[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starfinder General /sfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 45

File: 1504664566216.jpg (506KB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1504664566216.jpg
506KB, 1920x1242px
Starfinder General /sfg/

Drift edition: What kind of monstrosities do you expect to come across in the Drift? Will you try to tame them?

/sfg/ unified link repository: https://pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread: >>55223217
>>
Friendly reminder that the average Human woman is having at least four children. Is your PC going to do her part to increase the population?
>>
File: event.jpg (159KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
event.jpg
159KB, 670x377px
>>55261807
Every adventure through the drift better be pic related or I'm walking.
>>
>>55261840
>Is your PC going to do her part to increase the population?
No, because zhe is doing something far more important.

Zhe is doing zher part to Queer Up Starfinder.
>>
File: 935f65c5773830e3e8ed41b8a491fd51.jpg (707KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
935f65c5773830e3e8ed41b8a491fd51.jpg
707KB, 1300x2000px
>>55261840
Men must do their part inside the woman too.
>>
>>55261908
Purple eyes are a canonical hallmark feature of Azlanti blood, which means an adorable redhead with rich purple eyes and a superiority complex two sizes too large for her short figure is totally allowed within the rules.
>>
File: 4chan_Report_Panel_Pleb.png (54KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_Report_Panel_Pleb.png
54KB, 210x180px
>>55261840
>Not being born in the vats
>>
>>55261993
>Wanting to be a filthy goo-back

You have to go back.
>>
>>55262054
I hope you enjoy dying young due to your flawed genome.
>>
>>55261993

How's that crusade going, Jade Falcon? Man, did Ghost Bear and Wolf make you look bad at Tukayyid.
>>
>>55262068
Yeah because natural evolution instead of too much genetic engineering is totally the way to extinction. Just look at the Asgard!

... Oh wait.
>>
>>55262081
The Asgard are just proof of why redundant backups are important. Basic data security would have saved their entire species.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>55262068
>Pure Azlanti stock
>Flawed
>>
>>55262081
>implying eugenics is not the way of the future
>>
Ladies, ladies! Why tamper with genetic code when you've got magical serums that can do it for you?
>>
>>55262092
>Pure Azlanti stock
>Blue eyes
I don't think you'd even fool a retarded dock worker with that line.
>>
File: tgl-miria2.jpg (36KB, 319x400px) Image search: [Google]
tgl-miria2.jpg
36KB, 319x400px
>>55262112
Because your secondary sexual characteristics should involve your fighter mode.
>>
>>55261840
I dunno, the lack of cow tits makes it hard for me to get it up to Starfinder. Would donating genetic material to lesbians be enough?
>>
>>55262429
>the lack of cow tits makes it hard for me to get it up to Starfinder

What makes you think there's a lack of fat-chested women?
>>
>>55261905
>Zhe is doing zher part to Queer Up Starfinder.
I see you have seen that thread, too.
>>
>>55262558
That thread really set the tone for Starfinder, considering it came out right when Starfinder did.

>>55262429
Anon, I want you to understand something.

When people look for Sci-fi action-girl art, they'll probably be looking at a lot of Samus Aran, who is a blonde with fat, perky tits. They will be using that art extensively, meaning most women will have fat, perky tits.
>>
>>55261840
Mine would donate some eggs before settling down and starting a family after her adventuring career, the donated ones are basically in case she dies first.
>>
>>55262594
Half the system flatly doesn't even work, and all they cared about was "how much more LGBT could it be"
>>
>>55262651
They pander to their vocal base. What do you expect?
>>
>>55262558
Frasier in that thread even outright states that it likes when things are 'analogous' and wants to represent the "real-world experience of trans people"
>>
>>55262716
I gotta be honest, is there much of a challenge when you can just go to space 7-Eleven and buy a drink that does the change?

Feels like I'm playing with a power famer that spent all their money on guns and armor and just throws out 'woe is me' so someone else can spend the money
>>
>>55262716
Yes obviously people with dysphoria must suffer in games as some of them do in real life or other people that aren't them won't learn some sort of lesson.
>>
>>55262825
>>55262716
I.... what?
>>
>>55262806
That's kinda what makes their whole thread so... cyclical. Some people think "but it's the future, you can go to kwik-e-space and down the solution with a bag of chips". These are probably either reasonable folks or actual 'trans' people, who I would imagine would love to be able to just be done with it and never have to deal with any of the shit they're said to deal with ever again.

I mean, I may not know how they feel precisely but I do know "isn't a terrible chore to clean" is a far happier choice than "everything sticks, prepare your angle-grinder for this bitch" when buying a new frying pan.

I bought a new frying pan today okay?

And then there's the other bunch like 'Crystal'. They're arguing that if it's not exactly as terrible and difficult to fix in-game as what they claim it to be in real life, it's somehow wrong or offensive. Because then, something? Apparently crystal didn't think the serum should be cheap.

Personally I think if it were easy and and the solution *not* as likely to cause suicide as keeping your original boyparts, people like Crystal would be out of a job, is what.
>>
>>55262806
>>55262900
>is there much of a challenge when you can just go to space 7-Eleven and buy a drink that does the change?

Many of the people in that thread were dismissive of the Elixir, saying it "cheapened" the experience and "nobody should be forced to become what they do not feel like becoming."

In other words, a Transgender woman could and should just stay in the body of a man, because "that's her choice."
>>
>>55262879
>Owen decided we should have the Serum in Starfinder at a cheap price, and came to me about rewording it to be less problematic.
>>
>>55262900
well i feel that you are a transphobic hater, and that's a FACT
>>
>>55262928
Do you mean anon hates transphobes, or is transphobic and a hater, or are you referencing that "when I say an opinion, it becomes a fact" meme?
>>
>>55262925
Problimatic? It's an escapist game, easy solutions are part of that!
>>
>>55262999
It should just require reversing the polarity of his deflector dick and that's the end of it. No struggle, no putting victimhood on a pedestal, problem solved, that's it that's all.
>>
Let's also point out another thing.

Starfinder is a game about space murderhobos. Mind control, murder, political upheaval, and jaywalking are just a few of the crimes PCs will be involved in.

If a player/character is worried about gender dysphoria at that point, they are a psychopath.
>>
>>55263034
That does aptly describe much of the target audience.
>>
File: sterrbound.jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sterrbound.jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
Alright /tg/. How would you stat the races from pic related for Starfinder?
>>
Honest question.
What the heck are the kasatha rocking under those scarves and gas-masks?

>>55263065
I am a little sad that the Starfinder base book doesn't have sapient plant humanoids.
>>
File: kasatha skeleton.jpg (182KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
kasatha skeleton.jpg
182KB, 1024x1536px
>>55263175
The skeleton doesn't look that unusual, so probably just a mouth.

I know, that's incredibly disappointing. But that's probably all it is.
>>
>>55263175
>I am a little sad that the Starfinder base book doesn't have sapient plant humanoids.
Why? Were you eager to see what kind of perverse sexual practices or bizarre gender dynamics Paizo would include in plants?
>>
>>55263175
>I am a little sad that the Starfinder base book doesn't have sapient plant humanoids.

I'm betting they'll be in come the Alien Archive.
>>
>>55263227
>you pulled out and sprayed it all over her belly so she got pregnant, because it just permeates through her pores and inseminates her while down there she could just have eaten it
>>
>>55263175
It's primarily the reason I'm asking for stats. Some of the base races are pretty easy.
Humans: As Humans.
Apex: +2 Str & Int, -2 Cha
Avians: +2 Dex & Wis, -2 Con (basically same as Tengu in most respects)
Novakids: +2 Dex & Cha, -2 Wis

The rest I have difficulty with.
>>
>>55263624
Wouldn't plants be Str/Dex, -Int?
>>
>>55263664
Maybe. The hit to int is a no brainer, but afaik there's not a lot to suggest (at least from looks alone) any significant bonus to strength or dexterity aside from their fervent dedication to hunting meat.
>>
Are there no rules for dual wielding?

I've read through a couple times but couldnt find anything.
>>
>>55263977
You don't get extra attacks for holding an extra weapon.
>>
File: Capture.png (21KB, 402x160px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21KB, 402x160px
>>55263977
this is literally everything for dual wielding.
>>
File: RonPerlwoman.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
RonPerlwoman.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>55263034

> Sex.
> Sex never changes.
>>
>>55261908
Where are her legs though?
>>
>>55264312
>this guy, not into stump fetish, lulz
>>
>>55264312
Waggling down. you can see the dress outlining them just before the guy's left (on right side of pic) arm, so arguably the lower legs and the feet are dangling in the poofy skirt.
>>
File: 1446484234374.jpg (382KB, 750x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1446484234374.jpg
382KB, 750x1118px
I would like to have an abberrant race and outsiders to fill the lovecraftian niche
>>
>>55264517
Clearly you haven't read the AP.
It's filled with rejects that didn't make the cut for Mythos monsters and were instead recycled into aliens.
>>
>>55264547

I actually havn't so my interest is peaked slightly. I'm thinking an idea for an aberrant race to be symbiotes who join with other aliens sort of like Jadzaya Dax from Star Trek.

What's the basics of what these mythos style aliens are like?
>>
>>55261908
Oh my god, I want to princess carry our party members now!
>>
>>55264616

>Not wanting to be giant sized so all of the team members can ride in your arms and on your shoulders

It's like you don't even want to be a !Zentradi
>>
File: MF11Klien1.jpg (66KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
MF11Klien1.jpg
66KB, 704x400px
>>55264676
>6
>>
File: fTxS9kn2IrCDMNaPRDBTfKBI5Uv.jpg (15KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
fTxS9kn2IrCDMNaPRDBTfKBI5Uv.jpg
15KB, 780x439px
>>55263250
Flying one of these?
>>
>>55264807

Personally perfer something like this.
>>
File: excuse me what.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me what.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>55264013
>>55263996
>reduce the penalty by 1 without increasing the number of attacks
>reduce the penalty by a whole fucking /1/ point if you spend a feat and the cash to buy two weapons

jeebus crust you're better off taking weapon focus, I thought that feat was at least reducing it by 2, what the fuck? Who thought this was okay?
What would you even give dual wielding, if not more attacks, anyway?
>>
Is there any particular reason why going Themeless is considered a poor choice? I thought the ability to choose your +1 stat and choose your class skill would be at least decent if you don't like the given options.
>>
>>55265189
You dirty minmaxer, play a character already!
>>
>>55263227
Maybe a little, now that you mention it.
But mostly for that sweet sweet diversity.
>>
>>55265189
Themeless lets you pick your skill and stat, yes, but let's consider what it gives you overall. In exchange for freedom of choice, you get a resolve point, a 1/day reroll, and a 1/day +2. Every predefined theme gives you a class skill, or a bonus if you already had it as one. They don't usually give you rerolls, but they give you thematic abilities - usually ones that give you ways to circumvent problems. The Icon can find helpful fans very easily, the Mercenary doesn't even have to roll to Aid Another if they can attempt it at all, the Outlaw can get around logistical problems if those start coming up, and so on.

I'm not sure Themeless is outright weaker. But it doesn't really expand your options once you've made your choices. It just gives you numbers.
>>
>>55265274
Themeless does manage to dodge the assumption that all adventurer PCs are massively obsessed with something.
>>
>>55265274
Can my Kitsune be Themeless to get all the bonuses, but still have all the fans, attention, and adoration of the Icon theme?
>>
>>55265474
That's an interesting approach. Trying to get everything at once with none of the downsides. I think I know something that would work out better, though. Have you considered making them a rug instead?
>>
>>55265517
>get everything at once with none of the downsides.
I like to think that it gives my character depth.
>>
>>55265716
Icon theme means you put into the time and effort to become one. Got fit, learned videography and editing, publicized yourself and networked, you worked for it and now you can start reaping the rewards.

Anything else just feels like the people who have talent but didn't try/do the work necessary.

>>55264886
What would it be like to live/travel inside a giant spaceship plant person?
>>
>>55265850

They would be very protective and parental. The minds and souls of the ship are gestalts formed from the willing union of dying plant people who's soul are joined to a Root Treet that becomes the basis for the ship. while they join their organic components to regular ship components they have the added ability to subsist on sunlight and water so even if their mechanical systems fail their life support can endure for quite a while.

Over time, the gestalt mind begins to take on a specific personality all of it's own, sometimes paternal, sometimes maternal give or take the composition of souls that form it and adding a new soul into it will cause a further change still.
>>
Hey I'm gonna DM a starfinder campaign and I want to play a character without being useful, like a weak sidekick or a comic relief.
Would that be annoying, if not any ideas for the character ?
>>
>>55264676
Is it wrong that I actually want to do this? The entire party will be my smol friends
>>
>>55266963
I forget to say that this character would come originaly from a gang, but once the PCs destroyed the gang he ask for mercy and to join the crew
>>
>>55266963
>NPC that occasionally shows up and does exposition?
No problem
>NPC that tags along, makes skill checks, joins combat
This is bad
>>
>>55267032
Ok so my npc can't fight but what is supposed to be his personnality ?
I'd like him to be wacky
>>
>>55267056
Honestly even with this underpowered comic relief shit you're potentially stealing a role from one of the PCs.
>>
>>55267071
I need someone to explain the vilain's goal.
And I like to my NPCs to be weirdos, I'm going for a LISA the painful vibe so bizarre NPCs are a must
>>
>>55267154
>Will this be good u guise?
>No it wont Anon, don't do it
>I'll do it anyway
Why bother bringing it up here anon? If you just wanted to discuss how interesting your DMPC is going to be then cut to the chase and discuss him.
>>
>>55267356
Or better yet, DON'T.
Because honestly we do not give a fuck about you or your shitty DMPC if you are going to ignore our good advice.
If you need an NPC to explain the plot then you did a shitty job as a DM, because the story/adventure should have enough clues or scenes for players to figure shit out on their own.
>>
>>55267484
No need to be rude, I'll ditch the sidekick I'm very new at DMing so that's why I ask for tips
>>
>>55263175
>keeping it covered at all times in public except around the closest of people.

lets be real it's probably a dick, and since dicks dont have bones it fits with >>55263212
>>
>>55268236
It's actually just classic traditionalism, the Kasatha came from a desert world where covering your face might be a good idea, and over time they made the realization that hey, if you're covering your poop hole, why aren't you covering the hole that makes the poopoo?
>>
WHERE THE FUCK ARE SOME PRE-MADE MONSTERS AND NPCS YOU LAZY FUCKS?
>>
What music is your group listening to while you play? Not gonna lie, we usually listen to fantasy music for pathfinder/d&d, and im super excited about branching out and giving the players more freedom in what to put on the ships stereo..

What is your parties go to music/time peroid/genre?
>>
>>55270468
Gradius in Classic
>>
>>55270158
There was no time for that, since they absolutely had to have this ready for sale at GenCon. Fortunately, all your bestiary needs will be met in October for reasonable PDF and hardcover prices. Until then, rules have been provided for conversion from Pathfinder. Yes, the Pathfinder bestiary was designed with a completely different approach to balance, but there are rules for this, so it should be fine. Really.
>>
>>55267002
What type of Giant would you be?

Would you scour Macross Frontier and play as a Giant Shirren who is really into pop-music?

What about a Large Plantfolk? Helps cut down on the food needs if you mostly need sunlight and can have a tree house installed for the Ysoki in your party.
>>
File: 448.jpg (18KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
448.jpg
18KB, 373x344px
So how is this game? I'm thinking about running it for my buddies.

I am worried slightly though, what's with the shitposting about gender politics? Does the game have some weird tranny system or someshit?

I could look past it if it isn't too overt, but my buddies and I are all pretty much /pol/acks so they'll give me endless shit if it's too nutty.
>>
>>55270692

Large Plantfolk is an interesting idea. I was thinking for re-envisioning the sarcean (whatever the hell they are called) that live in the Diaspora and just say they are giants who have to use power armor if they want to move around in normal gravity so in most places they wear their power armor suits for basic survival needs
>>
File: dancing.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dancing.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>55270468
If you don't treat this game's music like Guardians of the Galaxy, you're doing it wrong

>tfw my players blew up a defensive Orbital station singing along to 'Dancing in the Moonlight'
>>
>>55270872

It's mostly to do with fluff for two of the races: Lashunta can "choose" which of two subraces they can become, when the subraces were gender-specific in Pathfinder. Androids are also noted to sometimes choose a gender identity in contrast to their chassis.
>>
>>55270872
The Lashunta are a core race written as an allegory for transgender people, the Serum of Sex Change exists and is a thing, Androids can explicitly be genderfluid, and one of the first major threads on the Paizo forums was someone rating the book on its queer inclusivity factor titled "Let's Queer Up Starfinder!"

A lot of this isn't actually critical to the experience, but shitposting has never cared about that. Even so, given that little spoiler there, there's a decent chance you'll get endless shit for it anyway.
>>
>>55270942
>>55270946
well if it's just a feature on a robot and one special snowflake race I think they can handle it like adults, they'll still probably give me shit over it though, but I've been looking for a scifi rpg that isn't Shadowrun or the 40k RPGs for a while now, as we've beaten half a dozen campaigns with both of those systems.
>>
>>55271028

The race isnt even that bad unless you knew them in pathfinder. It used to be "males are stocky and gruff, females are lean and charasmatic"

Now its: "both males and females choose whether to be stocky and gruff, or lean and charasmatic"

It is only a problem in comparison
>>
File: what.jpg (221KB, 990x501px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
221KB, 990x501px
>>55271028
The book feels a bit heavy-handed, since stuff like this never comes up in star wars and the closest it sorta-may-have in star trek was a small handful of scenes over multiple movies and series with shapeshifters.

Most people never even think about stuff like this since it's so rare - as loud as it is on the internet - but just kinda understand that it's the future so shit like that can probably be done, but they'll be thinking in terms of spies and the such.

So it is a bit blatant to have bits in a book about how choosing one's 'gender' is not only a thing but somehow also means something other than 'changing what your organs are' or about how people should learn what it's like to be something else and how important potions of sex-change are.

But, though it feels heavy-handed, it IS only a few small sentences here and there that you can for the most part ignore.

And ignore it you will because you're going to come across mechanical sections that make the entire game grind to a screeching halt as everyone looks at the numbers and does pic related.
>>
I have some questions for my players that I can't answer because english isn't our first language and I have a hard time explaining characters (and the rules for them)
>What's the character that's the closest to an inquisitor ? How to play him ?
>Easiest way to play a comtemplative for a first player ?
>Why is the skelington so broken ? If not please explain why
>>
>>55271121
Not that bad from that perspective. I'd argue the Lashunta are still a pretty terrible race, but that's mostly because the CRB is too focused on how everyone loves them and they're great. Shirren are a more interesting psychic race, and elves could already cover both the nature bond and the air of superiority and actually be interesting while doing it.

They forgot the part where they make the race interesting outside the allegory.
>>
>>55271190
>elves could already cover both the nature bond and the air of superiority and actually be interesting while doing it.
Too bad they're worse at everything than Androids are, mechanically.
>>
File: 1436495325873.png (273KB, 422x335px) Image search: [Google]
1436495325873.png
273KB, 422x335px
>>55270872
It's totally fucking baffling to me, too. This is a game about adventures in space, not gender dynamics.

As far as I can tell, there's one item that lets you swap your sexual characteristics. It's 350 credits and about 15 lines of single-column text. /SFG/ will not shut the fuck up about it.

Please, please, please let's not turn /SFG/ into Eclipse Phase General.
>>
>>55271168
>And ignore it you will because you're going to come across mechanical sections that make the entire game grind to a screeching halt as everyone looks at the numbers and does pic related.

Uh oh, like what?
>>
>>55271227
It really should have just been rolled into the serum for appearance in general. That's really the only problem with it.

>>55271232
Short version: a lot of skill checks scale based on the level of the target, and skills like hiding from people of your level or lying to them become proportionately harder than they were at earlier levels, unless your class specifically specializes in doing that thing. Most classes are not specialized in doing more than one or two things and at high levels are fucked outside of those things. The two dedicated beatsticks don't get to specialize in any skills at all, and are fucked at any equal-level scaling check at high level.

More troubling is starship combat, which is just broken. Any action more complicated than basic piloting or shooting a gun requires a skill check, but the DC increases by 2 or even 3 each level when your applicable bonus maybe increases by 1, 1.5. Things that are perfectly manageable at level 1 become a genuine challenge at level 10, and outright impossible for all but the most dedicated characters by 20. The absurdity of this has been acknowledged and the design lead himself says it will be addressed... but who knows when that will actually happen.
>>
>>55262651
>all they cared abou
>they mentioned it once
>therefore it must be the one and only evil thought in their evil heads
It's weird how people who are offended by things act like they don't even exist outside the context of being offensive.
>>
>>55262900
Personally, I think that you're actively looking for a reason to be offended at transsexuals.
>>
>>55271288
Well that fucking sucks, I wanted to play this game too.
>>
>>55270893
>Giant dude/tte in power armor and weapons they think is big and scary
>Is actually sickly and needs help when in 'normal' gravity
This is something anime is meant for. Bonus points if they wind up in a place suitable for you and you're the one carrying them around
>>
>>55271361
It'll take you a while to get to those problem areas. By then we should have a fair number of fixes you can apply
>>
>>55271361
You can definitely play the game. The skill scaling thing is a major design problem, I think, but it's manageable at lower levels - it doesn't really start getting painful until around level 10ish, so if you can manage until then you've got time to figure out any houserules you want.

Starship combat is broken, though, definitely. There's some homebrew being written to fix it, though. Maybe that's enough. Your call.
>>
>>55270946
It kinda makes sense for sapient machines to be fluid, they can mod their body as they like
>>
Has anyone played a game of this yet?
I'm still waiting on my GM to write the campaign out or whatever
>>
>>55271168
>The book feels a bit heavy-handed
>But, though it feels heavy-handed, it IS only a few small sentences here and there that you can for the most part ignore.

It's funny, because I'm only here for the rules and totally ignored the fluff (I always just make up my own setting) I didn't notice any of this. I don't think any of my players read the fluff either because they know I just make shit up and the fluff is mostly irrelevant.

>And ignore it you will because you're going to come across mechanical sections that make the entire game grind to a screeching halt as everyone looks at the numbers and does pic related.

Exactly, my friends are already dissecting the flaws in the rules, I'm sure they're more likely to write a research paper on how the rules are broken before they even read the fluff.
>>
>>55271422
It makes less sense for sapient machines to even HAVE gender. Unless it's an android or something specifically made with the function to fuck other races with actual genders or made to look like a gender on purpose, there's no reason for it to exist.

Even in Automata, those androids are actually sexless and only look like women/young boys because of some weird Yoko Taro backstory. Technically they can have dicks and/or vaginas in any configuration as they want.
>>
Mentioning weird alien gender stuff makes sense in a sci fi setting; if the pon-farr comes upon your character every week or males are eaten during mating that's something that will probably impact the game to an extent. Past that however there's no excuse for going into sex stuff, it's all magical realms. It's like dwelling on the sex lives of D&D characters; I have no need nor desire to know that the gnome jerks it while wearing a dwarf beard. Keep it to yourself. Ditto for some involved story about being a brave trans womyn who went through the emotional gauntlet of buying a vagina potion from the space 7-11; the trans woman I know doesn't make it the focus of every single conversation, or bring it up at all really. Maybe because loudly announcing personal details to people isn't what real people do outside of Tumblr.
>>
File: 1503241653431.jpg (7KB, 253x255px) Image search: [Google]
1503241653431.jpg
7KB, 253x255px
So let me get this straight

this game has

>almost 0 monster/enemy statlines
>an apparently completely broken mid to late game in terms of functionality
>LGBT crap shoved in that will make for endless shitposting
>and flying fucking spaceships is broken, the main reason to play this fucking game

Dead game, goodbye thread.
>>
>>55271297
Actually the devs are all fairly active in the "queer up the game" threads and utterly ignored mechanical ones except for one "okay that's bad we'll look into it" response finally at the end of the DC70 thread.
>>
>>55271495
pretty much, I dunno wtf they were doing when they playtested this. If they playtested at all.
>>
>>55271486
The last bit was my point, they can effectivly try whatever the fuck they like, but you bring up the other point that most machines outside the android line would likely be sexless and pick a pronoun out of convenience
>>
>>55271495
No monsters? What the fuck is a GM supposed to do when he needs some quick enemies!?
>>
>>55271486
>But what do you identify as?
>a vacuum cleaner.
>NO! I mean, your nonbinary gender!
>but I am programmed entirely in binary
>I mean not being male or female
>like a non-organic vacuum cleaner
>Stop mocking the LGBT community!
>But it says dust-devil on this model's side
>>
>>55271549
They very painfully clearly did not. At all beyond possibly some level 1s who had an 'erotic adventure' and shot some white dudes like in the pictures.

But look at the various weapons and effects. Look at the skills. Look at the class balance. Look at starships.

The playtesting NDAs were so people would not disclose that they had played diceless with only the setting.
>>
>>55271566
I want to include that argument some how, debating identity politics with a fucking roomba
>>
>>55271288
To be fair, both 3.5 And pathfinder has similar issues, albeit in the other direction, by level 5 most of my parties absolutely demolish most skill dcs, without hardly trying. The math tends to break down at higher levels which is why I'm assuming most adventure paths end well before lvl 20. Perhaps this was an attempt to address that?

As for the gender stuff, i kind of don't care? My players will either inversely eat it up or totally ignore it, depending on the group on running.
>>
>>55271564
This is they it includes state transfer guide to pull from PF and such, pain in the ass but it should be easy to refluff the goblins as mad martians or something
>>
>>55271626
>>
>>55271640
Makes sense you do you and such, but it feels like alot of this came at the expense of playable content
>>
>>55271366

>Be on spaceship finally
>shyly asks if the gravity can be turned off
>slips out of power armor and swims around in the air freely and is much more confident
>Asks the party to come to my home in the asteroid belt and have them hang off my shoulders as I swim around zero g with no problem

You know I kind of get this idea of 12-15ft tall people who's legs have degredated hence the need for power armor
>>
>>55271657
>just because your builders foisted that french maid voice upon you don't mean you need to identify as female
>but I am a machine, I zimply find ze pronouns more fitting to ze voice
>but don't you want to determine your own identity outside what your makers designed you to be?
>non, I like to help and clean, so zat programming is quite fine where it is
>but you could be so much more!
>but I am happy here
>*enraged wannabe rebel noises*
>>
>>55271668

Well, the book's first run definitely has all the marks of We Rushed to Release in Time for GenCon Syndrome. It'll likely see quite a lot of fixing over the next few months.
>>
>>55271705
Uhhg, it's like war of the chosen chosen blowing theit budget on star trek actors all over again
>>
>>55271190
The Lashunta are meant to be ancient blue space babes, they're *always* the charismatic negotiators with an absurdly refined culture.
>>
>>55271668
Yeah I agree. For a book over five hundred pages a lot feels rushed or glossed over. But paizo does love their splat books.
>>
>>55271728
Splat books are great, but should not be essential to making a game playable. This isn't like patching fucking software, they keep aprocking this like vidya devs, bad ones at that
>>
>>55271694
>*enraged wannabe rebel noises*
You could have just posted that.
>>
>>55271694
There are things worth breaking past one's programming for, like saving the galaxy.

Convincing yourself that you were meant to not only have a biological sex but that you were built as the wrong one on top of that? That's pretty much the worst "breakthrough" you could suffer.
>>
>>55271752
Yeah no, I'm not made of fucking money. The PDF was ten bucks but the book was sixty.

Still, I want to play and android assassin a LA HK 47
>>
>>55264886
>not glorious plantoid ships
Do you even alien, son?
>>
>>55271725
But they're TRANNIES and they EXIST and the setting isn't constantly mocking them for being TRANNIES! Who could get past such a brazen act of SOCIAL JUSTICE WAR as to include entire sentences about identity POLITICS?
>>
>>55271785

Of course we alien, anon. After all, them's good eatin'.
>>
>>55271775
>There are things worth breaking past one's programming for, like saving the galaxy.
Or wanting to be something other than a person's property.
>>
>>55271816
The only good bug is a dead bug!
>>
>>55267032
>>55267071
>>55267056
The key is "potentially".

If no one wants to play the ship's engineer, then that's what you make. If no one wants to be the Purser/Supercargo and "waste" skills on secondary ship skills, that's what you make.

In Traveller this would be really simple: a ship needs gunners, so a wise-cracking DMPC can be one of the gunners. He drops into ship combats as a cog in the machine, and always has a possible maintenance excuse to not follow the PCs when they go planetside where he might "steal a role". If everyone else has gone to the five bar to meet a patron, he stays behind to be the voice at the other end when "we call the ship" for whatever reason. If you need a fight to be a bit larger than the PCs normally would handle, bring him along and have him keep some part of the fight busy. Not decisive, just enough to anchor his flank. He can be captured, KO'd, or spend a week in the autodoc to illustrate a monster. Not quite as expendable as a ST Red Shirt, but available if required.

Starfinder in "Pathfinder in Space" Adventure Path mode makes this a little more difficult, but not impossible.
>>
>>55271705
I don't really know anything about the business side of TTRPGs, and I get that GenCon is a pretty big deal, but... would it really have been terrible to just not do that? To just wait a couple months, maybe spring it at a slightly less huge deal convention if they didn't want to delay too long?

>>55271725
Yes? I know what archetype they're trying to fill. They just don't bring anything interesting to the table for it that wasn't already doable. The Vesk aren't much more than your local proud warrior race, and I think even they're more interesting.

Maybe I'm not just versed enough in sci-fi to appreciate exactly what the archetype actually is, but they feel more like wish-fulfillment than anything actually valuable even if you cut out the allegory.
>>
>>55271856

They could have, and should have. However, they had the chance to make it the big showstopper of the 50th Anniversary of GenCon, and I imagine they thought the spectacle and timing could guarantee them some easy sales, and they could always fix the book with the next reprint.
>>
>>55271705
A lot of it has no excuse though. There's no reason the basic maths of the game wouldn't be obvious from the start, and they had nearly a year of so-called playtesting before release.
>>
>>55271894
I doubt they pted past like tenth level since paizo doesn't really seem to cater to high level game play for the most part
>>
>>55271486
>>55271566
>>55271626
>>55271657
>>55271694
>>55271775
>sci-fi robots have had genders for roughly as long as they've existed in sci-fi stories
>this is suddenly an outrage now
Well, I can certainly see why.
>>
>>55271893
Oh, the half-century anniversary. Well now, that just changes everything, doesn't it?

I don't know, maybe I'm being too generous, but I find it a little hard to blame the devs themselves. They don't come outright and say it, but reading through some of the AMA stuff they talk about tight schedules and being shuffled around, so it's easy to read between the lines and get the feeling management was screwing them and the game for release timing. The end product is a mess either way, but it makes me a tiny big hopeful about the future. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic about this. I never really tracked PF except through the SRD, so I don't know what kind of bullshit Paizo really got up to there, and how much was the devs and how much was management... or if there was any meaningful difference.
>>
>>55271940
>I never really tracked PF except through the SRD, so I don't know what kind of bullshit Paizo really got up to there, and how much was the devs and how much was management... or if there was any meaningful difference.

Have... Have you never seen any of the pathfinder errata? Or the "Ask me anything" threads? Or justifications for rule changes?
>>
>>55271929
Some have, some haven't. Those that do never had a problem with it either. Data even pointed out he had memorized several databases and was "fully equipped" to interface with female humanoids.
>>
>>55271977
I'm aware of some of the abject nonsense that came from that, yes, but are these the same designers? Seriously asking here; I've never been invested enough to keep track of the big names except a vague awareness that... I think it's Buhlman who's a fluff writer who needs to be kept away from mechanics, but keeps insisting on being heard anyway.

I know the leads are different, but again. Are these the same designers who were making bullshit errata calls? Are SF's designers the ones who were making such a complete mess of PF's ruleset, or is there still some room for a glimmer of optimism?
>>
>>55271977
>Maximum of 3 free actions in a round, but pulling out an arrow, nocking it, drawing and aiming a bow are non-actions and thus immune to it
>Reasoning: weapons that are not bows should not be able to fire quickly

They'd ended up backpedaling that one due to fast and furious backlash though.
>>
>>55272026
Paizo is not a very big company, so while I'd have to actually go look at the credits for the book, it would not surprise me if the same 4 fags that fuck shit up in Pathfinder are the main names attached to the book. That said, Paizo has been pulling in freelancers that did 3pp more and more.
>>
File: 16414315345315.png (49KB, 157x293px) Image search: [Google]
16414315345315.png
49KB, 157x293px
>>
>>55272083
Here, I really want to know the answer to this, so I'll help you out. James L. Sutter is the creative director, the design leads are Robert G. McCreary and Owen K.C. Stephens. I see Buhlman on the design team, but just as "Starfinder Design Team," so I don't know how much influence he'd really hold in that position compared to being Lead Designer on Pathfinder.
>>
>>55270158
there are some in the adventure path and in First Contact
>>
>>55264287
>Change
>Change never changes
>>
>>55271834
>>55271816
>implying the virgin federation, that can't even decide what gender it is, can stand against the chad plants that are constantly pollinating and increasing their numbers
>>
>>55273151

Perhaps, but the feds can't be slaughtered wholesale by spraying their feet with weedkiller.
>>
>>55274055
that all depends on how much weedkiller you are spraying.
>>
>>55274055
You're just making hyper-Chads by doing that, as the plants who survive are immune to normal pesticides.
>>
>>55263065

Already have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uga6da_8HodlVmSDZVMTQwblU/view?usp=sharing

The lore is not 100% canon, some of it is made up by me since this is for a home game, but feel free to use the stats.
>>
You know to all the people defending the tranny shit or whatever just know, this game is pretty much mechanically unplayable atm.

What a mess.
>>
Here's a question...

What was the last Paizo product that you remember that had a wise masculine Good-aligned white male NPC as the leader of a community or group AND was written to survive to the end of the adventure?
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>55275317
>>
>>55275317
Oleg Leveton? Supreme Elect Codwin, LG Paladin of Iomedae and leader of Andoran?
>>
>>55275418
Oleg is described as "stern but unimaginative" and is the bitchboy of bandits who constantly humiliate him. He is neither wise nor masculine.

Codwin is great leader in the setting. And he isn't white. He is literally Obama cosplaying as George Washington.

Surely there are more contenders?
>>
>>55275108
I don't think I'd accept a Novakid, because fire and cold immunity are incredibly powerful here when energy weapons are so much more ubiquitous. If that's just to model them surviving in space, they only need to not breathe and be immune to cosmic rays, or more broadly radiation in general if you're generous. Space doesn't actually involve heat or the lack thereof as a threat. Small arms proficiency and specialization is probably redundant, but I guess it's possible there will eventually be a class that doesn't provide them by default.

Florans are immune to radiation thanks to blanket immunity to poison. Not sold on their stats in general, since they get a net 0 ability adjustment, but I guess that kind of counterbalances their greater than normal number of other bonuses. I hope you're giving them more bows and arrows to use, though.

At a glance, the others look alright mechanically. Maybe give the Hylotl darkvision in general, rather than just underwater.
>>
>>55275701
>Codwin isn't white

Oh... I didn't notice this until I had to look it up.

Any other contenders? No. None. Every other white male leader is either ineffective, a lecher, or evil. All of them.
>>
>>55276039
>Every other white male leader is either ineffective, a lecher, or evil. All of them.
Granted I too have a low opinion of Paizo, but surely this can't be true.
Can it?
>>
>>55275141
> this game is pretty much mechanically unplayable atm.
>>
>>55276039
>Every other white male leader is either ineffective, a lecher, or evil. All of them

Just like the real world than.
>>
>>55276128
Can you name a single good white male leader?
>>
>>55276039
Well, it's an RPG. Most prominent characters are there to fight the PCs. It's the same logic that means the police can never be effective; the status quo can't be acceptable if a story is about to take place. Good people must be incompetent for heroes to be important.

Put another way, how many effective AND good leaders are there total in Paizo games?
>>
>>55276039
>Oh... I didn't notice this until I had to look it up.
Where did you look it up? I was just looking at this.

https://rpg.rem.uz/Pathfinder/Companion/PZO9409%20Andoran%2C%20Spirit%20of%20Liberty.pdf

Full of heroic white people, if you're really feeling deprived.
>>
>>55275933

>I don't think I'd accept a Novakid, because fire and cold immunity are incredibly powerful here when energy weapons are so much more ubiquitous. If that's just to model them surviving in space, they only need to not breathe and be immune to cosmic rays, or more broadly radiation in general if you're generous. Space doesn't actually involve heat or the lack thereof as a threat.

Vacuum only insulates against convection and conduction, as beings of plasma, the body heat of a novakid would quickly be lost in the form of radiation if they didn't have some sort of immunity, which I can only assume comes from the same field that keeps their plasma in humanoid shape. And if this field can protect a being of pure plasma from rapid heat loss, then it would probably do just as well against cold weapons.

As for immunity to fire, the rules say that anything touching a star that is not immune to fire is instantly disintegrated down to the atomic level. Because novakids are made of solar plasma, it only makes sense that they'd be immune to fire, since they basically are fire.

>Florans are immune to radiation thanks to blanket immunity to poison.

Good catch.
>>
File: SYMBOLISM.png (326KB, 434x627px) Image search: [Google]
SYMBOLISM.png
326KB, 434x627px
>>55276273
OK, so apparently it's Birthplace of Freedom, not Spirit of Liberty. Jesus, just reading the titles is making eagles sprout from my face.

https://rpg.rem.uz/Pathfinder/Chronicles%20%26%20Campaign%20Setting/PZO9279%20Andoran%2C%20Birthplace%20of%20Freedom.pdf

So SoL is 2010 and 100% handsome white people, BoF is 2015 and features a black we're-not-going-to-call-him-President-but-that's-what-he-is and a couple of black knights, including a black lady knight. GAZE UPON THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WHITE RACE, or alternatively don't give a shit. It's a book.
>>
>>55276350
Yes, real space involves heat loss through radiation, but Starfinder doesn't model that mechanicall. And while it would make sense for them to have immunities like that fluff-wise... well, even Starbound demands they have an EPP for frozen and volcanic worlds, doesn't it?

It makes sense, sure, but I really don't know how to balance it.

As for Florans, I'd actually be fine if they keep that fringe immunity, just because it's funny. Imagine trying to train Floran clean-up crews.

>>55276443
I've mostly been ignoring this conversation, but that is one majestic bird man.
>>
>>55276443
>It's a book

White Wolf used that defense with their stuff about Gypsies and male pregnancy.
>>
>>55276443
Interesting. The caplocks was helpful and made things more clear.

Just out of curiousity, at what point are you going to provide an example of a wise masculine good white male leader in the Paizo setting?
>>
>>55276604

When you accept your role and start sucking Big Black Cock like a good cuck.
>>
File: Floran facerig.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Floran facerig.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>55276489
>I've mostly been ignoring this conversation
I think that's wise, and I'm like half of that conversation. The other half is either ignoring me or trying to find a competent and good leader in a Paizo module. There's probably one. I'm guessing they're very far away from the action, assassinated/deposed to kick off the plot, or universally derived as a mary sue.

>>55276604
Wrong side of the argument. I'm arguing that there are no wise good leaders in fiction that are also competent, white or otherwise. Without even reading that book, I'm guessing that notObama doesn't actually ever do anything. That's not how stories work.

>>55275108
I'm basically only reading the Floran stats, because they're my favourite, but the photosynthesis aspect seems weird given how their carnivorous nature is basically the first thing you learn about them. I mean, plants breathe and Florans eat.
>>
>>55276197

Good point ignored.
>>
>>55276688
Man, Facerig is cool.
>>
>>55276688
>I'm arguing that there are no wise good leaders in fiction that are also competent, white or otherwise.
I gather that your definition of competent is along the lines of proactive and "getting shit done"? Then yes, let us agree that would lessen the impact of the PCs and is usually not written into an NPC.

But let us remove "competent" then (which was never a requirement to begin with), and just go with something along the lines of "holding things together well enough, but needs the PCs to help push the situation over the edge". Y'know, the way most NPCs are written.

Given those restraints, could you provide an example?
>>
>>55276792

He won't be able to, because Paizo has been drinking the kool-aid pretty bad. I mean, Europeans basically don't exist in Golarion, it's just Far East Asians, Africans and some Pacific Islanders. Oh, and on the off-chance, you might get some Arab.
>>
File: aron_kir_by_andantonius-d6o5mtq.jpg (116KB, 851x939px) Image search: [Google]
aron_kir_by_andantonius-d6o5mtq.jpg
116KB, 851x939px
>>55276792
>>55277005
Of course I can. Wrath of the Righteous is full of, you guessed it, righteous characters of various stripes. Aron Kir comes to mind as a heroic white guy. He's not Good, but he is good, in the same way that you probably wouldn't give episode 4 Han Solo a Good alignment. By your broader definition of "competent", he counts because he advises the PCs.

Or if you're OK with good white guy but don't need that character to be human, we can engage easy mode and pick an elf. Dark skinned elves have enough baggage that if you want an easily identified elf good guy you sort of have to make them white. Aravashnial is as white as they come, from the same adventure and good with a capital G. Again, I'm relying on the broader definition of "competent", given that he starts out blinded and thrown in a pit, but he's another ally to the PCs.

Did you read this adventure path? Or did it look too much like tabletop Diablo? Or did you see the cute female half-orc paladin on the cover and assume that you weren't welcome? I'm honestly curious; I'm as pale as they come without it being a medical condition, but if you asked me to write the 20 most important things about myself then "white" wouldn't be one of them. Why does it matter to you?
>>
>>55277283

How very nice of you to move the goalpost.
>>
>>55277283
Appreciate the effort, but not really what was requested.

Aron Kir isn't "Good". Sure he's a likeable anti-hero in his own way, but we were looking for Good-aligned leaders.

And sadly while Aravashnial is very Good, and a former leader, he doesn't quite hit that "masculine" requirement being an elf and a wizard.
>>
>>55265517
based
>>
File: Cover.png (590KB, 682x466px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
590KB, 682x466px
Alright /sfg/, I want to see your interpretations of this. On P. 253, the CRB gives us an example of how cover works. However, I think they've chosen the details of this somewhat poorly. We can probably agree that Obozaya, in example 2, has cover from the ksarik. But how, precisely, does the line drawn to demonstrate this actually provide her cover? How does it do so without also implicitly providing cover to Altronus, the terribly built iconic Solarian who is in unobstructed melee with the ksarik?

Can you articulate it, /sfg/?
>>
>>55277283
>The only good white guy in an entire AP about a northern Crusade is some Literally Who that shows up and disappears in a matter of seconds
>>
>>55261807
None, because I'm not using a shit setting based upon an earlier shit setting.
>>
>>55262594
What thread?
>>
>>55278286
>Can you articulate it, /sfg/?

I don't know, has one of them drank a Serum of Sex Change recently?
>>
>>55278379
>What thread?

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ujlp&page=1?Lets-Queer-Up-Starfinder

Currently one of the most popular threads about Starfinder.
>>
Obviously we can tear apart Paizo's setting all day,

But what would a competing /tg/ setting have for Starfinder? What would you include?
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 787x307px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 787x307px
>>55278286
They should have just done it XCOM style and just make it apply arbitrarily on a 4 way axis

It worked perfectly well. The move/shoot/overwatch/hunker down mechanics with the low/high cover system was really quite robust.

>>55278452
I'd probably make basically the same thing but completely remove "magic" and the planes and replace it with "psionics" and some other metaphysics
It can do 99% of the same things as magic but without being at odds with the science fiction half of the setting
>>
>>55278452
I'd want to figure out the general target scale of starship combat and fluff it accordingly. My feeling is that what they really want is Star Wars style close encounters and fighter dogfights, but aren't willing to commit to that explicitly. But to get that in a cohesive setting, you need a way to explain why people aren't shooting each other with lasers and relativistic shotguns from multiple light-seconds of distance.

Then make everything in space have it.
>>
>>55278286
1) There is no cover at all involved between them and the two are in melee, thus the AoO on ranged.

2) Pick any corner of the lizard's square, and draw a line to each of the corners of the tentacle beast's bigger square. If you can do this from any of your corners without ever crossing or overlapping (as with the arrow) cover, then there's no cover, but if you can't, there's cover. However, because there's cover, you can fire without AoOs.

3) Even if in reach, this one is very much in cover what with all the walls. Obvious cover is obvious.
>>
>>55278501
I believe the reasoning in Star Trek, even though you can track ships that are running normal across light-years (they *can* significantly lower their cross-section by dropping out of "let's bend and even damage motherfucking space" warp and powering systems down) is massive ECM and FTL sensors against weapons that may not always be FTL - a torpedo can pinch off your warp-field and get some massive distance until its sustainer engine runs out, but phasers are slightly below LS.

That means anyone detecting a subluminal attack beyond a light second or so may even have the time to get out of the way with nothing more than emergency/spacedock-maneuvering-thrusters.

Even shuttles compensate for weaker main computers by having a drastically lower cross-section across any sensor type - way way way less mass, less energy required for warp, lower heat emissions, etc etc etc.

That does also mean that when something's not up to date, targeting distances increase ridiculously fast.
>>
>>55278496
>Remove the planes to streamline the system and make things clearer
That'a what 4e did.
That is Haram.

>>55278501
I think that depends more on the campaign.

One where people have the backing of proper militaries and proper ships are doing the boring, hard sci-fi stuff that Traveller does better.

But if you are space murderhoboes working between the Volkan Alliance of ships that should have been scrapped versus the People's Organization for the Liberation of Space Chad, you could justify cheaper ships fighting out over/inside asteroid cities and space stations
>>
>>55278501
>But to get that in a cohesive setting, you need a way to explain why people aren't shooting each other with lasers and relativistic shotguns from multiple light-seconds of distance.

Oh, that's easy.

Capital ships (that is, battleships and larger) project a sort of wide-range "Hard Shield" that is significantly more difficult to crack than a ship's personal shields. However, the shield allows slow objects to pass through unabated, such as torpedoes, missiles, and fighter craft. Therefore, a common tactic in proper fleet engagements is to fling huge amounts of missiles, fighters and bombers towards the enemy while you either work to bring down the capital ship or bring down the shield.
>>
>>55278556
But anon, the rules don't rule out cover applying in melee. And using these rules, I can draw a line from one of the Solarian's corners to one of the monster's corners and have it run along a wall. And according to the example given, just having it run along the wall is enough to grant cover.

But if the issue still isn't clear, let's change this a little. Let's make it a five foot wide hallway, however long you want, with two people on opposite ends. No matter which corner you choose, at least two of the lines you would draw to check for cover will run alongside the walls of the hallway. Going by the example in the book, these two people at opposite ends of an empty hallway have cover from each other.

So why don't they?
>>
File: Starfinder Character Sheet.jpg (414KB, 1244x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Starfinder Character Sheet.jpg
414KB, 1244x2000px
>>
File: open_cycle_gas_core_NTR.jpg (290KB, 1600x2271px) Image search: [Google]
open_cycle_gas_core_NTR.jpg
290KB, 1600x2271px
>>55278501
One good way to cover this from the old Heavy Gear set would be rules for weapons against known trajectories.

Once you get far enough that the endless (and highly automated) war between countermeasures and burn-through start greatly advantaging the defender, there's little point in trying to shoot them.

That is.... If they're actively avoiding you.

You can, however, plot the navigation of, say, a railgun slug, or even a sustained beam weapon (though that quickly becomes a slow heating job compared to tossing a chunk of metal 30 days away) to negate those range penalties and more, but any change in the target will result in a miss. Nevertheless, it can be rather handy to send missiles off to the outer system where they'll play quiet minefield until something they're programmed to go after shows up, or for planets and stations to at least buy time as they fire towards some asshole fleet that just jumped in around pluto. 3 days of having to jink a constant stream of attacks could get maybe lucky once in a while, but far more importantly will seriously fuck with the crew on the receiving end, who's not showing up to that battle feeling fresh.

And if their sensors happened to be offline or otherwise diminished.....
>>
>>55278771
But you can draw a line from one of the solarian's corners that never has to run through or along the wall.

The Vesk can't since it's right on that corner.
>>
>>55278771
By RAW, a 5ft hallway would cause cover.
I didn't say it was well written, I was just saying how it is.
>>
>>55278773
>no helicopters of any kind
You white, cis-male patriarchal asshole
>>
>>55278684
Planes honestly make me feel less invested in a setting.

Oh yeah, this place is super important, despite the fact that literal fucking heaven exists and we can go there. Several kinds of heaven besides the actual one even.

The bigger and more fantastical the majority of the setting actually is, the less interesting the one you spend most of your time on is.

But then the Planes themselves get like fucking zero development, so you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>55278810
So the actual rule of cover is not to check from a corner, but check from every corner and see if any of them work. Alright! That's not exactly what's written, but in practice, that's clearly the intention.

Even accepting that, real issue still isn't actually the cover rules, it's the example. The cover rules say "if any line from this corner to any corner of the target's square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect" while the example says that simply passing alongside a border is enough. Obviously, passing alongside a border isn't enough; you get the absurd 5-foot hallway that grants cover if you take that interpretation.

But Obozaya does have cover. I don't think anyone will dispute that. So can you articulate the implicit assumption there that they're not actually spelling out? Can you articulate the distinction between Obozaya's situation and the people in the empty 5-foot hallway?
>>
>>55279085
well they say pick a corner. you can check every corner but arguably it should be rather obvious which is the cleanest one and you check from there.
>>
>>55279085
passing through border implies going through at least one square 'alongside' in that way. Basically on the grid the wall and the line of fire overlap.
>>
Huh... I may consider playing an Ysoki now.
>>
File: 1468423410097.png (309KB, 682x379px) Image search: [Google]
1468423410097.png
309KB, 682x379px
>>55279190
>Human with animal-ear accessories

DELET
>>
>>55278820
I think the rules work with a single clarification: You check line of effect from the corners of the attacker to the same individual corners on the target.

Codified more clearly: Draw a line from each corner of the target to the each respective corner of the attacker. If one or more but less than half of the corners are obstructed, the target is in partial cover. If half or more of the corners are obstructed, you have cover.

Based on the other admittedly disorganized rules, that would suggest that Altronus has no cover, Obozaya has partial-cover (tangents to corners do not qualify, so he has only 1 corner obstructed) and Raia has cover (3 corners).

Using this tweak, if the ksarik moved 5ft north, Raia and Obozaya would both have partial cover. If Raia instead moved 5ft north, she'd lose cover and have partial cover instead.

This fixes >>55279085 because the hallway would not obstruct any of the four corners.
>>
>>55279190
Ysoki are filthy dumb rat scum and will answer on the Day of the Trap.
>>
>>55279249
Ha, yes, tweaking the rules would fix it. But I think you don't quite need to do that, you just need to make one little assumption clear here.

Obozaya has cover because she's on the wrong side of the line. Running parallel to a wall isn't actually enough; the real check, at that point, is to extend the wall along the full length of the line being checked. If this blocks the line, as in Obozaya's case, cover happens. In a 5 foot hallway, this doesn't change anything, because both opponents are on the same side of the wall. No matter how far you extend it, it won't ever cut off the line drawn between them.

I think that's the unwritten assumption here. And it's... simultaneously understandable and just a little weird? I'm not sure if it's actually weird, or if I just can't articulate it in the right way.
>>
>>55279317
>and will answer on the Day of the Trap.
OoooHHH! that sounds fun! I have my Serum ready and waiting.
>>
>>55261807
>enter the drift
>find a giant golden Buddha statue free-floating in lotus position
>tranquillity and calm
interdimensional pitcher plant
>>
>>55265112
using your attack stat to give a minor bonus to defense (i.e. deflecting with your offhand)
>>
>>55261807
>Open bolt far in advance of magazine
>Charging handle and pump action
>Rear irons three whole inches further forward than they need to be.
>Loose shells hanging around despite weapon being magazine-loaded.

This dude clearly knows jack shit about guns.
>>
>>55268236
>since dicks dont have bones
human dicks don't, but that's not even true of real world animals
>The baculum (also penis bone, penile bone, or os penis, or os priapi[1]) is a bone found in the penis of many placental mammals. It is absent in the human penis, but present in the penises of other primates, such as the gorilla and chimpanzee.[2] The bone is located above the male urethra,[3] and it aids sexual reproduction by maintaining sufficient stiffness during sexual penetration. The homologue to the baculum in female mammals is known as the baubellum or os clitoridis– a bone in the clitoris.[4][5][6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baculum
>>
>>55279681
But does it look cool?
It does.
That's why he wins.
EVERY TIME.
>>
>>55279718
I think it'd look cooler if it were just a normal Remington.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (60KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
60KB, 540x531px
>>55279705
What Starfinder races have dick bones?
>>
>>55265112
Eh, it reduces penalties which is hard to come by in core. Small arms are super cheap compared to long arms or heavy weapons too so its not so bad there. It mostly seems to be a small buff for certain operatives and soldiers who get lots of attacks from their class.
>>
>>55279874
>What Starfinder races have dick bones?
hopefully none as the phallus is a symbol of oppression
>>
File: 1457629995288.png (96KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1457629995288.png
96KB, 519x370px
>mfw I just want to play Starfinder but nobody's making games and everyone's killing the hype with pointing out the half-baked SocJus elements inherent to the system
>>
>>55278407
Am I to azsume a significant number of posts/posters have been shoahd?
>>
>>55280116
Like, they're not even inherent to the system, they're just bad fluff.

I wanna play/run in a starfinder game thats 2 parts Outlaw Star, 2 parts Phantasy Star Online, 1 part Bebop and 1 part Firefly. None of that involves any of that junk. Let there be space catgirls shooting lasers at killer robots on the new frontier of a colony ship hovering above mysterious planets.
>>
>>55280155
Get help, anon. I think you may be unwell.
>>
>>55280116
>Get to play it, but suddenly there's schedule issues and people leaving
>>
>>55280116
Two weeks, Anon.
>>
>>55280204
Sorry, I've been indulging in a lot ofnmemes lately. But Paizo does tend to crack down upon dissent, so I was wondering if that was the case here. IIRC, deleted comments on the forums don't even leave a trace of having existed.
>>
>>55280358
Don't be ridiculous. There were no deleted comments.
They did however do some "cleaning" to keep the discussion on topic.
There is no censorship here, please move along.
>>
>>55280300
What's in two weeks? Alien Archive?
>>
>>55280466
dissent could potentially be a problematic trigger for other people, and so is against the terms of service of the forums. only ciswhite oppressors who identify as cismale men would ever threaten forumgoers with dissent.
>>
>>55280358
Oh, yes. Several posts have been deleted over the course of that thread, explicitly announced each time. On one hand, yes, they're silencing discussion and a certain amount of dissent. On the other hand... I have no real sympathy for anyone caught in it after the first deletion. When they've already made it clear they're going to delete those conversations, you really should know better than to keep having those conversations there.

I'm more annoyed by a separate thread, where they deleted a post that was calling K.C. Stephens out for the wreck that the starship chapters are after he acknowledged they were a problem. "How the HELL did this get past playtesting" is apparently a bit too prickly when directed at a staff member.
>>
>>55280784
They could either admit there was none, or go after the person asking questions.
>>
>>55280877
Paizo is a friendly inclusive community that welcomes open and frank discussions.
>>
>>55280877
No, this is after Stephens already explicitly said it was a problem. The fact it is a problem is not in question. It wasn't a dissent thing - it was purely a matter of deleting a post because it strayed too far form a civil tone. Which was... not very far. From memory, I'm pretty sure that exact line I quoted was the most offensive thing about it, and the rest was a completely reasonable analysis of design goals and expectations.

I don't really care about the screening in the Queer thread, because one of the staff members drew an explicit line in the sand and deletions started /after/ that. Whatever. I understand not liking it, but if they as a company don't want to host a particular conversation that they already feel is settled for their product line, I don't really care. This particular call-out's deletion was purely because they're thin-skinned. Stephens admitted he was a problem. He got called out for letting it get past playtesting in the first place. It was just a tiny bit too harsh, and predictably got deleted.

I'm not annoyed by a company policing the contents of its forum on matters its staff consider settled. I'm annoyed by them erasing valid criticism because one of the moderators or someone else is too thin-skinned to tolerate an ultimately mild expression of frustration.
>>
>>55280954
The kvetching here makes it clear that there weren't enough franks in the discussions.
>>
>>55280988
Stephens admitted the rules were a problem, not that he was a problem. Maybe he is, I don't know his history, but I goofed there.
>>
>>55275108
That's a lot of dex bonuses being thrown around, holy shit. I feel like the Apex and Glitch should have Str and Con instead of Dex, respectively.
>>
>>55281013
come now, we can all agree that a MidWest white male who identifies as a ~meat popsicle~ is a problem
>>
>>55280988
I also realize I wrote this spiel after misinterpreting the exact point anon was making.

I will let this stand as a monument to my illiteracy.
>>
>>55281009
People had been frank in open playtests before, and the result was a firestorm when it was discovered that they just jacked off and went retail with the stuff as it was anyways (or sometimes somehow worse instead).

So this time they locked the doors and windows and just 'told' us it had all been worked out.
>>
File: 250px-Peppy643D1.png (64KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Peppy643D1.png
64KB, 250x353px
>>55281069
The inability to make it as though posts never existed.

It keeps us all marginally more humble.
>>
>>55276688
Florans actually do have photosynthesis though. Pretty sure it states in the game's wiki that they use it.
>>
>>55281144
Yes, but 'not need to eat' is flatly false.

Also

>Unisex

Also flatly false.
>>
File: Itasha 2025.jpg (96KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
Itasha 2025.jpg
96KB, 750x410px
>>55281187
Indeed. There are pistil Florans and stamen Florans.
>>
>>55280116
>>55280191
Been running my own game of Starfinder for the past month while we've waited for a player to return to town. In three sessions my players have done the following:
>All members were accused and convicted of a crime. Mechanic for sabotage of a noble vessel, Operative of citizen trafficking, Soldier for raiding a noble vessel, Solarion for stealing and selling forbidden Solarion tomes on the black market, Mystic for murder of a noble family, Envoy for kidnapping.
>Were sent to a jail, but halfway there were picked up by another vessel, and taken to an off-site asteroid prison in the Diaspora
>Ysoki Operative channels his inner Pickle Rick when he realizes that Datapads to cells are 5 ft. above the ground
>While on its way back to the Mechanic, stealth drone crits three times in a row on the Warden, killing it
>Break out of Jail through a secret wall, connect dots and realize prison is just a work camp to excavate a ruined city in the asteroid
>Almost lose in a 1v5 against a Goblin Bone Trooper behind a waist high counter
>Nearly lose 1v5 vs. Bone Trooper Technomancer
>Confiscate a heavy mining transport, and leave the asteroid
>Mechanic goes through data he and the Operative found on the Warden's computer
>Realize they were framed by the Aspis Consortium, and then sent to an off-book prison work camp.
>Find Consortium Outpost elsewhere in the Diaspora
>Pose as the new Outpost's next monthly shift
>Soldier is panicking as she is losing in a 1v4 against the Outpost's Leader, an Aspis Watchdog
>Soldier is one of the 4
>Eventually barely win,
>Find kidnapped noble child who can help clear their names of the crimes they were framed for
>Get the fuck out of an exploding Outpost, commandeer an Aspis Consortium Transport as its faster than the mining one, and leave
>Clear their names, housed by the Noble Girl's extended family
Can continue if you want, don't know if this is interesting. This covers first two sessions.
>>
>>55281230
five of them can't handle one goblin?

how were their rolls? is this indicative of a system issue or are they just idiots?
>>
>>55281230
are enemies seriously that tough?
>>
>>55281076
There was a closed beta this time. I was a part of it. Some of the stuff got fixed. A bunch didn't. They didn't even have the value of a credit nailed down yet in the last version they sent out for testing.

Glad they dumped the way stat points were working before, but it looks like they fucked up accounting for the switch.
>>
>>55281260
>>55281278
Bone Trooper is a +2 CR template with damage reduction in a system where CR is functionally hit dice. If this is a starting party, I can definitely believe that a combination of bad rolls, some stupidity, and that template would make for some surprisingly nasty fights.

I don't know anything about the Watchdog though.
>>
>>55281290
How were they before?
>>
>>55281260
They're unlucky. Ysoki failed Perception check to notice Goblin had no flesh, and tried to knock it out. Mystic didn't try to Mind Thrust and tried firing at the Goblin, missing. Soldier tried to attack Goblin without trying to get over the counter. When they did hit, DR 5/- from the Bone Trooper template made their attacks do very little.

They weren't making terrible choices against the Goblin, but when the entire party rolls anywhere from 1 to 7 in a round for attack rolls? Issues occur.

But sometimes yes, they're complete idiots. Love them though.
>>55281278
Party made assumptions about the Bone Trooper enemies that I wasn't going to correct. They fared better against the Technomancer by virtue of using better tactics and abilities against it, it just has a higher health pool than the Goblin.

>>55281311
Level 3 Soldier with level 2 Equipment. Gave it DR 2/- and Fire Resist 2 from Aspis Consortium Fiddling. They rolled mediocre rolls for the most part, up until the Soldier managed to deal a decisive blow with her pike.
>>
>>55275108
Okay. I took apart this entire thing because Jesus Christ a lot of these stats are both insulting and not at all true to the lore for the races.

+2 Dex/Wis seems contrarian to the Apex's lore. They literally traded physical devolution for intellectual evolution. +2 Str/Int seems more fitting.

Avians are fine, though the +4 bonus to engineering seems a little out of place. Maybe boost Mysticism to +4 instead and nix engineering altogether?

Floran don't need to take a hit to wisdom, they're a race of hunters. Sure, they aren't the brightest bulbs in the galaxy but perception is a skill tied to wisdom and they're some of the best hunters in the universe in lore. Also they probably should need to eat, considering they love hunting and eating meat, pretty sure they do that for a reason other than "it's fun."

Why the frikkin friggity frack do Glitch, the heavy, metal, medieval space robots get a boost to DEXTERITY and INTELLIGENCE? They're entire lore has them literally STIFLED in an ancient, outdated lifestyle! Consider a boost to Con and Wis instead maybe?

Hylotl taking a hit to con seems a bit off to me, but I can't really argue any other stat they should take a hit in. Sure, in game, none of the other races really LIKE them, but that doesn't neccessarily mean a hit to charisma... They're probably fine as is, as far as stats go.

Spaceborne is probably a little overpowered as far as the Novakids go, maybe substitute cold and fire resistance with radiation resistance?
>>
>>55275317
You know I am sure you guys making fun of tranny and black people for wanting more tranny and black in games and pop culture in general. "Why do they need people that LOOK like them ? Who cares, just enjoy the character etc..."
And now you're crying about white people not being represented enough in your hobby. Funny isn't it ?
>>
>>55281401
So your players are dumb and have shit luck. That explains basically everything. Remind them to appease their dice before the next session.

Anyway, I'm fine with you continuing.
>>
>>55280116
If the slightest mention of transsexuals kills your feelings so badly, then you have problems to overcome.
>>
Is it still worth going all graviton or photon despite the penalty?
>>
>>55281403
It's the Glitch's stats that bug me the most. Especially since the fluff text CALLS THEM hardy, then no con boost.

Con and Wis would make the most sense, especially since a lot of them are medieval farmers and shite.

And yeah, Novakid being IMMUNE to fire and ice makes no sense. And I mean they need to breathe like anyone else. Go out without a PPwhatever and you'll drop dead just the same. Them dying and leaving behind NOTHING though, that's a little bit much. Leaving behind their brand/icon thing would make much more sense and be nowhere near as crippling.
>>
>>55280988
>Thinskin, thinskin, thinskin, THINSKIN!!!!!!
If this is your only argument, you're in the wrong and you know it.
>>
>>55278973
You think they would just change planes to planets.

But then people would complain about not being able to visit the elemental plane of pony.

>>55281076
I'm reminded of 5e.

People are still salty about it.
>>
>>55281504
How is the DM adding the pony planet any different to adding the pony dimension?
>>
>>55281504
>>55281532
I'm also curious about this? How is stripping away the fantasy fluff from your science-fantasy game, fluff that's part of its identity, and making it more generic soft sci-fi helpful in any way?
>>
>>55281493
...I'm in the wrong for being annoyed? Come on, I already had to call myself illiterate, so I'm clearly not at my peak right now. Spell it out for me a little better. Because you've got an actual point there, right?
>>
>>55281567
the science and the fantasy are at odds with eachother

It's better to just have one or the other
>>
>>55281312
Start with point-buy. Now, instead of a point every four levels, you got two point-buy points every level, which you could bank for later. The personal enhancements just gave more of the points.

Sounded great, in practice it made your racial stat line completely irrelevant and forced hyper-specialization even more than now.
>>
>>55281532
Anon, removing the planes means removing something that someone, somewhere will complain about. They've invested time in learning their locations and the few tid bits of lore from 2e about them. These people are extremely vocal and critical and flush with cash.

How do you think Pathfinder came to be?

>>55281567
I agree with one of the anons earlier about the SF team not picking a theme/idea and building around it. I can understand the business side of them just keeping everything from PF, but I wish they had focused more on delivering a more thoroughly vested product
>>
>>55281466
Yes, for photon. The penalty isn't bad, since unless you're heavy Cha you aren't getting much out of your ultimates.
>>
>>55270468
My game is heavily influenced by Borderlands, so Indie Rock, and the sound tracks to all the games.
>>
>>55281659
Took the chance to slaughter some sacred cows already with Starfinder, why not kill this one?

Hell, why not have the planes now just exist in realspace as their own galaxies?
>>
>>55281478
Well, to be fair, in game (without mods at least) every race needs an EPP to go out onto a moon, and needs heating/cooling/radiation EPPs to survive on the appropriate planets. I know the big mod that DOES have specific racial stats, Frackin' Races, gives Novakids immunity to radiation by default, and some resistance (but not immunity) to fire and cold.
>>
>>55281580
>Because you've got an actual point there, right?
You don't, or you wouldn't be resorting to "THINSKIN THINSKIN" or obvious strawmen like this:

>...I'm in the wrong for being annoyed?
>>
>>55281700
If you've checked out some of the Developer notes for this and other games, you'd see that a lot of time, feelings determine how things end up the way they are. Mike Mearls, for all the hate he gets, had some revealing things about some of the decisions that were made.

I'm pretty sure some developers have cried when told that things would be changing.
>>
>>55281737
I'm pretty sure my point was that I was annoyed valid criticism was deleted because a mildly angrier than normal tone was enough to make it too inflammatory to keep around, and used "thin-skinned" to indicate my disapproval for this with the barely even implied reasoning that the comment was ultimately inoffensive and that deletion was an overreaction. If you are trying to suggest that it was an appropriate response, and that my perception of the events is flawed, perhaps you might try offering that position and some reasoning instead of immediately leaping to dismissal. Maybe I just don't have a good perspective on things, and they were entirely in the right to delete it! Maybe tone control really is that absolutely vital on their forums. Maybe I'm the one overreacting! These are all conceivable situations. None of these are things you put forward.

Actually putting in a little effort would have been much more compelling.
>>
>>55281904
Why you doing this bro? You're too good for bait.
Just let it slide by and look down upon it with a sneer.
>>
>>55281904
I'm pretty sure you were upset that they didn't put up with people saying things they already acknowledged in a pointlessly hostile way and claimed it was their fault for being thinskins rather than the fault of the person misbehaving.
>>
>>55281904
The only thin skin I know is this thing here.
>>
File: tmp_10671-1504381763086839446027.jpg (184KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10671-1504381763086839446027.jpg
184KB, 662x1000px
Let's turn this energy towards something productive.

Tell me about your ideas for quests and campaigns.
Thinking about making an AP?
Are you going to shuffle the deities around?

Which species that we've been introduced to do you think is the best?
>>
I hate shitting on stuff without more exposure, but I don't do heavily politicized crap. Especially sexual politicized crap. Even mild thinking in that directing will kill a creative project, let alone some dedicated effort load the work with it.
>>
>>55284557
>heavily politicized
there are like 2 sentences in the whole book that are about some aliens not having strict gender roles and that's basically it

It's not an issue
>>
File: preach brother.jpg (35KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
preach brother.jpg
35KB, 500x295px
>>55281416
>>
>>55284666
I don't believe you, Satan. Paizo chose to focus more on SocJus than making a cohesive, functional product, and for that this system is rotting straight out of the womb. Nobody's making games for it.
>>
File: zardoz-the-gun-is-good.jpg (53KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
zardoz-the-gun-is-good.jpg
53KB, 600x336px
>>55280049
>>
Does melee need dex, /sfg/? I know it wants it if it can get it, and a dedicated melee Soldier or Solarian should invest at least a little in it. But what about a melee caster? You don't have the points to get all of strength, dex, and your casting stat high at the start. And you want a couple points in con too.
>>
>>55286258
>Radical xenoseeker who views Humanity as a blight, and encourages whoever they meet to reject the penis and embrace the gun
>>
>>55283399

I just listened to a shadowrun game on RPPR and it got me thinking of a decent oneshot that wouldn't be too complicated to run given what little resources we have

Basically the PCs go to get dirt on an executive who's been acting weird and the company he works for wants a clean way to fire but the situation turns south with some unexpected shinanagans
>>
>>55276187
>>55276187
>>55276187
this
>>
>>55281456
Sure thing.

>After clearing their names they get contacted for a job, supposed to meet at a bar/nightclub to meet their new contact
>Mechanic and Mystic get busy on the dance floor, Mystic is wearing parade armor decorated for a wedding
>Immediately are swarmed by a bunch of people thinking she got married to the Mechanic, congratulating her on her wedding
>I've never spoken like an extra on Jersey Shore before but first time for everything
>Technomancer immediately goes to the bar, buys most expensive drink called "Rainbow Whale", which I wrote in as being Space Absinthe, and immediately starts tripping the fuck out
>Soldier eats some pretty decent bar food
>Technomancer bumps into dance floor, throws up on Mechanic, and immediately gets chewed out by the Mystic's new posse
>Decides he has to make it back to the Goblin to figure out what he just drank
>Has to travel great distances as miles of time and space separate him from this grand wizard, and he is but a young hero travelling across this monster-filled forest, armed with but a sword and shield and his cunning
>Soldier watches Technomancer stumble 20 ft. to the Goblin at the bar
>Operative sits down at a table and is joined by a Vesk who leaves his Power Armor near the table
>Eventually everyone gathers up at the table, Technomancer now wants to hunt down space whales to get more of the drink, and is currently holding a small bucket in case he barfs again
>Vesk works for Starfinder Society, offers them a test job to see if they've got the stuff. They have to go to Triaxial to recover a damaged ship.
>Take ride on the SFS-083 Titanhead, a colossal sized exploration and guild hall ship, to the planet. They hit planetside via pod.
>Walk North a few miles to a small sandbar island chain, killing crocodiles and disarming alarm mines on the way
(1/2)
>>
>>55287606

>Find the ship they're looking for: a transport vessel owned by the noble family who've they've become sponsored by. They connect the dots and realize its the vessel they were framed for attacking or sabotaging.
>Enter into a fight with three people who are taking apart the ship: Aspis Consortium soldiers
>Mechanic: "Motherfuckers! I have my drone shoot at the one on the ship!"
>Mechanic's drone gets critted and destroyed, Mechanic grieving loss of drone.
>Technomancer electrocutes one to death
>Soldier rampages onto the top of the ship where two have taken higher ground to fire at party on the beach and in the small wooded area
>Soldier shoves steel-fiber sword through one of the Consortium Soldier's torso
>Last soldier flees into the ocean, getting there faster via a jump jet
>Operative hits with his sniper rifle, but doesn't kill
>Everyone else can either not see him to get a shot, or miss due to range
>Soldier throws pike
>Doesn't roll a Nat 20 but hits even with penalties
>Give soldier an ability reward of +1 Attack Rolls with Thrown Weapons because that was pretty cool
>Leave off as players are repairing the noble transport vessel and enjoying the beach, enjoying all the food the Consortium Soldiers brought with them
>>
How's it feel knowing people on the Paizo forums are insisting the Operative is not only balanced, but the Envoy is just fine and in fact not even a social class?
>>
Hey /sfg/, since I saw something involving Starbound, how would you stat up NovaKids?
>>
>>55287785
So nothing has changed since Pathfinder?

Besides, we've seen with SF that stuff isn't always worked on as a group. It's like the world building thread where people dump what they have, reject all advice, and get paid for it.

>>55288075
Ctrl+F Google and a few people above are working on it.
>>
Any tips for someone running Starfinder for the first time
>>
>>55289130
Have fun

Drink a Monster energy drank, the no sugar ones. Avoid Rockstars.

Did you talk to your players about what kind of tone/campaign you want?
>>
>>55289130
Run the plot for Outlaw Star, it's pretty much picture perfect what the system can emulate.
>>
Don't abuse your droid, they work very hard.
>>
File: 1504469484448.jpg (86KB, 660x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504469484448.jpg
86KB, 660x800px
>>55290450
Droid is for whatever master says she's for, anon.
>>
>>55290490
Dildroid 73 vibrates on command.
>>
>>55290611
All droids vibrate on command, it's a core feature.
>>
>>55289130
Anybody have any real advice?
>>
>>55290653
How the fuck can we. The system is a goddamn mess. The devs have been magnitudes more active on "let's queer up starfinder!" threads than they have on anything related to mechanics, which last I'd checked was roughly a total of one "okay that's a problem we'll work on it" post.

Spaceships don't work although I think one anon rewrote half the chapter so it does as homebrew, skills are completely fucked as soon as they're opposed in any fashion, weapons are all over the place and class balance is unimpressive in the best of cases.

You want advice? Look up Mongoose Traveller 2nd edition.
>>
>>55290653
Tell the Solarion player that they will start as Soldier getting Blitz I believe, everyone else should basically be fine
>>
>>55290653
Nobody has any advice because nobody's actually played the damned game. This thread is full of whiteroom theorycrafters and complainers trying to undercut starfinder because it threatens their pet sci-fan system.
>>
>>55291120
Nobody's played the damn game because it's missing a bestiary and half the fucking system.

Pissed off customers aren't "attempting to undercut". No one here's undercutting someone here is actively working for a rival company and trying to raise awareness of their own system. People are pissed off because the game was not not playtested at all and an entire year of fucking hype turned out to be a goddamn abortion.
>>
>>55291120
>no bestiary
>grenades vastly overpriced
>combat maneuvers are worse than attacking at the best of times
>starship combat is nonfunctional at high levels
>still has trap feats

Y-yeah, damn theorycrafters!
>>
>>55291288
We don't even know what goddamn high level play looks like in Starfinder, they've released a broken system with no way to actually run it and expect us to slather them with praise as we patiently wait for them to release books that make it possible to make a homebrew campaign.
>>
>>55291337
i just love how they didn't see an issue with skills increasing by 1/level and challenging difficulties increasing by 3/level for starship actions.

I mean, who could have ever seen any problems arising from that?
>>
File: 1492445074395.jpg (59KB, 412x398px) Image search: [Google]
1492445074395.jpg
59KB, 412x398px
>>55290978
>solarian should start as soldier blitz

When will this meme die?
>>
>>55291373
Fuck 'em, either they release an errata and we all put this behind us as a shitty start to a ponderous system, or it dies whimpering with the birth juices still coating its misshapen head.

Considering the absurd release schedule they have planned, its likely to be the latter more than the former. Good god, what grips the mind that could make a rational man think a release every other month is a good idea, including the CAMPAIGN MAKING BOOKS?
>>
>>55291288
>still has trap feats

this makes me giggle every time, especially since even the feats that got buffed massively from their pathfinder iterations are STILL trap feats, despite actually turning into at least passable ones when backported.
>>
>>55291120
>pet sci-fan system.
I'd welcome a few more recommendations. Someone was mentioning Stars Without Numbers, and I read that, and holy shit why do people have such a hard on for playing total plebs?

SWN character creation is very much aimed at the "you're an ordinary person" end of the power spectrum, and I really don't see why that's a fun time. Not every game needs to be Exalted, but come on, offer me at least one interesting for my character to do.
>>
>>55291120
I'm actually undercutting Starfinder because it's a young system with serious problems made by a company I've come to despise.

I want to watch it die.
>>
New thread:

>>55291802
>>55291802
>>55291802
>>55291802
>>55291802
>>55291802
>>
>>55291808
Page 6 shitcock.
>>
>>55291818
We've had page 1 new threads that everyone flocked to anyway.
>>
Real new thread
>>55292252
>>55292252
>>
>>55291808
>>55292263
Oh boy, we're doing this again!
>>
>>55291741
Traveller makes a shadowrun-like assumption that PCs have done their schooling, done their training, and have more or less gone into early retirement or struck out on their own as 'consultants' in their 30s or early 40s after proving themselves quite capable. Contacts and allies and enemies abound. The ship system's good; more crunchy but lets you craft all sorts of stuff.

Ashen Stars is for very TNG style play, where much of your capabilities are in getting clues/answers about a situation while the ship system, though interesting and fun enough, is rather simplistic and abstracted. Low crunch, though GM wants to make a whole lot of clues and work more on 'mysteries' and things to be 'solved' than action.

FFG's star wars system with the funky dice fails hard in space if you like anything smaller than a frigate (also the ONLY part of far too many starfighters they've kept "for balance" is the cost and rarity, meaning a TIE Defender is literally a Y-wing but like 8 times as rare and costly), but the ground-game is quite good and can easily be paired with the x-wing minis system instead of its integral space stuff for superb results. Power is relatively low, however; for example someone wanting to be a jedi is looking at finally getting his lightsaber in the endgame.

Fragged Empire is okay both ground and space. fairly different levelling/ability system. More crunchy than ashen stars but less than starfinder or traveller.

GURPS spaceships and various high-tech settings and books can both be a bloody mess AND an utterly awesome fucking trip. Crunch is high, and selecting the precise set of books for your campaign is critical, but done right you've got overlay armors, combining mecha, and forget "grappler ships" you can take your battleship all the way to "I know kung-fu" if you want to.
>>
Does anyone have the pdf or a link to spreadsheets with all the weapons and armor?

Thanks
>>
>>55293954
http://www.starfindersrd.com/equipment/armor/
http://www.starfindersrd.com/equipment/weapons/
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.