[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Cat Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 89

File: tumblr_mi5e50yvxq1rlzb7co1_.jpg (95KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi5e50yvxq1rlzb7co1_.jpg
95KB, 640x425px
FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: tumblr_mmdof2tndD1r4x8evo1_.jpg (167KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmdof2tndD1r4x8evo1_.jpg
167KB, 426x640px
>Culur again
Just look for raps-toybox on Tumblr if you want to know why she's not trustworthy

>Code Noir and Dollheart
Code Noir are the ex-owners of Dollheart, who got pushed out of their own company

>Long haired androgyne guys and why owners don't want them labelled as girls
They ain't supposed to be traps

>Flatface Smartdoll
They slowly get better though, Mirai is still a pancake

>How to get rid of recasts
Don't let them circulate among people who got no clue (i.e. bring them to Goodwill or whatever). Look up Recast groups on FB instead.

>Sicktress'/Mirodoll's muscle female body is a hot mess
People aren't impressed

>Strangers in your home commenting on your collection
Either put them out of sight or at least don't openly display them with your dakimakura and titty statues.

>Tracy Lynn is back
Trip down history lane, just search for her kiwifarms thread for more

>Hellcorgi still a scammer
Brand new information
>>
File: IMG_5391.jpg (59KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5391.jpg
59KB, 640x736px
Thanks for the fresh bred and summaries OP

I think damasquerade fled the last one in shame rather than explaining why she thought buying from Hellcorgi would end well but I'm still really curious why the fuck anyone would do that
>>
Where can I get 1/6 clothes commissioned for my pureneemos?
>>
www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=LTD-FIG-09790

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=LTD-FIG-09791
>>
>>6465724
no thanks
>>
>>6465534
For some reason commissioning clothes isn't that common among 1/6 sizes, at least I had trouble finding any quality seamstresses for my Blythe (who are on PN bodies) too. It's more profitable for the most of them to just sew their stuff and sell it.
>>
>>6465724

wrong board, try /jp/
>>
$175 dollars for a mystery box that doesn't even contain a doll. What the fuck even is this?
>>
File: IMG_8005 small.jpg (166KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8005 small.jpg
166KB, 700x1050px
>>6465420
Successful past transactions, pity, guilt, cheaper shipping from NZ to AU. Mostly the latter two. Because she took over a month to ship I had to open a PP claim, and when the wings arrived I was only inspecting the fragile pinions for breakage and didn't think to look closely at the shoulder joint parts until after I'd already closed the dispute. But whatever, I've blocked her and I'm done. No sense crying over broken resin.

The wings are now repaired, modded and on this doll and she looks amazing. I'll be airbrushing or sponging the wingtips gold. So hopefully that satisfies your curiosity, though if you really wanted to know the deets you could have send a friendly message on literally any platform off anon.
>>
File: trouble-with-tribbles-10.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
trouble-with-tribbles-10.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>6466178
Shitty fur wigs incoming.
>>
File: IMG_5394.jpg (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5394.jpg
183KB, 640x640px
>>6466368
>>6466178
this is the funniest shit. Fukubukuro format only works for established shops, not 'here's a cardboard box of old doll shit i don't want'

>>6466349
>waa i can't believe people are discussing something anonymously on an anonymous image board
>>
>>6466448
┐( ̄~ ̄)┌ meh
>>
>>6466349
Guilt being one of your "mostly" reasons is, basically, you got what you were asking for.
Guilt and Pity should not be a reason to buy from someone with an extensive history of fucking up???
Jesus I almost felt bad for you.
Congrats on fixing it all up though.
>>
>>6467026

I don't get why anyone still buys from her when she seems like such a trash fire. Hellcorgi is so fucking judgemental for a chick with kingdom Hearts scarification. Actually that alone is enough of a red flag to warn me off of her.
>>
>>6468438
>kingdom Hearts scarification.
see I had forgotten about this but, given that her husband legally changed his name to Marluxia it uh, it's hardly surprising.

>>6466178
I can't find this ridiculous thing on ebay, where is it listed?
>>
>>6468438
She mostly hopped to IG for the latest round of scamming. New name + new platform = casuals get in on the pain people have experienced the last several years now.
>>
>>6469532
But we're talking about someone who has been in the hobby long enough to have had recasts and go legit, which takes a while generally.
Like, don't understand it at all.
>>
>>6469693
I think other anon was explaining why people in general still buy from HC. I would wager most of them really haven't been around long enough to know. As for damasq specifically, see >>6466349. Basically, guilt (??? wat) and cheaper shipping because Aussie.
>>
>>6469770
True, true.
Can't imagine using "cheaper shipping because aussie" as a reason to buy from a known scammer, though. As an aussie myself, I'd rather pay the extra 30 bucks for a reputable seller. But hey, I must be crazy or something.
>>
>>6465534

LovelyWoods Boutique on Etsy
>>
Mirodoll actually has this monstrosity for sale now.

Based on the facebook reactions I thought they'd tweak it more before
>>
>>6471188
There are some artists who I can't understand how they sell dolls. Batchix comes to mind. But Sicktress is in a league of her own truly
>>
File: tumblr_l50ciz9MTL1qa340go1_500.png (200KB, 425x637px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l50ciz9MTL1qa340go1_500.png
200KB, 425x637px
>>6471196
Batchix has an own style that works well in its niche (and before her getting robo dolls was pretty much impossible). She has the knowledge and experience, just a style that is not everyone's cup of tea (like NeferKane). When you get a doll from her she picks a good caster and in the past even her artist casts weren't too horrible bad.

Sicktress has nothing like that.
>>
File: 37_1s.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
37_1s.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
>>6471188
Did Sicktress ever talk about this thing again after she posted the first sculpting pictures? I'm not following her anywhere and her Insta is set on private.
>>
>>6471188
It's even worse seen full length ugh

>>6471234
Seconding this, I've never much understood the weird robo chibis that Batchix sells (though the more mature ones she used to do were cute, and Clever and her unicorn boy busts are handsome) but can certainly imagine they appeal to people and, more importantly, she has technical skill built up over time through devotion to her craft and improvement. It's true of many of the still active older school of western ABJD-emulating sculptors, like Twigling and Armeleia.

Kayke and Sicktress are extremely beginner level in comparison when it comes to their sculpting and (this is the real kicker) seem NOT AT ALL interested in improving bc people will buy their shit anyway (god, there are people on tumblr champing at the bit to throw $$$ at Mirodoll for that muscle monstrosity.)
>>
>>6471188
If this makes even one sale, I'll start sculpting my own shit because apparently anyone can sell anything.
>>
>>6471188
It's like she took NONE of the changes people were trying to help her with. Waist still looks pinched and proportions look really off all around.

This is just ridiculous, and the sad thing is people are still going to buy it.
>>
>>
File: pset 1.png (431KB, 1058x294px) Image search: [Google]
pset 1.png
431KB, 1058x294px
Hey anons, can I get some help? Trying to sculpt a doll but need to know if there are problems I'm unaware of and how to improve. This is the second doll I've sculpted so all feedback is welcome. For now ignore the chest piece since it’s only a base shape. Holding off on adding ears for now – don’t want them to break while working on the head more.

Things I am aware of:
The nose needs actual nostrils. The lips are long and uneven. The eyes are uneven and aren’t the same shape. Needs actual eyelids. Flat in the cheek area – no cheekbones. Headcap isn’t straight. The jawline isn’t symetrical.
>>
File: pset 2.png (549KB, 755x602px) Image search: [Google]
pset 2.png
549KB, 755x602px
>>6473667
The other pictures
>>
>>6473667
>>6473669
Hmm.
From what I can tell, the profile is a little odd, like it's concave instead of convex like normal. It's going to need a proper brow ridge for eyebrows, looking kinda flat there. I, uh, don't know if the nose is the shape you want it to be or not, so I'm not going to say either way about that. Under the chin looks a little double-chinny at the profile, maybe flatten that out?

Like you already said you know, symmetry will need work. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
>>
>>6473667
The eyes are too low, nose too high, space between nose and lips too far. The face is round from the front but flat from profile (Danny choo is that you)
The headcap looks a little small too- which would make me weary about being able to position eyes.
Good on you for asking for concrit anon.
>>
>>6473667
Good on you for having balls enough to ask for advice.
My advice would be to start again, this is a good effort for practice, but the first few of a new skill aren't going to be good.
As >>6473696 says, the face is too concave, and that could be a pain to fix. You'd be better starting again and focusing on keeping issues like symmetry and concavity in mind.
Good luck.
>>
>>6471188
>tfw several people have already ordered this horrible things

Resin Soul heads, tremble in fear.
>>
File: WhatIfWeDidThis.png (54KB, 181x461px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIfWeDidThis.png
54KB, 181x461px
>>
>>6474012
how do i delete someone else's post
>>
>>6474012
anon you magnificent jackass
>>
>>6474012
ayyylmao
>>
>>6473667
Anon, have you owned other BJDs before? Because this reminds me of someone trying to copy something they only know from pictures.
I agree with >>6473882 though, this is a case of "thanks for the experience" and starting new, because fixing this would take waaaaay longer than it probably took to make in the first place.
Better start fresh and use better references this time.

>>6474012
Fuck my sides though
>>
>>6474012
crickey
>>
First off I'd like to thank everyone who offered criticism its helped. Will makes notes off it all for next time. Hopefully will improve.

>>6473882

Will take your advice to start over again with another head.

>>6474276

To answer your question - have an old bobobie that was a gift but aside from that nothing else. Didnt use her as reference since it wasn't the desired style. The references themselves were photographs of actual people . However I think the problem stems more from lack of skill since I don’t sculpt with the same frequency as my other crafts. Will probably try and improve on sculpting skills too before restarting, heh. However in the event that it is a problem with the references will start fresh with those too.

>>6474012
Holy shit didn’t expect you all enjoy my photoshop joke so much.
>>
>>6474334
You'll definitely want another doll for jointing/balance help, just so you have SOME idea of what a bjd is meant to do. But you don't need to copy aesthetics, just understand how the joints work.
Good luck with your next head, dont forget, convex.
also >>6474012 top kek well done
>>
>>6474081

>>6474334
Pupapa had a head-making tutorial out there that recommended drawing the head 1:1 in profile, then cutting out the drawing and sculpting directly onto that.
>>
File: anteanteante.jpg (21KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
anteanteante.jpg
21KB, 334x500px
Hey anons, how well would a fairyland littlefee fit into Iplehouse BID clothing?
>>
>>6473667

I find that it's helpful to sculpt the full form and then cut it for joints, btw. You might want to try at least sculpting the torso in full. I think you should take what you have on the torso and make it a bust for test heads!
Moving on from there, consider watching some 'sculpting a bust' tutorials on youtube. I watch them a lot. Some of the artists I admire (non-bjd doll artists) suggest sculpting 10 heads before committing to one. You can do this too! Work smaller or consider getting crappy clay. Ignore the style you want and just focus on the actual dimension of the face. It looks like you work in 2D, and understand where things go, but not how they work in a 3D space. Just a guess though? As far as the headcap goes, I think you need to work on a deeper angle with a less high back. You're going to have a hard time getting eyes in there. Usually, headcaps in the back come deep and close to the neck. Speaking of, looks like your neck hole is a little thin for the head size. I think your biggest challenge will be understanding the flesh around the features- the brow ridge, the cheek/cheekbones and the transition from the lips to the cheeks.
But you have great courage to post here and I respect that!
t. a dollmaker who sells dolls but isn't courageous enough to post their dolls here.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-10-10-05-12.png (691KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-10-10-05-12.png
691KB, 800x1280px
There's a seller on etsy called dollartbyjulie who sells these 3d printed bjd 'cores' to help people sculpt their own doll. Seems kind of interesting if a little limiting.
>>
File: LF-Size.jpg (199KB, 590x404px) Image search: [Google]
LF-Size.jpg
199KB, 590x404px
>>6473604
The picture of this one slayed me.
I want it so bad, but it would be an impulse buy and the last thing I need to be doing is spending money right now.

>>6474334
Hey, I applaud you for not getting butthurt over criticism. I am really awful at sculpting, so kudos for doing it. That being said, you might take a look at whichever company styles you enjoy at different angles, if you are able to. What kind of styles are you into? Do you like more realistic faces like Iplehouse/Raccoondoll? Do you like anime-like faces like 2D dolls/DD/Smartdoll? Do you like the traditional doll look like Fairyland or Volks? Of course, there's a weird spectrum of in-between.

>>6474589
BID are chunkier than LTF.
>https://iplehouse.com/home/shop/item.php?it_id=1320363584&nhn1=en
>vs pic related
>>
>>6474794
I think these are funny because I can't imagine how they are going to work. do you leave them in or cut them out? The hips are way too narrow and close, and with the gap if you sculpt over it, it can't be cast because the inside isn't hollow, unless you cast it solid them drill it out? Also doesn't seem to help muck because the sockets aren't full formed, like in the knees, there's nothing to hold the ball straight. So it might as well just be an expensive bead?
>>
>>6474794
>>6474943
I don't think that base is intended to create a castable doll, just help someone make their own one-off art project. You're right, though, the joints don't look especially well-engineered...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-10-12-24-55.png (1MB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-10-12-24-55.png
1MB, 800x1280px
>>6474943

The dolls the creator made useing it look crude but relatively functional? If nothing else it looks like a good way to just get a feel for doll sculpting if you can't afford a bjd to use as a model. The core thing is only $17 so that's a plus.
>>
File: DFP88kGU0AEm8NX.jpg (142KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DFP88kGU0AEm8NX.jpg
142KB, 1200x900px
>>6474811
>last thing I need to be doing is spending money right now.
me too but I still bought it because I have no self control for this cutie
>>
>>6475097
fuckkk why is SIO2 stuff so cute and ssooo expeennsssiiive
>>
>>6466349
http://m.ebay.com/itm/253080059070?_mwBanner=1

Here you go
>>
>>6475135
I know that you were probably trying to reply to the anon who asked about the ebay link but the unintentional 'why dontcha go buy this then, if you're willing to chance a transaction with Hellcorgi' is great
>>
I bought a beat up old Narin hybrid on Facebook. Kind of disappointing because I didn't know he didn't have a tooth plate included. But with that said... I knew he had body blushing and I didn't realize it looked like this.
>>
File: IMG_3622.jpg (396KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3622.jpg
396KB, 1080x1920px
>>6475316
Stupid mobile posters dropping their pictures.
>>
>>6475319
oh no, an unspoilered benis on a blue board, jannies are gonna freak
>>
File: tumblr_mhwx7pZL511ru0pj9o2_500.jpg (152KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhwx7pZL511ru0pj9o2_500.jpg
152KB, 500x325px
>>6475169
Aaargh, yes.
I was pretty sure I had picked the correct post.

Agree though, it does fit well. Maybe she wants to take one for the team because fuck, if I'd be rich I would buy this box just to stream and see what's inside.

Anyway, anon >>6468563, please find the link a little above.

>>6474794
>>6475026
Relatively functional if you don't know how a BJD looks and works like in real and just want to cobble something together that can pose a little. Also the way she designed it makes it pretty much impossible to do something that doesn't look like her own tries.

>>6474334
Even though the BBB might not be the desired aesthetic you can still learn the basics from it.
Like headcap placement, how the head needs to look inside, general feeling for volume.
As said, it just looks a lot like "I've never seen a BJD", because most people can probably sculpt a somewhat okayish looking face with enough tries, but the whole neckhole/back of head/headcap/inside of head thing is something that is best learned by looking at or owning BJDs. to understand how eyes are placed inside, how the head fits on a neck and so on.
Same for the joints, newbies without BJDs tend to sculpt what they think a BJD joint looks like, but without taking in account the a) actual design and b) engineering. They might get the lines on the unposed doll right, but that's it.

Human references are of course dandy too, but you are not trying to sculpt "just" a human head. It's supposed to work as a BJD head too.
>>
>>6474444
I will try that and see if it helps.

>>6474678
Will take a look at some videos for sure then. Am already working at a small scale-that head is barley 2in long. The 2d thing is semi true as 3d materials are worked with a lot just not in the sculpting category. Thank you for the extra advice,- will make note of it as well.

>>6474794

Overall think someone would learn more when starting from scratch.

>>6474811

Hey, need criticism if I want my doll to look nice. (Who am I Culur or Kayke?) If I ignored all off the helpful advice the anons have been giving it would be extremely counteractive. Going for the fairyland/volks style with this doll. Want a DD someday though.

>>6475502
Thank you for the information, I'll definetly take a good look at how she works then so I can get a decent understanding of the engineering as you mentioned.
>>
>>6475622
Oh, while I think of it, look up tutorials on how to sculpt a head in Zbrush or other 3D modelling software.
he steps are pretty much the same, and they'll give you good info on how to get nice, stylised features, you'll just need to hollow out the inside for the eyes/headcap/etc
>>
File: DGU4zSFVYAAioB2.jpg (227KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGU4zSFVYAAioB2.jpg
227KB, 900x1200px
>>6475107
RIGHT? they hit me in all the right spots tho
>>
File: C2YE8QxUAAAUY4T.jpg large.jpg (125KB, 1001x1334px) Image search: [Google]
C2YE8QxUAAAUY4T.jpg large.jpg
125KB, 1001x1334px
>>6475776
Dumb? dump
>>
File: C0AvxLZUUAAVpDV.jpg (44KB, 720x1055px) Image search: [Google]
C0AvxLZUUAAVpDV.jpg
44KB, 720x1055px
>>6475783
>>
File: 33104251211_e3e34613de_b.jpg (322KB, 1024x715px) Image search: [Google]
33104251211_e3e34613de_b.jpg
322KB, 1024x715px
>>6475786
>>
File: 29969791750_43ee29f091_b.jpg (190KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
29969791750_43ee29f091_b.jpg
190KB, 1024x683px
>>6475790
>>
File: DGD0t6LVYAET3xm.jpg (138KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGD0t6LVYAET3xm.jpg
138KB, 900x1200px
>>6475793
>>
File: Cq2Fw4zUAAE65yj.jpg (113KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
Cq2Fw4zUAAE65yj.jpg
113KB, 1200x801px
>>6475798
>>
File: CjeKx82UUAAifiN.jpg (31KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
CjeKx82UUAAifiN.jpg
31KB, 600x398px
>>6475804
>>
File: C1FC5m8UsAEC2MU.jpg (64KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
C1FC5m8UsAEC2MU.jpg
64KB, 720x540px
>>6475808
>>
File: Ckp4YZkVAAArepx.jpg (88KB, 674x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ckp4YZkVAAArepx.jpg
88KB, 674x1200px
>>6475813
>>
>>6475816
>>
File: C__DzcpV0AEFtm0.jpg large.jpg (216KB, 1538x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C__DzcpV0AEFtm0.jpg large.jpg
216KB, 1538x2048px
>>6475821
>>
>>6475827
>>
File: CmbTC_rUIAA1EHh.jpg (113KB, 1136x853px) Image search: [Google]
CmbTC_rUIAA1EHh.jpg
113KB, 1136x853px
>>6475831
>>
>>6474012
I laughed harder than I should have.

Also thank you for the Sio2 pic dump; their dolls are absolutely adorable and so far I've enjoyed everything they've released.
>>
>>6476284
No problem, I love there dolls and wish I had more pictures of them
>>
>>6477300
>binkie
cute. always wondered why there weren't more AB dolls
>>
>>6477314
ew anon
pretty sure >>6477300 has a pacifier because the doll could conceivably be an actual baby/child character.
>>
File: C0AvxqQUkAAFIlu.jpg (51KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
C0AvxqQUkAAFIlu.jpg
51KB, 720x960px
>>6477314
I-if that is where you want to take it anon, you do you.
>>
>>6477336
It is a baby/child character.

I did see a few AB dolls already though (or older ones with pacifier at least), but surprise, of course they were glitter gore gay bois who looked like abused girls anyway. Oh, and that one Smartdoll from crackupmadness.
>>
>>6477314
maybe because AB is a disgusting fetish
>>
>>6475097
Spam pics when you get her in so I can feel mass regret.

>>6475107
It's cheaper to buy from Taobao. Bleater was less than $100. I realllly wish I had jumped on it, but I'm incredibly reluctant to order from Taobao proxies for pretty much no reason at all.

>>6475783
>>6475786
>>6475790
>>6475793
>>6475798
>>6475804
>>6475808
>>6475813
>>6475816
>>6475827
>>6475831
>>6475832
>>6477300
FFFFUUUUCK. Thank you for the dump.
>>
File: IMG_5047.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5047.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Am I gonna be that person anons
>>
>>6478388
Yeah.
>>
>>6478394
I love it
>>
File: 27007710255_7eeb497b81_k.jpg (632KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
27007710255_7eeb497b81_k.jpg
632KB, 2048x1365px
>>6478388
I got commissioned art from two of my dolls as a background, you good anon.
Just have fun.
>>
>>6478508
This is such a beautiful photo.
>>
File: se25gr.png (683KB, 440x644px) Image search: [Google]
se25gr.png
683KB, 440x644px
This thread is so dead it's kinda sad. No drama lately, it seems.

What's everyone working on/saving for/planning/etc etc.
Currently making custom hooves for one of my girls, sanding is kicking my ass. I don't like how big most are so I'm trying to make them more dainty.
>>
>>6474794
the concept is interesting.
Hopefully they will be other releases with better ingeneering in a few years.
>>
Does anyone know what sparked the recent "I'm pro-artist but not a bully" thing on Instagram?
>>
>>6478508
That's really lovely.

>>6480582
Yeah, I haven't been able to keep up with drama lately because of school business. I don't go on tumblr much anymore because of that.
Did you make those? I like how simple those are.
As for working/saving/planning I have been doing mockup faceups for my ~special OC donut steal~.

>>6481213
No idea. Sounds about like the stance I take, but it's more of a "Don't be a dick". Even if pro-recasters do stuff you don't like, they're still people. I don't like what they're doing, but I'm not going to be a dick to them about it. I just don't have time for that.
>>
>>6481213
People on tumblr/instagram were claiming the only thing pro-artist peeps really are is bullies. Stating the facts about why recasts can hurt doll companies, as well as saying recasts are counterfeit is bullying now.
>>
>>6481292
There's also been more than one person falsely accused of owning recasts
>>
File: AttentionWhore.png (157KB, 1874x724px) Image search: [Google]
AttentionWhore.png
157KB, 1874x724px
>>6481213
For some reason people now think being anti-recast = automatically being a screaming witchhunt person. Which why you now have people who think being neutral = being the good guys in this.

Just sounds to me like a way to silence the people who say that buying recasts is a shitty thing to do and doesn't help the hobby. Just tell them they come across as "bullies" and you get rid of those pesky naysayers that make buying counterfeits less fun for you.

>>6480582
Here, have a fun post that got deleted already.
Hope it wasn't >>6477314
>>
>>6481616
That thead had some comedy gold.
>>
>>6481616
>>6481768
Holy shit, was it deleted? I can't find it.
What.. did people say?
>>
>>6481616
Okay, besides that whole fetish/lifestyle being retarded, that seems like a dumb way to go about it. BJDs aren't toys you'd ever see a little girl having anyway? She should have just saved herself the dosh and gotten a baby doll or something since "regular fashion dolls are ~too mature~"
>>
File: AttentionWhore_2.png (598KB, 1903x2787px) Image search: [Google]
AttentionWhore_2.png
598KB, 1903x2787px
>>6481959
I managed to take a screenshot, but I am pretty sure there were way more replies afterwards. At least one reply afterwards called the girl out for just doing it for the attention (the openly posting it for discussion), but mostly people were polite and friendly.
And yes, it was deleted.

>>6481976
This.
No clue why she thinks a BJD of all things is the right choice. But hey, daddy paid for it probably.
>>
>>6481292
I wish I'd made those, no, just thought i'd chuck a pic on for some visual interest.

>>6481616
>>6482001
Sweet christmas.
I'm cool pretty much all sexual fetish things but I have a great distaste for DDLG because of the implications and, no, just please.
>>
File: tumblr_m5eainxUNL1rp6kfbo1_.jpg (99KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5eainxUNL1rp6kfbo1_.jpg
99KB, 500x700px
>>6482348
I'm on the same boat like most of the ones who posted: honestly don't care what you do, just keep it to yourself and only do it with people who consent. Pretty much true for all kinks, I just don't want to be exposed to them against my will, especially in a space that is supposed to be not-sexual by default.

Still not entirely sure if she didn't just post it because drawing attention to it is part of her kink.
>>
>>6482001
>>6482348
>>6482390
I have 0 doubt in my mind that either
1) There is no real scenario like this- she's just a troll, stirring the pot (I mean.. look at her username)
2) Discussing this, is indeed, part of her fetish.
>>
File: nkjnjkdsfnjk.jpg (66KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
nkjnjkdsfnjk.jpg
66KB, 500x667px
Why would you buy such a janky piece of crap, let alone sell it
Kayke abomination posted by puffsdolljunk
>>
File: jjosdf.jpg (98KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
jjosdf.jpg
98KB, 500x730px
>>
>>6480582
Oooh that looks super cute!

>>6481616
>>6482001
Goodness gracious! Gonna have to agree with the earlier anon that if she's going for that sort a fetish, then BJDs aren't exactly designed for children to begin with.

>>6482536
>>6482538
Looks like the same person posted it on BJD Addicts; apparently they fall over easily. Also something about those arm and leg joints look super rushed.
>>
>>6482536
>>6482538
God this looks fucking terrible.
>>
File: 109_shop1_565527.jpg (77KB, 401x500px) Image search: [Google]
109_shop1_565527.jpg
77KB, 401x500px
>>6482538
Its like some horrendous blend of a bratz doll and hujoo.
>>
Anyone go to Resin Rose?
>>
>>6482001
>EurAsianGirl
There is about a 99% chance this is some middle aged white virgin man who jerked it before and after posting this to a site full of women.
>>
>>6482538
Oh christ i forgot about this pile of shit. People actually bought it?

Also does anyone know who runs bjdconfessions? I thought it was semi open secret known to be karla-chan but am starting to wonder if it's Sicktress bc my confession laughing at the weird Miro body was never posted.
>>
>>6482001
>>6482961
>EurAsianGirl
This girl/troll posted a few blog entries to the same tune about a year ago to the same tune on MFC.
>>
File: IMG_20170816_091000.png (96KB, 1080x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_091000.png
96KB, 1080x399px
>>6483986
She just made a new thread, which is a regular photo reference one.
>>
>>6483304
I run BJDConfessions, your particular confession is in the queue. Be posted in a few days, iirc.
>>
>>6484107
Is there any chance you could up the number of confessions per day? I'm dying of boredom over here
>>
>>6483986
That's good to know. From a post from last month, it looks like it's more likely a spoiled teenager posting exhibitionist bullshit.
>For those that are curious here's the shit I wanted to get but couldn't:

>Dollfie Dream BJD (however my parents said if I got this I couldn't buy anything else due to how expensive they are so in the end I decided on the 'everything else' bit since the Volks store is in Torrance and I live in LA so I could always just swing down there for my b-day if I really wanted to)

Sounds like the only "daddy" buying her shit is her bio dad.
>>
>>6483986
>>6484221
You got a link?
>>
>>6484216
I'll give it a shot, the inbox is getting pretty full so ideally I'll up it to keep the balance.
>>
>>6484230
https://myfigurecollection.net/profile/EurAsianGirl
>>
File: Terrible.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Terrible.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
Another terrible recast chiwoo somebody paid more for used than it is new.
>>
File: tumblr_mgqcliONOG1rhqwlzo1_.jpg (128KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgqcliONOG1rhqwlzo1_.jpg
128KB, 640x426px
>>6484263
Thanks anon.

Why the fuck does she have to mention her kink even in her introduction?
At this point I definitely think it's part of the kink to expose people to it against their will.
>>
>>6484285
rip barf
>>
>>6482536
https://puffsdolljunk.tumblr.com/post/164194716550/kiwi-day-1-first-impressions

Here's the full Tumblr post by the way.
It's her first BJD (poor thing), she paid 200$ for it and even though she was crushed she still finds excuses why it's not as bad as she felt in the beginning.
If that would be my first venture into BJDs I'd fucking lose my shit.

Meanwhile...Kayke sent a doll out like this?! Even if it's an artist cast (I thought she had this professional setup from a friend she could use?) in a dark skintone, it just looks like there was a lot of hotglue that got casted with the doll.
>>
>>6484309
This is why I have never sold my artist casts/junk casts, they all look like this or worse, and it waters down the brand. And to think she charged $200 for that! The worst part is you can see in places where the 3d texture is still visible. I expected little but I still expected more.
>>
>>6484309
jesus h. christ, I would have forced her to refund and take this abomination back
>>
>>6484107
Ohh thanks and sorry for the conspiracy talk lmao. I was under the impression that the wait time was still just a few days (there was a post at some point saying 1-3 days) so i thought it would not be in queue and was gone.

If you do start posting more it would be awesome, since TBJDC is dead
>>
>>6484309
I feel so bad for her...
And it sounds like she probably thinks this is standard quality for dark resin and/or artist dolls, now. I guess the answer to "who the fuck would order Kayke's latest monstrosity" is "someone who literally had no expectations from a BJD and never saw one before"
>>
>>6484435

I actually wish more artists and bjd companies sold junk casts as such. I don't think it 'waters down the brand' if they are sold as flawed project pieces. Iplehouse sell dolls with minor flaws at discount price auctions and I'm glad. I was able to score two iplehouse dolls at a steep discount when there is no way I could afford a perfect iplehouse doll. Perhaps if more companies did this there would not only be less waste but people who just have to have brand name dolls might try for a flawed doll instead of a recast.
>>
>>6484683
I know Doll Family-h/Illusion Spirit/Doll Legend/whatever else sends some of their b-grade heads to Taobao sellers as "practice heads" with a no metal plate generic head cap. I wish more would, too. But then the secondhand market would become even more of a disaster.
>>
>>6484309
Uhm... at least the bag is kinda cute?
Because.. damn. I feel bad for her. You can see shes trying not to hate it.

>>6484652
Haha no prob. I thought I'd taken that down, the current wait time is something ridiculous like 2 weeks, so I'll up everything to get it down as much as possible.
Also, just for fun, I am neither Karla or Sicktress. I'm actually pretty unknown in the hobby, which Idm.

>>6484683
I'd definitely buy more dolls if I could buy b-grade/junk casts, i'm a modder so those issues are RARELY something I give a crap about
>>
Autism showing but what are these called? I know a bunch of people were making them for BJD's but I can't for the life of me find out who was doing it or even what they were called.
>>
Was anybody else really dissapointed that the company reviews section of DoA is ust a big useless nothing? When I joined I was really excited about that section from the name but it's not actually product reviews at all.
>>
>>6485865
Someone wants to make a Sammy Sable doll...
>>
>>6485865

Person who makes those that I know of is mirrorada on instagram.

>>6486110
I had to Google who that was and I'm still not sure what they even do. Are they just a cam whore who wore a harness once? Girl is a literal who.
>>
>>6486102
It's always been that way. Even when people get a pile of junk in the mail, there's a 99% chance they will rationalize it, or only buy shit brands so they don't know any better.
>>
>>6485865
??The answer is right there on the image and in the filename??
>>
>>6485865
Synthetic Ephemera is mirrorada's shop where she sells those
>>
>>6485865
Friend, this is a cage harness. It was in the filename.
>>
>>6486102
It's company feedback rather than company reviews-- basically, whether products arrive on time and are as described (just like the user feedback threads to which they are a direct equivalent).

Good for knowing what to expect from dealers (some are...unideal), or shipping times from a company, but if you're looking for actual opinions on the quality of a doll's sculpt/engineering/etc, you would have better luck to check the discussion threads or do a search for "(body/company) review"and hope someone has bothered. There's been a couple attempts at making databases or masterlists of reviews like that but they never really panned out.
>>
>>6486110
>literally who
These are a moderately popular gothy fashion item. That's like seeing someone looking for doll-size lace chokers and saying "oh you must want to make a doll of my neighbor who wears lace chokers"
>>
>>6486102
The section you're looking for will be either Box Openings (where you can see the quality of the packaging and shipping job) or BJD Discussion and find the thread for the brand/line you're interested in (where people are sharing info and pictures on the particular dolls and can answer questions as well).
>>
>>6486323

>box openings

That's just photos of the box and maybe a sentence or two. Not really usefull.

>discussion threads

Not only do people blatantly ignore questions in those threads but they activity lie about doll quality in some of them. I could go into the resinsoul thread right now and ask about posing and I'd get people while would swear they pose as good as fairyland which is a straight up fucking lie.

I wish I could just type in bjd review on YouTube and get the same level of product review I can when I type in hot toys.
>>
File: 35759247673_ecc7d3590b_o.jpg (466KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
35759247673_ecc7d3590b_o.jpg
466KB, 1000x664px
>>6486446
You already brought up the number one issue why reviews aren't useful anyway: they are highly subjective.

Doesn't matter where you look and what for, you rarely come across a person who will do a proper review unless that person a) has no emotional attachment and b) wasn't forced to pay for it themselves and c) has nothing to lose by being honest. You won't get that from a regular buyer who writes about their latest purchase, especially not when it's about something as emotionally invested as people are into these dolls.

So people don't actively lie, they either don't know better or it's correct by their definition. Your definition is different, which is why randomly asking people will never work out.
You either make the experience yourself or look for likeminded people to ask.
Or go for photos, cause those don't lie, but people tend to be too lazy to take them for you.

However, what exactly are you looking for anyway? Maybe one of us can help.
>>
>>6486446
there is another reason why anons won't necessarily be honest in reviews: they don't want to get banned from that company because regardless of all of its shitty flaws, they still like it
>>
>>6486498
>banned
>from a company
what the fuck are you even talking about lmao
>>
File: 5915289464_c15a5681a3_b.jpg (150KB, 518x778px) Image search: [Google]
5915289464_c15a5681a3_b.jpg
150KB, 518x778px
>>6486498
>>6486518
Just asked myself the same. Is there even one case of a reputable BJD company going "won't sell to you anymore" because of a bad review?
Honestly, if that would be the case this would cast a way worse light on the company than any review ever could.
>>
>>6486518
I figured I might get hate for that one, but its true. Oldfags probably would remember more when companies were only one or two people. "Companies"
>>6486522
Maybe not in the ENG community.
>>
File: 15.jpg (35KB, 406x539px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
35KB, 406x539px
>>6486550
The only person/company I can come up with right now from the top of my hat is Amadiz.

But that was a whole different drama.
They were moderators of the BJD leaks russian community (or whatever the official name of it was again) and used anything former unhappy customers posted there to blackmail them.
Basically "you wrote something bad about our company, we will tell people what you posted in the leaks group".

Got any sources/stories about such cases, anon?
>>
File: SchoolC.jpg (97KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
SchoolC.jpg
97KB, 427x640px
>>6486558
head, not hat
>>
>>6486495

>Doesn't matter where you look and what for, you rarely come across a person who will do a proper review unless that person a) has no emotional attachment and b) wasn't forced to pay for it themselves and c) has nothing to lose by being honest. You won't get that from a regular buyer who writes about their latest purchase, especially not when it's about something as emotionally invested as people are into these dolls.

But all of that is true for toys and there are still good reviewers out there. I follow several toy reviewers on YouTube you give relatively objective reviews. Sure it's still their opinion but they go over all the figures features and how they stack up compared to other things they've handled.

Bjd people are 'special' in that they sugar coat all the things wrong with dolls so unless you really dig you never hear about the dolls problems. Joints that don't work right aren't a subjective problem.
>>
File: tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg (284KB, 887x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg
284KB, 887x600px
>>6486600
Objective because they probably align with your opinions of the pieces in question and how they should be judged anyway.

And as mentioned, the reviewers in question probably do not fall into the mentioned a-c) cases.
Show me how objective they stay when they pay 600$ for something and are actually emotionally invested into their purchase and/or have a bunch of company fans breathing down their necks.

>Joints that don't work right aren't a subjective problem.
They are, when as mentioned the person either has no clue or just values it differently.

For example, if you'd ask me what I think of Iple I'd tell you they are overall good quality and nice looking but heavy af with bullshit jointing.
Someone else will just fawn about how pretty they are but never mention their posing because it doesn't matter to them or they will say it is fine because they don't pose their dolls much besides sitting and standing.
Is the other person wrong or actively lying? No.
Just doesn't care about the same things.

Honestly, reviews are bullshit anyway unless you know how the other person ticks. This is true for any kind of review, no matter if it's toys, books, food or whatever.
>>
>>6486600
Give us an example of how a BJD should properly be reviewed.

Like with toys you have things like character likeness (we don't have that), overall manufacturing quality (which nowadays in most cases is pretty much the same or close across the majority of companies), paintjob (which is most of the time really good if it is even ordered), photo likeness (most people get their doll blank without everything, so except for the face everything else included on company photos like clothes or co. doesn't matter), sturdyness while handling (BJDs are sturdy af), box (usually BJDs have nice boxes anyway), packaging (usually well packed).
Unless there is a really glaring issue, like a doll being packed wrongly or warped pieces, most reviews are pretty boring or say nothing new.

The only thing you can really talk about is posing, but you 1) need a person who actually knows how to pose the doll and 2) values it to a certain degree.
Everyone can pose a regular toy, but a 3kg 70cm dude is a whole different thing.
Also what is good posing? What should be the bare minimum a BJD should be able to do? Against what should every BJD be compared against? Should the size matter?

I get where you are coming from, but most BJD reviews would make not much sense anyway because they offer nothing new or can't really be objective.
>>
>>6486518
>>6486522
>>6486550
Not sure about the BJD commmunity, but I know Angelic Pretty(or was it BTSSB?) threatened to sue a girl because they sent her low-quality shoes and she complained about it.
>>6486600
>>6486626
>>6486643
I think a problem with this is company loyalty. Personally I have 10+ dolls, but they're all from like.. 3 companies. A lot of people stick to their favorite companies, so they don't have a lot to compare it to.
>>
>>6486110
>>6486125
Haha glad im not the only one who had no idea who it was.

>>6486153
>>6486262
I searched for BJD harnesses and elastic bras and ribcage harnesses etc etc and came up with nada. my googlefu my be weak.

>>6486190
Thanks friend.

>>6486446
Also reviews can be dated fairly quickly.
Important things like resin quality or how fast they yellow or the horrid warping of Minifee legs will likely be different in a year or two because the companies in question will change practises or switch to different resins or not be swarmed with orders.
>>
>>6486550
Nobody is giving you hate we just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Fellow oldfag here and I genuinely cannot think of a single company ever "banning" someone (also, quite a few of them are still one or two people...)

Even back when Mr Dollshe used to do those wacky questionnaires to see how much you wanted to buy his dolls and how you'd never ever sell them, which remains the peak of buyer exclusivity/screening i've seen in this hobby (except maybe Volks' recent agreements/interviews for their rare bisque Kasumis) he never banned anyone from purchasing from him.
>>
>>6486714
That was Baby! Don't taint the name of Angelic Pretty like that. Baby is the one with crazies up top.
>>
>>6486550
im an old fag as they come and i have never heard of a company refusing to sell to you if you wrote a bad review, quit pulling shit out of your ass. the only thing any company has said remotely near that is if they are aware you are a recaster or will send the doll to a recaster they reserve the right not to sell to you.

and back in the day, there were no small one person companies as far as i am aware of like there is these days. your choices for dolls were luts (which sold only CP dolls before they branched off and became fairyland), volks, alchemic labo, doll of dreams, or dollzone pretty much.
>>
File: worst customer ever.png (138KB, 1178x625px) Image search: [Google]
worst customer ever.png
138KB, 1178x625px
>>6484285
RIP my first love sculpt

>>6484309
...Wow. And here I was debating getting one of Kayke's goblins, but holy shit. Just. Wow.

>>6489456
>>6487725
This. I'm another oldfag and there would have been a huge dramatic blowout if someone refused to sell for a bad review. If the person were a chronic problem, well... that's another thing.
>pic related from a few years ago
>>
>>6489456
Gotta disagree with the second point, there have always been small/just-a-sculptor companies, even back in the early-early days, like Phantom, Dive, Kanon. Quite a few such companies were listed in the BJD Orbyrarium (published 2006, and the companies hadn't just come into existence then, so they operated in the early 2000s.) They often made only heads. Few of those old tiny operations survived until now.
>>
>>6490401
I think the issue was that back in the day, those small time 'companies' where practically impossible to get anything from unless you were from their country of origin. They didn't have websites in english to order from, and if someone happened to get a head by them, it was because it miraculously showed up on the second hand market somewhere. Also it was pre tumblr, instagram, flickr etc, so information about these small time casters didn't spread far enough for them to be known outside of very limited circles
>>
File: tumblr_lhtb4koc8C1qa340go1_500.jpg (79KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lhtb4koc8C1qa340go1_500.jpg
79KB, 500x333px
>>6489605
Whaaat the fuck.
Odette had a problem with her mold though. I know someone sent theirs actually back to Soom because of that and orders got delayed.
According to Soom she was a 2014 July/August pre-order though, so losing their shit in October already...eek.

Wasn't that around the time where Soom lost their old Q&A person and things were shit and slow anyway because the new support peeps were struggling to replace her?
>>
>>6481297
The problem is that when people make this comparison dont understand the fact that there is a huge difference in "you're a bully for not supporting the company." And "you are a thief and support thieves. You dont belong in this hobby, thieves deserve to die" People are wild on both ends.
>>
File: 27600624253_6d6f1e5f6b_b.jpg (203KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
27600624253_6d6f1e5f6b_b.jpg
203KB, 683x1024px
>>6492485
It's not the recast buyers that are labelled as bullies (like in your first example), but the one's who are against it. The latter does happen, but this is more about why so many anti-recast people see the need to clarify that they are no bullies.

You constantly read "I am against recasts, but I am no bully" statements currently because as >>6481616 mentioned, there is a very distorted definition of "being anti-recast" going around currently. I agree that it does feel a bit like an attempt to silence people, because apparently the only good anti person is the one who doesn't buy recast themselves but still is all "don't wanna hurt precious feelings" about the topic, never speaks up and basically interacts with recast supporters like they don't support something shitty.
Too many are afraid to alienate others by having a strong opinion since all of them are thirsty for followers.
There's a huge difference between a strong opinion and actual bullying, but the recast guys managed to scream long enough how even saying "dude, buying recasts is no bueno" is bullying that it's no surprise that the spineless softies in this hobby who want to be loved by everyone now backpedal so hard.
>>
>>6492586
A strong opinion can contribute to bullying.... Why is everyone so obsessed with opinions now. No one even knows the definition anymore. You have a right to voice it but it doesn't make it any less harmful or stupid... Like....

That issue aside what happened with this whole companies sueing people business??
>>
>>6492586
You hit the nail on the head. I'm not posting any of that stupid "i'm pro-artist but not a bully!" shit because it assumes there's actually some cabal of people bullying recast buyers or that saying it's shitty equates to bullying them and that's so........stupid.
>>
>>6465276
>>6465420
who are these dolls from?
>>
Problems coming out of AU comm crazies again, wondering how long it will be until everyone just stops buying or selling to them, but hey that "less for shipping" eh?
>>
>>6492931
What?
>>
>>6492931
Au BJD'er here.
Please spill the beans. I need em.
>>
Impatient noob messages at all hours every five minutes, as a seller and a buyer they are legit crazy,. If you are AU you will know them, she is all over FB wanting attention for her dolls who all have the same name.
>>
>>6492981
>>6492931
Spat out my tea, can confirm.
>>
>>6492931
>>6492981
>>6492987
Am I the only one who notices this pose is basically a decapitation?
>>
>>6492770

The only problem I have with the pro artist community is false accusations and the fact that if you aren't there for every little #norecastssupportartists reblog people think you support recast. I shouldn't have to constantly post about how much I hate recasts just to keep people from slinging false accusations at me. It shouldn't be on the victim to provide evidence of innocence.

I also think it's insane to expect people to vet every single photo they reblog on Tumblr to make sure they aren't accidently rebloging a recast. Like there are so many other hobbies that deal with counterfeit without making into just another way to virtue signal out the ass.
>>
>>6492783
The ones in OP are from Pipos. The green skull doll is owned by a person called MisMantis, and the head is a non-bjd one she modified to fit on a bjd body. Don't remember the artist anymore she bought the head from (it is not a real skull), but if you check her Insta you will find it mentioned in her posts of the doll.

>>6492765
Talking about not knowing definitions but then using the word bullying like it means "everyone who disagrees with you". Me saying that I am against recasts and unwilling to interact with their willful buyers and supporters is not bullying. Keeping them out of legit only places is not bullying. The ones who need protection and are the victims are the artists and companies, not lil' Suzy who thought she was above the rest and got herself a cheap MNF from ebay and now demands to get her ass kissed.

And what's bad about having an opinion? Not everyone can play fucking Switzerland all the time. If we do that sooner or later stuff will turn even more to shit.

>>6492931
Honestly read that as "Alternate Universe" and seriously asked myself what the fuck you were on.
>>
>>6492993
mmm those neck breaking poses...
>>
>>6493002
I can't be on anything, dolls take up all of my drug money.
>>
>>6492997
I agree with that. I made myself very clear a few times and since then stopped doing those "Am against recasts" posts, but I sometimes still think "does it look weird when I don't participate in this?".
It's stated at the top of my profile though and if you look through my photos/know me it is obvious anyway, that needs to be enough.

I agree that people need to be less aggressive, but we still need ones that speak up, educate others and keep the topic somewhat visible. Too many newbies enter the hobby and got no clue, and lots of them don't even want to support recasts.
If we just stop and let things slide we will see how recasts become like "Factories" and co. did in the Blythe community. They will be everywhere, nobody cares anymore and if you actually are against them you are a dick.
There are lots of collectors who only know a hobby that includes recasts already now. Guess how it will be like when the older collectors vanish and less people speak up against them.
>>
>>6493010
I don't think a newbie would even know the difference with the factory Blythe thing desu...
>>
>>6492931
>>6492981
guess who put that fairyland doll back up, payments made are non refundable.
>>
File: give-me-the-wretched-name.jpg (14KB, 431x203px) Image search: [Google]
give-me-the-wretched-name.jpg
14KB, 431x203px
>>6493023
>>
>>6493035
It's Jenni. Those are her dolls. She is on a few FB groups, 100% special snowflake.
>>
Glad to see theres more than one person not happy with the special snowflake
>>
>>6493052
I am surprised she hasn't been shunned by the AU comm, she is a nightmare. Seriously what kind of idiot messages someone like 20 times at 1am after they were told that they had work early and were trying to sleep, does she not know how to read a clock?
>>
>>6493072

Theres a few of us wanting to out this special snowflake. Meets have become awkward, people are growing tired of the late night messages, the idiocy of being told the same thing over and over again.
Even talk of an intervention.
Personally I want to write up a list of wrongs and glue them to.her dolls face... better than she does with those spider eyelashes
>>
>>6493079
I think my main gripes are her literally hearing her claim artist work as her own and trying to con people into selling their dolls to her and her "internet friends", and bringing her mother and dog to events, one tried to claim another persons doll as her boyfriend and the other peed on someones doll, I'll let you guess which one is which. She also lies point blank that her dog is an assistance dog in order to make people feel sorry for her and allow her to bring it to meets and their houses, but we all know that is a lie since it peed on a doll at a meet.
>>
>>6493079
>>6493090
Time to take out the trash Australia.
>>
>>6493093
How would you recommend doing the deed?
>>
>>6493093
Not to mention her dolls reek of cat piss... its surprising she has been able to have so many doll sales and zero refunds
>>
>>6493102
I honestly want to "rescue" her dolls and give them a bath with Isocol and take off all the crap she glued to them off and all that, definitely new elastic, gotta get rid of that kitty smell...
>>
>>6493093
She's in Melbourne. Sadly I can't help there haha.
>>
>>6493113
Honestly it needs to be something severe enough for her to drop everything to do with the community and then sell the whole lot of dolls. She did it with lolita fashion. Can't be too hard.
>>
File: tumblr_l59ex0qxPR1qa340go1_500.jpg (94KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l59ex0qxPR1qa340go1_500.jpg
94KB, 500x667px
>>6493017
A Blythe newbie? Yeah, but in the Blythe comm there is pretty much zero done to educate people on that matter. They tend to be in other subforums among a bigger forum, but they are pretty much accepted as part of the hobby and seen everywhere.
Unless you actively ask about them out of curiosity you will never get to know the deal about them or any other Blythe bootlegs.

It's just exhausting when you have zero interest in bootlegs of any kind and then look around in Blythe forums and sales communities and it's like 99% customs made on fakes. I mean, of course, if you manage to customize one nicely and then sell it for the usual crazy Blythe price you make a lot of money. But it gets annoying quickly, and it waters down the pool of skilled customizers. Because the investment is so small everyone and their mom tries to make a shitty custom (like with MH).
On the other side you have the "buying stock dolls only" people, who are super boring. Not to mention the "how dare you customizing a perfectly fine legit doll, buy a factory instead!!1" people that will actively write you messages to keep you from customizing your doll (happened to me when I posted that I will carve my Miss Sally Rice and it wasn't the first time I had seen it happening).
Overall the Blythe community is mostly shit and boring af.

>>6493096
It's Australia, just drive her out into the bush and let nature do the rest.

>>6493102
Honestly, if she always acts that crazy I'd rather burn the doll than try to get a refund out of her.
>>
Sounds like best and easiest option is to blame the snowflakes recast dragon
>>
>>6493113
I know the Melb comm want her gone, but she has expressed that she would commit suicide if she was "bullied". I know it's not bullying and we are really at the end of our tethers but we are concerned that there could be even 1% of a chance that she would suicide, we need to be careful that she is only just being manipulative because "causing" a suicide by excluding her even if we have good reasons would be bad for us, and it will involve legal mumbojumbo which nobody wants. I am completely aware that this is a form of emotional blackmail and I'm close to screaming right in her face about it, but you know don't poke the crazy right....
>>
>>6493133
She actually has a legit cert for that, a group of us checked up on it. But it's by a pro recast seller so same same right....
>>
>>6493134
When we started to get crazies into our local group we just stopped announcing our meets openly and just did everything in private. If someone new wanted to get in, they had to be invited by one of us.

How do you guys handle it? I mean, I wouldn't let her into my house anymore after the whole pissing thing, especially if she's crazy and blackmails you guys.
>>
>>6493139
Clarifying: I mean, if she doesn't know that you guys have meets she can't complain that she is not being invited.
>>
>>6493139
I actually found out about her before she had the chance to go crazy on me, being the Comm Unicorn (rarely at meets but solid friends with a lot of the comm), at meets for me it's a solid ignore, I have also ignored her 50 or so inboxes and her friend request. My other not so lucky friends need to turn off their computers and phones completely at night, but they have been emotionally blackmailed for not responding, and complained at for not letting her come over or have "play dates" with her dog. Her behavior is not okay, she even complained when I was called "bestie" at a meet by someone she says is her best friend, like her world was spinning out of control and lost it like a five year old, she has mental issues.
If she somehow found out we were "meeting up" behind her back then she would explode, and while I wouldn't be the one she cries to, a lot of my good friends would be and I don't want to put them through that, it would be really really stressful and messy.
>>
>>6493139
Silence about meet is good and all, till you start hearing over and over again the paranoid questions of "why is no one talking to me?" Then comes the emotional blackmail. Then comes the sulking to everyone in the community.
Its kind of a vicious cycle
>>
>>6493134
I totally understand that when someone threatens suicide it can be a sticky wicket to be in. But if the entire comm are saying she's impacting their enjoyment of the hobby/participation in the comm, something really should be done.
I'm in NSW so I don't really know how your comms set up. Is it recast neutral or..? If she has one like >>6493133 said (unless the dragon is metaphorical and not resin) that might be a way to deter her from coming.

But if you aren't ACTUALLY bullying her (which, no, participating in a hobby with only people you like does not constitute bullying) the legal stuff would be minimal at best. Without being cynical, not as much is done when someone commits suicide as should be.

Sorry to be in such a situation, though. I thought that was more an American thing, kinda sad to hear it happens on my shores.
>>
>>6493158
>>6493159
Makes sense.

I do agree with >>6493165 though, unless there is solid proof (i.e. miles of messages of you guys saying nasty shit to her, telling her to kill herself etc.) there will probably nothing legally be done against you. You can't be blamed for politely ignoring someone that makes you uncomfortable.

I guess sooner or later you need to face her wrath and just flat out do that intervention and afterwards block her everywhere.
It will be nasty, and probably take a while, but else it never stops or only gets even worse.
>>
>>6492479
Yeah, Victoria quit around that time. RIP.

This alquaev person got busted for putting a fake cert in with a doll they were selling a few years ago and got irate and b& from DoA.

>>6493116
How long has this person been into BJDs? I have somewhat of a feeling I know who this is, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>6493126
I feel like the difference is that BJDs mostly all come completely nude and bald, etc. whereas Blythes don't. I'm not going to lie, it does kill me a little inside whenever I see a customizer use a very nice doll (of any kind besides BJDs) that's brand new and not even bait at all, but I realize that's largely jelly on my part.
>>
>>6493134
I don't know who we're talking about or the backstory here, but if she's emotionally manipulating an entire community like this, maybe it is better if she kills herself.
>>
File: tumblr_mxjyjtUY0g1sxpgzmo1.jpg (92KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxjyjtUY0g1sxpgzmo1.jpg
92KB, 750x500px
>>6493271
>got busted for putting a fake cert in with a doll they were selling
What the fuck

>>6493297
Yes, because BJDs were always meant to be customized/put together, whereas Blythe started out as a toy and with Neo Blythe turned into a collectable fashion doll. People pretty much forced the customizing onto them. Groove was smart enough to realize that people don't just wanted full-sets and released their MIO kits, but somehow Takara is too stupid for that. Instead of receiving money through blank kits they don't receive any and people instead buy bootlegs and co.

I still prefer people working on genuine dolls though compared to funding theft. Sure I don't like seeing a highly limited doll being butchered, but you can't only win I guess.
Also back then people just accepted they won't get their hands on that Heliot to mod, or realized it would be crazy to go through with their plan, so they went with a cheaper doll. Now they get a recast Heliot.
>>
Quick question: silicone caps under wigs, yea or nay?
>>
>>6493752
They're really useful when you've got a wig that's on the large side.
>>
>>6493271
Two to three years maybe? They have a thing for stickers on minifees if that helps. Honestly its gone for that long its embarrasing
>>
>>6493752
What >>6493756 said.
I always have a couple at home just in case I get an ill-fitting wig/have to swap a wig for a picture onto a smaller head.
They are cheap on Taobao, so I just bought a bunch long ago.
>>
>>6482001
Oh no I didn't know she posted here too. She was so painful to interact with in person. :/
>>
>>6493090
>bringing her mother and dog to events, one tried to claim another persons doll as her boyfriend and the other peed on someones doll, I'll let you guess which one is which.

I'm not an Aussie or particularly interested in this drama but this part made me giggle anon.
>....mental image of a dog humping an El while an old woman pisses on it
>>
>>6493010
>>6493017
>tfw I fell in love with a fake Blythe and bought her knowingly

I didnt know when I fell in love with her that she was, but I researched the doll name to see what it was and had to dig pretty well to find info on fake and factory dolls and how to even tell them apart. Then after that I still decided to buy her.

I feel really shitty for it but I just thought she was better than real Blythes (Im not a fan of the shiny faces on the real ones, and this fake one had a bjd body instead of a silicone barbie like one)

I want to love her and take pictures of her and everything but now im afraid ill just be looked at with shame. I dont even buy replica dresses (lolita fashion).
>>
>>6494210

Part of the reason the blythe fandom doesn't mind factories as much is because of what the company did to foreigners
they treated us like shit with pure Japan exclusives and such for a long time
then there was a rumor that people were being mistreated in their factories, but that was a rumor, I think some older blythe fans believed it, and so factories are kind of a quietly accepted sin but its obviously better to buy a real one
>>
File: tumblr_nobnrh9txA1r88j6zo1_500.jpg (109KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nobnrh9txA1r88j6zo1_500.jpg
109KB, 500x667px
>>6494210
Honestly, at least in the Blythe community nobody will care. Factories and Fakes are extremely common there.
And BJD people tend to either a) have no clue or b) don't care (even if they are against recasts).

By the way, those two things you mentioned can be easily achieved with a genuine one. One layer of MSC is already enough to make the face matte and my Blythe are all hybrids, switched those ugly default bodies for Pure Neemo ones. Not to mention that there are customized genuine dolls too, if you want to have one that is carved, repainted and not a fake.

>>6494288
People mostly accept it because it means cheap custom fodder and because it's a very different community. BJDs are all about small artists, small companies, lots of labor done by a single person. The base itself is seen as a piece of art, while with Blythe the actual doll is just seen as a mass-produced product by a faceless big company. Buying a fake to botcher is no big deal. There is no loyalty towards Takara or emotional attachment.

There is this collector mentality that BJD owners don't tend to have too. Honestly, even if they would produce the best made releases and had no exclusives or whatever people would still buy a shitton of fakes. The fact they can earn a lot more money customizing them and there is zero shame in doing so makes it so popular.
>>
>>6494302
I had no idea you could make their faces matte! Im obviously very very new into any sort of collectable doll hobby and when I think of carving faces or doing face ups I just cringe knowing I would murder any doll I touch.

Thanks for letting me know though, because I love the blythe heads and the eye chips but I also hate the original stock bodies and want the articulation points. Real Blythes arent too overly priced (as long as im not trying to grab one from like the 70's) so I'll probably grab one I like the most and have someone else matte and paint the face. I see a lot of OOAK Blythes on Etsy so im sure I could commission someone!

I consider this little girl I got my first step into BJD even though she technically isnt one.

>>6494288
I read a little bit about the factory mistreatment rumor and well most factories are awful to begin with so I could see it happening.
>>
File: consider 3.png (3MB, 900x734px) Image search: [Google]
consider 3.png
3MB, 900x734px
>>
>>6494527
consider what?
>>
>>6494337
Well, most of the Factory Blythe have shiny faces too.

If you want to keep on buying Blythe, do as I did: buy genuine ones with a skintone you like, find a Blythe artist who is willing to carve it for you and then send it to be painted to a BJD artist.

It's in the end usually a lot cheaper than buying a finished custom and totally your vision, and most BJD artists are a lot better painters than the Blythe ones and usually cheaper too. So far none of them turned me down either, it's something new for their portfolio and Blythe got easy to paint heads.
Blythe artists often can't paint worth a damn because all they do is blushing and usually skip lashes/eyebrows. However, the prices are crazy in the Blythe community, so while carvings are usually worth their price (it's very exhausting at times to do and needs lots of skill) the face-ups are not.
It's just difficult to find artists who are a) offering carving commissions and b) willing to just carve the doll. Since most are making bank with their finished customs it's less appealing to them to just carve and let someone else paint their work, but it can be done.

Things like giving the doll sleeping eyes, changing the body and chips you can easily do yourself. Same for changing the scalp or giving the doll a wig (Coolcat sells smooth domes you can pull a wig over). Buying wigs is often a lot cheaper than commissioning a reroot.
>>
File: nightmelody_1.jpg (133KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
nightmelody_1.jpg
133KB, 400x420px
>>6494761
no clue what happened with the layout of my post there, sorry for the hard to read look
>>
>>6494761
I've been quite keen to get into Bylthe modifications because I tend to find customs adorable whereas the stock dolls belong in a horror game.
I do most of my own work on BJD's so I'm guessing those skills are transferable?
I'd probably totally offer just carving commissions because I find sculpting a lot easier than painting.
But, honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of getting factory blythes and still have NO idea where to get stock blythes that aren't ridic expensive.
>>
>>6494808
I see real Blythes sold on junie moon shop, they have some Neo's and some Middies. Theyre under 200 usd.
>>
>>6494808
Blythe faces are usually carved instead of sculpted (i.e. you cut/sand/dremel the contours out of the existing face instead of building up on them with a clay).
I personally was a lot better at sculpting on top than carving down, might be that you are the same or good at both/it doesn't matter much for you, but generally it's good to have BJD customizing experience. Especially when it comes to face-ups, because those are pretty much the same.

What is tricky is getting comfortable with the more, uh, brute stuff.
Like removing the eyemech (hate that), removing the dome on some versions (the newer ones like RBL, FBL and co. are easy going, but SBL is a nightmare) and so on.
However, there are enough tutorials going around and after a few tries most things are easy (like the mentioned sleeping eyes, changing eyechips etc.). They were not meant to be customized but it is doable.
Try to get used to the terms before though and what's the difference between the available face molds (yes, Blythe have different faces, and this partly includes different mechanisms inside too).

Now the stock Blythe...unfortunately finding some for less than 100$ without shipping is extremely hard. You can look at Mandarake though and see if you find an old release, unfortunately those tend to be SBL, and get one of those. Sometimes they have them without boxes or in need of some care. Same for Blythe groups, but they tend to get snatched there quickly and you need to wade through pages of shitty customs.

But I guess 100-150$ needs to be invested if you just want any legit, without going for translucent, tan or whatever skintones or certain stock scalps and outfits.
>>
>>6494827
Aye thanks

>>6494843
Most of my BJD mods are subtractive, yeah. I use "sculpt" as a broad term as there's still a level of shaping involved in how one removes the material from the base.
But thanks for the info, friend. I didnt think to look on mandarake.
>>
>>6494861
No biggie.
What helped me was to watch videos of artists carving the faces, it might not seem like much but they take off a LOT of material and you can carve surprisingly deep on the plastic faces.

When looking at Manda, I usually took the name of the Blythe, pasted it into google and looked if I found a release of the name (translation is sometimes wonky). Then I checked the release lists to see what type (BL, EBL, SBL etc.) this release was.
https://blythopia.com/
This page helps a lot for example, if you click the numbers at the top you get to a list of Blythe by year.
>>
>>6494827

>under 200 dollars
>a good deal for a blythe

Jesus blythe are overpriced. They are a mass produced abs/vinyl doll with shitty bodies almost no face paint and shiny faces. Like I get why pullip are expensive but you basically have to completely change blythe to make her a quality doll. Tbh factory blythe make more sense to buy because they often come on a better body and Takada clearly doesn't give a shit about the west or what their fan base wants.

I don't think fairyland shitty business practices justify recasting but with blythe I can't help but shrug.
>>
>>6494761
>most BJD artists are a lot better painters than the Blythe ones and usually cheaper too
Cheaper, yes. Better? No. The Blythe community, cringey and concerning as it may be, is full of great customizers. There are a handful of good BJD artists. Good Blythe customizers are all over the place.
>>
>>6495060
But that's impossible anon! Remember, factory girls being much cheaper has watered down the talent pool of blythe customizers! :)
>>
File: 8046895816_5b4166ff3a_o.jpg (347KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
8046895816_5b4166ff3a_o.jpg
347KB, 900x600px
>>6495060
Most western Blythe artists don't even paint lashes or eyebrows. Their carving, and sometimes modding work (like the really crazy customs), is often outstanding and really good, but the regular paint jobs are mostly meh and/or on the simple side (i.e. blushing and freckles).

>>6495069
Dude, did you ever check the Blythe sales groups on FB?
It's like wading through pages and pages of "I bought a factory, made a minimal carving, blushed it a little and now want something of the Blythe custom cake after I saw how much GBaby makes".
Honestly doubt you had many of those if everyone of them had been forced to pay 200+$ for the base first.
>>
>>6493139
I think this is what the local group in my old city did eventually. There was at least one local hueg genderspecial attention whore, and the wishy washy orbiters that go with one. Now the only public meets I see photographic proof of are fucking terrible, absolutely no products NOT from junky spot, Alice's, or MoC. Where did all the Els and 4 sisters from 10 years ago go? You know the owners didn't trade them in for chipped Meis and Feis.
>>
>>6495280
My guess is mostly still with their former owners but just kept in their boxes or sitting around; many people probably have enough sentiment towards them to keep them even if not part of the community/actively posting them, especially since everyone was all about 'bonding ' back then, and often had gone thru quite a bit of trouble to get them.

I can see people just keeping them indefinitely even if not participating in the hobby any longer.
>>
>>6495280
A customizer I like worked on a Freya and Freyr from junkyspot, are they supposed to be bad? I thought the quality of those two at least was really nice and they were super cute.
>>
So I have a Dollfie Dream that got stained through a Cool Cat body suit. Getting the stains off the doll was not a problem but the body suit its self also stained and running it though the was with normal detergent and using a tide pen like stain remover both had no effect on the staining. Has anybody had a similar experience or an idea of how to get stains out of this spandex/lycra-like fabric?
>>
>>6495747
baking soda and coldest water you can get. if you used hot water, it may have already set in to the point where it won't come out, you need to change the ph to get those sort of stains out of synthetics
if not, dry cleaner
>>
>>6495597
Freya/Freyr are made by Hujoo, Junkyspot is only a dealer and doesn't produce own BJDs.
They are made of vinyl and okay for their price, just nothing special.

What anon means is that the mentioned meet is basically full of people with basic taste/no interest in looking further than their own country/lack of experience/lack of funds etc.
People with gorgeous dolls usually don't exclusively shop from there.

>>6495747
Care to share which one it was? I remember that they had mentioned that even some of the lighter colors stain, which is why I so far sticked to white only.
>>
>>6495774
Well it went in with the delicates, so the machine should have used cold tap water, maybe there is still a chance. I will try soaking it in ice water and baking soda when I can get some, thank you.

>>6495787
【MDPN-06】MDD Close-Fitting Clothing(S7)# Light Skin
Yeah I feel like I remember reading that somewhere too when I bought it but I cant find reference to it now. It only stained severely where the fabric was really stretched and push out from the body, i.e. the nipples.
>>
>>6495747
Can you clarify if the suit itself stained the doll or if dark clothes worn over it stained the doll? The fact that the suit is stained too made me assume the latter (dark clothes + suit failing), but other anon sounds like they thought it was the former (light colored suit causes stain)
>>
>>6495787
Hujoo Freya/Freyr are ABS, not vinyl - probably just a slip, but for the other Anon's info
>>
>>6495597
Dollightful?
>>
>>6496008
Sorry, yes, you are correct of course. My brain farted a little because of the DD post I replied too.

>>6495920
This, it sounds more to me like the suit got stained and dye leaked through it, not that the suit itself stained the body.
I meant the latter though.
>>
>>6496029
Yes. I really like her videos and her style.
>>
>>6497130
Same, anon. She seems chill and fun and like a real human being, which is more than I can say for the more popular BJD youtubers
>>
File: Untitled.png (97KB, 420x176px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
97KB, 420x176px
Who will I laugh at on youtube now?
>>
>>6486643

A lityle late but I consider this

https://youtu.be/rIZFcZOr9q8

a good bjd review. She has the doll well lit and in focus. Shes not in the frame herself (fuck people who review dolls while holding them up and mostly just filming themselves) and she has enough dolls/jointing knowhow to know when shit is just poorly designed and not functioning as intended.

If that chick had a patreon I'd subscribe to it just so she could buy bodies and review them.
>>
File: 31511089450_e1df7a54d4_o.jpg (500KB, 2303x1181px) Image search: [Google]
31511089450_e1df7a54d4_o.jpg
500KB, 2303x1181px
>>6497874
That's a pretty good review, I agree.

It does mostly only go into what I mentioned at the bottom though, i.e. it is a pure body review, so the mentioned points at the top don't apply re: what to review on a BJD.
And for the review to be helpful it is best to have some experience yourself.
Like I can tell what she is trying to show and explain (like the way the legs are strung) and I recognize the weaknesses in the model from my own experience handling a couple dozen BJDs.

But yes, that's a good review for an informed audience. Subtitles and/or graphics with the basic informating showing up for a moment would be nice too (like the stuff she rattles off in the beginning), but it's a solid video. She also poses and tests in a way I am sure most people would not have attempted and gets out more of the body than the majority of buyers most likely did/do.
However, it does show that you really need someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to handling a BJD, and that just getting it out of the box and posing a little does not cut it (like it is with most toys). Like give that body to a newb and they will say it sucks balls, end of story.
>>
Hey there, I've always been vaguely interested in BJDs, but I never knew where to start really. Is there a recommended store or location to get a doll? I apologize if that's in the FAQ, I gave it a read through but might not have seen it.
>>
>>6498139
>>6497874
Ya'll are making me wanna go record body vids coz I have so many different bodies and nothing better to do
>>
>>6499105
Dolls are purchased online from, generally, overseas stores.

Some countries have dealers. For example, Denver Doll Emporium, The Junky Spot or Doll Peddlar for the USA. Meaning, these shops will buy the dolls, import them from other countries, and you buy them from these shops.

BJDCollectasy (in the OP) has a list of doll shops. You buy from them, they send the doll to your country.

>list of Dolls under $300 USD
https://denofangels.com/doawiki/index.php?title=BJDs_Under_$300!
>>
>>6499117
>https://denofangels.com/doawiki/index.php?title=BJDs_Under_$300!
Remember that the 1/12 dolls listed here are pure shit.
>>
>>6499140
Yeah, but it at least gives noobs a place to start.
>>
File: 16295550093_8aae0a942e_o.jpg (423KB, 986x653px) Image search: [Google]
16295550093_8aae0a942e_o.jpg
423KB, 986x653px
>>6499105
One anon wrote a new guide once, but somehow the old one never got updated/added to the OP.
Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1grB6HlGb8DHzvNp0_dtJePXvazwUNW0bsfVN2Svzl0g/edit

There are additional links in there for more reading that are helpful too. Spend some time going to through this guide, read all other linked stuff and then come back with specific questions.

>>6499114
Honestly, do it. Well produced content is always good to have.
>>
>>6499149
Forgetting about the material, in that price range it's better to buy a picconeemo.

I would love, for example, some dolls from batchix in the 1/12 scale, but they are all bigger.
>>
File: Capture.png (63KB, 206x190px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63KB, 206x190px
>>6497607

don't worry anon
>>
>>6497607
Is she bitching about ad rates? It looks like she posts a new video almost every day, but they rarely go over 1000 views, so she's probably not even earning $1 per video to start with.
>>
>>6499363
Oh good, I can cackle away.

>>6499459
The majority of her videos aren't being monetized for reasons she can't figure out.
And admits she makes like 70 bucks a month you YT.

Just for a point of comparison, Andreja makes an estimated $10-$100 a day.
>>
>>6499163
Does anyone know where I can find the shirt in that pic (or something similar) for an adult size Dollchateau?
>>
>>6499467
With so many people shrieking about their low quality vids getting demonitized because of muh politics, it's nice to see one that's just clean cut not advertiser friendly due to low quality dark bedroom video, lots of nudity, worthless subject matter, and honestly teenagers and unwashed housewives watching mirodoll reviews on YouTube aren't buying anything anywhere except Equate tampons and Great Value brand microwave pizzas.
>>
>>6500149
kek'd so fucking hard. Thank you anon.
>>
>>6500149
I ugly cackled omg.

Ok not gonna lie, I did get one of those Mirodoll 'New' bodies last year because it matches Doll In Mind Flowne just about perfectly. I'm also still kinda new to the hobby so I didn't wanna get something too expensive incase the color was really off (it was on sale for $65), and at the time I had heard good things about them and bad things about DIM bodies. Double checked color matches on DoA and FB groups and all that fun research. The order came in perfectly with no issues and within 4-5 weeks, same with the shoes and stuff I got with it.

This year seems to be doing really badly for Mirodoll, they've gone downhill a LOT. The fb group has had orders come in full of issues, varying from messed up dolls to extreme delays in shipping. One lady was bitching about a custom faceup and that whole thing was an ugly mess, but that was her being a bitch more than anything else. They also had a different batch of pink at one point so the NS color was waaaaay off for awhile, which screwed up a LOT of people who were buying for hybrids. I believe the company also had a death in the family so that added a lot of stress. I remember they didn't handle responses too well with the issues at first, but unless I'm mistaken they did fix the NS batches.

I can't say now that I'd recommend them with everything going on, plus the more I learn the more I see their posing is kinda 'eh' at best. My other doll is a Resinsoul and that one poses a lot better, though I probably need to tighten the Mirodoll's strings too, so that might be part of it as well. When I'm in a better spot financially, I would like to upgrade to a better posing body.

Also I think what weirded me out about the fb group was that you weren't allowed to say anything bad about the dolls or the company, which got harder to uphold with the more issues they were having.
>>
>>6500149
you have a way with words
>>
File: mandarake engrish.png (165KB, 862x492px) Image search: [Google]
mandarake engrish.png
165KB, 862x492px
That's like, deep, man.
>>
File: 10016606306_9db0907daa_z.jpg (150KB, 469x640px) Image search: [Google]
10016606306_9db0907daa_z.jpg
150KB, 469x640px
>>6501559
Funny you mentioned this. I bought a YoSD awhile back from Manda and the engrish for "yellowed from the sun" translated into "seared". I can see this scaring the shit out of first timers, but it's still hilarious.
>>
for dolls with more yellowed complexions what colours are best to use for blushing?
>>
>>6501794
fuschia, neon green, black
>>
>>6501559
lmao that one is amazing
I have a bunch of goofy Mandy screencaps in my doll images folder which aren't independantly funny enough to post but are weird enough that i can't bring myself to delete them
>>
>>6501794
>>6502160
...other anon has to be joking.
Generally, more reds and pinks than in a less yellowed doll. Yellowing removes the red pigments from the resin so you sort of want to put them back. Meanwhile, use less browns and grays than normal.
>>
File: halloweenchibis.jpg (35KB, 682x960px) Image search: [Google]
halloweenchibis.jpg
35KB, 682x960px
>>6501794
purples cancel out yellow, i had quite a yellowed white skin fairyland girl once and i repainted her with purples, lilacs, cool toned greys and browns.

speaking of purple. looks like im getting a chibi unoa this september. fuck. goddamn you unoalchemy!

but now to decide, blue or purple? cant tell which i like more. im leaning toward blue.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503893008717.jpg (47KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503893008717.jpg
47KB, 528x960px
What a treasure I've found on Facebook.
>>
Looking for advice from anyone here who makes eyes/works with UV resin. I'm trying to produce eyes for a project around the scale of 40mm but would like to use UV resin and all the typical procedures of making bjd eyes, as in cast sclera, etc. My question is if the UV doming resin you guys use will allow me to get a good, realistic cornea dome at that scale. I have only worked in epoxy and am not experientially familiar with the properties of other kinds. Any advice would be appreciated before I drop the cash on it.
>>
>>6502439
Blue
For the longest time I had the blue sky skin on Subeta and its a really nice aesthetic, it had clouds painted on.
You're free to do whatever you want though, of course.
>>
>>6502993
just WHY
>>
>>6502439
Would go with blue, feels like you can do more with it and if necessary you can still go into a more purple aesthetic with the face-up.
>>
>>6502993
Nightmare fuel
>>
File: Lemonjelly.jpg (590KB, 660x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Lemonjelly.jpg
590KB, 660x1454px
Apparently lemon jelly owns super unique concepts like
Putting pretty things inside eyes
>>
>>6503486
#uniquedesign
That's hilarious.
>>
>>6503182
>>6503311
yeah, i do think blue would be more versatile. im thinking blue with bright pink eyes, maybe a white/pink/blue wig.
>>
>>6503486
As if. If anything, she's copying years and years of anime character designs, fairy-kei illustrations (side note- what is it with people in this hobby thinking they can claim fairy-kei aesthetics as their own creations?), fashion illustration, and the entire fucking Blythe fandom because honestly their eyes are so damn big that you just GOTTA put something in there.
>>
>>6503486
I looked at the eyes he makes, it look tacky in my opinion. Plus his designs are not all that original either
>>
>>6503486
>>6503733

Even worse they then made a 'boohoo for me the poor artist" post to garner sympathy for being called out. It would be different of they were making OOAK hand painted eyes or so ming but their just putting already made shit in eyes. Anyone could do it.
>>
>>6502993
Even dolls can get fucked by sunless tanner.

No but really, is acrylic paint really that hard for some people?
>>
Hey, just saw this thread in the catalog and I'm somewhat interested, specifically in the cat ones from the thread pic (even though i have nowhere near the budget to get them, lol)

Anyways, just a quick question- Are recasts generally looked down on in this community? And if so, is it more of a quality issue or a respect issue? If those Pipos cats are recast for a decent price, I might bite the bullet..
>>
>>6504306
Recast is essentially the support theft of intellectual property
>>
>>6504306
Yes, they are looked down upon. You know how with normal art/illustrations, you sometimes hear that an artist's work was stolen and printed on a t-shirt that they made no money off of, or sold in the artist alley at an anime convention? Same thing. Just as tacky and just as much like taking a shit on the artist who made something you like. On top of that, at least in those situations people usually don't know what they're buying, but with recasts the people buying it just don't give a fuck.

...you'd know this if you'd bothered to read the OP, by the way.
>>
>>6503486
They deleted that post. I wonder if people called them out on their bullshit.

Also why bring in the cubeco eye molds? At least if they used them their scleras wouldnt look like a damn mess
>>
File: Lemonjelly2.png (687KB, 928x598px) Image search: [Google]
Lemonjelly2.png
687KB, 928x598px
>>6503486
I think my insta was malfunctioning when I capped this, because by the time I clicked thru to his page, i couldn't find it, but i could still access this post in my recommended thingie.

Anyway, this is the follow up he posted.

The funniest thing for me is that, I am vehemently anti-recast and anti-art theft, but I have no sympathy for him because he made an attempt to claim IP that can't be claimed. You can't claim basic things like making eyes out of resin and holo stickers in my country as an artists unique idea; its too vague and denies other artists the opportunity to do the same thing but in different ways.

Unless someone was literally copying designs down to the stickers used and the placement of them, off centre as they are, in which case, call them out. But no, had to be polite and make a vague post so as to not hurt anyones feelings.
That's a whole 'nother issue tho.
>>
>>6502439
Uuuugh, I'd love to snag a purple one but I haven't got the money at the moment. Unoalchemy did say that maybe next year they'd be bringing out the MSD boys in Paradise Skin, so I'm kind of hoping to jump on that.
>>
As anon mentioned here >>6486558, there was a recent dramu concerning Amadiz studio, and well, it has dredged up some interesting things. Someone even took the effort to translate the most impressive examples of their fuck ups here: http://amadizreality.tumblr.com/
Majority is customer complaints about wigs not meeting expectations, but there are also some revelations about the outfits that made me cackle. Somewhere out there someone's doll is wearing a dress made out of these ladies' old underwear.
>>
File: 27791564264_ee9023460c_o.jpg (311KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
27791564264_ee9023460c_o.jpg
311KB, 1000x1333px
>>6504720
That was me. I have some friends in the russian community and shit, we really miss a lot of drama there.
I actually spent some time digging through this website:
https://holywarsoo.net/viewtopic.php?id=1736

Google translate helps, but there's an English version in the sticky at top too.
I never liked them, but it fills me with glee to know they are even worse than expected and that people finally talk about it. Now kinda glad they ignored my numerous messages back then (wanted to commission them for an outfit, but they only replied once after a month of waiting and afterwards ignored any further messages).
>>
>>6504720
>old pillowcases used to clean up a leaky pipe and then made into doll clothes
jesus christ that's a new level of cheapskate
>>
File: FB_IMG_1504023360333.jpg (41KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504023360333.jpg
41KB, 528x960px
>>6502993
The nightmare continues.
>>
>>6504720
>http://amadizreality.tumblr.com/
Wow, that was depressing to go through. I guess their dolls really were too beautiful to be real after all.
>>
>>6504838
>female dolls fearful look
>Hello Kitty sheet/pink pillow case

I get that its a kid but I can't help but wonder if this is a legit doll. Who lets their kid destroy a doll like that.
>>
>>6505753
Seeing as their owner is a grown ass adult, no one.
>>
>>6505753
What makes you think it's "a kid"? Or perhaps you're unexposed enough to the kind of eye poison produced by actual adults in this hobby, using their hundreds of dollars worth of resin, to assume that only a child would make this monstrosity. But sadly that's not so.
>>
>>6503486
It's very cute and all, but nothing about the style is unique. This person can't just claim putting flowers in bjd eyes as their idea, that makes no sense. No wonder they're getting a lot of backlash from it. It reminds me a little bit of the whole Fine Bros. and trying to claim the word 'react' on Youtube last year. You can't just claim an idea that's already been done.

>>6502993
>>6505753
I really thought that was a kid as well, but I just saw new posts of him on the facebook group and they are indeed posted by an adult.
>>
>>6504838
It could just be my phone screen, but the pillowcase(?) looks suspiciously yellowed, like somebody doesn't know to wash the decorative bedding, or just not sleep directly on it.
>>
>>6503795

Yep saw that post.
DESU why are they even slightly popular?? Their eyes are shit!!
>>
File: myou_zuzana_01.jpg (126KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
myou_zuzana_01.jpg
126KB, 700x1050px
I just saw that Dika is discontinuing a ton of their old molds. If you wanted Summer, Autumn, or Bianca, better get on that.
>>
>>6502439
Just adding, cus I've seen this mentioned before. Layering purples in makeup will cancel out yellow but merely dressing in them may enhance it. Color theory and all that bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_6323.png (565KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6323.png
565KB, 1242x2208px
TBHHHH fuck this bitch. She complains about the DollyGoddess myfroggystuff making fidget spinners and thennn
>>
File: IMG_6322.png (496KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6322.png
496KB, 1242x2208px
>>6507327

Thennnnn tells people to not make their doll girlie?? Like wtf
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (116KB, 227x390px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
116KB, 227x390px
>>6507291
He whored himself out to PintSizePalace and now she pimps for him on her YT and Insta, so people with low quality standards flock to him because hes cheap and finishes his eyes in a few days at most.
>>
File: whhaat.png (731KB, 1220x686px) Image search: [Google]
whhaat.png
731KB, 1220x686px
Speaking of PSP, does this kinda blow anyone elses mind?
I thought Andreja only followed people of a certain quality standard, but apparently not.
>>
>>6507535
Maybe Andreja's pitying her.
Or maybe she did it to laugh at her crusty work but she doesn't seem the mean type.
Or to her she's the craftwork equivalent of an ugly friend.
>>
>>6506299
Ive only seen kid produced eye poison. This is.. a whole new thing if its an adult. wow
>>
>>6507541
or maybe you know, shes supporting someone she thinks might have a rough start now but might have some serious talent in a year or two of practice.
I think her stuff now is pretty fucking bad, but I also think she has a better start than some shit I've seen. Maybe in two, three years, she will be really impressive if she manages to stick with it that long.
>>
>>6507541
Part of me secretly hopes Andreja is a massive bitch to low quality doll hobbyists because it clashes so completely with the persona she presents to the public
>>
>>6507535
>>6507541
>>6507545
>>6507550
>>6507563

It say "Supported By Sarah Wandzz" meaning Sarah Wandzz gives money to Andreja. Learn to read folks.
>>
>>6507564
Oh damn, my bad. Can't believe I misread that bad.
Weird tho, I'm a patron of Andreja and Ive never seen PSP on her page at all
>>
>>6507563
I want to believe she's nice and that nice people exist.

How is Andreja stuff on patreon ?
>>
>>6507594
Pretty good, they're nicely edited and the sound quality isn't fucking terrible like the majority of youtube doll hobbyists, which is the main reason I follow her.

A lot of the time, I personally, don't learn much from her videos because I've done the same research as her, and make the same things that she does.
Someone who hasn't put in the hours of research watching sub par quality content to learn will definitely benefit from her videos.

I wouldn't go back and buy some of her old series' (Making of Luna for example) unless you intend to actually recreate the object in question; she repeats a lot of her ideas throughout every series she makes, so if you want basic ideas, you'll get them by jumping in whenever.
For example, the way she makes the hair buns in the Making of Luna series is the same as the technique in her Candy Wig tutorials.
>>
>>6507612

I signed on to Andreas pattern for one payment and promptly canceled my subscription. The way she has her old content blocked is fucking retarded. It's the most complicated patreon setup I've ever seen for fucking doll tutorials.
>>
Anybody else gonn make a new thread?
>>
Hell I may even start making BJD eyes just to be better at it then this lemon jelly shop
>>
>>6510370
Yeah that's why I mentioned it in >>6507612
But unless you're actually gonna use it, you don't necessarily need it.

>>6510655
Plz do. I need a specific pair of eyes and dont have anyone to commission them from since most people don't do the size i need.
>>
>>6511040
What size do you need? I like making doll eyes. Unfortunately, this results in an excessive amount of eyes. I should set up a shop or something. Anyway, my dolls all have small eye sizes so if you needed something small, I might have something for you.
>>
How is the market on resin accessories right now? Like shoes, headgear, props? I'd like to make some stuff but I'm really out of touch with what the community in general likes since I only really interact with friends nowadays. Guessing minifee scale right?
>>
>>6511585
10mm and small iris 12mm

>>6512416
Damn skippy i'd want custom stuff.
But yeah MNF scale is your best bet. Your issue would be keeping costs low since I know resin casting can be kinda pricey
>>
>half of sewing tutorial threads on DoA have broken photobucketshit image links
welp
>>
>>6513266
Try searching youtube videos. You can find tutes for just about anything.
>>
>>6512602
I'm mostly just experimenting with the stuff at Michaels and some cheap UV resin thats been posted about in the /cgl/ craft threads so the cost is low so far. My test casts for headphones (which my mold is seriously shit for but thats why its a test) took about one ounce of resin, and the full pack of 20oz was $8 so I think that's pretty fair. Honestly the thing that's the biggest pain right now is the actual sculpting because holy shit it is hard to get two shoes symmetrical but mirrored.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>6515698
>>6515698
>>6515698
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.