[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3A General - Advance notice/Zomb MD is real edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 71

File: 3ageneral.jpg (80KB, 900x420px) Image search: [Google]
3ageneral.jpg
80KB, 900x420px
Time for a new 3A General. Ready your wallet, because we just got advance notice for SIX (!!!) sale dates:

>July 23rd SDCC SALE ( CYBORG ADVENTURES, COSPLAY SQUARE MIYU AND IRONMAN, all different to previously mentioned versions)
>JULY 27TH BLACK TK NINJA
>JULY 30TH ZOMB MD SET
>AUGUST 7TH LIZ SM SET
>AUGUST 15TH MARS ( MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS)
>AUGUST 25TH 3AGO wave one ( Hemmingway's, DePlume's and TK's)

And while you're here, why not post a photo of your collection?

If you're new to 3A here is a guide you can ignore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZwDs7TsW2X3OdTcYlBsLs4LNFFGcPsq4a9sGixApKc/pub
>>
File: mars.jpg (561KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
561KB, 1000x667px
>>4286862
MARS next month - two feet of big red robot. How much do you think he'll cost? I'm expecting at least $350.
>>
>tafw being a poorfag, 3A toy I want is on mandy for a great price
>I save up its been on mandy for 2 months finally have the money
>i go to make my purchase and its sold out!
Fuuuu. It hasnt popped up in a while on mandy or KR. While the only one on ebay is x2 the price. Life is suffering
>>
>>4286891
If it's something you know you want, you should set aside the maximum amount of money you're willing to pay for it, then DO NOT TOUCH that money unless it's an absolute emergency. The key to these things is planning ahead, so you're >>4286891
100% ready when a good deal pops up.
>>
>>4286891
which one, little shadow 2?
>>
>>4286866
The Mars body looks sweet, but I'm not digging the head. It's obviously going for a retro Nagai-type aesthetic, but it's not quite there, at least for me. Something about the shapes and proportions isn't working.
>>
>>4286899
For me it's the pupils that throw it off. I think it's pretty cool overall, but it's way to fucking big for me to even entertain the thought of buying it.

>>4286891
That's rough son. What is it you have your heart set on? Mandy prices for 3A aren't particularly great most of the time, so it'll pop up elsewhere (KR etc) at a price you can manage eventually.
>>
>>4286899
I have to somewhat agree. I love super robots and own way to many Mazingers for my own good and this thing still is just not speaking to me at all. And its not just the head, its the whole look of the thing.

And I think part of it is the very blatent joints mainly where the legs meet the body. That is the one awesome thing about robot toys, its super easy to make the joints look natural to the overall design, and Ash has managed to fuck that up badly.

They're not hidden, they don't look like anything functional, its just a ball and socket.

The most I'll pay for it as is, is probably not enough for them to make a profit on it. I'd honestly pay very little more than u would for a 1/6th, So 200 Max.
>>
>>4286929
The hip joints don't bother me really. In fact, from what I can see they may be a barbell-style double balljoint, which might create an interesting range of motion there. We'll see.
>>
>still no TK hunter, heavy slicer or archer

Fuck, at least I'll be going for the Ninja. Also black is a little misleading, it's the one that was shown at supanova who was greyish brown the white one is even lighter.
>>
Microman String Divers are up on Hobby Search - including the retail-only clear Julian:

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=101&scope=0&scope2=0&itkey=string+diver
>>
>>4287104
Looks pretty nice, shame it will come out to more than the bamba price once you add in shipping.
>>
>>4287104
HLJ has the Micromans up fro preorder, too, although a little more expensive than Hobby Search.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
If it's the same price as last time I'm gonna be very tempted to buy the Iron Man from Bamba if it turns out to be this one. Looked fucking sweet in person, even with the skin on the limbs.
>>
>>4288006
Sif put photo sideways dumbass phone... Oh well you get the idea.
>>
>>4288006
That's the Diamond exclusive according to Ash, your local comic store should be able to order it for you when it's out
>>
I'm curious about that ninja tk...does anyone have images?
>>
>>4288124
I'm Australian so the markup from any store here would be brutal. If it ends up on bamba at the same price as last time it'll be sub-$200 shipped for me though.
>>
>>4288150
There are only 3 of the actual figure atm, this is the first teaser we saw, the lighter colored one is the wonfes exclusive.
>>
File: supanova.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
supanova.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>4288165
and these are from supanova, I think the bamba edition is on display here
>>
File: supanova 2.jpg (93KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
supanova 2.jpg
93KB, 960x640px
>>4288169
another angle
>>
>>4288158
Pro tip it wont. Its a con exclusive sale version
>>
File: welovetoy.jpg (839KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
welovetoy.jpg
839KB, 718x1000px
>>4288538
Whatever you say, pro.
>>
>>4288006
Like I said in a previous thread, their Iron Man is really starting to get to me, even with the rubber arms and legs. It looks pretty fucking sexy, and I get weaker every time I see it. I mean, shit...so maybe it'll tear someday. I can enjoy the shit out of it until then, and even after that, hell, I'm not a super picky guy. I think I can live with some tearing rubber.
>>
File: 20140220-094939-e1392911808120.jpg (911KB, 2431x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20140220-094939-e1392911808120.jpg
911KB, 2431x2660px
>>4289082
ow, my knee
>>
>>4288976
He's right though, most likely, they'll only be at the con, with a slight chance of being available for a second online. You will have to f5 repeatedly for it though.
>>4289082
I like it, I just wish he'd done like medicom and put some thick stretchy clothes over the limbs. Would've preserved the look and the articulation without making it a hunk of shit in a few years.
>>
>>4289271
> they'll only be at the con, with a slight chance of being available for a second online
The 7/23 sale is for Bamba-only versions of the stuff that going to be available at SDCC. Different colorways, etc.

From 3A's news item: "July 23rd SDCC SALE ( CYBORG ADVENTURES, COSPLAY SQUARE MIYU AND IRONMAN, all different to previously mentioned versions)"
>>
>>4289 when I look at that pic I think of all the money I'm saving. It's really to bad cuz doctor com odd one of my favorite villains ever. I really love iron man to, but I just can't stand those designs.
>>
I just ordered a DIY ceasar and square.

How hard is it to take these things apart?
>>
>>4290451
Ranges from simple (popping off balljoints) to medium (knocking out pins) to difficult (cutting/cracking open glued hinges). To entirely disassemble a bot is kind of a pain the ass, really.

Also, you'll need a hairdryer on hand to heat up the vinyl if you want to pop it apart. Hot water might work as well but I think the hairdryer will work better in this case (as well as have less chance of damaging the paint).

If you're asking because you're going to be painting them, most people just partially disassemble and go from there. Taking it completely apart is very difficult, not worth the effort, and you'll probably break something.
>>
Just got the mad butcher here. I like to think of him as the robot version of Daniel Day-Lewis' character from Gangs of New York.

One of the good things about getting into ThreeA late is that there's plenty of WWR to go back and collect.

1/6 Dropcloths are my favorite.
>>
>>4290487
>damaging the paint
>DIY ceasar and square
ok then thanks for the applicable warning
>>
>>4291256
I should get a classic droppie one day, I only have a EMGY 1.5. He's amazing but it would be cool to have both. I just don't know what colorway...
>>
>>4290487
Yeah, hot water is a no-no, since 3a toys are usually hollow and getting water out of them would be extremely difficult
>>
>>4291518
>would be extremely difficult
Youre a big guy
>For you
>>
>>4291529
No.
>>
New to ThreeA. I found an online store with spare parts and accessories, how difficult would it be to put together a grunt in 1/12? Seems like a stupid question but I really want to make my own.
>>
>>4291623
Nearly impossible, grunts have a ton of gear and layers and hardly anybody sells 1/12 gear. Why don't you just get the DIY and paint it if you want a custom? If you're trying to save money by just buying parts it is always more expensive to buy a figure a la carte as opposed to buying the complete product
>>
>>4291614
BANE?
>>
>>4291623
I have a 1/12 Sand Devil I could sell you to get started.
>>
>>4291284
Heh, sorry mate, lost my head for a bit and started just thinking about bot disassembly in general. Forgot you had DIYs.
>>
File: heavyloper.jpg (242KB, 1500x651px) Image search: [Google]
heavyloper.jpg
242KB, 1500x651px
Interloper heavies, only 4 or 5 years late lol
>>
File: download.jpg (384KB, 1500x536px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
384KB, 1500x536px
Iron Man on Bamba July 23
>>
File: inter.jpg (446KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
inter.jpg
446KB, 675x900px
>>4292813

Interheavy sale on Monday.
>>
>>4292527

Pics? Also, ordered my first fig. And looking into the tomorrow kings yellow hornets pack.
>>
>>4294755
1/12 or 1/6, either set is pretty cheap but I prefer the different headsculpts on the 1/6. OG TK headsculpts look really odd and pinched in 1/12
>>
>>4292804
That wasnt me, and the diy's technically are painted, if you count primer.
>>
File: WWR Dropcloth Group.jpg (497KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
WWR Dropcloth Group.jpg
497KB, 1200x674px
>>4291463

I wish the EMGY and the original 4-pack weren't so expensive. I'd love a Medic. However, retail Dropcloths are pretty cheap.

Iron Panda is classic, but the Uncle 5 has really nice, subtle metal weathering all over. Oily and rusty but without the usual large spongemarks.
>>
>>4294755
It sold on KR like, an hour after I posted that. My bad for not saying anything
>>
File: U5.png (568KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
U5.png
568KB, 600x800px
>>4295055
I have an Uncle5

I fuckin' love him, great paintapps. Underrated for sure.
>>
>>4295333
Fuck you oracle
>>
>>4295055
That Iron Panda one is sexy as fuck, will get him. I kinda want to get a Dead Easy Corps set too, anybody have it? Or a zomb in general, what is everyone's favorite zomb?
>>
>>4295409
*shrugs shoulders*
>>
>>4295055
>Iron Panda is classic
Indeed. The IP Dropcloth is what got me into 3A in the first place. It looks great and I love the Dead Eyes Open tampo.
>>
Are there fake threeA figures out there? And aside from the bambaland store and kidrobot forum, what are some reliable stores/markets that sell threeA?

I've seen quite a few listings on ebay and amazon and was wondering if I would be safe shopping there.
>>
>>4295661
There are no bootlegs, bootlegs in general are rare for 1/6 scale figures.
>>
>>4295661
Like the guy above said, no bootlegs exist. Though, there are "recasters" that well, recast certain parts (usually rare or desirable parts). A least in my experience, these guys are always up-front about their recasts and don't try to trick you or anything. Recast parts are also usually unpainted and not as nicely cast as the originals, so it's pretty easy to tell.

You could also join the Facebook BST. And there's an "unofficial BST" forum that commonly lists some rarer pieces for sale, but you need to sort of apply for membership after being a longtime/well-known member of the 3A forums. There are rules and shit, like you need to post often and make good posts and whatnot, go check out the forum for more details.

eBay and Amazon listings are usually fine. Just be as cautious as you would from any other seller. You may also want to beware of preorders on eBay--I'd stay away from those as they offer potential to be ripped off.
>>
>>4295759
It's a lot easier to get into the BST forum now, I had my official forum account for less than a week with only 4 posts and I got in
>>
>>4295954
Also it's not that special, mostly the exact same stuff and people as kidrobot, just much slower
>>
Info up for the SDCC sale, it is a limited sale so I guess that means some of this stuff will be gone pretty fast. Prices are 150 for clear Pascha, 120 for square Pascha, 220 for Iron man and 460 for the lot.
>>
>>4295968
If the cyborg ends up being Liz or Miyu I'll grab that, but if it's just a somehow different Isobelle I'll grab the Iron Man since I already got one of the IDW Cyborgs.
>>
>>4296414
They are all the same as the actual SDCC figures it seems
>>
>>4296511

Did they ever actually announce anyone selling the Iron Man at the con?

Square cosplay Miyus are different colours for Bamba. The ones ToyTokyo are selling at the con are brown wombat shitcubes while bamba gets green and yellow.
>>
>>4296517
Diamond I think, Ash mentioned it on his instagram when he first showed that deco for iron man.
>>
This looks interesting, wonder if it will amount to anything.
>>
Heavy Loper is up
>>
>>4297327
Dammit, why is 002 the 2P exclusive. I don't have that headsculpt yet, if I could just buy him by himself I would.
>>
>>4286862
>3a becoming more shit every year
They are becoming extremely bland with too many new releases of the same mold
>>
>8 de plumes
>4 nom commanders sets
>5 tks
>fuck knows how many bertie mk2s and brambles

Not even good bait
>>
>>4289137
Is that Dr Doom?
>>
>>4297754
No, ignore the small placard that says "Dr Doom". It's just there for show. That is caped Iron Man Mk32
>>
File: isoborg4.jpg (213KB, 750x1122px) Image search: [Google]
isoborg4.jpg
213KB, 750x1122px
Paschaborgs shot, looks like there are 4 variants
>>
>>4298351
If I could just buy Liz and be done with it I'd be in, but I can't be fucked with blind boxes or shelling out for a four pack.
>>
>>4298381
Same. I want a specific headsculpt, but these will most likely be blindboxed. It's a shame really. I think ThreeA should limit their blind picks to smaller shit, like Squares or smaller WWRp figures (a wave of blindboxed Dropcloths would be lovely, for instance). But taking a gamble on a full 1/6 figure, even one on the cheaper side, is just too much for me to bear.
>>
>>4298386
Yeah, I already ordered the IDW Paschaborg with the original Iso headsculpt which I prefer over ponytail or long-hair versions, so I don't really want to risk the 50% chance of the blindbox containing another, less desirable Isobelle.

I'll just see if I can grab a Liz or Miyu from a BST once they ship. Pascha stuff doesn't go for nearly the price it used to now that loads have come and gone through Bamba so I figure I won't miss out, and if I do miss out then at least I got the SDCC version.

Gonna buy the fuck out of an Iron Man though. Bring on sale day.
>>
>>4298396
>Pascha stuff doesn't go for nearly the price it used to
While that is true, I sort of expect these to be popular on the aftermarket. Gonna be lots of trading going on I'm sure, and also a lot of folks seem to be excited by ThreeA's foray into clear plastic. Shit, I know I am.
>>
>>4298386
And yep, they confirmed on FB that blind singles are $150 shipped, so $127.50 if you're 3AA.
>>
>>4298402
Alright, yeah, I'm out. I'm not 3AA this year so I get the full painful buck and a half. And for a blind pick, no less. Too rich (and risky) for my blood.
>>
>>4298396
Someone on kidrobot is already splitting a set
>>
>>4298408

Yeah saw that - Main problem is from the second it was even hinted there'd be a cyborg for Bamba all anyone wanted was Liz, myself included. If anyone's keen on any of the other three, pending 4-way price, a split will likely be the best option though.

If I didn't have my heart set on an Iron Man now I'd probably settle for a Miyu from a split, though.
>>
>>4298414
Skipping the SDCC sale altogether here, no bots, no tks, no AK, no buy. That said I am pumped for the Ninja sale.
>>
>>4298420
SDCC sale or no, it's a pretty full on couple of months. There is seriously something for everyone but the WWR crowd.
>>
>>4298423
we did just have the 4square sale but yeah WWR has been getting shafted lately. Hope we see some sick bots once EVOL gets into full swing but honestly I'm not expecting much before 2015
>>
>>4298420
This is the first TK sale I've wanted to get in on since getting into 3A, so I'm stoked for it.
Especially since I discovered the creek by my house is great for photos
>>
>>4298924
The ninjas really do look great, way better than the hammer and UK variants which also use the new face style. It looked really bad on Thiddy but that might have been partly the hairsculpt's fault.
>>
>>4298928
I kind of liked the head. The thing that killed it for me was that sleeve. I got a Tim Burton vibe, and I don't really like Burton
>>
File: 3a-toys-uk-tk-review-022.jpg (321KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
3a-toys-uk-tk-review-022.jpg
321KB, 640x960px
>>4298928
I thought Thiddy's head looked like shit, but I actually really like the UKTK head. Maybe the hair really does make a big difference.
>>
File: 20140720_175653.jpg (36KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20140720_175653.jpg
36KB, 480x640px
>>4299113
I think everything but the TK gloves go with that, he really should make some understated tk gloves like he did with the TK heavies.

This is killing me, I really fucking want that Iron Man, but I can't buy it because I know it'll rip itself apart in a year or two. I can't make that sacrifice, I had red devil sham, she could barely move and her suit was already showing signs of wear.

At least I got the ascended white cowboy, things amazing, even though he can't use his rifle at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 750x1284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 750x1284px
Nananananananananananananananana
>>
Baka status: removed
>>
>>4299288
Agreed, some slim gloves would have worked well for the UK crew I think. If you can find some on the aftermarket, it's just a handswap away.

>>4299379
Hmm, can't really recall the last time I saw one company doing both Marvel and DC toys.
>>
>>4299518
lego
>>
I have succesfully undressed Dead Astronaut Gangsta down to his jumpsuit. Honestly it was a pretty easy and painless process considering how paranoid everyone online seemed to be about doing it. Ive yet to see a reviewer who has covered the process. Everything is held together with velcro and buckles, and nothing struck me as fragile.

The only area that will likely give someone trouble is getting the neck of the suit off, you really have to be a little careful lining up the snoopy cap with the rest of the assembly. I reccomend everyone doing it to properly line up and align the clothing netter than factory, It makes him look better.

One thing did strike me ass odd though, the undersuits text and logo are just normal clothing decals, and not embroidered like the rest of his clothing. Also his true type body is not weathered looking, and is completely clean unlike a lot of 3A stuff ive handled.

If anyone has questions regarding the process feel free to ask.
>>
>>4300671
People on the forums have been doing this since day 1, did you keep the fat suit off after dressing him? Keeping it off increases articulation and looks better.
>>
>>4300731
I did not know that it would look better without it, hadn't visited any forums or anything recently. Is it really that drastic of a change?
>>
>>4300742
No, but it does look better. More natural.
>>
File: ninja.jpg (366KB, 750x952px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.jpg
366KB, 750x952px
New ninja teaser in the blog, can't wait!
>>
>>4300816
It just looks like they took the mask from some previous releases and stuck it on a normal TK body. Unimpressed.
>>
>>4300805
Post pics?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>4301267
Most of the improvement is in range of motion
>>
>>4300816
He appears to be wearing some sort of nearly-skintight bodysuit under his normal TK gear. That's a first. Not sure if I like it.

The choice to use slim gloves here was a good one though.
>>
>>4301870
I like it, fits with the ninja theme. They had the same idea in mind with Kyuuketsuki but for him they just used a black body. The ninja just looks fantastic though, haven't been so excited for a drop since I started collecting 3A
>>
>>4300816
As for me, there's almost nothing about him I don't like. The only thing I'm not too keen on is that the mask just looks like a hole in a bedsheet
>>
>>4302984
You could always try your hand at making one yourself, couldn't be too hard.
>>
SDCC SALE IS UP!
>>
>>4301405
Very minor changes. That is nearly the same pose I have him in, with the fat suit on. The only difference is his limbs are slightly tighter against his body. Which has less to do with the fat suit limiting his arms and more to due with being able to have the space suit push in towards his body now with the fat suit out of the way.
>>
>>4303436
>more to due with being able to have the space suit push in towards his body now with the fat suit out of the way.

If the arms have more range with the fat suit out of the way that that means the fat suit was limiting their movement. But yeah, minor changes but still worth doing I think.
>>
>>4303112
I was thinking of either buying or making a Baka-esque bandanna
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 750x962px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 750x962px
Here you go
>>
File: 20140720_001638.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20140720_001638.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>4305605
That should be easy, just cut a cloth square similar in shape and rough it up a bit. A hood might be a bit harder, but still do able.
Hell, I'm making a little poncho for my dude here.
>>
>>4305742
Where is that head from? Also, is he supposed to be a Cobra trooper of some sort?
>>
>>4305790
Nope, custom head of a concept character. I had some random parts left over, and I decided to do something with them once Todd sold me a body for dirt cheap. His vest is more complete now, and I think I'm going to add rhinestones for the eyes so they sparkle better as well as the poncho and some sort of mosin nagant type sniper.
>>
>>4305635
>boner intensifies

Damn that look nice, my $120 is ready. Also heres a big gallery with pics of him http://www.toy-people.com/?p=26081
>>
>>4305635
Goddammit. This was going to be a skip for me, but that looks fucking fantastic.
>>
>>4306112
And he looks even better with the dark bamba colors, best looking TK since I don't even know when.
>>
>>4306126
Oh yeah. The dark colors look great. Glad I didn't impulse buy a Paschaborg yesterday.
>>
File: image:.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image:.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>4290487
The pins in the hands were pretty easy. Haven't attempted the elbows or knees yet.
>>
File: 14692601226_0354cb513c_b.jpg (128KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
14692601226_0354cb513c_b.jpg
128KB, 640x640px
>>4306061
Aww shit, why did I click on that link. I was all like Ninja's probably a pass for me. Then I see this pic and it's all over. Fuck...better see if I have a spare $120 lying around.
>>
File: 14735461333_751dee6401_b.jpg (147KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
14735461333_751dee6401_b.jpg
147KB, 640x960px
>>4307797
Dis nigga even looks pretty good just with the bodysuit and shorts. It's a real different look for a TK.
>>
>>4307745
I really have no idea how the elbows and knees come apart, good luck. Also have you considered how difficult reassembly will be once these are painted?
>>
>>4307802
>>4307797
He's just so perfect, he has the same feel of perfection that the Slicers, Oyabuns and OGs have.
>>
>>4307797
I love how they went with the boxy-type ninja hood instead of the generic head-hugging ninja mask. I've always loved that look.

>>4307815
IIRC, someone's Dropcloth elbow came apart before and it sorta works like a big two-part pin going through the upper and lower arm pieces. There should be an inner lip of the round part you can pry away, that's the inside of the pin. I feel like I'm not explaining myself very well, I hope you understand.
>>
File: ninja.gif (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.gif
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>4307850
I'm glad they went with a more authentic look rather than the kabuki theatre stagehand look that is normally associated with ninjas.
>>
>>4307802
That actually looks pretty sweet, bet the black ninja hood will go better with it though. Also good to see the TK head sculpts getting away from their original design, didn't care for them much, but they're starting to appeal to me now!
>>
File: LGOT_Parco_5.jpg (349KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
LGOT_Parco_5.jpg
349KB, 750x500px
More shots of the star wars tk
>>
>>4307815
I'll have to file down the areas where plastic touches a little and redrill the holes. Nothing major. Gunpla 101.
>>
>>4311155
Make sure you have something in the holes so you don't have to guess.
That way you can just cut them and pull them out of the joints.
>>
File: 9423898245_ed417d6162_o.jpg (632KB, 1084x723px) Image search: [Google]
9423898245_ed417d6162_o.jpg
632KB, 1084x723px
I just snagged an EMGY 1.5 Dropcloth. [spoiler]My first 3a[/spoiler]

Hooooly shit.

That thing is fucking rad.
>>
Ninja TK Dark is up for pre-order.
>>
>>4313203
Got one, also clear blue pascha secret drop
>>
Blue cyborg Pascha sounds pretty cool, but SDCC Pascha is enough cyborg for my collection. Good chance for anyone who wants an OG sculpt but couldn't get the con version though.
>>
>>4313550
It is an extremely limited secret drop, already gone, ships in october.
>>
>>4311303
be SUPER careful with his bicept swivel, mine shattered into dust having just removed it from package right after shipping, so odds are yours has sat for a little while.

I was sadmad as fuck too, GID orange was pure titties...

(Goddamn it, I swear it wasn't hamhandedness) either
>>
>>4313669
Not a common problem, my EMGY is fine. I've heard reports of loose joints but never what you are reporting.
>>4311303
He is, I'm usually a TK guy but dropcloths are the shit.
>>
>>4313669
>vinyl
>shattering

how the fuck
>>
>>4313669
>>4313741

I've seen some guys on the ThreeA Forums talking about fragile hips and shoulders.

The 1.5 is awesome but doesn't seem as robust as the 1.0 for some reason.

Also 3A figs aren't all vinyl.
>>
>>4313817
The arms and torso are though. And yeah, I know about the hip issue, but mine seems fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x630px
>>4313655
Ah, thought it'd just be a standard secret that popped up a few times today. Oh well. Good on those who scored.

Speaking of Paschas I want these to go up for sale so bad goddamn. Parco photo from Instagram. First decent look at witch Liz.
>>
>>4313840
Looks nice, don't collect paschas but at least these are different, between these and the cyborgs I think the line is improving
>>
New to 3A... Just ordered TK ninja at the bambaland store. Will i get a confirmation email stating it has shipped if it ships 4th quarter?
>>
>>4313700
out of genuine curiosity what's TK about, dude?

I got clones and japanese stuff but beyond that I know little.
>>
>>4314927
They're basically autistic clones made to fight robots
>>
is the 1/12 Caesars worth buying?
>>
>>4299518
hot toys
>>
>>4314927
Honestly, Popbot makes no sense and they are only mentioned a couple times in it. I just love the aesthetic, they are some of my very favorite action figures.
>>
>>4315389
Best 1/12 bot, fuck yes
>>
>>4313741
>vinyl
>shattering
>how the fuck
Only main bodies (and often backpacks) are rotocast vinyl. The other parts, like limbs, heads, weapons, etc. are typically made of ABS.

Also, as another DC/DC 1.5 owner, the bicep swivel has never felt particularly weak to me, and all of my Droppies are A-ok after months to years of ownership and reposing.
>>
Fuck I missed the ninja tk. I was busy last night didnt get to order it. I thiught it would have lasted at least 24 hours. 102$ for an awesome lookin tk was a steal
>>
>>4316332
I got home from work around 1am and was surprised I was still able to get one
>>
>>4316332
Yeah, looks like these guys will be pretty rare later, glad I got mine.
>>
File: 14528935490_1ee35e7065_b.jpg (177KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
14528935490_1ee35e7065_b.jpg
177KB, 640x960px
I passed on the tk ninja, yeah he was kinda cool but that star warrior kept popping up. I'm going to save my money for him.

I wonder if they would sell more of they had 48 hour sales. It's not like they are in a hurry to get them sold and out the door.
>>
Look at these tq ladies... I hate the high heels and the dead eyes, but they show promise.
>>
>>4317260

>high heels on sneakers

fucking why
>>
>>4317253
Those aren't coming anytime soon mate.
>>
>>4316332
At least a small run means they will ship on time, maybe early like the square set.
>>
File: tumblr_n7svn9F6Em1r3gb3zo1_400.gif (2MB, 350x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7svn9F6Em1r3gb3zo1_400.gif
2MB, 350x219px
>>4317271
That's ok...I collect 3a.. I'm very patient. Nothing comes anytime soon from them mate.
>>
>>4317260

Looks like no WWR news. Ah well.
>>
>>4317417
I'm sure a lot of people here miss the days when WWR was Ash's favorite child but it's nice to see other lines getting their time to shine, TK and AK in particular had stellar 2013s and are looking great well into 2014 too.
>>
>>4317253
Looking better and better, still can't bring myself to grab one, they lack armor, and I hate shorts.
>>4317260
Why does he always put high heels on? Can't we get regular converse like the good old days?>>4317431
It'll come back, truthfully I'm happy about that, I liked way too many of those designs, I'd be instantly broke if he was pumping them out like the old days!

FOR EVERYONE WHO MISSED THE NINJA.
Go stalk Kidrobot 3a bst, they'll probably pop up, sometimes guys even buy multiples so that they can sell them at cost to people who missed out.

Could've sworn Ash said there'd be more of them down the line, too.
>>
>>4317280
More people need that mindset
>>
>>4317431
>TK and AK in particular had stellar 2013s
TK is not a line, TKs are characters in the Popbot universe.

>>4317741
>Can't we get regular converse like the good old days?
At least to my knowledge and memory, only one female has ever come with flat-footed Chucks (Little Shadow). And again, unless I'm mistaken, the only other female figure to come with flat-footed shoes is Queeny. Ash loves his feet, and theoretically at least heels are the sexiest way to showcase them.
>>
>>4318195
No doubt they're from Popbot, but TKs have kind of split off into their own toyline now. They're even listed under their own 'Tomorrow Kings' section in WO3A's toys gallery.
>>
>>4318195
I think UKTQ has flat boots.
>>
New shipping notice on the blog, Snowpea + seamonkey and girls and MS74 (again?) Also looks like Shadow Merde shipped unannounced because people already have him.
>>
>>4318792
I'm guessing Iron Man and the Strigoi will be next to ship. Hope Marquis isn't too far off, I want the shirt I got.
>>
>>4318800
If MArquis ships, I should be getting lasstraunaught soon. Want that art book though.
>>
>>4318852
Forgot about the 3AA package, maybe soon because Ash was posting photos of the artbook on his instagram
>>
>>4318875
NICE. Between the shirt I'm going to frame, and the art book, I'll have nice stuff from the 3AA deal. Too bad I didn't buy or middleman much so far.
>>
>>4318882
It's one of the less lewd Lass shirts, I'd personally wear it. Still trying to work up the courage to wear my KDA shirt out lol
>>
>Zomb MD is real edition

I think we may have spoken too soon. Sale is supposedly tomorrow but we still haven't seen any pics of him. Not even teasers aside from the nurse ones on bamba
>>
>>4318889
If it's got lewd shit on it, I wouldn't go for it. Personally, I think that mars a lot of his work and makes it look like high level smutt. The one from this pretty much doesn't have that problem.
>>4319753
>he
Pretty sure they're chicks dude. Zombie chicks, so who knows how well that is.
>>
File: zombmdb.jpg (231KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zombmdb.jpg
231KB, 663x1000px
>>4319873
>>4319753
Nevermind, I think they ditched the female zombie nurses. HEre he is.
>>
>>4319907
Is there a price? I would assault this with dollars.
>>
>>4319911
apparently it's going up 8th of august, going by the image.

Expect the price to be within the 120-220 range. Most likey the lower end, more if he comes with some crazy extras.
>>
>>4319907
Delayed to august 8th huh? Honestly the design doesn't do much for me, looks like a nightmare to pose too due to that sculpted cloak. Doesn't look like he has any head movement at all.

>>4319911
not yet but it will probably be $140, seems to be the standard for more complex human figures.
>>
>>4319925
I'd think Ash would make it out of cloth if anything, unless it's made of that silicon bullshit. But it wonr be a problem if you don't try and pose it much.
>>
>>4319920
3A are pretty bare bones as far as accessories go, but if he has the nurses though I could see it being $300 - $350. As a single figure I think >>4319925 is right. Wu and the recent slicer were both $140
>>
>>4319933
I thought the same but you can tell by the folds around the neck that it is sculpted. Wouldn't be the first time we've had a near immobile figure, remember Sham?
>>
>>4319940
Yes I do, I had her, unintentionally flipped for a profit too after kidrobot wouldn't buy her at sub 100$.

Nom mother had a suit like hers though, worked wonderfully. Maybe it's a temp thing, he might change it if enough people ask, unless he's intentionally supposed to not move much, which I could see being the reason.
>>
>>4319949
Sometimes kidrobot is like that, I just saw someone finally sell their 3AA Blanc hunter for like $70 there jeez. After my recent eBay experience though I think I'll just stick to forums
>>
I hope there's something interesting under the cloak, looks bland as shit so far.
>>
>>4319907
Ditched the nurses? It says 2 pack with nurse right there on the image you posted...
>>
File: BertieEvol02.jpg (277KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
BertieEvol02.jpg
277KB, 864x1296px
>>4318889
>Still trying to work up the courage to wear my KDA shirt out lol
Eh, the KDA shirt is only lewd if you look closely. From a distance or at a casual glance it doesn't really read since her hands and the spacesuit straps are framing her vag and making it less noticeable.

>>4319873
>makes it look like high level smutt
I think the man would be proud to hear you say that.

>>4319907
Looks cool, but the sculpted cloak really isn't anything special and doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's sculpted IMO. If it's gonna be sculpted I wanna see some crazy ripples and folds and torn ends blowing in the wind or something. The way it looks now, he could easily have done a shaped cloak like the EVOL Berties and preserved full poseability. In fact, their cloak shapes are kind of similar to be honest.
>>
File: Wonderfest_5.jpg (641KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderfest_5.jpg
641KB, 1000x667px
So the alternate colorway for Mars was shown off. Looks kinda cool, I dig tan and orange. I'm just still not feelin that headsculpt.
>>
File: of course its a goorin.png (609KB, 640x1070px) Image search: [Google]
of course its a goorin.png
609KB, 640x1070px
>>4320252
>Bertie Evol

Aw man, that looks sick. They're making more WWR stuff again? I've been out of the loop, last one I got was a WWRp Emrgy Caesar and then immediately atferwords I went totally broke. Berties were my first foray into 3a, got a soft spot for em.

Got any more designs on the way? All I could jewgle up was some commanders, squares and a droid?
>>
>>4321276
>MARS
>
That's really the only thing that bugs me.
>>
File: BertieEvol08.jpg (435KB, 1778x868px) Image search: [Google]
BertieEvol08.jpg
435KB, 1778x868px
>>4321371
The first EVOL Plume was put up for preorder a whole back too: Marquis de Plume. But yeah, overall there hasn't been a whole lot of WWR/EVOL stuff lately. Hoping Ash jumps into it full swing next year, it feels like we've been kind of getting only Popbot/Pascha/licensed stuff lately.

The EVOL Bertie is the same Bertie Mk.2 mold, but with a new head (with a scopelike monoeye that is balljointed), new feet with toe joints, and two raygun-looking pistols. Oh, and the cloak, which has a space for the monoeye to peek through. It's also one of the first ThreeA figures to be weathered, but also have a glossy finish. It's an unusual choice, but it's actually kind of cool.
>>
>>4321429
We've been seeing a lot of AK too, it's been a really good year for everything BUT WWR honestly.
>>
File: MEDIC.png (851KB, 800x813px) Image search: [Google]
MEDIC.png
851KB, 800x813px
>>4321429
Goddamn, those lil feets are a massive improvement. Articulated eyes are a huge plus too.

I agree with you I was watching the new release teasers and it just felt like for the past year and a half we've been swimming in TK/Popbot and third party stuff lately.

That Evol Bertie hasn't hit shelves yet has it? If not I can contact my old dealer and ask him to put aside at least one for me.

What other color choices are there besides the white and the black ones?

>Medic Bertie
My nigga. He was the first one I opened, second one already pictured was Dirty Deeds.
>>
>>4321492
Those are the only 2, except for weathered GID secret drops. The black and white ones shipped already and were bundled with AP nom commanders. GID should ship when the JEA set does.
>>
What's Adventure Kartel about?
>>
>>4321550
Fucking adventure, there is a very loose story. It's supposed to be like the Saturday morning cartoon of 3A and you are encouraged to come up with your own story.
>>
>>4321564
that's pretty rad. thank you.
>>
>>4321564
>encouraged to come up with your own story
Glyos does the same thing. Maybe I'm just not very imaginative, but that gimmick just feels so lazy.
>>
>>4321571
To be honest 3A is more about making cool toys than making a comprehensive narrative. Most figures have some established character or backstory, you just fill in the gaps with your imagination. I like it.
>>
>>4321571
The guy made and desgined some cool toys, just because every single one doesn't have a cool backstory doesn't mean it's lazy. It's not a "gimmick" in fact, that's probably one of the most retarded things I've ever heard, there's plenty of things that barely have any story, or had story added to them later down the line.

There's always someone complaining about how the figures have "no story" or something like that. Well, if it's so easy, why don't you do it. Hell, while you're at it, why don't you make a whole book full of characters, make figures out of them, then sell them to people.
>>
>>4321626
One of the reasons I went for a WWR figure is because they seem to have so much individuality and personality behind them. So long as they're not factory-new editions, each that comes out of the hatchery has seen some reasonably serious shit, scuffed and shot to fuck in a hellish war.

There's a lot to infer about the models in that way, I feel. Plenty to fill in by yourself. It's all really neat.
>>
>>4321637
Yeah, they're easy to customize too. Really most of them are, even simple things like how their gear is worn. Taking a look at some of the 1/6th collector websites, you can see the love they put in squads. All with mixed equipment, added armor, modified gear.

You can really just sit there and imagine the kind of things they went through.
>>
File: NOM-Commanders15.jpg (393KB, 1286x1044px) Image search: [Google]
NOM-Commanders15.jpg
393KB, 1286x1044px
>>4321492
>That Evol Bertie hasn't hit shelves yet has it?
It has. It was part of a Portable 3-pack, one Bertie and two NOM Commanders (Post Fire and Thrice Naught). There was also a companion set in all black. The white set was called Emanation, the black set Caliginosity. Preorders went up many months ago, the figures were released about 2 months ago.
>>
Why is it that bots differ in stature within WWR to the extent that they do? Berties, Armstrongs, and Martins feel particularly low to the ground, though large and stout for wielding big stuff, perhaps. Would the longer legs of the Dropcloths and Caesars imply greater propensity for mobility?
>>
>>4321995
Probably. Martins are like artillery platforms more or less, Armstrongs were build for zero/low gravity and saw most of their use on the moon, though their does seem to be a ground type model it doesn't see as much use as the bertie. Dropcloths and Caesars share much in common but caesars are larger and less widespread in use. Both are newer models though they haven't replaced the bertie, which Ash has described as "the AK-47 of the WWR universe".
>>
>>4322056
> all those typos

Fuck, I need to stop typing when I'm tired.
>>
>>4321995
Because it's about style, not functionality.
>>
>>4322056
>>4321995

>>People questioning the practicality of WWR robots.

Jesus is no robot series safe from you faggots?
>>
>>4321492

>>Finally get into WWR this past winter
>>Grab a few cheap things on Kidrobot, but wish I could've bought Berties and Caesars cheap from Bamba
>>I AM SO READY THIS TIME

>>MFW TK and Popbot all year

I guess there's going to be a GIANT Mighty Square sale soon. Also people keep talking about a new wave of retail Dropcloth 1.5s but I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>4323536
>>4323564
I legitimately see a lot of reasoning and purpose with some of the robot designs in WWR. While it's by no means hard sci-fi, there's no harm in the speculation and I enjoy it very much either way. What are your favorite Wood bots, anons?
>>
Dead Cosmonaut Golovorez has been delayed another month, it seems.
Great news. I just ordered it last week on a dodgy French site so I could open a dispute if they never shipped it...
>>
>>4323798
Looks-wise, my absolute favorites are the OG Berties. They're just so well-designed. For playing though, my favorites are probably Armstrongs.
>>
>>4323798
Brambles are best. Always have been. Even with their impractical feet and horribly hindered field of view, I love them.
>>
File: IMG-20140730.jpg (507KB, 1010x1230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140730.jpg
507KB, 1010x1230px
post your newest stuff, or don't i'm not a cop.
>>
>>4323798
I like pops a lot, dem tubes. Also brambles, I still need to get one.
>>
File: MOOOOON.png (1MB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOON.png
1MB, 800x1066px
>>4323839
My favorite for a long time has been Armstrongs, I can't get over how good this paint scene was.

The articulated eye (only one of its kind on a bot for awhile), the jetpack with articulated thrusters and that overall impractical design earned him a permanent spot on my shelf. Only thing I could have ever asked for was more bots in this colorway ;_;
>>
File: arm-group3.jpg (54KB, 1000x368px) Image search: [Google]
arm-group3.jpg
54KB, 1000x368px
>>4324204
that reminds me... I really need to trackdown some of the later armstrong portables. Medics are my shit.
>>
>>4324204
One thing I adore about the Armstrong is it's tall, judging stance. That single rotary eye sitting high atop its perch, gazing at everything below it like an ant.

I even like the design. Looks like a big robot with a low center of gravity, plenty of space for a large internal computer for advanced routines, and a jetpack to get around and screw stuff up on the moon.
>>
File: your move punk.png (922KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
your move punk.png
922KB, 800x730px
>>4324215
Yes. That sums up what I like about them nicely.

They make the best commandos.
>>
>>4323810
Considering how long they took to release the Bambaland versions it should not be a massive suprise. Also you really shouldnt pre-order 3A stuff until its announced its shipped to retail, especially not from sketchy sites.

But this is typical of 3A, so enjoy your stay. Luckily I like very few of their products and most of the ones I do like go to retail.
>>
>>4324717
Thought he was out? I saw people's photos of the red Astro on the blog.
>>
>>4324717
Yeah, I heard about the Bambaland delays.
I just assumed 3A would get their act together for a retail release.
They're not dealing with (im)patient fans now, but stores and distributors. Can't leave them hanging forever, I figured.
I thought they'd have less trouble with a repaint as well, but I guess not.

I don't own any 3A figures yet, so I'm kinda new to this thing.
Hopefully they'll be able to get them out there in august, when I'm still covered by paypal.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2879x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2879x2448px
>m-metal gear?!
>>
>>4324880
Whoa whoa, wait, is the Seamonkey out already? And is that your photo? If so, please post some impressions/a mini-review!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>4324880
>ZA BOSU?!?
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 225x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 225x160px
>>4324888
Heh yeah it arrived. I just got tracking this morning and it arrived when I got home. 3A hasnt really been keeping up with getting tracking out on time/when it ships so it was a nice surprise to have it here today I guess.

I ordered the 3AA white underverse pilot too but it shipped via SAL so it wont be here I guess for another week or so. Strange why they wouldnt ship same method but oh well.

I just got home from work. Im gonna fix myself something to eat. Ill be willing to post more photos tonight posing it with figmas. First impressions are pretty good though.
>>
File: image:.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm making a thing
>>
>>4324905
Nice a nurgle themed square? Were you doing these before? i saw someone on KR selling custom bots with very 40k chaos like bots.
>>
>>4324905
I'm not a fan of high gloss on thinks like that... but looks good

Is that pinupart in the corner? Cool.
>>
>>4324909
Ahh, you mean these? I was actually tempted to buy, they're some of the coolest 3A customs I've seen in a while. The only thing holding me back is those horrendous cartoony slime drips. They clash with the whole aesthetic.
>>
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4324910
It's gonna be flat coated, I'm just waiting for the urethane to cure.

it is a pin up, there is a larger one on the side.

>>4324909
This is my first one :)
>>
>>4324914
Yes exactly. Those. Yeah I was tempted nice work for sure but yeah the slime doesnt really fit. Wanted to get them but decided not to since they wouldnt really fit with any of my displays
>>
File: b.jpg (558KB, 1697x1818px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
558KB, 1697x1818px
>>4324914
The sculptwork on the body is really nice, reminds me of the work of Zdzis?aw Beksi?ski.
>>
File: civil emergency.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
civil emergency.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
HALT!

EMGY Dropcloth arrived earlier today. Holy fuck is he cool. Big, too. Absolutely superb figure. Really doesn't look like you can go too wrong with 3A.

First thing I did was stick the holsters right up front and swap the bags around.
>>
>>4324975
Nice, that's one of my favorite recent releases. Between the dual pistols, cleaver, SMG, baton, and riot shield, there are a ton of options for display or play. The mini-shields on his arms are cool as fuck too, for blocking shots or bashing in heads.
>>
>>4324975
I really love EMGY colorway but haven't gotten any yet. Trying to stick to collecting all of JEA first before setting my wallet further on fire :/
>>
>>4324941
He's one of my favorite artists!
>>
>>4323798
Popbot for me, love that lanky bastard.

From WWR I guess it'd be Mk2 Berties. I don't own a Caesar yet, but every time see one I wonder why the fuck I don't, they're pretty awesome looking too.
>>
File: bertiepainting.jpg (318KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
bertiepainting.jpg
318KB, 750x563px
>>4323798
This was one of the very first things I saw once I started looking up 3A, so Berties of all types have kind of been special.
>>
>>4325404
I love stick legs Bertie, bramble looks odd though.
>>
>>4325379
Portable Caesars are Dropcloth levels of fun, from what I hear 1/6 are just too big though.
>>
File: GUL_6545 - Copy.jpg (261KB, 1019x787px) Image search: [Google]
GUL_6545 - Copy.jpg
261KB, 1019x787px
All done.
>>
File: 1404103267578.jpg (59KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1404103267578.jpg
59KB, 682x1024px
>>4326425
Oh nice! It's like a skeletal, stripped-down Foursquare (I imagine those spidery mechanical limbs are what is contained inside the chunky legs of the "official" model). Where did you get the legs from?
>>
>>4326425
Damn good paint job, only thing I'd change is drill out barrels on the guns.
>>
File: Rotf-insecticon-toy-scout-2.jpg (50KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
Rotf-insecticon-toy-scout-2.jpg
50KB, 752x564px
>>4326472
Thanks, the legs are from a transformers insecticon

>>4326498
Hey thanks man, you know I actually agree about the gun barrels, I'll probably go back and fix that at some point.
>>
Any britfags know where's best to pick 3a products up, preferably 1/6th. Amazon a shit.
>>
>>4327581
Hit up one of the Britfag sellers on the KidRobot forums. There are at least a few guys I see regularly. You'll want to register an account, then head to the Kitchen Sink -> ThreeA BST thread and look through the last few pages, which have the latest listings. On a side note, I think you're not allowed to private message people (to conduct sales/trades) until you've built up a certain number of posts, like 10 or 15 or some shit. So just go into some other random Kitchen Sink threads (like "what are you playing?" or "what are you listening to?") and post replies to fill up your quota fast. I mean, don't spam or shitpost or anything, that shit will get you banned, just post decent replies in some unimportant threads, you feel me?

There's also OneSixthBruce, which is UK-based. They only get retail releases of course, but that may be helpful to you anyway.
>>
>>4327598
The quota is 5 posts iirc
>>
>>4321626
>one of the most retarded things I've ever heard
Stopped reading right there. Fucking drama queen.
>>
Will SeaMonkey be released at retailers or do i have to go off of the secondary market now?
>>
>>4328033
Secondary. It amazes me how long Seamonkey has been in the works though, Ash has been working on it with Kenny since like 2009. Too bad we never saw the 1/6 version released.
>>
>>4328067
It'd need to be really huge, and made out of hard plastic with little to no vynil. I guess he figured it'd be more cost effective to do it this way.
>>
>>4328074
And honestly nobody would have room for the 1/6 anyways.
>>
File: static.squarespace.jpg (474KB, 750x1131px) Image search: [Google]
static.squarespace.jpg
474KB, 750x1131px
So, the nurse's picture is up. I figured ash wouldn't make a female zomb, she's human...or a robot thing I guess.
>>
>>4328869
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRxT18ADSo
>>
what if it was world war rapebot

and the trashcan/tampon/box robots all had enormous dicks attached to them

and their purpose was to fuck people and other machines to death

and combat would consist primarily of robots with jackhammer dildo fingers breaching eachothers hulls and making sweet, traumatic love to everything inside

and darwin was just on the moon fucking laughing his ass off
>>
>>4328869
>I figured ash wouldn't make a female zomb, she's human...or a robot thing I guess.
Why do you think she's not a zomb? Her skin is a dusty bone-white, her hands look like they have that gnarled zomb look to them, and we can't see her face yet. The only thing that might say robot to me is the cord, but knowing Ash, that might be something else than a power cord. We'll see.
>>
>>4329840
I'm sure you think this is wildly funny and all but the main plot of Popbot is actually sex toy robots revolting against their human masters
>>
>>4329870
It's the only consistent element in the entire book
>>
>>4328869
That cable seems so out of place.
>>
>>4324975
The bots are pretty much always superb, its their human designs and cloth heavy pieces that vary.
>>
>>4328869
Is that a hose in her butt for eating farts?
>>
File: shield.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I really like the shield, even with the disparity in paint scheme. Still can't stop gushing over this droppie.
>>
File: 1407002292563.jpg (890KB, 1224x1632px)
1407002292563.jpg
890KB, 1224x1632px
>>4330742
Y'all niggas need to learn to white balance.

Did what I could, its too nice of a figure to take a shitty picture of it.
>>
>>4330931
please forgive me. i appreciate the work. cell phone cameras and all.
>>
File: 482760215.jpg (6KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
482760215.jpg
6KB, 246x205px
>>4330964
Most cell phone cameras have a range of shooting settings, to include white balance.

I know I sound like a super autist, but this is a picture board, and pictures are really the only window we have for showing people things.
>>
>>4330975
I will have to actually take the time to dick with the settings on the next occasion that I'm taking pictures. Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>4330742
Yeah, the shield weathering style was a really divisive choice. A lot of people were mad about that, since it didn't match their existing EMGY squads. I like it personally, I think it's well done, but I do have to agree, it doesn't really match any other EMGY stuff--not even the very bot it comes with.
>>
File: Ryanplsrespond.jpg (47KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
Ryanplsrespond.jpg
47KB, 441x441px
>>4330978
It's fine.
>>
>>4334189
What a turn around from the first teaser, this looks fucking incredible. Even the official forums hated him when he was first shown, now everyone loves it. If I hadn't just bought ninja and one of my grails I'd be all over this.
>>
>>4334189
GODDAMN that's a cool headsculpt. Too bad I'm thoroughly tapped on on toy budget right now.
>>
These are fart eating toys for fart eaters. Did anyone else notice we removed Baka?
>>
>>4334189
Can't wait for the 1/12 scale release!
>>
>>4334365
It'll never happen y-you.. ACTION POORFAG! Ashley Wood is focusing on the real 1/6 toys for now. Guess you'd better save up for those Micronauts.
>>
>>4334365
Sadly, >>4334378 is right. AP's really sorta been on the backburner lately, and they've fallen so far behind at this point there may be no reasonable hope of ever catching up again. Not to mention Ash is starting up a whole new scale to contend with, the Megos. I wouldn't hold my breath for an AP Zomb MD anytime soon, or maybe ever.
>>
Can the 1/6th scale figures fit in a detolf?

I've avoided the 1/6th scale toys in the past because they are just so fucking huge. I mean I love my zaku, but hes just so fucking bulking, it can be a pain in the ass posing him.
>>
>>4334442
I have something that is essentially a deltof. If you pose the bots dynamically, you can. If you have 1/6th figures, it's really easy to do. Each square cube for display is about 18" tall, right? It'd be common sense that they would!

Makes sure you don't crowd the display square though, three a square seems to look decent.
>>
>>4334442
Yup, sure they can! These guys are all 1/6.

And yeah, the Zaku is extra-large. Plus he's actually not 1/6 scale, he's 1/60 scale.
>>
File: detolfs.jpg (199KB, 800x787px)
detolfs.jpg
199KB, 800x787px
>>4334452
Shit, forgot my pic.
>>
File: impressive.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
impressive.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>4334453
LES MORT 13! IMPRESSIVE!
>>
>>4334453
Wow, you got some rare pieces, the skull dude and the first DIY de plume.
Jesus.
>>
>>4334453
>Kiba
>Hatchery Guard
Jelly
>Naga but not Yama
why
>>
>>4334458
>>4334459
Not my collection unfortunately, just a pic I saved. I WISH that was my collection, dude has the 1/6 DIY and Hatchery Guard.
>>
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4334453
>>4334452
>>4334447
Thanks for the responces! My collection is pretty small at the moment, but i would like to expand it with a at the very least a popbot, heavy bramble, and drop cloth.

Those 1/6 brambles look REALLY nice and I think would scale nicely with my 1/12 Ceasars. Besides the bramble I'll probably stick with 1/12 for the bots and get 1/6th versions of one of figures that I like such as iron mongrol.

also
> 1 tan detolf, 2 black. Are you me?
>>
File: 1407170366267.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1407170366267.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>4334453
>>4334452
>>4334447
Thanks for the responces! My collection is pretty small at the moment, but i would like to expand it with a at the very least a popbot, heavy bramble, and drop cloth.

Those 1/6 brambles look REALLY nice and I think would scale nicely with my 1/12 Ceasars. Besides the bramble I'll probably stick with 1/12 for the bots and get 1/6th versions of one of figures that I like such as iron mongrol.

also
> 1 tan detolf, 2 black. Are you me?
>>
>>4334498
Yes, there is a big empty ball joint socket unfortunately :/

The ceasar is one of those toys that you really need to have in hand to appreciate, pictures just dont do it justice. I was hooked after my first one.
>>
Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds it goofy Lasstranauts 3AA Package gets a extra bonus for "patients" when my Lost Planet Merc is severely late and its hardly the only order like this. So much shit is late and we get nothing normally, but this shit is currently on time and they do this.
>>
>>4334498
These figures aren't meant to come apart. If that shield is removed it'll never fit properly again. Hopefully no one is tricked by you.
>>
>>4335738

The shoulders on Caesars are vinyl.

Large Martins and Dropcloths for that matter.
>>
>>4335260
When or where was that ever announced i havent seent it on the blog recently that lass was getting a bonus
>>
>>4335841
On the 'new' 3A instagram account - http://instagram.com/wedonttalkaboutlove3a

Ash renamed his previous account to 'ashleywoodart' and now just posts his artworks there, and 3A stuff on the new account.

I just want Lass and the artbook, the patch is nothing special. It'll show up when it shows up and the waiting doesn't rustle my jimmies either way, but I guess any bonus is welcome.
>>
>>4336036
Sweet, I honestly like this. Still going to flip Lass on ebay, not too keen on having her in a display, more or less waiting on Wu more than anything.

The t-shirt and the artbook are cooler than her by a mile.
>>
File: pb-05.jpg (108KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pb-05.jpg
108KB, 800x1200px
Got my SDCC Pashcaborg today. It's weird and cool. I like her a lot. I was surprised that the torso is made of transparent soft vinyl stuff like the regular female bodies, I expected it all to be hard plastic.
>>
>>4336036
Yeah its nothing amazing but it is still something for essentially nothing under some weird ass logic.

I feel like Ash just felt like making this patch for some reason and added it into the bundle. But I feel like presenting it as compensation for "patients" is retarded, if they actually gave a shit almost all of their late orders would have some sort of bonus, but they don't. So why do it now on an order that isn't late?

Tldr: They should have just said they are also throwing in a patch, and not tried to make it out as some gift for being "patient".
>>
>>4336240
I feel similarly, the flipside being, maybe he means the wit in general, as Lass was requested for a long timme since the line started?
>>
>>4336406
Perhaps. But honestly that's kind of silly as well considering how long he has made people wait for things to even reach pre order like Archer and such. Maybe he thinks doing this sort of unpredictable nonsense is funny but its really not, when money is involved I don't like surprises unless they consistently happen in a pattern and when it feels warranted.

I just wish they would actually start doing this with all their 3+ month later orders unless it will slow them down more significantly. And I'm not talking big things, I would almost say that they should throw in extra accessories like the ones from 3AA sets when things are late. If heavy was late give the buyers some recolored boxing gloves, if the Lost Planet Mercenary is late pack in some more weapons from in game and so on.

My point is they could give people bonuses and have them take very little work.
>>
>>4336538
>I don't like surprises unless they consistently happen in a pattern and when it feels warranted.
Then it's not a surprise. It's a token of appreciation, albeit it should've gone to figures that were later, but there's nothing to be done about it now.

I don't think you know how much work that would actually require though. You have to pay a sculptor, then pay to have a mold made, then pay to have it produced/painted/shipped, then pay the workers. That's a lot of money to offset waiting a few weeks. A patch is easy, bonus weapons and parts are not.

If he'd started making those weapon packs everyone wants, maybe he could've thrown those in, but he can't. I think you're expecting too much from waiting a bit too long, despite me agreeing with you on the point that something should've been done to compensate longer orders.
>>
Even though it's far from the latest 3A item in history, they're probably throwing in a little extra here because this is a 3AA pack. Compared to the maybe four people who bought lost planet thing way back when there are a huge number of people waiting for their membership packs.
>>
File: Zomb MD.jpg (282KB, 500x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Zomb MD.jpg
282KB, 500x1024px
ZOMB MD AND ALBINO NURSE SET ( AKLUB ) $280

BLACK ROSE ZOMB NURSE ( NOT AKLUB ) $120
>>
File: 114312433455.jpg (360KB, 580x1200px) Image search: [Google]
114312433455.jpg
360KB, 580x1200px
>>
>>4338348
Ok i was liking the nurses until now. I mean fuck that face. So mannish. Its seriously like they just popped rehels head on, its fucking disgusting. Dropped so fast.
>>
I'd rather buy the doctor separately, but that doesn't seem to be possible.
>>
>>4338519
Lurk Kidrobot on drop night, someone will probably want to be splitting the set.
>>
>>4338498
Ehh, I don't see it. Like, at all. When you said "like Rehel's face" I was anticpating some twisted, heavily lined zomb abomination when I opened the pic. But NOPE. That's a pretty fucking ordinary ThreeA female facesculpt, with the standard triangular nose and upturned "v" mouth. The only thing that really looks zomb about it is the drip of drool (and possibly the hands, but they're not zomb enough almost--everyone in the ThreeA universe has angular hands to begin with). And yeah, I don't really see the alleged mannishness either. I mean, they do seem to have longer, pointier chins than other females (which usually have very rounded faces) but it's not enough that I'd call it
"mannish."

I'd probably be happy to have these gals on my shelf. If I weren't broke atm and out of display space, that is.
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.