[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 50

File: 1503080042188.png (3MB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1503080042188.png
3MB, 1060x1500px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Victory Edition

What does your character do after a hard fought victory?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54937280
>>
Before people inevitably ask, Dead Suns AP #1 details:

Dump starts here: >>54925249 (Cross-thread)
Or download here: https://mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY
>>
>>54942434
Ban this faggot falseflagging OP please mods
>>
Suppose that you've got two parties, one with four PCs and another with five PCs. Assuming identical chargen rules and similar levels of optimization across the board, how many levels up from the larger party would the smaller party need to be in order for a fight between them to be even? Generally speaking, of course.

>>54942650
Okay, what nonsense did I miss while I was at work today?
>>
>>54942781
this is an idiotic question and depends on so many factors that you must be trying to start shit
>>
>>54942781
Considering that different classes will have serious effects on who can manage what to whom, the question is unsolvable with the little information we have. With your suggestions 4 casters will take 5 martials instantly, but 5 initiators will take 4 casters almost certainly.
>>
Let's say I'm a Roil dancer + kinetic Knight kineticist. Is iron tortoise worth it?
>>
File: gabo-romero-gaboleps-marte.jpg (414KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
gabo-romero-gaboleps-marte.jpg
414KB, 990x1400px
dedicated star finder thread is over here
>>54940855
>>54940855
>>54940855
>>54940855
>>
/pgg/, I'm a new GM and bad at coming up with treasure. What's some good CR3-4 treasure for a dungeon?
>>
>>54943867
Depends, how big is your party?
>>
>>54944014
4 people.
It's an "abandoned" mage's tower if that matters. Lots of constructs, undead, and such
>>
File: 1495335971550.jpg (45KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495335971550.jpg
45KB, 600x300px
>>54944083
Okay, that works out in your favor, because 4 PCs to a party is what the game normally assumes. There's a handy table in the gamemastering section which can help you figure out how much treasure to hand out for a given encounter.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/#Table-Treasure-Values-per-Encounter

The slow, medium, and fast columns refer to the different EXP tracks, so you can probably ignore them. If you're just giving your PCs as much experience as the bestiary entries say their enemies are worth, you only care about the medium column. It says a CR 4 encounter should come with around a 1,150 GP reward. But, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1) The numbers on that table are PER ENCOUNTER. So, when you say a CR 4 dungeon, if you mean a dungeon that contains three different CR 4 fights, you'll actually want to include three times 1,150 GP in the dungeon.

2) Wealth by level isn't an exact science. Putting in a little more or less treasure than the tables indicate won't hurt.

3) The treasure doesn't need to be just coins. You could include 150 GP and an item worth 1,000 GP instead of 1,150 GP, for example. You can also use stuff like gems or art objects instead of coins; mixing things up like that helps make treasure interesting.

4) Adding on to the last point, I still try to keep most of the treasure in the form of money, gems, etc instead of as magic items or other gear only one person can take. The party can split the loot more evenly that way.

5) I often count consumable items like scrolls or potions as only a fraction of their actual value for WBL stuff, since they're used once and gone.

6) You don't have to award the loot immediately after an encounter. A party in a dragon's cave might fight through 3 encounters with no reward but then kill the dragon and find a hoard worth as much as all four encounters should have been worth combined.

7) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items

This page is your friend.
>>
>>54944538
Thank you so much
>>
>>54944558
>>54944538
I'd also toss in (at a slight discount) some weird research stuff that might be worth more if they can get it to another researcher.
An alchemist's tabletop that boils or cools anything set on the appropriate side, a restraint system for holding big undead nasties in place, an apprentice's side joke project wand that turns things bright green, etc.
Don't just pick random items, think about what they would have been used for. Unless it wasn't abandoned in a hurry, for example, it would be very odd for a golemry not to have ironworking/stoneworking/etc. tools.
>>
File: 1427746767835.jpg (1MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1427746767835.jpg
1MB, 1280x1707px
>>54944558
You're welcome, good luck with your game, and may your players' items not be shitty Tian Xian knock-offs.
>>
>>54943867
Give them 4 rings of Freedom of Movement. Trust me.
>>
File: 1497918549630.jpg (49KB, 422x602px) Image search: [Google]
1497918549630.jpg
49KB, 422x602px
>>54942434
She bullies the cleric until her(male) pupils turn into hearts, of course!
>>
>>54942434
First one shrugs and moves on

Second one thanks Desna

Third one writes it down in a memorable fashion so he can boast about it later

Fourth one takes a sippy of tea to numb the horrors of having killed something

Fifth one does occult thingies, I don't know, haven't had a chance to develop him further
>>
>>54942434
>1
Praises the Sun and her companions
>2
Gloats and drinks heavily
>3
Praises the skill and mettle of his companions
>>
>>54942434
After privately being a little surprised that she's still alive, she checks to make sure her team is still standing, and then takes a brief moment to straighten herself up to as prim and proper as she can get after a fight.
>>
>>54945072
That second guy sounds very self-destructive.
>>
>>54945223
You have no idea. Definitely an alcoholic, no real friends, despises only known family member.
It's a sad life, but if you drown the sadness in gold, wine, and blood, it isn't so bad. Besides, it's naive to think there's more to life than that!
>>
Been traveling for a move halfway across the country and just found time to shitpost. What's the view of Starfinder so far?
>>
>>54945254
Do they really have no true friends? Is there nobody who's opened up to them, and believes in them?
>>
>>54945291
Ask in the dedicated Starfinder thread. You'll get more feedback, I think.
>>
>>54945291
It's shit, nothing works.

It's perfect, it fixes everything!

It's meh, nothing bad or good about it

I WANT TO BE MARRY A CUTE LIZARD SOLDIER ICON

James Jacobs is a hack!

James Jacobs is a genius!

Starfinder hates white people and straight people

Starfinder is fair about all creeds of life!!

And there, I have simulated 95% of starfinder related posts that are not in-depth mechanical questions.
>>
>>54945307

thanks lad; been a hectic week and missed out
>>
>>54945320
No worries, chief. You're doing great.
>>
File: 026.jpg (34KB, 624x608px) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
34KB, 624x608px
>>54945318
>Starfinder hates white people and straight people

>Starfinder is fair about all creeds of life!

this doesnt please me at all
>>
>>54945254
I want to give them a hug and tell them they're better than they think they are.
>>
File: Sexual Junction Workers.jpg (215KB, 1280x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Sexual Junction Workers.jpg
215KB, 1280x1109px
>>54945344
Them's the bones of when somebody brings the topic up. And trying to pipe in with an opinion other than either extreme, you get pic related as a reply or somebody tells you to get the fence post out of their ass and choose a side.

And like Hasture, with this third post on the topic, the King in /pol/ shall rise and bring about race discussions, unless somebody packed C4 with them
>>
>>54945291
It's hard to say without having played with it too extensively, but it's pretty much what we figured. Some aspects are improved, some aspects are worse. Still it's an exciting time since people are still trying to figure out how all the different pieces fit together properly.
>>
>>54945295
I didn't say that, Anon, but you can't go trusting folks. That's a mug's game.
>>
>>54945423
But doesn't a mug of ale taste so much sweeter when there is somebody to share it with?
>>
>>54945441
>sharing ale
That means less ale for me, stupid.
>>
>>54945423
A mug I must be, then. I'd still drink with them.
>>
Welcome back to another episode of "GM Wishes He Was Anywhere Else But Here"
>>
>>54945476
Tell me your troubles, anon.
>>
>>54945476
Even chained up in my basement with my bully pole in your behind?
>>
>>54945487
I mean, as long as you've got wifi.
>>
>>54945389
>>54945464
>>54945441
>ITT: Gullible Anons
When will /pgg/ learn? Maybe some misadventures in space will kill your optimistic spirits.
>>
>>54945506
He does, but he won't give you the password.
>>
>>54945487
Is that a literal pole or euphemism for your penis?
>>
>>54945506
Damn straight, I'll even leave you with one free hand while I'm working that booty.
That's real hospitality.
>>
File: 1502851415984.gif (3MB, 569x367px) Image search: [Google]
1502851415984.gif
3MB, 569x367px
>>54945519
>>
>>54945521
Is the answer to that really going to change your opinion on the matter?
>>
>>54945521
What do you think, Anon?
>>
>>54945526
That's right kind of you, I must say. I'll be right over.
>>
>>54945513
>Being this cynical
Go to a circus, have a day on the beach, visit a fancy party with like minded people and travel to an exotic land to see how they have fun. Maybe you might finally crack a smile and realize just how fun fun is.
>>
So Bones and Bed Shackles is pretty much a confirmed bamboozle. Are you disappointed?

Would you re-use the character you apped with for another game? Would you PM one of the other characters in that game, even now?
>>
So let me rant a bit, I don't really bother with you guys since y'all are weird
>Ask GM if we can pursue downtime activities
>He agrees
>Ask him again later on since It was really important to my character's motivations
>He once again agrees
>Finally reach level where it starts being viable
>NPC that has gave the party trouble in a social encounter starts harassing me and trying to shake me down
>I do my best to fend them off and get back to business
>Every time I stop in town to pursue my precious downtime the NPC is there to be a thorne
>I once again ask the GM if downtime is ok
>He says its perfectly fine
>NPC eventually asks me to met in remote place
>Probably wants to duel me
>I kill the bitch
>GM gets mad at me

Literally why? I have done everything he wanted of me for so many books and he has to start being a cunt so far into the campaign.
>>
File: 1599px-Sickening_lelf.png (1MB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1599px-Sickening_lelf.png
1MB, 1599x1066px
>>54945859
>being naive enough to think it wasn't a bambie
>>
>PCs start the campaign exploring some spooky pace like an ghost town, abandoned monastery, or ruined castle
>Place is dangerous in a mundane sort of way, little creepy, but nothing that seems terribly alarming
>After slaying some monsters and reaching the end of their investigation, the PCs find some tunnel/secret passage/basement that leads down into the earth
>Discover a sprawling underground complex that nobody would have expected, whose purpose is hard to determine
>PCs find a strange [plot artifact] and accidentally set it off, everybody passes out
>Waking up, the PCs all find themselves weakened (some number of actual levels removed, like removed-removed, not just negative levels) and hear/see ominous things, door they came in through is now gone or magic sealed
>Silent, full-power doppelgangers of the PCs are running about in the place now, each operating separately but all hunting the PCs down
>Level drop is significant enough that at first fighting the clones is near suicidal, but after regaining some of their strength and/or leveling up from exploring the massive underground dungeon, the party eventually becomes strong enough to take them on
>Party must defeat each clone before they can open the passage into the heart of the facility and confront [true BBEG who has been foreshadowed] in order to escape

Is this a bad idea or a terrible one? Would you just up and quit a game if this happened? Assume the players are told beforehand they will receive a power-down of X levels after a "prologue" (the short section before they become trapped underground) but not any specific details about how or why. Going for a very vaguely horror-ish (more in the vein of unsettling surroundings and a fear of the unknown) or at least "You are being hunted" vibe.
>>
>>54945859
I still want to bang the shark.
>>
>>54945906

Did you assert that they did, in fact, want to duel you? If not, that's just murder-and murdering NPCs out of the blue usually doesn't endear one to the GM.
>>
>>54945533
Well, it might move me from reluctant acceptance to eager acceptance. But if you wanna keep it as a surprise, I can live with that.
>>
>>54945906
>love confessions gone wrong
>>
>>54945964
The NPC kept fucking with my shop and scaring away my patients, leaving when I attempt to confront them. They were some sort of town police so I assumed it was a corrupt shakedown.

I was confident with my PC's ability to fight and kill but only when I had the advantage in surprise so naturally I would fight this armored guard with a battleaxe on my terms before she could buff up.
>>
File: Tachibana.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tachibana.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>54946012
See this is why tsunderes don't work with folks who have a real-life mind controlling them.
>>
>>54945859
I knew there was high chance of boozling when I applied. I'm still a little disappointed.

No, I don't think I would. I feel like reusing a previous character is sort of disrespectful towards the GM. I've done it exactly once, and I still regret it.

No, I wouldn't PM anyone, even though I liked a lot of the characters.
>>
>>54946076
You really think so? Yeah, I agree that anime hijinks dont work in real life specially when everyone has the potential to be deadly.
>>
>>54946076
Her last words: "B-baka..."
>>
File: 1466400180015.jpg (129KB, 838x592px) Image search: [Google]
1466400180015.jpg
129KB, 838x592px
>>54945906
>>54946076
No, this is why tsunderes need to go dere as well.
>>
>>54946172
It was more of a john snow moment except an angry chemical lycanthrope was mauling this battleaxe bitch.
>>
>>54946252
She just wanted to confess, you baka hentai! But seriously, I'm not sure what the fuck he was planning.
>>
>>54945859
I'm more disappointed that the GM disappeared than anything. They seemed nice.
>>
>>54946313
Now that its over I was also equally angry. It was a cold based campaign and my beastmorph was finally getting mummification. I asked him if it was ok and he said yes while sending an NPC to stop me while I was prepping.
>>
>>54946330
A tad parched.
>>
>>54946330
It wae an abvious bamboozle from the start and is probably the same guy from cabal crown and iron gods.

I fucking warned you pricks and you didnt listen. I'm also pretty sure he was the same guy from way of the wicked.
>>
>>54946149
>>54946177
It's more an issue of... In media, you'll see the 'dere' parts, like their inner monologues, etc.

But in reality? Total bitch just snapped at you for no reason, possibly actually did something to ruin your day as well, and then walked off. Oh. Well fuck you too then.
>>
>>54946412
I was scared that I would get my character axe fucked in his sleep while the mummification process was setting in. So better safe than sorry and better her than me.
>>
>>54946466
See, that's EXACTLY what I mean! Reason!
>>
>>54946466
That's the kind of thinking that breaks the GM's comfy waifu shenanigans. Shame on you for using reason instead of your libido to gauge a situation.

She could have also had some bullshit quest, but whatever. GM should learn to roll with the punches. It wasn't an unreasonable assessment.
>>
>>54945859
sauce?
>>
>>54946649
Alfredo, if you would be so kind.
>>
One time, two of my players had left a pouch of strange alchemical things they stole from a suspected evil noble with the owner of the local alchemy shop, asking him to try and determine what it was.

When they came back later, he told them what it was and wanted to call the guards because the whole situation was pretty sketchy and he thought the guards should know the noble had it. Well, the guards had already caught the PCs snooping around and told them to leave the criminal investigations to law enforcement officers. So the PCs didn't want the guard involved.

Some threats come out when the store owner refuses to hand the pouch over to the PCs, but the threats are only meant to intimidate him into cooperation. The two PCs didn't really have intentions of backing their words up if it came to it. The alchemist moves to grab a bottled something from his belt, and initiative gets rolled. The alchemist goes last.

The first PC points his sword at the shopkeeper and warns, "Make any sudden moves and I'll stab you." The second PC uses Greater Steal to swipe the pouch from the shopkeeper's hand without him even noticing. The owner of the store then makes a sudden movement (trying to drink his extract of Invisibility to run for it) but takes an AoO and gets stabbed by the first PC.

Well, it turns out the first PC's player assumed this alchemist would be high level, and his character thought he'd be a tough guy. But he only had a couple levels, and not a lot of HP. When his PC gets a crit on the AoO and rolls almost max, it kills the alchemist outright.

It was really funny to watch my players argue at each other as if they had actually accidentally committed murder, and then describe how they attempt to casually leave the store and walk as fast as they can without looking suspicious until they're past the town gates, before booking it back to the rest of the party and telling everyone the party needs to leave and never come back.

I just wanted to share a story.
>>
>>54946648
Funny, whenever I've thought with my dick the GM tries to cut it off. Whenever I think with my head, the GM turns out to have been trying to bed my character. And whenever I think with my heart, my GM had nothing planned at all and had to shut me down.
>>
>>54946708
https://youtu.be/mPVpMxVn6mk
>>
>>54946704
I absolutely love when PCs overestimate a threat and use excessive force. I think it's the funniest shit. I try to give clues so they don't misjudge, but when they do, I'm always in stiches.
>>
>>54946648
Maybe I'm a scrub but this is my first time playing a module and it has been ROUGH for us. You cant blame me for being weary. I'm finally about to catch my break and I cant help but be suspicious of the npc that tried to fuck us over as we first tried to enter the town.
>>
File: terran_medic_girl.jpg (297KB, 710x919px) Image search: [Google]
terran_medic_girl.jpg
297KB, 710x919px
Question for an upcoming starship battle

Don't know if I missed it, but can a ship use a coilgun to fire on a tracking weapon say a Light Plasma Torpedo that's on the map and destroy it before it makes contact?

What AC and HP would the torpedo have?
>>
>>54946704

>Accidentally committed murder

I'm always surprised how often I see that phrase on /tg/.
>>
>>54946941
Oh, I'm not blaming you in truth, it was a reasonable assessment of the situation. You might want to use nonlethal next time. If you're a natural attacker, there's no penalty for choosing it over lethal.
>>
>Campaign is about defeating the four horsemen
>Started on the region ruled by Death, rolled a character who wanted to see his homeland liberated and his people restored to what they once were
>We complete all the quests the DM prepared for that region for now, so we're told to go to the other regions
>My character refuses, as he believes that every moment spent away from his homeland's soil is a moment wasted
>One party member argues that he should see it as just gathering more power to complete the goal
>Gets mad and calls me a contrarian retard when I say that my character disagrees and believes that if the party spends too long away from the island, their enemy will grow too strong for them
Why are people not allowed to disagree?
>>
How would you homerule so that different weapon damages offer different advantages? Something like:

Blunt > Better at hurting people in armour, lower damage
Pierce > Middle of the road.
Slash > Better at killing fleshy opponents, top damage.

Or something of the style
>>
>>54947141
Because that makes them contrarian retards, you contrarian retard. Wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>54947151
Possibly provide bonuses based on armor type the weapon is striking?
>>
>>54947085
Shit, maybe I should have done that.
>>
>>54947296
Lol, there's always next time. People forget options and make mistakes. Whatever.
>>
File: thinkingemojieggplantemoji.png (1MB, 1912x1531px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingemojieggplantemoji.png
1MB, 1912x1531px
>TFW you will never be thought of like this
>>
I want to party a Drow!
>>
>>54947372
You or your character? If you, take it to /soc/ or PM THEM.
>>
>>54947372
I'm a high school teacher. I'm always thought of like this.. Especially when I wear my loincloth, and dance my powerful haka in front of the class.
>>
>>54947372
Let's be honest here, is there ANYONE here seen like that?
>>
>>54947141
Sounds like the real problem was that you were probably holding up the game with your character's insistence on staying put. You can play whatever you want in Pathfinder, but that doesn't mean that whatever you want doesn't still need to play nicely with the party and the plot.

Calling names OOC is a low blow though, woulda been better if the situation could have just been talked through like adults.

>>54947151
That's basically what DR based on damage type already is. Bludgeoning weapons are great for breaking bones, that's why it overcomes skeleton's DR. It's easy to cut bits off a zombie's rotting body, so slashing trumps its DR. Piercing... Can't think of anything off the top of my head with DR pierced by piercing, but it's the good for fighting underwater, isn't it?
>>
>>54947443
Captain Slow, for some reason.
>>
>>54944083
>undead
onyx gems other necromancy themed value goods

>constructs
the construct itself or rare parts from them

>mage's tower
dude magic and cursed items

good old fashioned gold is also acceptable. check out the gamemastering chapter in CRB it helps out immensely with designing encounters and loot caches
>>
>>54947418
Therein lies the problem. Being told to PM THEM makes you the one displaying desire, and thus weakness. You are in essence begging, competing with all others who PM THEM for attention. They are well within their rights to reject and ridicule you for being so foolish as to make your overtures.

If you are instead the one who is the object of another's desire, you will feel no such inadequacy, and may accept or let down offers from those who PM THEM at your leisure. You will feel confident, attractive, and stronger for having control over the conversation when you are PMed by THEM.
>>
Animate Dead requires a single onyx worth 25 GP per HD of the thing you're reanimating. But how is a necromancer suppose to know how many HD the thing has? Is it something they can learn with a knowledge check? If so is it Religion because undead or just whatever knowledge would identify the monster like normal? Do they magically learn how many HD something has before they attempt to cast Animate Dead? Or do they just have to guess and if they guess wrong then poo-poo Mr. Necromancer you just wasted a lot of money on nothing?
>>
>>54947490
Then post your dick on /soc/ with your Discord, and feel the control, I guess.
>>
File: PZO7101-Navasi_360.jpg (80KB, 360x869px) Image search: [Google]
PZO7101-Navasi_360.jpg
80KB, 360x869px
don't pretend like you wouldn't eat her out just to see if the carpet matches the drapes
>>
>>54947510
I don't recall there being a way RAW, so give them a knowledge check, if you want. Or just tell them.
>>
>>54947951
You don't need to, I'm pretty sure it's nothing that hasn't been posted all over the infosphere before.
>>
>>54947951
I'd eat her out to eat her out.
>>
>>54947951
What's wrong with her arm?
>>
Which are more dangerous, poisons or diseases?
>>
>>54948255
poison

old age can kill you faster than disease
>>
>>54948267
Unless it's the SUPERPLAGUE from Unlucky Red Chair.
>>
>>54948255
Poisons are more common, though immunity to poisons is more common. Unchained rules or vanilla?
>>
>>54948370
Just vanilla. I figured diseases are rare but generally more dangerous overall, since poisons are often something you get exposed to and which take effect during combat. Diseases would need to be more dangerous to make up for the fact that the PC probably isn't in a fight when they suffer.

Although I guess that's stupid, since disease and poisons probably aren't balanced against each other like that or made to be a certain level of threat.
>>
>>54946649

The same artist who does Childhood Destruction. Can't remember name.

Also, just randomly I was invited to join of PF game and I decided to try and use a whitehair witch. What are some ideas for an "optimal" build?
>>
Is there any /tg/ material on writing new settings? A big page with stuff like 'don't make a low-power setting with a high-power system', 'avoid theme park design', etc?
>>
>>54948721

Not that I know of. Standard practice seems to be to just post what you have down, and if it's stupid and it sucks, people will tell you as much.
>>
>>54948763
Not sure I'm at that stage. Still working out power level, tech level, and what to do about planes.
>>
>>54948779
Just shove in a bunch of ladies with fat tats, ladies(male) with delicious flat chests, and horrible monsters with big hips that want to fuck. /pgg/ will eat that shit right up.
>>
>>54948895
I almost vomited
>>
>>54949023
Damn. I'm getting rusty. Hopefully future shitposts will be higher quality. I'll take to R&D and get the bugs worked out.
>>
>>54946381
Someone ought to run Way of the Wicked.
>>
>>54949151
Someone ought to say they'll run a lewd version of Way of the Wicked, then bambolio.
>>
>>54945859
Looks like we're finally at the end of the Age of Games then?
>>
>>54949205
Well, if nobody trusts anyone to be running a real game and all the actual players and GMs have games, then yes.
>>
>>54949205
I think it'll be cyclical. A calm for a while, then they'll start up again. Starfinder will also drain some GMs that may have ran PF.
>>
>>54949219
Well, thank God, then.
>>
>>54949240
Who?
>>
>>54945859
I'm very tempted to step in and run the game myself. Though I'd insisted on getting my guy in as a GM PC.
>>
>>54949939
Do it faggot, you won't.
>>
File: 1495603402366.jpg (23KB, 552x424px) Image search: [Google]
1495603402366.jpg
23KB, 552x424px
Friendly reminder that we have a Starfinder discussion server here:

https://discord.gg/YAk263j
>>
>>54949961
Why here instead of the Starfinder general?
>>
>it's another episode of "retards talk to 2hu and don't understand each other"
When will it end?
>>
>>54950060
As soon as you leave the Discord, fuckface.
>>
Has anyone read that Elemental Master's Handbook yet? It came out yesterday, curious about those elemental augmentation items like quicksilver blood.
>>
>>54949713
Don't call him that. It's the Doctor
>>
>>54950227
All I recall is that Burning Hand a shit. Out was leaked right before Dead Suns back a few threads.
>>
What's the strangest TPK you've had?
>Party of 4 is preparing to attack the enemy base, looking to be a climatic showdown with the leader, basically a wizard/engineer type
>He enters the battle driving an open-topped "huge golem" that fights via punches, kicks, missile launchers
>It's pretty bareable
>Barbarian baits the boss into getting out of the mech and fighting him "man to man" for honor
>He gets up out of the driver's seat, starts flying, and kills the barb with magical attacks
>The golem continues to operate without a pilot and trashes us
>>
>>54950297
I'll check back in the priors then, thanks anon. I need to see how terrible Burning Hand is now!
>>
>>54950322
The only thing "wrong" with it is that by RAW you can't turn it off, but that's pretty easily remedied by just saying it does or by turning it off by taking it off when you're not planning on using it, both of which are functionally the same thing and both of which will have little to no actual basis on most people's campaigns.
>>
>>54950297
It'd be fine if you could TURN IT OFF.
>>
>>54950318
Well how about a partial-TPK? A private session to make up for a missed game for two of the players ended in one for them.

>The core rogue (suffers from stormwind syndrome a bit, CRB-only 'gives more character') and the unchained monk are stealthing the lower part of a warehouse - more specifically the basement below it that should by no means even exist.

>Things are going very well and the one sentry they ran into got his neck snapped AND a dagger through the eye before he could even breathe in and begin to scream

>They come to a chained up room with a bright red door. They can't recognize the symbol but the monk CAN read the writing, it says Explosives. They realize it's probably full of explosives (*applause*)

>Managing to get through the lock the old-fashioned way (adamantine dagger with high strength vs lock) what they find is keg upon keg upon keg upon keg of black powder.

>Glorious, Glorious loot. GM rarely has much of our income as cash, but if you can take it you can fence it. This might be 100k worth says appraise

>There's a large two-handled rectangular case in the back too. Only writing still readable on it says 'launcher' and it's locked up tight. Real tight this time: the thing's actual adamantine. Not cutting in this time.

>Thief fails lockpicking

>Monk realizes they do have a warhammer that ignores hardness entirely

>GM asks are you sure

>They take the hint, and get ready for something to pop out

>GM asks are you really, REALLY sure, and points out how thin filaments of lightning swim across the surface of the hammer (it has lightning-burst).

>The Monk nods, and explains he's got a readied action.

>The GM says they've displaced a lot of dust doing this

>They insist they be allowed to try

>Finally, they bring down the raging fist of totally-not-thor upon the front locking section of the case.

>How were we supposed to know the case was some kind of bomb?
>NO, YOU GODDAMN IDIOT, NOT THE CASE
>>
>>54950447
And just to note, yes the case was not bolted down or anything, they just got greedy. In fact we were told "feels like about fifty pounds total when you heft it" and it had handles. Big fat instrument case.
>>
>>54950430
>>54950432
I would normally think it can be deactivated, like any other magical item, but I can kind of understand them being always-on based off the flavor texts and accidents. I suppose if you have fire resist or immunity, and don't like eating food raw, it isn't too bad though.
>>
>>54950596
Your hand is constantly on fire, and is noted to set shit on fire.

You go to sleep and you'll set your tent on fire.
>>
>>54950701
Just... take it off when you're not using it? It's really not that hard, and it's only one hand so you can't even be like "oh but how can I hold things" when you can just use your other hand to hold things.
>>
>>54950701
Right, thus the fire immunity or resistance. And if you're willing to enchant your flesh, why would you settle for a tent that isn't on fire?

Or just unscrew your hand, like >>54950774 says. Think outside the skeletal structure! Or just put it on skeletons perhaps?
>>
>>54950774
You can't take it off. It's not an item.

Unless you also want to sink feats into that detatchable hand featline.
>>
>>54950898
Look man the Detachable Hand feat line is hilarious and as a GM I'd give props to literally anyone that took it in my game
>>
>>54950910
I will not decry how cool that featline is, but it still doesn't make the burnyhand usable.

It'd be so cool if you could just... turn it off. But you can't. So you have to deal with the logistical problems of your hand being on fire just all the time.
>>
File: IMG_20170810_195014.jpg (5MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_195014.jpg
5MB, 4048x3036px
>playing Pathfinder for the first time (Way of the Wicked)
>DM seems cool, willing to work with me and other players
>point buy chargen, built a Skald since the party already had a caster
>have cheat sheet with action economy, deity info/lore and basics written out so I don't forget anything
>we start tomorrow most likely
I'm nervous, tips to not fuck up too badly? Suggestions for playing skalds?
>>
>>54951039
What sort of Skald is your skald? Is it a full SAD CHA skald? How high level do you start at? What's your statline? Do you have Spirit Totem yet? What's your party looking like? Are you running any archetype?

Other than that, good on you for playing a Skald. It's the best and coolest non-fullcaster class.
>>
>>54951301
Trying to go full Viking warrior poet spreading the tales of a forbidden god (Asmodeus) took performance (Oratory) and (Percussion)
Haven't picked an archetype, stats are
Str 16, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
It was a 20 point buy in, got +5 as an optional buff and +2 because Hooman. Starting first level.
No spirit totem, don't get that until level three even if I choose that archetype. Is Totemic the archetype to pick, then? None seemed too much better than the others, but I'm new to the system.
>>
It is out:
http://drivethrurpg.com/product/219461/Starfarers-Companion

Who wants some third-party kitsune?
>>
>>54951039
>>54951530
Don't be afraid to go full damage build. Way of the Wicked is super combat heavy.
>>
>>54951589

I do!
>>
>>54951530
You don't need any archetype to pick the Totem rage powers. And "the archetype to pick" is definitely Fated Champion - boosts your initiative instead of saves vs bard and sonic shit, which is largely useless.

Lesser Spirit Totem gives you CHA to Attack and Damage for every ally around you - it is 100% the best rage power you can take.
>>
What do you think work best for guarding the party's camp: Swordsmen or Spearmen?
>>
What kind of army is the best one in every category (light, medium, heavy)?
>>
>>54951867
Crossbowmen. At least in situations where crossbows aren't retarded feat investments. Otherwise short/longbows.

After that you move to things with reach.
>>
>>54951887
>light
Mounted archers, mounted infantry
>medium
Mounted skirmishers/infantry (eg actual dragoons). Shotte and Pike.
>Heavy
Heavy cavalry. Knights w/ poleaxes. Cannons.
>>
>>54951887
I am guessing you mean Armor.

Kikko Armor is the best medium armor for anyone who's not specialized in it, as Mithral lets you reduce that ACP to 0.

Light armor is kind of a tossup because it depends a lot on what you need it for, but for max dexfag memes, you want Spidersilk Bodysuits or Djezet Skin - those two also weigh fucking nothing. Otherwise, well, Chainshirt is the highest AC, so.

Hellknight Plate is the king of heavy armor, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>54951849
>>54951812
Thanks!
Looking forward to kicking some ass already
>>
How many schools does a wizard need to be balanced without being crippled beyond repair?
>>
>>54951918
Hellknight is just MW fullplate unless you've got abilities that use it.
>>
>>54951589
>Tieflings resist 5 all energy, making them nearly immune to energy weapons until level 6-7
>Bard is ported wholesale, getting both Inspire Courage and Spells, thus entirely invalidating Envoy
>Clerics get full BAB, 9-arcanist-casting, and twice the class features of Pathfinder Cleric
Lmao, this is garbage fire tier.
The book seems like complete trash.
>>
File: the_bards_tale_lg.jpg (146KB, 950x833px) Image search: [Google]
the_bards_tale_lg.jpg
146KB, 950x833px
Which bard playstyle is better suited to be the face of the group? What stats would you recommend?
>>
>I'm the party's only real damage
>And the frontliner
>As a fucking dex-fagging Soulknife
This doesn't seem right.
>>
>>54952559
dex-fagging can now do just as much damage as strength fagging due to brain-dead errata desu
>>
>>54952541
what kind of question is this?
>>
>>54952749

What's the best way to build a bard to be the face of the party?
>>
How essential/useful is "use magic device"? Is it essential enough to pick Pragmatic Activator for low Char characters?
>>
>>54952779
Even for low-cha characters, Skill ranks + one of the+5 magic items is all you need to auto-pass wands
>>
>>54952769
Put ranks in performance according to the face skills you want as per versatile performance. Have a healthy balance of Dex, charisma and con. That's it. Bards don't require much more since using skills isn't actually something that requires thought.
>>
>>54952541
Advertisements has the word semen placed between tits.

ti semen ts.
>>
>>54952681
What ever happened to the Butchering Axe memes?
>>
>>54950953
>not burying your hand while you sleep
>>
>>54952559
A well built soulknife can be an offensive powerhouse with a decent amount of utility to them.
>>
Any leaks of the GM screen yet?
>>
What will be the next great bamboozle /pgg/ falls for? Ruins of Azlant? Dead Suns? Maybe something else entirely?
Tell me your guesses!
>>
>>54953213
It got... butchered.
>>
>>54953660
definitely a dead suns
>>
>>54951977
Transmutation, Abjuration, Illusion, and Divination. Shadow Conjuration and Shadow Evocation spells lower the lethlity of their magic by giving extra saves and chance of reduced damage/defenses, as well as limiting the power of their summons, while syll giving them a wide variety of capability. You note I did not mention Universal - they can live without permanency and wishes.
>>
>>54953723
Booo!
>>
File: WIZARD.png (1MB, 1096x729px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD.png
1MB, 1096x729px
>>54953737
Wizards can't live without Prestidigitation.
>>
File: BardicLich.jpg (80KB, 477x542px) Image search: [Google]
BardicLich.jpg
80KB, 477x542px
How do I become a lich as a Bard? I wanted to make music throughout the centuries, to witness (and maybe even cause) great tragedies to write about. I want to teach my craft to a small number of select students, scholomance style.
>>
File: sfc.jpg (151KB, 754x817px) Image search: [Google]
sfc.jpg
151KB, 754x817px
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/219461/Starfarers-Companion

Starfarer's Companion is out for $20.

Can we get a list of other 3pp that are available?
>>
>>54954026
What a dumpster fire
>>
File: 1484554274375.jpg (100KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1484554274375.jpg
100KB, 460x460px
>>54953988
I can't help you but holy shit that's cool. Which book is that text from?
>>
>>54954141
>Which book is that text from?
I'm not sure. I saved it before I even got interested in pathfinder.
>>
>>54953988
I'm not Mozart, Mozart died 400 years ago and there's no way I could even live that long.png
>>
>>54954182
"Tchaikovsky no, you cant use cannons as a musical instrument" "TCHAIKOVSKY YES".

Except replace cannons with 'the screams of the dying'. And tchaikovsky with sort of a more evil william shakespeare but with the same musical talent.

>i'd post an 'evil' bard but I cant be bothered to look for one.
>>
>>54954241
Having him just screaming TCHAIKOVSKY like that makes him sound like a pokemon
>>
Which one is best for a tiefling with grey-black hair and tanned skin: red eyes or icy-blue eyes?
>>
>>54954378
blue. everyone always just defaults to red "because muh evil ancestry". but all red really means is your vision sucks cuz you an albino
>>
>>54954378
That's a dumb question. The answer is both. Heterochromia will always be the answer. Fucking newbies don't even know how to into character creation, fuck.
>>
>>54954456
Nothing screams "spechul snowflake muh edge" like heterochromia.
>>
File: 1473214095349.png (445KB, 795x746px) Image search: [Google]
1473214095349.png
445KB, 795x746px
>>54954444
>but all red really means is your vision sucks cuz you an albino
>red eyes
>bad eyesight
Nah. Also you could probably prestidigitation your eyes or something, or at least the pigment.
>>
>>54954496
>tiefling with grey-black hair and tanned skin
>not an edgelord speshul snowflake
lol
>>
File: 1230796206fullres.jpg (100KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1230796206fullres.jpg
100KB, 600x350px
>>54954510

Well, I'm basing her on the models in NW2.
>>
>>54954510
My father has grey hair and tanned skin.
My mother has grey hair and tanned skin.

In a decade or two I'll have grey hairs among the black ones too, and tanned skin.

There are hundreds of millions of people out there with greying hair and tanned skin.

It's hard to get more generic than that.
>>
>>54954550
So...use the red eyes?
>>
>>54954561
Grey-black hair isn't grey hair, it's grey-black. Also, are you also a half-demon?
>>
>>54954580
Yes. Clearly everyone who lives in southern Ontario and spends a lot of time outside is half-demon.
>>
>>54954496
Somebody's asking for eye color preferences on /pgg/. Go full snowflake or just pick one since it literally doesn't matter.
>>54954580
Tieflings can't be half, those are half-fiends.
>>
File: 1500903192481.jpg (659KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500903192481.jpg
659KB, 1241x900px
>>54954550

Neeshka - Neeesh-ka, emphasis on the "Neee". Not many people get it right. Or try to.
>>
>>54954612
Isn't that what a tiefling is, a specific type of half-fiend?
>>
>>54954633

A one-quarter fiend.
>>
>>54954612
This is correct. Hate how so many idiots make themselves half-demon rape-babies in their backstories when you flat-out cannot be a half-demon if you're a tiefling, because the absolute minimum for tiefling is lower-planar-quadroon.

So it's a grandparent, or a great-grandparent or further back still that was some sort of fiend
>>
>>54954647
Huh. I thought it was just having demonic ancestry somewhere back, didn't know there was an upper limit.
>>
>>54954633
No, by lore, tieflings and half-fiends are different. You can never be a tiefling with a fiend parent.
>>
>>54954663

The majority of tieflings have mixed themselves so many times and their traits so wild that it is impossible to tell if they come from fiend, rakshashas, daemons, asuras, demodand, divs, kytons, qlippoth, onis or demons. You can only tell from the pure-breed ones.
>>
>>54954633
No specifically Tieflings and Aasimars are quarter *or less*. Can be ten generations down the line even.

Like, say your great-great-grandfather summoned himself a succubus for reasons of wizardry. Your great-grandmother was a tiefling, she married a regular demihuman, your grandmother was a tiefling who married a regular demihuman, and if your father was also a tiefling then you may have come out as a tiefling too. Maybe your kids as well, or maybe it'll be too thinned out by then and they'll just be humans with maybe one of the feats or traits to match their slightly-sharper-nails or something.
>>
>>54954727
Sorry. in that example your great-grandmother is a half-fiend.

Fuck I'm sleepy
>>
>>54954663

Fiendish ancestry is not the only source of tieflings. Some people just get tiefling children because they were near evil or cursed places once in their lives.

Tiefling ancestry can also become dormant. A human family can also have a dormant fiendish ancestry, and spontaneously have a tiefling baby after dozen generations of normal humans.
>>
File: Gold dwarf.jpg (24KB, 111x232px) Image search: [Google]
Gold dwarf.jpg
24KB, 111x232px
>PCs want to change their characters
>Ask them for a month to tell me what they want over email
>Meet at LGS today
>They still think they're playing in Golarian instead of Faerun

At least I convinced one of them to play an Ordained Defender / Cleric instead of a Fighter / Cleric. He used to play a half-elf Ranger / Druid.
>>
File: 1464744424744.jpg (260KB, 600x695px) Image search: [Google]
1464744424744.jpg
260KB, 600x695px
>>54954663
>I thought it was just having demonic ancestry somewhere back
It is and it isn't. Like most planar influences it can be so minor as to be indistinguishable for generations.... and then a throwback occurs, a squalling child born with horns and claws.

Typically you have to have a "measurable" level of influence to be called a Tiefling (usually a quarter or less). It is exceptionally uncommon but they can even be born from True outsider + native (humanoid) parents, though that is overwhelmingly more likely to result in a half-fiend.

Tiefling "purebloods" are the ones that have noticeable influences mostly from a singular kind of heritage and it can be telling even in little gestures. Like oni-blooded tieflings may have their flesh ripple, warp and spasm in clearly unnatural manners when they get angry. like in the animu claymore
>>
File: Megaman.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
>>54954834
>Fiendish ancestry is not the only source of tieflings. Some people just get tiefling children because they were near evil or cursed places once in their lives.

This is also true. Sometimes people can have plane-touched kids just because they walked by an affiliated area. Some spells also give near guaranteed conceptions but also align the child to some planar aspect. Hell it's also extremely rare but immaculate conceptions also exist.

And sometimes, a plane-touched kid just poofs into existence - they don't have any parents they just *formed*. like this aasimar who was raised by and elderly inventor
>>
I want a tiefling that looks like Grendel's mother
(beowulf 2007).
>>
File: Grendels Mother.jpg (184KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Grendels Mother.jpg
184KB, 1000x800px
>>54954997
>>
>>54955042

Angeline Jolie
>>
>>54955042
.... hawt.
>>
>>54955042
I'm a fan of ugly tiefling physical traits. Just having horns or a tail is kinda blah.
>>
File: Grendel's_Mother.jpg (26KB, 288x487px) Image search: [Google]
Grendel's_Mother.jpg
26KB, 288x487px
>>54955042
>>
>>54955042
Beowulf doesn't look badass enough here
>>
>>54955263
Well usually he'd be in a giant robot with a stake on one arm.
>>
>feat for Oracles with cha-to-ac that grants the component their revelation missed (CMD for Lore/Lunar, Reflex for Nature)
>also then lets them use Cha in place of Dex for certain feats
>can be taken in place of a revelation

Good idea or retarded idea
FUCK Dex desu
>>
>>54955340
Making a fullcaster be SAD is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>54955365
It's already pretty fucking SAD as-is, and it really only benefits Strfags or idiots blowing a billion feats to make Starknives not shit.
>>
File: 1501578260298.jpg (368KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1501578260298.jpg
368KB, 1280x1892px
>>54955365
>>54955437
Actually yea looking at this it's fucking stupid the more I look at it, so instead how about this:

>add an additional half your Strength Modifier to CMD in place of your Dex modifier, capped by half your level and stacking with the normal Str-to-CMD
>May use your Strength score in place of Dex for feat prerequisites, but only use half your Str mod with the same half level cap for abilities that vary depending on your Dex modifier namely Combat Reflexes
>>
>>54943867
Deck of many things.
>>
File: 1318248011198.jpg (410KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1318248011198.jpg
410KB, 1024x687px
>game is all fun and games
>but then
>hostile NPC that has PC class levels and is optimized bow user
I forgot to mention, he flies.
>>
>>54956578
So shoot him down.
>>
>>54956650
He full attacked our ranged guy dead on his opening turn
>>
>>54954649
I did use tiefling with player class levels as a scaling sort of half-demon that starts out "sealed" or otherwise diminished, and grows into their Fiendish ancestry.
No mechanical changes at all, just a narrative one.
>>
>>54956578
Blindness? Wall of Force? Any of the spells that create winds strong enough to make ranged attacks impossible?
>>
>>54957253
Not prepared
>>
>>54957266
Mass Invisibility?
>>
>>54957277
Already used up to sneak in
>>
>>54957290
Well, what spells DO you have?
>>
>>54957318
Like if I know, I do not have the wizard's sheet on me
>>
>>54957339
Well if I'm not told what the fuck you can do then how the fuck do you expect me to help you? I may as well say Mythic Time Stop.
>>
>>54957346
I was not asking for help, I WAS VENTING FRUSTRATION
>>
File: 1479040704810.jpg (33KB, 480x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479040704810.jpg
33KB, 480x599px
>>54957360
You can vent into me~
w/e good luck then
>>
>>54957374
>You can vent into me~
Don't you have picks to make for Skull & Shackles?
>>
>>54957533
I wish, I'm an applicant. The DM hasn't been seen for like a week.
>>
File: 1459902917786.png (2MB, 968x1701px) Image search: [Google]
1459902917786.png
2MB, 968x1701px
I want to buy a drow! consensually! for love!
>>
>>54957618
I want to butcher slaver filth!
>>
>>54957732
There's an axe for that.
>>
File: Notlewd.png (64KB, 379x300px) Image search: [Google]
Notlewd.png
64KB, 379x300px
>>54957732
ITS NOT SLAVERY, ITS LOVE.
>>
>>54957803
Your blood will flow until all the peoples of these lands have Common Rule!
>>
>>54957855
I will have you know that the word *dowry* COMES from the drow! the "brides price" was literally a mistranslation of the cost of purchasing your true love.
>>
>>54957907
A dowry is actually insurance against you pumping and dumping her.
>>
>>54955255
Wow it's super obvious now that I'm looking that they put her head on another woman's body
>>
>>54957967
>>54957907
I will have you know that the institutions of corrupt nobility will not save you, for they are destined to submit to Common Rule or die!
>>
>>54957967
I was conflating terms. Dowry and bride-prices are different things. Dowries were given by wifes family (for accepting the 'burden' of a wife something that was relatively useless outside of children), Bride-prices were given by husbands family (for the priveledge of having such an illustrious woman join the family / economic investment).

Obviously the drow would use the latter in their matriarchal bent. though it could also be applied to the cost of getting a good breeder. Some form of economic attachment on either end tends to prevent pump+dump.

They didn't have an actual word for it, it was just the cost of the goods, so it just became associated with a mispronounced 'drow'-y that by the time it got corrected had already been in use for too long to matter.

>>54958062
It even went through the common folk! a young groom was given a lot of money by his family and told to go out and get himself a nice wife!
>>
>>54958081
No one shall be bought or sold! Have at thee!
>>
So I'm creating a backup character for one of my games since in the past three weeks I have had three characters "die". This game involved my inquisitor getting death rolled by a crocodile in the second session of Hell's Rebels. Which would have been permadeath for me had I not burned some hero points to live.

So as of now are party consists of
>Tiefling Inquisitor
>Ratfolk Investigator
>Ifrit Gunslinger/Swashbuckler
>Sylph Chelish Diva Bard
>Human Unchained Summoner/Oracle

I was thinking either a fighter, paladin or barbarian or some archetype for them, since our party is in dire need of frontline martial support. Which would you guys recommend?
>>
>>54958081
>>54958099
In an only tangentially related note, my brother was working with a black guy from some very traditional african nation, who when he heard about my brother getting married, asked how much he 'paid'/gave her family for her. My brother said a few chickens and some housework and the african man got extremely offended "For such a wonderful and intelligent bride you should have given at least fifty cows! I am shocked and ashamed that her family gave her away so cheaply! your country is backwards!" (mild paraphrasing).

It was really a thing to make sure that you were invested in your partner, at least in that country. He was genuinely surprised and thought it was disrespectful, almost insisted that her family should have beaten the shit out of him for the "offer".
>>
>>54958123
>Which would you guys recommend?
Celestial pact avowed.
>>
>>54958222
>unironically recommending shitbrew
>>
>>54958178
There can be no compromise with slavers and merchants of flesh! En garde! I'll let you try my Freedom Style!
>>
>>54958062
>Common Rule
>when one level 20 is worth easily 2^20 level 1s
>>>>
Common Rule works only when people are actually passably equal.
>>
>>54958243
It is the duty of the mighty to defend the freedom of the lowly!
>>
>>54958178
It's a thing to make sure you're invested and also a guarentee to make sure the girl isn't heading off into starvation, and that even if you fuck up and lose everything she can just come home and have the money left over as an emergency reserve.
>>
>>54958231
Wait, do we hate avowed now? If yes, why?

I took a big break from /pfg/ for a while, and before I took it I know DSP devs were still posting here - but they've since stopped.
>>
>>54958267
Duties are imposed by the self and not by others; and if you take it upon yourself to protect the common man, you are but a benevolent dictator.
>>
>>54958282
"we"? No, I seem to be in the minority on this one.
Nothing DSP has done aside from porting over Psionics has been any good.
>>
>>54958322
Good thing Avowed isn't DSP then, now isn't it? :^)
>>
>>54958288
>this nigga doesn't know the gods are real and Good is a tangible force
Go back to philosophy class, nerd. In PF, Good is concrete, verifiable, and Absolute!
>>
>>54958365
Good is but a word, and the gods are weak and falliable for they fall to corruption, conflict, and revolt just as mortal men do. There is only one God and His name is my DM
>>
>>54958365
The tian think that the legal purchase of a waifu from a place like a teahouse is not only a noble, honorable thing to do, but it uplifts the woman quite considerably too and is an impressive show of status! the more you can afford to spend the better!
>>
>>54958322
They have plenty of good ideas, the execution is just lacking and they appear to have slit the throats of all their competent writers so as to avoid attempts to fix anything.
>>
File: 6mWjg5f.png (3MB, 2850x5701px) Image search: [Google]
6mWjg5f.png
3MB, 2850x5701px
>>54958445
What lacks in execution, I often find myself preferring the rules they write to paizuri's.
>>
>>54958445
>Lets make martials better by introducing a new subsystem!
>Lets forget what we were trying to do and also introduce tons of new classes to invalidate the existing martials!
>>
>>54958387
I know for a fact that your DM is a miserable waste of flesh that deserves death
>>
>>54956578
>not having Cut and Smash from the Air
>laughing fighters
>>
I wish fennec-anon was here. You guys just aren't happy and joyful enough.
>>
>>54958528
You could say the same about God, but he's still the big man G.
>>
>>54958393
>some people have incorrect beliefs
>that means Good doesn't exist
Listen to yourself
>>
How do I Ultimate Life Form in Pathfinder?
>>
File: ConfuseCentaurLoli.png (101KB, 265x503px) Image search: [Google]
ConfuseCentaurLoli.png
101KB, 265x503px
>>54958541
... what?
>>
>>54958541
>incorrect beliefs
You do realize that those people don't glow when you cast Detect Evil on them right? Objective good and evil don't work for this, and subjective good and evil are, well, subjective and so aren't correct or incorrect.

>>54958555
Fullcaster bullshit. Alternatively, bounce on the DM's dick.
>>
>>54958501
>implying the base martials don't deserve to be invalidated
>>
>>54958569
You're arguing that somehow Tian negate morality by buying people. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>54958501

Fixing the fighter would take a full rewrite to the point it is an entirely new class.

That and it's not exactly new...Book of Nine Swords introduced it's Paladin, Fighter and Rogue replacements in the Crusader, Warblade and Swordsage.
>>
File: 5VX0giN.jpg (95KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
5VX0giN.jpg
95KB, 650x867px
>>54958616
You know it's possible to have a lawful good society that still has slavery; not all slavery is chattel slavery.

It just emphasizes the lawful part a bit harder.

this is your tiefling now
>>
>>54958650
>pretending 3.5e splatbookitus was good design
>>
>>54958663
I mean, rome willingly went through periods of absolute military dictatorships when they felt they were in a time of crisis or peril, and for a good goddamn long time anyone who was chosen to rule them absolutely, always set aside his power at the end of the appointed period.

and while I wouldn't necessarily call them lawful good because they weren't, they're not a particularly terrible example to base things off of
>>
>>54958663
>slavery is cool

>>54958737
>the Romans weren't efficient superbullies

Is /pgg/ Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil?
>>
>>54958663
Well non-chattel isn't even that different from nowadays.

You have a debt, you do work, you pay it off. It's just that 'they' tell you what work you'll be doing.
>>
>>54958663
Indentured Servitude is barely slavery, its more like an going to an Employment center or something
>>
>>54958773
>slavery is cool
That wasn't said. what was said was that not all forms of "slavery" were chattel slavery (which was horrible), and in extremely lawful society the "slavers" (aka landholders and lords) were extremely beholden to their "slaves". In ye-olde japan women who did things like geisha work would work all but like 1 day out of every 30 and not have much of a life to themselves, they had mostly good lives but they were "owned" by their house, more due to economic reasons than anything else.

>implying i said romans were particularly good or admirable
They were just extremely lawful.
>>
>>54958501
Motherfucker first party already does the thing where old classes get invalidated by new shit. Occultist is an infinitely better "magical warrior" class than the magus will ever fucking dream of being, and the only thing preventing it from completely replacing magus entirely is the fact that it's not a Prepared Arcane Spellcaster and it can't do the big scary numbers with crit spellstrikes.

Fighter has, had been kicked down the road so long that >>54958650 is the COMMON FUCKING BELIEF of the class's worth, even though there's now enough splatbooks that the Fighter is unironically an attractive choice for basic bitch martial-ing again thanks to numerous AWT/AAT's and feats specifically designed for it. Also Combat Stamina, but that assumes your group allows it.
>>
>>54954141
Pathfinder Module - Carrion Crown, Part 6 - Shadows of Gallowspire
>>
>>54958773
Slavery is just a system, and like all systems it can be implemented well or poorly and your views on it depend a lot on what you care about. Enslaving randoms might be bad, but "civil service" punishments are quite a lot like "slavery for 7 years" punishments doled out in ancient societies.
>>
Slave empires always fuck up

usually due to slaves
>>
>>54959024
The problem with that argument is that slavery is way, way too easy to exploit and corrupt.
>>
>>54959170
No more so than employment as-is.
>>
>>54959170
The primary problem is that the people who are slave-holders are often wealthy enough that the consequences of abusing their slaves... aren't. They can effectively get away with it.

But yeah, "idealistically" that doesn't happen in a society that is super concerned with actual law.
>>
>>54959158
Not reall, They usually fuck up because generally slavery tends to stop being economically viable after a certain point of development and industrilization, hence why the Arabs kept doing it long after most of the West stopped.

>>54959170
To be fair, that's the same with any form of government, economy, or other legal system that humanity has ever made. At least with Indentured Servitude in place, the indentured can gain some legal protection via the terms of his contract, can choose to sue his contract holder for violations and mistreatment, and generally won't have to rot away in a prison for failing his debts or stealing bread.

Though>>54959200 does hae a point, in that a richenough asshole with connections can make things miserable, but the same will always happen regardless of whether there's slavery or not, which makes it a sort-of non-argument
>>
>>54959170
That's completely irrelevant. Water is also incredibly easily to make dangerous, but is not therefore deadly. A democracy can become an echochamber or a tyranny of the majority, and any religion can go fanatic in the right conditions, but none of these are therefore automatically "incorrect". Also, "exploit" and "corrupt" are undefined terms that mean different things to different people and to those with different priorities; someone interested in forcibly increasing agricultural or productive yield in the ancient or classical period would be far more interested in slavery of any or all sorts than a person who wanted to increase the volume of trade.
>>
>>54959158
The famous slave empires that fucked up had little to do with slaves.
The Romans fell because they ran out of money, were overextended, were suffering from systemic corruption, and recently converted to a new religion, plus a combination of bullshit that showed up all at once.
The Ottomans fell in a rotting fashion, somewhat like the Romans except they didn't have a huge final bang to go out with.
The Corboda Caliphate just got hammered in general.
Most of the middle east caliphates or empires post-Islam either exploded on their own, ran into money issues, or got shitstomped by Seljuks or Mongols.
Slaves aren't dangerous to empires, lack of money and money going to the wrong places is. If anything, it's dangerous to keep it for too long simply because slaves become a drag on economy more than they improve it after a certain point.
>>
So, have you finished your apps for Skulls and Shackles? There's not much time left!

https://youtu.be/mipLWd1O3Go
>>
>>54960826
Meme reviews when?
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 181x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 181x179px
So I'm playing Rise of the Runelords with some friends and I've decided to try a Summoner. Thing is, we're stuck with only Core+APG, along with whatever's in the campaign's Player Companion, and I'm not sure what feats I should take besides Augmented Summoning and (because it's not banned, wow) Leadership. Any advice?
>>
>>54960960
I would the shark girl. Fat Barry is best girl.
>>
>>54961108
don't be a dick, man, they're your friends. Leadership makes games grind to a halt when you get a dozen turns to everyone else's one.

Pick up some extra mutation points and grab Improved Initiative. Spell Focus (conjuration) opens up a bunch of doors for summoners iirc.
>>
>>54961108
You're already the cuntiest class with the cuntiest feat. By the time you get leadership you've already won. I don't really know what more you want.
>>
>>54961108
If you'll take leadership, let whole party control your mooks. Share the action economy.
>>
>>54960826
But it's a bamboozle.
>>
>>54961108
might as well take eldritch heritage when you get the chance. You trade feats for the juicy bits of sorcerer bloodlines.
>>
File: IMG_0644.png (4KB, 237x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0644.png
4KB, 237x203px
>>54961129
I'm not trying to be a dick. I've honestly never used it before and just want to try it out. DM says it makes things interesting apparently.

As for Extra Evolutions, that's from Ultimate Magic, so that's a no-go. Does Spell Focus(Conjuration) really do that much for me though? I mean I'm taking it for Augmented Summons, but if there's something (again from Core+APG only) I'm missing please tell me.

>>54961181
I got empty feats slots and I want to fill them with feats.

>>54961261
Maybe. I don't think I'm gonna go super-cheese and have a matryoshka doll of Cohorts with Cohorts with Cohorts, but that may change for all I know. What I do know however is that having a mook is very in-line with my character concept of a snobbish, ambitious Chelish dude.

>>54961290
I would if we were playing with Ultimate Magic, but again it's Core+APG only.
>>
>>54961108
You already have the eidolon, don't take Leadership too. You will at that point effectively take three roles that the party no longer needs to fill, up to five depending on your character's and your cohort's build synergies. I took Leadership as a fighter in my RotR game and with the ranger I had effectively made me the only thing that killed enemies, was the knowledge machine (those human racials sure are fun, you know), meatwall, face due to high intimidate and the most important character during downtime because due to being craft skill focused.
>>
>>54942781
Add all levels together and add 10%
>>
>>54961108
>>54961323
What sane person still plays with a moronic hard limit like Core+APG only nowadays, outside of a few opening sessions to get people adjusted?
>>
>>54961323
>Core+APG
What the fuck kind of limit is this even
It's not even 1pp only or even fucking PFS
>>
>>54961383
If it really gets as out of hand as you guys make it out to be I'll simply switch it for something else. I'm not devoted to it, but I want to try it out if only because I might never again.

>>54961417
>>54961425
Fuck if I know. It's just how the DM likes to play I guess? I know our group has more of the books, so access to those isn't the problem either. But them's the cards I'm dealt with I guess.
>>
>> Poppets have no minds of their own, and so carry out orders explicitly as they are instructed, even if their situation makes the command nonsensical. Poppets can only perform simple manual labor, but they can be commanded to perform simple tasks at certain times, or when certain conditions are met.

I love poppets but what can they do? How can it even be given orders when it is mindless and has no languages?

Can they be given commands with addenda, if/then=yes statements, or just basic restrictions?

ex. Can I order a poppet to follow a certain person around the city, restrict them from entering buildings while the follow, return home once their target has reached a predetermined destination, and recall the route taken on a map (including explaining something as abstract as representational cartography)
>>
>>54961457
Make thousands of them, give them needles and boom, you have a gargantuan poppet swarm ready to needle anything to death on command.
>>
>>54961456
You can always be Master Summoner / Summoner, since those are banned more often than leadership. Alternatively, you can ask the DM if it's allowed.

>>54961457
They're cute.
Also, 'simple tasks' sounds like DM fiat, but 'certain conditions' sounds like Contingency / Readied Action except you can set more than one at a time so basically "literally any conditions".
>>
>>54961457
Assembly Line Production.
Become the Henry Ford of your fantasy world.
>>
>>54961457
>ex. Can I order a poppet to follow a certain person around the city, restrict them from entering buildings while the follow, return home once their target has reached a predetermined destination, and recall the route taken on a map (including explaining something as abstract as representational cartography)
No, because that's no simple manual labor.
A Poppet would be used to do a simple task such as "dust the mantlepiece until it is clean" or "Open the door for me" or "Hold this object for me"

Personaly, what I would do is make about 32 of them, and use them to play chess
>>
File: 1257746289589.jpg (13KB, 471x345px) Image search: [Google]
1257746289589.jpg
13KB, 471x345px
>>54961491
I already asked the DM if Leadership's allowed. It's the whole reason I'm giving it a spin. As for Master Summoner, it's Ultimate Magic. I already asked my DM about any exceptions and he flat out told me just those books.
>>
Does Dimensional Agility work with Shift?
>>
>>54961515
Arguable following someone is just walking (or flying) and therefore simple. "Until clean" is subjective compared to "until midnight". I would need a poppet familiar to make them into adorable spies.

>>54961483
or just alchemist fire and tangle foot bags. actually by RAW if you had a swarm around a caster the squares would be occupied and prevent charge/ pounce mage killers.
>>
>>54961673
They're also mindless though. Do they even qualify for Chain of Eyes?
>>
New thread:
>>54961788
>>54961788
>>54961788
>>54961788
>>
>>54959977
Rome A) didn't fall, West a shit, and B) lost pieces for economic and climate change reasons
>>
>>54961801
>Rome A) didn't fall
Excuse me? I am under the impression that no matter how you slice it, Rome lost most of its territory (depending on whether or not you see post-fall ERE as a sufficiently seperately entity) and all of its European possessions and the Eternal City itself was sacked repeatedly during the Migration Period.

>West a shit
I'm sorry, the Western Roman Empire was larger than the Eastern and still held some of the most prosperous and important territories in 378 (North Africa, Iberia, Gaul). The Eastern Empire suffered as well, though it was spared total collapse.

>B) lost pieces for economic
As I said, they were out of money and running a massive deficit. That's one of the biggest reasons any empire falls.

>and climate change
Part of the "combination of bullshit" that I listed at the end.
>>
>>54961878
>out of money and running a massive deficit
[Laughs nervously in American]
>>
>>54961901
>thinking America's current state doesn't resemble Rome's
Mind, you don't have a zillion rebels up your ass trying to forcibly coup to be the next president, but the huge rallies might count.
- massive spending on military action while the economic situation on the home front stagnates
- deteriorating system of alliances and puppet states
- harassment by other resurgent powers (in Rome's case, it was Persia)
- harassment by "ants" and guerilla bands with unclear affiliation
- bread and circuses to keep the masses contented as shit approaches the central air vent
>>
File: flag-eagle.jpg (65KB, 793x600px) Image search: [Google]
flag-eagle.jpg
65KB, 793x600px
>>54961878
>As I said, they were out of money and running a massive deficit. That's one of the biggest reasons any empire falls.
Excuse me?
>>
File: [loud sweating].gif (128KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
[loud sweating].gif
128KB, 400x225px
>>54961974
That's why the laugh was nervous, friend. The Brothers Gracchi might have already came and gone, and it's only a matter of time before someone crosses the Potomac.
>>
>>54962012
There's only one thing you can do, Anon.

GUNS
AND
BEANS
>>
>>54961901
>>54961988
>>54962012
I wonder what you guys will do to the group of people that caused the fall of your empire.

I will be sad when it happens but I will be happy when your people wake up and unify against those that destroyed you from within.
>>
File: feelize.jpg (114KB, 747x853px) Image search: [Google]
feelize.jpg
114KB, 747x853px
>>54962088
We can only hope the strong survive.
>>
>>54962088
>I wonder what you guys will do to the group of people that caused the fall of your empire.
I wonder what the Romans did to the people which caused the fall of their Empire...presuming we're generous enough to point the finger at somoene other than them.
>>
>>54962120
Really I believe that you will survive the fall.
Anyone can see that while you may be divided, a great cause will unify you.
Can't really blame you on what's happening since you have been dealing with so many things.
Europe is/was in the same boat but I'm sure they'll help you get back on your feet.

Who can blame you? You try your best just like everyone else.
Anyone will do the same thing if they were in your shoes.
Radicalism has always been a problem, I'm sure you'll find a way to deal with it.
>>
>>54962205
>a great cause
What the fuck kind of expectation is this? This is the kind of thinking that got America INTO the rut it's in. Exceptionalism never makes sense because it leads to the dangerous thinking of "this time is different", and in war, diplomacy, and finance / economics, that's the most expensive statement you can make.
>>
>>54962234
That's the thing, war, economies, and diplomacy is always different, but it's core never really changes.
>>
>>54962088
Plutocrats and Capitalists? They'll die in the street.
>>
>>54962313
Gee, I sure do love that theory about sharing all our shit, written by that bum freeloading off of his rich capitalist friend.
>>
File: 1490370321542.png (149KB, 3072x2424px) Image search: [Google]
1490370321542.png
149KB, 3072x2424px
>ITT jealous yurops thinking US will end up like some shitty bronze age civilization
>>
>>54962328
>human frailty somehow invalidates higher ideals
You can't believe in anything if you believe that, Anon. You're already dead.
>>
>>54962313
It's not quite that easy. Some will, but most will be protected by people they pay much better than those finally driven into enough of a corner to strike back this way.

They've even been getting trained for decades now; slowly learning how if it's poor, or if it's brown, or if it's black, it's not even people, and how "anyone" can be the face of abjectly evil terrorism...

When the people rise up, even though they will eventually succeed because they so outnumber that 0.1%, it's going to be a meatgrinder the 40k Imperial Guard would be proud of.
>>
>>54962353
>Confusing the bronze age and the classical era
Typical burgerclap
>>
>>54962358
>You're already dead
N-NANI?!?!?
>>
>>54962353
>y'all never did bother asking just WHO he'd be 'making america great' for
>nor did any of you bother asking the GOP if they considered those who aren't both rich and in their own party as people, let alone americans
>>
File: 1444533519982.jpg (32KB, 729x522px) Image search: [Google]
1444533519982.jpg
32KB, 729x522px
>>54962414
>muh trump boogieman
>>
>>54962377
If money and economy die, they won't be able to afford thugs
>>
>>54962414
Fuckin' Republican fucks have been keeping me down my whole life. I loathe these fucks. There's no saint or hero, though. Nobody's coming to save us.
>>
>>54962328
Socialism predates Marxism and encompasses more than it, mind you. I'm not the one you're responding to and don't particularly believe in socialism, but that capitalism is reaching its limits (as guild-based economies and mercantalism before it) should be self evident; if for nothing else, that because there are increasingly ways to produce without using labor, which wrecks havoc with one of the the basic assumptions of capitalism - that capital used would fundamentally require people to operate in order to produce goods (ergo: value).

>>54962358
That's not at all an argument. Something that has been shown to not work, or at least logically seems unfeasible, should not be used with 'romanticism' as its only support while ignoring consequences of its probable failure.

>>54962313
Pointing at 'those who aren't you' instead of examining the self for problems are also symptoms of American exceptionalism, in the same way people focus on Trump being "evil" but declines to comment on wider problems in society that would have him elected (with a rather telling slogan to boot) in the first place, or focuses on places far from home terrorizing you instead of thinking at least marginally about why they're targetting you to begin with.

>>54962414
It's not Making America Great. It's Making America Great, AGAIN. There's a lot of meaning packed into the last word.
>>
>>54962462
>focus on the self
It is true. Each day I walk this Earth without taking the fight to the enemy in his boardroom. I am a hypocrite!
>>
>>54962462
Yes. It used to be an amazing place for the cotton plantation owners, and for the factory owners in the years before those stupid safety regulations and laws against child labor.
>>
>>54962462
BATHE IN THE BLOOD OF THE BOURGEOISIE
>>
>>54962547
Calm down son. Take your anger out at the table.

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/comrade
>>
>>54962508
Hypocrisy is irrelevant to the validity of an argument, but it is also something that should be fixed when possible. An easy example is the US critisizing, say, China's economy being unequal or NK's human rights record / nuclear research program. Both are hypocritical in the extreme; it doesn't mean they're not also valid, it does mean you should examine yourself to make sure you're not guilty of the accusations you levy, so that you don't fall to the pitfalls you have laid out against your opposition. Doing otherwise is usually the result of a "it's different for me" worldview, which tends to end in disaster; playing god while not being one isn't really a good idea, you eventually lose sight of what you can and cannot accomplish and fail to gauge your strengths and weaknesses, especially your weaknesses.

>>54962562
This class is hilarious but also slightly overpowered. Breaking WBL has never been so easy - it's even a class feature!
>>
>>54962585
Can you not just strive to defend the lowly and destroy the wicked?
>>
>>54962603
No, you can't, because it's both idiotic and impossible. The definition of wickedness shifts; since wickedness isn't quite the same as capital-E Evil it doesn't even show up on Detect Evil.
>>
>>54962625
It isn't idiotic, it's just impossible, Anon. There isn't any problem with being heroic besides problems of execution and application. A perfectly omniscient and omnipotent being should absolutely freely defend Justice at all times.
>>
>>54963059
A perfectly omniscient and omnipotent being would nonetheless have no more ability to define "justice", as subjective, than the gibbering man on LSD.
>>
Should a cleric get a feat for proficiency in heavy armor?
>>
>>54965739
AC is shit, you are better suited to getting something else with your feat specially if you are a full casting class.
>>
File: 1502341780185.png (790KB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1502341780185.png
790KB, 1121x1600px
How would you implement half-swording for blunt damage?
>>
>>54965870
I am pretty sure there is a rule for that already.
>>
>>54965870
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-versatility-combat/
>>
>>54965899

So, is it a good idea to remove weapon focus, or just make it a class feature of any martial?
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.