[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /toy/ I am just asking if anyone knows if these AVPR figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1452176675667.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1452176675667.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Hey /toy/ I am just asking if anyone knows if these AVPR figures that I have still in the box would be quite valuable nowadays?
>>
>>5389724
Someone might know, yeah
>>
>>5389724
Check ebay auctions that have sold. We aren't a fucking appraisal service you stupid fuck.
>>
>>5389752
>We aren't a fucking appraisal service you stupid fuck.
Damn I thought people were far more relaxed and friendlier on this forum.

Yes I did check ebay but I also wanted to ask people who are fans of the AVP series and who are collectors.

Sorry I asked
>>
File: 1391645004292.jpg (344KB, 600x806px) Image search: [Google]
1391645004292.jpg
344KB, 600x806px
>>5389755
>start a thread on 4chan
>be surprised and offended by a rude post
>>
>>5389755
We get asked to appraise shit all the time, so it gets annoying. Most modern toys do not have any value to them, in order for a toy to be worth more than a few dollars after market it has to be in high demand, have had limited release, or be unique in some way. Ebay is really your only valid option since very rarely are you going to be able to sell a toy for a much higher price outside of having a vendor booth at a convention.

There are far too many idiots who think the couple of toys they have sealed in a closet is worth more than what they paid for.
>>
>>5389755
We've been having a bad batch of newfags lately.
>>
>>5389765
oh i am sorry to hear.
>>
File: 1440070713305.jpg (9KB, 104x99px) Image search: [Google]
1440070713305.jpg
9KB, 104x99px
>>5389724
Gonna need to wait a few years and keep them mint for them to be worth anything.

Best hope now is to complete the line, put them up on ebay, put them for whatever YOU think is reasonable and then lower the price as required depending on what others are selling them for.

Right now you could get lucky and get rrp or just a bit more but a smarter person can get them 10-20 bucks cheaper with enough searching.

...I honestly think the idea for an appraisal general would be a nice break from the usual stuff that dominates here but I doubt many of us would have enough of a clue to get it off the ground.

Best of luck op
>>
>>5389724

All asshattery aside;

You'd probably get $20~$30 for the Predator on the left
$30+ for the Predator on the right
And the real star is the Hybrid Alien in the middle, which you'd probably get $70~$100 for.

I'd probably sell them while you can, because NECA is planning on remaking these things in a year or two and considering the fact that their modern articulation, sculpt, and detail will blow these figures out of the water, no one will even remember these particular figures exist once they get remade.
>>
>>5389918

These came out in 2007/2008. They're actually at the peak now, and will probably go down once better versions come out.
>>
>>5389925
I highly doubt they will remake the PredAlien unless it will appear in the new predator movie which it won't.
>>
>>5389932
nah i am sure most would want the original versions over newer ones.
>>
>>5390669
>I highly doubt they will remake the PredAlien

Except, they've already said they are going to, but it likely won't be until next year.
>>
>>5390672
Haha, nope.

here's the thing, there's sort of a gap in value between "old" toys(60s-90's),new toys(2010 onward or so) and stuff like this (2000's). Old stuff has its appeal because they have their own stylings/appearance from new stuff. New stuff has value depending on rarity. But stuff from just a few years ago, which has newer, better versions out, sink in value like rocks. They're so close to modern stuff, yet lacking details and articulation, that they don't have much appeal.
>>
>>5390723
Well its a shame Neca won't be making any more movie preds.`
>>
>>5390730
>Well its a shame Neca won't be making any more movie preds

What? The AVP:R figures will be redone a couple of years down the line, that includes Wolf, and Randy has stated on Twitter that they may revisit Jungle Hunter for an 'ultimate' version of the figure one day.

Don't talk bollocks m8.
>>
>>5390730

Nothing is really out of the question.

They've even thrown out there that in a couple years or so, they may give Falconer, Berserker, and Tracker the 2.0 treatment.
>>
Sell that predalien. Its worth a bit but will drop whem its remade in a year.

The predators suck shit compared to the new ones. You may get something if you group them together
>>
>>5392436
i saw a predalien on ebay for $100.
i sell this predalien and with the predators for $200 or so?

lol nah
>>
>>5389755
>damn I thought people were far more relaxed and friendlier on this forum.
>taking this much offense from an internet post
LOW TESTOSTERONE
>>
>>5389756
you chalk sex too, ah yeah
>>
You need to sell now. Neca already confirmed that are doing better versions of them soon. After this get close, these will be worth shit.
>>
>>5390669
Why on earth would you doubt they'll remake the central villain in the film? Their doing all the AvP predators and Xenos. They'll do the damn hybrid.
>>
>>5389755
Fuck you
>>
>>5389755
Anon no matter how polite your intentions might be, you're still the guy asking how much you can get for it, which tells us you really aren't interested in collecting, you are just a proto-scalper, and /toy/ will never openly abide a scalper.
>>
>>5389724

I've got the Predalien in box too.

Is it true that they are making a new one? I probably would sell it if that's the case.
>>
>>5393182
Neca have already released the first wave of AvP figures in their Predators line, the Grid Alien is planned for a future release, it's only a matter of time before the Predalien is made, I'd estimate 2017.
>>
>>5389755
>Damn I thought people were far more relaxed and friendlier on this forum.

/toy/ is easily one of the most hostile boards on 4chan.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.