[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - D&D Fifth Edition General - BIG ORC COCK EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 28

File: 1464483959220.jpg (48KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464483959220.jpg
48KB, 540x720px
>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:>>54893429

Tell me bout the times your PC's sided with the usually evil race
>>
Reposting from last thread for DEM ORKS

>>54901872
Currently, the walls are very patchwork, though the party have the option to replace or repair it for higher stats.

The human rams are enough to batter a hole in the wall in one hit at the moment using the mechanics I'm working out.

I'm quite hyped for the battle, but there's a lot to plan. Using a combination of the mob mechanics from the DMG and some home material.

Wouldn't mind a review if anyone's willing to do some mechanics thinking:

Each band of 10 is treated as an individual monster with total damage equal to the total damage of all units contained within the band divided by the number needed to hit, rounded down.

For health, it's the combined hitpoints of every unit in the band, but a unit is lost at every hitpoint interval.

DMG 250:
Target's AC - Attack bonus = minimum d20 roll needed (review attached table)

Orcs
===
(Chance for one to hit Humans: 11/10/10/8)
Orcs needed to hit: 2
Melee Damage per Orc: 9
Ranged Damage per Orc: 6
Range: 30 ft
Max Health: 150
Hitpoint Interval: 15

Humans
===
Guard Block
---
**4 blocks**
(Chance for one to hit Orcs: 10)
Guards needed to hit: 2
Melee Damage per Guard: 5
Max Health: 110
Hitpoint Interval: 11

Ram Block
---
**2 blocks**
100% hit rate
Damage to Wall: 40 per hit
Max Unit Heath: 110
Max Ram Health: 100

Trebuchet Block
---
**2 blocks**
Mob Rules not applicable
+5 to hit / 44 damage
Max Unit Heath: 110
Max Trebuchet Health: 150

Archer (Scout) Block
---
**4 blocks**
(Chance for one to hit Orcs: 9)
Scouts needed to hit: 2
Ranged Damage per Scout: 6
Range: 150 ft
>>
What are the best printed adventures? Both HC and adventurers league.
>>
File: Humans are dicks.jpg (96KB, 751x658px) Image search: [Google]
Humans are dicks.jpg
96KB, 751x658px
>>54901931
>Tell me bout the times your PC's sided with the usually evil race.

One time I was in an all-human game.
>>
How often do people have sessions? 1 a week isn't enough, I need more
>>
>>54902125

Join another game.
>>
>>54901957
The Elemental Evil adventures for Adventurer's League has great variety. My favorite is the Drowned Tower, has a little bit of everything from detective work to kung-fu sequences. It's also only $5 on DM's Guild.
>>
Thinking of playing a sea bloodline sorcerer what are peoples opinion of it.
>>
>>54901957
Out of the Abyss, Curse of Strahd, Lost Mine of Phandelver, Tales from the Yawning Portal.
>>
>>54902171
That or stone since it's clearly an attempt to move the swordmage from 4ed to 5th
>>
>Party's Artificer got her soul sucked out by The Void card
Perfect.
>>
>>54902125
I'm currently at 3 tables, 2 of them online. Try roll20, you can play more if you don't have to waste time commuting to someone's house.
>>
>>54902125
Currently 1 weekly. 2 a week is optimal with an occasional third one. I don't feel like running a second game now and there's nothing that'd interest me in playing, so I'm staying at 1 for now.
>>
>>54902040
Every time I'm reminded this comic is dead it hurts a little more
>>
How would you guys build Artemis Entreri in 5e? Fighter/rogue?
>>
File: Pawns Klesh2.png (3MB, 2204x2758px) Image search: [Google]
Pawns Klesh2.png
3MB, 2204x2758px
>>54902125
I DM a game that is every other Thursday, well into it's second year.
Gives me optimal amount of time to create a solid story, organize maps, and make pawns.

I've often wished we could get together weekly, but we get together consistently and I avoid deadline pressure this way.

I play in a game ever other Sunday as well.
>>
>>54902125
I DM a 5e game on Tuesday, two Pathfinder games on Saturday, a Pathfinder game on Sunday and then a once-a-month 5e game whenever the whole group can meet.
>>
File: gee.png (696KB, 499x674px) Image search: [Google]
gee.png
696KB, 499x674px
>>54902415
Try reading the PHB.
>>
>>54902443
Why the pathfinder games?
>>
>>54902161
I really liked S2 as well. I can also recommend Shadows of the Moonsea from S1.
>>
>>54902478
Likely because autistic Dice'an is easy to prep for.
>>
>>54902475
Tika being as dexterous as Artemis, were the writers fucking retards?
>>
>>54902478
I enjoy both systems, as do my players I run them for.

>>54902487
Not autistic. Just a college student with free time.
>>
>>54902475
That description makes him sound much more like a STR rogue than a fighter. Even Tika sounds more roguish than fighter.

Really what's even the point of rogue if they pin literal assassins as fighters?
>>
>>54902415
Battlemaster 11/Assasin rogue 9, good enough.
>>
>>54902491
Tika actually succeeded at some of her adventures. Artemis is a total jobber.
>>
>>54902500
Artemis is a fighter, but he also is an expert rogue, and with assassin qualities. He should be built as an npc.

What the writer wrote in that snippet was pretty shit.
>>
>>54902519
She is a retard though, and she only succeeded because she was carried by the others in her party.

Artemis has a fearsome and deserved reputation as a consummate fighter, can go toe to toe in intrigue with the best of them, fooled dark elves and more.

Your Tika a shit but she pretty.
>>
Anyone know where I can find a full copy of "Hyperlanes"?

I want to make sure it's worth the price tag of 20 dollars for a PDF.

I can't seem to find many reviews, or anyone going into much detail.
>>
>>54902520
What makes a sneaky fighter different than a rogue thematically?
>>
>>54902545
Artemis has nothing but the reputation and an overinflated opinion of himself. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is, as indicated by the fact that he can never, ever succeed when it counts.
>>
>>54902570
A rogue isn't usually a fighter, for one.
>>
>>54902580
So his action scenes as written by RA Salvatore were all because of his overinflated opinion of himself? Do you listen to yourself?

He was up against Drizzt, the only opponent known to have bested him.
>>
>>54902440
What's the point in that woman's top? The moment she does any serious twisting or movement it's going to hike up and bare her breasts to everyone.
>>
>>54902565
There's a PDF share thread.
>>
File: 1472310043490[1].jpg (25KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1472310043490[1].jpg
25KB, 355x369px
>First session
>Paladin in group
>'We can't do it that way, it's against the law'
>>
>>54902580
Artemis doesn't care about opinions, only about the quality of his craft. You really have no fucking idea what you're blathering on about do you?
>>
>>54902604
Does this mean rangers are better fighters than fighters?
>>
>>54902621
What's wrong with that? He's keeping you on the straight and narrow.
>>
>>54902491
That's a guide on making characters, they were only at the same point at level one, Artemis would be a higher level
>>
>>54902629
You realize Drizzt is also a fighter don't you? He trained at Melee Magthere by the greatest swordsmaster Menzoberranzan has ever produced.
>>
>>54902645
He was* trained
>>
>>54902645
So Drizzt the ranger is just a convoluted lie?
>>
>>54902669
Wat. He's a multiclass.
>>
>>54902629
No, it means protagonists are more successful than antagonists, unless you're watching French noire cinema.
>>
>>54902669
Have you read any of the Drizzt novels?
>>
>>54902604
Granted, he had to be a loser because of his role in the story and the fact that he's focused on antagonizing the main character. That still makes him a loser from an in-story perspective.
>>
Has anybody here tried running a game for the sake of learning a foreign language? 5e basic rules are released in Japanese and I'm toying with the idea of looking for a bunch of nips to play a one-shot or a campaign with.
>>
>>54902674
But multiclassing would make him even worse than a pure fighter or ranger
>>
>>54902669
>>54902687
From what I remember, he doesn't demonstrate a single ranger class feature. He doesn't cast spells, and his "animal companion" is a magic item rather than a class feature.
>>
>>54902699
Correct.
>>
>>54902688
Or this >>54902680
It also means this poster >>54902580 is a fucking retard.
Wizards at that time were under obligation to not to allow antagonists to ever triumph, Ed Greenwood wasn't allowed to have the Zhentarim succeed at anything, and evil forces in the FR were fucking retards.
Entreri was actually written to be a highly fearsome, competent swordsman and thief and assassin.
>>
>>54902699
>>54902718
Only if you're autistic.

He's better written up as an NPC build.
>>
>>54902708
Spell-less ranger, he is apparently great with animals and highly emphatic with them. He knows woodsland lore and shit like that.
>>
>>54902708
So Drizzt is actually a pure fighter and he always wins vs Artemis because Artemis gimped himself by MCing rogue. I get it now.

Also why does Artemis have a woman's name?
>>
>>54902699
>>54902718
Why do power gamers and optimizers multiclass so frequently then?
>>
>>54902751
Protagonist armor and see >>54902724 and >>54902688.
Maybe try being less autistic.
>>
>>54902623
Did you even read my post? The opinion that matters to him is his own. He has to think of himself as the best, even though he isn't. One time he killed Drizzt, but he couldn't accept it because he was being helped with magic, and he threw a fucking hissyfit to get him brought back.

Sane fighters accept victory in any form it takes and believe that any fight you can walk away from is a good one, but Artemis believes in combat as sport rather than combat as war. It's an especially harmful worldview for someone who can't actually win a swordfight fair and square.
>>
>>54902771
Protagonist armor is why Artemis has a woman's name? Did Drizzt go back in time and force Artemis's mom to name him that or something? Kinda makes him sound like an asshole.
>>
>>54902747
That's just Outlander background.
>>
File: 1483998241821.png (197KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483998241821.png
197KB, 900x900px
>>54902621
There is only one solution. Reroll as an Oath of Insurrection Paladin.
>>
>>54902780
Did you even read the novels? Did you even read your post and my response to it? He thinks of himself as being highly disciplined and trained, sacrificing morals and emotions to be the best not that he has an overinflated opinion of himself. He doesn't.
Hence why he cannot fathom while Drizzt who his friends, who has his humor, who has his morals would be better than him.

He convincingly wins swordfights, just not against Drizzt.
>>
File: dhjhygjhbvkmgg.jpg (139KB, 1600x1073px) Image search: [Google]
dhjhygjhbvkmgg.jpg
139KB, 1600x1073px
>>54902794
>>54902751
I think he has a woman's name because R. A. Salvatore doesn't know anything about mythology. Maybe he'd heard of men named "Artemus" and didn't know it was spelled differently.
>>
>>54902794
Artemis Fowl, autistic retard.
>>
>>54902826
Why is that girl wearing such a big hat? That's silly!
>>
Some men have vaginas and some men have womyn names, get over it.
>>
>>54902831
>can't understand how people who aren't him do things better than him
Sounds like he has an over-inflated opinion of himself
>>
>>54902840
>Artemis Fowl is named after a woman
>This somehow contradicts you
>>
>>54902858
More differing worldviews, do you understand what an overinflated opinion of yourself means?
For one, it isn't supported by your actions. Artemis' reputation is fully supported by his actions/deeds.
>>
>>54902831
He wins swordfights against people even worse than himself. That doesn't prove anything. He thinks he's devoted to perfecting his craft, but he can't process the idea that someone is better than him. Sure, he practices, except in that novel where he does nothing at all for months because he's depressed about Drizzt, but Drizzt has had more years of practice at a better school, and his experience outside the training room is also superior because he willingly goes on adventures against a variety of foes instead of repeatedly harassing one guy.
>>
>>54902859
More like it's a unisex name. Not like there's an Artemis the goddess in his world is there?
>>
>>54902893
Not like... a physically present one? It's still the same origin as in the real world.
>>
>>54902882
He wins swordsfights because he trained himself to be a master swordfighter.
Also Artemis and Drizzt fought for length in their multiple encounters on equal standing, Artemis' shortcoming was he was always only by himself but Drizzt had his friends.

>He thinks he's devoted to perfecting his craft, but he can't process the idea that someone is better than him. Sure, he practices, except in that novel where he does nothing at all for months because he's depressed about Drizzt, but Drizzt has had more years of practice at a better school, and his experience outside the training room is also superior because he willingly goes on adventures against a variety of foes instead of repeatedly harassing one guy.
This isn't what having an overinflated ego means.
Also Artemis repeatedly harrassed Drizzt because here was finally an opponent that was at least his equal.
>>
>>54902900
Then you are reaching.
>>
>>54902875
Being unable to accept differing worldviews as a valid means to the same (or apparently superior) end is a symptom of a narcissistic personality. A normal person would think "well maybe I've gone above this wrong", but Artemis thinks "DRIZZT SHOULD NOT BE! I WILL PROVE MY SUPERIORITY!!!1" because he's full of himself.
>Artemis' reputation is fully supported by his actions/deeds.
Except the losing to Drizzt part.
>>
>>54902928
>he trained himself
You see why that would produce an inferior result compared to someone who went to an actual fencing school. Artemis' teacher knew nothing about the subject he was trying to teach.
>>
>>54902953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvY6YQH9kE4
>>
>>54902949
>>54902953
Narcissistic=/overinflated ego.
Artemis wants to prove he is superior because he sacrificed so much, not because he's full of himself. Read the fucking books.

Only you can prevent caps lock abuse and autism.

So losing to that one opponent, especially Drizzt, means he is a shit fighter? Ok.
>>
>>54902978
He thinks that surely his efforts matter, because they're his efforts, and everything he does is wonderful. He thinks that all he has to do to succeed is try, and he can't imagine the possibility that his best efforts are still shit. That's an overinflated ego.
>>
>>54902272
>get to throw my players at a deck of many things for the first time next session, hope they're gonna be dumb fucks and draw a lot.
cackling mad fortune tellers are a fun story device.
>>
>>54902978
>Narcissistic=/overinflated ego.
You seem confused. Those are indeed the same things.
>>
>>54903016
Don't count on it. I gave my party a Deck of Many Things and none of them have even dared to touch the fucking thing. They have it locked up in the basement of their guildhouse. Pussies.
>>
>>54903012
>>54903030
Actually because it's an excessive admiration of oneself, that isn't really something that he has.
An overinflated ego could be excessive confidence but isn't necessarily narcissistic.
He doesn't even have excessive confidence, only the certainty that he wins because of his demonstrable fighting prowess.

>He thinks that surely his efforts matter, because they're his efforts, and everything he does is wonderful. He thinks that all he has to do to succeed is try, and he can't imagine the possibility that his best efforts are still shit.
Where's that in the books?

You guys haven't given further evidence why he's a shit fighter because he loses only to Drizzt.
>>
>>54903012
>everything he does is wonderful.
Where's that in the books?
>>
>>54903088
Ask /wbg/
>>
>>54903095
Good point, probably a better fit there.
>>
>>54903088
Imagine a player coming into a game with Deity needs and having to do all that research for your setting. They'll ask questions you haven't planned for, it'll get ugly.
>>
>>54903083
Maybe comparing him to Drizzt would be unfair if he didn't define himself by comparing himself to Drizzt. Even if we assume (with no evidence) that the people he's beaten are actually good, he's placed second in the competition he invented for himself, and second place is first loser. He's a loser.
>>
>>54903090
It's implied by the fact that he thinks his efforts and sacrifices should pay off by making him better than everyone in the world. The world doesn't work that way. Lots of people try their best, and they can't all win.
>>
>d8HP
>Martial weapons, Medium armor, Shield
>Arcane INT-caster
>1/2 warlock pact magic progression
>spell points variant
>three subclasses: heavy-armored combatant; utility caster with extra-casting features; light-weight roguish one

Would you consider playing it?
>>
>>54903083
>He doesn't even have excessive confidence, only the certainty that he wins because of his demonstrable fighting prowess.
Except that time he lost to Drizzt.
He can't grasp that people better than himself can exist, because he's so high on beating inferior opponents he believes in the core of his being that he is the best. Drizzt should not be by his worldview, because Drizzt is better than him and that's impossible. Because Artemis has excessive confidence in himself.
>>
>>54902394
What comic is it?
>>
>>54903122
>>54903134
Then you've moved the goalposts. I'll post more but need sleep for work.

He's a loser in what context? Again the fights with Drizzt in their all of their conflicts have been more or less on equal footing, with Drizzt being a little quicker because he's an elf and had friends with him. Will you be saying Artemis is a loser because he was born human?

This is a sense of overinflated ego how?
>>
>>54903177
IDW's D&D fourth edition comic by John Rogers
>>
Since my DM is gone for the week, myself and the other players of my group are running a Battle Royale between our characters tonight.

To spice things up, I was considering scattering tokens around the map which represent Random Magical Effects which could either help or hurt myself and the other players, which would be rolled for whenever anyone ends their turn next to or on top of one of these tokens.

I was hoping you guys could help me come up with some interesting things for a Random Magical Effects table.

So far I've decided I'd like whatever a 1 is to be something truly dangerous, and potentially deadly. Our characters are all around Level 3 if that helps.

2-10 would be other bad things, but progressively less horrible as you climb up to 10. Maybe something like a slower movement speed their next round, penalties to attacks the next round, a lower AC the next round, etc.

11-19 would be good things, progressively getting better the higher the number. Maybe something like a faster movement speed their next round, bonuses to attacks the next round, a higher AC the next round, etc.

20 would be something like recover to full Hit Points. Possibly adding some Temporary Hit Points as well.

Any ideas for these 20 Random Magic Effects for me to include in this 3rd Level Battle Royale?
>>
>>54903193
The fights between Drizzt and Artemis are not close calls, because he loses every single time. A competitor who's only a little bit inferior will still pull out a win every now and then. It takes a real shitbag to lose every time. He thinks he stands a chance when evidence and common sense show that he doesn't. Why does he think this? His ego.
>>
>>54903177
Fell's Five. Good read.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dungeons-Dragons-2010
>>
>>54903152
It isn't excessive confidence, merely confidence and Artemis has beaten drow weaponmasters. Are they all losers in comparison to Drizzt?
And it's not overinflated ego, do you understand the distinction?
>>
>>54903193
He can't accept being worse than Drizzt even when Drizzt has the biological advantage of being an elf. Drizzt is physiologically superior but Artemis for some reason can't accept that.

That reason is an over-inflated ego.
>>
>>54903237
Go back and reread them, they were close calls every single time and this is the reason why Artemis still wants to fight Drizzt because it's always being too close.
>>
>>54903259
See >>54903255
Do you understand the distinction in overinflated?

Anyway, sleep.
>>
>>54903255
Confidence that makes you believe things that aren't true is excessive. Confidence that you'll win is excessive if you actually lose.

And yeah, anyone who loses to Artemis is an even bigger jobber than him.
>>
>>54903255
>It isn't excessive confidence, merely confidence and Artemis has beaten drow weaponmasters. Are they all losers in comparison to Drizzt?
Yes? They lost against him while Drizzt won. They're literal losers compared to him. Artemis can't accept not being the best because he is excessively confident in his ability to be the best, even when proven that it's not true. It is illogical to continue thinking in such a way, but he does. Normal people don't do that.
>>
>>54903271
He tells himself they were close because of his ego, but the track record speaks for itself. They've fought enough times that it's safe to say the repeated outcome isn't a fluke. If they were close he'd win at least once. He's never won, which means he's not even close.
>>
File: 1502697224718.jpg (111KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502697224718.jpg
111KB, 1200x675px
>>54902621
>Playing a oath of treachery paladin
>Have a lawful good devotion paladin in group
>Work with him and agree with his point of view for most decisions
>We become fast friends and palabros
>He still has no idea about my oath and is slowly taking my advice on how to deal with the problems we face
>A little corruption here , bribes there , working with less than legal elements "All the for greater good my friend"
>Over time he is agreeing to morally objectable actions and not even realizing it
>I have set up the criminal underground with the resources to usurp the ruler and take power
>mfw i just stop leading him on and watch this train wreck slowly derail as he sees the very people we worked with undermine the whole city we worked to save
>>
>>54903223
Summon Monster Trap. It's a monster house! Fill the whole arena with monsters that attack everyone. It will probably result in TPK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy0JMx1GpB4
>>
Have there been any established rules/sources regarding gradual petrification in 5E?

I can't find anything in the sources or online, which means there isn't anything or I'm an idiot. Possibly both.
>>
>>54903308
>>54903313
This isn't excessive confidence or an overinflated ego. Those that have that would lose even to "inferior" foes a lot, not win every time.

>>54903329
Are you interpreting or going off what the books actually say?
>>
>>54902621
Tell him that the law that is unjust isn't worth following and he knew it in his heart too.
>>
File: gradual petrification.png (262KB, 420x388px) Image search: [Google]
gradual petrification.png
262KB, 420x388px
>>54903378
You could be an idiot, yeah
>>
>>54903394
Because Salvatore is a bad author, often he tells us things that don't match what he shows us. He has characters outright say that the fights were close, but the events tell a different story. The only way to resolve this is to conclude that the people who say the fights were close are mistaken.
>>
>>54902882
Entreri is stated by Greenwood to actually be the seventh best swordsman in FR. It is simply unfortunate for him that Drizzt is the sixth best, though the gap between them is miniscule and can vary greatly depending on who is having a better day at the time.
>>
>>54903435
Ah! That's fair but I was thinking more of the gradual curse-y 'takes hours' kinda stuff. Thanks for the reminder that I'm a dumbass though!
>>
>>54903462
Holy shit, are you for real? No wonder you've been this deluded.
>>
>>54903394
>Those that have that would lose even to "inferior" foes a lot, not win every time
And artemis doesn't win every time against Drizzt. He loses repeatedly. Therefore he is a worse fighter than Drizzt. But he repeatedly harasses him, thinking he will beat him, despite all evidence to the contrary. This is irrational thinking, a symptom of excessive self-confidence.
>>
>>54903462
Are you actually being serious? Please be trolling. Please be trolling.
>>
>>54903486
Did you even read that post up there or did you just barge ahead and make a shitpost anyway? Learn what excessive and overinflated mean.
Also see >>54903470
>>
>>54903486
Go re-read that post.
>>
>>54903515
To believe in your own skill to do a thing you have repeatedly failed to do is excessive confidence. He is quantifiably a worse swordsman than Drizzt by whatever insane metric Greenwood uses to rate these things.
>>
>>54903486
Are you actually understanding what that post is saying?
>>
>>54903562
Against one single opponent when all others have fallen to his skill is not excessive confidence, especially against whatever insane metric you're using to interpret excessive confidence.

Excessive confidence would be losing to the inferior foes he's beaten.
>>
>>54903605
Has Artemis ever beaten Drizzt?
>>
>>54903631
Yes, in The Crystal Shard novel.
>>
>>54901957
I liked Princes of the Apocalypse. I haven't played Tales from the Yawning Portal, but played about half of the things in it in their original form and those were all good.
>>
>>54903488
Someone loses seven duels in a row against the same guy and then tells himself "oh, but they were all really close." It's much more probable that he's just saying that than that the coin really did land on edge seven times.
>>
>>54903662
Oh well then fuck it all
>>
>>54902125
Every two weeks, sometimes just once a month. Limiting factor is mostly me, my job burns up a lot of time and energy.
>>
>>54903710
Or you could be less deluded in your interpretation.
He didn't tell himself it was really close, the fights themselves were really close. That's the difference. No subjective interpretation.
>>
>>54903715
>>54903562
>>54903562
Artemis has confidence but not excessive confidence or an overinflated ego.
Do you understand those terms you're arguing in their battles of martial superiority?
>>
>>54903737
But they weren't. The bigger the sample size gets the more clear it becomes that he's a loser.
>>
>>54903462
The fact you would say something like this does not lend confidence to your ability to provide reasonable points.
>>
>>54903751
You're just begging the question at this point, saying that his confidence isn't excessive because you say so, regardless of the mountain of evidence that it is, in fact, excessive.
>>
I heard most Elves are hermaphrodites, how do I make sure the cute Elven woman I'm partial to does not have a penis?
>>
>>54903751
So is it perfectly okay to constantly harass the same guy because he beat you, in the hope you will one day beat him?
>>
>>54903803
Good job moving the goalposts. So he doesn't have an overinflated ego or excessive confidence, good to know.
Also reread the fight scenes, they're good, and the two are very evenly matched. Hence the close calls. The fights themselves are written out like that.

>>54903815
Actually no, I've been using what he actually does in the books versus your loose interpretation of what he goes through and thinks.
Please provide the mountain of excessive evidence.
>>
>>54903848
Again, this isn't excessive confidence or overinflated ego, how is it possibly that?
>>
>>54903848
He doesn't constantly harass, only if they cross paths, which isn't all that often. But nice hyperbole.
>>
>>54903815
Do you have excessive confidence in your mountain of excessive evidence?
>>
>>54902171
Quickened Gust into another Gust
>>
>>54903887
Loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss, loss
What's so unclear about that?
>>
>>54904012
Also, win.
But evidence of excessive confidence or overinflated ego this isn't.
>>
>>54904012
Where is it in the books does he act excessively confident? What you posted there isn't that. Your mountain of excessive evidence is excessively useless.
>>
>>54903067
ah, that's the beauty of it. I ain't gonna tell em what it is, because it's an unheard of thing in this universe, and i'm running it as a fortune teller that rolls dice instead. So it's a 22-sided dice that they roll and they have to pick how many times they roll it, then the name of the side appears in the air after they roll it, and the effect takes place.
>>
>>54903887

Just a casual bystander here, but so far as I can see the two people you're arguing against have it right.

Have you ever tried reading *between* the lines?
>>
File: 4stomach.jpg (125KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4stomach.jpg
125KB, 1024x1024px
I'm supposed to DM our next game. I'm going to do it on Tal'Dorei and they will start on Emon. Despite of that, I don't have more ideas apart from wanting to take them on an airship travel to the mountains.

They don't know each other, except for a hobgoblin and his changeling master, and I'm not sure how to group them up and move them towards the north. Any ideas?
>>
>>54904025

Found a really badly-worded but accurate synopsis of that Crystal Shard fight:

'Ya when your talking about is when Jarlaxle got the crystal shard and set it up for Artemis and Drizzt to fight but.......Drizzt had his scimi to his throat at the end of that fight and decided not to kill Artemis and when Drizzt was walking away Artemis charged him but Drizzt turned around and stabbed him in the stomache (well hit him in the stomache ) anyways Kimmural Obladra (spelling?) the psionicsist had put a shield on Artemis and it absorbed Drizzts hit then Artemis redeliverd it back on Drizzt when he touched him in the chest it appeared to kill Drizzt of course Jarlaxle didnt let that happen

so the point still stands Artemis hasnt beat Drizzt ina fair fight yet Drizzt won that fight twice if you count when he stabbed the shield and at end of the fight when Drizzt decided not to kill him and had Jarlaxle not had Kimmural interfere Drizzt would have killed him then and there''

So it strikes me, still, that he's not beaten Drizzt straight up, not once.

Other anon's right; if you lose to the same guy more than three times, it's not a rivalry. And if he still thinks he can beat him, especially as he ages...well. That's ego.
>>
>>54903905
Becoming obsessed with proving you are better than a guy you continually lose against is something done only to satisfy one's ego. The fact he's beaten everyone except this one guy yet can't get over him is the proof his confidence is excessive. why would a normal person fixate like that? Why would that even be so important to a person?
>>
I'm making my own playable races. Is giving one race the ability to use spell scrolls without having levels in the corresponding class (ie, a level 3 Battle Master of this race could use wizard, bard, or cleric spell scrolls up to 2nd level) broken?

Also, I'm making "familiars" a kind of living magic item, requiring attunement, and making higher-rarity familiars things like horses trained to wear barding, or able to confer mechanical benefits (a beetle that can use its master's reaction to take a blow for him?). How can I do this while *not* screwing over Beast Masters and Chainlocks?
>>
How is Paladin 2 / Valor Bard build for sword and board character?

You get expertise on Athletic for bonus action shoving.
You keep extra attack but with more spell slots.
You get Bard utility and fun stuff.
>>
>>54904124
As dickish as the Deck of Many Things is, it is at least impossible to use it by accident, since you have to declare how many draws you're making before you do it or they don't count, and nobody would know to do that unless they knew what the deck was. Don't be a double-dick and have someone's soul consumed without the party even knowing what's happening.
>>
>>54904432
Any kind of charisma multiclass is fine
>>
>>54904432
Sounds good BUT Pally3 might be more worth. 18 Bard gets an additional magic secrets but no more spell levels and you've already got your 9th level spell slot.

I'm no expert but what are the good pally3 options?
>>
>>54903470
Who are the best 5 according to him i wonder?
>>
>>54904492
2nd level Pally spells and channel divinity.
>>
>>54904377
probably because he can beat everyone else and not this one guy, making the one guy far more important in his eyes.

it's like the "I'm going to gas 6 million jews and 1 clown" joke.
>>
>>54904512
I mean channel divinity options, I dunno all the pally subclasses, whats the good shit?
>>
>>54904492
There aren't any, that's why magical secrets is better
>>
>>54904542
Fair enough.
>>
>>54904534
Vengeance and Devotion are the good ones, one gives advantage on a target for an entire minute and the other gives +CHA mod to attack rolls.
>>
File: spacegoblin.png (452KB, 467x646px) Image search: [Google]
spacegoblin.png
452KB, 467x646px
>>54901931
ok /5eg/,
it looks like im going to be converted to starfinder. look at this little bastard, and tell me that it would not be fun to explode him into bits with a rocket launcher.

convince me to stay with 5e
>>
>>54904534
>>54904512
Isnt paladin get their 2nd level spell at paladin level 5.
>>
So the thing is: I hate gnomes but love wizards.

I'm not a huge fan of elves and neither humans either.

How to procede?
>>
>>54904581
You're free to smother yourself in trash if you want but noone's going to care enough to stop you. Have fun calculating 12 different types of bonuses 4 different types of AC though.
>>
>>54904592
They do, other anon was a dumb-dumb
>>
>>54904420
Don't fuck with the action economy. Any animal friends that aren't beastmaster companions are effectively NPCs who are not remote controlled by the players and who have thoughts and motivations of their own. Even summoned creatures and familiars who must do what their master says will follow their own interpretation of those instructions based on their own personalities and awareness of the situation. If a druid wants to give highly detailed instructions to the woodland creatures he summoned, he'd better be able to do it in 6 seconds or less or it'll take more than one round to explain.

Nobody uses scrolls anyway. They save them for the last battle and then forget about them long before that. It'd be redundant with Use Magic Device, but only one rogue subclass gets that.
>>
>>54904606
Go full meme.
Halfling Diviner or Mountain Dwarf Abjurator.
>>
>>54904592
Whoops I was thinking of full casters
>>54904606
Anything that gives +Dex or Con can substitute
>>
>>54904606
play a hobgoblin diviner wizard with Lucky and control all the rolls
>>
>>54904606
tiefling wizard
>>
>>54904592
>>54904578
That CHA attack bonus would combo pretty well with a BB/GFB valor bard. a 9th level spell from any spell list is pretty tough to beat but it's soooooo late I dunno if that would make up for it in anything but highest level campaign.
>>
File: A_Perfect_Strike_cover.jpg (24KB, 314x411px) Image search: [Google]
A_Perfect_Strike_cover.jpg
24KB, 314x411px
>>54904614
i like numbers, tho
and i like filling out character sheets
>>
>>54904347
Help?
>>
>>54904512
Paladins don't get 2nd level spells until level 5. They get channel divinity options, which are generally weak (though Devotion paladins get to make their sword shiny and add Charisma to their to-hit checks once per short rest, which is good). They also get two first-level oath spells, which are always prepared. Of course, you're giving up two always-prepared spells of your choice in exchange.
>>
Is Arcana Cleric the best gish build if aren't allow to use UA content?
>>
>>54904699
Would 2 fighter/Valor bard x make sense? You'd get action surge and a fighting style for whatever it's worth
>>
>>54904347
>They don't know each other, except for a hobgoblin and his changeling master, and I'm not sure how to group them up and move them towards the north. Any ideas?

unite them against something that threatens all of them
>>
>>54904749
No, the Arcana cleric is a primary spellcaster who never has any reason to swing a weapon. The best gish is paladin.
>>
>>54904862
Probly better than Pally2. Bards are pretty set for most saving throws w/ jack of all trades but STR/CON are important ones. Archery fighting style on valors is pretty fucking sweet.
>>
Swashbuckler
Two Shortswords or Rapier + Booming Blade?
>>
>>54904629
>Don't fuck with the action economy.
I try to keep that in mind when futzing about with magic items and NPCs, but thank you.
>>
>>54904996
do you want your bonus action?
>>
>>54905028
Not really. The Disengage part is mostly covered by the Swashbuckler feature.
>>
>>54904996
Hmm, Swash/Valor gets medium armor and retarded levels of initiative with bonus-disengage-replacing options for BB combos or stupid high sneak attack duels with varying level variants.
>>
Is Against the Cult of the Reptile God a good module? Should I run it?
>>
>>54904749
Storm Sorcerers and Draconic Sorcerers make decent gishes if you prioritize Constitution over Charisma, and focus on concentration spells.

Valor Bards make good gishes if you steal the right spells off the Paladin and Ranger lists.

A Warlock with Booming Blade or GFB (or both, if you become a Tomelock!) can potentially be a better gish than an actual Bladelock.

And as always, Clerics were gishes before there were actual gishes. Several domains can make you decently offensive; I'm pretty sure at least one even gets fireball as a bonus spell.
>>
>>54905090
>Cleric Magic Initiate w/ BB/GFB/whatever or Shillelagh/whatever/Goodberry
>>
>>54905132
Ah, nah. I guess the wording of magic initiate would make BB/GFB suck since it doesn't explicitly make them part of your casting class like magical secrets would. Life Cleric Goodberries are fantastic though, free shillelagh on top is a lowbie divine gish right off the bat.
>>
>>54904927
Because 2d8+2WIS on primary target and another 1d8+2WIS on secondary target is more fun than a boring 2d8+WIS on one target?

Especially if it's a target that yiu have to be close by for spiritual guardian anyway.
>>
>>54905180
BB doesnt use spell casting modifier at all. GFB only use it on extra damage, which is neglectable.

Arcana Cleric can get those as Cleric spell though.
>>
>>54905268
They won't scale at all with MI outside your casting class. Good point about Arcana though.
>>
>>54905292
Cantrip scale with character level regardless of how you get it brah.
>>
>>54905321
Oh then there you go, it was fine all along. What would be a gishy 1st level WIZ/Lock/Sorc spell to grab with MI then?
>>
>>54905339
Find Familiar for 100% advantage
>>
>>54904606
Be a goblin. Dex+Con and a free version of rogue's cunning action (disengage/hide) is pretty valuable on a caster.
>>
do dwarves get some sort of natural ability to wear heavy armor without a strength requirement? cause I swear i seen that mentioned but can't find it anywhere
>>
Guys, are there any good homebrew or third-party classes that allow transformation in combat, a la Abomination from Darkest Dungeon?
>>
>>54905579
There's 1st party classes that allow that? There's no good homebrew classes at all though.
>>
>>54905513
I could have sworn the same, but now I can't find it either.
>>
>>54904675
Then have fun
>>
>>54905579
Yes. Speed not reduced by wearing heavy armor.
Without meeting strength requirement.
>>
>>54905513
Not *explicitly,* but they can ignore some or all of the penalties imposed by wearing armor that your Strength score is normally too low for.
>>
Hey guys, first time poster here. I found a group that wants to play D&D. I never played and just got the rule book.
I know I want to play a gnome rogue, what else do I have to know before we start?
>>
>>54905703
Fuck my phone. Can't reply to the right guy.
>>
>>54905513
Here we go: under Equipment, it explains that wearing heavy armor without a high enough Strength score will reduce your speed by 10 feet. However, under Races, dwarves have the following note for their speed: wearing heavy armor does not reduce your speed.
>>
>>54905730
Here's what you should do:
Read the section on gnomes, and know it thoroughly.
Read the section on rogues & your rogue subclass, and know it thoroughly.
Know the parts of combat later in the book that are applicable to you. Especially armor and weapons.
Boom, you're in better shape than most.
>>
>>54905730
how to play. Read the PHB, twice. write down any questions you have, then read the phb again and answer them.

We do not like being bombarded with easily answered questions. and any "how do I" questions will be answered with "Read the fucking book"
>>
>>54905513
>>54905649
it's listed under their Speed in the PHB
>>
File: Human Wizard.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Human Wizard.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>54902125
I DM once a week on Sundays, and then we leave Wednesday as an overflow day if folks can make it and I'm prepped enough for it. I'd really like one of my players to DM as well on some other night, but schedules make it tough.I'd be fine with less people though,
because I DM for 6 people (soon to be 5)
and I wish it was like 3-4
>>
>>54905753
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks
>>54905759
yeah, it's not like I don't know where I am.
>>
>>54905763
>>54905744
Ah, now I see it. TYVM.
>>
>>54905612
>memes
>>
>>54905815
Homebrew that isn't complete shit is only theoretically possible. I suspect people that can comprehend or appreciate game balance are the same people that don't really go out of their way to write special rules for their shit.
>>
>>54905579
Play Aasimar
>>
>>54905579
yeah it's called the Druid, and alter self, investiture of flame/ice/stone/wind, polymorph, shapechange...
>inb4 "but i don't like those!"
>>
Why there areso many weebs in /pfg/ Jesus Christ
>>
Is it possible to run a game with no dungeons?
>>
>>54905999
because it caters to weebs
>>
>>54906011
Yes, it will not be balanced though
>>
>>54906011
yes
now the better questions is "Is it possible to run a FUN game with no dungeons?" and the answer to that is: The game is called DUNGEONS and Dragons
>>
File: 14838638612370.jpg (186KB, 640x678px) Image search: [Google]
14838638612370.jpg
186KB, 640x678px
>>54905968
Already played as druid, wizard (thrice), sorcerer, warlock and bard. Spells are fun, but not exactly the thing I wanted.
Do you honestly think I would ask for third party materials before using everything in core books?
>>
>>54906040
>>54906034

Then, what do you suggest for players who find little interest or charm for dungeons?
>>
File: 1501495637806.jpg (332KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
1501495637806.jpg
332KB, 1000x764px
Alternatives to LMoP? Me and my friends are done with it, but the DM wants to play and I'm willing to DM next, but we don't want to go through LMoP again.
>>
>>54906014
How?
>>
>>54906071
Snowflake races and Naruto settings.
>>
>>54902125
bit late to the party but these lot run multiple games each day http://adventurersguild.enjin.com/
>>
>>54906103
Define snowflake race and Naruto setting.
>>
File: 1_UDUtGU1NqByb_yZmnhNTPw[1].png (208KB, 624x534px) Image search: [Google]
1_UDUtGU1NqByb_yZmnhNTPw[1].png
208KB, 624x534px
>New guy joins the group
>Says he has played 5e for a while so he knows the rules and such
>Having a fight
>Joins in to help
>Assume it will be the standard 'Hey, you're pretty good, how about you join us'
>After the fight, he takes some loot (we don't notice this) and runs off
>'Ok, whatever'
>Have a long rest for the night
>During the night he sneaks into our camp and takes one of our horses
I'm not sure what the goal is here, but it doesn't seem to be to join us
>>
>>54906159

It isn't. Catch him, hang him as a horsethief, and be done with it.
>>
>>54906056
>Do you honestly think I would ask for third party materials before using everything in core books?
have you been to these forums before? People are constantly asking for shit that already exists

>>54906063
Chess? 1/3 of this game and most any other RPG is devoted to exploration, to have exploration, you need "dungeons." Dungeons need not to be literal dungeons, a forest maze is a "dungeon," a haunted house is a "dungeon" but you are going to have an enclosed space filled with dangers at one point or another.
>>
>>54906159
Have you tried asking him what the fuck is wrong with him?
>>
File: races.jpg (50KB, 238x651px) Image search: [Google]
races.jpg
50KB, 238x651px
>>54906142
>Define snowflake race
pic related, now not all of them are snowflake races, of course, but jesus just look at that list.
Monkey Goblin, Kitsune, Vanara, etc.
>>
>>54906177
this right here. Horse thieves aren't tolerated for a reason
>>
>>54906231
Whoa.
That's a lot of... questionable races.
Also, android, really? Never thought Golarion is that much of a kitchen sink.
>>
>>54905847
While I agree with you, I don't think it's fair to dismiss it outright completely.

I do take great issue with first-time DMs homebrewing everything to hell and back just because. Goddamn I love my players but they definitely shouldn't be trusted with race rules.
>>
>>54906182

Enclosed spaces are fine, but they will poke fun at anything resembling a dungeon. On the other hand, they like forming armies and plotting. For big battles, when they get their hands on someone's army, we use Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>54906182
>>54906063
>>54906011
What's wrong with dungeons? Make a whole expedition out of it.
>Well either there's some trick to this door or the mechanism is busted
>Better make base camp here and get a team of shitty hirelings with pickaxes tomorrow.

>>54906281
I trust players to try to game the system as hard as is humanly possible and I trust DMs to get super focused on whatever their initial idea is and never think outside the box to scrutinize that idea.
>>
>>54903243
Cheers mate!
>>
>>54906231
D&D actually had kitsune first (called hengeyokai but the principle is the same). The only reason they haven't showed up in 5e is because the release schedule is so anemic that we haven't had the usual setting books like Oriental Adventures.
>>
>>54906142
>>54906231
The only one that matters for the purpose of this argument is kitsune. About one third of all Pathfinder players play kitsune, as you may have guessed by the OP images in /pgg/. I'd also like to point out that there's a subclass that is literally a magical girl.

A Naruto setting is one that makes no internal sense because all it cares about is being "cool." Golarion definitely applies. They'll throw in anything, from sci-fi and John Carter shit to literal kaiju and literal Cthulhu. There's an adventure where you travel to the "real world" and fight Rasputin. It's barely a setting; it's more like fifty ideas for a setting that could work on their own but don't mix.
>>
>>54906296
>they will poke fun at anything resembling a dungeon.
I think instead of playing TTRPG they're better off staying in tumblr or reddit or whatever and making fun of whatever the fuck they want there.
>>
>>54906335
Vanara are literally Sun Wukong. Hard to get weeber than that.
>>
>>54906296

Have you considered making a sort of "campaign" for WFB?
>>
>>54906296
>they will poke fun at anything resembling a dungeon
Have them play as peasant and stay at farm for the whole game. That way there will be no enclosed spaces, nothing even remotely resembling a dungeon and a lot of planning.
>>
>>54906321
The difference is that Oriental Adventures was a separate setting that tried to draw from the original mythology instead of from anime. Anime kitsune aren't dangerous alien spirits as likely to eat you as befriend you; they're just a fetish.
>>
>>54906351

I thought Sun Wukong was Chinese, though?
>>
>>54906296
You're probly just setting it up wrong. Anything can be dungeonesque if you sneak it in there.

>>54906381
So is Japan.
>>
>>54906335
>About one third of all Pathfinder players play kitsune
Really now.
>>
>>54904441
I'm gonna explain the exact same rules as the deck of many things, including declaring how many times they're going to roll it first. If they figure it out, good, if they don't, better. I have a personal vendetta against one of them because he's a munchkin and abused the polymorph/disintegrate combo to kill my first boss all the way back when I was a wee starter DM. So forgive me if I like to throw a curveball every now and again.
>>
>>54903138
Really depends on flavor. Based on that though? I guess
>>
>>54906344

They just can't wrap their minds around why anyone would ever build big underground dungeon.

>>54906369

I could give it a try. They are more used to strategy gaming, and are new into roleplaying. They are very keen in forming and leading a mercenary company.

>>54906386

I guess so. They have shown attitude and skill in infiltrating castles.
>>
>>54906511
>They just can't wrap their minds around why anyone would ever build big underground dungeon.
Because dragons can wreck anything else
>>
>>54906511
>Infiltrating a castle
>SUDDENLY TIME WARP INTO THE FUTURE
>The castle is in ruins and oh no it's a dungeon now we're all doomed

I honestly don't understand what the issue is with "dungeons." You're probly just missing the core of whatever they have problems with. Are walled cities dungeons? Caves acceptable? Mines? Hedge mazes? Is this about the planes? I can't fucking stand other planes.

If they want to run the overworld map all day long that's cool too. If they're big enough they can hire their own adventuring parties to clear out dungeons for them.
>>
>>54906511
>>54906557
>>54906566
Ooh you could go for sunken ancient city/castle. It wasn't built underground but it sure as shit is underground now. Depending on your setting anything could end up underground. Mountain fortresses are perfectly justified in any setting not just some underground playground.
>>
>>54906511
>would ever build big underground dungeon
Do you draw all your knowledge of D&D and fantasy from rogue-like games?
...You do realise that dungeons are not always located underground? And not neccarily built?
Dungeons are just predefined locations with loot, monsters and traps. Maze is a dungeon, as is BBEG's castle.
>>
>>54904944
>saving throws w/ jack of all trades
But JoaT has nothing to do with saves.
>>
>>54906733
It... does? It explicitly does. If you're checking your abilities, you're JoaT'ing.
>>
>>54906748
JoaT adds half proficiency to all ability checks. Ability checks are not saving throws.
>>
>>54906748
Saves and checks are distinct in the rules.
>>
>>54906748
I hope you feel bad and stupid
>>
I invited my girlfriend to play and she decided to make an elf druid with huge tits that flirts with all my NPCs and tries to haggle to the last penny being flirtatious.

Help what do
>>
>>54906802
>>54906798
Saving throws ARE (obviously) ability checks but there's an explicit list of what CAN modify them. JoaT isn't that. Okay then.
>>
>>54906900
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>54906900
Introduce your own self into the game, make sure to describe him exactly as you are, and cuck the shit out of her with a bunch of hot elf girls.
>>
>>54906900
Make a dwarf fighter with a huge dong that flirts back and is a tightarse with his money. She'll be drawn to him and then you have her coralled a bit.
>>
>>54906841
I do. All the time.
>>
>>54906900
Every NPC is a dragonborn and therefor uninterested.
>>
>>54906908
The only obvious thing is that your familiarity with the rules is extremely lacking.
>>
>>54906922
I made the Dwarven blacksmith to be gay and she called me a "shitty DM" because "you obviously changed the world to fuck with my plan instead of being a neutral narrator"
>>
>>54906900
Fuck her before sessions
>>
>>54906942
They're an ability check with class proficiency, it says that RAW. They also say "CAN be modified by X,Y,Z" and none of those things are explicitly JoaT.
>>
>>54906958
Well then get the dwarven blacksmith to offer her an opportunity to watch him and his boyfriend fuck. Maybe she's into dwarf yaoi.
>>
>>54906942
He's just confused by all the natural language
>>
>>54906908
Saving throws are not ability checks, pal.
>>
>>54906918
Yeah and if I do that I don't get blowjobs for like a month.

In the last fight of the sessions I got a kick under the table and a mad face, I checked my phone and there was a message of her telling me that to not even think to make the monsters attack her.
>>
>>54906959
Fuck her instead of sessions.
>>
>>54907015
you need to drop this bitch, stat. She only joined your game so your life can revolve completely around her.
>>
File: 5e ability checks.png (227KB, 361x233px) Image search: [Google]
5e ability checks.png
227KB, 361x233px
>>54906967
Ability checks, saving throw, and attack rolls are explicitly separate. "Ability check" isn't "d20 roll with an ability." Please read through chapter 7 in the PHB, it's only a few pages long.
>>
>>54907015
>don't get blowjobs for like a month
>not make monsters attack her
Maybe let the PCs fuck her in-game, then let them use your bedroom to fuck her IRL as well, and then hang yourself, you pathetic beta male.
>>
>>54906933
Dragonborn like tits tho
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>54907015
>>
File: 5865446564.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
5865446564.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>>54907068
>reptiles with tits
>>
>>54907057
And the only things different about the two are the header and the context.
>>
>>54907098
>dragons
>reptiles
I bet monotremes confuse the shit out of you
>>
>>54907015
Your girlfriend sounds like a manipulative piece of garbage and you sound like a little bitch. Sex should never be used as a weapon or reward by either party, that is literally abuse.
>>
>>54907136
Sex as a reward is the only reason marriage exists
>>
>>54907136
She says that she can withdraw anal and blowjobs as a weapon but not vaginal or titfuck, that's what we agreed at the beggining of the relationship.

>>54907098
They are not reptiles, they are like platypus.
>>
>>54907184
lmao
what a beta male cuck
>>
>>54907184
I'm not one of the typical woman-haters on the 4chins
But your girlfriend is a fucking bitch
>>
File: mylaw.jpg (119KB, 392x462px) Image search: [Google]
mylaw.jpg
119KB, 392x462px
>>54902621
There's nothing wrong with NOT being amoral murder hobos in a setting with no conceivable consequences for illegal or evil acts.
>>
File: lamia.png (62KB, 388x82px) Image search: [Google]
lamia.png
62KB, 388x82px
>>54907114
All you need for them to be different is that they have the same type of header, and are explicitly separated from one another in every situation. That means they are clearly not the same thing.

Pic related as an example of them being entirely separate in a game mechanic.
>>
File: 8e9.png (76KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
8e9.png
76KB, 625x626px
>>54907184
>>
>>54902900
>still the same origin as in the real world
>possibly related either to Greek αρτεμης (artemes) "safe" or αρταμος (artamos) "a butcher"
>>
>>54907136
Sex is a weapon, it's like a drug. It gets him right into that grave that he just dug
>>
>>54907015
>Yeah and if I do that I don't get blowjobs for like a month.
>n the last fight of the sessions I got a kick under the table and a mad face, I checked my phone and there was a message of her telling me that to not even think to make the monsters attack her.
She's trying to use her status as your GF to get advantages in game. Fuck that, kick her from the game.
>>
>playing 5e
>wanted to make a qt mute caster waifu
>asked DM. 3.5 methods don't work in 5e so it would have to be homebrewed
>DM insists I just play a normal character
>tfw no mute wizard gf
>>
>>54907068
>being a hummy
Get out out of here, Rel'Krosh, we don't need your magical realm bullshit. Just because you put tits on a primate doesn't mean it's okay to want to fuc kit.
>>
>>54907136
>Sex should never be used as a weapon or reward by either party, that is literally abuse.

Damn I miss being 14... so naive and cute.
>>
>>54907221
Ability Check: What's in this set of paragraphs
If what is defined in that paragraph shows up somewhere else it's not that all of a sudden? No, it's an ability check with special context and extra rules which explicitly don't include JoaT.
>>
>>54907237
>tfw no mute wizard gf
just be a sorcerer and use metamagic
>>
>>54907195
You're an idiot. Cucks exist but that's completely unrelated, you're just spouting /pol/ memes.
Cucks let their partners "cheat" on them because it turns them on. This anon is clearly not one of them.
What we've got here is a manipulative partner who withholds normal sexual behavior that she herself presumably enjoys in order to get things she wants. That's not healthy for either party involved.

>>54907235
And then there's that. DM's girlfriends are bad enough when they get special treatment without asking for it. Asking for it shows she has no respect for the other players.

What we have here is a simple case of shitty human being.
>>
File: BanterStops.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
BanterStops.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
>>54903350
I wish interesting, deep things like this happened in my games.

Then again, maybe they do, and I just don't know...
>>
>>54907254
ideally, it shouldn't. In practice, it always is.
>>
>>54907237
You can be mute, just pick spells without verbal components, and take perform (pantomime) as a skill.
>>
>>54907269
>believing that happened
>>
>>54907258
Idiot or trolling, got me, 5/10
>>
>>54907267
Shut the fuck up, you dumb cunt. Your opinion is useless. Go post your shit on Tumblr.
>>
>>54907237
>>54907283
You don't have to ever USE words. The DM can't force you to talk. There's also some spell that gives group telepathy but it might have a verbal component.
>>
>>54907283
There's like three spells in the whole game with no verbal component
>>
>>54907302
It's just bad editing really. Save that whole redundant paragraph with this:
>Saving Throw:
>An ability check with these special rules
>>
>>54907261
yeah i saw that after chargen, he was just trying to get the game started asap.
i enjoy what i played instead so yolo

>>54907283
there were very few nonverbal spells available, i'd be borderline useless if i couldn't somehow cast verbal spells
>>
>>54907318
Well then it's a stupid character concept, play something else.
>>
>>54907300
>believing that I believed that that happened
>>
>>54907333
You're a stupid character concept you cucked cock gargling castrated turbofaggot
>>
>>54907303
Nice argument, mate. I'll be saving it so I can use it for reference on nice arguments next time I'm debating someone.
>>
>>54907359
Come on.
>>
>>54907359
I'm not the one who can't play as my brain dead waifu special snowflake. ^:)
>>
Let's talk about riverboats.
>>
>>54907372
He says "cuck" so much I'm sure he'd love to be come on.
>>
>>54907359
>>54907384
will you two just fuck already?
>>
>>54907384
>tfw no qt comatose bard waifu
>>
>>54907318
There's not that many spells available at fucking all in 5E. Almost none rituals, almost none nonverbal, almost none still.
>>
>>54907395

Riverboats are neat. Gambling, Drinking, Hookers, and interesting combat encounters all in one place. Also travelling.
>>
>>54907395
Riverboats are pretty cool. Just giant floating houses of sin. A boatward temple to avarice.
>>
>>54907437
More rituals would be nice, but still and silent are handled by metamagic. Wizards know how to cast spells 1 way, sorcs know how to modify them.
>>
Is there a version of the Sunless Citadel map with the numbers that are legible? Google can't give me anything with a decent definition.
>>
>>54907453
I suppose so though I can't personally imagine anyone ever playing Sorcs even with stormy fly man. Even IF someone did such a thing those are not the metamagics I would imagine them going with.
>>
>>54907498
Because for roleplay purposes sorc subclasses are more interesting than anything a wizard has, even if they're not quite as powerful. There's also always homebrew, not all of it is terrible.
>>
>>54907544
Wrong, it's all terrible. Roleplaying purposes..... eh? I really like a lot of wizard subclass things even if they aren't as deep. Also bards are basically sorc tier casters and warlocks and other hybrids are an option even before MCs.
>>
File: image09.jpg (99KB, 744x560px) Image search: [Google]
image09.jpg
99KB, 744x560px
>>54907488
I THINK this is it?
>>
>>54907556
We get it, you're a powergamer. It's okay for other people not to be.
>>
>>54907578
I think so too. Thanks anon!
>>
>>54907593
Not even that, I wouldn't play to purposely have less fun. Powerful or weak doesn't matter.
>>
>>54907675
You assume other people derive fun from the exact same things you do, though. If someone tells you they have more fun playing sorc, you disagreeing with them comes across as badwrongfun, because you assume you know better than them what they'd enjoy.
>>
>>54907722
Never even mentioned other players, though I think giving sorcerers Ki Points is dumb.
>>
>>54906065
just move on to another module. Even if it's your first time DMing. I'd recommend CoS, but you could also run Forge of Fury or the Sunless Citadel from TYP if you want something shorter.
>>
>>54907794
Just wanted something that could hold my hand since it's my first time DMing.
>>
Tell me if this is a thing that you think makes sense, /5eg/.

> Casting a spell above your current spell level

In rare cases, it may be required that a spellcaster must cast a spell that they do not have the power to do so. For example, the party's Cleric wishes to revive a fallen comrade with Raise Dead, but they are not at the level that gives them that spell.

If the spellcaster works together with another caster of a similar level (within 2 levels of difference), the two can combine their powers to temporarily reach a level of magic that neither could reach at that point in time.

The same could apply to enemy spellcasters as well; perhaps the bad guy employs its cult followers to enact a ritual to summon a powerful entity, even if as individuals they could never achieve such a goal.

(Continued below).
>>
(Continued from >>54907810 ).

For any spell to be cast this way, it immediately gains the Ritual tag if it does not have it already. In addition, for every spell level above your current highest one, increase the casting duration by a factor of one. (So instantaneous becomes 1 minute, 1 minute becomes 10 minutes, 10 minutes becomes 1 hour, 1 hour becomes 8 hours, and 8 hours becomes 24 hours).

A skill check must also be performed by every spellcaster participating in this special ritual, with the DC determined by the DM as appropriate. Referring back to the above example, casting Raise Dead might require specific prayer and religious ceremony, so a Religion check may be needed along with the normal material components. Conversely, a cabal of Warlocks working together to summon an avatar of their patron might need to perform a Arcana check to succeed in the diligent work and arcane rituals to complete the summoning spell.

In addition, for every spell level you try to cast above your max level, the amount of people needed triples. For example, you would need three Clerics that are between levels 6 and 8 to perform this Raise Dead ritual. For a cabal of Warlocks to summon this avatar, they are assumed to be between level 1 and 3, and would need to have no fewer than 24 Warlocks to perform the spell (Planar Ally).
>>
>>54907810
I'd just say 1 caster with spell known, all consumed, per spell level above currently castable might work. Not necessarily more balanced but way less complicated.
>>
>>54907810
Unnecessary rule just for the sake of it
>>
>>54907830
I feel like it has to be complicated to make it so that a group of level 1 Wizards can't just get together and constantly try to cast Gate and open a portal to the Elemental Plane of Earth and get filthy stinking rich from all the valuable gems on the plane.
>>
>>54907867
Can level 1 wizards know that spell?
>>
>>54907830
>>54907867
I guess it would have to be expends spell slot at base spell level for the additional casters, but close.
>>
>>54907881
Of course not, but the proposed multi-caster rule here >>54907824 would make a large enough group of level 1 wizards able to attempt it
>>
>>54907930
Simple is better, usually. Also I'm pretty sure you could manage that from a scroll at level 1 with minimal caveats, no need to get stupid complicated.
>>
I'm a level 2 bard ATM and I'm gonna go valor next level. I also want to splash 2 fighter for a fighting style and action surge, should i take those leves after level 3, or wait til after 4 to get my ASI?
>>
>>54908399
taking 2 in fighter is a pretty big delay, but i'd wait until level 4/5 until you take a couple of levels.
>>
>>54908399
Already fucked up if you wanted dem good fighter proficiencies. Valor and MC Fighter have nearly the same shit.
>>
>>54908487
>Good fighter proficiencies
You mean Str/Con instead of Dex/Cha?
>>
>>54908507
That and heavy armor if you were going STRValor.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>54908535

>>54908535

>>54908535
>>
>>54908507
People meme that valor/fighter is bad because of the weapon/armor proficiency overlap. Strangely, that doesn't stop anyone from playing mountain dwarf fighters.
>>
>>54904297
Sure you are.
Those words have their own distinct meaning, I just can't will them to mean something else because I want to spin my own interpretation on them.
Have you tried actually understanding why those words mean?
>>
>>54908566
Well there's less overlap if taken in different orders. Depending on how deep you're going and what you're actually focusing on it may or may not matter.
>>
>>54908566
So you don't think it's too much of an issue?
>>
>>54904377
Then this isn't excessive confidence but something you may have heard of, obsessiveness.
>>
>>54904357
Maybe actually use the quote from the book instead of relying on a poorly worded synopsis.

The context was "has Entreri ever beaten Drizzt"? Which the accurate answer was yes. This still isn't wrong.
>>
>>54908677
I think in 5e hardly anything is much of an issue. Valor bard/fighter is certainly not underpowered in any meaningful way.
Try to get extra attack ASAP if you don't have attack cantrips, though.
>>
>>54908763
I took BB and vicious mockery as my cantrips, but i figured Dex was more useful than Str, hence starting as bard
>>
File: HeadInHands.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HeadInHands.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>DM cancels the game 24 hrs ahead of time
>uncancels it an hour before the start time
>>
>>54907810
>>54907824
Circle Magic
>>
>>54909311
You can't uncancel. The game's canceled. Don't go.
>>
>>54902608
It's to stop sunburn, I guess
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.