[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 34

File: ec9c3114ba950ecff4c89026655fc229.jpg (453KB, 1192x1444px) Image search: [Google]
ec9c3114ba950ecff4c89026655fc229.jpg
453KB, 1192x1444px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Will you be porting Starfinder guns and EAC/KAC into Pathfinder? If not, why not?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54823906
>>
guns and KAC/EAC ? no, hell no

Maybe adapt, (with a hefty numbers bonus) the ability score increases? hell yes
>>
>>54831699
The reason I buy a game system is so I don't have to make and balance my own.

IF fireball did "whatever your dm feels like it"d6 people would flip. I can't believe you are defending this level of "whatever, just let the dm make the rules" game design.
>>
Some of the guns maybe. And some of the melee weapons, but not EAC/KAC. I need to look at more of the effects, figure out currency conversion, etc.
>>
>>54831840
Your DM is always free to give you whatever the fuck he feels like. That's what a GM does.
If your achievements have earned you a cool higher-leveled gun at a discount because your DM thinks it's a good idea, then it's just something that'll happen. That's not to say that there can't be incompetent DMs, but I'm assuming basic ability.
>>
Would you apply to a game that had a requirement of Gestalt and one side of the Gestalt had to be Unchained Ninja?
>>
>>54831905
Assuming I could change what stat I used for my Ki Pool and it wasn't lewd, sure.
>>
>>54831926
>wasn't lewd
fag
>>
>>54831944
>not wanting to typefuck people makes me a fag
>>
>>54831882
You are arguing against what the rules "should" be with what the rules "are". I know how the rules work. They work bad. you might was well just reply with "lol rule 0 fag"
>>
File: rinkah_joins_the_club.png (680KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
rinkah_joins_the_club.png
680KB, 1024x576px
So as a DM what do you guys think one should do if the players are supposed to kill someone but in a shocking turn of events... don't?
>>
>>54831905
It would depend on the premise. I don't join campaigns for the chargen. That isn't bad in a way that would drive me off, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>54832009
"Things that I don't like are bad"
Please, cry more namefag.
>>
>>54832015
Depends on what it was and how the party interacted with it/at all.
>>
>>54832015
>supposed to
Continue from there. If things go to shit because they didn't kill this person, that's what happens. Maybe give them a chance to rectify this mistake or if they can't, that's the end of the campaign.
>>
>>54832015
PAINTED ABS
>>
File: Yaha-kui.zaShunina.600.2090676.jpg (36KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
Yaha-kui.zaShunina.600.2090676.jpg
36KB, 600x361px
How easy would it be to port an Oracle to Starfinder? I want to play a xeno making first contact with Man.
>>
>>54832015
Typical response: employer gets mad, target (if they know about the attempt and its being dropped) is possibly thankful or vengeful, life goes on.

Unless this was the key to preventing the death of the universe, it should be basically fine.
>>
>>54832036
Someone defending shit like a system lacking rules should go fuck off and do free-form RP on some forum rather than try to play a game of any kind. Games are defined by rules, rather than lack of them
>>
>>54832105
It has rules you chimp.
And every d20 system also has rule 0.
False equivalencies make you look like a fucking retard.
>>
>>54832053
Long story short my players in the game of Rebels I'm running got to the part with the Tengu sisters, but whether it was simply the way I played the angry Corvid or if it was perhaps simply that my players were simply feeling generous they opted to knock her out with nonlethal damage then tie her up instead of outright killing her.

The Investigator then decided that in addition to running a rebellion he'd spend some time "housebreaking" her into focusing her more... violent tendencies towards more productive things like smashing LE guards' faces in. I'm fine with doing that, but this is my first AP after being used to more freeform DM-ing and I'm not sure how important I should make this decision in the long run.

>>54832076
EXCUSE YOU RINKAH IS A GOLDEN AMAZON GODDESS AND YOU WILL RESPECT HER ROCK HARD ABS.
>>
>>54832091
Very, but you may just shit stomp everything.
>>
>>54832036
This is the quality of argument I expected.

>>54832119
>literally saying "lol rule 0 so it's fine!"
jesus

>>54832130
not so sure abut that.
>>
>>54832127
Shouldn't the AP have info about how she approaches diplomacy, capture, escape. It usually has stuff like that.

Just speaking generically, unless they've done something to make this Tengu hate them forever or it's some kind of fanatic, I'd just play it by ear.
>>
>>54832142
It's equivalent in merit to your own argument, simply because your only point is that you don't like something.
Please, make a concrete point if you're going to be a namefag and pollute the threads with your cancer.
>>
>>54832119
rule 0 is fine guys! You're all just puppets in my story. I'm not just writing a book instead because i'm a huge faggot with no friends and need an excuse to have people show interest in me
>>
>>54832164
Something something PM me.
>>
>>54832164
Holy fuck, point out on the doll where the DM touched you anon.
>>
>>54832142
Character wealth by level seems more important in this system than PF, since being a level or two ahead of the curve on Weapon is ok but not five (normally). Crafting rules keep you to your level, so no cheating there.
>>
>>54832178
It was a major organ, but I only took 1d4 con.
>>
>>54832142

So you have issues with the fact that the GM ultimately decides when you get a more powerful weapon, despite the fact that is the case in Pathfinder and many other systems, largely because base weapon can scale higher than in Pathfinder.
>>
>>54832178
It's more or less me just ruthlessly mocking out the kind of person that's usually behind the "rule 0 games are fine because rule 0 and the DM can do whatever he wants because it's his game" attitude. Usually power mad DMs
>>
>>54832222
Nice quads, and I'm the same anon that made this post. >>54831882
Bad DMs are Bad DMs, you can't really help that.
>>
>>54832155
The AP states that she fights to the death, up to and including an orclike rage for when she falls below 0 (Dire Corbies as a species are basically Tengu/Orc hybrids), but the thing is is that beyond that there's nothing listed in the AP because it assumes that the players are going to be using lethal damage to bring her down. Since nonlethal damage doesn't trigger Ferocity they managed to find the one way to knock her out that the book didn't cover so it says nothing about alternative solutions.
>>
>>54832299
So she fights when she awakens, I guess. Or let them tame her. It's your game, fuck the AP.
>>
>>54832299

Well, congratulations, your group managed to out-think the writers.
>>
>>54832309
I'll just let them tame her, since in the time she was unconscious they tied her up so the only thing she could do when she woke up was sulk.
>>
>>54832325
Sounds like a plan! We offroading now!
>>
>>54832337
Indeed. I have to say though, my players did literally almost none of that section like the book assumed they would. They spotted the Gator almost immediately with really high rolls on Perception so they never tried to go into the water, they had the Rogue sneak into the room with all the boxes and crates then entered the room later with explicit diplomatic intentions, and since they never fought the gator or the Tengu sisters the Corby never had a reason to come out to "play" from where she'd been grounded, so I had to make up an introduction for her where she was smashing furniture like a child having a fit while they approached ever so slowly and cautiously.
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (214KB, 997x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
214KB, 997x558px
There's still plenty of work to be done in the /pfg/ setting!

There's some nice, giant Whalefolk to add lore to!

We've got some Magic Trees regulating magic and keeping it from irradiating you into monsters or worse!
>>
>>54832454
Yeah, that'll happen. APs assume a lot, and anything beyond that is for you to fill in.
>>
>>54832469
>stupid trees preventing me from shedding this frail form to achieve blessed perfection
Truly, nature is the worst.
>>
>>54832493
>First AP villain motivation detected
>>
>>54832325
That sounds cute
>>
>>54832509
Do it loser, I bet you won't.
>>
>>54832482
I guess then that brings to mind the question: What is the most egregious line of assumption in any given campaign that the players will do X thing?
>>
File: 1498047292076.jpg (24KB, 670x549px) Image search: [Google]
1498047292076.jpg
24KB, 670x549px
>>54832525
>cute
>>
>>54832571
That's what I said, fag.
>>
>>54832469
What are the deities?
>>
>>54832579
Please, Fag is my father. Call me Mr. Gayman.
>>
>>54832592

None currently developed. Write up a few, if you've got some ideas.
>>
Any of the Dead Sun's AP leak yet?
>>
>>54832525
I guess from a certain point of view it can be seen that way, the way I interpreted her characterization it made it sound like she was basically a fully grown creature with the emotional maturity of a prepubescent child, and played her as such.
>>
>>54832604
Who am I, to disregard a man's simple request?
It's a pleasure, Mr. Gayman.
>>
>>54832619

Not yet, probably soon, though.
>>
>>54832493
The trees also make little flies that turn into dragons

Also, if you want to be undead, just go to the Twisted Wastes, and die there and hope the Tree of Death decides to turn you I to one of her revenge-skellies. Or maybe try to bond with the tree
>>
>>54832627
The pleasure is all mine, I assure you.
>>
File: 1472106635424.jpg (865KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1472106635424.jpg
865KB, 3840x2160px
So the Augmentations chart seemed really sparse. While I imagine there will be plenty of additional ones added in splats and 3PP what sorts of augmentations would you have liked to see or will homebrew

For instance, something like muscule augs and bone lacing from Shadowrun except it's all one big augmentation to give you extra strength and let you fight unarmed without power armor or something.
>>
>>54832662
I don't barter with potential deck sets for power. I'll cut that fucker down and drink up all the radiation I damn well please.
>>
>>54832592
None yet, though the Eternal Trees seem to fulfill a bit of that niche, but not in the traditional 3.pf deity way. Lore isn't solidified on how Gods work in the setting, though in the original drafting a strongly supported idea was to make religious truth vague like in Everton, meaning a bunch of religions that all give magic, but you will never know which one is real
>>
File: 1316931089900.jpg (41KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1316931089900.jpg
41KB, 768x576px
Accidentally posted in the old thread.

I've been building out characters for a while and I'm kind of getting bored with it.

I've not explored multiclassing much though. What are some freaky hybrids that have a neat gimmick?
>>
>>54832675
I want to remove my brain and put it in a robot. I want bone lacing, replacement muscles, dermal plating, prosthetic and cybernetic limbs, a reinforced bladder, air recycling units, blindsight eyeball replacements, I want to be a goddamn brain in a jar.
>>
>>54832698
Funny, the last fuckers who tried that nuked themselves to death, turned their whole continent into a Mad Max wasteland, and pissed off the Death Tree so much it caused the creation of Undead and Monstergirls.

Besides, even if you destroy one tree, which so far no one has done, there are 19 more to go, scattered across the world, protected by radical and crazy nations and Wizard Utopias. And guns. Lots of guns. And some dragons.

Besides, if you destroy the trees, then Magic (that is in usable form) will cease to exist. Meaning you'll be irradiated, AND reduced to being effectively a Core Rogue without the talents
>>
>>54832763
m o n s t e r g i r l s
>>
>when you just drop out of the game that you genuinely weren't enjoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqflC-as2Qo
>>
>>54832785
What game senpai?
>>
>>54832763

Do they have to be monstergirls? Can't they just be horrifying, monstrous mutants like normal people?
>>
What are some good mythic feats for a gestalt witch/summoner?

Also it's lewd.
>>
>>54832785
Busta, straight busta
>>
>>54832763
Yeah, but fuck magic anyway. Your wizard hat doesn't mean shit if you can't pull a rabbit out of it, and I'll be too busy stroking my irradiated turbodong to give a fuck about anything else. Stop me and my crazy cultists if you can, guncucks! Enjoy your misfires!
>>
>>54832775
Well, I guess technically it's anything from the sliding gradient from Kemonomimi to ungodly mutant

Unless you go work for Not!Immortan Joe, in which case you get Joe's mutant Lamia concubines
>>
>>54832807
im not putting anyone on blast because it will then be incredibly obvious as to who i am
>>
>>54832728
Sacred Fist with a Master of Many Styles dip?
Barbarian/Bard/Dragon Disciple?
Cavalier/Bard/Battle Herald?
>>
>>54832819
nowadays im on my haters they got sadder

thats money longer

different song bruh.

different producer~
>>
>>54832826
You knew we'd ask. Why would you do this? Just to maximize the pain?
>>
>>54832728
The good old Rerollmancer is a really cancerous build for sure, and that's just on his own. And dread the day you allow the Rerollmancer to Gestalt, for he will become a Witch | IrDCOradin and you will never again hit anything.
>>
>>54832826
So it's a pfg game?
>>
>>54832728
There's also the "4 stats to AC" build, which is utterly silly but not entirely shit if you're a gestalt.
>>
>>54832844
you derive pain from not knowing the situation of someone youve probably never talked too in your life?

youre weird bro
>>
>>54832814
Greater KYS
>>
>>54832822
>Cultist anon finally gets irradiated
>His dick shrivels and falls off due to the magic radiation
>Also his fingers, skin, and hair too.
>He dies consumed by excruciating pain and agony, then his body is used as fertilizer to regrow the tree he cut down
Way to go idiot, you failed, got yoself and yo dick permakilled, pissed off almost the entire world, and in the end achieved nothing you couldn't have done by chopping your balls off instead

Congratulations, idiot
>>
>>54831905
Narutofinder could be fun
>>
File: 1498336029378.jpg (428KB, 695x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498336029378.jpg
428KB, 695x1024px
>>54832742

Interesting. Would it essentially just make you a living construct or would you add more stuff to it. I would leave it open endedd enough so you can fluff how it goes like getting a full on Major Kusanagi style body or something like MGR where you're a head and spine essentially.
>>
>>54832880
I killed 20 trees nobody else could, irradiated the world, killed magic as we know it, and pissed everybody off. I also got my penis permakilled, which is more impressive than getting it regular killed. I'll probably go down in history or efforts will be made to erase my name completely, which is its own kind of fame. Suck my shriveled, permadead dick, magic trees!
>>
>>54832814
If you want to try to leverage your 3/4s BAB, you might want Mythic Arcane Strike. The Mythic Metamagic feats are neat. Mythic Improved Initiative is critical, because high-power PF is rocket tag. I'm not sure if Mythic Spell Focus/ Mythic Elemental Focus is necessary, but it's worth noting that if you take Spell Perfection you'll also double the bonus you get from them AND from the non-mythic versions of the feats.

>>54832874
Come on Anon, try to give a real answer. It should be Mythic Greater KYS, right?
>>
>>54832867
4 Stats to AC? I know how to get Dex, Wis, and Int, but what else are you running to get another stat funneled in there?
>>
>>54832930

>Got my penis permakilled

Now there's an epitaph for the ages.
>>
>>54831905
host narutofinder
>>
>>54832923
I'd probably go for a human in a machine, exploring at what point you stop being human. The importance of basic sensation, and how our bodies shape the way we interact and perceive the world. As the character progresses down this path, their worldview would change.
>>
>>54832920
>>54832955
Narutofinder would be everyone with one half full caster though.
>>
>>54832930
>I'll probably go down in history
You won't. The world is now destroyed, all of life was destroyed by magical radiation, and the world fell apart, because the entities that were physically AND metaphysically holding the world together are gone, meaning reality is gone.

No one will remember you, because no one exists anymore. Your actions no longer exist, and all you just did was restart reality and have it rebuild itself all over again. Everything you've done is now more than pointless, especially since there is no sure known afterlife.

You are not famous, nor are you infamous. Your just someone who no longer exists and has no evidence for his existence. Congrats, your whole life and existence was more pointless and more nothing than all the events of Sonic 06.

Conglaturations, a retard is you
>>
>>54832949
Kapenia Dancer+Eldritch Scion Magus works, but the more straightforward one is Iroran Paladin. Which also gives you CHA-to-Saves.

I've also been informed by experts that there are ways using common pfg 3pp options to get both CON and STR to AC...so, well.
>>
>>54832987
Well, I took all those other fuckers with me. And isn't that what really matters in the end? Letting your petty ambitions restart the entirety of existence? Oh, that also means I permakilled every dick in the world before it reset. That's more than anybody else can say. Literally, since they're dead. We can only pray that somebody is stupid enough to want blessed perfection in the next cycle.
>>
>>54832992
My preferred method for the first 3 (including Dex which just gives you AC inherently) is to gestalt UC Monk and Vigilante!Stalker. Paladin could also work to get Cha I suppose, though good luck trying to fit all 3 mental scores plus a physical into what is, in the end, going to be more likely than not a very melee focused build.
>>
I just realized that I run the same themes in every game I run unknowingly. The themes themselves aren't important, I just wanna know, is this okay or do is there a possibility that I have issues?
>>
>>54833200
Dude, I once had a DM that was super into having unreasonably huge doors inevitably show up in every campaign of his we played, having a running theme is nothing new nor is it wrong, and sometimes your players can even have fun with it if they notice too!
>>
>>54833200
If you didn't realize it until now, it should probably be okay. Even famous writers and directors reuse the same concepts and ideas, how else do you think Alfred Hitchcock and Hayao Miyazaki got famous?
>>
>>54833200
No, that's pretty normal.
>>
>>54833200
As long as it's not like you've got an axe to grind, as long as you're not offending or browbeating your players about these themes, and as long as they're not just awkwardly crowbarred in, you're fine.

Hell, every writer tends to have recurring themes, noticing yours is just a good sign of learning something about yourself.
>>
Chaotic evil is the best alignment
>>
>>54833565
Why do you think so? Care to explain your position?
>>
>>54833572
You have the most fun
>>
>>54833585
Explain further. I realize that fun is subjective, but why do you have more fun while being Chaotic Evil? Why do you believe you would have less fun being Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, or even Lawful Good?
>>
>>54833565
I agree but probably for different reasons. I love the free pass to party conflict and the roleplaying challenge of maintaining the alignment or developing into a better character without disrupting the party.

Lawful evil is the most boring alignment since it gives you simple rules and a fast explanation to doing anything on the spectrum. Neutral evil is hard to roleplay in a bad way since it's entirely selfish and doesn't leave much room for doing things without an immediately apparent benefit.
>>
Do you need to take levels in gunslinger if there's another gunslinger in the party and your pistol is merely for the opening volley?
>>
>>54833880
No. Maybe.
>>
>>54833880
No, you can go with Slayer, URogue, or Investigator and take the gunslinger talents (all two of them) and manage just fine as a backup gunner.
>>
>>54833565
it is very rare to see Chaotic Evil depicted in a way that isn't "lolrandumb Evil"

probably the best CE villain I've seen in media was one who was playful, impulsive, impatient, easily manipulated, and with a disdain for others. After wasting time playing with their opposition for a while, they got distracted by a bluff for a brief moment. They got bored and called the bluff pretty quickly, but it was just long enough for a counterattack to mount.
>>
>>54833565

SOMEONE LEFT THE ORPHANAGE UNGUARDED!

BIG MISTAKE.
>>
>>54834003
Oh no! Now all those vicious orphans will escape into the streets to menace the townsfolk!
>>
>>54834010
Are you bad enough dudes to cull the orphan hordes?
>>
>>54833967
CE gets a bad rep because people constantly label the good CE characters with the wrong alignment.

If a CE character pursues an ideal, they usually get mislabeled for having any strong opinions, even when it's a classic CE cornerstone like the obsession of personal freedom at all costs or the pursuit of destruction.

If a CE character is patient or meticulous, they usually get mislabeled for preconceptions based on personality ignoring their life style, even alignment has zero to do with personality.
>>
Chaos is all about violence
Evil is all about being selfish powergrabber
It is not hard alignment to get
>>
>>54834131
You're right. That's the problem. People keep adding expectations to CE that ends up with them paying lulrandumbs. People always mistake alignments as being too narrow when generally they only cause trouble by being too broad.

If a character is a bad guy and he's needlessly destructive, he's probably CE. That's a wide scope but generally enough to bar him off from the other evils, since LE is motivated by reason and NE is motivated by ego. But people who don't understand the Y axis mistake Johan Liebert or Paradise Lost Satan or pre-extra Sephiroth for other alignments when they're widely loved undeniably CE villains.
>>
>>54834189
CE doesn't need to be destructive, an amoral anarch who is only out for himself also qualifies whether or not he goes out of his way to kill people.
>>
>>54834302
how are you anarchic without destroying something?
>>
>>54834302
Looking out for your own best at the cost of others usually makes you NE. Remember that neutral isn't just inbetween on either axis, it implies concious self-motivation.

CE and LG are kind of oddly similar in that they're the only alignments which encourage self-destructive behaviour.
>>
>>54832548
That they will do anything sane.
>>
2hu BTFO running games yet again.
>>
So are Starfinder Drow now the Ferengi?

>Well known merchants
>Sexist
>Think less of other races.
>Sensitive ears.
>>
>>54834641
wat
>>
>>54834665
Drow are merchants now?
>>
>>54834319
>>54834351
Anarchist is the big C. Opposing the rule of law is the thing.
>>
File: euron_greyjoy_ffg_5815.jpg (52KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
euron_greyjoy_ffg_5815.jpg
52KB, 300x375px
What is his class?
>>
>>54834771
How do you do that without destroying something?
Or are you going to keep inside your fence saying you are free, free, FREE
>>
>>54834778
Warpmaster
>>
>>54834762

Yeah, in Starfinder they are very prominent arms merchants.
>>
>>54834788
Destruction is only half of CN. Making things is also CN. That's what makes CN different than CE - there is beauty and joy and love of life in chaotic neutral that doesn't exist in chaotic evil. The reason it's not chaotic good is because CN doesn't go out of it's way to make everyone enjoy life and create and destroy and have fun and be alive - they are in it for the sake of it, not because everyone has to enjoy what they enjoy.
>>
>>54834982
As opposed to?
>>
I would like to identify a few problems with the solarian.

• Solarian Problem #1: The solarian is a Strength-based melee class, with mandatory class features that key off melee attacks. Despite this, it starts with only light armor proficiency, and its solar armor can be used only in light armor (whether or not it works in powered armor is ambiguous). Therefore, right from the start, solar armor is a useless class feature, and a solarian is behooved to blow their 1st-level feat on Heavy Armor Proficiency.

465 credit hidden soldier armor might impose -5 speed, but it grants 2 more EAC and KAC than 460 credit kasatha microcord I.
2,970 credit lashunta ringwear II has 3 more EAC and 4 more KAC than a 2,980 credit D-suit I.
The difference only increases from there.

Solar armor can be vindicated by allowing it to work with powered armor, but that is currently a grey area in the rules.

• Solarian Problem #2: The solar weapon is all but useless from 1st to 5th level. It is much better for a solarian to pick up a tactical pike and avail of 1d8 damage and reach that can still target adjacent creatures. 1d6 damage is pathetic.

The solar weapon finally vindicates itself at 6th level as it finally attains 2d6 damage, which goes up to 2d6+1d4 (critical bleed 1d6) with a 3,050-credit least W-boson crystal. Hooray!

Unfortunately, by 9th level, the solar weapon reaches 3d6 damage, which rises to 5d6 (critical bleed 2d6) with a 26,200-credit lesser W-boson crystal. Meanwhile, an 18,100-credit ultrathin curve blade deals 3d10 damage (critical bleed 2d6), only 1 less on average, and is significantly more economical.

In other words, the solar weapon is totally useless at 1st to 5th level, fairly useful from 6th to 8th level, and back in the dumpster from 9th to 11th level. It flip-flops back and forth between "useless" and "good" depending on the level and the affordable weapons then. This is not a good sign for a class feature.
>>
File: 73f554d7a67a84a817d07f2d89572d61.jpg (893KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
73f554d7a67a84a817d07f2d89572d61.jpg
893KB, 849x1200px
>>54835097

• Solarian Problem #3: The solarian is a Strength-based melee class, yet its key ability modifier is Charisma. This means that a human, half-elf, or half-orc solarian is going to start with Strength 18 and Charisma 14, thereby screwing a solarian out of Resolve Points compared to a soldier. This also means that a solarian has no room for Dexterity, which would have improved their durability as a frontliner. In contrast, a human, half-elf, or half-orc melee soldier can easily have Strength 18 and Dexterity 14, giving them more Resolve Points, initiative, AC, Reflex, and ranged attack bonus. Skill bonuses are nice, but a frontliner has to actually survive over the course of the day.

• Solarian Problem #4: Both of the mandatory 1st-level revelations are not that good. They are very positioning-dependent, and a solarian can use them only during their third turn and onwards. By that time, there is absolutely no guarantee that the solarian will be in a good position to use Black Hole or Supernova. They require saving throws from a Charisma secondary class, and Black Hole is a dangerous proposition for a frontliner with middling EAC and KAC.

• Solarian Problem #5: There is a "one true build" for solarians from 2nd to 7th level, and that involves taking Stellar Rush at 2nd, Plasma Sheath at 4th, and Corona at 6th, always staying photon mode (extra damage beats a bonus to Reflex, obviously), and then completely ignoring Black Hole and Supernova. This results in raw melee mobility, damage, and counterdamage. Absolutely no other solarian build can compete with this. There is no reason to bother with any other photon revelations from 2nd to 7th level, let alone any graviton revelations from 2nd to 7th level. Yes, that means sucking up the fact that attunement now takes 4 points. It does not inspire much confidence in the class's design when it is clear that this one build outshines every other.
>>
>>54835103

• Solarian Problem #6: Well, #5 is not necessarily true. Depending on how Blazing Orbit works, if the fire damage applies with each square a creature is forced into, it could very well be the solarian's greatest source of damage by 6th level. This could stand to be patched.

Is this assessment accurate?
>>
>>54835097
Solarion is semi-Monk
Which means you will never be satisfied by the class because you will not agree with the "always-on" design decision
>>
>>54835042
As opposed to chaotic good (everyone must have the opportunity to enjoy good things and not be troubled by bad things) or chaotic evil (only I can enjoy stuff and fuck you and everything else because you and life and everything is fucked up). Chaotic neutral has no issues with destruction or creation and tends to enjoy both as part of a life lived to the fullest without hurting or saving anyone or anything.
>>
>>54835144
No as opposed to law.
>>
>>54835113
>tell me I'm a good little autist and that everything I say is correct because I wobn't actually listen to any counterarguments

Don't fucking ask if your assessments are accurate if you don't actually care.
>>
>>54835140

This is a rather silly decision given that Called or Glamered is a level 1 weapon fusion.

It also does not explain why solar armor is so useless, considering that it is supposed to augment physical armor anyway.
>>
>>54835113
Nope.

your math is spot on, but it makes a bunch of stupid assumptions that everythign centers around optimization when the enemies aren't even extant yet (and no, first Contact does not count, they're using rules that are unrelated to Starfinder). Your math could be perfect, but your assessment could be absolutely wrong.
>>
>>54835152
Ugh.

Everyone always wants to contrast chaos with law. There's no point to that comparison. Chaos doesn't oppose law and order unless it has an agenda, and it only has an agenda if it is chaotic good, or chaotic evil. Chaotic neutral ~doesn't care~. You can be as organized and dutiful and honor bound as you want. That's your choice and as long as you're okay with them having their choices, as annoyign as you may find them, they couldn't care less about law, order, rules, restrictions or anything else. They may even follow some. they may not. Freedom to act is what chaotic neutral is about, and properly protrayed, law has no impact until it interferes with their freedom to act.

When it does, you may expect the antimatter-matter reaction at that point.
>>
>>54835173
Glamered equipment can still be taken away.
And Solar armor is not useless, it is up there with Warpriest's Sacred armor in how you are supposed to look at it.
>>
>>54835140

>Which means you will never be satisfied by the class because you will not agree with the "always-on" design decision

Always on? The Solarian needs weapon crystals and physical armour (Solarian armour only gives a minor bonus to existing armour)
>>
>>54835174

I am highly doubtful that the enemies will be so different from First Contact that they will somehow make a solarian an especially appealing melee class at the lower levels.

The only way this could possibly happen is if an extremely large amount of enemies had the tendency to stay far away from the party or otherwise make it difficult for melee characters to charge in, thereby rendering the solarian's Stellar Rush at 2nd level highly valuable. Even then, a Blitz soldier receives something similar at 5th.

That said, I will gladly repost these five points once the enemies from Incident at Absalom Station become viewable.
>>
>>54835221
You can use the solar weapon without a crystal
>>
>>54835216

>And Solar armor is not useless, it is up there with Warpriest's Sacred armor in how you are supposed to look at it.

Unless solar armor works with powered armor, solar armor is best ignored, as a solarian requires Heavy Armor Proficiency sooner or later. This is because the solarian is a Strength/Charisma-based class.
>>
>>54835244

Yeah and it's stats are pretty pitiful in that situation.

I'll admit, I don't quite get these monk comparisons. Solarians need weapons and armour as much as most classes. They are not the Mystic or Technomancer, who can function without gear.
>>
>>54835140

What's an always on design decision?
>>
>>54835103
Whatever happened to the whole "they're made for switching back and forth" we were told about originally?

The only effect attunement does is make it impossible to use the other mode without first shutting down the effects for a turn. There are only advantages to sticking to one mode forever, and only disadvantages to taking the wrong ones.
>>
>>54835301
At-will resources have to be either scarce or less powerful than other.
>>
>>54835303
>There are only advantages to sticking to one mode forever

Now now, if you try to focus on a single element the game will punish you by making you take longer to power up.
>>
>>54835309

The soldier doesn't seem to be punished by his at-will guns/hit people with a melee weapon.
>>
>>54835309
Of course this backfires severely (see original versions of monks, PF rogues, and soulknives from D&D3.0 all the way to the later years of pathfinder) the moment those at-will abilities are equalled or beaten by a small amount of money if those abilities are eating up your class.
>>
>>54835320
Weapons are not at-will because they can be taken away
>>
>>54835322
Fuck everything about you.
>>
>>54835322
And Solar Weapons can be disarmed
>>
>>54835343
Dude, just because you hate it, does not make it super common trope for DnD
You ever played Skulls and Shackles?
>>
>>54835313
All that REALLY means is you're limited in the number of abilities you can take in reality.

I was really expecting something like TOME's positive/negative balance sun-clerics (forget their exact name) or the such, but instead we got something completely stupid.

Imagine if achieving full attunement in one didn't open up your zeniths or full abilities for that mode... but rather for the other one, and switches your attunement (fully) back and forth.

For example, you get to full-attunement photon, the passive effects are online, but the active full-attunement-required abilities you can use are gravity ones instead. If you use a gravity zenith though, that switches you to full attunement gravity, meaning your passives/effects switch over. But then you can swap back and forth.

This way the solarian would just have been spooling up to full power over a few turns, to balance out strong abilities.

Instead they got weak abilities that other classes can beat with gear while keeping their own.
>>
>>54835322

So a class needs to be weaker on the off chance that once in every few campaigns the party might get captured?

The Solarian doesn't even have that ability right now as the weapon crystal can be taken away and he loses a good chunk of his solar weapon. If he picked solar weapon. If he picked Solar Armour he's shit out of luck.
>>
>>54835350

>Skulls and Shackles

The game that will actively kill anyone who didn't max out con without combat because you lose 1d4 con every single day from grog?
>>
>>54835378
Uh huh.
Let's not pretend "Throw the players into jail naked!" is not up there in most common GM plot railroads out there.
>>
>>54835361
>Instead they got weak abilities that other classes can beat with gear while keeping their own.

The Solarian's Black Hole is just fucking embarrassing. You can pull people towards you as a standard action...a shorter distance than you can walk. With zero class features to actually keep them close to you so if you try it on multiple people most of them can happily walk away from your one AoO with no ability to get more.

It's like someone looked at a 4e Defender and didn't actually understand that 'Sticky' was important for making them work.
>>
>>54835388

Which really, really doesn't work in Starfinder even outside of the Solarian. Weapon level scaling is 90% of your damage, so trying to take on a guard with a shiv is going to be embarrassing and kinda pitiful if you are above like level 3.

Or the Technomancer/Mystic just save the day as you can't take away their spell casting (No more somatic, verbal or material components)
>>
>>54835416
>taking a spellcaster and not using mind altering drugs to kill their spellcasting ability as a prison master
Pfft
>>
File: the result.jpg (113KB, 571x457px) Image search: [Google]
the result.jpg
113KB, 571x457px
>>54835369
It especially needs to be weaker because it gets free equipment instead of real class abilities!

Because somethingmumblemumblemumble

... this mindset created pic related in the past.
>>
>>54835423

Drugs only take away your top 2 levels of spells now. It also doesn't take away any actual class abilities.
>>
>>54835434
Put enough attribute damage to their casting attribute so they cannot cast spells anymore.
>>
>>54835447

That's not how drugs work in Starfinder. There is now tracks for drugs for each stat that don't reduce the stat itself. That's where the 'Lose the top 2 levels of spells' comes from.
>>
>>54835466
What, poisons are gone in Starfinder?
I might had used poison and drug as synonyms
>>
>>54835479

That's how poisons/drugs work in Starfinder. Stat damage is gone.
>>
File: Count-14.png (109KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
Count-14.png
109KB, 640x363px
>>54835427
Lets see. Mind blade is the weapon. Throw mind blade just lets you do something you'd be able to do with a weapon to begin with... so that's a dead level. +1 mind blade and mind blade enhancement limits are... also basically just part of the weapon.

So levels 2, 4, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 20 are definitely dead levels. 6 avoids it by getting a free feat, 5 by free-draw. We can probably consider psychic strike a single ability, so 7, 11, 15 and 19 are dead levels as well.

So dead levels on a BAB 15 class that had no casting or special abilities beyond the listed table were 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. That's 14 dead levels.

14. Ha ha.... ha.
>>
>>54835510
Huh
>>
>>54835526

They basically yanked the D&D 4e disease system and made it per-stat rather than per-disease.
>>
>>54835113
>>54835103
>>54835097
The biggest problem I see is that most people - indeed, very few people - use the enemies these classes are going to face in an optimal manner. Optimization is not the standard, it is an excessive move away from the math that the game is actually played at. chances are the creatures you will be facing will not only be designed around the non-optimal class builds, but will also take themes and archetypes into account where your math does not. it is very easy to make a median character using any of the classes, and unlike you, most people - and most GMs will not optimize the enemies to counteract the optimization you think is the norm.

In other words, your issues with the solarian are an inconsequential issue in the actual game, because you are presuming a game that doesn't actually get implemented is the "norm" when it is not.

It is more likely that the soldier and operative will be the outliers and not the norm, and that envoy and solarion are perfectly fine against the threats in the actual game.
>>
>>54835254
>I psychically know what threats will exist in this game despite having no evidence except a book that uses a completely different rule set.
>>
The point is, flying invisible fireball throwing wizards in the sky is not a proper encounter even if it is plausible one
>>
>>54835651
So why play a solarian when you can do a melee soldier?
>>
>>54835664
They've basically stayed the same, man.
>>
>>54835651

Honestly, the Operative has it's own really big issues. Mostly that it utterly dominates non-combat to the degree that it removes niches for other classes. A scaling bonus to every single skill, additional bonuses to another 2 skills on top of that AND the most skill points.

There is little room for other classes to contribute out of combat if an Operative is in the group.
>>
>>54835394
>not realizing how useful that is in null-G
You're a fucking stupidly unimaginative dipshit,
>>
>>54835687

It's pretty worthless outside of null G and even then, of very limited use in null-G due to the zero-G rules for objects impacting each other. You'll debuff yourself if they end up touching you at the end of the pull.
>>
>>54835673
So you have the Absolom Station AP already? No? Then shut up.
>>
>>54835714
>pull enemy towards you
>attack
>no longer have to worry about impact
I rest my case.
>>
>>54835717
You sweet naive child.

They'd have to rewrite the whole fucking combat paradigm from the ground up to make the monsters any REALLY different.
>>
>>54835731

How do you attack? It's a standard action to pull them towards you. Which is the thing that really cripples Black Hole. You need them to be close enough that you can walk over and hit them in order to pull BUT for some reason instead use your turn pulling them and not attacking.

Pulling a guy into you in zero-G will result in you getting the off-kilter condition until you can reach a solid object to recenter yourself on.
>>
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk07?True-Masters-of-Elemental-Power

>**Mobile Gathering**
>You can gather elemental energy while walking slowly.
>**Prerequisites:** Kineticist level 7th, kinetic blast class feature.
>**Benefit:** While taking a move action to gather power, you can move up to half your base speed, and while taking 1 full round to gather power, you can move up to half your speed on the turn you begin the full round of gathering power. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity, and you can't use Acrobatics checks or other abilities to attempt to negate them, as you're concentrating on gathering power (nor can you use Acrobatics to balance, jump, or do anything else that requires a skill check). It's harder to concentrate on gathering power while using this feat; if you take damage during or after gathering power and before using a kinetic blast that releases it (including from an attack of opportunity provoked by the movement), the concentration check DC to avoid losing the gathered power increases by twice the blast's effective spell level.

Is this basically pounce but for Kineticists? If so, that's ABSURDLY strong! This a pretty major upgrade if you're careful about where you move and don't provoke AoOs
>>
>>54835717
The core rulebook has a CR 20... and yep, it's basically the same as First Contact.
>>
>>54835416
I'm pretty sure anti-magic, anti-tech prison cells are going to be a thing. That's where the soldier with the armor storm style and the operative are both great though, as their damage scales with level naturally as well as through weapons.
>>
>>54835788

>That's where the soldier with the armor storm style

He needs to be wearing armour to get that. He's kinda shit out of luck if his gear gets taken and he gets thrown in jail.
>>
>>54835801
>He needs to be wearing armour to get that.
Nope.
The level 1 feature works without any gear.
>>
>>54835801
It's any heavy armour at all. If he steals a guard's armour or secretly crafts really basic heavy armour he's fine.
>>54835806
I don't know what you are smoking, read it again.
>>
>>54835806

>You treat any unarmed attack made while wearing heavy or powered armour as being made with a battleglove.

Requires heavy or power armour.
>>
>>54835781
It is from Player Companion
It is expected
>>
File: 1481494462451.jpg (2MB, 3362x2238px) Image search: [Google]
1481494462451.jpg
2MB, 3362x2238px
>shadowrun gm
>player asks me to run this and hands me a pdf
>Get to the weapons and augs

I-I don't get it it looks like some of the tech stuff is alright but why does the rest of it just fall flat on its face? Could they not had think of some kind of way to allow have gear and not have it tied to some kind of level in anyway?
>>
>>54831677
>thread question
No, because we already have better homebrew. We're practically playing a different game now.
>>
>>54835904
*Could they not think of some kind of way to allow the players gear and not have it tied to some kind of level in anyway?

To follow up I know you can ignore the level cap but still is pretty odd to me.
>>
Played the last part of the first chapter of Curse of the Crimson Throne last night and my paladin of Iomadae died. Crushed by a zombie orgre's mace. Although I've been playing pathfinders for about 5yrs this is my first death as a player. (Pic related was my Paladin).

What do I replace him with? Our party consists of a Cleric of aspu, Wizard, and a Slayer. Not sure if I want to go full tank route again.
>>
>>54835781
This is in no way pounce. All it is is it lets you regain half your mobility when using the basic ability required of not destroying yourself for the sake of using your standard action.
>>
>>54835904

They really could have done with scaling with level be the default on weapons. So level 13 is 4W or whatever. So your 1d6 laser rifle is 4d6 now. As right now you play a weird shuffle game with gear since not every bit scales at the same rate (Some weapons simply stop existing at some levels so you are shit out of luck if you want to stick with them).
>>
>>54835936
Bard.
>>
>>54835904
The level is just how they did rarity
In Shadowrun you got the scarcity/legality which is handled by the levels in SF
>>
It looks like I've found the solarian's pitfall.

The cost for 'energy' damage in melee weapons is on average twice that of physical damage. If you look at the damage that, say, a level 10 photon blade with a level 11 crystal does, you'll see that the total (5d6) is fairly close to quite a few slashing damage melee weapons of similar price to that crystal ('bout 25k) but that energy weapons of similar damage are nearly twice the price.

So basically, "it gets to do fire damage at half price! half price! NOTHING resists fire damage!" happened.
>>
>>54835931
My GM just tied everything, even levels, to money. In order to level up you need to spend a certain amount of gold on whatever training you want to fluff gaining that level as.

He also has two version, one where he built his own classes that are balanced with each other, the other has costs based off tier lists, so a level of Wizard costs 2-40x as much as a level of Fighter.

You could always try something like that, let your players choose between spending gold on training or on gear.
>>
>>54835995
It targets KAC with that energy damage so it's trash.
Energy immunities are a thing, for example, the Necrovite in First Contact is immune to two elements, but kinetic immunities aren't a thing.
>>
>>54835210
My only problem with this is that, if that's chaotic neutral then what is true neutral? Personally, I agree, barring some rare exceptions (Proteans, the insane, etc) Chaotic people aren't breaking rules just for the sake of breaking them and they aren't trying to force a chaotic "agenda" by breaking down lawful societies. Ultimately, the best way I've ever been able to divide chaotic neutral from true neutral is whether or not they accept tradition or will oppose tradition on principle. Not just traditions that are troublesome to the character, but traditions in general.
>>
>>54835963
>As right now you play a weird shuffle game with gear since not every....

This what pisses me off the most there not much of a reason to keep a lower level weapon outside a few cases.
>>54835981
Fair enough.
>>
>>54835210
Sounds like modern Western society, further proof that Chaotic Neutral is the best alignment as it's the alignment of scrappy young adults going against Mom and Dad.
>>
>>54835210
That is not how it works
Proteans and Axiomites fight violently over the universe
Every alignment has an agenda
Only way to not have an agenda is to have NO alignment. Weak true neutral rather than strong true neutral.
>>
>>54835995
Its basic damage is kinetic. But the crystals and plasma sheath probably caused that decision.
>>
>>54836105
Proteans and Axiomites are made out of pure elemental law and pure elemental chaos. They have no souls, and they aren't human.
That's like saying a demon is the same thing as a chaotic evil person. They are very much not even remotely the same.
>>
>>54836078

>This what pisses me off the most there not much of a reason to keep a lower level weapon outside a few cases.

That and with the irregular level ups you'll often find yourself going 'I want an axe, now I want a sword, now I'm back to an axe'. Which really feels weird. A character should be able to stick with an iconic weapon type without trouble.

Of you'll go 'Man, I really enjoyed using Stellar Cannons. Pity they DON'T EXIST past item level 15, so I'll need to swap to a flamethrower at 13...except they also stop existing at item level 18 so I'll need to swap to reaction cannons or X-guns at level 18 (Since level +2 can be found in big settlements).
>>
>>54836150
>Proteans and Axiomites are made out of pure elemental law and pure elemental chaos.
Literally fanon in regards to Pathfinder.
That was true in some 3.5 settings, but not in PF.
Here, they are composed of portions of their own plane.
The plane might be strongly tied to a particular alignment, but it's not "pure elemental chaos", etc.
>>
>>54836153
Why are you throwing away your iconic weapon because the alternative has one more dice than the iconic equivalent?
>>
>>54836205
Because muh ohpteemazhshun.
>>
>>54836183
Again, NOT HUMAN, WITH AGENDA. Taking something out of context does not an argument make.
>>
>>54836205

Because in the case of many weapons, they entirely cease to progress past some levels. God forbid you wanted to use Flame Pistols or Longarms. They don't exist past level 2.
>>
>>54836237
A lot of them are actually former mortals.
The gist of Pathfinder afterlife is that your soul goes to the relevant plane and is slowly molded into an outsider.
MOST of the time, this results in memory and personality loss.
HOWEVER, exceptions explicitly exist - particularly powerful creatures may retain their memory and personality from before death throughout the process.
There explicitly may be situations where a BBEG dies, his soul reaches the Abyss, due to being overpowering and very CE, he nearly instantly becomes a Balor, skipping all the road there, and retains memory and personality in the process.
There were even examples in lore of mortals instantly becoming Demon Lords this way upon death, all while remembering their past life.
>>
>>54836331
It's fucking annoying, too.

You want to use a semi-auto pistol? it stops at level 13. 4d6. Cryopikes don't exist past a pathetic-for-its-level 2d8 at level 12. The highest pike is level 15. There are no acid weapons at ALL past level 12...

Now for a question:

What, if any, is the value in a weapon that deals two different types of damage? Is there a reason I would want to do both cold and piercing when that means that all protections get to stack against the hit?
>>
>>54836331
>>54836532
It makes sense some tech to be obsolete when you reach a certain barrier
Like "oh no why isnt the bolt lock rifle equal to the assault rifle!"
COS ITS OBSOLETE TECH
>>
>>54836553

Yet Heavy Weapon Flame weapons keep going to level 18 while longarm versions stop at level 2. That's not really much of an excuse in most cases.
>>
>>54836571
Maybe because heavy weapons are exactly as it sounds? The only way you can get a better flame weapon is if you slap it on a fuckhuge gun?

That's like complaining about the lack of .50 cal assault rifles when they're practically the standard for HMGs.
>>
>>54836571
It is perfect reason to say "small flame weapons could never find a way to refine the flame" like heavy weapons did
Flame weapons feel like just burning away foliage or bugs anyway
>>
>>54836553
>>54836590

The issue there is that the starfinder guys are the guys inventing the fancy sci-fi weapons. There is no real reason other than 'Because we say so' for various weapons to become obsolete when STARKNIVES scale to level 20.
>>
>>54836598
Good thing the Swarm is a major antagonist and like 90% bug.
>>
>>54832142
>not so sure abut that.
The big problem with porting over an Oracle (or Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard, Arcanist, Witch, Shaman, or Psychic) is full spell progression in a game where the usual classes top out at 6th-level spells and magic is, on the whole, less common and less powerful. And it's not like the cleric/oracle spell list is a bad one at all.
>>
>>54836590
>>54836598

That's an in universe reason. I think they were talking about game design.
>>
>>54836620

>on the whole, less common and less powerful.

Seems to be more common but less powerful, considering how much cheap basic magic stuff there is. Sorta ebberon-like in that regard.
>>
>>54836628
design reason?
Flame weapons get line AoE which would make it superior in so many situations to normal single hitting guns
>>
>>54836553
some yes, some no. Problem here is that it's not "okay past this grade we swap the chem propulsion for some coils", but outright "this entire category and style of damage-dealing no longer is usable".

Flamethrowers are totally available 2-18 with increasingly capable power, but their rifle and pistol equivalents don't even go past level 2.

Crossbolters go to 18 technically... but there are NO heavy-weapon types below level 11, and NO regular types past level 8. In other words not only is the weapon itself rather unimpressive (10d10P, 60ft, 5 shots since it's 40 firing 8 arrows per shot, unwieldy) upgrading the weapon (it's crossbows and paizo, why am I not surprised) requires you to switch your specialization type entirely from longarms to heavy weapons.
>>
>>54836655
I do not think the idea ever was to make what kind of gun you use inside a gun category a character defining trait.
"I only use lightning pistols" is not supposed to be supported.
>>
>>54836670
so much for having a trusty blaster by your side, eh?

And then assholes like these two
>>54836228
>>54836205
Bitch because you switch out your flame pistol
>>
>>54836649

Plasma has line all the way to 20 for pistols.

Which is an odd thing, as flamethrowers are not line. They are Blast. Flame Pistols/Rifles are line however for some reason.

>>54836670

There are quite a few fictional groups that are shown as focusing on particular weapons above all others.
>>
>>54836655
The optional "ability quick picks" rule gives you three different stat arrays to choose from for your character. If you use one of these arrays, you ignore modifications to your ability scores from your class and theme, since they're already factored into by point buy value of the arrays. But doesn't that mean you can use the arrays to "cheat the system" a little bit if you want to play against your racial stereotypes? For example, if you want to play a vesk who forsook his peoples' culture and left to become a scientist on a research station, you could use one of the arrays so you can ignore the racial penalty vesk get to intelligence.

Would you let a player do this?
>>
>>54836702
but it's half E half F, so I guarantee once the bestiary is out that it'll be a whole lot of nothing down the line.

Pathfinder Angels for example will knock 20 points off that, turning an average 36 from a blue-star into ... 16.
>>
>>54836702
Well it is their fiction
Even Plasma pistols have huge gaps between levels which makes it fairly implausible to stick to plasma pistols only from beginning to the end
Hell, in SF they want to avoid the PF problem of "ok ill just focus on one weapon type ok cos I got like 4 feats that lock me to it"
You now have the freedom to without troubles using the whole gun selection
>>
>>54836641
I guess I meant more that spellcasting is less common and less powerful. 2/7 classes have spellcasting, while in Pathfinder 7/11 core classes have some spellcasting, and 4/11 have full spell progression.

If we extend that to all of the full player classes (but excluding the Antipaladin, Ninja, and Samurai since they're basically different versions of existing classes), we're looking at 25/36 with spellcasting, including 9/36 with full progression.
>>
>>54836731

Oh yeah, Plasma looks to be utter ratshit. The opposite of 4e where multi-element was god (As you took the lower)
>>
>>54836731
Why are you shooting an Angel associated with the Goddess of Plasma with a Plasma gun.
>>
>>54836707
... depends on my mood. Honestly as long as all the racial abilities come out balanced (maybe touhou up there should let the solarian rest in peace -we know it's dead- for a few hours and take a look) then, I don't really care anymore right now.

But at the very least either everyone arrays or nobody arrays. Whether it's the former or the latter... that would depend on how I feel when character creation starts.
>>
I think what this is teaching us is that Magnetar Rifles and Longswords are the new meta.
>>
>>54836749
Okay now justify why it's the exact same result with Daemons, and even WORSE for the followers of this supposed plasma goddess if they try to use that plasma against Demons (Immune and 10) or Devils (Immune to fire)
>>
What operative exploits are worth taking?
>>
>>54836792
cos pathfinder energy stuff is retarded leftover from old editions
>>
File: Drinking Problem.jpg (127KB, 1134x627px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Problem.jpg
127KB, 1134x627px
>>54836749
Plasma Goddess gonna start drinking when she sees the mechanics in there.
>>
>>54836763
Considering you're not really getting extra points out of doing something like that, since you're ignoring your racial penalty but also losing out on the bonus- I really don't see any reason not to let someone put their 18 from an array into the stat they would normally take a penalty to. It all balances out in the end. The real question is whether someone should be able to do it when everybody else is using point buy or rolling... and I'm not sure?
>>
>>54836834
>Sarenrae becomes an alcoholic
>>
>>54836763
>(maybe touhou up there should let the solarian rest in peace -we know it's dead- for a few hours and take a look)

He's already had issues with the rats as 'Halflings but worse'. As having cheek pouches that everyone knows about is not much of a racial feature.
>>
>>54836792
Because Daemons are black holes, and black holes are Evil and eat Plasma?

Gosh, it's like you didn't even play Dark Souls.
>>
>>54836854
Pretty sure Moxie is the bigger of the racial abilities
>>
>>54836868
All that means is plasma is overpriced and worthless.
>>
Can a vampire be a good ruler?
>>
>>54836873
Moxxi sure is big in some areas, quite front-loaded if you ask me.
>>
>>54836886
Just like fire in Pathfinder...?
>>
>>54836890
a rich, evil old predator who likes to suck the blood out of the innocent and uses a combination of mind-control and murder to get what he wants

You fucking tell me
>>
>>54836873

The halfling '+1 to every save' and 'Effective +7 to stealth checks when actually infiltrating' is a pretty good counterpoint to that though.
>>
>>54836904
worse actually; just like *plasma* in pathfinder!
>>
>>54836890
The eponymous vampire is feared by his subjects who live in abject poverty, you tell me.

Vampires are, by their nature, degenerate parasites that drown in decadence and wastrel excess. They're a criticism of the worst parts of nobility.
>>
>>54836923
Halfling might have an edge, but is also legacy race which makes it borderline case.
It is not big enough of a difference to go all doomsday over tho
>>
>>54836961

Speaking of Legacy Races: Elves are kinda in a shitty place. A racial feature that only matters if you play a spellcaster (And even then, it's situational) and no translation of their old weapon proficiency (While dwarves got it for advanced heavy weapons).

Unless you are going specifically for a Technomancer, elves seem kinda hard to justify over Androids.
>>
>>54836979

>Advanced Heavy

Doy, I meant Advanced Melee.
>>
>>54836979
dwarves dont get heavy weapons for free
>>
>>54836991

Yeah, I corrected myself >>54836988 Advanced Heavy also isn't a category, I got my wires good and crossed.
>>
File: 1453269436792.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453269436792.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>>54836979
>Elves are kinda in a shitty place

Not if you play an Elven Soldier!
>>
>>54832469
>>54830284
>20 Magic Trees
>>54811585
>Spheres of Power being the main form of magic
Maybe each tree is tied to a specific sphere, and damaging that tree unleases an appropriate catastrophe.
>>
What do you think of the design decision to remove rolling for HP when you level up? Now, every class just has a set number of hit points you gain for taking a level in that class. Was rolling for HP just a carry-over from older games that needed to die? Was the ability in Pathfinder to retrain your HP to compensate for bad rolls or house rules like "you get at least half your HD's max value as hit points even if you roll less" a reasonable compromise, or did it just not go far enough in your mind?
>>
>>54837045
Rolling was cancer and it being removed is a good riddance.
>>
>>54837045
I thought "half(round down) - 1"* if you don't roll higher as I've had in some games was a reasonable compromise. I do feel completely taking away yet another roll goes a bit far.

*If you had d10, 1-3 became a 4. still roll though.
>>
>>54837045
"thank god its over"
>>
>I am the very model of a modern homosexual,
>I'd even suck my own cock if I was quite so flexible,
>I've fucked some queens from England, and even some from Portugal,
>And from every other country from the arctic to the tropical;
>I'm very well acquainted with all faggots who fuck like animals,
>I've been to every party, both the clean and even bacchanal,
>I love to fuck a bull whose skin is covered with tattoos,
>Who'll leave my asshole leaking all his lovely creamy dripping ooze.

>My reputation's always going to called scandalous;
>With stories told of all the things I've hidden deep within my ass;
>In short, I'd suck my own cock, if I were quite so flexible,
>I am the very model of a modern homosexual.

>I've sucked the dick of furries dressed as a wolf or a fox;
>Because my standards go out the door when I see some juicy cocks,
>I hang around with girls doing make up so we're flawless,
>But I wince in terror everytime they speak of the clitoris;
>To me the smell of asshole's as fragrant as a summer's breeze,
>For it's just a part of my lover for my tongue to try and please!
>So I'll spread my asshole wide for everyone to pillage my backdoor,
>I don't care if every'ne knows me only as an anal whore.
>>
>>54837144
>So cover me in cum until it looks like I've been in a snow storm,
>Or rape my ass while I'm unconcious from a rag that's soaked in chloroform;
>In short, I'd suck my own cock, if I were quite so flexible,

>No one who has met me would ever call me masculine,
>My makeup makes me look like a tarty doll or mannequin,
>My boyfriends all adore me as I act as their filthy pet doormat,
>While those who hate me call me names like cuck or even democrat,
>I'll turn some heads and even make some guys commit adultery,
>With my implants bouncing in my ass (e'en if they feel quite rubbery),
>In short, there's no cure for my collossal faggotry,
>Or if there is it's a cage to put my ass in chastity.

>So you've heard my song of sex and lust and quite a bit of lechery,
>And tell me that it's so wrong it qualifies for perjery,
>But still, I'd suck my own cock, if I were quite so flexible,
>>
File: who are you quoting.jpg (298KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
who are you quoting.jpg
298KB, 900x900px
>>54837144
>>54837156
>>
Redpill me on Warpath Follower into Battle Templar, Roil Dancer into Mage Hunter, and Warsoul/High Psionics Soulknife or Pathwalker PsyWar into Awakened Blade
>>
>>54837045
I just give everything maxed HP. Monsters, PC's, Summons, everything.
>>
>>54837144
song's scheme dies on the 2nd line, doesn't even follow the original song

stopped reading, 0/10
>>
>>54837201
I've considered doing that sometimes. How did it go?
>>
Could a halfling survive in the Steppe?
>>
>>54837095
When I first started playing Pathfinder, the group I joined used the rule that you always get at least half the max value of your die. IE, if you get a d8 you gain no less than 4 HP (before adding CON mod). This rule was fine, and nobody in the group ever complained about it except in one instance where the level 5 Fighter had rolled min on every hit die he rolled.

But we also had Paizo's retraining rules at that point so I (who had become the group's DM by that point) let him train his HP up. That was an edge case of worst possible scenario too.

>>54837201
That works too, but personally I only give max HP to characters that are meant to be extra durable (typically just bosses the party will fight).
>>
>>54837144
wrong number of syllables, everything falls apart before the third line.

0 for effort.
>>
>>54837233
It went alright. I may consider reducing summons though since that is a pretty big buff in durability but most people don't bring summon spells/powers to the table anyway.
>>
I want to play a busty Human Xenoseeker looking to catalogue her escapades with every sapient race out there!
>>
>>54837386
Well you better get started soon. There are so many races in the galaxy.

Are you going to focus on the more human-like races early on and follow up with the bugs, lizards, and other, more inhuman races later? Or will you just take them as they come? Giggity
>>
Is it just me or is Priest a kinda shitty theme?

It's level 6 ability is exceptionally narrow (+2 to 2 social skills...only with members of your faith, who are already Friendly) and the level 12 is kinda pitiful to the point of actually being negatively useful a lot of the time. (A single 1st level spell per day and locking you out of one of the best feats in the game). In comparison level 6 features are 'Can always find a friendly NPC who is a fan of you + are very recognisable' and 'Can avoid punishment for basically any crime if you are willing to pay some dosh'.
>>
>>54837450
>To seek out new life, and play civilization....
>>
>>54835097
Can you even infuse solar weapons?
>>
Mythic campaign, player wants to be a shperecaster. As far as I know, there's nothing for mythic spherecasters. How screwed would he be?
>>
>>54837460
>Is it just me or is Priest a kinda shitty theme?

The mechanics aren't anything special, but then again I see Themes as a bonus more than anything.
>>
>>54837450
>Or will you just take them as they come?

This, of course! What if we go visit a race of dragon-like centaurs unique to a single planet? I can't just pass up that opportunity!
>>
>>54837536

Yeah, the level 12 is the bit that really struck me. As that is both really kinda shit and also locks you out of the 'If you are not a spellcaster, you get more resistance vs spells' feat, which is the closest the game has to a must-have feat.

I dunno, the Priest theme seems to have strong thematics but not much ability to actually back up those thematics. In comparison some of them (Xenoseeker's ability to pidgin any language, the Icon's ability to be super recognisable) really get a good link between fluff and rules.
>>
How different should the life of a Tiefling living in a farm, town, steppe, etc vs living in a city be?
>>
>>54837687
Depends on the country.
>>
>>54837687

One is abandoned in the forest the other in a ghetto.
>>
>>54837687

Depends heavily, heavily on the location and the tiefling's appearance. After all, tiefling are such a wide range of appearances that you can't really identify one on sight unless you are an expert. Some can look demonic, others fey, others just like half-elves.
>>
Is there any shotguns in Starfinder?
>>
>>54837729

Let's say one that has horns like a diadem, whose eyes sometimes seem to glow, and has a tail. Some of these traits may or may have not developed during the teen years.
>>
Cleric is out for the weekend and we go on adventure, 6th level group, the shops in our town only have items up to 500 gp, how do we deal with no healer in the team?
>>
>>54837729
>fter all, tiefling are such a wide range of appearances that you can't really identify one on sight unless you are an expert
This is pretty much not true unless you take the pass for human trait.
>>
>>54837774
>This is pretty much not true unless you take the pass for human trait.

You can identify they are weird looking but that massive table of appearance stuff means they are not really consistent enough to have a common appearance.
>>
>>54837785
You could still identify it as a tiefling something fiend related.

Cat's and Dogs have a wide variety of features too, that doesn't mean we assume a cat isn't a cat because it has stripes instead of spots or a Chihuahua isn't a dog because we've seen a Rottweiler.
>>
>>54837772
Stock up on potions.
>>
>>54837761
Yes.
>>
>>54837816

I'm not sure you can immediately. I mean the following three things are all valid tiefling appearances (With the appearance table):

>Canine Muzzle, Fur, Hyena Tail.
>Pointed Ears. Ram Horns
>Is Bald.

I'm not sure people will immediately clue 'Is bald' and 'Demonic blood' together.
>>
>>54837885
I've been calling out Tieflings in my workplace for being bald for quite some time, sir.
>>
>>54837885
Most tieflings probably have a bit more than "Is Bald" going on.

And no one uses the fucking appearance table, let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>54837904
I took other on it in every instance possible to be an unspeakable abomination once, but I've only seen others want to play children of succ
>>
>>54837825
Just checked up on it.
Damn, it's so shit.
I will just fluff shit up.
>>
File: 1502453557449.jpg (137KB, 601x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502453557449.jpg
137KB, 601x1000px
Q: what the fuck do chakras do?
>>
File: 1498663368502.png (153KB, 281x297px) Image search: [Google]
1498663368502.png
153KB, 281x297px
>>54837386
>>
We know what Eoxian ships look like, we know what Shirren ships look like, we know what Veskarium ships look like and we even know about the Kasathan.

Where my Azlanti Star Empire ships at?
>>
>>54838106
Produce Ki/Akashic Stuff.

It's pretty much just fluff.
>>
>>54838106

Supposedly, they serve as focal points of psychic energy in the "subtle body", composed of mind, intelligence, and ego, which in turn affect and control the physical body. According to Esoteric Buddhism, one may bring the "subtle winds" of the body into the central channel of chakras, realize the "clear light" of bliss and emptiness, and achieve Buddhahood.
>>
File: Aucturn.png (493KB, 1056x544px) Image search: [Google]
Aucturn.png
493KB, 1056x544px
Jesus Christ.
>>
File: goodman.jpg (41KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
goodman.jpg
41KB, 600x455px
How about some speculation on the whereabouts of Golarion?
>yfw a returned Aroden stole Golarion away to the deep Astral Plane to protect the world's population while he waged war on the aboleths
>>
>>54838300
Rovagug hatched from Golarion and Asmodeus somehow rewrote creation so he's gone.
>>
>>54838292
oh so there just happens to be a fucking terror plane in the starting star system?
>>
>>54838300
Its in a warp storm like how that shit with the tau went.

They'll be back in an AP and it would be up to date and shit.
>>
>>54838292

A planet impregnated by an Outer God and surrounded by space hulks. Definitely not the system's top vacation spot, that's for sure.
>>
>>54838300

>Pathfinder Society stole yet another fucking artifact
>Artifact blows up Golarion
>Rather than face the repercussions of their actions, they use another stolen artifact to wipe everyone's memories of the event
>The Gap is created
>>
Anyone have an editable version of the Starfinder character sheet?
>>
>>54838334
>>54838339

Want me to post the rest for Aucturn, or should I give you the information on other planets?

>Captcha: Booty Park
>>
File: Aucturn 2.png (331KB, 912x463px) Image search: [Google]
Aucturn 2.png
331KB, 912x463px
>>54838455
>>54838292
Here's the first part of Aucturn, by the way.
>>
File: Apostae.png (973KB, 2082x541px) Image search: [Google]
Apostae.png
973KB, 2082x541px
>>54838481
Apostae's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLrFxUbgjw
>>
>>54838582

So, it's a foreign planetoid, and at some point during the Gap, the natives went extinct, the drow set up shop, and became respected members of the Pact Worlds. Also, there's apparently a Stargate in their capital?
>>
Giant blighted old god fetus planet. Where is your god now?
>>
>>54838794
Probably impregnating another planet.
>>
>>54838792
"Respected" is a strong word. They run a workforce of orcs and half-orcs that is a slave empire in all but names where they forge new weapons. The weapons they make are the sole reason for their usefulness to the Pact Worlds, which is why no one is supposed to bombard them from orbit (which doesn't stop the elves of Castrovel from running covert operations to do it anyways).
>>
>>54838831
This is what happens when we take guardians of the galaxy 2 way too far.
>>
>>54838840

Given the Pact Worlds are at a constant war footing with the Swarm, having a member-state who can pump out weapons like mad is pretty useful, especially if they're by nature warlike bastards willing to commit war crimes.
>>
File: 1502289145104.pdf (782KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1502289145104.pdf
782KB, 1x1px
>>54838430
>>
What reasons could a vampire/whatever have to kidnap travelers and trap them in their mansion?
>>
File: mec_f01.jpg (150KB, 616x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mec_f01.jpg
150KB, 616x1000px
Which is better for a Mechanic, a drone or exocortex?
>>
>>54838792
The planetoid is also honeycombed with hyper-advanced ruins inhabited by techno-organic monstrosities jealously guarding technology almost approaching magic.
>>
>>54838950
Suck their dicks.

Blood too I guess.
>>
>>54838955

Drones are really, really good, but exocortex is also viable, despite what some people say.
>>
>>54839117
It's garbage! M Y A H!
>>
>>54838950
you're ignoring a fundamental thing here.

Who is the vampire? they're not just the template; what race are they? What class? what sort of experiences have they had in life? what's their social standing? How much money do they have? Does anybody know they're a vampire? If so, how likely are they to resort to blackmail?

There's a ton here you need to figure out, you can't just say "vampire"
>>
>>54838955

Drone is a hell of a lot better than Exocortex. The Exocortex suffers a lot from not really having a coherent theme. It gives a bit of a few things but not quite enough of any one thing.
>>
>>54838950
Vampire breastfeeding.
Biting soft breasts is wonderful.
>>
Oh god, Triaxus has a nation devoted to the second amendment.
>>
>>54839232

You are intruding upon my magical realm and I need you to stop

Don't stop
>>
>>54839276
Mahshallah pls
>>
>>54839276
>>54839283
Just PM already.
>>
>>54839276
https://imgur.com/a/XwDOl
Don't thank me.
>>
>>54837195
>WF - BT
Allows you to continue with your spellcasting and initiating at the same rate they always were, rather than splitting the difference between a separate divine caster and martial initiator
>RD - MH
CON-based spellcasting from the magus list with some specific anti-magic abilities, not bad overall
>WS or PW - AB
Psionics and initiating at the same time, same thing as the Battle Templar earlier
>>
>>54839283
>spoiler
I was actually the one that anon replied to, not that anon. You were off by 1.
>>
>>54837025
What kind of disaster would be appropriate to each Sphere tree's damage?
>>
What would everyone say the most and second most important starting feats for an operative are?
>>
>>54839337
Destruction causes an explosion, Death causes people to die, and Fate causes people to scratch their heads and ask 'what the hell does this tree do?'
>>
>>54839479

Well, apparently there's a continent almost entirely ruined by some great magical disaster that created the undead-maybe someone already fucked up the death tree.
>>
>>54839346
I'd say Weapon Focus and then maybe Mobility. There aren't really a lot of good feats.
>>
I am angry! Angry about full actions consuming swifts!
>>
File: 73c.png (249KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
73c.png
249KB, 320x320px
>>54839605
>>
>>54839605
You also can't guarded step and full attack
>>
Can someone make a new thread, we're on page 9. Preferably about building the /pfg/ setting.
>>
>>54839840
I think there is one.
>>
Since anon hasn't linked it here yet, here you guys go
>>54839642
>>54839642
>>54839642
>>
>>54839840
It would be better if you took that to a separate thread, rather than clutter serious discussions with your desire to fellate board celebs.
>>
>>54839840
I have already given up on the /pfg/ setting. Cooperative world-building is difficult in the first place, but then you got the personality cults running their agenda, and even if you get pass those I feel like the community here just has taste spread out enough that maintaining cohesive theme and tones would be impossible.
>>
>>54839337
Alteration: Devolution or Lycanthropy
Conjuration: Rifts opening allowing fiends, star-spawn, etc.
Creation: Sphere of Annihilation
Dark: Massive area of 'Hungry Darkness' except instead of Con damage, is Con burn.
Death: Undead plague
Destruction: spontaneous explosions
Divination: Entire area becomes a Dead Magic zone
Enhancement: Objects spontaneously animate and become hostile to other non-animated objects.
Fate: Entire area becomes a Wild Magic zone
Illusion: Deadly Illusions spontaneously form
Life: Natural and Magical Healing stop working
Light: Radiation sickness
Mind: People are plagued with suicidal thoughts
Nature: spontaneous Earthquakes, Tsunami, Rapid Forest/Jungle Growth, and Volcanoes.
Protection: All structures (buildings, walls, etc) crumble and erode.
Telekinesis: People are randomly bludgeoned or thrown in a random direction.
Time: People are randomly ejected from time, only to reappear with + or - 1d3 age categories.
War: People are plagued with homicidal thoughts
Weather: Weather severity 7 in multiple weather categories (changing every couple hours or days).
>>
>>54840009
Suddenly Golarion being as bad as it is makes a whole lot more sense, don't it?
>>
>>54840163
>Mind: People are plagued with suicidal thoughts
I have a better idea. How about a Nullthought/Amnesia zone? Where people's minds just waste away until they stop thinking all together?
>>
>>54838885
Negatives to INT don't work on that.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.