[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ You broke it!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 75

File: ZZ6947DE97.jpg (737KB, 4000x1972px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ6947DE97.jpg
737KB, 4000x1972px
Previous Thread: >>>>54940166
Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
>>54954073
Do storm trooper commit rapes?
>>
What's your favorite post-Disney ship?

Rogue One and Rebels and other stuff counts, as do old ships that just got new designs (eg Hammerhead)
>>
>>54954424
Depends on how many australians are in the unit
>>
>>54954073
So Gencon's X-wing tournament has an hour left until they go cut to Single Elimination.

It's fucking Nym-Central down there from what it looks like. Nym V Nym, or at least 1 nym per side.
>>
>>54954073
>still didn't remove the FFGRPG mega link
Jesus, man.
>>
File: swl01_photo_walker.jpg (79KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_photo_walker.jpg
79KB, 700x467px
So what's your opinion on the Legion? Do you think it would be worth dropping games like Destiny or 40k for it?

also how the fuck x-wing doesn't have its own general at this point? It's one of the most popular games right now, isn't it?
>>
>>54955318
I thought someone replaced the link there to something with working files?
>>
>>54955362
>Do you think it would be worth dropping games like Destiny or 40k for it?
Not until it gets built up
Don't make the Runewars mistake
>>
>>54955362
Legion looks pretty good. I'll probably get it when it comes out, but it depends on some of the mechanics- I want to run some sort of elite infantry, and I don't know if stormtroopers are elite-enough for me. I might wait for Deathtroopers or the like.

There just aren't that mayn /tg/ discussions on it.
>>
>>54955362
I'm down for completely dropping 40k for it.
With how streamlined the actual gameplay it, what with FF's love of unique dice, unit cards, and having to only move the squad leader, I can probably get in a few games of this in the time it would take to play a single 40k game.
>>
File: i will not be your father.jpg (224KB, 988x741px) Image search: [Google]
i will not be your father.jpg
224KB, 988x741px
>>54954898
Jez, we're not WW2 Russians

>>54955318
I did, remove it, then put in a working one I had
>>
>>54954073
Wtf is that ship in the OP?
I want it!
>>
Will you be able to use Imperial Assault miniatures in Legion?
>>
>>54955594
theres a 5mm size difference, you make the call
>>
>>54954524
U-wing actually looks dope af
Really wish it was better in X-Wing
>>
>>54955362
After hearing that it's rubbery IA plastic and not hard plastic I'm skeptical.
>>
>>54955631
Fuck. It seems like a wasted opportunity considering how many cool minis there are in Imperial Assault. If they build this game up decently at least it shouldn't be an issue. Now all we need are some Hutt Cartel mercenaries.
>>
>>54955672
I would have been fine with it if they upgraded the model and plastic quality, but from what I hear, it's the same low quality BS they used on the IA minis. If that's true, why the fuck did they create a size difference?
>>
>>54955668
>rubbery IA plastic
The IA minis are the worst models I ever had. These gaps, Jesus. That was the first time I actually had to use liquid greenstuff
>>
>>54954524
>>54955641

I fucking love the U-Wing so much
They did a great job of making it feel fitting with the other Civil War stuff.

I wish it didnt suck shit so hard in X-Wing.
>>
>>54955672
It's a tough deal since even if the minis were compatible there's still the issue of the cards.

>>54955362
I'm not a wargamer so I wouldn't consider my input to be that important. I was really hoping for a large scale ground combat game though, with AT-ATs and individual infantry units being squad sized.
>>
File: ffg.jpg (24KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ffg.jpg
24KB, 620x470px
>>54955785
I wonder why
>>
>>54954073
>>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT
Is there anything in here that isn't already in the pastebin?
>>
>>54953115

Is there any ETA on new books for FFG or do they keep tight-lipped about it?
>>
>>54955362
>how the fuck x-wing doesn't have its own general at this point
It did, but it seems like it just kind of merged with /swg/. A lot of /tg/ XWM fans are fans of other Star Wars media, too, so I guess having a single Star Wars-related general just made it easier to discuss other Star Wars stuff at the same time.
>>
>>54954524
U-Wing is fantastic, easily my favourite new ship.

VCX-100 is a solid nice brick.
Mandalorian Protectorate Starfighters are kinda generic but still cool.
The Quadjumper feels compact and comfy.
>>
>>54954424
Probably. As a general rule the Empire approves of anything evil. Even if the higher ups don't openly condone it, they wouldn't make any effort to stop it.
>>
>>54957137
low quality bait
>>
At Gencon, Legion is fun
>>
File: terminal lance leave blocked.jpg (326KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance leave blocked.jpg
326KB, 1500x762px
>>54957137
>anything
There are some acts that are too cruel for even the Empire, anon. Like telemarketing. Or leaving piss on the seats of public toilets.
>>
>>54955851
>I was really hoping for a large scale ground combat game though, with AT-ATs and individual infantry units being squad sized.
Yeah I see everyone clamoring for this (especially on the FFG forums jesus christ) but I feel like it's pretty dead end unless they introduced the prequel stuff immediately. I would have been okay with that, but it wouldn't happen because FFG avoids the prequels whenever possible, it seems like.
For the GCW its like there's pretty much just Hoth for that. And that's a battle where the rebels just got crushed basically since they were just retreating. And that was at the main rebel base. There's just not much potential for other battles with the scale like that. It would also just boil down to AT-ATs vs Speeders. Company scale (I.E 40k) is a bit overexposed, but it works the best for Star Wars since FFG is allergic to the prequels.
>>
File: swgb campaign screen.jpg (42KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
swgb campaign screen.jpg
42KB, 540x405px
>>54958783
>For the GCW its like there's pretty much just Hoth for that.
If FFG and Disney were less reluctant to draw on Legends material, Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds would have plenty of material to offer in terms of large-scale GCW ground battles.
>>
>>54958783
>>For the GCW its like there's pretty much just Hoth for that.

Scarif as well.
>>
>>54958977
Yeah but that's just Hoth but even MORE unbalanced. Even less rebels, with less equipment, and they all die.
Asymmetrical battles like this are fun, but work better as a board game or hex and chit game than a miniature war game. Epic 40k was great because every faction has retardedly huge armies. Epic 40k scale makes more sense for 40k than normal 40k scale, shame it ended up dead.
>>
>>54958804
>>54958783

I think mostly FFG (or possibly LFL, their parent company Asmodee or even the Disney) has a very conservative business plan when it comes to rolling out license stuff. You start with a solid outline, and with stuff you know people will buy, and probably nobody will complain about. Nobody should complain about squads of Stormies led by darth vader chewing up rebels, right?

Then, if they need to they can always broaden the game or boost sales with more fringe stuff but also have the opportunity to market around popular and new materials too. Like with X-Wing, the Gunboat has some limited optics, it was basically only in Flight Sims from the 90s - but the people who remember it are into it and it fits well into the game, and in a sense it benefits from being later because it'll probably have some more reasoned mechanics associated with it. At the same time, they're also releasing Phantom II because that was just in a season of the popular, current TV series and it gives them a lot of opportunity for new, applicable stuff which people will also likely recognize.

Legion is starting narrow, and if it works it'll grow broader.
>>
>>54958783
I guess if we ignore legends material
Which is retarded since FFG has a hard-on for legends
epic-scale battles wouldn't make much sense for the GCW. The rebels were very lightly armed, and excelled only at hit-and-run tactics. The most conventional ground-scale fighting we saw was Hoth, and even then the ground forces were just there to buy the main body time to retreat; and even then they universally got their asses kicked by the Empire. The GCW is less world war II despite being based off of it and more Iraq and Afghanistan; think of it like Al-Qaeda vs the US Military.

It really wasn't until after the Battle of Endor that the rebels REALLY started recruiting enough forces to combat the empire at ground combat.
>>
>>54959216
meant for
>>54955851
>>
So are there any new Armada releases coming out of Gen-Con?
>>
>>54959251
FFG forgot about Armada and when pressed they said "oh yeah uh something big is happening" to keep people on the leash

So No.
>>
>>54958783
I think the GCW is still very workable for large scale ground combat. From a lore perspective keep in mind that although Hoth is the only large OT ground battle, Endor is also the only large OT space battle.

For gameplay aside from a standard battle type you can introduce an attacker/defender game type to keep the feeling of the GCW, where the Empire needs to destroy a target on the far side of the map to win but have more points for units. That would also allow Rebels to make use of their turrets or trenches. Stormtrooper squads can be optionally equipped with some relatively expensive anti-air launcher upgrades to make defense and airspeeder harass interesting.
>>
File: imperial screeching.png (122KB, 571x380px) Image search: [Google]
imperial screeching.png
122KB, 571x380px
>>54959216
>Al-Qaeda vs the US Military
Eh, I'd say it leans closer towards American Revolution than Middle Eastern insurgency.
>>
I mean... are they really that limited by the OT battles? the starter set has a rebel driving an AT-RT which never happened once, I don't see why they can't just release a grab bag of units from both legends/canon/pt/ot/st
>>
>>54959630
>never happened once
It happened in the Commander mobile game, which is technically kinda sorta nucanon.
>>
>>54959670
yeah, I'm just saying the base set clearly isn't a "hoth set" or an "endor set" so idk why people are making a fuss over how one-sided those battles were in terms of units
>>
>>54959698
We're talking about a prospective larger scale game, not Legion. IMO legion is a good scale for the GCW.
>>
>>54959698
>>54959730
There's probably a good amount of more even battles post-ROTJ, too.
>>
File: liberation of coruscant.jpg (2MB, 1433x2000px) Image search: [Google]
liberation of coruscant.jpg
2MB, 1433x2000px
>>54959737
Liberation of Coruscant urban space warfare when?
>>
>>54959698
It's because those battles highlight the sheer difference in the manpower of both sides in the GCW. It's not a stretch to say that a band of rebels managed to secure some old hardware from the previous galactic war that spanned the galaxy; but it is a pretty big stretch to say that that same band of rebels who couldn't even hold off the empire at their home base, all of a sudden has access to firepower, manpower, and armor that can take on the galactic-spanning empire in an even 1v1 battle.
>>
>>54959753
But literally every battle in Armada is the Rebels taking on an ISD level fleet. How is this any different?
>>
what people seem to be missing is

nobody buys games that aren't 28mm
>>
>>54959866
The Rebel fleets engage imperial fleets at Scarif and Endor on relatively even footing (they even win the battle of Scarif before a third ISD arrives), and the fleets there are reasonably approximateable in Armada (2x ISD came second at Gencon, but MC-75 isn't out yet and there were more nebulons/hammerheads/cr90s than Armada would allow into a list with a big ship and so many squadrons, but if you assume that those small ships have been scaled up in firepower as well as in size for the game it sort of makes sense)
>>
>>54959935
It's close enough to 28mm to not matter.
>>
>>54960046
I mean that the other way around

there's no market for the 15mm game people seem to have wanted instead
>>
>>54959866
Because that's the one thing the rebels did have in terms of firepower: specialized Mon Cal ships, fighters that preyed on the quantity vs quality weakness of the empire, and varied smaller ships that used interesting tactics over sheer firepower.

And even then, for Armada, the firepower is scaled HEAVILY in the rebel's favor to make it seem somewhat fair
a single CR-90 A throws out almost 1/3 the firepower of an ISD II

even then, the rebel faction in armada (usually) relies more on outmaneuvering the meatier imperials which fits the overall theme of the GCW
>>
>>54960112
So none of these things are possible to do in a large scale ground combat game?
>>
>>54960112
The rebels do not fuck around when it comes to packing heat

look what happened to this ISD: IT MELTED
>>
>>54960112
>And even then, for Armada, the firepower is scaled HEAVILY in the rebel's favor to make it seem somewhat fair
>a single CR-90 A throws out almost 1/3 the firepower of an ISD II

CR90s in Armada are (like I said >>54960030) scaled up. The battles on screen have many times the number of CR90s and Nebulons that you can actually fit into an Armada list, so the Armada ships are an approximation of multiple CR90s, in terms of verisimilitude.
>>
>>54960030
The Rebels got very lucky in the Scarif space battle with their hammerhead gambit. In nucanon this is the first time the Rebels won a major battle against the empire, and possibly the first time they've downed an ISD. We know that the GCW is a very long series of the rebels being outgunned and needing to hide and retreat, everywhere, all the time. None of this has stopped us from having a fleet game that smashes improbable amounts of rebel firepower against imperial fleets and which is conveniently balanced so that the rebels still win about half the time.
>>
Hey anons,

I'm currently playing a FRP-ish SW game set in during the Galactic Civil War Era. I'm playing as an admiral in the Rebellion.

Empire has taken the DS-1 to Coruscant after the plans of the station were compromised and riots began when civilians got uncomfortable with this. Literally Syria tier.

The smugglers and Hutt Cartel is uneasy because when DS1 arrived at the Coruscant Empire cracked down on their operations and there is a siege at Nar Shadda by Vader.

I have A-Wings, X-Wing, Y-Wings etc and also lots of Mon Calamari cruisers. (But the Empire also has a beefy fleet.)

I'm planning on aiding Hutts at Nar Shadda and force Empire to send Death Star and escalate the stuff ongoing at Coruscant with troop deployments and weapon shipments. What do you think?

Also, X-WING players, can you send me links of maneuvers used in Star Wars? While I consider myself a pro at Empire At War and Homeworld I really dont know everything about SW space fights.
>>
>>54959750
Did it even happen in nu-canon?
>>
>>54960384
One would assume that the imperial garrisons on coruscant didn't just pack up and leave; even in Nucanon
>>
>>54961337
I wouldn't be surprised, the whole Empire packed up and left after Jakku.
>>
File: 1426760781768.jpg (314KB, 849x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1426760781768.jpg
314KB, 849x1100px
Hey Fellas.
I'm kinda in a bind. My D&D group is taking a break while my DM's out for the next three sessions or so, and the group's looking to try out the SW RPG set. Now the temp-DM's got an idea that he wants to try out (Force Unleashed timeframe where we're the beginnings of the resistance), and I'm totally lost. I'm not really into Star Wars (say what you will), I grew up reading Marvel Cosmic - Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock, Nova, Etc. - and the races and classes just feel a bit constrained and bland to me. Now, I'm open to playing, and want to give it a try, but I don't even know where to start. Any clues?

So far we have:
Null-class Clone Trooper
Former Padawan
Some Scout
Former Jedi that left before Order 66
And whatever I'm gonna be

Anyone have any ideas of fun builds or just really cool character concepts?
>>
File: colt 45 malt liquor.jpg (121KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
colt 45 malt liquor.jpg
121KB, 600x482px
>>54963019
Judging by that party composition, they're probably lacking a pilot and/or face. Might as well become Lando. The only thing cooler than Lando is a can of DL-44 malt liquor, also sponsored by Lando.
>>
File: AdmiralBadass-CEIII6.png (455KB, 692x579px) Image search: [Google]
AdmiralBadass-CEIII6.png
455KB, 692x579px
>>54955362
>not even mentioning ARMADA

Come on guys.
>>
>>54960384
Yes and no. Coruscant still had a large battle - Aftermath shows us that it starts literally moments after the bit shown in RotJ. A protracted liberation campaign as in Legends didn't really happen. Rebel sympathizers did some stuff, but really the planet devolved into a civil war until ISB took off to secure the area, leaving Mas Amedda technically still in charge but essentially powerless until the NR forced him to capitulate and sign the Galactic Concordance after Jakku.

>>54961847
Not really. They didn't so much pack up and leave as much as sign a treaty after having large swathes of their own forces turn against them. The First Order are basically only the hardest of the hardcore Imperial loyalists. The rest either went warlord for a short while, or joined the New Republic. Some of those who joined the NR secretly supported the First Order, and their plotting is part of the novel Bloodlines.
>>
>>54957137
Is it actually a deluded rebel, or a false flag imp?
>>
File: 1453995412457.png (115KB, 326x226px) Image search: [Google]
1453995412457.png
115KB, 326x226px
>>54964587
>A protracted liberation campaign as in Legends didn't really happen.
Every day, post-Endor nucanon finds a new way to disappoint.
>>
>>54964587
>Aftermath
>Aftermath
>Aftermath
>>
>>54964901
Yes, and?

The content itself is fine. It's the writing style that has issues, and even then is not even remotely as bad as people sperg about it.
>>
File: Police_gunships_Lothal.png (988KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
Police_gunships_Lothal.png
988KB, 1560x878px
How would you feel if they added fliers to Legion? AFAIK they kind of fucked up 40k, but the idea of having giant games of X-wing is very appealing to me.

If they make it to that stage, we'll probably atleast see Snowspeeders and pic related.
>>
>>54965039
LAAT/i
A
A
T
/
i
>>
>>54963339
I'mma do just that, and throw in some Jet from Cowboy Bebop
>>
File: 79-Slowpoke.png (96KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
79-Slowpoke.png
96KB, 800x647px
>>54965152
>>54965164
>>54965180
>>54965192
Wow!
>>
>>54960319
>and possibly the first time they've downed an ISD.

Cham managed to down one. It took him literal hundreds of starfighters and a shit ton of planning, but he did it.

Another rebel group tried the same gambit, but Thrawn managed to stop it.
>>
>>54960319
It's even original canon that the battle that let the Rebels obtain the plans was their very first (strategic) victory.
>>
>>54964919
>not even remotely as bad as people sperg about it
>Herkily
>Jerkily
go to bed wendig
>>
>>54960383
That sounds fucking awesome mate.

I want in
>>
>>54965039
I'd be fine with it if it was honestly just strafing runs or a bombing run you could call in every turn same as what looks like the AT-RT Cannon.

In fact, I might homebrew them in at some point using the AT-RT cannon stats for backyard play
>>
>>54955591
Its just an artist's idea, but I thought it was pretty cool and has some stylistic queues from Krennic's shuttle.
This is another one from the same challenge, its interesting to ponder 'why' the Royal Guard would be talking to Yoda and its something you could make a pretty cool story out of. Is he a traitor, double agent or someone seeking redemption? Who knows!

>>54956183
Don't think so, but some people prefer the megaupload stuff so I threw it in.
>>
File: ZZ690B8653.jpg (747KB, 4000x1758px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ690B8653.jpg
747KB, 4000x1758px
>>54966839
Ah crap, better attach it
>>
>>54960383
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs= Here you can see all the maneuvers of the different ships. Is that what you are looking for?
>>
So, the Forums have been going full CSI, or as close to full CSI as reality allows on the images we've got of wave 12, and aside from stuff already known, here's some new things (mostly speculative)

>XG-1 Assault Configuration

Gives 2 Cannons slots, not one. This seems to tie in with Lin[ked] Ba[tteries] which is a cannon upgrade but doesn't seems to be a secondary weapon.
This is somewhat annoying as I was hoping that Linked Batteries would be a Unique B-Wing Fix.

>Os-1 something something Loadout

Looks to be the same thing as the XG-1 title, but gives at least an extra Torpedo slot, possibly a Missile slot as well. The wording seems similar in that it allows you fire a Torp (or Missile?) against a target even if you slammed that turn. However the cost seems to be different, so it might not just be cost 2 munitions that you can do this with.

>The new EPT
The Gila has two of the same EPT that the Gunboat has and we can see its called Satu[ration] Sa[lvo]
The line is a When, the next one has a Torp icon. So my money is on it starting "When you make a <torp> secondary weapon attack...

After that it's pure speculation though.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (24KB, 564x528px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
24KB, 564x528px
>>54967275
If that's true about Linked Batteries, then the IG Aggressor could also take it, meaning thats going to make its way back into rotation in a big way if its half decent

>mfw Autoblaster IG's are the new meta
>>
>>54967302

It's Small Ship only.
>>
>>54967309
If IG's don't get it, then there's virtually no point in 2 cannon slots unless there's also another cannon upgrade.
>>
>>54967378

At this point, it looks like it's literally just for the XG-1 title. I might be something that works the same way as the TIE-D title, so you could fire your Jammer or Tractor or Flechette (or whatever) and then fire your primaries at the same target.
>>
>>54964342
What about it?

>>54965039
Assuming the infantry in the core set is your "staple", I have a hard time envisioning it. But anything's possible.

U-Wings dropping reinforcements into the middle of the battle would be cool.
>>
Can anyone explain something to me?

So I'm looking at the Force Power section of FAD, more specifically Sense. The first two talent upgrades after the base power read as:

"Control: Commit Force die. Once per round, when an attack targets the Force user, upgrade the difficulty of the pool once."

"Control: Effect: Spend Light/dark side point. The Force user senses the surface thoughts of one living target with whom they are engaged."

Both cost 10 XP.

However, to guide myself through character creation for one of the PCs (I'm providing my players with pregen for their concepts to save time), I'm looking at the character sheet for the Zabrak Jedi Mystic Dao from the FaD intro game.

His talents for Force sense read differently. The first one is the only one I'm interested in so I'll list that:

"Sense - Control: Spend 2 Force points to detect thoughts of 1 engaged being." (Cost 5)

What's happening here? Were the profiles made before certain changes came down or something?
>>
Guys, I need some help.
My group is doing a SW campaign and for once I luckily don't have to DM; it feels like it's been a decade since I last got to play myself.
Thing is, we're apparently doing a sith campaign and I barely ever play anything but paragons of virtue when I do get to play. I'd appreciate any help coming up with a character concept for a decent sith.
As far as we know we're starting in a Sith accademy at some unspecified point in time.
The short pitches for the rest of the party so far are:
- a male Barabel hunter/tracker who's force aptitude was discovered late
- a male Arkanian noble that was abduced as a child
- a male Herglic
- a female Aruzan that grew up in a slave brothel
- one other who hasn't handed in anything yet
I kinda want to do a female Zeltron, because I find their design interesting, but beyond that I'm open to anything. I'd appreciate any help.
>>
>>54968424
This is me again. I'm a newb at this game so forgive dumb questions.

I'm now reading the talent tree for Force Move. Beneath the first two Range upgrades is a Control upgrade, the box is bigger, does that mean I need both Range upgrades to acquire that talent or does it mean I can reach that talent through either branch?
>>
Is there any use of the force die in an EotE-only campaign?
>>
>>54968511
Rolling Destiny at the start of every session. And if any of them take the Force Emergent tree they'll get force powers.
>>
>>54968486
Through either branch!
>>
>>54968424
I only had the EoTE starter, but I know the pregen classes had their own talent trees rather than that of a specific career.
>>
>>54968483
Play a Jedi spy, "accidentally" sabotage their plans and backstab them at a critical point.

You might want to change a group after that.
>>
>>54969426
>Zeltron
>spy
These words don't really overlap.
>>
>>54969426
I like the idea of a Zeltron trying way too hard to appear edgy and dark in a over-the-top manner in order to appeal to their aesthetic sensibilities, only to have it revealed that all that was just a ploy.
>>
File: 1490533480942.png (734KB, 902x851px) Image search: [Google]
1490533480942.png
734KB, 902x851px
>>54954424
Not just the stormies.
>>
>>54954424
if it's not wearing the armor, it isn't a stormtrooper

if it's not nonconsensual, it's not rape

if it's a stormtrooper, it's not nonconsensual
>>
>>54955362
>So what's your opinion on the Legion?

Cautiously optimistic. I will most likely buy the core set.

Only other game I play right now is Armada, which I don't intend to drop. I wouldn't mind keeping up with both simultaneously.

I am virtually positive it'll be better than 40k once it has a healthy number of expansions.

Any indication that they're moving into prequel or sequel eras and my Legion-shaped erection doubles.
>>
Now that teh Assault Gunboat is confirmed what's the odds for Marek Steele getting a third pilot card?
>>
File: Baarekley Stele.jpg (98KB, 547x914px) Image search: [Google]
Baarekley Stele.jpg
98KB, 547x914px
>>54972315
If FFG isn't releasing the actual Missile Boat ever, then I'd say pretty good odds. If FFG does plan to give us the true SLAM jam experience in the future, then it's probably a toss-up between waiting until the Missile Boat or Stele becoming a quad starfighter DJ.
>>
>>54972315
Well you can already see enough of the two included pilot's names in the images to see he's not one of them and since ships tend to be more or less usable on release these days and not in need of drastic fixes I kinda doubt we'd see any new pilots for it until either power creep has gotten so bad we'd all likely have stopped playing or they did some kind of X-wing 2.0 box set with new cards and pilots for ever ship in the game.
>>
>>54972606

Unless Steele got downgraded to a Lt... actually when DO you first get to the Assault Boat in TIE-Fighter?
>>
>>54972697

Well, he's never referred to by his rank either as an advanced or defender pilot, so I don't think it matters.
>>
>>54972697

You fly the Gunboat for the first time near the end of the first tour of duty, and the Missile Boat about midway through the tenth.
>>
>>54959090
>and they all die.

To be fair, so do all the Imperials on Scarif. At least, all the ones at the citadel.
>>
File: The Final Prophecy.jpg (39KB, 289x475px) Image search: [Google]
The Final Prophecy.jpg
39KB, 289x475px
alright tg time to get mad over nothing
what do you all think about adding more stupid EU bullshit to the xwing game?
im talking about the vong
i know everyone here is jealous that they arent half as edgy as these guys, but i think the biotech meme is very cool. imagine all the silly shit you could add.
>special rule: dovin basil: this ships drive is also its primary defense. each turn your green die is equal to your fastest possible manuver (5) minus the speed of your manuver executed (maximum 4) with an additional green die added for performing green manuvers, and one reduced for red manuvers
>no shields, but has at minimum 5 hull for purposes of statting. given the t65 xwing manuver dial amd actions, replacing target lock with evade, as well as a 5 straight
>no modifications, just ept and new deck exclusive to them: bioform
>bioform upgrades include
>advanced dovin basil: your action bar gains the boost action, and you add one green die to your pool each turn
>yammosk coordinator: you may change your manuver to speed plus or minus one, at cost of an action
>shield stripping dovin basil: (3 dice attack, focus, range 1) make an attack roll as normal, but for every uncancelled hit, deal 2 shield damage. crits act as hits. cannot be used to damage opposing ship.
>plasma cannon: you may change one hit to a crit
>urchins (mine): if an enemy ship passes through an urchin mine, roll teo red dice, and the defender rolls two green dice. for each uncanelled hit, remove 1 modification, astromech, or turret from the ship in question. ALL vong ships are unaffected by this mine.

so tg what cancerous shit you going to vomit? or will i actually get constructive critisim?
>>
>>54974278
If Vong are in before prequel fractions, I'm dropping this game.

Just kidding, if Vong are in I'm dropping this game even if the previous expansions were a series of campaigns covering every episode of the Clone Wars, together with a specifically recorded narration read by TCW actors supplied on a special app
>>
>>54974278
>more stupid EU bullshit
Yes, ple-
>Vong
No. I'll welcome the StealthX with open arms, though.
>>
>>54974278
I'd be fine with another faction for X-wing provided it had its own distinct identity, which those ideas would certainly make for. That dynamic of an agility system seems like it would be a real pain to keep track of though, you'd have to put counters on every ship to keep track of their dice pool and shit.
>>
>>54974278
I'd rather saw off my own legs than have Vong in the game.
Give me CIS, give me Republic or give me death.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9INF-tOEUA
>>
File: 1393711130086.jpg (5KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1393711130086.jpg
5KB, 246x205px
>None of the teased wave XII ships is ep7 or ep8 related
>>
>>54974610

Yeah, welcome to X-Wing. Force Friday II is Sept 1 IIRC, FFG will announce movie tie-ins then, along with all the other mass marketing of toys and merch for TLJ. Just like what happened with R1 and TFA.
>>
>>54974610
Episode 8 ships they wouldn't take any chance of leaking anything about before Disney is good and ready to show them off and Episode 7 doesn't have jack shit else to put in the game.
>>
>>54974636
Good to know. I just started playing few weeks ago so I'm not into community stuff and news sources yet
>>
>>54974588

Okay, so the yellow number is "Courage", it's related to the suppression mechanics.
>>
>>54974588
>>54975313
So Vader can't be suppressed? He's got zero.
>>
>>54975416
Maybe there's a difference between "0" and "-".
>>
>>54974588

Seeing this in play, I definitely see the differences even in the core box between factions, and it sounds like good variance. Stormies roll weaker dice to attack, but between their improved aim and their natural surge conversion they can be pretty accurate with that pool.

Rebel Troops have better base dice, but weaker mods, but have better defensive mods between an inherent defensive surge and the ability to regain dodge tokens.
>>
>>54974588

Okay actually seeing that 'random order' mechanic in play with the way their order cards works, I actually really like it.

I'm loving the officer-movement-with-cohesion, too.
>>
>>54975725

Snap Shot.

If somebody moves into your R1, you can pop off a 2 die shot, no mods.
>>
>>54974588

Also, looks like there's at least 3 possible weapon slots for the AT-RT, one is just a rotary for more dakka, we've seen the laser cannon previewed as an anti-armor, and I presume the flamethrower will have some kind of keyword or effect to be even better at anti-infantry, maybe like blast to ignore cover completely but much shorter range.
>>
>>54975755
Yeah, I worked it out and deleted the post before you replied. Sorry!
>>
Any idea whats on stage for the legion releases after the main game drops? AT-ST?

Hopefully scum gets put out.
>>
>>54976521
I hope that scum are more like mercenaries in Warmachine, where certain ones can be added to an army, or multiple different armies depending on what that guy's in lore affiliations are. I definitely want people to be able to run an all scum army, but the ability to add a bounty hunter to your Imperial army or a smuggler to your Rebel one would be ideal.
>>
>>54976521

AT-ST is basically confirmed, I'm curious what the rebel equivalent will be.

I imagine anything OT will be handled first, so if there are flying units we'll get some snowspeeders, maybe static emplacements from Hoth, and probably a unique model in Snowtroopers (I supposed Rebels could get Tauntaun riders too). Endor's basically covered by the normal units except maybe for some Imperial Special forces guys ala BFII.

Then probably best bet is break into R1 with some rebel and imperial commanders, death and shore troopers, some different rebel commandos. Rebels itself is probably the next best bet, you can get many named characters out of it, a few different units like imperial AT-DPs and maybe even the RTT (with deployment rules to dump a squad of troops off probably).
>>
>800 Points is tourney size, confirmed by Alex Davy
>Core set is about half that - 400 points. This confirms that demo's were being played at 400.

Now as for listbuilding, check out pic related.

>1-2 COMMANDER
>3-6 CORE
>0-3 SPECIAL FORCES
>0-3 SUPPORT
>0-2 HEAVY SUPPORT

Special Forces confirmed as its own slot makes me happy, and Heavy Support seems like a laugh. Maybe some form of artillery? Airstrikes?

Game has also said to be played on a 6x3 (Armada size) per Davy
>>
>>54977099
>This confirms that demo's were being played at 400.

If you watch that covenant video linked upthread somehwere they show some good closeups of things and you can see point costs.
Vader alone is 200 preupgrades.
>>
File: space hilux.png (838KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
space hilux.png
838KB, 1280x716px
>>54976804
They have those speeders with heavy blasters (I guess that's the Star Wars equivalent of a classic taliban Toyota with an MG or a ZU-23).

Anything heavier, they'd have to use EU, invent their own vehicles, or take stuff from the prequels.

Maybe AAT like in the mobile game?
>>
File: legionlistbuild.jpg (47KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
legionlistbuild.jpg
47KB, 960x540px
>>54977099
Fuck forgot to post pic
>>
>>54977099
Heavy support would be armoured vehicles that don't go that fast or heavy weapon teams right?
>>
>>54977099
He said "Snowspeeders, AT-ST" when talking about heavy support
>>
>>54977123
Last thread had points costs for everything.

Vader is 200. Luke is 160 or so.
Rebel Troopers are ~12 each. Stormtroopers are 11. Coincidentally there were no repeating blasters or rocket launchers, and each squad just had 1 extra dude.
Speeders are 90 for 2 and the ATRT was 55 + a 35 point cannon.
>>
>>54977187
>Coincidentally there were no repeating blasters or rocket launchers

The Covenant thing shows BLT19 for Imps and then the rebels get a...cant remember the name, but its a dude with a gatling blaster.
Extra soldiers in group, but with fancier guns.

Also they talk about rockets and such.
>>
>>54977208
AH I was going off the General Games preview last thread.
>>
>>54977208
Rebels had Z-6 trooper for 22 points throwing six white dice.
>>
>>54976804
The guy in the Covenant video specifically references Heavy Support as "Things like AT-STs and Snowspeeders", so the snowspeeder is probably the rebel equivalent.
>>
>>54977132

Well, it looks like maybe a snowspeeder or two is the equivalent based on >>54977180 but yeah, technical speeders would probably be a good unit later. A hardpoint like the AT-RT would probably be included so their loadout is more flexible, but probably squishier compared to imperial armor.
>>
File: SWC_T2-B_Tank.png (107KB, 349x286px) Image search: [Google]
SWC_T2-B_Tank.png
107KB, 349x286px
>>54977132
For canon rebel Heavy Support we have CIS Hailfire droids and ATT, also with refurbished AT-TE.

From the mobile games we have the Ultra-Light Assault Vehicle, Freerunner, T2-B Repulsor Tank and MLC-3 Light Tank.

Pretty good spread I'd say. They could also give the rebel scum the Juggernaut, but it's a little big for none Epic games.
>>
>>54977243

>z-6
That's the one, thanks anon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1956x1813px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1956x1813px
>>54974588
>Vader with Saber Throw is a better than Luke at range (Vader's free attack (Relentless) can proc Saber Throw, Luke's Charge is melee only so can't)
>light, heavy cover offers 1, 2 hits ignored
>cover is from attacking leader to target models, so placement of non-leader models actually does matter
>you ignore cover you're in b2b with (obviously)
>game uses true line of sight
>speeder's obligatory/free movement is at full speed (3), so a unit of speeders can go move 9 in one activation if they want (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0)
>movement tool pivots up to 90 degree, so a unit of speeders can make a full 270 degree turn in one activation if they want
>yellow value is "courage", related to suppression
>"height 1" of terrain is the height of range 1, which is pretty tall
>cover does not apply in melee combat
>there are difficult terrain rules in the full game (reduce speed by 1) to clamber over barricades
>Alex mentions AT-STs by name, so I assume they will be one of the very first expansions, if not the first
>there is only one crit facing per die, so impact is vital against armor
>Alex mentions AT-RTs climbing in an episode Clone Wars, prequel era confirmed????
>there's a lot of strategy and psychology in the choosing of command cards
>when command priority is tied, players roll for it
>cards don't un-exhaust every turn, you have to perform a "recover" action
>you can spend your entire activation to do a speed 1 move out of combat
>every commander has unique
>full size game is 800 points, ~10 units (see >>54977099 >>54977136)
>special forces are "things like scout troopers", heavy is "snow speeders, AT-STs"
>command hand limited to 2 of each pip plus standing orders
>battlefield is determined with 1 card each of 3 categories, drawing 3 of each and eliminating in alternate
>player with larger bid chooses red/blue, blue chooses sides and has first choice of cards to eliminate
>categories are deployment, field condition, objective
>>
File: revolver ocelot revolver ocelot.png (252KB, 599x693px) Image search: [Google]
revolver ocelot revolver ocelot.png
252KB, 599x693px
>>54977388
>>
File: imperial vehicles.png (2MB, 1466x1244px) Image search: [Google]
imperial vehicles.png
2MB, 1466x1244px
>>54977346
we get a ton of imperial vehicles to choose from, and even more trooper types.
>>
>>54977346
I'd take Guerillas on X-38 speeders with rocket launchers, personally.
>>
File: disarray.png (2MB, 1315x1011px) Image search: [Google]
disarray.png
2MB, 1315x1011px
>>54977388
>every commander has unique
command cards*, I accidentally half a sentence

>>54977388
>battlefield is determined with 1 card each of 3 categories, drawing 3 of each and eliminating in alternate
>player with larger bid chooses red/blue, blue chooses sides and has first choice of cards to eliminate
>categories are deployment, field condition, objective

Core set has four of each. Deployments are:
>short edges
>long edges
>opposite corners
>alternating opposite corners (pic)

Field conditions are:
>Clear (no effect)
>Hostile Environment (suppresses you when not in terrain)
>Rapid Reinforcements (hot drop units)
>some other one that causes dust that makes long shots worse or impossible or something

Objectives are:
>break through to enemy deployment zone
>occupy key position
>recover supplies (objective tokens)
>intercept intel (gameplay unknown)
>>
File: Capture.png (593KB, 597x572px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
593KB, 597x572px
>>54977522
>alternating opposite corners (pic)
wrong pic
>>
>>54977388
>full size game is 800 points, ~10 units
Such epic combat.

Also, it will be nearly impossible to get AT-ATs in at a 28mm scale. They should have gone 15 mm.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 227x222px
>>54977744
>They should have gone 15 mm
literally nobody buys 15mm games

>it will be nearly impossible to get AT-ATs in at a 28mm scale

even with a sliding scale?
>>
>>54977744

>full size game is 800 points, ~10 units
>Such epic combat.

A unit is multiple figures man, 10 units of stormtroopers would be between 40-50 minis.
>>
>>54977953

>Team yankee and flames of war

You wot?
>>
>>54977744
I'm honestly glad that it's smaller scale. Right now they don't have their "Epic" units, meaning they don't have to bend the rules ass backward to ensure that things jive together from small skirmish to fate of a planet scales. It also means that the points values for competitive haven't ballooned out of control, and the cost for giant pieces of plastic aren't implied in the kind of pick up game you can expect. I know "Epic" scale is inevitable if this takes off (which I think it will), but at least for now I can buy a little, assemble & paint, and have a lot of fun without needing transport solutions for something colossal.
>>
>>54977475
>>54977388
>>54977346

Honestly, Empire has always overflowed with unit types - an advantage to being the "antagonist" faction means that when you write books, rpg scenarios and video games your daring individual character heroes need cool and different opponents to face to keep things new and fresh. Killing Stormtroopers for 10 levels in a row is dull, you need to scale up to guys with sniper rifles and eventually sub-boss level run ins with Dark Troopers.

What will be much more interesting will be what FFG pulls out for Rebels to use. Will their equivalent to "Scouttroopers" just be "Rebel Scouts", or will they show us some guys in the ol' SpecForce outfits. Will Wookiee Commandos be their own unit type and how will they fit in? Maybe rebel honor guards described in EAfront and the Soldier book? It's all a very interesting area to balance things out.

And of course, will there be invisible bothans with flamethrowers?
>>
>>54978538
The Rebels do have SpecForce, though that is old canon. God would I would give for some FFG sculpts of the old canon infiltrators.

I dare say we'll see Saboteurs in Legion for the Rebels at some point, Wookiee Commandos are probably a given, and probably some Sabine/Fenn Mando thing.
>>
>>54978652

Well, FFG used the specforce guys in the AoR core, and they have been on card art for X-Wing stealing a TIE Fighter, so LFL isn't holding down that design. The question is probably how much will Legion dip into the EU and at what rate? X-Wing did it basically immediately once they cleared out the OT ships, and even now has a pretty decent balance between Legends and Canon. Armada though seems to have a much stronger rebalance toward Canon - but that'll be running out pretty quick here.
>>
I just want to know what the fuck suppression does
>>
>>54979045
If it gets too high, you can't act. If it gets even higher, you retreat.

^I think. I can't actually remember where I read/heard that.
>>
>>54978833
>Armada though seems to have a much stronger rebalance toward Canon
Failure to include the Black Asp is the reason I will never play Armada. Absolutely unforgivable.
>>
i posted a couple random questions up thread a bit

i ran my first session tonight, we are doing Escape from Mos Shuuta but with custom PCs, not the pregens. it was fun, need to polish the rules quite a bit, but players roleplayed well, i liked that the first combat was when they tried to board the Krayt Fang (renamed the Jewel of Arkanis because they thought the other name was shit).

however, i wasn't sold on combat. maybe we were doing it fundamentally wrong. my players roll their combat skill, upgrade ability into proficiency dice as per ranks, opposed to average difficulty dice most of the time at medium range.

on their turn, enemy mobs do the same thing. but it's pretty repetitive. what am I doing wrong? I'm sure quite a few things.

Can players use two maneuvers immediately, then take their action?

What kind of ideas do you have for resolving Advantage/Disadvantages in combat besides Strain or Crits if there are enough of them?
>>
File: QUEST FOR THE JEDI.png (1MB, 900x1033px) Image search: [Google]
QUEST FOR THE JEDI.png
1MB, 900x1033px
>>54979226
Forgot to include poster I made for my campaign, I posted it in a thread like a week ago I think. lol
>>
>>54979226

Yeah, you've got the basics of combat. If you're looking to spice it up though, remember cover and other environmental factors, and feel free to have situations force people into harder or easier combat ranges. Evolving circumstances usually keep people going from beat to beat.

In combat you have 1 Maneuver and 1 Action base, you can use them in any order. If you take 2 Strain, you may perform a second maneuver, or may turn your Action into a maneuver, but you never get more than 2 maneuvers per turn max.
>>
>>54979366
Thanks for the reply. I know about the maneuver thing, my question is if they could use both maneuvers (and take 2 strain) immediately, then use their action.

What is lightsaber combat like with this system? Haha.

I'm thinking of trying to adapt the Star Wars Runequest combat rules somehow, they felt a little more cinematic.
>>
So after looking at the TC demo, and after hearing Frank Davy's comments on Airspeeders and AT-ST's as well as namedropping Leia as a commander, I think that FFG are going to do 1 expansion per 'slot' per faction per wave.

Proposed Wave 1 would then be:

>Commanders
>Leia
>Unnamed Imperial (Tarkin?)

>Core
>Rebel Troops reboxing with new upgrades
>Stormtrooper reboxing with new upgrades

>Special Forces
>Unnamed Rebel SpecOps Guys
>DeathTroopers I guess?

>Support
>Reboxed ATRT with more upgrades
>reboxed Speeder Bikes with more upgrades

>Heavy
>Snowspeeder
>AT-ST

As far as Wave 1 goes, thats not bad.
>>
>>54954073
So for Armada, I want to like it- the game design seems interesting.

There's just one issue that I have, and that's with intended playstyle.

If the rumors are true, then this is the odds for defenses-

Attack
White - 1h 1c 1s
Black - 3h 1c 1s
Red - 5h 1c 1s
Defense
White - 1 block 1 surge
Red - 3 block 1 surge

That means Stormtroopers have a 37.5% chance to hit, and Rebel Troopers have a 50% chance to hit. Stormtroopers have a 50% chance to block, Rebel Troopers have a 33% chance to block.

That makes Stormtroopers kinda shitty seeming, especially since they cost more than rebel troopers by a point and are worse offensively. It also means that Stormtroopers hit harder with their fists than their guns, and the best way for a Stormtrooper unit to kill a unit of Rebels is to run up and beat them to death with their hands.

This might be going full autist, but I want to gun down rebel scum, not have storm troopers punch them to death.

If there's an upgrade for Stormtroopers that makes them actually have good guns, or when the inevitable Deathtroopers come out, I might join then, but it seems now that empire will be Vader and Vehicles- The army.

Am I being retarded?
>>
>Read Guardians of the Whills
>Now Chirrut and BIG GUN are my favorite characters of the nu-canon
>Realize it's basically because they're near identical to a char duo I used to play with a friend of mine, only the BIG GUN user was the more philosophical and the blindy used geordi laforge glasses
>>
>>54979645

Remember, for stormtroopers, their surge counts as Hits also, and this is all the time and automatic, as far as I can tell. Their Precise 1 (which stacks with upgrades) also means that if you aim, you get additional rerolls out of it - which should improve their odds.

Conversely, Rebel Troopers treat their surge result on defense as a block, and they have the ability to regen Dodge tokens when they spend them which can improve their survivability. So if you just leave them be, they might seem slightly shittier, but if you set them up they do better. We also haven't seen all upgrade options yet.
>>
>>54979645
You're forgetting that Stormtroopers have a natural Precision 1 and can be upgraded to have another Precision 1, thus meaning Stormtroopers are inherently designed to sit still, Aim, and then fire for full effect while rebel troopers are more built to move and shoot.

That and we don't know what other upgrades we'll be getting.
>>
>>54979645
That's actually really odd- Stormtroopers will hit 62.5% of the time in melee then, and without cover their superior armor saves matter even more.

Why are Troopers 67% more effective with their fists than their guns?

If 8 troopers shoot at you in the open, you will have to roll 3 defense dice. If 8 troopers punch you, you will have to roll 5 defense dice.
>>
>>54979753
I did factor that in- Stormtroopers would only hit 25% of the time without their surge converts.

>>54979765
Aim normally lets you reroll 1 die, right?

Let me roll some numbers on this then.
>>
>>54979806
2 dice mate
>>
>>54979806

Aim is 2 rerolls default.
>>
>>54979806
aim is 2 dice reroll by default, stormtroopers due to precision 1 get to reroll 3
>>
File: technical.jpg (119KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
technical.jpg
119KB, 768x576px
>>54977476
(hilu)X38 technicals
>>
>>54979611
Empire's first special forces will be scout troopers, I guarantee it
>>
File: hey guys whats going on here.png (111KB, 189x221px) Image search: [Google]
hey guys whats going on here.png
111KB, 189x221px
>>54979906
Fuck yeah motherfucker
>>
>>54979833
>>54979825
That's actually... not very good.

Rebel Troopers aiming have a 10% better hit chance, based on the assumption that both sides roll enough misses to make their aim tokens go to full use. It also means that Stormtroopers Aiming are slightly *better* at dealing with vehicles, not worse- another fluff vs rules inversion.

With typical results, if you have 5 rebel troopers aim and shoot, you get 3.390625 hits.

If you have 5 Stormtroopers aim and shoot, you get slightly less than 3 hits. (i'll do the exact math later, as I can refit an existing calculator for the black dice)

In comparison, 5 stormtroopers shooting with black do 3.125 damage, and with aim, they do 3.640625

Since you can get 11 rebels for the price of 10 stormtroopers, that's a bit disconcerting.

This all gets fixed by adding an upgrade that swaps Stormtroopers to Black dice for a cost.

but it's strange that smaller infantry guns are better at dealing with armor, and that fists are better at dealing damage in general.
>>
>>54979952
If they're snipers like in BF then *maybe*
>>
>>54980077
Made a math error- the value for black aiming stormtroopers should be "a little less than 4.25"
>>
>>54980077
If the numbers for troopers are correct, it seems that taking the 6 point upgrade of Targeting Scopes might be the go-to for stormtrooper gun-line squads. White dice seem to really want a reroll, and rerolling 4 will probably diminish most of the accuracy issues
>>
>>54980077
Wait, where are you getting the idea that smaller infantry guns are better at dealing with armor than big ones? Only crits can damage armor.
>>
>>54980206
>>54980077

Yeah, if anything the added precision doing more consistent damage to vehicles is pretty on point, fluffwise.
>>
>>54980206
All dice have the same number of crit facings- just rerolling more dice is more helpful than black vs white.

>>54980200
ehh- not really. It will add around a flat 0.375 damage for the entire squad, and it further ties you down to the aim action.

It's actually better on rebel squads, since it will add more expected damage there- Each additional re-roll is less useful than the last. There it will add a little less than half of a damage per squad.
>>
>>54980293
but Rebels are more likely to roll hits on their black dice, so being able to reroll 3 seems like overkill and a potential waste of points.

White dice with stormtroopers seem tied to rerolls, and with naturall rerolling 3, after adding additional squad members via upgrades, I think it'd be more rerolling = better, but I'm not number crunching here
>>
>>54980077
Stormies need to invest in the DLT-17 then with its two red dice. For 24 points including extra dude, that things going to be a monster.
>>
Of course, the inverse seems true. Even with their own surge, Rebel troopers are worse at taking hits. Their Nimble keyword only applies if they take the Dodge action, and only presumably helps if they are attacked more than once in a turn. Stormtroopers hit less, but can set up to be better at shooting and endure better vs rebels who hit harder - but are also more likely to be hit.

All this adjusted by upgrades, of course - for instance the accuracy factors on their two heavy minis seems switched, with Rebels throwing shitloads of bad white dice (which they don't get surge on) and the Imperial throwing fewer but better dice, keeping their Surge and precision abilities, and also getting some impact for Armor.
>>
>>54980419
so from a gameplay perspective:

Rebels dish out good damage, but die easily; thus they need to sprint from cover to cover to survive. When out in the open and moving, they can take advantage of their dodge token spam from the inevitable focus fire coming from the entrenched stormtroopers.

Stormtroopers, conversely, are almost required to stand still, aim, and fire to reliably hit anything; while on the move, they will not be hitting as much. With their red defense dice, cover is nice, but not as important to them as to the rebels. They also benefit from sinking points into the squad with additional firepower.
>>
>>54979195
Glad to see you're still alive
>>
>>54979952
I mean, the designer specifically mentioned scout troopers as special forces in the Team Covenant demo video.
>>
>>54980553

Storm troopers seem to complement big V - he's not going anywhere faster than a steady walk - but when he gets there he's gonna bring the pain. If you play imps and need to scoot and shoot, speeder bikes and their mandatory movement seems to be the way to go.
>>
File: Paul Dainton the_ride1.jpg (254KB, 1920x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Dainton the_ride1.jpg
254KB, 1920x1097px
>>54979906
>pew pew pew!
>>
>>54977475
>that trashbin tank
jej
>>
>>54980347
Forgive me being lazy with the math, but I'm re-using an existing calculator that I made for the rebels, and I'm away from any real scratch paper for the Stormtrooper math.

5 rebels shoot- 2.5 hits
5 rebels shoot with Aim- 3.390625 hits
5 Rebels shoot with Aim and Scopes-3.640625 hits

5 Stormtroopers shoot- 1.875 hits
5 Stormtroopers Whoot with Aim- Around 2.90 hits
5 Stormtroopers shoot with Scopes- almost exactly 3.14 hits

Rebels benefit more from scopes.
>>
>>54980941
That's a low-end estimate for the stormtroopers aiming without scopes BTW- it's 3x(% chance of 0-2 hits on 5 dice) + 2.625x(% chance of 3 hits on 5 dice) + 2.25x(% chance of 4 hits on 5 dice) + 1.87x0.0074157715

I just didn't bother figuring out the exact odds since i'm on a phone- it's best summed up as 'a bit less than 3'.
>>
>>54980572
I'm not actually /the/ Iillor-anon, RIP.
>>
>>54980783

Fuck yeah gimme dat.

Anyone know what the vehicles will be outside of the obvious AT-ST and what not?
>>
>>54974446
>stealth x
>wants more xwings
incomm shilling needs to stop. adding more xwings, with less shields and force torpedos is not helping.

what we really need are clawcraft and sinear patrol craft. second imperial capital ship when
>>
File: 1503033235209.png (853KB, 1161x684px) Image search: [Google]
1503033235209.png
853KB, 1161x684px
>>54981951
>complains about too many of the titular starship and Incom shilling
>wants to add more Sienar ships
>wants to add a TIE variant
>In a game with Phantoms, Interceptors, 2 TIE/LNs, the TIE/FO, TLJ's First Order TIE, Bombers, Punishers, Advanceds, Advanced Prototypes, and Defenders
The T-65 and T-70 were already poorly statted in this age of Jumpmasters, TLTs, and crazy action economy. I'm tired of Biggs being the only tourney-viable X-wing pilot in this meta. New, cost-efficient Luke and Wedge pilot cards with a better dial and action options would be a fucking godsend.
>>
>>54974278

Fuck off, those shitty 40k rejects don't even merit constructive criticism.
>>
>>54982054
What actual changes would you make to the T-65's dial and action bar? I think they're pretty decent for what should be the average fighter of the game, it's just that since then they've apparently decided almost every ship will be above average.
>>
>>54982482
>I think they're pretty decent for what should be the average fighter of the game, it's just that since then they've apparently decided almost every ship will be above average.
That. They would, ideally, need to scale everything else back.

Though in the fluff the X-wing was the top of the line ship.
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856KB, 1050x976px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856KB, 1050x976px
>>54982482
>they've apparently decided almost every ship will be above average
By this logic, the T-65 is no longer average. It is below average. Not really sure what would make it competitive enough to be tourney-viable. How about T-70 dial and action bar, plus cost reductions for every pilot except Biggs? Throw in Rogue and Wraith Squadron title cards with gimmicky effects, plus some Stackpole and Allston characters as additional purchase incentive. And to compensate, maybe the T-70 gets a slight, low-cost/free upgrade of its own (maybe fewer red/more green on the dial) to keep Resistance fans from crying foul.
>>
Are people really exited for Legion?

I honestly don't get it. The miniatures look okay, but not great. The scale isn't fantastic. Have to paint the miniatures. Rules look more in line with Armada than X-wing. And it isn't like ground battles with grunts are what people really like about Star Wars.
>>
>>54982720
Yeah man, I'm really hyped.

YMMV, but the scale and having to paint don't bother me. It also looks a lot easier to understand than 40k or Bolt action.

>And it isn't like ground battles with grunts are what people really like about Star Wars.

Again, YMMV, but the popularity of the original Battlefront games says you're probably wrong there.

Fuck, a 'Star Wars not-40k' has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. X-Wing may scratch the rogue squadron itch, but this is going to be fucking cool.
>>
>>54982054
The problem with X Wing is Biggs. He's so much better than any other pilot that they can't give the ship a title that reduces points cost or gives it some other buff that'd make the other pilots worth their points because that would make Biggs go from extremely good to ridiculously OP.
>>
>>54982816

New Title: Not-Biggs.
>>
>>54982720
Fuck yes I'm excited. The Star Wars flavor is just incing on the cake. The streamlined gameplay is what's gonna net FFG a purchase from a burnt out, ex-40k player
>>
>>54982873
>The streamlined gameplay
It looks like a clusterfuck.
>>
I can't wait to see Star Wars: Empire at War units in Star Wars: Legion
>>
>>54982849
Biggs was eaten by a space poodle some time ago

>>54982873
They just need to take a leaf out of the GW marketing team of hooking kids to plastic figures straight out of 6th grade with their parents 'have some money, now fuck off and leave me alone' bucks burning in their pockets.
>>
>>54982960
Less of a clusterfuck than 40k. Move the unit commander and then keep everyone else in formation vs having to painstakingly measure every single fucking miniature I played Guard; only ones that had it worse were tyranid
No more fucking hit and wound charts (or vehicle wound charts) that slogged down gameplay

The list goes on; it's much more refreshing than other tabletop slogs that take hours
>>
>>54982960
>activating a unit at a time
>units get 2 actions
>move, fire, aim, or dodge
>Aim works a bit like a TL in Xwing
>Dodge works like Evade in Xwing
>Move and Shoot are pretty straightforward

>it looks like a clusterfuck

Fucking How?!
>>
>>54982720
>The miniatures look okay, but not great.
Agreed

>The scale isn't fantastic.
28mm is the ideal scale

>Have to paint the miniatures.
Welcome to wargaming

>Rules look more in line with Armada than X-wing.

You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>54979778
Maybe because it's much harder to miss with your fist than with your gun?
>>
>>54982816
>>54982849

Or they just make any X-Wing fix be PS6 and above. There's precedent for that with Black-1, Royal Guard TIE and A-Wing Test Pilot titles.

The problem there is that you can't make a Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron title do that because that would exclude Hobbie. Unless it worked mechanically in such a way that doesn't work with Biggs. Like a card that only gives you bonuses for not getting shot at or getting hit.
>>
>FFG in charge of ruler consistency
>>
>>54984629
Having it be pilot skill based doesn't help either since Biggs can take EPT bot and Veteran Instincts if the title is that good
>>
>>54984824

So which is the best one?

>>54984876

Yeah I thought that afterward. If we make it an EPT with a Skill ceiling that could work, but then that effectively makes it an EPT tax for the higher PS pilots with those slots.
>>
>>54966605
Well, if you know how to speak Turkish, you can come! We do it via internet anyway
>>54967014
Yes, thank you.
>>
Where can I learn more about tactics like Ackbar Slash etc?
>>
Does anyone know what it's the Q4 Store Tournament kit yet?
>>
File: Alliance Fleet Manouvers.png (785KB, 963x942px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Fleet Manouvers.png
785KB, 963x942px
>>54985207
Wookiepedia and the old WEG d6 books
>>
File: Alliance Fleet Stuff.png (1MB, 1445x953px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Fleet Stuff.png
1MB, 1445x953px
>>54985547
>>
File: Alliance Combat Speeder Tactics.png (500KB, 755x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Combat Speeder Tactics.png
500KB, 755x720px
>>54985555
All of these are from old WEG d6 books btw
>>
File: Alliance Starfighter Training.png (814KB, 1718x930px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Starfighter Training.png
814KB, 1718x930px
>>54985570
>>
File: Alliance Starfighter Training 2.png (393KB, 1041x747px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Starfighter Training 2.png
393KB, 1041x747px
>>54985580
>>
File: Alliance Letter of Marque.png (87KB, 1131x951px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Letter of Marque.png
87KB, 1131x951px
>>54985594
>>
File: XX-23 S-Thread Tracker.png (784KB, 802x1146px) Image search: [Google]
XX-23 S-Thread Tracker.png
784KB, 802x1146px
>>54985605
And for those of you who thought the XX-23 S-Thread Trackers were invented for SW: Rebels, this is from Cracken's Rebel Field Guide from WEG
>>
File: ZZ24E73BB2.jpg (478KB, 4000x2364px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ24E73BB2.jpg
478KB, 4000x2364px
>>54985669
Lot of the technical research and writing from that era of books was quite brilliant. Particularly the holonet descriptions and associated gubbins
>>
>>54955362
I'm with >>54970795 on being cautiously optimistic. I'll pick it up, but I'll keep playing fatty cakes.
>>
File: Random Mission Generator.png (273KB, 604x678px) Image search: [Google]
Random Mission Generator.png
273KB, 604x678px
Found this while trawling through my old WEG books.
>>
finally the fucking article is up
>>
>>54986895
Bullseye Arc looks cool. Seems a lot of the pilot abilities are based around it too.
>>
>>54986895
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/
>>
So Phantom II gives the Ghost a free coordinate action each turn.

Sounds kinda useless, giving up the double tap on fat ghosts for just 4-6 points, and the cheaper ones are stressed all the time.
>>
File: Meanwhile in the FFG Forums.jpg (33KB, 872x251px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile in the FFG Forums.jpg
33KB, 872x251px
>>54987106

People on the Forums are whining about how the arc is killing Imperial Aces again. Nevermind that the Bullseye arc is the width of a fucking range ruler and if you can't arc-dodge out of that how are you in any way an ace.
It's CLEARLY meant as Jumpmaster killer, taking out larger based ships that have been relying on infinite token works thanks to things like Manaroo, Mindlink and Overclocked.

Attempting to read the cleaner fan images only raises more questions than answers though in some cases.

Not the Jamming Beacon. That's going to be a 2pt (if that) Cannon with the Tractor Beams stats but it gives Jamming tokens instead of Tractor tokens.
If it does a point of damage as well it'll be 2pts. If not, 1pt.

Linked Batteries though? Not a fucking clue. I know it gives rerolls. I *think* it gives your cannons some rerolls when you attack inside your primary arc (which is a really pointless rule if true) or alternatively it's like Synced turret in that you get Rerolls equal to your Primary score with your cannons.

I'm still almost certain that the OS-1 title gives a Torp and Missile slot, and works the same way as the XG-1 title does except the limiting criteria is different. The word "Against" has me thinking it might be a range band. Like range 1 (god no). Range 2 might be more useful?

The forums have a decent theory that Scrambler missiles work like Ion Torpedoes. But with Jam tokens instead.

Oh well. I guess we'll have to wait until October to find out.
>>
>>54988122
Even being tiny the bullseye arc seems good as fuck, free omega leader effect, and the top pilot even gets free damage or full token stripping out of it, AND if you take the 1-point title you can stress them too. In comparison jam looks ultra underwhelming, removing/preventing a single token which as far as we can see necessitates hitting a jamming beam or missile in the first place.
>>
>>54988360

The thing about the Jam token is, as I'm reading it, you only remove Jam tokens when the target has a focus, evade or TL. If it DOESN'T have one of those, then the Jam token lingers.

So if you hit a target without any tokens, it stays jammed until it gains one of those tokens. So in that way it's anti-action economy. There are also no rules stating a ship can't have more than one Jam token, so a pair of SLAMMING Gunboats could double JAM a single target, making effectively the next two actions a remove Jam token actions.

Also, I'm not saying the Bullseye arc effect isn't great. What I'm saying is it's gonna require a lot of finesse to get it to work. You basically HAVE to have the Initiative advantage to get it to reliably work against small ships.
>>
>>54989087
>>54988122

Yeah, Bullseye is clearly a counter to mindlink shit and large ship shenanigans. Token ace shit is all supposed to be high PS repositioning, right?
>>
>>54985547
Thanks for these gems, anon. Is there any place I can download it?
>>
>>54989160
Check the "Older Star Wars Tabletop Games" pastebin in the OP. I found most of my WEG books there
>>
>>54989153

The top ace the Gila has could get up to Ps10 with VI, and he can token strip anything that gets into his Bullseye arc (or damage them, which would benefit dengar and Quickdraw actually) so he's going to be a big threat to just about everybody small or no. 27pts base is hardly breaking the bank either. Of course where it balances out is in the Gila's 1 evade and hopefully a less than amazing dial.
>>
>>54989087
The issue I see with jamming is it's anti-action economy that is going to add to the massive pile of control effects that shit on Y-wings, B-wings, ARCs, G1-As and the other clunky small ships that don't really need another thing to bring them down while being of moderate value against the jumpmasters they're clearly designed for and hardly making a dent in the other token stakers like x7 defenders, Corran, Soontir and the like who will most likely be able to shrug off the attacks meant to inflict the effect.
>>
>>54989087
>>54989495

Better question, does "JAMMED" actually mean anything or is it just a keyword for later - like maybe some upgrades will target JAMMED ships specifically.
>>
>>54989495
Soontir isn't really viable anymore and I don't think Corran and 7x defenders are that hot right now either, so making them better by comparison would probably be a good thing.
>>
>>54989087
Will Jam still add up to 2 stress to the target? If it does i can see Jam being a big shutdown for anything but Tycho, and a particular FUCK YOU to anyone running mindlink.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Actions#Jam
>>
>>54989495
>>54989620
Rexpert has pretty much pushed x7s out of the meta where i play.
>>
>>54989663

Jam Action and Jam Tokens are different mechanics.
>>
File: 200PercentSLAM.jpg (42KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
200PercentSLAM.jpg
42KB, 487x720px
>>54989835
Well damn. Still gonna get two XG-1s when they drop. Gotta SLAM and JAM all day
>>
File: 1468728578668s.jpg (12KB, 232x249px) Image search: [Google]
1468728578668s.jpg
12KB, 232x249px
How far can a moff go in terms of mass slaughter sprees? Say a spiced up stormtrooper goes into a rebel sympathetic town and unleashes his own anders brevic killimg spree and gun down a massive bodie count before coming back to the base soaked in blood?
>>
>>54989907
One moff went on a killing spree and murdered 2 billion civilians, and this wasn't his first time, so I don't think a stromtrooper taking care of (((partisans))) would be much of a problem.
>>
File: 1455648805853.jpg (165KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
1455648805853.jpg
165KB, 1600x912px
>>54989907
>How far
There is no such thing as "too far" when you're a Moff.
>>
Is the Scurrg worth it if I only play Rebels?
>>
>>54990074
Probably not unless you want to run it alongside Miranda as a very bomb heavy list.
>>
>>54990042
I mean having your soldiers be forced to do the deed then eat their corpses. Stomp on the skulls and stuff that isnt a strategic bombing. Shit that will cause most men doing this will go irrational/paranoid/abusive/fearful/hopeless/machochistic from the stress of the atrocity
>>
>>54989907
As long as he can spindoctor it and blame it on Rebels or subversive elements it's all fair game.

That village? Harbored rebels about to unleash a BioChem terror attack on [world capitol].
>Our ever-vigilant Stormtrooper Corp along with assistance from local COMPNOR forces approached the village on a inspection mission after a local Citizen reported suspicions behavior on the part of the alien population in the village. Entering the outskirts Imperial forces were fired upon by the village inhabitants. Our brave boys in white returned fire and advanced into the village proper, where heavy fighting broke out. After a cowardly counterattack by Rebel sympathizers sending out children armed with explosive belts, Stormtrooper and COMPNOR forces enacted a purge of the village, arresting one of the ring leaders and killing three more in the final push through the village. Several crates of explosive and biohazardous material was seized and destroyed on site.
>>
>>54990181

Why wouldnt vader and palp praise him for unapologetically cruel behavior?
>>
File: skywalker daycare technique.png (1MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
skywalker daycare technique.png
1MB, 1919x816px
>>54990116
>Shit that will cause most men doing this will go irrational/paranoid/abusive/fearful/hopeless/machochistic from the stress of the atrocity
Meanwhile, on Coruscant
>>
File: swx72_spread_legal.png (528KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
swx72_spread_legal.png
528KB, 700x512px
So for some discussion about the least interesting ship of wave 12, I gotta wonder why they bothered with Zeb and Ezra pilots for the Sheathipede since I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to use them, their abilities are pretty crap for a support ship and since the PS1 is probably cheaper than PS3 Zeb if you just want a pilot to sit docked to the ghost all day you'd just go for that one instead. Fenn on the other hand I really like the ability for a support ship since it gives a potentially very large impact but with a not-insignificant drawback. The new phantom title I think is pretty neat, enabling a support focused ghost build instead of the fin-rey-fcs death star build but I gotta wonder how often a free co-ordinate is worth a turret shot.

The Flight-whatever Astro looks like it might be some kind of fix for T-65s since it seems to give a free barrel roll after moving with a condition based on enemy arcs or enemies in arc, letting them have a repositioning option without having to give up integrated astro. Chopper I don't have a clue what he's supposed to do since all I can make out is "Action: ______ equipped ________ reco___" which I can't make any sense of.
>>
>>54990789

Ezra is in so he can use the Maul crew card it seems like. Zeb I have no idea, maybe his ability is just good enough and they didn't want to give anybody else to the shuttle.
>>
>>54990789

Ezra looks like he might have a new ability, and most people on the forums are pretty sure that's Maul second from the right on the fan and that he can only be taken with Ezra pilot.
Current working theory there is that he's a reverse Zuckuss, take stress to reroll attack dice.

Zeb is never gonna get used though since he's no longer the cheapest option.
>>
>>54990789

What even in in this game starts with the word "Reco..." anyway? Recon Specialist? That's pretty damn specific isn't it? It's a small r as well so it can't be that.
>>
>>54990876

"recover 1 shield token".

Best running theory I think is that Chopper ditches upgrades do recover shields.
>>
>>54990789
>the least interesting ship of wave 12
And yet it's the one I'm most hyped for. I love the Rebels stuff. My only gripe is the Ghost model will have Phantom I on the back.
>>
>>54990928

Great. More shield regen for reb... wait a fucking minute. Chopper doesn't have Rebel only on him.

Fucking hell. That can't be right can it?
>>
>>54990986

He's an Astromech upgrade, no point in Rebel Only they're the only ones with that slot.
>>
>>54991000

...shit, I thought he was a crew card.

...hang on, doesn't he work really well in a Y-Wing that's using a Bomb bay upgrade...and Extra Munitions? Oh shit, and Guidance Chips too.

Alternatively:

>Chopper uses his ability to discard Integrated Astromech before Integrated Astromech can discard him.
>"Psychotic Binary Noises intensifies"

Not that this would be a sensible thing to do in a game where Kylo Ren (crew) exists.
>>
>legion isn't out until 2018

but why

my hype engine is going to peak and begin to burn out in, like, two weeks
>>
>>54991069

Nope, Chop already has a crew card - a similar self destructive one which lets you perform actions while stressed but you take 1 damage.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he worked well on Ys, since that's the ship he was originally paired with.
>>
>>54990986
Really questionably useful shield regen, what upgrades are anything that carries astromechs going to have that they'll be willing to drop, which they would rather do than just take one of the regen astros? Are you going to put chopper on a T-70 with primed thrusters so you can one time only spend an action to get a shield for 1 point? Put it in a Y-wing to ditch unspent expensive ordnance? Even if he's 0 cost like his crew version I can hardly see him being worth it just due to the opportunity cost of not taking astros that let you do things better instead of one that gives you slightly discounted but heavily limited regen.
>>
>>54991153

I literally just said, put him on a Y-Wing. Put Guidance Chips and a Bomb Bay on it, those are two 0 cost upgrades you can feed to Chopper. Then you give the thing a TLT as usual. You know have a TLT carrier with just enough shield regen as it's probably going to be able to use for 24pts. Or go completely nuts and give a Synced Turret and Title.
...which you probably can't eat I'm guessing?
>>
>>54991153
if he's 0 points he'd see play on cheap X-wings just to be jettisoned by the IA.

>>54991228
Put in on a BLT-A4 Y-wing with guidance chips, TLT (or any other turret) and two bomb bays

On the first pass you have the extra damage of your primary, then ditch the title and turn into a standard turret carrier.

>>54990789
Ezra kinda synergizes with the stessbot+gunner/tactitian combo
>>
File: SWTIEFighter.jpg (1MB, 1514x1920px) Image search: [Google]
SWTIEFighter.jpg
1MB, 1514x1920px
I just realized with Aturi-cluster Materials and the upcoming Gunboat you can reasonably recreate the TIE Fighter video game as a RPG campaign using X-Wing minis (various epic ships standing in for the larger ships used in certain missions, or even Armada minis)
>>
I started playing Armada around wave 5, what's a typical FFG product launch look like?

Do they usually take preorders this far in advance? How long before release will the rules go up?
>>
>>54992897

With Armada?
>>
>>54992897

Sorry, I switched to legacy captcha and I didn't realise it would do that.

Basically: The preview a wave. Several months later they start doing individual spoilers for ships in it.
Usually retailers will have pre-orders up within a week of the first preview article, along with an ETA that is at that time a completely random stab in the dark, that will get more accurate the closer to release it gets.
>>
>>54993149
>>54993114
I meant the launch of Legion
>>
Someone of the FFG forums might have cracked what Linked Batteries might do.

Linked Batteries

"When you make
"A Primary weapon attack or
"<Cannon> Secondary weapon attack you
"may reload your <torp> and <missile> upgrade cards.

Now, the wordings a little odd, normally you'd see the term "you may perform a free [whatever] action." used. But what if "You may reload" is the non-action verb? The equivalent of "Acquire a Target Lock" or "You may Acquire a Focus/Evade Token"?

If Linked Batteries are 2pts or less, that opens up some GREAT possibilities not just for the XG-1 titled Gunboat (where it has a fantastic synergy with Vynder) but it also gives a much needed buff to Unique B-Wing pilots.
There's at least two B-Wing pilots who would benefit from a reload action for their torpedoes. Nera Dantels obviously, but Tem Numb with the ability to reload Proton Torpedoes has options as well, better ones than just a Mangler? Maybe not.
But consider keyan with Plasma's and LB's as they are presented here instead of his usual HLC?
>>
>>54993324

if that lets you flip a munition without getting a weapons disable token, that's nuts. I don't see why gun batteries would link to your bomb load
>>
File: jVtZSLe_d.jpg (15KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
jVtZSLe_d.jpg
15KB, 203x248px
>someday, the Legion subforum will not consist purely of shitposting Imperial Assault players
>but it is not this day
>>
>>54993361

Reload doesn't work for bombs, missiles and torps only.
And it's less obtuse than half the stuff in X-Wing at this point.
Plus you DO still need to make an attack to reload, so basically you go Torps - Guns - Torps - Guns.
And in the case of the B-Wing, that means keeping someone in their arc of fire to reload, which that things dial is in NO WAY a certainty.

Unless you're Keyan with Stay on Target and Advanced Sensors. God I've had fun with that build.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>Star Wars The Card Game
>Star Wars Edge of the Empire
>Star Wars X-Wing
>Star Wars Age of Rebellion
>Star Wars Empire vs Rebellion
>Star Wars Rebellion
>Star Wars Imperial Assault
>Star Wars Force And Destiny
>Star Wars Armada
>Star Wars Legion

Kill me
>>
Legion vs IA
>>
>>54993868

6' vs 5'11.jpg
>>
File: manlets.gif (2MB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
manlets.gif
2MB, 500x272px
>>54993868
Little short for a stormtrooper, aren't you?
>>
>>54993868
Belisarius Cawl's been visiting Kamino, I see.
>>
>>54985851
okay this one is really nice
>>
>>54993868
Look the same to me since Legion will crash and burn like IA.
>>
>>54993386
>go to FFG forum to see what kind of discussion is going on.
>"if IA isn't compatible with Legion I won't buy"
>"FFG please release painted miniatures!!! :("
>"where is the AT-AT?!?!?"
>"how come they didn't choose a smaller scale??"
>etc. Etc. Etc.
>come to /tg/

I know it's early because we know very little about the game, But the negativity is killing my hype a little bit.

Goid thing that Star Wars: Legion is going to become on of the most popular tabletop skirmish games once it's released.

In another note. How hard do you guys think it'll be to convert the rebel AT-RT to have a scout trooper riding it?
>>
>>54995941
>skirmish game

K.
>>
File: tie-bomber-imp-vet-600px.gif (3MB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
tie-bomber-imp-vet-600px.gif
3MB, 600x375px
Hey you guys got webms of the TIE bomber from that fan made Imperial short?
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (138KB, 738x1083px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
138KB, 738x1083px
>>54954073

Anybody got stats for this thing? It looks cool, I might use it in a game I've got coming up.
>>
>>54993386
>Game is unpopular so no one posts
>game becomes popular enough that they force images and jokes onto a subsubthread to "encourage discussion" so no one posts

No matter how you slice it Reddit is always shit
>>
File: X-Wing Minis Assault Gunboat.png (537KB, 700x513px) Image search: [Google]
X-Wing Minis Assault Gunboat.png
537KB, 700x513px
>>54991934
>the upcoming Gunboat
Wait, what

Oh fuck its real

OH FUCK MY BONER IS MOVING ON ITS OWN
>>
>>54997599

Are you ready to SLAM and JAM?
>>
File: You are already Slammed.jpg (302KB, 1244x1400px) Image search: [Google]
You are already Slammed.jpg
302KB, 1244x1400px
>>54997682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uicWVuOZQA
>>
Still no:
>N1 Naboo Fighter
>Vulture Droid Fighter
>Delta-7 Aethersprite (or Delta 6)
>Eta-2 Actis
>Skipray Blastboat
>TIE/D

Why does FFG hate the prequels?
>>
>>54982960

What? It looks MUCH more streamlined and well designed than most skirmish-scale wargames out there.

It's looking tight as fuck.
>>
>>54990935
The Phantom I is surprisingly easy to cut out. Just cut along the back of the shuttle and it'll pop right out. I hated deploying the Phantom only for the Ghost to still appear to have the thing docked.
>>
>>54997599

>>Mareek Steele leading Rho Flight.

>> "Just like old times."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXJFEXBIZg
>>
>>54995941
Yeah, it's real bad. Lots of whining.

Sure, we don't have much to discuss yet, and there's no established core fanbase of posters yet. But that doesn't mean there needs to be 6 complaint threads per specific complaint, especially when those threads are just "skub", "me too thanks" for four pages.

Like, if you're an X-Wing/Armada baby, painting probably sounds super spooky, I get it.

But this thread did a better job piecing together all the information and cards revealed so far than the subforum did.
>>
As someone who plays Malifaux, Warmachine, and 40k I'll probably pick up Legion.

The gameplay looks solid and it seems streamlined as hell.

I'll pick up the starter even if it's just to paint it. But I hope it takes off.

It probably won't have much staying power DESU. Miniature gamers like faction options, and Rebel vs Imperial won't keep many occupied for long.
>>
>>54980200

Aim = re-roll 2 blanks

Precise 1 = re-roll one additional blank

stormies have Precise 1

There is an upgrade card that gives Precise 1 (Targeting Scopes), costbunknown, unknown if stacks with stormie special rule

FYI - rocket stormie (HH-12) costs 34 pts, rolls 3 black dice, Impact 3
>>
>>54980365

DLT-19 also has Impact 1
>>
>>54991083

legion core set Q4 2017
>>
>>54998658
game demo people have said that stuff is meant to stack, so stormies with Targeting Scopes re-roll 4 dice
>>
>>54998729
Stormie?
>>
>>54999087
stormtroopers.
>>
File: Vaya-class scout.jpg (26KB, 477x260px) Image search: [Google]
Vaya-class scout.jpg
26KB, 477x260px
Hey guys, my group and I want to buy a starship and are trying to find a floorplan/schematic of a Vaya-class scout ship, but so far have turned up diddly. We reached this one after several hours of debating what we wanted and needed in the vessel, and we just need a layout for our GM. Does anyone have one, or have a program to create one?
>>
>>54999144
So just say Stormtrooper. You don't need a pet name for fucking everything.
>>
>>54999296

kys
>>
>>54999296
>being this autistic
>>
File: Z7HeRxU.png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Z7HeRxU.png
361KB, 512x512px
>>54999296
>>
File: He then jogged away.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
He then jogged away.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>54999296
>>
File: Moffship.png (101KB, 826x527px) Image search: [Google]
Moffship.png
101KB, 826x527px
>>54999148
And I'm looking for the layout of a Moffship.
>>
File: stormies.gif (1MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
stormies.gif
1MB, 450x253px
STORMIES!
>>
>>54997744
No, thanx. Enjoy another underprised scum junk and fuck off.
>>
>>54999909

AW SHIT, HE'S GOT A GHETTO BLASTER, EVERYBODY HIT THE DECK.

Also if that motherfucker isn't blaring the star wars gangsta rap it would be a crime
>>
>>54999961
Ghetto Blaster 2 Red Dice Impact 1 Pierce 1

Now for a real stat line

MPL-57 3 Red Dice Impact 1 Ion 1
>>
>>54999148

If you've got the comparitive size of the thing, just look at some floorplans of similar sizes and just draw your own my dude
>>
File: Alliance Privateer Targets P1.png (315KB, 875x985px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Privateer Targets P1.png
315KB, 875x985px
More goodies from WEG books. This time it's Alliance Privateer legitimate targets
>>
File: Alliance Privateer Targets P2.png (299KB, 879x997px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Privateer Targets P2.png
299KB, 879x997px
>>55001719
and page 2
>>
>>54997682
>>54997726

Does anyone have the custom card image of the mik'al jor-dan slam/jam card? I swear I had it saved but I can't find it.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184147.jpg (226KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184147.jpg
226KB, 2048x1152px
>>54998729
>>54998658
Precise 1 says "reroll 1 additional die", so I don't see any reason RAW it wouldn't stack. And they were presented together on stage.

If white dice are hit/crit/surge and five blanks, then four Stormtroopers will average 1.5 hits. With Precise 2 and an aim token, that improves to 2.43894 hits.

Conversely, if black dice are 3 hits, a crit, and a surge, then four Rebel Troopers average 2 hits. (I dunno how to do the math on [roll 4, reroll up to two]).

Stormtroopers with Precise 2 average 0.8129 wounds dealt into Rebels when aiming, 0.5 when not aiming.

Rebels average 1 wound delt into Stormtroopers when not aiming.

Take cover and dodge into account, and the numbers get more complicated. Weight of dice on a given target seems important, as does Pierce or flanking to negate cover.
>>
>>55001847
>Precise 1 says "reroll 1 additional die", so I don't see any reason RAW it wouldn't stack. And they were presented together on stage.

If I remember rightly, in the Covenant play through video he mentions that things stack up like that.
So yeah, if you put scopes on Stormies they should have Precise 2
>>
>>55001847

Inthink, given they have precise, stormies are meant to shoot from cover, moving as little as possible - probably with a cover-negating DLT-19 in tow

rebel troopers, having ni,ble and clearly not having to rely on aim, are meant to be maneuverable; sort of cuts against their Z-9, which wants aim and targeting scopes (their other weapon, the MPL-57 doesn't help greatly herevrelative to its cost)
>>
>>55001981

sorry about my shit typing elegan/tg/entlemen
>>
>>54977388
AT-RT with Rotary Blaster is 85 points, throws 5 black dice at range 3 (fixed front, but that's not a big deal).

Max squad of base Rebel Troopers is 50 points, throws 5 black dice at range 3.

So you're paying a 35 point premium for the AT-RTs durability.

Conversely, the Rebel Troopers have 3 upgrade slots left (specialist, grenade, weapon attachment?), versus the AT-RT's one (comms?), so an average squad may run even closer than that.

Seems pretty worth, especially since there's so little anti-armor in the core set if you dodge Vader and Rebels don't put the canon on their walkers.
>>
>>54993545
You forgot Destiny.
>>
new thread when
>>
File: ISS or TIE.png (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ISS or TIE.png
1MB, 2048x2048px
NASA claims this is a composite photo of the shadow of the ISS moving across the sun.

But I put it to you, /swg/
Is it actually a flight of TIE fighters.
>>
>>55002509

nah, it's sandpeople... they always fly single file to conceal their numbers.
>>
File: Swx52-tie-d.png (182KB, 250x386px) Image search: [Google]
Swx52-tie-d.png
182KB, 250x386px
>>54997744
>>TIE/D
The Defender's been around for ages, though. Or are you talking about the TIE Droid?
>>
Are there still not proper .pdf:s of the Star Wars RPG from FFG? Is FFG operating in the fucking 90's?
>>
>>55003149
IIRC, that's due to an issue with contracts and licensing due to the interpretation of the term "electronic games" or some shit. To avoid legal headaches, FFG probably doesn't do PDFs in case some lawyer or judge counts RPG PDFs as "electronic gaming."
>>
>>55003149
>>55003221

Yeah. This goes back to when WotC had the license - apparently due to the way that the licensing and contracts were written, PDFs for the RPG actually were considered video games.

For some reason they didn't get a revised contract/license when WotC gave it up.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.