[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers 3rd Party General: Happy New Year edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 105

File: my name is ginrai and-.jpg (73KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
my name is ginrai and-.jpg
73KB, 695x960px
old thread >>6081273
>>
File: 7VFbHSKh.jpg (127KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7VFbHSKh.jpg
127KB, 682x1024px
What's your 3P toy of the year, and what do you hope to see in 2017?

As for me:
>MMC to stop shitting the bed
>Mastermade to do non SD stuff
>More non MP stuff that brings the quality

Pic related.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482901990067.jpg (114KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482901990067.jpg
114KB, 800x1200px
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>6093826
I almost like the miner/autobot megatron figure, but he seems a bit... TOO bulky.
>>
hi
>>
File: OverlordDio.jpg (283KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
OverlordDio.jpg
283KB, 1000x540px
>>6093978

3 way tie between Despotron, Carnifex, and Apollo.

It should probably go to Carnifex though.

And what do I want to see?
>those new 3P Monsterbots turning out perfect, I really don't want them to be shit as I fucking love Doublecross and Repugnus and the HUEG THICC aesthetic they have on them look great
>MMC to fix whatever the fuck is going on over there because seriously what the fuck is going on over there
>more Deluxe/Voyager sized stuff, less MP stuff
>>
>>6093978
I'd say Carnifex is my toy of the year but,
>MMC to stop shitting the bed
I couldn't agree with this more, I really wish they'd get their shit together. Kultur hasn't even come out yet and I'm already disappointed in it.
>>
>>6093978
I only bought three 3p figures this year and they were the three current TFC Poseidon limbs so I'll say either big bite or Iron shell.

What I want to see?
>A decent Liokaiser that scales well with MP Star Saber
>TFC to keep up their quality streak with their upcoming Road Caesar
>Less IDW stuff
>>
File: striker_manus.jpg (31KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
striker_manus.jpg
31KB, 640x537px
>>6093978
>3P Toy of the Year
I only bought a few figures this year, but if I were to choose one of them I'd have to go with Striker Manus. MakeToys just hit it right out of the park with this guy. Great build quality, unique and evocative stylized look, poseable as all get out, and can still transform into a believable, solid vehicular configuration.
>>
>>6094063

I wish the truck mode on that thing didn't look like such shit though. It didn't have to be any particular style of truck, but man, what they went with is ugly as fuck.

Robot mode looks great though.
>>
>>6093978
I feel like I way overspent on 3P this year

>Gravity Builder
>Carnifex
>Simba
>Battle Sentinel
>Grandius Hexatron
>Anarchus
>Commotus
>Cynicus
>Nero Rex

Technically I've got a pre-order in for Kultur too but he ain't out yet.

Out of what I've gotten this year Carnifex stands clear above the rest with Commotus coming in at a close second.

Simba is definitely the worst of the bunch with a whole bunch of design oversights and tolerance issues. But hey, hey looks great on Star Saber so at least he has some redeeming qualities.
>>
Thinking about buying warbot dai z, considering we'll most likely never get an official dai atlas anytime soon. yay or nay?
>>
>>6094075
>I feel like I way overspent on 3P this year
>$600
>$150?
>??? I dunno $85?
>$100-ish?
>$85
>$85
>$85
>$400

Two combiners in one year is kind of stretching it, unless you're buying 1 'bot/month. Or you're rich. Thats a lot of disposeable income bro.
>>
>>6094057

How is Poseidon so far? All the gestalt mode stuff has me really excited but I worry that the constituent parts will suffer like most combiner teams do.
>>
File: IMG_5558.jpg (136KB, 1500x1002px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5558.jpg
136KB, 1500x1002px
I haven't bought any 3P this year but I was considering pic related as a Christmas present to myself.

They are my favorite 'con team from Victory and I like the combine mode proportions but are the toys actually any good?
>>
>>6094129
the pretender shells are sold separately, and they cost as much as the robots themselves
>>
>>6094131

That sucks. Are they at least decent when stand alone?
>>
>>6094063
Rioter and Striker are both fucking sick. Got them both today and wooooweeee did they exceeed expectations. Bigger than I expected too.
>>
>>6094137
Yes, they are, they are just tight and pointy so your fingers may hurt. They aren't complicated or anything either. Very straightforward.
>>
>>6094137
Well if you like the aesthetic then go for it. They are solid figures, but nothing remarkable.
>>
What is the complaint with MMC?????
Lockdown sucked, ok, but what else? From what I have seen, everything else they have put out has been amazing.
>>
>>6094203

From what I've seen in these threads
>Lockdown and his remolds have shit QC and are generally sub-par all around
>all of their MP-style efforts have something wrong with them in terms of QC too
>Tarn isn't Tarn enough for some people, and hasn't been "corrected" to be Tarn enough
>remolds being a thing meaning some characters aren't accurate enough for some people
>>
>>6094214

Forgot to add

tl;dr Basically they're beginning to slip a bit. They started out kinda shit, improved massively once they started the Reformatted line, continued pretty smoothly for a while, and now suddenly are declining again on most fronts. People are worried because MMC has put out some shit that was so good it basically defined what 3P figures should be like, and now they're slipping.
>>
File: C0rIF3bUoAEcoNd.jpg (37KB, 580x443px) Image search: [Google]
C0rIF3bUoAEcoNd.jpg
37KB, 580x443px
SXS Hot Flame isn't dead after like a year of no updates.
>>
>>6094217
Their second factory and trying to get in on the MP market was a mistake. They should have just kept their focus on Reformatted.
>>
>>6094232

Hopefully they recover quick. I really like MMC, and I own by far the most 3P stuff from them. I really don't want to see them turn to shit.
>>
>>6094230
I want it, even if it doesn't transform, it looks so much better than MMC's offering.
>>
Is there a good 3P Bruticus?
>>
So maketoys despotron's arm that folds in for the flail is EXCESSIVELY tight, and the panels up higher near the screws seem to pull apart some. I've already shaved like 1/6th of the tabs inside his arm down so it doesn't latch shut so tight but it still seems excessively tight. Any suggestions? I don't want to fuck up the tabs.
>>
>>6094147
I'm so poor I'm gonna have to go for one over the other for a while... so, I think i'm gonna have to wait for striker noir and then grab a discount/recolored despotron.
>>
>>6094070
>truck mode on that thing didn't look like such shit though
Personally I like the alt mode. I mean, a semi cab is fucking boring any way you slice it, but at least strikers is more interesting than the brick on wheels that is mp10.
>>
Looking into getting an MPP10-

is the version with silver feet stripes even still available anywhere?

Can the silver stripes on the fenders be taken off if I have to get that version? Are the fenders just blue plastic?

If I had to get one I'd go with the feet stripes, even though I don't really care for the stripes at all, but if the fender silver can be taken off with alcohol then it'd be no big deal. Too bad every eBay seller uses random stock photos.
>>
I feel like the QC on my striker manus is shit. His gun is a floppy mess when you extend it, and a lot of the tabs on him just won't fit together no matter how much for I apply, notably the ones above his ankles for truck mode, and the ones that peg into his hip-skirt canister things.
>>
>>6094063
man I'm all in for this guy. I just don't need another Optimus in my collection right now. Wish they would tell me when I could order Nemesis color scheme
>>
Apollo for figure of the year. Streets ahead of the competition.

I hate SD proportions. It's great as is, but when you put the add-on kit head on, it beats the shit out of everything.

FT Stomp is a close second
>>
>>6094147
>>6094250
I mainly chose Striker over Rioter for my 3PToTY because he frankly has a wider range of articulation. However, what he lacks in mobility Rioter more than makes up for with playability, boasting a wider number of accessories and configurations.

TL;DR, each figure has their own strong point but both excel at what they do.
>>
File: 1426921955749.png (435KB, 549x588px) Image search: [Google]
1426921955749.png
435KB, 549x588px
>Love combiners
>Collect CHUG scale
>All the 3Ps have moved onto MP scale
>Official combiners are cheap garbage made of recycled diapers

I cannot tell you how fucking angry I am at the moment.
>>
File: IronFactory04.jpg (68KB, 417x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IronFactory04.jpg
68KB, 417x1024px
>>6094887
Welcome to the club anon. I personally have up on chug a while ago and have moved-on to Legends which are now starting to jump into combiner territory.
>>
>>6094896
I love Legends too, but most of my collection (including my absolute favourite toys) are CHUG scale. I couldn't justify parting with my whole CHUG collection. I just wish HasTak would stop existing and actually good companies would take the reins of the franchise.

Anyway, is Quantron worth buying? I have Maketoys Guardia and absolutely adore him, but I know Quantron was an older release.
>>
>>6094887

Aren't three of the only good combiners out there (Feral Rex, GT's Devy, and TFC's Piranacon) in CHUG-ish scale? I know all of FR's dudes are Voyager-ish in scale, like pretty much every MMC figure that isn't Overlord.
>>
>>6094907
Well...

TFC Piranacon is kinda big for CHUG but I can let it slide. I can deal with beast combiners being bigger than vehicle combiners- it makes sense somehow.

GT Devy is technically MP scale but seeing as he's the same size as the official CHUG Devastator, I think he works.

Feral Rex I actually don't like. The robot modes and combiner mode are cool but the beast modes kinda suck. He's definitely mechanically good, but the fact he's the only option for a good Predaking sucks. I'd buy Ares but the QC is atrocious on him.

I dunno. I like the size of CW/UW, I just hate the build quality and rampant cheapness.
>>
>>6094129
Per Bobo, unless you get them discounted, you are going to feel ripped off. For once I tend to agree with the assessment.
>>
>>6094903
>>6094916
Speaking of rampant cheapness it makes laugh whenever I think of Aaron Archer getting assmad about third-party companies, and fervently defending HasTak's horrible quality. I understand why he did, but it's just really grating.
>>
>>6094129
I got the Dinoni figure for free from tfsource. It's okay, not anything special. They are cool but not complex at all, pretty average, and not very big. I like it but I don't think it's worth anything more than $25 maybe $30
>>
>>6094975
When did this happen and where? I gotta see it.
>>
>>6094975
>>6094980
It was less 'assmad' and more criticizing 3P for doing less imaginative things then being slavishly loyal to Transformers designs.

So something like Reformatted or Striker Manus is cool. Something like Quakewave, or Fans Toys dinobots, less cool.

It's also probably partly Hasbro partyline, so he doesn't burn bridges if he ever goes back.

When he started a KS for his own 3P shit, which had obvious homages to TF (and Battle Beasts and MOTU), they were still a different type of toy and not transforming toys at all. Still, people gave him shit about being hypocritical for calling 3P stuff IP theft and then doing 3P stuff with obvious homages.

>http://aaron-archer-art.tumblr.com/post/88481821140/trickywire-aaron-archer-art-aeonmagnus
>>
File: 7acfc42bgw1fasml54cmyj20v80l8wmt.jpg (116KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
7acfc42bgw1fasml54cmyj20v80l8wmt.jpg
116KB, 1000x561px
>>
File: 7acfc42bgw1fasmscljp9j20xc10vqt5.jpg (954KB, 1200x1327px) Image search: [Google]
7acfc42bgw1fasmscljp9j20xc10vqt5.jpg
954KB, 1200x1327px
>>
File: 7acfc42bgw1fasmslr0s9j20vu0xxaxa.jpg (846KB, 1146x1221px) Image search: [Google]
7acfc42bgw1fasmslr0s9j20vu0xxaxa.jpg
846KB, 1146x1221px
>>
>>6094916
>GT Devy is technically MP scale
How on earth do you figure? The individual bots are pretty big but that's because they're construction vehicles. Those usually are pretty damn big. Devastator himself isn't anywhere close to being MP scaled if you compare him to any MP figure in bot mode. GT Devy is pure CHUG, both from a design standpoint and a scale standpoint.
>>
>>6095061
Yeah you're probably right. Sorry, I'm not thinking straight today. I do like the look of GB actually, regardless of scale.
>>
File: GTD (6).jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
GTD (6).jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>6095066

He's pretty gud.
>>
>>6093978
>What's your 3P toy of the year, and what do you hope to see in 2017?

As someone who started collecting 6 months ago, and currently has Nero, Apollo, Pandinus, Commotus, and Cynicus?

Out of those, I'd rate them thusly:

>Apollo
>Nero Rex
>Commotus
>Pandinus
>Cynicus

Definitely would give my toy of the year to Apollo. Fucker looks too good with the upgrade kit. I do like all the others a lot, Cynicus is fantastic and poses like a boss (I adore setting him on the shoulders of larger figures), but he's flimsy as hell and terrifies me every time I adjust him, plus his alt mode is a li'l rickety. Pandinus is impressive, and I do adore him - have taken out slivers of flesh repeatedly with him, and he's fallen on his ass twice and taken a small chip out of both side panels as a result. Nothing major, I don't really even mind when posing him (as it's something I'd never notice), just bugs me how ass-heavy he is that it demands he's always leaning forward.

Rex is Rex. Bot modes are sick, gestalt mode is solid (better than all current competition, Poseidon looks to be taking that claim though), my only issue is how inflexible his elbows are. I know there's apparently a way to change that up, but I'm not keen on cutting up my toys.
>>
>>6095066
He is really nice overall. Scavenger is honestly kinda shit in alt mode which really sucks because excavators are cool but his bot mode is still as solid as the rest of the crew. The only other thing I don't like about the set is Devy's head reveal is pretty half-assed. The cab flaps that formed around it in Hook's alt mode just kinda lay there around Devy's neck instead of having any real place to go. Only two major gripes with the set but otherwise, I really dig it.
>>
File: 1BigZoo.jpg (1MB, 1597x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1BigZoo.jpg
1MB, 1597x1021px
>>6094916
>but the beast modes kinda suck.

The FR beast modes aren't bad at all honestly. They probably could've used more leg joints for the animals yeah, but thats an issue with any beastbot that isn't actually using the botmode arms/legs as the animal legs.
>>
File: anubis4.jpg (68KB, 872x960px) Image search: [Google]
anubis4.jpg
68KB, 872x960px
I doubt anyone cares that much but MMC's Death's Head showed up at A3U's physical store for boxing day. Didn't see many takers, but has anyone head about this guy at all?

I heard Jaegertron was hot garbage but even in these threads he's just never come up.
>>
>>6095174
I've heard nothing good about Anubis BECAUSE he's just re-using the same shit mold from Jaegertron. Something about him not locking in very well at all in alt mode, and his weapons not even fitting in the designated pegs on his backpack in robot mode?
>>
File: mystery gift.jpg (190KB, 1018x304px) Image search: [Google]
mystery gift.jpg
190KB, 1018x304px
So it's nearing the end of December and TFSource's free $60+ gift deal is coming to a close.

Has anybody here gone for it and received their orders yet? What free mystery gifts did you get? Was it anything actually good or are they just throwing in old stock of crap toys nobody actually wants?

I'm still sitting on my cart with MMC Carnifex and FT Lupus wondering if it's worth pulling the trigger for the free $60+ mystery item. Both figures are things I want but wouldn't normally go for but I'm considering it now if I'll also get a free nice goodie along with it.
>>
>>6095174
>>6095190
Jaegertron was such a fucking bummer. He's a really cool design but his engineering just wound up being really crap. Plastic quality, detail, paint quality, and intricacy are all there but it feels like they cut a lot of corners with the actual transformation engineering and where bits end up in bot mode. There's a lot of awkward parts forming going on and then some pieces just hang there and get in the way of everything. Then there's just how everything tabs in together in either mode. I don't know what they were thinking when they made the locking tabs for his shoulders as tiny round nubs. Those don't lock in at all and can't hold his shoulders securely in the slightest. I've actually been able to get his alt mode to tab together pretty securely but it is still a pain to actually line everything up so it does lock in.

It's such a fucking bummer because Lockdown is one of my favorites and the design LOOKED so cool. It just wound up not actually being very cool...
>>
Do you guys think IF Nightbird is worth the $20 upcharge over Arcee or Windsaber?
>>
>>6095345
Probably not but i'm a little tempted to get her anyway.
>>
>>6095190

Theres a review or 2 on youtube of him

tl;dr It's still Jeagertron with all of the same faults. So still pretty ass overall.
>>
>>6095209

The figure was one of those Glacialord things. So it's not really worth it if you're doing it just for the mystery gift.
>>
>>6095362
That's super lame. You'd think it'd be something standalone.
>>
>>
>>6095435

>Get a good MP six shot now
>Wait two years for a six shot that's probably better

SUFFERING
>>
>>6095209
I got Glacialord Tusker (whoopty fuckin doo) and the Ryu-Saur Dinoni which all in all I really like. I just think it's fucked of them to give the shitty clearance items they have been trying to get rid of for 3 months as opposed to the better items that standalone like MADLAW and it's repaint.
>>
>>6095558

You do realize Madlaw is around Leader class size, right?
>>
>>6095438
Man, I have a one-character-one-toy rule (I own Hexatron) but I'm tempted.

That Sixshot is just sexual.
>>
>>6095580
yeah and clearanced down to $40-50 several times. Tusker is also larger voyager/small leader sized.
>>
>>6095621

Ah, didn't realize he was that large as well.
>>
>>6095580
Not quite leader. I have mine on the shelf, and he's only a head higher than Generations Doubledealer.

It's still a big toy for that price.
>>
Paypal's doing that $15 flash sale shit for Ebay. Might be worth playing Chinese roulette and score something good. It expires in the next hour though.
>>
File: DNA10004.jpg (103KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
DNA10004.jpg
103KB, 752x564px
Heads up, DNA Design just put up a video showing off Susanoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-uaFexQ7M

There's also a preorder up on BBTS.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DNA10004&mode=retail

He's coming out in april apparently.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161228-231153.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161228-231153.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
What figure is this a ko of? It's only $14 so I was considering it.
>>
>>6095734
Generation Toy Scraper.
>>
File: 1475539726723.png (47KB, 425x474px) Image search: [Google]
1475539726723.png
47KB, 425x474px
>>6095723

It's like they reshelled the ROTF toy but added a load of joints and latched together the legs with the dinkiest hook system. Also it as a waist swivel that's engineered to never bang into the fuck huge thigh skirts and a fuckin' ab crunch.

He partsforms the back tank turret but it doesn't look like it needs to come off.
>>
File: 1343405847112.jpg (34KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1343405847112.jpg
34KB, 493x387px
>>6095734

I mean I guess they fixed the thigh skirt issue by completely removing them?

>that fucking alt mode
>>
>>6095752
I've held off on getting the ROTF figure since I couldn't find him for a decent price+upgrade kits.

Provided he's not too overpriced I'm totally on board for Susanoo.
>>
>>6095734
Yeah "deformation" sounds pretty accurate.
>>
>>6095723
I hope the quality isn't total shit because I'm gonna take a chance on them.
>>
>>6095723
If the robot is better to pose as a samurai than rotf bludgeon, i may be interested... But i would prefer banzaitron or skeletor colors.
>>
>>6095758
The pre-order has him up for 125 burgers. Honestly, for what they're offering that doesn't seem to be too expensive, especially when compared to official MP releases.
>>
>>6095621
Tusker is not even close to leader size, he's a large deluxe/small voyager. Remember, he's in line with the scramble city torsos.
>>
>>6095051
I wonder if there's a way to pose the fingers radially around those palm cannons.
>>
>>6095017
The fucker is really on a witch hunt to prove that 3rd party is the devil, down to even questioning the workers conditions and plastic toxicity.
>>
>>6095723

It looks cool, but some of the parts-The tread latch that holds the treads together in tank mode, the hook thing that holds the legs together-Look like they're going to be prime candidates for easy breakage. They need to fix that shit or it'll probably lead to big problems.
>>
File: ginraicab.jpg (43KB, 606x513px) Image search: [Google]
ginraicab.jpg
43KB, 606x513px
Finally
>>
What was the Dx9 hulkie KO someone was doing? I think I want them.
>>
>>6096077
>if it's from G1 it's baaaaaad
Or maybe some of us like functionality in our toys you fucking moron.
>>
>>6096077
G1 is literally all of the fanbase, when have you seen anyone gushing over literally anything else? the furry minority was a flop, and nothing else has nearly the weight of it all.
>>
>>6096147
>shitty gimmick
The only thing shitty here is your taste m8, upgradable robots are great.
>>
>>6096067
The outline looks good, but at this point have they say anything about being able to match with the LG Ginrai, both the cab and the head/Chest add on? And what happened to the Apex trailer?
>>
>>6096462
>that greentext
Lemme direct you to your own post >>6096137
>>
File: IMG_0511.jpg (138KB, 1084x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.jpg
138KB, 1084x1280px
So is this x2's take on the ginrai cab? He's sitting on ironfactory lord scorpion.
>>
>>
>>6096077
>nobody was asking for an actually transformable truck mode for Powermaster Prime
Are you retarded or something? Pretty much EVERYBODY was asking for this.
>>
>>6096570
I also want one for Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>
>>6096568

..How tall is he?
>>
>>6096587

25 inches tall.
>>
>>6095141

TFW I want Predaking versions that feature

- Prehistoric animals
- A predator from each vertebrate class (Shark, giant salamander, crocodile, eagle, lion)
- Invertebrates (...Kind of like an Insecticon combiner, but with giant prehistoric predators)
>>
>>6096598
>Invertebrates (...Kind of like an Insecticon combiner, but with giant prehistoric predators)
>that giant shrimp thing
>dragonfly
>scorpion
>milli/centipede
>trillobite

I'd buy the fuck out of that. I'd love to see 3P tackle some oc combiners.
>>
>>6096698
funny how someone says something negative about g1 fanbase and then they all come out of lurking trying to gut you
>>
>>6096683

Problem is OC doesn't really sell too well. People want their favorites that don't get updates, usually.
>>
>>6096584
free him
>>
>>6096698
go back to /tfg/
>>
>>6096598
You know I wouldn't mind a rework of this that wasn't shit like the one that was put out.
>>
File: 81hDV9lL9OL._SX522_.jpg (54KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
81hDV9lL9OL._SX522_.jpg
54KB, 522x522px
>>6097007
The Combiner mode looked like ass, too. I was very disappointed.
>>
>>6097007
It was still probably the best of the pcc sets though. And Grimstone is one of favorite one off characters. I think if you could just had elbows to its combined mode it would be pretty good.
>>
Fucks sake he's bigger than Kronos!
>>
>>6096067
White Magnus repaint when?
>>
>>6097031
>Oh shit a Jetfire toy that is just a recolor of an old Macross Valkyrie.
Just too bad I'll never have one because of the amount of rape bucks they're going to ask for it.
>>
>>6097069
Uh..nope. No unarmored VF has ever looked that THICC
>>
>>6097086
Sorry I meant to say.
>Oh shit a Jetfire toy that *isn't* just a recolor of an old Macross Valkyrie.
>>
File: 1483054882230.jpg (280KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1483054882230.jpg
280KB, 1500x1500px
Are these two worth picking up together?
>>
File: ftomega4.jpg (117KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ftomega4.jpg
117KB, 998x1500px
colored test shot
>>
File: ftomega5.jpg (143KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ftomega5.jpg
143KB, 1500x1000px
>>
File: ftomega7.jpg (112KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ftomega7.jpg
112KB, 998x1500px
>>
>>6097105
How can something this big be so goddamn boring.
>>
>>6097108
Fuck that's a handsome son of a bitch
>>
>>6097111
muh g1
>>
>>6095723
That definitely looks sexy, but as >>6096007 pointed out there are some really scarily wimpy looking connectors that i really hope end up being die-cast or something on the final product.
>>
File: GUL_5817.jpg (275KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_5817.jpg
275KB, 662x1000px
>>6097093
Fuck yes, two of my favorite figures this year.
>>
File: Omega Genesis Herculean fight.jpg (969KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Omega Genesis Herculean fight.jpg
969KB, 1200x900px
>>6097107
>>
>>6097144
It does say it's a prototype. I'm no expert in the toy making process, but there should be enough time for them to thicken the tread bars and find better hip locks. The actual ROTF figure has rock solid hips without anything connecting them to each other, so I don't see why DNA has to rely on a single thin bar to handle all the weight.
>>
File: 603664648814911137.jpg (182KB, 816x1088px) Image search: [Google]
603664648814911137.jpg
182KB, 816x1088px
So TW are re-releasing their devy as an affordable box set complete fixes and upgrades like the new head here. Talk about a kick to the stones for those who bought the V1 release.
>>
>>6097184
I'm surprised people even bought it in the first place. It look like shit compared to the GT's which came out around the same time, also TW's combiner track record was pretty bad.
>>
>>6097093
Is the Space Pope reptilian?
>>
>>6097184

I don't even remember which one was theirs. None of them looked that great, despite there being like 20 fucking 3P Dev's.
>>
File: mt05cs-battle-sentinel-10.jpg (193KB, 1024x888px) Image search: [Google]
mt05cs-battle-sentinel-10.jpg
193KB, 1024x888px
Went ahead and ordered this today (the one with the new core figure included, not just the add-on). Looks fucking awesome. Love that trailer armor.
>>
>>6097253
Right? Visually I still like the fucking official one best, even if the engineering is... lacking.
>>
>>6097093
Do these two even transform? They look like action figures that are way too stylized to change shape.
>>
>>6097289
They do.
>>
>>6097282
I personally can't wait to see what FT version will look like...even if I'll have to enjoy them in my golden years....
>>
>>6097105

I know it's cartoon accurate but fucking hell it's just so visually bad. It's a slab of grey and red with arms and legs. I appreciate that they at least tried to give it more details but this really is where I detest the eternal pursuit of cartoon accuracy. I hope Gigapowers take will end up solid. I already did their concept wayyyy more.
>>
>>6095174
WHERE DO I FIND THIS GLORIOUS FUCKER
>>
>>6097253
Theirs was the fuckhueg one that partsformed the waist and thighs.
>>
>>6097275
I owned it twice, it's nice as a display piece but the articulation doesn't exist. At this point as well it's pretty dated, hope you didn't spend more than $50-75 on it.
>>
>>6097412
Ew, greeble shitty city. Less is more, Michael Bay.
>>
>>6096067

I'd love if this came with some extra pieces to flesh out a new base mode without the cab.
>>
>>6097431
It hasn't come out yet. This is the new one. Figure included.
>>
File: Battlesentinel_072-732x1024.jpg (148KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Battlesentinel_072-732x1024.jpg
148KB, 732x1024px
>>6097431
Again this isn't "just" the Battle Tanker add-on. It includes a new core figure called "Gento" which is based on their Nova Prime/Hypernovae cab-bot. It's a much, much nicer figure (pictured here) that is well-articulated and actually supports the weight of the armor parts.

>>6097464
Actually Battle Sentinel is out and available right now.
>>
>>6097111
That's Fans Toys whole shtick. Well made boring toys.
>>
>>
File: GP swoop.jpg (67KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
GP swoop.jpg
67KB, 540x960px
>>
File: GP Sludge.jpg (94KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
GP Sludge.jpg
94KB, 720x960px
>dem legs
>>
File: FT Roddy.jpg (55KB, 508x960px) Image search: [Google]
FT Roddy.jpg
55KB, 508x960px
>>
>>6098049
That looks NICE. Can't wait to see more of it.
>>
File: another FT render.png (466KB, 580x610px) Image search: [Google]
another FT render.png
466KB, 580x610px
>>
Yep, definitely hype for this. Looks nicer than the MP for sure.
>>
>>6098041
I'm so on the fence with this because it's fucking beautiful but I don't have any MPs and I'll be compelled to start collecting
>>
>>6098043
Oh man I had a hard enough time paying for fanstoys and these look good too.

Do I get the giga set and do 1 Dino with bot?
>>
>>6098079
If Jazz is your fav character go for it. You don't have to get the rest of crew.
>>
Has there ever been a WFC Trypticon toy?
>>
>>6098280

Planet x is coming out with one
>>
>>6098041
I like that alt mode but I think the robot mode is super boring.
>>
File: 1411702404375.gif (907KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1411702404375.gif
907KB, 245x184px
>>6098300
>but I think the robot mode is super boring
>>
>>6097275
Just be careful clipping the trailer onto his back for super robot mode.

The connectors on the trailer are quite thin and snap easily.
>>
>>
>>6098316
Good to know!
>>
>>6098308
What? If blocky, flat panels are your thing, good on you. I know some people dig that style, its just not for me.
>>
>>6098300
Having looked around a bit it seems the key to avoiding breaking that connection is to remove a screw from the trailer. This lets you spread apart the trailer a bit and makes getting the backpack on much less scary by most accounts.
>>
Leader Class CHUG Prime. I'm feeling it..
>>
>>6098679
when does this come out, who is making it, and what site can I throw my money at to get it?
>>
>>6098679
>Leader Class
Well, dammit
>>
File: JJ01 supreme leader.jpg (106KB, 1024x1542px) Image search: [Google]
JJ01 supreme leader.jpg
106KB, 1024x1542px
>>6098704
>New company's name is J Master J (localized). Their first release is JJ01 Supreme Leader. It's an OS Classics Prime (24.5 cm), with new articulation, new hands, new head, die-cast parts, and removable door pieces.
>>
>>
How do I get in contact with Dx9? I need a replacement crotch plate for godbomber
>>
>>6098797
They have an email on their Facebook page.
>>
>>6098679
>>6098772
>>6098777
>this gets announced right when /tfg/ is getting pissy about people talking about classics optimus

is meme magic real?
>>
>>6098772
Neat.jpg

Either this or Striker Magnus is probably going to be my definitive OP.
>>
File: tumblr_mco3w0Lgag1qz9e2ao1_500.gif (998KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mco3w0Lgag1qz9e2ao1_500.gif
998KB, 500x265px
>>6098777
>>6098772
>>6098679
>yfw they come out with an improved city commander set to go with an UM flavored recolor

We through the looking glass now
>>
>>6098818
>Stan Lee still lives
>Trump is President Elect
>3P Classics Optimus

>is meme magic real?
Yes.
>>
>>6098679
>>6098772
>>6098777

A bigger better version of the best Optimus mold of all time? It's a must buy.

Do all the repaints and KO the FP armor as well.
>>
>>6098809
I found it, thanks.

in case they don't reply though, I need a replacement crotch plate for the dx9 god armor, the kbb version would be fine too, so, if someone has a spare crotch plate, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>6098877
>Classics OP
>best anything
Pick one TFW
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 300x167px
>>6098772
>die cast
>>
>>6097477
No, I know the one. I owned the original, yes, but I can't imagine that it is signicifantly better. The base figure looks good, but if they didn't change the armor much then it will still suffer from a massive lack of articulation. Just my opinion and I wish you the best.

Once it comes in, maybe stop back here and let us know how it is?
>>
>>6098911
Take this shit back to /tfg/ faggot.
>>
>>6098941
>Take this shit back to TFW faggot
ftfy
>>
File: IMG_0705.jpg (594KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0705.jpg
594KB, 1536x2048px
Holy fuck, why did I wait so long to get him?? I'm fucking in love with this toy
Very excited for tengu and bridgewatcher now

Also happy New Years /toy/
>>
>>6099168
Nice, the Diaclone colors is the one I'd be interested in getting.

From everything I hear and see, Lord Scorpion should be worth getting. I got one in the mail.
>>
File: IMG_0879.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>6099177
Not scorponok is fucking huge from what I've seen, how much did it run you?
I'm hoping to get not drift next without deadlock, hopefully someone would sell me one without rape prices
>>
File: 10152016111245.jpg (312KB, 814x1024px) Image search: [Google]
10152016111245.jpg
312KB, 814x1024px
>>6099193
Lord Scorpion is fantastic.

I only have city commander there in his US colors but he is indeed great.
>>
File: ft blitzwing.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
ft blitzwing.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
>>
>>
File: shitpiece.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
shitpiece.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
>>
File: KFC blitzwing.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
KFC blitzwing.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
FT and DX9 are the winners here.
>>
>>6099357
The tank mode blows DX9's out the water though.
>>
File: TW Dec v2.jpg (603KB, 1636x2048px) Image search: [Google]
TW Dec v2.jpg
603KB, 1636x2048px
>>
>>6099374

Looks a gorillian times better with the torso filler pieces and gewun head design.

Damn shame you have to buy the V2 box set to get it though. V1 customers are screwed.
>>
File: 1347220041999.gif (2MB, 336x252px) Image search: [Google]
1347220041999.gif
2MB, 336x252px
>>6099374

I see a new head, green thighs, a purple barrel, and are those fucking torso filler parts?

lol v1 guys got fucked
>>
>>6098747
seriously.
>>
>>6098931
Will do. :D
>>
>>6099374
>>6099398
>>6099403
Do we have a side-by-side compare?
>>
>>6099374
this looks worse than UW Devastator.
>>
File: missileboob.jpg (663KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
missileboob.jpg
663KB, 800x1200px
I just realized that Strika looks 100% more Boss Nigga than their halfhearted Tarn. I think I'm just going to have her stand in as djd leader at this rate.
>>
>>6099477
Or have her as co-protector of Cybertron in a Beast Wars/Machines setting.
>>
>>6099477
Strika had a huge chest. Why is this one's so flat?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i56hVvSYNE

IF's PM Prime. Unfortunately it's all in whatever-the-fuck-speak so I don't understand it.
>>
>>6099357
I wonder if he actually comes with a football.
>>
>>6099475

Are you high. I could spray paint a turd green and it would look better than UW Devastator.
>>
>>6099512
Cause it shares a mold with Roadbuster.
>>
>>6099625
The thing UW Devastator gets right is sense of scale. Even without other figures standing next to it you can tell it's big. This just looks like a regular toy bloated up.
>>
File: GTD (2).jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
GTD (2).jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>6099633

UW head is a pea head on a giant rectangle torso. Good for appearing big. Gravity Builder employs the same visual trick.

Constructor has a more proportional head which makes the body look smaller. Better proportions but doesn't scream 'giant gestalt'. Constructor tries to be Ox which is a lanky design I'm not fond of.
>>
>>6099477
You do realize Tarn wasn't even that much of a big boss nigga, right? He really wasn't THAT bulky and powerful looking. He was just another space tank like any other.
>>
>>6099193
I gambled on a chinese seller on ebay for $51. It's posted in Beijing, which is what happened the last time I ordered an IF (notcee for a friend). I should have it by next week.
>>
>>6099512
She's been hit with the MMC these characters kind of look like each other if you squint remold option.
>>
>>6099477

..Is there 34 of her with Obsidian?
>>
>>6099475
Haha, no it doesn't. Poorfag.
>>
File: devy.jpg (631KB, 1500x1042px) Image search: [Google]
devy.jpg
631KB, 1500x1042px
>>6099473
>>
>>6100037
What a punch in dick for the idiots who bought the first version.
>>
>>6100037
I'd like to see if they fixed the shit-tastic shoulder ratchets. Could barely support the arms themselves before, now to see if they can take a bit more.
>>
>>6100037
Is it just be, or does the V2 look a heck of a lot less detailed than the V1?
>>
>>6097198
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
>>
>>6100042
Supposedly their releasing the new parts separately later on but, making people that invested in this invest even more is a dick move. TW are def the poster child for the 3P combiner cycle chart.
>>
>>6100100

I mean the lighting in the one pic makes the sculpted detail stick out more than in the other, but they are exactly the same except for the torso filler pieces, head, different color thighs and different color mixer. Doesn't even look like there's any paint app differences.
>>
File: EEx7Vc7.jpg (313KB, 1049x832px) Image search: [Google]
EEx7Vc7.jpg
313KB, 1049x832px
>>6099642
Kewl.
>>
Jeez Spreem and Jetfire are huge!
>>
>>
>>6100140
This will be where the bubble pops for g1ers or ft sales go through the roof and we never get original designs again.

But I'm still buying it.
>>
File: 20161231_122044-600x1067.jpg (159KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_122044-600x1067.jpg
159KB, 600x1067px
Got menta razor today. 90% as good as big bite and cyber jaw, I only take off 10% because he doesn't have the ab crunch that they do.
>>
File: 20161231_122957-600x1067.jpg (146KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_122957-600x1067.jpg
146KB, 600x1067px
You can fold the wings out for a pretty decent glider mode.
>>
File: 20161231_123624-600x1067.jpg (144KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_123624-600x1067.jpg
144KB, 600x1067px
The blade weapons are executed a lot better here than they were on iron shell. My only real gripe is that the head could really use some paint apps.
>>
File: 20161231_124258-600x1067.jpg (172KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_124258-600x1067.jpg
172KB, 600x1067px
Actually you can cheat his transformation and get a nice deep ab crunch.
>>
File: 20161231_124426-600x1067.jpg (145KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_124426-600x1067.jpg
145KB, 600x1067px
But the illusion falls apart in robot mode.
>>
>>6100308
That doesnt look bad. And it gives him better proportions.

Mine arrives tuesday.
>>
>>6100284
I'd buy a standalone repaint of this as Depth Charge.
>>
>>6100037
It looks great but I can't gestalt mode by having the entire fucking hip/thigh assembly be a separate piece
>>
>>6100367
can't stand how it cheats the gestalt mode*

Jesus christ that was a lot of dropped words.
>>
>>6100367
>>6100373

I think partsforming is the best solution to Gestalts who magically gain more mass via shitty 80's animation.
>>
>>6100037

>Partsform the head
>Partsform the arms
>Partsform the entire waist assembly

Why not just release MP constructocons with two modes and then release a giant perfectly proportioned action master of Devastator?
>>
Just how slow is TFSource? I didn't hear about their problems until after I preordered Sovereign, and I don't think I can cancel now.
>>
>>6100308
Man his face just looks weird. What's up with those lips?
>>
>>6100134
CDub got both their numbers
>>
The more I look at GToys' take on Devastator, the more I like it. Goddamn is $600 a major kick in the ass though, any chance there's going to be a bundle in the future? Or are there any major issues with him? I love how good both the robot and gestalt modes look on the guys, just wondering if there's some QC stuff I'm unaware of.
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9o39h0lj21hc0zk1ky.jpg (337KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9o39h0lj21hc0zk1ky.jpg
337KB, 1920x1280px
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9o7gz99j21hc0zku0x.jpg (287KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9o7gz99j21hc0zku0x.jpg
287KB, 1920x1280px
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9obf6xkj21hc0zkqv5.jpg (253KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9obf6xkj21hc0zkqv5.jpg
253KB, 1920x1280px
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9os1op5j21hc0u07wh.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9os1op5j21hc0u07wh.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9opatq8j21hc0zk7wh.jpg (112KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9opatq8j21hc0zk7wh.jpg
112KB, 1920x1280px
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9ominc5j21hc0zke81.jpg (174KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9ominc5j21hc0zke81.jpg
174KB, 1920x1280px
>>
>>6100576

There were some issues, but I don't remember what. I do know some replacement parts should be included with some of the later dudes.

As for a bundle, who knows. I wish they'd do that with combiners though. $100/figure is pretty hefty, but if you offer me a full set of 5-6 dudes for $350-ish I'd be much more willing to bite.
>>
>>6100576
There were some minor issues but, they were fixed in later runs. Just recently completed the set myself and their fantastic,
>>
>>6100274
How's the altmode? He's one of the guys out of the Poseidon team I definitely want to pick up because I love Rays.
>>
>>6100576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmMdCCUONpU&t=1s
>>
>>6100636
>>6100639
>>6100642

Eh. I would have preferred an IDW version.
>>
File: 1483135943494.jpg (105KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
1483135943494.jpg
105KB, 665x374px
>>6100852
Good news Giga is making one. Bad news you'll be an old man.
>>
>>6094070
The front just need to look more coherent instead of the cab looking like a separate chunk from the rest. Some panels that could have covered the gap, or even just different sculpting would have helped.
>>
File: quantytrony.jpg (280KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
quantytrony.jpg
280KB, 1008x756px
How bad are the FP Dino shitters that combine? I'm trying to bulk up the cons that are in the MT/FP style and these guys look like they're going to hit the bargin bin very soon and very hard. Right now all of my Rioter Despotron's forces are all shorter than him and I want something that can fill out the rear space in my display. I sold M3 and Giant a while ago. Giant is nice but I replaced him with Gravity Builder which doesn't fit the aesthetics. I ditched M3 due to not being fun in the slightest.

>>6094903

Quantron is still pretty decent and goes really well with Guardia when combined. As a team, their vehicle modes are where they really shine. Only three of the members are great robots with Blindfire as the crown jewel. Also if you are thinking about picking up the set at all be sure to pick up the $10 shadow fisher upgrade kit. The visual payoff of the new parts fixes the worst problems with the set, which are namely the paper thin side profile and the backpack assembly not turning with the waist.
>>
>>6097007
>>6097015
I have this and love it, even if the joints are flimsy as hell. A reworking would be nice. There was a lot of potential with the limbs. The back of the ankylosaurus could have formed a shoulder pauldron or shield, and the tail could have formed a mace weapon.
>>
>>6100962
Where the hell are you supposed to pick the upgrade kit up anyway? BBTS is out of stock and I don't see it on TFS or TCP
>>
Here's to another year of HasTak getting BTFO again
>>
>>6101210
This.

TR is the best toy line since Prime
>>
>>6101213
Prime was considered a disappointment in 2012, though.especially after FE
>>
>>6101223
It had a couple of gems though.

Like Vehicon and Starscream.
>>
>>6101210
>Buying hollow, unpainted shit or hollow overpriced shit
kys hastakpleb
>>
>>6101276
Stay triggered hastakcuck ;^)
>>
>>6101198

Action robo has them instock.
>>
>>6101340
>Implying 3Ps are a single entity
Dumb hastakcuck
>>
>>6101369
They're called 3Ps because that's what they are, multiple third party companies, so unlike you communist hastak retard, people actually have a free market to choose from. And guess what, some of their releases also suck, but that's the thing about free market, good products sell and bad products fail, unlike you dumb hastakcucks that will literally buy shit just because it is official.

Now go back to the shitpost hellhole that is /tfg/ before you shit this thread with your cocksucking.
>>
>>6101369
3rd party as a category not an entity you tard
>>
>>6101276

>muh contrarian transformers are better than yours because i pay $50 per figure

This is true though. Higher budget releases are going to generally be of higher quality than lower budgeted releases.

The TR Hardhead can't really compete (nor is it expected to) at it's 18 dollar retail price when compared to MT's IronWill at 150 dollar retail price.
>>
File: DSC_3548.png (1MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3548.png
1MB, 663x1000px
love how the colours pop
>>
>>6101634
You know what would make it great? If it has an autobot symbol molded in the shoulder
>>
File: DSC_3547.png (1MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3547.png
1MB, 663x1000px
>>6101634
and the articulation is spoiling me, don't think i can go back to hasbro's stuff
>>
File: DSC_3545.png (1MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3545.png
1MB, 663x1000px
>>6101637
thst would have made it perfect tier
>>6101645
>>
>>6101653
Shame its not official
>>
File: DSC_3542.png (1MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3542.png
1MB, 663x1000px
>>6101653
>>
File: DSC_3544.png (1MB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3544.png
1MB, 1000x663px
>>6101661
>>6101661
and the weapons are nuts
too bad some of the pegs are tight as shit
>>
File: DSC_3538.png (1MB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3538.png
1MB, 663x1000px
>>6101666
>>
File: DSC_3536.png (986KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3536.png
986KB, 1000x663px
>>6101675
>>
>>6101414
So you got so BTFO that you can't even tell the difference between category and entity? Dumb hastakcuck, no wonder you buy literal shit.
Also go back to /tfg/ with your stupid @
>>
>>6100907

I'm an old man now. I'll wait.
>>
>>6101676
>diaclone colors
>black cab

it's supposed to be blue
>>
File: fluu3c0tfodijyrixs3v.jpg (61KB, 800x313px) Image search: [Google]
fluu3c0tfodijyrixs3v.jpg
61KB, 800x313px
Anyone happy about the new Soundwave?
>>
>>6102043

So is Soundwave an armored SUV in the modern continuity now?
>>
>>6102043

Boy got swole
>>
>>6093978
My top five for 2016
>GT constructicons
>MT Megs
>GP Slag
>MT Striker Manus
>DX9 Blitzwing
>>
>>6102043
Wrong thread gtfo hasfag
>>
File: 4733e2bagw1fbawszzqeuj21g315o4i2.jpg (714KB, 1875x1500px) Image search: [Google]
4733e2bagw1fbawszzqeuj21g315o4i2.jpg
714KB, 1875x1500px
Is your body ready /toy/?
>>
File: a535e437gw1fbajdnwt6uj218i0wo44l.jpg (100KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
a535e437gw1fbajdnwt6uj218i0wo44l.jpg
100KB, 1024x752px
People aren't liking SXS Hotrod's alt mode but I think it's passable
>>
File: dx9 hanzo.jpg (201KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
dx9 hanzo.jpg
201KB, 2048x1536px
>>6102476
indeed
>>
>>6102478

I like it, looks stupid with the gun on top tho
>>
Toyworld's devestator is tempting. Any flaws with it? I know about the second release. That's entirely why I ask.
>>
>>6102600

>Everything partsforms out the ass. YMMV
>Long Haul can barely stand
>Scavenger is a pain in the ass to transform
>Combiner arm ratchets are way too weak
>ball jointed fingers on individual bots flop around and are shitty on some of the releases
>Mixmaster foot isn't like the art and is a little stub next to Scrapper.

I think they fixed Long Haul with extra parts but I don't know what else they'll fix aside from the proportions, colors, and new head. The price isn't bad for the V2 set either.
>>
>>6102621
>Scavenger is a pain in the ass to transform
Can you elaborate? I had Scavenger before I switched to GT and didn't see where he was that difficult.

>>6102600
Wait for reviews and to see what FT comes up with. The individual cons are a mixed bag and I hated their Gundam MG hands.
>>
File: tfchercules6.jpg (98KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tfchercules6.jpg
98KB, 640x960px
>>6102600
While on the subject of Devastators; Anyone here have experience with TFC Hercules? He's the easiest to find aside form the UW boxset and I really dig the look of the individual bots and the sort of modular style of their weapons/gun parts.
>>
>>6102726
While I love Hercules he hasn't aged well and the asking price is too high considering there are much better alternatives.
>>
>>6102735
>he hasn't aged well
Could you elaborate please?

I get that he's somewhat outdated when it comes to engineering but as someone coming from nothing but CW figures with PE add-on kits anything has to be an improvement.

Plus the light-piping on Hercules is spectacular.
>>
>>6102043
Like all aligned continuity characters, I love the design, but the toy looks awful
>>
>>6102751
>Could you elaborate please

Pretty much the engineering like you said and the style. Looks and feels like something from the energon/cybertron era. I wouldn't pay more than $45-$50 a figure.
>>
>>
I need some honest advice.

I'm typically a Hasbrofag, but I've started to dip slightly into 3P stuff. Not crazy, but with some Christmas money I've really been eyeing to get a nice 3P figure, just to treat myself. Carnifex has been really on my mind, but with the yet-unrevealed Hasbro Overlord right around the corner, I don't want to spend so much on that when truthfully I'll probably be happy with him. (I know an answer could be just get Carnifex and not Overlord, but I'm a bit of a Hasbrofag like I said).

My other options were Titanika because I think she looks good, or Ironshell because I like the Seacons, and it seems to me that he's nice and then I'll just wait for Piranacron to be completed to get the limbs.

So should I go for one of them and wait to see Overlord at ToyFair, or is Carnifex really that good that I should go for him now?
>>
>>6102781
>articulated fingers
Yup it's not official
>>
File: sg.jpg (402KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
402KB, 1000x665px
>>6102844
>or Ironshell because I like the Seacons
IronShell is the weakest of the seacons right now. Hes not bad, but for $150 or w/e he goes for, you might be disappointed.

Speaking of seacons, it turns out all of Mentarazors weapons store pretty nicely in alt mode.
>>
File: adad.jpg (420KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
adad.jpg
420KB, 1000x662px
>>6103060
Its not mentioned anywhere in the instructions, which I guess technically makes this a fan mode, but with as hyper about weapon storage as people get, im surprised its not official.
>>
>>6102476
Yes, I've prepared a spot just for him
>>
File: e8fbd599ly1fba9u9utpwj21hc0zk7wh.jpg (202KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e8fbd599ly1fba9u9utpwj21hc0zk7wh.jpg
202KB, 1920x1280px
>>
>>
>>
File: 1445709255514.jpg (83KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1445709255514.jpg
83KB, 384x313px
>>6102781
This looks like it could transform and if it does I'll be impressed.
>>
>>6103060
Thanks a lot for the warning then. Maybe I'll hold off on the seacons to finish and see if they discount together. Since I can imagine they won't disappear anytime soon.
>>
File: x6n2gx.jpg.png (878KB, 549x690px) Image search: [Google]
x6n2gx.jpg.png
878KB, 549x690px
>>6102478
It looks like what it's supposed to me.
>>
>>6099374
Will this be a set, is it add on parts, or is it a re release of the 6 but betteR?
>>
>>6103060
What's wrong with Ironshell? I've got him and I honestly don't have any significant issues with him. Transformation to torso mode is a little finicky but otherwise, I'm super happy with him. He's massive in all three of his modes, very well articulated in robot mode, about as articulated as any of the other Seacons in alt mode, and he cleans up really well without any major kibble hanging off and getting in the way of any of his modes. What did you find disappointing about him?
>>
>>6102862
Yep, and it is over 12 inches.so you know it is going to be over $100 freedum coupons
>>
>>6103396
not who you replied too but his size and lack of paint apps dont make for a great combination at his price point.
>>
>>6103611

Don't own any of the Seacons yet, but I honestly prefer things without paint.

Paint scratches, chips, can be mis-applied, etc. Plastic, generally, isn't going to do any of those from casual handling, unless you get some fucked up factory reject or you hurl your toy across the room regularly.
>>
>>6103334
>>6094230

It's kinda close, but it looks like a car that's missing the hood. Looking at the figure, I'm not seeing where the "cockpit" area of the car comes from. My guess is partsforming and just slapped on top, which would be a shame.
>>
>>6103611
I don't mind the lack of paint apps so much. He really doesn't need them that badly seeing as how he already has plenty of different colored plastics. The handful of silver on him is enough. The only bit of paint I think he is really lacking is some black on his face but I can fix that myself.

As for size, he's easily Ultra class and that's a pretty standard price point at that size.
>>
File: Allen.jpg (29KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
Allen.jpg
29KB, 752x564px
UT-Y04 - Allen

Anyone have this? How is it? Worth the $120 BBTS wants for it.
>>
>>6104210
There's three or four ones coming out this year that are far more accurate. If you're set on allen, you should probably wait. Im sure his price will drop when they come out.
>>
File: just look at the time.jpg (287KB, 2554x1175px) Image search: [Google]
just look at the time.jpg
287KB, 2554x1175px
>>6104210
Its a solid piece if you like the style. There's literally plenty to choose from so no need to rush...
>>
new thread >>6104447
>>
>>6094805
>>6095114

Has anyone had any luck repairing the LEDs on Apollo? It kills me cause this is easily top 3 for me but my LEDs have all been dying.

I sent the head back to TFsource for repair and it broke again as soon as I got it back. Also, one of the chest LEDs stopped working as well so I'm at 1/3 of the LEDs working.

Looking more closely at it I think the LEDs are burning out because they aren't putting a current limiting resistor in...

I have tried taking the fucker apart but I don't have a screwdriver that can open the head and I have no idea how to take the chest assembly apart to get the LED bits out. I get as far as removing the arms and shoulders. Any help would be appreciated.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.