[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 71

File: wave10.jpg (115KB, 910x800px) Image search: [Google]
wave10.jpg
115KB, 910x800px
Pegwarmer Edition

Old Thread:
>>6128773
>>
If anyone dare say Where's Jyn this year...

thanks non collectors Where's Rey was never a problem.
She is still pegwarming 16 months later!
>>
>>6140083
You're using English words but I have very little idea as to what you just said.
>>
>>6140094
If this year a Where's Jyn "movement/campaign" starts up again then I'll be angry.

Last year a Where's Rey campaign started mainly by non collectors who probably never even looked in a toy shop.

Thanks to that campaign, Hasbro have repacked Jyn and Cassian in every wave so far when there are still left overs from Force Friday.

As to Rey, she can still be found pegwarming 16 months later.
>>
>>6140083
Dear god, I had some third wave feminist cunt bragging about how proud of a their #wheresrey bullshit like she led the charge herself. Absolutely no connection to the fact every store is sitting of dozens and dozens of shit that will not sell between Rey, Winter Coat, and I Rebel blocking anything else from coming. It's Finn, TFA Hat Man, and the Guavian Guard all over again.

Best part? She still wouldn't let her male child have any of them because of its "patriarchal nature"... WTF?!
>>
>>6140156

I hate that shit so very much. "Where's Rey?" Have you dumbfucks checked eBay? No? What a surprise.
>>
>>6140166
All they gave a shit about was the 6" version which you could find before the movie dropped. Not a single word about all the 3.75" ones that were always around.
>>
>>6140167
You left out the Monopoly set.
That was a joke of itself. They complained that Rey wasn't in that set but the set only had 4 counters. 4!.
That's the real story here, normally it's 8.
>>
>>6140066
God, the Baze sculpt is so bad. But I know it's probably gonna be my best option since I can't afford the Hot Toys. Shit.
>>
>>6140105
Rey is pegwarming now because she was reissued with that first batch of R1 figures. I did not see her at all during TFA's original run.
>>
>>6140258
Yeah no, Should I send you some dust to prove it?
The original Force Friday Rey along with the others in that wave are still available in 10+ each quantities.

The Rogue One Rey sold some, I picked one up because TRU had a sale and included them.
>>
>>6140221
Baze is the guy on the bottom right?
You can probably make a decent Jeff Bridges Ghostbuster custom out of him.
>>
Is the OP picture really the next wave? They're really repacking Jun, Cassian, and the trooper again?

Wow. Braindead
>>
>>6140281
Not here they're not. The only TFA toys that ever touched a shelf were Finn, Zuvio, and Chinese hat guy. I saw one Kylo and one TIE pilot once at one store in a different county.

We don't all live in a Tokyo-esque toy paradise where stuff is actually available.
>>
File: 3425787.jpg.jpg (60KB, 400x776px) Image search: [Google]
3425787.jpg.jpg
60KB, 400x776px
>>6140295

>chinese hat guy
that's zuvio m8
>>
>>6140305
Sorry, I meant the faceless red guy when I said Zuvio.
>>
>>6140281
Yeah, I don't know where you are but it wasn't like that at all. I didn't actually see a rey on a shelf until the first revision that shipped with the kylo who had slightly shorter robes. Fucking everyone and their mother wanted that BB-8.

>>6140322
You know what, the enforcer was weak, but I'd have bought the other red nobody in a heartbeat. The space pirate guy.
>>
>>6140327
I feel like anytime he's mentioned all I see is people saying they'd buy him. He had a really cool design for a background character. Almost like he was made to be a toy and then they made zuvio for whatever reason.
>>
>>6140083
I remember with GotG people were bitching about the lack of Gamora merch. And yes, I agree that she did get shafted on some t-shirts and playsets and shit, but one person I know was claiming that there wasn't a single Gamora action figure. I had to post pictures to their dumbass of the marvel legends 3.75" and 6", and the hot toys.
>>
File: 0212017201614.jpg (689KB, 1400x2432px) Image search: [Google]
0212017201614.jpg
689KB, 1400x2432px
My custom soft goods cape/cloaks arrived from eBay. I waited just over 2 weeks for shipping, that's two weeks earlier than the estimated arrival date so I'm happy.

Overall verdict: awesome.
They add a ton of personality to figures with sculpted clothes, I'm super pleased with how they look.
My one gripe if any is how baggy the hoods are, but they can be made to sit right if you fold them properly. I'll probably hit up customs general to ask about adding distress/weathering to the one I got for black swordsman Guts.
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6140066
just finished my Star Wars shelf, what do you guys think?
>>
>>6140295
>>6140327
I guess it's different in America but here in the UK we got plenty of Force Friday Wave One and then nothing.
It broke down around Spring and then the waves sat there until the Jango wave.

We never got the Ahsoka wave though.
>>
>>6140419
Vader's a big guy for Obi-Wan
>>
>tfw still no Revan, Sabine, Snowtrooper, or AT-AT Driver
Never seen any of that wave, the fuck?
>>
>>6140427

Yep, you can blame Mexican Han Solo and his strong woman counterpart for flooding the pegs.
>>
>>6140105
She only spoke 17% of the movie's dialogue, so feminists have already boycotted Disney/Hasbro. They are most displeased.
>>
>>6140448
she actually had to say stuff to piss them off. She merely had to be in the film to upset the alt-right.
>>
>>6140449
I'd qualify as alt-right by most definitions and my only problem with her was the stupid night-stick attack on the stormtroopers. I thought she was a great character and it was perfectly reasonable to give her the lead role. I really liked the father-daughter angle.

Those 16 year olds on /tv/ aren't alt-right, they're just fucking around and looking for things to complain about. Finn and Rey were great too.
>>
>>6140448
That's such a bizarre thing to keep track of just for the sake of complaining. I'm on 4chan and yet I still can't comprehend what leads a person to put so much effort into being continuously outraged.
>>
>>6140455
>Finn and Rey were great too

Hahahaha, no.
>>
File: 2132617-1239.jpg (89KB, 496x602px) Image search: [Google]
2132617-1239.jpg
89KB, 496x602px
>>6140459
Yeah, it's almost like he's making stuff up in an effort to derail the thread.
>>
>>6140443
Hell, my Toys R Us is STILL nothing but Finn, Zuvio, Guavian Enforcer and like 30 Hovertank Pilots. The old TFA ones are literally coated in dust because they haven't been so much as touched in like a year.
>>
>>6140156
So let me get this straight. This lady complains about a toy not being made that she wouldn't even buy. That is mindbogglingly stupid.
>>
>>6140448
>>6140449
So pissy feminists and angry alt right man children are boycotting Rogue One? I can see their boycott worked so well when it made $800 million worldwide so far.
>>
>>6140465
You're a monster!
>>
>>6140066
Soooo Jewbro is going to put Revan 2 per case in a future wave right? Or are they going to keep making these autistic neet virgin resellers rich? Some fucking neckbeard mother fuck named ORKSEL inc bought out Amazons preorders in the first wave before restrictions. Haven't seen him for 19.99 since but ORKSEL doubled his money up. Thanks Jewbro, you really have the costumer in mind.
>>
>>6140427
I have all but Revan up on eBay for retail price but they only got 3-4 views all month.
>>
>>6140527
And you won't see him for 19.99 until poorfags start buying the rest of the case. Jesus, best assortment in 2 years and nobody will touch anything but Darth Grimdark McNobody.
>>
>>6140337
I can say that his story in Takes From a Galaxy Far Far Away was really really fun so based off that and his nifty design I'd definitely have bought him

That book almost made me want Zuvio but not quite
>>
>>6140552
This. There was so much hand wringing when the line launched because we got greedo instead of kenobi, and now people are talking about buying a case and selling everyone but revan. Sabine's probably the best female figure they've done, both troopers are top tier, and old ben turned out great. This wave is is solid as fuck and people are turning their noses up at most of it, when revan isn't even that great of a toy.

I don't get it.
>>
>>6140419
Why are you keeping them all in the box?
>>
>>6140599
>all

it looks better on the shelf that way, tarkin and maul would look shit out of the box too.
>>
>>6140568
Here's the answer, the only ones buying in quantity are resellers, resellers only buy the figures they can close to double on. It's an industry built on scalping. Thanks Hasbro.
>>
File: IMG_0719.jpg (27KB, 305x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.jpg
27KB, 305x229px
So I've been out of the Star Wars collecting game but recently got back in with the U Wing for the 3.75 inch line.

Jesus

What happened? Why is it made of soft rubber? Why does it have a nerf gun attached? Why does it cost $50 fucking dollars? Did Hasbro just give up or something?
>>
>>6140681
essentially.
It became too difficult to cost SA ffigures and decent ships/sets so to cut costs they went 5poa.

They didn't give up though because the TFA SA figures are pretty good- some of the best.

it's just book balancing and money really.
>>
>>6140568
Nostalgia for that game they played as kids or teens

Simple as that

It's awful
>>
File: IMG_0088.jpg (954KB, 3024x3778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.jpg
954KB, 3024x3778px
>>6140410
Mine came in the mail as well.
>>
>>6140486
My Target is nothing but the two rogue one leads who nobody likes and the TRU is literally nothing but 30 hovertank pilots.
>>
>>6140507
No one actually boycotted it. It's obvious that even the people who hate Star Wars with a passion had a vested interest in seeing it just so they could pick it apart without being called out on not knowing what they are talking about.
>>
>>6140813
That one looks jank AF. Do people not get that cloth doesn't work at small scale?
>>
>>6141013
I've heard you have to wet it, shape it, and then dry it to make it work
>>
>>6140351
>no Gamora playset
Someone posted that tirade on fb recently and I went off. They were talking about Teen Titans getting canceled because girls liked it. No. It got canceled because -kids- didn't like it. Adults loved it, but who cares?
Cartoons are made to sell merch. TT merch was aimed at kids (for obvious reasons) and merch wasn't selling because fat adult nerds can't fit into t-shirts designed for preteens.
Poor merch sales = Show is a failure.
>>
>>6141086
Here's the tirade:

"Its been NINE YEARS and i still dont think anyone knows exactly why teen titans was cancelled
Same reason Young Justice and Green Lantern The Animated Series were canceled: Girls liked it. Bruce Timm finally up an’ said it out loud in an interview a while back when he was asked why in the hell GL:TAS had been canceled when it was doing so well on every front; DC’s animation department has institutionally decided that feee-males don’t/can’t/shouldn’t like superheroes, so even if a show is drawing in great viewership numbers and has great toy sales, once they find out that it’s popular with women and girls, they pull the plug on it. Cartoon Network loved Teen Titans— two million viewers for new episodes will do that— and wanted a Season Six, and the production staff was already in the planning stages for it; they were going to have a big arc about Terra and why she was Living Normal, and do a lot more with the extended Titans team members.
This is so fucked up.
To elaborate on this point a bit, the reason this happens is that modern television merchandising aims for total market segregation.
In a nutshell, it’s much more efficient to sell things to people if you can divide them up into tightly defined subcategories that have no interests in common; that way, you never risk accidentally competing with yourself.
This is why children’s toys (and toy sales channels) are actually much more strongly gendered these days than they were forty, thirty, even twenty years ago: one of the basic market segregation splits they’ve decided to use is “boys versus girls”.
>>
>>6141089
Cont:

"Ever wonder why you see Avengers t-shirts that leave Black Widow out of the group shot, or Guardians of the Galaxy action figure lines with no Gamora? That’s market segregation in action.
The upshot is that shows with crossover appeal can actually be cancelled for being too popular with girls; they’re viewed as “stealing” the female market from the specifically girl-targeted media that rightfully “owns” it.
This is the sort of thing folks are talking about when they say gender roles are socially constructed, by the way. The gender split in media merchandising? It’s not just artificial, it’s deliberately imposed as a top-down marketing strategy. When folks try to justify it by saying “this is the ways it’s always been” or “this is just what the market wants”, they’re lying through their teeth - this is, in fact, the merchandisers dictating to the market what it wants in order to sell stuff more efficiently.
(Interestingly, the reverse isn’t always true: if a specifically girl-targeted show unexpectedly becomes popular with boys, sometimes rather than being cancelled, its merchandising will shift to court the male collector’s market. TV execs are so sexist, even their sexism is sexist.)
>>
>>6141086
On top of that, they really didn't make Teen Titans toys widely available. I know I would have bought them when it was airing and I bought the couple of small ones I saw. It's bullshit, but Teen Titans is hardly the only show that's suffered that fate.

If anything, the executives were much more likely to be completely oblivious to a female demographic for their superhero show.
>>
nigga why are you posting three fucking walls of text about teen titans in a star wars thread
>>
>>6141098
Heh
>>
>>6141098
>every toy in its general
>no digressions
Gestapo much?
>>
File: sex chart1.jpg (82KB, 750x1371px) Image search: [Google]
sex chart1.jpg
82KB, 750x1371px
>>6141089
>>6141091
>This is why children’s toys (and toy sales channels) are actually much more strongly gendered these days than they were forty, thirty
>even twenty years ago
Bullshit.
They figured it out in the 70s what boys and kids want. It's not even artificial. It's just going with what the majority want and being cost effective.

The rest of the rant is nothing new. We've known how cartoons worked since the 80s: being commercials for toys.
However, Cartoon Network is okay with popular cartoons not being toy commercials. However, they will literally fuck over anything that isnt theirs though. WB's cartoons? They must survive as being toy commercials and even then, Cartoon Network has fucked over WB cartoons like JLU and TT because they weren't getting any merch sales.
>>
>>6140599
>Why are you keeping them all in the box?
Some people derive enjoyment by displaying a toy in the package.

My MSIA figures are mixed (mostly loose) because I have some Dengeki limited figures and some other limited convention figures that I like to display in the package.
>>
>>6141395
I thought CN fucked over JLU partly because it had a significant teenage girl and young adult female audience.
>>
>>6140813
This looks dope as hell, man
>>
>>6141398
Nope.
Totally jealous that the cartoon was getting better ratings than their action cartoons and the merch was one of Mattel's best sellers.
Such a great seller than the line kept on selling even after the JL cartoon was cancelled.
I forget if this was before or after CN said fuck you to all non-CN stuff and started taking a larger share of the ad revenue.

WB Animation and CN are rivals, and their bosses actually pit them against each other, mostly because the bosses for the various divisions wanted to be the next CEO and wanted to prove how their shit was so much better than the other divisions.
>>
>>6140568
Even Leia's not as bad as she looked at that show they yanked her from. I don't think they actually went back and fixed her though; this is just the usual "final product may vary 'cause Chinese are stupid" working in our favor for once.
>>
I was Marathoning Tenn Titans Go last week and in one episode everyone starts name dropping Star Wars and Spiderman. Why is this?
>>
>>6141092
>On top of that, they really didn't make Teen Titans toys widely available.
Same with the Ruby Spears Mega Man show a decade earlier. And MOTU 200X. And waves 2-9 for Star Wars Black. I swear to God, this industry self selects for the most bungling idiots in its development/distribution arms and then has the unmitigated gall to blame Emanuel iPadstein for everything.
>>
>>6141013
>>6141074
I think the problem is the sleeves, even rickhor409 seems to struggle making robes with sleeves that don't look comically oversized like a kid wearing his dad's bathrobe.

The rest of it looks okay in my opinion.
>>
>>6140568
So, theoretically, how high should I price the Snow Trooper, AT AT Driver, and R1 Scarif Trooper? I like for people to buy them or not look at them at all. Right now they're in a weird limbo where people are looking but not buying.
>>
>>6141540
I only picked up the Scarif Troopers to incentivize people to buy the other two. If need be, I can smash up the boxes and return them to Walmart.
>>
>>6140813
Looks dope.
>>
File: 1485105905554.png (1MB, 680x870px) Image search: [Google]
1485105905554.png
1MB, 680x870px
Figuarts when? They can reuse the Windu body.
>>
File: ahsoka.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
>>6140105
Hurr durr girl figures

Fuck off with your GG style shilling
>>
>>6141542
Which Scarif Trooper is the exclusive, the Sargent with the blue stripe or the one with the white stripe?
>>
>>6141540
I ONLY want the Snow trooper and driver.
Where are you selling these? If I found these in the wild I'd buy instantly.
>>
File: chrome_2017-01-22_15-58-53.png (287KB, 597x458px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-22_15-58-53.png
287KB, 597x458px
kek
>>
>>6142039
>misses the point.

>>6142058
The one without a blue stripe.

>>6142095
Pablo's sold out.
>>
>>6142058
Didn't know there even was a variant. The ones I found have a white stripe on the left arm. There's no number on the box so I guess it's the exclusive?

>>6142083
I have 3 of each on eBay. No, I'm not scalping. I bought 1 case for Leia and Obi Wan (my area is really shit for distribution) and 2 more cases to not get totally fucked on shipping for the 1st.

That or wait until NJCC in March.
>>
>>6142114
>white stripe
The stripe has black on both edges but I don't see any blue unless that "black" is a really dark blue.
>>
Any news on Mafex Kylo?
>>
File: 1385184435750.jpg (144KB, 1832x988px) Image search: [Google]
1385184435750.jpg
144KB, 1832x988px
>Get into collecting 4 years ago with 1/12th scale stuff
>Never have a problem with buying boxed stuff second hand for good prices
>Get into 1/18th scale stuff
>Hesitation/guilt over buying boxed stuff off ebay over the fact for 9-15+ years collectors have kept things lovingly boxed
>mfw buying 3.75 inch stuff in box now brings up an unknown moral dilemma despite the former owner presumably keeping them trapped to flip them for a profit
Thank goodness for loose sales, I didn't expect complex feelings from buying children's toys.
Seeing the light on a practice for faggots in any other scale is a scary experience.
>>
>>6140410
mind posting the guts cape anon? its one of my favorite figures but the shitty cape makes it hard to pose
>>
File: jedi.jpg (889KB, 1368x1346px) Image search: [Google]
jedi.jpg
889KB, 1368x1346px
>>6142244
see >>6141473 and pic related.

They're super high quality, I wish I'd bought two of each + a white one for Griffith.
>>
>>6142253
thats pretty nice man. did you make a hole for his sword?
>>
>>6142222
Still scheduled for this month. Phasma and Knightmare Batman had their release dates updated but Kylo didn't so I'm assuming it'll be out soon.
>>
>>6140419
>In the box
>In the box still with the price tag
Boi
>>
>tfw only 3.75 Black Series figures in my area is Cassian
I just want Admiral Ackbar damnit
>>
File: luke.jpg (882KB, 1141x1689px) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
882KB, 1141x1689px
>>6142288
Nah, I didn't want to modify it specifically for Guts since I'm using it for Luke and other figures too. Might a few more on payday.
>>
>>6142253
do they scale well with the 6 inch Black Series figures? might get one for my Kenobi and Anakin
>>
File: hope.jpg (1MB, 1313x1467px) Image search: [Google]
hope.jpg
1MB, 1313x1467px
>>6142297
Most of his ebay listings state they're designed for Black Series and 'other' figures, so if anything they should fit BS figures better than Figuarts.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rickhor409/m.html?_trksid=p3692

I don't have any Black Series other than Cody and Jango so I can't really say if they look good on Luke/Obi-Wan/Anakin/etc.
>>
>>6142302
>>6142295
This is the final bullet for me, I think I want to order some capes for my figures. Thing is the figures arent showing up on uk Ebay, does the guy not do international shipping?
That'd suck
>>
File: 02320170299.jpg (103KB, 720x721px) Image search: [Google]
02320170299.jpg
103KB, 720x721px
>>6142379
I noticed that too, it's really weird, none of his stuff shows up on eBay UK even if you set your search criteria to 'Worldwide'.

The best way to find his stuff his to google his name 'rickhor409' and go onto his store via the international eBay site, and sign into your account details from there, that should let you place an order.
>>
File: IMG_0087.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>6142384
It looks good on Figuarts BlackPanther
>>
File: helmet doesnt even fit.jpg (51KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
helmet doesnt even fit.jpg
51KB, 470x470px
>>6140066
Friendly heads up: Those metal figures are on sale at Disney store, 14.99

not a bad price, but they're basically McFarlane levels of posing.
>>
>>6142095
>in a lot of ways
Such as?
>>
>>6142537
goddamn that looks like shit
>>
>>6142537
>>
>>6142779
Pretty sure the joke there is making fun of how Trump's press secretary (The man pictured) was making blatant lies about the amount of people at the inauguration.
>>
>>6142797
but muh diecast
>>
>>6143029
Ah, sorry, that was way over my head.

I've been living under a rock in a hole in a cave under the sea, I don't really keep up with current stuff unless it's mentioned on /toy/.
>>
>>6142384
>>6142530
I can't find anything for model kit Darth Vader, shame.
>>
>>6143088
You could get the black cloak and modify it.
>>
UK here, Argos have reduced their TFA figures to £10.99.
I am going to pick up Finn in Stormtrooper gear.

Is Han TBS being rereleased at some point with grey hair?
Should I just bite now, regardless.

GUavian enforcer isn't worth it is he?
Should I buy a few Jangos?
>>
>>6143150
Just get Finn and the Jangos I'd say
>>
>>6143029
>Pretty sure the joke there is making fun of how Trump's press secretary (The man pictured) was making blatant lies about the amount of people at the inauguration.

That's incorrect. The press was lying. You can find video proof on youtube. You guys sure love your fake news.
>>
>>6143150
Irishfag here, shame our Argos never have the same deals.

I did get the Flametrooper from Smyths toy store for €25 though, was the last one in clearance. Not a super discount but fuck it, it's my birthday
>>
File: C23gmNXUAAEuQhC.jpg (39KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C23gmNXUAAEuQhC.jpg
39KB, 691x1024px
>>
>>6142114
>There's no number on the box

This helps, thanks
>>
File: 1469164646754.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1469164646754.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
I said this in the previous thread, didn't realize there was a new one.

why the FUCK don't they have they have the deathtrooper captain (The one with the pauldron) in a 6 inch scale for the black series?
>>
>>6143462
Luke going full Kenobi confirmed
>>
>>6143533
They do? He's in that Target 3 pack that has Mexican Han Solo and Strong Female Pegwarmer.
>>
File: TBS_rogueOne3pk-1024x618.jpg (135KB, 1024x618px) Image search: [Google]
TBS_rogueOne3pk-1024x618.jpg
135KB, 1024x618px
>>6143533
>>
File: IMG_8288.jpg (1MB, 1855x2768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8288.jpg
1MB, 1855x2768px
>>6142384

With that month long wait you're better off ordering as many as you can at once. You're gonna want more
>>
>>6143462
Good to see Disney still shitting the bed with Star Wars.
>>
>>6143541
Exact same figure with a pauldron
No difference in accessories
No removable grenades
Jyn is Jyn, no Eadu kit
>Disappointing/10
>>
>>6143541
>have to buy a triple pack to get it
Fuck sake. Death Troopers look naked without the pauldron and pouches too
>>
>>6143541
>>6143538

Oh I'm such a clutz. Thank you

I also want to buy black series tank and scarif trooper, you guys hunt them down on ebay? What are your experiences?
>>
>>6143542
Mine took just over 2 weeks to arrive.
>>
>>6143462
Pretty much confirms Luke trains Rey and then dies.

Oh well, at least now we might get a Figuarts old Luke.
>>
>>6143558
Figuarts has shown off the commander variant, and the MAFEX will come with swappable gear.

Might as well wait for them since you are paying that much for the three-pack anyway.
>>
>>6143636
I can't really believe nobody has made an old man luke figure, is there some sort of licensing issue to prevent them from doing so?
I'd figure once spoiler issues got out of the way that's the first toy they would have jumped onto making. I know I really want an old man Luke.
>>
>>6143636
We Killed off Han in the first one, lets kill off Luke in the next! Its okay we still have Leia for the last movie.
>>
>>6143660
>Its okay we still have Leia for the last movie.
Somebody tell him.
>>
>>6143658
No Snoke either.

They are probably just waiting for Episode 8. He'll sell more after a few actions scenes.
>>
>>6142302
mind telling me what you're using for the space background effect? It's magnificent
>>
File: IMG_302876.jpg (1009KB, 3039x1709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_302876.jpg
1009KB, 3039x1709px
>>6143849
You're going to laugh when I tell you anon...

It's a space background I took from Google images, which I put on full screen on my laptop, I then tipped the laptop on its side so I could slide the screen behind my Figuarts display base. Not the most graceful solution but I think it turned out pretty good!
>>
>>6143872
ingenious desu, looks excellent in photos.
>>
File: 0112017224354.jpg (390KB, 1508x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0112017224354.jpg
390KB, 1508x1300px
>>6143880
Thanks man.

I usually just shoot at my desk or use plain backgrounds like this, it was fun using an 'in-universe' backdrop for once.
>>
>>6143565

Tank trooper seems relatively easy to get in store, depending on your area. Scariff I've seen three times in store, and bought him the first time.

I've yet to see the walmart Scariff trooper though.
>>
>>6143666
>That's the joke.jpg
>>
>>6143666
>somebody tell him
Her parts were already filmed, but the script has been altered to exclude her. That doesn't mean they won't use those parts in the next sequel though.
>>
>>6143462
Way to completely fucking undermine and negate the original trilogy Disney. Terrible title.
>>
>>6144110

TFA and now this are all about negating the original trilogy. Disney wants you to forget about the Lucas movies while simultaneously reminding you about them enough that you buy into this garbage they're shitting onto a plate, just for you, the "real fan."

Every new addition they make is making the OT less and less enjoyable.
>>
I see a few of those exclusive Scarf Troopers up for retail on eBay. They mustn't be that desirable if folks are looking at $7 shipping and going NOPE.
>>
>>6144110
The cycle is repeating itself. That's basically every sequel ever.
>>
>>6144141
Yeah, every BAD sequel
>>
>>6143840
Snoke is coming.
>>
>>6144110
uhh TFA already did that. It told us Luke is the last Jedi n the opening crawl.
>>
>>6144117
You realize you do sound crazy, don't you?
>>
File: hottoys_tfa_luke.jpg (231KB, 1429x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hottoys_tfa_luke.jpg
231KB, 1429x1000px
>>6143658
>>
>>6144179
Yeah I know that exists, I don't count them because I know hot toys likes money.
>>
>>6144178

You know you're a pathetic Disney shill, don't you?
>>
>>6143262
kek
>>
File: LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg (23KB, 390x425px) Image search: [Google]
LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg
23KB, 390x425px
>>6144179

>No classic green lightsaber.
>dropped.

I'm not paying $250+ for a Luke doll that can't lightsaber duel with my other dolls.
>>
>>6144290

It comes with the lightsaber he uses in the movie
>>
Do the metal Elite droids at Disney Store have any value to them? The black R2 looked barely articulated.
>>
File: 20170123_211134-1.jpg (273KB, 1320x1202px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_211134-1.jpg
273KB, 1320x1202px
Got a custom Ben head. Excited for Ben to arrive so I can put it on on Thursday.
>>
>>6144610
Damn Ben, you got some mad skin tags.
>>
File: nosaber.jpg (60KB, 889x722px) Image search: [Google]
nosaber.jpg
60KB, 889x722px
>>6144528

From mouth of Sideshow themselves...

...No, he doesn't come with a lightsaber.
>>
File: IMG_0803.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0803.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Whoa... rare find guys? Should I pick it up?
>>
>>6144712
Absolutely! The value of him is going to go skyrocket! Buy 2, no buy 3! ;)
>>
>>6144712
I'm almost tempted to PAY someone to clear him (and the rest of the TFA wave) from my local store shelves, as a matter of community service, just so they can get some new stock in.

It's embarassing how in many places the Ahsoka wave still hasn't hit shelves, let alone the Rogue One stuff.
>>
>>6144610

Where from?
>>
The absolute glut of unsold Star Wars toys is starting to remind me of Episode 1. A great purging needs to happen before the Episode 8 stuff hits the shelf.
>>
>>6144772
I think Disney severely overestimated the popularity of their TFA characters, and the market for their Black Series figures.

Nobody's going to buy "generic dude in a jacket with a gun", regardless of their ethnicity, at a premium price point. They should have released him in his Stormtrooper armor first.
>>
>>6144915

No, they should have included the blue lightsaber with him. By the time the poster was out, it wasn't a spoiler anymore that he was going to use it in the movie.

And hey, you get a free Dindu figure when you buy the lightsaber!
>>
Reviews for the new Black Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJS4y5EsXNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZTsUgUNTk
>>
>>6144959
Ugh...this is probably the first time I've REALLY deeply cared about good likenesses, and these are not good likenesses. Is there any word on whether any other companies (aside from Hot Toys) are doing Baze & Chirrut figures?
>>
>>6144915
I purchased a Finn for $8.88 and still regretted it.
Really only purchased him to go with Rey.
>>
>>6144915
>Black Series figures.

Interest in the Black Series has totally collapsed. The stores in my area have so many unsold figures they're starting to stash them in other parts of the store.
>>
>>6144971
I applaud you for doing your part to clear him from shelves.

>>6144974
There's definitely an oversaturation of figures no one wants, also a drop in quality (of paint and details) compared to earlier waves. If I recall we didn't use to have this pegwarmer problem before, or at least it wasn't as pronounced as it is now.
>>
>>6144974
I was at a major Walmart in my area and they had 40+ of the first 2 shelf warming waves sitting in the shelf above the toy isle. It's over, Hasbro fucked up.
>not putting Revan 2+ per case and putting Jyn in more than 1 wave.
>>
>>6144974
I think it's partly because there's other players in the market now (Figuarts, Mafex, etc.) that offer better quality in the same scale, and at reasonable prices (especially if you live overseas or in areas where Hasbro distribution sucks).
>>
>>6145028
>It's over, Hasbro fucked up
Their first fuck up was when they stopped doing double-jointed elbows. Nearly killed the line for me, if it wasn't for side characters like Kanan and Ahsoka.
>>
>>6143150
Is it instore only? Can't find anything on their website.
>>
>>6143462
>>6143536
>>6143547
>>6143636
>>6143660
>>6143666
>>6144110
Everybody seems to glaze over this fact mentioned by >>6144175

Luke IS the last Jedi, because as of yet, none of the other "Jedi" have been officially trained. Rey and Finn both have force sensitivity and potential, but no formal training. The only one who has had any training is Ben, but presumably never finished his training and was turned to the dark side.
>>
>>6145031
>weeaboo belief that nihongosuperior toys actually sell enough to cause mass market toys to pegwarm across the market
the east will rise again, amirite?
>>
>>6145016
No problem, kek.

>>6145028
It's like Hasbro likes losing money.
>>
>>6145118
>Rey and Finn both
>both

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man, new Star Wars fans are just the worst.
>>
>>6145118
I think it's titled that way because VIII basically has to bring us up to speed on just how powerful Luke has become.

predicting now, Luke's gonna btfo Ren and encounter Snoke and have a non-conclusive skirmish
>>
>>6142039
Was ahsoka any good?
>>
>>6145261
She was, yes. Her head tails got in the way of her head movement, but the rest of her could pose well.
>>
> Cassian and Jyn can be found pretty much everywhere in the $10 range
> Was in Gamestop yesterday and they had Jyn on sale for $10 and there was still an entire peg full.

Logically, the smart thing to do is release more Jyn and Cassian.
>>
File: IMG_8545.png (31KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8545.png
31KB, 812x732px
>>6144704
>>
>>6144969
They look 5 times better than New Hope Leia.
>>
I always see people mention Jango in terms of BS scarcity, was he hard to get for a while? I picked him up at a convention off a comic book store stall a friend manages for only five euro, was a steal for one of the best looking figures I've ever had
>>
File: laugh.jpg (48KB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
48KB, 400x242px
>>6143150

>>6143210
I went to Argos, found a display in the store, picked up Han and then got the lady to look for Finn in Stormtrooper gear. She came back with a Flametrooper and a "pretend " stormtrooper, I explained that was who I wanted.

Finn is awful, it's just soo bad. The face looks terrible.
Is the figure I got a bootleg? It's hard to tell.
The rubbery plastic Hasbro have been using for the First Order troopers is disgusting, hate the feel of it and then have to wash my hands.
Hate how you have to force him to hold his gun with two hands same with every damned BS figure like Rey and her lightsaber.
The Helmet's the best thing about the figure.

Han is actually not bad. His face actually looks like him (in comparison to Hasbro's other "attempts"). The figure moves and posses okay and looks pretty good overall. His gun though, Mine came out bent? Hasbro also cheaped out on painting the damn thing and so it's just one black colour. Oh and the lack of grey hair.

Why not just make better figures, I'll pay the difference between cutting corners and good.
In the end Hasbro shoot themselves in the foot, granted I paid half price for both at £11 but now it's making me want to go seek out the Figuarts versions because these ones are just soo terrible.

Argos are also stocking NEW figures, they had 7 Scariff Stormtroopers in stock. The Black Series isn't mentioned in the catalog at all but is online and in store. How they expect to sell any, I don't know.
Hopefully they get Revan and Sabine in, and it's a simple order and collect.

Also on Display were two Jangos. I'm tempted to custom a little Mando army.

Someone tell me if there is a variant of Jango with a Clean body?
I believe there was one in store but didn't know for sure.
>>
>>6145457

On to TRU.
Usually rubbish still there, TBS still rotting, some effort to clear them- £14.99 now but only on some pegs, again TBS is everywhere.

I find the TBS Tie Fighter, it's bigger than I thought it was. My heart sinks, knowing my bag won't hold this monstrosity.
I explain the situation to a guy who actually seemed to care for once and was probably a SW fan.
I go over to the Tie, I can barely carry it.
We struggle around for a while and no bag will fit the Tie box in!.

I told him, it's only a ten minute walk but that I would probably take it on the train back.
His face was great, It's still making me laugh.
I decide to leave without it, I could struggle and get it home but decide it's just too big.
>>
>>6145460
I considered getting Jyn and Cassian for £14.99 each but they looked horrendous.
Seriously why do they look so ****. Cassian probably looks worse than Jyn.

Is the Scariff Stormtrooper worth getting for £23? Or should I wait for a sale/offer?
>>
>>6145460
I hope we get the Revan wave in the UK so badly. Hasbro UK fucking suck.
>>
>>6145457
>The Black Series isn't mentioned in the catalog at all but is online
Where? I can only see Jyn.
>>
>>6140681
I got it for $18 at Fry's Marketplace (Kroeger). Got the TIE Striker there for $15.
>>
>>6145469
I'm not hold my breath, Argos should provide but TRU probably won't.

>>6145478
Again, for some reason Argos hasn't made it entirely clear- I only came across it by accident, you've got to manually find them, or find something related.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6206200

That then brings up under related, the other wave mates 3po red arm and Krennic.

Maybe Argos has signed a contract to distribute? I don't think so but it would be possible, and hopefully better for most collectors.
>>
>>6142058
The ones without the big numbers on the side of the boxes are the store exclusives. I found both for the first time at the same time.
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (484KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
484KB, 1200x1600px
>>6144712
I can't find him on shelf anymore. Not even on the clearance racks. Fuck. I don't want to end up doing the Han Solo thing all over again. Shelf warmed like hell, then doubled in price after they were phased out.
>>
Does sanding down a surface slightly before super gluing make the bond better? Thinking off doing it to mafex boba's pads peg.
>>
>>6145628

I saw it and I'm more excited for the Figuarts one. partly because I already own several of the Figuarts NO Troopers and really love them but partly because MAFEX is so hit and miss that I'll only buy from them if there's no other option
>>
>>6145623

Abrasion creates pits and valleys that help adhesive make good contact, but only sand in one direction or you end up just roughing it up for no reason.

More importantly it removes any release agents or coatings the toy might have gotten which might make adhesion more difficult.
>>
>>6144528
Ha, I get it. Because he doesn't use a lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
>>
>>6145640

Exactly
>>
>>6145204
Hey, did you watch TFA? When Kylo and Snoke mention feeling an awakening, has Rey shown any force sensitivity? Nope. In fact, the only significant event he "noticed" was Finn when he decided not to shoot innocent people on Jakku. Also, Finn uses that lightsaber pretty prominently and manages to go toe-to-toe with Kylo Ren, a trained force user, and manages to injure him before getting badly wounded himself. Have we ever seen a non-force user do something like that, cannonically? (since the EU is no longer cannon)
>>
>>6145651
In the films, Grievous and Han in ESB are the only non Force sensitive characters to handle Lightsabers.
Grievous was a fairly good fighter, so.

Anyone have a Custom guide? Specifically Jango? For TBS.
>>
>>6145659
Grievous was trained in the jedi arts by Dooku. And can afford to lose limbs since he's mostly cybernetic. Also, his cybernetic limbs allow him to do crazy shit that a normal person would not be able to do.

Han used it to cut open a tauntaun, which isn't exactly fighting a sith, so.
>>
File: IMG_8550.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8550.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
>>6145651

>Rey doesn't show force sensitivity

The Force?
>>
File: 0242017183555.jpg (561KB, 1300x1943px) Image search: [Google]
0242017183555.jpg
561KB, 1300x1943px
Just got this in the post from Aliexpress.

Strangely well painted and sculpted Yoda with bright orange nails. Also he's fucking massive, I thought he'd be 1/12 scale but I mustn't have read the description properly because he's almost the same height as a Figuarts.
>>
File: 0242017184412.jpg (381KB, 1367x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0242017184412.jpg
381KB, 1367x1300px
Anyone know if this is based on a real figure or is this one of those weird 100% original bootlegs?
>>
>>6145732
This giant Yoda is weirdly hilarious. How much did it cost?
>>
>>6145732
He looks constipated.
>>
>>6145736
£7.95 with free shipping.
>>
>>6145651

You're why we get shitty star wars movies now.
>>
>>6145732

He belongs to Hasbro's old 12" line, which no one cares about anymore because Hot Toys and Sideshow.

His wave mates were R2 and a Jawa.
>>
>>6145837
Oh shit! Thanks anon.

Looks like the original figure had orange nails for some reason.
>>
>>6145628
>Why aren't we talking about this?
Because it's Finn.

And MAFEX.
>>
>>6144915
>They should have released him in his Stormtrooper armor first
That, or just given him Luke's Lightsaber. Not releasing anyone in that first wave with it was seriously a huge mistake on their part. They released the bad guy with a lightsaber, but no hero with a lightsaber to do battle with him until they rereleased Rey with the saber.

Yeah, you could take the lightsaber from Bespin Luke, but you shouldn't need to have a whole separate figure to make another worth owning.
>>
>>6145204
You're right, Star Wars so far has shown us that Force Sensitivity is incredibly rare. There definitely wasn't an entire order of Jedi at one point. It's entirely impossible that two characters in TFA were Force Sensitive.
>>
>>6145940
There was an argument in the marvel general about how they should drop the BAF part and include more accessories, and while I didn't necessarily agree, more shit would have been great here. Finn should have come with waaaay more shit than just the blaster he barely used. I'm thinking the blood streaked helmet, luke's lightsaber, and a stormtrooper blaster.

Rey came with a ton of shit, and she moved like crazy even before the movie was out. I know BB-8 was a huge part of that, but not tossing in AT LEAST the lightsaber with finn was just dumb. Black series stuff is coming with less and less, and that's not even getting to the quality concerns.
>>
>>6145659
What if...The force is something everybody uses regularly and The Jedi seek out down on their luck idiots to join their cult and exploit, making them believe that they are rare and special.
Not unlike Scientology, or ISIS, or the US Army.
>>
>>6145962

The shit thing is Black Series used to come with lots of goodies. They've been cutting more and more till it's as bare bones as their 3 inch.
>>
>>6145972
Dare I mention a certain someone's name?
Well anyway, the guy said that perhaps pilots tap into the force when they are flying using Han and Hera as an example.
>>
>>6145673
But I was specificallt talking about any moments BEFORE Snoke and Kylo have a meeting talking about feeling an awakening. Rey shows force sensitivity AFTER that conversation.
>>
File: IMG_8556.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8556.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>6146083

>Rey shows no Force sensitivity after Kylie and Snoke talk

What movie were you fucking watching?
>>
>>6146083

Because the Force hadn't awakened yet, DUH!
>>
>>6146156

God that whole scene was some of the worst things put to film...or digital film.
>>
>>6146167

>TFA shot on digital

It was shot on celluloid, AKA film.

The fact that you don't know that negates your argument even though it has nothing to do with anything because internet logic is why.
>>
>>6146175

That just shows how out of touch JJ Abrams is. He couldn't even make the movie look like Star Wars using actual film.
>>
>>6146167

I agree. Where's the back flips? Where's the lava surfing? Why are they on an actual set?

Garbage
>>
>>6146181

It feels more like Star Wars than any of the prequels.
>>
>>6146185
You mean it tickles your nostalgia, not that it's a good film or that JJ ISN'T a tremendous hack.
>>
>>6146175
This is the funniest shit to me, it's like people who shit on CG because it's not PURE film making, but can't actually pick it out in a shot. It just screams "well, so and so art school dropout on youtube said it, so it's gotta be true".
>>
>>6146193

Who's a bigger hack? The millionaire making Star Wars movies or the Anon bitching about it online?
>>
>>6146196

Are you trying to make the case that having money makes you a better person somehow?
>>
File: wrongwithyou.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
wrongwithyou.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>6146185
>It feels more like Star Wars than any of the prequels.

So TFA was your first Star Wars movie, huh?
>>
>>6146196
The hack making shitty Star Wars movies.

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>6146198

Nah, I'm just pointing out the fact that he's made a better Star Wars movie than you ever have.

Nobody's forcing you to watch it or to chime in on a thread based on said film's merchandise.
>>
>>6146199

No, Star Wars was my first Star Wars film-- as in that movie you newfags think is called Episode V: A New Hope

Is TFA a copy of it? Yes? Is it the best Star Wars movie? No. Is is better than any of the prequels? Yes. That Star Wars episode of Muppet Babies felt more like Star Wars than the prequels. Goddamn Gili is a better movie than any of the prequels. You just won't admit it because that's what introduced you to Star Wars and you're nostalgic for it.

You wanna talk about hacks? George Lucas is a fucking hack.
>>
>>6146215
>Is is better than any of the prequels? Yes

This is factually wrong.
>>
>>6146215
>George Lucas is a fucking hack

Oh look, an ungrateful Star Wars "fan." Never seen one of those before.
>>
>>6146215
millenials, am I right?
>>
>>6146202
You have some extraordinarily low standards if you think Force Awakens was a Star Wars movie. Or good.
>>
>>6146223

It is correct, and if you don't agree you're a Jar Jar lover

>>6146228

Lucas cobbled together Star Wars. It was a movie saved in editing and by great special effects and music.

Empire made Star Wars the power house that it is today. Not directed by Lucas

Jedi, also not directed by Lucas

Prequels completely auteured by Lucas from writing to shooting, to editing. They are the worst ones. George Lucas almost ruined Star Wars until Disney bought it. Before that it was barley kept alive by the EU which also has jack shit to do with Lucas.

Isn't it a little more than telling how what are generally considered to be the better films are the ones Lucas had the LEAST to do with?
>>
One store near me actually has a Black Series farmboy Luke. Is it worth getting?
>>
>>6146242

Disney is ruining Sta Wars, are you insane? Oh but I guess you love flat characters and horrible copy and paste movies as long as you get MORE DEATH STARS AND X-WINGS WWHHHOOOOAH!
>>
>>6146242
>It is correct, and if you don't agree you're a Jar Jar lover

Oh boy, what a comeback! I'm sure next you'll tell me what great characters Finn and Rey are.
>>
>>6146242
To this day, I'm still surprised the prequels didn't kill the brand forever. I lived and breathed star wars when I was a kid, and I was 13 when the phantom menace came out. I don't think I even saw rots in theaters by the time it was over. Even then I thought they were completely fucking terrible, and the only good things to come out of them were some of the games and toys. I wasn't a big fan of tfa, but it's bizarre as hell seeing people defend the prequels over it.

>>6146245
Somebody a couple threads ago did some mods to shore up the extra cloth so he didn't look so poofy, but even then he's a mess in every other area. Go figuarts if you want that outfit, or just save your money in general.
>>
>>6146250
>If you ever hint that ESB wasn't the best you lose any and all credibility.

This is why Star Wars "fans" are the absolute worst, right here.
>>
>>6146254
>it's bizarre as hell seeing people defend the prequels over it.

It makes perfect sense, truthfully. TFA was a bad movie, one that didn't even try to be a movie, let alone it's own movie. At least the Prequels had that going for them. TFA's just an embarrassing fart of a movie.
>>
>>6146254
>To this day, I'm still surprised the prequels didn't kill the brand forever
They made a shitton of money, and that's all that really matters.

And I agree, TFA was mediocre at best, but I'd take anything from it over sand, From my point of view, Nonono, you will die etc.
>>
>>6146253

Finn and Poe escaping in the TIE was a more genuine friendship than anything we're told (but never shown) between Anakin and Obi Wan.

Rey vs Kylo was a much better fight than the lava surfing fest in ep III.

>>6146254

I strongly believe that the only people who actually like the prequels were people who were introduced to Star Wars by them but its ironic how they always say "you're blinded by nostalgia" when you point out how shitty they are.
>>
>>6146267
>Finn and Poe escaping in the TIE was a more genuine friendship than anything we're told (but never shown) between Anakin and Obi Wan.

Boy, you just can't stop coming up with bullshit to smear all over this thread, can you?
>>
>>6142802
Kek
>>
>>6146267
>I strongly believe that the only people who actually like the prequels were people who were introduced to Star Wars by them

That's because you have shit taste in movies. Seeing as you'll defend TFA, which does every thing in it's power to be as bad, and worse, than the Prequels. The fact that you'd defend "that's a story for another time!" proves that you don't know Star Wars for shit.
>>
>>6146260
>At least the Prequels had that going for them
Every single time somebody tries to defend the prequels, they always bust "out well at least they were original", and it just doesn't fly. There are a shitton of original scifi movies that are terrible too, and nobody's praising them decades after the fact. Execution counts, intent doesn't.

>>6146267
Considering how old they are and the average age on this board, I think you're dead on. We're literally living in an age where people grew up loving three of the worst movies ever.
>>
I know I'm beating the jelly of what was once a dead horse here, but Rey's hypercompetence is what really hurt TFA more than anything else. No one else in the whole movie had a purpose, since she could do everything they could, except better. It really killed the tension and my suspension of disbelief when she flew the Falcon perfectly and knew how to fix it more than Han. That was absolute horseshit. And when there's no tension in an actiony space film, the movie pretty much loses all it's steam.

Look at New Hope. Luke is a good pilot, but that's it. He's a whiny asshole who constantly needed help, and even his big moment of destroying the Death Star wouldn't have happened without his wingmen and Han. He wasn't perfect, but that made him more likable, despite his complaining. He felt more like a real person, not a fanfiction character.
>>
>>6146277
>Execution counts, intent doesn't.

Which is why TFA is a terrible movie in every respect.
>>
>>6146267
Two people randomly meeting and being forced to cooperafe under unusual circumstances sure is great friendship
>>
>>6145577
You're in luck! He's still $9.50 on Amazon.

Unless you are one of the /toy/ faithful that don't have access to a credit card

www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Black-Inch-Jakku/dp/B00SD8I0SK
>>
>>6146277
And now we're living in an age where people are growing up loving the worst Star Wars Disney movies and the spin-offs ever.
>>
File: IMG_8557.png (708KB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8557.png
708KB, 1024x435px
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE [insert opposing view] ARE AWFUL

Shut up, all of you. Here are the facts:

TFA was enjoyable enough for a soft reboot, ie copying as much of the original without being **completley** devoid of new things. Because it's a soft reboot Disney's true test will be The Last Jedi.

TFA doesn't feel like a Star Wars film. It **LOOKS** like a Star Wars film, yes, more than any of the prequels do, but **feels** like what is is--- a Disney version of Star Wars

The prequels are ass. Only newfags think they're in any way, shape, or form good.

The Empire Strikes Back was and continues to be the best Star Wars movie of all time

Disney owns Star Wars now. Get over it.

You're all autistic for having this circlejerk over and over and over again.

STFU and get back to toys.
>>
>>6146303
>The prequels are ass. Only newfags think they're in any way, shape, or form good.
Incorrect.
>>
>>6146306

newfag detected
>>
>>6146296
And $9.99 at BBTS. People who don't have $10 really shouldn't be collecting.
>>
>>6146310
Butthurt JJ Abrams detected.
>>
>>6146284
>when she flew the Falcon perfectly and knew how to fix it more than Han.
One of interesting things about star wars is how people kind of mis-remember stuff after seeing it so many times. Everyone has this image of Han as a smooth badass, when he's pretty much winging it and barely surviving all the time. He's a shitty smuggler from the first time we see him to the point where his employer is sending people to kill him, and it's almost a running joke that chewie is the only thing keeping the falcon in the air. He's great at bullshitting his way through life and I love him for it, but he was always depicted as just above competent. Rey being a shut-in who literally has nothing to do with her spare time but fix up an old ship isn't particularly egregious.
>>
>>6146316
I see it a lot, not so much on here, but people who have to hide a $20 figure in a store until next payday. Really sad.
>>
File: IMG_8250.jpg (142KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8250.jpg
142KB, 683x1024px
>>6146303

>STFU and get back to toys.

People have their opinion on Figuarts, MAFEX, Bandai models, and Black Series but what other companies would people like to see make Star Wars toys? NECA?
>>
>>6146323

Funny you say that...there's been rumors and a supposed leak of an 18" Vader...
>>
>>6146326

sauce?
>>
I'm confused. When it comes to pegwarming, is it just because Hasbro or whatever makes just as many figures of minor characters as it does major ones? Because what is the point of that? Surely you know they won't sell as well.
>>
>>6146323
I've got a lot of love for NECA, but they're the last company I'd want to solve my problems with what we have now. Really, the one thing I want that we aren't really getting is sizable ships. The hot wheels and titanium series stuff we're gettting is nice, but they're too small and honestly I'm not really sure who else does that sort of thing.

>>6146333
One of two things happens. A: a character isn't as popular as they thought, or B: they've got someone they knew was gonna be a weak seller in the first place, but you can't really do less than one per case. And once a store's been through a dozen cases, B starts adding up. Case breakdowns are basically the reason for shelfwarming and they're not really going away.
>>
>>6146323
Mezco Darth Vader could be cool, as long as it's a combination of plastic and cloth. Seems like they're getting a lot of licenses lately so I'm hoping it'll happen.
>>
>>6146330

It might still be in the last NECA gen, but someone posted the leaked photo there. Randy's denying it, but it was probably meant to be a Toy Fair reveal.
>>
>>6146337
>Case breakdowns are basically the reason for shelfwarming and they're not really going away
Ah, that makes sense.

It gets pretty ridiculous. My local Wal Mart has at least 70 figures of the Dark Knight Returns Mutant Leader that has literally not gone down in over a month. For some reason though, it's never even on clearance.
>>
>>6146156
What is reading comprehension and why do you not have any.

1. Finn starts to have feelings of doubt that immediately cause Kylo to take notice of him. He literally stares right at him.

2. Kylo and Snoke talk about feeling an awakening in the force.

3. Ren starts to show signs if force sensitivity.

4. Kylo becomes aware of Rey's force power AFTER the original "awakening" they felt prior in the movie and is legitimately upset, because it was unexpected and threw him off, which seems to imply that it was not the "awakening" that they were initially talking about earlier in the movie.
>>
>>6146323

Anyone but Figma.

I love Figma and all but they're awful at anything approaching realistic.
>>
>>6146356
Star Wars figmas could be good, but only if Freeing made them instead of Max Factory.

But there are enough Star Wars options out right now that I'd rather Freeing work on something else that might otherwise not get toys.
>>
Has anyone ever notice that The First Order collects it's members from a young age and trains them to be troopers? That sounds like the M.O. of another order that collected force sensitives for training. The Jedi Order.
>>
>>6146359
The Jedi gave the kids the option to join them. The First Order is either stated to or implied to take them by force.
>>
>>6146363

>taken by force at a young age

That's how I wound up in The First Order
>>
File: rN2Z7NT.jpg (869KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
rN2Z7NT.jpg
869KB, 4160x3120px
THE FORCE HAS OPENED MY EYES.
>>
>>6146532
Holy shit.
>>
>>6146532
why?!?!
>>
>>6146284
>she flew the Falcon perfectly
now THAT was pod racing!
>>
>>6146532
did
why would someone try and make rebels ahsoka into young ahsoka
that's horrible looking
>>
>>6145651
Finn was trained from birth to be a soldier, I am certain he knows some sword technique.
ALSO he gets his ass wrecked immediately, that fight lasts less than 15 seconds.
>>
>>6146769

But what's that have to do with Hot Toys, Figuarts, MAFEX, or Black Serious?

Nothing?

Then shut the fuck up and take that shit to /tv/
>>
>>6146356
You guys are gonna shit all over me for saying this but I would totally buy an anime-fied line of Star Wars figmas, just for the uniqueness
>>
File: 14390856071_911675c2ab_b.jpg (264KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
14390856071_911675c2ab_b.jpg
264KB, 1024x722px
>>6146823
I'm with you anon. If they made something like this I would totally buy it.
>>
>>6146776
I agree with you but
>discussing a black actor on /tv/
lol right
>>
>>6146830
>>6146823
This is why you guys are faggots.
>>
>>6146823
same
>>
>>6146830
I know it's anime style but Mara Jade's head looks wayyy too young on that body.
>>
File: 015.jpg (243KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
243KB, 1200x900px
Chirrut and Baze are in-stock on HTS:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-c1365ax00

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-c1366ax00
>>
>>6146921
thanks monitor-anon
>>
File: ducktroopers.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ducktroopers.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
>people arguing over which films were worse
>not arguing why TFA is irredeemable
No matter how bad you think the prequels are, at least they had great designs. TFA had shit.
>>
Argh, missed my chance to get Revan at retail by minutes! Staying strong though... no way I'm paying those scalping scum 1 cent extra for him.
>>
>>6146945

Completely agreed. There's nothing memorable about TFA, it's design stagnation because "muh nostalgia."
>>
>>6146769

And yet Finn was an idiot janitor who they took into battle and plot holes abound about how he was a guud soldja up until that very point where he stands around like an idiot during jokey death scenes.
>>
Was there anything original in TFA?
>>
File: 1484110456775.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484110456775.png
50KB, 300x300px
>>6146921

Them's some great looking clankers
>>
>>6146532
Where can I get a stand like that for Jango?
>>
>>6147040

The X-wi-, oh wait no....the TIE-, no, no....the peg leg pirate! No that's just concept Jabba...the Starkiller Ba-, no nevermind...Rey was...no, she's just Luke but poorly written...Poe! He...he was just Han and Wedge but poorly written...Threepio! Oh wait, no, no....Maz!...Oh orange Yoda...
>>
>>6147066
Wait I got it, Finn! He...he was just Jar Jar and as much of a stereotype...oh.

>Droid please!
>Who cap'n now Phazma!!!!!!!???
>>
>>6146321
It's sad all around. People being that poor and stores ordering so little that hiding is necessary.
>>
>>6147040
Whiny brat kylo ren having a tantrum

kylo's saber

3po having a "sense" of "humor"
>>
>>6146945
>>6146992
>contrarians
>>
>>6147716
>Realists.
>>
File: amw.jpg (14KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
amw.jpg
14KB, 556x561px
>>6146532
oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>
>>6147716

Sorry Disney Shill, we don't all agree TFA was a godsend thanks to the false messiah JJ Abrams.
>>
>>6147063
It's a bandai act 5, though act 4's are better for non gunpla.
You can get a set of 4 off amazon for like 15$.
>>
>>6146532
>repainted Boba Fett brown
Looks like shit imo
>>
Why do you faggots come to a Star Wars /toy/ thread and bitch about the franchise you obviously can't get enough of?

Take the Special Olympics over to /tv/ where it won't be as off topic.
>>
>>6147773
I'm UK? Where can I?

>>6147781
Who says we don't.
I browse their two but it descends to the same sort of rubbish there as well.
>>
>>6147781

I've had plenty of TFA pegwarmers. Finn was a mistake.
>>
>>6147860
dats racist
>>
File: who and why should i care?.jpg (113KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
who and why should i care?.jpg
113KB, 1334x750px
>>6147781
>talking about Star Wars isn't allowed in Star Wars threads
Okay, talking too much about the movies too much is bad, but it's unavoidable, since everything is linked together.
Why buy a toy if you don't like the character/design/impactfulnessofstory?

And this is why TFA is shit, because the characters, designs, and impact are mediocre to shit.
Even tryhard tacticool designs like this never get mentioned.
>>
File: 1452366769635.png (149KB, 279x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452366769635.png
149KB, 279x288px
>>6147781
Seriously, I only come to /toy/ now to get news on release dates and see pictures.

I wouldn't have grabbed Revan if someone hadn't posted the link here when he was up at retail price.

Everything is pure bullshit. This is the worst place to actually discuss Star Wars and toys, and yet people will still say "b-but this is still da best toy board ever...." It's not. It's fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1485281515626.jpg (136KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485281515626.jpg
136KB, 736x960px
Black Series when?
>>
>>6148134
This isn't a Star Wars thread, it's a Star Wars toy thread.
>>
File: figuarts kenobi.jpg (389KB, 1011x1158px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts kenobi.jpg
389KB, 1011x1158px
>>6148309
Figuarts superior.
>>
File: HPIM6559.jpg (292KB, 1632x584px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM6559.jpg
292KB, 1632x584px
Black Series when?
>>
>>6148134
Somehow I never bought a second one. Kept waiting for it to hit clearance for a squad
>>
>>6147006
>I didn't see TFA.
>>
>>6147040
>Starkiller Base(We've never had a constructed planet)
>Ren's powers
>in-atmosphere Xwing vs Tie Fighter/Groundforces battle
>Rey is the first young protag that doesn't start as a whiny bitch
>Defected Stormtrooper

Sometimes I'm not sure why other people even like the original SW
you people know that they're samurai and western ripoffs right?
>>
File: 1481191627597.jpg (459KB, 1401x895px) Image search: [Google]
1481191627597.jpg
459KB, 1401x895px
who allowed this to happen

I will never see revan or sabine thanks to these fucking guys
>>
>>6148134
Why did they insist on making the scarred guy? It would have been easier to customise than it is to fix, or it could have been a decent variant.
>>
>>6148455
To be fair, the tank pilot is a really good figure.
>>
Why is the non exclusive Scarif Stormtrooper going for more than the exclusive?
>>
>>6148455
Tank Drivers are a separate sku, they're not stopping anything from the main line from showing up.
>>
>>6148342
Rumours. I hear things. Soon, maybe a year out.

Next spring.
>>
>>6148455
How headswappable is the hover tank pilot?
>>
>>6148924
I had to heat mine, then shave off some of the plastic around the edge of the socket to get it to pop off easily. The sockets in most of the figures since the first TFA wave have enveloped almost the entire neck ball, making it more difficult to pop the heads off.
>>
File: 1279111845716.jpg (54KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1279111845716.jpg
54KB, 386x386px
>>6148455
>this is happening
>meanwhile they're not even for sale in my country

Fuck exclusives yo
>>
>>6148455
It obviously has something to do with TRU because Wal-Mart doesn't even have half of the same number of shore troopers. I've only seen one at mine and it was the one I picked up.
>>
Weatherd my BS Scarif Trooper looks great
>>
>>6146284
>Look at New Hope. Luke is a good pilot, but that's it.

The fuck?

Luke goes from being able to fly a Skyhopper and his landspeeder to being able to pilot a X-wing.

That is like piloting a Cessna and then being able to fly a F-22 with no problem.

How is that any different from Rey knowing how to pilot a Skyhopper and then knowing how to pilot a 30+ year old M Falcon?
>>
>>6149112
exactly. Also, he only manages to blow the death star up because of Obi-Wan's ghost telling him all he has do is belieeeeeeeve maaaaan.

I mean c'mon, SW has always been ridiculous and Luke was as much of a mary sue. can't believe we're even still discussing this petty shit. isn't this /toy/, not /co/ or /tv/? why's this shit even being brought up?
>>
>>6149108
What d'you use to weather figures?
>>
How much does blue box BS Darth Vader go for?
>>
>>6149133
Thin light coat of Tamiya light brown 90 % thinner 10 % then AK Interactive OIF pin washing technique
>>
>>6148527
The Squad Leader looks cooler than the default Scarif Trooper so everyone wants that one
>>
>>6149178
with Bandai Version you get all 3 customizable
>>
>>6149140
$20
>>
File: 20170126_131809-1.jpg (800KB, 1677x2981px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_131809-1.jpg
800KB, 1677x2981px
Just a really quick pic before I head out of the BS Ben with that custom head and a robe from the eBay dude.

Looks pretty damn rad, but I need to trim parts of the robe, I think. It bunches pretty bad in sections, right now.
>>
File: 20170126_132122-1.jpg (854KB, 1741x2872px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_132122-1.jpg
854KB, 1741x2872px
And another.
>>
>>6149401
>>6149407
Looks pretty fucking good for a 6" toy. Did you paint that head?
>>
File: 14854595422281732404557.jpg (677KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14854595422281732404557.jpg
677KB, 2048x1152px
Ummm...has anyone found one of these? I cant find shit about it online. It was at walmart for $50 but i can only find them online in a set. It came with a 3.5 inch driver. 6" figure for scale.
>>
File: 4156164181.jpg (11KB, 614x526px) Image search: [Google]
4156164181.jpg
11KB, 614x526px
>Mafex Kylo Ren scheduled for January release
>comes out on the last day of the month
>>
>>6148312
They asked about him in the last survey so hopefully we'll see him soon
>>
How hard would it be to get a prototype armour Boba Fett and paint it for a custom Mandalorian? Does the white prove to be problematic to paint over?
>>
>>6148455
Meanwhile, my wal-mart is drowning in wave 1 rogue one because they sent us a fucking half pallet of them for force friday, and then a few more boxes later on for good measure. I have cassians,jyns, and rey's stacked to the ceiling on the risers.
>>6148527
Exclusive is 6 to a box, non-exclusive is only 1. we got 3 or 4 boxes of exclusives and only 1 or 2 rebel one wave two black series so far. That's why it's so hard to find.
>>6149438
We got a box of two for the mod reset, it's pretty much the only new star wars thing.It's cool as hell, just wish it was 6 inches scale so it could be stupid huge.
>>
>>6149119
Rey is a Mary Sue idiot
>>
>>6149860
No more of a Mary Sue than any prior Star Wars protagonist. She just happens to be a girl.
>>
WHERE CAN I GET A CHEAP MAFEX BOBA ROTJ PLS REZPOND
>>
>>6149401
It's actually a chick that makes these robes.
>>
>>6150517
how do you ship them so quickly from SE Asia?
>>
File: T100_FIA_2016_4507.jpg (87KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
T100_FIA_2016_4507.jpg
87KB, 800x477px
>>6149112
>That is like piloting a Cessna and then being able to fly a F-22 with no problem.
Actually, the Skyhopper is basically a trainer for XWings and Luke said that the controls are practically identical.

So it's more like he flew one of these around for years and then being given Hornet or an F16 to fight, but the controls being practically identical.
>>
Are there any Darth Nihilus figures and are they worth the money. The only one I've found online is a 3.5 inch one that doesn't really seem worth it.
>>
>>6151001
The 3.5" one is the only one, and its pretty poor. He is too short and his proportions were off. And now I'd imagine he goes for crazy scalper money.
>>
>>6149599
Is it even out?

I don't see any reviews anywhere. Also, did they never show this thing off at a conference? The only photos are like the same 5 promo photos that they've been showing for 8 months now. I'm betting they phoned this release in, and it will be shit.
>>
>>6149407
That headsculpt is pretty fucking detailed, but it doesn't look like Obi-Wan to me. Don't get me wrong, it looks like an awesome generic old Jedi, but the likeness just isn't there.
>>
>>6148134
Those guys could have been interesting, but they only showed up as filler material in the worst scene of the film. Did they ever even fire a shot? Or did they just get killed in the blurry background by the poor CGI monster?
>>
>>6151196
Are you kidding? It looks exactly like him you daft sod
>>
>>6151196
not the guy who made it, but that is a fantastic likeness. leagues better than the vast majority of the black series sculpts.
>>
>Kmart has a bunch of their exclusive bs figures for half off
There were so many exclusive Jyn and Rey it's pretty sad
>>
Where can I pick up a 6" BS Phase 1 Clone Trooper? UK preferably
>>
>>6145261
She was good friend.
>>
File: IMG_3645.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3645.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
My attempt at making sergeant kreel from the comics .
>>
>>6151196
>>6151295
uh?

Isn't that just a recast of the Hasbro head?
>>
>>6151699

Nope, it was made before the BS Ben was released.
>>
i really want to get the black series poe dameron pilot figure, but i cant fucking stand the steve buscemi facesculpt. has anybody tried to fix this somehow, or is there a compatible head to swap?
>>
File: obi-wan-kenobi-13.jpg (149KB, 725x900px) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan-kenobi-13.jpg
149KB, 725x900px
>>6151729
I'm surprised, considering how perfect Hasbro sculpts can look when properly painted.
>>
File: hCelCHl.jpg (71KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
hCelCHl.jpg
71KB, 600x800px
>>6142222
apparently it's finally out??? haven't seen a firm date from any online retailer yet but it clearly exists in the wild
>>
>>6152202
There's a guy on eBay that makes custom heads . 20 freedom bucks and you got yourself a good looking head
>>
File: IMG_3650.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3650.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>6152800
Not sure if that's good enough , but that's one on eBay
>>
File: C3OX6chUMAIJuLH.jpg (393KB, 1419x1455px) Image search: [Google]
C3OX6chUMAIJuLH.jpg
393KB, 1419x1455px
>>6152437
Found a picture of it unboxed on Medicom's Twitter. I'd imagine it comes out Tuesday
>>
>>6152899
What C-3P0 is that?
>>
File: guavian.jpg (26KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
guavian.jpg
26KB, 620x347px
where exactly are you guys getting these quality capes/cloaks in black series scale from? i know you said ebay, but is there is specific seller or keywords to search for? considering getting one for a guavian enforcer to look more like this concept art
>>
>>6153039
looks like the model kit
>>
>>6152800
>>6152815
oh that'd be perfect, thanks anon. i dont have the dosh to shell out 20 for a head at the moment but im making a note of that for the future.
>>
>>6153039
It's the Mafex TFA version that comes with BB8. I don't think it's out yet.
>>
>>6152386
That's not a Hasbro head. That's the Glassman custom sculpt.
>>
>>6152899
That doesn't really look any better than the Black series...
>>
>>6153231
No, it's a recast that was upsized from Hasbro's head.
So it's actually less detailed than Hasbro's because it's a recast

http://www.ironcowprod.com/?s=obi+wan
>>
File: IMG_7715.jpg (558KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7715.jpg
558KB, 1200x900px
Finn's really popular, ain't he?
>>
>>6153988

That's neat. I got my Ben head from Glassman, though, and can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>6152899
Amiami's customer service told me it's on the 31st.

Also, somebody please make a new thread.
>>
>>6152899
Better off modding the Figuarts.
>>
>>6154376
Figuart's will still be a head or so shorter.
>>
>>6154171
>Finn trooper in the wild
Lucky
>>
File: Snapchat-347445265.jpg (380KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-347445265.jpg
380KB, 1080x1920px
Made a poncho for Mafex Boba because I had nothing to do. Doesn't sit quite right but think it turned out okay
>>
>>6140066
Autosage
>>
NEW BREAD

>>6154609
>>6154609
>>6154609
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3000x2423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3000x2423px
>>6154553
What'll it be today Mr. Fett?
>>
>>6151606
I like it man.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.