[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Captain America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

File: class.jpg (190KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
190KB, 1000x1000px
Okay, I have 40 bucks to drop... Which Captain America should I go for? Classic 'murica or Modern 'murica?
>>
File: mod.jpg (196KB, 1215x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mod.jpg
196KB, 1215x1500px
Or Modern?
>>
Depends whether you think racial segregation is a good idea
Or you think it's okay for gays to get married
>>
>>5387759
but old cap america fought against racial segregation and towards gays getting married.
>>
>>5387759
I lol'd actually
>>
>>5387759
Why not both?
>>
>>5387756
The Legends version of this cap comes with extra hands, the pointing and salute hands give you great options for posing.
>>
>>5387772
Yea, but I don't like the shield.. You're right about the hands though and bonus points for the maskless head
>>
>>5387753
if youre willing to spend 20$ more for shf cap, the best 6" cap figure by far
>>
>>5387772
That face looks nothing like the actor, isn't it supposed to be him since it's the Winter Soldier tie in?
>>
Classic looking cap coming out within a month or so from the marvel legends line. Also comes with a werewolf head.
>>
>>5387886
I like this face better actually, more to the original look of Rogers.

>>5387905
The werewolf head is useless to me. I'm curious to see how the figure it self looks.
>>
File: MLisaoucap-1.jpg (427KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
MLisaoucap-1.jpg
427KB, 600x900px
>>5387780

If you like the Winter Soldier Cap, but don't like the shield, then I highly recommend the ML Avengers 2 Captain America.

He's got the exact same spare head and hands as the Winter Soldier Cap. Heck, the body is exactly the same except for some paint apps and minor retooling on his chest. And naturally, he has the classic shield.

He's still available in stores, but kinda hard to find. If you don't mind loose, he can be had on eBay for $10 before shipping. Sans BAF part, of course.
>>
Wait for the new marvel select one with the new civil war costume
>>
>>5387926
hmm fuck it.. I really like the way this one looks. but I don't want 6''. I like the size of the Marvel Select line... I think I'm going with the Modern Cap, from Marvel Select
>>
File: capwolf.jpg (34KB, 261x296px) Image search: [Google]
capwolf.jpg
34KB, 261x296px
>>5387911
>The werewolf head is useless to me.
Fucking casual.
>>
File: FIGURE-015937.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015937.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
Figuarts is coming out with a new Cap in may. Amiami has it for a bit more than 40, but shipping will be a bit higher.,
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-015937&rank=
>>
>>5388554

I missed out on the AoU one.
Is this the exact same body?
Do the legs look better in person?
They look so skinny in the photos
>>
File: figuarts hero face.jpg (38KB, 516x296px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts hero face.jpg
38KB, 516x296px
>>5388554
Looks awful

The unmasked head is terrible and the masked head looks like the cheeks are expanding, so that they're larger than his helmet thingie.

>>5388728
>They look so skinny in the photos
welcome to noticing the figuarts style.
They also make tiny heads
>>
File: DMC12489.jpg (27KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
DMC12489.jpg
27KB, 752x564px
>>5387753
>>5387756
I have both.

The comic Cap is honestly not good... at all. Limited head movement, no abdominal movement, no thigh swivel, no ankle rockers. Even the shield is of poor quality, it is a somewhat soft plastic material with no sculpted detail on the inside, and the way that it latches onto the forearm is via a poorly done plain white hook. No straps, no nothing, just a hook. The proportions are also very strange, where you have this tiny chubby-faced head, FUCKHUGE shoulders, and thin little legs. It's honestly a complete mess of a figure, and its only real redeeming factors are the gloves, boots, and the chainmail, and those things are only pluses in regards to sculpts and nothing else.

The modern movie one is, in short, fucking really cool. Everything works as it should, the articulation is comparable to a Legends figure (trade off: no double elbows; gain: true balljoint abs), the shield has two plastic straps and sculpted detail inside, and it just looks great. I wish they made more hands for him instead of the stupid display base, but whatever.

I would, however, recommend that you maybe consider the fact that Marvel Select is going to be releasing the figure as a repaint for the Civil War movie (along with Winter Soldier and Iron Man, see pic), so maybe get that one instead if you want more traditional colors.
>>
File: Cap and DP.jpg (162KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Cap and DP.jpg
162KB, 736x1105px
>>
>>5388975
OP here: Hey thanks Anon! I think I may follow your advice and wait for the repaint and just hope it's up to par with the Modern version.

>>5388554
Equal Thanks anon. I love the way this looks, the shield on the back is a great touch really. I'd had to wait for May, but perhaps, it's worth the wait,. Figuarts does make some good shit, but yea having it shipped here would kill my wallet.
>>
File: Friendly Neighborhood This.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly Neighborhood This.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>5387772
This is seriously an underestimated figure. I got this guy a few months ago out of a bargain bin for like 10 bucks.
>>
Faceoff Cap
>>
I personally liked Ultimate Cap from the Hit Monkey wave for his colors and leather wear. he also came without an annoying BAF piece since i dont really collect them all.

and he's available in a more traditional recolor in a 3-pack
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.