[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on "I am Elemental" figures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: 1doll.jpg (49KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1doll.jpg
49KB, 640x427px
I recently discovered these, and they look pretty cool. Has anyone gotten 'em yet?
>>
They're slightly smaller than 1/18th, despite the looks. Very generic, extremely limited articulation and gimmick. You'll forget about them after a day or two which isn't good for a $10+ toy.
>>
The 6 inch figure is amazing. I wish they will just keep making more like that.
>>
They look pretty lame.
>>
>>5408555
A new one coming this year.
>>
I like the look of them, and I even kind of like how generic they are; it's easier to mod or just pretend that they're something specific.

The articulation does look limited, though, and it's frustrating to hear that they're actually a little smaller than 1/18.

The feminism of the marketing didn't help, either.
>>
>>5408512
>>5408608
>>5410532

OP here.

So the general consensus is that these figures suck for the price? Well, I could get all of em for ~60$. Should I go for it?
>>
>>5410552
That price seems alright to me, as long as you're confident that you'll enjoy having them.
>>
>I recently discovered these
>has anyone gotten them yet

op confirmed for shill or newfag
>>
>>5410569
How about neither?
>>
>>5410583
oh right you probably don't keep up with TIME magazine's top ten toys of 2014
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (53KB, 435x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
53KB, 435x500px
there is something charming about them

but they are over priced
averaging at around 75-125 for the "lunch box set"
its not worth it

if they were selling that box for $30

sure
id pick them up
>>
Weren't they supposed to be blind bagged too, on top of everything else?
>>
>>5410688
Yeah

>>5410618
Kinda sucks that it doesn't come with the larger gal
>>
>>5410618
>there is something charming about them

explain
>>
The only one I ever wanted was fear. Maybe individual ones will end up on ebay eventually.
>>
Id buy some of them for like 8 a pop. The 6inch one looks like it hits all the good marks but the design sucks IMHO. If they upgrade some of the initial wave into the better body I'd probably be more down.
>>
Any pics of the 6" one?
>>
File: 01.jpg (64KB, 1260x570px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
64KB, 1260x570px
>>5410776
>>
>>5410782
nice to see them adhere to the superior male dominated design
>>
Can anyone explain the idea/gimmick of these to me? Their website is dumb and from what I see the toys themselves don't do much?
>>
>>5410965
They're supposed to give the girl audience something to play with, something cloney so as to not enforce stereotypes or something-- they also come with trading cards.
>>
>>5410965
gurll powwa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uyvOfHEq9I
>>
>>5410966
girls play with shopkins and lalaloopsy because gender is a social construct blahblahblah also lego friends is sexist because we researched and planned this action figure series this visual power identiy like Joan of Arc for being a real strong woman
>>
>>5410971
Then the girls do some research on Joan of Arc and learned if you don't behave you get burned alive...

>>5410965
The few gimmicks the toy line offers are;
Some part swapping, since they are all variation with different pieces on (Although not intended, I think)

Comes with a bag, so bring the toy with you anywhere!!!

And the shields, model after periodic table, can slide onto a plastic bracelet, so you can wear it, no for apparent reason. I mean, it doesn't even look that good.

I wonder who is the next role model / theme...Marie Curie? They are all mutated from radiation. My point is, pick someone less depressing.
>>
>>5410967
>>5410966
this is a fucking joke, right?
>>
It's as simple as here's an action figure we designed with girls in mind and keeping a non exaggerated ratio for body parts. The characters represent ideals or parts of an overlying theme, in series 1's case, courage, which then culminates in the form of that 6.5 inch figure, which is essentially the other characters combined.

Honestly, it's even simpler than that. If you like how the figure looks get it.

Series 2, wisdom, was supposed to have more unique looking characters. And the only thing we know about them is that blue will be their central color, and that the 6.5 inch wisdom is at least preliminarily wearing a dress. I'd assume she'd be a wizard.
>>
>>5410967
Well I think I found my next hotglue target
>>
>>5411017
not when its the top ten toys of TIME magazina it isnt, its serious business

>>5411021
how exciting, how come I never see the gi joe general play with these?
>>
>>5411021
Do they actually think that there are no figures without exaggerated proportions and skimpy clothes?
>>
>>5411030
Dunno, guess they don't like them. Can't speak of the 4" ones but Courage is great. She was a little loose in some joints but after tightening her up she's great. She also seems to be quite well liked.

>>5411066
No, but they decided to make a line out of it. Not to mention, an action figure line made with girls in mind first and foremost, though the 6.5" figure was more for the collectors, cause the creators often cite the strong collector interest. Their first KS was a success, and they've had success since, and they're working on a series 2 now that I don't think will have a KS, so the line seems to be doing quite well overall.
>>
>>5411085
shame no one here ever talks about it
>>
>>5411094
I think it's just that not a lot of people here bought them, though I think i'll be picking up that 6" figure when I can.
>>
>>5411094
probably because the concept is downright idiotic, and the figures themselves are bland and overpriced.
>>
>>5411098
I'd recommend her. They often do 20% off sales so I'd wait for one of those. Her size, sculpting (for what there is), and articulation (probably the main selling point here) are excellent, and she comes with 4 accessories, her sword, shield, armor, and helmet. The latter 2 are of course removable. And the paint is night perfect. If it wasn't obvious I'm very impressed by this figure, especially for a first try from this company.
>>
>>5410782
>no curvy ass or boobs
>not even from a comic book

no buy
>>
>>5411111
>no curvy ass or boobs
That's kind of the point, buddy.
>>
>>5410967
Are women insane? Also, they really think girls are going to buy these things? Not socially-awkward dudes who want to support feminism or just because?
>>
>>5411117
I really don't get this line of thinking. It's bad for women to have curves and boobs?
>>
>>5411128
yes. its sexist and made for horny pervert cis white males
>>
>>5410552
The 7 smaller ones? No, you're getting ripped off. 7 smaller + 6", sure.
>>
>>5410694
>Kinda sucks that it doesn't come with the larger gal
she came out a year later.
>>
>>5411030
>gi joe general play with these?
their really limited when it comes to articulation
>>
>>5411128
The idea is it's pushing an unrealistic body image, say a slim woman will not have giant breasts and/or butts, like most comic book female characters.

But I'm a little tired of this argument, same with gaming, etc, because it goes both ways. Men in comics, games, figure form, etc, are super ripped to impossible, or unhealthy level, so yeah, boo hoo.

She went to a crazy person level when she complained about Movie Gamora ML being inappropriate for her son to have (cleavage, big butt and...tiny feet?). Really, that one is not okay??
>>
>>5411128
only sexist whores have curves and boobs. Real women are fat, amorphous, androgynous blobs.
>>
>>5411169
why would women give a shit about hobbies redominantly enjoyed by men?
>>
>>5411169
>The idea is it's pushing an unrealistic body image
if you're a lazy fucking cow like the average feminazi, sure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrp0zJZu0a4

lets do this
>>
>>5411178
Because they wanted to market it as "girl pwwr!", girls can enjoy action figures too, and pander to the SJW market heavily.

In truth, both women used their useless psychology degrees to justify that all girls want generic as fuck action figures with "proper" heroic attitudes. They even argue that there is no villain for them. WTF!? Then they took their sample figures and unfairly compared it to inaccurate "competing, male dominated toylines" to show how much better their figures are than those other toys.

They never broken into TRU or another retail chain, just a few online shops who on/off clearance this shit out now.
>>
>>5411195
>using buzzfeed's inaccurate video
reddit, pls.
>>
>>5411199
girls want shoppikins
>>
>>5411203
more like pissfed :^)
>>
>>5411195
what a stupidly inaccurate video. With modern sizes, she was like a size 4 or something like that.
>>
>>5411199
>They even argue that there is no villain for them
so what the fuck did they do? just walk around having super powers?
>>
>>5411119
>Are feminists* insane?
ftfy
And absolutely.
>>
>>5408501
Definitely not worth $10, what a ripoff. It was a fine figure, but somewhere around $5, no more than $7 is fair. $10 is too much for what it is.

It's a shame, because they're really not horrid or something. I don't know if there is some crazy feminist marketing campaign or something for them.
>>
>>5411268
The people behind it are pretty relaxed. They don't like certain things that are gender splitting, like having a designated boy and girl section in the toy aisle, as opposed to toys just where they should be, organized together. But overall they mostly post positive things like successes of women, and what not.
>>
The designs are kinda nice. Are there comics or other similar media of this?
Also, I wish there was some rule 34 now.
>>
>>5411369
>like having a designated boy and girl section in the toy aisle, as opposed to toys just where they should be, organized together
People aren't actually this fucking stupid, right? Organization isn't sexist.
>>
>>5411369
>organized together.
>organized
>together
>organized

Wot
>>
>>5411609
apparently mixing barbie, nerf, my little pony, and hotwheels is "organized". You're a misogynistic asshole that deserves to die if you think stores should separate things in a logical manner that will make shopping easier.
>>
>>5411574
>>5411609
Sorry, you've missed my point. I meant that they don't like when things are labeled FOR boys or FOR girls. Of course organization dictates that products and products like those ones are organized in similar sections, it's just that why label them as for girls and what not. Etc. But maybe I shouldn't speak for them in case there's miscommunication. They also recently had an article of accomplishments of a man, so not just women
>>
>>5410782
I hope they make more. i only see one at their store
>>
>>5411660
Yup, a second blue one for Wisdom is coming this year. As well as more of the 4" figures.
>>
>>5410971
Lego Friends sets actually stand up really well on their own.
>>
>>5411639
Jemanon, we missed you. I thought the movie's failure caused you to blow your brains out.

Jerry > piss ass, just saying.
>>
>>5411774
The Jem movie came out? Huh.

Guess I was too busy watching Star Wars.
>>
>>5411774
>implying that Jemanon is pro-Jem and not the mentally unstable guy who hates Jem and randomly goes off on a tangential rant about Jem, feminism, Tumblr, and Hasbro's CEO being Jewish in Hasbro-product threads
>>
>>5410782
that looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>5411830
ok
>>
>>5411774
>>5411819
I have no idea what's going on or who jemanon was. I'm far too new to /toy for that. I was just saying people that think aisles shouldn't be separated logically are fucking retarded.
>>
>>5411026
Can you imagine how insanely ass pained feminists would be if you actually hotglued these figures. You'd cause a gigantic social media shit storm and people would try to hunt you down.
>>
>>5411369

Yeah they actually created their own product instead of becoming a professional victim on the internet waiting for men to do it for them.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1656x1368px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1656x1368px
I don't like the old ones but I love this girl. The genericness is charming. It reminds me of old toys like Microman. I just checked out their FB page they just seem like nerds/tomboy girls who wanted to see more girl toys.

Taking money from the insane feminists who would probably throw money at man killing death camps if this didn't exist is probably not a bad thing. I'd buy them if I saw them anywhere. Fuck blindbags though.
>>
>>5412407
Only the little ones are. The girl you posted is individually packaged in a windowed box. 24.99 normally but 20%sales bring it to 20, which they have quite often.
>>
>>5412407
What annoys me is that they put all that effort into the 6" figure's articulation, but the 4" figure's articulation is atrocious, especially given the price and the fact that they were blindbox/bag.
>>
>>5413680
I think the 4" figures were originally made to have wide appeal and be something cheap you could find at the store and wanna just impulse buy. The 6.5" figure was much more something that had collectors in mind. They mentioned changing up the formula of the 4" figures a bit, especially with differing appearances, so maybe the articulation. Maybe we'll see something new at next month's Toy Fair?
>>
>>5411221

No, you fool. Obviously they use their powers to fight the patriarchy.
>>
>>5412407
>>5410782
that helmet looks like a mullet
>>
>>5413789
Last year they didn't even have a booth, they just walked around trying to pitch to companies.

>>5412402
>waiting for men to do it for them.
They hired a man to run the whole thing including dealing with China to produce it. Not sure if the figure designer/sculptor was a man or a woman.
>>
>>5411369
>>5410967
>relaxed
>>
>>5411169
But the ML Gamora is much less well endowed than many other ML women.
What the fuck.
>>
>>5412407
I'd buy an honesty with articulation like courage. pretty much any of the initial line honestly. Shame courage is like the ugliest design IMHO
>>
>>5413818
>Not sure if the figure designer/sculptor was a man or a woman.
Two men.
I think they work for Jakks or Jazwares.
It's on their blog somewhere, giving credit to them.
>>
>>5413856
Yeah, I know, it ruins their whole argument. That's when I thought at lease one of them is crazy. Like even the cleavage of the figure is a joke...

>>5414064
>Jakks or Jazwares
I'm really impressed if they were capable of making that 6 inch figure, and question why don't they make anything remotely well articulated for their company...
>>
>>5411169
>Men in comics, games, figure form, etc, are super ripped to impossible, or unhealthy level, so yeah, boo hoo.

Not to mention that they don't have genitals.
>>
>>5414543
>I'm really impressed if they were capable of making that 6 inch figure, and question why don't they make anything remotely well articulated for their company...
Because neither of those companies care about putting out well articulated figures.

It's a bit of a thing for the toy sculpting/engineering career, you need to have talent for it just to get the job, but you'll almost never be able to use it to its full potential.
>>
File: Davod Vonner.jpg (191KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Davod Vonner.jpg
191KB, 700x525px
>>5414689
>you need to have talent for it just to get the job, but you'll almost never be able to use it to its full potential.
Poor David Vonner.
The man was in charge and the reason Hasbro's best toylines were amazing. Then Hasbro starts dumbing down their toys, downsized, gets a job at Jazwares, gets let go for being too awesome, and is now working at spinmasters
>>
>>5410599
assuming they know shit about toys
>>
>men designed these toys

lel, can women not make toys?
>>
>>5410532
>The feminism of the marketing didn't help, either.
Fuck off MRA/gamergate.
>>
>>5414715
Perhaps hasbro is just adjusting to the market and what actually sells across the board and not out to kill everyone's careers
>>
>>5418181
Na, Hasbro has been slashing jobs heavily every year in order to stay afloat.
>>
>>5418165
After you, Brianna.
>>
>>5418215
>Na, Hasbro has been slashing jobs heavily every year in order to stay afloat.
You're using words wrong.

Hasbro has been slashing jobs to keep their bottom line higher than last year and for future profits too.

Staying afloat would mean that Hasbro isn't profitable.

>2014 adjusted operating profit increased 7%; Adjusted net earnings increased 10% to $408.7 million or $3.15 per diluted share; As reported, operating profit increased 36% and net earnings increased 45% to $415.9 million or $3.20 per diluted share;
>In 2014 Hasbro returned $677.6 million of cash to shareholders through $216.9 million in dividend payments and $460.7 million for the repurchase of 8.5 million shares of common stock. Cash at year end 2014 was $893.2 million.
So many happy shareholders!
>>
>>5418165
TIME, pls. your top ten list of 2014 didnt help and no body cares about these
>>
>>5410718
the color scheme is pleasing. other than that these dolls look unfinished and kind of ugly.
>>
>>5413680
the 4" figures' articulation is only slightly less than a Marvel Legends figure (they said that future toys will have things like ankle rockers) and they aren't really blind bag figures. They're packaged in bags but they tell you what's in them.
>>
>>5422253
>the 4" figures' articulation is only slightly less than a Marvel Legends figure
Wow, I didn't know that 9 points was "slightly less" than a Marvel Legends figure...
>>
File: 1435962626895.png (554KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
1435962626895.png
554KB, 864x486px
>>5418215
>Na, Hasbro has been slashing jobs heavily every year in order to stay afloat
>To stay afloat
>Implying they're struggling
The numbers I got at the shareholders meeting from 2015 and 2014 disagree with you, anon.
>>
>>5408501
These kinda look like Sailormoon villain squad. Not saying that as a bad thing.

I was thinking of getting the big Courage one to give to my sister to be a villain for her Figurearts. But I haven't found a picture that gives a good scale to see if it would work.
>>
>>5426672
She is way too big. She sales with MOTUC or DCC figures.
>>
>>5408501
I bought them for my daughter when they first came out. She Loved them. I thought they were pretty cool and came with neat items.
>>
>>5426717
she probably doesnt have many toys
>>
>>5426744
she does and she's five. almost buddy.
>>
File: monsteroftheday.png (265KB, 540x394px) Image search: [Google]
monsteroftheday.png
265KB, 540x394px
>>5426713
Damn, too bad. That Courage figure could pull off the Monster of the day look even with the Co Shield
>>
>>5426809
Large is intimidating for villains. She needs to look like she can take them all on at the same time, after all. Giver her a go, she's an excellent figure.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.