[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate of Konor : IMPERIUM is 3 for 3!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 46

File: FoK-Week3Results_Banner2lr.jpg (46KB, 1000x300px) Image search: [Google]
FoK-Week3Results_Banner2lr.jpg
46KB, 1000x300px
Discuss results of Nethamus & speculate on Vanitor's outcome here.

>Imperial Victory at Nethamus!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/imperial-victory-on-nethamus/
https://warhammer40000.com/blog/imperial-victory-nethamus/
Chaos finally managed to win one region (UK ROW/ Convey Druseus) on Nethamus, meaning they are officially 1 victory region to Imperium's 8.

Next up: Vanitor, site of Konor's Astropathic Relay!
>Debrief on the situation on the ground:
https://warhammer40000.com/blog/week-four-vanitor/

>Week 4's Mission: INTO THE HELLMOUTH
https://warhammer40000.com/mission-4-into-the-hellmouth/

>PDF of this week's mission:
https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/08/40k_Campaign_Envelope_cards_Mission4_Imperium.indd_.pdf

For the Emperor!
Death to the False Emperor!
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Mission 4 begin!
>>
>>54920461
Soul Grinders need to be in full force, chaos can win this!
>>
>>54920461
I'm proud of you, Brits. You didn't betray Emperor's faith in you despite the temptations of Chaos.
>>
>Imperium is 3 for 3

As it should be.
>>
File: OrkPropaganda.jpg (125KB, 590x410px) Image search: [Google]
OrkPropaganda.jpg
125KB, 590x410px
>>54920539
Ork Freeboota player here (the same one who posted the narative batrep about how I beat an IG player and looted all the booze from Nethamus after taking points from Chaos).

Chaos managed to win Nethamus at my store, but only with some help from the other local Ork players at the last second.

Chaos has its work cut out for it, especially since you guys are on the defending side for mission 4.
>>
Chaos? More like cuckos
>>
Carnac on suicide watch
>>
>>54921260
Not gonna lie. If it wasn't for Carnac's constant assholery, I'd be more inclined to take points away from the Imperium in this campaign.

Now though? I revel in the thought of his misery over Chaos losing so much.

Chaos is destined to win my ass.
>>
daily reminder chaos never had any chance in this campaign anyways
>>
This whole chaos losing thing has me playing my AdMech as darkmech. Anything to help.
>>
>>54921734
Sour grapes.

GW ran a campaign telling xeno players to take away points from the Imperium (even though it makes 0 sense) and still it didn't do shit
>>
File: Alan Merret and Rick.png (114KB, 1635x699px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Merret and Rick.png
114KB, 1635x699px
>>54921719
>>54921260
Not a Deathguard fan or Nurgle fan. So I don't particularly care. Even if you put took points from the Imperium, you think that would have changed anything? Imperium outnumbers Chaos by a large margin. Anyways, you think what's said here has a real impact on the campaign? Now that's funny.

But you know what's funny? Fresh content I found from Laurie Goulding. Apperntly Rick Priestly and Alan Merret repeatedly said that Chaos is destined to win. So why do you guys want to go against what the beloved founders envisioned for the setting?
>>
>>54921896
It didn't run a campaign. They made like a single post. Even if the xenos sided with Chaos, it will end the same anyways since the Imperial side outnumber everyone combined + they just got a new release which means a lot of free paint points.

>even though it makes 0 sense

The campaign lore says that Chaos had Xenos mercs. So we can count Dark Eldar and Orks among them.

The Tau and Necrons have a score to settle with the Imperium. The Tau want to kick the Imperium's ass for what happened at Damocles which is considered by the Tau the one of the darkest point in their history. The Necrons of the Sautekh have suffered from the Ultramarine aggression a lot, losing a score of precious tomb worlds. For the insult the Ultramarine deserve pain. You do realise that xenos fighting the Imperium doesn't mean fighting alongside Chaos? It can be just xenos coming in to bring the pain to the Imperium.

I mean heck it's pretty fluffy. In the Deathwatch codex it's said the a thousand xeno races used the Chaos invasion to launch their campaigns on the Imperium that oppressed them for so long.
>>
>>54921915
You do know that you are responsible for much of the hate towards Chaos right? You're not doing your faction any favors Carnac by constantly belittling everyone else's army.
>>
>>54921982
The xenos would wait until chaos is beaten back then get their revenge, they aren't fucking stupid, esp. not Necrons
>>
>>54921915
Cause Chaos is fucking gay.
>>
File: IMG_2552.jpg (95KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2552.jpg
95KB, 1200x632px
>>54920461
>3/3
>Carnac's "Ch-Chaos always wins guys" eternally BTFO

Eat shit Chaoscucks.
>>
>>54922021
That never has happen. The Third Sphere Expansion (TSE for short) was launched when the Tau got news of the 13th Black Crusade. And i just mentioned the thousand xenos races exacting their revenge on the Imperium while it was busy with Chaos.

You don't go after a super power in its freetime. You go after it when it's distracted or vulnerable.

>esp. not Necrons

There are few races dumber than the Necrons.

>>54921996
If citing the fluff and core principles of the setting makes you angry, then you should leave to another setting.
>>
>from fighting for bread to desperately trying to prevent a warpstorm on a planet that's practically a nurgle daemonworld on at least on continent

I want to go back to fighting over toaster production and hives
>>
>>54921982
Well the Necrons have also lost a lot of worlds to the Great Rift and the Chaos codex details tons of fluff of CSM attacking Necrons and their tombworlds. Plus the Eldar are active opponents of Chaos and the Tau aren't their biggest supporters either.
>>
>>54921915
>Chaos is losing bad
>"N-Not a Nurgle or Deathguard fan. So I don't particularly care"
Considering I've seen you butt into arguments where people are mocking Nurgle in the past, you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you.

Also, I saw this yesterday. I also saw the unsourced quote you provided to back up Goulding claim, which describes Chaos as 'the supreme antagonist'. From back in the Rogue Trader era. The same era that any good fluff for a non-Chaos faction that makes Chaos look bad with autistic screeches of 'RETCON! RETCON!' despite having no explicit proof by your own standards.

Also, Chaos being depicted as the supreme antagonist (back when 40k was a human-centric setting is a far cry from 'Chaos is essentially Cthulhu, it's pointless to fight them because they're still going to win in the long run, and they're everywhere all the time' fanwank being shoved down everyone's throats by Goulding and company lately.

And no Carnac, twisting the fluff to suit your own views and saying everyone else must have things explicitly spelled out is not 'citing the fluff'. It's being a disingenuous hack.

>>54922035
He's already playing denial about how he doesn't care for Nurgle in this very thread. It's just SAD.
>>
>>54922053
>There are few races dumber than the Necrons
t. Carnac.

Kys fatty
>>
>>54921982
Yup been head cannon for my Necrons to be using the war to find and take artifacts that when the codex (next year...grumble grumble) is released means the tomb world if fully active. Necrons are not playable right now at 2000 points but at 1000 points some good back and forth games can be had.
>>
>>54922035
>shoving a guy over a cliff

wow rude
>>
>>54921734
This.

I'm playing Nids, pointlessly chipping away at the Imperium's guaranteed victory. Obviously i play for fun and don't really care but it does make the whole 'global campagin' thing a bit pointless when the winner was decided on day one. No tension = no reason to feel invested
>>
>>54922035
Destined to ultimately win =/= always wins

This explains why people people don't know much about the lore and unjustly rage at authors like ADB for sticking to what the setting was about. they can't read. I mean I can link you to an interview by Rick Priestly (founder of 40K and fantasy) saying that Chaos is the main antagonist of 40K. But I said this bother it's an issue of ego. People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and being canonically destined to be losers offends them.
>>
>>54922053
I'm just waiting for the new GW fluff where Chaos is pushed back into the Eye of Terror and all Chaos cucks are btfo by a combined Imperium/Xeno coalition.
>>
>>54922106
>People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and being canonically destined to be losers offends them.
Project much?

This is coming for a guy who can't accept that chaos lost even once (muh crimson path, my blood crusade drive by, etc. etc.)
>>
>>54922106
>People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and
>being canonically destined to be losers offends them.
>Chaos will never win in the setting except (maybe) in the far flung future that the storyline is guaranteed never to reach
Zog me the projection is real.
>>
>>54922106
>"N-No you're wrong."
Lol, Chaos exists literally just so the Imperium looks good by comparison and so Space Marines have something to easily beat up.
>>
>>54922053
Why don't you leave 40k, no one will miss you. I don't shit on other people's faction choices like you do.
>>
File: Eastern Fringes.png (347KB, 462x340px) Image search: [Google]
Eastern Fringes.png
347KB, 462x340px
>>54922077
>Well the Necrons have also lost a lot of worlds to the Great Rift

Not the Sautekh. The Great Rift was a boon for them allowing them to conquer more rival tomb worlds than ever before.

>>54922077
Newcrons are dumb. It's on the tin.

>>54922076
Goddamnit its the wall of text guy. When will he grow up?

>Considering I've seen you butt into arguments where people are mocking Nurgle in the past, you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you.

When did I do that? If people say something wrong I will correct them but I won't go out of my way for Nurgle.

>From back in the Rogue Trader era

Chaos wasn't in the majority of Rogue Trader. It can at the dead end of Rogue trader with the start of 2nd which set the trend of Chaos being the greatest threat to the setting. Orks and I believe Tyranids came first.

>back when 40k was a human-centric

Still human centric. I point you to the opening quote of 8th ED.

>hoved down everyone's throats by Goulding and company lately.

Your historical revisionism aside, so you DO agree that the fluff exists and its real but insist it's "fanwank" and me "twisting the fluff".

Now who is being a "disingenuous hack"?
>>
File: nids.gif (1MB, 794x514px) Image search: [Google]
nids.gif
1MB, 794x514px
>>54922124
>coalition

this isn't starcraft, this is catholic space nazis in sphess with their autist warrior monk and conscript hoard allies

and space communists, and edgy and non edgy fapbait, and angry old men, and best extra galactic communal-intelligence who just really wants to bring out your full potential and make you immortal
>>
>>54920461
Man, there are so many chaos fanboys crying because they can't win.
>>
>>54922203
because they cant
>>
When's the last time Chaos legitimately won a campaign?
>>
>>54922170
You are wrong. You strawmanned me.

>>54922155
>>54922141

There is no projection. I don't self insert as Chaos. I simply enjoy its lore.

>This is coming for a guy who can't accept that chaos lost even once (muh crimson path, my blood crusade drive by, etc. etc.)

Another strawman. I never said Chaos cannot lose and I even showed and discussed fluff where they have lost. Your problem is that you claim that Chaos lost in battles where the fluff either doesn't say that or the fluff outright says it as a victory.

For example, the CSM and lore outright tells you that EACH and EVERY SINGLE Black Crusade achieved its objective and/or was a great victory for Chaos. It says that the Crimson Path is expanding towards Terra behind the advancing Black Crusade as it was intended to do. So what's your problem with the fluff. It seems you just hate Chaos.
>>
>>54922203
Can they even be blamed at this point? Chaos is literally being made the jobber here in order to jerk off Girlyman's new empire
>>
>>54922214
EoT.

>>54922186
I am stuck on this ride to the end.
>>
>>54922246
Carnac, I...
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/12th_Black_Crusade
>>
>>54922261
I, fellow imeprial-anon, mean when they bitch and moan like they do yeah
>>
>>54922191
Lets see. The Eldar and Imperium are now officially allies. The Ynnari have done missions for Girlyman. The Tau and Necrons can be easily convinced to join up. The Orks through Ghaz can also join up much like the Orcs did in the fantasy End Times.

That leaves the Tyranids. How can we make them join the Alliance of Light?
>>
>>54922261
>being made the jobber
>legitimately lose the games

Better train some more, Chaoscuck
>>
>>54922278
Yes, and? The Gothic War ended with Abaddon getting what he wanted. All the Chaos artefacts and 2 of the Blackstone Fortresses. It was a mission complete.
>>
>>54922300
But how do we counteract the painting points?
>>
>>54922318
You might want to get your eyes checked out there old boy.

See that sidebar on the right, where it says imperial victory?

Yeah.
>>
>>54922087
It is the Mishima family tradition.
>>
>>54922337
You don't. This whole thing is a farce and the funny thing is that even GW seems to be realizing it
>>
File: Black Crusades.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusades.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>54922338
Ho about you read what's in the codexes rather than what's in the wikis, eh? Abaddon was there for the BFS and the 2 Chaos relics.
>>
File: spire jiiiiiiiiii.jpg (359KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
spire jiiiiiiiiii.jpg
359KB, 2560x1600px
>>54922318
I got my eldar pirate waifu, I have no regrets [/spoiler[
>>
>>54922288
They are fighting for the side of overreacting gods and daddy issues marines.
>>
File: 1461701322542.jpg (1MB, 2205x1870px) Image search: [Google]
1461701322542.jpg
1MB, 2205x1870px
>>54922383
Nigga, you gay.
>>
>>54922380
Um excuse me sweety but running back to the eye of terror with your tail between your legs isn't what I'd call victory :)
>>
>>54922405
it's not gay if he's in a voidstalker
>>
>>54922380
Oh, look the reason why no one wants to help the villan sueness that is Chaos. And then you wonder why all Xenos are targetting Chaos.
>>
I just don't understand how Carnac STILL gets so many (you)s.
>>
>>54922189
>Goddamnit its the wall of text guy. When will he grow up?
Again with the projection.

>Chaos wasn't in Rogue Trader
Now that's just a straight up lie.

>>54922246
>the CSM and lore outright tells you that EACH and EVERY SINGLE Black Crusade achieved its objective and/or was a great victory for Chaos.

Yes, because Crusade 11 totally started out with the goal of creating Daemon-Ork hybrids (which is still different from possessing them) through Chaos sorcery and captured Weirdboyz.

Oh wait, that's right, he didn't. Abaddon tried to find a way around Cadia from the Eye of Terror and got lost in the Warp instead.

That's not a fucking objective achieved, that's a failure and Failbaddon trying to make the best of a shitty situation.

>>54922414
>Um excuse me sweety but running back to the eye of terror with your tail between your legs isn't what I'd call victory :)
You think that's bad? Go look at Crusade 11. Abaddon lost to some no-name Ork Warlord.
>>
>>54922246
>Implying pathetic Chaos manlets can achieve anything against chad Marines
LMAO
M
A
O
>>
File: anothersuccesfulblackcrusade.gif (2MB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
anothersuccesfulblackcrusade.gif
2MB, 400x275px
>>54922380
we've beat you 13 times and we'll do it again chaosboy
>>
>>54922294
The Hive Mind realizes Chaos has to die before it can eat everything, and prioritized that. Simple.
>>
>>54922414
It is a victory because they achieved what they sought and inflicted terrible damage on the Imperium before retreating with all the loot and slaves. The whole war was a massive raid, not a proper invasion of conquest.

Sticking around for the Imperium to grind you down with its near-limitless numbers now that's 12 level mental deficiency. It's regularly stated that the traitor forces have less numbers and inferior tech to the Imperium. Fighting the Imperium in a war of attrition over planets that will be consumed by the Warp when the Crimson path is unleashed is not worth. Going back to the Eye and consolidating your gains is infinitely smarter.

Now check what happened to the Gothic sector after the Great Rift was spawned. It's said that most of it is now covered by the Warp. The traitors efforts were rewarded and the Imperials efforts were in vain.
>>
>>54922425
Honestly, I don't know why either. The guy just gets under people's skin with his arrogance, screeching of "RETCON" anytime someone points out old fluff that makes Chaos look weak/flawed in anyway whatsoever, and 'muh Chaos is destined to win' despite all the fucking evidence to the contrary.
>>
How hard would it be if TG made a "world"(HA) campaing like this? Maybe even adding it to 1d4chan if it becomes cool.
>>
>>54922487
He's like that annoying kid in 5th grade who always butted in discussions which had nothing to do with him.

You can almost hear his nasally voice
>>
>>54922427
>Again with the projection.

Ain'y no project. You are killing me with the walls of text. I wish they were informative and had substance but nooooo

>Now that's just a straight up lie.

Ain't no lie.

>Yes, because Crusade 11 totally started out with the goal of creating Daemon-Ork hybrids (which is still different from possessing them) through Chaos sorcery and captured Weirdboyz.
>Oh wait, that's right, he didn't. Abaddon tried to find a way around Cadia from the Eye of Terror and got lost in the Warp instead.

You dumbass. I made a whole thread about the main the objective of the Black Crusades. They were about hunting Pylons and conducting rituals to weaken reality.

Guess what Abaddon did with the captured Orks? He used them to weaken the walls of reality. Achieving his main objective.

>Abaddon lost to some no-name Ork Warlord.

Nope, he saw no point in fighting the Waaagh! after he got what he wanted. The Imperial world was doomed anyways.

>>54922448
Kharn steamrolled through Primaris marines and the Alpha Legion defeated Imperial Fist P-Marines in Shroud of Night.

>>54922454
Nope, you lost 13 times but did not know it.
>>
File: Chaos Wins (sem).png (230KB, 800x291px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Wins (sem).png
230KB, 800x291px
>>54922487
>'muh Chaos is destined to win' despite all the fucking evidence to the contrary.

There is no evidence to the contrary though.
>>
>>54922484
Horus got to Terra under all those conditions and worse (9 enemy Primarchs) in 7 years and struck down an enemy Primarch and the Emperor in battle. Abaddon has spent 10,000 facing an increasingly decrepit Imperium with only one Primarch and STILL has yet to get anywhere near it much less slay a Primarch. Unbelievably pathetic.
>>
>>54922603
>has daemons
>literally has a free pass trough half the imperium because lol rift
>imperium is being assaulted from all sides by xenos
>subject to 10 millennia of stagnation and technological decay
>still can't put a dent in it compared to Horus who conquered almost half of it
h-h-h-horus w-w-was weak !
i'm gonna laugh so hard when abbadon gets turned into a daemon prince against his will
>>
File: worried.png (144KB, 264x288px) Image search: [Google]
worried.png
144KB, 264x288px
>>54922035
> That apothecary.

Is he putting a bullet in his brain or performing field surgery?
>>
>>54922664
he's extracting the gene-seed
>>
>>54922603
Horus had half the Imperium and the element of surprise. Horus was handed everything on a sliver platter. Abaddon built himself from nothing and united a faction that could never be united. Abaddon faces stiff resistance not only from the Imperium but from the Chaos Gods and the Chaos faction that he calls allies. Abaddon working condition is way worse than Horus.

I can't believe you said that with a straight face. Are you trolling me?
>>
>>54922189
>Chaos wasn't in the majority of Rogue Trader.
Yes it was, it just wasn't in the core rulebook.
>>
File: War in the Rift.png (910KB, 1105x475px) Image search: [Google]
War in the Rift.png
910KB, 1105x475px
>>54922652
Dude, it's explained that after the Great Rift spawned the Chaos Gods, their daemons, and many Chaos warbands started getting distracted by all the free loot everywhere and went their own way. Each carving an empire of his own.

>>subject to 10 millennia of stagnation and technological decay

The traitors are also stagnating. They have it worse than the Imperium when it comes to technology and knowledge. They cannot have reliable geneseed harvesting and implantation.

>>still can't put a dent in it compared to Horus who conquered almost half of it

The Great Rift isn't a dent? It's a slash over the galaxy that took hundreds of thousands of worlds with it.
>>
>>54922722
Source me, senpai. What Rogue Trader books had Chaos outside of Realm of Chaos?
>>
>Only two more weeks of Chaos getting fucked
Get ready for the salt fuelled MUH CHAOS fluff we'll get out of GW after this.
>>
>>54922675
Oh, so both.
>>
>>54922261
>Can they even be blamed at this point? Chaos is literally being made the jobber
Know what you could do, Chaosboy? Stop being unlikeable asshole to everyone and build some popularity so your faction will get promoted to the heel role one day.
>>
>>54922756
Konor is prelude for Ultramar round 2 when Mort tries again to destroy Macrrage. The results of this player driven campaign are suppose to influence the narrative of that event.
>>
>>54922806
So how do they play it off if imperium wins all of the planets?
>>
>>54922805
Nope, GW can instead do research and game development in order to make balanced campaigns. It's not our jobs to be nice to you. You are a dick and dicks don't deserve nice things.
>>
>>54922742
Adeptus Titanicus.
>>
>>54922756
I only wish this whole campaigh was about Abby himself and his failures. Sweet tears and salty excuses from Chaosfags would be delicious.
>>
>>54922837
Just like with Warhammer Fantasy we'll see them pretend Chaos didn't lose and push them up to Ultramar anyway. Then maybe Abaddon will get BTFO'd by an Ork.
>>
>>54922806
So far mortarion isn't even gonna bother showing up
>>
>>54922837
Read the description of each planet. First planet was manpower, second was production power (more tanks), and third was about food.

These will stack in the advantage of the Imperium in the coming narrative. Poor morty.
>>
>>54922678
It took Abaddon 10 millenia just trying to break out of the Eye of Terror and even when he did he still can't get to Terra. HE'S HAD THOUSANDS OF YEARS TO PLAN AND SCHEME BUT HE CAN'T DO SOMETHING THAT HORUS DID IN A MEASLY SEVEN.
>>
>>54922838
Try harder, cuckboi
>>
>>54922838
>balanced campaigns
It's balanced around faction popularity, Chaosboy. You know Chaosfags are despised jerks when xenos players pile on them despite all the attention grabbing by the Imperium.
>>
>>54922854
>GHAZGHKULL IZ DA BEST!
>And he made a gesture of his own at the Despoiler's nether regions.
>>
>>54922854
>Then maybe Abaddon will get BTFO'd by an Ork
GHAZZ'D
>>
>>54922861
I bet the last mission would be about GK sending Morty to the Warp again
>>
>>54922854
The traitors can push up to Ultramar anytime they want. The Deathguard are handing around in the Scourge Stars a few rock throws away from Maccrage. The Konor campaign is about how reinforced Maccrrage is going be against the second invasion.
>>
>>54922886
>It's balanced around faction popularity

Which is bad balance. The number of players should decide campaigns.

>>54922878
Dude, the Eye doesn't acknowledge time. There are dudes in the Black Legion that just come into the Eye from the Siege of Terra despite thousand of years passing in real space, The Siege of Terra being a fresh memory instead of dstant past. 10K years in the Imperium but could be a blink of an eye for guys in the Eye.

And ONLY THE 13TH IS A PUSH TOWARDS TERRA.
>>
>read next mission
>chaos are defenders
>attackers get endless reinforcements

Fuck this campaign
>>
>>54922950
>Which is bad balance
It's the only right balance, active players and painters in the community
>>
File: IMG_2204.jpg (234KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2204.jpg
234KB, 900x563px
>>54922678
Horus:
>Brave, strong, intelligent commander
>Fearlessly faced down Sanguinius and the Emperor in quick succession, killed both
>All but conquered the galaxy in seven years with the autistic, retarded dregs of the Primarchs against the Imperium at the apex of its power

Abaddon:
>Weak, outdated manlet model, everyone deserts him the moment they get a chance
>Beaten up by a gaggle of ordinary humans while being a Space Marine in Terminator armor, runs away
>STILL squatting in the Cadian system after getting a hundred years to break through
>Wearing a slave brand on his forehead and too dumb to realize it

>"H-Horus was w-weak."
>>
>>54922973
Nope, players of numerically challenged factions have no incentive of playing in these campaigns.
>>
>>54922953
maybe you should have won the first three planets
>>
>>54923000
How about you ask xenos to help you, Chaosboy? Total number of players means nothing when activity decides the winner.
>>
>>54922994
>>Beaten up by a gaggle of ordinary humans while being a Space Marine in Terminator armor, runs away

The only ordinary dude there was Creed and he was comically disarmed by Abaddon.

>>STILL squatting in the Cadian system after getting a hundred years to break through

The lore says that the Imperiumis throwing almost everything they have to contain him there.

>>"H-Horus was w-weak."

Dude, He wasn't the first guy who said those words. The Chaos Gods used Abaddon future words and voice to mock Horus as he entered the gate to meet them because he indeed was a weak fool. They didn't intend him to win but to lose. Abaddon is the guy they want to win.
>>
>>54923033
Players with higher numbers can do more activity. I cannot believe I have to say that. They can paint more, they can play more.

And players shouldn't have to beg other faction players. The fact you said this confirms that the campaign was poorly planned.
>>
>>54922805
>He plays chaos so he must be an irredeemable asshole
I bet you on the other hand are a joy to be around...
>>
ELDAR WAIFUS SOON FELLOW OFFICERS
>>
>>54922742
The Compendium, the Compilation, the Battle Manual, the Vehicle Manual, WAAARGH Da Orks, Ere We Go, Freebooterz, Space Crusade, Adeptus Titanicus.
Lots.
>>
>>54923115
When?
>>
>>54923127
>>54922722
I stand corrected then.
>>
File: dark eldar vs space marines.jpg (217KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar vs space marines.jpg
217KB, 1200x1600px
>>54923115
mine's broken she only likes anal say's her name is Tomriel the male
>>
>>54923063
Why is Abaddon just so awful in every conceivable way?

We can't we have a calm, collected, and completely stoic leader? One who every damned fucker could look up to? A silent and horrific being whose very name spreads fear throughout the galaxy, like Space Sauron or something?
>>
>>54923063
>Warp closing off, leaving ordinary humans against Terminator
>Terminator loses

>Can't break through a simple cordon after 100 years while everyone else just dances around it

>Horus achieves far more, is infinitely more powerful and braver, only falls to the Emperor himself
>Abaddon won't even face Girlyman in a stasis tomb
>Abaddon calls Horus weak

LOL
>>
Good work, lads! Let's make that 4-0. What are the chaosfags up to in Britbongland? And where did they sprout from in Europe?
>>
>>54922994
If I were arsed I'd do a virgin crimson path vs chad dark compliance meme
>>
>>54923323
Do it. It would be the next Bel'akor Rocks meme.
>>
>>54923271
>>Warp closing off, leaving ordinary humans against Terminator

A hard blinded terminator who is having his mind ravaged by Greyfax. And then he was stabbed by Celestine from the back.

>>Can't break through a simple cordon after 100 years while everyone else just dances around it

Abaddon forces are spread across the galaxy. Why he is sticking there. The Crimson Path, you dumbass. The more they feed the Cadian War more men the more the Crimson Path expands.

>Horus achieves far more, is infinitely more powerful and braver, only falls to the Emperor himself

Wrong. Horus was handed everything. Abaddon took everything by force and achieved everything desoite the odds set against him.

>>>Abaddon won't even face Girlyman in a stasis tomb

Abaddon needs to be at the gate to keep his forces together.

The real question is why won't Girly come to Abaddon. Abaddon cannot afford to leave Cadia now. Girlyman has been to the four corners of the galaxy.

>>Abaddon calls Horus weak

Because he was. He allowed Chaos to turn him into a literal puppet.
>>
>>54923033
>How about you ask xenos to help you, Chaosboy?
You do know Imperials outnumber all other factions put together right?
>>
File: 1502858440031.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502858440031.gif
174KB, 299x240px
You know what's sadder than chaos losing so badly? Imperium cucks who act like a global campaign where 2/3+ of all players are on the same side brings any sort of meaning to their lives.

t. xenos
>>
>>54923366
And equally false.
>>
I am going to have so much fun as Grey Knights this week.
>>
>>54923408
Do we have any numbers at all for the number of players?
>Tfw being one of the 52 or something Crons in MedusaV
>>
File: watch for falling rock.jpg (116KB, 1600x1555px) Image search: [Google]
watch for falling rock.jpg
116KB, 1600x1555px
>>54923410

>>54923418
post battle reports when you can plz
>>
>>54923408
>supports the faction which will relegate his own faction to the sidelines
>calls others cucks

Really jogs the noggin'
>>
>>54923210
>We can't we have a calm, collected, and completely stoic leader? One who every damned fucker could look up to? A silent and horrific being whose very name spreads fear throughout the galaxy, like Space Sauron or something?

He is that. That's exactly how Abaddon is portrayed in the Black Legion series. Except for the fits of rage and his dry humour. Abaddon in the Black Legion novel is both a brother and father figure to Khayon. He has a dark gentleness in what he does. Dude is a cool cat.
>>
>>54923507
The authors are to blame, not the players.
I thought you
>>
>>54923548
To spite the authors one must sadly spite the players as well.

But seeing how smug they are it is a pleasant sacrifice
>>
>>54923530
You know what? It's long overdue but I think I am going start the Black Legion thread and dump the interesting parts of it.
>>
>>54923471
I wish I had saved the chart I saw a couple weeks ago because I can only find charts with tournament armies, but Space Marines were just under half of all armies, with the rest of the imperium rounding them out to around 3/5 or so
>>
>>54923391
> achieved everything
last time i checked you fucksticks where still bogged down in the "lol the laws of reality don't apply here" part of the galaxy while horus actually fought and nearly won a conventional war
>>
>Epic showdown between Ultramarines and Death Guard
>Death Guard minis unreleased

wew lad
>>
>>54923391
>So weak a bog-standard human woman can hurt you with psychic attacks
Not helping your case there.

>The Chaos Gods wanted Abaddon to win since the Heresy and foreordained his 13 crusades
>Abaddon is a self-made man who had to take everything for himself against universal opposition
Pick one, Carnac

>Why won't Guilliman come to Abaddon?
Because he has to deal with actual threats, like Mortarion. An autistic loser of a Primarch if there ever was one, who by the way just easily cucked Abaddon out of both the spotlight and a shiny new plastic model. Chad Marines are easily enough to deal with Armless the Harmless and his pitiful band of impotent manlets.

>Crimson Path
Even by his own standards (kill the Emperor and backstab the Gods) this plan is amazingly dumb and firm proof he's nothing but their unwitting puppet.
>>
>>54922553
>Kharn
fuck that guy his fluff is literally "haha you can shoot him all you want he can't die LOL"
>>
>>54923660
>abbadon wins
>kills the emperor and backstabs the gods
>is stuck on the sol system because no astronomicon and no chaos gods to hold his hand and show him the way
>over half his troops (at the very least) desert him because they're sworn to the chaos gods
what a cuck
>>
>>54923530
>Cool Cat
In Fall of Cadia he has a Blackstone Fortress commander who's only fault was failing to anticipate "suddenly Phalanx" tortured for years and he literally backstabbed that True Sons commander during their mutual victory speech like a massive coward.
>>
>>54923633
Horus started with half the legions, half the Imperium, and element of surprise that saw him crippling several loyalist legion in one strike.

Once again I have to say that Abaddon started from zero in what basically is hell. Now thanks to hm every single planet in the Imperium is being besieged by Chaos including Terra.

>a conventional war

Actually, Khayon says that the Black Legion could smash its way to Terra and take it butt hey will be stranded there surrounded by the whole vengeful Imperium. So the plan is the Crimson Path which would allow the traitor's to conquer Terra and keep it using it as capital to establish Abaddon's Dark Imperium
>>
>>54923723
"We could take Terra any time we wanted!" yells the Black Legion Sorcerer to the Inquisition.

Can't take Cadia

Or Macragge.

Real believable.
>>
>>54923723
Horus started with 1 legion, the word bearers and like 1 system at best (which he had to conquer from his own loyalist elements, he swayed 8 traitor legions to his side with purges,diplomacy,cunning and guile , aside from the word bearers he had to work for each of those. He turned over half the imperial army against the empire as well , that would be the equivalent of half the guard and navy defecting
abbadon started with a shitton of pissed of veterans immune to the affects of time, and a base where he can strike from without fear of retaliation (which he's more than happy to run back to and hide all the time )
>>
>>54921915
Wow, Laurie sounds like a cunt.
>>
>>54923660
>Not helping your case there.

She isn't a big standard. I am warning you now. Don't don't be an asshole. Strick to what's in the lore and be honest. Greyfax was stated to be a potent psyker. So potent that unlike 99% of the Psykers on Cadia, didn't straight up die when the Pylons activated.

>Pick one, Carnac

I can pick to. The Chaos Gods did not hold Abaddon's hand. In fact, they challenged him again and again and made his life hard because he would not bow to them.

>Because he has to deal with actual threats, like Mortarion.

Because in all likeliness he knows that Abaddon would wreck his shit.

>Even by his own standards (kill the Emperor and backstab the Gods) this plan is amazingly dumb and firm proof he's nothing but their unwitting puppet.

Abaddon has a 10K year old plan to screw over the Chaos Gods and the Chaos Gods actually fear Abaddon seeing in through that's why they will attempt to deny him victory unless he submits first.

>>54923719
>In Fall of Cadia he has a Blackstone Fortress commander who's only fault was failing to anticipate "suddenly Phalanx" tortured

Khayon actually comments on this. Abaddon sometimes has fits of rage that can end with him killing those who don't deserve to die but most of the time he is understands that defeat is sometimes cannot be avoided.

>and he literally backstabbed that True Sons commander during their mutual victory speech like a massive coward.

You can blame Be'lakor for that. He poisoned Abaddon's mind against that guy.
>>
Grand Campaign between Imperium and Chaos begins (and points also awarded to building and painting new minis), and the releases for the past month and a half have looked like

>Starter boxes with Primaris and Death Guard
>Primaris Intercessors
>Primaris Reivers
>Primaris Hellblasters
>Primaris Repulsor
>Primaris Captain
>Primaris Librarian
>Primaris Apothecary
>Primaris Chaplain
>Primaris Inceptors
>Primaris Redemptor
>Primaris Aggressors
>Grey Knights GM Voldus
>Grey Knights Castellan Crowe
>Grey Knights Strike Squad
>Codex: Space Marines
>Codex: Grey Knights
>Codex: Chaos Space Marines

GW: "Come on, Chaos! You guys can do it!"
>>
>>54923828
That was before they became the crazy shits they are now, They were reasonable and they trusted Horus.

Abaddon is hated by the legions and when he started the Black Legion all the major legions tried to see his newborn legion destroyed because they saw the Black Legion as an abomination filled with double traitors.

>>54923820
>Can't take Cadia

The one time they wanted to take Cadia, they took it.
>>
>>54923873
they didn't take it , they had to ram a blackstone fortress into it specifically because they couldn't take it
>>
>>54923873
They got pushed off and to resort to throwing rocks at it to make it blow up and it counted as a victory because "muh Crimson Path".
>>
File: Just.png (77KB, 974x489px) Image search: [Google]
Just.png
77KB, 974x489px
An attempt was made.

Anons without two left hands are free to improve.
>>
>>54923974
>>54923971
Semantics. The original plan was to have the Blackstone Fortress blow Cadia to dust. The minute Abaddon's armada the Blackstone Fortress targeted Cadia and fired its world ending load. However, Trazyn augmented the Imperial planetary gellar shield which nullified the Warp beam saving Cadia.

The traitors then had to land to disable the gellar shield. Then Trazyn butted in and saved the losing Imperials using his shennigans and collection. But that turned to a worthless plan when the phalanx arrived and blew up the BSF. Abaddon decided to improvise by using the remnants of the BSF to destroy Cadia.

But then he got word that the Imperials were going to activate the Pylons. He saw that as a challenge to himself so he decided to have one last battle before he sent the rocks in to destroy Cadia. Win or lose this battle, Abaddon already decided the fate of the war. Abaddon said as much when he was torturing Creed.

Am I the only one who reads the fluff?
>>
>>54924060
Furthermore, the guys at GW in the WD article about Fall of Cadia said that Abaddon can just blow up Cadia but they decided against that because they wanted to write a more satisfying ending for Cadia. They had to bullshit Abaddon to land on the planet when he had no reason to.

The fuckers wrote Abaddon out of his character in order to do that. Even just sits there while the teleporting sequence starts and thinks "did I just pull a Horus?"
>>
>>54923838
>Greyfax
Is a somewhat potent psyker but hardly Alpha level. She has no exceptional feats to her name beyond mere survival. Horus would have flayed her with a look.

>Chaos Gods give him blessings and a (slave) instead of a super plague or spawndom
Really makes you think.

>Guilliman rushed around saving the Imperium and fighting real villains instead of bullying armless
Magnus & Mortarion are far more pressing than some obsolete manlet.

Also Guilliman wrecks Abaddon easily on the tabletop.
>>
>>54923829
MrDarth is literally one of the most annoying posters of Bolter and Chainsword. I don't think even TG could deal with this guy.
>>
>>54924228
Not as annoying as that bald cunt.

There's a reason he's now editin LoL lore (lmao)
>>
>>54924220
>Is a somewhat potent psyker but hardly Alpha level. She has no exceptional feats to her name beyond mere survival. Horus would have flayed her with a look.

She is potent enough to kill space marines with her mind. Especially when she directs all her power at it.

>Really makes you think.

Because Abaddon is the only one in this age can deliver them victory. The CSM codex says it takes a long time to someone like Abaddon to emerge.

>Magnus & Mortarion are far more pressing than some obsolete manlet.

Not really. The Imperias main focus is to contain Abaddon's Crusade in the Cadian Gate. Girlyman can end the war and break the back of Chaos by just killing Abaddon.
>>
File: IMG_1978.jpg (18KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
18KB, 214x200px
>>54924114
>Abby get his hands on some McGuffins because you gotta find ways to fill in the blanks of the Black Crusades that don't make him look like An incompetent moron
>Realize later that "Oh shit, these McGuffin's are too powerful, he can just cheese his way past Cadia now!"
>Quickly rush out a contrived and moronic reason for Topknot not to use the McGuffin immediately, making him look like an even bigger moron.
Games Workshop writing everyone. Truly a pinnacle of literary achievement.
>>
File: He had enough.png (60KB, 1598x438px) Image search: [Google]
He had enough.png
60KB, 1598x438px
>>54924265
He is being a cunt because fanboys keep bullying him.
>>
>>54924265
>>54924298
He doesn't sound like a cunt. He sounds exactly how someone that has to dealt with 40K fanbase constantly should be.
>>
>>54924298
>oh woe is me, why won't they treat me like a god
If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

There's a reason he was disliked on literally every forum except his own.
>>
What gives, Corpse-Worshipers? You outnumber us a million to twelve, 2/3rds of Xenos players are backing you up, you get extra points for buying and painting all of your new models while Chaos hasn't gotten any new models since the Dark Imperium box, and you get points for fighting yourselves. Why are you guys losing so badly on the 4th planet so far?

No new model releases this week for you to paint to boost your scores?
>>
>>54923838
>"I'm a cool cat except for those times when I fly into a random homocidal rage and slaughter my henchmen for no reason."
Convincing.
>>
What is the player base breakdown?
60 IoM
20 Xenos
20 Chaos
?
>>
File: file.png (129KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129KB, 400x398px
>>54924399
We thought we'd let this one slide because we're nice like that, it was really quite pathetic
>>
>>54924411
It's explained that the Chaos Gods continuously screaming in his head for his attention and obedience paired with the struggle with Drach'nyen and its dread whispers has changed Abaddon from his older self. He is more prone to dark moods.

I can understand why he has to lash out from time to time.
>>
>>54924422
Probably about 50-30-20 Imperium - Chaos Xenos. Tournament numbers would be a bit skewed up, what with Guard being top dog.
>>
>>54924281
>Chaos is inevitably destined to win
>Abaddon is their only hope for victory
They're fucking doomed then.
>>
>>54924656

I don't think chaos outnumbers all of xenos anymore
xenos is probably helping imps a bunch too making it hard to really gauge playerbases, need gw to tell us stats
>>
So how long until GW decides to remove all other factions? Will the game swap to factions of SM bickering over top billing? I'm down to watch that.
>>
>>54925006
Xenos squatted when?
What xenos can GW squat first without too much bitching? Slowly they can squat the rest
>>
File: 1404424625531.png (810KB, 826x667px) Image search: [Google]
1404424625531.png
810KB, 826x667px
>>54924715
Wait, if even xenos outnumber Chaos, does this mean that the chaosfags are cheating and reporting more victories than they actually get?
>>
>>54925457
Xenos get to choose every game whether to take points away from Imps or Chaos.
>The power is yours!
>>
Chaos losing in a warp storm is hilarious to me.
>>
>>54925790

>Fighting in a warp storm
>imperials get infinity respawns
Hrmmmmmm
>>
>>54925790
>There's A crazy ass Warpstorm going on over here!
>Oh but wait, it's having little to no effect on the non-Chaos factions and isn't providing any real benefit to Chaos
It's Soulstorm all over again.
>>
>>54925790
this entire planet is confounding me, where were all these chaos players and friends in the uk and the eu a day ago on Nethamus?
>>
I've just realised the Deepstrike stratagem lets me drop 20 electropriests straight on top of my enemy then charge. Might be worth blowing 2CP to do that and reroll charge, because that's a hell of an alpha strike combined with some Infiltrators providing supporting objective nabbing.

What's this about infinite reinforcements? I don't see anything like that, and I can't get to my rulebook to look up Sustained Assault ATM. Spoonfeed old?
>>
>>54925790
>Even in the eyes of Chaos, the Emperor Protects.
It sounds good for a propaganda.

>>54926517
Legion of the Damned?

>>54926549
Only that this time the IG gets the glory instead of orks?

>>54926567
Too busy eating rotten bread.
>>
>>54926567
When I first looked the Imperium was getting its ass kicked so hard I just assumed it started with a 75/25 split in Chaos' favor.
>>
>>54926684
>Only that this time the IG gets the glory instead of orks?
Assuming that our friends across the pond don't drop the ball, which they seem to have done pretty hard right now.
>>
>>54924399
>get the shit kicked out of him for three weeks straight
>so pathetic everyone stopped bothering to even try on the 4th week
>"HAHAH WHAT'S WRONG FAGS HAHA"
>>
>>54923820
>Can't take Cadia
The one time it's been up for grabs, we took it.
>>
>>54921915
>Apparently Rick Priestly and Alan Merret repeatedly said that Chaos is destined to win.
I'm extremely curious if there's any source for this.
>>
>>54926921
See
>>54923971 and >>54923974
>>
File: Fair and Balanced.png (34KB, 874x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fair and Balanced.png
34KB, 874x500px
>>54924422
Yes i know it's from reddit, but oh well.
>>
YOU GUYS ARE DUMB IF IT'S IMPERIAL VS. IMPERIAL AND THE ATTACKER WINS HE GETS TO ADD A POINT TO CHAOS
>>
>>54926941
Both of those were GS.

The last time there was an actual world wide campaign back in '03, Cadia fell, and then GW retconned it because Chaos can't win or whatever.
>>
>>54926981
are you ok anon?
>>
>>54926942
What's funny is that's almost exactly the ratio that imperium has won by in the first 3 planets.
>>
>>54926942
>Xenos side with Imperium over Chaos 2:1
>Xenos combined outnumbers chaos by a bit

Neat
>>
>>54922838
>It's not our jobs to be nice to you
maybe this is why everyone hates you
>>
>>54923063
>the gods wanted horus to lose and abaddon to win

If this doesn't scream villain sue with ceramite plot armour I don't know what does
>>
>>54926981
It was wrong yesterday and its still even more fucking wrong today for repeating your ridiculous headcannon campaign rules.
>>
>>54923391
>Wrong. Horus was handed everything. Abaddon took everything by force and achieved everything desoite the odds set against him.

So wait, did the chaos gods want Abaddon to succeed and sabotaged Horus or didn't they?
>>
>>54923838
>the Chaos Gods actually fear Abaddon
It's time to stop, Carnac.
>>
>>54920461
I feel like GW is playing some alpha legion stuff here. We already saw that Mortarion is getting a model, so whenever the chadmarines win, Chaos might get some stuff for a big counter-attack.
>>
>>54926981
>YOU GUYS ARE DUMB IF IT'S IMPERIAL VS. IMPERIAL AND THE ATTACKER WINS HE GETS TO ADD A POINT TO CHAOS

And this claim is still just as untrue as it was when you posted last time.

>>54923838
>Strick to what's in the lore and be honest.
>Carnac telling people this without a hint of irony
Your stupidity never ceases to amaze Carnac.

>Because in all likeliness he knows that Abaddon would wreck his shit.
>Abaddon
>Wreck Guilliman's shit
>Ever
>Especially on the tabletop

Now that's a laff and a half.
>>
>>54928387
The G man Abby fight would be hilarious because someone is gonna job hard and it is on the writer. Either sides tears would be sustaining for years after.
>>
>>54924656
Highly doubt Chaos outnumbers Xenos nowadays. I'd say it's likely something like 50 Imperium (30 SM) - 30 Xenos (All the Eldar factions making up somewhere between 10-15) - 20 Chaos (who cares).
>>
>>54925120
/hhg/ is that way
>>
If its Imps vs Imps. each game stroe decedes who is chaos. Usually based on who ie defeneder/attacker. Its not a written rule.,
>>
>>54929013
Nice
How much of the pie do T'au make up?
>>
>>54929424
blueberry
>>
>>54929060
>no.gif
>>
>>54929060
>If its Imps vs Imps. each game stroe decedes who is chaos. Usually based on who ie defeneder/attacker. Its not a written rule.,
If it's not a written rule then it doesn't apply to the global campaign.
>>
>>54925457
>>54925494
Honestly, the only reason my store has even been contested is because some of the local Orks contingent has been giving Chaos pity points.

It's frankly a little depressing.
>>
So, Imperials get respawns on a 4+, but because it's Narrative, Chaos gets unlimited summoning. This seems fair.
>>
>>54920909
Hey Thomas
>>
>>54930842
>So, Imperials get respawns on a 4+, but because it's Narrative, Chaos gets unlimited summoning. This seems fair.
Wait, where's this coming from?
>>
>>54930842
>but because it's Narrative, Chaos gets unlimited summoning
is it actually said that it's played using Narrative rules? or is it up to the store or something?
you'd think that GW would make it clear when it affects shit like stratagems
>>
File: 2017-08-17_23.22.47.jpg (87KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-17_23.22.47.jpg
87KB, 720x720px
>>54931080

Idk anon, maybe if you read the current mission?

>>54931130
It's a narrative mission using narrative rules. That's how it's been the whole time.
>>
>>54931331
The Imperium is the attacker, though.
>>
>>54931545

Are you capable of following a reply chain or just illiterate?
>>
>>54923838
>Most of the time Abby's a pretty chill dude.
I'm pretty sure that in one of the Grey Knights novels he glassed a planet full of titans that were in production for thousands of years and literally just waiting for him to claim because one of them self destructed, prior to the invasion of Cadia, where even a minuscule fraction of them would have tipped the scales.
>>
>>54931636
were these imperial titans, or the chaos ones pertruabo was working on?
>>
>>54931674
They were (probably) imperial, but the planet was a forge world, had been in the warp for a bunch of centuries, had it's governing ai thing corrupted by chaos, and all loyalist killed off when the corruption kicked off.
>>
File: 1495859666584.jpg (161KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
1495859666584.jpg
161KB, 545x545px
>>54931636
>>54931674
It was from 'Dark Adeptus' in the Grey Knights Omnibus. IIRC that bit took place on a chaos admech forge world, and they were chaos titans. One of the titans some some OC-Doughnut STC titan that the GK pop'ed so abby threw a little tantrum
>>
>>54931941
Sounds about right. Been a couple years since I've read it, and I don't have it on hand, but yeah, to 5 minutes Abby is in it he destroys hundreds to thousands of titans because "I can't have the cool one."
>>
>>54924448

Sympathetic =\= justifiable.

A character can not be both prone to homicidal, unpredictable rages and "a pretty chill cat".
>>
>>54921982
>I mean heck it's pretty fluffy. In the Deathwatch codex it's said the a thousand >xeno races used the Chaos invasion to launch their campaigns on the Imperium that oppressed them for so long

Nah, that's stupid. First off, xenos do not necesarilly know the difference between different human factions (and chaos IS humans with some daemons mixed in), especially orks, not to mention tyranids that don't give a single fuck. For races that DO recognise the difference siding with chaos is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. It's fucking suicide.

T. Black Legion player.
>>
>>54922076
Chaos may loose obviously. If Slaanesh eats Eldars or Ynnaed kills her and Tyranids consume humanity or Necrons somehow manage to harvest all life (yeah, I know it's retconed), chaos would eventually starve and become a minor nuissance, fueled by emotions of some minor xenos factions.
>>
>>54932119
Tell that to Kharn.
>>
>>54922035

>"Over the hill you go you foul traitor."
>CSM on the ground "Fuck you corpse humping worshippers...I platinumed life!" *dies*
>Apothecary - "Damnit Julian and Rhoul I told you guys to refill my Narthecium with the euthanizing drug not the agonizers!"
>>
>>54922854

Was storm of chaos so brazenly manipulated?
>>
>>54932512
Every campaign I can remember was manipulated like this. Except maybe Medusa 5, I dont remember too much of that one.
>>
Lmao chaoscucks are so sad that not even GW shilling for them can gey them wins. 6 planets for the imperium bois!
>>
>>54928387
>Your stupidity never ceases to amaze Carnac.

I always stick to the fluff. For example, I wan't the one who claimed that Greyfax was a run in the mill psyker.

>>Wreck Guilliman's shit

Yes, he can in the lore. Dude has the echo of the first murder. Girlyman was felled by lesser Chaos weapons.
>>
>>54926941
You see

>>54924060

You are you being a moron?

>>54927969
Horus was a shit.

>>54928267
Yes. They didn't care for Horus's war and used him as a distraction to destroy the Imperial Webway. Their name for Horus is the Sacrificed King. He was fated to die.

>>54928296
Just being a messenger to what ADB says.

>>54932119
That's ableism. You shouldn't judge someone based on his/her mental issues.

>>54932189
>For races that DO recognise the difference siding with chaos is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. It's fucking suicide.

They are not siding with Chaos. Kicking the Imperium in the balls while it's not looking doesn't necessarily means you are okay with Chaos.
>>
>>54932776
Medusa V was entirel limp wristed, but pure. Just like Nemesis Crown and Albion - the campaigns where GW doesn't give a shit about the outcome are less spectacular but more real.
>>
>>54933730
>They are not siding with Chaos. Kicking the Imperium in the balls while it's not looking doesn't necessarily means you are okay with Chaos.
>They are not siding with the Imperium. Kicking Chaos in the balls while it's not looking doesn't necessarily means you are okay with the Imperium.
That goes both ways. And at least Chaos is used having 'NPC factions' kick 'em in the dick. Particularly greenskins.
>>
>>54937000
Grimgor pulling a Johnny Cage on Archaon was undoubtedly the best thing to come out of that cluster fuck.
>>
>>54937000
Grimgor attacked Archaon because Crom humuliated him.

in 40K, the xenos have suffered greatly by the hands of the Imperium more than they suffered at the hands of Chaos. With the exception being the Eldar and only on account of the Imperium can not Slaanesh destroying their empire.
>>
>>54937206
>more than they suffered at the hands of Chaos.
>What is the Great Rift aka the thing that split the galaxy in half
>Khorne's Blood Crusade's ran amok all over the galaxy attacking everyone
>Warpstorms left and right
>Imperium's is somehow making xenos suffer more

As for Grimgor, if that were the case, wouldn't Crom have been the one who got 'grimgor'd' instead of Archaon?
>>
>>54933627
>Yes, he can in the lore. Dude has the echo of the first murder. Girlyman was felled by lesser Chaos weapons.
Weren't those 'lesser Chaos weapons' being wielded by Fulgrim, a Primarch, something Abby clearly is not?
>>
>>54933627
I'm pretty sure Guilliman was cut by the Kinebrach Anatheme, the same weapon that left Horus near death.

It's moot anyways, Alpharius was decapitated by Dorn's Eviscerator, any weapon applied adequately can kill a Primarch.

Then again, Abaddon nearly died against Sigismund when the latter was long past his prime. Abaddon is nowhere near Primarch tier. He's completely overshadowed by Mortarion and Magnus, and 8E has him being Guilliman lite at best.
>>
>>54937206
>climactic destruction of the Blood Angels at the hands of the Tyranids (prophecised by Sanguinus himself during the Horus Heresy) averted because of muh Warpstorm and Ka'banda wanting to be #1 Blood Angel enemy
>Tyranid and Ork battle in Octarius getting interrupted by the Chaos Poochies
>Orks getting cucked out of Armageddon by Tzeentch and Khorne
>Farsight broke up with the Ethereals because they aren't taking Chaos Poochies seriously enough
>Everything related to Slaanesh and Eldar
>Can't krump/raid/purge/omnomnom worlds consumed by Warp Storms, these potential targets are now exclusively Imperium survivors vs Chaos

I mean, if you're a pointless bunch of faggots like the Tarellians or the Loxotl I could see being more angry at the Imperium, but those don't get models
>>
>>54920461
Glad to see Chaos BTFO like the bitches they are.
>>
>>54931331
>Respawning unit of 50 conscripts on a 2+
Time to fap
>>
>>54939490
>Then again, Abaddon nearly died against Sigismund when the latter was long past his prime. Abaddon is nowhere near Primarch tier. He's completely overshadowed by Mortarion and Magnus, and 8E has him being Guilliman lite at best.

That was Abaddon before he got the Mark of CA and Drach'nyen.
>>
>>54937697
>As for Grimgor, if that were the case, wouldn't Crom have been the one who got 'grimgor'd' instead of Archaon?

Archaon was Crom's boss. He wanted to prove himself by beating Crom's boss and proving he was the best.
>>
File: 40kArmies.png (145KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
40kArmies.png
145KB, 800x605px
>>54923612
This one?
>>
File: salamander hah.png (48KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
salamander hah.png
48KB, 192x192px
>>54940145
>needing the nebulous favors of the dark gawdz
>>
>>54938706
Daemon primarch at that
>>
>>54938706
Hey, in the Black Legion series we are keep being told that Khayon broke Magnus and forced him to kneel before Abaddon.

Recently, Khayon lost his arm. He replaced it with a golden mechanical hand created by the Dark Admech mistress allied with Abaddon. The golden mechanical arm will be warped by Chaos transforming it into a daemonic biomechanical arm. On the arm daemonic scribbles appeared cursing Khayon for betraying his father Magnus and breaking him for Abaddon.

Daemon Primarchs ain't shit.
>>
>>54932512
Let's just say had Storm of Chaos gone like the tabletop, Chaos wouldn't have made it through Kislev.
>>
>>54922246
>For example, the CSM and lore outright tells you that EACH and EVERY SINGLE Black Crusade achieved its objective and/or was a great victory for Chaos.

each and every one was a victory due to repeated retconning so that Failbaddon didnt look like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

original fluff definitely marked all previous black crusades as colossal failures for the armless one. enough of a failure that it was hoped that Huron blackheart would lead the 13th.

what we got was "no. they didn't fail. chaos secretly won a dozen times. don't question why nothing supported this fluff wise before"
>>
>>54922294
convince the tyranids that chaos tastes better
>>
>>54941120
>so that Failbaddon didnt look like a Saturday morning cartoon villain
Honestly, Abaddon looking like that was good. It meant he'd developed and improved as a character compared to the first 12 attempts.

Retconning it so "It was all part of the plan" makes him seem even more one-dimensional than most people made him out to be in the first place.
>>
>>54941120
Oh...hod why do people like you exist? Lying pieces of shit who are so shameless that it makes Nazis and real life racists blush.

>original fluff definitely marked all previous black crusades as colossal failures for the armless one. enough of a failure that it was hoped that Huron blackheart would lead the 13th.

Source this. I dare you.

>>54941810
And you are an utter moron for not questioning that guys lies.
>>
If its Imperium Vs Imperium, it all depends on the store. Most decides the Attacker/defender of the mission will add to Imperium/Chaos.
>>
>>54932512
yes, absolutely so

it was the most brazenly manipulated of the global events
>>
>>54923842
Almost as if they planned it that way...
>>
File: fc5.png (237KB, 300x485px) Image search: [Google]
fc5.png
237KB, 300x485px
>54942125
Did you just used nazis? Man Carnac, when we thought you could not sink lower.
>>
>>54942410
Shut up, Nazi.
>>
>>54942125
>This butthurt over someone mocking Abby and muh Crimson path
Take a chill pill Carnac.

>>54942165
Third time it's been posted in this thread, and it's still wrong.
>>
>>54942626
I am pissed at someone outright lying about the old fluff in such a brazen and shameless way. I asked for a source and like a coward he disappeared.
>>
>>54942640
Why are you so autistic
It's a game you gibbering retard
>>
>>54942707
It's not about the game. It's the behaviour of that person that enrages. If he is that brazen in lying about a gaem that what kind of evil is he doing in real life? He is worse than a thousand Hitlers.
>>
>>54942640
You keep claiming what he said isn't true, so wouldn't it be easier to post sources disproving his claims.

Though now that I think about it, the old win-loss record for the Black Crusades from a purely military perspective was Imperium 6, Chaos 5, and Orks 1 (Abaddon's Amazing Adventure to Reliorra), so he's probably describing them all as massive failures in order to get under your skin.
>>
File: 1498749408661.png (296KB, 610x334px) Image search: [Google]
1498749408661.png
296KB, 610x334px
>54942594
>54942743
(you) (again)
>>
>>54942756
No, he made the claim first. He should go prove. Since you are acting as moronic like him let me refresh what he said.

"original fluff definitely marked all previous black crusades as colossal failures for the armless one. enough of a failure that it was hoped that Huron blackheart would lead the 13th".

Come on. Defend this. Do his work and find the "old" lore that says this. Don't act like it's unique to this guy/ That lie was around since before I came in the picture.
>>
>>54942743
It's the fluff for a game about little plastic army men fighting with chainsaw swords and laser guns being discussed on a Cambodian basket weaving forum.
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>54942785
Don't make me go Siege of Berlin on you, Hanz.
>>
>>54942866
Notice whenever fails in an argumen on 4chins no matter the subject, it could be politics, comics anime, whatever, they go this route. Sheesh, what a non-point/non-argument.
>>
>>54942869
Who are you, Blazkowicz?
>>
>>54942894
It doesn't matter.
>>
File: Daemonic incursion.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonic incursion.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Bringing up the thread on topic.

Konor :
>Planet 1 = More manpower for Imperium
>Planet 2 = More production of tanks for Imperium
>Planet 3 = More food for the Imperium

You know, mundane campaign source stuff

>Planet 4 if Chaos wins....
"If the Imperials cannot break through this formidable barrier, the agony of the tortured astropaths will only flare brighter, drowning Vanitor in the surging tides of the warp. Surely the damnation of the entire Konor System will swiftly follow"

Isn't the victory on that planet a bit OP?
>>
File: Chaos is winning.png (174KB, 393x263px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos is winning.png
174KB, 393x263px
>>54943216
>Isn't the victory on that planet a bit OP?
Sounds narrative-wise like they're trying to give Chaos a better chance at taking the system after watching their pet faction get wrecked 3 weeks straight.

Speaking of which, Chaos is apparently barely winning right now.
North America (The Festering Gush) is the only region that's under Imperium Control at the moment.

On the one hand, it's too be expected since Chaos is playing defense today, on the other hand, get your shit together EU and Britbongs. And I'm saying this as a xenosfag.

Guess I'll be playing a bunch of anti-Chaos games this weekend...
>>
>>54943434
>chaos is winning
>not even into the weekend yet
Don't worry. The end result will be exactly the same as last week, and the week before that, and the week before that. Imperium will win roughly 60/40.
>>
>>54942943
Worse
>>
>>54941120
>original fluff definitely marked all previous black crusades as colossal failures for the armless one.
Technically incorrect. In actuality the original Fluff had very little on Black Crusades 1-12. They were mostly just there to build hype for the most important one, number 13. It was when GW realized that having 12 Black Crusades with next to no info on them and with the only context on what a Black Crusade is being the thirteenth one (that one that was supposed to break into the Imperium) very heavily implies that the First 12 Crusades were failures. That's why a majority of the fluff on the Crusades is either a raid in the "Whogivesafuck" and "Willneverbementionedagain" sectors, or it's Topknot going McGuffin hunting, to give him something to do and look good for, with having him destroy anything major.

So in this case, Carnac is technically correct that the first 12 Black Crusades weren't retconned, because that would require there to be fluff to be canceled out or written over.
>>
>>54940176
How old is that and where is it from?
>>
>>54945757
Weren't several of the earlier crusades not even lead by him?
I recall a few being lead by some other no-name champions and princes before they gave them all to Abby
>>
>>54921915

Holy shit, what a massive fucking prick. Why are these assholes writing the canon now?

Fuck this.
>>
>>54945966

They've since clarified that Abadon, himself, has lead 13 black crusades. Other chaos champions have led their own - like Angron's that hit Armageddon.
>>
File: mina nice.png (61KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
mina nice.png
61KB, 300x400px
>>54931941
>>
>>54946450
>Black Library
>canon
BL is nothing more than a fan fiction archive that can get away with charging people for it.
>>
>>54932512
Chaos was crushed, hard.

The End Times would've ended with Huss and Valten bodyslamming Archaon the moment he sneezed in the direction of Kislev.
>>
>>54946450
MrDarth151 is a well known asshole from the Bolter and Chainsword community.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170819-122607.png (156KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170819-122607.png
156KB, 2560x1440px
>Imperium is starting to wake up
Come on, give the traitors something to think about!
>>
>>54951573
I still find it hilarious that the Imperium is winning inside a fucking warp storm.
>>
>>54945820
2013, it was the result of a survey of American wargamers older than 18.
>>
>>54949127
SoC was about deciding how much of the Chaos hordes reached the Woof city., it's not about stopping them anywhere. Come on people if you weren't part of the campaign don't bullshit about it.
>>
Imperium already winning overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91eIDu6Aw-8
>>
>>54951816
Not even GW's Facebook posts telling Xenos players to take points from the Imperium can help chaos...
>>
Do we even know why there isn't a "Europe" zone on this one? Did they just get rolled into UK & Misc or something? Wouldn't have changed things either way, but still odd.
>>
>>54952817
There is one, it's just inside the UK/ROW zone.
>>
>>54952850
Well, fuck me. How did I miss that?
Seems like this system is a bit weighted, though. Chaos wins that one zone on one planet and the whole place falls?
>>
>>54952914
They've got to throw chaosfags a bone somehow. Otherwise, where will the conflict be in their upcoming "narrative?"
>>
>>54952914
Chaos won't win until Morty drops.
Just as planned
>>
>Imperium winning on 2 out of 3 sites
>The most important one, the one why the Imperium is here, is in Chaos hands
>Geedubs will probably fluff this as an Imperial defeat
Explain this, /tg/.
>>
>>54951633
And if you had gone by the battlelines on the campaign map, Chaos made it nowhere near Middenheim. Hell, GW was even called out for retconning people's battle reports that were turned into fluff bits.

SoC was Gav Thorpe trying to railroad fluff, trying to force it, and then turning everything into a colossal clusterfuck because Chaos is GW's pet faction.

This is compared to Eye of Terror which, despite the bitching about results, was actually more reflective of the campaign. (Chaos genuinely planning better, going after other worlds while the Imperium was more focused on the Cadia sector, Chaos had 3.5 dex while Imperium was stronger in BFG, etc)
>>
My Blood Angels played two games yesterday, one of them the Konor mission. I won my first game, a standard six objective game (the one where you get to draw one tactical objective for each objective market you hold), against a very tough Imperial Fist list of dreads, a librarian, Captain with the relic shield that halves damage, sniper scouts and melta tacticals by mostly focusing on the tactical objectives. We both took some heavy losses, and the game ended with my Mephiston having only one wound, but I guess the end result is what matters.
I had a nervous moment when, after killing one of his FW dreads, Mephy was caught in the blast. My opponent was grinning as I rolled for mortal wounds, but his heart sunk when the explosion killed his Techmarine while Mephiston made his 5+ Lord of Death FNP to stay alive.
Game two, the Konor mission, was easier. The IG player I battled was defender, while my jump heavy DC list was attacked. This worked pretty well for me, as my suicide assault and DC units were able to get back in the fight from reserves quickly.

Also, he brought a Shadowsword. A Titan killer. I was nervous because I'd never battled a superheavy, but because the biggest things in my list were a pair of razorbacks, it didn't have any good targets to shoot at. The Shadowsword, however, made a fantastic target for every anti armor weapon in my list, while his massive number of characters meant my allied Vindicare Assassins always had plenty of targets.
>>
>>54922294
Have the reborn Emperor seduce the Norm Queen who will coincidently have a hawt human like body instead of some gross grubbly /d/ thing.
>>
>>54952914
>>54952953
Chaos "won" the UK/RoW battlefield on the last planet. The Imperium got their food anyway. It's the planet control that counts, nothing else.
>>
>>54953689
>Gathering storm stated already that the Imperium Won

Heretic Please
>>
>>54954130
oh emprah yes
>>
>>54951816
FUCK YOU UK WE HAD THIS
>>
>>54959117
Don't worry, looking at the narratives, if the EU doesn't retake their land you still might.
>>
It will be six for six. Chaos got nothing on chadmarines.
>>
>>54959433
More like Chaos players are usually 12 yo who barely understand how the game works
>>
File: In Him all things are possible!.png (1MB, 724x1368px) Image search: [Google]
In Him all things are possible!.png
1MB, 724x1368px
>>54951613
"Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple."
Sigismund was on to something, it seems.
>>
Looks like 50-50 to me now.
>>
>>54959228
but how did the uk fuck up so bad? that was solid chaos territory friday night
>>
>>54961923
Perhaps the fact that it was still a weekday closing in on the weekend meant that most of the good Imperium players had IRL things to distract them like work or dinner plans or something,
Or Perhaps the Imperium players were just feeling bad for Chaos and decided to let you have the planet to spice things up, but changed their minds once they read the narrative and realized "Hey, breaking the walls of reality and flooding the whole sector with Daemons is a really OP victory bonus" and decided to start trying again.
>>
>>54934875
Nemesis Crown was so poorly run. You could tell all the love of Medusa V was non existent in Nemesis. Not even individual race maps or updates. Was depressing.
>>
>>54922805
... in his defense, everyone at my store has noticed that Chaos feels like it's being set up to lose. This week's mission is extra bullshit.
>>
File: 1502293551485.jpg (225KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502293551485.jpg
225KB, 960x960px
>>54921896
It got me to switch from IG to starting an entirely new Tau army and taking points away from Imperium based solely on how much I liked pic related.
>>
>>54960669
we'll probably see a surge going either way again tommorow
>>
File: Vanitor Planet Ownership.png (229KB, 458x310px) Image search: [Google]
Vanitor Planet Ownership.png
229KB, 458x310px
>>54965694
For the Imperium's sake, there had better be one.

They're starting to lose over in the Festering Gush (USA) as well.

Planet's barely being held onto by Chaos at the moment.

Get your ass in gear Imperium.
>>
>>54923639
What a fucking joke Konor has been lmfao
>>
File: Screenshot_20170820-113257.jpg (505KB, 1440x2465px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170820-113257.jpg
505KB, 1440x2465px
Fucking hell lads, get your shit together.
Don't let the edgelords win this one.
>>
>>54923210
>Served a greater master
>Gets constantly BTFOed but is somehow still winning
>A bitch in close combat

He's already Space Sauron if you ask me. The real difference is that Sauron was written by a competent author.
>>
File: 1494093824916.jpg (212KB, 588x643px) Image search: [Google]
1494093824916.jpg
212KB, 588x643px
>>54923408
>implying there is anything more meaningful than watching dumb people bitch about shit online
>>
>>54968606
>>Gets constantly BTFOed but is somehow still winning

Eat a dick, you liar.

>>A bitch in close combat

No one that faced Abaddon in a duel won against him, save in one battle report fluff.

Sigismund, Kharn, Celestine. And many named characters got thrashed by him.
>>
>>54968945
Of course, he`s got a plot armor the size of fucking Terra.
>>
>>54968945
After fighting both Sigismund and Celestine Abaddon ended up with a sword shoved straight through him.

What a duelling master.
>>
>>54969382
The fight with Sigismund was before he got his mark and sword, and Sigismund did a suicide murder sword that cleaved Abaddon but ended with him being gutted with tha talon. That was the only way Sigismund could have won but he fell short.

Celestine outright lost Abaddon. In fact, it's stated that Celestine despite being the Living Saint Avatar of the Emperor yada yada was no match for Abaddon. He straight up beat her down. And she only managed to inflict a minor wound to Abaddon while he was distracted with torturing creed.

I reiterate, there is not a single character in the setting that can beat Abaddon in a 1 vs 1 duel. Kharn, Celestine, and Sigismund all failed to do so and they are supposedly the best of the best.

>>54969182
Not plot armour. He is just good.
>>
>>54969411
Go to bed, Carnac.
>>
>>54922300
>vanitor
>planet of shrieking hellportals constantly spitting out demons
>chaos is forever defender
>attacker gets sustained assault and first turn
>Imperium gets sustained attacker on a world being flooded by constant demon reinforcements, Chaos gets nothing.
It's easy to win when big daddy GW rigs the game for the imperium every time.
>>
>>54922484
>traitor forces
>inferior tech
According to what lore? Dark Imperium has Rouboute Guilliman straight admitting that 30k tech is flat better than Imperium tech, especially chaos warships.
>>
>>54969484
Khayon. Whatever technology that the traitor legions had has decayed from Warp corruption and ill-maintenance. It's just a mesh mash of salvage fused haphazardly together.
>>
>>54969411
Didn't he get fucked up in close combat by some inquisitor with a hammer?
>>
>>54969732
No.
>>
>>54968945
>>54969411
>Vs Celestine
>gets shanked in the back like a bitch
>teleports away

Wooow, what an amazing "victory"
>>
>>54969411
>Reminder that Abaddon lost to Elrad
>>
>>54970311
You mean the battle where she lost and inflicted a minor wound of Abaddon while he was distracted with Creed?

And It was the Cadians who made him retreat. She cowardly ran when after she stabbed him.

The only bitch here is you for your continious and cowardly lying. Why are you afraid of the truth?

>>54970333
Already mentioned and it was a bullshit murder-suicide move that would have ended with both of them dead. Abaddon with a spear in his throat and Eldrad with Drach'nyen in his face. I will considers this a draw.
>>
>>54970388
Oh Carnac you're always hilarious, you're also wrong in this case, Abaddon straight up lost to Elrad. While in most futures they both would have died, Eldrad managaed to choose the only one where that didn't happen, beating Abaddon outright.

its also implied that the future he chose spurred on the 13th black crusade but he didn't realise that until it was too late
>>
>>54970388
>injured and runs away from a battle
>H-he didnt lose, y-you lost!!

Real convincing amigo, he lost, get over it.
>>
So the main result of Konor is just increased shitposting then?
>>
>>54970461
How about you rad the story instead of making me tell you, bitch.

>>54970439
Wrong. There are two places that the story is told. One of them says that as Eldrad's spear was positioned into Abaddon's throat Drach'nyen pulled Abaddon toward Eldrad. Eldrad would have died as the sword stabbed into his face. It was literally close to his face.

His foresight revealed the only outcome that would have ended in not just his death,
>>
>>54970542
>wounded worse than he had been in millenia
>runs away
Wow he's so strong Carnac-senpai!

Also, did you mean to hit post? your 2nd part kinda stops halfway through
>>
File: Version 1.jpg (702KB, 1038x1495px) Image search: [Google]
Version 1.jpg
702KB, 1038x1495px
>>54970621
Because of the amassing Cadians. Are you trolling or just inherently this stupid. We have the text of Fall of Cadia with us. So what's the point?

>>54970542
Here is the version 1 talked about.
>>
File: Version 2.jpg (221KB, 697x614px) Image search: [Google]
Version 2.jpg
221KB, 697x614px
>>54970656
And here is the version 2 that you talked about which Gav rewrote to be a clear victory for Eldrad rather than mutual destruction. This version is Eldar wank so we must ignore it!

It's retconned lore anyways.
>>
>>54970656
Oh Carnac what I posted is from fall of cadia silly, he was wounded by celestine worse than he had been in millennia, and ran away. I certainly wouldn't call that a win.

How many excuses are you going to give him?

>Abaddon
>scared of regular cadian troopers
wow now thats impressive
>>
>>54970714
Wrong way round, thats the orginal version.

>"Eldar wank so we must ignore it!"
you don't get to ignore lore just because you don't like it.
>>
>>54970733
>wow now thats impressive

Abaddon was rendered a normal terminator by the pylons. No matter how skilled a lone terminator cannot beat a whole regiment, men and tanks and all.

> he was wounded by celestine worse than he had been in millennia

And ir was a minor wound and a few hours later he was fighting in the forefront again. What this means that nobody except Celestine managed to wound him in millennia which speaks more about him being a supreme fighter.

>impressive

What's impressive is your instances in pretending to be retarded. I can feel your glee from here.
>>
>>54970780
>And ir was a minor wound
Wrong.
>>
>>54970755
>Wrong way round, thats the orginal version.

Opps my mistake then. Posted it in haste. Then Eldrad was hopeless and resolved to ensure their mutual destruction. This being the latest version means it's the more higher in the canonical ladder.

And it's moot anyways since it was retconned by the events of Death Masque and GS.

>you don't get to ignore lore just because you don't like it.

It's ironic that you didn't see the joke in my sentence.
>>
>>54970818
Right. Abaddon wasn't bothered by it and continued fighting.

It being the worst he had in a while doesn't make it not a minor wound.
>>
>>54970780
>No matter how skilled a lone terminator cannot beat a whole regiment, men and tanks and all.
Laughing Marneus Calgar on Zalathras
>>
File: Calgars-Siege-cover.jpg (111KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
Calgars-Siege-cover.jpg
111KB, 650x822px
>>54970861
>Laughing Marneus Calgar on Zalathras

LOL You are killing me right now. Have you read Calgar's Siege? That was a propaganda piece. Calgar did not hold the gate alone. I knw you would bring it up. I KNEW IT. I AM PROPHET!
>>
>>54970826
how does Death Masque or Gathering Storm retcon it exactly?

As far as I can tell it could still have happened before those events, neither directly contradicts it
>>
>>54970889
Supposedly the battle took place just before the 13th Black Crusade was launched.

Eldrad in the current lore was plotting for Death Masque and fighting on the moon and after that he was imprisoned and put on trial.
>>
>>54970904
but couldn't that still happen? if anything i would give Elrad further impetus and desperating to plot death masque
>>
>>54970861
>>54970882
Hasn't Draigo also done exactly this? I know he's a huge mary sue, but he's still regrettably canon
>>
>>54970949
I guess it can.
>>
File: Names of Power.png (101KB, 174x485px) Image search: [Google]
Names of Power.png
101KB, 174x485px
>>54970970
Draigo is a Grey Knight. He bloody name is a kill word for daemons. Let him try that with mundane forces.
>>
>>54922837
There will be a line saying "despite the plenty of manpower/equipment/supplies/whatever the defenders recieved from Konor then endless forces of Chaos broke through to X" and then write the story as they were going to in anyway. 5 bux says it has things looking bad for the imperium, but then a primarch turns up.
>>
>>54970388
>distracted with Creed
Creed is a tactical genius, in close combat he's an old man with a pair of laspistols. Get distracted by him isn't an excuse Abaddon can use.
>>
Its Carnac guys, there's no point. You will never get through to him.

Do you think he's ordered a Abaddon body pillow yet?
>>
>>54971100
>Do you think he's ordered a Abaddon body pillow yet?
Na it'd be a Belacuck pillow.
>>
>Creed is a tactical genius

Creed brought the whole 8th Cadian regiment with him to save Celestine. Instead of, you know, sending Russes or Valkyries to hammer Abaddon away from Celestine, he charged at Abaddon with his command squad. A few moments later, Creed's command squad lay in a gorey mess on the ground and Creed missing an arm and being choked to death by Abaddon.

Abaddon as distracted by how dumb Creed is.
>>
>>54971113
He could always do both? get a reversible one, one side for each.
>>
>>54971156
Truly you see into the mind of the autist clearer than me. I bow to your wisdom.
>>
>>54971100
>the guy who cites the lore is the bad guy

The lore of Fall of Cadia outright states that Celestine was no match for Abaddon.

In two occasions, Abaddon was going to deliver the final blow to Celestine only for her to be saved by Greyfax and then Creed.

Then you morons come and claim that she is somehow equal to him just because he snuck behind him, shanked him, and then ran away before he can respond in kind.
>>
>>54971147
>Valkyries.
>Indoors
Not the smartest guy are you?
>>
>>54971201
>Golden light spilled through the sundered ceiling, flooding the nodal chamber. Celestine, the Living Saint, corpse-bride of the eternal Emperor. She showed no hesitation, no doubt. Fire streaming from her wingtips, she swooped to confront the Despoiler. Daemons pounced, but a sweep of the Ardent Blade cast them, broken, to the ground. Winged Possessed soared, talons clawing at limb and blade, but the Geminae Superia clove them from the air. Soon they faced one another: spiritual daughter of the beneficent Emperor, and heir to the greatest traitor in the history of Mankind. No words were spoken. None were needed. Soulfire roiled as the Ardent Blade struck Drach’nyen, the wail of hope and despair shivering the spirits of all who heard it. Abaddon was the mightier by far. Alone, Celestine had no hope of triumph. But she was not alone. The Geminae Superia were ever at her side, the three fighting as one against the Despoiler of legends.

The CEILING WAS OPEN. You telling me that the sci-fi advanced hover craft cannot pinpoint and blast a guy in open topped building?

Anyways, read em and weak. The true daughter of the Emperor is as weak as her father.
>>
>>54971182
how many times have you hotglued your Abaddon figure?
>>
>>54971247
And weep*

In case people cannot read.

"Abaddon was the mightier by far. Alone, Celestine had no hope of triumph".
>>
>>54971252
Not an argument. You implied I am close minded but isn't obvious that you are the close minded one. Even when confronted with evidence, you still won't concede that you're a bitch.

Here is the line after the Pylons activated.

>Through it all, the duel of ideologies wore on; the Despoiler on one side, the Living Saint and her Geminae Superia upon the other. What had begun as an equal battle now favoured Abaddon. Before the Dark Gods had blessed him, he had stood amongst the greatest of the Adeptus Astartes, seldom bested in battle. Bereft of the Emperor’s Light, Celestine was a mortal shell, reborn too many times from the tides of the Immaterium. Her handmaidens were extensions of her faded light, weakened by the Immaterium’s recession. Though their resolve didn’t waver, the outcome was never in doubt.

>Eleanor spiralled away from the duel, blood oozing from her lips. Black Guard closed around Genevieve, a wall of Terminator armour and roaring chainblades that even her blessed sword could not pierce. Again and again, the Ardent Blade clashed with Drach’nyen, but Celestine’s efforts were now given over solely to her own defence, and even these desperate parries grew weaker with every stroke. At last, a backhand blow cast Celestine to her knees.

>Creed saw the Living Saint fall, and knew at once that her death would mark the end of all they had striven for. Bellowing orders, he threw the 8th forward in one last, desperate charge. Drach’nyen slashed down. Celestine screamed and convulsed. As Abaddon raised the Daemon-blade for a second strike, the Living Saint clambered unsteadily to her feet, one hand clamped over a bloody gash in her armour’s side, but her gaze unfaltering.
>>
>>54971383
>Agony exploded behind Abaddon’s eyes. Searing pain arced across his synapses. Neurons flared and died, consumed by an attack channelled through the fading skeins of the Immaterium. His Daemon-blade, meant to pierce Celestine’s heart, froze mid-strike.

>Katarinya Greyfax gritted her teeth, channelling into her psychic assault all the rage she had known since her reawakening. Though she was loathe to admit it, Trazyn had been correct – her priorities had strayed. An Inquisitor’s duty was to the Imperium, not to her own slighted being. Moreover, while all heresies must be purged by flame, some clamoured for its caress more urgently than others. Retribution would find the false saint – of that Greyfax was certain – but Abaddon’s sins held the prior claim.

>Blinded and staggering, the Despoiler fought back, his indomitable will meeting the psychic fire with some of its own. Strength already sapped by her constant battle against the pylons’ pull, Greyfax’s hold on his mind snapped. But she wasn’t yet done. As the malediction faded, the Inquisitor’s condemnor boltgun roared.

>Shells scattering off his armour, Abaddon started towards Celestine once more. A rush of bayonets blocked his path. The Cadian 8th were determined to preserve their beloved saint, even at the cost of their lives. And die they did, by the dozen, by the score, hacked apart as the Despoiler strove to reach the wounded Celestine. With their blood, they bought the saint precious moments.

It seems my relocation omitted a few things. The fact that not only did Greyfax pour his psychic power into Abaddon's mind but she hammered him with her bolter fire and then the Cadians threw themselves at him. All to save Celetine's life.

The Emperor chosen one, everyone. A damsel in distress.
>>
>>54971437
>Abaddon stood like a rock jutting in a river of flesh and bone, Drach’nyen carving a bloody swath with every strike. The Despoiler and the wounded saint became the battle’s focus – every soul within the nodal chamber, living or damned, knew that victory or defeat turned upon the fate of those champions. The Terminators of the Black Legion regained their master’s side, only to come under renewed fire from hot-shot lasguns. The Vostroyan XXI were torn apart by a counter-charge of power-armoured Chosen. The stalemate ground on, a battle bloody enough to whet Khorne’s appetites, had only the Lord of Battles been able to peer through the growing dead zone of the Cadian pylon field.

---------------

>Taking command of a Kasrkin platoon, Creed led another charge across the bloody ground. The Lord Castellan had no doubts about his ability to match Abaddon might for might, but the Astra Militarum’s way had ever been to overcome with numbers that which could not be bested through skill.

Look at how much bullshit Abaddon had to wade through to pursue Celestine that just faded into the crowd. So much for "not a step back". Justify this, Imperialfags.
>>
File: The shank.png (274KB, 385x553px) Image search: [Google]
The shank.png
274KB, 385x553px
>>54971514
>Abaddon lurched away from Celestine, her blade ripping free of his flesh. The wound seethed as if aflame. It had been millennia since he had last been hurt so, and his spirit boiled with the need for revenge. But as the Cadian 8th surged to reclaim their beloved general, Abaddon realised he had no time for the luxury of pride. The last vestiges of the Warp were retreating before the pylons’ arcane energies. If he were to depart, it would have to be now. Reluctantly, his eyes never leaving Celestine’s, Abaddon gave the order to withdraw.

>As the Vengeful Spirit’steleport anchors engaged, the honourable warrior Abaddon had once been acknowledged the feat Cadia’s defenders had managed. They had lost, though they did not yet know it. But they had also won. He had sought to break Cadia’s spirit, send the vanquished souls of its garrisons screaming into the Warp. He had not done so.

>Before the defenders’ incredulous gazes, azure lighting crackled across the nodal cavern, and the surviving warriors of the Black Legion faded into nothingness. Creed pulled angrily away from the medic attempting to treat his hand, blinking away afterimages as the implications hammered home. I set this world’s fate in motion before I even made planetfall, Abaddon had said. The Lord Castellan wished he could believe the words were mere bravado, but his heavy heart knew otherwise.

Apparently, from Abaddon's word saying that Creed was the last guy he was going to kill, it's implied that he was going to kill Creed and teleport away. Celestine denied him the pleasure.
>>
>>54971621
>her blade ripping free of his flesh. The wound seethed as if aflame.
>Reluctantly, his eyes never leaving Celestine’s, Abaddon gave the order to withdraw.
>He had sought to break Cadia’s spirit, send the vanquished souls of its garrisons screaming into the Warp. He had not done so.

Wow, What a weak bitch.
>>
>>54971147
>>54971247
>Creed being dumb
>thinking sending in Valkyries through that hole in the ceiling to hammer Abaddon is a good idea

While the Valkyrie aircraft does have VTOL capability, they are airborne assault carriers. They're not meant to stick around and provide heavy firepower air support. The hull-mounted multi-laser, 2 door-mounted heavy bolters, and 2 Hellstrike Missiles & rocket pods reflect this function. Not to mention that hole in the ceiling would need to be at least 20m in diameter (and even that's pushing it) for a Valkyrie to even fit inside.

Creed had 2 options. He could
>1. bring in a couple Valkyries from the hole in the ceiling (assuming it was even big enough for that to happen), making it easy for Abby to pick them off 1 by 1 and risk blocking the entrance plus make it easier for the Despoiler to reach Celestine.

or

>2. throw the whole Cadian 8th and shitton more Guardsmen at Abaddon to slow him down in order keep him from killing Celestine.

Quantity over quality was the superior choice for this scenario.

Just my 2 cents on that part.
>>
>>54971743
>cross the Black Fleet, plasma drives blazed as soon as the last drop-ships were aboard, pulling away from atmosphere at whatever speed their captains could urge. As the Vengeful Spiritled the exodus, Abaddon beheld the blue-grey orb of Cadia one last time. For ten thousand years, that world had been as much his foe as the warriors that garrisoned its fortresses. But nothing defied the will of Chaos forever. Nothing defied his will forever. Loosing a peal of dark laughter, the Despoiler decanted a draught of brulkwine into a chalice fashioned from the skull of Fabius Bile’s clone of Horus and toasted the death of one ancient foe with the remains of another.

They had won but they lost at the same time. Abaddon won the war and drank wine as he watched Cadia burn. At least Abaddon acknowledged and saluted the Cadia and the brave men of Cadia that defended it.
>>
>>54940329
>According to Khayon
Lol, that's why Abaddon's Primarch kill count stands at a whopping 0 and he's a manlet metal model while Mortarion is strutting around in shiny new plastic, right?

Abaddon is just Horus leftover second-rate flunky.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.