[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling with large pets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 2bqFDRo.jpg (438KB, 1242x1228px) Image search: [Google]
2bqFDRo.jpg
438KB, 1242x1228px
You ever travel with your dog /trv/?
I'm wanting to spend about a month to two months in one location (maybe vancouver), and I want to take my dog with me. i'm not sure how to work it out.
>>
No.

I board them in a kennel when I travel.

Honestly, having pets isn't a great idea if you like to travel. It's expensive to house them and it's not very fair to your beloved pet.

Pets are good to have when you're just starting a family and are planning on basically staying near your home for the next 10 years.

However, there's plenty of hotels around the country/world that allow pets. You just have to do a lot of research ahead of time.
>>
>>1065268
Moving around with animals can be hell.

A lot of regulation that change from country to country, some even have forced quarantine time of 14 days up to 3 months, other force you to fill out a shitload of paperwork, need of a special insurance for the time your pet is in the country etc...

Unless you're traveling with a service animal or it's a invitational sport competition (show jumping, dog agility, polo...) where you get special permissions it really sucks.
>>
>>1065268
A dog that goes under the seat in front of you in the cabin is one thing (less than 20lbs). Checking a dog is russian roulette with their life. Even the most frequent flier dogs (show dogs) are hurt, lost and killed far more than you'd know. Airlines don't advertise that, because it wouldn't make sense to talk about it. If you can declare your dog a "therapy" or guide dog officially, you can buy them a seat in the cabin. Could have some other special exceptions crossing borders with this type too.

They're essential wild animals and can get spooked, freaked out, tear out toenails and bleed to death, break a blood vessel in an ear while slammed in a door, heart attacks, nervous behaviors, and need supervision by someone educated. Your dog is fighting for his life to get back to you or to a feeling of safety. They're loose on the tarmac, running around getting hit by cars, and you name it while they are out of your sight. It's horrible.
If you travel by car, by train, or something where they are never out of your sight, maybe yes.

Let's talk about quarantine. I wouldn't subject any animal through that, unless I was moving and it was simply only once. I might be more inclined to rehome my animal in a later stage of life than put them in a kennel for a month.

Cayman Islands give their dogs their own passports. TSA can consider even body-sniffing dogs traveling with their trainers to an earthquake as a "weapon" if they're the wrong breed. I'm telling you it happens, because it does, and it can end your trip immediately. Be careful. The regulations in order to travel can be more frequent vaccinations, health certificates that cost you money at your vet to prepare with very recent dates, etc.
>>
Put a harness on your dog
Get some dark glasses and a white cane
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.