[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you care what you look like when you travel? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: st.png (424KB, 630x411px) Image search: [Google]
st.png
424KB, 630x411px
Do any of you care what you look like when you travel?

What's your style/fashion look like?

ITT: Your travel fashion.
>>
>>920743
People who spend too much time on their appearance usually aren't able to have much fun.

I just make sure I don't make any faux pas in my attire. If I'm going to a religious site I make sure to wear long pants and a shirt, etc etc.

I dress casual even for work and I pretty much wear the same thing when I travel.
>>
File: saf.jpg (57KB, 338x506px) Image search: [Google]
saf.jpg
57KB, 338x506px
>dressing different when you travel

who does that?
>>
As stupid as it sounds, when I'm traveling and staying in hostels I like to wear shirts with logos from places I've been to. It's a great conversation starter.

>oh hey, cool shirt, you've been in X?
>>
>>920743
I always just look pretty good. When I'm actually in the act of traveling (like literally on the plane) I prefer to wear the most comfortable clothing possible without actually looking like I live at the airport. Other than that I'm usually button downs, khakis, with a light sweatshirt over top. Don't really put too much thought into it.
>>
I dress the same way I would at home in comparable weather.
>>
>>920743
I try to dress like the locals.

Americans tend to stand out wearing those huge sneakers and ball caps and shit and it's helpful to not stand out.
>>
>buy a flatcap at a carrol's
>nobody but old people in the countryside wears them
>>
>>920764
>I try to dress like the locals.

I hope you don't do this in places like India and Southeast Asia, etc. It's so lame.
>>
>>920754
This.

I do this too, and I like to wear t-shirts with logos of my favourite sport teams as they're usually good conversation starters too. I even had people of rival teams talk to me because it's something we had in common.
>>
File: trv.jpg (255KB, 1088x1058px) Image search: [Google]
trv.jpg
255KB, 1088x1058px
Are YOU a true pussyslayer in need of some exotic lovin', but not sure what outfit will score you the most hunnies? Then you're in luck, as you don't have to look any further than pic related!
>>
>>920774
You forgot this one.
>>
>>920776
Fuck, how could I forget. Also bonus points for camera around neck. Either that or one of those Hawaiian flower things
>>
>>920768
people don't need logos or sports teams to strike up a conversation in a hostel. even bitchy girls will not typically rebuke you since everyone is trying to make friends and get laid

I say you should dress in a way that conveys a message about you, if the country is safe, you should be dressing to get attention
>>
>>920749
>People who spend too much time on their appearance usually aren't able to have much fun.
Yea, try going to Paris with your cousin, and finding out how their morning hair routine is 2.5 hours of blow dry, straightening, then curling. At some point, you have to just say, buhbye, see you later after lunch.
Sometimes I'll go on lengthy vacations and not take a single picture. I don't give a damn how I look as long as I am clean, nonoffensive, and dress respectfully for what I'm doing/where (like not wearing flipflops or shorts into a cathedral). That is all!
>>
>>920774
I approve of the Crocs, though pink is beachy, they do come in some brown/black and gray. They (and similar) are pretty versatile for showering+hotel carpets, TSA dirtied socks, spas/pools/mud/raid, and even act like recovery shoes post workout or serious sightseeing.
>>
I think things like a shower and non smelly clothes is a nice courtesy in any country you go to.

However one should always dress for the weather and activity you are doing.

Dressing well is helped when you bring clothes that fit the above category and also are well fitting.
>>
File: japan2.jpg (3MB, 2335x1788px) Image search: [Google]
japan2.jpg
3MB, 2335x1788px
>>920750
Do you even travel?
>>
>>920816
>However one should always dress for the weather and activity you are doing.

Obviously has no style.
>>
>>920750
>>920850
Yeah, bruh. Do you even? It's very important to adapt to the customs of the land you're visiting.
>>
File: gomenasai.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gomenasai.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
>>920881
forgot pic
>>
>>920883
Looks guys is the guy from romhacking dot org
DarknessSavior
>>
>>920895
>DarknessSavior
Literally who?
>>
I wore hockey jerseys during a business trip to Japan.

Surprise: no one gave a shit.
>>
>>920902
>mistakes the austerity of Japanese culture for "no one giving a shit"

Trust me, they thought you were a fucking idiot if you actually did that.
>>
>>920743
I absolutely care what I look like when I travel. I like good service and in most cultures (still today), how you dress is class-based, and greatly determines where you sit in a restaurant, quick counter service within stores, hailing a taxi, VIP airline or hotel upgrade suggestions. It matters. So, you wear clothes that fit well, and travel well without wrinkles. A charcoal gray pair of slacks always is more versatile than jeans for this dress up/dress down reason.

I don't like to offend people so conservative/non sexy. In most cases, I dress like a non-target, meaning, I dress like someone that lives there and has a decent job but isn't rich, or shouldn't be messed with, and I never carry a large day bag. If that is needed, I carry a bag but my wallet is separately elsewhere. Cooler weather is great, because a simple jacket can cover your jewelry and bag both. There may be occasions where it is soooo damn hot, that I might bare the legs, or arms, or wear casual supportive sandals, or flipflop shoes like Tevas or olukai, or some running shoes, among locals who are attired for the office. If oppressing heat and humidity doesn't dictate something sensible among nonsensible native wear, then I wear the right seasonable color, but I will opt for button down short sleeve with UV or breathability vs sloppy Tshirt.
>>
>>920979

>Tevas
You sound like you have no style.
>>
>>920979
>I don't like to offend people so conservative/non sexy. In most cases, I dress like a non-target, meaning, I dress like someone that lives there and has a decent job but isn't rich, or shouldn't be messed with, and I never carry a large day bag. If that is needed, I carry a bag but my wallet is separately elsewhere. Cooler weather is great, because a simple jacket can cover your jewelry and bag both. There may be occasions where it is soooo damn hot, that I might bare the legs, or arms, or wear casual supportive sandals, or flipflop shoes like Tevas or olukai, or some running shoes, among locals who are attired for the office. If oppressing heat and humidity doesn't dictate something sensible among nonsensible native wear, then I wear the right seasonable color, but I will opt for button down short sleeve with UV or breathability vs sloppy Tshirt.

Patrick Bateman checking in
>>
>>920922
And yet, they never commented on it or said anything about it, and I was comfortable.

Go figure.
>>
I care a lot - I want to look like I'm not worth robbing! I do carry an SLR but I use a hand strap not a neck strap - less noobish and could clearly be used to bludgeon!
>>
Do people frown on cargo pants?
>>
>>921235
"Nobody has got a handjob in cargo pants since 'nam."

Superbad aside, I think they are functional shorts but given they have no stylistic value (and hence assuming I'm in a situation where I don't give a f about how I dress), I prefer sports shorts with zip pockets.

In general, I think it's pretty hard to look fashionable in shorts but chino shorts are always a stock standard.
>>
>>921248

Just depends on your style.
>>
>>921248

Shorts are a no no, if you wear shorts you have no style.
>>
>>921029
There is an idea of a good travel outfit. And though I can hide my white sneakers, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.
>>
>>921386

My travel outfit routine begins with the basics, I don't like to offend people. In most cases, I dress like a non-target, meaning, I dress like someone that lives there and has a decent job but isn't rich, or shouldn't be messed with, and I never carry a large day bag. If that is needed, I carry a bag but my wallet is separately elsewhere. There may be occasions where it is so hot, that I might bare the legs, or arms, or wear casual supportive sandals, or flipflop shoes like Tevas or olukai, or some running shoes, among locals who are attired for the office. If oppressing heat and humidity doesn't dictate something sensible among nonsensible native wear, then I wear the right seasonable color, but I will opt for button down short sleeve with UV or breathability vs sloppy Tshirt. In other words I just want to fit in.
>>
>>921381
Tell me that when you are working in a hot humid summer day of over 35 degrees
>>
>>921393

I'll tell you it now, and I'll tell you then. If you wear shorts you have no style.
>>
>>921051
Pure autism. You obviously understand nothing about Japanese culture and just made yourself look like a fool. Pro tip: a good wool suit that's properly tailored is as comfy as sweats and hockey jersey any day.

Time to grow up.
>>
>>921404

fuck you. wearing a suit doesn't mean you're grown up.
>>
>>921235
>>921248
Cargo pants just shouldn't be worn in a city setting. If you're going for a trek or spending a day exploring some ancient ruins I don't see a problem with cargo pants.

And this is where you can tell the kind of travels people go on. If they say you should never wear cargo pants it means they probably never leave cities. Not everyone out there wants to get dirty on their travels...
>>
>>920743

I like dress like a dress at home. I always take care of my appearance, so that would mean a shirt, well fitting jeans/pants and a pair of sneakers/shoes.

You feel better and people respect you more if you are well dressed
>>
I guess casual. Maybe European or something, since I'm constantly told "you don't dress like an American" I know it's meant as compliment, but I don't know how I should take it. lol Especially since they often assume I'm of from Africa origin, depending on the country.
>>
>>921248
I mean long cargo trousers.

>>921381
I never wear shorts.

>>921422
It's all I wear, actually. Just normal looking non-jeans pants with two extra pockets.
>>
>>921422

Fuck that, it's so corny when people dress differently for different settings. "muh hiking gear"

Just wear your jeans, they were good enough for miners, they're good enough for "trekking ancient ruins'. KEK
>>
>>921429
>I like dress like a dress at home. I always take care of my appearance, so that would mean a shirt, well fitting jeans/pants and a pair of sneakers/shoes.
>You feel better and people respect you more if you are well dressed

That doesn't sound well dressed.
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (95KB, 498x960px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
95KB, 498x960px
>>921235
oh god you can't be serious. You will look completely autistic and even if you are chiseled like a god, you will give off absolutely zero sex appeal. It is like saying "Looking good does not interest me". Not sure if this is bait but cargo shorts literally imply you do not give a shit what your personal appearance. You might as well be wearing a garbage bag

>>920754
Makes you look like a tourist. A chang beer T shirt is no cooler than a Walt Disney World shirt and no matter where you are, the only topic of conversation will be the country you are from. Try harder man.

>>920749
Try harder man.

>>920764
truer words were never spoken. Obviously don't dress like Ken Sama but it helps to kind of mimic their fashion so you don´t stick out like a sore thumb. Of course if you already stick out for racial reasons, you'll just look sad and pathetic trying to dress like the locals.

>>920766
they came and went, and will be back again. Not the best choice but far from the worst. Don't wear one if you're irish unless you're really trying to play the Irish card.

>>920813
can´t argue with you, just dont wear em to the pub for fucks sake.

>>920902
Might as well. No use trying to pass yourself off as local.

>>921381
it's really varied by region. Baggy shorts are an american thing, Europeans prefer shorter slimmer fit shorts. Either will make you look strange in the other setting.

Pic related, it's me on my last trip abroad. Did I do good?
>>
>>921475
>oh god you can't be serious. You will look completely autistic and even if you are chiseled like a god, you will give off absolutely zero sex appeal. It is like saying "Looking good does not interest me". Not sure if this is bait but cargo shorts literally imply you do not give a shit what your personal appearance. You might as well be wearing a garbage bag
As I said a few post afterwards: I never wear cargo shorts but long trousers (with extra pockets attached). I don't care about sex appeal, I just want comfy clothing.
>>
>>920743
My shoe's sole is held on with gum. Holes in t shirts as standard.
>>
>>921029
Just re-read that all in his voice.
>once I have butchered a prostitute I like to kick back in my crocs and fannypack and go for a stroll
>>
>>921405

Not the same guy you're talking to, but I would have thought wearing clothes THAT casual on a business trip to Japan of all places, as being social suicide? I'm genuinely curious, not criticising.
>>
>>921495

lol me too

>I never carry a large day bag.
>>
>>921501
>>921404

Yeah, "Business" in this sense referred to engineering and overseeing the machining process for a few replacement pieces for an environmental testing chamber on loan to some subcontractor working for the JSDF.

In short, I'm not wearing a suit when I'm working in a basement and sitting behind a computer telling the local machinists that their tolerances are off by .003
>>
>>921504

Cool, guess that makes sense considering the line of business you're in.
>>
>>921480
well congratulations on your wizardry bro. If your plan is to look like an aspergian shut in who hasnt bought a new pair of pants since the 90s (pretty sure they haven't made cargo pants since then) then you have succeeded.

Just don't be surprised when some Australians put 300 bucks of alcohol on your tab and draw on your face when you pass out.
>>
>>920743
I care a little, at least in the sense that I don't like to offend or look too scruffy. I don't wear shorts unless I'm at the beach, but I don't like shorts at home, either. I think they look undignified. But my 'style' at home is pretty minimalist-- t-shirts or short-sleeved buttoned shirts and jeans or some species of slacks, mostly, unless I'm working, in which case I am a suit.
>>
I'm going back to India tomorrow. I generally just wear whatever is comfortable and looks halfway decent. Since the weather in Delhi is almost always terribly hot, save for this time of year, I do couple up jeans and flip-flops quite a lot. I'm not overly cognizant when it comes to fashion, but it seems like everybody in India does the same thing once they're out of office and getting ready to go home. It's just too humid in the summer to bother with shoes and socks.

I guess I try to dress like a local wherever I go, albeit within reason. You're never going to see me wearing a kurta in Delhi because I'm white; to each their own, but it kind of grinds my gears when people - almost always Caucasians - dress Indian every single day.

Anyway, I guess I dress kinda the same everywhere I go, which is not too flashy or dirty.

Fucking India just brings the worst kinds of dreadlocked, always-high, hippie scum, though.
>>
>>921725
Thank you, oh anon of the internet.
>>
i just wear a lot of my technical hiking clothes. no camera or shoulder bag if i can help it, hate that shit swinging around.
>>
>>921725
>(pretty sure they haven't made cargo pants since then) then you have succeeded.

Acually you're the shut in. Cargo pants are in style now.
>>
>>921741
>I'm not overly cognizant when it comes to fashion, but it seems like everybody in India does the same thing once they're out of office and getting ready to go home. It's just too humid in the summer to bother with shoes and socks.

fashion and style are not the same thing you total fuccboi.
>>
>>921741
>I'm white; to each their own, but it kind of grinds my gears when people - almost always Caucasians - dress Indian every single day.

Do you get mad when Indians wear jeans and sneakers?

I know I do. Why can't they just stick to their shitty saris?
>>
File: 1406555326711.jpg (2MB, 3619x3549px) Image search: [Google]
1406555326711.jpg
2MB, 3619x3549px
>not dressing like this when abroad
>>
>>921775
>The Akihabara survival guide
>>
>>921775
>dose fire boots

Sweet jebus...
>>
>>921810
Shit, those are socks, my bad. Even more bad ass..................
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.