[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life changing trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1480465070896m.jpg (124KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480465070896m.jpg
124KB, 1024x640px
I finally have a sizable amount (11000 usd) saved and can travel starting in January.

There are a lot of places I want to go but at the moment I'm in need of a fresh perspective, new start, whatever. I know I'm not the only one browsing /trv/ with that vague concept in mind so lets throw some ideas and experiences around.
>>
>>1189156

leaving your basement is a fresh start
>>
>>1189156

Try that fancy restaurant around the corner.
> I dare you
>>
>>1189156
What regions of the world interest you?
>>
>>1189156
Honestly, move out. If you can afford that and stay self-sustaining, then do so, leave your town, city or even country and start over. New page.
>>
If you want a trip to be life-changing, you should go somewhere that defies your own interests and is entirely outside your sphere of understanding.
For example have absolutely no interest in visiting Taiwan, Karakalpakstan, or the Maldives, so that's probably where I should start if I wanted to make the most out of a trip.
>>
>>1189455
garbage modernist thought
>>
File: 2016-04-05 06.10.10 1-1.jpg (359KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-05 06.10.10 1-1.jpg
359KB, 800x600px
>>1189455
driving through the mountains and around sun moon lake in taiwan was awesome but the cities were just ok, good food though.

>>1189156
Honestly OP I would go somewhere cheap with interesting geographical features, good food is a plus as well. most of my best memories were of the outdoor stuff I've done and I'm not even the type that enjoys hiking and shit.

I've been to only peru and Taiwan, both fit this description. most of southeast asia and parts of south america I'd suggest as well.

you will save money going to these places. hell I'm going to spain and japan on the cheap at the beginning of 2017. I only have a few grand in my bank so you should be fine, see as many places as you can with your budget.
>>
Casually monitoring this thread for I will be in a similar situation in 6 months.

I've been in Korea two years and by May I'll have saved up a bit more than $20,000.

I'm 24, American, no debt.

The responsible part of me wants to use the money for grad school, get a masters in teaching and then teach at cushy international schools.

The other part of me wants to use some of the money and fuck as many beautiful women in as many countries as possible. Using standard ESL jobs as a means of survival.

If Anyone has experience in either of my choice your input and potential expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Slight blog detour but me and my long term gf who i lost my virginity to broke up. So the idea of a relationship and responsibility sickens me at the moment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.