[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General /tfg/ "it doesn't matter who makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 103

File: same factories.jpg (116KB, 478x535px) Image search: [Google]
same factories.jpg
116KB, 478x535px
>>
File: test .jpg (38KB, 529x770px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
38KB, 529x770px
Saw this floating around via social media, none of the third party names are attached and doesn't resemble the 3p megatrons's that are out.

So, is this another 3p via a new company, or could it be the mp autismo 2.0?

I was about to write it off but those hands are the ones takara usually use
>>
File: test .jpg (10KB, 196x338px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
10KB, 196x338px
>>5900755
More pics coming, as always take this with a pinch of salt.

Note that I have some concerns on him already, number one being my own country and its strict gun laws
>>
File: test .jpg (17KB, 545x409px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
17KB, 545x409px
>>5900763
>its a protoype

Just give it time, 3p or not this is the cleanest megatron so far, I was hyped for dx9's take but the backpack ruined it
>>
>>5900755
The weibo says it's the MP 2.0.

Comments say that TakaTomy is fucking the 3p with this.
>>
>>5900767
Unless they fix the gun's trajectory the whole toy is worthless. Looking good otherwise.
>>
>>5900768
I seen that (I still hate touching that weibo site but its handy for info pulls) but there isn't evidence yet, YET.

It does show signs of being mp megatron, the rather clean design (the skirt won't stand out so much with a nice glossy black), the mp type hands, seen a few comments saying the thighs look a bit like mp shockwave's (if megatron BECOMES a retool of him it would be a great choice considering how little mold reuse he has other than a redeco).

>>5900772
It just needs time at this point, they could fix this, a lighter barrel, stronger pins, a tighter connector port.

I wonder though if they can make it import friendly, where I am (Australia) they went berserk with seizing of mp05, even in bot mode (while some states are fine customs are universal and you have to jump through hoops to get him).
>>
>>5900752
So with how fast wave 2 is hitting stores does that give anyone some hope wave 3 toys might drop before the year is over?
I fear it's official release being post holiday because that tends to fuck with distribution in a bad way
>>
>>5900763

> no greebs
> those hands
> looks like he's scaled right

This looks legit as hell.
>>
>>5900777
Probably late December, since I didn't even expect wave 2 to hit this fast.
>>
>>5900772
>the whole toy is worthless because of one minor flaw in the mode it won't even be displayed in 99% of the time.
>>
File: test .jpg (11KB, 474x270px)
test .jpg
11KB, 474x270px
>rumored mp megatron 2.0 with stock and silencer

OH PLEASE BE THE REAL GOD DAMN THING
>>
>>5900777
Didn't the Bruticus wave (a supposed January release) start trickling out in December?
>>
>>5900798
>that scope
If nothing else, that mistransformation is proof that this isn't 3P.
>>
>>5900801
You could get it online by late November, and some stores got it in December. Wave 2 started showing up in February.
>>
>>5900755
HAH! And I was just considering dropping the dosh on MT Despotron. This looks great, the legs are fantastic, I love the bell-bottom look, which is something that most 3Ps end up dropping the ball on. I would appreciate some more substantial feeties, but this is pretty great.

>>5900775
>they both turn into guns
>HURRRR RETOOL, RETOOL, RETOOL!!!
Just by looking at these pictures, anyone with basic dimensional thinking skills can tell it's nowhere near a retool. I bet you're still waiting on that MP Sunstreaker retool from Wheeljack, eh?
>>
>>5900755
>>5900763
>>5900767
>>5900798
Very hyped if this turns out to be a new MP. Question is, as an American, would it be safe to import? My MP Shockwave came opened for some reason. Bought it from AmiAmi, so I suspect it was somehow opened in customs or some shit.
>>
>>5900808
Don't be a dick. Gun into gun is a reasonable assumption, although I do agree that it looks much more like a new mold.
>>
>>5900755
Katokitron looks great.
>>
>>5900755
I'm glad that I held off on pulling the trigger on Despotron or Mightron. Now I just have to find a way to offload my Apollyon.
>>
>>5900812
Does Laserwave come packaged in gun mode? We should all probably be safe if they pack Megatron in robot mode.
>>
>>5900755
And the best part is, this mold can be used for 2 more characters, so that's easy dosh right there.
>>
>>5900808
>HAH! And I was just considering dropping the dosh on MT Despotron
Same here, he had character him but the "real" deal is a winner

>Just by looking at these pictures, anyone with basic dimensional thinking skills can tell it's nowhere near a retool. I bet you're still waiting on that MP Sunstreaker retool from Wheeljack, eh?
I personally never said that it could be a retool of shockwave, to my eyes the things have a similar form (clearly aren't though) and via a money saving aspect being a retooling wouldn't be too far out of the ballpart, highbrow and scourge in TR is a good example depending on how its done, that said whether it is or isn't is irrelevant seeing how good it is, and my head cannon isn't accepting that it IS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

As for the notion of a mp sunstreaker from wheeljack, for one I don't give a fuck about him, 2 I was thinking of a more retarded retool from sideswipe, and three the only stupid retool ideaI'd ever want is mp jazz based from the datsun mold seeing how the g1 toys were quite similar and the mp's share that.

Yes, I'm stupid, but sunstreaker from wheeljack, that's worse than trypticon from metroplex
>>
>>5900816
Yeah, he was packed in gun mode. Don't know why they had to open the box to find out, though.
>>
>>5900812
>Very hyped if this turns out to be a new MP. Question is, as an American, would it be safe to import?

You guys have it lucky, safety orange tip will save him, for me as an Australian I may need a friggin gun license and gun locker.

>>5900816
>Does Laserwave come packaged in gun mode
He did and that may be why customs checked it seeing how its gun shaped.

If takara are smart and kind to their customers he'll be in robot, however the most space saving form and most protective of the body will be his gun mode, time shall tell, all I know is I NEED to research how I'll get him
>>
>>5900825
Wait, how would the Aus government know that your robot toy turns into a gun?

Waaait, don't you guys get Takara releases?
>>
>>5900825
I prefer buying from AmiAmi, and I doubt they'll be putting orange caps on megs. Unless that's something customs does? I wouldn't know.
>>
File: Takara Megatron.jpg (134KB, 529x770px) Image search: [Google]
Takara Megatron.jpg
134KB, 529x770px
>>5900782
No doubt in my mind that this is Takara 110%.
Enjoy a quick coloring.
>>
>>5900819
>the "real" deal

it's not even a factor that anyone but blind fanboys give a fuck about. You're not going to get an asspat for buying from them over a 3P option. No one will care that you bought "legit" because it's still novelty plastic.
>>
>>5900833
I want it.
>>
>>5900833
That's a nice sneer.

Are there any pictures of those two other faces?
>>
Does anyone else's UW lightspeed have a hole for the hand/foot that is a little tilted? It makes it so that he can't use the hand/foot that the instructions show as his in combined mode without tilting over and falling.
>>
>>5900834
It doesn't matter that nobody else cares, anon. What matters is that the buyer cares.
>>
>>5900755
>>5900833
That leg transformation looks a lot like it borrows from MP Shockwave.
>>
>>5900834
Haha, someone's buttblasted that he purchased a shitpollyon instead of being patient and waiting for the blatantly
OBVIOUS incoming Takara Megs.

3P is fine, but if you think it's no different from official stuff then you're an idiot. Resale value, initial quality, design cohesion with other released molds...the list goes on and on.
>>
>>5900830
>Wait, how would the Aus government know that your robot toy turns into a gun
They let in mp05's for a little bit but then started incinerating some, I got mine...but I bought mine many years after the fact, think someone just gave them a little lecturing.

The 3p's are getting in currently but many have gun licenses and letters of approval as a backup

>Waaait, don't you guys get Takara releases?
We get some takara releases but not all, mp star saber, mp ultra magnus, roadrage+tracks, g2 bumblebee, unite warriors superion (fuck $400aud though when its up against the g2 in tru for half that much), and supposedly from the tru system mp shockwave.
>>
>>5900831
amiami wouldn't be doing the caps, nor customs, bbts DOES do this though.

If anything customs would take it away
>>
File: autismo.png (458KB, 825x600px)
autismo.png
458KB, 825x600px
>>5900834
The reason why its the "real deal" in my eyes is because of a factor I noticed with official mp's over 3p's, 3p's either have too much detail or fuck up somewhere (dx9's backpack, appolyon's legs, maketoy's has a stylized look while all have gaps in their gun modes and obvious screw holes).

Yes, fanboys would prefer the official option just because of the name, that is their choice, I honestly prefer the aesthetically choices and while dx9's front looks better to me personally the overall package of takara's wins as there aren't any major flaws other than a "simple" look devoid of stylish design choices.

So that's my logic, take it as you will
>>
File: 1473045187695.png (40KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1473045187695.png
40KB, 251x231px
>>5900846
That's unfortunate. I really don't wanna buy from BBTS since odds are I'll be buying other shit from AmiAmi in whatever month it comes out.

So basically odds are customs would confiscate MP megs then?
>>
>>5900841
fuck off Jin, your wife is ugly and you have brown skin. FUCK Hastak.
>>
>>5900852
I'll wait for the "same quality but cheaper price" KO anyway, so what does it matter?

>but muh official release

FUCK Hastak.
>>
>>5900819
>sunstreaker from wheeljack, that's worse than trypticon from metroplex
Not really. I think a retool from Sideswipe is far more impossible. Although they did it with the classics, but those were a bit of a different beast. Sorry for getting uppity with you. It's just a fucking knee-jerk reaction in this place.

>Same here, he had character him but the "real" deal is a winner
Yeah, it's hard for me to say which I like better. I love the bellbottoms on the official, but I also love how sturdy Despotron looks. And Despotron's faces are amazing. But what it ultimately comes down to is overall enjoyment, and for me, a lot of that is quantified by things I can only judge in person.

I think what I'll do is pick up the official, then wait and see if Despotron gets cheap. If I end up liking him more, it won't be hard at all to sell the official off. Although, owning two Megatrons is hardly a problem. I could probably just give the one I like less to a friend.

>>5900755
I hope his cannon can be moved to the outside of his forearm. That would actually be a huge deal-breaker....

>>5900817
Errr, I'm retarded. What 2 other characters?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 500x278px
>>5900854
>>5900856
(You)
>>
>>5900798
Oh look. All the stuff that's going to drive the price up that I will just be leaving in the box anyway. Still nice for them to include it, I suppose.
>>
>>5900859
They can repaint it into Megatrons dead friend from G2, and retool it into Browning.
>>
>>5900853
Depends on the mode he's packaged in, if robot customs only if they know, if gun you're fucked
>>
>>5900767
They better fix that droop, man. Looks pretty perfect otherwise.
>>
>>5900856
Oh I wouldn't mind a ko of him to be honest.

If customs seize him this way I'll be less off than the real deal, I want the aesthetic not the name, sheesh.

Now give me a dx9 that's sub $40aud in leader size and I'm in
>>
File: hisashi yuki saved us.jpg (142KB, 960x912px) Image search: [Google]
hisashi yuki saved us.jpg
142KB, 960x912px
>>5900859
>Not really. I think a retool from Sideswipe is far more impossible
It would certainly be interesting, the 3p's managed to replicate his vehicle form but the transformations show a different beast.

>Although they did it with the classics
They are a different beast, basically they were gonna be head only retools until yuiki told hasbro WHY NOT SWAP THE CHEST WITH THE BACKS which gave us pic related.

>It's just a fucking knee-jerk reaction in this place.
Its cool, I expected it.

As for owning 2 megatron's I see nothing wrong with this, I'll be keeping my mp05...cosmic rust and all.
>>
>>5900868
I don't know what either of those are. Is one of them just the original, black, diaclone version of Megatron? If not, that's 3 re-uses.
>>
>>5900878
>diaclone
I meant microman. I think. Damn japs and their change-o-trons.
>>
>>5900878
Nope, Browning's a different gunformer from Masterforce (his gun's different, and his shoulderes are also different, but that can be fixed), Megatron's friend was a dude that kick started the G2 story in Japan by dying.
>>
>>5900882
I think a masterforce browing would be awesome, he'd be 1:1 scale.

Then I can literally become cancer
>>
>>5900875
>I'll be keeping my mp05...cosmic rust and all.
At this point, MP-05 is really less of a figure and more of a relic. Getting rid of one would be like selling one of those inverted jenny stamps.

>>5900882
I quickly looked up Megatron's friend. It seems he's actually based on the Magnum .44 Microman gun-robo, which would be a stretch. That kind of retooling would really just require a whole new mold, I think.

And Browning also transforms into a different gun (A Browning, hurr), although much closer to a P38, it still wouldn't be as accurate as the MP line strives for. If that kind of ballpark approximation were allowed, they would have already made a Cliffjumper out of MP Bee.

So at this point, I'd say the only re-use we can count on is Microman P-38 Gun Robo.
>>
File: choose your megatron.jpg (83KB, 881x960px) Image search: [Google]
choose your megatron.jpg
83KB, 881x960px
>>
>>5900887
>quickly looked up Megatron's friend. It seems he's actually based on the Magnum .44 Microman gun-robo, which would be a stretch. That kind of retooling would really just require a whole new mold, I think.

Look up his image on the wiki, the character model for him doesn't look like it.
>>
File: 1473172905-mp35-04.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473172905-mp35-04.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>5900752
I think it's important we don't let the awe of a possible MP Megatron eclipse just how awesome Grapple looks.

I mean, damn, he looks like a big, chunky robot made out of rubber ducks. Like he'd squeak if you poked him. The extra panel detail on the legs goes a long way.
>>
>>
>>5900899
And let's not forget this alt. mode. God damn. It's amazing how the sides of this vehicle can look somewhat bland in red, but gorgeous in yellow. I'm really a sucker for this color. He'll look great chilling with MP Bee. Black and yellow, baby.

>>5900897
Well then I suppose Microman Megatron is Megatron's friend, and we will most likely be getting him.
>>
>>5900796
>It's OK to make slipshod mistakes on a $200 toy.
>>
2016 is officially the year of miracles.
>SOC Voltron
>SOC megazord
>Neca Mirage Turtles released
>Megatron 2.0

Now all Takara has to do is announce MP Devastator.
>>
>>5900889
2.0 Megs just needs a alternate cannon. That one is just a bit puffy.
>>
>>5900900
what's photoshopped on this, specifically, I mean obviously the face, but anything else? Looks decent this way. I would buy this along with the Takara version. I have no limits on character molds as long as they're objectively good.
>>
>>5900899
>>5900905
I might have to get him, he looks amazing. And how many Autobots look that good in orange and based on real vehicles?

Also, those tires and rims look amazing.
>>
>>5900912
The hinge on the side of the abdomen was also edited out.
>>
>>5900907
keep waiting on that mp devastator since we recently got a devastator
>>
File: Despotron-04.jpg (58KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Despotron-04.jpg
58KB, 768x960px
>>5900900
>photoshopping out the maniacal laughter face
For what purpose? That face is one of the best things about the toy.
>>
>>5900916
Yeah and its fine for what it is but I want MP. Hell nothing is off the table at this point. Dream big anon!
>>
>>5900913
Yeah. I can already tell he's gonna be a blast in alt. mode.
>>
>>5900907
Well they do have interest in an mp bruticus
>>
File: Overlord rape face.png (641KB, 1148x743px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord rape face.png
641KB, 1148x743px
>>5900752
>Overlord and Sky Shadow leaders confirmed
So Black Shadow must be a pretool for Thunderwing, right? In which case the last arc of Prime Wars can't be Pretenders. What will it be?
>>
File: reduced-galery_image_6633_10815.jpg (55KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-galery_image_6633_10815.jpg
55KB, 640x438px
Question: Stock photos for Takara Springer always show him being this awesome, military green. I love it, the color combo reminds me of the old Turtle party wagon, but whenever I look up comparisons pictures from people who own both toys, the shade looks almost identical. Does anyone here own him? How accurate is this picture?
>>
>>5900961
>takara springer

Just to clarify, the takara generations springer or the newer legends springer?
>>
>>5900968
The one I posted a picture of. Legends TG-21, I think.
>>
File: test .png (47KB, 592x176px) Image search: [Google]
test .png
47KB, 592x176px
Looks like amiami is about to put up the new guys, but links are failing.

Set preorders to HOLD
>>
File: DSCN2208.jpg (791KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2208.jpg
791KB, 1600x1200px
>>5900969
Well I have some good news for you.

Arcee pictured because of my shitty lighting so she's just to help adjust with any color issues
>>
>>5900961
Must be the lighting, he looks more opaque in comparisson, I have 2 of these and they look pretty much identical to the picture.
>>
>>5900975
Legends is in the middle for reference, guessing the takara generations is the one behind it
>>
>>5900974
Oh wow. I had no idea that thing even existed. What is that, even? I guess I meant the older Generations Springer, but the takara version.

>>5900975
Oh cool. I still don't know which version I want. I somehow completely skipped over him, despite all the love he was getting.
>>
>Takara shitting the bed with the new MP megs

Pack it up boys.
>>
File: Botcon_201600021_7.jpg (156KB, 1279x847px) Image search: [Google]
Botcon_201600021_7.jpg
156KB, 1279x847px
>>5900978
>What is that, even?
Autobot heroes platinum set, pretty nice option if you don't have 2 or 3 of the molds.
>>
>>5900889

I have to admit I'm a little tickled that HasTak are the only ones to get g1 Megs right.

I loved mp-5 to bits but the scale was a real thorn in my sides. If you're not going to keep the scale necessary for roleplay then might as well not use the gun alt at all.

I hope third parties are taking notes but seeing as how they're all premadonnas I doubt it. The dinobot wars weren't bloody enough.
>>
File: DSCN2209.jpg (793KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2209.jpg
793KB, 1600x1200px
>>5900978
Its the legends spinger, or do you mean legends arcee aka /tfg/'s fav waifu bot?

>g1 accurate
>womanly proportions
>its a god damn deluxe

The generations has some black for added edge but the legends is my poison, oh and springer is cool too

Forgot pic because stupid
>>
>>5900980

The thing about being composed entirely of giant boxes is it becomes super obvious when the proportions are fucked.
>>
>>5900982
Can't be. The chest on the other one is green, and that once is yellow. So that means there are 4 color variations on Springer in that same mold.
>>
>>5900755

>Thin legs
>Bell bottoms?
>A diaper

WHY
>>
>>5900920
To make it look good.
>>
>>5900990
Anon, have you seen the backpack?

The hip panels don't help, overall I love the dx9 but those things plus the ascetically stuff on the shins don't help.

He'll be my backup if my megatron gets seized I must admit
>>
>>5900987
Not the anon you're replying to, but I actually really like the proportions of Despotron. Makes him look powerful. I said earlier in the thread that I'll probably end up getting the official and Despotron, and keep the one I like more. Megatron is no laughing matter.

>>5900990
Eh. Not a fan of those legs, Bland as fuck. Bell bottoms are hip.
>>
>>5900992

You have options.
>>
>>5900994
Oh, maketoys, not a fan of the back.

The problemI have with all 3p megatrons is they all have elements that hurt them, maketoys is stylized+that gap in the gun barrel, appollyon has those legs, dx9 has the backpack.

If all 3 merged then perhaps there would be a perfect 3p megatron, the ONE flaw each has is the gaps in gun mode
>>
>>5900993

I like his design for originality but this 2.0 just hits all the right notes for me just like with Shockwave. It straddles that line between g1 toy and model sheet so well which is what I kind of loved about the old mp-5.

This feels like an update to that update.
>>
>>5900905
How come the arms don't look as obvious here compared to Inferno?
>>
>>5900752
t. Hasbrocuck
>>
>>5900997
It's almost as if making a realistic gun that transforms into a humanoid robot with proportions that are 100% accurate to some shitty, 30-year-old cartoon is really difficult.

Every MP has compromises on some level, and geewunners are almost never pleased, but it's even worse with Megatron since he's a major character and people have been waiting for this toy to be done for almost 10 years, and the expectations are set stupidly high. Gonna have to make some concessions. All of the recently revealed Megatrons are pretty great. I've gone years without one, and suddenly I'm spoiled for choice. It's amazing how well-off Transformers fans can be, and yet they still bitch.
>>
>>5901007
The ring isn't colored, meaning one differing paint app rather than 2 white ones
>>
>>5901009
>It's almost as if making a realistic gun that transforms into a humanoid robot with proportions that are 100% accurate to some shitty, 30-year-old cartoon is really difficult

But the 3p's don't even make for an accurate walter p38, mp-05 currently has the best walter p38 mode, no exposed bits or kibble, and this new one looks to continue that (something the recent shockwave fucked up on with exposed feet)

That aside there are compromises for the robot mode, in all honesty while I love the overall clean look to the taktom, the head I'd like to swap with the dx9, I'm going by what hits most boxes and he's doing it for me.

You are right, we are an entitled bunch, I hate to see the arguments in the 3p thread about the devastator overload, unless you want one just for scale they're all butt ugly, in my opinion
>>
>>5901009

He's like the litmus test for good design since it's pretty minimal and doesn't really have much room for cheats.

I think the Shockwave bi-valve legs are a breakthrough here in the same way that fake grill was for Prime.
>>
>>5901009

Really well and truly this.

Maketoys is making a mildly stylized bot with a super clean bot, great poseability, face swapping gimmick, curvy legs, no trigger kibble, etc.

DX9 is putting out a blocktastic and very accurate slab of a megatron at the expense of back kibble.

Now Takara is making a lithe take on the character with the diaper look and flared leggings. I personally think he looks like shit BUT THAT'S IRRELEVANT because options exist.
>>
>>5901007
A number of things. >>5901011 is a big one, definitely. I think the addition of the hazard stripes near the end also makes it look more like it belongs, and the yellow color allows the panel lines to pop a little more. Additionally, the shapes of the arm just look more natural as an addition to a hydraulic lift than they do a fire truck.
>>
>>5900916
I too await a true MP Devvy
>>
File: test .jpg (67KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
67KB, 616x800px
Some clear shots of lg40 astrotrain.

I wonder why they picked out the face in silver when its supposed to be white, then again rewind was also supposed to be white and they kept the plastic grey
>>
File: 1451122997516.jpg (220KB, 436x480px)
1451122997516.jpg
220KB, 436x480px
>>5900951
Action Masters.

>All transformation engineering gone
>Line still rife with hollow limbs, no wrist swivels, non-existent paint, and bucketloads of redecos
>>
File: test .jpg (49KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
49KB, 800x602px
>>5901035
The shuttle, I like how they picked out each window panel unlike the SDCC sentinel prime in which they blobbed it in paint.

Note the train wheel panels on the top, grey on one side, all purple in the other
>>
>>5901026

I look forward to the many arguments on whether or not a proper 'masterpiece' should have integrated combiner bits or not.
>>
File: test .jpg (38KB, 800x456px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
38KB, 800x456px
>>5901037
And the controversial train, I expected them to do the diesel cab in purple and the cow catch in grey/silver, not like this but the painted windows are nifty.

And yes, the train wheels are all purple, one could argue g1 accuracy but this train mode isn't anything like it, the simple matter is it homages the g1 astrotrain in colors ans basic design, not mimic like the mp's.

We got some decent 3p astrotrains if you want a better train mode anyway, overall, I like this toy, though the shuttle is the clear winner.

If you have the hasbro version...I don't think you need this, but its your money, you could repaint the legends into sentinel prime if you really wanted to, or send it to donald trump, who cares
>>
>>5901022
Looks like shit...really?
It's G1 Megatron... and you don't want him to have the things that his character is supposed to have?

Why don't you just admit to yourself that you don't like Megatron. Be done with it.
Megatron without curved shins and bell bottoms doesn't look like himself.

You might as well say you think it's ugly that's he's mostly grey.
>>
>>5901038
I honestly think they should be able to hide at least the combiner bits if integrated, and mp's have avoided partsforming for the most part and would be a good show if they can make a mp10 combiner THAT IS ALSO STABLE when combined.
>>
File: test .jpg (46KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
46KB, 640x960px
Everyone has a different interpritation of what they're fav characters from a badly drawn 80's cartoon should look like.

Takara mp designs do the following, clean transformations, little to no parts forming, gorgeous alt modes (all so far focus on the alt modes being clean while robot mode works with it) as well as toy accuracy fused with show accuracy, some homage it with little cameos like ultra magnus's inner face, others emulate their transformations (datsun mold, seeker mold).

Those that acknowledge the options infront of us are the smart ones, there is something for everyone
>>
>>5901043

If they can hide Inferno's ladder they can probably work out the arms at least. Hollow will work so long as it forms a nice hefty silhouette. There's a lot they'd have to account for and every member will have to be an origami piece but they're big blocky construction vehicles so it can work.
>>
File: test .jpg (63KB, 615x803px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
63KB, 615x803px
>>5901050
We can be fan boys to a single company if we wish, for a time I loved everything xtransbots but soon I liked dx9's stuff...then realized I needed to cherry pick lines to get my perfect looking army.
>>
>>5900767
>Entire crotch section just sitting on the top
>>
File: test .jpg (95KB, 733x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
95KB, 733x960px
>>5901054
One good thing about takara's is it'll be made in bigger numbers, and the higher profile (along with the fact this is their second try) means they CAN'T fuck up, alot is riding on them.

For me, once in hand I plan on quitting buying transformers apart from trypticon scorponok and maybe galvatron, if only because I'll be out of room for the big guys.

I'd rather not with the generations of the big guys but there is no fucking chance we'll get an mp city former...well lets hope not, none of us here could afford it realistically and if it flops we may see some suffering in future TF lines
>>
>>5901050

Except Wheeljack, where the MP design is so marvelously perfect that everyone just shut the hell up and basked in his glory.
>>
File: 028.gif (271KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
028.gif
271KB, 500x468px
>all made in the same factories
Then why does only Japan get the ones with any paint or quality control?
>>
File: test .jpg (71KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
71KB, 960x540px
>>5901057
So, let us agree on something.

We always get what we want in the end, it may not be 100% perfect, but unless we design them ourselves they'll never be, we are in the designers hands.

>>5901059
I thought people bitched about his deco?
>>
>>5900772
It's a prototype with a note specifically saying they have something to fix on it. Why wouldn't they fix it? Dumbshit.
>>
File: oh how it pains me to do this.png (496KB, 736x404px) Image search: [Google]
oh how it pains me to do this.png
496KB, 736x404px
>>5901060
Because takara owns them
>>
>>5901062

Yeah but we can probably blame licensing for that. Even then it's rare that the deco is the only thing left to bitch about.

I mean there's his sandals but nobody in their right mind transforms them like that.
>>
>>5901066
Not to mention the clear mold differences between Hasblows and Takara
>>
>>5901068
I thought the use of the plastic white was the real issue, we got reprolabels to fix the racing markings.

I got my own preferences but I can't complain about him, even got his mold mate
>>
>>5900833

Lower legs and shoulders look like they need a bit more bulk to them.
>>
>>5900871

Don't they always pack MP's in their most compact mode?

So get ready for customs to fuck your ass and steal your Megs.
>>
>>5901069
What I suspect happens is takara sends someone to monitor production, being a smaller intended audience (since they cater for japan themselves) they need to watch what happens.

With hasbro they cater for more people so they just give the factory what they need and let them go unsupervised, I seen a PMOP in a show with his head, as in the god damn helmet, rolling around in the box, TR astrotrain's paint apps and molding is rough as guts, yet others turn out ok.

Oh, and the constant issue with the manufacturing like skylynx's ratchets and feet flaps, pyra magna and g2 onslaught's support struts (you get the first 2 right but fuck up the last 2 yet UW bruticus turns out fine...dafuq?)

This is just my theory, in short takara must watch the factories or something, while they aren't innocent from fuck ups (mp ramjet is a train wreck) they are minimized
>>
>>5901081

Og release was packed in robot mode. I always thought the problem was overstated. Hell I preordered mine from tfsource of all places back in the day and had no orange tip or anything.
>>
>>5901081
Usually yes, while the original was in robot mode there is no telling what takara may do.

If they're smart they can do their customers justice and pack him in robot mode, he'll be fine if they can make a clamshell to protect a seeker mold in robot mode
>>
>>5901082
So what you're saying is that Hasbro has no concept of Quality Control
>>
File: i cant deal.jpg (153KB, 500x379px)
i cant deal.jpg
153KB, 500x379px
>>5901089
I want to say that but I suspect more along the lines of their global demand.

Japan is a smaller country so they might be able to monitor their output, America and the rest of the world is far larger, as well as trying to keep up with demand they might not have time to study every sentinel prime pumped out.

Its not excusable when there is a terrible fault with the toy but they're still toys, my guess is either the "kid" ill mangle them to death naturally and faults are ok or the few soccer mom's refunds won't hurt their standing point, where's the japanese would be in uproar, UW bruticus and MP ramjet would of reminded them of their standings, which may of helped computron's qc.

TLDR hasbro on their qc on their higher stock numbers
>>
File: 20160313_171732.jpg (57KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_171732.jpg
57KB, 576x1024px
I don't watch video reviews much, but this popped in my youtube feed
https://youtu.be/NcjL1yMN6nw
I can't believe that he has issues figuring out the double-trigger mechanism, which is there for safety reasons (spring's quite powerful). It's like those B-Daman toys.
>>
>>5901098
the thing about reviewers is they cater to an audience just like them.

So if he doesn't like it good because him being a dumbass saves others from buying over priced imports and then demolishing them via stupidity
>>
>>5900986
>Gen Arcee
>hardcore turbo sex fiend drug abuser, would cut you soon as look at you
>LG Arcee
>spacemom direct from the 80's, eat your Wheaties now children
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 620x400px
>>5900986
>legends springer
>>
>>5901060
Takara gets away with more paint because they know the products will sell even with the budget increase. Hasbro has their hands tied because stores want set prices.

QC seems to be about the same. You're just as likely to get a shit copy of a figure with either company.
>>
>>5901075
>reprolabels to fix the racing markings
>putting reprolabels on an MP
They look like fucking trash even on retail stuff. Besides, most people wanted LESS detail on MP Wheeljack. They're wrong and retarded, but that's what they wanted.

The white plastic is a bit of an issue, but given the nature of his transformation, white paint would have chipped like crazy. I think they should have at least gone the gloss-injected route, though.
>>
>>5901108
Never understood why people liked the Takara Arcee so much. Her face looks weird as hell with lipstick and whatever other makeup Takara thought would make her look more feminine. Hasbro's Arcee, while different from the animation in terms of color, was basically perfect.
>>
>>5901125
>different from the animation
There's your answer. Nothing triggers a geewunner harder.
>>
>>5901125
Both were packed with comics, the Japanese one was better.
>>
With all this talk about Femformers, what is the sexiest Femformer toy? I ask this for purely chaste reasons.
>>
>>5901059
Your love for the toy is completely blinding you. It got just as much shit as the other MPs.
>>
File: gen arcee.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gen arcee.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
>>5901133
Toy-wise? Probably Generations Arcee with Legends Blackarachnia in second place solely because of her tig-ol'-bitties.

Comics/cartoon wise? Season 1 Beast Wars Blackarachnia easily. She was literally modeled after a stripper...and it shows.
>>
File: WP_20160908_13_20_26_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160908_13_20_26_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Post the Transformers you have within reach! Pic related. Sorry for the less than stellar picture, used my wood stove as a stand.
>>
File: 1470981422894.jpg (135KB, 736x948px)
1470981422894.jpg
135KB, 736x948px
>>5900755

Does anyone else smell a v3 of MP Optimus in this hyper-toon-accurate style before long?
>>
>>5900755
Perfect timing. Just sold my Apollyon planning to get a Mightron, but this looks loads better. Mightron's shins look like shit and Despotron's transformation seems kinda finicky. I'd rather have an official MP in most cases anyway, so this is an easy buy for me.
>>
For anyone that missed it, CW Groove's up on Hasbrotoyshop.
>>
>>5901040
I don't give a fuck what anyone says, I love the train mode on this mould.

Would you rather a Thomas the Tank Engine autismbot, or a Metal Slug robot
>>
>>5901154
Aw man that Skywarp is one of my favorite TFs
>>
File: 1Desk.jpg (935KB, 1583x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1Desk.jpg
935KB, 1583x1199px
>>5901154

I'm restructuring my storage/display shelves so I've got a lot of them just sitting here. I kind of like it though. Might keep the combiners here at least.
>>
>>5901158
>Just sold my Apollyon

Who bought that hunk of shit?
>>
>>5901161
It's pretty boss. Was a surprise gift to me for Christmas after I spent hours trying to find the perfect Transformers for my younger brothers. Back in '03 I think? Amusingly enough I was in High School and thought I was too old for Transformers back then.

>>5901169
Is that a robogirl hugging Megatron in the background?
>>
File: WeirdwolfIsAGoodDoggy.jpg (914KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WeirdwolfIsAGoodDoggy.jpg
914KB, 1600x1200px
>>5901174
>Is that a robogirl hugging Megatron in the background?

No, it's a shotorobo hugging a silver sharpie.
>>
>>5901172
A lot of people. Folks were desperate for an MP Megatron, and Takara seemed content to just ignore him.
>>
>>5901177
That's a pretty adorable Shotorobo and Weirdwolf.
>>
File: WeirdwolfLoevPets.jpg (855KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WeirdwolfLoevPets.jpg
855KB, 1600x1200px
>>5901180

Well, if you like'em, go peek at the Daibadi thread. It's Polynian Shamrock. Better grab'em quick if you like it though, the aftermarket on these things gets retarded real fast.

>original white color Shamrock's and Clover's are already 3x the original price
>>
>>5901156
Meh. I honestly wish MPs would fuck cartoon accuracy. They have to make so many compromises for the sake of it. And sometimes, stuff just looked like shit in the cartoon. I really liked MP-10 for being slightly stylized. I mean, should we really be seeking accuracy to a cartoon that 90% of the time wasn't even accurate to itself?
>>
>>5901183
>And sometimes, stuff just looked like shit in the cartoon

UW Bruticus knows this pain. That fucking color scheme, just, why?
>>
>>5901182
I appreciate and thank you for the heads up, but I am trying to limit myself to only collecting two different /toy/ related lines/hobbies/whatever at a time. Although I am tempted to grab one of the cuter Daibadi figured now.
>>
File: ChromedomeAndRewindBreaker9.jpg (910KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ChromedomeAndRewindBreaker9.jpg
910KB, 1600x1200px
>>5901195

I tend to buy whatever I think looks good, based on the very finite limit of money, because I'm a poorfag. Usually have to plan my purchases months in advance. I want to pick up a Clover at some point, but trying to nab a Tak Blurr/Scourge comes first.

Eating a lot of rice and ramen helps too.
>>
>>5900975
Never seen that purple repaint before. Who is that?
>>
>>5901205
botcon battletrap
>>
>>5901183

I think the process is actually pretty brilliant.

When they give the toys over to an animation house it hones in the characterization and cleans up the design which makes for a better toy when they revisit it.

This works out amazingly well for shit like the generations Beast Wars and the MP ones we've seen.

The problem is when you apply this method to the limited animation in g1 that took way too many liberties to begin with.
>>
>>5901041

His thin legs look like shit.
The bell bottoms are too pronounced.
The diaper looks awful.

>NOOOOOO T-THOSE ARE GOOD EVERYTHING NOT OFFICIAL IS BAAAAAD

The official one looks anemic.
>>
>>5900755
Presumably this would be around the same size as mp10? I'd be tempted to use him as a classics stand in, but he'd be too big.
>>
File: TTMegsDigiBash001.jpg (284KB, 860x683px)
TTMegsDigiBash001.jpg
284KB, 860x683px
>>
[spoiler]Arcee fleshlight when?[/spoiler]
>>
>>5901228
Are you retarded? Why would you even ask something this obvious? Damn people are stupid.
>>
>>5901243
Original looks better except for the feet but I doubt they would work for transformation.
>>
>>5900899

When will we get an MP of Solar Storm Grappel?
>>
>>5900812
As long as it has the orange tip it should be fine but some expect a swift ride through customs
>>
File: mp megs digi bash.jpg (56KB, 431x653px) Image search: [Google]
mp megs digi bash.jpg
56KB, 431x653px
>>
File: Nomates.jpg (35KB, 307x237px) Image search: [Google]
Nomates.jpg
35KB, 307x237px
This felt very appropriate to post.
>>
>>5901310
I am indeed retarded, there's no need to be upset.
>>
>>5901325
Is that yours? Could you make the inner legs red please?
>>
>>5901320
What?
>>
>>5901323
don't expect, beh

I had MP Shockwave opened by canadian customs and that's a fucking cartoon toy gun through and through, I can't help but imagine what kind of shitshow getting a realistic (as far as I expect) walter P through borders
>>
>>5901330
Sorry got it off TFW.
>>
If takara was smart they'd pack him in robot mode and have no pics of the gun at all on the box.
>>
File: 20160908_144007.jpg (924KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_144007.jpg
924KB, 2048x1152px
Got Ratchet in today.
>>
>>5901214
You assume that toy designers are completely stagnant and as unambitious as they were 30 years ago. They are capable of making a good looking toy without animators streamlining it for them.

In fact, all the animators did was cause problems, because their redesigns were for the sake of simplicity and repeatability, never taking into account actual physical and dimensional limitations.
>>
>>5901342
Well considering they don't have to bend over backwards for toy gun laws in Japan and Asian markets and its easier to package stuff in their vehicle modes, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
>>
>>5901345
Do you like him more or less than Ironhide?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2742x3437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2742x3437px
>>5900833
>tfw owning Apollyon right now
>>
>>5901342
>If takara was smart

Takara doesn't care about fat gaijin countries. I wouldn't be surprised if the box art had a kid holding it to his head in a Persona pose in gun mode, or high fiving another kid while they pointed guns at each other,
>>
>>5901351
Both are good. I can't say I prefer one or the other. Just dunno what shoulder labels to use on Ratchet.
>>
File: 1473298025554.jpg (30KB, 277x197px) Image search: [Google]
1473298025554.jpg
30KB, 277x197px
>tfw2005 can't even update their site correctly
>>
File: TAK12222[1].jpg (83KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
TAK12222[1].jpg
83KB, 752x564px
>>5900825
>>5901334
>this had to be inspected in depth by customs

yeah autismo is going to be a joy to import
>>
File: MP Ratchet stickers.png (406KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
MP Ratchet stickers.png
406KB, 600x450px
>>5901373
Bottom left.
Cut out the squares.
Takara can be smart at times.
>>
>>5901389
I always get a kick out of the fact that the most vehemently defended "brand" I can think of is the Red Cross and their stupid logo.
>>
>>5901392

The Olympics sued a fucking card game over using interlocked rings on it's card backs.
>>
>>5901382
What did they do now?
>>
>>5901384
That is sexy as sin.
>>
>toy store near my house has TR Galvatron
>it's the first appearance in my country for TR who aren't the legends

Should I? How's it?
>>
>>5901384
Mine from Amiami didn't get opened, and it was shipped with Soundwave.
>>
File: ningen reeeeee.png (465KB, 813x870px) Image search: [Google]
ningen reeeeee.png
465KB, 813x870px
>mfw live in New York, capital of the world, and always last to get new waves
>mfw I see all of you with wave 2 figures
>>5901427
He's a fine figure. Not great, the mast sucks, but good, the best Galvatron we've ever had.
>>
File: mfw no face.jpg (76KB, 719x559px) Image search: [Google]
mfw no face.jpg
76KB, 719x559px
>>5901431
Mask, I mean.
>>
>>5901431
I'm so glad I don't live in no fun allowed town
>>
>>5901431
>capital of the world
Top kek.
>>
File: 126 (Large).jpg (165KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
126 (Large).jpg
165KB, 1440x1080px
>>5901149
>>5901133

I liked Prime Arcee myself.
>>
>>5901431

I'm in NYS. I order my shit online. It's because all this shit is made overseas in asian sweatshops, Anon. So it naturally hits Cali first, and spreads out from distro centers there.
>>
>>5901443
Where's the UN buddy
>>
>>5901444
I'm envious. Slightly aroused as well. Odd.
>>
File: 139.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>5901457
>old pics
My femebot shelf is now over crowded atm also Wheelie snuck in for some reason.
>>
>>5901444
Hasbro sure likes whoring out those molds.
>>
>>5901467
dem tiddies on legends Blackarachnia, christ

No wonder that toy is is like 50$
>>
File: 1473243928446.jpg (422KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473243928446.jpg
422KB, 1200x900px
>>5901469
They like whoring out a lot of molds.
>>
>>5901444
>>5901467
Not a single Strika, what are you, gay?

Has anyone tried to make Energon Scorponok Titanmaster compatible?
>>
>>5901467
If they had Transformers like that when I was in my teens, I doubt I would have played with anything else. Dat Black Arachnia, and hnnngh Slipstream.
>>
>>5901494
If you're looking for lewd transformers toys, take a look at the only T-AI figure ever made.
>>
File: Blackarachnia-RM_1257022760[1].jpg (72KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
Blackarachnia-RM_1257022760[1].jpg
72KB, 1000x767px
>>5901494
I remember when Blakarachnia first showed up on beast wars, my first instinct was to go to the toy store to find a toy of her and her original toy was a fucking Tarantulas repaint.

I can't hot glue transvestite Tarantulas!
>>
File: 1467889639633.png (757KB, 703x704px) Image search: [Google]
1467889639633.png
757KB, 703x704px
>>5901484
>customising a botcon exclusive
you fucking devil
>>
I still think I'd rather a MP scale Megatron figure that doesn't transform, but if Autismo 2.0 holds up in both modes I wouldn't mind either way I suppose.

I just know it's going to be a lot easier to import a figure than a gun though.
>>
>>5900755
>MP-38

Clever!
>>
>>5901505
Checked and checked. I'm still curious if Kiss players is as bad at Teletrann I makes it out to be. T-AI is adorable.

>>5901507
Well just think, now you can get a Blackarachnia like >>5901467 has, and hot glue it to your hearts content! Robot waifus need to arrive faster holy shit.
>>
File: b.gif (2MB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
b.gif
2MB, 600x333px
>>5901522
Brilliant.
>>
>>5901524
http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2014/06/transformers_starscream_panties_tentacle_tongue.php

Looks like it is.
>>
>>5900862
At least the stock looks like it can be used as a stand for its robot mode. That's something I guess.
>>
>>5901484
There is already a 3P head from PE that works for the various Energon Scorponoks.
>>
>>5901452
Oh yeah, that definitely means it's the capital of the world. You're a funny one.
>>
File: ratchoff.jpg (40KB, 268x298px) Image search: [Google]
ratchoff.jpg
40KB, 268x298px
>>5901431
>Be Scandinaviafag
>TR hasn't even arrived yet
>Shipping cost for import is pure rape
>>
>>5901529
I really want to read Kiss Players. Did anyone ever translate it?
>>
>>5901507
Transvestite Tarantulas could be cool if they played up the sexual horror aspects of it. Like making the spider mouth from the crotch and have full range of movement on it or if her abdomen was a sac full of fertilized eggs that were fired as ammunition which eats her victims alive from the inside.
>>
>>5901553
Not that I know of. A huge chunk of it is told through the radio drama, which I don't think has been translated either.
>>
>>5901563
Terrifying. I'll stick to Spider McTits instead. I mean I love the idea you have, but ech.

>>5901565
That's a shame, it sort of reminds me a bit of the mid to late eighties anime/PC games that were brought over to the West.
>>
>>5901563
I can only get so erect.
>>
File: shapeways.jpg (230KB, 1250x717px) Image search: [Google]
shapeways.jpg
230KB, 1250x717px
Well this is pretty neat.

Is there any chance at all for a proper TR Nightbeat eventually (with another head design) or is this your best bet?
>>
>>5901543
I went to your TRUs once, and it was like £36 for a deluxe
>>
>>5901563
Airachnid is honestly closer to a female Tarantulas than Blackaracnia. I honestly wouldn't have minded if she was just Tarantulas as a fembot.
>>
>>5901586
Nightbeat is one of the more popular headmasters, and Nips fucking love Minerva. I think both are pretty likely.

Now whether it's within the next year is a different matter. What I'm wondering is that now that we have all these proven gimmicks developed, are we going to start seeing them returning? For instance, will we get Combiner Wars-compatible combiners again, or will they reinvent the wheel next time?
>>
>>5901595
Crazy laughter and being hard to read as to what the fuck her goals are would have been cooler than Arcee's 2cool4you rival.
>>
>>5900990
>WHY

Cause that's what G1 Megatron looks like. Glad takara stepped up to the plate; they've been getting shit on a lot for Shockwave and Ironhide but Megatron blows out the 3 3P options out the water. No idea what people see in Mightron especially; its so blocky it looks lik e n amateur CGI model of Megatron. Despotron isn't too much better, he's too stout.
>>
>>5901431
Im in NY and all stores around me have the newest waves in. You just have shitty stores.
>>
>>5901389
Are those stickers or rub on transfers?
>>
>>5901634
Maketoys isn't even going for sunbow aesthetics.
Apples to oranges.
>>
>>5901638
Stickers.
>>
>>5901634
Despotron is such shit.

Mightron looks nice, if a bit too thick on her arms and legs, but Despotron looks like a fucking marshmellow
>>
File: 1473298861067.jpg (59KB, 637x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473298861067.jpg
59KB, 637x960px
>>5901634
He may not be G1 accurate but, damn if he ain't a good MP megs.
>>
>>5901653
In MP scale, which is otherwise trying to go for Sunbow/cartoon aesthetics. 3Ps are so fucking confused with where they're going right now. You have these giant MP scale figures that are closer to Classics aesthetically but are closer to G1 designs like the newer releases. I can't even commit to more than a handful because I'm not sure where they'll fit in my collection.
>>
>>5901664
>her
>>
>>5901675
Fantoys match the MP aesthetic almost perfectly and the quality is Takara level. MMC is a close second.
>>
>>5901680
Mightron is a transwoman thank you very much, respect her pronouns
>>
File: 1473054143666.jpg (1MB, 1094x1550px) Image search: [Google]
1473054143666.jpg
1MB, 1094x1550px
>>5901680
Is it pic related? I honestly do not know the source of that but I have spent many cycles cranking my piston to that.
>>
I've heard speculation that Black Shadow could not only be a pretool of Thunderwing, but also a Star Saber
>helmet gimmick
>small jet that combines with larger jet
>headmaster could be brain of courage, turns into saber's head, gets covered by full star saber helmet like powermaster prime
>>
>>5901782
I'm surprised no one has pointed out he might be a retool of the leader class seekers
>>
>make TFW even shittier
For what purpose?
>>
File: Optimus.png (28KB, 262x255px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus.png
28KB, 262x255px
>>5901799
>all those post lost
>horrid layout
>>
>>5901795
>another reuse of that mold
God forbid
>>
>>5901795
stop. I'd literally kill myself.
>>
File: aggressively.gif (470KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
aggressively.gif
470KB, 250x188px
>>5901782
>but also star saber
You're giving me heart palpations man slow the fuck down
>>
>>5901795
I wish the Leader Seekers had been straight repaints of Jetfire. I prefer the variable wings.

I wouldn't be opposed to Leader Coneheads from that mold, though.
>>
>>5901795
Do not even imply it, those things, and Jetfire were a fucking disaster.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x343px
>>5901795
""""""""""no""""""""""
>>
>>5901795
>I'm surprised no one has pointed out he might be a retool of the leader class seekers

Why would they do a nobody like Sky Shadow though? The only time and only reason they did him was when they needed a Thunderwing retool mate. If they were going to reissue the Leader Classs Seeker mold, Armada Starscream, Jhiaxus, Dreadwing/Darkwing, UK Skyquake and even Thunderwing himself would have been first before Sky Shadow.
>>
>>5901816
Jetfire was alright, except for the cockpit kibble. I don't think it works as the seekers, though. Jetfire's known for being a larger autobot, but I prefer my seekers as deluxes or voyagers. Also their headsculpts suck.
>>
>>5901824
Because, IDW. Black Shadow is a nobody in it too but he's a nobody that's part of a 3 man group with 2 big names, one of which has been officially been anounced this line. Makes sense they'll do the other two
>>
>>5901816
...how were they a disaster? Other than the molding on the undersides of the wings they were pretty much perfect

Definitely better than every other seeker mold we've ever had, including the awful MP that can't hold together.
>>
>>5901826
>IDW

If Hasbro was so concerned about IDW, wouldn't they have gone after the bigger name Decepticons first like Tarn (for example using Hardhead), or the rest of the Scavengers not named Krok or even Carniavc (from SOTW)?
>>
>>5901830
Most of the jet just folds on the back, including the cockpit. Jetfire was passable, but the seekers had the same problem, their heads were completely terrible, and their color distribution suffered due to the wing transformation.
>>
>>5901755
that's Megatronia, the self proclaimed waifu of Megatron
>>
>>5901782
>but also a Star Saber
>tfw already have MP Star Saber and no MP Victory Leo in sight
>now I kinda wanna sell MP Star Saber
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>5901667
Yeah, people are hating on the face and the extra detail on the helmet, but I love it. I really like the official one, too. I'll probably get both and see which I like more.
>>
>>5901843
Well, we are getting a new Victory Leo (apparently), not sure who's making it.
>>
>>5901843
>>5901846
>>5897977
>>
>>5901848
It's not a third party, it's for TR or the Legends line.
>>
>>5901846
Keith's Fantasy Club is making it. Can't say I'm terribly optimistic.
>>
>>5901834

Hasbro is concerned about IDW. They make a best selling comic franchise out of TF. Thats why they sprinkle in IDW-ized TF's. Thats why Chromedome's head is IDW (well, except for the visor color). Thats why we're getting a Getaway remold/tool/paint out of Chromedome. Etc.
>>
File: 1429269241104.gif (2MB, 427x327px) Image search: [Google]
1429269241104.gif
2MB, 427x327px
>>5901834
>bigger name
>Tarn
>>
>>5901846

KFC's making it. Which means you might as well forget it exists because it's a race to see what'll happen first: The entire toy falling apart, or the paint on it rubbing off.
>>
>>5901863
Is Black Shadow/Sky Shadow more notable than Tarn then?
>>
>>5901846
>>5901848
I don't like 3rd parties when it comes to Masterpieces
and I don't like how KFC did their victory leo
>>
>>5901851
>>5901867
The concerns are valid but Their reflector set and junkions were pretty well received esp the latter. Just keep our fingers crossed that reviews will be good.
>>
>>5901869
Outside of IDW? Tarn doesn't even exist
>>
>>5901830
they are literally just a legends engineered figure blown up in size with extra hollow bits and a bigger price tag. They are fucking shit.
>>
>>5901887
You don't know what a Legends figure is.
>>
>>5901887
>literally

You keep using that word.
>>
>>5901887
>literally
>>
>>5901887
Its a jet former, there hasn't been a good jet former in ages.

But comparing it to a legends class, nigga you just went full retard
>>
I'm not really sure if I should get FM. He's cheaper at the moment, but the lack of Master Sword, and his gun are making me hesitate.
>>
>>5901907
Just bite the bullet and get Takara version
comes with voice clips from the original voice actor AND the sword
>>
Should I buy Grimlock, or Megatron? I am terrible at making decisions.
>>
>>5901939
Which Grimlock and which Megatron you retard?
>>
>>5901935
I was planning on getting him if the yen didn't sky rocket since his shipping costs alone will easily go over 60 dollars. Sadly, he easily costs about 240 dollars with the current exchange rate, and I think all online stores sold off their pre-orders.
>>
>>5901941
Any of the two under $200 with shipping. Like I said, terrible at decisions.
>>
>>5901948
Don't buy either because you're a fucking retard
>>
>>5901948
Chomp 'n Stomp Grimlock
>>
>>5901883
Bu we are talking about IDW specifically or did you miss the entire point of the post and just got triggered by Roberts donut steel oc.?
>>
If only the toy looked a bit like this. The proportions are a bit odd, but I think it works.
>>
>>5901961
No, no, I'm OK with Tarn and the DJD. I'm just saying that as a whole Black Shadow is more well known just simply because Tarn only exists in one continuity
>>
>>5901948
XTB Apollyon
>>
>>5901963
>>
>>5901948
FoC Grimlock
>>
File: 1373604174230.jpg (316KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1373604174230.jpg
316KB, 621x621px
>tfw2005

what the fuck happened
>>
>>5901948
Titanium Megatron or Classics Grimlock
>>
>>5901978
Gave me fucking whiplash when I refreshed the page.

The Blackshadow/Sky Shadow leak took some of the sting off.
>>
>>5901978
>tfw2005
>Titans Return Deluxe Wave 1 and Voyager Wave 2 released in Italy
>Posted on September 6, 2016

Dear god!
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>5901978
I don't think I can go back there, the new layout is awful.

Any site recommendations?
>>
>>5901986
allspark
seibertron
>>
>>5901948
If you want us to make decisions for you I would suggest you look into the costs of various Megatrons and Grimlocks yourself, then provide us with the choices your search yielded rather than expecting us to go off and find them on our own.
>>
>>5901986
>>>/a/llspark
>>>/s/eibertron
>>>/toy/
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 357x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 357x206px
>>5901948
>SPOOONFEEED MEEEEEEEEEE
>WHAT IS SELF-RESEARCH?
>>
File: image.gif (91KB, 322x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
91KB, 322x324px
>>5901957
>>5901966
>>5901972
>>5901980
>>
File: cigar 2.png (83KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cigar 2.png
83KB, 250x250px
>>5901995
>allspark
>>
>>5902016
He asked for alternatives to a shitty site so I gave him 3 equally shitty sites
>>
File: 1470891278841.png (82KB, 261x285px) Image search: [Google]
1470891278841.png
82KB, 261x285px
Am I the only one who finds it very relaxing to watch videos of TF toys being transformed?

All those clicks and snaps and shit. I feel comfier than an autist in his calm-down happy place.
>>
>>5902022
It's only when his calm-down happy place is in the middle of a public road that there becomes a problem.
>>
>>5902022
Hello Emgo
>>
>>5902022
>steven universe
>autism
Yep, that sums it up pretty much
>>
>>5902036
wait I havent seen the show, is Steven an actual autist?
>>
>>5902046
No, but the show is for actual autists
>>
Welp.
>>
>>5902067
This is why Funpub needs to fucking die
>>
File: 1180_-_czw_jeezus_zandig.png (184KB, 424x273px) Image search: [Google]
1180_-_czw_jeezus_zandig.png
184KB, 424x273px
>>5902067
FUNPUB

WHU-I THOUGHT FUNPUB'S DEAD
>>
File: image.png (182KB, 201x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182KB, 201x369px
>>5902067
>>
File: power of the urn.gif (831KB, 490x377px) Image search: [Google]
power of the urn.gif
831KB, 490x377px
>>5902074
>>5902077
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 614x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 614x683px
>>5902067
*loud gagging sounds*
>>
>>5902067
This isn't using a standard MP box? Wonder if it's an TRU, or con exclusive.
>>
>>5902067
Isn't that the one knockoff MP-10 benscollectibles looked at
>>
>>5902093
Yes it is. That's the back of a U.S. MP Box.

[notoyliersonspoy]but i knew what you meant[/notoyliersonspoy]
>>
>>5900755
Not crazy about this, but none of the third party Megatrons are great either.
>>
File: the Powers behind SG MP-10.jpg (49KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
the Powers behind SG MP-10.jpg
49KB, 456x352px
>>5902089
>>
>>5902109
I'm convinced that people like you will just never be pleased with anything. The hell do you even want anymore?
>>
>>5902109
Not to come off as some kind of snobby brand-fag but I'm just happy we're getting a decent looking official megatron.

Even if it has flaws I'd still rather have the real deal over some literal who 3ps.
>>
>>5902067
What the fuck even is this for? Funpub is dead.
>>
>>5902167
Asia, apparently. Explains why the box looks like the one's they use for Platinum releases.
>>
>>5902171
At least Eva Prime is based on good fiction.
>>
>>5901824
You are trying to use logic
Hasbro doesn't do that
Look at shit like what they did to the junior headmasters
Who would have thought that's a good idea in the community?
Most would have guessed those heads on retools and what not. Not straight bodiless figures that come with a random vehicle
Hell they made Sential out of Astrotrain.

Also the Seeker/Jetfire retool could be Aimed to be Thunderwing(say the retool the wings) hence you could start with the who first

Your using sanity I'm using Hasbro logic
>>
>>5902188
We need cringe threads on /toy/ solely because of posts like this
>>
>>5902188
>Hell they made Sential out of Astrotrain.

Of course they did, the only logical choice was PM Optimus Prime, and they're not going to put a literally who character in that price point, AND retool the helmet to match.
>>
>>5902195
Think they'll do an Omega Supreme out of Astrotrain? I think he'd work well as a homage to both the G1 and Energon versions of the character. Probably should have done him instead of Sentinal Prime, but they may do him later if he doesn't get a Titan after Trypticon.
>>
>>5902192
I'm not seeing the cringe here.
>>
>>5902198
>Think they'll do an Omega Supreme out of Astrotrain?

At best, he'll get a convention exclusive, he'd need a lot of paint to look right.
>>
>>5902215
>poor spelling and grammar everywhere
>"le HASBLOW XDDDDD TAKRA WINS AGEN!!!!111"
>>
>>5902195
Im not understanding your post but a train shuttle retool would have a list of better well know choices then Sentinel Prime who has been a non-triple changing truck in all media.

Honestly it makes one wonder who wanted SP in the toy line, someone from Hasbro or IDW?
>>
>>5902224
that's every general and every other post here.
>>
>>5902195
They could have used the Octane Pretool instead of doing G2 Optimus Prime, though G2 Optimus Prime does admittedly fit the mold better.
>>
>>5902195
But why make the who character at all?
>>
>>5902240
No idea. Maybe they wanted tom make the 3 IDW Sentinel Prime fans happy?

>>5902239
That toy was probably still in design sketches when they were planning to include Sentinel in the line, the same thing happened to Brainstorm who's going to be a Blurr retool when the Triggerhappy mold would have been a better base for him.
>>
>>5902240
Sentinel is the main antagonist in the TR comics, comics that have sold figures.
>>
>>5902122
I'm pleased with lots of things. Just not with any of the G1-styled Megatrons. Granted, I think a gun mode is stupid anyway, so it's not a big deal to me. It just feels like the MP line has taken a goofy turn, going from more realistic, detailed, shiny figures to more of a cartoony, bland, matte appearance.
>>
>>5902248
It's possible they came to an agreement on who to use. TR needed an antagonist, so IDW just brings back a villain they've kept on their sleeves for a very long time, then they work on toy that works well for both parties.
>>
>>5901795
It's pretty much confirmed anon.
>>
>>5902237
Right, so there's a lot of Cringe to go around.
>>
>>5901899
>there hasn't been a good jet former in ages.
RID starscream is great.
>>
>>5902271

All of the CW jets were pretty good. Standard jetformers. Nothing special, but nothing bad.
>>
>>5902271
lol
>>
>>5900777
>how fast wave 2 is hitting stores
Lucky you. My Walmart just got fully restocked their deluxe pegs with more wave 1s.
>>
>>5902287

My Walmart just got Combaticons a month ago.
>>
>>5901907
I was gonna pass on him but I splurged on the SDCC version since it had the sword.

He's neat but other than for novelty factor he's not really 100% worth it. You can't really fiddle with him since he's so big and he's noisey as fuck. Cerebros is fun as a figure but he's just a head, so again his individual play value is pretty low.

I'd say just buy a bunch of deluxes or go after some older guys you really really want. It's not like you really need a Fort Max.
>>
>>5901907
I toyed with getting Fort Max when I first saw him in store, but ultimately I decided not to. It really depends how much you want a giant playset and how much it bothers you that his city mode is phoned in.

If I ever get Fortress Maximus, it'll either be the G1 one or the mini ko.
>>
File: hug.jpg (16KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
16KB, 500x382px
>>5902292
iktf
>>
>>5902276
No rebuttal?
>>
>>5902271
RID had so many pointless Blizzard and Toys R Us repaints that didn't interest me, but now I want them to repaint the fuck out of the Starscream mold.

And Windblade, too, but only because the retail version looks so bad anything would be an improvement. The Blizzard Drift had a lot more details than the standard Drift so I'm moderately hopeful.
>>
>>5902365
I'd get the rest of the seekers with that mold. The past seeker molds didn't do it for it to justify that, but this mold is really fun and fits the character well.
>>
>>5902358
lol
>>
>>5902358
Rebuttal? Why? He clearly meant "Lots Of Love"
>>
>>5901330
Megatron's inner legs aren't red, though? Or is Takara not going for cartoon accuracy in a line devoted to toon accurate figures anymore?
>>
File: adventuresofcuckrod2s.jpg (265KB, 800x2035px) Image search: [Google]
adventuresofcuckrod2s.jpg
265KB, 800x2035px
>>
File: 7d104014afc6c8673bc35b8a022889df.jpg (141KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
7d104014afc6c8673bc35b8a022889df.jpg
141KB, 736x1040px
>>5902271
>TRU Exclusive
>TRU here doesn't have exclusives
Fucks sake.

>>5902378
It would be really weird if they didn't do more seekers. The question is how many and which ones.

Also, RiD Slipstream when?
>>
File: 20160803_223717.jpg (105KB, 1306x734px) Image search: [Google]
20160803_223717.jpg
105KB, 1306x734px
>>5902421
>RiD Slipstream when?
They've already used the name for a minicon.
>>
>>5902421
>It would be really weird if they didn't do more seekers.
And that's what's confusing. This mold came out of nowhere. No hype no promos no leaks no anything. With this being a non-deal plus a store exclusive it's hard to say it Hasbro will keep using it.
>>
>>5902427

Probably because leakers know no one collecting gives a shit about RiD and it's a miracle the show has lasted past one season.
>>
>>5902421
>>5902427
There's a good chance that Takara will do the basic trio of seekers even if Hasbro doesn't for some reason.
>>
>>5901995
>>5902016
Let me fix that for anon

>>>a/lgbt/lspark
>>
>>5902458
lol you fucked up

>>>/a/lgbt/spark
>>
File: 1433364015822.gif (674KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1433364015822.gif
674KB, 245x180px
>>5901989
>>
>>5900982
Since getting TR Blurr I literally am only missing TR Wheelie to complete the important season 3 crew unless I go and get UW Computron.
>>
File: nervous.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
>>5902436
>tfw rumors about a fourth season of RiD
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 1024x680px
>>5902067

Fuck yes!!! My favorite evil Optimus.
>>
File: 1441389321925.jpg (69KB, 365x404px) Image search: [Google]
1441389321925.jpg
69KB, 365x404px
>>5902490
>caring about Shattered Ass
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 720x540px
>>5902490
Go the fuck back to the >>>/a/llspark
>>
>>5902491
>>5902492

>Caring about what colored plastic other people like
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 236x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 236x383px
Goateed Hot Rod when?
>>
File: image.png (82KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82KB, 388x402px
>>5902497
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE
This entire board came here to laugh at you
>>
File: image.jpg (574KB, 2000x1556px)
image.jpg
574KB, 2000x1556px
Shame the official release is missing some of the tampos and weathering but hey it's retained that sexy muted blue.
>>
>>5902516
>unironically liking shitty weathering like that
pls be bait
>>
>>5902528
Wrong thread, retard. Turds are the other way
>>
>>5902532

3P stuff can and has been better than official stuff. No need for sour grapes. Expand you horizons.
>>
>>5902538
Wrong thread, retard. Turds are the other way
>>
So I think I've worked out a small bit of the new MP Megs' transformation. It's dauntingly clever.
>>
New >>5902549
>>
>>5902551
Only reason to do Sky/Black Shadow first is if Hasbro decided the bullshit with releasing Sentinel BEFORE Astrotrain is going to be the status quo going forward: IE the unpopular retool will now ALWAYS come before the original version people actually want to force people to buy the retool
>>
>>5901334
they will box him in bot mode.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (33KB, 149x171px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
33KB, 149x171px
>>5901069
>clear mold differences
[citation needed]
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.