[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver Crow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: silver crow.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
silver crow.gif
991KB, 500x281px
Figma or Figuarts?

Both seem to have their pros and cons, I've watched a few reviews and it seems to boil down to:

- figma has a nicer visor and is more accurate to the source material
- figuarts has nicer wings and effect pieces

Looking for some input before I pull the trigger on either.
>>
File: IMG_2390[1].jpg (156KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2390[1].jpg
156KB, 816x612px
>>5399895

I generally like Figuarts more than Figmas, so I'd gravitate towards that.

But Figuarts never made any Black Lotus, so if you want other characters but Silver Crow, then go with Figma.
>>
>>5399909
That's something I didn't consider, thanks anon.

I like both brands but I'm gravitating more towards the figma, does anyone here own the figure and have something to say about it?
>>
>>5400023
I personally prefer the Figuarts version as a toy more. Figma is Figma. It certainly has its pros in terms of looks (mostly around the torso), but I'm not that enamored with the source material and pig boy's "faceless" enough that I don't mind some of the more visible joints. If the source material is important to you, then Figma. If not, and you just want the somewhat slightly better toy, go Figuarts.
>>
>>5400034
Honestly, I don't care about the source material either, I just like the design of the character. Do you have any pics? Or any specific likes/dislikes?
>>
Also, if this matters to you, they have announced another season of this is getting made, so there might be new releases in the near future that are cheaper than the current after market prices.

https://youtu.be/rCRC7FQBY40
>>
File: blacklotuskyh.jpg (133KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
blacklotuskyh.jpg
133KB, 450x337px
>>5399895

aww yeah Accel World getting some love here.
>>
I'm having a really hard time deciding which I like more.

If I could take the wings, shoulder pads and gauntlets from the Figuarts and transplant them onto the Figma it'd be a no brainer. That dull looking visor is really putting me off the Figuarts, but those wings are fucking beautiful.
>>
File: CIMG2485.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2485.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
The figma has ugly knees (like most masculine figma the joint sticks way out the back and the knee pad is molded into the thigh armour) and significantly poorer ankle joints, so there's that. Part of it kind of depends on whether you want a grounded or aerial Silver Crow, the SHF is a bit heavier with more complex joints (although figma has better shoulders) and ostensibly has more detail (eg. clear parts where figma just has paint apps) but the figma is more dramatically proportioned with a more straightforward torso.

SHF is a bit more metal armored dude, figma more skinny anime hero. The real shame is there not being an SHF Black Lotus, her much more mechanical design would have worked very well with their engineering.
>>
>>5400910
Well fuck. I was gravitating more towards the Figma but you've kinda pushed me towards the Figuarts. I like idea of a metal armored dude more than a skinny anime hero.

You bring up a good point about the knees, those figma discs are quite unsightly, what did you mean about the Figma having better shoulders though? And I'd want him to look good in grounded and aerial poses.

You've also fucked my decision up based on the visor, I thought the Figuarts looked really dull in most instances compared to the Figma but in your pic they almost have the same level of glass-like translucency. I like the Figuart's shade of green more too.
>>
>>5400922
Not any of the previous posters, but I wanted to say Figuarts Silver Crow is fucking amazing. I scratched one of the wings on mine, and am about to order a 2nd one, and I don't even mind.
>>
>>5400910
Which is the one in the back? That looks best
>>
File: CIMG2470.jpg (70KB, 589x480px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2470.jpg
70KB, 589x480px
>>5400922
The SHF flattens the upper arm bumps so they'll fit inside the shoulder armour and then has limited mobility when the arm is pointed outwards anyways because of the shoulder armour being so close to the torso (it can get it to just about 90deg to the torso still mind you)

On the figma the shoulder has more separation from the torso and the shoulder armour pivots off the top of the shoulder which gives it less coverage but more clearance and allows the arm sculpt to be uncompromised. That may or may not be related to it having bigger more heroic shoulder pads (my biggest beef with the SHF is it looks a little bottom heavy due to a combo of slightly thick legs and smaller shoulders)
>>
>>5400939
They both look so good, I might end up getting both.

>>5400956
Thanks for the info.

If you had to pick one of the two, which would it be?
>>
File: main.jpg (584KB, 980x845px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
584KB, 980x845px
>>5400948
Figurise 6 model kit.
http://07838002.at.webry.info/201207/article_3.html
>>
Funny enough I just got the shf silver crow in the mail yesterday. Saw it on mandarake for 1k so I wanted to grab it. I really love the effect pieces and the wings. I think the whole figure is great.
>>
Did anyone besides Figma do a full armor lotus?
>>
File: main.jpg (589KB, 980x845px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
589KB, 980x845px
>>5400966
Well I bought the SHF at the time but I still couldn't guarantee that was the right choice. I think I had a lot of good will for the line at that moment because the SHF Akibarangers were my first non-Precure SHFs.

>>5400995
It has a plamo too but it always looked pretty off to me.
>>
>>5400974
pics!
>>
I ended up pulling the trigger on the Figuarts in the end. It was the cheaper of the two and I love the wings too much, I think I like the bulkier body too (no homo)

Thanks for all the advice guys.
>>
I'm just mad figures like this didn't exist 10-15 years ago so I could have gotten figures from all the animes I loved back then.
>>
>>5401629
It sure is a nice time to be an ongoingfag.
>>
>>5401357
I couldn't agree more with your choice. The wings were what turned me to SHF as well. That and amazon had it for dirt cheap at the time.
>>
File: 21.jpg (302KB, 971x1200px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
302KB, 971x1200px
>>5403781
It's a beautiful figure.
>>
>>5400045
>Honestly, I don't care about the source material either, I just like the design of the character.

Jesus, it's hard to believe I posted this on Tuesday. Since then I've watched all 24 episodes and it's fucking great.

Now I want a Black Lotus figure too, but the figma is so expensive on the aftermarket... the Bandai model kit on the other hand is less than half the price. Anyone got any experience with the kit? How does it compare to the figma?
>>
Didn't Figuarts look like it had a diaper on in addition to the grey being the wrong shade?
>>
>>5415804
Yes, but I can live with that taking into account how much better the Figuarts' wings look, and the fact that the knee pads aren't sculpted onto the thighs like the figma.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.