[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 36

File: 1501204173263.jpg (855KB, 1500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1501204173263.jpg
855KB, 1500x673px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to ShadowNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>55307355
>Changing_Ownership.knwsft
>Tag_Eraser_Overclocking_Guide.zdf
>Mafia_Fence.contact
>Stolen_Goods__How_Much_Is_Too_Much?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1052 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, what the fuck? What's with the mayo on that gun?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Cleptomania.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Looting Edition
How much do you loot?
>>
>>55332103
Give me ideas for stuff to buy for 10000 nuyen
>>
>>55332134
First: Not the CGL books
Second: What is your Edition, archetype and present gear and ware
>>
>>55332103
>How much do you loot?

Very little in the way of physical items. Getting rid of tracers and ownership reset is annoying, and hot items tend to sell poorly.

Paydata, on the other hand... We LOVE paydata. Our info broker says that if we ever stop running he's out of job too, and we're not certain he's joking.
>>
>>55332103
Define 'looting'. We steal a lot of shit, often in the middle of a job, but we always dump it afterwards because its hard to take care of all the ownership bullshit and we only needed it for a bit.
We once stole a little old ladies americar after plans A-E failed, leaving us with only Plan F. Broke her hip pulling her out of the drivers seat. I felt kind of bad about that one.
>>
>want to get a vehicle for my ex south african mercenary gunadept/driver to use
>realize he would gravitate towards shit like the jeep because he'd be more used to them
>everything is just so shit compared to the hyundai
Should I just gave in and get him the shitty sedan, or just barebones the jeep until I get enough nuyen from runs to mod it?
>>
What breaks if you unify the grids?
>>
>>55332754
Data Balkanisation?
>>
>>55332754
My heart
Pfft, fat chance. Not much actually. One penalty gets lost. One which most don't actually care about.
>>
>>55332870
nah, just because there is only one grid doesn't mean that everything is accessible to everyone.
>>
>>55332877
Anything not on a host archive is hackable by everyone, unless it's in an encrypted folder, in which case you have to hack the folder first. Putting it all on the same grid just makes it easier to do, as there are no cross-grid penalties.
>>
What does everyone here think of the alternative Mystic Adepts in Forbidden Arcane? Specifically, how do you deal with/house rule the magic groups, (Conjuring, Sorcery, Enchanting), they have access to?

Semi-officially, they weren't suppose to have Astral Perception as a free ability and must still purchase it as a Power.

tl;dr How do you house rule mysads in FA regarding access to the three magical groups?
>>
>>55332892
>host/archive
>>
>>55332661
Ignore Speed and Handling - what you should actually care about is Body and Armor. Grab yourself a Gopher - it's a pickup truck that can easily be refluffed as a technical.
>>
>>55332897
>Semi-officially, they weren't suppose to have Astral Perception as a free ability and must still purchase it as a Power.
No shit. Why do you say that like it's news?

>What does everyone here think of the alternative Mystic Adepts in Forbidden Arcane?
Very few fucks have been given.
>>
File: Runner.pdf (68KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Runner.pdf
68KB, 1x1px
How am I doing with my amnesiac Gunslinger Adept?
>>
>>55333508
Your fuckery is very helpful. I mentioned the errata to AP for Mystic Adept for anyone unaware to avoid.any incorrect advice or confusion. Happy?
>>
>>55333776
>errata

>MYSTIC ADEPTS
>• Mystic adepts are a combination of magicians and adepts.
>• Mystic adepts never astrally project.
>• Mystic adepts can astrally perceive if they purchase the Astral Perception adept power.

Core rulebook, page 69.

What the fuck do you think errata is?
>>
>>55332897
>Semi-officially
>>
>>55333734
swapping reaction and intuition is strictly better, as your initiative and defence will be unchanged but intuition will give you higher knowledge skill on the side, whereas reaction does nothing else for you.
Also killing hands isn't really doing much for you as you have better sources of physical damage and could be replaced with an extra level of improved ability. Also why not harden the ColtM23, you're just as likely, if not more-so to bash with it as your pistols.
>>
>>55333776
IF you're referring to the table on p47 of Forbidden Arcana showing them being able to astrally percieve, well CGL fucked up, in other news water is wet.
>>
>>55333948
There was an error in the Forbidden Arcane book that read Mystic Adepts get Astral Perception for free. Next question?

>>55333959
Ruling was weighed in by the freelancer that worked on that section of the book on reddit. Here's the link if you don't believe me. https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/68wf2v/shadowrun_forbidden_arcana_is_out/dh2v49m/

>inb4 autists that will complain about Reddit links.
>>
>>55334006
I just mentioned for those that weren't aware.

The main question was how do you deal with balancing Mystic Adepts? I decided to use ShadowNET's house rule.

"Mystic Adepts choose one magic group, i.e. Conjuring, Enchanting, and Sorcery, to NOT have access to."
>>
>>55334058
Not choosing Enchanting isnt a punishment, it's the default.
>>
>>55333966
Nice. Forgot to harden the Colt M23.
>>
>>55334058
>Enchanting
>NOT have access
100% of the time.
>>
>>55334058
Pfft. Block enchanting, buy a talismonger contact. Quality houserule there.

Personally I just go with the old 4e rules where they have to split their magic between PP and spellcasting if it ever comes up, but most of the time the character concepts get vetoed before they hit the table due to munchkinery anyway.
>>
>>55334058
>Mystic Adepts choose one magic group, i.e. Conjuring, Enchanting, and Sorcery, to NOT have access to

Not good enough, choosing enchanting changes nothing. If anything they should only have access to one magic group, like aspected.
>>
>>55334058
>The main question was how do you deal with balancing Mystic Adepts?
I mean, how often do you even see mystic adepts? They're supposed to be so rare that even a single one in a city is incredible. How often does someone having a character concept that absolutely requires being a Mystic Adept, instead of either a regular Magician or an Adept with the Adept Spell power, even come up?
>>
yo yekka m8

any chance I could mayhaps help out finding the reason for the crashes? Anything you need?
It's been bugging me and my group for some weeks now :( Really anxious to see it fixed, if possible
>>
>>55334198
Dev cant help if you cant show how crashes happen
>>
>>55334237
>>55334198
that's the issue; It's seemingly random and not obviously tied to anything that I can think of. It happens in the Street gear tab or when addind new Ware, etc.

Is there any way to log what the program does?
>>
So music from say the 70s/80s is still a thing in Shadowrun right? I want to make a flamboyant music connoisseur decker named Ziggy.
>>
>>55334314
>So music from say the 70s/80s is still a thing in Shadowrun right?
Absurdly, most 20th century media was lost in the First Crash.

Conveniently, that means that you can be 70s/80s as fuck and most people in-universe won't even realize you're being retro.
>>
>>55334183
>I mean, how often do you even see mystic adepts?
All the time considering everyone wants to be the magic monk.
>>
>>55334622
>or an Adept with the Adept Spell power
>>
>>55334622
You should kick them straight in the dick. Mystic adepts are orders of magnitude rarer than Magicians, which are themselves orders of magnitude rarer than other types of Awakened, which are themselves only 1% of the population.

Mystic Adept is one of those things that shouldn't even be in the Core, because Mystic Adepts are even rarer than most metavariants.
>>
>>55334576
>hardcore music nerd finds some scraps of old music (that then become his most treasured possession)
>uses part of it for his street name
>nobody calls him out for ripping it off
I like this idea.
>>
>>55334681
>I like this idea.
You should. One of the concepts originally baked into 1e was that people would go on 'lostech' shadowruns, where they do D&D-style dungeon delves of facilities that got abandoned after the Crash, having to deal with automated security systems (traps) and paracritter infestations (monsters) as they try to get to the prototypes and data stored deep within (treasure).

Imagine being a Shadowrunner who found some dead scientist's iPod and spent the better part of several years salvaging the antiquated data as a personal project (because that shit ain't easy when there's no compatible hardware anymore), and, as a reward, ending up with hundreds of 20th century music that nobody's ever heard before.

Music by an androgynous martian, colorfully-dressed beetles, and what he believes is an album recorded on an airship made of lead.

Corporations pay big money for that kind of stuff - media that was a proven success in the past but which has lapsed into the public domain, so that they can pull a Disney and make bank off of it now that nobody's ever heard of it.
>>
>>55334666
Wouldn't most be in a corp either being studied or working for them? They're as useful as mages with the added ability to be masters of infiltration and melee combat. I can imagine a duo of Knight-errant cops chasing after some thief and end up asking them if they want a job after having to duck under telekinetically thrown trash cans and flaming fists.
>>
>>55334871
Awakened are recruited by corps more aggressively than any other type of person, yes. Bar none.
>>
Eiger is my waifu
>>
What's the best 2 Essence with of 'ware to get as a melee Adept? I'm thinking I'll start off with 2 partial Cyberlegs for mobility enhancement. Hydraulic jacks, skimmers, etc.

What else should I grab? Platelet Factories, Pain Editor? Maybe Agility augmentation?

I'm going to be using non-strength-based weapons.
>>
>>55336537
Muscle Toner, Pain Editor and Adapsin
>>
>>55336537
You can fit 3 Armor, 5 Hydraulic Jacks, and Skimmers into Lower Legs, they're a pair of real winners. With an eventual Toner 4 and a Pain Editor, you should be under 2 Essence loss.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170723-233340.png (89KB, 1080x444px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170723-233340.png
89KB, 1080x444px
>>55336368
>>
File: 1504178345867.jpg (21KB, 328x559px) Image search: [Google]
1504178345867.jpg
21KB, 328x559px
>>55336839
>>
>>55336839
Meh, I've seen worse backstories.
>>
>>55337272
>Meh, I've seen worse backstories.
Such as?
>>
>>55337318
Not that guy, but if you take that same paragraph and replace "vored" with "impregnated" and add "and my character is the resulting child" to the end, that'd be worse.
>>
>>55336839
what the fuck is this
>>
>>55338081
This is what you feel when you get hit by psychotropic ICE
>>
Does anyone happen to have some chummer character saves for basic npcs?
>>
>>55336839
I missed this.
>>
>>55338204
seriously

pleas explain
>>
>>55338620
It's a compilation of shit that's supposed to trigger /srg/. Unfortunately it's been so overused that all it does is confuse newfags. Exposure leads to immunity, you'll get over it.
>>
>>55338620
basically Exposure therapy for /srg/
>>
>>55332103
One of my characters once broke into an apartment to steal food.
>>
>>55332103
My players have all sorts of random junk.

>3 makeshift badges
>13 or 14 boxes of to-go pancakes
>a peg-leg

I had to break them from trying to loot every corpse of anything useful.
>>
>>55339074
Was anyone there?
>>
>>55339167
>>3 makeshift badges
I first read that as
>3 makeshift badgers
>>
>>55339186
Of course not.
>>
>>55336646
Adapsin is a bad investment unless you're going deep into cyber. It only saves you .1 Essence per 1 full point of cyberware. Since it costs .2 Essence, that means you need at least 2 full Essence of cyberware before you even break even on it.

This guy only wants to spend 2 Essence on his Adept build, which means 1.8 Essence left for 'ware. Even if he dedicated 100% of that to cyberware, and nothing to bioware, he'd be getting .18 Essence of savings for .2 Essence costs.

Adapsin is great for someone with Wired Reflexes and Bone Lacing. It's really bad, though, for an Adept spending 2 or less Essence on 'ware.
>>
>>55339204
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. I can't believe some of the stupid shit they come up with.
>>
>>55339536
such as?
>>
>>55339590
>we need to get from seattle to vancouver, right?
>so, like, what if we just magically lifted our van over the mountains

>we're surrounded by these goons
>what if we pull out a fake badge and bluff that they're surrounded by KE

>what if i control thoughts to literally everyone in this room

They're fun, but they have retarded ideas.
>>
>>55332754
Absolutely nothing because anything of importance is on Hosts, not on the grid.
>>
>>55339649
>>what if i control thoughts to literally everyone in this room
But that's fucking genius.
>>
>>55339976
Not when he failed the first roll. He had no back-up plan. Noone in the room was hostile to him.
>>
>>55334666
Do you need to be reminded again that shadowrunners are themselves a tiny minority and thus their population count is going to be skewed, especially towards the more powerful and outlandish options, those with the power to reject society and the freaks who are rejected by it to begin with?
>>55334871
The same applies to regular mages. Also most of the time shadowrunners work for corporations, so they may deliberately not real someone in if they see them as more useful as a deniable asset.
>>
>>55334058
I don't I find that they balance themselves by trying to wear too many hats, hell I find standard mages sufer a pretty onerous skill tax in priority, god forbid you want your mage to be a metatype other than elf.
>>
How do I make a troll mage?
>>
>>55340389
with difficulty, depending on what build method?
>>
>>55340389
Sum to X or buildpoints.
>>
>>55340389
be a mage, get your MAG somewhat high, raise your BOD, overcast
>>
What about those expanded apprentice magician types in Forbidden Arcana? They any good?
>>
>>55340433
First, accept that you will be poor, you are going to have jack all priority to devote to resources. Second consider going aspected, now that dedicated spellslinger is a thing care of Forbidden Arcana aspected sorcerers aren't a bad choice. it's most optimal to pick an intuition based tradition as you're going to be pressed for stat points, intuition can do quadruple duty contributing to your drain, initiative, defence and knowledge skills. Decide whether you want to raise your strength or not, the base troll strength of 5 is probably enough for most purposes, but being able to whack someone hard could be a handy fallback, especially if you can get yourself a weapon focus at some point. put the maximum 10 karma into starting resources, you'll need it, layer as much armour you can, even with base strength you can carry a riot shield without penalty.
>>
How do I teach my players common sense without being a complete asshole gm?
>>
>>55340844
Give them a fair OOC warning and and an in universe warning, then stop pulling punches for stupid shit.
>>
>>55340844
There are two ways to learn: Experience and/or teaching.
>>
>>55340844
Have them encounter a proper runner team in a mission and show them how things should be done.
>>
>>55340844
After action reports, pointing out things they could have done differently, and making them read the 2D storytime.
>>
File: Troll Aspected Mage.pdf (67KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Aspected Mage.pdf
67KB, 1x1px
>>55340640
Here's an example Sum to 10, priorities metatype B(3), Attributes C(2), Magic B(3), Skills C(2), resources E(0). This is rushed so I can't say it's the best, but I think it's a least serviceable as a proof of concept.
>>
>>55334296
You can try enabling debug logging, but it's not a very robust system. Best would be attaching a debugger or grabbing the exception details when it crashes.
>>
What is Moscow like in the 6th world? I'm working on making a campaign there but the books only give the city a few paragraphs.
>>
>>55341643
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6ye2zq/world_builder_wednesday_shadows_of_moscow/
>>
>>55332103
If it ain't nailed down, we take it. If it is we take the nails too. Chuck it all into a shielded van and sell it to out Fence to scrub and sell to other runners. I'm pretty sure he's sold us some of our old loot back to us at one time or another. That man is wizard at making surplus gear turn into quick cash and disappear.
>>
Has anyone come up with cool custom traditions?
>>
>>55342852
Yeah, I-
>cool
Oh, then no.
>>
>>55343209
Well, let's hear it anyway. It can't be that bad can it?
>>
>>55334658
Magic monks need more than one spell to be Goku
>>
How often do the first session of your campaigns go off completely without combat?
>>
>>55343420
Never, ideally.
>>
How do you make a Mystic Adept that isn't a hilariously mediocre at best character?
>>
>>55343534
Powerblade
>>
>>55343559
Powerblade is utter garbage.
>>
>>55343578

He said one that isn't hilariously mediocre, not one that is actually good.
>>
>>55343585
>at best
>>
>>55343600
And a mysad that uses powerblade isn't hilariously mediocre at best either.
>>
How do I enable custom items in chummer 4e that allow me to actually change the cost values of the items I make?

I miss all the quality of life options of 5e chummer.
>>
>>55343578
It's utter garbage for Adept Spell, but if you overcast it at something like Force 12 it gets good.
>>
File: 2RBymd2.png (481KB, 1834x671px) Image search: [Google]
2RBymd2.png
481KB, 1834x671px
>>55342852
>>
>>55343766
I'd follow Zyzz.
>>
>>55343643
It's worse. I want something better than that. Hence "at best".
>>
>>55343757
Custom Item doesn't work in 4e, the code to create the custom name isn't there. You'd have to use custom xmls.
http://chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Data-File-Overview-sr5.ashx
>>
Hey chummers. How would you stat a Spirit of Music?
>>
File: au24_60r.gif (24KB, 684x673px) Image search: [Google]
au24_60r.gif
24KB, 684x673px
How would one classify a magical tradition who's spirits are from the Ars Goeta? I'm torn between Hermetic and Quaballic.
>>
>>55343892
Spirit of Man with perform skill.
>>
>>55343892
Shorthand option would be a Task Spirit with Performance as their optional skill.

Cool option would be Spirit of Music with high CHA, Performance, Con, etc. Would be bad in combat but is good back up singer for your band.
>>
File: Seal of Solomon.png (438KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Seal of Solomon.png
438KB, 2000x2000px
>>55344129
The Lesser Seal of Solomon is mentioned as one of the texts early hermetics used when starting their tradition, though the elementals they ended up with don't have a lot to do with the demons therein.

That said, I can see a nonreligious Kabbalist using it instead of elohim.
>>
So are the events of shadowrun HK canon? In Anarchy theres an example mission involving getting the laser you stole in the game off of Gaichu. What do you think happened to the team in the past 20 years?
>>
>>55344438
If I remember right, no.
>>
>>55344438
>So are the events of shadowrun HK canon?
Ambiguously, yes. Same as the other HB SR games. I like to think of them as canon.
>>
>>55344438
One of the endings in Dragonfall involves the Horrors taking over the world. I'm pretty sure the games aren't canon.
>>
File: coight is not amused.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
coight is not amused.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>55345137
>implying the bad endings would be the canon ones if the games were canon
>>
File: SmugAnimeGirl2.jpg (387KB, 1020x1230px) Image search: [Google]
SmugAnimeGirl2.jpg
387KB, 1020x1230px
>>55345162
>implying the Horrors taking over is a bad thing
>>
>>55345541
I wouldnt let them take over a mcdonalds without a detailed overview of their tax policies.
>>
>>55345573
Little known fact, the Horrors have very liberal tax policies. They believe in single payer healthcare and free college, paid for by increased taxing of dragons and immortal elves.
>>
Do old money families still exist in the sixth world?
>>
>>55345758
that's not a tax policy - that is socialist thievery from productive owners!
>>
>>55345788
Bullshit. The only dragon actually doing anything with their horde is Lofwyr. The rest of them just sit on the money and use it to make more money without doing anything productive themselves. It's concentrating wealth in their claws and that's bad for the economy!
>>
>>55345788
He's using the American definition of liberal. Thank socialists for twisting the word so they could use it.
>>
>>55344438
>So are the events of shadowrun HK canon?
They exist in a canon, but not the p&p canon.
>>
File: Shaman.pdf (69KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman.pdf
69KB, 1x1px
I've never played a shaman before. Is this guy okay?
>>
>>55345772
I see no reason why they shouldn't exist. Just they are forced to either join up with politics, corps and organized crime a bit more than before.
>>
>>55345858
Terrible. Anon is a faggot edgelord for taking avenging angel.
>>
Anyone got a pdf of book of the lost to share?
>>
>>55347587
Wait no dont worry I found it.
>>
>Human Mystic Adept
>8 Edge
>6 Magic/PP
>F6 Power Focus (Restricted Gear)

How quickly would that sheet be thrown out on those factors alone? SR5
>>
>>55347982
Well for a start you're spending 52 karma there (probably more to get the cash for the foci) so it's already illegal by RAW. Granted I'd be prepared to use the house rule to trade spells for power points but ask first. that aside it'd depend of what spells you were planning to cast with it and what you're stats were like. being able to go nuclear 8 times a game is a big deal, but you'd have to abuse it a fair amount to get that character iced.
>>
>Japan's Yakuza in the Sixth World are near the top of the social order
>not Burakumin
Yakuza in Shadowrun should mostly be Oni and other social outcasts, not the secret masters of a goddamn megacorp. They're the Yakuza, not the Bratva, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>55348880
>secret
>>
>>55348984
It steal means they're not goddamn Burakumin anymore. Yakuza are drawn from the lowest of the low. They should be teeming with Yomi Island refugees and other outcast groups, not the boys' club for morally-unscrupulous Japanocorp citizens.
>>
Technomancers suck. (I'm just kidding, does anyone have the link to that post about how to play a Technomancer?)
>>
>>55349575
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+play+technomancers+5e
>>
>>55349575
Abuse sprites and resonance powers to not get caught in the matrix
>>
File: czlowiek-z-blizna-scarface[1].jpg (345KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
czlowiek-z-blizna-scarface[1].jpg
345KB, 1680x1050px
Is there a way to turn yourself more resistant to potential drug addictions and mitigate the effects of crashes in 5E ?
>>
>>55349575
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every time, until you like it
>>
>>55349740
Narco genemod, Drug resistant quality, nephritic screen bioware
>>
>>55349740
A Pain Editor helps you ignore many crash-related penalties, and Platelet Factories helps limit crash damage spilling over into Physical. Plus Nephritic Screen, Drug Tolerant, and Narco.

Then, obviously, be a Dwarf. Willpower 7, Body 7, Logic 5. Depending on your GM's ruling, their resistance to poisons and diseases might give you an additional +2 on addiction tests.

Then, finally, look at the Prescription Grade for drugs in Chrome Flesh. Doubles the price per dose, but the ones you'd actually use are already super cheap. That gives you a -1 to a drug's Addiction Threshold, meaning Threshold 1 drugs lose any addiction risk and everything else is easier to resist/leaves your system 1 week sooner.
>>
>>55343892
Air spirit that communicates via song lyrics.
Music is just waves anyway.
>>
>>55350669
>>55349777
Ok, thanks, probably gonna try making some sort of alchemical warrior that pops drugs to enhance his combat prowess.
>>
>>55351612
Have fun playing Geralt!
>>
File: 1487207874543.jpg (167KB, 816x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487207874543.jpg
167KB, 816x1080px
>>55345816
Fake news. Celedyr invested billions of nuyens into grabbing and dissecting e-ghosts and AI, and distributed the results free to the people of Boston in the grandest trickle-down of all time. He's a national hero.
>>
>>55352051
Shut it Horizon shill. If what happened in Boston is so great, then why's it still on lockdown and why are reports of fucking zombie mindcontrol coming out?

Celedyr didn't trickledown anything, he made some kind of communist virus.
>>
File: 1488406303521.jpg (89KB, 561x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488406303521.jpg
89KB, 561x661px
>>55352146
>why's it still on lockdown
You mean, "why is it still creating tons of new jobs in the construction and security industries?"
>>
>>55332265
>>55332348

Help me out here because I'm new to this. Other than guns having possible tracking tags, what other reason would I not take a corp security gun and use it?
>>
>>55348275
I probably should have mentioned it was karmagen, sorry.
>>
File: 1462157202603.png (1MB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1462157202603.png
1MB, 1100x1400px
>>55352325
It could be biometrically locked to them and not work for you. You also can't run silent with it because you are not the owner, so any spider worth a damn could track exactly where you are by following the gun. But mostly you don't want to take it home unless you have a faraday cage and a decker friend with time to kill.
>>
File: 1448227582971230[1].jpg (38KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448227582971230[1].jpg
38KB, 1920x1080px
>>55351815
Fallout 4 Sole Survivor actually.

>FUCKING KILL

But I apprieciate your attempt at being a smart ass.
>>
>>55352380
And even then, IIRC an errata mentioned you had to actually be connected to the Matrix during the procedure of changing ownership.
>>
>>55352413
>Implying a Witcher adept wouldn't be kickass.
>>
>>55352451
Didn't say that, sword, magic and drugs sound great together. But this guy will be closer to Tony in personality and popping combat drugs like Sole Survivor.
>>
>>55348880
>>55349042
Gee, it's almost like Shadowrun isn't meant to be a reflection of the real world.
>>
Yekka, Chummer bug:

>Alternatively, the vehicle can have its amenities downgraded to squatter (equivalent to most public transit), in which case it automatically gains the effects of the increased seating modification (see p. 164).

I'm not getting extra seats in Chummer5 when I do that.
>>
>>55352875
No... Impossible... A fictional game not reflecting reality exactly?
>>
Is this a good spell list for a face/mage?
Increase Reflexes
Levitate
Magic Fingers
Opium Den
Fashion
Heal
Trid Phantasm
Turn to Goo
Powerbolt
Influence
I dont know what is optimal & i am running around with two cybered up sams so i expect to be in combat a decent amount.
>>
>>55353845
Yeah, that's good enough to start with. Turn to Goo may make your GM salty though. Fashion is kind of meh, but it's good for flavor.
>>
>>55353911
Buying a clipboard/toolbelt, a utility jumpsuit & Fashion can get you anywhere
>>
>>55332103
Everything and anything.

Even people. Tamanous pays pretty well.
>>
>>55332103
I once looted an octopus/dog chimera. It had eight tentacle legs, a soft body to fit places, a dog head & tail, instead of eyes it had sensory stripes to sense light/heat, mean teeth & invisibility, and could spray ink from its mouth. It was just supposed to be a fluff background experiment for a run we did but it was too cute to leave. I named it Spot.
>>
Due to life in varying degrees, I'm having a lot of trouble getting all 6 of my players together at once. For tonight I have 3 of them. Can Food Fight 5e be reasonably done with a decker/sniper, and troll Sam, and a mage? Or should I reduce the number of bad guys?
>>
>>55354912
Food fight is super tame & underpowered. Yes its okay. If things somehow get hairy have the clerk pop his shotgun off at one of them & kill them or draw their ire
>>
>>55354912
Food Fight is a couple of gutter punks with pelletguns and scriptkiddie with Babby's First Computer. Any combat character or mage could take out all of them easily.
>>
>>55354972
Hell, I ran it as a solo session for a decker once. He only had like 9 dice in pistols as his only combat skill and he did it no problem.
>>
>>55354953
Doesn't the clerk work with the bad guys in 5e's Food Fight? I thought everyone who worked there was mafia.

Also, on this same note, does anyone have advice for balancing encounters for a fairly new GM?
>>
>>55355079
Not that i remember. Three stooges & a hired dwarf mage fail to carbomb an elf girl with a baby. The PCs get caught up in the aftermath. Clerk is a loser nobody. Even so. You can always put another NPC in the store to give the PC's backup.
>>
>>55355183
We must be working off different material. The Food Fight I found in the pastebin has the mob kidnap some shaman's daughter. You walk into their resteraunt, politely ask where she is, they all pull guns, murder ensues, then you find her in the back.
>>
File: 1499924568621.png (439KB, 1000x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1499924568621.png
439KB, 1000x1346px
>>55355247
You're looking at Fast Food Fight. Different module.
>>
>>55355247
>>55355079
The 5e you are talking about is Fast Food Fight, which is a similar but different run. On the quickstart for 5e the regular Food Fight was, iirc
>>
>>55354972
How would you beef up foodfight, if at all?
I once played in a game with the roles reversed, that was an interesting spin.
>>
>>55355666

Have an offduty KE officer picking up snacks.
>>
>>55354972
You're talking about the shitty Fast Food Fight. There's a proper 5e Food Fight elsewhere.
>>
>>55355666
Lofwyr wants snacks... he takes the whole Stuffer Shack
>>
>>55355759
Pretty sure you quoted the wrong post just now.
>>
File: Joeby.jpg (7KB, 231x91px) Image search: [Google]
Joeby.jpg
7KB, 231x91px
>>55355666
The most obvious way to do it is to step up the gangers. Don't have them be youths who barely know which end of a gun is up, make them Disassemblers or Red Hot Nukes, people with some proper talent but still likely to take some cash to fuck up a blackmailing whore.

The whole advantage of the antagonists in Food Fight is that they come into a place suddenly, where the PCs don't have all their gear. If they were a competent threat that knew how to exploit the element of surprise, suddenly the situation gets a lot more dangerous.
>>
>>55349042
>Burakumin
Burakumin are actually pretty goddamn magnificent modern-day inspiration for how SINless communities would work in practice.
https://youtu.be/SIsndKkasfI
>>
>>55355880
>Pretty sure you quoted the wrong post just now.
I definitely did.
>>
Which edition is the best one for someone who never played Shadowrun before?
>>
>>55356258
4th is what I'd suggest. 5th might be slightly easier rules-wise but the lack of editing makes it a nightmare to learn.
>>
>>55349042
They recruit from that lower class, because they can offer those Burakumin a chance to rise socially. Yakuza operate fairly brazenly even today and actually do have front businesses that don't really hide their true nature. Taking in metas may have incensed the populace enough to overcome the fear and apathy that allows the Yakuza to operate the way they do. Besides, metas created a new underclass and "realistically" what would happen is the Burakumin welcome not being the bottom of the heap anymore and persecute metas just as much as any other social group, as if not more viciously. Especially metas originally from higher social strata.
>>
>>55356654
But the Yakuza literally import Nigerians -today-.
>>
>>55356258
4e if they're new to RPGs in general, 5e if they're new to just Shadowrun in particular.

5e has worse editing compared to the 4e 20th Anniversary Edition, which can be a problem for people unused to RPGs, whereas 4e has more complicated/unintuitive actual mechanics, which can be a turn-off for people experienced with RPGs, but not Shadowrun specifically.

3e and 2e have weird/obnoxious design philosophies because they're from the past, and 1e is a strict downgrade compared to 2e.
>>
>>55356282
>>55356764

Thanks, I guess I'll go with 5e then
>>
>>55356734
The emperor has not declared Nigerians anathema, so that's kind of apples and oranges.
>>
>>55357347
Nobody really cares bar hardcore Shintoists, and again, there's literally no real world basis for most of the shenanigans Shadowrun pulls.
>>
>>55356734
They do? Are there not enough broke koreans and brazilians for them?
>>
>>55357490
Yes. Go and take one look at Roppongi.
>>
>>55357369
There doesn't need to be a real world basis. Shadowrun as a setting is tied to the idea of fantasy races appearing in the midst of world-destabilising events -war, starvation, disease, etc that keeps humanity on the back foot for decades while corporations move in and make that a permanent (profitable) state. Not everyone has an OOC observer's eye view to say straight away that they're not part of the problem, while corruption and racial tensions mad it easier (and profitable) to support the hatred than fix it.
>>
>>55357165
Remember that 5e forgets to tell you that you go unconscious when you run out of stun damage in the damage section, leaving that to the description of the Pain Editor.
>>
>>55358085
There doesn't have to be a real-world basis, but it helps if the posited events and outcomes make you go 'Huh, that makes sense' instead of 'Oh, look who failed history."
>>
File: 1367060464665.jpg (1MB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1367060464665.jpg
1MB, 2400x1350px
>>55353074
Whups. Fixed in the next nightly. ~ an hour until scheduled build.
>>
>>55358259
Oh right, and shouldn't the GMC Armadillo have a lot more stuff than it currently does? That might have been errata'd but I didn't see anything on a quick google.
>>
>>55358259
Where's fixing Cyberware Bundles' interactions fit into the agenda? After Shapeshifters, obviously, but I'm curious about whether anything else is higher up on the list.
>>
>>55358189
It helps a whole lot more if you're willing to take in the full picture, rather than neatly slice out a portion and say, "This doesn't make sense!" without full context.
>>
>>55358406
Nope. Even there, it doesn't make sense. All that does is show the other areas SR failed in.
>>
>>55358406
What are you, some kind of NAN apologist? Because there's countless fucktons of critical writing/research failures in the setting, and trying to pretend otherwise is just disingenuous.
>>
>>55358430
No, but I do make the logical assumption that there are a lot more NANners in SR than there would be if we somehow recreated the global stage RL.
>>
>>55358406
It really doesn't. The NANS are a clusterfuck no matter how you try to justify them.
>>
>>55358565
That's nowhere near sufficient, you NAN-apologist filth.
>>
So what's a good spell to fuck with drones and vehicles? Lightning? Levitate and then drop?
>>
>>55358565
>>55358674
I just pretend that VITAS never happened to the NAN. Otherwise, it makes 0 sense.
>>
>>55358705
That'sactually viable. The camps isolated them from the population mass, and they were able to treat what few infections actually happened with magic once the Awakening came along. They canonically had one of the lowest casualty rates from VITAS.
>>
>>55358705
It still doesn't make sense. VITAS only killed 2 billion, and each billion was in separate decades. And the bulk of those were in Africa and India. That still doesn't leave enough of a native vs non-native advantage to actually make the NANs happen.
>>
>>55358727
>That'sactually
Fuck you, spacebar.
>>
File: 1348997182547.jpg (943KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1348997182547.jpg
943KB, 1920x1080px
>>55358289
CGL have this annoying habit of including 'standard equipment' that doesn't actually have rules or do anything. I imagine I got annoyed and decided I didn't want to make a modification for 'sleeper cabin' or 'arbitrary drone rack that doesn't tell you what type it actually is', and didn't properly look at the other mods included.
>>55358362
Possibly tonight, depends on complexity involved.
>>
>>55358751
>Possibly tonight, depends on complexity involved.
Shit, I wasn't anywhere near that optimistic. I'd decided to put a concept on the backburner until the fix happened.
>>
>>55358728
There's also the fact that they kept setting off volcanoes remotely. You wouldn't fuck with people who are willing to detonate Yellowstone over a grudge, would you? They weren't prepared to receive their own demands, but it ended up happening.
>>
>>55358705
>>55358727
You have to not only massively inflate the population of Native Americans, but also kill off a huge chunk of Americans long before VITAS.
>>55358770
Considering that sort of thing is the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex's wet dream? Yes, actually, I think they would. America would be a nuclear wasteland before the Natives won, magic or not.
>>
>>55358770
Correction, their initial demands didn't happen. They wanted every non-native to go back to where they came from. It didn't work out exactly how they wanted, and they ended up with only half of North America. There's also the fact that Mexico (temporarily) supported them.
>>
>>55358770
Fuck yes I would. Let's just ignore that they started off their little revolution by trying to get the USSR to nuke the USA. That's the kind of thing that leads to genocide, not just camps.
>>
>>55358770
Still doesn't do enough to justify the NANs.

The NANs are just stupid. Everything about them is stupid. And apologists for them are stupid too.

>It helps a whole lot more if you're willing to take in the full picture, rather than neatly slice out a portion and say, "This doesn't make sense!" without full context.
Context, for most of the more stupid things in Shadowrun, make things dumber, not less-dumb.
>>
File: 1440420060094.jpg (116KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440420060094.jpg
116KB, 1280x640px
>>55358703
Physical Barrier at highway speeds is a personal favourite. especially when you set it up as a ramp under only one wheel.
>>
>>55358932
That sounds beautiful anon. Thank you. I imagine it's even more spectacular against the fragile flying ones.
>>
>>55358905
I had a whole thing written up but fuggetaboutit. It's a lot easier to handwave things with magic(or "The Immortal Elves did it") rather than pretend the writers know anything at all about history, economics, governance, or anything else they talk about.

Remember, the same people thought Tir Tairngire was plausible.
>>
>>55359044
The Tirs are NAN-tier unforgivable, as are any of the subhuman vermin who act as apologists for either of them.
>>
Can a Changeling SURGE a second time? I know that someone who has UGE traits can additionally SURGE, but I'm not sure if that shit can keep rolling if they keep getting exposed to additional mana spikes.
>>
>>55359081
Maybe? But they'd have to be hella old to see a second Comet.
>>
>>55359131
People still SURGE long after the comet. Any ambient mana spikes - mana storms, intense background counts, even getting hit by an unusually high-Force spell - can trigger it.
>>
>>55359141
So a bunch of snowflakes getting together to raise a background count and help a mage cast high force spells can make themselves snowflakier?

Christ in a chumbucket.
>>
>>55359298
Chummer, if you don't like snowflakes, Shadowrun stopped being the setting for you back in 1e.
>>
>>55359081
I'd allow em to buy additional SURGE qualities if they were prepared to pay karma for them.
>>
>>55359331
>I'd allow em to buy additional SURGE qualities if they were prepared to pay karma for them.
That would be how acquiring any kind of SURGE in play already works, yes.
>>
File: SURGE I.jpg (61KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SURGE I.jpg
61KB, 750x750px
>>55359298
The kind of mana spike that is needed for SURGE is beyond what some kids and a hired mage can do. It's in fact explicitly called out that there's a bunch of wannabe SURGEkids who blow a ton of cash going to places like the Ganges in hopes of something happening, only to be explicitly disappointed.
>>
>>55359370
You got it backwards. It's not that it requires more than what a mage or the Ganges can kick out - it's that people who have the recessive metagenes necessary to SURGE are rare in the first place. See:
>The aberrant sequences do express in an unpredictable manner when triggered by exposure to intense mana fields. Since the genes expressed upon SURGE are incomplete or damaged, these sudden expressions are rarely without genetic complications or metabolic disorders (studies indicate allergies are particularly common, as are deformities and physical impairments). It is significant to note that changelings have been detected among several non-metahuman species as well.

> I got caught in a manastorm outside Sydney back in 2067. Suddenly, the hacker hit the concrete and started convulsing, blood spitting out of all her orifces, tissue stretching and rupturing, some seriously crazy shit. We thought we’d stumbled on some bioweapon or something. Fortunately for hackhead, the spellslinger tagged it as SURGE before we got round to putting her out of her misery. I’d seen Goblinization on the trid before, but, omae, this shit was freaky.
> Traveler Jones

>Trigger event
>SURGE triggers can take a variety of forms, though the most common are encounters with exceptionally high background counts or mana anomalies such as powerfully aspected domains, mana warps, mana surges, or manastorms or astral phenomena such as alchera, astral shadows, and astral rifts. Even a powerful spell striking a character might involve enough magic to spontaneously stimulate the astral shadows and activate the genes.
>Sometimes it does not even require magic. Genetic treatments of any kind or experimental infusions might cascade changes in the genome triggering dormant metagenes. The same is true for viral biohazards (such as ADS, MADS viruses, HMHVV, or even mundane viruses) that might infect a character.

Dormant metagenes is the key factor.
>>
>>55359472
The big question is:

Fluff-wise, can Neoteny be triggered post-SURGE or is it something that you have to "buy in", like surging at a young age?
>>
>>55359651
Your body can turn to stone and grow a prehensile tail. You can turn to a kid too.
>>
>>55359677
From the sound of that freaky Traveller Jones shit, the kid grows inside you and explodes out like a goddamn xenomorph or something.
>>
>>55359708
Definitely an option.

Alternatively, consider having most of your old flesh and blood slough off of you like the dead waste of the person you once were, leaving only your newly-birthed child-flesh screaming in the wreck of what used to be you, pieces of your own face still sliding off.
>>
>>55359708
>>55359755
>>
>>55359755
Yeah, something like that. Damn. Loliguro afficionados would pay good money for trid of that.
>>
>>55359887
>Loliguro afficionados would pay good money for trid of that.
Funny you mention that.

> Oh please, drop the blinkers. In the ‘60s, many changelings had no other choice than to prostitute themselves and make pornchips for people with certain “appetites” because no one would employ the freaks. They may have been heralds of today’s transhumanist trends, but that’s as much due to their exploitation as fashion or pop idols as idolization by their loyal fans. Let’s face it, their appearance is still an invitation for harassment and violence in all too many places.
> Goat Foot
>>
Yekka, the issue I mentioned with Positive Qualities and karma costs.

I know group contacts count as Positive Quality karma, the issue is that the counter in the sidebar isn't reflecting that, it still says 23/25 Karma Spent.

To replicate it, the Positive qualities I took are Common Sense, Made Man, Rank (5 Karma), and Restricted Gear.
>>
>>55360201
Oh, right. I getcha. Sorry, the counter for that didn't take group contacts into account. They're separate systems. I'll amend it.
>>
>>>55345137
>>55344438

Parts of Dragonfall are literally in the german 5e 2050 Book.
So, yes, to a degree
>>
File: 1450143095661.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450143095661.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
Guys, i have 8 Karma for positive Qualities left
What should i get for my MbW Samy?
Already have biocomp and JoaT.
>>
>>55361111
Whgat's your edge like? 8 karma would give you revels in murder.
>>
Ares Roadmaster isn't R or F, does that mean that you can feasibly drive it around without getting pulled over? Or only in the barrens?
>>
>>55361374
Only 3, probably not a good combo
>>
>>55361423
I need something with a lot of space, So Bulldog Stepvan is my other option.
>>
>>55361111
>one of the few cosplays that's actually better with small tits
>>
Tell me SRG
What does your runner drive?
Does he commute?
Public transportation?
Does he give the rest of the team a lift ever?
How much did it cost you?
>>
Do CFD heads have a specific goal in mind? All I can find is general blurbs and the Shadowrun wikia sucks.
>>
>>55361111
Damn fine cosplay.
>>
File: Corp.png (332KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Corp.png
332KB, 1080x1920px
You need a code of honor to be a real street sam.
>>
>>55362071
Street Sam is as much a role as it is an ideal anon.
It doesn't always mean actual street samurai.
>>
Is 15+4d6 too much initiative?
>>
>>55362176
No. You should get more if you can though.
>>
>>55362219
Im not really sure how that would be possible, Max Reaction + Max Intuition + 4d6 from reflexes or whatever
>>
>>55362313
Drugs? Drugs just might be the answer chummer
>>
File: 31587160_p0.png (1MB, 869x1228px) Image search: [Google]
31587160_p0.png
1MB, 869x1228px
>>55362176
It's in the weird border region of averaging just under 4 Initiative passes. Get +1d6 or ~3 extra base init, and you'll be hitting 4 passes more often than not.

Otherwise, it's probably overkill. 3 passes is plenty.

>>55362313
Plenty of ways you can do it. Changeling nonsense, drugs, being a shapeshifter adept...

I once made a falconine shapeshifter sheet with 16+5d6.
>>
An Ork Mage. Is it a good idea? how would you go around building one with a secondary focus on combat?
>>
>>55343420

Fairly often, but that's because my players are slow and don't get things accomplished quickly.
>>
>>55362313
Max level wired reflexes and max reaction enhancers would do it Biocompatibility allows you to have both at standard grade and not die.
>>
File: 31790610_p0.png (4MB, 1313x1966px) Image search: [Google]
31790610_p0.png
4MB, 1313x1966px
>>55362663

They don't have penalties to Willpower or Intuition, so and Intuition tradition is probably best. The extra Body can help you tank some Physical Drain if you want to live dangerously.

While it's strictly not optimal, there's no reason you can't do it.
>>
>>55358768
Fixed in latest commit, next build scheduled in ~19 hours.
>>
>>55362811
Fuck being optimal, I've done that and now I want to play a grizzled ork street mage who got into running to try and help his fellow trogs in the underground.
>>
>>55362877
What build method are you using?
>>
>>55362897
sum to 10.
>>
>>55362159
Nope. You can be any number of character types.
Merc.
Gangster.
Razorboy/gal.

All of those, and more, are things you can be that fulfill the role of "shoots and/or slashes stuff up".

Street Samurai need that code of honor. It's what separates them from the rest.
>>
File: street_sam.png (257KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
street_sam.png
257KB, 480x360px
>>55363010
All you need to be a street samurai is to claim you are a street samurai.
>>
>>55363089
Your insipid, worthless tripe will never be true no matter how many times you insist on it.
>>
>>55363096
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>55363096
If I can legally be a woman without two X chromosomes, my character can be a street sam without a code of honor. You don't like it, sue me.
>>
>>55363115
I figured. But there are people who unironically think that and it pissed me off.
>>
>>55363125
Damn, you're right. I should have realized it sooner... My Face actually identifies as a Decker! Check your matrix privilege, shitlords.
>>
>>55363131
Too bad, sad sack.
I am the true SAM-U-RAI.
>>
>>55363096
>too underaged to have watched samurai jack
>getting outraged over inconsequential things
Yeah, checks out.
>>
>>55362071
This was supposed to be a joke. I didn't realize it was thus easy to trigger /srg/...
>>
>>55363163
>can't follow the post chain
>accuses others of ignorance
Typical.
>>
>>55362014
Unfortunate my troll can't fit anyone else on his dodge scoot.
>>
>>55363193
The post chain really doesn't back you up here.
>>
Best bioware to take in 4e?
>>
>>55363246
pain editor
>>
>>55363143
The difference there is at some point your faux decker will be called upon to deck and then they will fail the test, whereas the street sam will be called upon to do violence, which they will be able to do with or without the code (and those without will sometimes be more efficient as they unconstrained). So they can call themselves Street Samurai and no-one in universe would be able to call them on it, except may those with said code of honour.
>>
>>55363143
The better parallel would be a technomancer calling himself a decker. Everyone's expecting them to pull off matrix shit and they'll deliver on that front. Only thing is, a decker needs a deck to operate while a techno doesn't. Nothing stops em from claiming to be deckers and getting away with it most times.
>>
>>55363125
>my character can be a street sam without a code of honor
But not without a code.
>>
File: 1502295249005.jpg (87KB, 870x737px) Image search: [Google]
1502295249005.jpg
87KB, 870x737px
>>55359755
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>55361423
The Ares Roadmaster is a street-legal, civilian-legal vehicle that civilians can buy and drive around on their own.

It's a little like getting a humvee in the early 2000s. 100% legal, and most people will think you're a douche rather than think you're up to something shady.

Military-style but nothing remarkable.
>>
>>55363172
Chummer, are you new here?
haven't you seen that screencap earlier in the thread? with "Technomancer Pixie", "AI Street Sam with no Code of Honour" and "Essence-costing Leonization"?
those are all topics that trigger /srg/
>>
does anyone know what edition was being played in 2ds storytime
>>
>>55365624
4th. Nigger was using commlinks to hack
>>
Since
A) We still have some time until this thread dies (28 posts and then a few hours) and
B) I can't think of a new topic:
New thread topic?
>>
>>55366517
Describe your latest char.
>>
>>55366568
Sounds good
>Mac (a scottish dwarf, shoot me) got out of the game years ago after earning enough to buy his own garage. He found a girl, got married, and lived like a honest, law abiding citizen
>but nowadays with bigger players muscling in its become a struggle. With a kid on the way Mac needs some nuyen in the bank. And he knows just where to get it.
Cybered up dwarf tank/mechanic who punches people to death. Its been rather amusing when his domesticated home life and his shadow life intersect...like when his team showed up in the van to pick him up. The wife thinks that he's going 'bowling'
>>
>>55366603
>The wife thinks that he's going 'bowling'

Did you steal that from the incredibles or something?
>>
>>55365624
>>55365635
Also that shit was started in early 2013.

Anybody got any plans for the 5th anniversary?
>>
>>55366641
I regret absolutely nothing.
>>
>>55366568
Latest character is Doc.
Served as an independent contractor during Operation Reciprocity in his early 20s and is now in his 50s. Despite his age he is still a fairly good shot with a sinper rifle (thanks to quite a bit of bioware), Also he is, as the name suggests, a good doctor with a decent bedside manner. He started up his 'clinic' 15 years ago and never really quit running. As he puts it: "Running is good for business. There is no better advertising than some stories about crazy medevacs floating around."
He has theoretical knowledge of chemical engineering, chemistry and parazooology, but little hands on experience regarding those subjects.
His hobbies include drinking and basejumping.
Some people might describe him as an alcoholic, to which he takes great offense. ("Bums are alcoholics, i'm an alcohol enthusiast.")

I made this character, because i was invited to a group which already had a hacker who dabbled in drones, a face/ mage, an infiltrator and a heavy weapons troll. Med support seemed like the right thing to do.
>>
File: Monad Manifesto Headcase Space.png (391KB, 396x699px) Image search: [Google]
Monad Manifesto Headcase Space.png
391KB, 396x699px
>>55362030
The monads are not a monolithic entity, so their goals as a 'community' are varied. Some want to go back to the Matrix, some want to stay in their meatsuits and live on Earth, a vocal minority want to go to deep space.
>>
>>55363125
>reee trans people exist
Geez, just wait til this guy learns about intersex folk. (Not enbys, but like, actual intersex people. XXY and so on.)
>>
File: dorkula.jpg (244KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
dorkula.jpg
244KB, 582x900px
>>55366568
Vampire gun adept who dresses like Dracula if Dracula wore sunglasses at night. He calls himself Deadeye, everyone else calls him Dorkula.
>>
>>55367066
Yeah, but most 'trans' people aren't XXY, they're just fucked in the head.
>>
>>55366902

thanks buddy
>>
>>55367083
strong. A strong character.
>>
>>55366603
I kinda like that character idea.
>>55367109
trans people and intersex people are different things, but the fact is you can't claim "all people with this gender have these chromosomes" when you very clearly have dudes with two x chromosomes out there.
>>
>>55367131
Sure I can. Who's going to lock me up to stop me?
>>
>>55367083
So, you made an edgy 'that guy' character on purpose? Do the others know or do they just think you are weird?
>>
>>55366844
>His hobbies include drinking and basejumping.
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>55367151
Me, I'll be there in half an hour. Don't go anywhere.
>>
>>55367195
Alright! Cool, home invasion is clearcut self defense.
>>
>>55367171
>Do the others know or do they just think you are weird?
They're in on it, yeah. I figured it'd be best to fill them in early because my poker face is awful.
>>
File: LaughingObama.jpg (131KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingObama.jpg
131KB, 1024x732px
>>55367238
>mfw I'm a cop so I can get away with anything
>>
>>55367356
What if it turns out that you're arguing with a white woman tho?
>>
File: BanterStops.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
BanterStops.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
>>55367377
>>
Is nightblade an edgy enough name for a cyborg ninja, or should I go edgier?
>>
>>55368030
Call him Coldsteel. List his signature quote as "Nuthin personnel, kid."
>>
>>55368030
Blood Katana.
>>
The group needs a hacker and a face. Could one person be both? Technomancers like Charisma, but it looks like you have to spend everything on being a Technomancer.
>>
>>55368030
Deathviper. Voidblade. Blacksoul. Phantom-Edge.
>>
>>55368243
TMs can make good secondary faces but at chargen you really need to catch up on skills to get good dicepools.

Face Decker can work if you dump physical a lot, get ware to be okay and get an average deck.
>>
>>55368243
I have a build for a human or elf Decker Face somewhere. You'll have to accept dumping STR, and at chargen being either awful in combat and a good Decker and Face, or being mediocre at being the Face or the Decker.
>>
>>55368030
Edgy Mcedgeface
>>
>>55368290
I actually kind of want Phantom-Edge in my game.
>>
>>55368369
Could I see it?
>>
>>55368426
Let me run it through a vanilla version of Chummer and make sure its not complete shit.
>>
>>55368243
>but it looks like you have to spend everything on being a Technomancer.
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every Time, Until You Like It
>>
>group is the kind that finds it very difficult to focus on any kind of plot or roleplay for more than 5 seconds but they have a lot of focus on stealth, so I can't quite go full John Woo film in terms of action to make up for it
How would you run this game? The groups also pretty balanced and not lacking anything in particular.
>>
>>55368514
That post doesn't help the question at hand there anon. He's not saying they're bad, he's saying (rightly) so that Technomancers aren't great at being off-specs at chargen.
>>
>>55368569
Which is what this post says. You only need high RES and a good Compiling and Registering score, since you are going to let Sprites do most of your work.
>>
Going to include a pixie rigger as kinda a joke villain in my campaign, and I was wondering if any of y'all had suggestions for a disgustingly weeby runner name.
>>
>>55368608
That's not playing a technomancer.

That's being a munchkin and a lazy player.
>>
>>55368640
How is using a TMs biggest strength not being a TM?
Do you think that a mage that focuses on spirits isn't a mage now?
Or a rigger that uses a swarm isn't a rigger?
>>
File: Decker Face.pdf (60KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Decker Face.pdf
60KB, 1x1px
>>55368243
I have a paper to write on the development of the modern conception of religion so I dont have more time to refine this, but I hope it gives you somewhere to start. I remember it being more complete, but theres plenty of Nuyen to work with.
>>
How do I play a druid from dnd in shadowrun? Can I ride on top of a buffalo and cast spells while it gores cyborgs? I promise I'm not fresh from dnd I just have a craving for this gamestyle
>>
>>55368707
Shamans can summon beast spirits, which you can ride on if you want. Mechanically speaking, they're basically just wizards who summon different things. (Wizards get the four classical elements, shamans get beast spirits and some other weird shit I don't remember)
>>
>>55368030
Killsword the death-slasher

Street names are funny. If they are too long or too stupid no one will use it, they'll make up an insulting nickname and use that instead.
>>
>>55368673
Yes to all three.

It's not because you can abuse the rules that it's a good idea to do so.

A good mage is a character on it's own that has spirits as tools but has a wide range of everything else.

A good rigger has the same wide array of tools and skills

Same goes for a technomancer, good at everything related to hacking and then at his own special thing.

If you only use your hammer, every problem will look like a nail. That's not fun for anyone at all.
>>
>>55368707
Replace buffalo with hummer and your set
>>
>>55368728
Are there established rules for taming/using paractitters or regular critters as mounts? FLORIDA MAN on a Behemoth sounds like a blast of an enemy of the week for my group.
>>
>>55368030
The Living Edge. Not only does it sound like somekind of broody bullshit name but it also has the added effect of owning up to wanting to be Edgy
>>
>>55368740
It needs to be a buffalo - I can play a guy from texas goring people with the longhorns on the hood of his Cadillac any dang day. Playing a herdmaster is much more fantasy-in-the-wrong-world esque.
>>
>>55368754
>Are there established rules for taming/using paractitters or regular critters as mounts?
There's some in Howling Shadows. Step one requires Florida Man to capture a behemoth though.
>>55368776
As I said, use a beast spirit. It can manifest in the form of a buffalo and gore people all day.
>>
>>55368754
NEWS:
Florida man injured after raping juggernaught
>>
>>55368630
Call him "Initial D", have him spam eurobeat over all channels.
>>
>>55368776
Keeping a herd in an urban setting is gonna be problematic
>>
>>55368707
How about being a bovine shifter mage and being the buffalo?
>>
>>55368803
Rape a Juggernaut, and get in the news for a day.
Teach a Juggernaut to rape, and enter into LEGEND.
>>
>>55368882
Oooh!
His herd are his wives!!!!
>>
>>55368835
>Be dickass mage
>Find an abandoned parking garage
>Make blants grow in the asphalt with magic
>Buffalo chew on them
>Have comfy sidequests about finding cattle rustlers and LARPing as a cowboy

>>55368882
>>55368922
just when I think /srg/ can't get any more degenerate you prove me wrong again
>>
>>55368931
i don't think you realize how much grazing area buffalo need
stick to summoning, it's easier
>>
>>55368931
The problem is, if you run as a cow/herd themed guy, a herd is not easy to hide.

You're gonna get made by someone, or your herd is gonna get confiscated and be served up on some exec's promotion banquet. A rancher is something you try to retire to being omae.
>>
>>55366568
I have no current character.

How much of your characters do you make in advance of actually getting into a game?
>>
So do I start the game with grenades but no bilateral co-processor
without grenades but with bilateral co-porcessor
or with grenades and co-processor but with In Dept III instead of II ?
>>
>>55369283
Avoid Debt. And unless you're using Seven-7 or something, you can pick up grenades in play.
>>
>>55369133
Pretty much all of them. We have a very lethal game. I've had characters who were gone after two sessions. Right now i have four chars lined up as replacements. Sometimes the GM also has NPCs who can be converted to PCs or players retire their PCs to NPCs if they want to do something different.
>>
>>55368243
Can and should. You can make a Decker with no social skills, but a proper hacker should be able to convince someone to hand over their username and password over a phone call, walk through a security checkpoint with a clipboard and a scowl, and be able to convince security to escort him directly to the office server without them asking for ID or raising suspicions.

Coding - Decking - is important too. Vital, even. But if your Decker isn't good at social engineering and stealth he may be a good Decker but he's a shitty hacker, because hacking is the complete package.
>>
Does the noise from Smoke'N'Mirros count for the Sleaze test to keep your icons hidden?
>>
>>55369363
>I've had characters who were gone after two sessions
Spare a storytime?
>>
>>55369673
Tw33k the haxx0r got made doing legwork. He jumped on his motorcycle, gunned it down the street, towards a redlight. In 4th edition hacking a traffic light does take you a couple of steps, and he had to do it in AR. I calculated correctly and he came up upon the intersection at about 100 mph just as the lights were switched, at which point the gm informed me, that just because the light is now green, the traffic do not suddenly vanish.
I critfail a driving test and the 1st of two edge get burned.
Next session he rode down an elevator with the teams face, a mage souped up with magically improved reflexes and the like, you know the type. The elevator passed through a previously unknown mana barrier on one of the floors they didn't have any busines on, silent alarms get triggered, our heros arrive, the elevator opens.
Surprise mother fucker, suddenly grenades.
Second and last point of edge gets burned.
Tw33k wakes at Dr. Nicks, has now a couple of used substandard cyberlimbs and quite a bit of debt and about 0.5 essence. He then agreed to a little interim adventure, to settle said debt. Rob a place, nobody home, lax security, ezpez. Sadly the safe was some stupid analog thing, so he decided to blow it up. Didn't work out so well, he gravely misjudged the amount of explosives needed and collapsed a loadbearing wall.
>>
>>55370213
Amazing. What a guy.
>>
Our group is lacking both a hacker and a decker. How do I make a functioning Decker-Rigger with Priority, Prime Runner?
>>
>>55371077
Even as a Prime runner, you can't just combine two of the most cash intensive archetypes and expect to have a good time. Pick one or the other and tell your group to either pick up the other, or get one as a contact.
>>
>>55371077
What kind of decker? A "make X Y" decker, or a cybercombat defendant?
Attack dongle + Cybercombat or Sleaze dongle and Hacking/Computer/EW skills, + never leaving your van. Plug it into your commlink and you have half a deck for half the price. It'll run you broke but it can function.
>>
>>55371124
>>55371158
What if I focus on decking first money-wise, and add rigging with the money from runs later on?
>>
>>55371199
It can work, but you will literally be a weirdo, who basically lives in a van.
>>
>>55371199
Doable, but still rough. Just be a decker that's also a wheelman, or run one or two drones through AR.
>>
>>55371077
Decker and Rigger are two of the least compatible Archetypes because they're both such money stinks that they'll completely monopolize your resources.

Don't try to be a Decker and a Rigger at the same time.
>>
>>55371366
Depends on how your team does finances. You could just pay for mission critical equipment before paying out shares.
Americans cry socalism in 3...2...1..
>>
>>55371199
>Focus on decking money-wise

Building a competent decker already costs all of your chargen resources.

You need:
>Cybercombat
>Hacking
>Computer
>Electronic Warfare
>Hardware (Minimal investment but still needed)
>Software (Minimal, but data bombs are real)
That should be almost all of your skill points right there. 1 full skill group and one partial skill group/
And that's not counting the fact that you'll be the only LOG character in the group and the group will want First Aid. Or the fact that you'll be autistic and unable to hold a conversation, or hold a gun, or do anything outside of the Matrix.

That's just the karma side, which is expensive AF for deckers. Now the money side. We need, at bare minimum
>Competent deck (300-500k)
>Programs (~10K)
>Agent (~36k), or (~72k) for 2 so you can use simple action spamming
>LOG/INT Bioware (~200k)

This is to sit in the van and do nothing outside of Matrix. It's rough.

Now you want to be a rigger. (Excuse me, I've never made one, so these are estimates) In addition to what we already have, we now need at a bare minimum the skills:
>Gunnery to shoot with drones
>Pilot to move drones
>Some kind of mechanic skill to fix drones
>Armorer skill to outfit drones

So in total we need 9 skills, more than technomancers, the most skill-starved archetype, need.

We also need:
>Control rig
>RCC(Optional)
>Autosofts for days
>Pilot programs for days
>EXPENSIVE AF VEHICLES AND DRONES

It's functionally impossible unless you want to be rolling a 9 for everything.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.