[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NECA General The Jungle, it came alive Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 72

File: C4J1uTLXUAIiDgx.jpg (489KB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
C4J1uTLXUAIiDgx.jpg
489KB, 2400x3000px
The full lineup for the 30th anniversary assortment will be revealed today
>>
File: C4J1uTSWAAELC7-.jpg (474KB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
C4J1uTSWAAELC7-.jpg
474KB, 2400x3000px
>>6171973
>>
>>6171973
>>6171974
This figure pratically begs for nature pics.
>>
>>6171973
>I'm gonna paint myself in camoflage in case my stealth camoflage fails

He's like the Batman of the Predators, making contingency plans.
>>
>>6172001
Its supposed to look like how he appears cloaked in the movie. Not like he is painted...
>>
File: jungle2.jpg (861KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
jungle2.jpg
861KB, 2000x1333px
>>6171988
Hey guys, check out my Jungle Demon Predator. I got one early on ebay from a chinese seller!
>>
>>6172003
Oh. Well then in that case, it is poorly executed. If they were going for the telltale shimmer of a stealth predator, they should have done something similar to what they do with glass marbles, having translucent green, black, and brown mixed in with the clear plastic.
>>
>>6172004
That's obviously a bootleg anon, look at those shitty paint apps.
>>
>>6172022
I know how toys and quick repaints work. Doesn't change the fact that it reads as "coming out of stealth" and not as "in stealth mode with plants behind it". The paint literally looks like military camoflage, and not like jungle scenery distorted by something transparent in front of it.
>>
>>6172030

You're wrong, but keep telling yourself that and maybe you'll convince somebody else of it.
>>
>>6172036
Oh, okay, so you're just a NECA fan boy who can't accept when someone insults your precious brand. Alright. Duly noted.
>>
>>6172030
You mean the non-existent jungle that this figure will never be in? Gee, wonder why it's using generic colors to blend in then...oh right because it's not meant to be a specific location and the general paint scheme better allows it to blend in with any nature shot a normal person would stick it in.

Your complaint is pedantic and stupid.
>>
>>6172042
Aw your feelings got hurt so now everyone is a fanboy.
>>
>>6172004
Nice Pic! How do you like the articulation, Anon? Didn't thought it could do such extreme poses, aren't you afraid to break it or anything?
>>
File: SweatingHarrigan.png (303KB, 320x455px) Image search: [Google]
SweatingHarrigan.png
303KB, 320x455px
Feels like I'm wearing
Nothing at all
Nothing at all
Nothing at all
>>
>>6172189
Stupid sexy yautja...
>>
>>6172189
>stupid sexy Predator
>>
File: C4Ktni2XAAUwswl.jpg (274KB, 812x1265px) Image search: [Google]
C4Ktni2XAAUwswl.jpg
274KB, 812x1265px
So, the third and final predator is an updated Gort. Since I go the entire 25th anniversary series, the only one that interests me is the Jungle Demon. Oh well.
>>
>>6172306
Don't know which dutch I want
>>
>>6172335
you dont pick, they all come together
>>
>>6172306
whats the difference between the 2nd and 3rd Dutch?
>>
>>6172363
Randy already said they would be available individually, just like any other wave.

>>6172364
One has a shirt under the vest
>>
>>6172306

Judging by the netting on that Gort, that's a 1/4 scale. Is it going to be the smaller scale too?
>>
>>6172404
Randy says is regular size, not quarter scale. Also he confirmed the three preds use the ultimate body
>>
>>6172404
7" only. Protos are done at larger size.
>>
>>6172404
NECA twitter confirmed the Gort as being 7" using the Ultimate Jungle Hunter body.
>>
>>6172306
Did NECA ever make Jesse Ventura or Carl Weathers?
>>
>>6171973
The chest isn't that bad but the rest makes it look like he's just painted in jungle fatigue camo. Or maybe standing in front of someone wearing jungle fatigues? Either way it looks fuck-all like foliage.
>>
>>6172306
Open mandible JH isn't even battle damaged. It's just the ultimate with less accessories and a different head. Ridiculous.
>>
>>6172419
No
>>
>>6172419
Carl Weathers wanted too much money and Jesse Ventura wouldn't stop rambling about Reptilian overlords and HAARP trying to control his mind.
>>
>>6172426
>and Jesse Ventura wouldn't stop rambling about Reptilian overlords and HAARP trying to control his mind.

And suing dead people.
>>
>>6172525
It's basically what every detractor believes. They expect utter perfection from neca, and if they don't get something specific, it's a shit product, and if anyone disagrees or points out how stupid that is they are suddenly labeled as blind neca fanboys. it keeps happening over and over again.
>>
>>6172534
That's awfully hyperbolic. NECA have established a pretty high standard, so people are understandably disappointed if they feel something is subpar. It's also ignoring people who act personally offended when people express that disappointment or criticism. It's not a problem that people disagree. Taste is subjective. The problem comes when people ignore that and attack people for it, which just turns into an endless cycle of attacks on both sides.
>>
>>6172534

Fucking THIS.
>>
>>6172539
Please inform the shitposters of this. Because the few times people offer actual critiques, they get that one asshole on them sometimes, but the only people that argue in a cycle of the people purposefully making inflammatory comments
>>
>>6172422

How is that ridiculous? It's a cheaper version of the Ultimate figure. It gives you another chance at that head sculpt, why WOULDN'T they include it in a 30th anniversary wave?
>>
>>6172551
>It's a cheaper version of the Ultimate figure.

It would be if it featured one of the heads of the Ultimate. It doesn't. Instead, to have a complete Ultimate, you have to buy two figures that are exactly the same from the neck down.

> It gives you another chance at that head sculpt,

Giving people another chance with all the accessories is what the Ultimate line is for.

Here's what Randy said about the Ultimate line:

> "in the past we released multiple variations of the same character with all different accessories and heads and all that to help off set our production costs and tooling and everything. For the Ultimate line I wanted to re-release classic in demand characters, stuff that people always want like a Freddy or a Terminator but add in all the articulation that was missing from our original releases on these characters and then pack in as many accessories and features as possible. "

This is abandoning the idea of the Ultimate in favor of their business plan from "in the past."

> why WOULDN'T they include it in a 30th anniversary wave?

Simply including it isn't a problem at all. It's that they decided to leave it out of the Ultimate for the sake of putting it in the anniversary wave that's the issue. This is an obvious attempt to get someone to buy both the Ultimate and the 30th figure, rather than satisfying both whoever wants the cheaper option and whoever wants a complete Ultimate.

They're handling it this way so the Ultimate doesn't cannibalize sales of the 30th Anniversary figure.
>>
>>6172569

You are a buffoon if you think the Ultimate line has EVER been a complete figure for any release barring a select few.

Every figure is a figure that requires a second release to get the rest of the accessories or another head or another body.

They didn't "decide to leave it out of the Ultimate for the sake of putting it in the anniversary line" at all! Jesus Christ dude. Including that head would've raised the price of the figure. This keeps their costs down. You're being a bullheaded idiot because you're butthurt about having to buy another figure.

I'm sorry but that's how it works. For them to even get that to us, they have to release it like that so they don't lose more money.
>>
>>6172589
>Including that head would've raised the price of the figure.

No. It would have reduced their profit margins.

Here's their options

> Ultimate with 3 heads, single sale to each collector,
> Ultimate with 3 heads, 30thA figure with one of those heads - single sale as Ultimate eats up 30thA sales to those who bought the Ultimate
> Ultimate with 2 heads, 30thA with 3rd head - extra sales to people who want all three heads

The third has the most potential profit but causes the Ultimate to suffer to increase sales. This is pretty obvious and smart business if it works. It would've resulted in less complaints if the 30thA at least had different paint apps.

> Every figure is a figure that requires a second release to get the rest of the accessories or another head or another body.

Well obviously they're not going to include extra bodies. The multiple release Ultimates have been different bodies with different heads that are specific to that body. They're not comparable to the Jungle Hunter and his one outfit.

This is like if they didn't give you the sunglasses head on the first Ultimate T-800 and made you buy it seperately.

We're talking about re-released Predator parts with tooling that they're going to reuse for years and have already started to (four releases on Ult JH revealed already).

They're not doing it to avoid losing money, they're doing it to make more money. This maximizes potential profits at the expense of customers and complete figures. This is obvious and common sense. It's how business works.

What's good for NECA is not necessarily good for you.
>>
>>6172611
Ignoring that it was in response to actual inflammatory comments, eh. If you think acknowledging that they're buying the exact same toy twice but with a different head is inflammatory, you're going to have to take that up with neca and/or reality. Sorry that you somehow take bigger offense to that than actual insults.
>>
>>6172640

You have no business sense whatsoever, and it's disgustingly obvious.

The T-800 didn't have the gloved hands and the right colored shirt for the scenes that had the sunglasses head, and guess what? We're getting that and the rose box in the 3D release. You have to buy more than one figure to get these things because that's how things cost out.

They're doing it to avoid losing money because including it with the Ultimate release means the prices goes up on production. When you have an entire wave of figures like the 30th, you have to even out the costs between each figure. You can have one or two figures that get more tooling or accessories, but then one or two figures will suffer for it. Or in this case, you get a repaint figure or two. THAT is how it works.

This is good for me because I buy another figure that allows me to display different looks between the figures.

If you don't want to buy another figure? Fine. Don't. But that figure is going to sell regardless. Because for some people $25-$26 is too much for a toy, no matter what accessories it has.

So getting the most bang for their Ult. Jungle Hunter body is the best way they can do this.
>>
File: 1486595110897.jpg (1MB, 1430x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1486595110897.jpg
1MB, 1430x1391px
Good thread lads :^)
>>
>>6172640
Clearly you're new here. Welcome to toy collecting since forever.
>>
>>6172651
>You have no business sense whatsoever, and it's disgustingly obvious.

That must explain why I just said it was good business and maximizes profits. Maybe you should learn to read better.

>The T-800 didn't have the gloved hands and the right colored shirt for the scenes that had the sunglasses head,

I already pointed out that wouldn't be feasible since those are scene specific. They weren't going to put two bodies in one box. Again, different situations and ALREADY MENTIONED in the post you're responding to. Read better.

> You have to buy more than one figure to get these things because that's how things cost out.

Everything here has already been paid for. Randy's quote above about the Ultimate line says that. The heads are long paid for from all the other releases.

>They're doing it to avoid losing money because including it with the Ultimate release means the prices goes up on production

Again, not losing money. Just making less. Already explained. I'm not convinced you actually read what you replied to.

>When you have an entire wave of figures like the 30th, you have to even out the costs between each figure. You can have one or two figures that get more tooling or accessories, but then one or two figures will suffer for it. Or in this case, you get a repaint figure or two. THAT is how it works.

That must explain why THERE IS ZERO NEW TOOLING IN THE WAVE. Four Dutch figures that have already been released, and three more Ult JH bodies, all of which feature reused heads. This wave is paid for. There's 4 straight re-releases and three repaints, two of which aren't even repaints but the Ultimate Jungle Hunter with one head.

>If you don't want to buy another figure? Fine. Don't. some people $25-$26 is too much for a toy

Which is fine. The problem is that they're doing this at the expense of the Ultimate to maximize sales potential. Again, already explained in the post you definitely didn't read.
>>
>>6172306
Ok, now i just have to decide which Dutch i want the most...
>>
>>6172681
>Four Dutch figures that have already been released

That people CONSTANTLY beg for re-releases of, because aftermarket costs are too much.

>and three more Ult JH bodies, all of which feature reused heads.

Gort is a needed update of a fragile SDCC figure and a nice throwback. The repaint is a cool variation that people can skip on, and then you've got the main baddie itself that most people will want because it's THE Predator. It appeals to fans and passerbys.

You're an idiot if you think any of this will hurt the Ultimate Jungle Hunter at all.
>>
>>6172663
I guess since they've always done what they can to squeeze money out of you it's okay.
>>
>>6172681
>The heads are long paid for from all the other releases.

Nnnnnoooooooo, you bloody fool. That is not how that works at all. They are sculpted, true, but they don't magically cost less money to make just because they exist already.

In fact, they probably cost more to produce than they did when they were initially released. Even fucking Hasbro has said it costs MORE if they were to re-release figures rather than resculpt and come up with newer versions.

Costs have gone up, they're doing what they have to do.
>>
>>6172687
Also none of that has anything to do with the argument those quotes were in response to.
>>
>>6172692
>The problem is that they're doing this at the expense of the Ultimate to maximize sales potential

>The problem is that they're doing this at the expense of the Ultimate to maximize sales potential

I assure you, babycakes, it's not going to harm anything.
>>
>>6172687
>people CONSTANTLY beg for re-releases
This! being wating for a re-release of the Dutch figures for a long time now. Will also get the Jungle Demon for nature pics and still have to decide between Ultimate JH and Open Mouth JH, will pick whichever looks cooler i guess.
>>
>>6172695
The most expensive part of toy production is tooling. Everybody knows this and is why things get reused in the first place. >>6172569 Randy said it right there in that quote.
>>
>>6172688

Just like Bandai does with all their releases. But that's okay, spend another $80 so you can have the breath effect that should've come with the first release. :^)
>>
>>6172700
Again, I never said it was going to harm or hurt anything other than the overall value of the Ultimate, because it comes with less to justify an additional purchase of the same body with an extra head.

The 30thA figure would be a redundant purchase for most of those with the Ultimate if the head were included with the Ultimate.
>>
>>6172704
At least they usually paint things differently.
>>
>>6172715

And so does NECA.
>>
>>6172712

If you want all the accessories buy the Ultimate, if you just want a Predator to fiddle with, buy the Anniversary figure.

God forbid you have choices.
>>
>>6172715
Sure do, I love that slimy gloss they're changing things up with! Thanks Bandai!
>>
>>6172721
Not in this case. If this had been a battle damaged one or something it would at least be somewhat acceptable, but it's the same figure with a different head and less accessories.
>>
>>6172725

The battle damaged version came in a 2 pack years ago. If you want battle damage, buy that one. That's not what this figure represents.

If they HAD splatterd paint on it, you would've bitch up and down about them 'ruining' the head and not giving you what you want even then. You're complaining because you want to complain.
>>
>>6172727
>The battle damaged version came in a 2 pack years ago. If you want battle damage, buy that one. That's not what this figure represents.

And 3/4 versions of the JH being released were already released years ago. These four Dutch figures were already released years ago. If you want any of them you can go buy them.

The rest of your post is just as ridiculous as the first half full of silly assumptions while ignoring the point being made in the first place.
>>
>>6172725
>why aren't they doing things my way? I know better than they do, this is so unfair! Why doesn't anyone listen to meeee?
>>
>>6172736
It would have raised the price if they wanted to maintain the same profit margins. Do you even know what that means?

It has nothing to do with costing out and everything to do with maximizing profits. This encourages the purchase of two figures instead of one. I don't know why you don't think a business wouldn't try to squeeze you for everything they can.
>>
>>6172746

It has EVERYTHING to do with costing out. Every decision they make with a figure has to do with the budget set for those things. Paint apps, articulation, accessories, and so on. Fucking read up before you talk.
>>
>>6172740
I didn't say I know better or even ask why they aren't doing it differently. I know exactly why they're doing it.

They're doing it to make as much money as possible like any business would.
>>
>>6172760
>value of the Ultimate was reduced

Except it wasn't. You're' whining. Your whining doesn't make that a true.
>>
>>6172760
>making sure one of your products doesn't cannibalize the sales of another one of your products.

Good thing that isn't happening here then, isn't it?

The two releases are for different crowds. It doesn't hurt the release of the Ultimate figure in any way, shape, or form. If you decide not to buy it? It won't hurt them a bit. Someone else will.
>>
>>6172763
An deluxe figure with three heads at $25 is a better value than a deluxe with 2 heads at $25 and a standard release with the other heads at $22.

So yeah, more than less is absolutely a better value. That's really basic math. Math makes it true.
>>
>>6172771
>An deluxe figure with three heads at $25

Yeah, it would be a good value, which is exactly why they can't do it for $25. They'd have to up the price.
>>
>>6172760
But how the value of something be "reduced" now because said thing doesn't include an accessory we didn't even knew they would sell a few days ago?
If anything it just adds an option that is not exactly the same as the other one but with less accessories.
>>6172771
yeah, no, you just said the value would be reduced, not that it would stay the same but be more expensive for completionists, stop shitposting if you can't even keep up with you own arguments...
>>
Bless you alternate-head bro.

But you're preaching to the choir here, this neca fanboys have neca's dick so far their ass that any criticism is blasphemy to them.

I think I was the first to complain about no alternate head with open mouth in the ult. Jungle Pred and this autismal fucks fucking assaulted me with their bullshit explanations.

The truth is that the single useless helmet shit accesory shouldn't be there PERIOD. Instead it should have the open mouth head from the 30 ann wave.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>6172769
>The two releases are for different crowds

This is silly. No, they aren't. They're for Predator fans and toy buyers. Someone who gets the Ultimate with 3 heads wouldn't need to buy the same exact toy with less accessories.

The mental gymnastics in this thread is astounding considering how mad some of you got over the SHMA Predator not coming with the accessories it should've come with in the first release. But it's okay since it's NECA, huh?
>>
>>6172780

The fuck they aren't! Dude, they're different prices for that exact reason! The 30th anniversary wave is for casual fans, to pull in more of those. If people buy BOTH then that's just a win. The Ultimate figures are for the collector types that don't blink at throwing down $25 or more on a toy. It even comes down to why they're using the cheapy boxes on the Anniversary figures and not clamshell or fancy packaging like the Ultimates. This is the biggest 'duh' ever.

The SHMA is just a shitty figure all around, it doesn't matter what accessories it comes with. It figures you'd bring that up though. Fucking mental gymnastics indeed.
>>
>>6172773
>They'd have to up the price.

Repeating this doesn't make it true. Again, you didn't see them holding back heads on their other Ultimate releases.

>>6172774
>But how the value of something be "reduced" now because said thing doesn't include an accessory we didn't even knew they would sell a few days ago?

People have been speculating it ever since it was revealed that the Ultimate wouldn't have the open mandible head and that the 30th Anniversary wave would be a thing.

>>6172774
>yeah, no, you just said the value would be reduced, not that it would stay the same but be more expensive for completionists

The value is reduced but the price remains the same. Think for a split second before accusing someone else of not being able to keep up.
>>
>>6172792
>The 30th anniversary wave is for casual fans

It's the same price as any other predator wave. Are you going to seriously sit there and act like the Ultimates aren't for the same audience as the people who buy every other Predator? Get the absolute fuck out.

And yeah I did bring up the SHMA because, as someone already mentioned with Bandai, people in this thread love to make that argument against it despite defending the exact same thing happening here.
>>
>>6172808
>Are you going to seriously sit there and act like the Ultimates aren't for the same audience as the people who buy every other Predator? Get the absolute fuck out.

Yeah, asshole, I am. The Ultimates are targeted towards a different market. That is a fact. You thinking differently tells me how blind you are to many, many obvious things.
>>
>>6172792
It's a $3 price difference between the regular line and the Ultimate and they're definitely for the same people you fucking retard.
>>
I guess this would be a great time to mention that I went to TRU today and was excited to find a Godzilla but disappointed to see that he had the pink lower jaw fuckup.

Really hope I can find a decent one in the wild.
>>
>>6172829

$5 difference, and no they aren't you fucking retard.
>>
>>6172834
Standard Predators are $22, Ultimates are $25. You make yourself look dumber with every post.
>>
>>6172842
>Standard Predators are $22

Yep, standard predators are. The 30th Anni will have an MSRP of $19.99, just like the boxed Endoskeletons, xenomorph, Robocop and many others.

But you're too stupid to realize that, of course.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-182344.png (406KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-182344.png
406KB, 1440x2560px
>>6172847
>The 30th Anni will have an MSRP of $19.99

This is the part where you suck my fat dick
>>
>>6172854

Awww, big fucking deal.

The point still stands that the Ultimates are still intended for a different audience dipshit.
>>
>>6172854
So why would you want to pay $30 for a figure just so you can have an extra head?
>>
File: 1458427863100.gif (1MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
1458427863100.gif
1MB, 500x220px
Nuke the thread.
>>
>>6172904
This would almost be believable if they were always selling two different versions of the same figures, but they're not.

Hot Toys are for a different market. Figures in the same scale that go together and are sold together are not.

Please cut off your hands and quit using the Internet.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/821797283830366210

NECA supports using hot water. Suck it.
>>
>>6172928
>warm water and/or hair dryer should do the trick
Good, one less subject for shitposting, now we just have to wait for the two faggots to get tired and move on...
>>
>>6172928
Warm water is hardly boiling water tho
>>
>>6172957
Children's clothing. Commercial art before that. Manufacturing thing on the back burner right now due to some logistics issues.

Not that any of this matters. You don't have to run a business to know the point is to make as much money as possible.
>>
>>6172945

Boiling water works faster, that's all.
>>
>>6172977
But they don't recommend it. They suggest running under warm water. Pretty different.

Not having this discussion though.
>>
>>6172983
How am I wrong? "Run under warm water" doesn't mean "submerge in boiling water."

I swear this thread exists in bizarro world.
>>
File: predator1.jpg (39KB, 630x332px) Image search: [Google]
predator1.jpg
39KB, 630x332px
>>6172044
Oh look, here's a shot of a predator in stealth mode and it looks nothing like your shitty repaint figure.
>>
>>6172044
Since when does the environment you live in have anything to do with how a toy could or should look?
>>
File: stealth mode 2.jpg (38KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
stealth mode 2.jpg
38KB, 346x450px
>>6172044
And look, here's another shot of him in a completely different location, and it still looks nothing like military camoflage.

I don't even know why you're taking it so personally, unless you're someone who worked on the figure or a NECA loyalist. Either way, it's pretty sad that you're getting so worked up about defending it.
>>
File: small_thermal_vision_dutch.jpg (192KB, 620x485px) Image search: [Google]
small_thermal_vision_dutch.jpg
192KB, 620x485px
>>6172044
See this? This is a well executed representation of a movie special effect. It looks like it would on screen, and reads as Dutch being viewed in thermal vision.

This jungle demon paint job is just poorly executed and doesn't read as being "invisible". It reads as coming out of stealth and having camoflagued armor under the stealth.
>>
>>6173009
>It reads as coming out of stealth and having camoflagued armor under the stealth.

No, it doesn't. I'm sorry you choose to view it that way so you can support your contrarian world view.
>>
>>6173016
People don't choose these things. That's not how perception works.
>>
File: IMG_1506.jpg (70KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506.jpg
70KB, 400x426px
I can't personally think of a better way they could have done it but the effect just doesn't work for me. It just looks like a Predator in jungle camoflauge coming uncloaked.
>>
>>6171973
The head actually looks pretty nice in that photo. Like light peeking through palm fronds or ferns. Then it all goes kind of shit and starts looking like G.I. Predator, especially on the leg and armor bits. Maybe it's the palette? If the whole thing looked as nice as the head it'd be an insta-buy for me.
>>
>>6171973

Looks excellent! Definitely adding that to the collection.
>>
>>6172306
Sweet,I've been wanting a few extra Dutch's for my Bill and Lance figures
>>
Everyone excited to see NECA's quarter scale Darth Vader at ToyFair?
>>
>>6173292
>Darth Vader figure #bajillion

not really...
>>
File: C4LufY2UMAABBx9.jpg (21KB, 750x173px) Image search: [Google]
C4LufY2UMAABBx9.jpg
21KB, 750x173px
I'm the only one who would've paid for a Red Polo shirt Dutch?
>>
>>6173438
There's already 5 dutch variants, we don't need every single shirt he wore. Pointless without pencil pusher anyways.
>>
>>6173438
It's the only one I want at this point
>>
File: epic handshake.gif (1MB, 350x192px) Image search: [Google]
epic handshake.gif
1MB, 350x192px
>>6173438
>>6173464

you son of a bitch!
>>
File: 84537659034768346.jpg (86KB, 507x380px) Image search: [Google]
84537659034768346.jpg
86KB, 507x380px
>>6173438
That's actually a pretty good idea, an excuse to squeeze out a brand new sculpt of Dutch in his civilian outfit. Complete with aviator glasses, cigar, a lighted match, bag, and a non-articulated bulging bicep right arm for that epic bro-shake.
Someone tweet this on NECA now!
>>
File: Alien_(1979)_-_The_Alien.jpg (16KB, 247x380px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_(1979)_-_The_Alien.jpg
16KB, 247x380px
Which is the best classic Alien?
>>
>>6173782
Also, Mantis or Gorilla?
>>
>>6173790

Mantis. 100% new sculpt. Gorilla has tiny warrior legs that look off.
>>
>>6172004
Did you get the shoulder cannon from another predator figure or was it included?
>>
>>6174075
But they don't look off at all. You try to meme that every time, but you're just wrong here.
>>
>>6173044
I get the point of it, it's meant to mimic a similar release they made for the Berserker Predator where the transparent gaps are meant to simulate a lack of foliage behind the Predator.

Admittedly in this case it doesn't work as well because we actually see this particular Predator run around in stealth a lot with foliage passing across its entire body with very little gaps in the greenery. I think molding some green into the body or even simply making a more kaleidoscopic pattern with the paint (instead of generic camo) would have simulated the look a lot better.

I'm still getting it because I always wanted a classic stealth Pred with the yellow eyes and this is the closest thing I'll get to that.
>>
File: water.jpg (93KB, 896x824px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
93KB, 896x824px
Too bad they could have figured some way to do the Camo JH similar to how they did the old Water Emergence JH.

It's still one of the most unique looking Predators, and a really neat melding of the cloaked and colored looks.
>>
>>6173782
Not worth Amazon rape prices, but: https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Alien-Xenomorph-Action-Figure/dp/B01BLMU654/ref=sr_1_8?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1486664316&sr=1-8&keywords=neca+alien
>>6173790
>>6174075
Agreed. I don't own the gorrila yet but I fucking love mantis. Probably my favorite xeno in my collection.
>>
>>6174075

Mantis Xeno isn't 100% new, but it really only uses the torso, the hips, and the upper legs from the previous Aliens Warriors.

Everything else, however, is new.
>>
>>6174167
I still have that and it's such a good looking figure.

That's basically what I mean when they could have used molded some green into the plastic. >>6174129
>>
>>6174201
>>6174167
I don't know, I don't think green would look as good molded straight into the plastic.
>>
File: 1486669670755.jpg (140KB, 798x939px) Image search: [Google]
1486669670755.jpg
140KB, 798x939px
NECA doesn't have the Pacific Rim 2 license, right? Sad.
>>
>>6173716
>Someone tweet this on NECA now!
Randy has shot it down multiple times
>>
>Jungle demon is $34 at retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12944&mode=retail

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>6173438
Is that Jungle Hunter on the old predator body? What the fuck?
>>
>>6174309
I hope that's not real, those look like shit.
>>
>>6174349
They must be upcharging. Randy said yesterday that it would retail at 22
>>
>>6174352
They have everything else in the line except Jungle Demon listed $22.
>>
>>6174356
Scalping then
>>
>>6174352
BigBadToyStore always charges more than msrp for anything they think is short-packed or will sell faster than the rest of the case. Although I'd have expected them to upcharge Gorp.
>>
>>6174309

Uh, what the hell happened to Pacific Rim? When did it turn into one of those shitty low budget CG cartoons that get made in Canada?
>>
>>6174351
>>6174516
it's obviously concept art, people. Christ.
>>
>>6174562

That's still some terrible design work.
>>
>>6174580
I think the front most jaeger looks cool enough.
>>
>>6174309
Is it just me or does the right jaeger have a second cockpit in his chest?
>>
>>6174615
That appears to be the case, but we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>6174309
what's this from?
>>
>>6174309
So who does have the license? Or is Legendary still hoping to find a licensee at Toy Fair?
>>
>>6174699
>is Legendary still hoping to find a licensee at Toy Fair?

Did you not read the words on the picture you just looked at??
>>
>>6174615
Actually, it looks like it is almost removable in a sense. Like a second, smaller bot could emerge from it.
>>
Which version of Dutch is the best? Trying to decide between them all
>>
>>6174699
>>6174705
I'm nervous about the license since Legendary's last 2 movies were Warcraft (Jakk's Pacific) and Kong:Skull Island (Lanard Toys - makers of crappy The CORPS toys)

They seem to be going with lower-end toy companies
>>
>>6175188
They're all equally good. I have most of them and it just really depends on which version you want, whether it be a generic all-rounder or something more scene-specific.

>Jungle Extraction - nice for your intro "clean" version with the "steek around" knife.
>Jungle Patrol - the iconic poster look though he doesn't do much in the movie in that look.
>Jungle Encounter - the first time they truly face off against the Predator right after trapping it. Shown all the way up to the waterfall segment.
>Jungle Disguise - the mud-covered look in the finale

I'll admit I have a soft spot for Jungle Disguise Dutch mainly because I never thought we'd even get a figure of him based on the climactic battle. Otherwise, my 2nd choice is Encounter, 3rd Extraction and 4th Patrol.
>>
>>6175294
Oh and as a bonus, I guess there's the bloodied "Final Battle" Dutch but that was only ever put out in a 2-pack alongside the defeated Predator with the green blood-vomit all over its face.
>>
>>6174705
You realize that there are countless licenses available for major properties, right? If they'd already sold the rights to produce 6" action figures but were still looking for a 12" licensee and a restaurant chain looking to make kid's meal toys it's not like the poster would say as much.
>>
>>6175297
Don't forget Thermal Vision Dutch.
>>
>>6175702
That one wasn't popular, was it? Is the only figure from the 25th anniversary wave that is easily found nowadays and its price dropped rather than increase over the years.
>>
File: pred.jpg (153KB, 667x541px) Image search: [Google]
pred.jpg
153KB, 667x541px
I still want an 'original' Predator
>>
File: 1102017165821.jpg (696KB, 2415x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1102017165821.jpg
696KB, 2415x1300px
Good haul in Newcastle today lads.
>>
>>6175729
Randy shot it down last week
>>
>>6175729
>>6175818
I mean, I'd buy it personally, but it would probably shelf warm and none of the sculpts could really be reused for anything so I understand why.
>>
Still waiting for more of the vidya stuff like cybord Dutch from the AVP arcade game and all the weird variants from Extinction.
>>
File: C4Ujqm9VUAApLtV.jpg (964KB, 2432x3473px) Image search: [Google]
C4Ujqm9VUAApLtV.jpg
964KB, 2432x3473px
The final Alien in the mixed wave is from the comic Defiance
>>
>>6175727
Yeah, i kindda get it though, it's a really specific look, it's probably much more appealing to have a regular Dutch fighting JH in your desk than Thermal Vision Dutch, still, it makes for cool pics.
>>
>>6175907
Is this just isolation with a new head?
>>
>>6175907
Isolation body is meh, dat head though!
>>
>>6175907
That looks boss, loving all these varied xenos.
>>
Damn, Jungle Demon and Open Mouth JH are alredy sold out at bbts.
>>
>>6175729
weird
>>
>>6175907
Looks cool ... But with isolation chap legs this better come with a stand
>>
>>6175907

But that's just Isolation xeno with a new head. So disappointing
>>
>>6175907
He looks like such a happy chap
>>
>>6176992

That's all it needs to be. It's excellent looking.
>>
File: 567983465980346534535.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
567983465980346534535.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
Anyone here display their 7" NECA collection on IKEA's Billy bookcase? Post some pics. I'm especially interested to see how suitably deep (28 cm?) the shelves are and if they're appropriate for 7" figures.
>>
>>6177636
Every time I've thought about getting something from IKEA, I'm reminded of how God-awful expensive it all seems to be...

I wish that wasn't the case.
>>
File: preds_a_plenty1.jpg (217KB, 961x1382px) Image search: [Google]
preds_a_plenty1.jpg
217KB, 961x1382px
>>6177636

I don't have most of these Predators anymore, but I used to use one of the cheap-o like, $26 Target bookcases.

It was kind of a clusterfuck, but I was living in a pretty tiny space at the time.
>>
>>6177650
How deep are those shelves?
>>
>>6177636
Hi-jacking a little, but what is the best color for figure display furniture? White, black, dark brown, or natural wood?
>>
>>6177662

A little over 11", IIRC.
>>
>>6177650
>>6177668
2 figures deep at most, and roughly 8 figures across. Damn, seems kinda crammed. Was thinking of doing a diorama with an Alien queen & colonial marines.
>>
>>6172306
oh thank lord they're reissuing Dutch. I missed out when it was out for $20 and was not willing to pay the $40 scalpers ask for it on amazon. Definitely the one US figure I'm buying this year. When are they coming out, exactly?
>>
>>6177767

Bigbad is claiming June. Sooooo maybe then.
>>
Still waiting for Silvanas and Raynor
>>
File: 'Kay.jpg (59KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
'Kay.jpg
59KB, 293x364px
>>6175215
>Warcraft (Jakk's Pacific)
>Look into them because instantly curious
>They're absolute trash
I don't know why I expected better from Jakks.
Hopefully Bandai gets the licence and makes some good stuff though.
>>
File: 12.jpg (113KB, 748x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
113KB, 748x1000px
Post some weird shit from NECA you didn't even know existed.
>>
All you Newcastle anons, Fantastic Toys now has ultimate City Hunter, T-1000 motorcycle cop and the kenner aliens in stock.
>>
>>6178925

I own both of those 9 figures. Bought them cause the sculpted detail on them is absolutely astounding...

I wish they'd gotten to the second wave (you know, if the movie hadn't bombed so hard), cause I wanted the bird skull chick they were gonna do.
>>
>>6178925
>>
>>6179398

I remember seeing these at Sam Goodies years n'years ago.
>>
File: 9-twins.png (397KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9-twins.png
397KB, 1024x768px
>>6178925
>>6179391
I've got 1 and my mate has 9, they're nice figs but severely lack in articulation. I wish they would have done the twins though. 2 would have been awesome with that skull helmet too.
>>
>>6179461

Well, I mean, they have bendy arms...they tried to make them look consistent in sculpt throughout. It worked.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghBAgz232V0
>>
>>6180162

What a dusty nightmare. Coll pred collection though.
>>
What was the latest news on Resurrection figures?
Will the even come out this year?
>>
>>6180975
Probably closer to the end of the year.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-13-22-39-18.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-13-22-39-18.png
2MB, 1280x800px
>>6175907
So I read the defiance comic up to date and this thing is literally in a few panels in the free comic day comic .... And I that's it .... No Kenner aliens ... A fucking comic alien that was in a free comic day comic ... Not even the actual comic run but the fucking free comic that was shared with Serenity and hell boy .... What the hell neca?
>>
>>6181258
They found it at the corner of Cheap and Easy

In that panel it doesn't look like it'd use the Isolation legs.
>>
>>6181258
>>6181270
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/830208717274570753
>>
>>6181895
The real key here is the NECA tweet saying there's added articulation to that body. What's new though?
>>
File: 1200x-Ripley-Newt-2pk_3-.jpg (285KB, 1200x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1200x-Ripley-Newt-2pk_3-.jpg
285KB, 1200x1038px
I saw the Ripley & Newt two pack in person today.

Big nope from me, not for £39.99.
You folks seem to love to talk about figures not 'costing out' when they skip on accessories, so how do they justify the pricing of Ripley+Newt when the Celtic vs. Grid 2-pack is sitting on the same shelf for a few quid more? A little girl is worth jack shit compared to a predator and alien.
>>
>>6181927
AVP pack is based on constantly reused bodies that will continue to get reused

They're not doing shit with the Ripley or Newt molds

It's less about "costing out" and more maximizing returns on investment. Someone will argue against that as if it isn't common sense and good business.
>>
>>6181258
Funny how the teeth on the figure aren't even sculpted to look like how it did in that panel.

Sasuga Randy-kun.
>>
File: NECA.jpg (123KB, 1099x1079px) Image search: [Google]
NECA.jpg
123KB, 1099x1079px
>>6182030
>They're not doing shit with the Ripley or Newt molds
Yet this is the third Ripley and second Newt we've had using the same bodies within a year.
>>
>>6182037
>that pic
Will she be okay?
>>
>>6181927
Was going to buy that since don't have a Ripley yet and always wanted a Newt, but Ripley's expression made me change my mind...
>>
>>6182221
Is it different from the single pack Ripley?
>>
File: IMG_6085.jpg (297KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6085.jpg
297KB, 1000x508px
>>6182225
Yes, the original Aliens Ripley figure is superior in every way. Compare this to this >>6182037
>>
armored bats when?
>>
>>6179474
Oh shit man I didn't know their arms were bendy! Still would have liked more characters though.
>>
File: pRpy1E8.jpg (890KB, 5468x3187px) Image search: [Google]
pRpy1E8.jpg
890KB, 5468x3187px
>>
>>6182293
>Still would have liked more characters though.

Agreed. The movie (which I saw literally for the first time a year ago) had some fantastic designs.
>>
>>6182037
>second Newt we've had using the same bodies within a year.

No, it's the same Newt figure. There's nothing different with it at all.

>>6182234

And whatever man, the 2-pack figure looks great. I got it recently from TRU.com and I really like it. It works very well with her holding Newt.
>>
>>6181927

$20 Newt, $20 Ripley.

You can say it's "worth jack shit" to you, but the figure still has to cost out for tooling, paint, and articulation. You may not like it, but that's the reality.
>>
>>6181916
Upon close inspection the elbow seems a bit different from Big Chap, maybe We are looking at double joints here.
>>
File: 20170214_200843.png (273KB, 1440x1209px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_200843.png
273KB, 1440x1209px
Wait who's reporting normal and civil comments? That's weird.
>>
>>6181927

>those bedroom eyes from Newt

Lewd.
>>
>>6181927

Newt was previously only released as a convention exclusive at a higher price tag anyway.

They're probably just carrying over her somewhat "exclusivity" in price over to the two pack.

Also, here in the US, single figures are to the point of costing about $22~$23 each, and the price of this two pack is $45, yet people are still bitching as if this is some sort of foul. Its pretty much where it should be.
>>
>>6182869
>Also, here in the US, single figures are to the point of costing about $22~$23 each, and the price of this two pack is $45, yet people are still bitching as if this is some sort of foul.

Up until just these last couple years, multipacks were almost always less than what it cost to buy them all individually. For a while I tried to limit my toy buying to multipacks for the sake of getting a good deal and a good value. Somewhere along the way companies kinda abandoned that for seemingly the most part.
>>
File: Cyh__1pWIAAPUVO.jpg (218KB, 746x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cyh__1pWIAAPUVO.jpg
218KB, 746x1200px
>>6182878
>>6182738
Discussions such as that one often turns in a massive and pointless flamewar that occupies 1/3, some times more than half a thread, derailing the whole thing and bringing down any atempt at talking about anything else, usually because both parties fail to say "i disagree, but it's fine that you have your own opinion", instead they always go "you are so wrong, my opinion is a proven fact" etc, makes sense that these are deleted, as long as opinions can't be respected and good threads ate going to hell there's no point in allowing further arguments...

Anyway, who is excited about these? Don't wait for Serpent Hunter, he and Clan Leader look so badass.
>>
>>6182909
I want Elder the most and I also want Young Blood too, but only for the head since it is just Scar's mask, but without the markings in the middle. I personally hated the markings on the mask.
Serpent Hunter looks cool though, but I barely remember that AvP game
>>
My girlfriend got me the Ultimate City Hunter for Valentines Day
It's cool, no complaints EXCEPT the masked head won't go on the peg.
My guess there's excess plastic in the socket? Because the unmasked head fits fine so it can be the peg itself.

Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>6183020
>so it can be the peg itself
can't*
>>
>>6183020
Maybe you should dunk that head in some

nice

hot

water

to get it on the peg.
>>
>>6183020
It wasnt on the peg when you got it? Because by default it's should be
>>
>>6181270
It does have the digitigrade legs and the isolation body in the comic ... It's hard to see since only like one or two small shots of you see it but it's there....

I mean I still want the damn thing since it's a unique xeno.... But something with more of a presence in the universe would have been preferred. As it is it just smacks of low effort
>>
>>6181927
This pack was the only way to get newt with out paying out the ass for the sdcc version .... They've had problems with reneging on exclusivity so they had to stop doing that. This was the compromise. Not all of us have the original aliens Ripley and it runs for about 50+ and newt runs at 100+ so if you think 45 Dollars for both is too much the by all means go spend alot more to get which one you want separately
>>
>>6183459
It was on there in the box, but once I took it out it came right off, so I guess it was put in place but never really pegged on there
>>
I don't know why anyone was expecting another Kenner Xeno in the mixed wave, we've never gotten a Kenner Pred in a wave with anything else so why would that happen for aliens?

You can be a little disappointed that the new guy seems like an Isolation Xeno with a new head (and maybe new elbows) but to bitch that it's not a Kenner Xeno is just stupid
>>
>>6182234
They re-released the single pack Ripley recently. Found her at TRU. Looked great.
>>
>>6183676
I'm actually excited about the new xeno, i didn't got the Isolation one because i felt it looked too much like big chap to justify it on my collection (i know that's what they were going for, but still).
The new guy though actually looks different enough i'm adding it to my list.
>>
File: C4uL0gxW8AQ5QSK.jpg (339KB, 3000x2541px) Image search: [Google]
C4uL0gxW8AQ5QSK.jpg
339KB, 3000x2541px
>>6183676
>we've never gotten a Kenner Pred in a wave with anything else

Viper is kind of a Kenner pred and he was released alongside the Enforcer and the Elder v2 so I can see where people were coming from.

Anyways, say hi to Dachande
>>
>>6183854
Nnngh

He can't come fast enough
>>
>>6183854
wasn't his armor always dark grey?
>>
>>6183473
How thee fawk is Ripley going for 50+!? I got that bish a few months ago for retail.
>>
File: TNT.jpg (181KB, 1111x1300px) Image search: [Google]
TNT.jpg
181KB, 1111x1300px
Objectilvey speaking, was this NECA's best release? It definitely gets my vote.

What do you think was their best, /toy/?
>>
>>6184619

Why do you think it's their best? I mean they've had a lot of excellent releases...the Arcade Turtles are big ones for me, or the Mirage Foot Clan.
>>
>>6184689
I just think that the Arnie sculpt is so undeniably good. Especially compared to their other ultimate Arnie's. The ultimate T-800 doesn't really do it for me, but they got it exactly right on this one. He's also perfect for all of the poses he does in the movie (Granted their not too extraneous). I like the turtles as well but I can't put any of them into poses that don't seem stiff.

Another big selling point for me is the accessories, specifically the cut open arm, and the 3 heads. They really went all out on this one.

Hopefully this didn't sound too autistic. It's hard for me to put it into words.
>>
>>6184702

Nah, you explained yourself well enough, s'all good.
>>
Seems only /toy/ isnt impressed by the Jungle Demon

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/831995371253616645
>>
>>6184704
>people on /toy/ being contrarian

Gee, that almost never happens. It's not surprising at all though. You basically have to take the hatred and bullshit that people post on /toy/ with a huge grain of salt.
>>
>>6184704
Don't speak for the orthers but i like it very much, it will work very well for both nature pics and shelves with printed backgrounds.
>>6184708
It's not just a /toy/ thing though, most boards hate stuff that's popular, in many cases the hatred is so deep that Anons simply defend hating without even knowing how or why it started, hell, some boards hate stuff that the board it self created and used to like just because it got out there and became popular.
>>
>>6184351
I thought so but google is telling me it was actually green
>>
>>6184704
I'm still getting it, but I'll admit that it could have been better.
>>
File: 84969036798346798346.jpg (5KB, 174x289px) Image search: [Google]
84969036798346798346.jpg
5KB, 174x289px
Just realized that NONE of my NECA figures have any closed fist hand parts. Is there any though? List some with pics.
>>
>>6185363
Forgot to mention: Humans only. No apes & shit.
>>
>>6184351

Speaking of which are there any female Predators or are they just a males-only species?
>>
>>6185375

There are female Predators, but what they look like, and their role within the Predator society varies wildly in the EU.
>>
>>6185396
>their role within the Predator society
Obviously getting fucked.
>>
>>
>>6185458
Jesus you'd think they'd at least straighten the leg on the prototype
>>
>>6185363
>>6185365
Not at home, can't take pictures but off the top of my head:
Reeve superman
Adam west Batman
Tech Noir Terminator
Ultimate T-800 (I think)
Part 6 Jason
The new preacher figure

Might be wrong on some of those and yes, I'm counting humanoids
>>
>>6185458

That brings back so many memories of playing that game at Aladdin's Castle. Definitely buying it.
>>
>>6183854
Holy fucking shit, this is the only thing I've ever wanted. Dachande is my boy, I musta read the AVP TPB about a thousand damn times growing up.

>>6185458
>>6185506
It DOES look like it, but is this actually confirmed to be from the AVP game? If so, this is gonna be the best year ever.
>>
>>6185525
>It DOES look like it, but is this actually confirmed to be from the AVP game?

It's from the Konami game actually
>>
>>6185458
lmao that leg wtf
>>
>>6185545
This. It's the Aliens arcade cabinet game.
>>
>>6185458
That warrior body seriously needs a 2.0 or something, I've seen far too many of these things with warped legs for it to be a 'one-off' situation. You know it's fucked when prototype display piece can barely stand.
>>
>>6184619
Preternia had him on their best of list. Hes definitely one of their better figs. Id say arcade turtles for me.
>>
File: 162017223746.jpg (457KB, 1421x1400px) Image search: [Google]
162017223746.jpg
457KB, 1421x1400px
>>6184619
Out of all the ultimate Arnie terminators we've had so far, this one remains my favourite.
>>
>>6185682
That warrior body IS the 2.0.
There's nothing wrong with the legs though. Shit warps in packaging all the time.
>>
1/4 armored batman when?
>>
>>6186069
That pink xeno has probably never seen retail packaging in its life yet the legs are truly fucked, they need to use a sturdier plastic cause whatever they're using now is too pliable.
>>
Has anyone bought a Queen from China on eBay? They're probably bootlegs but I really want a Queen without paying $100+
>>
>>6186077

It came right out of the package, that's a production sample, that's why the leg is warped.
>>
>>6186087

Honestly, never trust anything coming from China. That's about as good a rule of thumb as you can get.
>>
>>6186088
>It came right out of the package

Why would they put a production sample inside of retail packaging (complete with leg warping twisty ties) only to then take it out of said packaging and put it on display behind glass at a toy convention?
>>
>>6184619
Would like to see a 1/4 of this one day
>>
>>6186099

What the fuck are you talking about? They took the toy out of the box and put it on display.
>>
>>6186099

Not that guy, and at first I was going to agree with you, but NECA has shown off the figures packaged in blank boxes before as production samples just to make sure everything looks right and is lined up with the window and the artwork/inserts and stuff.

Not saying that is necessarily the case here, but it has indeed happened before.
>>
>NECA gets full rights to make figures based off Sony games
>they do absolutely nothing with it except Kratos and Drake

I need Nioh figures in my life.
>>
>>6186125

Who said they had the full rights?
>>
>>6186087

Queen is getting re-released but she's a 100 dollar figure so the only way you're getting cheaper is damaged or lucky second hand find.

>>6186125
I bought the revo samurai skeleton to appease that itch.
>>
>>6186102
You'd think they'd have the box on display
>>
>>6186125
I think it's a little more complicated than that
>>
>>6186337

They do.
>>
>>6185458
Am i the only one noticing the new finger articulation?
>>
File: 20170203_233456.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_233456.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>6186087
Save up if you have to, she's worth it ... I had to pay more to get it from bbts to make sure I got a genuine one. But I didn't feel like I had a proper collection until I got her.
>>
>>6186534

Good eye, didn't even realize that was there. Curiouser and curiouser. I can't tell if that's the AvP hands or not...doesn't look like it.
>>
>>6186558
Indeed, they also added double jointed elbows to Big Chap/Isolation Xeno so i'm guessing they are trying to up both that and Warrior to somewhat AvP standards, still a long way to go but those will surelly help with some poses.
Also, yeah, i think that's the original lower half of the Aliens warrior hand and brand new fingers for the articulated portion.
>>
>>6186515
It's not in any of the pictures on the site that image was taken from. Where did you see it?
>>
So, are we going to talk about Spider-man showing up on Neca's twitter?
>>
You think they'll ever give remaking the 90s Terminator toys?
>>
>>6187371
>>
>>6187371
Randy said there's not enough nostalgia for the line and they aren't different enough to justify it

Plus Terminator doesn't have 3 figure waves so it would take forever
>>
File: Endoglow_pkg.jpg (375KB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Endoglow_pkg.jpg
375KB, 2400x3000px
>>6187371

They did do an Endoglow Terminator as a SDCC exclusive.
>>
>>6175829
Anything from the arcade beat-em-up would be amazing.
>>
>>6187541
I think the Preds in a two pack is pretty likely maybe next year. Dutch and Lynn are less so, Dutch is possible but Lynn might be owned by Capcom and would require some new tooling (unless they reuse Vasquez).
>>
>>6187365
I think they already mentioned they were gonna do a quarter scale spidey
>>
>>6187514
I dig that they dig this, but I wish it faded to black like the original, rather than silver.
>>
>>6173009
I wish this had been molded in translucent plastics with the "hotter" colors actually inside.

same with the camouflage predators, do a some trans greens in clear plastic instead of painting it on. and yellow LEDs would have been amazing instead of painted eyes
>>
>>6188095
It also wouldn't actually work at all. Plus you'd see all that shit inside for the LEDs.
>>
>>6188095
That actually looks really good. And I think it gives a better effect than if they would've molded the green into the plastic.

And how feasible would be having leds for a figure of that scale and translucent to boot? Wouldn't be visible the mechanism inside?
>>
File: C45jiGCW8AAUVjT.jpg (435KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C45jiGCW8AAUVjT.jpg
435KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: IMG950251.png (150KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG950251.png
150KB, 719x1280px
SO I SET THE WORLD ON FIRE
>>
>>6188432
2 every 6 months :(
>>
File: C45a_xNUEAEMGl8.jpg (155KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C45a_xNUEAEMGl8.jpg
155KB, 900x1200px
quarter scale strange
>>
>>6188095
>I wish this had been molded in translucent plastics with the "hotter" colors actually inside.
Dude, this would have been ridiculously complicated and expensive. In injection molding, plastic is forced into the molds at high pressures. There's no way to just have a region of the inside be a different color UNLESS you sculpted an entire internal "skeleton" of colored bits and somehow suspended them within the molds...which is actually more of a resin pouring type of technique, idk if you could even do that with injection molding.

ANYWAY, my point is, what you're suggesting isn't feasible, especially in a $20 mass market figure.

>>6188368
Holy hell, the camo'd Pred actually looks great here.
>>
File: C45wN5AUcAEKJeR.jpg (37KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
C45wN5AUcAEKJeR.jpg
37KB, 800x556px
Other than the Ashy Slashy puppet NECA is doing a replica of the NOES3 puppet
>>
File: pr2.jpg (116KB, 784x503px) Image search: [Google]
pr2.jpg
116KB, 784x503px
>>6188432
Unless they overhaul the look of the Jaegers entirely before the film's release, I don't give two shits about this news. I don't want a high quality super poseable figure of a generic FPS character.
>>
>>6188500
The one on the right is kind of cool. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty generic and lacking in the personality the originals had.
>>
File: C451S9YWEAAhTyg.jpg (147KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C451S9YWEAAhTyg.jpg
147KB, 847x1200px
AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>6188548
OH
SHIT
>>
File: C451U65VYAAq9Cq.jpg (125KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C451U65VYAAq9Cq.jpg
125KB, 821x1200px
>>6188548
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: C456FKtUkAI1Rf9.jpg (64KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
C456FKtUkAI1Rf9.jpg
64KB, 960x768px
It's one of the best 2 packs ever
>>
>>6188493
>Holy hell, the camo'd Pred actually looks great here.

I know, it's almost like the people bitching about it had no idea what they were talking about.
>>
>>6188474
surely will sell but not armored bats
>>
>>6188641

Strange is in Thor 3, a movie that will make money, and be well liked. You know, unlike the poison shit that is Batman v Superman.
>>
>>6187371
Id get that half and half T-1000. Option parts are mehh...
>>
>>6188500
I don't see how this is generic when it basically looks just like the stuff from the last movie
>>
>>6188618
Those heads still don't do it for me at all

I guess it's Mezco for me

>>6188637

It's almost like you don't know what subjective personal perception is.
>>
>>6188769

Seriously. It just looks like slightly more angular designs of Gypsy Danger, Crimson Typhoon, and Horizon Brave.
>>
>>6188769
>>6188779
You know in American comics when they need a giant robot, and just straight rip off an anime mech, but change just enough about it to avoid getting sued? That's what these designs remind me of.
>>
>>6188803
>but the accessories sure are better
Eh, that's debatable.

Plus if you collect NECAs Evil Dead stuff youd have all the accessories that the Mezco comes plus more like Linda's head, the tape recorder, the candarian dagger, the dear head, and more swappaple heads.
Getting all that would probably cost around as much as that one Mezco figure.

Plus the mezco one wont scale with most horror stuff on the market, not that it needs too. It's all about personal preference in the end.
I just think the NECA line is better bang for your buck.
>>
>>6188841
>absolute bullshit

That's a strange way to refer to objectively true things

>>6188845
These are actual good points and not made by an antagonistic crybaby. Good job. I don't really mind if it doesn't scale with like, Freddy or Jason or whatever, and I think it'll look good with the zombies they've shown off. I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>6188618

I knew it was a good idea to hold out, but now I don't know if I want the mezco one more...
>>
>>6188927
Why would you buy the Mezco? It looks awful. This is a better set in every way.
>>
>>6188931
looking at it some more, the perfectly pressed and clean outfit does look pretty bad. Second face is off too.
>>
File: Glorious.gif (838KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Glorious.gif
838KB, 300x168px
>>6188618
I need an awesome ash in my life ... Since I didn't like the first evil dead one as much and I couldn't find a fucking ash ve evil dead hero ash near me ... I have to get this one ... And it certainly is one I want ... Damn that is in a two pack but this will probably still be cheaper than a ash vs evil dead hero ash at this point
>>
Headsculpt looks good to me
>>
Is this the mezco that you guys think is better? I mean if you think you this is better than that's your choice but me personally I like the neca one and I'm pretty sure my.wallet will to
>>
>>6188965

Plus you get a deadite! Can't beat that.
>>
>>6188368
What's the Aliens box on the left? Are they re-releasing the Warrior?
Would be sweet if they did so since they just added finger articulation + they could add an egg and facehugger like with the pink Xeno.
>>
So it's pretty much safe to assume the Covenant wave will be shown off? BBTS has preorders up already without any pictures.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-17-23-10-34.png (543KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-17-23-10-34.png
543KB, 720x1280px
>>6189287
no pics until after the movie is out
>>
>>6189179
Is the Pink Xeno's box
>>
>>6189311
Bah, this "new creature" better be fucking cool.
>>
File: Dutches.png (292KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
Dutches.png
292KB, 479x361px
>>6173455
There's actually six

Jungle Patrol (Green shirt with vest)
Jungle Encounter (No shirt just vest)
Jungle Disguise
Jungle Extraction (Cigar, brown jacket)
Final Battle 2 pack shirtless bloody variant
Thermal Vision
>>
>>6189726
Yeah, I worry about this movie enough...the designs can be kind of meh though.
>>
Is that a Jokerized Alien as Neca's Twitter AV?
>>
>>6190062
We are getting batman vs pred and supes vs alien figs.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_091844.jpg (293KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_091844.jpg
293KB, 2048x1536px
FUUUUUUCK
>>
File: IMG_20170218_091850.jpg (564KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_091850.jpg
564KB, 2048x1536px
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK
>>
File: IMG_20170218_091853.jpg (223KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_091853.jpg
223KB, 2048x1536px
SHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIT (I hope that isnt just an avp pack in)
>>
File: Rise.jpg (252KB, 784x503px) Image search: [Google]
Rise.jpg
252KB, 784x503px
>>6188769
>>6188779
You guys have no eye for character design. The first movie did unique things with the silhouette of almost every Jaeger. Even the ones I found most boring (Gipsy and Striker) had unique points of interest, like Gipsy's weird almost dracula-esque collar rising up behind its head for example.

The PR2 designs are lazy to the extreme. They honestly look like work I used to see from certain classmates back in design school--people who knew how to paint, but had no imagination. There's just no personality to these--like the Doom cover, you could slap any logo on there and nobody would have any idea something was amiss.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_092334.jpg (198KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_092334.jpg
198KB, 2048x1536px
Tf2 is getting finished
>>
File: 18lpt3jhgp966jpg.jpg (122KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
18lpt3jhgp966jpg.jpg
122KB, 800x624px
>>6190228
>>6190230
>>6190231
FUCK YEAH!!!! Something good is happening in 2017 after all!

Also, I know they won't do it, cause it basically is just a giant standard Xeno with a long/thick tail, but I wish we got a giant croc Xeno because this scene was so striking.

>>6190236
Looks nice. Hope they actually make it to market. And shit, I hope they do a separate shades head for Sniper, cause removable ones at this scale almost always look bad.
>>
>>6190231
>>6190230
>>6190228

DC collectibles btfo? Holy crap that's just insane though....
>>
>>6190228

That looks better than it has any right to be. Much like the comic itself, that shit was great, even if the sequels sucked.

>>6190230

I did not need to be reminded of this stupid fucking shit though. At least the Batman looks awesome.

>>6190240

Shit now I wonder if they will ever be crazy enough to do a Queen-sized Croc Alien. I'd snatch that shit up so fast.
>>
>>6190262
Tbf like 97% of all alien and pred comics tie ins or self contaied, are terrible.
>>
>>6190262
They've said that they wouldn't do the insane amount of tooling on a huge figure like that if the demand wasn't great. But I hope they change their mind cause that fucking thing would be one hell of a display piece.
>>
>>6190280
To be honest, they could probably reuse some of the parts from the 1/4 Xeno and just tool a new tail and new digitigrade legs/hips to allow it to get into that crouching position.

I mean, it won't be 100% accurate to the art if they do that, but I've noticed NECA kind of does that anyway when they do homages. They mainly just want it to resemble the original, they will reuse "similar" parts if they're close enough. Good example is the Gorilla alien, they used standard warrior legs on it even though it should have much shorter, stumpier ones.
>>
>>6190320
Yeah you're probably right, but they've got a lot on their alien and predator pallete and are booked with figs well into 2019 so unless they sneak this big ass fucking thing in somewhere we might be waiting a bit. I'd be glad to wait honestly
>>
File: IMG_20170218_110424.jpg (426KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_110424.jpg
426KB, 2048x1536px
Broken tusk
>>
>>6190230
Other than my personal dislike of the joker xeno, this looks pretty good. Hope they can better match the color of the cowl to the cape, or that it's just the lighting making them different colors.

>>6190231
That's a real nice and beefy Supes. Don't really want ANOTHER black big chap-esque Alien, but it looks good. Whether or not it can stand up for long before being too much for its leg articulation remains to be seen. Hopefully it's good and worth keeping around.

>>6190228
Another kinda redundant Pred, but necessary. That Batman is fucking radical though.

Saying all this makes me realize I could really do without the A/P halves of these packs, but I'm still pretty jazzed about them overall.
>>
>>6190472
Probably the only way they could makes batman and superman is to have them as 2 packs. Also its the avp warrior mold, not big chap thankfully.
>>
File: __hr_01.jpg (177KB, 778x1203px) Image search: [Google]
__hr_01.jpg
177KB, 778x1203px
Would be nice if they did Green lantern versus Aliens too. Maybe then I could finally have a decent Kyle Rayner figure.
>>
>>6190475
Oh almost definitely. if I hadn't been collecting for a few years I'd be extra pumped, but as it stands, joker xeno aside, it's just two more aliens and predators that look a lot like a bunch of others I already have. Not their fault, but easily the least exciting parts of all three sets for me.

Those aren't the Warrior's legs, are they? I don't think so but don't wanna go upstairs and check.
>>
>>6190521
>Maybe then I could finally have a decent Kyle Rayner figure.

Fucking Christ it's outrageous that one doesn't exist
>>
>>6190471
Yeesh. They ARE fairly accurate to most of the art, but those tampos still look cheaper than I would have liked. And I hope the final paintjob isn't quite so gloppy looking. Oh well, not like that's gonna stop me from buying it. The AVP TPB might as well be my bible.
>>
>>6190534
The calves looked slightly tweaked.
>>
>>6190236
Do you think sniper and scout arent in proper gun holding poses because they cant do them?
Is scout going to be able to get into a good running pose without a torso joint?
>>
>>6190776
Maybe its under the shirt like how that Uncharted figure is?
>>
>>6188984
Holy jaws Batman
>>
>>6190231
>Neca is giving us the definitive classic Superman so far
This is a bizarre timeline
>>
>>6190521
>>6190538
You guys are cool, don't go to school on Monday
>>
>>6190231
That's just a blacker AvP alien, right?
>>
>>6190776
Scout might be able to hold his gun sorta convincingly, like Pyro, but there's no way Sniper is gonna be able to look down his scope.
>>
>>6190839

It's almost like you've never seen Bruce Campbell before.
>>
>>6190232
>You guys have no eye for character design.

You totally missed my point, but ok.

PR definitely had unique robot designs from one robot to the next. They all were super distinguishable and (most of them) had lots of great personality, and several design elements even of their home country.

PR2 robots just look like shitty recolors of existing PR robots, except with slightly redesigned, slightly more angular armor.

I'm not sure how you even got that I slamming PR's robot designs from my post (I was >>6188779).

So, chill. I agree with you.
>>
>>6191506
Please tell me how is this as exaggerated as the figure
>>
>>6191540

It looks just like it, honestly...like, that's Bruce to a T.
>>
>>6190228
>>6190230
>>6190231
Holy crap, this takes me waaaaaay back. A shame I used to have to trade paperbacks that these figures were based on (they all died in a fire).
>>
>>6190521
>>6190538
>Maybe then I could finally have a decent Kyle Rayner figure.
Never even thought about it this way but damn you're actually right. I would happily buy a pack if NECA made one.
>>
>>6191692
Readcomiconline. To (no space)

Relive it.
>>
>>6189760
Yeah, how could I forget thermal?
>>
>>6190230
>>6190231
>>6190228
I was NOT expecting these. Awesome.
>>
>>6190236
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>6190230
I can't get over how great this set looks.
>>
File: C4-RWfzUMAA-dWs.jpg (117KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
C4-RWfzUMAA-dWs.jpg
117KB, 1200x798px
>>6191290
Apparently, it's the Resurrection design. And it's purple.
>>
>>6193723

Oh man, that looks really, really awesome. That's a great shade.
>>
File: Superman Aliens II 1 of 4-13.jpg (366KB, 1200x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Aliens II 1 of 4-13.jpg
366KB, 1200x1840px
>>6190231
Neca Darkseid when?
>>
>>6171973

New thread: >>6194019
>>
>>6190230
Oh I have to get that joker alien!!!
>>
>>6194223
Oh wait ... It's a two pack !?!? Fuuuuuck ... I don't want to pay 45-50 for a two pack to get a fucking Batman ... I don't give a shit about batman ... That fucker is everywhere
>>
>>6194223
>>6194255
You should talk to this guy. >>6194200
>>
>>6189311
>may release

Shit movie confirmed.
>>
>>6194369
As if the trailer didn't confirm that?
>>
>>6193858
If this line actually goes beyond Bats and Supes I would be ecstatic. A 2 pack of Darkseid vs 1 facehugger would be hilarious. Also would probably be an amazing Darkseid.
>>
>>6193723
>green joints

For what purpose?
>>
>>6196405
Because it's a prototype.
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.