[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey friends, let me introduce myself a little bit first. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (212KB, 1280x486px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
212KB, 1280x486px
Hey friends, let me introduce myself a little bit first. I'm a 22 year old Belgian student. I've been to some decent amount of different countries. (A hike with friends in scandinavia was by far the best)

I am now at a point in life where I realise how important it is to start saving money as soon as you can.

A friend of mine is currently staying in vancouver, Canada. I have the chance to go to him. So I only have to pay for the flight and ofcourse the money I spent there. Flight is around 700 and I'll think I will spend another 300 there in the 14 days I would be going.

Now, is it worth it? Is Vancouver worth, a decent share of my savings?

Also what month is best to travel to vancouver. February or april and why?

General suggestions/stories/tips more then welcome

Thanks in advance
>>
>>1074529
Protip: contact the people behind
>vakantiepiraten nl
>vliegdeals be
>travelunlimited be

They know their shit and will answer personal questions. May save you a couple hundred euro because they're better at finding cheap tickets than we are.

Also, best time of your life to travel desu. Do it.
>>
>>1074537
A friend of mine suggest AirCanada, should be cheapest he said..
Will check out the links thanks!
>>
>>1074529
Are you talking about Euros, or Dollars? Vancouver on $20 a day isn't going to be very good, especially in February or April. What part of town does your friend live in? If they're a student, they might be busy in April with finals

Vancouver is a ok city, in a setting that's great for the 4-5 months of summer. If you're going to go, pick April. There could easily be 20 days of rain in February, but you're probably used to that.

Unless you're friend is buying you stuff, you wont get to do very much. There's a lot of asian restaurants, tourists seem to like those. There's a lot of asians in general, but you'll probably find them easier to live with than arabs.

If you like weed, April 20th is a big deal in Vancouver.
>>
>>1074529
I think Vancouver is a worthwhile vacation destination. I'm sure there is a few things you can do on little monies/free, but some of the things that are very nice about the city do require more money. It's considered an "expensive" higher cost of living city, as well, and not just for housing.

There is whale migration, so you'll want to get out on a boat and see them. You'll probably want to gear up for some various outdoor activities as well, whether your thing is hiking or kayaking.
Good food, from asian to other cuisines, it's a city filled with international foods that may not be as much like your home choices, so you'll want to dine out.
I'm sure the best month to travel is really for a local to answer, but in general, canadians head south for the winter, jan-mar they're probably in Florida if they can manage it. Summer is high tourism in most cities of canada that isn't seeing ski tourism.
>>
>>1074664
I'm talking about euros. I'm not sure what part he is staying and he already told me about his finals in April, but he had some spare time.

I used to like weed, now I get paranoid.

>>1074685
Thanks for the information, might get more expensive then I hoped.

Also, the cost of flight tickets for the same day I checked yesterday went up 150 euros in one day :o.

Is this normal? Will it get much higher? I wanna book but I need to wait for exact dates..
>>
>>1074529
For just the city and nothing else, I'd say no. For everything near Vancouver you can go I'd say abso-fucking-lutely. Go to Vancouver Island to see Victoria. Go (killer)whale watching. Hike in Pacfic Rim National Park. Surf in Tofino and do the Hot Springs and Bear Watching trips from Jamie's Whaling Station there.
>>
>>1074763
Oke cool, I would like to see a lot of nature there. Is it far from the city? The places you suggested I mean.

Also, via the tip from
>>1074537

I've found tickets for 550 euros, probably going to buy them today.

Thanks all
>>
>>1074763
You should google some pictures of:
- Tofino Hot Springs
- Pacific Rim National Park

Ferries run between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/

What I would do is rent a car and take it on the ferry. Then spend 2 nights in Victoria. It's a great place to relax and you can book orca and whale watching trips with Prince Of Whales. From Victoria it's a 4 hour drive to Tofino. I'd stay there for a few nights too. Two or three. Then take the ferry back.

Be sure to check out the Cathedral Grove trail in MacMillan Provincial Park. It's on-route from Victoria to Tofino.

I booked my trips with Jamie's and had an amazing time with them seeing whales, bears, sealions, seaotters, bald eagles and tons of other wildlife.

The Hot Springs trip involves a boat trip to an island where you have to hike through Maquinna Marine Provincial Park. Then you spend some time swimming in the springs and hike back. The boat will pick you up. Wih us we took the calm route through the islands on the way there and the open sea route (with a whale) back. We also did a great bear watching trip with them.

Check out https://www.jamies.com/
>>
>>1074768 was meant to be a reply to >>1074765
obviously. Oops.

Also, google that Cathedral Grove trail as well. Pacific Rim mostly has short trails and you can easily do 3 a day.
>>
>>1074768
Cool, think I have enough time to see most of these and still have some time in Vancouver itself?
Also, what do most of these excursions cost?
>>
>>1074787
>Also, what do most of these excursions cost?
>Check out https://www.jamies.com/
>>
>>1074796
>https://www.jamies.com/

Totally missed that link, was using my cell. Cheers mate
>>
>>1074529
with that amount of money you can stay in thailand for almost 2 months and live as a king

just saying
also depends what you like OP
do you like big boring cities like brussels or brugge or ghent ?? then go for it
>>
>>1074819
>>1074819
>Stay in Thailand for 2 months
>Live as a king
>On EUR300
Thailand's cheap buddy, but it's not that cheap You can't live like a king for 2 weeks on 300 euros, let 2 months. Nice memes though.
>>
>>1074819
Well, yes. But I always wanted to go to Canada to be honest. Just hope there is enough of nature close to where I'll be staying, because I love nature.
>>
File: TOFINO.jpg (98KB, 822x548px) Image search: [Google]
TOFINO.jpg
98KB, 822x548px
>>1074763
>Jamie's Whaling Station

You sure about that? And
>>
I can confirm this, I lived like a king for 4 days back in 2013 and it cost me upwards of $500
>>
>>1074865
dont forget the flight dipshit , its arround 300 for flights from belgium

go away now
>>
I don't really wanna live there as a king for 10-14 days. I just wanna spend some time with my friend who I haven't seen in a while. Hopefully explore a lot in nature.

Thanks for advice though, might see Thailand if possible.
>>
I'm going 5-15 april, when should I book my flight?
>>
>>1074873
Based on the amazing experiences my girlfriend had with them, absolutely.
>>
Which are the best nature spots for hiking and photography? I'll be in Vancouver for about two weeks in August 2017.
>>
>>1075068
>>1075068
Skyscanner's saying closer to 500

But even with 700 you can't live like a king for two weeks or two months. 50/day is a midrange budget at best.
>>
>>1075293
Burns Bog is neat. There's a big marsh in the middle of the metropolitan area.

Most common thing is the North Shore Mountains, especially Grouse Mountain.
>>
>>1075369
Thank you!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.