[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General : The wait for Venom edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 70

File: C-046KFVwAAS4kb.jpg (129KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-046KFVwAAS4kb.jpg
129KB, 675x1200px
Curious how anons reacts to the cut swivel only hip and knees.

>MAY
Deadpool

>JUNE
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Woody(Re-Release)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)

>TBA
Wolverine
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

Previous >>6272745

I thought Revoltech related official websites were all dead, scattered around but I guess Kenelephant has the SciFi Revo one active for the current lineups.

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/

And Vulcanlog too why not

http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
>>
>>6309701
Are revoltech toys difficult/expressive to get if you don't preorder?
>>
>>6309715
They are expressive lol. The recent Marvel ones you should pre-order they tend to sell out. But also likely to reissue. The companies are taking an approach of not keeping unsold stock. Unlikely to drop in prices.

You should try to get them when they come out.

Vulcanlogs used to get discounted as they overproduced them, but that might change, for example with the Monster Hunter series ones.
>>
The knees are good, better range than i was expecting.
>>
>>6309701
Mine is on the way. I have been so excited for this figure but got some buyers remorse when I got hit with the payment request. Man, is is very expensive for a revo. He better be fun as fuck. I know he will be I just haven't been very into marvel lately. /blogpost
>>
>>6309701
Oh this exists separately, confusing.

http://kt-jizai.com/

There, three official websites for the active lines. Older stuff is all over haha.
>>
>>6309421
Sorry for reposting, I didn't realize the thread was nearly dead.
>>
Oh Whoa, just found this.

REVOLTECH REBOOT!!

http://kaiyodo.co.jp/revoltech/reboot/

I will summarize it in a bit.
>>
>>6309757
>untranslatable pictures of text instead of just text
Godspeed anon, we're counting on you. This doesn't look like anything particularly new though.
>>
>>6309757
Basically, entering the 11th year they will change things up.

1 - They will have a core selection that are high in demand and great for long term collecting.

2 - We will have a year long release schedule announced.

3 - If an item runs out of stock, we will re-release them (I'm assuming they are talking only of new items, not having different Legacy release). The point is to have a constant supply.

4 - Release "Revoltech Standard List" catalog this summer. (Magazine? What ever is listed on this catalog seems to be the Revoltechs that will be in constant supply)

So, some of this we are starting to see with the quick rerelease of Amazing line. Very interesting to see if we see a change in future selections. Not sure how this affects other lines like Vulcanlogs.
>>
>>6309763
Oh it's a picture? Fuck gaijins I guess.
>>
>>6309763
Oh contraire. It actually sounds pretty interesting. From a VERY rough translation, what I gather is first they're rebooting the franchise and rereleasing shit. But it sounds like they're going to try some sort of all new business model. Something about selling them direct, actually it sounds like they're suggesting that they're going to be made to order. It said they don't want anyone to be upset about sold out figures or aftermarket prices anymore
>>
>>6309771
Reading the first point again, I get the feeling they might be restocking some old favorites, so it might be like having a Legacy series in a way.

It is vague, can't be sure until this catalog comes out.
>>
I also find it highly exciting that wolverines souloete says X-MEN on it! Sounds like we will be getting more!
>>
>>6309780
Yeah the 3rd one.

I think the main change is they will have a select group of revoltechs that will always be in stock.

Reminds me of Gundam models, they always make more to keep the general selection the same.
>>
>>6309780
OK, that does sound cool, I saw the evas and figured it was just another run. It'd be nuts if kaiyodo of all companies managed to fix the feast or famine problem with stocking high end stuff, but I'd welcome it.
>>
>>6309795
It's very futuristic if I may say so
>>
>>6309780
I think from this new catalog, stores or sites can order more additional Revoltechs. And I assume the Kaiyodo's own stores will have them all available too.

I am worried this might decrease the rate of new releases though. Might stay like it is now too.
>>
>>6309780
Just so you know, it's au contraire, not oh contraire.
>>
File: eva 00 2.png (226KB, 265x533px) Image search: [Google]
eva 00 2.png
226KB, 265x533px
>>6309754
Probably better if I attach what I posted last thread instead.
I looked into the older ones, and found the older Eva 00, but the reviews said one of the legs snapped easily. Is this the case, or did they make mistakes?
>>
>>6309796
Oh they will definitely have the Evas for sure.

...I was hoping Yamaguchi will make another new version, but this pretty much kills that possibility.
>>
>>6309813
What the fuck are trying to do with these things?! Sounds fucking stupid whatever it is.
>>
>>6309813
Mine was fine.

It uses simple swivel joints so you can force it the wrong way and break it, but it's rare.
>>
>>6309818
Thanks, I've got all the information I need now.
>>
>>6309814
Oh I'm dumb, I didn't scroll down all the way.

Ohhhhh it does say future new release for Evangelion as well, in addition to rereleases of old one.

I need to read all of this, hold on.
>>
>>6309831
My dream is a reissue of 08 with non-shitty paint, and a completely new MP eva. Honestly I'm set for the main cast.
>>
Are the Marvel Revos in scale with Raiden?
>>
>>6309831
>>6309771
Okay, they only new information here is that Evangelion E$volution will be a new separate brand, 01 and 03 will be rereleased in Fall, and will have a monthly schedule after that.

AND ANY NEW EVA ITEMS TOBE RELEASED WILL BE PART OF THIS BRAND.

So yeah, seems like there will be new Eva stuff.

Not sure how much of the Takey and Movie Revo lineups will get rereleased.

They don't have an appropriate brand listed for the older Revoltechs (Yamaguchi, QB, etc) so it might not happen after all like it did with Legacy.

And I'm guessing Gamera will just be part of Movie Revo.
>>
>>6309842
08 should happen.

Newly sculpted non-Rebuid Evas? mmmm I really want some, done like the Amazing Revos. I think that would be the smart thing to do.
>>
>>6309847
Roughly. Well with in range I suppose. Spider-Man is slightly taller so take that as you will.
>>
>>6309867
But the disparity wouldn't be like a regular and a mini. because I didn't realize Raiden wasn't a mini when I bought him, S. Snake, and V. Snake. When they finally arrived I was mucho disappointed.
>>
>>6309870
Raiden is regular size and looks normal next to 1/12 size figures.
>>
>>6309890
I know that.
I didn't know that BEFORE buying him, though.
>>
>>6309900
I just find it interesting that happened. Revol Minis really caused so much confusion now even retroactively. Senmu really screwed over so many forcing that change then.

They were great action figures though.
>>
File: C-kXUBJUAAASgkK.jpg (182KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-kXUBJUAAASgkK.jpg
182KB, 900x1200px
Huh not even Kaiyodo's twitter talks about this reboot.

Found some pics of the Armoroids, still getting votes for which color. Why not all right?
>>
File: C-kXS4_UAAAqBT5.jpg (186KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-kXS4_UAAAqBT5.jpg
186KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: C-kXRyDUwAA9hhM.jpg (171KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-kXRyDUwAA9hhM.jpg
171KB, 900x1200px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjME8Z3oMQ

So Robo's has a disgustingly floppy torso. Just wondering if he got really unlucky or this is kinda standard? It wasn't as bad in the other reviews I watched.
>>
Why doesn't Kaiyodo like foreigners?
>>
>>6309969
Robo is prone to bad luck, or probably didn't push the joint back into it's hole and came loose out of package.
>>
>>6309969
its floppy but it still holds a pose, that one is defective.
>>
>>6309969
I kinda had the same thing with one of spider-man's shoulder joints and damned near everything on ultron. Sometimes the sockets are just a little too loose and even tightening them with heat won't make them perfect. It sucks extra hard that it happened to the already load-bearing torso joint, but it definitely shouldn't be like that.
>>
>>6309969
He said it is frustrating to pose, but I have no issues. He might just be bad at it I haven't finished watching the video, I don't watch video reviews.

If the holes for the waist revo joint is loose that is an easy fix.
>>
>>6309989

The amazing yamaguchi line is basically made for foreigners though.
>>
>>6310021
I think no joke the CEO has that tendency subconsciously.
>>
>>6310018

Nah if you watch, the torso swivels wildly side-to-side just from gently moving the figure.
>>
>>6310027
Yeah I see it now, the peg hole on his is too loose for sure. Just stuff tissue paper or anything to increase friction and you got no problem.

Like, the ratchet won't click just from the weight.

And ankle joints are the same as Minis so it has the ball end, very easy to stand with them.
>>
>>6309701
>Todd McFarlane will never let there be a Revoltech Spawn figure
>>
>>6309729
Yeah, when I found out the legs weren't revo joints I was kinda worried but the knees are actually pretty good. Only problem I have with the legs is the lack of any kind of thigh cut.
>>
>>6310021
Then why don't they offer official overseas distribution like Bandai and GSC?
>>
>>6310110

Meaning What? Amazon? I'm Canadian so I get shafted out of those too.

BBTS carries all these brands at the same price-hike.
>>
>>6310110
>>6310115
It's cool that they do it for some stuff, but honestly it ends up being more expensive than importing half the time. I remember pricing out the first bruce lee and fmerc last year and they were straight up cheaper to get on hlj than amazon. The new marvel stuff is even more of a hike.
>>
>>6310097
So far I got no problem with the legs. It's actually a better version of the Yamaguchi style cut joint schema it makes me want to see an all or mostly cut joint figure made today, see what can be done. The soviet soldier had some limitation due to what it was for. Maybe small collectibles like the days of the Takara collaboration blind box figures we being made.

Maybe mix in some simple ball joints, minimal color, go along the Capsule skeletons. Green army men?
>>
Hopefully if yamaguchi does a Cap he gives him a fucking pointing hand, the figuarts really needed one.
>>
>>6309969

Would floor polish work on a loose swivel like this?
>>
File: IMG_1770.jpg (1MB, 3264x2132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1770.jpg
1MB, 3264x2132px
no problems with my Venom. satisfied as fuck
>>
>>6310369

Anything that creates more surface area to grip would work, so yeah it should. Still, that looks ridiculously loose on his copy. Definitely a QC fuckup.
>>
>>6310376
damn, nice poses
>>
Uhh I accidentally posted on the old thread
>>6310420
Such a missed opportunity, why can't spidey have Venom's knees. Spidey's knees are the only gripe I had with the figure
>>
>>6310479

Honestly Venom should've been a revo at the knee, and Spidey should've had a knee pad sculpted to resemble a knee to hide the ball joint on his knee.
>>
I've only got a few non-Eva revols (Burned myself out on the Rebuild stuff). Thinking about hopping back in with the Amazing line. The Wolverine proto is scratching my MvC itch. How do they scale with Legends?
>>
>>6310376
Love it!
>>
File: 1475347936511.gif (619KB, 270x176px) Image search: [Google]
1475347936511.gif
619KB, 270x176px
>>6310376
>think this image was rotated from the thumbnail
>start turning my head as I click it
Well played.
>>
How is the Fraulein School Uniform Haruhi?

There's one for dirt cheap at my local hobby shop. For reference, I already have the figma.
>>
>>6311029
It should be the one that was included with a Wii? game. She's not a bad figure. I think the Frauleins looks more like the novel art, so if you're a fan of those I say go for it. They are bigger, about 1/10 scale.
>>
>>6311044
Yes, the one that came bundled with the Wii.

I think I will go for it. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>6309771

Post Legacy Revos that would tempt you:

> Revomini Greyfox
> Raiden
> Alien Queen
> Alucard
>>
File: RaidenThumbsUp2.jpg (861KB, 1225x1091px) Image search: [Google]
RaidenThumbsUp2.jpg
861KB, 1225x1091px
>package is in my state now

Fuck I wonder if that means it cleared customs yet or not. Still, Venom SOON, I hope.
>>
>>6311201

Grey Fox, Snake, regular color Raiden (all I have is his white suit, which was in the games and I liked using, but his default color would be nice too), Ed and Al from FMA, Menace, Melona, Annelotte, Branwen, Aldora,
>>
>>6311201
>Some Getters (Go? Neo?)
>Full Metal Alchemist figures
>Kinnikuman
>All Sengoku Basara figures
>>
>>6311201
Getters (Arc and New most notably, and New Getter 2)
>>
>>6311201
It looks like they are not going to do that, but FMA with the movie on the way, all the Getters, and all of the Gurren Lagann Revos should be in their listings besides Evangelion. I think those are properties that will keep having a fan base for years to come.

Anything Konami I doubt will be restocked in the future.
>>
File: download_20170503_120032.png (10KB, 415x109px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170503_120032.png
10KB, 415x109px
Can never rely on my roommates to be awake for my packages.

So close to Venom goodness and yet so far.
>>
Golden Week ends on Friday right? Hopefully they'll ship out things soon.
>>
>>6309795
>>6309796

This might seem unthinkable with most licenses, but actually makes sense with EVA. Kaiyodo have always had a good relationship with Gainax/Studio Khara, it dates way back even before revoltech was conceived, back when they were still Xebec. Takeya-shiki is basically not licensed property and a collaboration with Takeya, whom they've also had a good relationship with. I'm guessing these 2 lines are what would be easier to keep in stock/per-order for them. I'd be surprised if Disney/Marvel licenses are included in this for the future since most licensing deals with US companies tend to clearly state the period of time they've access to the license and would charge you to renew it/reproduce items, unless it's a mega deal with big toy companies like Hasbro that have partnership with distributors.
>>
>>6311417
I think Kenelephant handles licenses with Disney and other US properties. They were the ones backing the Sci-Fi/Tokusatsu Revoltechs back then, and are the ones distributing all the current Movie and Amazing lines. They must be in good relations overseas so I think it is possible to keep this constant production thing going.

Also Assemble Borgs is practically original IP of Kaiyodo so has no problem either. Hope they restock all of them.
>>
>>6311201
>Raiden
>Edward and Alphonse Elric
>Gurren Lagann
>Jason and the Argonauts Skeleton
>Melona
>>
>>6311495
Another release for Ed and Al would be great, I've been getting ready to pony up the aftermarket money for them and they're pretty brutal. I have the skeleton though and honestly, he's kind of a mess. I'm pretty sure there are way better options now.
>>
>>6311505
I'm really hoping that since Ed and Al are getting Nendoroids they might get figmas. But that could go either way, since it'd hardly be the first time a franchise only got Nendos despite their popularity.

But if that doesn't happen reissues of the Revoltechs would be good too..
>>
>>6311495
>>6311505
>>6311515
It would be smart to take in that shit pole results into consideration when picking their catalog items. Ignoring all the Dokodemo Issyo crap. It's difficult to judge if or any of the older Revos, say pre-Minis that are not part of the shown sublines will make the cut as of yet. But the ones who made it in that top 30? list should get some second thoughts.

Super wishful interpretation of the announcement is that past Yamaguchi Revos could be incorporated into the Amazing Yamaguchi brand. It was never a comic book only subline.
>>
>>6311230

Ok, upon further investigation, it appears my package is in my states international sorting center (ISC). How long does it take to get out of this place? I got EMS shipping if it matters.
>>
Anyone got a Jehuty? How is it?
>>
>>6311201
The FMAs. I missed out on those.
>>
I hate how hyper the Venom design is but I'll probably get it anyway since it will be the only good Venom figure.
>>
>>6311201
Waiting for Raoh.
>>
>>6312217

I have the ZOE2 version, the regular one. It's pretty good, I'd recommend it.
>>
So, turns out you can't make his head look left or right. Kinda frustrating. Also, the torso joint is poorly designed. I wish they would get rid of the whole ratchet joint thing.
>>
>>6312252

I've literally seen people turn the head in videos. Might just be the neck, but still it turns.
>>
>>6312252
Mine can turn just fine.
>>
File: dickgirlbot.jpg (190KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dickgirlbot.jpg
190KB, 1500x1500px
>>6312246
I'm tempted to grab this.
oWo
>>
>>6312296

She's alright, but her stand is the old style one, which is absolutely terrible. Also her "cloak", being it's hard plastic and not very moveable, is kind of meh.

That said, otherwise, the figure is good, and she's also cheap as Hell because she's from an older game that wasn't super popular, much like the rest of the ZOE figures.
>>
how's revoltech quality control in general? i have gwen preordered, first time buying a revoltech. a little concerned because i've been seeing reviews about venom with loose torso joints that flop all over
>>
>>6312380

Out of around 15 Revo's I've purchased, I'd have problems with 2 of them. One was the Revo Rathelos Hunter, which had a hand that was stuck in the arm due to paint getting on the peg for it, and it broke inside the arm and I had to drill the peg out. The other was Revo ZOE Anubis, whose wing armature broke after about a year or so, and is easily fixeable, I just need to glue it.
>>
>>6312252
I know what you mean. I switched out the head single 6mm with the extra double 6mm joint. You get more gap but you can make the head look side to side, even look higher up. I might cut down and drill in the receiving hole in the neck so the gap will be less noticeable.
>>
I'm quite pumped to get my Venom (still a month to go so I combine him with other orders) but I'm worried that his torso will be a floppy nightmare. Some previous comments mentioned changing the head revo joint to get more mobility...I'm not interested in that but it got me thinking: IF your Venom comes with a floppy torso, what are the methods you would apply to make it a tighter fit? Nail polish in the hole where the joint goes is the most obvious one, but what about using another size of revo joint?
>>
>>6312467

Heat would be the first, easiest thing to try, followed by some floor polish.
>>
File: 20170504_101347~2.jpg (425KB, 1571x1769px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_101347~2.jpg
425KB, 1571x1769px
I just got my Venom and I forgot all about how annoying it can be sometimes to receive new figures, especially Revoltechs. It's pretty cold outside so everythings incredibly stiff and I'm worried about breakage.

That said, it's an impressive piece. Quite heavy, not that that's good though.

Unfortunately mine has two issues. The joint socket in the lower right arm is very shallow and the joint doesn't go in all the way. I'm guessing pin vise might do the job. Anyone else had this problem?
The other one is a slight scratch/missing paint app on the chest symbol. At the bottom of the spider's upper body. Bummer. Pic related.

Seems like the shoulder blade articulation is on a balljoint. I'm getting some wiggles out of it, not just down and up. Or did I get screwed again and this is not intentional?

Another thing; how the hell did you guys change the head joint? It's in there pretty good and it's very hard to get at.
>>
>>6312522
For a thumbnail there I thought you already broke him as you got him.
>>
>>6311201
>Professor Layton.
>Argonauts Skeleton.
>Vash.
Other than those I already have or could easily get most of the ones I care enough about to get.
>>6312380
Out of the three I have none have any glaring QC issues.
My Oni Skeleton has joints that fucking hate being used too much and like to split.
>>
>>6312252
>>6312380
The inevitable revo newfags
>>
>>6312556
that's fine, if anything, revo is meant to attract people who've never bought one with almost every new release, considering how varied their choice of IPs and original lines.

That being said, it's pretty rare for revos to have QC errors. I've been buying revos since the very first release, up to the current Takeya lines and I've only had a QC where I got two right fists for Lazengann.
>>
>>6312569
I agree with you, but at the same, after collecting revo for a decade it's hard to listen to someone who is totally mindfucked by how these joints work upon every single release. Furthermore the Marvel releases are attracting a special kind of stupid the likes of the figma link crowd
>>
No announcement on the knight yet?
Fucking cheap of them to sell two old figures under a different line name, and one of them is not even a recolor, while postponing the decent stuff.
>>
>>6312380
The torso joint seems to be a common issue on this release. The upper body is very heavy and they used a rather small joint to connect it to the lower body.
>>
>>6312522
The lower jaw piece form fits onto the sphere of the 6mm joint, so you need to soften the piece by heat to get the joint out, then new one in. You should try the same for the arm before drilling, you might end up making it too loose.
>>
>>6312589
I still get annoyed hearing "the joints" are what makes the posing difficult. The joints them selves are very standard type of joints. Yamaguchi's style of how they are placed are the unique part. And of course any odd angle swivel cuts.

Minor nitpick, and I know they don't really mean the joints themselves, but I grind my teeth a little each time I see that phrase.
>>
>>6312630
It*s not the size of the joint, but the nature of the joint peg. Revo joints are designed for easy part swapping so the pegs have no extra grip to hold them into their sockets. Hence too much wait there isn't enough friction so you could get unwanted rotation.
>>
>>6312589
oh god, those were dark times
>>
>>6312630
I'm kinda hoping that with how Venom turned out, they might try to engineer a larger joint of some kind (Revo or not) that can support larger designed characters. It leaves me intrigued on how they would handle characters like Juggernaut or maybe a Hulkbuster as well.
>>
>super articulated figure
>cant look left or right
THANKS YAMAGUCHII
>>
>>6309771
>re-releasing high demand revoltechs
How are they doing to determine that? The other time Kaiyodo did a online survey and we all know how that turned out.
>>
>>6312641
Tried and didn't work. Never had this happen before. Still drilling away very carefully.
>>
>>6312702
I think it will be based on past sale numbers, and how high the prices are for some old revo on amazon or yahoo auction, etc. Apparently that's how they picked for Legacy.

So far the only said Takeya, Movie, Amazing, Eva, and AB so who knows if they will even bother with anything else.
>>
>>6309701
venom looks great
>>
>>6312522

Dude just put a dab of white paint on it.
>>
>>6312662
Venom doesn't need to look left and right. He only looks forward - to killing spidey - like a good Venom should.
>>
File: head spin.jpg (55KB, 857x532px) Image search: [Google]
head spin.jpg
55KB, 857x532px
>>6312662
>>6312252

Is this a hot new meme?
>>
>>6312612
Interview on Figure Oh said they are currently working on a samurai for the horse.

I think they want to release them back to back, so might be a while.

Also another collaboration project is in the works apparently...like Hebikera?
>>
>>6312807
Filthy gaijin who can't into poses BTFO
>>
>>6312653
Seems like link figma always create massive autism storms
>>
>>6312830
Isn't that the case with Nintendo fanboys in general?
>>
>>6312807
it actually amazes me how many people hate Yamaguchi. The guy seems legit just trying to make fun toys and Kaiyodo as a company haven't put out anything high-demand as an exclusive either.

I also wasn't too worried abt the neck joint as I figured it was still unconfirmed. I was worried hearing about the floppy waist joint though since that's apparent on ONE reviewer. Hope that's a rare case.
>>
>>6312853
The waist thing was an improperly drilled hole, probably rare. Sometimes the hole is too short too and pegs can't go all the way in. Happens on all lines -very rarely- and only had it happen maybe 1 time out of 50+ releases for me.

Most people aren't having that issue with Venom from reviews and feedback i've seen on him. It will be a bit wobbly just due to how it was engineered but not just flopping swinging around wildly.
>>
File: venomp.png (1MB, 1112x1068px) Image search: [Google]
venomp.png
1MB, 1112x1068px
>>6312522
are you talking about this?

all your other complaints are valid, but this might be autism dude
>>
>>6312853
The actual waist joint on my Venom isn't floppy, but the socket in the torso is
>>
>>6312645
>>6312853
I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's a certain sect of toy collectors who don't actually interact with their toys very much, if at all after they purchase them. They'll buy something, fiddle with it for maybe 10 minutes at most before just plopping it onto some shelf and leaving it untouched for the next however many months or years until it inevitably gets sold off. They never actually sit down and spend time to learn how a certain figure handles and works.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of them seem to be Marvel Legends collectors as well where almost every figure they collect has about the same standard joint layout per figure, so they've become fully accustomed to their "norm" and whenever they do step out to try other lines that deviate heavily enough from the norm (Revoltech), they keep coming back with the same excuses.

>The joints are too restrictive
>Very unintuitive design
>Can't stand properly (Stock straight)

Word of mouth spreads among the casual collectors and you have basically how Revos are perceived today. Now that's not to say that Revos don't have any bad releases, cause there sure as fuck were quite a few but the line has pretty much moved on from that. The reputation however didn't. Luckily though, it seems within the last few years that more and more people are warming up to the line and there is some good stuff being spoken around here and there. I know I've had more fun with Raiden and GL than a lot of other stuff I own and definitely recommend them.

TL;DR Go actually play with your toys. If not, go buy a statue and stop complaining.
>>
>>6312943
>I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's a certain sect of toy collectors who don't actually interact with their toys very much, if at all after they purchase them

We call those people "collectors". And they're killing toys. They're why McStatues exist still. They only care about "muh sculpt" and hate articulation, and they're the bane of everything. They're also most prevalent in the US, which is why our toys are so fucking terrible.
>>
>>6312943
>They never actually sit down and spend time to learn how a certain figure handles and works.
This is also the leading cause to ham hands sadly.
>>
File: 20170504_200622~2.jpg (714KB, 2337x2276px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_200622~2.jpg
714KB, 2337x2276px
>>
>>6312887
Thanks.
I know it's not a big deal but it still irks me and hearing what others think, makes it a bit easier.
>>
>>6313061

Seriously dude, go to a hobby shop, buy a similar white paint for 3-4 bucks and touch it up. It's in the middle so you can't even really fuck it up.

>>6312916

So does yours swivel loosely from gravity like Robo's?
>>
>>6312807
He's not LOOKING left though, his head is rotated. If he WAS looking to his left, you would only see one of his eyes.

I'm not not trying to be autistic here, but if you have him posed with another figure thats is to his left or right, it's very difficult to get a pose where venom is looking at them and have it look natural. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself.
>>
>>6309701
Where's all the partswapping, this guy was made for it. Anyone have the horse? I want to see if a centaur venom would work
>>
File: Venom.jpg (1MB, 1477x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Venom.jpg
1MB, 1477x1525px
Ok, possibly stupid question time: Are anyone elses Venom's ankle joints...Smooth? Like, they're clearly revo joints, but instead of being ratcheted like every other revo joint other than the tiniest ones, they move smoothly like regular ball joints. Did I get some kind of funky defect, or are his ankles really just regular ol' fashioned ball joints?
>>
>>6313108
The only way is to rotate at the lower neck to the side, then rotate the head back to a proper rotation, but it is limited. Switching to double 6mm does make things easier, can swing the head alone side to side. It comes with an extra one anyways.

So Spider-man did come with extra 6mm joints too. Are these for the hamhands Americans in case they break them? I mean they could be easy to pop out, but break? I don't know, with Spidey I thought it was for the stand, Venom for the tendrils as options. But Spidey had two extras, same as his shoulders, and Venom one, same one for his inner neck.
>>
>>6313135
They got no ratchets. They are the same joints used in the Mini's torso. You notice one side is an actual ball joint too, not just a peg.

Similar joints will be used on Gwen's shoulders.
>>
>>6313093
I dobt I'll do that. If I fuck up, it'll be even worse and permanent. Not that bad anyways.
>>6313135
A little stupid, but you're forgiven. If that was a fuckup you should call yourself lucky, but mine's like that too. Makes posing easier.
>>
>>6313137
Can you post somepictures of the modded head joint?
>>
>>6313148

You know you can wipe paint off while it's still wet right?
>>
>>6313154
I'm scared desu
>>
File: double6mm.jpg (370KB, 1644x1080px) Image search: [Google]
double6mm.jpg
370KB, 1644x1080px
>>6313150
Hope it comes out in the photos properly. It makes opening and closing the mouth easier too. Just a joint replacement so try it, don't like it go back the original way no problem.
>>
>>6312654
personally I'm going to be mad if my Venom's torso ends up being as disguntingly loose as that review from Robo from Fwoosh. I would certainly appreciate, since revos are designed for joint-swapping, for them to release a newer joint in some kind of cheap package of joints under 1500Y.
>>
File: Venom2.jpg (1MB, 1601x1427px) Image search: [Google]
Venom2.jpg
1MB, 1601x1427px
After messing with him for 30 minutes or so, I can say I have one solid disappointment with the whole shebang: His stand is shit for him. The claw just can't really hold him, and the main hole for his back is on an angle, which means it impossible to shove the stand all the way in without using one of his tentacle holes.
>>
>>6313182
oh baby that looks gooooood
>>
>>6313093
>So does yours swivel loosely from gravity like Robo's
Yeah, it's kind of annoying but nothing I can't live with
>>
>>6313224
whats the chance of a light blue classic Venom variant happening?
>>
>>6313246
zero i'd say
>>
>>6313224
Yeah, this. Did yours come with a stand extension? Mine didn't. Just making sure. I can see why they excluded it though.

Fortunately he stands pretty solidly.
>>
>>6313224
Honestly, I've sort of just written off revoltech stands forever now. The new style ones are better, but I've also had two of them break so far. There's no way I'd stick something as huge as venom on one and expect it to work out.
>>
Be careful with replacement eye / top of the head thing. Mine falls off easy and ive already lost the squinty eye one.
>>
>>6313246

Probably 0. He's already blue, anyway.

>>6313278

Stand extension? It's just the base, arm, and the claw here.

>>6313290

Honestly, the current stands are fine, they just needed to make the hold in Venom's back a straight in plug, not an angled one, and maybe included a bigger, stronger claw to hold his bulk. Like, when the stand is the worst part of a figure, thats barely a problem. It's annoying, but the figure itself is fucking great.
>>
So I guess everyone so far is cool with the lower body articulation? I was worried it was too pre-Revoltech Yamaguchi style jointing.
>>
>>6313327
It's actually pretty good. Looks good and has a great, natural range but it really is like a puzzle. I have several Revoltechs and I know how to work Spidey's hips, but with Venom I'm still struggling and learning. Seems like his right hip is a bit stiffer which makes the outer joint more difficult to work with, but that aside, it's almost like a conceptual problem in how I expect it to move versus how it does move.
>>
>>6313338
Yeah Yamaguchi use to make action figures entirely with that type of swivel joints. This particular hip configuration is new though(as far as I know), surprised he didn't do this before it works pretty damn well. Just go one swivel at a time.
>>
>>6310376
What spiderman is that?
>>
I did the double joint neck mod. I trimmed the socket down to where its flush with the neck line and took off about 1mm worth of the peg. He can look left and right naturaly, as well as look "up" further than he could before. the mod only shows when hes looking as far right or left as the joint will allow.

Also, several of the joints on mine were loose. No so much that they flopped around, but enough that it was annoying, save for the torso wich felt like it was going to fall apart it was so loose. I took the revo joint out, tightened both ports, and put a hobby base joint in. All good now.
>>
>>6311284
I forgot Tetsujin 28 (Gigantor) and Black Ox, They are classics and I'm sure you will have people wanting them through the years. Plus they were very well made Revos zero issues being released today.
>>
>>6313356

How did you go about tightening the ports?
>>
>>6313355
Amazing Yamaguchi Spider-Man Revoltech. Getting re-released so pre-order if you want one. Although it looks like theses will be in stock for a while when this new system happens.
>>
>>6313362
>How did you go about tightening the ports?

Take everything apart, take a very, very small drop of super glue on the tip of a toothpick, use the toothpick to spread a thin layer of super glue around the inside of the port. Allow to dry, repeat as needed.
>>
>>6313368

Cool, is super glue a better option than floor/nail polish?
>>
>>6313356
Why did you cut off part of the peg?
>>
What if they made a a revoltech of star platinum?

Who would buy?
>>
>>6313391
im good
>>
>>6313391
Part 4 ver SAS was perfect.

I would take Revoltech Baoh though.
>>
>>6313382
>Why did you cut off part of the peg?
The socket was too shallow for the full length peg after I trimmed it.

>>6313378
>Cool, is super glue a better option than floor/nail polish?
Im not a fan of floor polish, it flakes off. Nail polish is a paint, and may react with other paints (but then super glue can as well).
>>
File: VenomSmash.jpg (839KB, 1191x1391px) Image search: [Google]
VenomSmash.jpg
839KB, 1191x1391px
>>6313327

It's alright, but honestly I've have preferred ball or revo jointed hips and thigh swivels. Missing any kind of lower body leg swivel is kind of a crime here.
>>
File: Venom4.jpg (1MB, 1353x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Venom4.jpg
1MB, 1353x1497px
>>6313417
>>
File: Venom5.jpg (1MB, 1717x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Venom5.jpg
1MB, 1717x1313px
>>6313459

Gotta say, really pleased with this guy so far. I might put some floor polish in his top and bottom half though. It's not floppy, but it is loose-ish. I wonder at this point if it really just is a QC issue, because normally revo's, if anything, are too tight. I might try the ol' hair dryer first, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>6313523
It's the same amount of tightness, just the extra weight exceeds the peg's limit.

If they continue doing bigger revos, I can see them making a new joint that has a stronger grip pegs, like have bumps on the surface. Or have the receiving hole be a harder plastic.
>>
>>6313559
I've looked around for something like that for just that reason, and I'm surprised it doesn't exist. The revoltech/figma/hobby base peg size seems to be a pretty popular diameter, but regular revoljoints are as beefy as they seem to get.
>>
File: IMG_6864.jpg (1MB, 2555x2841px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6864.jpg
1MB, 2555x2841px
Welcome to what is about to be the most polarizing figure of all time. Never has there been a figure that will appeal to casuals to such a degree, yet this figure is going to make so many people assblasted.

He's just your trypical revo, but on steroids. I can see how he would be total mess if I didn't understand things such as balance and weight distribution.

This figure will separate the men from the boys, we will see who can pose figures and who can't
>>
>>6313572
3mm is the industry standard for some reason. Common in model kits too.

There's a revo joint that has thick ass pegs, because they are female ends for the normal 3mm pegs. Just from the greater surface area that joint might have better tightness capable of holding Venom's weight. It bends 90 degrees so should've work for the torso joint. Oh well.
>>
>>6313603
I think it wont be as bad as Spider-Man, he had more curve balls in the engineering.
>>
>>6313603
But Deadpool already happened and that left quite a few ML "I only pose figures boringly straight" collectors bootyblasted
>>
>>6313626
Spider-Man actually sucked though
>>
>>6313603
Also, great photo. Falco's head?
>>
>>6313631
My point exactly. I love the figure. There you go polarization.
>>
>>6313638
Couldn't get past the legs, they were so poorly handled. Also he had a weird balloon head
>>
I know it's kind of a minor thing, but I appreciate the metallic dark blue Venom is. It makes him look more "oily" than most Venom figures, which are either just straight black or blue and don't sell the whole "made of goo" thing as well.
>>
>>6313643
Since Venom visually looks good I don't think he will get as much hate like Spidey did. Most folks seem to be visuals over articulation in the end.
>>
>>6313635
Thanks senpai. Yup, Falco.
>>
>>6313664
Falco?
>>
File: Venom6.jpg (1MB, 1539x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Venom6.jpg
1MB, 1539x1415px
>>6313649

Yeah, it really looks beautiful.
>>
>>6313680
Fist of the North Star character. He had a glowing hand.
>>
File: VenomSlavSquat.jpg (649KB, 1021x1061px) Image search: [Google]
VenomSlavSquat.jpg
649KB, 1021x1061px
>Venom can do the slav squat

Always a favorite, always.
>>
>>6313704
Good thing he's wearing a track suit and smoking
>>
File: Revoltech Spizerman.jpg (119KB, 1209x907px) Image search: [Google]
Revoltech Spizerman.jpg
119KB, 1209x907px
>>6312943
Lots of other companies can release highly poseable toys without looking like Yamaguchi sculpted them.
Hating on Yamaguchi is a legitimate complaint because of not only his style, but because how his toys are engineered to look pre-posed (unnatural standing poses).

There's also a lot of middle ground between disjointed looking figures to be hyper articulated and a McStatue.
It's not all or nothing.
>>
>>6313776

And yet "lots of other companies" can't come close to the level of articulation that these figures have.

> m-muh middle ground

Go buy a figuarts then you fag, these are meant to be at the extreme end of articulation.
>>
you fucks are seriously tempting me
i wasn't gonna buy venom at first but he looks so fucking good in all the photos i just need him
>>
File: item_0000011791_le16oT3S_01.jpg (142KB, 712x509px) Image search: [Google]
item_0000011791_le16oT3S_01.jpg
142KB, 712x509px
>>6313776
Other companies' idea of achieving high articulation are to break them up into many parts as possible(pic related) and/or slide out the joints to look disconnected. From costume designs you could get away with it a little but the simple comic book suits it looks pretty bad. Compare the Kinnikuman figures for example. Yamaguchi is reayl great at, despite what people think, achieving great fluid articulation with minimal visual impact of the joints.

I can understand the dislike of the general sculpt, but it is a common problem for pretty much any action figure lines (maybe except figma, but they usually suck at articulation). He gets targeted more just from the wide range of IP Kaiyodo and UC makes him work on that don't see the light of day from other companies. Not to mention most people don't even know the names of other sculptors.
>>
>>6313792
Nice trolling, dude.
Guy is ranting about how if i don't like Yamaguchi's sculpting and engineering, i might as well like statueshit.
To say Figaurts are even McStatues is a laugh. The middle ground is vast, but i guess you can only take extremes because you're trolling.

>>6313796
>Other companies' idea of achieving high articulation are to break them up into many parts as possible(pic related) and/or slide out the joints to look disconnected
Yes, it's what Yamaguchi's Revoltechs do too, except that Figuarts still looks like it's in one piece. If you look at its silohoette, there's almost nothing broken up from it.
With Yamaguchi's engineering, the pieces can look completely separated from the body, so even in silhouette or thumbnails, you can see how it's coming away from the body. Only camera angles help to minimize that effect, so in person, it's very noticeable.
Plus, because of how angular the separation is from the body, part of Yamaguchi's style, it's very exaggerated and highly noticeable.
>>
File: 1454040698561.png (328KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454040698561.png
328KB, 445x450px
>all these awesome venom pics
Mon can't come fast enough...
>>
>>6313818
There are trade offs for using the revo joints that way, but I rather have the anatomically correct looking poses Yamaguchi makes rather than the robotic looking poses of the traditional ones. And for me it's more to do with all the breakup lines seen from having double joints or covers and panels around the joints. With Revo it's the lines of the cuts or the circle from the balls only.

I get the silhouette thing, but the way double joints breaks up are just as ugly looking too.

It is very much a personal taste thing. I like Yamaguchi's stylization anyways so that makes a big difference I know.
>>
>>6313818

> waaaahhhh why can't a line that is all about uncompromising articulation make compromises for my aesthetic tastes?

> wanting them to lose that uniqueness and pump out the same shit as other import companies

Fuck off to your figuarts and figmas.
>>
I can't believe people are acting elitist over toys.
>>
File: where.jpg (39KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
39KB, 498x441px
>>6313853
>>
File: IMG_6865.jpg (913KB, 2644x2948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6865.jpg
913KB, 2644x2948px
>>6313853
Is this your first day here?
>>
File: 1468293368758.jpg (86KB, 499x442px) Image search: [Google]
1468293368758.jpg
86KB, 499x442px
>>6313853
argh you got my attention by miffing me as well with that statement argh
>>
>>6313818
Come back in a few months and show us that SHF Spidey can pull off the same shit as AmaYama Spidey
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083601.jpg (1MB, 1154x2200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083601.jpg
1MB, 1154x2200px
>>6313776
Oh yes so unnatural.
>>
Can Venom's BIG neck chunk be pulled out?
>>
File: marvel.jpg (302KB, 467x500px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
302KB, 467x500px
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>6313933
Old trading blind boxed toys that were made by Kaiyodo back in the day.
>>
>>6313776
>because how his toys are engineered to look pre-posed (unnatural standing poses).

The "can't stand straight" meme died when we stopped having cut-swivel hips ages ago. Now even Venom with that type of hip joints can stand straight.

You might want to point out that whole arm thing with a picture of Mini Solid, but if not doing a perfect at attention pose is that much of a flaw to you you are barking up the wrong tree.
>>
>>6309919
>>6309922
>>6309925

Cool, whichever color wins, we win as they all look great.

>>6313933

There were so many awesome trading figure lines in the 2000s.

Anyways, are those Revoltech knights ever coming out?
>>
>>6313356
expensive figures should not need all this work to be sturdy. Still, it seems like you know what you're doing. Maybe some youtube reviewer will release some kind of tutorial for those who are more scared of fixing their figures.
>>
>>6313890
Can you pose him sideways?
Is his crotch past his toes and shoulders?
Hard to tell from that camera angle you have him in
>>
>>6314003
We got revos revealed long before that still got no release month. It's not see colored sample then released next month kind of business you know.
>>
>>6313892
Yes. It's on a double joint, but it's a pain in the ass to get out and put back in. It's doable though.
>>
>>6311201

>Wolfwood
>Raiden
>Black Ox
>Dix-Neuf
>Dangaioh
>Regult
A slightly retooled Revy would be great too
>>
File: 20170505_134628~2.jpg (718KB, 2686x2025px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_134628~2.jpg
718KB, 2686x2025px
>>
File: 20170505_140724~2.jpg (957KB, 2430x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_140724~2.jpg
957KB, 2430x2448px
>>6314294
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 600x400px
I finally got my hands of Raiden for a good price.

Anything I need to know going in?
>>
File: 20170505_140816~2.jpg (865KB, 2939x1576px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_140816~2.jpg
865KB, 2939x1576px
>>6314295
>>
>>6314118
Do you pose him like that but take a pic from the side? I can do it later once I get home.
>>
>>6314308
Shit, do you mean*
>>
File: 20170505_144413~2.jpg (463KB, 1494x1967px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_144413~2.jpg
463KB, 1494x1967px
>>6314308
Don't worry, I got you covered anon!
>>
>>6313643
Yeah, I had too many problems with Spidey's sculpt that I couldn't get past, so I didn't get him.

I hate his knees, I hate the entirely unnecessary mid-calf joint, and I hate just about everything about his head. It's shaped awkwardly, and not only are the eyes shaped weird in general, the expressive eyesalso just look off. I appreciate the attempt at making him amazingly expressive like Deadpool was, but it worked better for Deadpool because he has the black patches on his face that stay the same size regardless of what his eyes are doing. When Spider-Man's eyes are expressive the black outline generally moves with them at least a little. Which obviously can't be done since all the eyes have to fit in the same spot.

And I know someone's gonna get upset at my critique, but I'm in no way saying it's an absolute garbage figure that no one should enjoy because I wasn't a fan. If you have it and you love it, that's awesome. I'm happy for you. I just don't care for it.
>>
This is just...painful...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjME8Z3oMQ
>>
File: 20170505_145539~2.jpg (407KB, 838x2837px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_145539~2.jpg
407KB, 838x2837px
>>6314308
Serious attempt here.
Not that anon you were asking, but it seems like you want to know if he suffers from crotch thrust syndrome? Well, he doesn't. His hips have an incredible range and you could probably get him to stand even straighter than that.
>>
>>6314364
this is just a repost....repost
>>
>>6314301
>Anything I need to know going in?

Only that you've bought probably one of the very best releases of the line. Great find!
>>
Venom is one of those very few non-mechanical Revos that just kind of works. Venom is always drawn super stylized with crazy proportions and poses anyway, so it translates to Revo's penchant for everything being ridiculously, almost comically dynamic all the time. I'm normally not a fan of whenever they do organic or lightly-armored characters, but Venom's an exception.
>>
>>6314362
Yeah see why I think people will be less divided on Venom.
>>
>>6314301
Looking back I wish he had 4mm joints wrists, makes a 9.5 into a 10/10 figure.
>>
Sitting here thinking about carving out the squinty eye on Venom's maymay head. The left eye is so perfect and classic looking. I really wish we would have got a third face with both eyes open like this.
Really torn on wether or not to mod this. I know I can make it look good I just hate making irreversible modifications to my figures unless totally necessary
>>
File: 20170505_141641~3.jpg (1MB, 3039x2123px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_141641~3.jpg
1MB, 3039x2123px
>>6314439
You could use photoshop or use perspective to hide the squinting eye.

P.S.: I love this figure.
>>
>>6314301
I didn't like how the ankle pegs were too weak to properly hold him up in a lot of poses, so I swapped them out with some slightly larger ones from a junker revoltech. It makes his feet stick forward a little more which isn't perfect, but they're also a lot more solid. Also I leave the two little half visor pieces off because they seem like they're on there securely, but then they pop off when you least expect it.

>>6314294
>>6314295
>>6314305
Bueno.
>>
File: IMG_6875.jpg (354KB, 1558x1093px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6875.jpg
354KB, 1558x1093px
Putting a double joint in his head works wonders for making his mouth able line up and not have that comically huge underbite. It does create a gap in the back of his head but the tradeoff is worth it to me
>>
>>6314772
any tools needed to do this adjustment? Or is it literally just swapping the revo joints?
>>
>>6314772
side view??
>>
I think I am in the minority when it comes to venom. He reminds me of why i hesitate to buy revos on the whole.

He looks fantastic but the weight of the parts on revo joints make him a nightmare to manipulate
>>
>>6313818
>Who is the troll
>>
>>6313776
I get you might not like Yamaguchi for his style. But complaining his style and his engineering doesn't allow for the ability to stand up straight is just bizarre.

His style and engineering clearly seem to focus on the idea that you want to be posing your figure and not having it stood straight.
I feel if you buy a Yamaguchi figure you know what to expect going in, you expect dynamic poses and a certain style, so it seems a bit weird to complain about how he does a figure when it should really be expected from the get go.

Same with buying a figma, or a figuarts. I go in knowing what to expect from those companies.
>>
File: IMG_6880.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6880.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>6314781
>>6314787
No modification required. Just pull out the single joint in his head and replace it with the extra double joint included. Just make sure you are putting it down through the jaw, not up through the throat. I also tried a triple joint but that made everything too disjointed and gappy
>in b4 triple joint questions
You can split revo joints in half and combine them
>>
>>6314850
kinda bugs me that the back teeth dont touch with this change but thanks for pics!
>>
>>6314850
pretty cool
>>
File: IMG_6883.jpg (966KB, 3524x2018px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6883.jpg
966KB, 3524x2018px
>>6314789
>a nightmare to manipulate
You meant fun as shit to play with, right?
>>
>>6311029
Ended up getting her, only because the face is the stuff of legend
>>
>>6314850
Ohh you did it that way interesting. >>6313182 I kept the head side ball in the jaw socket.
>>
>>6314880
i think people are trying to play with him from the waist instead of his torso. Holding from the waist you're of course gonna feel looseness because of the weight from the torso
>>
File: latest.jpg (96KB, 532x594px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
96KB, 532x594px
You know?
>>
File: IMG_6133.jpg (1MB, 2524x3162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6133.jpg
1MB, 2524x3162px
>>6314928
Newsfash, marvel revoltech are the only ones that matter now
>>
>>6311029
How cheap?
>>
>>6314948
Seems like it, I just want some one to face off against toyohisa.
>>
File: IMG_6889.jpg (1MB, 1981x3853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6889.jpg
1MB, 1981x3853px
>>6314920
Yup.
>>
>>6314976
Im liking these pictures, well done
>>
can someone put venom's huge arms on spidey
>>
File: IMG_6896.jpg (1MB, 2122x3734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6896.jpg
1MB, 2122x3734px
>>6315008
>>
File: IMG_6898.jpg (1MB, 2470x3796px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6898.jpg
1MB, 2470x3796px
>>6315008
>>
File: Arms.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Arms.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>6315043
>>
File: 1412939538263.gif (2MB, 346x260px) Image search: [Google]
1412939538263.gif
2MB, 346x260px
>>6315043
Thanks for the laugh man I needed it.
>>
File: C-8_BtKUMAEa4nu.jpg (181KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C-8_BtKUMAEa4nu.jpg
181KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: C-88tAJUIAAT6lc.jpg (208KB, 1054x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-88tAJUIAAT6lc.jpg
208KB, 1054x1200px
6/24 release.
>>
File: C-88tAXUIAAyq8-.jpg (191KB, 1049x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-88tAXUIAAyq8-.jpg
191KB, 1049x1200px
>>
>>6315112
Pink AB girl looks good.
>>
>>6313853
There's probably someone out there acting elitist over anything you can imagine. Glad I escaped this mindset.
>>
>>6315113
>>6315117
So excited for Gwen!
>>
File: 20170505_185538~01.jpg (252KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_185538~01.jpg
252KB, 960x1280px
This guy is a lot bigger than expected.
>>
>>6314820
>so it seems a bit weird to complain about how he does a figure when it should really be expected from the get go.
I was replying to a response about how you might as well get statueshit and McStatues if you dont like what Yamaguchi does.
As for standing up straight, i was only exampling one way in how his figures are engineered to be pre-posed. The way the joints are cut makes them look very disjointed if yuo don't angle it just right.

As someone who has been collecting the Revoltech line from the very beginning, i do know what to expect and what to avoid based on my likes. For someone to tell anyone who doesn't like those aspects and that only extremes should ever apply, well, they need to go fuck themselves
>>
>>6314366
I think this spidey is actually a better version of him because the character itself is a physical embodiment of yamagooch's EXTREME POSES TO THE M-M-MAX stylization

those fucking loose socks though. goddammit yamagushit stop breaking up figures by putting joints where they don't fucking matter

glad to see they didn't make the same mistake with gwen
>>
>>6315113
>>6315117
Did they finally show off the Zootopia revos again?
>>
>>6315228
>putting joints where they don't fucking matter
It matters. It adds a lot to posing expression, and also to general poseabily like bending the leg completely with feet touching.

Another example of "it's different therefor bad" feature that is underappreciated.
>>
>>6314266
Been trying to sell my wolfwood for a while now.
>>
>>6315244
No.
>>
>>6315264
I don't like my figures looking like they have loose spandex booties and fractured tibias in exchange for hyperstylization, but different strokes. The fact that gwen doesn't have them suggests that it doesn't add enough to be worth replicating
>>
>>6315281
no it suggest that the stylization is done to better service the character.not just for shit giggles
>>
>>6315201
>pomf
>>
>>6314920
>>6314976

I don't mind a bit of jiggle, but it's going to trigger me to no end if the joint is loose enough to slide around just from gravity. That shit ruins poses.
>>
>>6315356
looks pretty loose to me
https://youtu.be/IBjME8Z3oMQ?t=5m31s
>>
>>6309701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2VqQCqhms

Poor venom. He doesnt deserve this fate
>>
File: IMG_6891.jpg (2MB, 2651x3800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6891.jpg
2MB, 2651x3800px
>>6315356
>>
>>6309969
>>6314364
>>6315367
can someone post this video like a half-dozen more times? I haven't seen it yet and I'd like someone to come in and post the same link every day for the next week or so, thanks.
>>
>>6315367

Yeah, yeah, this one has been posted 3 times. Thing is not every venom is like that, so it's another QC lottery.

>>6315369
This one for instance, seems good other than the guy not knowing shit.
>>
>>6313182
>>6313356
>>6314850
Is this all from the same anon? Only the last one makes it look a bit weird with the teeth not aligning, which makes me think it's a different anon who did it differently.
>>
>>6313933
I had the swinging Spider-Man on my lamp (came with a megnetic web line) aboslutely loved these toys. In fact if it the revo was smooth like this venom it would be perfect.
>>
File: Venomelon.jpg (1MB, 1663x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Venomelon.jpg
1MB, 1663x1049px
>>6315395

Get used to it, it's the only thing shitposters have to got to cling to with this release.
>>
>>6315406
>so it's another QC lottery
Well that fucking sucks. It would be a huge hassle to make an exchange since it's coming from overseas.
>>
>>6315461

You could likely fix any looseness in the torso with floor polish or super glue or nail polish. Possibly even heat.
>>
>>6315367
Robo, please.

Stop posting you review, is shit! You aren't a god reviewer.
>>
>>6315461
It's not that big of a deal honestly, plus it's easily fixeable.
>>
>Can't put Deadpools head on Venom or Venom's head on anyone else
>>
>>6315394
Requesting Pacha pose.
>>
>>6315281
It's not done the same because the costume design is different, dummy. Spidey has a break in the costume so he placed that joint there, simple as that. You change the joint scheme based on the sculpt, not have some retarded body buck and force the design on it with dumb paint job like ML.
>>
>>6315434
I did the first one. I think these are actually 3 different anons, the last guy placed the jaw piece on a different ball of the double joint.
>>
>>6315835
To me it seems like your way is better. Less breakup in the sculpt and good articulation.

What do you and the others think? Anyone tried it both ways? I currently don't have access to my Venom,
>>
File: swap.jpg (244KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
swap.jpg
244KB, 900x1200px
>>6315742
>>
File: IMG_6905.jpg (1MB, 2614x2802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6905.jpg
1MB, 2614x2802px
>>6315281
>finding any reason you can to not get this amazing figure
The cuffs are really not that pronounced, and by the way, he is wearing boots, right? I like the way it looks. Looks like real boots. I'll take this over ML trash all day. In fact I'll probably never need another Spider-Man figure again
>>
>>6315847
>he is wearing boots, right?
Maybe in the figure he's wearing boots. Certainly not in the design of the comics.
>>
Well, ill tel ya. Good thing there is about a thousand different Spider-Man figures to choose from and you don't have to get this one, right?
Why are you in this thread again?
>>
Why are you people so fucking hostile to anyone with a different opinion?

It's a toy line that you had no involvement with in design or production. Relax.
>>
>>6315877
Congrats you killed the thread
>>
File: smug cg cat.png (447KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
smug cg cat.png
447KB, 512x384px
>>6315877
>comes into the thread shitting on toys
>expects to not get shit on back
>>
>>6315877
revoltech threads are usually chalk full of mentally stunted fanboys with lips firmly planted around yamaguchi's dick. of all the generals, this one has a particularly cancerous fanbase comparable to NECA or maybe ACBA. dissenting opinions are not allowed, even if you actually own fucking revoltechs.
>>
>>6316055
lol that's not really the case at all. Actually if you scroll up the thread it was really just a bunch of people having fun and sharing photos and then you came along and just started being negative. Please go back to waiting for neca Spider-Man I'm sure he's gonna be awesome
>>
I really like Revoltechs and I think negative opinions should be embraced. If you like something but can't articulate why, it's stupid. That's why being critical is good. Fanboyism is for retards and blemishes valid praise.
>>
>>6316067
>implying everyone with a dissenting opinion is just one person
that was my first post in this thread, I was speaking from past experience because this general has always been full of incensed childlike spergs who can't discuss things civilly. and I actually like the stylized revoltech spiderman compared to the NECA or ML, but thank you for proving my point about cancerous nuthuggers with your reply.

>>6316084
that's a perspective I completely agree with, but unfortunately not a common one. I can't blame anyone either, because we're talking about toy figures after all. it isn't exactly the bastion of mature minded consumers.
>>
File: IMG_6902.png (373KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6902.png
373KB, 640x1136px
>>6316120
Ok
>>
>>6315846
groovy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 344x364px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 344x364px
do this pose with venom lifting a limp spider man up by his head
>>
File: Peekaboo.jpg (1MB, 1745x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Peekaboo.jpg
1MB, 1745x1023px
>>
>>6315521
Its always a great read when autists think that every review linked is from the reviewer himself. It reminds me of browsing through mentally retarded people's facebook profiles for kicks.. good times.
>>
File: IMG_6910.jpg (1MB, 2520x3359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6910.jpg
1MB, 2520x3359px
>>6316341
>was trying to do this pose like an hour ago
Great minds think alike anon. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull it off without a stand. I'll have to try again later. His fingers don't hold strong enough. I really wish all his fingers will ball jointed
>>
>>6316410
>same review linked 3 times in one thread
>not shilling or shitposting
>>
>>6316410
>Not getting the joke
Speaking volumes on your autism
>>
File: You gonna get assimilated.jpg (3MB, 2520x3359px) Image search: [Google]
You gonna get assimilated.jpg
3MB, 2520x3359px
>>6316412
>>
File: Venom7.jpg (1MB, 1449x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Venom7.jpg
1MB, 1449x1311px
>>6316412

I really am gonna have to get Spidey to go with him. When's he getting a reissue?
>>
Looking at the spiderman revoltech makes me want a Lazengann rework, especially with better leg articulation.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252923513185?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT cheap broken venom
>>
>>6316055
naw, that's not the case, I own plenty of revoltechs and have complained about how Spider-Man looks but love how Venom is turning out and how bleh the Wolverine is turning out... and people didn't attack me about it at all. Some agrees, some disagrees and one or two called me whiny for wanting classic costume Wolverine. Revo fanbase is nowhere near the kind of shitposting that goes on in NECA or shf vs marvel legends releases.
>>
>>6316412
Very cool idea, but I think you could pose it a bit better or use proper lighting/perspective to make it read better.
>>
>>6317065
Not cheap enough. Should've sent it back. At ten dollars less I would've taken the plunge though.
>>
>>6316937
AmiAmi says late June
>>
>>6316943
I get ya. I want TV Evas done like this Spider-Man.
>>
Okay now I have a new wish they make a Revoltech candidate. Little Witch Academia just shown a super robot transformed from a flying ship. Yay new Gainax family robot! Gran Charion! (I think)
>>
File: C_O9BoPUAAAyP_q.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_O9BoPUAAAyP_q.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>6317464
>>
>>6317501
i love how trigger can't not put a robot in somewhere in their series
>>
So, it sounds like this release was kind of a mess. Lots of reports of lose joints, people having to fix articulation issues right out of the box ect.

Are we ever going to get a good Venom figure?
>>
File: C_O9VXaV0AIbrF-.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_O9VXaV0AIbrF-.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>6317524
And now, have some type of drill.
>>
>>6317611
I think it's the usual inconsistency we see in every Revos, it was just more apparent/problematic due to the bigger PVC pieces Venom has. Plus more newbies not used to Revos maybe. Like I don't go out and say issues that are easy to fix. Figures you can't take apart as much, like SHFs it's an issue but most other Japanese brands you can fix simple joint problems one way or the other.
>>
File: IMG_2662.jpg (196KB, 640x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2662.jpg
196KB, 640x962px
Photos like these should be in the OP not shitty cellphone desk photos
>>
>>6317611
nah, just the usual butthurt crybabies.
>>
>>6317643
I second the motion.
>>
>>6317687
>just the usual butthurt crybabies.
>Anyone with a legitimate complaint is a cry baby.
Oh, its one of the those threads.
>>
What's the best way to tighten the eye sockets on spidey? I mine are only a little loose but I don't wanna lose them like that guy a couple days ago.
>>
>>6317697
>legitimate complaint
Only when it can't be fixed by stuff you should have. And don't go that oh I paid so much money it should be the best ever out of box...It's still a cheaply mass produced hunk of plastic after all, learn to deal with minor errors.
>>
>>6317701
put a little coat of floor/nail polish on the pegs and let it dry, i did that on my deadpool's default eyes
>>
File: aah.gif (645KB, 346x448px) Image search: [Google]
aah.gif
645KB, 346x448px
>>6317697
>>
>>6314850
Nice, this is the one thing that bothered me about this release - the massive underbite. I don't mind a bit of it, but Venom's was crazy. Thanks!
>>
Next thread >>6319261
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.