[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bus + Train comparison searchers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: merchants[1].jpg (172KB, 319x564px) Image search: [Google]
merchants[1].jpg
172KB, 319x564px
So there are plenty of sites for finding air travel options and prices. You see them advertised everywhere all the time.

But are there any similar sites for finding bus and train routes and fares? Us poor people and those of us on the no fly list or with flying phobia need our options too.
>>
>>1071015

In my (admittedly limited) experience with trains you don't generally have an option for carrier, so these kinds of sites are not necessary

The price is usually the same no matter the time of day you go, sometimes there is a first class or whatever, but usually it's a flat cost

You just go to the website of the train line you need and book the fare, what exactly are you trying to compare with?
>>
>>1071015

Busbud. Megabus is not included but it will show you cheaper fares than the official websites.
>>
>>1071050
Thanks. But why is Megabus literally half the price of the other buses?
>>
I don't know where you're planning on going but Wanderu works well in the Northeast US (don't know about elsewhere). It compares bus/train prices in one place.
>>
>>1071048
Disagree with this about trains, and indeed coaches, being flat cost. It does vary from country to country, but airline-style demand-management pricing has been common on trains on major routes in many European countries for quite a few years now. You can get great bargains by checking carefully on longer distance journeys in, at least, the UK, France, Germany and Italy. And some of the newer coach operators, including Megabus, whatever its Polish offshoot is called, idBus in France and National Express in the UK all work on that basis, too. Maybe in much of Eastern Europe, and also Belgium, this doesn't apply, but otherwise it's best to check fares carefully and consider alternative times or routes
>>
>>1071130
It's not always, they have a complex pricing structure, whereby they have a very limited number of very very cheap tickets (in the UK from £1) on each journey, then stages up until what are basically normal prices. It guarantees they come close to filing up their coaches, basically. But if you miss the small number of cheapest tickets, it's really not so much a bargain
>>
File: the_scarch.jpg (56KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
the_scarch.jpg
56KB, 1024x640px
>>1071015
Why not let me make it easier for you?

Instead of searching several sites at once, just use Trivago!
>>
Fromatob.de
It is German, but the interface is so easy that even as a non German speaker you will get it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.