[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 42

File: 1503924651344.jpg (353KB, 1556x816px) Image search: [Google]
1503924651344.jpg
353KB, 1556x816px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Advanced Demonology Edition:
When was the last time you bound an outsider for fun and profit?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55122019
>>
>>55130786
Never, binding outsiders is cruel and unusual punishment, how would YOU like it if a genie just suddenly plucked you out of your dimension against your will while you were taking a bath, then told you that you had to do what he said or else he wouldn't allow you to return home?
>>
>>55130921
That sounds like rape.
>>
>>55130786
Not sure which was it, but I think it was from one of the APs. There was one already-bound Pit Fiend (I think. Not exactly sure what was it) and our party made a deal with it somehow. He helped us quite well, even gave us a Wish, and we had friendly handshake and bid farewell.
>>
We were on page 5, dickhead.
>>
File: 1401650516986.jpg (198KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1401650516986.jpg
198KB, 512x384px
Okay, so I've been looking at the Armorist from SoP, and while I know it generally kinda sucks, I couldn't help but spy on the Symbiotic Knight Archetype. So I looked at it, specifically at its ability to steal Traits from the Alteration Sphere, and after looking at the Alteration Sphere and all the versitility it allows, it made me ponder this question.

Is Symbiotic Knight actually good? I mean, it does come across as being very much like an Aegis from Psionics due to the versitility you can potentially get from both Alterations traits and Arsenal Tricks.

I've been wondering this because currently I'm trying to build White Album from Vento Aureo
>>
>>55130966
Sometimes it don't seem like it be what it is, but it do.
>>
>>55131180
2nd row from the top, 2nd from the right. Best succ.
>>
>>55131180
>Womb tattoo
Pls anon, I already fapped tonight
>>
>>55131180
> no Yunyun or Chris
Damn you Brothel
>>
>>55131269
I was about to say "but they aren't succubi" but then I saw Darkness.
>>
>>55131283
Wiz on Right 5 Down 4
>>
File: oh yes.jpg (26KB, 402x338px) Image search: [Google]
oh yes.jpg
26KB, 402x338px
>>55130921

That's my fetish
>>
>>55131180
>Not a one with decent muscle definition
Get this shit out of my sight
>>
>>55131885
Done. Refresh page.
>>
>>55130786
The GM basically handed us a way to manufacture angels. To his chagrin and that of and the party's resident /k/ommando, we immediately made them the backbone of our army and scrapped all attempts to build up a force of riflemen and artillery.

Because fuck your USSR wankfest, we've got the Gods on our side now and all our enemies are evil-aligned.
>>
File: Kassadin.jpg (425KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Kassadin.jpg
425KB, 1680x1050px
Is this what playing a shadow-pact avowed is like?
>>
File: Zeratul.jpg (261KB, 704x479px) Image search: [Google]
Zeratul.jpg
261KB, 704x479px
>>55132434
Or is it closer to this?
>>
Which classes are better suited for half-orcs?
>>
>>55132971
Bard
>>
>>55132971
Half-Orcs really are more versatile than that question implies. The first things to come to mind are probably simple things like Barbarian, Bloodrager, and Paladin, though Bard does work well (as >>55132989 suggested) if you build for Strength and make use of their racial proficiency with Falchions. Or you could go with Rogue, by the same token.
>>
>>55132971
they can be literally anything
>>
>>55133032
Nuh uh, my DM won't let half-orcs become wizards!
>>
Mint is NOT a bamboozle game. I got a message from Mink.
>>
When will we get starstone reviews?
>>
>>55133319
So you've got a shit GM and should tell him so.
>>
My GM has a hardon for houserules, because 'pathfinder is too simplistic or too abstract', but when we try any other system he makes houserules that make the game play like pathfinder. What do?
>>
>>55133704
Understand that your GM is in love with pathfinder. He'll admit it to himself one day, but for now only his heart knows the truth.
>>
File: 26948.jpg (383KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
26948.jpg
383KB, 1000x1377px
What class would a Geist of Saint Traft be ?
I'm thinking of a Samsaran Spiritualist and get a stando.
Is there better choices ?
>>
>>55133760
Hopefully he will learn to accept PF for what it is and what it tries to be, but for now our party has to play his Frankenstein's monster of a game. The GM's houserules "fix" one thing, but unintentionally break or invalidate another. The GM is too damn fun to ditch, but the "improvements" are just killing me.
>>
>>55134048
Learn to accept the chaos. Work towards the future together. Remember we play PF to have fun anon! If you're having fun that's all that matters.
>>
Reminder that a new race got dropped yesterday, and we're still in dire need of talk about it!
>>55125296
And now I am going to be a nice man and answer to the talk that HAS been about it, so there!
>>55127975
>Why do young mercurials breastfeed? I mean, the logical reason would be because they can't otherwise feed themselves, but nothing that I've read so far implies or suggests the empathic feeding isn't something they can just do naturally. Their empathy seems almost automatic, considering they need to make will saves to avoid bonding to a Hivemaster/Sovereign when passing nearby, so why wouldn't they be able to psychically feed themselves from a young age? And if they do that, why should female Mercurials have breasts?

Good question! The answer is a bit muddy, but without getting too wordy about it the whole of it is basically this: Mercurials were once, or were created in the image of, humans (or other similar creatures, like elves). Much like an undeveloped human body can't process - let alone chew and swallow - most sorts of nutrients (other than breastmilk) properly until they're several months old, Mercurials are not born with enough control of their empathic abilities to feed off other creatures themselves. The act of feeding is not automatic, but conscious (just like a human consciously has to chew and swallow food). The ability for Mercurial mothers to provide their young with nutrients in the first months of their life is thus vital, and the means by which they do so is to an extent a holdover from their humanoid creators/forebears.

Now, the "gravity" possessed by Hivelords is indeed a natural thing - at this point - but consider the Casteless ART. Mercurials have, through selective breeding and prolonged use of magic (in methods they've passed down from their ancestors through genetic memories) been able to create the societal divisions of their civilization that is the Castes.
TBC!
>>
>>55134517
>Wouldn't it make more sense for their names to be broken down/organized by caste rather than sex? It sounds like that's more important in their society.

While certainly important in their society, it is still the fact of the matter that Mercurial society is very much defined by the need of keeping themselves alive and numerous. The Castes are societal in a way much like a job is, whereas names are private - more importantly, you are named at birth by your parents/blood-kin, and you don't get assigned your Caste until coming of age. That, and the Ministry of Population would likely have blocked any such idea - to Mercurials, work is public, whereas names are very private, after all. Don't want to mix them up (unless you're an Anger, of course).

>Also, on the subject of castes, what causes the biological response in Mercurials to have their body develop along the lines of a particular caste? It's not just as simple as something they will to happen, I assume, there should be some kind of hormones or psychic influence that would cause it.

The granting of Caste powers is not entirely understood, but the way most feral hivelings turn out not naturally developing the normal Caste powers essentially explains how it works: During their second growth period (10-20 years old), Mercurials develop their powers and abilities more than their physical bodies, and the Scholar-castes have long since created means of altering the progression of that development in a desired direction. The means is not entirely magical and not entirely nonmagical - it's a good mixture of both designed to give the desired end result. Overall, these methods are very well designed and carry very few negative side effects, but they are known to negatively impact the development of Mercurials' endurance and toughness - this is a price Mercurials are well willing to pay, however, as the gain to their society from having the Castes is frankly quite enormous.
TBC!
>>
>>55134517
>>55134594
>Oh, and why mercury? Not that it isn't cool, but did you do that just to make them more aberrant?

That would be telling :^)

Suffice it to say that it was the last bit of inspiration that got this race to fall together as a cohesive unit for me, and in many ways their central "theme" in my mind.
>>
>>55134517
nobody cares your homebrews are shit
>>
>>55134655
And you're so shit you don't even make anything productive at all, anon! I completely understand your saltiness, don't worry.
>>
Can you be a good archer with an eyepatch?
>>
>>55134663
i'm just tired of seeing your newest "creation of the week"

i respect homebrewers but you're not a homebrewer, you just throw abilities together and make whatever you think is cool with no regard for what already exists or even bother balancing them

try to commit to something for more than a day, even a child can make everything you have
>>
>>55134517
Too many words. Too much going on. Too many feats that have little/no impact. A lot of things included are little more than fluff and flavor and serve merely as chaff.

Races should be relatively simple, not whole classes worth of abilities/feats unto themselves.
>>
File: Kerrigan.jpg (83KB, 496x810px) Image search: [Google]
Kerrigan.jpg
83KB, 496x810px
ABERRANT. AEGIS.
>>
>>55134892
>too many feats that have little/no impact
This is objectively wrong, though. The feats are pretty fucking meaty, heck, the base Caste abilities are feats that you can take even as members of another Caste as well if you wish.

The only thing I can think of that's actually no more than fluff is stuff like Mercury Mark and Inclusion, since it's unlikely to come up - and even then, nothing wrong with a little fluff to a race. Makes it more complete.
>>
>>55135057
Even the feats are just fucking wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords. Like holy shit, too much text is baaaaaaaaaad.

But yeah, way too fucking much going on. Castes border on things that should be full blown racial archetypes for things like wizards.

Do not like. Would not allow people to use.
>>
>>55135101
Out of curiosity, do you actually run any games that you'd forbid people from using this in, or is it all hypothetical?

Also
>wordswordswords
Look m8
either you give people numbers and basic shit, which is boring and/or nothing new anyway
or you try making something that doesn't already exist, which by definition requires WORDS.

Now, sure, some of the stuff could be justified as being archs rather than feats, but racial archs are shit. Gating is shit overall. If someone wants to use this cool new thing that's been made, you don't want to restrict them to your own exact vision of the thing. So I didn't do that (also it'd have been much more work anyway).
>>
>>55135176
>do you actually run any games that you'd forbid people from using this in
Awfully defensive about having shit ideas aren't you.

You literally have more words in your race description and subsequent description of feats and abilities than multiple /classes/ do. If you want to wank how creative you are do it with an actual class, not a race. Races should be simple, easy to parse and definitely not take up 10 fucking pages.

Your race is bad. It's mechanically overcomplicated for zero reason beyond "WELL I WANTED IT TO BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE". No one wants to read a fucking novel or have to submit one to their DM just to play a race.
>>
If I want to use Falmer fluff from the Elder Scrolls in PF, which race would be most fitting for that?
>>
>>55135220
Awfully vehement in your opinion that my work is shit, you are, and for that it bears to question whether your opinion is anything of worth, or just WORDS? You're evading the question, which leads me to think you're just barking up a tree you can't actually climb.

Also, it takes up 9 pages, not 10, so there :^) Besides, if you took all the material (including race feats) on, say, Humans, how many pages do you think it would fill? It's simply a question of what standards you're working toward.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to discard it as shit. I made a race based off the inspiration I had for it. If you want to cry snowflake over that, that's on you. Sometimes inspiration is mechanical, sometimes it is not - sometimes it is easy to implement, sometimes not. You clearly don't like reading much (which leads me to question why you're even here), and that's okay. But not everyone is you, and not everyone has the same shit opinions as you.

TL;DR - cool story bro, but your opinions are shit and irrelevant.
>>
>>55135305
Falmer as in squat horrible blind little torturers or falmer as in snow elves?

Former would be a high CON and DEX with low INT monster with natural sneak attack, blindsense and natural vermin empathy

Latter is just elf.
>>
>>55135316
You asked for discussion. You were told it isn't worth discussing because it's garbage. Now you're butthurt and flaming people who don't like your special snowflake billion words race. Clearly the internet is not a place for thin skinned faggots like you, you should probably leave it.

>You're entitled to your opinion
No, No one is entitled to an opinion. They are entitled to a preference. Opinions must be argued. Races should be simple and straightforward, that is a fact. You have too fucking much going on, that is also a fact. Too much is either chaff, or absolutely ridiculous (underpowered or should be its own archetype).

Why don't you invent a new racialâ„¢ system for how well these things fellate your ego.
>>
>>55135316
>You clearly don't like reading much
If it was interesting or worth reading people would read it. It isn't, it's overdesigned wordy garbage.
>>
How do you Maximize The Painâ„¢?
>>
File: Let the murder begin.png (82KB, 1050x395px) Image search: [Google]
Let the murder begin.png
82KB, 1050x395px
>>55135504
By posting this picture and waiting for Dungeon Meshi fans to arrive.
>>
>>55135570
Let the bodies hit the floor...
>>
Does anyone here have Spelljammer rules for PF?
>>
>>55135570
I wish my sister was that fluffy!
>>
>>55135375
>nobody is entitled to an opinion
>proceeds to post an opinion on "how things should be"
uh huh

nice opinions you've got there
>>
>>55135402
>>55135375
I've yet to see a single argument in here other than "i don't want to read aaaa".
>>
>>55135755
then take your shitty homebrew shit somewhere else so you can get the ego stroking you want

it's overdesigned, races are meant to be simple and not half-classes on their own, your argument about the core races is illogical because all the information is from multiple books over the entirety of pathfinder's existence (and still doesn't reach the complexity of your daily new race)

you're also preaching to a crowd that clearly dislikes your content and dismiss it as if "it's overdesigned" isn't a valid complaint
>>
>>55135852
One angry anon does not a crowd make, boyo. Your opinion on what races "should" be like is an opinion, not some kind of universal truth. And your "arguments" now amount to "i don't want to read, get out of my imaginary hugbox reee". Clearly, you're not capable of doing much else than sputter hot air like so many punctured balloons.
>>
>>55135960
i'm not that anon though, and i doubt it's just us two assuming he's been the only other one

i've only posted twice here and you didn't even respond to my last post
>>
>>55135960
Have you gotten any positive feedback at all to indicate that outside of one or two angry anons the rest of the community gives two shits about it, though?
>>
>>55136010
That I have, in fact, and enough of it to substantiate my claims that angry anons screaming autistically are full of shit.
>>55135984
And you're still not actually making any arguments.
>>
Been thinking of brewing an ability that dies ability damage as part if an attack. Any advice on the boundaries between "useful enough to be used" and "murders"?
>>
>>55136066
Look at existing spells and other stuff that similarly deals ability damage. Scale uses/day, saves, amount of damage etc accordingly. Consider what should be immune to it. Also, CON damage is the hardest type of murder.
>>
>>55136066
You can look at http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/steel-serpent-maneuvers/ for some ideas(while keeping in mind that steel serpent is generally regarded as being pretty weak).
>>
>>55136057
>That I have, in fact, and enough of it to substantiate my claims that angry anons screaming autistically are full of shit.
That's great! Now ask yourself why are you even bothering with arguing with one or two angry anons? You're not going to convince them over to your side, and if you're getting good, positive feedback elsewhere you don't need to waste your time on them.
>>
>>55135984
It's actually 3+ of us.
>>
>>55134517
The one thing I like about the classes in base Pathfinder are their simplicity. You can fluff a Wizard however you want as long as it adheres to the 'must use a spellbook' rule. You can fluff a Fighter however you want, even a Paladin or a Cleric. Same goes for races- you can fluff a kobold as a tiny dog-person or a tiny lizard-person or anything in-between. You can fluff a human or elf or dwarf as anything as long as it fits within that race's statistics.

'Mercurials' and other such races are far too specific and have too much lore attached to them. In a standard homebrew setting, this lore is going to be thrown out and replaced with whatever the player wants. There is no point to it being there. The race is too specific for my tastes and I believe a few other anons' tastes. Races are made to be messed around with and fluffed however you want- they're just a guideline and statistics for you to use. You can't just make them overly specific.
>>
>>55136594
Of course you can fluff anything you want however you want. That doesn't stop the creator of a thing to put his own preferred fluff of that thing out, however, and if it's good enough for others to use without altering, it's going to be used by those who don't mind it, those who like it, or otherwise have no reason to make their own. Just like Golarion exists, even though you can fluff the world of your Pathfinder games however you want.

Classes and races can be as specific or vague as you want in their default state, but it is always more work to slap on more lore than there is originally, than there is to strip stuff away. Your Elves don't need to be aliens if you don't want them to, but the option exists. Your Drow don't need to be always CE undergrounders, but the option exists. It's there for you to take and use as you want.

If you think the lore is too specific, there's nothing stopping you from disregarding it. It's an argument, sure, so? Take a cutter to the doc and bisect it by the Overview section, then. The stuff in there is there for you to use.
>>
>>55134517
Can you get a tripcode so I can ignore your homebrew?
>>
>>55136594
In the CRB, sure, but within the campaign setting books there's extensive fluff relating to the core races. Hell, most of them have whole books dedicated just to telling you exactly how their societies function on Golarion.
>>
>>55136765
I have one, but I'm explicitly going to avoid using it, in order to maximize your pain.
>>
>>55136725
But then what's the point of using this race? The only things the Mercurial has going for it is its gimmick about eating emotions, it having mercury blood and its varied stats based on Caste. I could be an Aasimar and accomplish the same thing, or a Tiefling.

You then have the Empathic Pool, which is just another statistic to keep track of, adding onto the bookkeeping that Pathfinder already has. This feels like a snowflake race that has been given a bunch of special powers and spell-like-abilities for no other reason than to make them stand out.

>>55136787
Then he could include the lore in a separate pastebin, but he won't because he wants to force a meme about 'maximizing pain'.
>>
>>55136913
desu if he wanted a race that sustained itself off emotions, he could have gotten way better reception if he had just ripped off "that one race" from "that one show".
>>
>>55136594
>. You can fluff a Wizard however you want as long as it adheres to the 'must use a spellbook' rule
I disagree strongly, Vancian classes, especially Divine ones are hard to refluff.
To be a Wizard you have to
>have an arcane bond
>Use a spellbook
>use verbal
>use somatics
>prepare your stuff before hand and forget how to use it afterwards
D&D Wizards are really shitty at emulating anything other than D&D wizards. Same goes for most non martials.
>>
>>55136913
>The only things the Mercurial has going for it is its gimmick about eating emotions
This is basically it. Mercurial should have been a template that you could apply to any race that allows it to feed off emotions.
>>
>>55136913
>only things they've got going for them
You're missing the vital point that is Empathy Sense, as well as Genetic Memories/Arcana. Empathy Sense, especially with the Scout Caste feats to upgrade it, turns you into far more capable recon unit than any Aasimar would be able to match without help. Genetic Arcana is effectively Mystic Past Life split up into an ART and a feat, on a race that can have a +2 to any mental stat.

And so on and so forth. They have plenty of tools, you just need to read a few words to find them.
>>
>>55136913
>I could be an Aasimar and accomplish the same thing, or a Tiefling
But that comes with a separate set of inherent fluff baggage, because suprise! Most GMs won't let you call a horse a tiny flightless dragon.
>>55137032
> Genetic Arcana is effectively Mystic Past Life split up into an ART and a feat, on a race that can have a +2 to any mental stat.
So something that shouldn't be allowed at any fucking table ever?
>>
>>55137013
Verbal and Somatics are fairly common things magic casters do. Spellbooks are slightly less common. The busted bullshit that is "lol, I know Fireball but like, I didn't study it literally this morning, so I can't use it" or "haha I know right, that spell was neat rite? Oh fuk you need me to do it again? I uh only studied it once this morning xD" is hard to explain away unless you're trying to simulate something like someone who uses spelltags that expire daily, and even then it's hard to explain why you can't just write more tags.
>>
>>55137111
I'd say magic casters that don't need them and magic casters that do are both pretty common.
>>
>>55137046
sounds just like powmeme and any other 3pp desu
>>
>>55137046
To be fair, Samsarans already have +2 to INT and WIS anyway. CHA is the only new option, and it's not exactly anything major either, compared to the other bullshit that regularly gets advertised as the best thing since cooked bacon here.
>>
>>55137126
Fuck off, Paizo shill.
>>55137111
I'd say it's honestly 50/50 on casters needing verbals/somatic in media most of the time.
>>
>>55137160
>To be fair, Samsarans already have +2 to INT and WIS anyway. CHA is the only new option
And to be fair, Samsara paints a huge "I'm literally only playing this to break spellcasting" on your back. That's the only reason they exist.
>>
>>55137126
lol
>>
>>55137126
t. Brainlet
>>
don't bother trying to convince the fucker making the mercurials that PoW is actually good. they're an ivory tower caster fag that just makes homebrew casters
>>
>>55137324
How do you know? Proof?
>>
>guys here's my homebrew
>please talk about my homebrew
>hey i know i posted this last time but nobody cared, please talk about my homebrew?
>it's shit
>NO YOU'RE SHIT NOW PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD MY HOMEBREW IS
>hey guys i just made a new homebrew, thoughts?
>>
>>55137395
Did you really expect any better from a known shitter?
>>
>>55137395
Thus the cycle of Homebrew continues: the Brewer has an idea, they share it, and it either gets ignored and they shrug and walk off or they push it until people tell them to fuck off
>>
>>55137324
totem archs had a ranger in it, and i know he's thrown around some rage-based race before, along with some other martial stuff
>>
>>55137409
I just want to see him stop talking about his custom spell system of the week that he's going to forget about after a few days

i wish he would just post with a name again so i could filter him
>>
>>55137197
>tfw to intelligent to run PoW
>>
>>55137423
you are the only person who knows how any of your shit works because nobody else cares about them

the only thing that was interesting was soulforger and it seems you've either dropped it or have the attention span of a mayfly because you're working on everything except it, and it needs a LOT of work
>>
>>55137418
Hey man

I still want to play Vults Chloromancer
>>
>>55137454
i am not ssd you fat fuck, and some of us actually care about his shit

that said, i also wish he'd get off his ass and work on soulforger again
he's been talking a lot about it but i've yet to see any fucking action out of him on that part
>>
>>55137470
That's pretty much because it's just "Fey fuckbait waifu: The class".
>>
>>55137476
yes you are you retarded viking fuck

you're notorious for self shilling and talking to yourself on the thread because nobody cares about your fucking homebrews and your shit goes ignored entirely until you bring it up and force it down other's throats
>>
>>55137479
Hey, cool, that's how I feel about Flower Nymphs, something that I see pushed constantly as "perfect for x concept" even if it's not
>>
>>55137479
That and I like fiddly resource tracking. At will debuffs man!
>>
>>55137007
But we already have changelings!
>>
>>55137515
You seem to be enjoying talking to yourself, anon.

Stop it. It's creepy.
>>
>>55137530
Changelings have penises because Crystal told me they do.
>>
File: Jews.jpg (92KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
92KB, 600x901px
>>55137628
I bet amber scott did this.
>>
File: 94f.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
121KB, 680x497px
That new Starstone app
>I refuse to pick spells unless I'm accepted to the game
>>
>>55137774
Makes sense, I mean, why invest yourself heavily into a character sheet if you're not gonna be able to use it?
>>
>>55137774
>took leadership to get artisan for a cohort
>>
>>55137879
I mean they aren't the first.
>>
>>55137908
doesn't make it any better
>>
>>55137774
don't forget the hyper-cringe Waifu shit and edge-edge-ege
>>
I want to RP as an anime fox loli, is this the system for me?
>>
>>55137774
Well, to be fair, that is a respectable sentiment, if it were phrased better. You'd want to pick spells to compliment your party's dynamic, ideally.
>>
File: 1491597335239.jpg (101KB, 475x739px) Image search: [Google]
1491597335239.jpg
101KB, 475x739px
>>55138293

Nah, anon. The kitsune in this game are actual fox people. Good luck with that, though.
>>
>>55137431
>Not intelligent enough to know the difference between "to" and "too"
>>
File: 0-Fh-rR5Ea166IBs1_.jpg (98KB, 1499x785px) Image search: [Google]
0-Fh-rR5Ea166IBs1_.jpg
98KB, 1499x785px
Okay, let's have this fight. Which is the superior autistically over designed Homebrew Race: Mercurials or that one Deer People race anon made a while back
>>
>Encounter against a 4th level party
>DR5/-, immunity to poison, RE 10 to Fire, Electricity, Cold and Acid
>Has 4 +10 attacks that deal 2d4+4 each
>AC 20
>80 HPs
This is what we managed to defeat at the cost of 1 NPC and 2 PCs in Jade Regent, what the fuck?
>>
>>55138443
Also, maybe I got something wrong, we don't really know its stats, what I wrote is what I assumed after rolls and other stuff
>>
>>55138443
welcome to outsiders?
>>
>>55138443
>Paizo cannot design encounters, news at 11
>>
>>55138488
And also it had SR above 15, how can this shit count as an encounter against a 4th level unprepared group?
>>
File: L85IbAt.png (8KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
L85IbAt.png
8KB, 812x732px
>>55138379
>>
>>55131017
Rise of the runelords is probably what you're thinking of. The one time that was run I made a deal with him to help us take on the big bad, letting him take his soul when it was over. Also made a deal with that white dragon that he could have the city as his new hoard.
>>
>>55138413
Cervids for sure.
>>
>>55138583
Yep, sounds like any aligned plane outsider. Welcome to the MOST bullshit enemy type in the game.
>>
>>55138413
Deer people for sure. At least that anon doesn't shit up the thread and try to force memes.
>>
>>55138413
People actually asked for the Deer people
>>
I'm sad more people aren't talking about Assault On the Black Ship instead of that starstone bamboozle. AOTBS looks like it'll actually be a fun game and probably a real one on top, unlike Starstone's obviously bamboozle. Come on, guys. It's run by IDrive on a floating schedule with character creation rules specifically designed to drag people in. how is it not a bamboozle?

So let's talk about Assault. Who's your favorite app to that so far?
>>
File: 1482485863489.jpg (90KB, 850x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1482485863489.jpg
90KB, 850x1034px
How autistic is a gestalt Rajah (Batal)|full BAB class?

>Additionally each batal level, the batal gains 2 additional hit points. If she chose batal as her very first character level, she instead gains 4 additional hit points for that level. This ability alters the crossroads class feature.

>Medals of War: The batal gains a bonus on attack rolls and CMD equal to one-half her veilweaving level (rounding up). If the batal already gains a bonus to attack based off their veilweaver level, or substitutes their veilweaver level for their base attack bonus (such as the Hand Cannon or Loyal Paladin’s Spear of Light.), the batal only takes the highest value. In addition, a batal may use her rajah level in place of her base attack bonus for the purposes of meeting requirements and prerequisites.
>>
>>55138943
Didn't you hear, he apologized for ruining HR by ghosting and the rape-murder of an important NPC was just "what my character would do"? It's definitely not not going to be another boozle.
>>
>>55138943
AOTBS sseems like a lone quest, not a campaign
>>
>>55137519
Fuck off, SSD.
>>
>>55138963
Read further down, anon.

Sidebar: House Rules
Every table is different when it comes to rules. Known as ‘House rules’, these changes from the core system range from small (using the maximum hit dice amount when determining hit points) to large (playing two classes at once). This sidebar is for clarification for tables that use more esoteric rules.

When determining the base attack bonus of a Batal, (Such as when determining gestalt) treat it as a full-BaB class, with the exception that the batal only gets a single iterative attack at 12th level. Similarly, when determining the hit dice size of a Batal, treat it as d10 instead of a d6.
>>
So it become obvious recently that our main villain is much stronger than us. As in, we fight him together when he is alone and vulnerable and he is still able to kick our teeth in strong this happened when we caught him after he had escaped from a bigger threat, he was injured and tired, and still killed one of our party members before running off. Honestly I'm not sure how to take this because it feels like we just can't stop him.
>>
>>55139575
Have one of your dead partymembers rebuild something crazily optimised for DPR. Get a feel of his HP.
>>
>>55139575
Are you supposed to be trying to fight the main villain right now, or was this just an unfortunate run in?
>>
>>55139617
The main villain had busted into the palace with a force of his own and was basically wrecking up the place. He had what amounted to magical Seal Team 6.

His team and the royal guard had a fight in one of the major halls that we saw. The main villain got past and went for the prince. The prince revealed he had a tattooed on mithral golem which activated, kind of swallowed the prince, and fought the main villain. The main villain and his team were separated and he signaled the retreat after it became obvious he couldn't kill the prince.

We intercepted the main villain in the gardens as we was trying to get out of the palace away from the teleport trap. His team was escaping somewhere else. We were able to get to him out of mostly luck.

That's where he kicked out teeth in. We later learned his special operations team lost one guy while the royal guard lost like eight.
>>
Is there a way to increase necromancy spells' DC (like gnomes' Fell Magic trait) or caster level? Items, feats, traits, races... anything would be ok.
>>
>>55139794
Dhampir's wizard FCB gives +1/4 CL for necromancy spells. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>55139722
It's likely you either:
A) weren't meant to fight him and the DM just rolled with it
or
B) were meant to learn that you are not yet ready to pursue and fight him
>>
Can someone be a good archer with only one eye intact?
>>
>>55139900
No but it looks hella cool so who cares?
>>
>>55139722
Yeah, what the other anon said.

Granted I don't know what level you are, so I'm assuming your characters are on the lower end of things where they should be running from someone prepped to kill the heir to a kingdom rather than try to fight them.
>>
>>55139900
Supposedly back in 3.5 you had like -5 to ranged attacks and perception based on sight if you were one eyed.
>>
>>55139794
>feats
Varisian Tattoo
>traits
Black Blood Heritage
>races
Dhampir Wizard FCB
>>
>>55139923
We know Mithras Golems are CR 16 and the villain went toe to toe with one by himself.

We're level 7, so not great, but not that low.
>>
Is there a way to get Mercy and/or Cruel on your weapon as a Bladebound magus?
>>
>>55140004
Nope.
>>
>>55140004
Be a Gnome
>>
>>55139998
Dude if your main villain is soloing a creature whose CR is literally more than twice your party's current level y'all need to take a moment and step back until you're actually strong enough to deal with him.
>>
>>55140063
Fuck
Another thing, Vampiric touch, how does it work with magus? The spell says you deal 1d6 per 2 caster levels and that you gain the damage you dealt in THP, I assume is those 1d6 per 2 CL and not all the damage you dealt in that attack, right?
>>
>>55139998
Well, assuming the Mithral Golem wasn't buffed in some way, if it was enough to drive the villain back, I can't imagine a party of four level 7s not being able to take the weakened villain down.

I'm guessing it wasn't just poor roles or anything either. What information do you have about them? Class?

>>55140082
Thing is he didn't solo it though, he had to back off, which probably puts him a few CR below that. And if he was weakened, the party should have a decent chance at taking him down.

Unless they're a spellcaster that just knocks out the party with AoE and high DCs.
>>
>>55140082
I thought we could take him because he had used a lot of resources fighting the prince/royal guard and was down a lot of health.
>>
>>55140160
My best guess is an Exposed Night Terror Vigilante plus somehow having some oracle stuff. He has a curse at least.
>>
>>55139826
>>55139988
Thank you, guys.
>>
>>55140004
Bladebound is a trap unless you're playing a game with scarce magic items.
>>
File: f94e1c5d0069b766352e9c5367e833ea.jpg (624KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f94e1c5d0069b766352e9c5367e833ea.jpg
624KB, 800x1200px
Here is the full release of Psionics Augmented: Highlord, four days after its initial backer release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm68jp0a6frr3zo/DRP2341_FULL.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>55140111
I'd rule you only get THP from spell damage, not weapon damage.
>>
File: bug breath.png (953KB, 1199x952px) Image search: [Google]
bug breath.png
953KB, 1199x952px
Are you guys having fun?
I'm having fun.
>>
>>55140298
Goddamnit, 2hu, didn't we already warn you about doing shit like this?
>>
>>55140298
do you not learn jackass
>>
>>55140355

I am, yes-haven't been spewing rivers of bugs, though.
>>
>>55140355

I have never had as much fun as the one time my kobold alchemist was being played, and I uttered the phrase 'I pull his pants back and cast vomit swarm'.
>>
>>55140287
Excuse you Bladebound is friggin awesome and opens up tons of roleplaying options if you're willing to put in the effort to make the weapon an actual character.
>>
>>55140298
Thanks.
>>
>>55140357
>>55140406
Admit it, you both saved it before jumping on your high horses.
>>
>>55140501
no because i don't like psionics
>>
>>55140449
You shouldn't have to handicap you to get roleplaying options
>>
>>55140357
>>55140406
2hu was shat on for releasing too early.
Now is fine. 2hu literally did nothing wrong by posting it today.
>>
>>55140449
It would be nicer if it gave you a way to increase the duration of pool enhancement and also granted more special qualities, to make up for the reduced pool. Make it an arcana for all I care.
>>
>>55131230
post what he posted
>>
File: dreadlady.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dreadlady.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
What kind of elves are most likely to become mercenaries for one reason or another? What roles are they most likely to serve?
>>
>>55140588
Just check the fucking archive, lazy bones.
>>
>>55130786
Why does the Vermin Cleric Domain call out to Druids all the time? Druid level this, druid level that? Is that some error?
>>
>>55140627
Archers (Arcane?), Siege Mages and Scouts
>>
>>55140627
Young ones, especially a Forlorn (those raised around humans). Merisiel is prime example of this kind of elf.
>>
>>55140627
Elves that could noy fit into Elven society, or were disgraced in the royal court.

Eliath Craulnober, for example.
>>
>>55140568
That's just a problem with the Magus in general, they really need to Unchain that class so certain features just COME with the class instead of having to be obtained. Also, there is technically an Arcana that makes it so that your Pool point boost is a number of minutes equal to your Magus level, but a lot of people are already strapped for Arcana so it's tough to choose.

>>55140514
That said, just because it's a slightly tougher choice doesn't make it a "handicap" whatsoever, your Pool point enhancement bonuses are added on top of the bonuses the weapon already gets, that by itself makes it incredibly powerful
>>
>>55140653
It was probably originally meant to be one of the druid-only animal and terrain domains.
>>
>>55140715
I see, thanks.
>>
>>55140688
If it was like, 5-10 minutes/level it might actually be worth it, but 1 minute/level is dogshit
>>
How do I make the most used of favored terrains as a horizon walker?

First of all I'm a Warden Ranger for and extra favored terrain, but what beyond that?
>>
>>55140775
I mean, you can use it multiple times at higher levels, how many encounters do you expect to run into in a day?
>>
How would you make an ornstein to be an enemy in pathfinder?
>>
>>55140863
Piercing thunder
>>
>>55140873
Piercing Thunder & Elemental Flux.
>>
>>55140831
>oh boy I can't wait to use my Arcane pool to do literally anything besides enhance my weapon!
>what do you mean my pool is empty now?

If you never took any arcana that use pool points maybe you'll manage, but if you want to regularly use anything like spell recall, the accuracy-boosting arcana, or even the bane/holy enhancement, you're gonna breeze through points like candy. Especially with a Bladebound.
Also like, 5-6 on average, I think?
>>
>>55140298
I love you 2hu, one of these days I'm going to give your qt foxbois a nice overthepants handjob.
>>
>>55137470
I'd play with a chloromancer if you know what I'm sayin
>>
>>55138943
I kinda want to write up an elf death commando for Assault.
>>
>>55140920
Just take the Throwing/Returning arcana, I agree that points are a scarce resource but there are ways (albeit not common ones) to recoup them.
>>
>>55138943
>I'm sad more people aren't talking about Assault On the Black Ship
People are wary of bamboozle, few waifu apps honeypotting dick delivery apps reduces attention

>Starstone's obviously bamboozle
Agreed
>IDrive
Only a fool would trust this guy, at this point he should have created a sockpuppet account
>how is it not a bamboozle?
It is

>So let's talk about Assault. Who's your favorite app to that so far?
No waifu apps so no discussion so less attention, but just so the time you spent typing all that app up, my favorite character is (you)
>>
>>55141039
I want to smooch (you)!
>>
>>55140943
Did Vult ever go back to it being a 6 caster?
>>
File: 63953069_p0.jpg (495KB, 1100x978px) Image search: [Google]
63953069_p0.jpg
495KB, 1100x978px
>>55138943
I don't know why, but AotBS seems to have a ton of just absolutely unbearable characters applying. I would have applied for sure if it wasn't so fucking thick with awful people.

I love the masked characters, though. Masks are cute.
>>
Can a butt-ugly sub CHA 10 sorcerer still cast cantrips?
>>
>>55141132
What's so insufferable about them?
>>
You know what I want?
I want to be the sole human sized male character in a party full of giantess with varying races.

There is the Angsty fire giantess warrior, the bookish but shy cloud giantess, the vain but generous storm giantess, aloof reticent frost giantess that secretly wants to explore her feminine side, and perky genki ocean giantess.

I care little for the adventure itself since all I ever want out of it is to be crushed to death under giantess feet.
>>
>>55141152
>implying charisma is looks
But to answer your question, no they can't. You need 10+spell level to cast a spell.
>>
>>55141132
So basically you are mask guy trying to shill. Honestly, mask guy is the most obnoxious of them all.
>>
>>55141152

The casting stat is reckoned as 10+spell level, anon. Below ten, you're incapable of casting spells tied to that ability.
>>
>>55141039
>Only a fool would trust this guy, at this point he should have created a sockpuppet account
He probably already has. Normal bamboozles bore him now, so he must resort to redemption-to-inevitable-betrayal bamboozles.
>>
>>55141188
Just play a halfling and pretend humans are Giants, my dude
>>
>>55141213
I can definitely imagine this cunt being behind carnal crown, iron gods and many recent bamboozles.
>>
>>55141209
Cantrips are a separate class feature though
>>
File: ziFaNLbknptlxlp.png (817KB, 966x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ziFaNLbknptlxlp.png
817KB, 966x1050px
>>55141168
>>55141207
No, I actually found mask guy really obnoxious too. I like the idea of masked characters, but their personalities scream 'this is going to be hard to work with'. "Self-proclaimed paladin" is a phrase of horror if I ever heard one, and the other is just 'I HAVE SO MUCH TRAUMA'.

I don't generally like naming names, but Maya strikes me as the kind of character I wouldn't enjoy playing with. The mixture of happy-go-lucky and incredibly-afraid-of-extremely-common-things would result in an awfully bipolar character, the way I look at it.
>>
>>55141306
So which app is (you)rs?
>>
>>55141306
Gee whiz its fucking I.Drive, nice reflexes there you unlikable cunt.
>>
Fuck it, I'll play along. Give me a sec.
>>
>>55141306
You know what kind of people I don't enjoy playing with, assholes who drop out of games after doing plot derailing antics with plot critical NPCs
>>
>>55141306
I mean their schedule already probably cuts them out.
>>
>>55141329
I haven't.

>>55141344
I had to ctrl+f the thread to figure out who you were talking about. Are you referring to some kind of reputation that guy has? I don't have good memory for names.

>>55141382
Yeah, I feel you. That's hard to predict from just an application, though.
>>
>>55141306
Fuck off and die, you stupid cunt. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's face when this fag bamboozles.
>>
>>55141344
You know, I've been thinking on it and while I don't like to name names, I think Hitler may have been a bit of an asshole.
>>
>>55139900
Not unless your bowstring was so highly strung that you would fire the arrow so hard that it would go in a straight line.
>>
>Arcus Catera
Jesus look alike
>Salskya Aleaqarab
NPC tier art
>Ivan Androv
So edgy the npc
>Azhug
Text too tiny
>Dr. Manatos
40k? more like 40gay amirite?
>Carver Kalash
NPC
>Morgan Karsten
NPC
>Maya of the Rosen Fan
Played by a guy nobody likes
>Turiel the Gambling Demon of Cheliax
2edgy
> Feather Landless
Art carried
>Arlik Sigulfssons
wow
>Sascha Fischer
Furfag
>Shiera Forewin
Get a load of that sheet
>Leopold Arminius
Nigger
>Vladimir Beastblood
NPC
>Jacqueline B. Therevant
Furry sockpuppet
>Vrado Klaendug
Least retarded of the aspie bunch
>>
>>55141412
Lurk moar
>>
>>55139900
Target shooting, sure. But hunting/combat at any kind of distance would be difficult due to ranging troubles.
>>
>>55141589
Surprisingly, a myth. Someone with one eye can learn to depth perceive with only one eye. A natural adjustment the brain has to make.

>t. one-eyed person who can shoot
>>
>>55139900
i dont get it i mean
when you are shooting an bow you close one eye to aim better why a one eyed man would have penalty to aim?
>>
>>55140355
Vomit swarm is easily one of my fav spells
>>
>>55141504
So none of them are good, but some of them are at least not horrible?
>>
>>55141963
No one was given a single good response.
You can probably tell whose giving the review based on who is shat on the least.

Kind of odd since chances are, he'll be playing with a a party composed of people he allegedly hates.
>>
>>55142021
Please don't blame me for one asshat being upset.
>>
>>55142021
In your opinion, who gave those reviews, then?
>>
>>55142067
Who gives a shit? None of this really matters. At the end of the day its ultimately up to the GM to pick who he wants and review begging is almost always shilling in most cases.
>>
>Benefit: A heightened spell has a higher spell level than normal (up to a maximum of 9th level). Unlike other metamagic feats, Heighten Spell actually increases the effective level of the spell that it modifies. All effects dependent on spell level (such as saving throw DCs and ability to penetrate a lesser globe of invulnerability) are calculated according to the heightened level.

>Benefit: Pick one spell which you have the ability to cast. Whenever you cast that spell you may apply any one metamagic feat you have to that spell without affecting its level or casting time, as long as the total modified level of the spell does not use a spell slot above 9th level. In addition, if you have other feats which allow you to apply a set numerical bonus to any aspect of this spell (such as Spell Focus, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus [ray], and so on), double the bonus granted by that feat when applied to this spell.

Can you expand a 3rd level slot to cast a 9th level fireball (for the better DC for example)?
>>
>>55142166
Btw, the second paragraph is from spell perfection. The assumption here being that you picked spell perfection: Fireball
>>
>>55141194
>>55141209

>>55141152 here.

The line of reasoning in >>55141236 is why I asked in the first place. I'm hoping it's true, but it's probably a tad optimistic
>>
>>55141963
Honestly dude, if you're so desperate for reviews then write them yourself.
>>
>>55142342
But I already know what I think about the apps, I want to see what other people think!
>>
>>55141962
>>55140425
>>55140413
Not Vomit Swarm, actually.

>A skincrawler dragon breathes a roiling fog of black motes that burrow into the flesh of any living creature failing a DC 24 Fortitude save. [The save DC is Constitution-based.] Once inside, the motes germinate, grow, and tunnel under the skin. Infested hosts are nauseated; spellcasting or concentrating on spells requires a caster level check; using skills involving patience or concentration requires a DC 20 Will save.

Any magical healing of 8 hp or more destroys the infestation and removes its ill effects.

One round after the initial infestation, the multi-legged motes erupt enmasse through the victim’s pores, dealing 3d6 damage to the victim and forming a (poisonless) spider swarm that scurries back to the dragon.

Once the swarm clambers under the dragon’s scales and disperses (i.e., enters the dragon’s space), the dragon gains temporary hit points equal to the number of hp the victim lost, up to a maximum of the dragon’s normal hp maximum (effectively doubling the creature’s total hp).
>>
>>55142107
Not really? I specifically review games I'm *not* a part of, so I don't get any bias.
>>
>>55142539

Holy shit, that is beautifully horrifying.
>>
how's archer in this system
>>
>>55142612
Better than melee, best option for martials.
>>
>>55142612

Archery is actually a very strong form of combat in Pathfinder. Takes some feat investment, though.
>>
File: 1405470598527.jpg (52KB, 282x312px) Image search: [Google]
1405470598527.jpg
52KB, 282x312px
>>55142539
This is literally my fetish.
>>
>>55142659
>>55142649
why is melee always shit in every system?i mean they should damage more since they give up the safety of being far from the enemy geez guiz
>>
>>55142730
A pouncebarian/bloodrager is still probably the best dpr in the game.
>>
>>55142730

It's not that melee is shit, it's just that archery is very strong. A frontliner with a two-handed weapon can still do vicious amounts of damage.
>>
File: 1481316647280.jpg (326KB, 1400x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481316647280.jpg
326KB, 1400x758px
Had a weird idea for an alternate spell system and I wanna check the math.

Assume this is an E6 (level cap at 6th) game. No spell slots, spellcasters must make a Spellcraft check DC20+spell level in order to cast anything other than cantrips. Failed checks incur 1d6 damage (untyped) per level of the spell. Grant a +5 bonus to the check if casting time is extended to 10 minutes.

I know this is completely ass-backwards, but I like thinking through odd rules. Any suggestions?
>>
>>55142730
Melee does more damage at later levels, but early and midgame PBS and Rapid Shot give you the edge and while you lose out on raw damage late game you can still with a good chance deal more damage during combat because you can stand your ground and hit the enemy every where in the chosen battlefield while a barbarian needs to spend actions to move around.Really it comes down to action economy and utility. Plus with Seeking you can damage enemies your allies can't even see.
>>
>>55142860
Everyone just takes animal companion archetypes and uses hour/day buff spells and use wands for everything else.

You don't balance mechanics by making them unfun/annoying to use. My suggestion is you just fucking play Warhammer Fantasy RPG.
>>
>>55142977
Fair enough. Just testing the waters. A friend of mine seems hellbent on running a Game of Thrones campaign like that.

Damn fool.
>>
>>55142860
I like the sound of it, honestly, but that's just because I want something new.
>>
is there a program (not website) that can be used to DM over the internet? (focus on battlefield and tracking of stats)
>>
>>55141963
Gotta say, that game may have the most utterly repellent crop of apps thus far.
>>
File: NightVision-Varmint-Hunting-1.jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
NightVision-Varmint-Hunting-1.jpg
38KB, 600x300px
Which races are suited for night combat?
>>
So on a scale of shit to not shit, how not shit is the steelfist commando?
>>
>>55143467
The least amount of shit possible.
>>
>>55143463
Anything with darkvision.
>>
>>55143463

Strangely, not elves, but dwarves and orcs.
>>
>>55143514
Whats the game plan? Seems to me like its only logical to go dexfag, twf and pummeling charge for dual boost abuse.
>>
Are there any feats/items/spells that keep me from being surprised? Class agnostic would be the ideal but other options also appreciated.
>>
>>55141963
Then this will be a test to see if the GM has what it takes not to bitch out despite the lackluster apps.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 169x298px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 169x298px
How does tg do custom magic weapons in their setting?

do magic shops share an interdimensional inventory?

Is there some sweat shop somewhere where wizards enchant their spells per day worth of weapons?

Do you just chease their exact weapon in a dungeon?

Im curently liking the system where i hold back some loot and let their spontaneously manifest enchantments based on how they use their weapons.

>Smashy barbarian gets titan mauler ability to greatsword , coup de grace manifest wounding or heartseeker
>>
>>55143355
Fantasy grounds? Tabletop simulator?
>>
File: Pyrotechnic_Axe.gif (267KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrotechnic_Axe.gif
267KB, 800x600px
>>55143797
Very few weapons are actually magical, most enchantments are actually alchemical/smiting modifications, etc.
>>
>>55143355
Map Tools?
>>
>>55143608
Using that, plus Broken Blade shennanigans.
>>
>>55140831
>having arcane points
>as a bladebound
kek
Also you can't improve your weapon the ways you want, is a vanilla +X, see this anon >>55140004, he can't get the enhacements he wants
>>
>>55143925
Lets assume broken blade is off the table like every single pfg game
>>
>>55143941
>>55143925
God, I wish Broken Blade wasn't so unbalanced. I want to roll an initiator who's a decent pugilist, but Fool's Errand looks too complicated and Broken Blade is too OP.
>>
>>55143941
Then it's shit.

The entire archetype is based on BB.
>>
>>55144052
Just don't be a faggot and abuse the flurry maneuvers and use it with unarmed strikes only.
>>
Using 1pp, are there any ways/methods of getting weapon finesse to work on one handed weapons without dipping into other classes if possible? I know of Effortless Lace but is there a feat or another item that does the same thing? There are so many books that it can be troubling to see if there is a solution at all.
>>
>>55143797
Oh man, talking about magic item marts, looks like it's time to post about my setting again:

>magic-mart marts do not exist
>the reason for this is that many items are far too expensive to be realistically kept in a store's inventory for any amount of time
>the best you're going to find is scribes, apothecaries, etc. who carry cheap and consumable items, possible cheaper noncombat common magic items like bags of holding
>if you want something in particular you have three real options
>craft it yourself
>find a skilled artisan to make it for you on commission
>go to a large city and attend a borger market
>borger markets pop up in large cities and consist of various groups trying to sell magic items in essentially a flea market style
>you'll have mercenaries, tomb divers, explorers, etc. go there and try and sell off what they don't need
>because often finding buyers for magic items in difficult attending borger markets to sell off loot is common for parties
>if you're not going to a borger market finding a buying to offload expensive magic items on often takes gathering information, seeking out patrons, etc. (sometimes governmental bodies buy up magic items for their armories)
>borger markets are full of bartering/trading/etc. since people who go often all have items
>crafting it yourself/finding someone to craft it will get you exactly what you want, but will take time/energy
>going to a borger market will get you instant gratification, but often you need to make due with an item that is only mostly what you were looking for, and you can come out of it not finding what you wanted at all
>combat magic items, like magic swords, wands, etc. are often tightly regulated by local lords/governments
>this means often either whose who make them or those who buy them need to get a license
>in areas where they are regulated often both legal and illegal borger markets crop up, legal ones being inspected that they're not selling contraband
>>
>>55144669
>crafting is changed as well, the first removal is the need for being a spellcaster
>how the feats works are changed so it is now a two feat chain that can be taken by everyone
>first is Skill Focus in a crafting skill, the second is Magical Artisan in the same crafting skill
>this allows you to make magic items with that crafting skill (for instance tailor for clothes, weapons for weapons, armor for armor, sculpture for constructs, etc.)
>this breaks up some too large feats like Craft Wondrous and makes it so everyone has a chance to be a magic item crafter
>this also makes it so a level 5 expert can be a magic item crafter rather than always needing a spellcaster around to do it

(2/2)
>>
File: drow 2.jpg (23KB, 335x479px) Image search: [Google]
drow 2.jpg
23KB, 335x479px
Drow; Automata game when?

Reclaiming the surface long after the surface species were killed off in the illithid invasion and seeking out the last surviving dragons.
>>
>>55144763
Wrong setting. There are no illithid. They are replaced with intellect devourers, those weird psychic worms and whatever else happens to live in that one city.
>>
>>55144763

Run it yourself! It sounds like a fun idea!
>>
>>55144820
A post apocalyptic setting so far in the future that the past isn't known anymore can be any setting anon. Alternatively, correct my lore mistake when you run it!

>>55144823
Too much DMing already, not taking on a 3rd game
>>
>>55144611
fighter's trained grace
>>
>>55144897
From what I've read, it does not really allow one-handed weapons to be weapon finessed unless I am misunderstanding it.
>>
>want to a roll a Kineticist
>DM makes us use Mythic
>But won't let me count the Kinetic Blast as an attack so the Path abilities aren't fucking useless
God damn it.
>>
>>55144947
woops wrong ATW, I meant Fighter's Finesse
>>
>>55145355
That makes more sense but the fighter has to be level 9 to reach it. The reason I ask I guess for non-class features is so that other classes can have access to this build style without having to rely on class dips. For example, if you wanted to do a one-handed weapon dex build for a Magus or Investigator. Most of the time they are limited to light weapons or specific one handed weapons like the scimitar(dervish dance), rapier, cane sword, etc.
>>
>>55145466
Martial focus might allow for it, not sure.
Easier way is just allowing PoW for deadly agility.
If you do such a thing allow a feat for Strength to AC and reflex saves (limited by dex limit on armor)
>>
File: Zero Escape.jpg (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Escape.jpg
116KB, 1200x675px
Yo all, just coming by to let you know the legendary gunslinger playtest is ending this week, so if you've got anything else to add there, let me know. Also on City of Seven Seraphs if you've got questions for that.
>>
File: DER.png (105KB, 294x396px) Image search: [Google]
DER.png
105KB, 294x396px
>>55145517
Does the Technological shooter require an artifact tier laboratory and power source to make batteries for their guns?
>>
File: Awoo girl.jpg (30KB, 569x321px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo girl.jpg
30KB, 569x321px
>>55145614
I should clarify that, but no, the intention is that they do not need to. I don't like how tech stuff was done in PF, so distancing what I write from it is solid in my book.
>>
File: 144540041099.png (503KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
144540041099.png
503KB, 620x470px
>>55145517
>>55145614
Nice picture, by the way. I hate to double post but I have another question. Since Alchemical hotshot and Technological Shootist(that's a word apparently) stack as far as I can tell can you use metallurgy with Laser weapons despite them using charges and not bullets?
> City of Seven Seraphs
I know next to nothing about this except it's supposed to be like Planescape? Can you tell me a bit more about it. I seems to have a new akashic class.
>>
File: Judow.png (399KB, 680x836px) Image search: [Google]
Judow.png
399KB, 680x836px
>>55145718
Since it would be awesome to shoot silver lasers, yes, they do stack.

It's kinda like planescape for PF, with a very sigil vibe. The entire purpose is to be like a planar metropolis, so it's also a meeting point between all the 3.5/PF campaign settings, which is why we're trying to include some 3p support such as with the classes and such. It's also got some kick ass new races, like our spiders and stuff.
>>
File: chill.png (270KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
chill.png
270KB, 351x351px
>>55145920
Also, you may want to give Technological Shootists the ability to construct their own Tech Firearms too(maybe just have them all work like their "battered" starting one where they count as busted for everyone else). Since Technoligist is less functional than Gunsmithing. As it stands, they're kinda stuck using their crappy battered starting weapon bar finding/buying a new one and they're straight up screwed if they loose it/it gets destroyed.
>>
>>55145920
I've got a question

why is your shit so good
>>
File: Phi super kick.gif (2MB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
Phi super kick.gif
2MB, 500x245px
>>55145960
That's fair, this goes into how much I hate technology rules.

>>55145964
A lot of it comes from listening to other people; never be too afraid to take criticism. I also write content I would want to use, which is a strong balancing point. As a guide writer, I kind of have a balancing point in my head where I can put things. I've been playing forever though, so after a while, things just click.
>>
>>55146066
I love your work above and beyond anything else, and i'm a bit of an aspiring homebrewist

My problem is that I start something and end up not finishing for one reason or another, even though i still feel strongly for the idea

Do you have any advice/tips for someone getting started into something like this? It's such a fun hobby to me that I'd hate to end up never turning it into something people use every now and then
>>
>>5514613
CRACK THAT WHIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM
>>
>>55146066
>Jolly's played zero escape

I finished 999 and VLR, how good is ZTD?
>>
I've suddenly developed an obsession with wights as a GM. Tell me stories about wights? Give me good ideas on how to use them? Are there any good stories I should read about them?
>>
SKinwalkers don't have any FAvored Class Bonuses.

What would /pfg/ suggest for them? An "All Classes" FCB like Kitsune have for magical tail that instead grants them 1/6th of the Extra Feature feat? An Alchemist FCB that ups duration of mutagen? Barbarian FCB that ups die size of natural attacks? Druid FCB for more Wild Shape uses? Gimme ideas, /pfg/!

>>55146237
I made a pair of Wights that were trying really hard to fly. They were siblings when alive, and were called the Wight Brothers
>>
>>55146271
Sounds like a Slayer, to me.
>>
>>55146271
Slayer or Ranger.
>>
>>55146261
>spoiler
That pun hurt my soul
>>
File: Punch girl 70.jpg (94KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
Punch girl 70.jpg
94KB, 540x756px
>>55146105
This is actually a problem that I have a lot, it's hard to get back to an old idea after you're on something new and shiny.

To combat this, both myself and other writers I've spoken with have talked about trying to work on concurrent projects. Get yourself into a rhythm of working on more than one thing, so that way when you're burned out on one idea, you can switch to the next and keep yourself fresh.

>>55146232
VLR is the best, but I'd put ZTD as a close second; it doesn't clean things up as well as you'd hope and it's a bit shorter, but it has some fun moments and enough content where you won't feel cheated.
>>
>>55146261
Just give them access to human FCBs.
>>
>>55146443
But that's BORING anon, I don't want to just toss human FCBs at them. They're SKINWALKERS, not humans, they need more stuff to make them stand out.
>>
>>55146429
Hey ehn, how do you deal with people who hate your stuff, like the SoM hate?
>>
File: Dog Food.png (97KB, 966x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Food.png
97KB, 966x599px
>>55146529
Eh, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Some people don't like SoM, that's fine. I like it myself, I'm proud of what I did, and I think it's a good subsystem. I had someone call KoP 1 overtuned, I've gotten a 2/5 from EZG for a book I've done, and I've written things that I know I could have done better. So really, it's just about learning what you can from an experience and moving on.
>>
>>55146562
Did you ever clarify Arcane Shot for the Bullet Wizard?

I posted somewhat a lengthy post in the Google doc on some of the confusing or conflicting wording. Some phrases refer to ranged spells while others touch spells.

By touch do you mean range touch or any spell that hits touch ac? Because from my knowledge, no spell of range touch is a ray or missile. The only multi target ranged touch spell I know of so far is Frostbite which allows you multiple hits. Over all, some of the language would fit if the spell was a ranged spell.

"Even if the spell can normally affect multiple targets, only a single missile, ray, or effect accompanies the attack."
>>
>>55139575
That's usually how things should go if the guy is meant to be a major player in the campaign... He beats you guys down a few times and leaves you to lick your wounds and gain a reason to want to take him in/kill him/whatever aside from just being asked/tasked with doing so. It makes it personal, and makes it all the sweeter when you finally kick his ass.
>>
File: 1483215011117.jpg (144KB, 900x722px) Image search: [Google]
1483215011117.jpg
144KB, 900x722px
What do you guys generally think of Pathfinder E6? How about E8?
>>
File: Armor girl 5.jpg (85KB, 540x661px) Image search: [Google]
Armor girl 5.jpg
85KB, 540x661px
>>55146977
The wording's the same from the myrmidon, so it should use the same rulings from that.
>>
>>55147044
Generally boring.
>>
>>55147044
Not much taste for E6 around here, that I can tell you.
>>
>>55147044
Looks like a good way to cockblock a lot of classes from features
>>
>realizing you're marrying into a big crazy family that's connected to the big bad in more ways than one in a fucked up family tree the size of Yggdrasil, with your party being in-laws from one side of the family and the enemy being in-laws from the other.

Fuck I knew I shouldn't have wooed that cute maid.
>>
>>55147194
>>55147409
>>55147420
Well that's disappointing.
>>
>>55140627
Elven bards make excellent military officers. They have decades of military command experience and you can just put them in charge of squads of bowmen / crossbowmen and use their inspiration for +to hit and damage.
>>
>>55147444

Could be worse, anon. You could have been hunted by vicious packs of the villain's minions seeking to perform a crossbow wedding.
>>
>>55147514
At least my wife is cute.
>>
>>55147444
Rory pls.
>>
>>55147547
Gnolls can be cute!
>>
New thread:

>>55147784
>>55147784
>>55147784
>>55147784
>>
>>55147800
Fuck off Luci
>>
>Two of my players ask if they can use homebrew classes they wrote
They're lucky we're friends, otherwise I wouldn't even consider it.
>>
>>55143827
>>55143915
Ah thanks!
I found rolisteam which isn't java garbage and still open source
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.