[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improper control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

Have you guys ever gone over an improper control? It happened to me last summer.

I forgot to put my keys in the metal detector, so it rang and then, they body-searched me.

When I came back home, they told me to put my stuff through the scanner but the other people hadn't to.

So I went over 2 police control, on my way to my destination and on my way back home while I was doing absolutely nothing illegal.
>>
I've flown from Spain carrying sprays (deodorant) and liquids (hand moisturiser) and have had to throw them away when flying from other airports. Either they just don't give a shit in Spain or they are too paranoid in other countries.
>>
>>916517
>When I came back home, they told me to put my stuff through the scanner but the other people hadn't to.
Delta has a TSA-precheck for a while now. If you are checked in far ahead and they do a little background check you get to skip a bit of the security random deep checking, to generalize the process.

What you describe however is ignorance. You obviously look and act like a lost puppy and felt persecuted for them doing their job right one way and being casually (bad) on the reverse. Oh well. Luck or your actions/mannerisms brought it on or they were more rushed/less rushed on one leg of your trip. We'll never know.
>>
A guy in my work has had is ass-cheek spread and inspected on 2 different occasions. He told me it happened when he was leaving Florence to come back home. Apparently he had been keeping weed in some small camera film container and emptied it before arriving at the airport but the sniffer dogs still picked up on it.

The guy doing the cavity search was a bit of a cunt and said something along the lines of "isn't this humiliating for you?" To which my collegue replied, "you're the one with your head up a strangers ass."

Makes me laugh.
>>
Travelling from London to Moscow when Crimea situation was kicking off.

I was stopped at the boarding gate by a bloke in a suit asking how long I've been in the UK.

I said since I was born, and he was shocked I was English.

Started questioning me more about why I am travelling to Russia.

Then on the other side the border guard took a LONG time looking at my visas and then when he let me through I was singled out from the crowd and had my bags searched.

Was sketchy as fuck.
>>
I always, always get stopped. I had a jaw extension operation, so have metal plates in there still.

On the way out of NY back to the UK once, I idiotically took a swig of my mouthwash before passing the TSA. Couldn't find anywhere to spit it out, so I swallowed it. Spent most of the flight home with stomach cramps, trying to vomit.
>>
>>916517
why do those police have police written twice on the back of their police?
>>
>>916588
Why the fuck? So you're waiting in line and you're all "gotta get a TSA scan, better make sure my breath doesn't stink,"?
>>
>>916517

Coming into Quebec the French Speaking Canadians hassled me.

Pulled me aside. Had me stand in a non-existent line for 20 minutes. The guy questioned me about my "business" in Canada for 20 minutes. Went through whatever criminal records the USA gives them. Questioned me about things that never happened (i.e. accusing me of being convicted of assault and asking me questions to try and get me to "slip up"). Hand searched my luggage. Then finally let me go, since I hadn't done anything wrong.

A huge waste of time.

Coming home from Cuba security fucked me pretty hard.

I checked my luggage and went through passport control. Moving on to security they check me and tell me I am not allowed to bring a skateboard on the plane as it is a "hazard."

"Ok, cool. I have 3 hours until the plane leaves let me go check it. "
"No, you have already been through passport control, you may not go back"
"Umm, no. you can annul my exit stamp, let me check my board, and then go through passport control again."
"No you must wait for my boss."
wait 2 hours
"Ok, so can i bring my board on the plane or what?"
"No. it is hazard."
"Can someone check the board for me?" (There is a door in this guys office that leads directly to checked luggage area"
"No. You should have checked it."
"No one told me I needed to."
"That is the ticket agents fault. You may not have your board."
"Can I pay a FEE to get my board checked?"
"NO! It is ours. Please go away."
"Can I have a receipt or your name?"
"No."
>>
Security for domestic Chinese flights is insane, even tighter than international flights. When flying out of beijing, each person was frisked for about 5 minutes. The only redeeming factor was that it was done by some cute Asian chick.

>> first time touched by a women in 6 months
>>
>>916658
Probably because he expected to have to throw it away because liquids. So he thought he'd get one last use out of it but didn't think it through. He already said it was idiotic. The motivation was maybe because he was about to have to throw it away.

I'd have spit it back into the bottle.
>>
>>916674
I haven't seen that but I know why they would.

They check for knives and scan luggage at train stations, have done for years not just since the Kunming attack. I've always managed to get through even with knives because they don't care about a foreign tourist and can't be bothered trying to explain in their broken English why I can't have it. Gaijin smash essentially but mixed with a bit of 'doesn't really matter'.
>>
>>916674
>>916763
Even back in the 90s, they had sweeps for firework smugglers on trains. They had posters with pictures of train carriages blown open and people's heads in pieces. It was really graphic stuff but I guess train carriages exploding from fireworks is a bit of a problem.
>>
>>916556
I didn't travel with delta, I didn't even know this company, I'm french.
>>
>>916663

>skateboard

Should have expected this shit man, anything that can be usef to smash stuff in their paradoid mindset is forbidden
>>
>>916517
Twice or so, at the airport in your picture.

First time, wore steel-tipped shoes, didn't know if I was supposed to take them off or not. Second time, forgot I was wearing a belt - I usually never do, and it was my first flight in 5 years. Got frisked, then was allowed to continue because I clearly was just one of the many absentminded travellers rather than a terrorist.
>>
Not my story but when my high school school class was flying from Skavsta (Stockholm) to London only about 8 months after 9/11 this fucker in my class forgot that he had a butterfly knife packed in his carry on, lucky for him he was a minor and white, they took the knife and let him go without further ado.
>>
Bought a Budweiser NHL goal light (wifi synced to your favorite team so it goes off when they score), when I was on vacation in Calgary. My flight from Calgary to Montreal was fine, told security what it was and they said that it was really cool. Montreal security turned into total dicks when I was going back to NY and made me take apart the entire thing, with a screwdriver and shit. Almost missed my flight.
>>
>>916887

My sister forgot that she had a pocket-size pepper spray in her purse when she was flying to Spain. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>916663
sounds like the copper was keen on a gnarly thrash sesh
>>
I can't really say I have anything too interesting to contribute, but I -will- say that, when flying domestically or out of the US, I ALWAYS get the "random" checks (and I average 2-6 of these flights each year). For those who don't know, these are the supposedly random checks the TSA performs on a supposedly random assortment of passengers' checked bags. One can tell when they're selected due to a TSA flier being placed in their bag when it happens.

Sometimes I book early, sometimes late. I don't know what the deal is. I have lived in the US all my life. Honestly it freaks me out, but someone out there clearly thinks I'm more interesting than I am.

Because of this, flying internationally is amusing to me. I was flying from Kiev to Istanbul in 2011 (shortly before the fighting began). I was in line chatting with a dark-skinned Turkish guy, who had to go through the same non-Ukrainian, non-EU passport controls as I did (yes, they had EU/Schengen ports in Kiev for some reason... someone explained to me, but I forget now). Anyway all of the airport's scanning machines were broken, and the guards waved me through without an sort of checks - just a nod. To the Turk behind me? A full search of all his bags, followed by a pat-down. Hah.
>>
>>916940
>when flying domestically or out of the US, I ALWAYS get the "random" checks
Maybe it's simply not random. There are things like not checking in 48 hours in advance, having nothing filled out on the airline website, no return ticket, no frequent flier card, checking a bag you didn't precheck/prepay on the airline website, paying in cash.... nontraceable things like that, etc.
As a standby passenger, I almost always get the notation on the seat request ticket.
>>
>>916657
Different languages
>>
>>916517
I've never had serious problems anywhere, but US immigration grilled me at some length more than once a few years ago when I happened to have visas for Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sudan in my passport all at the same time (I carry a US passport). I'm glad I don't look ethnic or I would have been routed through the "priority cavity search"/ lane. Also glad that passport has since expired and doesn't have fishy-looking visas in it.
>>
>>916950
I've had the special-attention checks a few times as well, but never on my way out of the US. Most recently it was after missing a flight (Bangkok to San Francisco) and rebooking for the next day, which I assume triggered it. The woman who had to pull me aside was really apologetic--"we're sorry, you didn't do anything wrong, we just have to do this because you have this on your ticket...".
>>
>>916950
I had a cow-orker who was Australian but was our sales rep in LA. She would fly LA->Vegas about once a month for sales stuff and was searched every single time.

Then she got a Californian driver's license and used that as ID to check in.

Never searched again.
>>
>>916657
Because they are from Belgium, so they have it written in Dutch and French
>>
>>916517
>So I went over 2 police control, on my way to my destination and on my way back home while I was doing absolutely nothing illegal.

Did you... cry ?
>>
>>916663
Why people are this dumb.

When you are flying, don't bring crazy stuff like a fucking skate board. Also no liquid, no small bottle, no nothing.

When I go through custom, I only have some clothes and a computer. I always try to not bring something suspicious or something I would have to explain.

Why do people bring, fruits, liquid, a fucking skate board like it's the trunk of mom car.
>>
>>917009
Because for some reason people feel the need to bring all their belongings with them where ever they go. Its almost like they don't realize they can buy everything in the country they're going to and can sell it all when they leave.
>>
>>917004
I'm trying to work out what gare that is. Brugge?
>>
>>917021
Brussels Airport.
>>
I once had TSA agent ask me about how I paid for my plane ticket from Euroland->USA and what I'm doing there, but that's just standard profiling to catch people who smuggle drugs or money.
Never experienced a full search even though I travel plenty, but that might be either luck or because I'm fair-skinned and take care of my looks.
>>
Another one was flying home from Crete after a lovely few weeks on a boat. I had my trusty netbook with me and they really didn't like that for some reason. I felt sorry for the guy who had to run his fingers around my sweaty waist.

>>916658

Well it was an 8 hour flight or so, and I hadn't brushed my teeth since the morning. I'd already binned the bottle and the next bin was one with grating rather than a solid bottom.
>>
Is security different all around the US or something? I thought the TSA did the same stuff everywhere.

I recently flew for the first time (from Newark to LA and back again). Leaving Newark all they did was have my take the stuff out of my pockets and put it in a bin and put that through an x-ray along with my carry on and personal bag and then sent me through a metal detected. When I left LA they wanted me to open my personal bag and put my laptop in a different bin by itself to go through the x-ray, take off my shoes to go through the x-ray, x-rayed me and pat down my lower legs.
>>
>>917291

This is the same basic treatment I usually get, too.

I've only had to toss items from my bag once. I forgot that I had a canister of pepper spray in my backpack when I was checking in for a flight from Detroit to New York City. The boarding agent told me I could either throw it out or check my bag. Since it was a Spirit Airlines flight and I didn't feel like paying $100, I opted for the trash. Though now that I'm thinking about it, the guy at the customer service counter was really awesome - even though my backpack was technically bigger than the "free personal item" dimensions, he helped me squish it up and refunded the $35 I'd already paid for a checked bag.

I had to check a bag in Iceland once because of blunt tent stakes, too. It's strange that I could take those on flights within the US but not from Iceland to the UK.

>>916517

I got frisked once when I was a kid. Last summer I went to a bunch of apparently "strange" countries, including several in the Middle-East and Iraq. The TSA agent who inspected my US passport upon my return to JFK in NYC had me follow him into a whitewashed waiting room full of mostly Indian, Pakistani, and Arab men. I was the only pale person in there except for a couple of German dudes who were hurried out after a few minutes.

Fucking had to wait in there for almost three hours before getting lightly grilled by an agent, who basically wasted my time by asking the exact same questions as were on the customs sheet you fill out prior to landing. The only extras he threw in were: what college are you going to, what's the exact value of purchases you made overseas (I neglected to fill that section on the form), and is this the first trip like this you've ever taken.

Can't wait until I get my Afghanistan or Pakistan tourist visas in another year or two, lol.
>>
>>916517
Technically improper, although I thought it was pretty cool and got a nice little talk out of it.

I was travelling back home with my guitar from a small airport in France (Beziers) and I was pulled aside by security and asked to open up my guitar case, in the end the security guard just wanted to take a look at my Les Paul since he was a huge fan of the guitars. Ended up chatting with him for a while and scoring a free bottle of water on the plane.

Thanks frenchbro!
>>
>>916983
That'll do it. Though it makes sense to you, booking last minute is one of the triggers. It's why standby triggers it, as well. That's odd they apologized to you. They shouldn't be chummy or build any rapport, at all (per their training).
I had a TSA woman tell me once to not wear a long necklace like I did, or flip it behind my back *boggle* and I was like why? Oh, so you don't get picked for a check. I am...assuming..that maybe a wand will beep with it, and they think "oh it's the necklace" and not search a person further, thus missing whatever metal you purposefully placed inside a bra? Just a guess for why a long chain triggers an extra wanding and pat down. Anyway, whatever. It's business as usual.

And as others have asked, yes, in some cases you are actually passing through US trained TSAstyle security when you are overseas and inbound into the US, like from UK or Canada, maybe even the Bahamas or elsewhere in the Caribbean, as well. Sometimes forgetting this, I'll buy something past security and forget about my plane change later, and have to toss my big bottled water, or nice toiletries.
>>
>>917312
Don't forget to fill things out, dude. That'll get you pulled aside always. And, you seem dumb, thinking asking questions that are already on the customs sheet, exactly, isn't what they are supposed to do? It's a test, silly.

You haven't been grilled until you fly El Al a few times and realize they have it down to a science, observers, questioners, etc. I've never taken a safer flight in my life!
>>
>>917328

I seem dumb because I'm not well-versed in TSA interrogation protocols? I'm sorry that I didn't realize it was so important for them to double-check whether or not I was lying about having $20 of souvenirs versus $25.
>>
>>917329
Well, you're intelligent enough to call customs and immigration, for a returning citizen, as "the TSA".
>>
>>917331

Whatever, mate. Enjoy the fleeting feeling of superiority you get from picking at a couple of mistakes from a 4chan post.

What country are you from, by the way?
>>
>>916588
Just spit it on the floor, it's not like anyone in NY gives a fuck.
>>
When flying into Amsterdam's Schiphol to go to a friend's wedding, I got interrogated by like ten Customs tards. I guess they have to make up their quota of non-Arab non-Black non-SEAsian people somehow, so they all wasted time on some middle-aged white Amerifat (me) for like ten minutes to be sure they could mark the box on their daily report, "we did equal-opportunity traveler harassment".

>Where are you from?
America!
>Where are you going?
Brussels!
>Why did you fly into Amsterdam, then?
Because the flight was cheaper.
>What are you doing in Brussels?
Watching a friend get married.
>How long have you known him?
Uhhhhhhh . . . twenty years or so.
>Do you have any drugs?
. . . No?
>Want some?
What sort?
>Never mind, they are for us only. It was a trick question, xaxaxaxaxa! You tourists cannot have any. You are free to go . . . comrade.
Thanks! <run like hell>

>>916940
>>916950
>>917000
TSA loves to do a close search on the really hot girls. I've seen some fat TSA landwhale drag a slender cutie off to the side for "special screening" half a dozen times. Twirl around, honey, TSA wants to see dat ass again.

>>916955
>>917004
I like how they switch the order around on the two jackets. Can't have one language given primacy, after all.
>>
>>917312
>not from Iceland to the UK.
Blame it on the UK, they are afraid of pointy things.
>>
>>916919

I guess so.

I was bummed cause I had brought 5 completes for the local kids to have. I just wanted to keep my set up.
>>
File: DSC02828.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02828.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>917009

>why do people on go trips to donate goods to kids in poor country?
>why do people bring sports equipment when they will be giving lessons to little kids on how to use this equipment?
>why do people travel to engage in sports in other countries?
>why do people from different cultures form bonds through sport?
>why do people expect to bring their own property home?

no clue. shit sounds pretty dumb to me.
>>
>>917312
>Can't wait until I get my Afghanistan or Pakistan tourist visas in another year or two, lol.
Why would you be coming to Pakistan? Which city?
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 347x500px
>>917312
Afeghanis-tan
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 254x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 254x350px
>>917361
Pakis-tan
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 600x474px
>>917361
>>917363
>>
>>917361
>>917363
what are thse. . .
>>
>>917352
It sound like you have a white man savior complex.
>>
First time I went to the US I just got waved thru. My friend who I travel with got a bunch of questions about what he works with back in Sweden and what he was going to do in Florida.
He's from DR Congo in Africa so that might have had a part in it.
>>
>>918432
There's also a random element in who is selected. Makes it harder to predict/game the system.
>>
>>918445
he's gotten the same kind of questions in England and New Orleans.
Not in Ireland though
>>
>>918449
People in England asked what he ws going to do in Florida?
>>
File: no its gin.png (232KB, 350x569px) Image search: [Google]
no its gin.png
232KB, 350x569px
>>918453
okay sure
>>
>>918050

you got me.

being charitable = white man savior complex
wanting to interact with people of another culture as peers through an activity = savior complex

kek.

troll softer
>>
>>918432
>He's from DR Congo in Africa so that might have had a part in it.
Could have been random, but also people from Sweden are less likely to overstay a tourist visa and attempt to illegally reside in the US than from all the economic dumps of the world. Questions about your job (and what you do) will sometimes figure out if you intend to be a burden on the US system, or if you are a person of multiple opportunities. Standard fare of most countries to check if a person has an exit plan, a ticket, money, a job waiting for them back home, if they know people here (who might want to support them suspiciously), and so forth. Believe it or not, people intending to break the law can get pretty tripped up by the questions and make a mistake.
>>
>>918486
I'm in the same line of work that he is and we both have Swedish passports. (He had gotten citizenship a couple months before the trip) He was standing in line behind me and got to talk to the same person I did only he got all the questions.
And it has happened after that in New Orleans and London
>>
>>918654
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a nationalized swede from africa may still be trying to land-of-opportunity finish his life off in the USA.
>>
>>918698
>making it big in america when you have a decent paying job and all the other perks of living in Sweden
>>
>>916940

They always search my suitcase but I think its because they are laughing at my sex toys. Idc as long as none of my stuff gets stolen idgaf
>>
>>918723
>>making it big in america when you have a decent paying job and all the other perks of living in Sweden
Are you implying no swedes ever emigrate to the US? Or are you implying that people with jobs in other countries don't emigrate to the US? Even swedish tennis players go live over in Monaco, the US, anywhere, just to escape the ridiculous tax rates. Wake up. The US is the absolute ultimate goal for some people. You were born a swede, but someone born in Africa might think quite differently than you do. Immigration agents deal in profiling based on statistics, facts and probability you don't understand.
>>
When I was flying out of Israel, my flight was mid-day and I got bored in the morning so I turned up a few hours early. Turned out this was a bad thing - when my taxi got stopped at the external perimeter, the kids with guns got excited about me being early, pulled us to one side, and I got to sit in a little concrete box while they scanned, swabbed, and searched my suitcase, and quizzed me for an extended period of time about why I was there (I was there for business). When they finally concluded that I wasn't a white British mid-thirties middle-class Christian terrorist, they let me go, but not before also searching the taxi, popping the hood to examine the engine, and searching underneath the taxi with those mirror things.

Inside the airport, the next spotty kid with a gun told me he was worried about my suitcase, and I got dragged to one side for another swabbing and search.

Israel - tedious as shit. I actually enjoyed my trip up to that point, but dealing with all that crap put me off any ideas of going back.
>>
>>918749
Oh c'mon. It's necessary, of the entire place wouldn't safe for anyone.
>>
>>918749
I will have to deal with that crap soon since I'm going to Israel in a few weeks. I hope I get lucky and won't have to deal with the 4 hour interrogation things.

They do profiling apparently. So I probably have a high chance of being singled out, since Finland is famous for exporting terrorists after all.
>>
>>918768
I hope you do better than I did. Apart from that, I actually really enjoyed the trip - old Jerusalem and all the sights around Jerusalem are great, and Tel Aviv has amazing beaches and hot as fuck women. Like all travel, it was also good for reminding me that whatever people like to say about Israel's actions in the area, at the end of the day its citizens are just people, and pretty nice people once you get past some initial abruptness.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.