[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 35

File: 1499917445766.jpg (350KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
1499917445766.jpg
350KB, 736x528px
Previous thread: >>55104556
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
You know you can make a new thread before page 10 right?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>55121114
Lets shit this one up with Mage Supremacy!
>>
>>55121172
Let's not. This general swims in salty tears too much.
>>
Reminder that archmages are canon to your game no matter what.

But that doesn't matter because they don't do anything.
>>
File: Barbed_Lurker.jpg (3MB, 1909x2637px) Image search: [Google]
Barbed_Lurker.jpg
3MB, 1909x2637px
>>55121384
Reminder that all supernaturals bar demonshitters descend from the Dark Mother. Beast SUPREMACY for the win! Especially since Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.
>>
>>55121516
This pans out. I can't refute it.
>>
>>55121516
>Reminder that all supernaturals bar demonshitters descend from the Dark Mother.
How is that? I recall something about it but I've repressed most of Beast's fluff, along with my father beating me and Wiggles the Clown making me wiggle his willy at my 9th birthday party.
>>
>>55121657

Beasts use their ability to develop powers based on the other splats, their ability to power them up, and their ability to use them as a feeding proxy as evidence that they are the Ur-Splat from which the others developed.
>>
>>55121657
Dark mother is like a Lilith figure, gave birth to all the creeps because reasons. Now her favorite kids can boss the rest around.
>>
>>55121762
>>55121786
Page number?
>>
>>55121762
Couldn't you argue with that same evidence they're late comers who are meant to be chameleons and ape or empower others in their own specific mission of fear spreading?

Actually let's do that this thread, take the basic known realities in Beast and write some conflicting theories. The lack of divergent opinions in the splat along with social factions was one of the weakest points anyway.
>>
>>55121911
I thought the lack of Y and Z splats was a problem (No you can't tell me the Hungers count because they just don't.), the fact that it wasn't addressed in Conquering Heroes only made things worse.
>>
>>55121911
>It's only ok when mage does it
Fuck off
>>
>>55121911
Dont waste your time on fucking Beast. The writer didnt.
>>
>>55121951
That too
>>
>>55121953
It isn't okay there either, you notice how hard they backpedalled on Atlantis in 2e? Its only okay when Mummy does it because the origin isn't the end of that story but your personal beginning
>>
>>55122015
We will see how true that is in mummy 2e
>>
>>55122015
But they didn't back pedal on Atlantis
>>
File: Mord Sith.jpg (320KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Mord Sith.jpg
320KB, 1536x2048px
Legacyfag, can you convert the Whipping Boys to 2E rules?

Also, I don't understand why are they Obrimos related. Their attitude to pain and their Optional Arcanum both fit the Mastigos Path better.
>>
>>55122078
Dave has a post where he specifically talks about back pedaling on Atlantis
>>
>>55122078
They did, but not super hard. It's not considered hard fact anymore and your character can not believe in it without looking like a retard.
>>
>>55122067
If they introduce culture mummies again there will be a riot. Mummyfags hate it and mummyfags are the only people buying mummy. All 12 of us
>>
>>55122217
Culture mummies?
>>
>>55122231
Mummies that didn't originate in Egypt
>>
>>55122134
Atlantis did exist but do to lazy writing and alternate dimension ex machina now it never existed
>>
>>55122344
Yeah. But the reason for that is because the idea and focus on Atlantis had problematic implications are something. I can't remember all the details because I never really worry about Atlantis in my mage games anyway.
>>
>>55122344
How is it lazy writing? It also isn't a deus ex machina, which actually means when a conflict or problem is suddenly resolved with something new, random, or otherwise not foreshadowed.
>>
>>55122368
Or something. I think I'm developing downs or something.
>>
>>55122368
>But the reason for that is because the idea and focus on Atlantis had problematic implications are something
For a game about mysteries, having the reasons for the state of the player splat not be a mystery at all was kind of a misstep.
>>
>>55122392
It is instead of completely rethinking Atlantis they put a proverbial bandaid over it. The whole Pax and things existing and not existing is stupid bullshit to explain why the World isn't full of stupid shit like gravity pushes things away or the moon made of cheese or something.
>>
>>55122451
Why would they need to completely rethink Atlantis? And the Pax is a completely logical think to have in a world where god level entities exist, and often have goals of a kind. It's not just there to serve as an explanation as to why stupid shit isn't rampant, because only autists care about things why that. Same with Archmasters' changes to reality being treated as a total retcon and not just an abrupt change.
>>
>>55122524
What ever magefag I grow tired of conversing with you. Despite anything I may say you will say the opposite to defend your lame splat
>>
>>55122524
I like Atlantis. Atlantis is cool. I wanted them to keep it in there, but they took it out like the stupid fucks they are. I should have known, Dave B destroys all he touches, like Trump with better hair.
>>
>>55122755
Atlantis is still in the fluff, they just don't take such a hard stance on it anymore. You can still use it in your campaigns and have characters who regard it as being true.
>>
File: Serra Angel by Greg Horn.png (2MB, 894x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Serra Angel by Greg Horn.png
2MB, 894x1200px
Daily reminder that Aether has the best Supernal Entities.
>>
>>55122231
>>55122326

For context:

Mummy the Curse has its characters originate from a civilization that centers in the North Eastern region of what would later be Africa. A lot of that civilization's remnants, in the universe of MtC, formed the basis of Ancient Egypt as we know it, which is why Mummy uses many Egyptian terms and aesthetics. A player character lived in the Nameless Empire and probably lived in its major city, Irem. The Nameless Empire itself was probably very large, if not potentially world encompassing if that's how you want to play it (Canonically, it was probably huge but not large enough to conquer Canaan).

Mummy provides two outs for people who don't specifically want to look like a North African: the Sahu (a Mummy's body which is more like a shell post Rite of Return than a real body) is somewhat psychoreactive and might shift into a more culturally fitting appearance at low Memory, or sometime in the Arisen's existence, its spirit was transferred into the body of one of its cultists, fusing its memories and the memories of its cultist host while completely consuming the host's personality. Otherwise, a lot of Mummies, separated from Irem forever, have a tendency to go native aside from their Guild loyalties. That doesn't stop them from trying to bring Irem back, however, which is why Washington DC is how it is.

This is in contrast to Mummy the Resurrection, which has quick descriptions of Bog Mummies and Chinese Mummies and a reskinning of the powerset to play these types of characters. Since Curse 1e's more solidified origins were so different from other CofD games, we will see if this will remain so, and whether or not culture mummies will be a thing in 2e. Considering that history has had lots and lots of attempts to recreate the Rite, their appearance would be easy to slip into the lore.
>>
>>55122971
Interesting, yeah I thought about that while reading the book.

Even as a black guy I don't always want to play an African mummy. But it would be hard to explain the rite happening all over the world unless we say there are a bunch of empires like irem.
>>
>>55122971
Would love to run a mummy game from the very beginning, and skip to interesting points in time eventually reaching modern day, or have half flashback half now sessions. But fucking all that mumbo jumbo and work you have to do to make historical settings feel right is a big put off.
>>
>>55121516
The problem with championing Beast in any sort of dick waving contest is that you're still championing Beast.
>>
>>55123245
This thread has been dragged so low, that doesnt even sound bad anymore.
>>
>>55122914
Now there's a missed legacy opportunity. Forces/Prime/Life for the classic 90's glamazon MTG angel transformation.
>>
>>55123245
I was only championing beast because I am fucking tired of Mage
>>
Is there an index for the various flaws for nWoD (1e)?

Because I'm not seeing even 1% of the flaws I know are published in some book somewhere. I know because my old group had some books that had more flaws, but all I can find are the ones from the core rules.

>>55123336

I'm an unrepentant Magefag and I'm kinda with you. It seems like we can't have a single thread without a fucking Mage Supremacy/Fuck Mages shit-storm of some kind.
>>
>>55122784
Not good enough. I want sunken cities and ancient hypertech, Mysterious Cities of Gold and all that. This wishy-washy bullshit is just Dave B trying to have it both ways. Shit or get off the pot, Dave.
>>
>>55123195
I think the key is to think of three or four key periods and focus on that. Like - Battle of Hastings, War of the Roses, the Colonial Era, WW2, Modern Nights.
>>
>>55123268
>tfw you realize that that cute girl from the Cabal across the city has Attainments that let her reveal her inner sexy angelic self
>tfw she learnt it by getting addicted to Supernal voyeurism, which she achieves by using Sleeper souls and now you have to protect her from the wrath of the rest of the Consilium.
I swear the Echo Walkers don't get any rest. They get a bad rep because of a few bad apples, when many of them are quite considerate with their Sleeper enablers. If they based the Optional Prime part of one of the Attainments on a combined Prime + Death spell that dislodges/pushes back Souls, they could even avoid any potential Wisdom hit, like that girl did. How irresponsible of them.
>>
>>55123245

TFW when Beast is so bad that its few fans manage to make Mage supremacists look really good.
>>
>>55123891
They are looking about even these days.
>>
>>55122130
Legacies are often about going beyond your Path. For example, the Thyrsus might have a very Moros-like Legacy because they want to learn Death. Adding Death as ruling isn't much good to the Moros themselves.
>>
>>55123962
>They are looking about, even these days.

Well, it is best to check prices everywhere before committing to a purchase. #punctuation
>>
>>55124241
I can't tell if this is a troll, an attempt to be cute, or a stupid person.
>>
>>55123131
>>55122971
They make it sound like the people of Irem were all blackity black black black but it was probably more varied than Egypt is now. It's like asking "what race is someone from Miami." If your ST says you have to be black, tell him you were a captured Armenian
>>
>>55123131
Some minor fucking around and reskinning and you could play a 'minor' mummy with a Purified. Play them off as a shattered echo of the original Rite, travelling through time and Fate.
>>
WHENS SCION RICH
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE SCION
>>
>>55124308
Well it isn't quite that simple. They give approximate ranges of Item's conquests. Sure you can say you wandered from further, but the book spells out it would be real rare if you were a blonde blue eyes mummy.
>>
>>55124411
When they projected a May release on the KS, my gut told me fall. It'll probably be fucking October, the spookiest month.
>>
>>55124437
Rare but not impossible! Hell, your whole meret could be white because you're the Armenian clique, hung out together even before the Rite because you were all Armenian.
>>
>>55124484

February 2018. Calling it now.
>>
>>55124716

>Live in Ancient Armenia
>Get invaded by weird necromancers with animal heads, forced into the Sign of the Scorpion
>They teach you their physical magics
>Get really good at it, get a place in a Guild
>Get too good at it, to the point where the head priests murder you as a part of a ritual to break time and space to become an immortal cosmic horror god in miniature with a nasty case of amnesia
>Still the cosmic middleman but you get to own a fortune 500 company and keep your Tomb in a penthouse
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>55124719
before Far West
>>
>>55124484
>>55124719
I don't know. They said it wouldn't likely be months delay but that could just be buttering people up. I'm still hoping for sometime this year
>>
>>55124719
Remember when Changeling 20th was due out for Changeling's 20th anniversary, two years ago? Wraith 20th is now three years overdue...

Rich has given up on everything except fucking Pugmire.
>>
>>55124790
>travel time endlessly
>hoping each Quantum Leap will be the one to take you home to Irem
>>
>>55124719
Writing and editing on Origins is done, per Neall. I can't imagine Hero's final draft isn't done now either since Origins was sent in late July. Now we wait for that infinite stretch for art and final layout I guess
>>
>>55125101
Reminder: the layout dept. in Onyx Path is ONE - FUCKING - GUY. The greater the backlog, the greater the delay. Who's for a new Kickstarter???
>>
>>55125139
I feel bad for that poor bastard.
>>
>>55125139
Can we kickstarter a second layout guy?
>>
>>55125157
>I feel bad for that poor bastard.

The buck stops at one man - RichT.

It's not Mike or Rose's fault, and certainly not the freelancers who timely completed their assignments.
>>
>>55125275

You can bring him up as much as you want, but unless there's some kind of active pushback, it's not like that's going to change.
>>
I am making gifts for werebeetles, would it be too outlandish for them to have on that shoots a thunderbolt from their horn? Or hands in Homid form.
>>
>>55125497
>I am making gifts for werebeetles
>would it be too outlandish
>>
>>55125497
Naw man. Do whatever feels good.

Where do your were beetles come from?
>>
>>55123570
Uhm. All of those still exist you retard. The fragments of Atlantis weren't pulled from the cannon, the only real difference is the hard line social stance the Orders take towards it. But you're probably, once again, too retarded or bursting with autism to understand that.
>>
>>55125689
Wow that is a lot of undue aggression.

Calm your tits.
>>
Oh Jesus. I just finished reading the last thread. People -really- hate Archmages.
>>
>>55125854
They really seem to just not understand them at all. They really make the setting entirely more cohesive. They also technically allow for every asinine house rule your ST can come up with to technically still fit within the 'canon'.
>>
>>55125854
For the reasons unknown. I mean that you don't have to use them in your game if you don't want to. Same thing goes for mages. You dislike that archmages are too powerful, or useless, or both? Fine, don't use them, but why all the hate?
>>
>>55125854
No one is playing an Archmage.
No one is running an Archmage game.
No one is using an Archmage as a major NPC.
But everyone talks about them.
>>
>>55125909
>No one is running an Archmage game.
>No one is using an Archmage as a major NPC.
Speak for yourself man, I did both and it was awesome.
>>
>>55125909
I like using them as NPCs that make the plot get started. Even more so in high power games given the side bars about power stat 7+ creatures retaining their memories through acts of archmagic that rewrite history.
>>
>>55121516
>Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.

I'd say they're third, after True Fae(2nd) and Archmages(1st)
>>
>>55121516
That's what Beasts believe. It's not necessarily true.
>>
>>55125640

I wanted to tie them into being both guardians between the realms of the living and the dead, and as engineers and temple builders blessed by sun and sky. Historically, they would be from out of prominently Egypt, (South)east Asia and Mesoamerica, but gravitate toward places of faith. They unadvertantly end up strengthening the gauntlet with their works.

I am designing them to have variations between cwod and cofd. In cofd in particular they might run afoul of Mummies, Peonetheans, and the Uratha -
especially the Firetouched. They are stupid resilient and hard to kill but lack the destructive power of (death)rage.
>>
>>55125984
>Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.
When will we even get rules for them to know that for sure?
>>
Someone make the thread worse and post the power chart
>>
Which splat is closest to SJW propaganda?

Other than Beast, of course.
>>
File: OBJECTIVELY THE TIERS.png (262KB, 800x658px) Image search: [Google]
OBJECTIVELY THE TIERS.png
262KB, 800x658px
>>55126147
Ok why not
>>
>>55126147
God tier: Mage
Vermin: The rest
>>
Tell me anon, have you ever cried during a session?
>>
God Tier
>Archmage

Semi-God Tier
>True Fae
>Incarnate Beast

Overpowered Tier
>Prep Mage
>Loud Demon
>Fresh Mummy

Higher Tier
>Mage
>Sin-Eater w/Boneyard
>Demon
>Mummy
>Beast
>Sin-Eater
>Werewolf
>Changeling

Lower Tier
>Promethean
>Vampire
>Surprised Mage
>Prep Hunter
>Hunter
>>
To care this much about 'muh powah levels', I bet you're all weeaboos of the worst sort. Go back and jerk off to DBZ. Fuck off.
>>
>>55126213

Is there any way to make a powerful vampire? Or at least make one that can fight a werewolf 1v1 in melee and have a good chance of winning?
>>
>>55126204

I cried when a friend's character got killed saving their group from a deathlord. It was a good character and the ST was kind enough to let them die with dignity.
>>
>>55126213
Vampire shouldn't be above surprised Mage.
>>
What do you guys think of Monster hunter international?

Anyone tried running a game in their setting?
>>
>>55126213
Elder vampires with certain Devotions could be placed in 'Higher Tier'

Surprised Mages are still higher than your average Vampire.

Precisely prepped Masters could challenge True Fae and Incarnate Beasts

Boneyard is overrated
>>
>>55126213
Archmages are an outlier and shouldn't be accounted for anything
>>
Post oWoD/CofD filenames instead of powerwanking.
>>
File: Trenchcoat Convention.jpg (480KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Trenchcoat Convention.jpg
480KB, 1280x1024px
>>55126539
My favorite one. Props to whoever originally posted it.
>>
>>55126494
You had a whole thread explaining to you why your opinions are utter shit.
>>
>>55126539
>>
File: masquerade breach.jpg (1MB, 1200x1819px) Image search: [Google]
masquerade breach.jpg
1MB, 1200x1819px
>>55126539
Sure
>>
File: Beast the Primordial.png (338KB, 906x734px) Image search: [Google]
Beast the Primordial.png
338KB, 906x734px
>>55126539
This is basically the Beast character in my mixed game, despite being so deep into their crazy religious crusade they're nearly asexual
>>
File: Herd ●.jpg (46KB, 365x396px) Image search: [Google]
Herd ●.jpg
46KB, 365x396px
>>55126539
>>
File: kill the batmage.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
kill the batmage.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>55126745
I don't get it, honestly. Anyway, another
>>
File: princess the hopeful.jpg (114KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
princess the hopeful.jpg
114KB, 1280x1656px
A fansplat thing
>>
File: Herd 1.jpg (132KB, 842x720px) Image search: [Google]
Herd 1.jpg
132KB, 842x720px
>>55126774
I guess it's more obvious like this.
>>
File: thinking with Forces.jpg (105KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
thinking with Forces.jpg
105KB, 1000x562px
>>55126895
Yeah okay that makes sense. I could not get what the test tubes are trying to tell me.
>>
File: xTybUH9.png (435KB, 687x929px) Image search: [Google]
xTybUH9.png
435KB, 687x929px
I got a question I looking to try story telling in CoFD but I am not used to narrative focused gming coming from a DnD background. Is there any good APs you recommend in order to get a feel for Story Telling? I am interested in Mage 2e and/or Werewolf 2e.
>>
File: emerging from torpor.gif (981KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
emerging from torpor.gif
981KB, 533x300px
>>
>>55126929
Mage / Werewolf crossover has a lot of potential, as long as the Mage in question is proficient in Spirit.
>>
>>55126555
>Trenchcoat Convention

Anyone who wants to understand true horror need simply look at those pants
>>
>>55126929
If your players are from a DnD background too, keep them the fuck away from Mage. They'll drive you up the wall and you'll lack the skills to really contain them. Werewolf is a fine starting point for new people and can help kind of hook them in if they just want to murder shit at first.

I don't have any APs for you though, sorry. I don't really like them.
>>
>>55126929
don't even fucking run mage these diots have turned me off from it completely

>>55126957
no it fucking doesn't you don't mix anything with mage unless you want your themes shit over
>>
File: First Tradition - Masquerade.png (120KB, 450x409px) Image search: [Google]
First Tradition - Masquerade.png
120KB, 450x409px
>>55126932
>>
>>55126969

>Forsaken
>MS-13: The Role Playing Game
>>
File: how to play.jpg (63KB, 340x377px) Image search: [Google]
how to play.jpg
63KB, 340x377px
>>55126975
1) Don't let some assholes on 4chan ruin a game for you, Jesus. Mage is fine, don't let magefags and antimagefags taint it if you haven't looked it over.

2) Honestly something I noticed recently is that all the big 3 have some pretty easy crossover themes. Mage obsessions basically can be made to slip in secondary in anything, and vampires and werewolves have a lot of common hunting and predator material.

Was this intentional you think?
>>
File: gentlemen out for a stroll.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gentlemen out for a stroll.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>55127001
What's MS-13
>>
File: DaveB - MageWerewolfCrossover.png (22KB, 1622x144px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - MageWerewolfCrossover.png
22KB, 1622x144px
Even Dave has ran crossover LEL
>>
>>55127029
I mean you can also fairly hate it. I read CtL and loathed it, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to hate it. Though in this place that is not really an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>55127029

Mage is both the best and worst game for crossover.

Mage abilities and interests are so diverse that it can explain and justify interactions with practically any supernatural being.

However, mages tend to be so powerful, including in areas where other splats specialize (e.g., spirits, ghosts, etc.), and even their inherent abilities render most many mysteries easy to solve, mages tend to wreck themes, short-circuit plots and steal the spotlight of other pc's.
>>
>>55126957
Wasn't planning a crossover I was just interested in STing one or the other
>>55126969
>>55126975
Maybe you are right reading through time and fate makes me think I am not going to be prepared for such shenanigans. Also I am new to this thread so I don't want to start anything. I'll just ask about Werewolf.
>>
People too afraid to mix Mages with other splats are pussies. PUSSIES.
>>
>>55127084

Werewolf is cool. Ask away, anon.
>>
>>55127044
>What's MS-13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

Forsaken packs are modeled on gangs, and MS-13 is one of the worst gangs in the Americas.
>>
>>55127097
Don't make fun of me. Mage supremacy legit terrifies me.
>>
>>55127084
>Also I am new to this thread so I don't want to start anything.

I'm so sorry anon, don't let that ruin Mage for you if you like what you've seen so far. Or werewolf for that matter. Or vampire. Or demon, mummy, geist, or anything.

Except Changeling. Fuck changeling.
>>
>>55127097

Unless you're gaming group is very close and chill, adding mages to crossover is asking for trouble.
>>
>>55127098
What is a good starting pack size I have three players? Should there be one of each auspice? What rank should a pack totem be?
>>
>>55127114
>Don't make fun of me. Mage supremacy legit terrifies me.

I know this will sound like crazy talk, but if a mage appears in a non-mage chronicle, he might just be a "nice" mage willing to provide advice, resources and assistance against threats he doesn't have the time or inclination to deal with.

Not every mage goes around turning other supernaturals into law furniture for shits and giggles.
>>
>>55127165

Don't hesitate to have npc Uratha and others in the pack to balance things out. Both the core and The Pack offer advice in this regard.
>>
>>55127165
They can do whatever feels good, and the totem is linked to exp investment. Don't forget the pack is the wolfblooded and humans they've built up around themselves too!

If all three turn in a Rahu or something assume they want to kick ass, and then after a few sessions of that give them some uncomfortable social themes to contend with
>>
>>55127084
Reposting WtF 2e gift chart.
wikisend com/download/560932/wtf_gift_chart.pdf
>>
>>55127190
>"Nice" mages

>Yeah, they'll at least have the courtesy to kill you before the vivisection
>>
>>55121516
I couldn't hear you over my hunter cell. You gots a purdy mouff, beasty.
>>
>>55127268

Beasts are insufferable, but a hunter cell has no chance against an Incarnate without major supernatural assistance
>>
>>55127300
Considering only moderate exp a regular old anakim is strong enough to lift up the statue of liberty I doubt a hunter cell can do shit against a regular beast let alone an incarnate
>>
>>55126042
Sounds cool, especially the temple building. That would definitely make them run into mummies now and again. I think there are some rules for sun-auspices hidden somewhere in one of the books (war against the pure) but it is all 1e right now.
>>
>>55127352

Hunters, at least in 1e, really need to stick with easy prey like vampires, changelings, squirrels and those monsters-light from the Hunter corebook.
>>
>>55126442
What? Is that based on the Monster Hunter video games?
>>
>>55127376

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/MonsterHunterInternational
>>
>>55126213
prep hunter with benedictions can take on werewolves and changlings,. I'd put them a hair below beast on that list, desu.
>>
>>55127417
Ah. Then never heard of it. Sorry anon.
>>
>>55127457
Haha no. I sincerely doubt hunters can deal with wolves unless they have serious silver based weaponry
>>
>>55127607
This conversation is almost as pointless as archmages.

Almost.
>>
>>55127607
All you need is enough lethal to roll over to agg in one turn. Though to be honest, that probably means explosives, and lots of them.
>>
>>55127607
well, there's benedictions that stop them from entering a frenzy or transforming, period, so there's a start, another makes every weapon be treated as silver in the sense that they can't regenerate, for another. Not to mention The Sword of Archangel Michael, a benediction lets you do agg with weapons equal to successes netted. I've seen that go as high as 10 agg in one risked willpower swing with a greatsword. Don't get me wrong here, a woof surprising hunters is one thing, it's a slaughter. But give a MM member some prep time and a way to get stuff like Song of Daniel off on them and it's a ballgame the hunters can not only play, but sometimes have a slight advantage to
>>
>>55127727
I miss back when 5 dudes with shotguns was a credible threat for most singular supernatural creatures.
I liked how while the different splats were powerful, they still had something to fear from mere mortals, kept the dumbasses in check who thought they could run roughshod on the world.
>>
>>55127817
I'm pretty sure five dudes with shotguns are just fine against one werewolf. The problem being is that they tend to work in groups.

Vampires (and I assume in 2e Mummies, since they in 1e damaged the same as their undead siblings) are a different problem due to just treating most guns as bashing. You gotta burn the leeches.
>>
Is it ever actually stated anywhere that Archmages are above all other splats?
>>
File: baitsh.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
baitsh.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>55127868
Just stop.
>>
>>55127850
No, no, you missed the bulletin in the last thread. Werewolves have *cuddle* parties. The main problem is them being too enthusiastic in hugging your troubles away and accidentally crushing you. That's what Hunters do with werewolves - they stand at the edge of the parties, the defenders of mankind, pulling out folks who are being cuddled into heaven.
>>
File: deeds.jpg (236KB, 1280x775px) Image search: [Google]
deeds.jpg
236KB, 1280x775px
Let's hear some good examples of gaining Renown.
>>
>>55127896
No, I'm serious. It's not like a big rad flag proclaiming "THESE ARE UNBEATABLE DO NOT TOUCH" is being waved in front of our faces.

If I want my Pack to march into an Archmage's sanctum and kill him, it's feasible.
>>
>>55127868
DaveB said so and according to this thread DaveB is the head story guy in OPP.
>>
>>55127930
Good news, we had a long discussion on this about 4 threads back. Swing by and have a look.
>>
>>55127916
I once got a glory renown for eating more hotdogs in an eating competition aginst the spirit of Jonah Hill.
>>
>>55127930
>If I want my Pack to march into an Archmage's sanctum and kill him, it's feasible.
I mean you'd have to treat them like absurdly high rank spirits as far as risk goes.
>>
File: yes.png (27KB, 348x193px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
27KB, 348x193px
>>55127868
>>
>>55127930
Feasible, yeah.
But you'd probably want to have a bloody good explanation.
>>
>>55127984
I think it's safe to say that Imperial Mysteries can be considered non-canon at this point.

>>55127995
I think messing with the Shadow is a good enough explanation.
>>
>argues that a pack of werewolves can match an archmage
>proclaims imperial mysteries isn't canon

So you are literally retarded
>>
>>55128009
>I think messing with the Shadow is a good enough explanation.
No, I mean, an explanation for how you managed to find the Iris to, and hope to stand a shot against an individual as powerful as an Archmage.

It's possible. But you'd want a bloody good explanation.
By their very nature, an Archmage has access to Making/Unmaking, and automatically wins Clashes of Wills against lesser beings.
>>
>>55127930
>If I want my Pack to march into an Archmage's sanctum and kill him, it's feasible.
Basically pretend an Archmage is a rank 6+ spirit. How would your pack kill one of those? It'd be hard as fuck and take a lot of planning and work. But sure, why not, they're the PCs let them take a stab
>>
>>55128043
>By their very nature, an Archmage has access to Making/Unmaking, and automatically wins Clashes of Wills against lesser beings.
Also all of their non imperial spells would have plenty of free reach to unleash hell with.
>>
So, quick koldunic kraina sorcery hack for Requiem: Let them use an area according to their own blood potency and duplicate an Influence within that area? With the influence being something that dominates in the area, like cold, water and mist at a waterfront or wood and stone in a park?
>>
>>55128092
What's koldunic kraina? I'm not familiar, is it a VtM thing?
>>
I have to wonder if people hate on Mage because of personal bias or obsession over pointless external balance. Why do I feel like it's the former.
>>
>>55128186
Yeah. Tzimisce sorcery. Kraina's just the older version of it. Powers based on place rather than element. Tends to make its owners remarkably homicidal to other vampires because they're complete jews about secrets.
>>
>>55128190
>My last bait didn't last long enough
>>
>>55128220
>perfectly reasonable approach to why shitposting lasts so long
>"must be bait"

Sure
>>
>>55128239
There is no satisfying answer to your question.
All it can do is cause arguments, or cause people to shitpost more.

So you're either an idiot, or it was bait.
>>
>>55128271
We're all idiots here, Anon.
>>
>>55127916
>Let's hear some good examples of gaining Renown.

For Purity a PC spend a month in fasting (only eating what he hunt) so i made him do 10 successive Kuruth rolls. If he failed 2 consecutive ones he would fall to kuruth and murder his boss (he was a court guard)
>>
>>55126204
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyVjlaeHGlA
>>
>>55128297
>Blood In The Court: Judge and Witnesses Slain By Unknown Armed Assailant

Imagine a given large city which has a ton of the big three splats and plenty of the less common ones. Can you imagine the insane headlines on a monthly basis caused by werewolves spazzing out and Lunacy, Invictus coverups for the Masquerades, Disquiet disasters, and other weirder shit drifting through and causing trouble?
>>
>>55128426
Just set it in Florida, you'll be okay
>>
>>55128426
You'd probably have a collection of remarkably sane members of each major and a few from each minor splat cleaning up after the rest. They'd get together as a support group weekly. Meaning they just go to a bar and get hammered together and bitch about their jobs.

Only instead of a normal bar lineup, one person is a werewolf drinking literal kegs. Another guy is forcing the bartender to drink at gunpoint then drinking from him. An ancient Iremite corpse, low on Sekhem, is busy bitching about how everything these days tastes terrible and makes him feel wet and still hasn't noticed the two changelings in the corner are using him for a dart board and causing the liquor to dribble out of his pierced gullet. And then there's two guys sitting at a table, one a thousand year old spirit-being who has just resurrected himself for the fifth time this week (and hates his life) and another who is wondering if all this "Fall" business was really worth the free will because holy shit what the fuck is wrong with this city.
>>
>>55128190
I just think it sucks you can't easily have a vampire a werewolf and a wizard teaming up for jolly cooperation without really cramping on one-another's style.
>>
>>55128510
>I just think it sucks you can't easily have a vampire a werewolf and a wizard teaming up for jolly cooperation

Yes you fucking can. See >>55127052
>>
>>55128522
>as a one-off guest character
>which lead to him being boring and using a Ban to shut down a battle

amazing. Good to know the wizard could just trounce through any challenge the woofs needed to complete.
>>
>>55128509
"You're each the one pragmatic member of your splat in a monster mash crossover city" is a solid campaign hook.
>>
>>55128510
The cramping is less power level, more themes. If you can justify them helping each other, the rest stops mattering.
>>
>>55128550
Themes, themes, themes is that all you fucking think about?
>>
>>55128540
I kind of like the idea of Purified cops. You know, a set of players who have to satisfy their boss and the local splat members while keeping the city moderately less insane than normal. The x-files, if Moulder could vomit fireballs, Scully was less about rationalism and great tits and more about dark sorcery.
>>
>>55128493
>Florida
That makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>55128575
Yyyyyyyyes?
>>
>>55128597
>dark sorcery
I believe you mean dark sorcery and great tits.
>>
>>55128289
Forget anon its china town
>>
>>55128654
Daimon Kiyota was so fucking awesome.
>>
>>55128597
I'm messing around with a campaign idea in which a vampire court, while maintaining the Masquerade, merges into a metropolitan police department. I've posted about it here before and plan to write a more detailed treatment later.

>>54893931
>>54893945
>>54893958
>>54893974
>>54893994
>>54894005
>>54894024
>>
>>55128686
I enjoyed that. Do write more.
>>
>>55128669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWnubJ9CEw
>>
>>55128735
I'm aware, but Daimon Kiyota was fucking awesome. TSW was about as close to a WOD MMORPG we'll ever get.
>>
>>55128539
The players working together to set up a trap and get the enemies into it is boring now? I thought it was a classic move and always a tense situation, since anything could go wrong with the plan. That's why it feels great when you pull it off.
>>
>>55128575
Themes matter unless you're some tasteless chump who just wants a monster mash.
>>
>>55128597
This is how I run the Invictus. Handing over fat stacks of cash to keep weird shit off the local radar. Scrubbing medical records and getting rid of 'alien' corpses. The idea being ANY hunter interest is bad for business. So they have particular hate boners for any splat fuckery that leaks to the public
>>
What does it feel like to Ascend?
>>
>>55128883
Like taking datura.
>>
File: 1494474887701.jpg (199KB, 968x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494474887701.jpg
199KB, 968x1000px
>>55128883
Absolutely EUPHORIC
>>
File: Ascension.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ascension.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>55128883
>>
>>55128883
Like winning an internet argument.
>But no one's ever—
Exactly.
>>
>>55128540
That's kind of close to the premise of a mixed game I'm in, the ones who had any idealism at the start are basically emotionally collapsing while the vampire and mage watch and take notes.
>>
>>55129096
Or manipulate them. "Watch, I bet I can have him a full blown alcoholic inside of a two weeks." "You're on. I'll try and make this one kill and eat his wife."
>>
>>55129150
That's the kind of bullshit you reign in for a mixed game. There's a gentleman's agreement to not be giant disruptive cocks that I feel like is something missing when people discuss mage crossovers in here. Probably takes actual friendships with the group though vs. being kind of newer formed though
>>
>>55121516
>never felt this good about being Demonfag

>implying that Incarnate Beasts have any shit on higher tier Archangels
>>
>>55126213
Why did you include unplayable antagonists of two splats (True Fae and Incarnate Beasts) but not the other? The angels from Prommies are at least True Fae tier. Same goes for very powerful archangels.
>>
>>55129291
>unplayable

They're included them because they -are- playable. Changelings can turn into the Gentry, and Beasts can become Incarnates of themselves.
>>
>>55129357
Aren't Changeling turned Gentry different form True Fae that started out this way? Which is why we get stat blocks for them but not for the other True Fae?

Wait, Beasts can do that?
>>
>>55129405
No? True Fae are like supped up Changelings to begin with.
Incarnate Beats are similar to the Gentry in that they're lords of their own realm.

Archmages are realms unto themselves as well.
>>
>>55129434
Oh shit so it means I can beat and bully True Fae with my Demon? Neat.
>>
>>55129451
Probably not if they're within the confines of Arcadia.

Outside of that you need to outplay them at their own game.
>>
>>55129463
Or I could just cheese the shit with broken shit, like Momentum. Or Za Warudo.
>>
>>55129481
>broken shit like momentum and za warudo
Laughing Obreimos.jpg
>>
>>55129508
Oh shit, there are Obreimos True Fae? That does sound scary.
>>
>>55129463
Going by the 2e rendition of the True Fae, it would appear that a clever enough Master of Fate could deal with any single Gentry.

Though I'm not sure if you could Unmake their Titles/Name until Archmastery has been achieved.
>>
>>55129481
It's a bit harder than that, Anon.
>>
>>55129551
No, it's not. What are they going to do? Use some silly Contracts on me?
>>
>>55129539
Or a Matter Mage. Make cold iron and have fun.
>>
File: WoD - Innocents.png (600KB, 1097x617px) Image search: [Google]
WoD - Innocents.png
600KB, 1097x617px
>>55126725
>>
File: Beast - the Begotten.jpg (96KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
Beast - the Begotten.jpg
96KB, 800x537px
>>55126539
>>
>>55129571
They're absolute in the purview of their title.
>>
>>55129605
So unless their title is something like "Always Winner McUndefeatable" I should be okay.
>>
>>55129619
That's not a valid Title
>>
>>55129571
Here's the rundown on 2e True Fae

>http://theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
>>
>>55126539
Unironically the only good idea this thread has had.
>>
File: Bastet Shifters.jpg (46KB, 450x489px) Image search: [Google]
Bastet Shifters.jpg
46KB, 450x489px
>>55126539
>>
>>55129642
So cold iron or playing their stupid game.

Oh no, whatever shall I do with an Exploit that allows me to create any object. Like a cold iron weapon.

Also, wouldn't Demons be really good in Arcadia? There is no God-Machine around. So you can cut loose. Deals are your bread and butter since you are THE liar. And given all of the ways that Demons can gather, hoard and manipulate information figuring out stories would be simple.
>>
My group has a theory that the Garou could stop the apocalypse if we killed Caine or somehow found a way to purify his soul. The vampire creation myth totally makes it seem that he and Abel were trying to feed tainted gnosis to Gaia via living sacrifice and the wyrm took one for the team.

Are we crazy?
>>
>>55129729
It would really depend on what their Title is.

You could let loose and go Loud in Arcadia without the God-Machine screeching at you, yes, but the Gentry reign supreme within their domains.
>>
>>55129736
Yes. I mean, good luck, but yes. Get Lilith in on the game, just make sure you're telling her you're out to fuck Caine over and she'll help. And if she dies, Lucifer himself will pop over to give you a hand in beating eight colours of hell out of Caine.
>>
>>55129752
That's very vague. And according to >>55129642
they aren't that much of a threat. Can they have a Title that makes them immune to cold iron?
>>
>>55129729

I thought if something is created with magic, it's not considered "cold iron," just plain old iron.

The exception, of course, being Siderite.
>>
>>55129775
No, they are very much a threat. Enough to worry a Pack of Werewolves or a Master Mage. Yes, even a Demon.

They can't be 'immune' to Cold Iron, as that's their ban.
>>
>>55129752
>gentry reign supreme

I keep seeing that banded about, but have yet to see any evidence. Good luck trying to convince me until 2e is out though.

Like antimage fags keep saying, until its printed in a 2e book its not canon.
>>
>>55129776
No, Mages can conjure perfected materials. A mage creating cold iron is really creating cold iron.

It's just not Lasting. And really, why would you want it to be? Unless you like hoarding metals.
>>
>>55129776
It does not create it in the strict sense. It brings it. It allows you to pull any object out of the pocket dimension.

>>55129783
So they are just a powerful enemy with easily exploitable ban. I doubt they'd be even a footnote in a book of things a Master can steamroll.
>>
>>55129785
Gentry being supreme within Arcadia has been a thing since 1e. In 2e they can dream craft whatever is they desire in the Hedge.

In Arcadia, they ARE their realms. You're inside of them. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>55129801
Yes, that's exactly what they are. Monstrous entities with a pathetic little weakness. To anyone other than crafty Mages versed in Matter or Fate, they're going to be terrifying.
>>
>>55129804
But that's retarded. It means that with enough dots in stuff you can whack the realm itself to death with a cold iron sword.
>>
>>55129828
But why? What powers do they have that makes them so terrifying? Why would anyone need matter if they can just bring cold ion. Or use other powers to get it.
>>
>>55129834
Welp, that's how it is. Get used to it.

>>55129851
They're terrifying because of what their Titles entail.
>>
>>55129878
But the example given in that one piece of rules anon posted wasn't very terrifying. It was kinda just another way to make them bitches. One that a good Demon or Mage could use easily.
>>
>>55129892
Anon. These are Changelings. Mages, Mummies & Demons are, on average, much more powerful.

What is 'terrifying' to some splats is 'irritating' to others.
>>
>>55129908
Aww... I was hoping that True Fae would make for really scary antagonists against my Demon group. One of them is actually going to try and carve out their own Hell in Arcadia.
>>
>>55129434
Second time he has said this, but it ain't true.

True Fae are not statted out the same way as a normal souped up changeling.

A changeling can eventually 'rise' (aka fall) to the point of being a gentry if they are powerful enough and crazy enough.
>>
>>55129935
Wouldn't work. The Wyrd is too, well, weird. Also the countless other Gentry would gang up on you for 'fun'.

The Gentry could still be scary for your Demons, assuming you don't know what their Titles represent yet.
>>
>>55129939
You really need to read the 2e update for the True Fae.
>>
>>55129980
Not until 2e releases.
>>
>>55130018
oh no. it's you. the "herp dee derpity doo not canon until in core"
>>
>>55130031
The book has already gone through one major rewrite. Why start taking their blog entries as gospel?
>>
>>55130040
You got me there, but still. I don't think Rose is going to scrap this bit.
>>
>>55129939
>>55130040
Autumn Nightmares has stats for True Fae and they use the exact same template as a Changeling just with more than 5 dots in Attributes and Skills.
>>
>>55130040
Because these blog entries have been released very recently, post-shakeup and the book is fully written?
>>
>>55130057
>>55130051
You're right how recent this one is, didn't see that it was a newer one.

Don't know why the comments would be happy to make the true fae so squishy.

Oh well. Losing faith in 2e I guess.
>>
>>55130071
>Don't know why the comments would be happy to make the true fae so squishy.

Seems fine. Changeling fans were arguably worse than Magefags in the past.
They sincerely thought the Gentry were the single strongest things in WoD at one point.
>>
>>55130071
Squishy? The weakest True Fae has essentially Wyrd 6, and 30 dots, which is enough for 3 across the board, and 3 left over, which is an incredibly stupid array.

Meanwhile a middling True Fae is Wyrd 8, and has almost enough for average peak human stats.

Also:
>A True Fae never takes bashing damage from anything other than its banes (including iron)
So no bashing, bar Banes
>and takes lethal damage only from banes unless an attacker speaks its true Name or it breaks an oath, as above
No Lethal, unless using a Bane, speaking it's True Name, or it Breaks an Oath
>Only cold iron weapons can deal aggravated damage to the Gentry
No Aggravated, unless using Cold Iron

This means that one of the Gentry can survive, without harm, at ground zero of the detonation of a thermonuclear warhead.
Unless it's broken an oath, or something made out of Cold Iron (or its bane) hits it.
>>
>>55130168
Yeah, but are you fighting one without its banes? Not more than once at least. Why fight anything fae without cold iron?
>>
>>55130168
Wow all my motley's nuclear weapons are useless now thanks Onyx Path
>>
>>55130220
When you don't expect it?

If you know a Gentry is after you, then sure, load up on Cold Iron.
That's probably the only concession you're getting, and way to beat them without figuring out its bane.

But that's not the easiest thing to acquire, or use.

But really man, Changelings need to have SOME way to defend themselves against the Gentry without going on an extended quest to try and find out the end to its story.
>>
>>55130168
BAH

>Forces 4 Matter 3
Watch as my Obrimos nukes that Gentry bitch with a Cold Iron warhead.
>>
>>55130247
>Not filling your nuclear weapons with cold iron shavings.
>>
>>55130277
>cold iron shavings
Man how the fuck would we get our hands on some of THOSE
>>
>>55129804
Ok so how do gentry kill each other?

Cos then a archmaster can come along and do it better.
>>
>>55130269
Do they though? Unless big changes have happened, True Fae don't exactly spend a lot of time outside of Arcadia, and were weakened when they do.

Don't go hanging out in their corner of Arcadia, and if they show up you escape. Taking the fight to them should be end chronicle content in my opinion. Not just 'a real hard fight'.
>>
>>55130284
You find a Mage proficient in Matter.
>>
>>55130276

Doesn't nuPrime allow attacks as if using a bane?
>>
>>55130354
Don't know about prime, but Silver refinement for Prometheans does.
>>
>>55130354
I'm pretty sure, yeah.
>>
I haven't played Changeling in so long.

Is Cold Iron supposed to represent unworked iron? Or is it just a rare iron? Or 'meteor iron'?
>>
>>55130424
The gayest iron possible to slay the gayest creature imaginable.
>>
>>55130437
Forged from melted down Prince Albert piercings.
>>
File: 1538437485943.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1538437485943.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>55130437
This hurts the True Fae's feelings
>>
>>55129434

What is the werewolf version of an archmage or incarnate beast?
>>
>>55130497
There are none. Only hints and possibilities.
>>
>>55130401
Only to a specific being in twilight, as far as i know gentry arnt in twilight.
>>
>>55130497
There are none. Cry about it elsewhere.
>>
File: GINSNAP5.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GINSNAP5.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Question: How does a Vampire in an urban area wait out a natural disaster like a Hurricane or Earthquake?
>>
>>55130437
>The gayest iron possible to slay the gayest creature imaginable

>Only the most *fabulous* can wield gayiron against the True Fae
>>
>>55130534
Digs a big hole, crawls in it?
>>
>>55130424
>s Cold Iron supposed to represent unworked iron? Or is it just a rare iron? Or 'meteor iron'?

An actual workable definition of "cold iron" is one of the great Mysteries of the CofD.

David Hill's playtest's definition was still in flux, and Rose hasn't mentioned the topic
>>
>>55130518

Where is it hinted at? I would like to read up on this certain thing that sounds neat.
>>
>>55130534
Go places that are unlikely to have survivors. Honestly, places deep underground are probably best. Rescue teams may go investigate (giving you a meal if you can work for it), but it is expected that most people will go elsewhere during a disaster.

Hurricane is harder, since people will hide underground (basements, subways, etc) so now your main hide aways are trouble.

But earthquakes should be easy. You're undead, go somewhere semi-stable that humans would avoid because they don't want to get hit by some debris (which will mean little to you).
>>
>>55130555

In Imperial Mysteries it's suggested that all splats have "sponsors" that advocate their interest in the Pax Arcana, thereby preventing Archmages from doing things like routinely curing vampires.
>>
>>55130594
For werewolves though this is probably their mom/dad, Luna. For other shifters, probably surviving Pangeans in Pangea.

Then again, who knows, maybe super powerful werewolves get sucked into Pangea. That's why we never see them.
>>
>>55130594
What is sponsoring woofs if not Luna?
>>
>>55130594
Those "sponsors" aren't necessarily playables, Anon.
>>
>>55130587
>Hurricane is harder, since people will hide underground (basements, subways, etc)
Explain to me why people would hide underground during a hurricane. Most areas where topical storms are a threat usually don't have basements because the terrain doesn't support it. More often than not would the flood level is rising people go for roofs.
>>
>>55130634
People hate Archmages because they're playable and sponsor tier bullshit.
>>
>>55130594

I will check it out.

Isn't that the book That's supposed to have really terrible art..?
>>
>>55130646
I was making a guess off of movies. I live in the Northwest, we don't get tornadoes or hurricanes.
>>
>>55130655
You will find nothing in that book. The sponsors for werewolves are spirit-gods, not actual werewolves.
>>
>>55130655
The cover alone is terrible art enough for several books.
>>
You guys realize that the 'sponsors' in Imperial Mysteries were only put in to lessen some of the anti-Mage backlash, right?

It's such a ridiculous concept that it can't be anything other than that.
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>55130655

All Mage 1e art (and layout and colors) was an embarrassment, and Imperial Mysteries mostly included recycled art or new crap due to a shoestring budget. We're lucky the book was released at all.

>Thank the Aether they're no Unicycle Archmasters
>>
>>55130689

That's fine still sounds cool.

>>55130700

At least I'm in for a laugh or two!
>>
>>55130722

More embarrassing than blue glowing leather daddy Pride Parade homo Mages??
>>
>>55130712
Fuck off magefag. What is the prommie progenitor, what is the beast dark mother, what is the God machine? Fucking idiot.
>>
Friendly reminder that 4chanx is necessary for making these threads tolerable.
>>
>>55130748
Ummm, you are clearly missing the point.
>>
>>55130712

It's also very possible that the "sponsors" for some splats or other groups are Archmasters.

Heck, it's even implied in IM that an Archmaster was responsible for vampires.

When in doubt, if something in CofD really, really sucks, it's probably the fault of some douche archmaster mucking about in the supernal.
>>
>>55130748
Not disregarding their existence, you cock guzzler. I'm saying it's fucking ridiculous that every 6+ entity flies into an autistic death-rage whenever some other 6+ entity messes with their created Templates.

It's fucking hilarious. You really think Archmages need to "politely" ask Luna to turn some fucking hobo into a woof? It's a priceless concept.
>>
>>55130769
I refuse to believe that
>>
>>55130769
The Dark Mother is responsible for Vampires.

>Surprise, talking about archmages is causing a fruitless argument.
>>
>>55130787
As a previous Anon noted, an Archmage could just piss all over Luna and make a Werewolf Template that doesn't actually suck. No rage, weakness to silver, etc.

She can't do anything about it, because it's not her creation.
>>
>>55130748
God machine is a archmaster experiment, go read imperial mysteries, it tells you what the god machine is.
>>
>>55130735
>More embarrassing than blue glowing leather daddy Pride Parade homo Mages??

Except for some very rare exceptions, virtually all Mage 1e art was truly and inexcusably terrible.

Art like Pride Parade Free Council and Kill The Batman Adamantine Arrow are at least amusing, and much of the non-Order Mage 2e art really isn't too bad, with the layout and coloring vastly improved over 1e.
>>
File: 13.jpg (79KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
79KB, 900x600px
>>55130685
Really poor guess. You really don't know much about these storms then. Here's the thing. If you're a Vampire you really ought to fly before the storm hits landfall because for a very long time conditions are going to be radically different than what you're used to. You as a Vampire are only operating for half the day. And your Haven is basically your fortress during the daylight hours. You can survive using secrecy and a good deadbolt, but a topical storm cares nothing about your hack home security job.

Rising water levels make the low lands underpopulated and inhospitable quickly. I me sure you're a Vampire and you don't really need to worry about drowning, but all your shit isn't waterproof. Water damage is going to destroy your Haven and everything inside it, if you were unlucky enough to have the flood waters rushing your door.

Besides that, NEVER FORGET ABOUT THE BLOOD. Basically since the second that emergency broadcasts go out, every single source of blood is going to be in jeopardy, or fleeing the scene as quickly as possible. Recovery and normal operations to sustain the previous free range of kine, could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
>>
>>55130868
Sorry, I don't purposely live in the path of near constant natural disasters.
>>
File: God Machine Imerpial Mysteries.jpg (95KB, 418x379px) Image search: [Google]
God Machine Imerpial Mysteries.jpg
95KB, 418x379px
>>55130836

Imperial Mysteries God Machine story hook, pre-God Machine Chronicles.
>>
>>55130836
No it's not and I am not reading that garbage
>>
Welp, it was going okay. But now it is back in full force. I guess it is fine since the thread is heading toward page 10, they can just shit it up for the next few hours.

Maybe there is a nice character art thread up right now.
>>
>>55130884
Yes it is. Cry more bitch.
>>
Is there a nWOD/CofD supplement more triggering than Imperial Mysteries?
>>
>>55130876
>Offers movie advise with no grounding in reality.
>>
>>55130735
Yes.
>>
>>55130911
Only thing that comes close is The Plain in Hurt Locker (was that hurt locker? I think so).

And Changing Breeds.
>>
>>55130919

Which legacy book was Perv Voyeur mage in?
>>
>>55130929

Yes, The Plain were in Hurt Locker

Only David Hill could invent a minor ex-Amish, blog-reading, pacifist splat that could beat archmages and gods with nothing more than a smartphone camera.
>>
File: 1450752525989.png (795KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
1450752525989.png
795KB, 842x473px
You can't stop Mage Supremacy
>>
>>55130978
Legacies: The Sublime, I think.
>>
>nearly 40 posters

I refuse to believe this
Magefags are master false flaggers
>>
>>55130534
For people that don't want to spend a thread on mage, what do vampires have going for or against them?
>>
>>55125689
>Getting this butthurt and defensive over something that doesn't involve fucking your wife's sister in a hot tub

Take your hormones, Gladys.
>>
>>55126185
>putting those pederasts and conspirators at the top of the pyramid

Pedophile detected.
>>
>>55131069
>what do vampires have going for or against them?

Well, they're better than beasts. Other than that, they're a parasitic pox on humanity that should be exterminated on sight.
>>
>>55131069
Sorry anon, just not feeling it.

The thread is dead. Just... turn off the lights when you leave, they can shitpost in the dark.
>>
>>55130929

Changing breeds is better than Mage on dent of not ruining setting.

Prove me wrong.
Pro-tip: you can't
>>
>>55131117

That is every thread on here.

If you want better discussion about vampire or cwod/cofd you are better off going to the whitewolfrpg subreddit or joining the major cofd Discord. Cwid also has its own Discord server as well.
>>
>>55131160
Even the subreddit has better discussion.

That's just sad.
>>
>>55131173

I would argue that something awful is also better than this place.
>>
>>55131125

How does Mage "ruin the setting?"
>>
>>55131223
Because anon doesn't like his splat being weaker than them.
>>
>>55131223

By existing.

Actually I think it's really cool by itself but like most people here seem to express I just like the idea of them being in crossovers. I don't read Spider-Man comics so I can hear about the Silver Surfer, basically. I would even say I think made you could be better if it wasn't a shared Universe at all and was its own game entirely.

They both feel stronger separated and isolated in their element.

But mostly I was just shitposting. actually think changing breeds could be really good if you just remove the very Cliff Notes aspects of Apocalypse out of it. Gaia isn't even a thing in cofd as far as I know.
>>
>>55131296

A new Changing Breeds first need to eliminate the crass furry pandering before anything else.
>>
Are Anons optimistic or dreading The Contagion Chronicles crossover books?
>>
>>55131348

Its werecreatures anon, just accept that furfags are unavoidable.
>>
>>55131364
Should be fun.
>>
>>55131364
>>55131405
>Contagion Chronicles

What other projects has Matthew Dawkins developed or written for?
>>
>>55131428
Looks like a lot of vampire?
http://theonyxpath.com/2016-year-in-review-matthew-dawkins/
>>
>>55131453
>Looks like a lot of vampire?

I'm not quite sure if that's a good or bad sign.

I haven't been too impressed by the recent Requiem releases, Secrets of the Covenants and A Thousand Years of Night, but that is probably due to Rose.
>>
>>55131453
More extensive on his linked in.

Dev credits:
Developer:
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Dark Ages Companion
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Beckett's Jyhad Diary
Pugmire - Pan's Guide for New Pioneers

Writing credits:
Writer:
Mummy: The Curse - Sothis Ascends
Vampire: The Requiem - 1000 Years of Night
Vampire: The Requiem - Half-Damned
Beast: The Primordial - Conquering Heroes
Chronicles of Darkness - Dark Eras Companion
Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Tal'Mahe'Ra
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Beckett's Jyhad Diary
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Lore of the Bloodlines
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Ready-Made Characters
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Dark Ages Tome of Secrets
Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition - Dark Ages Companion
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook
Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition - Book of the Wyrm
>>
>>55131591
>>
>>55126213
>Semi-God Tier
>Incarnate Beast
Hah. One unmaking spell and Beast is kill and you call it semi-god tier? It isn't any better than other splats with similarly high (8+) Supernatural advantage.
>>
>>55128037
Are you arguing against Rule Zero, now?

Every WW/OPP book ever published included the invitation to include, change, or exclude, any detail the ST wishes for their own games. Or are you so "literally retarded" that you demand we take one book seriously, and ignore a blurb from over a hundred others?
>>
>>55128190
We don't, we just tire of morons arguing over bullshit. I like Mage, bought new books this week, it doesn't mean I obsess over "powr levelz" and "SUBJECTIVE TIER" bullshit like a 13 year old virgin cursed to eternally haunt a comic shop. Who the fuck cares? Not me.
>>
>>55128426
For some reason, I'm reminded of the plot device in the scifi movie, Men In Black - the National Enquirer was the only reliable news source when it came to alien capers, but because it was about alien capers, everyone assumed it was fiction.

Imagine, then, a panicked CHROD Gazette, feverishly telling insane, illogical stories that ring of a truth that people laugh off publicly, chide each other over even reading, but quietly behind locked doors find themselves contemplating and feeling... Disquiet.
>>
>>55132881
>>55132899
Hey, fucktard. Instead of screeching in this thread how about you screech in the new on instead?
>>
>>55128597
Yeah, pretty much my take on a Project Twilight campaign.

>Chief Inspector? I have a question...
>Shoot.
>We're here, perp is in custody. Johnson says the... Chrono?... Chrono-Spatial Distortion was due to this device the perp built. Somehow. I have to be honest, boss, I can't even see how the damn thing was powered.
>Is it offline now?
>Yes sir. Bundy put a fire axe through it, and it put him through a wall. He's DOA.
>Damn..... okay, bag and tag, signal for extraction.
>What's the charge, sir?
>I think this falls under Public Endangerment, I don't know, I'll call Legal. Precedent doesn't exist for half the shit we have to deal with. For now just caution the Perp and hold the scene.
>yes sir.
>Jackson?
>yes, sir?
>That better not have been a requisitioned fire axe.
>>
>>55129202
And that's why the shitposers here never actually play anything, they're just here spamming bullshit.

It's like /k/, and the insipid moron they had a few years back who wouldn't stop going on about fucking beagles. Or, the lego general in /toy/ and the mouthbreather that thinks it's funny to constantly ask about Bionicle until he gets banned. For all I know, it's all the one shithead, just a bulbous sack of fat and wasted muscle tissue attached to a keyboard and screen, laughing like Beavis and Butthead and smelling like the inside of a full-body cast.
>>
>>55129736
Drag him to the silver waters of Acheron!
>>
>>55126213
I'm surprised that vampires are so weak as piss, considering they're WW/OPP's biggest franchise.
>>
>>55133257
Their bane is fire.
>>
>>55133288
Yes, and a Mage's bane is a bullet to the head or literally anything that can kill an ordinary human, what's your point?
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.