[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 46

File: exalted - artist - Tazio Bettin.jpg (877KB, 1588x1149px) Image search: [Google]
exalted - artist - Tazio Bettin.jpg
877KB, 1588x1149px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

Previous thread: >>55156393

let the shiposting continue
>>
First for no games.
>>
Why did this die?

It used to have notable following a dacade ago and now there’s an abortion of third edition for hardcore fans and even the hardcore fans play it using Apocalypse World.
>>
So, does anyone have the latests overpriced NPCs and/or writeups from the leaked core to an share?

Thank you for your generosity. You are the broest of bros Anon.
>>
>>55225740
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>55225740
But the threads are active? Also 1E and 2E were undeniably shit compared to 3E's mechanics.
>>
>>55225705
>tfw you want to run an Exalted game again but you have lot of responsibilities IRL.

Mixed feelings.
>>
>>55225410
What Homebrew content you made are you inordinately proud of?
>>
>>55225740
>even the hardcore fans play it using Apocalypse World

Wrong. It is known that Exalted fans never actually play Exalted in any form.

We sit around arguing with each other about Holden.
>>
>>55225740
Well, a lot of it is going to be content-drought. The 3E corebook is the only release the game line's had in seven years. Even if they thought it was cool, anyone who wasn't a hardcore fan was going to move on eventually.

But I wonder if Exalted isn't starting to feel a little dated. It's all a little Nomura chic; big glowy anime dudes with surfboard swords. The "wouldn't you rather be a badass demigod than a level 1shitfarmer" pitch is a straight reaction to the worst ideas of the 90s. Anyone who remembers the 90s is pushing 30 at the very least.
>>
>>55226317

I always thought hatewheel was the worse of the two to be honest.
>>
>>55226322
>But I wonder if Exalted isn't starting to feel a little dated

I wouldn't call it dated. Most videogames, animes etc are all still heavily inspired by those aesthetics. Especially eastern stuff like japan, korea and china. I would say that Exalted is part of the norm. Same visuals. While early games were heavily inspired by 90s anime; new edition lacks visual identity. It is fully of generic fantasy art you can see in every other fantasy rpg.
>>
>>55226317
>We sit around arguing with each other about Holden

Wait, that isn't exalted?
>>
>>55226317
>>55226627

Imagine if Unconquered Sun exalted somone from the sheer amount of arguing about HoldMorke.
>>
>>55226719
That's more of a thing that gets you an Infernal Shard, honestly.
>>
>>55226719

Zenith or Eclipse?
>>
>>55226745
Self righteous spamming of a point is, admittedly, a very Zenith thing to do.
>>
>>55226745

Zenith. Preaching to the choir
>>
>>55226723
>Shard

Worm poster go and stay go
>>
File: Disgusted-gif.gif (1MB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted-gif.gif
1MB, 343x255px
>>55226811
>not knowing Solar Exaltations were also called Shards
>Deathlords making a big deal of getting 150 shards.

Shameful.
>>
Repostan

What the hell are essence lights? They're mentioned in a bunch of books. What are the rules for them? How do you make them?
>>
>>55227717
In 2nd Ed, they were appliances found in Manses, old First Age ruins and the like. You pay a mote to light one up. There was an Artifact 1 ring that let you light them for free.
>>
New Warstrider art in the monday meeting notes. Warstriders: Great for torching mobs of peasants!
>>
>>55227864
What book?
>>
File: Gunship_Armsofthechosen.jpg (229KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Gunship_Armsofthechosen.jpg
229KB, 816x1056px
>>55228495
>>
File: kveldulv artstation.jpg (164KB, 750x958px) Image search: [Google]
kveldulv artstation.jpg
164KB, 750x958px
>>55228649

I was expecting something more along these lines
>>
>>55228606
Look at Wonders of the Lost Age or Oadenol's Codex for the ring. The lights themselves I can't remember where to find. They don't have an official, separate entry anywhere as far as I know.
>>
File: Firestarter.jpg (503KB, 900x585px) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.jpg
503KB, 900x585px
>>55228649
Should be burning beastmen
>>
>>
>>
File: 601a7ca29ce333316c5032dc958e1aa2.jpg (335KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
601a7ca29ce333316c5032dc958e1aa2.jpg
335KB, 1920x1018px
>>55228649
The Realm on the March! Protecting Creation for Mortals like you and me!
>>
>>55228662
Could still have one look like that if you wanted.
>>
>>55228649
I like the helmet and the weapon. not as fond of the body or shield.
>>
>>55230530

What I mean is it looks like it came from a sci-fi or futuristic game.
>>
Anyone have any good stories from play? Character defining moments, massive obstacles overcome, powerful foes vanquished?
>>
posting in dead game general

check em
>>
>>55230839
My circle used the spell Parting of the Sea to attack a Realm fleet from underneath. We flew underneath on Agata, and the Zenith started punching keels off.
>>
>>55231162

With stories like this I find it hard to envision Exalted. If players are single handedly beating a fleet I don't know what kind of challenge you need to represent so it actually provides a challenge.
>>
File: Descent Into Truth.png (2MB, 1245x7894px) Image search: [Google]
Descent Into Truth.png
2MB, 1245x7894px
>>55230839
This happened in my game, it's quite a read though.
>>
>>55231356
Generally speaking, what you need more than anything else is an Exalt level opponent. Even a lone Dragonblooded, equipped and outfitted appropriately, can be a threat to PCs in a even armies of mortals are not.
>>
The Realm has gone into development, art for Arms of the Chosen is at WW approval and files are being sent so they can start on layout.
>>
>>55231603
*in a way even armies of mortals are not
>>
File: img2-1.jpg (212KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
img2-1.jpg
212KB, 1000x563px
>>55231356
Exalted isn't necessarily about being a challenging system, though there are many circumstances that would prove challenging for player characters (a lot of them supernatural by nature or themselves exalted). Its more about being an awesome demigod who does awesome demigod things in a world filled largely with mundane mortals, but also some other demigods for spice. If I may clumsily use a videogame simile: If Dungeons and Dragons is a Souls-esque game designed to encourage careful building, planning, and other aspects of system mastery, Exalted is a Musou game where you can tap X repeatedly to kill a thousand people effortlessly so you can get to the real dual between you and Lu Bu. Exalted is a game of catharsis.
>>
>>55231565
Got more of the good stuffs?
>>
File: 1503896618956.jpg (41KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503896618956.jpg
41KB, 461x461px
>>55231616
Oh yeah
>>
>>55226811

Worm poster?
>>
>>55231616
You mean Arms in Layout and has the Art for approval, with Realm and DB in development
>>
File: fire immaculate.jpg (116KB, 736x1079px) Image search: [Google]
fire immaculate.jpg
116KB, 736x1079px
>>55231356
We didn't destroy that fleet, actually. We destroyed five ships before they caught onto us (and we only got that far because we bound those mist-demons from Compass: West to cover our approach), and then they rode out on the backs of air elementals to fight us off. We had a very unpleasant reminder that only one of us had Ride, while down on the deck of the flagship the Essence 6+ admiral force-fed our Dawn his own ass.

But we destroyed six of their ships, and didn't lose one warrior, so that's a win, right?
>>
>>55203770

Yeah, this doesn't make sense as explaining why infernals can use SMA.

>Actually this is because Infernals embody their masters
They reflect their masters, and have similar powers.
They don't have the same limitations.

>You know, primordials ARE their nature and can not even comprehend things outside their purview. No primordial, yozi or neverborn can learn martial arts, because the primordials nature as living concepts forbids them to mimic
other concepts.

Infernals can learn Martial arts.
They can act in ways that can't be enhanced by excellencies they know.

They can even make charms for themself (given enough development), or heretical charms that mix yozis.

>In that regard Infernals are fascinating: they mirror their patons to the point of such perfection, courtesy of the maimed solar exaltation in there, if you ask me, they become them.

They only become a Yozi if they learn "(Yozi) Cosmic Principle".
>>
>>55231946
Frankly, it makes more sense to forbid Solars and Abyssals from getting SMA than giving it to Infernals too.

They're all powerful enough. They don't *need* it, except to affirm their status as superking bignuts.
>>
>>55226719
He doesn't choose who gets exalted, but he sometimes sends them a message.

>>55226802

Zeniths always receive a message from him (at least in 2e)

I wonder what sort of message he would give.
>>
>>55232000
Solars have the general theme of excellence. Abyssals, as inverted death Solars, have the same theme, or at least a variation on it. Infernals don't. They are so far mutated from the Solar base that they're barely recognizable. That's one reason why they don't get SMAs.
>>
>>55231857
A shitty webnovel
>>
>>55232034
>He doesn't choose who gets exalted, but he sometimes sends them a message.
2e lol
>>
>>55231826
I need to go back and write up the 3rd day of our Megasession that involved 2 groups of 11 people total crossing over to save the day. We got days 1 and 2 written up. No screencap but I have the Google Doc we wrote it in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T30iWt3UT0QL3yKVXpm86lyxnTfpz3woTTqr08-E4sk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Love_is(n't)_created_img.png (159KB, 332x221px) Image search: [Google]
Love_is(n't)_created_img.png
159KB, 332x221px
>>55232364
>>
>>55228649
I don't like it, no sir. The shield is alright I guess, but I was really envisioning a guymelef.
>>
>>55232420
Not really a fan either, a bit too sleek-tech looking for me.
>>
>>55232441
Pretty sure Warstriders juggle a lot of aesthetics. This one does have a bit of a 'Day the Earth Stood Still' thing going on, but I have no doubt that other 'striders will be channeling Eva or Escaflowne.
>>
>>55232493

Maybe you are right. Or perhaps we will see a classic problem with developers and artist not seeing eye to eye in same way that happened with core book.
>>
>>55232493
I feel it's too heavy on the tech side of magitech. Looking at this it would be at home in many sci-fi settings without changing anything, that I feel is a problem. It's just generic sci-fi robot, with the generic sleek technology feel.

Magitech should still clearly be at home in a fantasy setting, the shield is the only real thing that makes it vaguely fantasy-like. Warforged I think are a decent basis, they're clearly more advanced but still very much medieval fantasy.
>>
>>55232349

What exactly is wrong with that bit?
>>
>>55228649
>Implying you can use that giant robot to hit those peasants.

When will they learn? It's a giant robot. It can't be used to attack people. It is too big and also too powerful to touch people. This picture makes no sense.

The robot should be attacking the wall of a city or something. This picture is thoroughly disgusting.
>>
>>55230839
>hey lads stop drawing so much attention
>hey lads stop drawing so much attention the wyld hunt exists
>hey lad I bumped into the wyld hunt
>hey lads I just got ambushed by the wyld hunt
>hey lads they're in town
>hey lads the wyld hunt exists
>hey lads I got ambushed again, and this time I died
>...
>hey lads my new character hates the wyld hunt
>>
>>55231356
Try yozi attempting to enter Creation.
>>
>>55232716
What do you do with weapons in times of peace?

I could see a DB cowing the peasantry when they get a bit too uppity for her liking.
>>
>>55232932
Don't bother. He's whining that he can't bring his giant robot to every fight and rename the game "Warstrider". Just ignore him before he shits up the thread with his bitching.
>>
>>55232932
>I could see a DB cowing the peasantry when they get a bit too uppity for her liking.

Okay. As long as it is understood that this Warstrider has no chance against those peasants, I can see it happening.
>>
>>55231565
Wait what how was Anju still alive?
>>
>>55233498
Just a guess but I don't think she was really there. Truth still chose to kill her, unfortunately.
>>
>>55232639
3e he chooses his Exalted and only Zenith get any kind of message
>>
>>55233131
Sure it does. It's a Battle Group, not an individual; Battle Groups are big enough to be hit easily by a warstrider.

Now if they scattered and attacked him one-by-one, he'd be proper fucked.
>>
File: facepalmx-2.png (262KB, 475x339px) Image search: [Google]
facepalmx-2.png
262KB, 475x339px
>>55233131
>>
When using Brawl and Melee, should you go with Dodge or Resistance?
>>
File: 1487340535046.jpg (279KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1487340535046.jpg
279KB, 700x700px
>>55233863
Resistance, if only for Ox Body
But why are you going for Brawl and Melee? Why not just one, and then get both Dodge and Resistance?
Or why not Archery and Brawl?
>>
>>55233863
Resistance. They already have a defensive ability packed in.
>>
>>55232364
I remember someone (you probably?) posting that day 2 here at some point.
Thanks for the collection.
>>
File: madness.jpg (31KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
madness.jpg
31KB, 255x255px
>Single Point Shining in the Void Style lets you sheath your sword after every attack
>Stormcaller makes a free full Melee Excellency every time you sheath your sword
>Rising Sun Slash with Foe Cleaving Method gives you free motes for each 10 in your Full Melee Excelencies
>Combine them all for crazy mote regeneration
Rate my cheese
>>
>>55234259
Fiore Sardo/Paesanella Burrata
>>
>>55232319
What's bad about worm?
>>
Does Impervious Sphere of Water control spell effect as the Sorcerer's footsteps leaving wet footprints sound okay?
>>
>>55234447
The fans and the rules the universe operates on.
>>
>>55233795

where is that mentioned?
>>
File: 200w.gif (728KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
728KB, 200x113px
>>55234447
It's written like shit and it's horribibible to try and read
>>
>>55233795

where is that mentioned?
>>
>>55234457
>>55234473

That doesn't really tell me anything.

also if the fans of something are shitty that doesn't mean the work itself is shitty.
>>
>>55234447
It's popular, people like it, they are discussing it instead of discussing about Exalted, sometimes they even mix worm and Exalted. It's simply disgusting.
>>
>>55234546
No, a bad work attracts bad people. Look to shonen fighting mangas, and you see it will be true.
>>
>>55234546
>it is poorly written
>doesn't tell me anything

Are you looking for criticism that aligns with your worldview?
>>
Will Arms or Dragon-Blooded have more spells?
>>
>>55234689

that is self contradictory

how would one tell if something aligns or doesn't align with their world view, when they aren't given any info on it.

Saying "it is bad" and "it was badly written" are functionally equivalent here.
>>
>>55235035
dragon-blooded probably will not have spells, but it will include the Heptagram's sorcerous initiation. also, apparently DB sworn brotherhoods no longer require a spell to be made.
>>
>>55234558
I don't remember anyone discussing worm in an exalted thread, or crossovers with it for several years. Well, until it got brought up now.

That is just what I am able to remember, but where did this usually happen? I can't really see it happening on Onyxpath, although its not implausible.
>>
>>55234455

It sounds fine to me. Although I am not that familiar with control spells.
>>
>>55235186
Eh there's the occasional request for Exalted stories and Alchemical Solutions getting rec'd?
>>
>>55235186
There are roughly two big Exalted communities: the circlejerking faglords, and the autismbux retards. The autismbux retards live in SV and SB and frequently mixes worm and Exalted. The circlejerking faglords live in this general and Onyx Path and don't really care about worm.

Usually one is either a circlejerking faglord or an autismbux moron, but rarely both (no one is that horrible a person). You are a circlejerking faglord, be proud of it.
>>
I forget, is Banishment a thing in 3e (yet)?
Don't have the PDF on the phone atm, gotta erectify that.
>>
>>55235518
No, banishment isn't in the core book.
>>
>>55235416
Helpful addendum:

Typical circlejerking faglords retorts:
>Craft isn't so bad! (only the biggest of the biggest still use that tho).
>Of course a big mecha is useless against a human, it's a big mecha, it can't move that quickly you moron!
>The new!evocations are perfectly fine, I don't see the issue.
>Worm is shit.

Typical autismbux retards retorts:
>Magitek being phased out in 3e is wrong!
>I don't appreciate the tone of the new edition, there's too much magic and not enough explanations.
>Worm is the shit.

Seeing the bias of each community can help you recognize when a particular answer is automatic, stupid, and wrong. Look at the mecha example. It is obvious the automatic deep seated answer of a circlejerking faglord isn't quite right, but you should only think about it in the zeitgeist of a particular community.

Same thing for magitek whiners, or the people who accept the new!evocations, or the people who accept craft. They are only parroting, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Armed with that knowledge, I hope you'll grow up to become a better exalted fan, anon.
>>
>>55235110

My view on this stuff:

Worm has it's issues, but it is well written for what is essentially a first draft.

Some notable problems include:
The pacing, especially towards the end of the story. Most of the story takes place within a month, despite being over 500 thousand words long.
Certain antagonists who are normally smart, suddenly acting like fucking retards.

The fandom has it's own issues.

There are a large amount of cross overs it has with exalted (relatively speaking), but most are dead, and there aren't any that were made recently.

Why don't people like those crossovers? I wouldn't be able to answer that.
I'd guess they don't like worm, or feel it doesn't work as a crossover.
>>
>>55232716

Why can't it attack people?
>>
>>55235690
-4 to hitting singular people
Reflexive assblasting the scenery and battle groups
>>
File: 1432616561807.jpg (74KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1432616561807.jpg
74KB, 1600x1584px
>>55235543
Here's your (you)
>>
>>55235543
>>Craft isn't so bad! (only the biggest of the biggest still use that tho).
But Craft is shit
>>Of course a big mecha is useless against a human, it's a big mecha, it can't move that quickly you moron!
I can understand why they made it so, but I don't really give a fuck about Warstriders or Gunzosha so whatever
>>The new!evocations are perfectly fine, I don't see the issue.
What's wrong with nu!evocations?
(I'm assuming you mean post-leak evocations?)
>>Worm is shit.
The writing is shit, though I find the characters and world somewhat interesting.

>>Magitek being phased out in 3e is wrong!
Magitech was cancer
>>I don't appreciate the tone of the new edition, there's too much magic and not enough explanations.
Everything being explained was cancer
>>Worm is the shit.
Nah
>>
>>55235885
>World's most obvious bait
>He takes it to the hilt
>>
File: Grin_BIG.jpg (102KB, 1278x714px) Image search: [Google]
Grin_BIG.jpg
102KB, 1278x714px
>>55235901
It was so delicious tho
>>
What happens to a demon who's summoning expires while they're in the Wyld? Do they go back to hell even then?
>>
>>55234457
so worm is exalted?
>>
>>55235885
>Magitech was cancer

>Everything being explained was cancer

no
>>
>>55236165

My guess is whatever makes for the coolest story. "Coolest" being determined by the nearest noble raksha.
>>
>>55235690
Because they're much smaller and harder to hit than targets of similar size.

This is reflected in the rules, which makes Warstriders most useful against armies, fortifications, or giant monsters, and less of an all-around upgrade for the user. As a result, warstriders have a specific tactical niche and there are situations in which you might not want to use one.
>>
in 2,5e when using a weapon to parry, does rate limit how often you can do so? If not then there would be no point to carrying a shield and weapon if the sword has the same pdv as the shield? Cause if so then I'm considering beefing up the shield defense stat across the board or possibly giving back the cover bonus because as it is they're just not worth it when a mundane hooksword is better than a shield at being a shield. or are those the stats for a pair of hookswords?
>>
>>55236703
Why do you care about shields in Exalted?
Shields aren't cool.
>>
>>55236737
because exalted does them shitty. they should be cool
>>
>>55235416
>>55235543

Tfw craft is alright, giant robots should definitely be anti-army weapons incapable of a fistfight, evocations are great, I miss magitech, and I want more explanations of fiddly details

>tfw I might be that horrible of a person
>>
>>55232716

That's clearly a battlegroup though, not a singular human sized target.
>>
>>55232879

Triggered.
>>
>>55228649
Is that a sword or a goddamn flamethrower?
>>
>>55233795
>he chooses his Exalted

So the primordials ordered him to choose idiotic, cowardly mortals who were loyal to the primordial regime and the gods' rebellion failed.
>>
>>55236372

What is a raksa doing in the wyld?
>>
>>55226317
I can never tell. I mostly just lurk and keep an eye out for tips/examples of play etc for the campaign I recently started (I.e story time, the great /tg/ equalizer). On the one hand usually these threads argue about seemingly inconsequential crap.

But then people will answer questions about their circle. Like y'all are holding out.
>>
>>55236737

The "Chaos Targe" and "Hungry Shield" are cool.
>>
>>55237219

Everything from Infernals was cool.
>>
so in this system are you really a god or a really really powerful mortal?
Can you rape humans and lesser beings?
>>
When is the Abyssal book ETA?
>>
>>55237219

Couldn't Chaos Targe do Perfect Parries?
>>
>>55237280
>so in this system are you really a god or a really really powerful mortal?
A really powerful mortal in most cases, with at least the potential to become more powerful than most, if not all, gods.
>Can you rape humans and lesser beings?
Yes, though you should expect weirdly framed wording of your charms to prevent you from using them in this way despite the meat of the rule acknowledging sexual situations in play pretty directly and implementing things like the Red Rule to govern them. That's to be expected though, even before Current Year it was a tricky subject.
>>
>>55237322

It allowed you to apply your parry dv against unblockable attacks. The bit about stopping perfects was erretta'd out and didn't really make sense anyway.
>>
>>55237409

>The bit about stopping perfects was erretta'd out

Got a link to that errata? I don't remember seeing it.
>>
>>55237426

It was an unoffical errata from the writer of that chapter:

https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/ink-monkey-bones-9-unofficial-infernal-relics-errata/
>>
>>55237426

https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/ink-monkey-bones-9-unofficial-infernal-relics-errata/
>>
>>55234681
>No, a bad work attracts bad people
If you visit /lit/, you'll find plenty of dumb assholes loving some truly wonderful books.>>55236373
Of course, even wih the penalty against single human-sized opponent, hitting the average peasant or even the average problem wouldn't be problem to the average Exalted Warstrider pilot.
>>
>>55237298
4 years
>>
>>55237608
Fuuu-uuuuck
>>
>>55237322

Sort of.

It allowed you to apply parry DV to unblockable attacks. It didn't make you block them automatically.

In cases like if something would automatically hit with a certain amount of threshold successes, like "Accuracy Without Distance", it probably doesn't do anything.

So what does this mean in practice?

It means you could do some crazy shit with the "Chaos Targe".

Parry a 50 foot wave of acid about to crash on you.
A "Total Annihilation" spell detonating 20 feet away from you.

You can even parry the ground when falling.*
*You probably can't do this. The errata says that "Heavenly Guardian Defense" can't parry the ground (which is dumb as it can parry being encased in lava).
>>
>>55231116

I spend 1 willpower to disbelieve the raksha fantasy.
>>
Did Abyssals resonate just with Soulsteel, and not also with Orichalcum?
>>
What was the Abyssal Limit in 1e like?
>>
>>55238087
They had something called resonance and made everything around them die and look spooky
>>
In 3e, is there a rule against stacking a whole bunch of charms on one attack? For example using Humbling Enlightenment Commentary and Mournful Crane's Cry to both supplement the same decisive attack?
>>
>>55238325
Wasn't that 2e?
>>
File: E5Hp8Vd.png (280KB, 579x472px) Image search: [Google]
E5Hp8Vd.png
280KB, 579x472px
>>55238326
No, go ahead.
>>
>>55226047

Alchemicals and the Heaven's Reach setting guide.
>>
>>55230839

I have one from my exalted modern game. When i get back from work i can post it.
>>
>>55237488
Can you sweep your weapons in an arc?

If you attack all possible positions that a person could dodge to with the sequential movement of time, is that attack not "Perfect"?
>>
>>55236934

Looks like a some sort of essence blade made out of fire essence.
>>
>>55237280
You're technically something like mortals elevated to the equivalent of archangels for the top-tier gods of the setting, created to kill their superiors who normally exist outside the concept of mortality - which you succeeded in doing several times, in previous lives - but that kind of power takes literal centuries to accumulate, so... Powerful mortal. Still more powerful than most gods you're likely to encounter, but that's partly because you can encounter gods with dominion over individual grains of sand.
>>
>>55238325
Any more detailed info?
>>
>>55225740
Why the fuck would you use Apocalypse World for anything. Ex3 has its flaws but at least it's fun to play.
>>
>>55235723
It's attacking a battlegroup though.
>>
>>55225740
Hardcore fans are playing Apocalypse World because 3e is incomplete. It'll see more play when Arms of the Chosen and Dragonblooded come out, since those splats in particular are useful for a GM running a game of Solars.
>>
Do Abyssals that don't have a Monstrance suffer from Resonance?
Or is it changed in some way?
>>
>>55236957
Primordials order that then the Incarnae disobey. The geas just prevents the Incarnae from attacking them directly.
>>
>>55239149
IIRC, no, an Abyssal can only lose Resonance by becoming a Solar again; even without a monstrance, they're still bound to the Neverborn.
That being said, an Abyssal with no Monstrance doesn't have to listen to any Deathlords and can instead do their own thing, which naturally lets them act with Resonance being less of an omnipresent problem.
>>
>>55237924
Just Soulsteel
>>
>>55239149
Yes.
It's a bit more loose.

>Resonance
>Independent Abyssals have never made a personal covenant with the Neverborn. Regardless, they quickly discover that the dead Primordials consider all Abyssals beholden to them, and are disinterested in the independent’s opinion. Worse, they have some capability to express this would-be ownership.
>This marks the Neverborn as an independent’s enemies, not his masters. If he is to stay free and alive for long, he must discover some way to deal with the doom that comes along with his Exaltation.
>Some independents learn through painful trial and error how to exercise their dark power without rousing the ire of the Neverborn. This pleases the dead and dreaming titans, to the extent that they may be pleased; so long as the independent blazes a path of murder across Creation, he serves their purpose, whether he slays the righteous or the wicked.
>But the Neverborn are distant, mad, slumbering things. They communicate only in sudden manifestations of Dark Fate, and in incoherent whispers. Their vision of the world beyond their tombs is myopic, at best. Playing their game is unsatisfying, and so some independents learn to change the rules. Using Charms such as Faithful Killer’s Reprieve (see The Manual of Exalted Power—The Abyssals, p. 140) and Keeper of the Old Laws (p. 46), these deathknights find ways to fool or placate the Neverborn without directly advancing their agenda. This allows them to oppose the Deathlords, avoid the chains that bind their brethren, and act as champions of the dead.
>>
For the purpose of Aegis of Invincible Might, what counts as an "offensive Charm?"
>>
>>55239357

Anything that can be part of the attack roll
>>
>>55226719
>>55232034

Hmmmm.

>The UCS appears before you and says
>"You have been chosen as one of the solar exalted, for your acts of greatn-"
>he pauses as he notices the content of your computer screen and says "-I'm going to be honest here, but I have no idea how you managed to get selected"
>What do you do now?
>>
>>55239505
Stunt: You know you love me. *a-wink*
>>
>>55239505
Use Bureaucracy charms on Onyx Path to finish their splats quicker, and fix their damn crafting and social rules.
>>
>>55239526
>you have successfully seduced the UCS as an E1 babby exalt.

You had better be a resistance supernal. It's your butthole's only hope.
>>
Do you need Melee to use Single Point?
>>
>>55239635
Nope, you can use Single Point ranks. You CAN use Melee if you want too, though, and I reccomend that you do because Melee Charms and Single Point form tend to be better than Single Point Charms and Single Point form.
>>
>>55239526

>He shakes his head vigorously and disappears.
>>
I don't suppose there's a decent Abyssal story somewhere?
>>
>>55239682

Why is it always "Use Melee for defence" and not "Use Dodge or Rsistance" Wouldn't their initiative gaining charms be better suited?
>>
>>55240208
If you have Melee you've already got a solid defense. Dodge is useful for a dip for disengaging, but being able to both dodge and parry isn't going to be as useful as Ox Body.
>>
>>55240183
Dresden Files book Ghost Story
>>
>>55240238
Yeah Dodge 4 (5), Reed in the Wind, Dust Motes Whirling, (Shadow Dancer Method), and Reflex Sidestep Technique is p much all you need, if even that
>>
File: 1491574621522.jpg (416KB, 617x692px) Image search: [Google]
1491574621522.jpg
416KB, 617x692px
What the fuck does a Supernal Linguistics person do anyway?
(Pictured Occult Supernal)
>>
>>55240433
Social Attack, I guess?
>This Anathema got this lost egg to listen to him for 4 hours straight. In the end he got her so confused she thought she was the Scarlet Empress and grains of sands were her subjects.
>>
>>55238369
Both, actually, but it was quite a bit more complicated and severe in 2e, to the extent that the book suggests you tone it down on the same page it's introduced.
>>
>>55240208
Use whatever you want for defence; I was suggesting you use Melee for offence. For all intents and purposes, Single Point is a 3-Charm tree ending with the Form. After that, it's worth it to just use Melee Attacks and Melee Charms, since they're vastly superior.
>>
File: the_hunter_by_pilin-d4vbduj.jpg (86KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
the_hunter_by_pilin-d4vbduj.jpg
86KB, 900x695px
What's the best way to be a heroic Abyssal? Do you toe a careful line, or just accept that you're going to lose mortals you're close to?
>>
>>55240562
Isn't that Performance or Socialise?
>>
>>55240937
Given that there is a Linguistic Charm that inflicts Lethal Damage when used to describe how your opponents flesh is cut away from the bone, fuck if I know.
Unless I'm confusing homebrew with official stuff.
>>
>>55240879
Act only to take life.
Take only the life of evil.

Or accumulate and bleed Resonance like a motherfucker. Walk into the heart of darkness and drown it in its own blood. Live only for the killing.

Both of these have weaknesses. The former option means that people can draw you into circumstances by killing the innocent, the latter means you likely have little defense to Social shit.
>>
>>55240970
>The Lawgiver pens a soul-shattering missive, convincing her subject he leads a pointless existence. This Charm can only be directed at a specific target. Roll the Exalt’s ([Charisma or Manipulation] + Linguistics), rerolling 6s until 6s fail to appear. If she beats her target’s Resolve, his soul falls off and sinks directly into lethe. This Charm only targets characters who have unintelligibly abstruse Intimacies or no Intimacies at all; however, its effect depends on such an unfulfilled soul’s yearning for purpose and meaning—characters who are incapable of feeling (such as the soul-eaten victims of the Fair Folk) are not valid targets for this Charm.
>>
>>55240879
Assuming you have no Monstrance? You do it by being Batman.
You keep no close mortal friends or family, for such attachment will cause them harm.
You help people indirectly, by destroying that which might hind them rather than aiding them directly.
If you're lucky, you can be close to your Lunar mate, or maybe find another free Abyssal to share your life. Don't count on it.
>>
So I've been wondering for a long time now how to do legendary works of fine, applied, and, to a lesser extent, decorative art. You know, paintings of transcendent beauty, sculptures that fill those who see them with admiration, architecture that inspires religious awe, tapestries that tell intricate stories at a glance. It could be that such things are just not in the scope of what's possible in the world of Exalted, but I can't help but feel that they're in genre. The first two editions didn't really care about that kind of stuff, but 3e has the mechanical "hooks" for it but no explicit way to access them.

Craft is clearly the ability to use for the job, and it's easy enough to design it as a project and I presume the easiest way to handle it is to treat each work as unique mechanical construct similar to a artifact with Evocations, but what then? Evocations are drawn from artifacts bound to their users, but works of art exist independent of that. Would it be fair to use [Attribute] + Craft on the (naturally very limited in scope) Social Influence roll like with Linguistics? Beyond that, what sort of effects would be appropriate and how might they scale? I feel like the Performance and Linguistics trees are a good starting place, but that such art should be more limited and project-specific than those abilities or even the evocations of artifacts. I don't want a world where someone can just build a bunch of mind control towers and rule a kingdom. At least not simply that.
>>
>>55241309
Most art would be limited to inspire actions I would think.
>>
>>55240879
That is (or is supposed to be) the central dilemma Abyssals. It's a sort of tragic inversion of the porcupine problem. It's in direct reference to the Riddle from Vampire, but also Vampire Hunter D and the like. The idea is that each individual character will have a lot of difficult and interesting choices to make about finding meaning and a way to matter while knowing that being too close risks the very things he values. I don't really think either version of the Resonance mechanic totally accomplishes that goal, though I think 1e came a bit closer in terms of "feel" if that makes sense.

I don't really know which approach the rules ultimately encourage, but I do know that thematically and narratively there is not supposed to be a clear answer. It is possible the mechanics undermine this, though, as I recall feeling they did in 2e.

Incidentally, though I know it may all be moot now, I actually really dig the stuff that's been teased about both Abyssals and Liminals in 3e. They seem to occupy close but distinct conceptual spaces, with Abyssals being Gothic dark knights and Vampire Hunter Ds and Liminals being midway between Terror Inc. and the Incredible Hulk TV show, specifically the sad walking away music parts.
>>
>>55241417
I absolutely agree. External objects that Persuade and Instill and whatnot would seem to me to be the province of Linguistics with a very few very limited limited exceptions.
>>
>>55241591
Care to elaborate? I haven't been keeping up with 3e abyssal stuff.
>>
>>55241627
Battle Standards that raise Morale?
>>
>>55241648
The big thing that I liked was a renewed emphasis on the "knight" elements. There were previews of mechanic for powers themed after the specific Deathlords, which is a pretty obvious and potentially cool way to give them some unique flavor. More interesting to me, though, are vague intimations of something called, "The Chivalry of Death."

From the corebook:
>Despair, futility, hopelessness in heroes and leaders and the hearts of men spread the Essence of the grave far more effectively than wholesale slaughter, which tends to renew vows of perseverance, survival, and commitment to the gods. Kill a wife and spare the husband, and you may have made an enemy for life, but you have also made the man questionable to everyone around him forevermore. And so the Abyssals sometimes stay their hands. They let their enemies live. They preach bleak sermons and move on without incident. They let the world move in its own course, touched by their darkness. This is the chivalry of death.

I feel like that approach has the potential to add a lot of flexibility to Abyssals while strengthening the themes I find appealing.
>>
>>55241710
That is an excellent idea! It could be like the Roman Eagles. They'd have huge cultural importance and the defense or loss of one could be the stuff of legends. If one were lost, heroes could quest and war for it for decades or centuries. Recovering a standard once held by a previous incarnation or ancestor could be a good adventure, too.
>>
>>55241906

>leading your legion of fanatical warriors In a daring raid on the blessed isle itself in the middle of the realm civil war to take back the eagle that was stolen from you back at the very beginning of the game dozens of sessions ago.

Worthy capstone to an arc, desu.
>>
Is telling stories Performance or Presence?
>>
Would allowing Dragon Kings to breed new souls be a Solar 3 working?
>>
>>55242451
Performance
>>55242475
Solar 2 or 3 I'd say
>>
>>55241840
Yeah 3e Abyssals seem pretty rad from what we've seen
>>
>>55234214
Yeah, I ST'd Team Grimdark. The other ST is the better writer so I've tried bullying him into doing it but eventually we both forgot to write Day 3.
>>
>>55243280
Soon™?
>>
>>55243418
I'd like to bud, but can't make any promises. We're just a little over a week out from starting another two games set in the same continuity as the games that ended with Megasession and we've got a bunch of work to do still.

Fun little bit though, we're setting the two Dragonblood games about 10 years after the events of Megasession so we though "Well shit, is everyone still alive?" so we did a really abstract d1000 roll each year to see if people would die, the number they needed to roll to die being different depending on what exactly they were doing.

Both Truth and Nuada died 8 years after Megasession in a war with one another. They need to roll 15 or less on a d1000 to die and on each of their 8th rolls they rolled a 5 and a 9.
>>
When in need of plot, rip off Supernatural

>>55243478
>Both Truth and Nuada died 8 years after Megasession in a war with one another. They need to roll 15 or less on a d1000 to die and on each of their 8th rolls they rolled a 5 and a 9.
That's a pity. Creation is less for not having them.
>>
>>55243478
Rip in pieces. What were they fighting over?
>>
>>55243554
We've got the plot we're just hashing out NPCs, when we wanna give them stuff, that sort of shit.

>>55244095
All of us except one person managed to get together on Discord (since now some of the group are in Texas and some are in Florida) and discussed how exactly it happened, who was involved, and who may have had an increased chance of death that year.

This would be in the writeup for Day 3 but Truth painted herself, and Abyssals in general, as The Bad Guys of the setting to coerce some gods to join the party's side for the big thing that was happening. Enemy of my enemy and all that. Turns out Nuada took that to heart and marched on Highstorm to get rid of such abominations maybe 5 or 6 years post-Megasession. Being the leader of a huge ass nation with a giant military going against a city-state at best along with being a War Supernal made such a goal relatively easy to make reality. He sieged Highstorm for some time but eventually broke through their lines and went to the volcano top retreat where Truth was waiting. They had an "honorable" fight, Nuada killing Truth but Truth's Abyssal allies coming out and finishing Nuada off. A powerful necromantic working triggered on Truth's death and now there's a shadowland probably 400 miles or more in diameter centered on Highstorm, which is located up in Mela's Fangs.

Boiled down, Abyssals gonna spook, Zeniths gonna purge.
>>
>>55244338
Jesus Fuck
Perils of bad communication, I suppose?
>>
>>55243418

Weiss a cute.
>>
>>55236987
They ARE the wyld.
>>
What are the exalted?
>>
>>55244766
Well to be fair, Truth was legitimately being as spooky and death-obsessed as only the most hardcore Abyssal can be. We didn't run Abyssals as objectively evil, but in almost every case whatever they do is not going to benefit Creation and her children. Ghosts and mortals who buy into the death cult sort of deal will be able to lead pretty good, albeit different lives. If I'm remembering correctly, Truth set up a culture of ridiculous excess in Highstorm, burn bright, burn short lifestyle. Die in your 30s, but everyone was spending so much time in the shadowland and partaking in Underworld food, drink, and drugs, that becoming a ghost was damn near a guarantee. So you'd die super young but then be a ghost for a long time and gain more standing by doing so. Pretty standard Abyssal stuff.

Nuada and Truth didn't really get along at the beginning and when Truth pulled her stunt, she wasn't lying. She was the thing that goes bump in the night and all the spook that entails. Doesn't help she was gathering other Abyssals to her cause creating a power bloc of Death in the North. So Nuada basically waged something akin to a holy war to get rid of a threat to Creation.

The only reason Nuada managed to get up to her is because Anju finally recognized that Sunset Ember was well and truly dead and Truth was a whole different person and so Anju let Nuada pass by without fighting him.
>>
>>55245012

Regular mortals uplifted to divine level through an unknown process.
>>
Does anyone have the Eln Old Realm Lessons pdf?
Fuck scribd
>>
File: crying.gif (486KB, 200x140px) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
486KB, 200x140px
>>55245030
>The only reason Nuada managed to get up to her is because Anju finally recognized that Sunset Ember was well and truly dead and Truth was a whole different person and so Anju let Nuada pass by without fighting him.
>>
>>55245162
For that extra grief, Hadariel, Team Splendid's Dawn, refused to get involved because he's on the slow path to becoming a pacifist and he thought Nuada didn't really need his protection, having Essence 5 Resistance Charms and all. He blames himself for Nuada's death, if he had been there to witness the duel between Nuada and Truth he could have stopped the Abyssals from killing Nuada afterwards.
>>
>>55244843
I expect Winter to be better once she gets more than ten minutes of screentime.
>>
Does the Primordial Geas still affect Gaea? Are the Incarna and the other Gods still incapable of harming her?
>>
>>55245580
Yeah.
>>
>>55240433
95 thesis the immaculate order
>>
Weird question: Let's say an exalt gets knocked up. Would her unborn child share her resilience to harmful external stimuli? Furthermore would they be at risk to any defects or imperfections like other children?
>>
>>55246085

To the best of my memory, half-castes aren't a thing any more. Only Dragon Blooded can have children that are guaranteed a chance of Exalting, but are mortal until then.

Lunars can have Beastfolk.
>>
>>55246085
If any of these have to do with the mother, then I'd say no. A Solar's child wouldn't be at risk of harmful toxins or something since the mother would process everything out since they're Solars. Any defect that relies on the mother fucking up through gene replication or something wouldn't happen.
>>
>>55237708
should be longer. fuck abyssals, they're boring solar recolors. release them dead last we cn
>>55238875
just downloa the pdf linked in op
>>
>>55246623

I would be fine with this release schedule

Core
Realm/DragonBlooded
Lunar
Abyssal
Sidereal
>>
>>55246085

Almost certainly not, and the child would have good odds of minor supernatural gifts(though full blow half-castery is probably go e)
>>
>>55244973
They are refugees living on the borders of creation and have largely been hunted to extinction in the wild proper, I thought.
>>
>>55239505
>"You have been chosen as one of the solar exalted
>What do you do now?
Whatever I want apparently.
>>
>>55240879

Help ghosts who are in danger, and save towns that are in the underworld.

IIRC you don't get resonance from saving the unlives of ghosts and such.
>>
>>55240879

Don't fight to protect good people, fight to kill bad people. Extract vengence not salvation.
>>
>>55239505
Learn the perfect disguise charms and become a trap
>>
did infernals have a "you can be more" equivalent to turn extras into heroic mortals?
>>
>>55246623
>we cn

we can what? fake it with the corebook and some goth makeup? you just cut off weirdly
>>
>>55248774
There's no infernal charm that forces a heroic motivation upon a mortal. You can use the genie tree to grant them asstons of abilities, attributes, backgrounds, etc though. Best you could do is get the ST to approve a homebrew charm, heretical or otherwise. Or you could just use that celestial spell that completely remakes a person into a new being.
>>
>>55248774

Wasn't there a Malfeas charm for making people swear fealty to you, and then another charm to grant mutations to them?
>>
>>55248774
Don't know, but in 2E there was an alchemy formula that did that, called Valiant Warrior Formula.
>This formula appeals to mortal soldiers who wish to compete with great heroes. For one day after its use, the user is no longer treated as an extra. She has the full complement of seven health levels, can spend Willpower for bonus successes or through Virtues, counts 10s as two successes, requires damage to be rolled and is capable of stunts.
It needs the maker to be an adept degree alchemist, takes an hour to brew, and the brewer needs to get 2 successes on a Wits+Occult check to make it. Page 131 of Books of Sorcery 3 - Oadenols Codex. Based off comparing it to other thaumaturgy formulas and charms, you could probably figure out a charm or sorcery cost for it.
>>
>>55239171
No, that's bullshit introduced in this edition.
>>
What are some interesting or broken charms you never hear about?

Here is one spirit charm (from alchemials 2e):

>DENIAL OF THE FORGE’S YOKE
>Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Reflexive
>Keywords: Obvious
>Duration: Scene
>This Charm is most common among metal elementals
>but is not unique to them. While the Charm lasts, the
>spirit is completely immune to damage inflicted by metal
>weapons. This protection does not extend to weapons made
>out of one of the magical materials, but a superior version
>of this Charm exists (requiring Essence 6) that does allow for such protection.
>>
File: LunarWaifu.png (1MB, 814x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LunarWaifu.png
1MB, 814x1000px
>>55246085

I run by the quick and easy rule of "Kid has all of the benefits of the mother until they come out". So basically, anything other than an outright abortion is basically not gonna touch the kid. Got a Med heavy Solar in the group I'm running who is currently pregnant and chugging wine by the barrel, because she realized she can drink with no repercussions.
>>
>>55249974
Then why in none of the other editions did the Primordials just not order the Incarnae to kill their chosen wherever they appeared?
>>
File: AcLnxTH.jpg (142KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AcLnxTH.jpg
142KB, 700x1000px
Exalted.

Go punch important people in the gut, raise an army, raise a city-eating tyrant lizard, raise a cult of orphans who shoot fire from their eyes. Preach about the glories of the Sun and topple the Immaculate Order's grasp on the common man. Topple a Great Dynastic House, get yourself a Sidereal maid. What's a Sidereal? Figure that out, that'll help you a lot. See things nobody has seen in millenia, build things nobody has heard of in two. Fall in love so hard you sink a subcontinent. Marry that brown silver-tattoo'd girl at dawn and hold hands on top of the roofs of the steaming workshops of Nexus. Get fucked. Get fucked by a Deathlord and swear revenge in words so potent your eyes turn white from power. Scream "FUCK YOU!" so hard it makes demons around you explode. Try to bring her back, fail atrociously and curse the forefathers of Creation at the laws they set. Suplex a celestial lion at the gates of Heaven when they don't let you in, make a trip to the Underworld on a boat that sails faster than despair to search for her ghost. Learn to stitch spirit to flesh and turn the armies of your nemesis against him. Ride a motherfucking elemental dragon to battle and dive bomb into the Deathlord's corpse fortress so hard every pious man in the Direction falls over from fear. Go berserk. Lose your shit completely. Find yourself clutching a broken skull, drenched in blood and gore and impotent rage bleeding out of you. Sit on that same roof in Nexus and miss her so much your soul might fall into lethe. Watch the sun rise again and know that it's never going to be over for you.
>>
What kind of working would it be to get Wolverine class of Orichalcum?
Terrestrial 2?
>>
>>55250836
so... can i make a story like the one of feanor but based in exalted?
did you ever done something alonge these lines anon?
>>
File: large.jpg (12KB, 462x313px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
12KB, 462x313px
>>55252053
>can i make a story like the one of feanor but based in exalted?
>>
>>55252696
would be neat
descruction of universe cause someone messed with mai waifu
>>
>>55252053
Feanor was a scrub no one should try to emulate.
>>
>>55252956
you are a scrup
feanor is waifu tier
>>
>>55248946
>You can use the genie tree to grant them asstons of abilities, attributes, backgrounds, etc
>>55248971
they'd still be extras, right?
>>
>>55252968
Feanor a shit. Fingolfin a best.
>>
>>55253060
not really
them both are badasses
>>
Are blessings and curses a thing?
Like do/can gods bless/curse someone?
>>
>>55253036
for that matter is the closest thing they have to a functional bureaucracy or large scale social charm that swihn terriforming cultist thing?
>>
>>55253080
would b neat if a god cursed you like morgoth cursed the house of turin and the house of feanor
>>
What does Lookshy spend it's time doing, other than pissing on Realm's Jadeflakes
>>
Are there any locales in Exalted where the people have elf-like traits?
>>
>>55253427
Fighting Thorns. Fighting Anathema. Fighting barbarians. Making magitech.
>>
>>55253597
Also generally being an important regional power. Meddling in the affairs of the neighbouring nations, protecting the interests of Lookshy through not only military action, but also through diplomacy, intrigue and economics means, all that.
>>
Anyone got a list of specialty suggestions? I'm trying to find one for either Lore or Occult, and I was thinking of either the Wyld, Raksha, or something to do with them.
>>
>>55253697
Mathematics, geography, history, religion, Immaculate Philosophy, spirit courts, astrology, alchemy, sorcery, rituals,
>>
>>55253462

Do you define raksha as people?
>>
>>55253462
halta. (but they're a cancer on the entire direction and subject to blatant author favoritism)
>>
Can you use Linguistics to enhance the WST when making an Artefact, since you're creating it's story at the same time (even if it's entirely fictional relatively to the rest of the world doesn't mean it isn't real to the Artefact)?
>>
How does exorcism work in 3e?
How do you purify a Shadowland? Sorcerous Working?
When will Rathess be up again?
>>
>>55254813
EXTERMINATE
>>
>>55254939
>>
why does mindhand require both committed motes and the sorcererous tag?
>>
I forget, which of the Deathlords was Desus?
>>
File: desu.jpg (59KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
desu.jpg
59KB, 1920x1080px
>>55254979

this one
>>
>>55254979
Silver Prince or The Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water
>>
>>55255050
Wait really? Fuck yes going Deathlord hunting~
>>
On 7 Ascending Water, 764, Lytek sent the following message directly to Chejop Kejak, with copies delivered to every divisional head in Yu-Shan: “It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Solar Exalted have returned.”
>>
File: 1406671210019.png (117KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
1406671210019.png
117KB, 700x650px
>>55256285

Kejak’s rage upon hearing this report only worsened when he investigated the assignment of Lytek’s new security detail. The powerful guards protecting the Right Hand of Power were each assigned by different deities, ranging from the three Syndics to Ahlat to Wun Ja, the Director of Humanity. Even deities who were not particularly opposed to the Bronze Faction or the Dragon-Blooded still remembered how rudely Lytek was manhandled during the Usurpation, and the blunt show of force served to show that it would not be tolerated again.
>>
A wandering storytelling Zenith, Performance or Presence Supernal?
Or fuck it and go Integrity or Lore.
...or maybe go wandering storytelling Eclipse? Hmm...
>>55256580
Is that Conan O'Brien?
>>
>>55256796

Presence for one on one use of parables to inflict intimacies on people. Performance for using stories to get a group of people to do something.

Possibly Conan, maybe? I'm not American.
>>
>>55254977

"balance"
>>
>>55248507

You mean Charms like "Perfect Mirror"?

Also, *why* of all the things you could do, would you choose that.
>>
>>55254977

Yup.

Feel free to ignore one or the other. Most do
>>
>>55254977

Beca use it's powerful as fuck
>>
>>55253697
The First Age? Ghosts or the Underworld?
>>
>>55254977
Mindhand commits mote in the cyberspace of your mind the mindspace the mindgeist zeitbrain.

Mindhand also allocates sorcery powers from the server farms.

Mindbrain + server farms = commited motes and sorcerous tag.
>>
>>55256940
Performance then, I suppose
>>
>>55257136
>>55254039

Again, was looking for a Wyld based specialty
>>
>>55241840
it was just so baffling that they'd infernalize abyssal charms while simultaneously turning infernals into greensolars
>>
>>55257875
Lore (Gossamer)
Occult (Wildmarches)
Lore (Mutations)
>>
this system has so much potential
sadly lmost no one play
>>
How do you in-story determine a control spell? Is it the first spell you cast? Does a spell cast itself when you first complete an Initiation?
>>
>>55258131
>infernals into greensolars

Just because they're getting ability charms doesn't mean they'll be greensolars.
>>
>>55258616

Probably the first spell you learn or study to initiate yourself into that circle. Provided that you don't cut a pact with a supernatural being or pick up a magical amulet.
>>
>>55256796
>>55256940

That looks like Kirby (who eats his enemies to get their powers). Also this is modification of Dexter Laboratory episode when Dexter has to participate in yearly classbook picture day.
>>
My character wants to tie a sorcerous working to his Exaltation, so that it'll not only affect him, but also his future incarnations; could this work, or would any such sorceours workings be scrubbed away by Lytek?
>>
>>55260281

Is Lytek even around in Ex3? Exaltations tend to soak in a lot from their host which sometimes makes it to the next incarnation. It's possible that you can just hand wave some plot shit unless there's some overt mechanical benefit.
>>
>>55260359
I'm just looking for an excuse to have supernatural merits at char creation, tbqh
>>
>>55260281

I'd say it would be scrubbed away unless it was a powerful enough working to bend the function of the exaltation itself enough such that it flew off to pick a new host immediately instead of visiting lytek.

Surely possible, the yozis and neverborn managed to muddle with solar exaltations to that extent, after all, so a determined Solar ought to be able to manage it. A truly monumental task, though.
>>
>>55260554

Are you not a sorceror at chargen? Did you enter any Wyld pockets in your life or drink any strange potions? Are you *-blooded? How about "I have this merit because that's how I envision my character."
>>
File: crona.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crona.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>55260639
I'm playing a not!Crona Resistance Supernal, and I'm trying to get Unusual Hide 5 (with Subtlety).

>>55260606
The excuse I'm thinking of going for is "150 Solar Exaltations all returned to Lytek at once, surely one of them might have fallen through the cracks."
>>
>>55260770
>The excuse I'm thinking of going for is "150 Solar Exaltations all returned to Lytek at once, surely one of them might have fallen through the cracks.

Oh, if you mean this was a thing done in the past to the exaltation your character got, yeah, sure. A first age sorcerer could for sure pull something like that off.
>>
>>55246014
Isn't that just the Pure Way?
>>
>>55260770
>150 Solar Exaltations all returned to Lytek at once

iirc in 2e they didn't all bother checking in for maintenance, some got distracted by a new host before they got there which is how you can manage to give a solar high past life ratings when it was initially reserved for infernals as written. so I'd probably just go with that

>>55257121
what am I missing there?
>>
>>55260770

>(with Subtlety)

Pussy
>>
>>55262441
It's a thematic choice. If i make it subtle, I can actually have indestructible blood like Crona, instead of metal skin or some shit like that.
>>
>>55249974
>No, that's bullshit introduced in this edition.
This has been true in every edition, a few paragraphs in the mythical Infernals Chapter 1 notwithstanding.
>>
>>55261590
That's more just Immaculate Hinduism
>>
>>55232364
>>55243478
Man, adding to the pile of folks who'd dig that last writeup. The two that are available now were pretty dope.
>>
>>55260770
>Unusual Hide 5 (with Subtlety)
Fucking kill yourself
>>
Has anyone played a game where the Scarlet Empress freely chose to ally with the Ebon Dragon

(Yes, I know the canon adventure is terrible)
>>
File: 1493403131657.jpg (64KB, 337x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493403131657.jpg
64KB, 337x369px
>>55260770
Are you playing 2e or 3e?
Because it sounds like you're playing 2e but you mentioned 3e merits.
Or are you playing 3e with 2e lore?
>>
Would commanding Ligier to build you a manse be a good plan?
>>
Anyone have the Abyssal preview?
>>
>>55267085
While at it, anyone have Liminal preview?
>>
>>55266944
From BoS: RoGD 2, p.51

>Forge-Hand of the Green Sun [...]
>The Green Sun is assumed to gain
>23 successes on every Craft roll, [...]
>His smithcraft requires priceless sacrifices, however,
>such as children’s blood, the essence of treachery,
>Exalted souls and the like. Without them, he cannot
>help but conceal deadly and subtle flaws within the
>craft, even if bound.
>>
so how build a kratoslike exalted?
>>
>>55267701
take paired short daiklaves with evocations that let you attack at longer ranges and take the resistance charm tree for berserk rage.
>>
>>55267687
>>His smithcraft requires priceless sacrifices, however,
>>such as children’s blood, the essence of treachery,
>>Exalted souls and the like.
Like that's a hard thing to get for a Solar.
>>
>>55267701
>>55267897
Tfw the first game was one long limit break to him
>>
>>55267908
Yeah, but who was he rebelling against? The Incarnae or the Yozi?
>>
do the exalted have exalted sons?
>tfw campaign where you and your sister are exalte orphans who doesnt know they are exalted and are hunted by other exalted
>>
>>55252956
>a scrub no one should try to emulate

You're right about the "should" but to be honest a lot of First Age Solars did go full Feanor.
>>
>>55254977
Every time I see a sorcerous tag or something about committed motes, I take it as a come-on from the book to fanwank an upgrade Charm that nixes those requirements.

It's too blatantly obnoxious for me to interpret it any other way.
>>
>>55268016
ok feanor did wrong things but he wasnt truly evil
he just lost everything
the first orphan and he was stolen OF THE SILMARILS they were like his soul dude
also a feanor like story is always fun to see
>>
>>55267899
Exactly, the man on the street

>>55267908
>implying the whole series isn't one big limit break for him

Okay, that's not fair. He also fucks random women too, and you can't have two limit breaks so there's clearly something else going on.

That's more Asura's Wrath.

>>55267969
>Titans and Olympians

1st game: He had a beef with one Incarnae, and one of the others backed him up

2nd game: Conky screwed him over, so he teamed up with Cytherea to assault Yu-Shan.
"Reclaimation? Pffffffffft, don't tell me you believed the runt's fapfiction"
. Helped by the fact Conky killed the one Incarnae on his side.

3rd game: Cytherea screws him over too. The Yozis turn out to be too weakened to win the war against the Incarnae until Kratos starts killing them off. Finally he kills everyone on both sides. His ex-sponsor came back as a Nephrack or Heckhatonkhiere or something, so he told her to fuck off.

tl;dr E6 shenanigans, ending with sudoku.

4th game: The GM soft-reboots the setting by sending him to the World of Darkness' ancient times, where Father Wolf is picking a fight with those-who-will-be-known-as-the-Exarchs
>>
*the man on the street has comparatively little access to orphan souls

>>55268037
Well, you can say the same about a lot of Solars.

They didn't set out to be the biggest cunts on the face of existence, but they became so anyway because of PTSD and death curses and going drunk on power.

Like Feanor the real tragedy is how few of them realised how far they'd fallen until death.
>>
>>55267982
Dragonblooded might have, other probably not unless they do something heroic like they're supposed to

Has someone brewed a Five Stations Initiation in the old Sorcery style for 3e?
>>
>>55266372
I'm playing 3e; is there a reason why I can't use the lytek excuse in 3e anymore?
>>
>>55268200
Maybe talk with your ST about it, 3e cleaned the board with stuff, so Lytek might not even be a thing anymore.
>>
>>55268200
Well there are no Exaltation shards anymore, and there are no defined number of them aside from Sidereal 100 (or is it 99 with Rakan gone?) for example.
>>
>>55268221
>Lytek might not even be a thing anymore
>>55268290
>there are no Exaltation shards anymore, and there are no defined number of them
Wow, I didn't know 3e lore was that fucking horrible.
>>
>>55268314
I didn't know an opinion could be this wrong
>>
File: notanargument.jpg (20KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
notanargument.jpg
20KB, 720x533px
>>55268322
pic
>>
>>55268314
Maybe its because I wasn't around for prior editions, but I never understood the point of this type of thing people bring up.

Is there some time that the precise number of demigods or even number that are allowed becomes relevant? Did Achilles have a younger brother being dipped in by his other ankle but Bvrokrades, most autistic of Olympians, showed up to say he's real sorry but he'd be exceeding the quota set by health and safety?

Or does anyone map out the number of Dragonblooded in the Realm to set up some kind of situation where every single one is going to come hunt down your circle to claim the three magical headbands?
>>
>>55268392
I'm mostly upset by Lytek not being there anymore. Lytek was great; it was loads of fun to hate him once you realized that he basically was the only person in all of Creation who knew the Great Curse was a thing, did absolutely fucking nothing with this information, and sat back while the Exalted went mad.
>>
>>55268420
So what was he to do? Attempt to cure it and make the Solars perfect? Hell, could you imagine if the Solars could resist the Games of Divinity completely?
>>
>>55268610
He should have told the exalted that they become assholes really easily, and that they should be cognizant of that. Maybe go to some anger management classes, or something.
It's a lot harder to deal with a problem when you don't even know you have one.
>>
>>55267982
dragonbloods yes. everybody else hell the fuck no. halfcastes are bad and you should feel bad.

(although lunars get beastmen but that's more just mashing animal traits into humans by carefully shapeshifting during sex and/or pregnancy. nothing you couldn't do with a genesis project, but lunars get to cheat to do it easier without tools or infrastructure, and they're easy to organize into a self-sustaining population)
>>
File: 1495119574372.gif (384KB, 421x437px) Image search: [Google]
1495119574372.gif
384KB, 421x437px
>>55268420
He tried to fix it by himself.
He fucked up.
Now if he goes and tells the superiors about it he'd get Starmetal'd.
I like him too.
He'll always be a thing in my games.
But fuck the numbered amount of Exalted and fuck shards.
>>
>>55268700
>But fuck the numbered amount of Exalted and fuck shards.
While generally liking 2e lore better, yeah. The writers never seemed to keep "oh there's 300 solars" in mind when writing their 1st age lore, and it's a rather small number even given their power.
>>
Could you make a Working to purify Dragonblooded lineage?
>>
>>55268735
Mm. Personally I prefer the more mysterious and unexplained world of 3e, to 2e where they handfed you every singly little detail. No mystery, only science.
>>
>>55268741
>purify Dragonblooded lineage
Clarify, please?
>>
>>55268082
damn, out of soulsteel. lets frame a guy for crimes against the state and torture him into metal.....(points randomly)him.

bonus! he has kids, always worth stocking up on orphan souls. incandescent crackhead must be shining extra hard on me today for such fortunate convenience.

>>55268420
hungry as the deliberative was for starmetal could you really blame him? the incarnate literally just came off a massive purge of political enemies and suspected political enemies in heaven and the exalts had ALREADY used most of it up.
>>
so can i act truly like a god in this system?
like having devouts, citys and BURNING HERETICS
>>
>>55268901
That's pretty much what a friend of mine did as a Zenith. Took over a town, built it into a city and burned anyone who didn't worship the Unconquered Sun
>>
File: 1HQcn0G.gif (999KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
1HQcn0G.gif
999KB, 490x368px
>>55268755
Make their Breeding great again
>>
>>55269028
That wouldn't be a Workings that'd be a hard and long ass Project. Trying to marry the kids so that the bloodline grows stronger.
>>
Guys I fucked up.

I made a character who is a blacksmith.

How bad is the crafting system?
>>
>>55269135
Very.
>>
>>55269172
Why is it bad?
>>
>>55269069
A Project w/ Lore (to find out genealogy), Occult (to speak with ghosts to certify bloodline purity), Social/Linguistic/Performance (to actually make sure the two DB's fuck), Bureaucracy (because at this point you can't do several threads of this simultaneously by your self).
That'd be a Campaign by itself.
>>
>>55266944

Consider summoning Amalion, Ligier's Manse making sibling. Simply summoning her causes her to burst from the ground as a level 5 Terrestrial or Infernal Manse.

She's in CoCD: Malfeas, page 116-8.
>>
>>55269198

It's basically cookie clicker. You're not able to sit down and start an artefact, because you need a certain amount of a certain type of experience first. Fist you need to complete Basic projects bfore you can start a Major project, then you need to complete Major Projects to start Superior projects and so on. The nature of the system means that you need to approach nearly every single problem you run into with "How can I use Craft to solve this?" And just bogs down the game a great deal.

If you're not taking Craft as you Supernal, don't take craft at all, if you do take Craft as your Supernal,start buying up the Power tree. Completing a project quickly with extra successes with extra points means more Craft XP, which means being able to crack out Artefacts sooner. You'll have a slow start, as you don't begin with any Craft XP, but you'll eventually earn them faster than you can spend them.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/exalted/comments/3zd552/a_crafters_experience_with_crafting
>>
>>55269435
>Amalion’s knack for designing manses and other
>buildings is without peer. In the First Age, so much did
>the Exalted value her skills that she spent more time
>in Creation than not, and so much did they accept her
>presence that when the Exalted sorcerer Five Moons wed
>her, the Solar Deliberative celebrated their blasphemous
>union.

Strongly recommend it. She seems pretty chill. Just don't fuck her.
>>
>>55269524
I'm not taking it as a Supernal. I'm a War focused dawn who's going to be dealing with tactics and equipment for my army.
>>
there is any game that makes me feel close to exalted
not god of shit and the one with the four knights of apocalipse these are shit
>>
>>55269728
What?
>>
>>55269780
i mean a game which i am a all powerful being
>>
File: 1487690298863.png (325KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1487690298863.png
325KB, 500x515px
How do you purify a Shadowland anyway?
>>
Do you have to pick Athletics if you main Brawl?
>>
>>55270113
You don't have to, but you probably should favor Athletics if you want to focus on any combat Ability.
>>
File: 1502555855746.jpg (252KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502555855746.jpg
252KB, 1280x720px
>>55270066
EXTERMINATE
>>
>>55270139
Do you need Dodge with Brawl then?
Or can you make do with just Resistance?
>>
File: 1487691497591.jpg (98KB, 1132x628px) Image search: [Google]
1487691497591.jpg
98KB, 1132x628px
>>55270255
Okay but the Shadowland?
>>
File: 1504046833539.jpg (161KB, 960x825px) Image search: [Google]
1504046833539.jpg
161KB, 960x825px
>>55270365
E R A S E
>>
>>55270337
You can probably make do with Resistance, and the defensive Charms of Brawl itself. Dodge would help, obviously, but I wouldn't consider it necessary.
>>
>>55270365
Sorcerous Working, talk with your ST
>>
File: tumblr_ok5jqmNpaV1vgp8qmo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok5jqmNpaV1vgp8qmo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x288px
>>55270419
Okay

>>55270465
Thanks
>>
>>55269530
So, it still needs some house rules and rolling majors into basics?
>>
>>55260770
>Unusual Hide 5 (with Subtlety).
Oh good lord I hope the GM throws a brick at your head.
>>
>>55270337
Brawl + Resistance is enough. With sufficient investment, though, (Anything) + Resistance + Dodge can form a fucking unbreakable iron wall. Enemy goes for insanely high damage? Resistance. Enemy goes all-in on accuracy? Dodge. Enemy swarms you? Resistance. Bad touch? Dodge. Sprinkle with Martial Arts for cheap evasion and ungodly amounts of soak.
>>
>>55266330
>>55270882
I'm not trying to break the game, I just really like the idea of a shirtless build. I'm not planning on using armor, and I'm not gonna do any Iron Skin Concentration cheese.
>>
File: 1478882118412m.jpg (83KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478882118412m.jpg
83KB, 725x1024px
>>55270994
Why don't you burn your character sheet
>>
>>55268753
if you want a blank slate why even buy the book? who needs premade charms with set power and scope? just skim a few threads and asspull the entire system once you think you've got the general idea of what glorious solar bullshit means ;)

nothing stops people who want gaping holes in both the map and ruleset from just ignoring what they don't like.
>>
>>55270994
make a ornstein inspired build and you will be badass
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.