[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any expirience with the LBX Robots line? I saw some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: lbx robot thing.jpg (26KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
lbx robot thing.jpg
26KB, 444x500px
Anyone have any expirience with the LBX Robots line?

I saw some and i am tempted to order em, but dunno what to expect, i read they require assembly, but also, that once put together they are sturdy
>>
>>5424006
I only have the Hyper Function Lucifer and Achilles, and they're awesome. Cant say anything about the regular ones though since I dont own any. All I know is lots of sticker detail / paint apps are needed for accuracy.

RolloutReviews have a few LBX reviews on Youtube.
>>
>>5424006
They are basically really simple gundam kits. some of the stickers are kinda shitty, and you'd be better off doing some simple painting or using a gundam marker.
but they're pretty neat, if you see a design you like I say go for it.
Also the one in your pic actually has rubber tank treads.
>>
Fuck, tehre are tons on eBay and amazon, even weapon packs

is that a good or a bad thing?
>>
>>5424006
It's like Gun Tank meets Shovel Knight, I like it.
>>
>>5424917
It's a good thing if you want to buy some and don't want to fiddle with import sites.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-3819.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-3819.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
>>5424006
i LOVE LBX. Gundams are cool, but they're such a hassle to make. with LBX you can just make them without any tools and it takes like five minutes.

My favorites are the Nazi LBX, Gunther Yzelphar, and Riding Armor Rosius, who's huge even though he's pretty cheap

The only reason I dont have more LBX toys are because the designs have gotten so overdone, like pic related
>>
File: RIMG04384.jpg (126KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG04384.jpg
126KB, 480x640px
>>5425393
Went from a knight to a cowboy. And it's honestly the most badass one.
>>
File: guntharcomplete.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guntharcomplete.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
its a quick fun, same build as SD Gundam kits and even possible to kitbash with regular HG ones.

Requires a bit more of extra touch to highlight its details but nothing complicated.
>>
File: guntharlegs.jpg (579KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
guntharlegs.jpg
579KB, 1024x768px
>>5425406
>>
ive bought a few. Got Odin and some green dragon that came in a 3-pack. despite having some of that Mega Man-ish aspect i like, i dont really praise them all that highly. theyre good models though.
>>
File: 20140725_174319.jpg (235KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
20140725_174319.jpg
235KB, 612x816px
>>5424917
Could be Bandai Asia versions. They were shelfwarming hard here in Singapore around 2 years ago. Their initial retail prices were kinda steep and there wasn't an anime to accompany the local release.
>>
>>5424006
I got one of the season 1 grunts, the shark(?-y one with the claws. Surprisingly good and holds together decently for a kit.
>>
File: 10174720a.jpg (73KB, 764x980px) Image search: [Google]
10174720a.jpg
73KB, 764x980px
>>5424006
i bought this one, i know nothing about the series its from but i really liked the design. Assembly is pretty easy, supposedly you dont need clippers but i used them anyway. i did notice that some of the pieces appeared to just pop off from the sprue. From what i've seen from other kits some may come with a lot of stickers, mine want too, nothing that i felt the need to anyway.
>>
File: 1714068muah5ma8z0uuohb.jpg (134KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1714068muah5ma8z0uuohb.jpg
134KB, 2000x1328px
>>5425778
juesus i fucked up that last sentence
mine didnt come with too many stickers
also it came with parts so you can make the original deqoo, i think it had the older shoulders but i dont remember
>>
>>5425778
which Zaku is that?
>>
>>5425792
The red one
>>
File: 20160122_164340.jpg (841KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160122_164340.jpg
841KB, 2048x1152px
I recently gotninto the lbx line of models with 0 experience of modelling before and theyre very beginner friendly.
Theyre all generally built the same way and you can moves parts around to different models if you wish. Only a few come with stands but they are sturdy with huge flat feet. I wish minerva kai (pink in the front) did as her feet are angled and is generally unsteady
>>
File: 20160122_164508.jpg (631KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160122_164508.jpg
631KB, 2048x1152px
I didnt do any paint and most of the stickers work even if some of them are likely to peel off or be hard to align. Phaze and blazes wristguards are a painbut most have small dents in the plastic to line them up. Weapons generally dont come with stickers so youll have to pain them if you dont want them one colour
>>
are the weapon packs easy to find?

they look cool
>>
File: 20160122_164655.jpg (756KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160122_164655.jpg
756KB, 2048x1152px
They do require assembly but its just removing plastic from runners and sliding or pushing them togethrr. The instructions are clear and takes an hour or two to build.
I got all mine off amazon cheap as chips but remember the images on there are painted and not out of the box. Ikarus zero is cheap and a great start. Tritons colours dont match like in the product pictures. Mizel o legion looks like soap. Really like the rest.
>>
File: achilles.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
achilles.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
And the hyper function models are higher detailed versions of the basic models. You build a skeleton and place the parts over the top with minimal stickers.
And anytime a model has a cape and isn't a hyper function model it'll be a paper cape you cut out the instruction manual.
I was in the same position months ago so I wanna be concise.
>>
fuck you guys, i am falling in love with all the weapon packs, this shit is so gorgeous
>>
Are they modular?
>>
>mfw Achilles is hard to find and get

Come on, motherfucker is like the main guy
>>
>>5426682

hlj has him on backorder.

although... I've backordered Deqoo off HLJ almost a month ago, and they havent gotten back to me yet...
>>
>>5426509
They have a few basic "frames" that uses the same joints.

You have the normal humanoid one, the girly one, the beastial one and maybe more.
>>
>>5424006
I'd recommend getting the hyper function sets if you have any problem with stickers/painting

They're much better than the normal models. They can even still do the whole part swap thing with the regular sets. They've got skeletons inside of them, unlike the regulars, which makes them a lot cooler, in my opinion. More show/game accurate.

I'd also recommend getting the Z-mode figures. They're also like the models but you don't really need to put them together. The Achilles you just need to put the armor frame on the skeleton, and with the Orbis or Ikaros twins the twins can become weapons for eachother while the orbis is 3 LBX that can become one.

Also with the Achilles it comes with alternate weapons. There's also a golden V-mode Z-mode Achilles based on the show/game. Looks REALLY good, but doesn't come with the extra weapons, just the normal ones. Which are also in gold.

TL;DR: Look into Hyper Function and Z-mode.
and sorry for the rambling like just now woke up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.