[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter -Coming to an end-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 62

60 Hours left - Accessory stretch goals in effect

>$630,000
> ?????????????????????????????????????????

>Kick Starter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s

>How to add addons to your pledge.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1793731

>1.0 Re-issue news
http://imgur.com/a/had4J

>News
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

>ToyFair Pictures
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions-display-241464

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions/

>BBTS has got Covenant of Shadow in stock:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mythic%20legions&page=1

Last Thread
>>6202023
>>
File: morgo.png (505KB, 930x554px) Image search: [Google]
morgo.png
505KB, 930x554px
>>6206986
My issue with the headdress is that the whole point of wearing such a huge thing is for it to be striking. Making it a solid chunk of silver with some minor paint job defeats the purpose and makes look cheap instead of rich. I think it would look good with a dark base color and silver paint for the rib-like details on it, which is pretty much how the rest of the figure goes.
>>
File: Golden-Helmet.png (196KB, 328x305px) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Helmet.png
196KB, 328x305px
>>6207105
>makes look cheap instead of rich.
But it is striking.

You're just too used to seeing things artificially weathered and aged over misconceptions of relics sitting untouched inside dusty tombs or buried in mud and ash.

When stuff was new, it didn't need anything but high end metals to denote your wealth and power.

Everything else about the skelelady looks brand new and shiny.
>>
>>6207204

No, bullshit. He's absolutely right in what he says. You don't get to hold control over a conversation like that, just because you don't like something.
>>
File: Mythic Mentor.jpg (215KB, 583x850px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic Mentor.jpg
215KB, 583x850px
What figures go well with Mythic Legions?

I thought there weren't that many, since ML seem to be a bit bigger than others, but Tyrael works quite well. Now I'm looking for other figures which fit the general look and size of ML.
>>
File: mobitches troll.jpg (489KB, 1844x1292px) Image search: [Google]
mobitches troll.jpg
489KB, 1844x1292px
>>6207239
HACKS

but they're not ML sized.
>>
File: 4horses.jpg (306KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
4horses.jpg
306KB, 2136x1424px
>>6207239
Angela from Marvel Legends works quiet well.
>>
I wonder how tall the females and elves will be. Did anyone mind to save a picture of them next to B'alam, Calavius or whoever KS1 body from the Toy Fair?
>>
File: 1483528875486.jpg (350KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483528875486.jpg
350KB, 1000x750px
>>6207269
There's this.

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions/
>>
File: 1471785887514.jpg (855KB, 3000x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1471785887514.jpg
855KB, 3000x1705px
I'd like to thank the other anons for answering questions about the backerkit. I just need additional clarification:

From my understanding, backerkit is to specify what add-ons you want to your total pledge.

What I need to know if we, say, wanted to add on a Brother Mandibulus order NOT included in our kickstarter pledge, do we still pay $33 or will we it be $45? Will we have to pay additional shipping?

Art for your help
>>
>>6207337
No, it should just be adding another $33. It's basically adding on to your KS order.
>>
>>6207337
It will be 33 only. The 45 dollar from the original pledge will cover the shipping costs so anything else is just for the figures themselves
>>
>>6207429
>>
>>6207438
>>6207432
I want to get one scantily-clad fantasy lady, but these are the two I can't decide between. (Although, by the end of the backerkit I might cave and get both)

Herra
>sexy brown girl
>pouty lips
>snake motif is cool
>would go well with Gothitropolis Iz Ra Mirrus
>CON: hair seems kind of unweildy

Xarria
>sexy demon girl
>hooves are cool
>everyone loves succubi
>would go well with Scarabus
>CON: tiny hooves mean even less stability than minotaurs

Thoughts?
>>
>>6207438
how do you know she isn't wearing the latest fashion in horse shoes? did you lift her legs to check?
>>
>>6207446
Because you can clearly see that the bottom of her foot is touching the ground.
>>
Was there no KS exclusive figure this time? I hate that I missed the cheap Dwarf last round and then someone balled when 4H was going to offer the extras to KS buyers in the shop fucking us over for not seeing the update the first time about it
>>
>>6207239
I'm thinking Arthas would look fantastic next to the bad guys.
>>
>>6207445
>>CON: tiny hooves mean even less stability than minotaurs
But she also has less mass, so it's probably be about the same. Also, Herra looks bad.
>>
>>6207451
>>6207446
>>6207438
Is it wrong that I now want to see depictions of Succubi shopping and fitting for the latest trend in horse shoe fashion?
>>
>>6207454
No KS exclusive except the repainted Sword Horsemen.
>>
>>6207443
I get what you're saying but there should be room for uniqueness and interpretation without fans of some series that isn't the series in question stamping their feet and saying "THIS ISN'T WHAT SUCH AND SUCH DID!"

Look at that one dude who threw a fit because the ML goblins aren't Tolkien's goblins when Tolkien used orc and goblin interchangeably at times and there are plenty examples of goblins in popular fiction such as TES or MTG that fit ML's goblins.

Also vampire's have had so many different looks and appearance throughout popular fiction that fighting over them is "VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE!" levels of being an overly mad nerd.

As far as Skeleton's I'd say it's dependent on whether they formed their own society and culture like the Forsaken did in Warcraft after the humans said "eww no get away" and they rejected their previous life and culture.
>>
>>6207445
sexy female toys are easy to find, sexy female monsters are not, go for the demon Xarria, she is a really exotic figure
>>
>>6207465
It is a very tricky thing to deal with. I am on no real side for this sort of thing, because I have had to deal with it personally so I know how tough of an issue it is. Yeah would be great if us creative people can do whatever we want whenever we want, but sadly can't always happen. It is a shame, but those opinions are valid and if enough folk express those same opinions, then you might have a problem.

That goblin guy was kinda valid at first, it is understandable to want a unique sculpt foran entire race like goblins and not a reused body of the dwarves. But he just kept arguing every dissenting opinion that I think he just wanted to argue.

>>6207461
what exactly IS the 'sword horsemen'? never did find any clarification on that.
>>
>>6207461
that sword will be free for all who participate in the Kickstarter? if I only buy like 2 figures I will receive 1 sword or 2?
>>
>>6207496
>what exactly IS the 'sword horsemen'? never did find any clarification on that.
It's a recolor of the sword that comes with Thistlethorn. The hilt is based on the 4H logo.
>>
>>6207497
As long as you spend at least $30 on anything you get the sword.
>>
File: S4h.jpg (137KB, 2071x521px) Image search: [Google]
S4h.jpg
137KB, 2071x521px
>>6207496
>>
File: Sword Horsemen.png (27KB, 131x559px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Horsemen.png
27KB, 131x559px
>>6207496
>>
>>6207497
Just 1 I think
>>
>>6207337
Backerkit and Kickstarter pledge are one order all together, no extra shipping charge. They will all arrive together when these finally ship.

>>6207315
Not to say you are wrong but based on the pics from toyfair I don't think it's flat silver paint, I like it's slightly pearlescent lavender gloss, but the studio lighting they use washes it the fuck out.
>>
630.000 goal was just unlocked, but hasn't even been revealed yet

hopefully accessories for the characters I actually want to buy...
>>
>>6207457
Arthas doesn't look bad next to ML, I put him with then since I don't have other WC3 stuff
>>
>>6207496
But the goblins don't use dwarf bodies, other than Gonxx. They use dwarfififed versions of the new female/slim parts, just as the dwarfs used shortened versions of the original male parts. So what was he upset about?
>>
File: 81obunwA4-L.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
81obunwA4-L.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>6207496
>Yeah would be great if us creative people can do whatever we want whenever we want, but sadly can't always happen. It is a shame, but those opinions are valid and if enough folk express those same opinions, then you might have a problem.

Gonna have to disagree with you there because that's corporate suits going "Hey that Lord of the Rings is popular and makes a butt load of money just copy that" not creative people bowing before the demands of the public.

And than you have a series like Dark Souls which is more inspired by Berserk than anything that comes a long and gives people options they didn't even know they wanted before because corporate suits keep feeding them the same shit until they get tired of it and than Witcher III comes out which is even farther from the norm and people latch onto it.

Variety is the spice of life and considering this is a Kickstarted line I don't think The Horsemen have to bow to the whims of any specific fans of any specific series. They're just doing what they like based upon fantasy series they like.
>>
File: MorgolythHeaddress.jpg (78KB, 758x530px) Image search: [Google]
MorgolythHeaddress.jpg
78KB, 758x530px
>>6207176
I miss some decoration. Solid gold/silver is cool but it doesn't make the cut in Fantasyland. Two contrasting colors would do wonders like blue and gold in the pic. Dark base and silver rib things would work.
>>
>>6207528
So I'm guessing because this is a KS exclusive it's gonna be black and green right? Might be cool especially with Scaphoid.
>>
>>6207562
Than say it on their kickstarter and not here. If enough people say something they'll change it. I'm not in love with the headdress I like it and think it's cool for a skeleton but if they added a bit more paint that'd be fine by me.
>>
>>6207555
like I said, he had an initially valid opinion from making judgements on just that one image. His fears should have been allieved once things became obvious they weren't dwarf bodies, but he just kept arguing over everything.

>>6207519
thanks, somehow I must have missed that image of the sword with every use of CTRL+F on all the different pages. Unless the text itself was an image too. Oh well.

>>6207561
Corporate suits are always a big hinderance to creativity, but audiences are still the end deciding factor on if they think something works or not when it is presented to them. I was stunned and pleased to see how successful the 'bland' armor look of dark souls was. It really helped matters that the game itself was popular for its unforgiving nature, and the plain armors helps give a sense of 'I am really nothing super special'
>>
>>6207571
Dark souls armor really gives that sense of "from humble beginnings". You're a pretty normal dude but thru hard work and perseverance you overcome challenges.

>>6207568
Yeah I think maybe a little more paint between the ribbing on the headdress might make it a little cooler but I actually like it as is too
>>
>>6207592
>Yeah I think maybe a little more paint between the ribbing on the headdress might make it a little cooler but I actually like it as is too
Yeah, her armor and headdress are just a bit too uniform in color for me personally. Even just a darker purple on like the recessed parts would be good. As is, her armor is all lavender and her hat is all silver, which TO ME is unappealing.
>>
File: vccywxu.jpg (30KB, 317x638px) Image search: [Google]
vccywxu.jpg
30KB, 317x638px
To all the people complaining about Skelemom's headpiece being silver.

>Quote from the Horsemen on Instagram:
The headdress has iridescent effect that has proven tough to photograph. It takes on slightly different looks depending on the light. The toy fair images seem to be the most accurate representation of the figure so far.

This is the same kind of situation we saw with Ignatius. From the promo pics he looked bland and white, in hand he was one of the most eye catching and visually interesting characters. But the materials and paints used didn't photograph well at all. He went from one of the most passed over figures in the first KS to being one of the best sellers in the All-Star wave.

Long story short. It is purple, it just don't like flash photography.
>>
File: Havel_the_Rock.png (207KB, 300x573px) Image search: [Google]
Havel_the_Rock.png
207KB, 300x573px
>>6207571
>Corporate suits are always a big hinderance to creativity, but audiences are still the end deciding factor on if they think something works or not when it is presented to them.

However if they're never presented with anything else they're just going to want the same thing until they're tired with it. I don't think the general public are super fantasy nerds they just go with whatever big thing is talked about and don't generally give a fuck.

>I was stunned and pleased to see how successful the 'bland' armor look of dark souls was. It really helped matters that the game itself was popular for its unforgiving nature, and the plain armors helps give a sense of 'I am really nothing super special'

The starting armor is yeah but you get more elaborate armor as the game progresses. Havel's armor for example with it's horse leg boots is one of my favorite even though I never used his armor ever.

Also I'd say the Witcher has far more blander armor given that it's supposed to be our world but there's some monsters so Geralt can't walk around looking like this he has to be practical since he's a hunter.

It's a shame the black knight set is getting a figma and not the Havel set.
>>
So the fact that he comes with the trident now actually makes him way more tempting. Just a cool gladiator.

>>6207599
Hmmm, ok. Fair enough. The purple theme still isn't really my taste, but that's good to know.
>>
>>6207602
>However if they're never presented with anything else they're just going to want the same thing until they're tired with it.
My entire discussion so far has been with the basic topic that 'if enough of the public expresses the opinion that an aesthetic is not working because it doesn't feel like a typical X, then you should probablyy correct that.' It should be assumed that for there to be a widespread opinion, that some level of being presented is at work. I apologize if that is not clear however

>>I don't think the general public are super fantasy nerds they just go with whatever big thing is talked about and don't generally give a fuck.

And that is a double edged sword. On one hand they will be somewhat easy to get to think something is the 'norm'. On the other hand, once they think something is the 'norm' it can be very hard to convince otherwise, regardless of how inaccurate their perception actually is. General public is one of the most difficult audiences to cater to, due to how unpredictable they can be.

>>The starting armor is yeah but you get more elaborate armor as the game progresses.
I know there are some fantastic armors in the game, but one thing that seperates that game from others is how often does one actually get a chance to go 'this armor set is outright superior to what I have let's change it' You spend so much of the game in the same set of armor compared to other games. Also what armor sets are the most 'iconic'? the more basic rank and file knight armors you start with. People ID THAT 'generic' stuff as being Dark Souls. That doesn't happen often, which is what makes me most shocked, pleasantly of course.
>>
>>6207602
Black knight is a pretty iconic character, the first real enemy to truly fuck your shit up in Undead Burg, common enemy in the final area of DS1 and a staple enemy also in Dark Souls 3.

The next in line (in term of iconic) is maybe Elite Knight Set, Ornstein, Artorias.
>>
>>6207614
>>6207602
defintiely pretty obvious they went with Black Knight since it is in both the most recent and first games. If they do any more of them, I would be shocked to not see an Artorias or Ornstein. Havel would enjoy to see, but not so sure it is as likely as either of those other two.
>>
Just passed 645,000 too, we need more extras.they could easily influence peoples decisions.
>>
>>6207614
>>6207619
Have they ever done huge characters though? I mean those two aren't that huge but GSC putting out a really tall human doesn't seem as likely. I'd guess Siegmeyer or Solaire before those two.
>>
>no extras for any of the skeletons

Well fuck me I guess. At least an extra weapon for the builder would be cool.
>>
>>6207599
Ooh that's super pretty, actually.
>>
>all my figures are in the 690,000 tier

Not fair bros, why does cat man get another go before skelebros?
>>
>>$660,000 - Vampire Legion Builder: Bladed Staff from Vampire/Shadow Weapons pack

What is the "bladed staff?" The big axe/staff thing is called an axe in the dark elf bonus update.

>>$675,000- Brother Mandibulus: Spear from Dark Forces Weapons pack

Oh shit I hope we get there I love that big spear.
>>
Seeing all these weapon rewards is nice and all, but is it confirming that most of these figures come with default sword and spear?

That's kinda disappointing.
>>
>>6207772
I think it is the two short "swords" at the top. They look like they connect to make a double bladed staff.
>>
>>6207772
I think it's the two curved swords at the top. They look like they combine into a double bladed sword.
>>
You can do it guys!
I already wanted Malachi and now he's getting even more weapons!

By the way quite interesting since everyone seems to get one big or two small weapons, whereas he gets two big ones
>>
I hope at least during the backerkit they give us a visual rundown of what everyone comes with.
>>
>>6207866
Yeah I might skip a weapons pack if the figures I want come with a decent amount. May even change chracters.
>>
>>6207889
same.
4H said they wanted to have a list before the kickstarter ends, but I'm beginning to doubt that now
>>
>>6207889
Same. The elf leader was fairly uninteresting before, but with his new weapons, he'd make a pretty sweet elf general. For example.
>>
>>6207834
That's always been the case. They come with some combination of sword, broadsword, spear, axe ,dagger and shield. Not all figures come with the same equipment.
>>
>>6207628
They've done The Jogh from Terraformars and Hulk so they could do a big character.
>>
>>6207889
I just added thirteen to my pledge to skip a weapon pack and just get another figure. Almost everyone I was going for us getting an extra weapon at this point. I hope Boarrior gets something extra.
>>
>>6207834
No, some come with other weapons, if it's in the image with them it should come with them. Gryshaa, at toy Fair, was pictures with the curved sword from the first ks weapon pack, and a halberd painted in his colors, which was unexpected. Brother Mandibulus has a mace and the same sword as Gryshaa.

These stretch goals are to include weapons from the NEW weapon packs with figures in this release, which they traditionally have not done. Previously they used the weapon packs or the 1.5+1.75 waves (the curved sword, makeshift axe, and mace showed up on the orc and Scaphoid for example).

As a rule of thumb, the figures come with whatever they are pictured with in the campaign AT MINIMUM. Some have other undocumented weapons, see the toyfair images for more examples.
>>
>>6207959
>Gryshaa, at toy Fair, was pictures with the curved sword from the first ks weapon pack, and a halberd painted in his colors, which was unexpected

Why, those are literally shown in the Kickstarter photo.
>>
Yeah, really no need for weapon packs with these additions unless you're getting a crapton of legion builders! I'd love to see them do more variations like the Banner pack last time , something like pic related or more named weapons like Heavensbrand & Aetherblade.
>>
>>6207962
Well from the ks picture I thought it was just a basic spear
>>
>>6207962
Oops my bad, you're right. I didn't have a halberd from wave 1, so I didn't realize that's what it was until the toyfair photos.

Do we know what they mean by "buster sword" for Morgolyth? Is that the bigass demon sword in the Darkz Forces pack? If so I dunno if I'll even get a weapons pack anymore, I'm getting a lot of what I wanted from these stretch goals.
>>
>Mandibulus is in the $675,000 tier for an add on

Fuck me I don't think we're going to make it and he really could use that spear too since that mace is over-used.
>>
>>6208070
Have faith!
>>
>>6208017
I assume the big rune blade in the middle is what they mean, which would be great because it's all I want from that pack. So I'll probably get the vampire weapons instead. Or maybe another vampire legion builder...
>>
>no stretch goal for the greatest figure ever created, Hagnon

Do 4H not want money?
>>
>>6208103
oh, you mean Xylona?
>>
>>6208070
I Hope they get there. Three of my choices get extras in that tier. I still wish Mandibulus came with an alternate fully helmeted head.
>>
Oh wow iron and steel knights get each other's heads? I don't know if I still want an iron knight, I mostly liked it for the helmet, and since I'm already getting a knight builder I don't know that I need both...

Really excited about Gwyndolin getting the new sword too. I. Need to go thru the weapon packs and see if I'm getting all the stuff I want with my other figures already. Then again, the packs mean I also can reequip figures I already have with more weapon diversity.
>>
>>6208070
>>6208221

>>mfw the spear is now one of my favorite ML weapons but I am too cheap to buy the whole set just for that
>>
>vampire legion builders get blade staves

Perfect
>>
>>6208269
it really fits with the character
>>
>>6207628
Is Solaire still really popular? I remember back when "praise the sun" was a big meme.
>>
File: mlv.png (6KB, 1563x204px) Image search: [Google]
mlv.png
6KB, 1563x204px
>>Campaign so hard to make a pretty rainbow blue human rogue

>>Campaign equally hard to give her the bone sword, the most grotesque evil weapon in the entire line

Man I didn't even know it was possible to get this mad over toys.
>>
>>6208351
>we want a human rogue
>proceed to arm her like an evil spellcaster
HAHAHAHGAHA WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS!
That being said, the bone sword is cool as fuck. Wish Mandy came with it.
>>
>>6208357
I don't even know what she is now, certainly not a fucking rogue with her bright blue armor, dirty feet, and magic staff.
>>
>>6208332
He's arguably as iconic a meme as Arrow to the knee, so marketers think he's great.
>>
>>6208351
To be fair, it's the most rogue-like weapon. Shield or mace would have been worse.
>>
File: 1483697452173.jpg (49KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483697452173.jpg
49KB, 543x960px
>>6207239
>that halberd

fuck figures, what other weapons are there for this scale that aren't as shitty as most ML weapons are?
>>
>>6208351
>>6208357
Is that the top left sword in the dark forces pack?
>>
>>6208385
>as most ML weapons are?

In all fairness all weapons except the halberd are decent to good quality. But the halberd got really fucked up

As for other weapons, some threads ago one anon posted photos of metal weapons he imported from China I think
>>
>>6208357

I dunno man, was there a general consensus of what everyone was supposed to vote for? or was it just the same 5 loudmouths who wanted a specific design?

I don't think there's anyone specific to blame, it's just the nature of a online vote opened to the public.

Also i voted for the mace and staff because of the interchangeable heads = more value.
>>
>>6208332
I have a t-shirt with him on it, got it at NY Comic-Con. It's pretty sweet.

>>6208351
As someone pushing for the bone sword, it's because:

1) rarely used
2) small and stowable
3) a curved blade good for quick characters
4) can be colored to give off an enchanted/mystical look to it's blade

Even when she was heading towards being a rogue, the Bone Sword would've been perfect for her.

>>6208357
So does that mean you're voting for the Mace?

>>6208361
She hasn't been a rogue since the colors were chosen. That said, her armor is actually a fairly dark blue and most people want her to be a magic user of some sort. I think the best option would to have her be a relic hunter of some sort. A character who works alone and travels the world in search of lost magical artifacts. The exact reasons could be fleshed out later, but magical treasure hunter is a nice mid-point option between mage and rogue.
>>
File: _IMG6146.jpg (974KB, 2000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG6146.jpg
974KB, 2000x1325px
>>6208399
The sword and shield here are from a set of Dragon Quest weapons, but I have yet to see anything else of similar quality that I can find and buy. Curious if anyone knows of anything else.
>>
>>6208396
No, I think it's this one
>>
>>6208403
>>6208399

Get the metal Loot Crate Castlevania sword! The only good thing they ever did. Surprised no one else has posted about this but now that I have a couple the secret should be shared. Fits perfectly in ML hands.
>>
>>6208406
>>6208401

the handle looks like a dick though
>>
>>6208401
I voted mace and shield because I still cling to the hope of her being a cleric. I wish that one guy's idea of the cloth upper torso with bare midriff had won.
>>
File: 1480395815955.jpg (191KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480395815955.jpg
191KB, 1000x1500px
>>6208408
this?

It looks pretty rad, and I'm always in for anything Castlevania
>>
>>6208396
It's the small sword from the original release of the figures. Only character who visibly has it in 2.0 is the Orc Queen.

It was also a "space filler" weapon designed by the 4H liaison that more or less watches the forums, runs the voting process and paints some of the prototypes. He's a pretty nice guy and very enthusiastic about the line and working with the fans.

>>6208400
After the torso was chosen, there were basically two main camps for the direction the FanEx figure should go. While there were a ton of outlier ideas and suggestion, none of them held as much potential as the two choices between Cleric of some kind and Rogue of some sort.

For the most part, the Rogue votes won most of the body build, mainly only losing in the belt choice. Cleric people won on the color front though, choosing metallic armor and dark blue hood and cape. At this point, the FanEx character no longer has a single driving concept and people are just spitballing ideas off each other. Some people are far more...enthusiastic...with their ideas, but generally...we got nothin.
>>
BEARDED POINTY HAT WIZARD FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>6208413
>square, segmented shaft
>curved pointed tip
>giant spikes at the base

....I think you been browsing /d/ too much guy.

>>6208415
I kinda wish the tabard top, bare midriff look won as well. I can see the 4H eventually reusing the armored abs bikini top look down the line, but I doubt they'd use the other combo. It would've also looked a lot better had this character gone the route of a rogue as well.
>>
>>6208418

Yep
>>
File: IMG_2015.jpg (129KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2015.jpg
129KB, 1000x667px
>>6208408
Pics please.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (43KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
43KB, 306x400px
>>6208403
>>6208399
>Curious if anyone knows of anything else.

I'm the anon with mononofu weapon set. I got lucky as I bought one from chinese seller on ebay for fairly cheap, half the price of
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONONOFU-Ancient-Weapons-Ser-I-Sword-Shield-Set-20-pcs-1-10-DIECAST-FIGURE-RARE-/311257619838?hash=item4878665d7e:m:mA6145XJFcNPxDdLox0kbng

It comes with zweihander, halberd, shotel&axe, mace, 3 rapiers, 2 sword&shield sets, 1 big axe, and 5 weaboo katanas all of which are pretty neat
>>
>>6208635
Here's a review of the weapon set and all the included weapons
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=4960
>>
>>6207496
>That goblin guy was kinda valid at first,
Nah, it was always valid. Not my fault people here switch their arguments around and ignored things to fit their defense of retools.

>>6207571
>His fears should have been allieved once things became obvious they weren't dwarf bodies
I always stated that they used new parts, but using the legs (and body) from the dwarves and human/vamp/troll meant that the height/size didn't change, which was always the main point of criticism for retooling to make goblins.
>>
Is there an updated image of who comes with what bonus items now?
>>
As we crush bonus goals I just realized they still haven't shown off the dwarf king and deer lady lol.
>>
>>6208888
They said by backer kit time they'll have those out
>>
>>6208689
>their defense of retools
This whole line is based on retools, as well as mixing parts between figures.
>>
File: Fellowship.jpg (16KB, 300x136px) Image search: [Google]
Fellowship.jpg
16KB, 300x136px
>>6208919
>line of retools, except when they're not.
>male knights reuse pieces with one another because they're all human males
>orcs, vampires, elves, and minotaurs all have male human qualities, thus interchangable aside from key features
>female figures; same shit. Get their own molds, because they're not males.
>dwarves share pieces with one another, because they're all dwarves. Get their own molds, because they're not humans.
>goblins, halflings, gnomes, hobbits, kender, etc are all roughly the same size, thus should be interchangeable with human females and dwoorfs
There's a point where new molds need to be made and shouldn't rely excessively on retooling. 4H entered Mattel status with the goblins.
>>
>>6208919
>>6209068
I think the important thing here is that there's nothing wrong with retools. They've made a whole fleshed out line of toys by mixing and matching parts, and giving them unique heads and clever paint jobs. It's impressive, and I really admire their work.
>>
>>6209068
Dwarves got the same amount of tooling the goblins did. They got custom short legs and forearms, just like the goblins. The only goblin that shares dwarf tooling is Gonxx, because he's supposed to be bulky.
>>
where do you think the KS will end? I'm guessing 800k?
>>
It will probably bite me in the ass but I think I have to wait on these. Had they not have screwed me big time on 1.75 with the drop in quality I would have probably went all in on this KS. However they haven't even acknowledged the issues in 1.75 much less convinced me they won't repeat themselves in this new wave or any other waves in between when this wave comes out.

It's a shame but I don't want $1000+ of my money stuck in limbo for 12-15+ months with the anxiety my purchase may end up disappointing me. I will just buy some imports in the meantime and then try to get a few of the 2.0 wave after release and hope prices aren't too stupid. I was tempted to just grab a few but meh.
>>
>>6209108
sounds like a logical course of action. not like anyone is holding a gun to your head to back it
>>
>>6209108
No worries dude I'm feeling the same even if I have 200 dollars on it but I probably plan to cancel it in the meantime.
>>
Just hit 690k- here's hoping the weapon gravy train keeps rolling along strong
>>
File: 1386027865009.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1386027865009.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>6208689
>and ignored things to fit their defense of retools.

Riiiiight.
>>
>>6208689
>I always stated that they used new parts, but using the legs (and body) from the dwarves and human/vamp/troll meant that the height/size didn't change, which was always the main point of criticism for retooling to make goblins.
I apologize then for not remembering the full specifics of your argument.

>>6209108
I know the feeling. I just recently put money on the raptor kickstarter, and as much as I want the female knight and options set, I just can't feel like I want it enough to put what I can budget on it.

>>6209388
Tolkien's work is the foundation of modern fantasy. Like his work or not, it will always have a very strong influence over fantasy.
>>
File: 1445939636695.jpg (5KB, 207x249px) Image search: [Google]
1445939636695.jpg
5KB, 207x249px
>>6209068
It's a good thing that this isn't a Lord of the Rings toy line than huh?

Also that Tolkien didn't make Elves, Dwarves, or Goblins now huh?

People in that thread where I imagine you got banned stated multiple different sources from multiple different series where Goblins height changes every single time.
>>
>>6209403
>Tolkien's work is the foundation of modern fantasy. Like his work or not, it will always have a very strong influence over fantasy.

Except in Dark Souls and The Witcher. Especially The Witcher which is Pagan while Tolkien's is heavily influenced by Christianity.
>>
>>6209408
Witcher has tolkien influenced elves. Dark souls definitely lacks tolkien influence. but regardless it does not invalidate my statement of tolkiien having a strong influence over fantasy. those are a few samples of a much bigger genre
>>
>>6209456
>Witcher has tolkien influenced elves.

And that's about it. You're cherrypicking one thing out of a series with many different creatures or monsters to go "yep this is 100% Tolkien influenced to it's core" when the series also demonizes Christianity which Tolkien's work oozes.

Point is while he influenced a lot of people his work has been made retroactively boring by people who've done nothing more than plagiarize him. I'm glad his son is vicious about protecting his father's copyright because if his work ever went public domain it'd be a nightmare and fantasy would die as a genre. It'd be like if every mecha anime had to be Gundam or every super hero had to have a bug theme because Spider-Man.
>>
>>6209469
Ironic part is his original work actually is feels 'fresh' from all the copies copying the copies of his stuff. They all lost what really made his stuff his. Elves become overly arrogant pussies who dont really deserve their arrogance aside from their long life spans, and all dwarves are scottish.

Actually, I only mentioned the elves from witcher right off the top of my head, Dwarves not only are also tolkien influenced, but they are one of the few dwarves that much more closer match Tolkiens original visions of the dwarf.

I really don't think his works becoming public domain would have anywhere the impact you seem to fear. Things would be the same except now halflings can be called Hobbits without fear of being sued.
>>
>>6209490
>I really don't think his works becoming public domain would have anywhere the impact you seem to fear.

I really do think it would be a nightmare though because nobody would ever do anything original again and just make endless LotR movies, books, and games because it's what the general public knows. Not being able to do something forces people to be creative and that's one of the reasons I defend copyright (even though there are kinks that should be worked out) because without it we'd be fucked. Like look at video games if there was no copyright the moment Undertale became a big hit EA, Activision and all of the big Publishers would be putting out their Undertale game and it wouldn't end until the well dried up and they move onto the next thing to suck the bone marrow out of. You should never doubt the shittiness of big companies.

>but they are one of the few dwarves that much more closer match Tolkiens original visions of the dwarf.

I forgot about Witcher's dwarves to be honest but you brought up a good point in that the LotR movies don't get every exact detail correct which is another reason I think it's retarded to use them the way Transformers fans use that one size chart for G1 characters.
>>
>>6209496
>I really do think it would be a nightmare though because nobody would ever do anything original again and just make endless LotR movies, books, and games because it's what the general public knows.
again, how is that different from how it is now? The only difference is using copyrighted terms.

Look at past copyrighted works becoming public domain. I personally feel that while it will definitely ruin the tolkien universe, there will be more creativity then you let on. We will get unofficial sequels all depicting what each author feels is what should happen next. We might get something wonderful, but most of it will end up being crap which is always the case. To get a good work f fiction, society must first build a pile of crap.
>>
>>6209496
Please don't fall for the "creativity is only possible BECAUSE of copyrights" propaganda. Copyrights are a recent invention and all kinds of creative shit happened before they existed and will continue to exist long after copyrights go away. Copyrights are not the catalyst that makes people be creative and they are certainly not anything more than a blatant attempt at "idea ownership" normalization. The concept that an idea can be owned by whoever is first to market, first to patent or first to file.

The ultimate irony being that Disney who is one of the major proponents in increasing copyright power constantly uses stories from public domain sources and reinvents them. Yet they won't let anyone touch the shit they do create as a jumping off point to make shit with. At the end of the day something is only as creative as the person behind it is willing to make it. Some people just aren't creative.
>>
>>6209538
>again, how is that different from how it is now? The only difference is using copyrighted terms.

I dunno man I'd rather have series such as Berserk, Dark Souls, Witcher, Magic the Gathering, Warcraft, so on and so forth than the same old tired characters in the same old universe with the same old stories again and again. Sorry I just don't like the same thing over and over I want variety.

>>6209557
People should have rights to the things they make. You can bring up Disney as much as you want but that wont stop the fact that Copyright laws protect independents from big corporations that could steal their work and make way more money off it than they ever could. It's a double edged sword. I can't use Mickey but Disney can't use whatever I make and make more than I ever possibly could because they have way more resources.
>>
>>6209108
>t will probably bite me in the ass but I think I have to wait on these. Had they not have screwed me big time on 1.75 with the drop in quality

What drop in quality? I got Scaphoid and he seems fine. Or is he not from the 1.75 wave?
>>
Huh. Well. I'll eat a little bit of crow and say that the FanEx doesn't look terrible.
>>
>>6209583
Personally, I'm not a fan of it. It just doesn't seem right to me in some way.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488042279682.jpg (73KB, 790x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488042279682.jpg
73KB, 790x1500px
Hey look it didn't turn out to be a disaster after all.
>>
>>6209579
Copyrights were originally created to give people a certain amount of time in order to turn a profit on their work. Exactly what you wanted. Disney can't just swoop in and steal the idea until after that time period passes. What we have now is "unlimited copyright" that essentially treats corporations as living entities who are then capable of passing on their rights to other corporations. In essence, everything currently under copyright will forever be under copyright for all of time despite the fact the people who created it long being dead.

Even if you get rid of the corporate clause there are fucking GRANDCHILDREN profiting off shit they had no part in. Because they don't really give a shit about the medium or the original authors intent they treat it purely as an asset to be milked for money and act like giant cunts most of the time. This is no better than corporations owning something in perpetuity.

I'm not saying copyrights should be abolished but the monster they've become now needs to go away. Especially the constant attempts to increase copyright powers to the point of bullshit lawsuits which DO allow bigger companies to bully small people like you because even if they know the lawsuit is bullshit they can throw so much money at it that you have to give up. Even though you would win in court it'd bankrupt you.
>>
>>6209583
I agree, they mostly saved it. But the "spandex" is still bugging me
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488042284738.jpg (77KB, 894x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488042284738.jpg
77KB, 894x1500px
>>6209587

The magic staff, crossbow and bone sword won btw. So yeah, magic wielder type.
>>
>>6209587
it's still pretty bad. definitely the flop of this lines sales
>>
>>6209587
It's not awful, but the matte black on the upper torso is pretty awful looking. I certainly won't be getting it.
>>
>>6209591
I wish it had like the full armored upper body instead of the armored corset look. Then it wouldn't be like a full body catsuit, just sleeves and tights.

Definitely not the train wreck I expected.

>>6209592
Nah, I think that'll be the green elf or the gladiator. But maybe not, what do I know.
>>
>>6209587

Seeing this makes me wish they'd allow the chance to go back and add leather armor for the legs/arms or something. Spandex wouldn't be so bad if it was just around the neck.
>>
>>6209591
I don't care about the body being blacker than prison at midnight, but those armor colors just suck...
>>
>>6209597
>Nah, I think that'll be the green elf or the gladiator

Yeah, Myria Goldenbranch will probably be the flop. Looking at the pledges (and yes, I know they are not really reliable, but they're the only thing we can go off for now) she seems to have the least supporters.
>>
>>6209604
Although if she got some cool accessories or like an armored head I might consider her. I'm already considering the gladiator since he now comes with the trident which I really felt like he was missing (and I wasn't going to buy the whole weapon pack just for it).
>>
>>6209591

That looks super fucking cool. I don't know what you guys are complaining about here. I dig that.
>>
>>6209604
If they hadn't been so stubborn about making her green she'd of done better. There is a repaint on the forum that looks amazing. Even if they WERE gung-ho about the green the black eyes are also off putting. Had they given her some kind of iris detail (even on black eyes) it'd be more attractive.
>>
>>6209610
I actually really like the eyes, it's a unique detail.
>>
>>6209591
>>6209587

Okay, that looks MUCH better. Will definitely get one now.
>>
File: 125201713121.jpg (210KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
125201713121.jpg
210KB, 800x750px
Finally got these guys. I had them shipped to my parents' and I'm down visiting this weekend. I may see about flipping the stone troll though. I got both but I definitely like the forest one better I think.
>>
Hagnon finally getting something, skull with move able jaw and Owains helmet, both translucent.
>>
File: Love me.jpg (238KB, 1100x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Love me.jpg
238KB, 1100x1846px
>>6209669

Aw, but he's a sexy boy.
>>
wish they would update the images so you can see what everyone comes with
>>
>>6209727
At least they're sending out lists. But yeah, they should update the KS images. They definitely should by the time the backerkit happens.
>>
What is the backerkit?

If I only want Gwen Heavensbrand, a Boarrior, and 2 Iron Knight builders, what would be the best way of going about that
>>
>>6209738
>How to add addons to your pledge
in the OP
>>
>>6209738
>What is the backerkit?

It's basically a re-confirmation of what you're buying. If you put down for stuff on the Kickstarter, then it'll have that stuff already selected, and then you can just throw on add-ons and it'll tally up what more you owe, then charge you when you close out the Backerkit (which is the final confirmation of your order).
>>
>>6209738
Pledge for Gwendolynne or Boarrior, and add 69 to your pledge if you live in the US. When the backerkit comes out, use it to specify that you want the other named fig and 2 iron knights. It's basically a survey/storefront you use to specify what you are ordering thru your pledge
>>
>>705k Unlocked
>>Hagnon: Translucent Skull w/articulated jaw & Translucent Classic Knight Helmet (as worn by Sir Owain, Cador & the Silver Knight Legion Builder)

Finally have an interest now in this guy, his head just really didnt do it for me before
>>
>>6209710

Nice! I may pick up two of him...maybe three. Get a ghost group together.
>>
>hagnon stretch goals

mmmm so good.
>>
>>6209767
NOOOOOOO!
I was so happy I reduced my order to 5 figures. I never even liked Hagnon. But now I might have to get him too...
>>
>>6209838
Hagnon seems like it's gonna be the coolest figure in this line now. The skeletons are always cool but the transulence and the extra heads really make it a steal
>>
>>Vampire Legion Builder: Full Elf Helmet in Vampire colors

Yessss, keep it coming 4H
>>
>>6209903
I'm surprised, it seems the Vampire Legion set doesn't come with alternate heads except for if the goal is unlocked.
>>
>>6209587
I didn't vote & it DOES look decent but all I'm ever going to think of when I see it is ll the drama that it took to make it.
>>
>$705,000
>- Hagnon: Translucent Skull w/articulated jaw & Translucent Classic Knight Helmet (as worn by Sir Owain, Cador & the Silver Knight Legion Builder)

>$720,000
>- Vampire Legion Builder: Full Elf Helmet in Vampire colors

>$735,000
>- Calavius: Helmet used by Gorgo Aetherblade with bull horns

>$750,000
- Gwendolynne Heavensbrand: Un-helmeted head

All that shit better not be exclusive to the Kickstarter, I want to pick this stuff up next year.

That reminds me, the kickstarter exclusive is the Four Horsemen sword. There won't be other runs of it.
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (170KB, 921x761px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
170KB, 921x761px
>tfw was Hagnon since day 1 because I missed out on the first KS and wanted a Skeleton
>>
>>6209918

Yeah, Vampires dont get the love everyone else is...at least they have more people in this wave, unlike Leodysseus (legion builder aside)
>>
File: 1449192279510.png (87KB, 255x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449192279510.png
87KB, 255x240px
>>6209923
>Gwendolynne Heavensbrand: Un-helmeted head
>>
>>6209923
Anybody think they could have tossed more weapons/heads on these final (?) unlocked goals?

Extra heads are a game changer, now I'm getting three Hangons for a 'Specter Squad'
>>
>>6209931
I'm all about the vamps. The only one I'm kind of iffy on is the generic thin vamp knight.
>>
>>6209935
I want an alternate head for Mandibulus!
>>
>>6209941
>I want an alternate head for Mandibulus!
>it's the skull inside your head
>>
>>6209940

I'm getting two female legion builders thanks to alternate closed helmed heads so they can be Volligar's bitches, and probably one knight since he comes with an unhelmeted head- i just hate the condom looking headwear vibe they have
>>
>>6209935
I was back and forth between her and Delphina for my "primary" pledge, but that settles that.

If an unhelmeted Delphina gets added to stretch goals (which I doubt), it's going to get tricky again.
>>
>>6209923
>vampire get elf weapons
>vampire gets elf helmet

Th-thanks
>>
File: 1487047844802.png (193KB, 384x790px) Image search: [Google]
1487047844802.png
193KB, 384x790px
>>6209930
WHERE ARE MY GHOST NIGGAS AT
>>
File: hagbro.jpg (26KB, 351x322px) Image search: [Google]
hagbro.jpg
26KB, 351x322px
>>6210073

aww yeah
>>
Ok: You're limited to five figures. Who's it gonna be?

Option 1: You can swap one full price figure for two of the $18 ones (for a total of 6 figures)

Option 2: Select one weapon pack.
>>
>$750,000
>- Gwendolynne Heavensbrand: Un-helmeted head
OMG! I thought the bonus heads would be generic items reapinted?
>>
>>6210095

option 1

Too much value in the builders, even before the added stuff, now there's too much to pass.
>>
>>6210054
Get both and slap the extra head on Delphina, because Gwyndolynne already has a unique helmet.
>>
I'm giving 4HM a lot of credit. They could a have stopped at the final figure and called it a day but these bonus pieces really are exciting
>>
>>6210179

Yeah, all the extra shit really brings the hype back for the older figures. It's smart too because figures that were unpopular now have become wanted because of the extra stuff.
>>
File: 1317172950606.jpg (32KB, 486x485px) Image search: [Google]
1317172950606.jpg
32KB, 486x485px
>>6209587

Sorry but that still looks like shit to me.

Not really feeling the deco at all. The black thighs and arms just look wrong.
>>
>>6209923
>>- Calavius: Helmet used by Gorgo Aetherblade with bull horns
damn who gives a shit about calavius?
>>
>>6210238
Honestly? He's very tempting now, especially if his skin wouldn't scrap off because I just want a big muscle guy (I'm looking at you, barbarian builder). And with the new helmet he can be either a barbarian or a gladiator and the trident is super cool.
>>
File: rps20170225_180008.jpg (55KB, 937x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170225_180008.jpg
55KB, 937x1024px
Anyone making last minute pledge changes to help bump up to these goals?
>>
>>6210208

Your loss.
>>
>think this will never get to 750k
>suddenly bumps up to 740k

wat
>>
>>6210208
Yeah. The whole spandex look is retarded.
>>
File: Mythic_legions_order.png (1MB, 1566x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic_legions_order.png
1MB, 1566x1102px
>>6210252

Every single figure i'm ordering is getting something added, so i'm definitely happy and not making any changes, but, i might go over my limit and snatch some good guys.
>>
the bonus stuff isn't KS exclusive, right?
>>
>>6210279

only thing that's KS exclusive is the Sword Horsemen you get with a $30+ pledge
>>
File: 1312077016174.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
1312077016174.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
>>6210253

Not really. It's actually my gain. Cause those morons on the forums completely fucked up the figure, I won't be buying the figure and can save $33... or buy another figure from the line.

Either way it's my gain.

>>6210270

Exactly.

The unpainted prototype looked pretty good but now that the deco has been added it completely ruins the figure.

Personally if they had just gone with bare skin instead of the "spandex look" it would be 100% better.

>>6210253
>>
>>6209767
goddamnnnn I really can't afford more figures and I didn't care for him until now
>>
>>6209767
I still don't get why Hagnon isn't legion builder priced. He's completely unpainted.
>>
>>6210293
you know, that's actually a good point.
I guess the translucent plastic is more expensive, but he could probably have been legion builder priced. If he was I would definitely get him
>>
File: IMG_0131.jpg (1MB, 3024x3778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0131.jpg
1MB, 3024x3778px
I love this guy.
>>
>>6210293
translucent plastic makes more of a difference than you might think
>>
>>6210293
>He's completely unpainted.

That's not how toys work. Stop trying to make this dumb argument.
>>
>>6210300
Isn't it transparent in its natural form? I thought you needed to add dyes to make colored plastics.
>>
File: IMG_6573.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6573.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>6210298

i keep mine with a skull head
>>
>>6210303
They are translucent to an extent, but not enough to be transparent. You can see what color they are if you're paint chipped or the inside of a skelly's head.
>>
pawning my synthesizer to pickup a couple figures kek
>>
>>6210272
>All them gobbos and no Nubnik

I too am tempted to throw another good guy in with my order.
>>
>>6210252
Nothing to bump up, but I changed my origional pledge of an Iron Knight to a Vampire Legion builder.
Still getting Big Skelebrother and Morgolyth, along with the undead weapon pack.
>>
Some absolute madman did the 10k pledge, can't wait to see what his figure is.

>inb4 green kangaroo
>>
>>6210365
>tfw it wasn't me
I've never been so sad about not getting money I'm owed
>>
>>6210305
He's so happy!
>>
>>6210305
Christopher Walken?
>>
>>6209918
None of the legion builders did except the elf before stretch goals.
>>
>>6209923
>That reminds me, the kickstarter exclusive is the Four Horsemen sword. There won't be other runs of it.
Incorrect. The exclusive is a specific color scheme of the sword. Thistlethorn will till come with the sword in the regular colors.
>>
File: 1444176051204.png (70KB, 440x470px) Image search: [Google]
1444176051204.png
70KB, 440x470px
>these new extras have me adding even more to my pledge

Well played 4H.

You bastards!
>>
>>6210302
Thats literally the only difference between a named character and a legion builder though.
>>
>>6210365
I wonder if it really does need to be your actual likeness, or if you could just send them a photo of anyone and get that made.
>>
>>6210451

It's literally not. But please, continue to make your tired ass argument over and over and over again.
>>
>>6210451
The fictional bio costs thousands of dollars for them to write
>>
>>6210475
Let's hear the difference then
>>
>>6210451
Custom tooling, unique parts. In the case of hagnon, both are needed. He has a unique head, and what looks like a metal chain. Also the fully transparent plastic probably has unique challenges. I think the price is fine.

>>6210448
Me too. I was going to pass on gonxx til I knew he got a flail.
>>
>>6210499
4H previously said they planned to reuse the head and it's doubtful they won't reuse the accessory tooling
>>
>>6210506
I'm sure they will, but the first time they use it it costs money. Like they said in interviews, they don't make very much on the kickstarters, the later waves reusing parts from KS characters are a little more profitable.
>>
Doesn't the vampire troop builder have an exclusive head?
>>
>>6210484

New head, use of clear plastic, and the weapons and chains. I hate to break it to you, but that shit still costs money to produce. But you don't know how anything works, so you can just sit at a computer and say "why aren't they catering to me?"
>>
File: potato salad.png (51KB, 1018x512px) Image search: [Google]
potato salad.png
51KB, 1018x512px
>>6210448
Yeah I actually had only 150 ish before all these new stretch goals with added weapons.

I didn't even want B'alam but I love me some bucket heads.
>>
>>6210469
For legal reason, yes. It does have to be your likeness. Or at least the likeness of the person who actually signed it away.
>>
>>6210524
I mean between named characters and legion builders in general. I'm not the anon that suggested Hagnon should be a legion builder. But none of those things apply to several named characters in 1.0, and the only difference is the amount of paint detail.
>>
>>6210516
All the new legion builders are using new tooling as well. Just saying.
>>
>>6210572
I'm not arguing with people who are wondering why the pricing, but I'm not surprised by it. I think the 3 heads, clear plastic, and ball and chain justify it, honestly.
>>
>>6210523
I think she will have the elf helmet with a black paintjob if I'm correct
>>
>>6210614
i still love anons idea of visible bones inside him and a spectral armor.
>>
>>6210622
Seriously. That would be sick as fuck, a floating suit of haunted armor.
>>
>>6210630

its possible, just need to swap some parts out from the other skeletons.
>>
>>6210637
Although then you end up with the opposite, a visible skeleton with invisible armor. Heh.

If only there was a two part helmet where the face could be cast in transparent and the helmet in opaque. Maybe the skelebuilder one?
>>
Wish the Vampire Legion chick would include Gryshaa the Slytherer's head as a bonus. That might look really good.
>>
Gwen gets her new head!

750k unlocked
>>
>>6210757
YES!
>>
>>6210646
There would be no real reason to get Grysha outside his headsculpt.
>>
>>6210579
>>6210580
I'm not even the guy who brought up Hagnon. I'm just arguing that point that legion builders' main reason for being cheaper is paint apps. Which is true.
>>
>>6210765

True, id rather him remain a mystery, like how Fett was in Empire & Jedi
>>
Just realized Morgolyth is the only skeleton so far with eyes.
>>
If I recall correctly, there's another backers only window for leftover preorder, before the leftover is open to public right?

I won't be able to afford everything I want up front here, but at least when competing in closed system with other backers for leftovers rather than the general public the chances are higher
>>
File: SDCC-2016-Mythic-Legions-073.jpg (214KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC-2016-Mythic-Legions-073.jpg
214KB, 1280x1920px
can i get some display pose ideas?
>>
File: Boomer.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boomer.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>6210820

something like this
>>
>>6210801
For the Pre-Order sale, there really is no need for a Backers Only window, the pre-order does not run out of figures. It was the In-Stock sale that gave backers a 24 hour first shot at the figures after they arrived in their wharehouse.
>>
>>6210789
Its broken-off mask built into her headdress, the lower half of the mask face is smashed off.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170226-003841.jpg (213KB, 568x943px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-003841.jpg
213KB, 568x943px
>>6210845
Nigga, those are eyes
>>
>>6210820
Eh these guys aren't really the most dynamically poseable figures out there.

If you want to play onto their strength these figures look the best just standing there as an army when there's lots of them
>>
>>6210828
>It was the In-Stock sale that gave backers a 24 hour first shot at the figures after they arrived in their wharehouse.

Yeah this is what I mean. Is it gonna happen again?
>>
>>6210760
>>6210757

Why did people demand this again? She already has a perfect masked/unmasked look built in like Gideon.
>>
>>6210865
Maybe so she can take off her helmet and pose with her helmet.
>>
>>6210852
Hm maybe you're right.

Also, based on what was said about what comes with the skeleton soldier builder, her bare skeleton head is a different head than the helmeted head, so you can put on Morgalyth if you want, for people who didnt like her headdress
>>
>KS moving at record time
>4H are asleep

WAKE UP
>>
>>6210871
You'd have to make sure you cant see thru her visor, because her face will still be in that helmet.

>>6210865
I personally am excited for more options for partswapping.
>>
>>6210882
Or you can put her helmetless head onto the naked body turn her into a slave and get her fucked by big green orc dick in /toy/ lewd photography thread
>>
>>6210887
Which naked body? The nakedest I can think of is Jjuno
>>
>>6210891
Yeah her or the barbarian builder girl
>>
If I get everything I want I'd be spending about 650ish but I managed to trim it down to 330ish.

Vampire legion Builder and Delphina are two figures I might want to add to that smaller list tho
>>
File: 1162017201249.jpg (296KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1162017201249.jpg
296KB, 960x960px
>>6210820
He can swing his axe down or up pretty well.
>>
>>6210911
I'd say from experience if you want the builders, this would be the best time to do so.

BBTS historically has $20 markup for the builder, and $12 markup for the named character. Ebay fucking mostly sell builders at a price of named characters, which is about $50++. You can't get a builder any other time cheaper than $18
>>
File: b23ac9e3d19453bdb27f556145acfecf.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b23ac9e3d19453bdb27f556145acfecf.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
What do you guys want as Gwen's bare head? I'm hoping she's a short haired Joan of Arc type.
>>
>>6210918
CUTE
>>
>>6210918

hagnons head, colored. with red lipstick
>>
>>6210918
>short haired
Degenerate scum!
>>
>>6210852
I'm so torn on her. I don't know if i want her or not yet. I could leave her off for the kickstarter and then add her in when they send the backer kit, right? I'm hoping they'll have more pictures of them all by then.
>>
update the stretch goals 4H
>>
>>Calavius: Helmet used by Gorgo Aetherblade with bull horns

Man the best thing about Calavius is his unique gladiator helmet that completes his appearance. Of all the figures that need an extra head this isn't it but hey, freebies are neat.
>>
>>6210911
This is the best point made. Im gonna add the vampire legion and probably another gobbo for sure now
>>
i'm really hoping for a translucent sword reward for hagbro
>>
Damnit, all these new heads are gamechangers. I might even get that stupid fucking cat knight now because the paintjob is great and the bucket helm is badass.
>>
>>6210918
I'm also hoping for short hair. Anything else would be annoying to put up in that helmet, so I think its a safe bet.

>>6210930
You could put the spare skull head from the skeleton soldier builder on Morgolyth if you dont like her headdress.

Also her paint is pearlescent, 4h says that it photographs badly in some light, so check out the pictures people capped from youtube videos
>>
Have they even answered what each release comes with yet? Like I know the Vampire Legion Builder comes with a sword and spear but is that it? Does it not come with the shield or axe?

Outside of these unlocked things I have no clue what it comes with. Does it even come with an unhelmeted head? They are doing a piss poor job keeping us informed.
>>
>765k goal passed

WAKE UP 4H
>>
>>6211033
>I might even get that stupid fucking cat knight now because the paintjob is great and the bucket helm is badass.

The cat was a bittersweet pass since I loved the perfect fantasy armor colors but now he's like a must buy. I just hope the tail comes right off.
>>
>>6211057
huh, didn't expect us to hit it till it was closer to the end, reckon we might even get to the next one
>>
>>6211061
Or leave the tail and pretend it's a trophy piece hanging from the tasset?
>>
File: manlet army.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
manlet army.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
>>6209406
>>6209403
Dudes, it's not even Tolkien who made goblins small.
Goblins have always been portrayed as small since forever and commonly found in post-Tolkien work. And Tolkien himself doesn't use goblins like everyone else does anyway, since they're just orcs. He just retconned the Hobbit goblins to being underfed orcs.

>>6209084
But the retooling for the dwarves works. They used appropriate sized parts and look good for it. The goblins? They're not the little minions and now it doesn't seem like we'll ever be able to have an army of little minions and helpers. How cool would it have been to have cheap cannon fodder like that, swarming and hopping ontop the larger sized figures?
It's like making dwarves human sized instead, but I guess people wouldn't defend that like crazy since dwarves are more well known and portrayed in popular media, huh?
>>
>>6211129

these goblins are like literally half as tall as the series 1 knights what are you people even complaining about
>>
File: gobbos.png (2MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
gobbos.png
2MB, 1000x750px
>>6211136
They're teh same height as dwarves, chest high on males and about shoudler height with females.

>what are you people even complaining about
The want for proper goblins, which would have required different molds, which would have required them to have saved them for a later kickstarter to fund new molds needed for other smaller races like halflings, kenders, gnomes, etc.
>>
>>6211149
look at DEM TIDDES
>>
>tfw 14 hrs left
>>
>>6211149
>proper goblins
this is what you're not getting, this line isn't an adaptation of anything, just because 4h's goblins aren't the goblins you want them to be doesn't make them improper
>>
>>6211224
>implying you'd be saying this if the dwarves and humans were the same size
... or are you that apathetic about all the material 4H is basing their toys on?
>>
>>6210926

Someone pitch this to Cornboy
>>
>>6211230
>hyperbole because I can't actually concede an argument
>>
>>6211247
>take 999 minutes to falsely claim hyperbole because an honest answer would concede that I'm completely arbitrary because it suits my argument
Nice nonanswer.
Either you think it's okay to make dwarves the same size as humans or you plain don't give a shit about fantasy.

Ok, that's unfair. I guess you could be arguing just to argue. Or maybe save face? Or just don't give a shit about goblins because you dont care to even buy them? Perhaps you're one of the 4H guys and don't want to admit you're making Mattel like decisions?
Of course, some of these would just mean you plain don't give a shit, so same shit?
>>
>>6211230
Dwarves are different because without their short stature they're literally just stocky humans with beards

Not at all the same thing
>>
File: 1487228159185.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487228159185.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>6211263
>I guess you could be arguing just to argue.
Now that's what I call 'irony'
>>
File: deanna-troi-24189992-694-530.jpg (66KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
deanna-troi-24189992-694-530.jpg
66KB, 694x530px
>>6211285
>the point
>your head
you just admitted that height is pretty important and are completely arbitrary with your logic.

Are elves just humans with pointy ears then? Because an elf is as different to a human as a dwarf is to humans besides their height.

So what about halfings?
Or trolls?

But whatever, the fact you're even reaching this far and trying to rationalize your logic just shows you understand what I'm talking about, but just want to defend their cheap retool that required more new molds.
>>
File: buzz.jpg (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
94KB, 1200x900px
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO THE GOBLIN AUTIST A FUCKING GAIN?
>>
Goblins are generally supposed to be smaller than humans and ML does this. Arguing how tall they are supposed to be compared to dwarves is ridiculous.

For fuck's sake, "goblin" is not even a trademark. They could make a minotaur and call it a goblin if they so wanted.
>>
File: Iconsbats-18.jpg (451KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
Iconsbats-18.jpg
451KB, 1023x682px
>>6211304
>They could make a minotaur and call it a goblin if they so wanted.
Yeah, and how many people would be raging over that?
Pretty silly, and yet people here care about scale too. Size does matter, as that guy points out about the dwarf needing to be shorter than a human.

btw, a dwarf is to humans as a goblin is to a dwarf.

At least with pic, it can be explained that it's Dick and Dick is shorter than Bruce. Goblins using limbs for other races, which makes them taller than they should be is just 4H doing what they learned from Mattel.
>>
why can't you learn to not take bait, /toy/?
>>
>>6211311
Seriously. Why is anyone even responding to goblinanon? It's just the same responses over and over again.
>>
So what did everyone order?
>>
>>6211337

Well I sold my left kidney off, so I think I'm good for a few more skeletons!
>>
>>6211337
Vamp Legion, Dark Weapon Pack, Mandibulus, and Morgolyth
>>
The $720k goal, "full elf helmet in vampire colors" is the full elf helmet just a recolor of the elf head or is it the shadow warrior head with the jaw too
>>
>>6211337
The only things I'm 100% right now are the knight builder and the steel knight. Those'll give me all the combinations/variations of knights I could want, both male and female.
>>
>>6211349

It says elf helmet, not shadow warrior.

This changed the vampire builder from a pass to must get for me. She will now look like an evil she-black knight.
>>
>>6211337
>Deluxe Knight Builder
>Jjuno
>Gwendolynn Heavensbrand
>King Bromdenn Ironjaw
>Orc Builder
>Cavern Dwarf Builder
>Brother Mandibulus
>Knubnik
>Elf Ranger
>Goblin Builder
>>
File: Mythic Legions Pledge.png (262KB, 430x704px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic Legions Pledge.png
262KB, 430x704px
>>6211337
>>
>>6211352

So basically just the head from the elf lb?

I pretty much wanted it for the same reason you do but if it's not a full helmet and it's the face of a male figure, it's just not doing it for me.
>>
>>6211359
It's the closed helmet, dude.
>>
File: 1332580011657.jpg (197KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1332580011657.jpg
197KB, 800x800px
>>6210918
>short haired
>>
>>6211363

Oh? Sorry, just confused as there are no pics of the helmeted elf head, so I assumed it would be the default one
Thanks for the clarification
>>
>>6210976
>Calavius is his unique gladiator helmet that completes his appearance. Of all the figures that need an extra head this isn't it

Agreed. I personally would have preferred if they included the helmeted elf head with Myria so we could assemble some more Whisperling elves.
>>
>>6211337

Pledging $129 by pledging a $30 legion builder, and adding on three $33 dollar figs. Gonna give $99 more dollars for 3 more figs on backerkit (I'm hoping they're 33 each on BK)
>>
>>6211381
Well if the ears are green on the helmeted elf then you can.
>>
>>6211337

Gwen
Iron knight builder
Wasn't planning on it but Hagnon now that he comes with those extra heads
Also now considering the vamp builder because of >>6211352

Female knights are just so cool, breastplates aside.
>>
File: 4h gave up.jpg (15KB, 658x255px) Image search: [Google]
4h gave up.jpg
15KB, 658x255px
>$793,735 and climbing....

Think 4H just said 'fuck it, thats enough'?
>>
I was strongly considering getting some but now that I think about it...probably going to be upwards of 15+ months before I get any of this stuff in hand which makes me question how much I want it. I do like some of the extra stuff that is being unlocked but honestly it should have come with them in the first place IMO. Having a generic sword/spear/axe/shield with everyone was dumb as hell.

I just don't know. I get the appeal of 4H stuff in having big impressive displays all in the same "style" but I don't want my money tied up that long either. Not a fan of the re-using of parts either even if it's done well. What really kills it for me though is the lack of extra hands and not being able to two hand swords or even point swords due to lack of extra hands or lack of needed articulation.

I would be bummed if a ton of imports went up and I had hundreds tied up in this KS because a lot of those upcoming imports could easily work in a fantasy display. Stuff like the Takeya Knight that comes in foot soldier and cavalry variants looks amazing, definitely better than the Iron Knight Builder. Or the figma Takeya Devilman can easily be a demon stand in right next to the soon to be released Berserk stuff. The figma Dark Souls Black Knight is a no brainer, Bloodborne also fits. The upcoming Vulcanlog MH could fit as well, Kaiser-X looks like a crazy knight and Kirin female could easily be an amazon warrior.

When I think about it...there is only a few designs in this KS I think compete with those imports. The weapon packs have me more excited than the vast majority of the characters.
>>
>>6211490
Yeah. Same. I'm locking down a few things now, but I'll probably wait until the actual sale to get many more. Plus Boss Fight's fantasy stuff may be here as soon as the end of the year and 1/18 is more up my alley.
>>
>>6211381
The closed helmet on the legion builder elf has green ears for this purpose
>>
I can't believe they promised to give us a list of what accessories come with each character BEFORE the KS ended and then flaked on it. Yes, I understand a bunch of stuff is currently unlocking but they could have at least given us a list of stuff that came with each character not relating to the unlock stretch goals.

Like I kind of want Lucretia but if she seriously only comes with two ultra generic swords (and the unlock swords) then that's pretty lame. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for and they need to get off their ass and give us a list.
>>
>>6211531
Yeah, Lucretia is probably the biggest disappointment.
>>
>>6211531
>they need to get off their ass and give us a list

I agree.

Honestly, this shit should have been all set and ready to go BEFORE the KS even started.
>>
File: 1439007087943.jpg (95KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439007087943.jpg
95KB, 500x600px
>>6211337
>Hagnon
>Gwendolynne Heavensbrand
>Brother Mandibulus
>Skeleton Soldier Builder
The Hagnon bonus really forced my hand to get both him and Gwen versus either. Round shield bonus to skelly soldier is a pleasant addition.
>>
File: Add on 02.26.174chan.jpg (952KB, 1375x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Add on 02.26.174chan.jpg
952KB, 1375x3500px
8 hours to go

Added all the unlocked extra weapons to the characters, since the file is so big I posted a larger res version on the link below for everybody's visual reference:

http://imgur.com/a/onIT4

Gotta go to my day gig, I'll update the image in between shows but won't be able to post it until I get home (work wi-fi blocks 4chan).
>>
>>6211337

I'm at about $2700 but I'll add more to the Backkicker. I figure my final will be around $3,500.

I pledged only $2,200 the last KS but this time they've done a better job. I also eneded up buying more from their store and BBTS later on to pick up the stuff I passed on. This time I'm just going to buy everything I want now and save some money over all.
>>
>>6211596
thanks for your work, it's really helpful
>>
>>6211553
I agree, this should have been already finished

I just hope they'll finish it before the backerkit ends...
>>
>>6211607
They'll finish it before the backer kit. Hoenstly, this probably went way faster than expected. They never reached this numbers in their last one.
>>
>>6211606
very welcome
>>
>>6211379
>no pics of the helmeted elf head
>>6211349
???
>>
>>6211337
Myria
Delphina
Herra
Gadriel
Balam
Mandibilus

BTW, I've been following this thing all month, and I've only just found out today that the rewards actually show how many people pledged each figure. Apparently barely anyone picked Myria or the Vamp Knight
>>
Oh wow we blazed past two more goals while I was asleep.

>>6211596
Missed the part where Morgolyth is gonna have the buster sword, tempted to just get her now instead of the weapon pack since I'm already getting the other weps I want from it with figures. Except the top left sword.
>>
>>6211705
I know that feeling, but I'm sticking by the weapon kit so I can give the other stuff to the baddies I got in 1.0
>>
File: 4H Kickstarter.jpg (357KB, 966x1222px) Image search: [Google]
4H Kickstarter.jpg
357KB, 966x1222px
>>6211337
I managed to keep it to these four, but I wish I could go overboard and get more
>>
Wonder if the extra skull from the skeleton builder will fit the goblin builder to make a wicked dwarf skeleton.
>>
>>6211731
I kinda wish B'alam had a hooded head, too.
>>
>>6211337
>Lucretia initial pledge ($45)
>Vampire Legion Builder 6 pack ($95)
>Brother Mandibulus ($33)
>Xarria ($33)
>Skeleton Legion Builder x2 ($66)
>Morgolyth ($33)
>Total $305

Dozen figures for just over $300 isn't that bad, especially since they'd be $50+ later. Initially I only had $140 down for Lucretia and the vampire legion builder set. Brother Mandibulus and Xarria was really tempted but I held out until the Skeleton Soldiers were revealed. So I upped to get the Brother and Xarria and a couple more. Morgolyth was just a few dollars more than updated pledge, and I love everything about her.

The vampire knight is the only vampire figure I won't have, since all I got from the first wave was Vorgus and Carpathias, and I just ordered Volliger once it was revealed he was Lucretia's father. Still not sure if I want the vampire knight or not, but I think I can pass because he's not a named character and I'm more interested in the fem knights.

Also, interesting that Brother Mandibulus is the only male character I'm ordering (Yeah, the Skeleton legions can be male or female, but lesbian honest here, I'm only getting them as skeletits for the Brother). 4H had said they considered making this wave female only, but then there was butthurt about people not wanting to buy just females.
>>
So guys, I hope you can help me out. I've totaled up the figures I want and know the price. Is that what I should "initially" pledge into the kickstarter via whaetever figure I want to start with? Or should I just pledge the deluxe knight and pay the rest later?
>>
New Thread

>>6211762
>>
>>6211757
Pledge for the knight on the right, then click "manage your pledge" at the top and increase it to your total cost.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.