a coincidence. That's the theme of the show, which is just an excuse for lazy writing.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING EVENT is "right time and right place lol so magical guys right." They don't even have to think about anything because they just shove shit at any scene and call it destiny. It's so hamfisted. Not to mention it has the most predictable ending ever.

When I first started watching it, I told my friend Robin and Ted would be together. She said that's super impossible because of this and that and they already had another mom confirmed and she was gonna marry Barney. I said the show was gonna end, they were going to get divorced or some other shit like that, and Ted would go after her. I laughed my ass off when it aired. Unbelievably shit writing all around.
>>
First couple seasons were great. A show about people that are at a bar every night and bang sluts. After a few seasons it went from good to fucking terrible.
>>
>It's a "I'm going to try to get back with Robin one last time episode"
>>
literally reddit the show
>>
I am currently re-watching as it got added to UK Netflix, and the drop in quality after season 1 is nuts, it just keeps getting worse and worse.
>>
>>64429431

Dude

Your friend wants the dick, but she doesn't know it.
>>
It's pretty decent for the first few seasons. I can't remember exactly which season, I think 3 or 4, there is an incredibly noticeable drop in quality. Like the type of drop you'd expect from a show entering its 9th season. It almost ended in a great way, until they fucked it completely with the "then I got with your aunt Robin" bullshit.
>>
>>64429713
We don't talk anymore and she's fat though.
>>
TV hasn't been good in well over a decade. Probably two.

It's a disgrace, actually.
>>
Marshall is the only saving grace
>>
Sonofabitch :^)
>>
>>64429778

TV was great in early 00s, lots of great shows, then social media happened and Comiccon became all about television and movies now instead of comics. Notice how there's a connection between this happening and the rise and influence of social media being integrated with TV.

Lost was the last great golden age show.
>>
>>64429740
Just wait 20 years until your wife dies of some illness, then bang her with your kids permission which you'll get after telling them a long winded story of how you met their mother
>>
>>64429739
Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty good, first half of season 3 was shitty, then post writers strike it actually picked up even though they were writing and producing the episodes a week before they went to air.

Season 4 was a huge step down, only episode from that season that was even remotely good was the one where Marshall and Robin go to a Minnesota and Canadian bars. Everything after that was pure shit.
>>
File: 1447800191099.jpg (367KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1447800191099.jpg
367KB, 1600x1200px
>>64429224
>>64429269
>>64429303
>>64429367
>>64429412
>>64429439
>>64429739
>>64429919
>>64430555

Literally fucking normie reddit plebs, please kill yourselves, you disgusting pieces of shit.
>>
DARY
>>
If you're going to watch it, don't watch any of the episodes in numeric order. The through lines are so fucking stupid. It was a huge mistake by the writers to think they even needed an overarching premise for each season.
>>
File: silicon-valley-cast-shot.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
silicon-valley-cast-shot.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>64430789
I feel your pain. Silicon Valley is really the only good sitcom out now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YguljAFU3Bc
>>
File: clem fandango.gif (352KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
clem fandango.gif
352KB, 500x281px
>>64431681
nah
>>
If someone you know likes HIMYM, or someone says they like it on /tv/, this person is beneath you. This person is a 'pleb'. It's not just poor quality, it's poor quality poorly masquerading behind an outwardly reasonable quality production and cast. NPH could easily be in a good role in a good show. Allison Hannigan HAS been in a good role in a good show. If you don't pay attention while you're watching this, you could easily mistake it for something other than absolute shit. If someone tells you they like HIMYM, they are telling you that they constantly check their phone while watching things. They get up to get a drink without pausing. They browse Reddit while occasionally tabbing back into whatever they watch on Pulockers, on Couchtuner, or on VLC.
>>
I think its complete dogshit and I have no idea how anyone could sincerely enjoy it. It was such a by the numbers sitcom.
>>
It was average - mediocre filler TV.

I won't call it "bad" though.
>>
Obviously you're not alone, OP. Some people just don't like sitcoms or at least this type of sitcoms. Sill I wonder if there are people who like, lets say, Friends and hate HIMYM. Because come on, first couple of season are solid, the actors are all right and some jokes are actually funny. At very least it's better than TBBT and TBBT is way too fucking popular.
>>
>>64429009
Absolutely garbage.
>>
Barney ruined the show.
>>
I know one person who loves this show so much that he's rewatched it several times and he's literally a 20 year old that still browses 9gag.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.