[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 28

File: Picture-18.jpg (621KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-18.jpg
621KB, 662x1000px
New Japan General

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
Please try to refrain from asking questions about prostitution.
Japan's sex industry is almost completely inaccessible to foreigners who do not speak Japanese.
What is available can generally be found in the following links
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/
>http://rockitrisingsun.com/
>http://hentaitokyo.com/

*Note about the JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1262029
>>
Thoughts on Nikko in mid November? Kinda want to go to a proper onsen but I'm restricted by price and distance from Tokyo. I am only in Japan for a week but was thinking of doing an overnight trip. Any other places spring to mind brehs?
>>
is $4,000 enough for two weeks there?
I want to haul back a bunch of weeb shit and see tourist destinations, and have no problem staying in hostels.
>>
>>1266151
Yes, you could stay quite comfortably for that amount of money.

As for the weeb shit, that is subjective. You could spend 100k on weeb shit.
>>
>>1262660
>>1262701
Hahaha same, I live in LA and that price is a fucking steal. I pay 100 usd more than that and no one I know has a cheaper place than I do.
>>
>>1266133
Why does Japanese pudding look so damn amazing?
https://youtu.be/Ohte57763KY
>>
>>1266133
Why does Japan merit a constant general thread?

I mean I think it's cool and I would like to go there but I dunno why we always need a Japan General.

That said, is there anything I should add to my list? I like historic buildings and architecture as well as cool nature like things. Here's the list
tokyo
kyoto
nara
mt fuji
amcient temples
kyoto imperial palace
nishiji market
ryokan
golden temple
Harajuka
Shinjuku
giant buddha
osaka
nara deer park
stay in zen monastery
nakasendo hike
tianmen mtn
Himeji Castle
kyushu
okinawa
Hokkidu
Shikoku
Ishigaki
hiroshima
Matsuyama
>>
>>1266201
>Why is there a Japan general on a website that was inspired by a Japanese image board and is filled with weebs?
I just can't figure it out .
>>
>>1266201
Holy shit idk where I got this list but a ton of the places are just areas of tokyo/kyoto and I included a chinese mountain for some reason I'm trimming this down
>>
>>1266201
>Why does Japan merit a constant general thread?

it probably doesn't but there is a huge interest in travelling there. Before the general, there were 10-20 threads with less than 30 replies asking basically the same questions (as you can also see in the general). Without this thread, the board would just get flooded again
>>
>>1266201
because there are a bunch of weebs who wish to travel to Japan, especially on this this website
>>
>>1266201
No Fushimi Inari? Whatever. You're missing out though. It's probably like 30 minutes away from Kyoto station door to door. I also really liked Sanjusangendo as well. Shrings are pretty cool, man.
>>
this might be autistic, but japan always surprises me with social differences so here we go.

will I get weird looks or in trouble for wandering around small neighborhoods at night and back alleys like pick related in the OP? the more secluded areas where I'll probably be the only person out.

I just like absorbing the nocturnal atmosphere and experiencing this kind of thing when I go to foreign countries. should I bring a camera and pretend I'm a photographer in case people get suspicious?
>>
>>1266229
>should I bring a camera and pretend I'm a photographer in case people get suspicious?
Yeah, and take pictures of them. They'll be delighted.
>>
Hey, so I need to get to Haneda from Narita with all of my luggage (two huge suitcases and a backpack). I know it takes a long time to get between airports, but what's the best method if I have all this luggage? Even if I could possibly fit it on a bus or train, I'd be a fucking dick.
>>
>>1266234
Just take the fucking bus. They are used to camels like you
>>
>>1266229
>will I get weird looks
Probably, but once they see you're a foreigner they won't give a shit. It's kind of like if you see a stranger in a backalley anywhere, it feels mildly sketchy but no one will care ultimately. The crime rate is tiny so people will probably be less creeped out than pretty much anywhere.

>or in trouble
No.

>should I bring a camera and pretend I'm a photographer in case people get suspicious?
Why not actually take photos? If you don't plan on that, then there's no point. They won't care much anyway, and if they're close enough to see you're white then they won't care at all and a camera won't change that.
>>
>>1266233
can't tell if this is sarcastic or not
>>1266243
thanks for the info
the point is just because I like exploring and have never visited japanese city before.
>>
>>1266237
The limousine bus from Narita to Haneda?
>>
>>1266221
Don't act mad that I didn't include a certain place I posted what I had so far with the goal being that you help me add places.

Thanks for the suggestions tho
>>
File: 2_daurma-doll-from-japan.jpg (93KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2_daurma-doll-from-japan.jpg
93KB, 600x400px
What type of souvenirs have ya'll brought back and/or should I bring back?
>>
>>1266191
https://youtu.be/KLJ-jXJLPcU
>>
File: IMG_2987.jpg (68KB, 862x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2987.jpg
68KB, 862x843px
Listen up you cucks

I'm a solo traveler
I'm in Osaka
I partied with the yakuza last night
I partied with G*d's chosen last night
We got in free VIP
All this happened cuz I bumped in to someone randomly

Don't be a cuck
Do what you wanna do
The dream is real
And I even met a guy who is a non native speaking English teacher
Don't let anyone stop you
Do it
Live the dream

Message me if you wanna meet up
70 days in Japan
Ace Venchurro on FB
>>
My buddy and I are headed to osaka and Kyoto this week but have very loose plans. We have been staying in a Tokyo hostel and it's been pleasant.

Any recommendations over in those areas from personal experience? We grabbed Jr passes for the experience so anywhere is possible.
>>
What kind of karaoke places do you all recommend? I'm interested in finding ones that have a generally open atmosphere where we aren't all broken up into rooms so that we can use karaoke as a social tool to make friends.
>>
File: IMG_2979.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2979.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1266396
>>1266397

Just go anywhere and bar hop. Shinsaibashi has lots of gaijin bars. I wound up somewhere and can confirm the meme of Chinese Canadians based on my experience.

But it was a good time.

Idk about JR, ifs my second time here and it seems over priced
>>
>>1266397
the booth type is the normal one in japan, afaik only old people go to public karaoke. try to make friends at a bar and then go to karaoke with them, it'll be easier that way.

cheapest chain is karaoke ichiba (with a red ball face as the logo)
>>
File: 1494869558543.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494869558543.gif
1MB, 245x200px
Has anybody been to the suicide forest?
>>
>>1266148
November will be perfect to see the autumn foliage in nikko - if you happen to be there in foliage high season it will be absolutely packed with domestic tourists though.

as an alternative, hakone is famous for being an onsen town close to tokyo and it has fuji views.
>>
>>1266422
don't go, it's a meme. there are more than enough destinations in japan that are more worth your time.
>>
>>1266229
Buy a Ricoh GR and walk around the streets at night like a stray dog
>>
>>1266395
You come off very pretentious and autistic
>>
File: patch.jpg (666KB, 1000x814px) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
666KB, 1000x814px
>>1266297
Not exactly souvenirs, but I brought back pic related, some eromanga, a Konata figure, Japanese band merchandise and two weird magazines - one depicting cute girls wearing knee-highs and swimsuits swimming underwater and one with cute girls wearing Nazi uniforms with captions talking about each one.
>>
>>1266395
I would if I was in Osaka, absolutely love that place.

>>1266437
You wanna frick off dude?
>>
Planning a trip to Tokyo soon and I wanted to explore some of those alleyways with food like in Shinjuku.

I've read that since these places don't usually cater to tourists, what are some tips to bypass the language barrier when buying food or whatever.

Is it enough to stick to gesturing or can I just bring up Google Translate to communicate?
>>
File: 20170626_133851.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_133851.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1266459
Places like golden gai are filled with lonely planet clutching weebs ever since anthony bordain featured it. You should be fine with the most basic of Japanese phrases. Any place with a members only policy will have a note in english out front. Pic related, i took it last night.
>>
>>1266452
Where did you get the magazines if you dont mind me asking? Specifically the nazi one.
>>
>>1266481
The Nazi one was from a military surplus store in Osaka. The underwater one I bought in Akihabara and can be bought online: cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1716096
>>
This is probably not entirely related to Japan, but wanted to ask just in case any of you guys have some tips. I'll be buying a handful of vinyl records during my trip to Japan. I wanted to know what was the best way to pack these vinyl records in my luggage or if theres a better way to send these records back home.
>>
>>1266486
Thanks so much, i gotta get me some jaoanses nazi memorabilia. Any idea what part of osaka it was in
>>
>>1266495
It was エスアンドグラフ 大阪店 I recognize the google street view photo. I'm not sure if they still have it, I got it in 2014.
>>
>>1266497
Youre the best anon
>>
Anyone know good places to go in roppongi, is it weird to go alone? I'm looking to take advantage of japanese girls ideas of white men, and I'd rather nor get roofied by friend Nigerians.
>>
>>1266437
Surely less Autistic than the people who are scared to do anything that I see posting on here all day
>>
For those who have done it: best prostitution experience and where?
>>
>>1266191
Bro, that's called flan. You can get that in any country.
>>
>>1266395
I wasn't interested in what you were saying but then you said that you met a non native English teacher and now you've gotten me pumped up my dude
>>
So I'm stranded in the Narita airport. Told my local bank that I would be going to Japan, but the card is still blocked and they're now closed. I know I'm a fucking idiot for not bringing any cash, but is there anything I can do besides wait until tomorrow when they open again? Any way to get PayPal funds into real funds?
>>
How tough is Japanese to learn?
I've learnt Dutch though I have a Dutch partner which helped, though I've just started Japanese and it seems pretty intense.
How open to general conversation are the Japanese with westerners trying to learn their language? I know in some countries they think it's nice and try to help, in others they think you're annoying unless you speak it well.
Also any useful resources to help are appreciated, currently using the new Japanese language on Duolingo which I also used for Dutch and is good for a basis I found.
>>
>>1266528
What is your mother tongue?
>>
File: 1cc.png (347KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
1cc.png
347KB, 600x788px
Hey guys I've never really traveled before, summer break of my second year of college just started for me and I've been feeling quite depressed and burnt out in general, so I thought maybe I should just jump right into a small dream of mine of going to Japan. The problem is I don't know jack shit about anything, I don't speak Japanese, or read it, no idea how transport would be and knowing if I would be able to make efficient use of my time in seeing the stuff I would like to. I would also like to go there alone, because I feel like when I'm "adventuring" with my friends and other people I seem to always be rushed or hurried along with everything, and never get to do all that I want to, is going alone a bad idea? What about cell phones? Just gotta talk to my provider? How hot would it be in middle of august? Would be be a good idea to have one hotel home base type thing, or just find a place to stay as I go? Ect, all questions like this.

The only super specific places I really want to go to are Tokyo, Kyoto, and Ebisu circuit, other than that I just want to explore random towns soaking in the architecture and the aesthetic picturesque things like in the OP.

Should I just go? Or take another year of planning? Any help/advice would be appreciated.
>>
I just got back from camping in Kamikochi. I would highly recommend it if you enjoy forests and mountains, probably the best looking nature I've seen in Japan and it is easy to hike if you are in decent shape. Definitely go before they let kids out of school in July.

I'm an expat who has been here for the long haul though, if you are just visiting and have limited time it might not be worth it unless you love to camp.
>>
>>1266533
You don't need to know Japanese to get around the popular parts of Japan. Don't bother trying to learn it for a single trip, the time investment won't even come close to paying off.

August is the hottest month of the year, early August especially can be brutal in Tokyo but it really depends on the year. Unless you can't stand hot weather, I say go for it anyway.

Where you stay is determined by your budget. Japan isn't great about having affordable but nice hotels in the cities. Hostels are a viable option if you are on a budget.

Transportation and cell phones are easy to figure out.
>>
>>1266397
I like Karaoke Kan personally because they have the largest selection of weeb songs
>>1266501
kys
>>1266505
your mom
>>1266533
If you have the money and time to do it, why not. Japan is a 1st world country, even without understanding the language the worst thing that will happen to you is getting in the wrong train or something.
>What about cell phones?
you can get a data sim card or pocket WiFi.
>How hot would it be in middle of august?
Pretty hot, 30°C with high humidity at least in the areas you mentioned
>Would be be a good idea to have one hotel home base type thing, or just find a place to stay as I go?
If you want to travel the country, you should look at places in different cities, if you want to explore one area, the former would be better I reckon.
>Should I just go?
Sure, if you want to
>>
>>1266526
Not that I can think of. Really sorry about your predicament, my dude. On the upside, I've been stranded in a lot of airports, and Narita seems like a pretty okay one. Check in tomorrow morning and tell us how you're doing.
>>
>>1266526
>>1266544
Bump, so I guess it's not permitted to stay overnight in Narita? Holy shit, I'm going to be homeless for my first night in Japan. I can't even walk around since there's nowhere to go. Goddamn I am dumb.
>>
>>1266548
>so I guess it's not permitted to stay overnight in Narita?

can't imagine it wouldn't be okay desu. Just find a bench and chill
>>
>>1266533
Just go dude. With one week of intense planning you can have the whole thing worked out and everything will be fine. First scout some hotel/hostel rooms. Then, google "[thing relevant to my interest] in tokyo" and you'll hit a bunch of results. Check one out, find the closest station to it, know the closest station to where you'll be staying, plug those two into hyperdia, you've got an activity planned. Do that a dozen times and you'll have the whole trip filled.

You don't need to speak a word of japanese. Know "sumimasen" for when you bump into people, "arigato" for thanking people, and you're good. Signage in airports and train stations comes in english, so it's hard to get lost, and the crime rate is super duper low, so unless you plan to get piss drunk and try to fuck some girls in roppongi you're in no danger, even if you have no idea where you are or what's going on.
>>
>>1266534

Good tip, bro. I'll take note and probably check it out one day.

>>1266548
Are you not? Like I said, I've been stranded in a lot of airports, and while none of them let you tay overnight past the secure area, I've never been to one where you can't at least sleep on a bench outside the terminals, around the check-in areas.
>>
>>1266549
>>1266555
I guess I'll try it. I feel like it's frowned upon at the very least.
>>
>>1266533
Im doing exactly what you're thinking of right now, and im loving it. It would be a nice to have other people around, but being alone makes it more exciting. Its pretty cool seeing how you fare in such an alien situation. I think you should do it if you think you can handle being utterly on your own. I believe you can do it.
>>
>>1266548
>>1266526
if it makes you feel any better, the first time i went to tokyo solo, i fucked up the date because my brain is dumb and couldn't figure out the time difference, so I was also homeless my first night because I had booked my airbnb for the next day. i honestly considered sleeping underneath a bridge nearby, but there were other homeless people already there and i didn't wanna disturb them (/get stabbed, even though I know violent crime is virtually nonexistent in japan). eventually i bit the bullet and found a hostel nearby, but before that i wandered around for hours hungry and tired and feeling like a complete retard (because I was, desu). stupid shit happens.
>>
>>1266556
It's not ideal, but it's also not uncommon. Travel fuck-ups happen all the time at major international airports that service many thousands of people every day. You're absolutely not the first person they've seen crash overnight. No worries.
>>
>>1266558
>>1266559
Hey, thanks guys.
>>
This is a stupid question but should I wear shorts in july/august? Or do people not really wear shorts there?
>>
>>1266562
those are the only two months where people generally wear shorts (at least in big cities)
>>
>>1266528
You can do it, just keep at it and don't give up. It's a lot at first, but once you get into a study habit, it gets better. Duolingo only goes up to N5, so I would only use it on the side with your other studies.
Most Japanese are happy you're trying to learn their language or have an interest in their country. Which is great but also sucks because they most likely won't correct your language mistakes.
>>
>>1266540

>recommends anime karaoke
>goes full autist in response to anything having to do with the opposite sex

Thanks for the laugh mate!
>>
>>1266297
I bought a ceramic mug for my mom because I think Japan has unique ceramics . I also got my sister a handkerchief because they have unique fabric designs.

Basically I tried to get things they can use on a daily basis but are also something that Japan specializes in. Oh and of course I brought back Japanese candy, which is always popular. Now this is just stuff I got others, I got way more for myself, like figs, rare cd's and some plushies. Basically stuff I didn't feel like paying high shipping fees for.
>>
Graduated recently with a bachelors degree in computer engineering, what are my chances of landing a somewhat relevant job in Japan? I am obviously willing to learn some japanese before i go there.
>>
>>1266201
back in the day there would be like 10 threads about japan running, i preferred that but it's not my call, the japan general just gives people a one stop shop for all the questions they might have so there aren't a bunch of threads with people posting "ANOTHER JAPAN THREAD"
>>
What's the cheapest time of the year to travel?
>>
>>1266658
Fall
>>
Planning to go to Tokyo between late August to early September for about a week and a half, or two. Still figuring out the cheapest costs.

Do I need to book in advance for places like hostels or can I just turn up at like 9pm?

Also, odd request, but I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in net cafes or even acted as a McRefugee? This is my first experience of travelling alone and I like the idea of finding somewhere last minute to stay, even if it's a shitty 24/7 McDonalds. Basically I want to see how I cope with being borderline homeless.
>>
>>1266661
I've heard that Fall is full of tourists.
>>
>>1266201
Because 4chan is mainly a weeb website regardless of the board
>>
How necessary is travel insurance? Planning travelling from the UK here
>>
>>1266480
What does members only mean?
As in you actually have to get a membership to be able to eat there, or does it just mean no gaijins?
>>
>>1266691
From what I've gathered, most of the pubs/bars in Golden Gai are very small and intimate and thus some of them will only allow regular customers and introductions from said regulars. So, no it's not exclusively anti-gaijin.
>>
>>1266395
You gon be there in Summer 2018?
>>
Alright, so I slept in Terminal 2 on the benches. Nobody woke me up to check my passport, and there are a ton of Japanese folk sleeping in this terminal too. I'd say it worked out pretty good
>>
File: Fuji san.jpg (1MB, 2000x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Fuji san.jpg
1MB, 2000x1198px
I'm applying for a six month visa and in the visa application, they want to know my arrival date and airline, but I have no ticket purchased yet, in case thing goes south.

Does it matter if I choose a certain date and then I actually arrive a few days later let's say?

Should I also have the return flight booked upon entry?
>>
>>1266669
As opposed to summer, Christmas/new years, and flower viewing seasons?
>>
>>1266668
That's not going to be nice - larping as a homeless weaboo
>>
So we're beginning to plan a trip but thought it would be fun to do something not involving Tokyo.
We were thinking Hokkaido/Sapporo, but we know very little about it. Sapporo sounds like another big city so we're wondering how different it is? Does anyone have experience with Northern Japan and might be willing to suggest some fun places to see/eat at?
>>
>>1266791
I live in Sapporo and have traveled around all of Hokkaido. If you can be specific, AMA.
>>
>>1266800
Thanks! we're thinking about nature hikes, or anything scenic? Ideally near the water. or if there are any popular onsens that we should stay at? also if you have any favorite places in sapporo to recommend, it would be appreciated!
>>
>>1266747
>I'm applying for a six month visa and in the visa application, they want to know my arrival date and airline, but I have no ticket purchased yet, in case thing goes south.
Enjoy getting denied, they'll want to make sure you have things planned out to the T when doing an extended visa

>Does it matter if I choose a certain date and then I actually arrive a few days later let's say?

IIRC you have to leave the day you say you are, otherwise you can be barred from re-entry. I doubt they would care about a day or two if you make up some bs story about missing your flight or whatever.

>Should I also have the return flight booked upon entry?

No idea why you wouldn't book a round trip flight to begin with.
>>
>>1266806
>we're thinking about nature hikes, or anything scenic?
There's lots, but it depends on the season. When are you thinking of coming? Will you rely on public transportation, or will you rent a car?
>Ideally near the water
Beaches in Hokkaido are cold (the swimming season is literally 2 or 3 days long) and not especially nice. You can however take day trips (on boat) around the Shiretoko and Nemuro peninsulas, and these are also both good for hiking. There are also a lot of lakes here, plus whitewater rafting (Niseko) in the summer.
>any popular onsens that we should stay at?
There are hundreds of these in Hokkaido. I'd recommend Noboribetsu -- easy to get to from Sapporo without a car, plus lots of hiking/nature near the onsens (the whole area is very active volcanically).
>any favorite places in sapporo to recommend
Again this depends on what you're interested in.
>>
Going for the whole month of august, does trv do a comiket meetup or is that more a jp thing? Looked at the catalog there didn't see anything but then again it is a bit early.
>>
>>1266607
Even if you speak fluently you're unlikely to find anything. Like most places, you have to have bring something to the table that they can not find in Japan for most jobs, and for that you'd likely need a Master's or a Doctorate and have some contributions to the field. They can get all the computer engineers they need from local universities. Your best shot would be getting a job with some multinational and then trying to get sent abroad after at least a year of working there (that's required for a visa), or you could do English teaching but it's not too relevant to your degree. Why would you though? Japan is notorious for shitty corporate culture, you don't want to be working for some giant corporation in Japan.
>>
>>1266607
If you are in the US or US citizen contract jobs working in japan are stupid easy to get. most contracts are fairly long though and the hours are stupid long. Don't go in looking for paradise, your pay also usually well below average when compared to the american job.
>>
>>1266830
>>1266833

Pretty much these, although I think that contract jobs (outside of teaching) are not so easy to get, especially if your Japanese (speaking, reading, writing) isn't close to fluent.

>>1266607

Also, Japan is notoriously retarded for computer stuff -- they're seriously way behind the times. Unless you're particularly interested in smartphone apps/games, doing computer work in Japan is probably a big step backward for your career. Plus of course there's the shitty pay and terrible working conditions to consider.
>>
>>1266838
>although I think that contract jobs (outside of teaching) are not so easy to get,

If you have a clean record and don't mind working for the US government I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one tomorrow. Knowing japanese is a huge plus but every company that does overseas work wants "that English guy who can relate to foreigners".

biggest thing is that you'll be expected to work insane hours for meh pay
>>
I'm planning a trip for two weeks around August to September and quite flexible with the actual dates.

Should I buy the cheapest tickets now? I see the prices fluctuating a lot between high and low so I'm not sure when I should be buying.
>>
Tell me about food in Japan. I am addicted to American food, particularly East Coast and Southern stuff. Are there plenty of places that sell fat, juicy hotdogs, burgers, steaks, wings, and so on? Also, do they sell the good American groceries in supermarkets? For example, DiGiorno's pizza.
>>
>>1266865
>Are there plenty of places that sell fat, juicy hotdogs, burgers, steaks, wings, and so on?

No. The Japanese do foreign food very poorly in general (with the exception of high-priced French). There are occasionally good places, but they're few and far between and have to be searched out.

>do they sell the good American groceries in supermarkets?

Nope, unless you're in the military and have access to a commissary or exchange. Regular supermarkets have almost nothing; specialty shops primarily sell US cookies, jams, chips, and stuff like that.
>>
>>1266860
I paid $626 for a one way ticket. I'm leaving July 6th, and I bought it May 16th. I'd been eyeing prices for a while and it hasn't got any lower than what I paid for the same flight. This was on Hainan Airlines. Hopefully, it isn't the Spirit Airlines of Asian airlines.

The same probably applies for round trip.
>>
>>1266860
use Kayak and buy soon, did my round trip for <700 USD, just took a bus to a larger airport than the one close to me. Saved me 400 bucks for a 50 dollar round trip bus ticket
>>
File: 131.jpg (39KB, 698x910px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
39KB, 698x910px
>>1266538
I don't to say my budget is unlimited, but it's pretty high due to military pension and the gi bill

>>1266540
That is quite hot, I guess I would definitely have to see some coastal towns and visit the beaches. I guess I'll talk to verizon, they're kinda shit I think though, with no sim cards?

>>1266553
Thats all good to hear, I guess I'm going to do exactly that. I'm thinking like 2 weeks so that seems like I'll have a good amount of time to do all sorts of things plus have relaxing times where I can just do nothing and take it all in.

>>1266557
Thanks man, after reading all this stuff I think I can too. I'm just going to jump right in.

Thank you all for the replies. I'm going to buy a ticket tonight, but another question is does it matter what airport I go to? NRT or HND? Could I get better prices depending on which one? Or is it basically just where i want to be spit out when i first arrive? Also I have my passport, but is there any other steps I need to take before traveling somewhere? Maybe a doctors appointment or something?
>>
>>1266880
Do you plan to get travel insurance?
>>
>>1266880
I bought my ticket. They asked for personal information. I went here. As long as you are not staying longer than 90 days no visa is required (double check for your country). Make sure that you can display

1. Passport
2. Where you are going to live during your stay
(FUCKIACCIDENTLYPRESSEDSOMEFUCKINGBUTTONANDMUSTTYPEINCAPSORITSTURNINGINTONIPP)
3.ATICKEDFORYOURFLIGHTHOME
4.THATYOUHAVETHEMONEYTOSURVIVEFORTHETIMEYOUARETHEREANDNOTSLEEPONTHEGROUNDETC
>>
>>1266880
>I'm going to buy a ticket tonight, but another question is does it matter what airport I go to? NRT or HND?

Fly into NRT, fly out of HND. NRT is well outside tokyo but cheap as shit to go to. IIRC it takes 10 USD and is an hour train ride to tokyo
>>
>>1266812
> When are you thinking of coming?
We were thinking about early november, so I assume it will be on the warm side?

> Will you rely on public transportation
We'd take the bullet up from Tokyo, but afterwards, I'm not really sure. Is the bus system pretty good up north?

> Beaches in Hokkaido are cold
So do you think this is a bad idea? Should we just skip the beaches and find something else to do?

>any favorite places
We heard hairy crab is a thing up north? Also that the cuisine is slightly different? Is there anything in particular that sticks out to you? Again, we're not picky eaters so you could recommend just about anything and we'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!
>>
File: asian tourist.jpg (287KB, 1097x1324px) Image search: [Google]
asian tourist.jpg
287KB, 1097x1324px
>>1266133
>>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed

What exactly is there to do in Tokyo specifically? When people travel there what do they end up doing? Do they just wander around the city?
I live in Australia and it has plenty of imported Japanese snacks, drinks and restaurants, i really can't find a valuable reason to go.
>>
>>1266881
Didn't plan on it, wasn't even aware it was a thing. Would you advise to get it? I'm not 100% sure on it, but i really have no obligations that would make me have to cancel, plus I'm not one to ever get sick. Besides seasonal allergies.

>>1266891
How do I go about displaying all the places I plan on staying? just print out every itinerary? Also how to prove funds? I'm from the US btw.

>>1266894
Thank you for the tip!
>>
>>1266902
it's literally like what you quoted. bunch of weebs go to japan and learned chink language from anime and assume everyone is a baka gaijin except for them as they at "cultured weebs". When they go to tokyo and realize their fat manchildren time selves get their shit kicked in when reality sets in they hate it. If you look like a fucking retard in your own country japan will make fun of you all the same.

related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>1266907
>How do I go about displaying all the places I plan on staying? just print out every itinerary?
You really don't need to do that. Book a hotel/hostel/AirBnB for a night or two when you first arrive and then list that as your address. They don't usually check these things, and even if they do they don't really expect every tourist to come with a fully planned itinerary.

>Also how to prove funds?
Again, all the countries say you need this to come, but I've never once seen it put into practice. Print out a bank statement if you want to feel really safe, but this isn't an issue especially if you aren't from some third world shithole.
>>
>>1266908
You have to be a special kind of retard to be like that video though. I suppose there are real people like that, but I feel like most people who go to Japan just think it has a nice landscape and want to see what the culture, food, etc... are like. Even if they do go because they like anime they usually have some other reason to go and don't really seriously believe it'll be like their favourite cartoon (with some exceptions clearly). Most people go to Japan for the same reason they'd go to any other country except for the few who think that Japan is some glorious utopia.
>>
>>1266898
>early november

On the cold, brisk side, I would say. It starts snowing in Hokkaido in November -- early in the month up in the mountains, late in the month at lower elevations.

>Is the bus system pretty good up north?

Between larger cities, yes (there's also trains). Anywhere else, no -- bus travel in the countryside is pretty useless (buses don't run at all frequently). If you want to get into the countryside -- really the best part of Hokkaido, or see small towns, etc. you really need to rent a car.

>So do you think this is a bad idea?

Beaches in November in Hokkaido? A bad idea, unless you're really into cold/bleak/uncomfortable. Better to visit cities and smaller towns then -- for example, drive around the Hakodate area for a few days. There are some really nice off-the-beaten-track towns that you can go to.

>We heard hairy crab is a thing up north? Also that the cuisine is slightly different? Is there anything in particular that sticks out to you?

Hairy crab (kegani) is really good, as is king crab. Fresh sea urchin here is probably the best in the world. Really, all local seafood is good. Cuisine is however pretty much the same as in the rest of Japan, although there are of course local specialties, and Hokkaido people do eat a lot more lamb than elsewhere in Japan.
>>
>>1266909
Thanks for the info man, it's all seeming simple enough. A question for you or anyone in general though is where is the best place to book hotels such, anywhere I can book a bunch for different dates easily? I've never used airbnb but I'm not opposed if that is simple in Japan. I would like to stay at hostels, however I am insulin dependent type 1 diabetic so I think it would be best for me to stay in places with reliable refrigerator use.
>>
>>1266922
It all depends on your budget. Hostels are the cheapest, then AirBnB, then hotels. Personally I haven't found a single reason to use a hotel recently, AirBnB is cheaper and the rooms are often better. For the price of a decent hotel in Tokyo (like $100 plus USD) you can get a full apartment with a kitchen if you're lucky. I've never had a bad experience with AirBnB, and even with non-English speaking hosts you can communicate pretty well if you keep sentences simple and use Google Translate.

For the fridge thing, I'd ask specifically that for any AirBnB even though most will have them. I think every hostel I've been to has them as well, but you could ask to be on the safe side. Hotels will obviously have them, at least in the lobby.
>>
>>1266902
sounds like you are only interested in food, but not too deeply to actually care too much about the quality. I wouldn't go if I was you
>>
I remember there being some kind of Japanese Website that specialized in Ryokan bookings, anyone know the name?
>>
>>1266786
I see, that put things in perspective
>>
>>1266930
I don't know where you live but in Australia there are plenty of good Japanese owned Japanese restaurants.
What else is there to be interested besides the food?
>>
>>1266397
>I'm interested in finding ones that have a generally open atmosphere
Pretty much any "snack bar" (a type of bar) has this going on.
>>
>>1266488
You could probably Google "packing vinyl records" or something similar to get some good tips.
>>
>>1266934
well if you're asking, you probably aren't interested in other things. No worries, it's probably different for everyone. For me it's the architecture, the cityscapes (from a photography perspective), the language and the culture
>>
>>1266960
Speaking of architectures, do you have any recommendations or do you know of any place where I can find information on exceptional Japanese architectures?.
>>
The love the hell out of these home style Japanese videos by this guy and girl.
https://youtu.be/DvWhTh0m6KA
Something about it feels so comfy.
>>
>>1266201
Japan is cool, but is cool as it is China, Russia, Canada, New Zeland, Australia, US, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Iceland, Great Britain, Greece, Switzerland, Egypt, Brazil, Argentina, and so on. The fact we need a perpetual "Japan General" only shows how sick are these demented simpletons. Comics and cartoons really fuck with their heads badly. Don't worry too much though, it's just a passing fad like any other thing in this world.
>>
>>1266989
That's fucking retarded and perverse. If people who have a thing for Japan love that kind of stuff, that's really a sign of the idiocy capitalism causes
>>
Having been here for around 4 days I'm definitely thankful for what Japanese I knew coming in. I'm also glad that I didn't come here with weeb fantasies. I really am loving tokyo and its metro system. I even find myself getting annoyed with other tourists who talk too loud on the metro. Very easy to fit in here despite being a large white American.

Headed to Kyoto. Will definitely be seeing shrines but what else do you all recommend?
>>
>>1266989
I agree, that video felt comfy as fuck. You did a good job.

I wouldn't be too into that soup though.
>>
>>1267039
Retarded and perverse, confirmed.
>>
>>1266989
Social media was a gigantic mistake.

>>1267009
I recommend dropping the delusion that you're any better or more liked than the other fat white tourists. You don't fit in and the only people smiling at you are ones you are exchanging money with.
>>
>>1267007
>>1267041
>>1267042
?
>>
>>1267009
Wow! It's almost like you were born to be Japanese!
Maybe Japan is truly where you're meant to belong. You should start saving up as soon as your trip is over so you can live over there one day.
>>
Taking around 120,000 yen for 2 weeks in tokyo. That should be enough to live fairly well off right?
>>
>>1267084
This post gave me cancer
>>
Is 20-30$ a day a decent budget for food?
>>
>>1267098
depends, remember that portions are smalling in japan
>>
>>1267098
If you go to the supermarket that's enough for a week, my man
>>
>>1267098
So unless I want to spend stacks of yen, by default i'll lose weight because of being on the Nippon diet?
>>
>>1267087
>to live fairly well
Holy shit dude, VERY well. I'd live with that for one month desu
>>
>>1267087
umm excluding accommodation and transport? It depends on your definition of fairly well but you can get by if you don't go clubbing too much or shopping
>>1267129
120.000 Yen is 950€, that's not a high budget for a two week trip to Japan desu
>>
Seems like a round flight from UK to Tokyo is about ~$600 for late August/early September. I'm quite flexible with the dates so I can go with the flow in terms of cheaper flight dates.

Is this the best I can get or should a wait a little bit to see if prices fluctuate further?
>>
>>1266912
Thanks again for the info! Will plan accordingly but now I'm a little worried about the weather.
>>
>country has whv
>I didn't graduate high school
what kind of job could I get in Japan for 1 year beside teaching?
>>
>>1267148
600 is probably the best you'll get without doing some kind of multiple connecting flights that would be a nightmare to keep on task with.
>>
>>1267106
>>1267108
Thanks, I'll probably cook a few meals but mostly be eating while out and about.
>>
>>1267159
>what kind of job could I get in Japan for 1 year beside teaching?

Hired help doing odd jobs on an extended visa, enjoy living penny pinching and stupid long hours and good luck even getting hired if you don't know japanese
>>
>>1267172
>enjoy living penny pinching
if I'm going it's with 10k or so, just looking for a side job for pocket money, not something to live there.
>>
>>1267181
10k USD? you're going to be stretched thin
>>
>>1267187
probably a little more desu
>>
>>1267087
>>1267131
It's workable, unless he's already got lodging and transport figured out. If so he's golden.
>>
Hey guys is justfly reputable? I've never heard of it before, but I was looking at tickets on Kayak and it suddenly popped up across my kayak page and has prices that are about $100 cheaper than the cheapest on Kayak
>>
>>1267235
Yeah, it's reputable. I bought my round trip tickets from that site and was able to get a booking confirmation directly from the airline (ANA).
>>
The fuck do I if I buy a one way ticket and the guy at the customs asks me for proof of onwards travel or return flight?
This is literally what's stopping me from buying a ticket right now, I don't want to look like a dumbass and get rejected once I get there and waste my money flying back.
>>
>>1267245
There's a website called flyonward dot com, but i've seen mixed reviews online. They basically buy a refundable ticket for you, charge you $10, then refund it for you.
Gonna try it when I head to Japan, so fingers crossed.
>>
>>1267228
Flight is paid for, hostel is like 250 for the 2 weeks, everything else is spending money for in and around tokyo. Only thing I can't seem to find is what bus fares would run average
>>
Do they have hosts speaking english in hosts clubs? A-Asking for a friend.
>>
>>1267235
If it's through kayak you are fine, most of the complaints/reviews with the negative regarding people trying to change bookings when they didn't book with the airline directly. I had concerns when i booked once but then just went to the airlines website/customer service and reconfirmed my booking.

>>1267245
>The fuck do I if I buy a one way ticket and the guy at the customs asks me for proof of onwards travel or return flight?

Round trip tickets are usually fairly cheap compared to buying 2 one ways. It also is usually required to stop illegal immigrants or sketchy people from just coming in and staying.

>>1267253
the more expensive ones will have some, additionally some in roppongi probably have more of the tourist pickup spots. Just watch yourself.
>>
>>1267256
Thanks. Do you know how much the expensive ones are on average?
>>
>>1267259
usually like 20-30 bucks to get in, 30-50 for ~45 minutes + 25ish USD per every XX time over it. Go in expecting to drop a good amount of yen. Just google cabaret or host clubs and you'll get a few websites with their times/costs
>>
>>1267262
I expected much more, but that's not even counting the drinks so kinda expensive I guess. Safe for women that are alone?
>>
>>1267266
Keep in mind the fees I listed are just to get you in and sit down with someone, not including the drinks and food they will egg you on to buy or make you buy. Also be aware of the fact their job is to keep you there for longer times to keep you spending money.

>Safe for women that are alone?
Host clubs are mostly all safe, sure some areas they could be located in are less safe than other areas in tokyo; but still far more safe than most US cities.

If your goal is to just hang out with some qt's (boy or girl), check known tourist bars you see people posting on trip advisor. I've found a few bars and tips for hanging out with some japanese people, it's not impossible as trv makes it out to be.
>>
>>1267267
Thanks, very informative. I guess the bar is a safer and better place to try and get the autism out of myself. While we're at it, do you know any "cuddle" place but with men instead of women?
>>
Hey, so I'm stationed in Misawa AB currently. I have Friday-Tuesday off, so I was planning on taking a trip into Tokyo with my wife. I planned on catching a night bus/train and wakeup in Tokyo, but does such a thing exist? What would be the cheapest/most practical option?
>>
>>1267274
If youre looking for a fellow aspie to hit bars around roppongi with I'm in tokyo now and looking for the same. I swear im only interested in the local women too.
>>
I will need internet when I travel Tokyo this autumn. I wanted to go for a simcard rather than a wifi portable hub.

Anyone have recommendations?
>>
>>1267297
1. go to http://willmyphonework.net/
2. find phone
3. view supported carriers

b mobile and sakuramobile have the best deals, sakura mobile will guarantee you X amount of 4G LTE and then 200kbps for the rest of your stay for 50 yen a day
>>
>>1267299
Awesome. Can I order this in the UK to arrive early? Or should I collect this from the airport or just find one at Akiba?
>>
>>1267301
most will ship overseas, I know b mobile does. Generally in japan there are vendors or kiosks at the airports NRT HND for sure. Personally I would just get it at the airport, not like your sim would work outside of japan anyways.
>>
>>1267299
Are there carries that have unlimited data for ~100USD a month?
>>
>>1267323
carriers*
>>
>>1267323
https://www.sakuramobile.jp/short-term-sim-card-plans/#

Is the only one I know where you can plug in X days and just get unlimited 200kbps data + whatever 4G amount you select

Note it isn't high speed data though but you can refill it at any time for more highspeed, T-mobile offers free 3G or equivalent speeds unlimited as well. Keep in mind you can save some data/avoid slowness by downloading offline google maps and keeping in mind fast food places that generally would have free wifi.
>>
>>1267326
It's way cheaper to get T-Mobile. You have any idea on how good coverage is for T-Mobile in major cities in Japan?
>>
File: t mobile.png (95KB, 1256x619px) Image search: [Google]
t mobile.png
95KB, 1256x619px
>>1267329
google international t mobile and you can get a more detailed map. Looks like most major cities are covered. I'll be using t-mobile for the first time in japan coming up in a month, but since I have a dual sim phone just putting in a b-mobile card for those drop spots
>>
>>1267329
Wait, so how does that work? Can I just get a T-Mobile simcard in the UK, top it up and then I can use it in Japan?
>>
So it turns out my outgoing and return flight will have a 10 hour and 20 hour layover in New Delhi respectively.

Can I just leave the airport, catch a shuttle/bus and then explore Poo Capital of the World during this time? Especially for the return I guess.
>>
>>1267329
I havent used T-mobile in Japan, but have used it in other countries and the speeds are ok for basic tasks. However, if you plan to upload photos or stream music/video, T-mobile is almost unusable and you're better off getting a SIM card or pocket wifi.
>>
>>1267335
international roaming. Go check if Uk t-mobile have separate charges for international roaming in Japan. For U.S. there's international plans for unlimited data, text and talk for ~75/month
>>
>>1267335
Not sure about the UK but on my T mobile contract I just have to enable roaming and get unlimited 3G and texting with calls being 2c a minute. Just be aware of the 3G speeds which is fine for basic tasks like google maps, translate, and facebook. It is probably a good idea to pick up a sim card, especially if you have a dual sim phone, just for 4G speeds if you are traveling outside major cities though.

If you can hold off uploading photos/videos till you get back to your hostel/leach free wifi you can get by, but visitor sim cards are usually pretty cheap
>>
>>1267292
Would have but I'm not going now, good luck.
>>
>>1266297
I brought back 10 kg of "home-grown" rice this old man gave me in the Shizuoka mountains and a rice cooker. Both were awesome but only one remain :(
>>
Flying to Tokyo this Sunday awwww cant wait guys
>>
File: DSC01633.jpg (3MB, 4000x2502px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01633.jpg
3MB, 4000x2502px
>>1266528
It sucks, but do it, it's fun!
I could hold decent basic conversations after two semesters of a 50% speed distance course, and can read/write a bit. It's a bit like learning two languages since you have to just memorize hundreds of signs, while learning the actually spoken language (which also can be quite different). I'd really stress the point of taking a course over apps/books, it will get you started so much faster and give you more value.

Anyway, i don't really like Duolingo. Use Anki for Japanese instead, download the kanjidamage reordered deck for sign practice, and the core 2k optimized(!) vocab deck for sentences and vocab.

The Japanese LOVE you for trying to learn their language, and it also makes them relax into speaking English, which many of them honestly are acceptable at, they just never practice speaking in school so they're too afraid/not used to it. It also helps a lot when traveling as many places don't have websites in English, even though the staff welcome foreigners and try their best in English, if you actually contact them.
>>
>>1267416
The rice?
>>
Guys, how the fuck do I get a Switch in Japan? Anybody have any tips on getting one?
>>
At my University, I have the opportunity to take my spring semester as an exchange student at Aoyama Gakuin/Keio/Tokyo Institute of Technology. Is this worth pursuing?
>>
Is it a no no to swim under the great torii?
>>
>>1267478
You can take a boat under it, but (don't quote me on this) I think swimming in general isn't permitted in the area. You could always take a boat and then pretend to fall out though, if you're dead set on it.
>>
>>1267466
I think you're shit out of luck, even the Japs themselves are having a hard time getting their hands on one. You could probably try your luck at Yodobashi.
>>
Travelling to Japan in the August weather, planning to stay in hostels.

Should I stick to a backpack rather than a suitcase then? I will probably move between hostels if it's more convienient when I travel different districts of Tokyo and beyond.
>>
>>1267576
Depends how you long you are staying in the hostel, most places will let you check in the bag if you have a reservation that day but not let you into the bed/room till the allowed check in time.

I am going for a month and doing a backpack + laptop bag.

Packing
>5 pairs of jeans
>2 pairs of shorts
>8 shirts
>5 pairs of socks + boxers

Using some hand usable vaccum bags to save a bit more space, and making use of laundromats while I am there. Keep in mind some hostels have usable washing machines and driers in them as well. Check amazon as well, you can get some decent sized travel backpacks for cheap
>>
Where's a good place to stay in Osaka if I'm using Osaka as a base to see the Kansai region and make a trip to Hiroshima? Somewhere near the station but not too expensive.

Recommendations would be much appreciated.
>>
>>1267631
>Guest house Osaka
>Airbnb
>Hostel Osaka
>>
>>1267599
>5 pairs of jeans
>8 shirts

Wtf? Are you a walking closet?
You can easily travel (without looking like a hobo) with two pants, one shorts, a dress shirt and two t-shirts
>>
>>1267631
Somewhere within walking distance from Umeda (Osaka station) or Namba station or between them. Namba is better for the Osaka experience as it's right next to Dotobori, Denden town and shinsekai.
You can reach them easy from KIX and it's easy to transfer to train to Kobe, Nara and Kyoto. Especially at Umeda.
>>
>>1267638
>going for a month in august
>don't want to be washing clothes daily

With vaccum bags you save enough space to fit all that into a backpack easily unless your a fatass and wear huge sizes.
>>
Why isn't anybody talking about quality 4star+ hotels?
>>
>>1267653
Because in japan they are stupidly expensive and rarely worth it. For the price of some of them you could get an airbnb/hostel for 2 weeks. Most people in the Japan General aren't going to spend most of their time in the hotel room outside of sleeping.
>>
>>1267654
Yeah but I'd like a pleasant time after I come home from activities you know? But I guess you're right. Why are they so expensive?
>>
>>1267655
In tokyo at least space is very limited so it will go up and often housing business men/stupid tourists who don't mind paying that extra cash for a room.

I mean you can find good 3-4 star hotels in places around japan for under 10,000 yen a night but most people here don't mind just go to crash. Personally I am fine with a common area talking with locals, relaxing at a bar with some people, or just crashing after a long day. Not quite sure why I would want "home activities" during my vacation, because I am not exactly sure what you mean.
>>
>>1267656
I meant having a pool where you can just relax, a hotel bar, breakfast buffet etc.
>>
>>1267657
>having a pool where you can just relax
Japan has beaches pretty easy to access, but that's more of a personal thing I guess. There are some pools/water parks, and such around in tokyo you can visit.

>a hotel bar
A fair amount of hostels have bars attached to them, or have a bar very close. Personally I never care to do hotel bars as it is always filled with over priced drinks, also hostel common areas usually have drinks.

>breakfast buffet etc
For the price it is more economical to just go eat somewhere.

I know it comes down to personal preference, I travel for most of my job in the US and stay in nice hotels, but when I am traveling by myself I generally like to spend as little time in the hotel and explore. I also will generally stay in a cheaper place to crash to spend my money out and about rather than where I will be asleep during.
>>
>>1267656
The lowest I went was a couple night stays at manga cafes, it's so much cheaper than a hostel but uncomfortable as fuck expectantly.

It was useful when I was travelling around various districts of Tokyo but I didn't reserve or find any free hotels or hostels.
>>
Suica or Passmo? Will either one work in stations outside of Tokyo, since I'm going to Toyama, Osaka, and Hiroshima, too?

What is a decent pocket wi-fi that I can get in the NRT airport? I'll need it for 17 days, and I'll be going over the Alpine route, so there's a chance I'll be in some less serviceable areas. Any favorites?

I was looking at routes from NRT to Tokyo today and when I used Google maps and Hyperdia, it showed Keisei Skyliner as the best way into Tokyo. Is that the same as the N'EX? I'll have a JR pass, but it won't be active until a few days into the trip, so I'll have to pay for the ticket. If they're not the same, which should I use?
>>
>>1267681
Suica if you like penguins. Passmo if you have no taste.

They're not that different to be honest, just choose based on appearance.
>>
>>1267681
Global communications for a WiFi hotspot thing

Just get the normal keisei line its 970¥ to shibuya
>>
What's that store with the torii and the glowing floors? Is it in Akiba?
>>
File: 1475444421218.gif (47KB, 450x510px) Image search: [Google]
1475444421218.gif
47KB, 450x510px
>Are any of you who have been to japan Black?
>Whats it like being in Japan as a black person?
>Do any of you non-blacks know any blacks who have been to japan? What's their experience been like?

Planning on going next summer with my family but idk if its such a good idea.
>>
>>1267773
Can you speak Japanese?

I have a black friend who is basically fluent in Japanese. He told me how most Japanese people seemed a bit anxious and wary about it, but as soon as he spoke fluent Japanese, they found it really funny and were happy to talk to him.
>>
I'm 19 and from the UK, so I'm used to being able to drink since I was 18. Found out that the legal age in Japan is 20. Is it easy enough to pull it off or will I get ID'ed if I go to a bar (probably yokocho or jazz bars).
>>
>>1267775
I always pull out my passports at bars and such, but have heard that most places in japan don't even bother checking foreigner ID's
>>
>>1267777
I'm a chink though so I don't know whether I would pull it off as I don't look like a typical white tourist.
>>
>>1267778
IIRC the way it was explained to me is that it's a law to be 20 but no one really cares IIRC some stores just ask you Yes or No to over 21
>>
>>1267778
another anon here
just say "yes, i'm over 21" and if they ask for id you can either show them and try to get away with it or just tell them you forgot it at your hotel. the worst that could happen is they would want you to leave.
>>
>>1267782
Isn't it illegal to not have your passport with you in Japan? I wouldn't recommend saying you forgot it at the hotel in that case.
>>
Has anyone been to or would like to go to department H? It sounds pretty crazy, but ive never been to a fetish party before, so im not sure how it'll be.
>>
>>1267783
well, it also is illegal to drink below the legal age
>>
File: 8-Sapporo_Station_Sightseeing-1.jpg (228KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
8-Sapporo_Station_Sightseeing-1.jpg
228KB, 800x521px
What is the cheapest way from Tokyo to Sapporo other than walking/cycling/driving myself?

I will be in Japan for about a month so I do not mind taking a non-Shinkansen, or ferry, or shuttle bus.
>>
>>1267783
>Isn't it illegal to not have your passport with you in Japan? I wouldn't recommend saying you forgot it at the hotel in that case.

Literally no one would report you and it wouldn't be like you could have it in your back pocket. You'd just be put off as a stupid foreigner like you will probably already seen as.

Also it's not like you could go "Oh it's not 18 like in my country? Whoops!", cops won't do shit about it and just tell you to not do it again.
>>
>>1267783
I wouldn't worry about it unless you were Chinese. The Japanese authorities are more on the lookout for illegal Chinese rather than illegal white people and so Chinese tourists are targeted more.
>>
>>1267790
>>1267793

Not something I would risk though, as police are well within their rights to detain you if you have no passport on you. Not worth it imo.
>>
Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about:

When I was in Japan, I tried to buy cigarettes out of a vending machine, but found I couldn't. A girl came up and scanned some sort of card and I was able to get cigs - it dawned on me that you probably need some sort of proof-of-age card. Where do you get these from in order to access smokes/alcohol from vending machines?
>>
>>1267795
yes because the cashier will call the police to report someone who said they forgot their ID/passport... Easily could go "oops, it was in my back pocket all along!" if someone actually cared. Even if you did for get it, it is far more than likely the police will take you to your hotel and ask you to present identification first.
>>
>>1267805
Why would the cashier know you don't have your ID/Passport in the first place? Unless you're buying something expensive and wanting to get it tax free.

And even then why would the cashier call the cops?
>>
>>1267827
Obviously it won't happen, pretty obvious the first part of the post was a sarcastic response to some anon wanting to buy booze underage
>>
>>1267775
Please do not listen to the spergs on this board. The only time you will be asked for ID in japan in regards to drinking is at some nightclubs. Not all of them check ID, some do, some don't, just have a look around. I never took my ID out and was still let into places that check ID anyway.
>>
>>1267775
I was 21 when I first visited Japan with some of my mates, some of which were 19. We weren't carded once over the 2 weeks we were there and we even went to some nightclubs (non-Nigerian) in Kabukicho and Shinjuku.
>>
Recommendations for record stores in Tokyo? I'm interested in Japanese 80's music like Yurie Kokubu and Tomoko Aran. Also [spoiler]Nujabes[/spoiler] records. Are they as expensive and/or rare as they are elsewhere?

I'm also interested in games and artbooks etc. So far I've listed Trader, Friends, Mandarake and Super Potato as places to check out. Any others?

I haven't planned an itinerary yet, going in October.
>>
>>1267852
walk around shimokita
>>
Leaving Kyoto for Osaka tomorrow. What's worth doing? Anyone want to meet up someplace?
>>
>>1266201
because weeaboos
>>
What are some nice places to visit during christmas/new year? Going to japan this winter.
>>
How bad is the temperature and humidity from the start of September?

I know August is miserable but I made due with my available time slot and just went for 1st September to 13th. I'm from the UK so not really used to intense hot weather.
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>1266297
Cute thing like this.
https://youtu.be/o0ubgQsk9pI
>>
File: Love being white.jpg (51KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Love being white.jpg
51KB, 500x335px
>>1267783
>Isn't it illegal to not have your passport with you in Japan?
Wait what!? This I have never heard of or had trouble ignoring, not even when I had an incident involving police.
Never read this in any travel guide or foreign ministry recommendation.
>>
>>1267897
Dotombori, denden town and shinsekai, basicly just go south from Osaka station (Umeda)
>>
>>1267773
I went 2 years ago for 5 weeks and did a few homestays in an out of major urban areas. You get the same experience as every other American(?) tourist. People are incredibly kind and nobody's gonna give a fuck about your race. The biggest racial faux pas you'll actually notice is someone assuming you like sports or some little kid wanting to touch your hair or something.
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (45KB, 615x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
45KB, 615x740px
how are you people able to take so much time off, like weeks and months? Do you guys just say fuck it and go or do you get paid vacation or something? And if it's paid vacation, what kind of careers do you guys have?
>>
>>1268015
Well personally I worked graveyard 60 hour weeks at a craptacular, but well paying factory job, for a few months, then I just up and quit 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure how to do the same if you actually have a career you care about.

Gonna get me some of that sweet Asian strange for a few months.
>>
>>1268006
It's like jay walking, sure it is a voilation but who honestly gives a fuck.

>>1268015
Save up and plan ahead. I work in IT, and most full time jobs that aren't retail give 2 weeks vaca + 1 week sick that you can often add on. Additionally you could just bust your ass, book a trip quit and say you'll be back or find a new job when you get back.

I told my boss I wanted to spend my 4 weeks vacation(paid as well), about 8 months in advance. Worked it out to train a coworker on some basic tasks I do, and keep my cellphone on me and they were fine with it. Honestly most companies are fine with long times off if you give ample time to employers.
>>
>>1266865
>good American groceries
>DiGiorno's pizza

are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>1267932
It'll still be pretty darn hot and humid. It generally doesn't start really cooling off until late October/early November.
>>
>>1266902
Museums, parks, festivals, shrines. I dunno dude. You could apply that question to literally any big city in the world. If you're not interested in Japanese culture, then no, there's nothing that distinguishes it from some other metropolis.
>>
>>1266133
Asking /trv/ about hostess clubs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs
So is it a place where men just sit and talk to women, no sexual stuff/sexual overtones? I'm honestly fascinated.
>Hostess clubs have a strict "no touching" policy and patrons will be removed for trying to initiate private or sexual conversation topics.
>>
>>1268069
Depends on the club and money you got. Basically the same as the US stripclubs, they can touch you but you can't touch them. Everyone knows it will happen but the rule there but there so they can throw out whoever/whenever.
>>
>>1268072
Okay so the level of raunch depends on the place. Are they provacatively dressed?
>>
>>1268015
I'm a teacher so I get summers off.
>>
>>1267897
Amerikamura is pretty cool too
>>
>>1268078
depends, there are so gogo bars in downtown tokyo that get close but I don't believe there are any nude bars in tokyo. Well, atleast ones you can get into as a tourist
>>
>>1268091
>Well, atleast ones you can get into as a tourist
Not that anon, but how does that work?
>>
File: 18f46d56.jpg (41KB, 457x256px) Image search: [Google]
18f46d56.jpg
41KB, 457x256px
Where's a good place to get black market cybernetics?
>>
So my friends and I kind of want to do Acid while were in Japan, but there is zero chance of any of us, or at least me, trying to smuggle drugs on an international flight. Fuck that shit. So my question basically boils down to this

1:Would it be possible for us to rent a PO Box or something, and then order off the darknet and have it shipped to the PO Box?

If not, how easy would it be to find LSD in Japan? I would imagine it's not easy.
>>
File: 1498490904630.jpg (29KB, 599x442px) Image search: [Google]
1498490904630.jpg
29KB, 599x442px
Anyone familiar with domestic flights in Japan?Specifically Osaka to Tokyo.Any issued that anyone faced ?Was it worth it compared to trains
>>
>>1268147
Smuggling acid is one of the easiest as it's just literal pieces of paper though. The risk is still there of course but yeah.

Regardless, I'd recommend mailing something to your hotel with the acid, not sure you can get a PO Box in Japan as a tourist.
>>
>>1268149
Yeah I mean, I feel like I could do it, but I'm just way too paranoid for that. It would be awesome but it's not worth the risk, no matter how small, at least in my opinion.
>>
File: pokemon-with-you-2.jpg (119KB, 620x376px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-with-you-2.jpg
119KB, 620x376px
Is Japanese train system easy?

https://youtu.be/VfZYWHKuR4E
>>
>>1266924
After a few trips on an extreme budget, I'd have to say that airbnb (on the lowest, shared-room end, of course) is cheaper than conventional hostels.
>>
>>1267773
You won't be stopped by cops or followed for miles by pickups with confederate flag bumper stickers, so it's already several steps above the USA in terms of welcoming atmosphere.
>>
>>1267797
It's almost certainly something that you can't just pick up on a whim. You likely have to register for one somewhere, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took a while and required filing paperwork.

>>1268015
Be unemployed and live on a shoestring budget.
>>
>>1268153

Yes. It has good english signage, is very reliable, and if you plan things ahead of time it should always be clear where you're going and how to get there.
>>
>>1268155
>You won't be stopped by cops
This actually might happen tho. It never happened to me but from what I hear it's not exactly uncommon for them to just randomly ask you for your ID and what you're doing in the neighborhood if they don't know you. Once again though, it's not much of a "you're BLACK" thing since they do it to basically everyone, including Japanese people.

>>1268147
1. You can't open a PO box if you aren't a legal resident. You'de pretty much have to order it to your hotel, then pray that when you go to pick it up they actually let you take a package that doesn't have your name on it and that the cops aren't waiting to see who the sucker is that's trying to finesse mail order lsd into the country. Even then, if they simply decide it being sent to your address is enough to raise suspicions (which is entirely possible) you will get arrested anyway. Then you get to spend a lovely 23 days in jail while they do whatever they can to make you sign a confession, then you go on trial.

Long story short, there's a reason why the rule of thumb with bringing drugs into Japan is "it's not worth it"

2. You won't be able to.
>>
I get stopped by cops before. They ask where you live. I don't speak any Japanese so they call a translator in to translate. Then they search your pockets. Then go look through your wallet Like not even asking, just start padding you down. It was extremely rude but whatever.
>>
Anyone in Osaka tonight? Feeling some kind of a social outing.

What have you all done here?
>>
>>1268069
There are different levels, maid cafes are the most vanilla, with only flirting and no contact, then there are snacks and girls bars which involve drinking and heavier flirting. I hear the bars in kabukicho let you feel the girls up

>>1268132
The tout out front will either turn you away for not being white or not speaking japanese. I've been told stories of white guys with good enough japanese being let in on a slow night.
>>
>>1266668

>>1266666
>>
>>1267653
Wrong forum
>>
So I'm staying at an airbnb and I hear a rattling at the door like someone's trying to get in, then loud knocking so I answered it (only one home, nobody told me not to) and there's this old dude and this woman talking about air conditioning. When he realises my Japanese is shit he just walks straight into the owners room . I think they're fixing it, but I didn't fall for some kind of scam did i?
>>
Should I book disneysea tickets in advance?
>>
>>1268219
You should contact the owner. Speaking of which, for airbnb, do they charge you once you've made the booking or only after you've entered the property?
>>
>>1268223

She ain't replying, and they already fixed it from what I can gather. I don't know what the fuck.

I think they charge you right away.
>>
>>1268225
Sounds like you lucked out, but for future reference don't answer the door, a lot of scams/criminals get you that way in Moonland
>>
Has anybody here ever been to a psytrance party in japan? I know junxpunx is japanese and someone told me about a 'doof' over there once. Can anybody point me in the direction of this scene?

Also, where would be a nice place to take acid in japan? Besides a party, of course.
>>
>>1266133
This woman's Japanese is clear and easy to follow. Plus the Japanese and English subs are nice.
https://youtu.be/eeJ3WCV8zJU
>>
>>1266514
flan is a sponge cake, but okay.
>>
>>1267786
Bump
>>
>>1268230

I hope the spirits of glorious Nippon visit you and give you a hellish nightmare trip you filthy degenerate.
>>
>>1268235
you already posted this, stop shilling your shitty channel
>>
>>1266488

If you have space in your luggage, you could bring 12" mailers like that. You can usually fit 2-3 LPs in a 12x12x3 or whatever. Shipping can be expensive, I know eBay sellers charge $10-20
>>
I'm so glad bidet toilets are common in Japanese cities. While walking around today exploring Kyoto a huge hemorrhoid i've had for days finally exploded and it was fucking awful; fucking hell im so glad it didnt leak through my shorts.

Bidets are really handy at dealing with all the blood. And to think girls have to deal with this shit every month for like 30 years. Fuck
>>
>>1268211
what
>>
>>1266533
>>1266533
Are you me dude ? Just planned my august trip to Tokyo and I couldn't be more excited about it. I just moved to a different city, my friends acted like jerks to me before I left my hometown, I'm kind of depressed because of all this shit so I think that Ineed to refresh my mind by going far from everything and everyone and to do something memorable in my life for once. I decided to finally visit japan and make my dream come true. I want to do this alone but I WANT to meet people there, japanese people and foreign people, I chose a nice hostel.

I planned a lot of things, I already know what meals I'll order etc kek. I just can't wait man. Hope you will find the happiness you seek anon.
>>
>>1268277
As someone who also suffers from chronic hemorrhoids I also found bidets to be a life saver. Regular ass-rinsing nearly cured mine. Showers are great and all but you can't get a concentrated spray like you can with a bidet.

I would deff pour money into a bidet if I owned a home.
>>
>>1268372
Go on Amazon and buy a $15 one, it connects under your toilet seat and it's super easy to hook up to your toilet's water line. I rent too but this is honestly the best $15 I've ever spent.
>>
So... I just bought my tickets for a trip in September for $600 on a whim. I've been thinking about this for awhile but I'm also slightly drunk so I just fucking went for it.

I really fucking want to go to Japan. This wasn't a mistake.
>>
booked my tickets for next spring, betting on first two weeks of april for kaika but I'll probably adjust once the forecast comes out next year.

flying NH biz, last two trips over to japan were in first class so hope it is not too traumatic
>>
>>1268417

Pampered faggot.
>>
>>1268417
>Multiple trips to Japan
>Hopes business class isn't traumatic

I am so fucking glad the japan general is a containment thread for this board.
>>
Tickets are cheap to Nagoya right now. If I don't speak or read Japanse is it worth it to go? or should I spend the extra money and just go to Tokyo or a better spot? the heat doesn't bother me because I live in the desert where it's regularly 115 so I could care less about the weather.
>>
Done with Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. We have JR pass. Where should we go? Any cities we should see?
>>
Going to Tokyo in late September/early November to study. Any of you want to go for some weeb shit?
>>
>>1268456

I might be around, ask again when you're here and if I'm in Tokyo I'd be happy to weeb it up with someone.
>>
>>1268417
I personally intend to never fly more than 8 hours in one flight unless I'm in business class if I can help it. But I hope to God I never reach the point where I think free high quality booze, private lie-flat seats, and a good 7 course meal could possibly traumatic.
>>
>>1268469
I'll be back in Tokyo this week. What kind of weeb shenanigans do you have in mind?
>>
>>1268478

Shit I dunno, I'm pretty new to this place myself (only been here once before and I arrived 2 days ago), akibas pretty classic, but I really enjoyed nakano broadway as well.

I'm just an Aussie on a working holiday visa with no plans to work, so I'm down for anything
>>
File: Ramlethal53.png (430KB, 1129x1255px) Image search: [Google]
Ramlethal53.png
430KB, 1129x1255px
>>1268469
>>1268478
That makes 3 of us. Akiba is pretty fun, I also recommend going to Osaka and walking around Dotonbori. Is there any way of contacting you besides posting Ramlethal on this half-dead board?
>>
>>1268500

Add hustlebwnz on Line (I'm the Australian that'll be here for at least the next 6 months)
>>
Hey guys, does anyone know the maximum limit you can cash out from McDonalds in Japan?
>>
File: 1498598599031.png (89KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1498598599031.png
89KB, 363x475px
Hey guys, interesting thing happening to me, I'm currently looking for a place to stay for my upcoming trip and I just found out about that homestays website. I found a nice place and sent my message to the host, I ticked the box to let other hosts contact me too or whatever, based off my info. The next morning a girl messaged me over facebook asking me about my trip and if I would be interested in staying with her family. She told me a great price for my stay, but I'm very cautious to how real this is, scamwise I mean. I definitely will not pay her in advance, I'm just worried if I arranged to stay with her that I might get to Tokyo and not have a place to stay. Anything like this ever happened to anymore?
>>
Can I get around with no Japanese? How hard is it to just see the sights take pictures, maybe stay at an Onsen in the north not knowing Japanese?
>>
>>1268544
You don't need any Japanese at all in the cities. But it's good to know thank you, excuse me, hello and yes and no. Which you could learn in 15 minutes in a google search :)
>>
>>1268453
Lots, if you're in tokyo north, if you're in kansai go west
>>
>>1268148
bump
>>
>>1268560
Shinkansen is better for price, even budget airlines. Often airports are an expensive transfer away from the city such as Narita, making it more affordable to take the train even if the flight itself is cheaper.
>>
So i'm travelling to Tokyo in the summer and I expect very very hot and very very humid. I plan to do a lot of exploring the city and I was wondering where I could get water whilst touring around the city?

I'll bring a bottle of course, probably tap from my hotel, but can I refill it anywhere?
>>
>>1268148
Look at Hyperdia. Look at the cost go going from Osaka to Tokyo. Then compare that with the available flights using the google flights or the See Japan fare (nearly all airlines flying domestic in Japan offer a flat $100 fare to foreigners for each flight). Pick the cheapest and most convenient option.
>>
Anyone here been to Hakodate? gonna be in Japan in summer and was thinking of going there to escape the heat for a few days
>>
>>1268570
I don't remember if there is any free water, but there are certainly vending machines selling cold drinks, such as bottles of green tea.
>>
File: TANUKI.jpg (228KB, 838x1117px) Image search: [Google]
TANUKI.jpg
228KB, 838x1117px
>>1266297

I always try to cram some Tanuki statues in my luggage, hoping I can have my backyard looking like this pic (not really, I just think they are neat little items).
>>
>>1268570
Dude, there are vending machines every 10 feet in Tokyo. Japan is one country where you will never go thirsty.
>>
>>1268570
Gyms and supermarkets have little stations where you can refill water bottles for 100 yen.

Or you can just refill it in a bathroom sink for free. Or you can just spend 100 yen buying a new drink from a supermarket.

>>1268221
Yes.
>>1268182
I got stopped by police once. She just said "dame" and then scooted away. Are you black or Chinese, by chance?
>>1268147
Stay out of Japan, you idiot.
>>
File: ramlethal46.png (402KB, 1024x734px) Image search: [Google]
ramlethal46.png
402KB, 1024x734px
>>1268147
You'll get deported in a heartbeat, don't do that. Japanese drug laws are strict as fuck
>>
>>1268630
>unlimited 128kbps
My brain's getting all dizzy trying to comprehend these supersonic speeds.
>>
>>1268543
She's using the whole situation as a a ploy to get your gaijin seed and shame you into a marriage so she can escape Nippon land. Watch out!

Or at least pull out
>>
>>1268630
>128 kbps

In that case, I rather have free international roaming on Tmobile.
>>
>>1268650
When I went, I payed about $100 USD for a pocket wifi. 21 days rental, 3GB of 4G LTE data refreshing every 3 days.

Beats the shit out of AT&T's foreign country plan, which was $120~ for fucking 800mb of data for 30 days.
>>
File: 20170701_125648.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_125648.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm about to fly out to Japan on ANA business class. Wish me luck bros!
>>
>>1268732
If you like whiskey, they've served Hibiki 17 year aged on the last 3 flights I've been on.
>>
>>1268543
Huh, cool. I'd check it out, worst case you can just get an Airbnb or something right? Or are we talking like semi-permanent for a four month trip or something?
>>
What are some good Japanese breakfasts? I don't really know anything about Japanese breakfast, outside of the rice and soup I was having with a family I stayed with last year.
>>
My flight is in a couple days and I feel no excitement at all. I was so excited and static about this whole trip about a month ago when I was planning it. But now I feel nothing.

I don't even feel motivated to go. It might have something to do with the fact that I spent the time planning going through so much; watching Tokyo vlogs to find places, seeing pictures and videos of places I was going to go, reading articles and wiki guides, etc.

Will it go away, lads? I just want to enjoy my trip
>>
>>1268630
For these data sims, can I just collect from from Nanita airport? Do I have to order them or something as well?
>>
>>1268817

Stop overthinking it?

Just go, do the things you want to do, and see how you feel after its over. Live in the moment, obsessing will only make you unhappy.
>>
>>1268796
You should try natto at least once. Some people actually like it.
>>
>>1268845

Ahh I've actually had natto, I like the flavour, and the smell doesn't put me off, but the slimey texture really doesn't do it for me. Shame.

I think I'll just keep getting a hardboiled egg, a yogurt and a can of coffee from 7/11, cheap and healthy enough.
>>
Just moved to Japan. Should I wait until Prime Day and get a TV from Amazon? I'm cheap and want a good deal on a TV
>>
>>1268796
The only big Japanese breakfasts I've had were at ryokans and hotels. Rolled omelette, smoked salmon, rice, and a bunch of other things I can't remember. Salmon is always great though.
>>
How bad is early September humidity and temperature really? I'm from a pretty cold country.

Will I die? It's the only time I can book a vacation off work.
>>
>>1268856

Completely fucked. I'm from Australia, so I'm used to a dry heat, but the humidity was unbearable at times. I remember one day in Himeji it was only like 30 degrees, but it felt well over 40.

I can't wait for summer to end desu.
>>
>>1268870
Shit, got any advice to deal with it? I was planning to do a lot of walking and exploring around Tokyo.

My first task upon arriving to Tokyo is to probably find a Uniqlo and get some airism shirts, I heard they're good.
>>
https://youtu.be/ALWgIcIQ7Rc
>>1268856
September is a nightmare. I was in Osaka last year during September and spent most of my time trying to unstick my t-shirt from my back.
>>
>>1268872

Get some shoes and socks that breathe well if you're going to be doing a lot of walking, that was my mistake last time and I paid for it in nasty blisters from my wet feet.

Apart from that, all you can really do is stay hydrated, and try not to be in the sun too long.
>>
>>1268239

Fuck man, so do I. Sounds like a ride!
>>
This may sound stupid, but I've been reading about how Japanese view foreigners. According to several books about etiquette and culture, the Japanese don't mind foreigners who visit and respect their country, but really hate when foreigners try to "become like them." Can someone explain what exactly this means?
I am going to probably end up living there for a while so I would like to know.
>>
>>1268896

Learn the language, learn the customs and respect them, but be yourself. No matter that you want them to think of you, you will always be a novelty. They want you to act like a foreigner.
>>
>>1268796
When travelling I sometimes stayed with some Japanese people and they usually ate just rice and soup. Some had toast + omelette and mayo, and this one family just ate some kind of cookie-bread that the mother made
>>
>>1268817
I was the same don't fret, you'll love it when you arrive
>>
>>1268852
When backpacking, my breakfast was usually two rice balls. Loved it, especially when the stores carried the "improved" ones with more proper filling
>>
New bread >>1268902
>>
Living with in HK atm, want to start doing some trips at the weekend.

I was in Japan last year for a week, did Tokyo, osaka and Kyoto (so stupid, should have just done Tokyo properly).

One thing I'd like to do this time is fly over, stay in an onsen or somewhere for a weekend, get some nice food, and fly back.

Any recommendations for where to do that?
>>
>>1268913
Check out the area around lake hakone
>>
>>1268796
Breakfast isn't really a big thing in Japan and most people just eat rice, fish, or some type of bread.

When I was there earlier it was hard to even find food places open before 9 other than convenience stores.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.