[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to travel solo with my 3 year old and show her the world.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: Aviary Stock Photo 1.png (1MB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Aviary Stock Photo 1.png
1MB, 720x960px
I want to travel solo with my 3 year old and show her the world. I'm into hiking, outdoors and sea. pretty much anything outdoors with beautiful views. but with a child might be out the question.

how do i travel with a toddler and not be those Disney world parents were they shut in their hotels and only go out to tourist spot

i wanna show her nature but never did this before. I'm open to any part of the world. i like adventure.
>>
File: playground.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
playground.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
just sack up and do it.

my wife and i have been taking our 1 year old son to yosemite and all over the sierra since he was 3 months old, and we're going to japan with him next year just before he turns 2.
>>
>>1078111
you guys are like role models.

ima total noob to all this, landed a good job enough to travel. how do into hiking?
>>
File: xc.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
xc.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>1078113
3's gonna be hard because she's too big to ride in a backpack and is going to want to walk out on her own, but will probably need to be carried back to the car.

where do you live? any place scenic you can start to take her to just cruise around trails?
>>
>>1078116
I'm in NYC but have plans for Miami in may, and California in august.
want to show her the outdoors and both are abundant.
>>
>>1078116
i picked warm places as its easier to manage than cold with a 3 yr old
>>
File: balcony.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
balcony.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>1078122
yeah, the snow wasn't a super big hit. sounds like you have a good start planned. can you push ca to late september? august cooks here.
>>
>>1078126
any good trails or places with amazing views you recommend in LA great pics btw

how do i find good trails. or find a random one and hope its good? don't really like being an obnoxious tourist asking where everything is at. prefer to do my own homework

September is doable
>>
File: ilhs9.jpg (429KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ilhs9.jpg
429KB, 1600x1200px
I'm not suggesting you actually do this, but I once met a couple who had gone from Nunavut to Tierra del Fuego on a three-seater tandem bicycle with their kid. I think he was three years old when they started and five when they finished.
Wild adventure is possible and your kid is gonna thank you for it.
>>
As someone who kids are older, turning 12 and 15 this year, kids won't remember shit about all of this stuff when they are older. Just know you are dping it more for you, than them. Though I reckon it helps with development but not as profound and in ways you think. In addition, at one point, from pre teem to teens, where they will reach a pint where they have no interest, or a very low tolerance, of natural and cultural tourism. Like no more than 3 or 4 days tops.
>>
I can't remember really trips I took when I was 12-14 so your 1-5 year old is going to remember shit all. I'd recommend traveling a little bit later when the kids can appreciate culture. Even at 17-18 I sort of didn't give a shit. I'd probably recommend only forking out for decent 'cultural' trips at around 20 and other holidays just to the beach/camping/skiing.
>>
File: future ropegun.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
future ropegun.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>1078128
sorry, i'm pretty useless at southern california. i'm from the bay area. but if you have any questions about yosemite i can help.

there are websites where people rate, comment on and upload pics of trails. alltrails.com is one, i think. google can probably help you better than me.

and you'll be much happier in september. it's still warm, but not death hot, and the tourist influx dies down once school starts back up.

>>1078139
yup, i'm fully anticipating shithead mode in a decade or so. that's why i'm doing as much as i can with him before he decides to hate me for a while.

>>1078150
i love travel, and i'm not giving it up just because i have a kid. i'm just going to modify it somewhat.
>>
>>1078139
I remember good chunks of trips I took when I was 8, 11, and 15 years old. Each one had a profound impact on my outlook, and planted the seed for my love of traveling I have now.
>>
>>1078292
It must have really shapes you into a REAL TRAVELERâ„¢

That being said, traveling with a toddler is retarded.
>>
>>1078177
Your initial pay madeit seem like traveling with the toddler to expose him to stuff was the goal, not that the kid would be just another unwieldy piece of luggage. The latter is just fine, you shouldn'tlet kids stop your life, just include them....if you can't leave them with the grandparents. If you was legit trying to do the former that'd is what would be pointless.
>>
>>1078292
>>1078292
I never said kids wouldn't remember stuff at those ages, those are just the ages they become insufferable. At the OP's kid 's age, 3, they won't remember anything.

Back to the insufferability if the ages you mentioned. Kids at the ages will not have a good time, and their ungratefulness (even if they will look back on it fondlyin later years) will make you not have a good time. They are more interested in Busch Gardens than the Hanging Gardens of Mumbai. They will complain about walking too much, about the weather, about being hungry. They will try to rush through cultural sites, and museums, with very little interest. And even doing things they like, like amusement parks, it's only 3 days, maybe 5 tops, befoe they are over it all.
>>
>>1078327
You're generalising way too much. My parents took me on their trips since I was 6 or so and I loved every single monument we've been too. I was really heavy into history, never complained about difficulties (and there were plenty since we travelled on a post-commie world budget - walking everywhere, canned food, tents and sleeping in the car, that sort of thing) and loved museums. The British Museum was my highlight of the month-long trip to the UK we went on when I was 12 and when we were touring Greece five years earlier, I was the guide on all things mythology.
Point being - it really depends on the kids. Most will be insufferable whiny brats, yes, but that doesn't mean you can't train them to like travel and history if you start early. 3 year olds won't remember shit, but 6 is a good starting point if you want to plant the seeds.
>>
>>1078364
Yes, I am generalizing, and you are talking about yourself specifically, which is cool to have another perspective. Hell, I was that kid like you. But like this OP said, and has even been brought up by many people in past threads, about how they appreciated the trips they took with their family when young and that they were less of a little shit. Just like anon says here: >>1078150
I'm generalizing, because this is generally how kids are.
>>
>>1078327
Took my 4 and 2 year old to costa rica last summer. The 4 year old had a lot of fun. The 2 year old didn't really seem to notice.

We rented two houses for a week each and did daytrips out of there. However I've talked to people backpacking with little kids. They said it was fine, you just have to go slower.
>>
File: 1451074629280.jpg (155KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
1451074629280.jpg
155KB, 800x521px
I have memories of the trips I did since I'm 4 years old so it's not totally lost like some said.

I'm not sure it contributed to who I am now more than staying home though.

If you know people across the world it's a good idea to meet them, I remember especially my parents being happy to see someone they didn't for years, then doing random stuff everyday and fighting the jet lag.
>>
>>1078549
Also if you can rent a horse or a donkey it's really useful. We did 2-4 days trip with the latter when I was around 6.

It can hold the kids and luggage and you can be sure they will love have an animal with them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.