[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, I really like Brutalist architecture and Cold War ruins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: map.png (394KB, 701x713px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
394KB, 701x713px
Hi /trv/,
I really like Brutalist architecture and Cold War ruins
Anyone got some cool 'off the beaten path' recommendations in these areas?
Also, what is the current status on Skrunda and Irbene in Latvia?

At the moment I am looking at:
Rummu
Patarei Prison
Imperial Russian Forts in Liepaja
Karosta
Plokštinė missile base
some Soviet museum near Vilnius

any recommendations outside sights are welcome too
Cheers
>>
>>1069827
If you want to be REALLY off the beaten path, there is a humongously big Soviet barracks in Berlin, a 15-minute walk from the overground station "Bernau-Friedenstal" (I realise that this technically isn't Berlin anymore). I've never met anyone there. You can find old soviet newspapers, I regularly find buttons and other stuff. It has a big watchtower and lots of dilapidated stuff.
>>
>>1069828
Is it called Kaserne Krampnitz?
Looks really cool, just the kinda thing I had in mind
Thank you for the recommendation
>>
>>1069833
shit i mean Vogelsang
>>
>>1069833
Yeah exactly, that's the one. You can also visit the hospital Hitler (and the general secretary of the GDR Erich Honecker) used to recuperate in, look up Beelitz-Heilstätten. There's more people there, though. Sometimes you run into a film crew. Anyway, Berlin has a lot of this stuff, I haven't looked on "abandonedberlin" recently but maybe that blog is still running. Good luck and enjoy. If you find anything in the Baltics let me know, I'm going there in spring myself.
>>
>>1069840
ahh yes, I was reading abandonedberlin- hella cool

Unfortunately I'm not going until July so I won't be able to help you out
if you want to email/make a thread if you find some interesting shit that'd be cool
[email protected]
maybe check out Linnahall
this may be of interest:
http://www.thebohemianblog.com/2015/11/the-ruins-of-daugavpils-fortress-a-little-piece-of-russia-in-the-baltics.html

I have been to Karosta before, would reccomend
>>
>>1069840
http://www.grauzti.lv/html/lapa.htm
>>
>>1069827
if you're interested in a mine/brewery/wwii shelter... well, diving in a flooded one:
http://www.titanbuvar.hu/diving-in-the-flooded-cellars-of-kobanya-budapest/
>>
>>1069827
KGB Museum in Vilnius is a must see.
>>
>>1069827
Imperial Russian Forts in Liepaja
Karosta

Can recommend.

I think Skrunda either got fully or partially demolished. Never even really heard of Irbene.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.