[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting TTRPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1499324409565.jpg (354KB, 1920x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1499324409565.jpg
354KB, 1920x1277px
My group has gathered with another friends group into one Discord to encourage One Shots and keep our campaigns nice and tidy instead of stuck in the awkward space that is DMs

I'm excited for this opportunity and want to find some interesting new systems to DM as one shots that aren't just D&D standard Fantasy or Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy as we already play long campaigns of those.
so fa/tg/uys, I would like to see some systems/settings that lend themselves well to being One shot adventures
>>
File: classes.png (2MB, 3360x2512px) Image search: [Google]
classes.png
2MB, 3360x2512px
>>54875309
I'm on a roll anyway so...

How about Strike!, A Game of Tactical Combat and Heedless Adventure?

Strike! is a generic system that exclusively uses a d6 for resolution, usually with no modifiers aside from advantage/disadvantage. This makes the game really really fast and simple to play (it's literally just "roll d6, see what happens on your chart"), which makes it ideal for oneshots. Because it's mechanics first and easy to refluff, you can convert just about any adventure from any setting/game (although there are some okay guidelines to just make shit up as you go as well). There are also a number of rules variants, for example a 2d6 variant (which does use modifiers, kinda PbtA style), or alternate skill systems that let you adjust how mechanically complex you want/fit the game to the genre.

While the above works as a sorta OK generic system alone, the main draw of the game is the Tactical Combat. This is basically a D&D-like, grid based squad focused skirmish minigame. It uses the same very simple resolution (d6+adv/disadv), retaining the speed and simplicity, but introduces all sorts of more complicated effects. To put emphasis on the teamwork aspect, each character gets to choose a Role on top of the Class, which enhances their powers in various ways. Classes themselves usually have 2-3 alternate paths and a number of alternate abilities to choose from each level, which leads to a really large amount of possible (and varied) characters. Fluff is decoupled from Class/Role, so if a player wants to, he can make up anything to fit any class/role to his character (or play the implied stereotype straight, if possible). Pic related is what I used for random generation (roll d20+d6) for a oneshot. Here >>54875074, I stat out RWBY characters (of all things) for fun. Enemies are created using simplified rules, and you can translate just about anything, including "unfair" or "titanic" opponents. Also, bunch of optional rules as usual.

Hit limit, questions?
>>
My hand is forced, here, have the books too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1i5mhmasq77iqm/Strike%20Books.zip?dl=0
>>
Trail of Cthulhu

Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>54875309
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.