[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hike along Amazon river

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Amazonrivermap.svg.png (319KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonrivermap.svg.png
319KB, 800x800px
Hello /trv/
I keep it simple, i will walk along Amazon river in my lifetime, probably somewhere between 2020-2022. I just started planning and preparing.
For now i need to decide whether to start in Belem and go to river source, or the other way.
Also, can anyone experienced in such journeys can give me estimated amount of money i need to buy supplies beforehand.
All tips, tricks, questions and stuff greatly appreciated.
>>
You want to walk along the Amazon by yourself? How far are you expecting to go?

Because that river is twice the length of the Appalachian Trail but with a worse climate, horrible terrain and far less opportunity to get out/get supplies. And it will take you at least six months, probably a year.
>>
>>1070856
Ed Stafford did it. I remember reading an article about it a few years ago so I googled it. He's an ex-British Army officer and SAS. It took him over two years and is considered pretty much the most extreme expedition anyone has done in modern times. Just so you know what you are getting yourself into.
>>
Try /out/, also bring a pack mule.
>>
>>1070952
>bring a pack mule.
That would be considered animal cruelty.

OP, you have no idea what you're in for. Ref. >>1070882
>>
>>1070856
>wanting to die
If the river won't kill you the jungle will...if that don't do it then the tribes will.
You have no idea what lies deep in the jungles of the Amazon and believe me you don't wanna know.
>>
I want to do this just to find "the city of gold" and become a billionaire
>>
>>1070873
OP here. I'm in it not for gold. I just need to do it. Going alone would be unwise, i will need to get local guide or few guides, and some assistance to carry food supplies. Also, my research shown me that i will pay a small fortune for vaccines agains SA diseases.
>>1071029
>wanting to die
There are far easier ways to off myself, fuck that. If i survive, noone will ever take such amazing experience from me.
>>1071031
I don't know who you are and why are you trying to appear as me, but please leave if you want to spread dissent and retardation.
>>
>>1071166
do you have some survival xp or just doing it for the lol?
>>
>>1071329
I have some basic survival experience, surviving up to 20 days in wilderness is nothing to me.
On the other hand, we are discussing 800 days in the wilderness. Preparation is the key. I have plenty of time, I just have to plan accordingly.
For now I require good maps of Amazon Basin to plan my long walk. I shall procure them next month when I get some free time.
>>
>>1070856
Do you know the Slovenian who swam all Amazon river?
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/news/amazon-swimmer-martin-strel.html
There are two biggest cons:
>If you think that Brazil is a lawless country, it is because you don't know that region. It is our heart of darkness
>candiru fish
>>
>>1070856
check out the documentary about Ed Stafford's hike "Walking the Amazon".
>>
>>1071834
How much of portuguese/spanish do you speak?
>>
>>1071834

Enjoy getting mauled by jaguars
>>
>>1072769
Saved for my collection of posts that make sense on /trv/, but would seem silly on /sp/.
>>
>>1070882
There's a documentary I watch on this a long time ago, probably 5 years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_the_Amazon
>>
>>1072793

Topkek
>>
>>1070856

Hey brother,
check out the book "Walking the Amazon" by Ed Stafford. He might have some interesting things for you since he did what you are planning.

I guess your direction would depend on the seasons, your visas, etc. But I think that it is easier to just go downstream, maybe i have ocd about that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.