[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good mechasaur stand-ins? I'm making a classic Getter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (149KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 500x458px
Any good mechasaur stand-ins? I'm making a classic Getter Robo display. I know Getter isn't that well liked on 4chan these days but any help would be appreciated
>>
File: Getter-4.jpg (186KB, 632x672px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-4.jpg
186KB, 632x672px
You knoe?
>>
File: image.png (222KB, 799x913px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
222KB, 799x913px
>>5376068
O I knoe
>>
File: Getter-Robo-01-109.jpg (289KB, 850x782px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-01-109.jpg
289KB, 850x782px
>>5376071
U knoe who needs a Takeya Revoltech?
>>
>>5376079
Only if we get a Ryouma revoltech to look at it
>>
File: UNSTOPPABLE.jpg (290KB, 1008x858px) Image search: [Google]
UNSTOPPABLE.jpg
290KB, 1008x858px
You could check out closeout stores and see if there's any dinobots from the TF4 movie on clearance. Suitable for smaller getter figures like the Revoltech ones.
>>
>>5376046
>mechasaur stand-ins
Not sure what's that supposed to mean but did you check the Dino Getters? 2 and 3 are so-so but 1 and Black 1 are outstanding.
>>
>>5376379
>>5376095
Thanks for the advice. I do have Dino Getter 2
>>
>>5376046
>isn't well liked on 4chan these days
This is the most retarded thing I've heard today. Where the hell did you get that idea?

Also, I'd do as >>5376095 says and go for robot dinosaurs and stuff. Probably as close as you'll possibly get. Old super robot MotW stuff doesn't really get made or become even remotely popular.
>>
>>5376046

Fuck you for even implying Getter isn't popular.
>>
>>5376046
pls don't bring that faggot from /m/ over here.
in any case your best option are the dinobots from the lastest transformer movie (as>>5376095
said), i heard that there are some boolteg versions that are bigger than the real figure, it could work better i guess
>>
you know I never really thought of it but for all the hero robot toys that get made I don't recall every seeing many monsters.

fuck as a kid my Voltron had to tussle with My Pet Monster
>>
>>5377121
The Power rangers line actually had a couple 8'' monsters made that kinda fit with the Megazord, but they were more meant to fight the 8'' Ranger figures.
>>
>>5377005
>Where the hell did you get that idea?

>It's a Getter thread
>on /m/
>has dozens of retards shilling the manga as if it's some literary masterpiece
>Same retards think the OVAs are complete shit in spite of how similar they are to the manga on almost every level
>That one guy that thinks that Armageddon went to shit after Imagawa left for no reason
>Everyone shitting on New Getter for no reason
>Whining about Getter not being in SRW
>SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC
>Dumbass arguments over the Getter designs and how edgy/not edgy they supposedly are
>That one guy that obsessively loves SvN
>Shitposting about Devolution
>Shitposting about the minute design differences between SvN/manga Shin Getter and Armageddon Shin Getter
>That one false flagging asswipe trying to make Getter haters look retarded
It's a fucking nightmare.

>Old super robot MotW stuff doesn't really get made
We did get the SoC Doubals M2 and Garada K7.
>>
>>5377419
>has dozens of retards shilling the manga as if it's some literary masterpiece
it's not like the franchise has shit ton of material to get into (even less translated), it is to be expected if people are recomending the manga, after all it is the main source material, the problem is when they start shitting out the ovas for being different, so i agree with you on that point.
oh man that guy, the sudden influx of SvN pics was because of him, he admitted once that he has a problem though, and that he wanted to try other series, looks like he didn't make it. he usually post here on /toy/ too

>We did get the SoC Doubals M2 and Garada K7.
re-release never
at some point i was expecting SRCs too, but with the price increase of Giant Robo, in the case those could be made, i fear that they could reach SOC-tier prices at retail
>>
>>5377419
>/m/ is representative of all of 4chan
>>
>>5377678
They are the only people that really talk about Getter Robo for its plot and characters. Most likely because they're the only ones that care.
>>
>>5376046
http://www.amazon.ca/Soul-Chogokin-GX-26-Doublas-M2/dp/B00030952G

This guy from mazinger is a pretty close standin.
>>
>>5377612
I rewatched EoE earlier if that counts for anything. Also watched some episodes of Nadesico but it's a wee bit depressing
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 420x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 420x525px
>>5377419
>That one guy that thinks that Armageddon went to shit after Imagawa left for no reason
>Whining about Getter not being in SRW
>Shitposting about the minute design differences between SvN/manga Shin Getter and Armageddon Shin Getter

IT WAS ME ANON, IT WAS ALL ME
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.