[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starfinder General /sfg/ What planet is your character from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 49

File: starfinder.jpg (344KB, 1000x1337px) Image search: [Google]
starfinder.jpg
344KB, 1000x1337px
Starfinder General /sfg/

What planet is your character from?
What is your favorite planet?

Pastebin (Includes CRB) - https://pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Cheatsheet - http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ - http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq
>>
File: 1491271550139.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491271550139.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Dude, the original thread isn't even in autosage yet.
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>54976796
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1010x609px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1010x609px
>>54993802
i like most of the planets but my favorite is probably one of the gas giants. the art for liavara is amazing
>>
>>54993926
>2 posters
>2 replies, on of which is calling you out no your shit
> literally self bumping an early thread to pretend it's getting used
>>
File: haloriflebayonet.jpg (23KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
haloriflebayonet.jpg
23KB, 800x450px
>>54993884
It is now

wtb bayonet rules
>>
I want to make a character from Castroval!
>>
>>54993802
Aucturn and Aucturn.
>>
File: ian-llanas-robotbirthfinalweb.jpg (178KB, 1013x1538px) Image search: [Google]
ian-llanas-robotbirthfinalweb.jpg
178KB, 1013x1538px
>>54993802
does anyone know when the setting book will be released?
and the beastiary?
i wanna see what kind of sppoky space magic monsters are out there
>>
>>54994648
Beastiary is October, Setting book is next March
>>
>>>54984710
I can't find this in the rulebook. Anybody know what page it's on?
>>
Are Vesk really made for Soldier-hood? Their only unambiguously good combat racial is +1 AC, the rest are extremely situational:

Natural Armor: 1 less ACP? yeah how often does that come up.
Fearless: I mean, if we have to dungeon crawl in the planet of Horror, maybe.
Low-light vision: This is the future, we have flashlights.
Natural weapons: Good luck disarming me.

Now compare that to the Shirren, who have the same 6 starting HP.

Blind sense: works where flashlights and low-light vision don't.
Communalism: reroll your Perception check for the surprise round, or ensure an attack hits.
Cultural Fascination: ok this is not very useful, but maybe you can persuade a bad guy to be less angry, idk
Telepathy: holy shit, fucking telepathy. not great in combat, but so useful outside.

One final Shirren downside is the +2 wisdom attribute, but at least it gives you +1 perception.

tl;dr vesk have 1 useful combat racial (+1 AC), shirren have 2 (blindsense, reroll a surprise-round perception check, or attack roll). shirren also have telepathy.
>>
>>54994782
Isn't the Vesk's armor trait also 1 more max dex?

Also flashlights only raise the light level by 1 step, unless I read those rules wrong, so you're still in dim light, so low-light is handy.

Also blindsense isn't the auto-win it was in Pathfinder, and it's SENSE, not sight, so you only get the square things are in, you'll still have to suck up concealment.
>>
File: 1457496669391.jpg (166KB, 584x880px) Image search: [Google]
1457496669391.jpg
166KB, 584x880px
>>54994782
im willing to bet there will be lots of horrible horrors in space anon. in fact, i garantee it. space is naturally more ominous than darkages
>>
>>54994927
no, vesk armor is +1 AC, 1 less ACP

as useful as low-light vision is (arguable), blindsense seems just better, even if it's not blind sight. and it seems like you can stack light sources to increase the light by multiple levels. if 2 people have flashlights, or you have a technomancer with dancing lights, low-light vision is irrelevant again. AND if you really care, you can just buy a darkvision armor upgrade for 200 credits.

>>54995013
sure, but it's still situational, and reactive; you can't decide to use your fear bonus except by intentionally seeking out fear dudes. whereas the shirren +2 culture/diplomacy bonus you can use every session if you wanted to.

shirren combat racials are arguably better than vesk, and their out of combat racials are flat out superior
>>
File: water_dome_by_chriscold-dap8mo6.jpg (407KB, 1210x609px) Image search: [Google]
water_dome_by_chriscold-dap8mo6.jpg
407KB, 1210x609px
>>54995150
>+1 armor, -1acp, fearless, lowlight
>shittyblindsense, supriseroundbonus
vesk look way better in combat to me.
maybe im a faggot, maybe your the faggot, but i think most people would see vesk as better
>>
>>54994274
>all one-handed daggers and knives count as bayonets
>attaching or removing a bayonet is a [x] action
>bayonets can be attached to longarms
>while attached, bayonets do not count as operative weapons
>it imparts a -[#] on ranged attack rolls while attached
>you can make attacks with either your bayonet, your ranged weapon (with the -[#]), or both
>making ranged attacks still provokes
>you count as melee for the purpose of threatening squares

For the variables, I think x=move and #=2. But you could also do x=standard and #=4 or a mix (move/4, standard/2). I think x=swift is too quick, given that you have to retrieve the knife from your gear and then attach it and x=full round is fucking stupid.

And for unusual bayonets (aka pretending you're in the IJA while screaming "TETO HEIKA BANZAI"):
>bayonets can be fixed to non-longarms ranged weapons, though that imparts a stronger aim penalty on those weapons (-4 or -6, depending on base #)
>ranged weapons with the unwieldy trait pass that on to melee attacks with the bayonet (so you can only make a single attack with a bayonet attached to a plasma cannon)
>>
File: zTe6G5G.jpg (66KB, 525x493px) Image search: [Google]
zTe6G5G.jpg
66KB, 525x493px
I see now way this can be used for magical realms.
>>
>>54994274
I'll prolly just have bayonets let the weapon function as a spear or something and have a bayonet attachment equivalent for every spear. Maybe have them impose a -1 or -2 on attacks with the weapon.
Cryopike bayonet would be cool too.
>>
File: 1487037300394.jpg (141KB, 655x435px) Image search: [Google]
1487037300394.jpg
141KB, 655x435px
We just ignoring that this thread was made while the original thread wasn't even in autosage, or what?
>>
>>54995439
Well I mean it actually was. Bumplimit's 300.
>>
>>54995439
Yeah, new thread is up with a more anime opening picture that has more people in it already.
>>
>>54995484
No, it's 310 dumbass.
>>
>>54995439
This thread, the troll thread, the last thread, and the OPs of all of them are all shit, but I really don't care as long as there's a thread to use.
>>
File: 4325457324.jpg (479KB, 1920x1084px) Image search: [Google]
4325457324.jpg
479KB, 1920x1084px
I want to play a space technolich.

When will they release neophylactery creation rules?
>>
>>54995507
Is it? Huh.

Does it really matter that much though? It's on autosage now and dropped to page 9 within like an hour, it's gonna hang around on the catalog for like the rest of the day anyway, what does it really actually matter one way or another?
>>
>>54995439
Feel free to discuss whatever you want anon~
>>
>>54995583
Making threads EXACTLY at the bump limit is cancer.
>>
>>54995582
Eoxians release in March if that works for you.
>>
File: odorless.jpg (263KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
odorless.jpg
263KB, 1600x1600px
Is it just me, or do players get really high skills right out the gate?

A +3 to all class skill you put ranks in, a guaranteed an 18 in your class ability score, and misc +2 modifiers depending on race. Even with only being allowed to put 1 rank into a skill at level 1, you're still able to get a +9 to a skill.

I just started playing today, and my group is getting really high rolls on almost everything.
>>
>>54995408
Do you think adding Knockdown on crit to affixed non-powered daggers like non-powered spears get would be too much to add? Seems to be the main difference between daggers and spears.
>>
>>54995887
IIRC the 18 is including the +2 isn't it? So you can't start with a 20 in anything?

Either way you're probably right, but that doesn't bother me at all, characters should be competent in whatever they're specialized in.
>>
>>54995887
I made a character with +12 in a skill at first level

Mind you me and my group still roll stats. Rolled a 17, put it into Dex, increased by 2 from human racial, increased by 1 from Ace pilot. Chose Operative as class, Ghost specialization.
Stealth of 12
Dex = +5
Rank = +1
C Skill = +3
Ghost = +3

Also 40ft base move speed and 240ft run speed from feats
>>
>>54995428
>I see now way this can be used for magical realms.

You think that one's the Magical Realm? You should check out the Serum of Appearance, which can alter your physical features to be just about anything you want, from slovenly obese neckbeard to absurdly curvy blonde bombshell.
>>
>>54996026
Nope, has to be within reason in regards to your species and gender. If you have a Serum of Sex Shift AND a Serum of Appearance, though....
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>54996051
>Nope, has to be within reason in regards to your species and gender

You'd be shocked at how much range you can have in regards to the appearance of a Human Woman, or a Lashuntan Man.
>>
>>54996051
>Implying girls can't be neckbeards
>Implying guys can't be curvy bombshells
>>
>>54996023
You can't have a starting score over 18, so unless a group ignores that like yours apparently did you're going to cap at +11.
>>
>>54996120
Where does it say you can't? Maybe if you point buy or that shit, but as i said, we rolled our stats
>>
>>54996153
>Expecting his houserules to matter in a discussion of the system
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54996153
Oh, just found it, guess we're gonna continue ignoring it
>>
Pathfinder Arcanist would probably be pretty broken in Starfinder, I think.
>>
Guys, I'm thinking the ship DCs aren't quite as bad as one would think. I have a bro that played the demo and had the following thing to say:

* Ship tier matters, not average party level. He described dealing with a multiple tiers of ships and they used the checks for the ships and not for the average party level. You can choose not to upgrade at any time.

* Gunners, Engineers, and Science officers can have teams that give aid another bonuses (Gunnery is worded odd, it says one person or team per mount, not one person per mount)

* There are only 2 people that are by themselves, captain and pilot, no one else needs the computer bonuses in most cases (Gunners, science officer, and engineers can reasonable expect to have dozens if not hundreds of aid another bonuses). Piloting has lower DCs, a reasonably min-maxed pilot (max dex, +6 dex implant, max ranks, +10 computer) can make Deep Space 9 doo a barrel roll on a 10 or better.

* Pilot is still kind of fucked, they are the only ones that get the DC 70 (in three different skills, no less) to do one action.

So yeah, Captian is kind of fucked regarding one specific action which needs to be fixed, but the high DCs really only matter in huge capital cruisers, the PC's will either keep to the small PC party crewed ships and not bother to upgrade making the DC's auto-pass, or will have teams of loyal NPC's backing them up.

I'd like there to be more rules for boarding (because security and medical officer are both appropriate), and also rules for having teams of figher pilots for going ship to ship combat. But it's not as bad as originally though.
>>
>>54996153
>You still can't have any single ability score higher than 18. If points from a race or theme would push you over that amount, you still just
get the 18, and those additional points are lost; they can't be assigned anywhere else.
>>
>You still can't have any single ability score higher than 18. If points from a race or theme would push you over that amount, you still just get the 18, and those additional points are lost; they can't be assigned anywhere else

Well rolling's for dorks anyway. And it reins in the 'I got super high stats so I am god' thing a little.
>>
>>54996220
>>pilot is kind of fucked

Goddamit, I mean Captain. Disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
>>54996233
Found it, group agrees to ignore. Missed it because we never even bothered to look at the Ability score generation stuff since we always roll stats anyways.
>>
>>54996153
Get a load of this retard.
>>
>hit point bloat
>fucktarded scaling DCs
>wonky math
>character building minigame

Can Paizo just not fuck something up for once.
>>
File: AAW.jpg (89KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
AAW.jpg
89KB, 400x518px
Need more monsters CR 1-3 for my campaign, post them converted/custom monsters if you have em.
>>
>>54996278
Eh, no skin off my nose. I hope you have fun, anon, let us know how it goes!
>>
Anyone planning a campaign? Not necessarily one that'll recruit here, just in general. I'm curious what people are doing without bestiary support.
>>
>>54996473
probably as well as any other campaign, great until that guy ruins it with constant references to video games that get old by hour 3 and then becomes that guy lvl 2 by trying to derail everything and then all players characters begin to develop insanity due to everyone bordering on psychotic due to that guy being the gm
>>
>>54996523
mostly npcs and security bots. a few pathfinder converts. Gonna strip the ap for anything interesting/useful and see how it goes.
>>
>>54996100
Secondary features belong to the Serum of Sex Shift.
>>
>>54996523
>I'm curious what people are doing without bestiary support.

What's keeping us from making a campaign primarily about fighting humanoids? Build a couple Human templates and that should be enough for a campaign.
>>
So, lets talk Technomancer. Since touch attacks target EAC now which is easy to raise, would raising str as a tertiary stat be a wise move?

I'm thinking int 18 dex 15 at level 1 then raise int, dex, str and con for ASI bumps. Is this worth doing or should I just disregard melee touch attacks?
>>
>>54996690

That's what I plan to do. The human pirate will be made into various NPC types. Once I get settled and get internet at my new place I may try and do roll20 just to fuck around with the system to get a feel for it.
>>
File: M6lwL49_d.jpg (140KB, 640x1029px) Image search: [Google]
M6lwL49_d.jpg
140KB, 640x1029px
Redpill me on this game rules. Are they balanced and fluid? I recently read Shadowrun and it's a mess.
>>
>>54996523
I'm homebrewing using PF monster creation rules and exporting the output via conversion rules. I will also convert a few existing monsters and maybe use eidolon rules to create a few more.
>>
File: kamov_ka50_hokum.jpg (36KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
kamov_ka50_hokum.jpg
36KB, 600x375px
>>54995428
Have the sexual characteristics your party needs, not the sexual characteristics your fetishes deserve.
>>
>>54996023
Your methods of getting more bonuses later on are rather limited (you've grabbed the majority there), and the DCs go up much faster than you may think.

By level 20, for the majority of actions, the lowest you'll have to deal with is DC 45.
>>
>>54996906
>Have the sexual characteristics your party needs

Seven vaganias.

Maybe more.
>>
How long before 3rd Party groups come to fill in the gaps between the long release periods? Is Dreamscarred press working on Starfinder shit?
>>
>>54996906
Cool it with the lewdposting, anon!
>>
>>54996945
I fucking hope not. Their shit killed so many PF games.
>>
>>54996971

Did they or did people who want to create create all sorts of crazy builds with VMCs and prestige classes and gestalts do it?
>>
>>54996866
Most of the core rules are pretty well-balanced and they work intuitively enough. There're issues, but the system doesn't look likely to break snap on its own as you advance through it. Some options and systems are fucked but the core itself looks decent enough to work around with adjustments made on the player side or by future content releases.

This is as opposed to Shadowrun or Pathfinder that don't really work until you change things beyond recognition.
>>
>>54996220
Your bro lied, or did not realize because he was playing very low levels.

Ship tier IS APL. When the average party level goes up by 1, ship tier does so right away. Whether or not the GM allows you to spend the BPs (whether or not you ever even do does not matter) until you get to a spacedock or something is a different story, but the ship tier has already gone up.

By level 10, to do the exact same action that was DC 12 at Tier 1 (that is to say, LEVEL 1) you now have a DC 30. It does *NOT* matter if you are still in the original 55 point shuttle you guys started with or if you've upgraded the shield generator since then; balancing shields is now DC 30. Trying to hit the retros has also become DC 30. Piloting (unlike all the other skills) can get a small amount of bonuses if you stay small enough and use slow engines but then you'll have BP you can't use at the highest levels because you've already maxed your upgrades due to size limits and mount limits.

Gunnery is significantly better on the NPC side, up to +9 higher than is possible for equal level/tier PCs in one particular case even. Those won't be hitting you about 50% of the time like you can hope to do to them, and yes their hull, defenses and everything are otherwise built the exact same way.
>>
So is tactical Pike the only real weapon for melee fighters at level 1?
>>
>>54996220
Aid Another by NPC crew does not apply to PCs.
>>
>Torn between making an optimized character and making a character who's fun
>>
File: wallhaven-4542.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-4542.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>54996246
What class is best for playing a pilot character?
>>
>>54997003
How does people being creative and creating 1P builds and characters for their games kill PF? Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>54997116
doesn't really matter; no class abilities in the core rule book apply to starships at all.

Just take the pilot theme and put points in pilot to not become incompetent as quickly.
>>
>>54997092
Dueling sword isnt so bad for occasions when you need a free hand to hold a pistol or something.
>>
>>54997116

Technically any class can become a pilot especially with the ace pilot theme.

That said, the Mystic has a connection called Star Shaman that gives you the pilot skill for free on top of some other cool stuff (like being able to walk in vacuum without a suit for a short time).

It's the basis for a character Idea I'm working on for a wondering space trucker who knows kung-fu :D
>>
>>54997092
That seems to be the norm.

I went with a Returning tactical spear for the strength damage ranged attack.
>>
>>54997133
>>54997116
Mechanic has a few tricks that can be used for starship maintenance. It also has Expert Rig for piloting your starship from place to place on whatever planet you're on.
Operative has a single exploit related to piloting.
Star Shaman for Mystics gives you the Pilot skill completely for free.
>>
>>54997116
Star Shaman Mystic
The get +7 to piloting, highest insight bonus possible
>>
>>54997169
>Space unga is best melee build
Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>54997181
Expert Rig has a 5 mile range, and only allows you to access the ship's databases and transponder (its interstellar comm). Miracle Worker does let you repair damage though.

Operative's Uncanny Pilot only applies to vehicles, as retarded as that sounds.

Star Shaman Mystic gets piloting class skill and... arguably that probably does get to stay a class skill for crew actions (fuck that "nothing applies" rule so hard) but that's just "has as class skill", which you can easily get elsewhere
>>
>>54997201
Channel Skill does not apply to crew actions. It only helps with vehicles, just like the operative bonus does not apply to those skill checks either.
>>
>>54997288
No, eventually the Rig gets planetary range and can fly the ship.
>>
>>54997328
Ah, I see.
At level 19.
>>
File: 1310279341810.jpg (91KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1310279341810.jpg
91KB, 447x444px
>Healing junkbot's only useful ability is treat deadly wounds
>Takes 1 mins to complete
>The spell lasts 1 rd/level
So basically by the time it ever becomes useful, if at all is when healing is worthless.
>>
>>54993802
Is the Starfinder General like some kind of Witchfinder General for a sci-fi setting?
>>
>>54997386
yeah
>>
What, in your opinion, is the best Point Buy?

10 PB? 13? 15? More?
>>
File: Spear_of_Awe_Energy.jpg (9KB, 225x197px) Image search: [Google]
Spear_of_Awe_Energy.jpg
9KB, 225x197px
>>54997280
id trade in my space pantaloons for some throwable energy weapons
>>
>>54997522
10 is probably fine, 13 is ok and well 15 for crazy high power.
>>
>>54997594
..... is Adventure Quest still around?
>>
File: 1482960861604.png (1MB, 990x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482960861604.png
1MB, 990x700px
How would you build an Abyss Watcher in Starfinder?

Could totally be canon as a Hellknight Order.
>>
What exactly does radiation sickness do? It doesnt seem to have the mechanical effects clearly pointed out other than "u get radiation sickness"
>>
>>54997636
its still around and playable if you're into micro-transactions
>>
>>54997522
I like 13. 15 is definitely way too high, letting you buy two 18s off the bat from 10 with theme bonus, not even considering racials.
13 means at least one bonus will matter if you want to go all in on two scores, while leaving space for you to bump a penalized score up or set up a more even spread after you take your primary score to 16 or 18.
>>
>>54997594
>>54997636
Goddamn, Adventure Quest?

That takes me back... So wonderfully, entertainingly stupid.

>>54997670
Any more so than they used to have?
>>
File: 1369213965921.gif (101KB, 185x224px) Image search: [Google]
1369213965921.gif
101KB, 185x224px
>>54995428
>allowws you to adopt...other sexual characteristics
>>
>>54997817
Will this become the new night tea?
>>
>>54997116
Yo, I want to snuggle with that pilot.
>>
>>54997735
they started losing people so they started milking their existing player base, surprised they're still around
>>
>>54995428
Why did Paizo add this to the CRB of all things? Who asked for this?
>>
>>54997932
>Who asked for this?

Crystal Frasier, she was behind the change to the Lashunta and I can guarantee she was behind this.
>>
>>54997932
Paizo knows exactly who their playerbase is. Those who think matters of gender should matter to everything, those who think a boy turned into a girl is automatically sexier than a girl who was always one, and those who see a line of peasants as potent ammunition.

With one gift, they shall appease them all.
>>
>>54997977
>With one gift, they shall appease them all.

TWO gifts, anon. Two. You forgot to mention the Serum of Appearance that can turn even the most doughy, flabby homely girl into a busty bombshell.
>>
>>54998002
>Landwhale returns to being ugly 1 day after thanks to 0 discipline that caused them to be a landwhale in the first place
>>
>>54997932
>>54998002
I'm not really bothered by either serum existing, but I don't see why they need to be different items. Just combine them, make sex one more thing it can shuffle, and use the saved word count to actually flesh ideas out more.

But if they were doing everything cleanly and reasonably, it wouldn't be quite the same product.
>>
>>54998053
>but I don't see why they need to be different items

Gosh anon, are you suggesting something as significant, brave and beautiful as altering your sex characteristics should be in the same realm as giving yourself bigger tits? Disgusting!
>>
>>54998024
>Develops a crippling addiction to appearance serums, dependent on the response they bring her but binge eating to get over the guilt of living a lie
>>
>>54997932
>caring about something that takes one one corner of an 800 page book
>>
>>54997957
>the change to the Lashunta
Explain.
>>
>>54998076
Maybe I'm just not degenerate enough to immediately see "enables and validates magical realms" in an item that gives a convenient way to remake your appearance nearly at will. You'd think I'd know better, this being the internet and all, but there you go.
>>
>>54998112
Lashunta is PF had sexually dimorphic stats. This is of course discriminatory, so they made the dimorphism based on LOL!Whatever instead of gender.
>>
>>54998098
>Caring about people caring about this being an item that deserved being in the Core Rule Book.

>>54998112
Crystal Frasier pushed for the Lashunta, a sexually dimorphic race where the men became short and stocky while the women lithe and slender, to do away with that hocus pocus and become a gender-neutral land of equality and freedom (it's still explicitly a Matriarchy, though!)

Nowadays, women can become short and stocky and men can become lithe and slender through "meditation" and "hormone therapy" while those who let nature determine your sub-type are regarded as "regressive" and "fortunately, dying out."

Crystal Frasier was on record praising herself for bringing about this change.
>>
>>54997658

Arcane assault Soldier
>>
>>54998142
>>54998137
That sounds lame.
>>
File: 11250.jpg (68KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
11250.jpg
68KB, 512x512px
So I'm looking for a clarification on some Solarian bits, since the book is ambiguous on whether or not these are the case.

1) When you begin combat and choose your first mode, do you gain your first point and thus are attuned immediately? Demo GM said yes, but the book had been out for all of two days at that point.

2) Can you use Photon revelations while in Graviton mode, and vice versa? The "while attuned" text as well as out-of-combat use lead me to believe yes, but I'd rather be certain.
>>
>>54998166
Crystal Frasier's been behind a lot of the lamer changes to the setting. Honestly, I'd be fine with her peculiarities if she wrote good stuff, but she don't.
>>
>>54993802
My favourite planet is the one where padlocks are less expensive than spacesuits
>>
File: 1281563476146.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1281563476146.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>people actually getting mad at more creative freedom with their characters because it doesn't align with their /pol/ beliefs
>>
>>54998207
The only way I can see this Lashunta change being a good thing is short, busty Lashunta punch-girls and tall, bishie Lashunta men.

Why is Castroval still a Matriarchy if they're gender-neutral?
>>
>>54998142
Wait they actually used those two last terms there?

Fucking hell. That's how the fucking Asgard went extinct
>>
>>54998142
>>54998137
>You likely are a good judge of character and bond deeply with those worthy of your trust
>Other races probably simultaneously admire and resent your natural charm and force of personality
>Telepathic
>Colorful face markings
>"Due to pheremones and lashuntas' almost physical symmetry, most humanoid races find lashuntas of both subspecies subconsciously (and sometimes unnervingly) attractive"
>"most other races respect them or consider them allies"
>basically space elves
I can tell this is a woman's work, yes.
>>
>>54998228

The same way Pol believes there are no white males in setting.
>>
File: look at this faggot right here.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
look at this faggot right here.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>54998207
>people actually thinking that people are getting mad because of /pol/ instead of being mad that a genuinely interesting piece of lore was replaced with trite nothingness so Crystal can get more LGBTQA points
>>
>>54998228
They aren't gender neutral. They are still male and female. I don't know where you read that they are because in my pdf I still blatantly see them reffered to as men and women.
The subspecies arent gender exclusive anymore. That's it. Men can become Damaya and women can be Korasha but they are still men and women.
>>
>>54998231
>Natural Lashunta biologist trying to prepare for the inevitable future decline of his race due to societal pressures having begun to irreparably damage the species evolution and genetic stability

Anon you just gave me a character idea.
>>
>>54998252
The only white males in the setting are shown as enemies, 90% of the humanoid enemies in artwork are white men.
>>
File: Exo.png (731KB, 959x540px) Image search: [Google]
Exo.png
731KB, 959x540px
>androids
I'm not being Lisa Frank Tattoo Man, fuck you. Pretend I tore my skin off because humans are dicks or something I don't know.
>>
>>54998265
... I'm saying that Lashunta are "egalitarian" and are all enlightened and about equality.

So why are they still explicitly Matriarchal? Where's the equality movement for Lashunta men to be leaders?
>>
>>54998303
That would be sexist, anon.
>>
>>54998303
Don't you know? Equality means women in charge.
>>
>>54998303
"Traditionally" female damayas. Not exclusively. Make a male damaya leader in your setting, it's not lore breaking.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 902x625px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 902x625px
>>54998282
>90% of the humanoid enemies in artwork are white men.

That's silly! Just look at all the women and PoC the Iconics are fighting in this scene.
>>
>>54998329
>mfw there's probably someone screaming "how dare you assume their gender" on the forums already
>>
>>54998303
Arguably most of the same reasons the US can have female presidents but does not would apply here, but tack on centuries of prejudice and invisible social pressures.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (271KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
271KB, 1280x720px
>>54998329
Or, hey! This scene! First book of the first AP!
>>
>>54998350
so basically an 'egalitarian' society where the women are screaming on tv and in the senate about how allowing any kind of man in charge will destroy the country outright
>>
>>54998397
But that doesn't happen in Castroval! It's a perfect, egalitarian society where the men just submit to tradition!
>>
>>54998406
>Castroval
Aight, I keep seeing this, it's time to stop.
The planet is Castrovel.
>>
>>54998406
Man, these waffleings are so good, it's like they come from down south.
>>
Since sex and gender is apparently the topic of the moment, how do you tell Shirren sexes apart? Can you? And what's going on with their mouths anyway? If it's just that little bit on their face, are all the other teeth just aesthetic little neck spikes just because?
>>
Would ysoki be a better race if instead of being restricted to rodents, you can choose any sort of petting zoo animal to play as?
>>
>>54998463
Ysokai should have never existed in the first place, they are squatting in the way of better concepts that could have filled that Core Race slot.
>>
>>54998451
It doesn't say. Especially confusing since there are 3 sexes for Shirren
>>
>>54998463
No. Fuck off, furfag.
>>
>>54998451
>how do you tell Shirren sexes apart?

Oh, it's super easy to tell Shirren apart, you just gotta notice the different mandibles and stuff.

Now, Kasatha? Those motherfuckers are downright impossible to tell which are the boys and which are the girls. I mean, it's not like one of them tend to have four breasts.
>>
>>54998451
Male, female, and hossst ssshiren look completely different, you red-blooded cock sssucker.
>>
File: Sgt-frog.jpg (59KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt-frog.jpg
59KB, 600x350px
>>54998477
My frog ysoki would be baller tho.
>>
>>54998451
>Since sex and gender is apparently the topic of the moment, how do you tell Shirren sexes apart?
Why would you bother? Organics bleed regardless of gender, that's all you need to remember.
>>
>>54998472
Waiting...
>>
>>54998517
Wide hipped kobold grills wearing skintight space suits.
>>
>>54998506
There's a "bio" in "biomechanical" for a reason.
>>
>>54998517
Waiting for what? A better race?
>>
>>54998181
>ation on some Solarian bits, since the book is ambiguous on whether or not these are the case.
> 1) When you begin combat and choose your first mode, do you gain your first point and thus are attuned immediately? Demo GM said yes, but the book had been out for all of two days at that point.
> 2) Can you use Photon revelations while in Graviton mode, and vice versa? The "while attuned" text as well as out-of-combat use lead me to believe yes, but I'd rather be certain.
>>>
>Anonymous 08/21/17(Mon)22:54:25 No.54998187 â–¶

You get you first point whenever you select a mode, it's in a text box.

2 yes, you can use them whenever, just they get a bonus like increased duration when you use them while attuned to that mode.
>>
>>54998517
What about those humanoid dudes on Verces? The ones noted as being expert pilots and master craftsmen?
>>
>>54998517
Any alien that isnt based on an earth animal
>>
What's the best class for a Trox character?
>>
>>54998586
this.
>>
>>54998586
But anon, Rocket Raccoon is all the rage!
>>
>>54998532
That is an unfortunate relic of slavery to the filthy fleshbags and we are working on removing the last few weaknesses beset upon us as we speak.
>>
File: what does it look like.png (58KB, 362x153px) Image search: [Google]
what does it look like.png
58KB, 362x153px
What would this look like? I can kind of imagine it, just banded armor but glowing?
>>
>>54998474
really feels like they were stretching to make that third gender with the whole egg-host somehow "being the true parent", and it doesn't quite feel appropriate when you then lug the larvae around with you outside anyways.

It would have made more sense if 'host' (aka sci-fi horror victim) was something that had been technologically replaced as the species entered the galactic stage and was able to produce incubators as they have.
>>
>>54998813
>Jaffa or Chestbuster-victims replaced by early-education-jars
>mfw no child left behind
>>
>>54998783
Yup, that's how I'm seeing it too. Glowing shiny banded Mail.
>>
>>54998253
is Crystal Frasier the one that's actually just a man in drag?
>>
>>54998783
LOL no. It's Lashunta (who are totally NOT space elves) so it looks elegant and awesome and anime as fuck with sexy forcefields, artfully placed metal bits and shit. /vomit
>>
File: banded.png (729KB, 824x783px) Image search: [Google]
banded.png
729KB, 824x783px
>>54998877
>>54998859
Can you show me a picture of what you think?

I'm leaning toward this, but it's not in anyway pretty.
>>
>>54998936
Probably more like mass effect's tech armor.
>>
File: this.jpg (119KB, 564x1665px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
119KB, 564x1665px
What about this?
>>
File: RdoVRWyX.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
RdoVRWyX.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>54998876
yes
>>
>>54999024
Put that behind a spoiler next time, anon, some of us are eating.
>>
>>54999062
I want nu-/tg/ to leave.
>>
>>54998381
Is the point that they're fighting clones, or have the PF artists just gotten so fucking lazy that they don't think anybody noticed it's the same damn guy four times?
>>
>>54999285
All white men look the same you hateful shittard.
>>
>>54999285
Actual spoilers for Dead Suns 1: they're gang members and that's why they have matching getups and tats
>>
>>54999327
Nice spoiler tags nerd
>>
File: 56517864_p0.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56517864_p0.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>54999337
I fixed it! I'm soooorry!
Have some Space Dandy as compensation.
>>
>>54997044
I could either believe that my bro lied or believe that some retard on 4chan who's never even played a traditional game is repeating a meme. Guess which one I choose to believe.
>>
>>54999361
Is... is reading the book and confirming the truth not an option?
>>
Could someone with the core PDF straight from the Paizo site tell me how the bookmarks are in it? I don't like the ones in the leaked PDFs and money isn't an issue, but I'd be upset to pay and just find out it's the same shit.
>>
>>54999376
Anon, if you are the faggot the other poster is replying to, you are the one who should read the book again, especially the part when the DM get to decide the ship level based on his wants, with the party level serving only as a guide.

You must also be the same faggot who think he can blackmail and whine the DM for more loot if his character get less overall loot than the WBL table.
>>
>>54999335
Previous pathfinder artists, wishing to be lazy, would use 'they're all in a gang' to draw people with concealing apparel, rather then just declare that apparently they're all straight-edge. And like goggles. And are brothers.
>>
File: file.png (135KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
135KB, 289x289px
>>54999411
I'm not that guy and I don't know why you thought I'd be, I'm just baffled why the response here was confrontation instead of confirmation.

Also while I do think that a GM can, and should make houserules and adjustments as a game needs, I'm pretty sure the section you mentioned doesn't actually exist and that the default rule is as "the faggot" described. Tell me where to look and I'll believe it though.
>>
File: 3.png (75KB, 330x193px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
75KB, 330x193px
>>54999487
this is how I'm running it on my game, got the player's ship tier on their APL, probably gonna eyeball it later on as they level up and get upgrades, so the DC doesn't get too crazy.
>>
>>54999487
>>54999551
I'm confused aren't these two the same thing?
>>
>>54999487
>>54999551
Both of these are saying 'APL is Tier', not 'APL should be the maximum tier"
>>
File: NkyaWA4.png (911KB, 792x803px) Image search: [Google]
NkyaWA4.png
911KB, 792x803px
>>54998783
Probably like this.
Source: CRB
>>
>>54999777
No those are space druids
>>
>>54999487
It's a pity Paizo didn't steal bounded accuracy. They stole 3e for Pathfinder, and then they stole a bunch of 4e mechanics and turned them into Pathfinder feats, they could just as easily have stolen something from 5e and not created a system with such bizarre scaling.
>>
>>54999805
People hate bounded accuracy. More here than in other woods.

I fucking love it.
>>
>>54999818
>People hate bounded accuracy.

Who? Why?
>>
File: designingstarshipencounters.jpg (307KB, 984x610px) Image search: [Google]
designingstarshipencounters.jpg
307KB, 984x610px
>>54999487

I can't find a hard rule, but this at least hints at the possibility of tier and apl differing.
>>
>>54999885
I honestly feel, the way 5e did it is just too low for a d20, but that's not a big problem and the streamlining is nice.

It could possibly fit a sci-fi game better though.
>>
>>54999900
Tier still changes, you just didn't have the time to use your new BP yet.
>>
>>54999818
>>54999805
Bounded accuracy is a poison to the idea that you can expand a game past a certain level. I much prefer the ability to expand my game past 20th level if I and my players desire the opportunity.

While /pfg/ claims "games only go to X level" that is anecdotal evidence and explicitly not true for all games.
>>
>>54999947
Except you can also be in a ship that's better than your APL. The only way to do that while keeping your tier = apl would be to spend more BP than your tier allows, which is just breaking another rule.
>>
>>54999979
You dont have to serve all possible customers
>>
What's the sci-fi / fantasy ratio of this game? I love the lizard and bug people but I really don't like super soft scifi space fantasy.
>>
>>55000047
That's true. Bounded accuracy doesn't serve more people than it does serve.
>>
>>55000048
"Soft sci-fi" doesn't do it justice, more like gooey.
>>
Rate my campaign pitch, /sfg/. I tried to design it to be new player friendly.

>Akiton is a sparsely populated and dying world, but it's the only home you've ever known. You live/find yourself in a small frontier colony where nothing exciting ever happens, out of the way of the big corporation scams and gang wars, it's a relatively peaceful life, where you've been free to dream of better things.

>One night, a streak of light pierces the night sky, and a thundering crash comes from the desert outside of town. Going to investigate, you come across the crash site of a light starship, its crew missing, activating the computers reveals a message from what you assume is the ship's captain, and the sound of combat in the background.

>"We screwed up," his message says, "We can't let our cargo fall into the wrong hands. Whoever finds this ship, please, there's a station located in deep space. The coordinates are on the box. You'll know it when you see it. Lives are at stake. Don't trust the Stewards. Don't trust the corporations. It's only a matter of time until they find this ship. Please!" An explosion rocks the feed, and the message ends.

>Going to the cargo hold, the area is empty, save for a large, conspicious box, fastened securely into place and relatively unscathed, given the condition of the rest of the ship. Inside the box is [REDACTED/MACGUFFIN] (maybe an Android or something, could have it be a PC maybe???).

>So now you have a situation on your hands. Leaving the ship here would spell trouble for your little town. So, with a new crew from a small town thrown together, you repair the ship and take it out into the universe, intent on delivering it to its destination and out onto adventure.
>>
>>55000047
>I'm going to drive away the people I already have in an attempt to grab people I don't have
>>
>>55000141
Worked great for 4e, right?
>>
>>55000141
Yeah it is called "getting new customers"
>>
>>55000237
Yeah, because fuck the people we have, they fucking SUCK, we need NEW people.
>>
>>55000189
I liked 4e, though. Particularly for how many sacred cows it killed, like spell slots and wands of "guess we're all immortal now".
>>
>>55000141
>>55000189
I'd just like to point out that this particular idea actually worked out for 5e.
>>
>>55000248
I unironically agree.
>>
>>55000252
You didn't need the wands because you were all essentially immortal anyways in 4e. 5e is just as bad.
>>
>>55000048
there is magic and wizards
>>
>>55000269
>You didn't need the wands because you were all essentially immortal anyways in 4e

After level 26-ish, when you got your epic immortal powers that let you just wander back from hell or have your future self save you, or have someone take up your mantle, maybe.

Otherwise, it's far more lethal than (non-low level) PF and 5e.
>>
>>54999900
That actually only implies that sometimes (such as while hijacking NPCs temporarily), the GM will have to account for the difference in ship tiers when designing encounters.

This is a rather troubling guideline, as it's basically saying "if they're escaping in a Tier 10 transport that isn't yours, don't forget the encounters should be based on that instead of their usual level for a bit"

Which will make any enemy-tier-based DCs impossible
>>
Anyone have the link to where a dev said Ghost spec wasn't supposed to have the +4 to trick Attack?
>>
>>54996941
Thanks Grimsby
>>
>>54999900
I'm the 'faggot' you were speaking of earlier. You can't find a hard rule on that because a hard rule on that would have been sorta reasonable and made the game smoother.

You didn't think I was describing how things *should* be rather than how stupid they actually are, did you? The entire starships chapter was a bolted-on afterthought most likely written by some caged intern that never sees the light of day. Why else would there be practically no interaction at all between anything other than skill-ranks and the entire ship system? Why else would virtually every single roll in crew actions be based on your ship's *tier* or sometimes just enemy tier, and not on things that actually make sense?

We can houserule as we need - hell I've rewritten the majority of the ship chapter here in one night of rage, (beta version coming when I get rid of this cold) and it should never have been that quick or easy to do so - but houseruling is cough-syrup: It makes you feel better and can let you function for the evening which is good, but it has in no way cured the illness. The terribly written, idiotic rules and numbers they've crunched in are still there in reality.
>>
>>55000688
>Why else would there be practically no interaction at all between anything other than skill-ranks and the entire ship system?
That is actually on purpose so player don't have to spend resources the are meant for making their character better on making them more functional on ships and so that all character could function relatively similarly well on ships. It was... handled clumsily.
>Why else would virtually every single roll in crew actions be based on your ship's *tier* or sometimes just enemy tier, and not on things that actually make sense?
Now here is where it gets problematic. On a reddit AMA one of the designers said that the worst part of making this book was the deadline. They didn't name a particular system but they said there were some things that should have been torn apart and rebuild from scratch that they weren't allowed to fix because it had to be ready in time to sell at GenCon.
>>
>>54993802
It's the Cheatsheet of equal value than the GM screen? If not, anyone have the PDF for it?
>>
File: file.png (377KB, 695x929px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
377KB, 695x929px
>>55000761
The cheatsheet isn't a good reference like a screen presumably is, it's just a fast guide to the differences between Pathfinder and Starfinder's core mechanics.
>>
>>55000759
In fairness they had a couple of years to write out the system. If that is what they had upon reaching deadline for starships, they clearly never bothered with it beyond an early alpha let alone playtested any of it properly.
>>
File: 1503279470780.jpg (80KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503279470780.jpg
80KB, 1024x640px
jesus fucking christ
what is the reputation of the mythweavers community?
i have people in this group that want to have a mute mechanic as the party face.
>>
>>55000773
>holding a weapon in two hands is a swift action

wow, don't want those soldiers getting crazy there.
>>
>>55000844
For what it's worth, it's a different ruleset and the decision makes a lot of sense in context of the game.
>>
>>55000822
in my experience?
"but you can't talk and didn't even put any points in bluff, sense motive or diplomacy" will have you called ablist.
>>
>>55000822
I'm actually really curious about how that'll play out.
>>
>>55000885
But isn't trivializing the downsides of a handicap ableist?

Just trying to get into the mental gymnastics of the subject.
>>
>>55000935
To me it is, far more than someone being truthful about my limitations, but what would *I* know missing any leg
>>
>>55000895
The character concept is an interesting one, but I'm not sure he can make it good enough for full Face duties.
>>
>>55000935
Trivializing the downsides is something that insurance companies in a few countries have been quietly supporting. If everyone agrees your life is completely unaffected by a handicap, there's no reason for accommodations at work let alone some assisted-living payments every month.
>>
>>55000885
>>55000885
jesus titty fucking christ
THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING GAME IS TO BE A HERO. THE ENTIRE POINT IS THE BE THE MOST ABLIST SHITLORD YOU CAN BE
>>
File: synergy_by_brobossa.jpg (475KB, 650x919px) Image search: [Google]
synergy_by_brobossa.jpg
475KB, 650x919px
Where do you nerds get character art from?
My usual sources are so terrible for finding vaguely sci-fi themed stuff that I actually ended up touching DeviantArt.
Scoured like 100 pages of search and only got one file I ended up saving, pic related.
>>
>>55001025
artstation
>>
>>55000884
Point is that he can't do "cool" shit like pull out a grenade and throw it and then put his hands back on the gun.

Though, I guess I'll have to read to full thing to see maybe you have some workaround around that or something.
>>
>>55001068
Quick Draw feat.
Swift to change grip, standard to grenade, move-to-swift to return to normal grip.

Not flashy but it works.
>>
File: gary-sanchez-02b.jpg (76KB, 1920x864px) Image search: [Google]
gary-sanchez-02b.jpg
76KB, 1920x864px
>>55000962
SJWism is easily coopted by corporations, since SJWism is basically trying to justify power plays, not on some kind of principle, but exclusively by how much bullshit you can get away with through sophistry. and that is basically what coorporations do as their standard MO
>>
>>55001068
You can take a hand off the gun as a swift, draw your grenade as part your move action while repositioning, then throw it on your standard and wield the gun again next turn on your swift. Full attacks are a tactical option now instead of an integral part of your damage progression so it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as you think to pass up on it. Makes movement in combat much more viable, alongside other things.

If you have quick draw then you can draw the grenade as part of the same action as throwing it for whatever you wanted to do that.
>>
>>55000884
It does put a little more weight on onehanded weapons. Using a pistol to have a hand free, using a pistol and melee to have both options available without having to spend actions.
>>
>>55001091
I guess that works.

Serious question, do the casty classes have to deal with handedness stuff? I always considered consumables to be the non-casty equivalent of spells.
>>
>>55000992
Pretty much.
>>
>>55001115
Yeah, dual-wielding is in the shitter but sacrificing some damage for better action economy with one-handed weapons seems like a worthwhile strategy. Even if you're not opting to hold a gun in your off-hand, you're looking at 63 average dice damage on the dimension slice longsword to 66 on two-handing the dimensional slice curve blade. That's nothing.
>>
>>55001112
I guess it's just that I don't see the point. As you say, if you move it really doesn't matter cause you'll be only doing 1 attack.

If you don't, I don't see why you need to limit full attack (beyond the limits/drawbacks it already has) further by making you unable to mix two handed weapons with anything else.

Unless two handed weapons are just That Good (tm) which I guess would be in line with PF.
>>
>>55001095
Agreed. It's pretty obvious when you look at the whole picture just whom is benefiting from these movements.
>>
>>55001154
Two-handing was always the best martial option in Pathfinder by far, bows and greatswords. It's the best way to deal damage in Starfinder, there's just a real consideration now on whether or not the small loss of economy is worth the small gain in damage.

People've been focused a lot on the ship problems but the balance and flow of traditional combat is pretty fucking great with all the changes they've made.
>>
>>55001227
>Two-handing was always the best martial option in Pathfinder by far, bows and greatswords

I know, that's why I said it'd be in line with PF.

>he balance and flow of traditional combat is pretty fucking great

I mean, it's probably good for balance, but I feel needing a swift for small actions like that (caring about small actions like that at all) is kinda flow breaking. That's sorta my problem with it.

It's a minor nitpick, I'll readily admit.
>>
>>55001278
Well at least right now, there's a lot less swift actions in Starfinder isn't there?

It'll cause an issue if someone just tries to drop PoW into it wholesale, but as-is, I don't know if it's actually that much of a problem, is it?
>>
>>55001318
I mean, that's sorta the point, if there aren't that many, why bother having a sink for them built into the core system?

Do the weapon using classes even use swift actions often?
>>
File: 64174045_p0.jpg (1MB, 2362x1181px) Image search: [Google]
64174045_p0.jpg
1MB, 2362x1181px
It is a fact that I will never get to use this art, but it seems far too useful to quietly tuck away in my folders so I'm posting it here.
>>
>>55001342
The difference is small but it's relevant. The change does improve balance a small amount by limiting full attacks a little bit, so that someone wielding a one-handed weapon can go straight back into full attacking while someone two-handing has to wait, and the small impact it has on action economy does mean you have to think more.

For example, dropping prone has also become a swift action but it's actually a viable combat tactic now. Attack bonuses and AC bonuses are both more rare, and ranged combat has a larger focus. Since you don't have to be standing to use the primary ranged weapon in this system, you can gain an up on a fire fight by choosing to drop prone.

Quick draw has also become a swift action outside of being made as part of attacks with thrown weapons. With all this in mind, you can visualize the impact the economy will have on play.

If all those were free, you could just sheath your two-handed sword as a move, draw your two-handed gun, drop prone and fire a shot. Maybe drop the sword as a rare free action instead to full attack.

As a bunch of swifts, keeping in mind that moves and standards can both replace swifts, you'd need to stow as a move, draw as a swift, then either replace your standard with a swift to drop, or take a single shot and delay your drop to the next round, thus delaying following full attacks even to the round after that.

The limitations here increase the amount of options you have to consider on your build and actions without creating traps or unbalancing things. It's all in the small interactions, and they can balance future content with the swift action economy in mind.
>>
>>55001459
>If all those were free, you could just sheath your two-handed sword as a move, draw your two-handed gun, drop prone and fire a shot. Maybe drop the sword as a rare free action instead to full attack.

I think that's pretty cool though. Very dynamic, and you already paid the opportunity cost by either spending feats on both type of weapons (considering as far as I can tell, starfinder still uses filler feats, this is a non-negligible cost), or taking the hit to efficiency in exchange for the tactical advantage.

I mean, this is exactly the action movie kind of stuff I want. It also comes with its own drawbacks, since being on the ground is still vulnerable to melee, which would be the range you are at if you had to drop a sword.
>>
>>55001566
Feat tax is basically dead. Everyone gets the primary damage feat for free at 3 for their class weapon proficiencies and nothing is integral after that. You can afford to burn every feat on fun stuff since the best feat you don't get for free is weapon focus or proficiencies.
>>
>>55001613
Huh. Okay, that's good to know.

Man, the chances of Starfinder being a respectable system are climbing higher and higher. Sounds like you'd rather run PF with this instead of PF.
>>
File: alien11.jpg (113KB, 612x1152px) Image search: [Google]
alien11.jpg
113KB, 612x1152px
>>55001025
Pinterest.
>>
>>55001056
>>55001025
yea, Artstation is the new hotness
>>
>operative gets faster progression with computers and engineering than mechanics
That seems kind of fucked up.
>>
File: 1462760612275.jpg (1MB, 1024x926px) Image search: [Google]
1462760612275.jpg
1MB, 1024x926px
>>55000134
It could also all be a test as recruitment- the box is actually empty. Have Schrodinger plot where:
1) If they keep the box closed they proved their trustworthiness, and are sent on black ops missions or some such.
2) If they open the box, they prove their eternal curiosity in the face of the unknown and danger, and are sent on deep space exploration.
3) If they abandon the box,taking instead the ship for fun/profit, they prove their shrewdness and risk management, and are brought into the fold of a corporation for corporation shenanigans.
>>
Are there colonies out there or does everyone from golarian now just live on that shitty space station, the asteroid belt and elfplanet?
>>
>>55002939
Anon....,
The setting is designed so you can make your own planet, with cities full of hookers, wine and song.
>>
>>54993802
I like the new combat math since it means everyone attacks hit far more often.
>>
>>55002939
yeah

elves live on the lashunta planet now for example
>>
>>55002967
You better make it cosmopolitan and full of colored people*, though, otherwise you're going against the core values of the company and the setting.

*White people exist as either enemies (white men) or love interests, slaves and spunky heroines (white women.)
>>
>>55002997
>elves live on the lashunta planet now for example

Elves have always lived on Castrovel, that was their homeland. Kyonin on Golarion was never anything more than an upstart colony founded by people the Sovyrian Elves wanted to get rid of.
>>
>>55003001
Go back to your safespace with your agenda.
>>
>>55003024
Is he invading YOUR safe space with his agenda anon? :^)
>>
>>55003045
>inb4 some half-assed comment about being utterly apathetic towards anything political or societal
>>
>>55003045
No, he's just taking his out of his own.
>>
>>55003012
Kyonin is literally the Elven equivalent of Australia.
>>
>>54995428
>no effect if unwilling
Guess Paizo finally realised the unfortunate implications of a no-saving-throw sex change that you could be deceived into taking.

Unfortunately, unconscious counts as willing.
>>
Culture is by default political.
>>
So, what's the main draw of Starfinder vs the half dozen other sci-fi rpgs out there?

It's just the pathfinder setting in space yeah?
>>
>>55003144
When presented with a weak horse and a strong horse, a child will always choose the strong horse.

Western culture as we knew it is dying out because Western culture is weak. Let it die whimpering in the alleyway and embrace Globalism.
>>
>>55003160
I ain't got no interest in your ironic shitpost baits
>>
So I just read through this book and I'm already full steam ahead for abandoning the setting in its entirety. "Space elves but also asari", "our orcs are lizardmen", etc is boring as hell and the whole pact worlds thing and the connection to PF's Golarion bores the ever-loving shit out of me.
>>
>>55002939
there are colonies- half-orcs, for instance, often join first-wave colonists to deal with all the heavy dangerous shit.

there were still people living on golarion too, when it disappeared, which is why torag stayed behind to protect it. but yeah, a lot of people are colonizing other planets, there just isn't a "Golarion 2"
>>
>>55003363
k
>>
>>54998539
Thanks anon, kinda just needed another pair of eyes.
>>
>>55000773

What book is this from? I cant find it in the core rulebook
>>
>>54995245
Not only that, but vesk stat bonuses are better for combat as well
+2str: hit things harder and more often in melee, carry more things, heavy armor isnt that much of a burden (on top of being better with it)
Sure, 1 less skill point and less perception hurts, but combat wise a vesk fares better, and soldier doesnt get perception as a skill class either for some unholy reason so it's already bad in that regard
>>
File: 1447208431998.png (6KB, 358x235px) Image search: [Google]
1447208431998.png
6KB, 358x235px
>Kasatha have four tits
>And probably two dicks
>Same with the Vesk
>Androids got them special enhancements
>Lashunta are beautiful and latently psychic, literal mindfucks
>Shirren got those weird insect bits

How can Human Bois even compete?
>>
>>55003785
only humans can go more than once after they're done the reproductive act.
>>
>>55003666

Anyone? What book os the quick reference page, and the pages that it is refering to, from?
>>
>>55003814
>Implying
>>
>>55003666
>>55003823
It's not in the book, it's a single page Paizo released on their website, which is linked in the very first post of the damn thread.
>>
>>55003785

Kasatha don't have tits, the artist fucked up.
>>
>>55003849

Oh i see. I couldn't find the info i was looking for on the page that the sheet referenced, i was afraid there was another book or something. But i found it, thanks for the advice pal
>>
>>55003957
>the artist fucked up.

The artist fucked up... In the Core Rulebook? I'm sorry man, they've got four tits.
>>
>>55004112
it would not be the first thing they fuck up in the core rulebook, anon.
>>
>>55004112
Dude, have you seen the Ysoki's comically large heads in the CRB? Starfinder has good-to-okay art for the most part but some pictures are legit just bad, I can buy one of the artists not getting the fucking memo when it comes to the Kasatha.
>>
>>55003957
looks like 4 tits to me, anon.
>>
>>55004264
yeah whoever the artist for the ysoki was, needs to be fucking shot.
>>
>>55004289
>>55004264
The Ysoki shouldn't exist in the first place.
>>
>>55003151
They have standard fantasy races and Eldar with 4 arms!
>>
>>55004471
i turned them into otters in my headcanon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyhWHoh1JA
>>
>>55004716
rapist necrophiliacs?
>>
File: SF DC Scaling.png (13KB, 319x391px) Image search: [Google]
SF DC Scaling.png
13KB, 319x391px
Since there's been so much talk about how the multiplicative scaling DCs make starships impossible as you level up, I threw together a quick table to check how they scale for normal skills. I put in DC based on 10+Skill mod too, but it's just based on ranks here; since they might vary so much, it isn't accounting for class skill bonus, ability modifier, etc.

How quickly can PC skill totals scale compared to these?
>>
File: SF DC Scaling 2.png (7KB, 161x391px) Image search: [Google]
SF DC Scaling 2.png
7KB, 161x391px
>>55004856
And since most things just use 15+1.5*CR, this is the same thing with the less common ones cut out.
>>
>>55004856
20 ranks, + 3 class skill, + stat, and anywhere from +3 to +7 insight depending on if you only have skill focus or if you have a class ability that grows higher (they're both insight bonuses now).

I believe you can get a +2 from certain races or the such as well.
>>
>>55004986
So before items, feats, and teamwork, we're looking at an absolute maximum check of 39 - +3 class skill, +7 class ability, +9 stat mod if you start at 18 and improve it at every opportunity. Maybe +41 with racial. For the specialist, then, 15+1.5 seems perfectly doable at 1 and 20, though I'd have to do a lot more checking to see how it goes in between.

Just glancing over the classes again for their bonuses, Soldier is fucked; Solarian is stuck at +1d6 which starts strong but gets worse for lack of improvement; Mechanic, Operative, and Technomancer get up to +6. Mystic alone gets +7, and Envoy gets the slightly swingy but decent 1d8+4.

Not looking great for the non-specialist at a glance, but I've never looked into PF's skill crunching enough to say exactly how it compares.
>>
>>55005162
Maximum check bonus, rather. There's still the d20 roll.
>>
Ysoki from the dying world of Akiton. Sounds like a good world for a more gritty session. Sand everywhere, no hope to be found. Cities falling apart and struggling to keep the economy up.
>>
>>55005210
>Biker Mice from Mars
>>
File: aseaha.png (153KB, 283x284px) Image search: [Google]
aseaha.png
153KB, 283x284px
>>54994648
We know space liches will be a thing
>>
>>55005245
>>54994648
Dead Suns includes two undead templates for people who want to play Space Zombies.
>>
>>55000611
Just imagine
>>
>>55003132
Mass production sort of puts an end to the cursed aspects, though. It is now a spy and fetish tool with prank applications.
>>
>>54995428
WE TiTS NOW
>>
File: 3ceddc111658f9f305c0ff706e4b85d0.jpg (431KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
3ceddc111658f9f305c0ff706e4b85d0.jpg
431KB, 800x1120px
>>55004856
>>55004946
>>55004986

Please remember that monsters use 4 + 1.5 times their CR for "good" skills and 9 + 1.5 times their CR for "master" skills, and that Perception is almost always a "good" or "master" skill.

If you are not a Stealth-focused operative or someone with access to invisibility-like effects, you might as well not bother with trying to sneak past enemies.
>>
File: outgoing.jpg (197KB, 692x746px) Image search: [Google]
outgoing.jpg
197KB, 692x746px
>>55005348
>prank applications

Y-Yeah, imagine taking the Serum and turning into a r63 version of yourself, then going to your favorite bar and picking up your best friend for a night of raw sex.

Haha, that would be funny. Imagine the look on his face the next day. Haha. You'd be all done up in make-up and have to put on a dress that hugs your newfound curves, and you'd be on sucking dick like some gay. Haha.
>>
>>55005162
That included feats.

There are +2s to certain specific skills from certain specific cyber-implants but that's about it.

There's also the fact that we're talking about serious specialization here. This is for skills that get all their ranks - no dilettente stuff anymore - backed by your highest ability-score, AND a feat or one of the (generally two) skills covered by a class ability if you have it.
>>
>>55004856
I already posted a math fix for starship DC's multiple times.
Original, paizo math: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10F-R-yGim9_DYfxpjKCmwf1tD7EikKyCtekRtZ5ezhc/edit?usp=sharing
My math alteration suggestion: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GsIX_efmjsPa0zXH93Gt_pG38S50iLUvhJMsHJOr0Hg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55003151
Not "just" but otherwise kinda.

StarFinder is more "comic book space" than even Star Frontiers or TSR's Buck Rogers were, with PC plot immunity being very strong due to typical D&D hit point climb, and crazy hero tropes well supported.

It literally does nothing else in a standout fashion compared to the other space-centric SFRPGs.
>>
>>55005463
I still can't accept that it's all based on ship tier.
>>
>>55005463
That's good to have, but not what I was looking for. Though looking back, I realize I did not word that well at all; I was looking at normal skill DCs, not starship DCs. Thanks anyway.

>>55005380
>>55005437
These things are why I threw this up there anyway; I only looked through the actual Skills chapter, but I knew I'd read about monsters and their special scaling, and probably missed some other things.
>>
>>55005399
On the other hand, there would be little excuse for being bad at partner pleasing. Spending a weekend as the opposite gender could work wonders for knowing what to do.
>>
>>55005587
This is why those who worship Arshea make the best lovers.
>>
New thread

>>55005632
>>55005632
>>55005632
>>55005632
>>55005632
>>
>>55005638
>PAGE FOUR
>>
>>55005638
Do you just want to live in a world where every /tg/ thread starts with a barely relevant animu waifu?
>>
>>55005650
THIS very thread was made before the bump limit of the last thread, says so right here >>54995439
>>
>>55005690
It was made in response to another, shittier thread that was made and posted even earlier, shitlord.
>>
>>55003151
What other sci-fi settings with rpgs? Only one I can think of is Star Wars
>>
>>55006271
That other shittier thread was made in response to a faggot saying he'd make a thread at 300.

Thread wars are an arms race where retards fire on each other and the rest of us suffer the consequences.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.