[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immigrating to South-Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What do?
I'm a Belgian guy, 24 and have been living in South-Africa for 2 years now on a volunteering visa (3 years term) without actually volunteering. Back then I thought that was the easiest way to stay for so long. Came here for adventure and live independent and met a wonderful south african girl. She is still studying (second year law) so her immigrating to Belgium is not an option for now and I don't want to do long distance.

Next year my visa is going to expire and laws have changed and the maximum term you can get now is 1 year... This is not long enough for me and I don't want to renew it every year.

Any advice on on how to stay here for as long as possible? Permanent citizenship is almost impossible to get!
>>
>>1066813
just renew it yearly ffs
>>
>>1066813
Why do you want to immigrate to Africa? Africa is third world.
>>
>>1066814
I want to be able to get a normal job which I can't now because I'm volunteering and not allowed to earn money there. I deejay now and freelance as a graphic designer atm.
>>
>>1066816
South-Africa is pretty decent for a "third world" go look up cape town, it's one of the best place to travel to in the whole world. And like I said, I have a girlfriend there and want to stay in SA atleast until she is done studying law, which is another 3 years at least
>>
>>1066833
I used to be in your situation, in CT. Great fucking place, except for the ... downsides. I feel your pain, and with Zuma or Malema in power, there is no end in sight.

Not seeing many alternatives for you. Maybe get more involved in the NGO shit so you don't have to feel that you are exploiting the volunteer visa?

Otherwise, marry your girl, for real or symbolically (darling, let's do it for real later), or marry somebody else. Guess there are still whiteys around that would actually pay you for a chance at getting European residence.
>>
>>1066833

Fuck I love Cape Town, anyway getting a normal job is even hard for regular white male south africans. the country is shit politcally. Interesting place, the violence is insane. I used to live there 1986-1992 was back in 2011.
>>
>>1066813
>I don't want to renew it every year.

if you're not willing to do the paperwork for her annually, then this girl obviously isn't very special to you. so either shut the fuck up and do it for her, or shut the fuck up and go home.

>without actually volunteering
or are you scared that when you try to re-up they're going to look for confirmation you've been following through on your commitment, and when they find out you're just a fucking parasite they're going to kick you the fuck out?
>>
File: 1427094171796.jpg (170KB, 1038x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1427094171796.jpg
170KB, 1038x1534px
If you have a rare skill you could probably get a work visa for that.

>dj
>graphic design

I wouldnt realy think those skills will be ahrd to source in Cpt.

t. Saffa living in cpt
>>
>>1066816
And Belgium is not? lel
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.