[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/TFG transformers general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 85

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2173px
Follow your dreams edition

Previous ded
>>6200945
>>
Let's start this off with a question.

What is the better tr boxset?
>>
File: IMG_7350.jpg (2MB, 4032x2863px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7350.jpg
2MB, 4032x2863px
It's not perfect, by I like how these two pair up. Armada Jetfire got me interested in G1 Jetfire, and I always thought the design was cool. I already have 1/60 versions of this vF-1S, it this 1/48 scale one gets the size closer to how huge G1 Jetfire was.

Previous owner yellowed the fuck out of it, though. Right side looks like it got exposed to sun for years.
>>
>>6203001
Well, both sets have a clusterfuck deluxe
Thuderwing is obviously the superior titan master
Laser Optimus is obviously the superior voyager
Pounce is obviously the superior clone
and Ginrai is obviously the superior Leader

So that sounds like the Ginrai/Tidalwave/Metalhawk/Pounce/Thunderwing set is the best, but when you think about it, the other set has a pretty strong contender with laser prime, and quickswitch isn't that bad. Nautica is a fan favorite, and the Rodimus head is a lot more usable than the thunderwing.

I'd say they're pretty evenly matched, but personally I'd pick the Ginrai set.
>>
>>6203014
>Laser Optimus is obviously the superior voyager
I THINK YOU MEAN TIDAL WAVE
>>
>>6203001
too bad we can't have just a boxset of Voyager prime, metal hawk and tidal wave with pounce and th thunderwing tm
>>
>>6203014
Nothing wrong with Metalhawk aside from being a remold. He is just more based on his inner robot from Masterforce.
>>
File: image.jpg (298KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298KB, 2048x1362px
For reference

Im planning on getting this set for ginrai and selling off metalhawk and possibly tidal wave
>>
>>6203035
Gps?
>>
File: image.jpg (311KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311KB, 2048x1362px
>>6203045
>>
I'm just going to buy titalwave and turn him into a body for Crashbash.
>>
>>6203082
tidalwave isn't sold seperately
I wonder how much of these gift sets will go up on ebay for cheap, since people will buy the set for one or two.
If quickswitch ends up flooding ebay for cheap, I might pick him up rather than sixshot.
>>
>>6203045
>>6203059
What's going to happen when Hasbro runs out of old G1 toys to modernize with this line? What's in store with Power of the Primes?
>>
>>6203084
I know he's not sold separately. I'm just saying I want the box set but I don't want any Armada Scum ruining my shelf.

Also does anyone have clear pics of the face mode to hasbro ginrai? He almost looks like his face mode is a white ultra magnus but I can't tell.
>>
>>6203091
Exclusive g2 only molds, beasts but warden might be gone before beasts happens. They could skip bw and go straight to RID2000 and armada considering those kids are in there 20's now.
>>
We're going to get Pretenders we have no yet exausted Pretenders, we also need predaking, Seacons, and Dinoking/Monstructor.
>>
>>6203001
It’s tough to decide, both sets have positives and negatives but I’d probably give the nod to the Cybertron set, if only because I was pleasantly surprised by Metalhawk and profoundly disappointed by Nautica.

I’m planning to get both sets but will only be keeping Tidal Wave, Metalhawk and Pounce from one and Laser Prime, Nautica and Fastlane from the other. Maybe Quickswitch too, depending how I feel once he’s in hand.
>>
>>6203107
>Exclusive g2 only molds

You won't see me complaining.
>>
>>6203108
I can see the next line being organic driven, and that's why we'll get the predacons, secons, monstructor, etc. Pretenders fit into that.
I'm just not sure how they'll go. Maybe they'll all be like thunderwing, where the shell transforms too.
That and I hope they handle it like UM, where the chest opens and you pull a small robot out, not a shell that splits in two.
>>
>>6203091
They can go back to G1 and re-modernize the Seekers, Ironhide/Ratchet and Datsun Triplets (without a combining gimmick this time) along with the Dinobots.
>>
>>6203109
I wish I knew some people who bought transformers to split some of the figures.
>>
>>6203120
but you have to invest in the massive cost of the set and there is zero guarantee you will sell what you don't want for enough to make it worth the trouble. It's a big gamble for one toy. You're better off getting the one toy you want loose on eBay.
>>
>>6203053
Doubt there will be any GPS on that Metal Hawk.
>>
>>6203107
>Skip BW for Armada
Fucking gay
>>
>>6202997
How does Sentinel look with Sawback as a head? I'm thinking of getting him just to permanently be a body for him.
>>
>>6202898

Well, it is more aesthetically pleasing for the figure to not have giant clodhopper feet, but on the other side they definitely aren't the greatest thing ever for poses or balance.

Guess thats why she has a hole in her back, so you can plug a stand up her bothole and then it doesn't matter what her feet are like.

>>6203208

I'd upload a pic but right now 4chan seems to be going full retard and not allowing any uploads.
>>
>>6203211
>uploads.
Test
Not even post apparently
>>
>>6203091
Geewun reedun in bayformer aesthetics.
>>
>>6203211
>Well, it is more aesthetically pleasing for the figure to not have giant clodhopper feet, but on the other side they definitely aren't the greatest thing ever for poses or balance.

I wasn't exactly calling it the worst figure ever or anything, but the tiny calves/feet and the big old backpack look like something Transformers escaped after the Beast Era.

The big chunky boots that Animated Arcee had with a very similar altmode were much more up my alley.
>>
>>6203240
Animated Arcee up your "alley"?
Ewww
>>
>>6203091
Warden's dream line remains redoing the entire first G1 wave with each figure being the definitive remake; he's never been able to get Hasbro to greenlight it though (the filler waves of Combiner Wars was the closest but it was filled with a lot of compromises)
>>
>>6203249
Man there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>6203252
>Jerid might join for the first time ever

That is so fucking strange.
>>
Normally I try to stay positive, but after fiddling with Voyager Optimus, Id recommend putting the money toward the TR multipack with the G2 Optimus homage.

Megatrons jet mode is better than the tank. You can mount his guns in the 5mm compatible holes in his shoulders
>>
>>6203249
He makes way too many compromises by adding these unnecessary gimmicks to ones that never should had them in the first place. I get he needs to get kids to buy the toys. But making TFTM characters, all the Con triple changers and the phase 6ers all HMs was just the wrong way to go.

And then he has been wasting resources making so many molds for TR that he barely reuses. The same with the Voy Sky-Lynx and he only did that because it was apparently his favorite toy/character.
>>
>>6203269
Sky Lynx is easily the best torso imo though, even with all his problems like the non-existent hip ratchets.

He pulls off by far the most natural-looking A-stance of them all, and he can actually pose quite well without falling over, even before doing his ratchets fix. Though I would say he needs 3P feet more than all the other torsobots.
>>
>>6203269
Think about it this way, adding those non-gimmick characters to a gimmick line was the only way to get new versions of them.

also can't believe you are asking for repaints.
>>
>>6203299
>>6203299
His accidental shoulder butterfly articulation helps him a lot, but I would pretter if the shoulder locked for stability, i still think Silverbolt makes the best torso, almost all right proportions (except the legs) and solid as a rock.
>>
>>6203337
Except when Superion's head comes off because you hamfisted it trying to get the bastard out.
>>
File: dream team.jpg (119KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
dream team.jpg
119KB, 800x533px
imageposting is back
>>
File: smug reign.jpg (308KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
smug reign.jpg
308KB, 857x1143px
I wish I had another primarily black limb to go with G2 Dragstrip, Airraid, and Trialbreaker.

Flatface-Ravage isn't really an option.
>>
>>6203045
>>6203059

>Selling clones separately

Fucking heathens.

>>6203373

>TFW I actually had those guys
..."had"?
I still have them.
>>
>>6203360
Kinda wish we were like the other generals here and would keep posting in old threads well into the 600 post count.
>>
>>6203385
we use to be like that before the summer of 2014 but it just turn into weird shitposting that became serious to start a new thread right at the limit.
>>
>>6203385
On Saturday, the one toyfair thread went over 600 posts. Felt nostalgic, man.
>>
File: skelly says what.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skelly says what.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>6203340
How in the fuck do you do that?

That's waaaaaaay too much excessive force to use
>>
File: CslSMToUkAErA3o.jpg large.jpg (582KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CslSMToUkAErA3o.jpg large.jpg
582KB, 2048x1536px
what's your favorite basic/scout/legends or something similar?
pic isn't mine, but i'm considering to get another brimstone for my worker megs
>>
>>6202997
MAKE CYBERTRON GREAT AGAIN
>>
File: STL043569[1].jpg (2MB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
STL043569[1].jpg
2MB, 1186x1800px
Watch out Sakamoto, you're not the only triggering one in town!
>>
File: cosmos a best 02.png (613KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos a best 02.png
613KB, 600x600px
>>6203405
Either Shockwave or Cosmos. This green doorbell is fun to swoosh around, and he's no slouch when it comes to articulation either.

I'm glad that newcomers get another crack at him in the next wave of TR.
>>
File: Ejector.jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ejector.jpg
97KB, 800x600px
>>6203414
Oh wait! There's one Scout figure I really truly adore, probably more than any of the others I own.
>>
File: Poop posting.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Poop posting.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>6203405
Shockwave currently.
>>
>>6203393
>Expected shit Bayformers
>Got Megatron and Hound

10/10 would stay up all night again
>>
File: F_yeah_g2.jpg (309KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
F_yeah_g2.jpg
309KB, 1024x768px
>>6203405

Cyberjets baaaaybeeeee!
>>
>>6203299
>Sky Lynx is easily the best torso imo though,

A combiner torso is also probably the place to do a "space shuttle that turns into a robot dragon thing" update, because anyone unhappy with the non-traditional robot mode can still use it as a torso regardless.
>>
File: DSC03230.jpg (211KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03230.jpg
211KB, 2048x1362px
>>6203423
>Megatrons
>Hound
>Scorn
>Bumblebee
Almost every new mold they revealed looked good.
>>
>>6203427
Yes, but you just know that retail will be bogged down by the AOE repaints.
>>
>>6203427
>scorn
He's a repaint, but a nice one
>>
>>6202997
I bought AstroTrain instead of Trump....
>Did I fail?
>>
>>6203425
I wonder if the Cyberjets are simple enough to still be Legends class cheap if ever Hasbro decided to release them again.
>>
File: DSC03226.jpg (249KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03226.jpg
249KB, 2048x1362px
>>6203430
AOE Scorn was a deluxe. TLK Scorn is a motherfucking Voyager.
>>
>>6203433
well holy shit, fair enough
>>
File: DSC03195.jpg (241KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03195.jpg
241KB, 2048x1362px
>>6203429
At least Drift and Crosshairs are retools.

I mean, Drift looks worse than he did in AOE, but the new coat parts on Crosshairs are a slight improvement.
>>
File: 20160928_202107.jpg (76KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_202107.jpg
76KB, 720x1280px
>>6203432
The RID minicon-pack ones reminds me of G2 Cyberjets/Lasercycles/Laser-rods
>>
File: RUSTLED.jpg (7KB, 258x297px) Image search: [Google]
RUSTLED.jpg
7KB, 258x297px
>>6203431
I bought sdcc, hasbro and takara versions.

You're fine, but not dandy like me and my astroforce

>tfw waiting on premium collectables to ship out takara

This shit is happening more and more often
>>
>>6203427

I can't fucking wait to get my hands on him. I just hope Grimlock gets a similar high quality update later down the line.
>>
>>6203427
It's interesting and kind of a shame that his head no longer turns into one of his arms. I liked having the option of a bw Megatron-esque arrangement. Otherwise this just looks fantastic.
>>
>>6203484
Huh, yeah. It looks like the dino head goes behind his robot neck now.
>>
>>6203484
Could've been a neat BW Megatron custom, would still like to see it done.
>>
>>6203431
Naw man, you still have access to a bunch of Titan Master packs that more or less go with your bot (with varying degrees of color-matching success).
>Crashbash
>Apeface
>Shuffler
>>
Is the new Six Shot worth getting? I don't buy many TF's and was wondering if it's a good toy to do fan modes since it already turns into six.
>>
>>6203431

You can always still pick one up off HTS
>>
>>6203511
Its "7th" mode is there as well, but its essentially a more articulated version of the g1 toy.

I can only imagine any fan modes would just be a mistransformation of the existing modes, the toy itself is fantastic though
>>
Anyone who hasnt picked up Voyager Optimus yet and was considering getting the multipack with the G2 deco, best pass on the current Voyager and wait to get the multipack.

The current Voyager is okay, but not worth having two of AND the Octane remold
>>
I got a version of Generations Springer recently, and it's alright. He does his modes well, and he has the right accessories. He can even pull off a good pose or two.

He doesn't really feel like Springer to me though. The colors are technically accurate, but they just look off on the mold; one too many shades of green.

Does anyone here like him?
>>
>>6203511

I mean he's not perfect but he's definitely worth it. He has 6 modes m8. I mean yeah wolf mode is kind of weak, but if you're buying Sixshot for the wolf mode, you're in the wrong room. Other TR TFs barely have 3 (see: Sentinel/Astrotrain's 'wall' mode, Soundwave/Blaster's 'base' modes)
>>
>>6203511
The leaders are worth getting. Sixshot is awesome.
>>
>>6203518
The fact its laden in stickers sucks, you'd think they'd use tampo's for longevity reasons, I'll be keeping mine misb

>>6203520
I like the fact he's an updated springer personally, and I own the legends version, less heavy on the contrasting greens
>>
>>6203521
>Other TR TFs barely have 3
Are we counting the the actual triple-changers too? (Broadside's "jet", Optimus' "jet", Megatron's "tank", Alpha Trion's "space brick")
>>
>>6203530
Hasbro makes toys for kids who will lose interest in the things within 2 months anyway, they don't care about longevity. They also know fans will pick up the slack and make new stickers, so they don't have to put in the extra cost.
>>
File: cant wake up.jpg (40KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.jpg
40KB, 512x368px
>decide to examine transforms in storage
>lift box containing g1 figures
>box nearly fucks up my back
>bw ultra primal falls on my foot
>someone prevent g1 prime from doing the same
>lift "new shit" box
>nearly throw box into the air because of how light it is
>oldest figure is legends repaint of armada starscream
>box is firm because I used tr astrotrain and sentinel prime to prevent shit from falling out
>forgot leader movie megs and leader jetfire were inside

Anyone else miss weighty figures?

>WAAA IN A BOX!?
I was a little shit, half of my g1 figures are trashed and kept to remind me to take better care, the new shit box is all figures with minimal paint is plastic concerns, my protoform starscream is in a special box to himself for example

MP's are in their own boxes, I'm not stupid just short on display space
>>
>>6203534
>Alpha Trion's "space brick"
the lion or the ship?
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>6203520
Oh, forgot pic.
>>
>>6203538
But why the move to stickers, for cw optimus prime I totally understand the design prevents tampo's (even takara's had them), but now they're laden in stickers, as nice as they look shit comes off, and that used to annoy me to death as a kid to the point where if a sticker is ripped the figure is dumped
>>
>>6203540
Huh. How many G1 figs do you have compared to "new shit"?
>>
>>6203546
Ooooh, that one. I thought you meant the newer. I like that figure, but no I don't really see him as Springer, just a cool other character.
>>
>>6203550
what part of "Hasbro is as cheap as possible" don't you understand?
>>
File: test.jpg (208KB, 1920x825px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
208KB, 1920x825px
>>6203546
Hi I'm >>6203530 and I thought you were talking about my pic related, lol yours was just a slap dash new head retool of tomahawk, just a quick easy reuse, kinda aaron archer tier retooling
>>
>>6203546
Oh yeah, I forgot that one.
Well, I like it better when it was Tomahawk. Pretty good toy.
>>
>>6203550
>the design prevents tampo's
How?
>>
File: wake me up.gif (20KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
20KB, 180x135px
>>6203551
There is technically more in the g1 box but its small shit like the go bots and action masters (and man metal ball joints are a stupid idea on those things).

I remember as a kid I threw my g1 prime around like a wrecking ball, fun times, funny enough still intact but the paint on him is fucked to bits, also glad it was primal that landed on my foot, not heavy its just shock and his spring loaded gimmicks spewing shit
>>
>>6203559
I can only guess its the indents of the shoulders and an ugly pin is exposed make it hard for a machine to come in and press down perhaps.

I was baffled when I saw my uw grand scourge, thought he'd have a default tampo but no you get a sheet and a choice of 4 stickers, a blank, decepticon, autobot and a unicron based one.

Instructions indicate the blank white one be used on his left shoulder if I recall, seemed redundant so left them all off

Of course this is just theory, prime was the only cw figure with stickers afterall (other than leader megatron but his were optional extras)
>>
>>6203540
>Anyone else miss weighty figures?
Not really. I'm not sure why "weight" automatically equates with "quality", since all the weight in G1 toys is from diecast, which is a horrible, cheap, shitty metal to use on an articulated toy. (It's pretty cool for scaled cars and shit, though). It offers nothing over plastic than being heavier, and I'm still not certain how that's objectively a good thing, even with your retarded story, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make other than "MUH HEAVY TOYS".
>>
>>6203568
You are correct, most of the g1's are floppy messes and unfixable as a result.

I used to think diecast meant invincible but you broke something of those and the damn thing is gone, right now I'm fixing a balljoint on a legion megatron with some glue to fix its crack, would need something else if it was otherwise.

I guess its just a throwback for me, most of my "good" toys were big, heavy things, and some non-tf stuff I got actually ights with my mp delta magnus in terms of weight (lighter than expected I had to admit).

I guess hasbro were on the right track with those titan master sets being in diecast, these days I find small things (like those absolute chogokin things) and car models work best.
>>
>>6203534
Hey, don't compare Megatron's tank mode to the 'yeah that'll do' modes on the other TR Voyagers. It's a perfectly fine tank.
>>
>>6203534
>broadside's jet
What an abomination, thankfully a fanmode sorta fixes it
>optimus's jet
Thoughts on the "Octone" retooling, I fine the new jet front helps it
>megatron's tank
Still better than gen blitzwing in some aspects, I've seen worse
>alpha trion's space brick
Meant to be a ship but could of been done better.

You left out astrotrain's "train", that could of been better.

Really, at the end of the day, a triple changer always suffers in at least one mode, looks, transformation or just the result (track's flying car is the laziest third mode I reckon), something suffers
>>
File: giga-mega.jpg (473KB, 1600x756px) Image search: [Google]
giga-mega.jpg
473KB, 1600x756px
Has this been posted already? We did get Giga and Mega as titanmasters, but Hasbro gave Mega to Skyshadow.
>>
>>6203590
I'll be damned. Good thing Soundwave's tm looks great on Skyshadow.
>>
File: 24MF30.jpg (141KB, 916x785px) Image search: [Google]
24MF30.jpg
141KB, 916x785px
>>6203590
Hopefuly Takara will include both with their Overlord, who knows if they will change Skyshadows TM o r release Skyshadow at all.
>>
File: 1342757878148.jpg (78KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1342757878148.jpg
78KB, 540x720px
>>6203546
I liked everything about this figure except the feet. Hideous big toes, and the black didn't really work for me either. So I just flip em back and use his heels as feet. I like these tiny-footed proportions actually, and the grey works better for me too.

For some reason, I never liked the look of the Voyager, even though everyone was singing its praises.
>>
>>6203585
Generations springer is pretty cool in all modes though.
But I get what you mean.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 600x600px
>>6203596
The darker green on the legs are what ruin it for me primarily. If the green was consistent across the figure it would look better.

Also the weird proportions on the Tomahawk mold don't really work with the more super robot style of head that Springer has.

The mold itself is actually pretty cool though.
>>
>>6203590
>>6203594
This is probably on Takara's request, since they can only do so much releases in a year what might happen is that they won't release Skyshadow at all and instead they give us Overlord with two TMs
>>
File: octone and optimus.jpg (272KB, 1702x832px) Image search: [Google]
octone and optimus.jpg
272KB, 1702x832px
>>6203585
>Thoughts on the "Octone" retooling, I fine the new jet front helps it
You know I disliked the jet mode on Optimus so much that I overlooked the retooling on Octone. It actually works pretty well.
>>
>>6203608
Tons of people hate Prime, but I think he works with the mold. His plane looks like something straight out of a brave show.
>>
>>6203585
>Meant to be a ship but could of been done better.
IMO if the lion mode is less organic and a bit more dynamic like Wolfwire's wolf mode, maybe the vehicle mode or whatever it is wouldn't look so weird.
>>
>>6203594
Shit, I was planning on getting a Black Shadow, but I'd like Overlord to have 2 TM's at all times. I hope I can buy the TM.
>>
>>6203610
Voyager Prime works best if you swap his TM with PMOP's TM, and make the Voyager into Orion Pax
>>
>>6203608
I noticed now.
Not just the cockpit, but the wings too.
Octane's smooth and longer wings looks much nicer now.
>>
>>6203585

The post he was replying to mentions astrotrain's train mode
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 600x800px
>>6203594
Are there any Titan Master singles that would look decent on a Leader class? I feel bad for those who want their Overlords to have two TMs at all times while keeping their Sky Shadows.
>>
>>6203629
Not really. Most of the Leader TMs are more "face" than "head".
>>
>>6203631
The gimmick really doesn't work on the leaders, yeah.

Putting a deluxe head on a leader just gives them a tiny face and putting a leader head on a deluxe makes them look like they have anencephaly.
>>
>>6203629
Don't think so, most are designed for deluxe or voyager bodies.
>>
>>6203433
>that bootleg tier airbrushing

Please tell me that's not how it's gonna look.
>>
>>6203383
>>Selling clones separately
There's no way they'll only sell those molds in those stupid box sets, they'll HAVE to sell 2packs at retail eventually right? They couldn't possibly make this mold only to not release it regularly, I refuse to believe they aren't greedy enough to sell them as many times as possible.
We'll definitely get clone 2-packs. We have to.
>>
>>6203648
It has been confirmed by the man in charge of the design team that the Clones are too big to be sold as Legends, but too small for Deluxe. They're box set exclusive for the time being.
>>
File: file.png (119KB, 250x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
119KB, 250x372px
>>6203603
>>6203596
I always thought this mold could have worked well for Swift, that IDW fembot who joined the Decepticons because she thought Barricade was cool.
>>
>>6203655
Why wouldn't they just sell a 2pack as a deluxe, like the Ice Cream Truck twins?
>>
>>6203658
I'm pretty sure the Ice Cream Twins were roughly Scout/Legends sized, released during the height of modern Transformers parts budgets.
>>
>>6203655
Sounds like they could probably just sell them in two packs at the voyager price point.
>>
Is Thunderblast a good toy, shellforming notwithstanding?
>>
File: cannot believe this shit.png (57KB, 550x529px) Image search: [Google]
cannot believe this shit.png
57KB, 550x529px
>>6203667
>tfw debating whether or not you'd pay Voyager price for all four
>tfw realizing at best they would only do two per pack
>tfw realizing they'd be one of each faction so you'd have to buy both
>>
>>6203640
No, it will look even duller.
>>
>>6203657
You could use the oversized Windsheer ko for a custom.
>>
>>6203712
Huh, didn't even know that got upscaled.
>>
>>6203249
Isn't that the Masterpiece line?
>>
Masterpiece:

Octane
Blitzwing
Astrotrain
Jazz
V.3 Seekers
Rodimus Prime

When?
>>
>>6203730
After MP Moist and Optimus Primal BM ver.
>>
>>6203730
>realize Transformers is a franchise with a shitload of characters
>MP has been steadily releasing multiple molds every year
>still bitch that X character hasn't been done
Kill yourself.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg1257503557.jpg (200KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg1257503557.jpg
200KB, 1334x750px
Does anyone have the Nestle Arcade game for pc? It seems it has disappeared from the internet. Also, is there a pc version of the Hasbro Arcade or RiD game?
>>
>>6203730
>Octane
>Blitzwing
>Astrotrain
Not in a million years
>Jazz
Probably soon maybe but we don't know
>V.3 Seekers
Literally never
>Rodimus Prime
Already a thing, but a V.2 is probably on the table.
>>
>>6203741
I blame Sideswipe opening the floodgates. MPs where a yearly thing and we'd only get a new mold every other year or so. then sideswipe happens and everyone demands the whole 84-85 line done within 3 years.
>>
>>6203757
I can't blame Sideswipe. He's too damn good of a toy. I blame the fandom for being entitled bitches.

In fact, I feel like the Sideswipe mold never really got the praise it deserved. It's practically perfect, but all it did was draw fire because it wasn't huge fuck-huge, had no diecast or rubber tires, it was too simple, and it had a licensed alt. mode so it didn't have the impossible proportions the cartoon version had. Since then it set the standard for the MP car-former, and people chilled out, but I never feel Sideswipe got a proper apology. Although it does have the best MP repaint ever in G2 form.

Personally, I'm okay with getting a few new molds each year. If they start doing too many more, they'll definitely seem less-special. Especially since I fear they might start seeing how much they can lower the quality and still have collectors shell out. Which will likely be a lot. MP runs the risk of becoming essentially a pricier retail line.
>>
>>6203425

>cyberjets

My nigga.
>>
File: officialrm1[1].jpg (108KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
officialrm1[1].jpg
108KB, 1100x1100px
Speaking of MP Sideswipe, they really should have done another run of Alert when Inferno came out.

Cut their losses and accept that nobody wanted the cartoon color version and just do a third production run of this bastard already.
>>
>>6203841
>nobody wanted the cartoon color version
Did it not sell well? I feel like there's a rather huge portion of the fandom that wants figures that look exactly like the cartoon, even if it means they look worse.
>>
>>6203848
I don't have official numbers but In my long quest to find an official MP Alert when Inferno came out, the cartoon version is still available damn near everywhere.

Which for a mall exclusive, is kind of telling.
>>
>>6203841
but you can get the $30 KO with ease
>>
>>6203858
Wasn't Red Alert one of the KOs that had some pretty universal terrible problems? Or did they fix them? I know when they first game out, I kept hearing about joints being completely fused to the point where it was untransformable.

Not that it matters. I already have Sideswipe and G2. I don't really need that mold again. The only reason I would want Red would be as a companion piece to Inferno, who I also skipped over in favor of Grapple. Now I'm just hoping that MP Hoist turns out good...
>>
>>6203865
If that's true, it may have been fixed.

I remember a while back some anon posted here about his Alert KO and the only issue he had was that a tab on his chest wasn't properly molded and have to cut it to fit properly.

[toyspoiler]I'm probably going to end up just getting him for like 120$ on ebay though because I want the box to say takara on it, like the idiot I am[/toyspoiler]
>>
>>6203629
I think you'd have less trouble putting another TM on overlord than putting Overlord's TM on some other toy. Small head is better than giant face without a helmet
>>
>>6203657
>Lip paint and STRONK GURL pose
>Female
Stop this shit, America.
>>
Bumblebee:a Transformers story
Transformers Beginnings:Cybertron
Transformers 6 The Shadow of Primes
Transformers 7 Darkness will Rise
Beast Wars:Transformers
Transformers Beginnings 2:Fall of Cybertron
Beast Wars Transformers II
Transformers 8 The Final Battle
Those are movie planned for the next years.Don't ask how I got them,I will have a lot of problems.
>>
>>6204042
I can tell your bullshitting
>>
File: Greatshot.jpg (66KB, 541x415px) Image search: [Google]
Greatshot.jpg
66KB, 541x415px
>>6203511
He's worth it if you can live with the helmet potentially chipping.

>>6203605
>what might happen is that they won't release Skyshadow at all
I'm pretty sure japanese fans will flip their shit if Takara doesn't do Sky Shadow since he's originally a japanese character.

There's also a chance they'll reuse Sky Shadow's helmet for Greatshot.
>>
File: frenzy_and_rumble.jpg (139KB, 889x665px) Image search: [Google]
frenzy_and_rumble.jpg
139KB, 889x665px
>>6203405
>what's your favorite basic/scout/legends or something similar?

The twins.
>>
>>6204042
Yeah, my dad works at Nintendo, too.
>>
>>6203500
I saw it done with a deluxe Scorn. Looked okay.
>>
>>6203433
Why did they not change Scorn's colors at all when all the other dinobots did?

I mean I don't mind it that much, but black knight colors is leagues better.
>>
>>6204108
Hey you fuckers believed the POTP leaker.
>>
>>6203433
Real excited for this.

Shame that he won't have a dinosaur-head-for-a-hand like deluxe but since the tail is articulated that means he can hopefuly wrap it around his shoulder like he did in the movie.
>>
>>6204108
Well tell him that thankfully no one I know has preordered the Swap or whatever they've calling it.
>>
>>6204085
Not really. Takara took 4 years to release Adventures Black Shadow. The Jpn fans that want the new one probably will import him like they did Liokaiser.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
>>6204187
Fucking hell. At least there will be a Greatshot, r-right?
>>
>>6204202
If Takara cares enough to remold some bits, then yeah.
>>
>>6203023
Nah. The original figure is still better. Buy the Takara version and add the hip mod and he's pretty much perfect
>>
>>6203432

I think the molds are toast.
>>
>>6203035
Should have been a Highbrow remold, though. Same as Misfire should be Topspin, but Hasbro really likes the Triggerhappy mold. It's a great mold, too, just being misused.
>>
>>6199449
Is Gnaw still mostly availible in the US?
Any recommendations on finding him?

>>6199899
>Other members of your species have regular hands.
>You were created with giant fucking pincers and no opposable thumbs.
Poor guy.
>>
>>6204368
Walmarts seem to have gotten most of the new stock, you should start there.
>>
>>6204364
Can't really argue that but it would be nice if Starscream got a voyager for a change.
>>
>>6204368
>Is Gnaw still mostly availible in the US?
Any recommendations on finding him?
No idea; I don't live there!

If checking the nearby stores is too much of a hassle where you live, you should check some sightings threads on one of the many TF forums. Otherwise try calling up your local stores and ask them directly.
>>
>>6204375
>Otherwise try calling up your local stores and ask them directly.

Heres an issue with that in the US: A lot of major chains use the same number for different products in the same size category.

For example: You call up a chain store, lets say Walmart. They've got say, 10 Voyagers in stock. All of them are leftover CW Silverbolts. You call about TR Optimus. Their system is gonna say they've got 10 in stock, when in reality, they've got 0. So you go ask them to check, they physically look (a process that takes 30 fucking minutes in your average Walmart, Target, whatever), and then you confirm that they're full of shit, no TR Optimus in stock. By this time, you've wasted around 40 minutes.
>>
>>6204379
Shit, that sounds awful. I guess that means that there are no employees who would act as experts for certain toylines, e.g. The one girl who knows the current LEGO lineup in and out; or the guy who always stocks the Transformers shelves and would thus be familiar with the names of figures from the past two waves.
>>
>>6204394
>Shit, that sounds awful

It is awful, and yes, no one ever knows shit in these kinds of stores. In the US, you're honestly better off trying to get stuff off online stores, at least in my experience. Between wasting gas or just plain wasting time on the phone, and the fact chains usually get stuff long after online stores do, I've pretty much given up trying to actually get any toys at major chains, unless I'm looking for something months to years out of date.
>>
>>6204394
I actually saw a 40-50-something employee at Target explaining to a parent Pokemon cards in detail.
>>
>>6204403
He probably played with his kids.
>>
>>6204407
Then he should be in jail.
>>
File: confused kot.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
confused kot.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
Why was my post about TR Starscream with a CC TM deleted?
>>
>>6204469
Mods are idiots, I'd suppose.
>>
>>6204016
>America
Blame the diaspora if you want to blame anyone.
>>
Anyone have any experience tightening up ratchet joints? Managed to get a Cybertron Galaxy Prime but his forward hip ratchets are kind of wonky.
>>
>>6204554
It mostly depends on how things are held together.
Usually if you want to tighten ratchets, you'll want to find something to use to push the gear and tooth together. Before you close everything up you may want to just press it all together and ratchet it a few times to see if gets the noise you wanted.

As for HOW to access them, usually the side-swing and elbow/knee ratchets are the easiest to access, and the forward and back hip ratchets are the most difficult since you sometimes need to dismantle the torso itself to get to it.

I haven't messed with GForce Prime much in that respect but I do have that hip issue.
>>
>>6204554
If it's a spring loaded ratchet joint, stretch out the spring or replace it with a stronger one (not too strong or you'll fuck the plastic).
>>
>>6204569
Started unskrewing everything but I hit a snag. How do I get this post out? Will I need a saudering iron?
>>
>>6204636
solder sounds like a really bad idea bud, you'll probably end up melting the surrounding plastic.

what you've got there is rivet. you'll need some special equipment to get that out and chances are you'll need to replace it with a new one.

you may have just hit a wall
>>
>>6204636
Ah, those are a pain. Can you see the other end of it? If so you'll want to press a soldier iron onto that flat part and then push from the other side with something little but strong.
>>
>>6204644
>>6204646
Fuck me, that sucks. Can't see the other end so I guess it's not coming out.

Thanks for the help, too bad I can't do anything else.
>>
File: DSCN2363.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2363.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>6204264
Can confirm.
>>
>>6204685
Hip mod?
>>
File: 16.jpg (179KB, 865x1211px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
179KB, 865x1211px
>>6204691
Replaced the entire waist and thighs using Cybertron Jetfire. Wasn't a straight swap in, but it was only a little work. Definitely worth it though. Did it to Megatron too.
>>
>>6204685
I haven't watched Armada in well over 10 years and since I mostly just played the PS2 game and have had the toy on display for 10+ years, purpleTidalWave just seems so weird now.
>>
>>6203331
If the mold works, there is no shame in using it. For example Nightbeat or Siren/Shooter from Chromedome or the Decepticon HM Jrs as remolds from the TR beast/monster molds.
>>
>>6204685
>>6204700
That's pretty neat!

There any videos or other guides for this thing, out of curiosity?
>>
After finally getting Hound and Trailbreaker, I realize how silly it is that Trailbreaker gets a blaster, his gun hand, and an Axe. It's like the axe is there just so someone else can use it (felt like giving it to Hound, sounds like something a ranger might have).
>>
somehow I found TR Voyager Optimus and Megatron in stores today.

Optimus REALLY looks terrible in person.
>>
>>6204781
I keep hearing this, but it's either that or getting the boxset version that's probably going to cost an arm and a leg by itself.
>>
File: tf_bre.jpg (111KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tf_bre.jpg
111KB, 800x800px
>>6203405
got to be breacher
>>
>>6204789
Or just keep Laser Optimus around. He is still a good toy.
>>
>>6203437
Man, Drift looks horrible.
>>
>>6203405
The answer is too easy, CW Shockwave

I just wish mine had tighter joints though.
>>
>>6204815
Actually, there's a good question: What the fuck can be done to tighten pin joints?
>>
>find UW Blue Takisu for 70 dolans on mandy
>"woah nice"
>order
>80 eagle bills for shipping
>mfw
Jesus fucking christ. And I still have to get another Blast Off.

Anyways, how recommended is it to mod a set? I might try to sell or trade the stock UW Blast Off to get a CW one.
>>
>>6204896
You want to sell the UW Blast Off? Why not just transform him like Rotor, and add some paint to the chest?
>>
>>6203432
Too big and too much plastic.
>>
>>6204880
Depends on the way it's built.
My Thundertron's knees were floppy as shit at first so I took out the pins on both knees (thankfully they are really sturdy) and put a layer of super glue on the joints ans waited for them to dry beore reassembling them.
On the case of Shockwave you could try putting a teeny drop of super glue on the upper side of the bicep piece and wait for it to dry, making sure it doesn't touch anything around it, if you don't want to disassemble it.

>>6204908
What do I need to do?
I-I really, really, really don't want to partsform this thing.
>>
>>6204918
You don't have to do any of that, just switch the arms around. The only thing that "parts forms" is the tail fins, and you could just leave them on the legs. And I don't see why people don't like them, they're basically short knives for him to use.
>>
>>6204927
O-okay.
Here's to hoping it's not shit after switching the arms.
>>
>>6204931
It basically comes out like UW Strafe, yer good man
>>
>>6203568
And now are figures are made of thin hollow plastic that stresses while still in the package, let alone child playtime.
>>
File: 9296315623_451e16f8e6_o.jpg (317KB, 1152x741px) Image search: [Google]
9296315623_451e16f8e6_o.jpg
317KB, 1152x741px
>>6204809

It's a shame Breacher only got a Brawl repaint from Asia.

While his other one was cancelled when the scout class died.
>>
>>6203568
Diecast in the feet and legs is usually a good thing for larger toys because it makes them easier to balance.

And durability issues that can be solved by diecast do still come up, once in a blue moon. Usually just for small fidlly stuff, but MP laserwave's backpack is on a long ass, all diecast arm because a plastic arm would just just plain been too fragile to transform.

Diecast for the sake of diecast is stupid though I agree.
>>
>>6204957
Why did it die again? One would think that being good toys on a cheaper price point would help sales.
>>
>>6204964
Oversaturation of earlier waves.
>>
>>6204964
DOTM replaced Scouts with Human Alliance Basics which were basically Scouts + a Human figure. Then TFP kinda forgotten all about it. Thrilling 30 introduced the "shorter scouts" + targetmaster thing. CW then released the T30 "shorter scouts" without the targetmasters as the Legends class
>>
>>6204977
And now the movie Scout size has been filled with one-step-changer shit. A real shame, since some of those ROTF Scouts were among the best toys to date.
>>
File: 20160928_214203.jpg (76KB, 720x721px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_214203.jpg
76KB, 720x721px
>>6204989
It would be nice if they continued with the RID minicon 2-packs. Those figures are the closest we have to scouts in recent years.
>>
>>6205001
ikr
>>
>>
File: King_Gordy.jpg (81KB, 322x247px) Image search: [Google]
King_Gordy.jpg
81KB, 322x247px
>>6205185
Take your third party stuff where it belongs.
>>
>>6205236
Hey, a leaked pic of POTP Optimal Optimus.
>>
File: 1481661643011.jpg (26KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481661643011.jpg
26KB, 300x240px
>>6203608
>two halves of a truck sticking out on both sides
>it actually works pretty well
whew lad...
>>
>>6204809
Same here. I currently have six Hasbro and a Takara one.
>>
File: galvatron wonders.jpg (91KB, 736x567px) Image search: [Google]
galvatron wonders.jpg
91KB, 736x567px
So what is everyone's theory with how hasbro and takara exactly work together?

(Actual answer would be amazing but I doubt we have insider info)

Here is what I believe based on what's been seen and discussed

>hasbro
>Does market research to determine what would sell
>Decides product sizes and price points
>Plans deco for their toys
>works out distribution for world wide stocking
>Adjust toy designs to fit in with toy safety standards AND budget constraints
>Commissions concept art and does initial designs for toys

>Takara
>Does market research based on their market
>Actually brings concept art to life
>Commissions Factories to make said toys
>plans deco for japanese market
>modifies specific hasbro planned figures for their market ie additional joints and ratchets on cw devastator
>May be requested from hasbro to dumb down designs to meet american price points and safety standards
>Plans and creates masterpiece line

I'm getting the feeling least hasbro has more a hand in design than I initially thought, tr blurr for example, great sculpt but a hollow thing with minimal paint.
>>
>>6205289
There's an interview with Hisashi Yuki that states they both just do their own thing and just share with each other since Hasbro assumes the inventory risk internationally. The "same factories" meme comes from that interview. Their relationship has been very "one hand washes the other"
If you want something with a little history read up on the 2006 merger Tomy and Takara where Hasbro plays a rather large role in that merger.
>>
File: FIGURE-022614_05[1].jpg (155KB, 645x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-022614_05[1].jpg
155KB, 645x800px
Prepare your wallets, folks.

Masterpiece TAKARA ANIME as well as Masterpiece CHEETOR NO are now BOTH asking for payment.
>>
>>6203373
nostalgic
>>
>>6205289
Hasbro basically covers most the cost and work. The way the contact is written up both companies are allowed to distribute each others brands in their native markets freely. So say Hasbro can take Duel Masters, Beyblade, Pokémon products they made, etc and have the rights to use them and in turn Tomy has the rights to use Hasbro IPs like Transformers. It's why most stuff is Hasbro first TakaTomy second, Hasbro is putting all the money in and they just take it from there. Also I read somewhere Hasbro deals with all distribution of products meaning everything is from their factories and facilities regardless of which side of the pond it's from.
>>
>>6204685
Can he still transform?
>>
>>6205313
>Hasbro deals with all distribution of products
This sounds right. All the shipping boxes of Takatomy TFs I've seen are Hasbro ones, everything from TAV to Masterpiece.
>>
File: 1487526693731.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487526693731.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
I'm so glad they didn't fuck him up like in 4
>>
>>6205289
you got that a little turn around. Hasbro owns the factories and warehouse and does most the heavy lifting. the design teams even the MP line is on Hasbro's pay roll. a quicker summery is this:

>Hasbro makes the designs, markets, commissions and manufacturers the products
>Tomy cherry pics and tweaks what they want

The reason the MP line is more exclusive in Asian markets is it sells much better in that smaller area than it does over in the states. Hasbro had tried many times to bring it over to the west but distributors are hellish here, you can't just offer what will sell, you have to meet a certain number to their orders and anything smaller is seen as unprofitable. Also even with the internet local markets in the US are still to weak to just do like Hong Kong and Tokyo stores do and just order exactly what they want.
>>
>>6205331
The weathering paint on Hasbro's version is very impressive; I hope it will look like that on the final product.
>>
>>6205331
Both size classes look really cool. Hard to tell for sure but it doesn't look like either has a waist swivel though.
>>
>>6203629

Only PMOP works with any TM head. Primarily because the helmet obscures it completely
>>
>>6203631
>>6203634

I choose to look at the leaders save for PMOP as "Brainmasters"
>>
>>6203675
As I plan to get all four, it not remotely an issue.
>>
>>6203730

We'd need Cyclonus, Galvatron, Scourge, Springer, Blurr and Kup first
>>
>>6204108

He said nothing about his dad OR Nintendo
>>
>>6205380
Newfriend detected
>>
Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while now. Haven't heard /any/ news since TR wave 2.
Is any Anon cool enough to give a tl;dr of what I've missed or what's coming?
>>
File: image.png (598KB, 3176x1396px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
598KB, 3176x1396px
>>6205395
Sure!

Most of the world has gotten up to W3, and most of Asia has reached W4. The US seems to be in a distribution shithole if reports by American anons are to be believed.

The two exclusive box sets are coming at some unknown point in the future, retailing for about as much as the Combiner Wars sets did. They each come with a Leader, a Voyager, a Deluxe, a set-exclusive Clone mold, and a diecast Titan Master.
>>
>>6205401
Thanks Anon, that chart is actually super helpful! Considering I only own three Legends and two Titan masters.
Are any Takara versions far and away superior or are most Hasbro versions worth settling for?
>>
>>6205410
Takara has been focusing on Movie stuff and has yet to announce anything equivalent to the stuff in Wave 3. Not even at Wonderfes 2017 last week.
>>
File: 1482163680744.jpg (24KB, 315x347px) Image search: [Google]
1482163680744.jpg
24KB, 315x347px
>Six-shot is $10 off in TRU
>Still nothing from Takara about the LG release
>>
>>6205417
you'll be waiting awhile.
>>
>>6205401
are we sure there is going to be a wave 6? The fact so many are being pour out to exclusive packs seems to echo wave 5 might be the last wave before the film goes fill swing.
>>
File: image.jpg (372KB, 1200x1474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372KB, 1200x1474px
>>6205410
A lot of people have been impressed by the paintwork on the Takara versions of Scourge and Blurr, but besides that it's really been more about which version you happen to like more (or have the budget for).

Takara reworked the Powermaster Optimus Prime figure to look more like Ginrai from the Headmasters anime, and it seems that people are split on whether they like him or not. This figure is gonna be released with slight paint alterations as Magnus Prime in one of the box sets.
>>
>>6205429
It's confirmed that Hasbro intends to keep TR running while The Last Knight toyline is going on.

We don't actually know 100% if we're getting a W6, but it's a reasonable guess given the past few lines. Also, I'm pretty sure the first Combiner Wars box sets were out in the wild before they released their fifth and sixth waves.
>>
File: blurr.jpg (385KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
blurr.jpg
385KB, 800x601px
>>6205410
Takara to the left.
>>
>>6205433
>It's confirmed that Hasbro intends to keep TR running while The Last Knight toyline is going on.
yeah but that's wave 5.
>but it's a reasonable guess given the past few lines
I' m pretty sure most lines end on wave 5 or sooner. We talk about how abnormally long CW was.
> Also, I'm pretty sure the first Combiner Wars box sets were out in the wild before they released their fifth and sixth waves.
They weren't officially released till January of last year but that was when wave 6 was officially released as well, hence why I question TR getting a 6th wave with such a serious dump off with box sets.
>>
>>6205433
>It's confirmed that Hasbro intends to keep TR running while The Last Knight toyline is going on.

that's going to be a mistake, already a lot of stores are swearing off anything TF unless it's movie related.
>>
>>6205410
>three Legends and two Titan masters
If I may ask, what are your thoughts on the TM packs given that you don't have any figures that can interact with the Headmaster thing?
>>
>>6205438
TLK starts in April. If wave 4 was officially released in January, that means wave 5 is probably also April.

TLK is gonna have more than one wave, however. Releasing the final wave of TR just as the movie line starts definitely would not be considered as "keeping it running at the same time". With Power of the Primes officially beginning in Jan of 2018, then there has to still be at least one wave of Titans Return released between June and November.
>>
>>6205438
To be honest I don't see anything wrong if the line ended in the fifth wave. They have confirmed further sets (revealed when someone asked if we were getting the other two Clones), so however many figures we get in the boxes will be more than enough to cover a hypothetical sixth wave.
>>
>>6205401
Watch the other 2 in wave 5 be more repaints
>>
>>6205456
>Releasing the final wave of TR just as the movie line starts
Anon -if- Wave 5 is April they won't launch a wave 6 in June. Earliest would be sometime September. Ans wave 4 hasn't released yet. It's set for April meaning wave 5 will be fall. Thus it have to come December/January but I don't think that's going to happen.
>>
>>6205459
kinda has to be with the lack of data. Most of the leak rumors for wave 5 and 6 are in bundle packs. That's basically saying this series is getting put to bed.
>>
>>6205456
If wave 4 was officially released in January.
What?
Wave 3's official launch was December. What the hell are you on?
>>
>>6205459
Wolfwire into Carnivac would be cool. The other on could be a Mindwipe redeco, maybe into one of the more monstrous Pretender characters.

Or perhaps they'd redeco Kup. I wouldn't mind seeing him in different colors.
>>
>>6205454
Kawaii as fuck.
The two I have Terribull and his tiny terror tank and Baby Apeface, whom I wanted on sight since these things were first shown.
Transforming them by flipping a single hinge is fun to do while sitting at my desk.
>>
>>6205476
>>6205472
Oh, I thought that Asian release was the official date that they listed.

Was there anything on the NYTF2017 showfloor to actually confirm the estimated release month for wave five?
>>
>>6205480
no. 4 is set for April. They didn't give much details for the "wave 5" stuff for all we know it might be another box set.
>>
>>6205480
>I thought that Asian release was the official date that they listed

what?
>>
>>6203631
>>6203634
Have there been any pictures of just leader Titan master swaps?
>>
>>6205506
The release of wave four in the Phillippines or something?
>>
>>6205514
I think someone on here has swapped Soundblaster and the one Sky Shadow has. The results ended up looking pretty cool both ways.
>>
File: 3xv9zwi6.jpg (116KB, 1702x832px) Image search: [Google]
3xv9zwi6.jpg
116KB, 1702x832px
>>6203608
It's all about the wings
>>
>>6205532
Yeah, that honestly looks worlds better. I wish the only difference between the two was the bot chest and head. I greatly prefer the new nosecone, too.
>>
File: C4_arA5VcAE8H1G.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C4_arA5VcAE8H1G.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
Ordered Cheetor since he's due out soon.
>>
>>6203608
>>6205532
ding ding ding
>>
>>6205579
Why is Cheetor as tall as Primal?
>>
>>6205600
Because Cheetor is as tall as Primal.
>>
File: Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg (102KB, 787x595px) Image search: [Google]
Beastwarsmaxgroup.jpg
102KB, 787x595px
>>6205600
it's actually tigatron in in cheetor cosplay
>>
>>6205600
May be a bit of a perspective issue, though cheetor wasn't that much smaller than Primal.

I'm actually starting to think they may be trying to scale them off their beast modes.

Their robot mode scale seems a bit iffy but beast mode is perfect.
>>
>30 steps
oh noes
>>
>>6205640
Fucking prepaint.
>>
>>6205662
O noes?

I love complex transformations
>>
File: cheetor thumbs up.gif (482KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
cheetor thumbs up.gif
482KB, 300x232px
>>6205579
>Ordered Cheetor since he's due out soon.

I just paid for my Amiami pre-order.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 603x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 603x432px
>>6205662
It's his bio that interests me.
>>
>>6205662
So he's a plane again? Neat.
Looks like these movie toys are a few notches above the last batch.
>>
>>6205662
>30 steps
YES
E
S

THEY'RE BACK BOIS
>>
>>6205662
Does the circle on the top right mean that he'll have a battle-mask gimmick?
>>
>>6205673
>>6205674
It just feels so inadequate that his cross-promo in the bottom-left is the shitty AOE Optimus Prime.
>>
>>6205676
We don't know exactly how it works, but yes. The figure on display at Toy Fair didn't have a faceplate on, while the boxed copy did have it on.

So the Takara version isn't actually a different version. Both companies seem to have the same exact toys prepped for the first waves of TLK.
>>
Looking at the pics of Quickswitch on Toy Fair, I noticed the display version had the Sixshot helmet, but the renders had a new helmet for it. Do we know if the boxset version is still getting that new helmet, or was it nixed?
>>
>>6205331
Wrists.. And ankles.... On a voyager?
Thank Christ is about goddamn time
>>
>>6205685
Hmm good catch, well the figures on display were apparently hand painted prototypes so that's why the helmets different.
But now I'm wondering if that means we might get a puma head on the final release instead of a wolf.
>>
File: G1Bomb-Burst_toy.jpg (46KB, 550x247px) Image search: [Google]
G1Bomb-Burst_toy.jpg
46KB, 550x247px
>>6205477
There was actually a rumor that we'd be getting Carnivac from Wolfwire, and Bomb-Burst from Mindwipe.

Unfortunately, the leak that called TR Windblade said that there would be a Wolfwire repack, so a retool seem unlikely. Which is a shame, considering that Mindwipe also got a jet fanmode.
>>
File: The-Last-Knight-Voyager-Megatron.jpg (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
The-Last-Knight-Voyager-Megatron.jpg
127KB, 1000x1000px
>>6205699
That's the leader class. You can tell from the flame effect part. Pic is the voyager's render. It has ankles but I can't tell if it has the wrists.
>>
>>6205685
Wouldn't be the first time the renders differed from the physical product.
The Red Guy and Ravage had Rewind and Stripes' heads, and CW Afterburner's render had a Groove head when the physical version had the Takara head.
>>
>>6205728
Even if it doesn't have wrists, at least they're not curling arms. Both the voyager and leader look surprisingly great. I plan to get both.
>>
File: 1232017131345.jpg (250KB, 799x960px) Image search: [Google]
1232017131345.jpg
250KB, 799x960px
Man, Alpha Trion has really grown on me over time. Getting a staff for him has made him even better.

I'd still love a Sawback colored version of this mold though.
>>
>>6205740
Where'd you get the staff from?
>>
>>6205733
That's the other way around though.
>>
>>6205753
Point being that the renders have been inconsistent with the toys, and that usually the remold is an accurate conclusion over the straight repainted aspect.
>>
>>6205672
And this is somehow the bad guy?
>>
>>6205763
You'd have a point if the novelization was canon
>Megatron and Prime team up to take out Sentinel
>Megatron is legitimately offering to bury the hatchet so they can fuck off to find a new world to call their own.
>Prime, tired of war, takes his brother's hand and rallies the troops to take off to colonize a new world and finally leave humanity the fuck alone.
>>
>>6205763
Seriously. Just change two words and he's the good guy.
Replace devious with brilliant and hope with evil.
>>
>>6205714
>Mindwipe also got a jet fanmode.

Pic?
>>
File: CrWpJLnUAAA-svH.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CrWpJLnUAAA-svH.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>6205804
With Apeface
>>
>>6205410
I find it's down to personal taste, since Hasbro designs tend to match the G1 toys, while Takara's tend to go for the Headmaster cartoon, with some exceptions like Blurr.

The problem, sometimes, is that the sculpts themselves are designed with Hasbro's colors in mind, and not Takara's, so with certain molds, the Takara paint ends up looking like a coloring book page that someone did wrong. Wheelie in particular, while his colors are eye-catching, there are a lot of places where it completely clashes with the anatomy of the toy.

>>6205579
Oh wow, they're pretty big. I loved BW, but I have little interest in MP animals. I'm just not that big into robots that turn into a animals for some reason. I would love to buy some super tiny ones that were in scale with the MP line, though. That would be sweet.
>>
File: 01920171319.jpg (157KB, 691x800px) Image search: [Google]
01920171319.jpg
157KB, 691x800px
>>6205812
Also, Apeface can clip really securely to Mindwipe's back and give him shoulder cannons.
>>
File: rawr.jpg (72KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.jpg
72KB, 800x533px
God damn Trypticon is smexy. The chances of it ever going on sale are pretty slim right?

Also, say hi to Mrs. Apeface in the background.
>>
>>6204379
Target tries to do this via their web site, but it works out the same. You want Silverbolt, the website says "Your local store has one" but that only means they have a case that had Silverbolt. He might have been sold.
>>
>>6205430
Perfect Effect Ginrai
>>
File: Atlas_Rise.jpg (161KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_Rise.jpg
161KB, 768x1024px
I think Dirt Cheap got a few more Devistators. I decided to get one this time and HOLY CRAP. Totally worth $100. Not so much if I had been eating ramen noodles to afford the MSRP and then saw those goofy elbows on some of them. File name related:i was blasting some Metallica while setting up this shot, and that's what was going when i took the picture.
>>
>>6205981
>Hand over the picnic sandwiches.
>>
File: C5Xc7PvUkAEby1s.jpg (212KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5Xc7PvUkAEby1s.jpg
212KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>6205992
I know it's accurate, but that squished cat face makes me laugh.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_141821.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_141821.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
>>6205678
It's pretty simple. Lift his chin.
>>
File: C5Xc7QCUoAEuNNg.jpg (259KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C5Xc7QCUoAEuNNg.jpg
259KB, 1200x900px
>>6205994
S1 was funny.

I still love it.
>>
File: C5Xc7SGVUAAKSFr.jpg (173KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C5Xc7SGVUAAKSFr.jpg
173KB, 900x1200px
>>6206013
Surprisingly big though. Bigger than I was expecting.
>>
>>6205992
Never noticed that Cheetor's thumbs have three joints each until now.
>>
>>6206013
>cheetor bigger than rhinox

this image triggers me.
>>
>>6206090
>Masterpiece
>Generations

You sir are retarded.
>>
>>6205992
>>6206013
>>6206021

Damn that's pretty.
>>
>>6206102
The MPs are allegedly supposed to scale decently with the generations figures.
>>
>>6206130
"allegedly"

Such alternative facts.
>>
>>6206130
If you squint, same as the attempt at making combiner wars Megatron a stand-in for MP 2.0 Megatron

People underestimate just how huge Rhinox and Dinobot where. DB is going to be damn near as tall as Soundwave
>>
>>6206138
>is going to be
>>
>>6205905
there is no need to be rude
>>
File: IMG_20170218_141511.jpg (451KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_141511.jpg
451KB, 1536x2048px
>>6206138
>DB is going to be damn near as tall as Soundwave
Big Dinobot and Sexy Scorn is gonna make a nice set.
>>
>>6205714
I'm a big fan of bomb burst (still have him) but pretenders really should be another line, or at best, something like Ultra Magnus.
>>
File: 20170223_173248.jpg (380KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_173248.jpg
380KB, 720x1280px
Speaking of BW, I got my hands on a Takara Apache and now I remember why I fucking don't even own a B'Boom he's so ugly in both modes. But I need him for my BW2/Neo collection I'm trying to start up. Good thing he was dirt cheap even at MISB.
>>
File: 20170223_173733_resized.jpg (1MB, 3096x1741px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_173733_resized.jpg
1MB, 3096x1741px
I got the DNA upgrade kit for Devastator today, and yeah this kit is pretty nuts.
Unless you have the CW or SDCC version and would like accessories for the individual constructicons, this is definitely the kit to choose.

The shoulder addon is nice and beefy and gives great articulation, and the extended forearms and replacement hands look great.

The replacement head is great too, though without the LEDs lit (which I do not have any batteries to power at the moment) he kind of has dead eyes. The kit suggests that you just put away the normal head and just partsform the new head on in place, but I managed to entirely replace the old head with no issue aside from the fact that the clearance for folding the new head back into the torso to transform Hook is pretty tight as it is slightly larger (you wouldn't be able to do it with the Prowlastator bit clipped on).
>>
>>6205763
popular theory is that megs (and him not being Galvatron any more) is specifically him returning to his "original" knight form, and allying with the heroes for the sake of saving cybertron.
>>
>>6206162
No, you do own a B'Boom as well. They're the exact same toy.
>>
>>6206167
Well yeah but main reason I never owned one as a kid as well was because of how ugly he is.
>>
File: 20170223_171820.jpg (396KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_171820.jpg
396KB, 1280x720px
Forgot to ask, doe he actually suffer from GPS? I was looking for articles or post about him on the internet and I don't see anybody complaining GPS on Apache/B'Boom.
>>
>>6206147
What's stuff to the right? The white guy and is that new Bumblebee or a fancied up rerelease?
>>
File: 20170223_180405_resized_2.jpg (342KB, 1032x1740px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_180405_resized_2.jpg
342KB, 1032x1740px
>>6206164
My only two issues with the kits are that...

1, the hands were far FAR to tight to turn in the wrist socket. This is an easy fix though with some plastic safe grease (which you can see in the other picture).

and 2, oh boy. Mixmaster gets a lot of love from this kit but I'm not sure if it shows. For one, the bottom-most parts of the cab are on very loose and slightly crooked pin hinges that are basically just held on with good intentions.
And second off, the clearance for his combined mode is absolutely fucked. I need to cut, shave and dremel away plastic for like half an hour because the addon part hits the cement barrel preventing you from flipping it out all the way to form the foot. This pic is as far as I got before I got sick of removing plastic and the foot still isn't perfectly straight.
The kit does still look pretty nice though, albeit a bit hole-y in vehicle mode. I keep saying this but you seriously can't make CW Mixmaster any worse.

Also, weight can be a problem on the arms and you may need to disassemble Scavenger and Bonecrusher to tighten the elbow joints and the original shoulder joints. I wouldn't blame that on the kit though.
>>
File: 20170223_180607_resized_2.jpg (158KB, 1032x580px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_180607_resized_2.jpg
158KB, 1032x580px
And just when you thought CW Mixmaster couldn't get any worse...
>>
>>6206177
white guy on the right is a dragon knight named steelbane
>>
>>6206138
And wouldn't that make Megatron nearly Ultra Magnus sized?
>>
File: 20170223_180547_resized_2.jpg (153KB, 1032x580px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_180547_resized_2.jpg
153KB, 1032x580px
>>6206193
I feel bad for this guy, CW shafted him like nothing else.
>>
>>6206198
It's only bad because they did it for him and none of the others.
>>
File: X0WgXD.jpg (104KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
X0WgXD.jpg
104KB, 960x720px
I was happy to see a licensed truck mode Prime that's not tiny.
>>
>>6206138
>>6206195
Dinobot was a head taller than Primal at most.
In most shots, he's in the back, which puts his feet higher than the others, so he appears taller, but in reality, Primal comes up to his chin.
Which means Dinobot should still be smaller than Soundwave (certainly less bulky)
Megatron would be about the size of the original masterpiece Prime, considering the first iteration of BW Megs was also the shortest. He was maybe two 1/2 heads taller than Tarantulas (who was roughly a head shorter than Primal)
For something UM scale it would need to be one of the biggers, Tigerhawk, TM2 Megs.
Oddly, I think for a proper scaled Optimal Optimus, he'd be the biggest masterpiece to date, so I doubt we'll ever get him.

Honestly I doubt we'll ever get anything past season 1.
>>
>>6206232
What's that silver car cut off on the right?
>>
>>6206239
La Hot Rod
>>
File: IMG_20170219_102630.jpg (374KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_102630.jpg
374KB, 1440x1920px
>>6206090
Same here, it's only now we are getting pictures with him and MP Primal.

I wasn't expecting him to be so big.

But that gold paint on his robo bits is nice.
>>
>>6206249
Same.

Does anyone have a good picture of his prototype mold?

I swear they scaled him up slightly or something.
>>
File: C4_kYsKUMAAXtZT.jpg (188KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_kYsKUMAAXtZT.jpg
188KB, 899x1200px
>>6206256
Mmmm... Nope.

Enjoy the other yellow MP I plan on buying this year.
>>
>>6206233
Maybe not Soundwave sized, but definately more than a head taller than Primal.
>>
>>6206296
Primal is taller than Rhinox
in that shot, Rhinox comes up to Dinobot's collarbone.
So Primal likely comes up to his chin, like I mentioned.
>>
>>6206296
I know they're robots and can be whatever size they want (looking at you, Rattrap), but how big is a real raptor supposed to be compared to a rhino, a gorilla, a cheetah, and a rat?
>>
>>6206324
What kind of raptor are we talking about? Velociraptor or a Utah Raptor?
>>
>>6206350
Toronto raptors
>>
>>6206375
As a guy who actually lives in Toronto. Good one.
>>
>>6206382
Lol
In all seriousness, the jp raptors that dinobot was based on were basically deinonchyus. So comparable to a cougar.
>>
File: cheetor&tigatronLOL.jpg (134KB, 771x462px) Image search: [Google]
cheetor&tigatronLOL.jpg
134KB, 771x462px
>>6206375
>>
>>6206391
Animal scale is a moot point though, considering Ratrap, Scorponok and all the spiderbots pretty much just prove that the beast modes just scale to be as big as the robot modes.
>>
>>6205934

holy shit, i actually like that, will there be a nemesis deco? because i would snap up a black convoy powermaster and customize one of the leader cores to be a new armor suit.
>>
>>6206396
Original asker here. I was just curious about how big the actual animals are; it's totally fine that the BW characters were as big as they were in the show.
>>
>>6206296

If they do a MP beast megatron, why not make it be the transmetal design after a remastered release of the old toy? then you can have a fold out optimus prime chest display for him to stab.
>>
>>6206416
Because japan really didn't like the transmetals/technoorganics/fuzors. There is a reason why were almost all of the releases were repurposed as villains in BWN and Car Robots or that the Cyborg Beasts in BW2 that were similar were incarnations of the villains. They are essentially furry purists.
>>
Nu thread

>>6206453
>>6206453
>>6206453
>>
>>6206409
actual velociraptors were much smaller than Jurassic Park made them.
They're comparable with Spaniels.
>>
>>6205401
Apparent the third deluxe in Wave 5 is meant to be a Misfire retool from Triggerhappy, we just haven't seen him yet.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.