[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Northeast Africa/Iberian General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

The catalog didn't have a specific Spain travel thread (the existing one belongs in >>>/int/), the two Portugal threads are dying, and there are no threads devoted to North Africa.
If you have questions and answers regarding:
>Spain (mainland)
>Basque country
>Balearic Islands
>Gibraltar
>Portugal
>Morocco
>Algeria
>Tunisia
>Libya
post them here.
>>
OP starting it off
>29 y/o f + 30 y/o m
>Relatively seasoned travelers
>Free from 20 Sep to 02 Oct
>Planning on Spain/Morocco
>Is it worth it do do both countries and/or Portugal?
>What is the best way to superpack the itinerary?
>Tips, advice, costs?
>>
>>1289880
The initial plan is to take a flight from NYC to Seville, work our way south toward Morocco, then work our way toward Malaga, finally to take a flight back home. We are counting on the first day and the last day effectively being for packing and travel. Politesage
>>
I think it's a shame to try to do all that in just 10 days. Don't underestimate travel times in Morocco.
>>
>>1289888
Thanks.
Would you recommend the day tours to Morocco if we just want to take the ferry and visit it?
Would you recommend Spain or Morocco this time of year if we are choosing just one?
>>
>>1289888
>>1289891
We decided we're going to have a 5-city itinerary:
1. Granada
>Arrival and tour
2. Malaga
>Both head there and tour
>Take the ferry to Tangier
3. Tangier, Morocco,
>Day tour
>Stay overnight
4. Seville
>Day tour
>Train to Cordoba
5. Cordoba
>Day tour
>Train to Seville, depart
thoughts?
>>
>>1289891
I think it's a shame that people do a day tour to Tangier "just to say they've been there". Go ahead and do it just to spice up your Spain trip; personally I love Tangier. But don't think "ok now I can cross Africa off my list".
Consider carefully whether you're likely to be able to make it to Morocco later in life. If so, just stick to Spain this time.
>>
>>1289902

That is a very nice trip, but keep in mind that those Spanish cities have a long history behind them, specially Seville and Granada, so it's very unlikely that you will be able to see all their monuments and important buildings in just one day.
>>
>>1289902
There is no ferry from Malaga to Tangier. I made the mistake of getting on the ferry at Motril, and it took me to Mellilla, a Spanish exclave.
You'll have to take the bus to Algeciras, or better yet, Tarifa.
>>
>>1289878
that's northwest africa
>>
>>1289902
>5 day tour
American? Why don't you get a proper amount of time and do it the right way? 5 days is not enough for Sevilla.
>>
>>1289902
No Marrakesh? I now see why people hate American tourists.
>>
>>1290044
>But don't think "ok now I can cross Africa off my list".
Oh no! We're planning on separate trips to North Africa (specifically one dedicated to Morocco and one dedicated to Egypt) in the near future.
>Consider carefully whether you're likely to be able to make it to Morocco later in life.
By this do you mean potential regional instability, or the increase in costs due to development, investment, and tourism increases, our personal lives getting in the way, some combination, or none of the above? If it's our personal lives, we're D.I.N.K. Y.U.P.s atm and have a bit of time to do some traveling when off from work. Thank you, though.
>>1290049
We'll keep that in mind and try to tightly pack our itinerary. Of course, if we had more time we would be able to see more. Is there anything of historical interest and "off-the-beaten-path" that you would recommend?
>>1290057
Ah then that's something we would have to figure out.
>>1290088
Well... East is just West if you go far enough :) IAS, I just screwed the pooch on that one.
>>1290442
Yes we're american, but in reality we have 8-9 days, which we we will try to pack the aforementioned 5 cities in. Perhaps less time would be spend in Malaga and Granada to make more time for the latter 3.
>>
>>1290715
>No Marrakesh?
It is too far out from Spain and would take time away from the other cities we would like to see in the time period we have. At some future date, we would like to go throughout Morocco with some Moroccan women I met in Thailand last year.
>I now see why people hate American tourists.
Dunno if you're trolling or if you just didn't read that we only have a limited amount of time, while other people ITT are complaining that we won't have enough time even for individual cities in Spain, let alone Morocco.
Politesage
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.