[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 56

File: American Knight.jpg (53KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
American Knight.jpg
53KB, 550x550px
(Inspired by the After The End mod for CK2)

Post-Apocalyptic settings are all the rage, but that shit's gay as fuck and is mostly just "yo I'm a survivalist eating beans out of cans."

ITT we talk about a truly apocalyptic setting where people have to literally rebuild their civilization -- worse than the collapse of the Roman Empire. It's been a few hundred years, some remnants of the Old World survived (like Mt. Rushmore) but they're seen as the remnants of Gods who came before. Myths of Old America have been passed down and warped over time. Castles, fortresses, and knightly battle cover eastern sea-board while competing hordes of "cowboys" and plainspeople roam the West.

In the old capitol, a cult has arisen, offering worship to a pantheon of Founders: Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton...
>>
Closest thing to this is the novel series Dies The Fire by S.M. Sterling. Aka The emberversve
>>
>>54750123
>In the old capitol, a cult has arisen, offering worship to a pantheon of Founders: Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton...
The Republicult?

No, if it were them, the Founders would be Reagan, Reagan, Reagan, and SupplySideJesus
>>
>>54750123
Reminds me of Bioshock Infinite, where like you said, the three founding fathers are seen almost like gods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg49QyNNdFY
>>
>>54750662
I suppose Franklin works instead of Hamilton.

>>54750630
>>54750123
Instead of Purity Seals like the Space Marines, knights of the "Old Republic" use wax to attach painstakingly preserved dollar bills to their armor.
>>
>>54750662
>the three founding fathers
There are more than three anon.
>>
File: Knights of the Old Republic.png (204KB, 439x304px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of the Old Republic.png
204KB, 439x304px
>>54750715
All of the other founders are lesser deities.
>>
>>54750687
Well, except those devoted to Jefferson.
>>
File: 1492415518600.jpg (41KB, 612x532px) Image search: [Google]
1492415518600.jpg
41KB, 612x532px
>>54750739
>All of the other founders are lesser deities.
>other founders are lesser
>lesser
>>
>>54750715
I know, I meant it as just mentioning those three cause you only see Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin in the vid. Can't recall too if Bioshock Infinite mentioned any other Founding Father.
>>
>>54750771
Yeah. Founder Hancock is of equal importance to Founder Washington.

COME ON.

Washington is like Jupiter. Hancock is like... the Roman God of Signatures. If such a thing existed. Some minor god, anyway.
>>
File: Minnesota Viking.jpg (96KB, 450x528px) Image search: [Google]
Minnesota Viking.jpg
96KB, 450x528px
First for Minnesota Vikings being actual Vikings and the Scandinavians reverting to some mongrelized version of Norse Paganism. And actually wearing horned helmets.

Also no Somalians.
>>
>>54750785
Well they didn't, but I thought Infinite was just the inspiration.
>>
>>54750793
I get what you're saying, but with the whole "all men are created equal" I think it's a bit two faced to officially have that stance.
>>
>>54750123
>Medieval America
Can there be a form of magic centered around patriotism?
>>
File: Minnesota.jpg (107KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
Minnesota.jpg
107KB, 1080x810px
>>54750835
>>
>>54750878
And the ongoing battle between federalists and anti-federalists.
>>
>>54750875
>all men are created equal
>blacks are only 3/5s of a citizen
>only white people of good character may become citizens

Also, the Roman Gods are all Gods, but some had more importance than others because they were part of more core facets of life. Mars, the God of War, was more important than the God of Fat Dicks you see all over Pompei.

>>54750878
I was thinking low fantasy - no magic. But they could THINK there is magic.

Also, in After the End, the "President" is the leader of the church, chosen by all of the "American" rulers voting, and the position is held for life.
>>
>>54750916
Hamiltonian and Jeffersonian heresies of the "American" Cult -- constantly threatening schism while the President tries to maintain order.

Meanwhile, the Libertarians demand to know why the Presidency has so much authority and why so much importance is placed on the Founders instead of Lady Liberty, clearly their inspiration -- and with a giant, fuck-off statue in Gotham.
>>
>>54750916
>And the ongoing battle between federalists and anti-federalists.
But of course.
>>54750925
>I was thinking low fantasy
That's cool, a high fantasy version would be fun to imagine but I'm alright with a low fantasy version too cause it could be more gritty.
>>
Founder Washington - Allfather of the Old Republic.

Founder Jefferson - God of Agriculture

Founder Hamilton - God of Commerce

Founder BenFranklin - God of Scholarship

Founder Madison - God of Literature/Poetry

Later Additions because they have big statues from the Old Republic and so must have been important:

Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt.
>>
File: 3711.jpg (457KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
3711.jpg
457KB, 612x792px
I've always wanted to play a game of Northern Crown. Not medieval, but it seems to be the best example of a fantasy American setting.
>>
>>54750925
>blacks are only 3/5s of a citizen
>only white men of good character may become citizens
Yeah, all men are created equal, you don't get extra privileges for existing.
>>
>>54751118
I like the idea of some American Indian savages coming to the fore -- what with the apocalypse probably wiping out urban centers with lots of white/black people.

But sure many black people would be left, desu, given where they tend to cluster.

>>54751149
My man.
>>
>>54751158
>I like the idea of some American Indian savages
I totally forgot the injuns.
Rangers should totally come back to deal with them.

Also are blacks orcs? Or just niggers?
>>
>>54751194
Blacks could just be people with black skin.
Like in real life.
>>
File: 1460779212855.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1460779212855.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>54751208
>Blacks could just be people with black skin.
>Like in real life.
>>
File: ohno.jpg (130KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.jpg
130KB, 500x332px
>>54751208
>>
>>54751194
Low fantasy. No orcs. Think Conan the Barbarian or (godforbid) Game of Thrones.

There might be some mutated monsters if we wanna crib a bit from Fallout, though.

I was saying that there'd be few blacks because in most apocalypses, urban centers are crushed (and I was imagining a nuclear apocalypse, 'cause I'm unoriginal). But I guess there's enough black people in the southern Black Belt that there could be some blacks.

In After the End, Dixie has been united into the Holy Columbian Confederacy, modeled after the HRE. Weirdly enough, it allows black rulers.
>>
>>54751208
>Like in real life
There's a reason why fallout games have never been in new orleans. That reason is because the nukes would make it better.
>>
>>54751336
>Low fantasy.
Ah, I see. So we're probably looking at some serious segregation which has a lot of opportunity for diverse negro communes.
>>
>>54750123
The reason why the end happened in the first place is because when the vietnam war came and the US couldn't fund the war with gold-backed dollars, the US congress decided to replace their gold-backed currency with a uranium-backed one.
>>
>>54751383
>immediately regress into tribal society before the apocalypse has even finished
>enslaved by Dixie YET AGAIN
>slaves turn out not to be such an economic shot in the foot during a medieval period

"Old Republic" Lincolnites constantly advocating holy wars with the kingdoms of the South. South rejects Americanism because "too much Lincoln" and too much "all created equal" and also because the South was already more religion -- remains Southern Baptist/Evangelical.
>>
>>54751571
>Lincolnites
I heard a rumor that Lincoln would have deported the negros had he lived long enough, the most probable proposals I've heard were sending them to Liberia and hiring them to work on the Panama canal and then denying them return visas. Hilarious if true.
>>
>>54750890
>>54750835
MINNESOTA VIKINGS DOMINATE THE GREAT LAKES
>>
File: Buffalo_Bills_logo.svg.png (76KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Buffalo_Bills_logo.svg.png
76KB, 1280x853px
>>54751688
See you on the field, the cakes going to be delicious this year!

Also is the rust belt industrial again in this setting?
>>
>>54750123
I've been toying with the idea that Conan the Barbarian was historically accurate, and that world-shattering cataclysms happen every 30,000 years or so. After the next one, the maps have changed as continents shift, fall, and rise. Most of the Eastern US is island chains, while the pacific ocean is now a vast desert continent hemmed in by the Rocky Mnts to the east, and the Hawaiian Mnts to the west.

A land where man is no longer unquestioned at the top of the food chain, and his grasp on civilization has loosened. A world of wonders and horrors undreamt, where a single man, a raver, a reaver, a barbarian, a pirate, a leader can strive against fate and ultimately grind the jeweled thrones of the world beneath his sandaled feet.
>>
>>54750123
>After The End mod for CK2
where the fuck can I download that?
>>
>>54751110
Like the Caesars/The Imperial Cult, or Tiber Septim and the Nine Divines kind of interpretation would be interesting.
>>
>>54751830
In this setting, we're still at medieval tech. I say that "The Bombs" or "The Fire" or <Insert X Apocalypse> probably didn't focus on the Rust Belt too much because it's no longer strategically important.

As a result, you have the hulking monstrosities of some old factories still surviving and becoming centers of worship. To the Rust Cultists, Old America was not great because of The Founders, but because of this mighty temples to Iron and Steel.

The decaying artifacts of Old America become mega temples for this new pagan faith.

>>54751905
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h7m38gkyj2p0hv0/After+the+End+0.9.zip

It's not perfect. They make some weird choices I'm totally not down with. For example, somehow Jamaican Rastafarians establish an Empire spanning the entire Caribbean (thankfully, it almost always falls apart in the early years -- largely as a result of the Founder-worshiping descendants of American Marines at Gitmo). Also, the Amish establish two major kingdoms spanning Pennsylvania and New York. And finally, New England is run by literal H.P. Lovecraft and Steven King worshiping "Occultists" who think the books are real. That's the most stupid.
>>
>>54751336
>In After the End, Dixie has been united into the Holy Columbian Confederacy, modeled after the HRE. Weirdly enough, it allows black rulers.

Makes some kind of sense if you think of the Whites as Catholics and the Blacks as Protestants.
>>
>>54751964
>>54751830
The Rust Belt will be known for its blacksmiths and metalworking. Minnesota Vikings come to Michigan looking for fabled swords.
>>
>>54751964
just gotta have to purge the heretic, brother.
Gonna be...fun... to see if I can get this to work
>>
>>54751967
>rust belt
>romeme catholic
Lolno. The rust belt is baptist.
>>
>>54752027
Surely, you mean Lutheran.
>>
>Andrew Jackson, lesser God of Battle
>>
>>54752082
And the number 20.

Knights of the Old Republic running into battle with 20s glued to their cuirasses
>>
>>54752070
No, I actually don't mean Lutheran.
>>
>>54751964
>>54751988
The rust belt will also likely be known for it's sailors.
>>
>>54752132
I'll be damned.
>>
>>54752132
Mormon Kingdom of Deseret in Utah.

(cheeky Caesar's Legion in Arizona, amirite?)
>>54752160
Ynaut both?
>>
>>54752027
>>54752132
The rust belt is catholic,with some Methodists, just look at the picture.
>>
>>54752187
>Ynaut both?
That is why I said also.
>>
>>54750955
I want to steal this so bad and run a campaign where the PCs are the pawns of a secret society of libertarians.
>>
>>54752185
I don't think so, but I don't know you well enough to say.
>>54752187
Arizonians would either be fond of fortresses and gunsmiths(basically dwarves) or deadly ambushing nomads who make the viet cong look like amateurs. Since the rust belt is already established to be heavy into metalworking, I'd say the latter.
>>
File: HaramBae.jpg (39KB, 480x526px) Image search: [Google]
HaramBae.jpg
39KB, 480x526px
>>54752027
>Rustbelt, when we're talking about Dixie.
You're an idiot, and the mention of Catholic and Protestant was about HRE religious politics from 1517 on.
>>
>>54752290
Fallout's Children of Atom centered on Los Alamos.

Texas is a land of many warring kingdoms, centered around college football teams. Fiefdoms within them are competitive with many rivalries... based on high school football teams. (Direct steal from After The End, where the Realm of the Longhorn fights the Kingdom of the Aggies).

Dakotas, Montana, etc. dominated by Injun and Whiteman steppe nomads.

California is... what? Does White Nationalist Cascadia ever come to pass?
>>
>>54752438
California is a fucking desert dude. Once the Hoover dam goes everyone there pretty much starves to death if they don't die of thirst or violence first.
>>
>>54752510
state of Jefferson?

Northern Cali isn't that fucked.
>>
Should the Jefferson Pantheon and the Lincoln Parthenon still survive? The Washington Obelisk? Or just the foundations of these?
>>
>>54752438
>California is... what?
The silicon valley has transformed into the silicon pit. A cabal of cyborg masters keep the slave populace of california stupid through strict control of chemical-laced water, chemtrails, heavy doses of propaganda, and really stupid sitcoms that have subliminal messages in them to fool you into thinking it's funny(BAZINGA). There are underground judge dredd-esque megacities where the majority of the people live, toiling forever for the gold, silicon, and oil to keep their machine god(really their enslavers) fed. The cyborgs control the people in the megacities through propaganda, and the farmers through holding their family hostage.
Speaking of big states, what happened to Alaska?
>>
File: 1411511864200.png (146KB, 375x424px) Image search: [Google]
1411511864200.png
146KB, 375x424px
>>54750875
>but with the whole "all men are created equal"
Which was written in the Declaration of Independence. Not the Constitution, nor any other fucking document with legal power that could be appealed in any court of law. The "all men are created equal" statement, on context, means a denial of the elevated stance of the monarch and nobility of England. It means that the commoners of America adress the nobility of England as their equals, not their superiors, when telling them to fuck off. Not that they're suddenly a tolerant rainbow where everyone is the same.

One explanation for this discrepancy between a documant with zero legal power within America's internal legal order and the reaility at the time is that the Americans at the time really meant it in a different way and that only very recently the sentence's significance has been corrupted to fit a certain agenda. The other is that the Founding Fathers were fucking morons who wouldn't recognize hypocrisy if it punched them in the face for two days straight. Which is more likely? Because I'm fairly certain such morons couldn't write the Federalist Papers.
>>
New england has been over run by bostonians and are at a constant state of war with the free city of neo new york
>>
>>54752801
>the Founding Fathers were fucking morons who wouldn't recognize hypocrisy if it punched them in the face for two days straight

Half of them kept slaves when they declared themselves equal to the monarchy.
>>
>>54752736
Not really... medieval.
>>
File: 1431193278840.png (138KB, 522x356px) Image search: [Google]
1431193278840.png
138KB, 522x356px
>>54752801
Nigga did you just try to educate me on a subject in which I already hold a firm understanding in a tone of rightious indignation?
>>
>>54752894
The silicon valley has always lauded as the "most advanced" part of the USA, hasn't it? I think it does fit the medieval theme, just replace the word witch with cyborg.
>>
>>54752853
>free city of neo new york
You are implying they've been removed from the rest of the state, yes?
>>
>>54752925
>The silicon valley has always lauded as the "most advanced" part of the USA, hasn't it?
Perhaps by liberal urbanites.
>>
>>54752801
The jefferson/ madison cult would see the declaration of independence as what the gods would want
The hamilton/adams cult would see the constitution as the holy decree as how the government should rule
The cult of washington is the thing that keeps the whole religion from falling apart
>>
>>54752801
You don't get to claim the righteous high ground and still apply double speak, anon.
And your post proves why measuring the American legal system by it's founding documents without adjusting for the times and how they apply for the best good is a shit show.
>>
>>54752972
Instead of "cult" the Jeffersonians and Hamiltonians should be competing camps within the Church of the Founders. Could develop into full-blown heresies later.
>>
>>54752883
And none of them attempted to abolish slavery. Your point?

>>54752914
Your post gave the impression that you didn't. If you did then I'm sorry. The post above yours does show that the mythical nature that phrase has gotten over the centuries is particularly harsh though.

>>54752975
>And your post proves why measuring the American legal system by it's founding documents without adjusting for the times and how they apply for the best good is a shit show.
I actually agree, which is why America should stop treating that phrase like something it is not, and instead simply refer ot the amendment that abolished slavery or some other actually egalitarian legal document. But that doesn't have the same authority of the constitution (which a lot of people think is the origin of that phrase), so why let facts get in the way of a good story?
>>
>>54752975
>all men equal
>best good

Sounds like a good way to get your country overrun by shitpeople.
>>
>>54752967
I know, that's why I like the irony of it being the most awful place to live in the entire US. Which it sort of is already, but I'm not here to start a politcal foodfight by butthurt democunts or republicraps.
>>
>>54752975
>And your post proves why measuring the American legal system by it's founding documents without adjusting for the times and how they apply for the best good is a shit show.
I disagree.
However these documents were created to be amended under the very conditions you have described. Ultimately I find that in doing so people lose understanding with the meaning of these documents and the context under which they were created. If only the Framers could have explained it in more childish terms, but then again they couldn't agree on a lot of things. Which is exactly what they intended. Well they intended a lot of things which were changed to be "adjusted to the times" Whether to benefit or hindrance is up for debate.
>>
>>54753018
>Your post gave the impression that you didn't. If you did then I'm sorry. The post above yours does show that the mythical nature that phrase has gotten over the centuries is particularly harsh though.
Apology accepted. However it is likely in setting that there will be just as much if not more debate over the same things.
>>
The South is briefly united by the Kingdom of Dixie before devolving into infighting and wars. The South bands together as the "Confederacy of Southern States" in the face of outside invasion (most of the time) but generally is pre-occupied with infighting and various Princes and Dukes trying to claim the Royal Title of Dixie, as well as the prestige of owning certain cities like Richmond.

King of the Twin Carolinas

King of the Gulf (really just southern Alabama/Northern Florida)

Lord of the Old Dominion (Virginia)

Prince-Mayor of the Free City of Atlanta

Duke of Magnolia - Mississippi

Royale of Louisiana

Lord-Mayor of the Free City of New Orleans.

Any other regions need a king?
>>
>>54752944
The new york got blown the fuck out by the nukes
Neo new york is a city founded by the survivers of new york is futher northof the actual state(may cross into maine) but the city itself has controls a large amount of land
>>
File: 1471573755258.jpg (394KB, 1186x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1471573755258.jpg
394KB, 1186x1021px
>>54751571
>KKK paladins when
>>
>>54753170
Wait, that picture doesn't make sense. Rome fell a long time before the US was a glint in Columbus' eyes.
>>
>>54753164
>The new york got blown the fuck out by the nukes
What a wonderful fantasy.
>but the city itself has controls a large amount of land
Wait, how?
>>
>>54753189
I think it has something to do with Catholics.
>>
>>54753170
That's why Atlanta and New Orleans are "Free Cities" (i.e. run by blacks)

New Orleans is more a city of boathouses, though, with specially trained divers trying to recover some of the lost treasures hidden by layers and layers of sediment. Usually eaten by gators.
>>
>York
>New York
>Neo New York
>Nouveau Neo New York
>Rebuilt Nouveau Neo New York
>Improved Rebuilt Nouveau Neo New York
>Improved Rebuilt Nouveau Neo New York 2.0
How far can we take it, lads?
>>
File: 1471636324892.jpg (671KB, 1920x1297px) Image search: [Google]
1471636324892.jpg
671KB, 1920x1297px
>>54753189
it's talking about catholic/papist influence in USA, amplified by catholic immigrants from Europe
>>
>>54753190
Venicean style jewery
>>
>>54753284
Fitting.
>>
After The End has a new Pope in St. Louis as the new center of Catholicism after assuming the old pope in Rome (and Rome itself) disappeared with the apocalypse.
>>
>>54753257
In the far future of the 40th century, there is only york.
>>
>>54753257
The eternal jew.
>york
>>
>>54753259
Oh cool, Buffalo.
>>
>>54753156
Gubernator of Kalyforniah
>>
>>54753514
I was talking about the south. lol

Coastal California is briefly united by a Peace and Love hippy dippy realm... and immediately invaded and crushed by people beyond the Mountains.
>>
File: __57.jpg (701KB, 1600x1418px) Image search: [Google]
__57.jpg
701KB, 1600x1418px
>>54751194
>forgot

We're still here. Everyone always forgets we exist. Makes it easy to ignore things like human rights, and fair treatment under the law. You know - the things everyone else in this country gets like freedom of religion, which for us has been illegal and punishable by federal imprisonment until fairly recently (1978).
>>
>>54753541
Forgive me, I am not super familiar with the geography of the US and I did not read too carefully.
>>
>>54753555
That picture has a fundamental misunderstanding of what mount rushmore is
>>
>>54753723
In what way? the natives thought it was a holy mountain and you 'murricans made it into a focus for your leadercult.
>>
>>54753759
The origin of the word holy is english. They did not think the mountain was holy.
>>
>>54750630
The Lord helps those who help themselves up by their own bootstraps to lower taxes and rid themselves of onerous government regulation, amen.
>>
It's kind of difficult to buy into the whole "land of the free" concept when your home which was literally free for thousands of years gets invaded. When your people are stabbed in the back by two-faced, lying, murderous presidents and cruelly subjugated by foreigners with child-like greed.

I guess it's just easier to forget about us and pretend we don't exist. But we do.

We haven't forgotten what "America" really means.

Political diatribe aside Native American nations really have a wide variety of colorful myths and legends to draw from for /tg/ purposes. Like monsters (bohpoli, deer woman, underwater panther, skinwalkers), Herculean trickster-heroes, deities and demigods, legendary weapons, etc etc.
>>
>>54753863
The Lakota Sioux did consider it very holy. They buried their dead there. The mountain was called "Six Grandfathers" before it was illegally stolen by the united states government. Recently the US Supreme Court has ruled that the land was taken illegally, and offered millions of dollars in reparation. The Lakota Sioux refused one cent of it.
>>
Cowboy hordes roaming the west and midwest plains when
>>
File: mount-rushmore-before.jpg (47KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
mount-rushmore-before.jpg
47KB, 600x488px
>>54753863
>>
>>54753555
Curse your ancestors for being savages who couldn't accept defeat
>>
File: Richard_Hook_Myth15.jpg (123KB, 740x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Hook_Myth15.jpg
123KB, 740x1000px
>>
>>54753555
so you have freedom of religion now? good. now you can stop complaining about it. forever. time moves in one direction only.
>>
>>54753908
I mean the natives do have mini nations within USA borders
The USA is only called america because it's the only american nation that matters
And the natives would have a great effect of the mid west(those seperated from the west and east by the mountain ranges)
>>54753759
The picture seems to think the menon the mountain are founding fathers
They aren't
>>
>>54753555
Quit your bitching and be thankful your lot wasn't exterminated, The only other conquered people who throw a more passive aggressive fit than an injun is the Irish I swear.
>>
>>54753966
I bet you're a Nazi-sympathizer too.
>"so there's no more gas chambers now? good. now you can stop complaining about it."

moron.
>>
>>54753908
you don't get to go on a political diatribe and then shove in a little "ps, politics aside" bit.

every civilization ever has been built on some type of fucked up shit happening to someone. stop holding people to day accountable for the actions of others who've been dead for centuries and just live your life.

if you have been the victim of some form of racially based violence or mistreatment, we have laws against that shit now, so I encourage you to contact the police. if you haven't been the direct, physical victim of some form of mistreatment, fuck off, no one cares about your inability to reconcile your entire family's victim complex.
>>
>>54753996
>passive aggressive
Nigga the Irish aren't fucking passive about it. They still bomb people
>>
File: image.gif (9KB, 471x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
9KB, 471x199px
>>54752132
The safest route for traders working the pacific/Atlantic is through the Deseret league controlled Rocky Mountains. Rates are reasonable but constant, angering many traders. But seeing as the only other option is through raider desert country most pay the tolls.

Every once in a while a trader leaves the caravans, thinking he can make their way through the mountains on their own. But they quickly find hundreds of false trails and dead ends marked by signs in an odd script. Trespassers often hear whistling through the canyons before passing out.
>>
>>54753908
All I hear is the descendant of a stone age savage crying about how his inferior ancestors were conquered and now whines about it to anyone who will listen whilst receiving benefits from the people whom have been dubbed "oppressors".
>>
>>54753932
>before it was illegally stolen by the united states government
Read conquered and payed for in full via the iron price.
>>
>>54753999
the way you conjured a random, non-applicable identity out of nowhere and projected it onto me so you'd have something to attack draws attention to your lack of an actual argument or refutation.

people should only feel guilty for things they have personally chosen to do. just like its wrong to treat people differently based on race, its wrong to treat people differently based on the actions of people who came before they were born; you don't get to judge people for things which they are not personally responsible for, and you don't get to judge people for accidents of birth.
>>
>>54753937
High noon soon partner.
>>
>>54754007
>>54753996
LMAO like I said. It's easier on your conscience to ignore our existence than to come to terms with the fact that the United States still subjugates and oppresses Native people. I understand you might not be directly responsible for the oppression of other people, but supporting a regime that willfully ignores the struggles of its original inhabitants is excusable only by ignorance.

You know the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) is a thing right? We're the only people that our very own branch of the federal government named after us. And you know what their job is? To make sure nothing ever gets done about Indian affairs we we can continue to be ignored.
>>
File: 1483613758370.jpg (152KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483613758370.jpg
152KB, 700x700px
>>54753555
>>54753908
>>54753932
>>54753996
>>54753999
>>54754043
>>54754064
Get a room you guys. You want to discuss politics, do it outside of the traditional gaming board.
>>
>>54754013
Yeah but they're Irish and they aren't very good at it.
>>
>>54754078
>LMAO like I said. It's easier on your conscience to ignore our existence than to come to terms with the fact that the United States still subjugates and oppresses Native people.
You mean Indians, I'm native, if you change that then the treaties are null and void. Also I'm disappointed we don't subjugate you more.
>but supporting a regime that willfully ignores the struggles of its original inhabitants is excusable only by ignorance
Ignore? I encourage it.
>You know the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) is a thing right? We're the only people that our very own branch of the federal government named after us. And you know what their job is? To make sure nothing ever gets done about Indian affairs we we can continue to be ignored.
Looks like I have another organization to donate to.
>>
>>54754079
i agree. if people want to bring up shit that happened to a bunch of dead fucks, and try to guilt trip people who were born in the fucking 90s for it, they shouldn't do it by derailing a /tg/ thread.
>>
>>54754079
I'M ANGRY!
ANGRY ABOUT INJUNS!
>>
>>54754170
Then channel that anger into something that has to do with the setting we're creating, instead of shitting up the thread.
>>
File: michigan militia.jpg (79KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
michigan militia.jpg
79KB, 350x232px
Does this post apocalyptic America still have some amount of guns? or are we running on total fantasy and pretending they ALL got destroyed?
>>
>>54754210
Ok then, what about all the military bases we have around the world, should there be a bit about their progeny trying to make their way back?
>>
File: standing_rock_police-brutality.jpg (78KB, 527x351px) Image search: [Google]
standing_rock_police-brutality.jpg
78KB, 527x351px
>>54754158
>>54754043

>implying it was a thing of the past
Pipelines get re-routed around white farming towns. No such consideration for Indian people. It would be enough just to be treated equally under the law with justice and liberty.
>>
>>54754298
That wasn't even their land!
>>
>>54754298
maybe you'd be more completely treated equal if you had any interest in being a part of the modern nation states, instead of constantly calling for them to fucking collapse, or 'decolonize' or for you to have some sort of ethno state.
>>
>>54754328
They demand this as an extreme minority no less!
>>
>>54754328
Have you ever seen a Native American restaurant?

Sure there's Chinese restaurants a plenty, and Mexican restaurants on every corner. Greasy burger joints abound. But not a single Native restaurant. You know why that is? The impact of colonization.

It's hard to regroup and have something nice like a neighborhood, or a community church, or a restaurant in the aftermath of genocide. What I would give to pick up some takeout pashofa with some bison jerky and a side of three sisters salad.
>>
Where does my boy aj fit into this
>>
Guys I'm so sorry. I derailed this thread.
I'm gonna make a /pol/ thread.
I honestly didn't mean to start this discussion here.
Repressed frustration or something.
>>
File: IMG_4013.jpg (48KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4013.jpg
48KB, 334x250px
>>54754410
>>
>>54754387
>Have you ever seen a Native American restaurant?
Yes.
>a community church
Yes.
>a nice community
This is because Indians are largely drunk and belligerent.
>>
>>54754387
Then Make the restaurant yourself
>>
>>54754387
There was a native american food truck here in Chicago for a bit.

It was great. Wilde rice, cranberries, field meat, different things made from squashes and pumpkins. I loved it.
>>
>>54754410
>>54754436
The perfect addition.
>>
>>54754440
What? Where? Do you live in Canada?

>>54754449
Yeah I heard about that guy. The Sioux Chef. Wish he would come to the south. Bible belt racism can really get to a man after a while.
>>
File: adventuring party.jpg (166KB, 736x1038px) Image search: [Google]
adventuring party.jpg
166KB, 736x1038px
Anyway the actual reason I came to this thread:
Medieval America.
>>
>>54754471
>What? Where? Do you live in Canada?
Close. Upstate NY.
>>
>>
>>54754517
We're looking for medieval, not stone age.
>>
File: STICKBALL.jpg (205KB, 987x794px) Image search: [Google]
STICKBALL.jpg
205KB, 987x794px
Medieval American passtime.

>>54754540

me·di·e·val
ˌmed(ē)ˈēvəl,ˌmēd(ē)ˈēvəl/Submit
adjective
relating to the Middle Ages.

>In the history of Europe, the Middle Ages or Medieval Period lasted from the 5th to the 15th century.
>>
>>54754561
Alright got me there, fair's fair.
>>
File: vietnam knights.jpg (333KB, 1564x1836px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam knights.jpg
333KB, 1564x1836px
>>54754256
There's an idea.
>>54754410
His followers kill the banks.
>>54754250
Guns have been hanging around America since before America established independence from the British. I say we should keep them, with peasants having centuries old bolt actions, lever actions, and pump actions, while knights and lords(if it's even a fitting idea to have those in this setting, America has never had either of those) have seriously heavy weapons like rocket launchers, artillery, tanks, mortars, basically every lord has enough firepower to level the city or cities they rule into dust. Man, this is hard. It's hard to portray the USA as weak if they are truly united, because the US is the single most powerful, prosperous, geographically secure, militarily and economically strong nation in the world. No other country comes close. And America was made as strong as it is because Americans were willing to work together, trust each other, live honestly and earnestly, and were just generally good christians and great people who were sick to death of their former government. If we want to make this setting interesting at all, each state would have to hate the guts out of each other. But that's uninteresting too, because that's just eternal war.

Okay, everybody respond to this post and tell me what your state is like and what you would do if you ruled it. It's the only way we can accurately and quickly flesh this setting out.
>>
>>54753908
>"America" really means.
That place named after Amerigo Vespucci, a european guy?
>>
Why must you guys always shit up good threads
>>
File: anasazi city.jpg (212KB, 1066x749px) Image search: [Google]
anasazi city.jpg
212KB, 1066x749px
>>
>>54754590
>while knights and lords(if it's even a fitting idea to have those in this setting, America has never had either of those)
I had an idea like this, they had ballistic plate and pistols were treated like swords whilst rifles were treated like lances.
>>
File: cahokia.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cahokia.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: cahokia2.jpg (246KB, 1314x446px) Image search: [Google]
cahokia2.jpg
246KB, 1314x446px
>>
Deer Woman, like the Greek Siren.

Lures you back to the forest away from the camp with her beauty. Then stomps your skull in with her hooves.
>>
medieval american full plate
>>
File: fullplate.jpg (51KB, 467x650px) Image search: [Google]
fullplate.jpg
51KB, 467x650px
>>54754719
forgot pic.
>>
File: american cryptids.jpg (155KB, 990x816px) Image search: [Google]
american cryptids.jpg
155KB, 990x816px
No fantasy setting is complete without monsters for heroes to slay.
>>
>>54754699

Do we get to tap that before she kills us?
>>
File: 17836.jpg (74KB, 261x330px) Image search: [Google]
17836.jpg
74KB, 261x330px
>>54754027
The isolated Deseret communities near southern raider territory are protected by an organization named the Knights of Rockwell. Rumored to be impervious to bullets they actually have access to effective armor to wear under their clothing and solve most issues by talking.
>>
>>54754801

>>54754826
Hah doubtful. GM discretion I guess. Her role in traditional stories is to scare young men into staying faithful and discouraging lust as a vice.
>>
>>54754590
Florida
>part of the holy southern confederacy
>doesn't produce as much grain as the rest
>very distinct culture in all regions
>northern flordia is apart of the kingdom of the gulf
>most culturaly distinctive culture out of any kingdom because of louisana
>central flordia falls under the duchy or orland ruled by the duke disney
>due to the nature of disneys ancestory they produce the most scribes and famous novels in the south
>southern florida is the kingdom of the keys and swamp
> deals with major problems with pirates
>also how they trade with the mexican and central american nations
>important but not as important as the carolinas or georgia
>>
>>54751964
Personally, I prefer to view the Occultism as more of a result of neopaganism and primitivism after the cataclysm.

Places like Salem becoming hotbeds of new new age witches, rituals performed to anything that will listen. They're like a religion formed of all those horror movie isolated towns with freaky traditions. Wicker man meets children of the corn.
>>
File: balkanus.gif (50KB, 871x569px) Image search: [Google]
balkanus.gif
50KB, 871x569px
>>54754590
The Roman Empire was the single most united power, until it fell.
There are always regional differences to care about. Things won't be formed on perfect state lines after an apocalypse. You're more likely to have Acadiana than Louisiana.
>>
>>54753156
Kingdom of Cumberland (East Tennessee/Appalachia regions in Kentucky and Carolina)
Duke of Ozark (Arkansas/Missouri)
>>
>>54754471
>The Sioux Chef

Fuck that's clever
>>
Related, SM Stirling has been writing for some time now a book series known as the "Emberverse" where all technology stops in the late 90's and America, after a heck of alot of people die, reverts to feudal societies, with a couple of twists.

To be honest, he's not the best writer, but put alot of effort into the world building (aside from the Mary-Sue kingdoms of the pacific northwest). Here's some of his best :

Fuedal lords are known as Sheriffs, and knights are deputies.

The weapon of choice for most is a Chete, a cut down machete.

Bicycles are a surprisingly useful tool of war.
>>
>>54755339
Just imagine bicycle, motorbike and car cavalry with the lances, armor, and all
>>
>>54755347
well, nothing with an engine works, but there's blimps.
>>
>>54755347
>>54755339
The Japanese made extensive use of bicycles in the Singapore campaign to outmaneuver the British. As it turns out lightweight bikes still more than double the moving pace of infantry battalions across many terrain types.
>>
Of course, with the importance of guns, whether rare or legendary, comes the risk of Coltists.

Is it not said that while God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal?

When the Mexicans came to take our guns, was it not he who drove them back with the sacred words: "Molon Labe"?

Is he not judge, jury, and executioner? The liberator, the living god?
>>
File: 1467603526934.png (131KB, 247x296px) Image search: [Google]
1467603526934.png
131KB, 247x296px
>>54755186
I feel like this map drastically underestimates how quickly Deseret could safely repopulate. Especially since most wars that would ravage the US would leave the rockies alone.
>>
>>54753908

Look, just because you lost the murder-fight doesn't mean you should spend the rest of forever complaining about it. Maybe you could focus on your current position, and.... do something with it? You remind me of the natives in Canada who are so fucking corrupt they go through the money the government gives them to run their fucking towns in three months, demand more money, then baulk when inspectors ask to look at their books.

Not that they look anymore, what with the Cuck In Chief.
>>
>>54755562
That map was just a "what if a bunch of secession attempts succeeded"
After a cataclysm, they'd certainly be different.
>>
>>54754298

>police brutality
>still image of a woman having something that could be used as a weapon taken from her
>woman is visibly resisting

uh-huh.

Oh, also, since you're so concerned about standing rock and damage to the community- how'd those valiant protesters do at cleaning up after themselves.

Wild fires?

Wild fires.
>>
>>54754699

if you're gonna do that might as well go all in and include the centaur rape gangs.
>>
>>54755466
I could see some cowboy cult in the midwest thinking this
>mexico tries to invade
>cowboys and natives team up in a once in alife time main event to beat back mexico
>>
>>54753555
Like you even deserve to be here. You accomplished nothing and your cultures are dogshit. I'm only including you in the setting because it would add some non-Norse barbarian savages to the mix.
>>
>>54754914
or
>Despite being a land with crushing snakes, gators and crocks with wild panthers becoming more of a menace, the mouse reigns supreme
>For he is not just a standard mouse, his large black ears set him apart from all lesser beasts and into the realm of godhood
>His followers have proven themselves not solely posessing great strength, but equal cunning as well.
>princesses, superhuman demigods and magical beasts of the old world would bow to the mouse.
>The great Warrior walton seeks to unite the people of the flat wetlands and coasts under the mouse
>Walton is destined to unite the people of this flat and flowery wetland, and rebuild the magical kingdom that was built hundreds of years ago when men walked in the stars.
>>
>>54750687
>preserved dollar bills to their armor.
your missing the point. those are deeds to land. Money is worthless if you don't own land.
But i could see corporate logos, claiming old towers as fortresses.
>>
>>54753908
Nobody gives a shit about you savage fucks.

>literally free

You guys invaded and enslaved and fought each other for territory and religion just like the rest of us. You were just shitty at it so you lost. This is either the musings of some alcoholic idiot injun or bait. Probably bait.
>>
>>54753908
Moreover, the mound people practiced human sacrifice to their leaders whom they called "The Sun." Indians can eat my ass.

>>54753937
Soon, with all these uppity injuns around.
>>
>>54755960
Your worshiping a barge rat. And I don't just say that cause you voted for Trump.
>>
>>54755840
Probably Texans, using the Alamo as the basis for a fort, still pining for the Republic
>>
>>54753908
shiny fucking beads, chief drinks all day
>>
>>54753908
Yeah, but what were things like before the white man? You weren't alive then. You've never known life outside of a reservation or living as a white man in a white mans civilization.

There could have been wars, battles, fights. You could have taken slaves. There might still have been division of labor, a ruling council or class of people who didn't have to work, there could have been heriditary positions of power inherited through birth, you could have had every problem we have today, just without the technology to deal with it.
>>
>>54755638
They told you not to build there, idiot.
>>
>>54755960
>duchy of orlando has an elite knight group made up of the decendents former disney mercs
>it is still apart of the confedracy but the current duke Walton V wants to rebirth the kingdom of florida
>>
>>54756070
Mircostates are hard to maintain when you've still got infrastucture.
>>
>>54756061

they don't have the right to tell anyone where not to build. It's not their land to choose what gets done with it.
>>
Everytime the indian gets up on a horse he feels free again. He forgets that things are different now.

There are things that can break a man.
>>
>>54756109
Nobody starts those fires. The fires start themselves. There is nothing up there but dry brush and 120 degree weather. A piece of glass or a beer bottle can start a brush fire.
>>
>>54756160
a rock can retain heat up to 138 degrees, thats enough to set light to tinder. We told you not to settle there for your own protection.
>>
>>54756160

no, idiot, that fire was started by some fucking morons deciding to do some fucking "leaving the camp" ceremony and burning the shit down.

Fucking dumbass savages.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/standing-rock-protesters-set-fire-to-camp-in-north-dakota/
>>
>>54751194
Same thing.
>>
>helicopters still exist
>extreemly rare and only used during important battles
>cars also exist less rare than helicopters but only used by lords
>in the confed the sport of nascar is popular as a way for knights to prove their skills
>>
>>54753555
Chill your nipples there, Tanto.
>>
>>54754027
This is good shit. Mormon King being the biggest power in the mountains -- but also an isolationist ruler, confident in his territory, and wary of outsiders who aren't temporary.

>>54754250
It's meant to be a medieval setting. It's hundreds of years afterward and most shit has been forgotten. If guns still exist, most of them don't work and are kept by powerful lords as priceless relics. Perhaps the King of Desert still possesses a working Boom Stick or Thunder Scepter or equivalent name that has been painstakingly maintained by his artisans.

The purpose of this setting is for knights in armor riding around the terrain of America.

>>54754256
Gitmo is a fortress defended jealously by a warrior culture of marine-descendants. Otherwise, unknown. Not a lot of contact with the rest of the world -- nobody has the boats for it. Though they've heard the people of Old America had -metal boats-.

>>54754410
Told you, the God of Battle and Injun-Killing. Twenty dollar bills are purity seals for Knights of the Old Republic.

>>54754801
This is good, but I'd like if some of them were not paranormal -- just mutations or confused myths. Whereas stuff like Sasquatch could actually be real.

>>54754914
Duke of Disney. lol Should southern florida even have civilization of any kind outside a few swamp rangers and some isolated towns.

>>54754969
Sounds better than what we got. I like it A LOT.

>>54755186
Tell me more.

>>54755241
Duke of Ozark controls a lot of territory. And Cumberland sounds good -- though I was thinking of cribbing from After The End again and making the Appalachians populated by Revelationist/Apocalyptic Snake Handlers and Mountain People.

>>54755840
Texans wouldn't include the injuns in the cowboy cult. I imagine the descendants (and those appropriating the labels) of Apaches and Comanches would have a long rivalry and resentment of the Kingdoms of the Lone Star.
>>
>>54756070
>Duke Walton V maintains an elite fighting force of knights, as well as light infantry swamp rangers/ambushers that have kept the King of the Gulf from getting too far into the interior
>However, his number of knights is low, given the lack of agriculture in his swamp kingdom.
>If not for this, and the general unpopularity of the King of the Magic Kingdom among the Dixiecrats of the Upper South, Walton V might be a good candidate for Lord of All Dixie.
>>
>>54754590

Indiana.
>Corn.
>Just fucking corn.
>That's it.

I don't know, I'm not the ruling type. Too much trouble.
>>
>>54756129
Bruh. The horses came from Europe. Fuck off with your LARPing. Spaniards were the true horsemen.

Go fuck around with llamas or whatever.

>Serious Contribution to the Thread:
Mexico didn't; suffer the brunt of the apocalypse but it was totally shitty beforehand, anyway. Devolved into kingdoms based on the territory of the pre-eminent Cartels. La Sombra Negra developed into a Guild of Assassins mainly focused on exterminating Cartel leaders... and later their descendants.
>>
>>54756256
No cars or helicopters. Though I like the idea of horse-racing being popular in the Confederacy of Dixie.
>>
File: Texan Knight.jpg (796KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Texan Knight.jpg
796KB, 1000x1414px
Welcome to Texas.
>>
File: Cowboy of Old America.jpg (464KB, 900x639px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy of Old America.jpg
464KB, 900x639px
The Baron of Springfield (Massachusetts)

(Home of S&W's HQ)
>>
>>54756256
It wouldn't make much sense for helicopters to be more common than cars. Cars are more numerous and easier to operate/repair. I think your looking for just nascar jousting
>>
>>54756789
But i did say cars are more numerous than helicopters
>>
>>54756789
He said they were less rare than helicopters
>>
>>54756514
Cmon man do this shitty state some justice.
>Northern and central dedicated to the largest fields east of the mississippi
>Small forts dot the remnants of trade routes long established in and out of the center of the state
>the southern has returned to a densely forested hillside until the southern border
>this land is considered prime hunting ground by the ruler of the state
>the Hoosier rules the state through quick mobilization of horse cavalry through the remains of the highways and the economic dominance of grain and corn
>>54754590
Done
>>
>>54756811
>>54756829
I'm illiterate
>>
>>54756811
>>54756789
>>54756829
Not a fan of either in a medieval setting. It's supposed to be hundreds of years after a civilization-imploding apocalypse.

>>54754590
No guns, man -- except very rarely as treasured artifacts.

>>54756887
Is the Hoosier part of the Cult of Rust or does he remain a Christian and forsaken the Factory Men?
>>
Southern Florida
>Quickly fell apart as lack of electricity and running water and medicine made the mosquito plagues unbearable. Also Miami probably targeted by the Apocalypse.
>People in the Everglades kept living as they always lived. As the centuries passed, guns began to be phased out as they stopped working and no replacement parts could be found, nor ammo created.
>Swamps and gators and invasive species like Burmese Pythons reclaimed all of the urban centers
>Now South Florida is mostly plied by the small population of swamp people hunting gators with harpoons.
>Pirates and Sailors from the Caribbean and Dixie sometimes come down to buy gator/python skins or search the ruins of Old Mami.
>>
>>54756919
The Hoosier does not believe in the type of machines that brought ruin to Man once, but he has heard tale of machines that made reaping much more efficient. This is much more interesting to him
>>
File: Canticle.jpg (41KB, 332x477px) Image search: [Google]
Canticle.jpg
41KB, 332x477px
Yo, we all down with this Pope in St. Louis from After The End and the Canticle for St. Leibowitz?
>>
>>54754540
You know the horse tribes of plains could be the medieval equivalent of you know Mongols who you know we're in the medieval ages and we're also nomadic hunters and raiders for most of history
>>
What kind of apocalypse? If nuclear, then you need some super fucked up animal/monsters. dont even need to be native to NA; if even 1 zoo had a breeding pair of anything survive, boom, nuclear 5 armed gorilla giants.
>>
>>54757239
I was thinking of just leaving it vague -- but nuclear was probably assumed.
>>
wait, you've got minnesota vikings on the great lakes, but what about coastal raids by the barbarian newfies? no joke the canadian amritimes have such strong cultural ties to the old world... some nova scotian towns have gaelic street signs.

if you need a scary foreign savage enemy, they're a good place to get flavor.
>>
>>54753257
>Newest York

>>54754256
There's probably more than a few warlord states carved out around former American bases, ruled by an "American" ruling caste of soldiers.
>>
Utah is comprised almost entirely of clerics,paladins and blackguards.
>>
>>54756487
I imagine invading Deseret is like invading Russia. Sure you could do it, but they can just burn everything down and retreat. Competent fighters, but if the land can kill the enemy why waste soldiers?
>>
>>54754969
>>54756487
what about the amish my dude?
or scientologists?
>>
>>54757358
The Mormon Kingdom of Desert finally came to fruition. Also polygamy is back.

>>54757385
I also think the Mormons would be some of the people that got their shit back together the quickest after the apocalypse. Strong community ties, strong religious center. So they're probably the pre-eminent ruling power in the Rockies, surrounded by many petty tribes and warlords.. and wilderness.

>>54757392
In After The End, the Amish establish a huge realm in New York State and Pennsylvania (excluding Philadelphia, which is a Founder Stronghold). They eventually split off into the Deitchreich and the Kingdom of Hudson. I'm just not sure how much I could believe the Amish ever fighting or carving out kingdoms. Maybe they've got their territory in Pennsylvania... but not much else? They're pacifists, aren't they?

As for Scientologists -- aren't they mostly on the coasts, and thus probably dead?
>>
>>54757385

the problem with invading russia is the size, not the weather. Supply lines become a logistical nightmare very quickly. If deserts alone were enough to end a war, how did the crusades happen?
>>
>>54754540
Then write some shit about the post-apocalyptic medieval natives then.

>>54754590
>Virginia
Well, first things first, the D.C. area is naught but glowing ash and the occasional ruined memorial or archive. For humor's sake I'd say the Librarians of Congress are constantly digging shit up around there to try and preserve as much as possible.

Much as it is in the modern day, Hampton Roads is still a mess of squabbling cities not wanting to do the obvious thing and band together like every other metropolitan area. Holding Norfolk is probably a big deal, assuming it isn't also glowing ash, on account of being a bigass naval base.

Every generation or so some King/Prince-Governor/whatever the term'll be decides to whip out the ol' colonial charter and make a go for some of the old borders. This hasn't won many friends in West Virginia or Kentucky.

A bunch of shadowy tattered orders of what was once the alphabet soup of federal agencies skulk around, following centuries-old COG plans without any real leadership.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 852x480px
>>54757447
The desert you talk about is to the south. Plenty of barren mountains in Deseret to slow or stop an army
>>
>>54757441
I mean, they don't fight, but they are much more accustomed to a simpler life than everyone else. Also they're fucking EVERYWHERE.

Same with Scientology. Hubbard managed to have centers in pretty much every state at one point. Granted, most of their influence is on the coasts, but they have enough wealth and power to survive damn near anything. They managed to infiltrate the federal government for fuck's sake.

Not sure what either of those would add honestly, but the US is a fuckin weird place beyond just boiling it down to cowboys n indians.

Also, how do you intend to portray preppers? Like hardcore, build-a-bunker-innawoods niggas? Tall-tales? Progenitors of the new America?
>>
File: AGENDA.png (524KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
AGENDA.png
524KB, 500x703px
>>54755963
>corporate raiders in the decayed shell of a metropolis putting old business terms over their warlord-ish ways
fund it
>>
>>54757447
Deseret isn't just desert. It's the name the Mormons had for the Promised Land in Utah.

It includes desert in the south, but also the mountains, the Great Salt Lake, etc.

>>54757469
The Dakotas were largely unpeopled during the apocalypse and the subsequent centuries before our Medieval period. In that time, the Lakota Sioux, rural and preserved from the apocalypse, became a nomadic, horse-riding people that won dominion over much of the Dakotas (and competed with other nomadic horse-riding tribes in the great plains, like the Crow and the Blackfeet going into Canada.

The Lakota are highly territorial, which puts them at odds with Founder pilgrims trying to make their way to the great holy site of Mt. Rushmore. Something like the Hospitallers may arise to protect pilgrims on their way to Rushmore.

I think similar things should happen for the Comanche and the Apache, but maybe with some more white people involved in the tribe, following all the destruction.

>>54757527
In After The End, there's a revival faith called "Consumerism" which states that the Founders are not the true way of Old America, and that the world collapsed because the people of old did not give enough respect to the Almighty Dollar! But Warlords of McDonalds and an actual Burger King could be funny.
>>
>>54750630
This
>>
>>54754078
>And you know what their job is? To make sure nothing ever gets done about Indian affairs we we can continue to be ignored.
As is right.
>>
>>54757562
I was thinking along the lines of larger corporations doing the whole hostile takeover in a more literal sense, forming conglomerates where each corp does their thing to keep the war machine/economy running. Companies with different portfolios acting as caste-like things, doing what the others can't. The actual dominant corps being few, but the subsidiaries/vassals changing hands as fortunes shift.
>>
>>54757654
Based out of where? Chicago? Detroit? I'd say Los Angeles, but almost all of California's water and most of its electricity comes from other states so it's kinda fucked and will almost immediately turn into a desert.
>>
>>54757469
The last bit about shadowy alphabet soup orders is hilarious and reminds me 40k where the Ecclesiarchy and Space Marines are doing shit they think the Emperor wanted but have no clue they're wrong. I love it.

As for Virginia -- I was thinking it's probably ruled by someone who styles himself as King/Governor of the Old Dominion, though its constantly pressured by Founder Cults in an around Maryland who want the area of the Potomac -- glassed, gassed, and glowing though it may be.

Librarians of Congress are probably members of the Founder Cult. (Could also be a President's Cult, with all the old presidents who are on coins being memorialized as secular rulers of Old America and carrying on the Founder's legacy, like the Caesars are each deified in Rome. Founders now elect one of their number to be "President" who holds the position for life and is deified upon death).
>>
>>54757709
I'd suggest New York, but it looks like that particular region's been spoken for.
>>
KKK Knights roam the land, leading an inquisition, purging the land of anyone with even a hint of genetic mutation from the radiation. Led by a black man who mistook the old uniforms for some sort of medical gear, and thinks he's leading an order of militant health specialists.
>>
>>54757799
The guy said that New York is now in Maine. I don't really get it. But assuming nukes/war, New York would be glassed.
>>
>>54756487
>If guns still exist, most of them don't work and are kept by powerful lords as priceless relics
So everyone has an IQ of 60? Because revolvers, bolt-actions, lever actions, that stuff is some of the most mechanically simple shit you can get. You'd have to be retarded to not look at a revolver and understand how it functions.
>>
>>54750835
let's flip it the other way: Somalians gone "native" and wrecking shit with greataxes and big fuckoff braided beards. The Caliphate of Detroit, spreading the holy word of mechanization as spoken by Sultan al-Makada across the upper midwest.
>>
If people are really interested in medieval apocalypse shit I really recommend the Empire of Thorns book trilogy
>>
>>54757896
No. Nobody knows how to make gunpowder anymore and bullets don't last for centuries. Besides, most of the lords are too afraid to take apart the priceless relics to be able to make replicated parts, even if they knew how to make bullets.
>>
>>54757898
So they're half-Muslim and half-Rust cultist? I'd say just let a Muslim caliphate rise up in Deerborn (and later taking Detroit), saying that Old America was decadent and degenerate and doomed to fail BECAUSE THEY REALLY DO HATE OUR FREEDOMS
>>
>Christmas is just remembered as the day of one of Allfounder Washington greatest victories
>in small villages Children are given free reign
>they wake up early and play tricks on anyone they find sleeping
>>
>>54757956
>Nobody knows how to make gunpowder anymore
That's still pushing it, but for the sake of the theme and the setting being interesting I'll forfeit the point. We all know that if America ever really shits the bed that we'll all just go back to being cowboys and ranchers again like the good old days.
>>
>>54757956
"surely no one will find the simple recipe, key to military power, which is documented in each and every library of every pissant 5k inhabitant Oklahoma town that not even Khrushchev would have bothered bombing."

Balance it by early guns being pretty shitty. Fire musket - drop musket - fix pikes survived nearly to the American revolution.

>>54757969
No, two different factions. One to the west applying modified Muslim religious trappings (maybe the five daily prayers, concealing robes all around in the shittier middle-of-nowhere villages, a refusal to drink wine but beer and vodka aren't fruit of the vine, etc) to worship of Odin. One Caliphate playing the same "SMART conquerors" role that early Caliphates did, treating Henry Ford (tl note: Sultan al-Makada is a loose translation of his name) as the one true prophet and trying to unite the neighboring tribes in his truth, but eventually like their inspiration running out of raw resources or being swept over by Plains Indian horse archers and turning into squabbling goatfuckers.
>>
>>54757956
I know people who make guns in their garages. The likelihood of the US losing the tech to make guns is roughly the same as that of the entire populace dying
>>
File: IMG_1097.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1097.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
The UP of Michigan becomes a vassal of Norse-Minnesota/Wisconsin, building ships and providing lumber as a base for Viking piracy on the Great Lakes.

Sounds pretty comfy.
>>
>>54757709
SoCal through the upper Baja being resource-fucked but populous, naturally isolated, and suitable for farming make it a perfect shogunate. Just saying.
>>
File: IMG_6010.jpg (6MB, 7248x2386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6010.jpg
6MB, 7248x2386px
>>54758139

I'll happily make a map for the Viking North. What should be the main cities, strategically?
>>
>>54758183
Not chicago or anywhere in north illinois, that'd likely get taken over by poles
>>
>>54758027
This is fucking fantastic, though I was thinking that christianity would still exist in some parts of the country, like the South, the Mormon Kingdom, and Catholics somewhere.

Maybe in the Founder lands of the coastal north-atlantic?

Also, Boston:
>Boston is a Founder City surrounded on all sides by heathens. The Occultists of New New England, following a mishmash of revivalist paganism, ghost stories, Salem Witch myths, and horror fiction.
>In the middle of it all, the city of Boston, with the "Pilgrim's Path" through all the Founder sites kept alive, even if much of the old city is gone, and a statue to The Revered, a little-known member of the founders whose name is lost to time... and the Patron of Messengers.
>Irish Catholics didn't do a very good job of preserving Catholicism... I dunno.
>>
>>54758071
Hundreds of years. Most of the country is depopulated. The resources and technology to create gunpowder is lost.
>>
>>54758223
Did the entire country simultaneously explode in hellfire and then was resettled? If so, then MAYBE there are no guns. Probably not though
>>
>>54758213
Catholics are northern New England for sure. It's where the French Canadians, the Irish, and a significant chunk of Italians who noped out of CT in the '70s intersect.
>>
>>54758183

Well, Duluth, obv. Probably the Twin Cities (either as-is, on the ruins, or nearby) since we've got good position on the Mississippi. Maybe Green Bay, maybe St. Cloud, maybe something along the St. Croix (IIRC the northern parts of the river are pretty steep, so places like Taylor's Falls with extant crossings would be relatively important). A scattered few that grew/grow on the crossings of major roadways.
>>
>>54758213
>The Revered, a little-known member of the founders whose name is lost to time... and the Patron of Messengers
This. This I like.

>descendents of Irish Catholics drink heavily
>they believed their god smiles upon it
>so much so that he changed the very waters to wine for them
>they honor him with the act
>>
>>54758264
There's also a good deal in northern illinois, due to the large number of Polish immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries
>>
>>54758139
Finnish Yoopers as vassals to Norse vikings?!!?

Lol. It makes sense. I like it.

>>54758144
Shogunate? How many asians are there? Or do you mean a shogunate of Mexicans?

>>54758183
Do it!! Minnesota Vikings probably the center of power. But they raid all over the Great Lakes, dealing with and fighting Rustmen and Christians. (In After the End, Catholics own Chicago until it gets hit by an invasion from Minnesota and a viking lord sets himself up as Earl of Chicago -- we don't have to exactly keep this, though).

A Polish/Irish-Catholic Chicago could be funny, though.
>>
>>54758253
The whole point is to imagine a medieval America. It doesn't work really well if there are tons of guns everywhere. Maybe there was an era of Ludditism? But I think my "insufficient knowledge of making gunpowder + lack of knowledge to harvest sulfur and mix it together" over hundreds of years results in it being lost, like how the Roman concrete recipe was lost.
>>
>>54758365
Doesn't really kill it. The Japanese didn't think of themselves as all Japanese until after 1868, one could easily write the real uneasy tension between pure-ish Yamato, suspiciously hairy and interbred northeasterners, and suspiciously Chinese-leaning southwesterners as between Asians, whites, and Hispanics instead.
>>
>>54758199
>>54758183
>>54758139
>>54750835
>>54751688

A notice, pinned to the board of a Inn near the most southern fringe of the Viking's Territory.

>A Warning to All Northbound Men!
>This land you wish to traverse is that of the heathen Norse!
>Be Warned, Ye Who Enter This Accursed Winterland!
>Tho' She is populated by disparate chiefs and Tribes, all hold in sacred common belief but one truth - "No soul but their own is beloved by Þor, and all souls not beloved, shall die."
>>
>>54758465

This could of course be improved - what labels or other things need to be applied?
>>
>>54758365
Chicago is mostly poles. They kinda ended up moving here whenever shit went sour in poland
>>
>>54758365
>>54758422
Also to be honest the fun of after-the-fall America is imagining noticeably large ethnic groups suddenly acting like their neighbors used to. Whether it's Somalis yearning for the honorable death in battle which will bring them to Valhalla, an East Asian-white warlord alliance from Pasadena and beyond defeating the Hispanics at the battle of Tenshigahara but incorporating their nobility into a new shogunate, perhaps a Salish Han trading confederacy to the northwest centered on Vancouver, or of course the sub-20-percent Anglo populace of Virginia suddenly reasserting charters issued by James VI and I, it's basically the red meat of the conceit.
>>
I was kinda stoked for this idea at first. But now I feel kinda like about it.

Either enough people survived to still have cultural identity, in which case stuff like worshipping the founding fathers and degrading to the point of not having fire arms doesn't make sense.

Or enough people did, and whatever resulting civilization crops up won't have anything to do with previous American traditions.

You kind of have to abandon all sense if reason, and just go with whatever over the top madmax/judge dread ideas appeal to you at the time.
>>
>>54758422
Go for it, then? Though I know so little about Japan. Why is resource-poor/isolated good? Also, does the desertification of California not affect SoCal and Baja somehow?

>>54758465
This is really good, especially the flavor text.

>>54758494
I'd use a different map than a satellite map -- and I'd mark some major cities, as well as whether Neo-Viking cities are on top of them or near them.

>>54758605
The Founder Cult is made up of people telling stories of what America was, and playing telephone over a hundred years, and also the savage inheritors of America coming across ruins and seeing huge, stone faces, and making up stories about them, and assuming they're gods. And then noticing a pattern when they see the same faces everywhere.
>>
>>54758589
Why do Somalis go to valhalla? Are you confusing ethnic groups?
>>
>>54758633
Japan became Japan with all of its autistic labor-intensive quirks because the warrior caste had no one to fight (isolation) and had to make peasants spend eight hours of their life cooking a two-bite appetizer to feel important (lack of resourced).
Desertification is overplayed Texan wank. The dams aren't there to ship California the 70% of the water it gets, they're to hold 30% back for AZ/NV/CO/NM that would otherwise flow straight to the almond groves.

>>54758656
Because they live in a majority Scandinavian area, and in a society that's receded to pre-liberal philosophies of governance are going to be forced into adopting the majority religion with their own traditional flavoring.
>>
File: IMG_9899.jpg (471KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9899.jpg
471KB, 1600x1200px
>A Viking Raider from Dyewlutte off the coast of Old Niagra (colorized)
>>
>>54759025
I didn't realize, but the best part about Minnesotan Viking raiders and Montreal-Burlington Catholics is that the first can plausibly sail downstream to raid the second.
>>
>>54759055

The Mississippi River too, it can be the Volga of the US as far as the new Vikings are concerned.
>>
>>54759025

Duluth = Dyewlutte

Minneapolis = Minæþulis

Milwaukee = Milwækæ

Marquette = Murkiþ
>>
>>54759075
That would put setting-Rus' somewhere in Montana or Idaho, which is actually a pretty good place for potato dirtfarming fourth-sons who suddenly become a force in the world when they realize that food and empty land are the two most important military resources.

The problem is that there aren't that many ethnic Ukrainians and Russians there, but if we're assuming a nuclear apocalypse I suppose it can be handwaved with a few airborne divisions.
>>
>>54759075
The Chicago river also hooks up to the Mississippi, meaning that you could sail from the lakes to the Mississippi, albeit there are probably a bunch of Catholics in the way
>>
>>54759124
Or, like the Plains Natives being Apocalypse Mongols/Huns, simply another ethnicity filling the role.

>>54759131
Where is the American Pope now that Rome can no longer be reached and is more mythical than anything?
>>
>>54759143
Good question, It'd either be somewhere along the east coast or possibly in chicago I'd think.
>>
>>54757392
What if the amish are one of the most technologically advanced kingdoms by sheer virtue of staying exactly the same?

Everyone else is in armor, smithing, and carving out kingdoms, the amish still have their horse and carriages, their irrigation and agriculture, and their same old outfits, beards, and still living like its Eighteenth century rather than 5th century.
>>
>>54759159
After the End and Canticle for Leibowitz have it in St. Louis for some reason. Any St. Louis folks have any idea why?

>>54759161
That'd be fucking hilarious. And they're isolationist. The Amish are the Elves of the setting.
>>
>>54759161
Oh yeah... I forgot about them, they'd have to be eridicated if people wanted to go with the whole "No guns" thing
>>
>>54759161
I'd be all for the Hanseatic Amish trying their hardest to make money while staying out of the way of the Swedmali barbarians raiding ÃŽle-de-Champlain.
>>
>>54759218
I have an idea and it's terrible
The author's actual reasoning was probably "It's a big city with SAINT in the name". I'd place it in either new york or chicago, depending on if new york is still standing or not
>>
>>54759265
For what it's worth, the Archbishop of Montreal is the only North American bishop to ever have been treated as a Primate, and the Pope's argument for authority is status as the Primate of Rome with "directly succeeding St. Peter" tiebreaking with the others.
>>
>>54759361
If you want to trigger /pol/kiddies while also accurately simulating medieval politics, the Primates of Santo Domingo or Buenos Aires could exert authority on America from the outside (of the two, Santo Domingo is both senior and more centrally located.)
>>
>>54759361
yeah, but NOBODY likes Quebec. It also has less influence than Chicago and New York
>>
File: IRON TO DUST, DUST TO IRON.png (422KB, 769x831px) Image search: [Google]
IRON TO DUST, DUST TO IRON.png
422KB, 769x831px
>>
>>54759406
But it's physically central to the lands which would be held by remaining Catholics, and is liked among many of them (because, remember, we're talking a kingdom or principality which is majority French-Canadian.)
>>
>>54759446
Maybe. It would be interesting if the "New rome" was almost directly on the border of pagan land though.
>>
>>54759361
>>54759406
>>54759446
Alternatively, in After The End, there is an independent Papacy in Quebec which competes with the Papacy in St. Louis. But I'm not opposed to a Canadian or... Dominican Pope, per >>54759401. I just wonder whether communication with the island would be easy -- and whether dominicans would survive the onslaught of Hatian Voodooists.
>>
>>54759490
Buenos Aires is way too far away to be of any effect and the island Haiti and the Dominican republic share is about a dropped cup of coffee away from going native at any given time
>>
File: 34072502_p0_master1200.jpg (328KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
34072502_p0_master1200.jpg
328KB, 893x1200px
>>54759428
>Panaketu
when can I move in?
>>
>>54759490
I don't even care which one is "right", if we're doing this you're right we do need to have an Antipope somewhere. The only question is which one is heresy.
>>
>>54756514
you'd be surprised what comes about, Every time I play that damn mod, Iowa does very well, and if they don't conquer they survive
>>
File: Lincolnkilled_bsi.png (1MB, 1505x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Lincolnkilled_bsi.png
1MB, 1505x1001px
>>54751194

What if we have some kind of pre-fall backstory where an economic miracle in Africa coupled with most African nations establishing racially based immigration policies causes a great migration of blacks around the world back to Africa and thereby a depopulation of the black community in America to the point that blacks are a rarity in North America.

Basically, I want as few black people as possible.
>>
>>54759627
You can have that if I can have the setting where the last U.S. Army Captain, acting in his authority as highest surviving officer of the Union, evacuates his platoon onto an EU submarine having been beaten back to the Maine coast by the forces of the New (Iroquois) Confederation.

gtfo btfo illegal immigrant.
>>
>>54757956
dont be afraid of putting gunpowder in your setting, after all the conquistadors and Columbus had guns, Constantinople was felled by a giant cannon, war-hammer fantasy proved that you can have fantasy with guns..
>>
>>54759687

Is the Confederacy mostly "return to earth" white people or are you having the few remaining savages running a low-tier genocide as they fight to the coast?
>>
>>54759627
Blacks are concentrated in urban centers except in the South where the "Black Belt" exists.

Most urban centers get scrubbed by the apocalypse (Nuke War/Nuke Winter/Plagues & Diseases)

Happy?
>>
>>54759729
>t. autism
>>
>>54759745

It's the black belt that worries me, combined with the guaranteed dispersal of urban refugees following the Fall

>>54759763

Just trying to get the logistics of your half of the story down, my dude.
>>
>>54759691
The kind of setting I'm going for, guns are on the verge of being rediscovered.

I'm interested in a Conan-type setting where you've got the Roman/Knightly panoply of Aquilonia on one side and the savages of Kush on the other for the spectrum of civilization. Maybe a bit later with the knights to have proper armor. I understand it's not awful to have some guns, just I'd be wary of it.

>>54759687
Are you English descended from the Thirteen Colonies? 'Cause otherwise, you're an immigrant or a savage, too.

>>54759729
The Confederacy of Dixie is almost certainly made up of racist Dixiecrats but some black people may fight them to a stalemate in places like Atlanta, hence the earlier suggestion of the Free City of Atlanta, acting like an HRE Free City, but instead of "no taxes" it's "blacks allowed." Similar stuff in the rest of the black belt. This remains a constant thorny issue for Dixiecrats. People are fairly confident that no black man will ever be an Elector Count.

>>54759687
Natives are out west with new Comanche hordes threatening the Catholics and Texans.
>>
>>54759797
>thirteen colonies not illegal immigrants who weren't dealt with swiftly and severely enough
kek

>th-they must be savages then!
you're like the black guy who desperately spams /ck/ with "lol white people and mayonnaise", except at least he has a good point that mayo is disgusting, you're just making excuses
>>
File: Standard.png (63KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Standard.png
63KB, 2000x1200px
>Hooded White Knights rule an oligarchy at the base of the Mississippi. Those that do not wear the Knights' standard are the impure
>Paladin units travel upriver in raft hordes to establish Crusader States in the Neo-Catholic Bishoprics dominated by the Papacy of Quebec
>KKK Paladins bear enormous, cross standards and are feared for their discovery of a powerful incendiary weapon (not!Greek Fire) used in grenades or to "purify" smaller settlements
>In the center of their Southern Citadel is a massive pyre, eternally burning via the constant slew of flammable chemicals dumped on as suspected witches, those of ashen skin, and other sinners are wantonly burned
>Neo-Catholic slaves are pressed into vast agricultural estates, Northern Crusader States are the breeding grounds for labor that is shipped along the Mississippi
>This is the foundation of the Great River Slave Trade, where slaves are procured in Crusader States or by traitors that sell their own kin, slaves harvest valuable cash crops, which are then shipped to Gulf Thalassocracies, which provide goods to procure more slaves
>Between the Eastern Seaboard and the White Citadels lies the New Ashanti Empire, a roiling horde of African American nomadic communities comparable to the Mongol Empire, establishing important trade and postal routes, but also wreaking devastation as it incessantly expands throughout the South
>While the White Citadels are near-universally regarded as despicable in their practices, they have come to form the bulwark between the New Ashanti Empire and the wealthy nations at the base of the Mississippi, which subsist off of Caribbean trade cities, commercial relations with Yucatan communes, and the flow of trade in the gulf

PCs play as ex-Paladins planning to make off with White Citadel coffers when the Ashanti army approaches or something
>>
>>54759821
And you're just a butthurt native that's salty that there's only about 3 million of you left
>>
>>54759886
why would I be salty? your people's inability to keep it in your pants have guaranteed that there are about five pure whites left in the western hemisphere, good luck 14/88ing when first you have to shoot the rest of your Extra Chromosomes Club and then stick your own head in the oven
>>
>>54759903
Christ man, calm down there is no reason for you to be this asspained
>>
>>54759917
>so asspained about his black neighbor, i dunno, barbecuing beef with a tomato sauce rather than pork with a vinegar sauce that he needs everyone who looks like that neighbor genocided in his rpg settings
>y-you must be SUPER ASSPAINED for making fun of me
famulon, you are on a website based on the idea that who the fuck you are does not and should not matter. live up to that. if you want who you are TO matter, you should gb2/facebook/ and support their efforts to require a real ID at registration
>>
>>54759821
>like the black guy

Oh, tell me about the fluorishing civilizations of the indians that accomplished much more than what the Europeans/Mediterraneans accomplished hundreds or even thousands of years before?

Compare Machu Picchu or any pyramid in Mexico to the Pantheon. Then realize the Pantheon came literally hundreds of years before and weep.

>>54759826
Why would the KKK revive itself when it's at such a historic ebb?
>>
File: Medieval America.png (433KB, 1490x763px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval America.png
433KB, 1490x763px
Map I just made -- I dunno if it accounts for everybody's ideas, and I made the Hoosier a catholic.

I didn't have enough colors and didn't want to add needless lines, so this isn't all independent kingdoms. Just regional/religious differences.
>>
>>54759943
You're assuming that I'm the guy butthurt about blacks
>>
>>54759972

I figured that this was kind of far future, so there's no real way to tell what it is that tore America apart, very well could have at least partially been due to some sort of surge in racial sectarian sentiment.

I'm putting the KKK in this position because I think that it's an interesting group to transplant to a post-apocalyptic medieval timeline, given iconography, titles, symbolism, beliefs and all that. With there being no solid explanation as to how we got from here to the setting, I figure it could be fun to have some clear and recognizable bad guys that like to call their leaders things like Grand Dragon.
>>
>>54757898
>caliphate of detroit
just because there are loads of muslims, doesn't mean they'd all work together to form an empire. if anything, they'd basically become a trading guild.

if anything, the great lakes area would be the ones building siege equipment, considering we have more access to lumber than anywhere else, and the waterways to transport it.
>>
>>54759826

More ideas

>Beyond the Native American confederacies in what was Oklahoma (Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, etc.)
>Beyond the Great Mountain Ranges that seem to mark the end of the world
>There lies what was once the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, completely depopulated as leaders didn't get to it in time
>Access to this vault is highly sought after among the secretive guilds formed from the remnants of governmental agencies skulking in DC
>The truth is that within Cheyenne Mountain lie the last functional computers, directly connected to ancient, long-dormant machines in the sky
>SDI-tier lasers, railguns, and other dilapidated space-based superweaponry that has been waiting for a master since the fall of the United States
>Whoever controls the fortress that is Cheyenne Mountain controls the sky
>Whoever controls the sky controls the Kingdoms, Empires, and few Republics that are scattered across the continent
>To find the access keys, you'll need to negotiate with the various warring Librarian-Archivist City-States that thrive in the massive, labyrinthine sewers of the shells of East Coast Megalopolises, where they accumulate information from ancient bookstores or raids on each others vast collections
>Getting from the East Coast to Cheyenne Mountain is no easy task
>Travel either through viking territory, the Ashanti Empire, Scattered Neo-Catholic dominions, or just the boundless Waste
>The rewards are immense, competition bigger, and it's still unclear if someone ELSE made it into the vaults first
>>
>>54760072
DESU I'm basically assuming the opposite of my Minneapolis - a significantly Baptist Black/suburb white populace ending up under the sway of "Henry Ford is the one true prophet and the assembly line is the one true god".

A trading guild is a smart start for them; I'd already mentioned the few-hundred-year arc of success followed by getting rolled by the Sioux while Indianapolis or Pittsburgh steals their tech, but that's a great way to begin it.
>>
File: IMG_3809.jpg (212KB, 535x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.jpg
212KB, 535x760px
>>54759994

Well done!
>>
>>54760100
>Minneapolis

They're already Norse Pagans you slut, read the lore
>>
File: Willow Run.jpg (49KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
Willow Run.jpg
49KB, 600x345px
>>54760100

I really like the idea of a machine cult that worships Henry Ford and the Assembly Line.

Willow Run was a massive aircraft manufacturing complex run by Ford in Michigan, about 330,000 m square, what if the area of that factory acted as the Holy Land?
>>
>>54753257
The Free Counties of Nassau and Suffolk!
>>
>>54760092
Sounds cool. What's the Ashanti Empire?
>>
>>54760132
Make it part of the Rust/Forge Cult
>>
>>54760092
I'd imagine that some of the west coast cities would collapse due to excessive decadence
>>
>>54760152

Described in the post before, just the large number of African American communities in the Deep South that are all roughly in a line bound together into a Mongol Empire-analogue building trade routes and keeping the remnants of the US Postal Service alive within their territory, but otherwise devastating the smaller countries around them, ie KKK Knight-ruled city states, Eastern Seaboard trading empires, whatever else.

I see looking at maps and such that there's sort of a rapidly shaping up "official" lore, but I'm just throwing out ideas to see how people react since I'd like to run a game like this a lot, so if they don't mesh with your peep's stuff, don't mind me
>>
>>54760162

Also not a bad idea, all of the big military factories (Willow Run, Lima Tank Plant, etc) could become massive Forge Citadels for the Cult of Rust, where they pick apart old military surplus to build armor and perhaps some sort of analogue machine mind idk

>>54760167

Or maybe when you get there it's just a massive, hedonistic anarchic commune that will inevitably burn itself out, but for the time being is the center of post-catastrophe celebration.

>A chain of cities up North that are burned out or conquered indicate the fate of those that are still wantonly partying down south.

>The non-pragmatic do not survive long
>>
>>54760132
>>54760162
Yep. My flavor for that cult is just Detroit immigrant-influenced with Ford as a replacement prophet, which would make the ruins of especially big plants built near his lifetime extremely holy sites.

And the whole "pray facing xx" thing is actually interestingly relevant and an RP opportunity if you have to take a heading toward Detroit rather than just "Mecca is equally roughly east of Bangor, ME and San Diego, CA"
>>
>>54760174
Not super into it. Don't buy blacks dominating the Dixiecrats of the South. I'm down with the black belt uniting for safety but not a Mongol empire or major power
>>
>>54760197
Depending on how long ago (And the nature of) the apocalypse happened, I'd imagine that cities like LA might have become totally abandoned hellholes filled with LITERAL savages, or just totally abandoned due to no one knowing how to survive outside a city
>>
>>54760132
>>54760100
as for a rust belt machine cult, i think the northern border should only extend to maybe lansing or grand rapids. beyond that would most likely be the denmark to the neo-viking empire.

the rust belt cult should be the ones producing weapons and armor. not necessarily masterwork quality, but producing them in vast quantities. maybe have great shipyards out of port huron, detroit and cleveland, churning out warships like they were going out of style.
>>
>>54760197
Forge Lord
Ford Lord.

Henry Ford becomes Vulcan/Hephaestus.

Rust Cultist Preacher in DC: Founder Ford is the true Founder! Washington is a usurper. What did he build!?

Rust Cultist among the Corporate Warlords: Is there any greater corporation then the Company of Ford Motors?
>>
>>54760197
Coastal northwest is dead or reverts to Pacific Northwest Indiana. Mountainous Northwest becomes White Nationalist Cascadia because of all the prepares up there
>>
>>54760204
Yeah this is really cool, idk if you were going for it but I could even see schisms down the line between a purist cult of rust and the group that worships Ford as the prophet above all else.

>>54760206
Sure I get that. I figured this is happening far into the future when US demographics are far more skewed, and the event that leads to this scenario wipes out a lot of whites in the region in larger, more prosperous regions, but leaves poorer, black regions to band together and begin pushing up against their neighbors.

Just as the Mongol Empire it would eventually collapse into successors, themselves eventually subsumed. Who knows, if I run a game, I might run it with this, but I also like some sort of Holy Empire of Louisiana type deal stretching across the South, and I also like it just being misc. Kingdoms. Lots of options.
>>
>>54760216
They're glassed wastelands with the ruins of buildings forming layers of sediment and some savages/mutants/cannibals fighting over the scraps
>>
>>54760219
See this map?
>>54759994
>>
>>54760219
Also "neo-Viking empire." I think of it more like various Viking kingdoms and earldoms after an initial expansion from Minnesota into areas with other Scandinavian descendants
>>
>>54760216
Yeah that's actually probably true. Makes me wonder what Hawaii's like. You know though, I bet that cities like LA would work really well for a "I've heard of a place where everyone is peaceful and they have running water and it's still civilized" type scenario, then you get there and it's fucked and you just see the endless ocean full of fuck and you're fucked.

>>54760231
Preppers in the Northwest are definitely going to be big, but probably fiercely independent. Maybe family values emphasized by a lot of preppers in that region transition into micro-dynasties that end up forming some sort of Merchant Republic in the Vancouver-Seattle area?

>>54760223
v much yes
>>
>>54760219
>churning out warships like they were going out of style.

Now this could be cool - what if you get a sort of Great Lakes trade empire going on, then they can start making things like the Venetian Arsenal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_Arsenal
>>
>>54760256
Vancouver is 100% Chinese, Seattle maybe though I'd love to nod to Shadowrun and give it to demihuman-Salish. Anything in/east of the Cascades, though, yeaaaaahhhhh that's the land of the self-proclaimed Archduke of Heretothatfence.
>>
>>54760240
And genital mutilation
>>
>>54760256
Yeah, the west coast cities would be the mystical land of "Everything's good" but really it is literally the worst place on earth to be
HAwaii's gone back to native
>>
>>54760267
This is a bit stupid, but what if Greater Vancouver isn't all that harmed and ends up preserving a larger-than-is-realistic Chinese population and just becomes the sort of new Orient for the West that is the American kingdoms?

It's not really as serious as some of this other stuff, but I think it could be neat, thoughts?
>>
>>54760282
I don't know if I'd like that in this setting, but I'd love to flavor it like the south half of the map in Suikoden.
>>
In what's left of Nevada, is there a heavenly cult based in Rachel, incorporating all the UFO lore and turning it into a religion?
Has Groom Lake become a great temple fortress where the chariot of the gods is said to be stored?
>>
>>54760278
I feel like with the way this is all shaping up, (what I mentioned with Cheyenne Mountain Complex + discussion on the West Coast cities being the false hope) it looks like a campaign in this setting would start in the East and generally head west, which isn't that bad of a story, sort of symbolically mimicking manifest destiny, only for it to be a let down, mirroring the collapse of America.

Or something. I'm just saying words.
>>
>>54760295
Maybe somehow Vegas becomes incorporated in the ayy cult
>>
>>54760256
Remember that the Amish are the setting's Elves. People amazed at the "advanced technology" and peacefulness of the Amish. They buy into the idea that there's an even more advanced place, but with nicer less isolationist people "Out West." They reach Deseret looking for it and keep going west
>>
>>54760292
I'm not familiar with Suikoden, what do you mean?
>>
>>54760301
The city of angels that's actually the city of demons. Do not expect to leave with intact parts between your legs
>>
>>54760312
Not only that, but the Amish would know the fate of the West Coast. They'd just never say anything about it, because they choose not to interfere.
>>
>>54760303
Vegas is fought over by the Corporste Warlords and AyyLmaos

I was recently in Vegas and was surprised by the fact the entire valley is now filled with suburbs and they are having more and more sports teams.

Also "Vegas Golden Knights" hockey memorabilia everywhere...
>>
>>54760318
>The city of angels that's actually the city of demons. Do not expect to leave with intact parts between your legs

LA and the once mighty cities of the West Coast, where they aren't burned-out wrecks, are simply massive, filthy bloodsex hives
>>
>>54760314
It was basically awesome because of touches like this, each town had its own music and spriteset ranging from pseudo-Gaul in the northeast to different varieties of southern China non-Han or offshoot Han in the south. So basically a mini-Canto in one town, Hakka next to them, Taiwanese next to them, Shanghainese on the far side of the bay, etc.
>>
>>54760333
All the neon would likely be taken as signs of ayys, as well as all the strange buildings and contraptions. SoCal is likely filled with the worst of the worst savages
>>
>>54760338
The hordes of demons that live there likely have a fighting style that tries to target the lower torsos of whomever they're fighting
>>
Wish this Medieval America thread was a bit more Medieval-y/Pre-Medieval.
>>
>>54760359
Lol. Funny, but I was thinking the setting should be too low fantasy for demons.

Archivists searching through California's past might see the degeneracy and trannies and assume demons - or point to it as the reason for Old America's collapse, like medieval Catholics trying to explain the fall of Rome with the gays, orgies, and general degeneracy of the Emperors.
>>
>>54760375
That's what I was going for. They're called demons cause of their actions and tendency to mutilate sexual and secondary sexual body parts
>>
>>54760361
Less knights in shining armor more mail hauberks? I mean we have Minnesota Vikings. The only Knights in shining armor are really Founder Columbia and the Dixiecrats.
>>
>>54760339
Ah yeah that does sound neat

>>54760359
>>54760375
>>54760381
Yeah I'm sort of on the same page here with any "demons" in West Coast cities basically being bizarre sexual deviants bound up in leather with all manner of piercings and chains and whips

>>54760361
Well what do you have in mind? I think to best capture the sort of Medieval Americana that people are going for there are a few things that have to be sacrificed, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>54760359
Man, why do you think we're this obsessed with dicks? If you were fighting an Amazon would you aim for the pussy first regardless of it it was armored or what her weapon was?
>>
>>54760401
Mostly the "T" part of "LGBT"
>>
>>54760403
But most of the T people I know are FTM
>>
>>54760410
Hence the breast mutilation part. But I'm pretty sure most are MTF
>>
>>54760401
>If you were fighting an Amazon would you aim for the pussy first

As retarded as it may be, absolutely yes
>>
>>54760375
The "demons" of common mythology are the horsemen who ride out of the ruins to pillage and slaughter.
They call themselves the angels of hell, just as their home is called the place of angels. They wear armor of pitch-blackened leather decorated with trophies from those they slew.
Their horses glitter in the sun from the gewgaws covering them. This is said to recall their ancient boars they rode, before the last fell dead and rusted, and they claimed horses to do their evil work.
>>
>>54760434
Biker gangs would likely be a better fit for wandering nomads
>>
>>54760452
What about famous mercenary companies?

>At the siege of Cincinnati
>My lord, new troops have taken the field
>What are their colors?
>They're the... Hell's Angels, sire
>Submit terms of surrender.
>>
>>54760488
This works perfectly, model them as a mix of Biker Gang culture and Condotierri
>>
>>54760383
>>54760397

No man, shit like this:
>>54760516
>>54760132
>>
>>54760092
I imagine Deseret doesn't want anyone to find the vaults
>>
>>54761096
one of the posts in your first set is a (You), and one in the second is a (You). the two are closer than you think.
>>
File: thing.png (18KB, 715x344px) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
18KB, 715x344px
>>54761109
No, they're probably quite content with the status quo

>>54761096
idk how to feel about this senpai getting mixed messages
>>
>>54761190
By "no they're quite content with the status quo" I meant "yes I agree, they're quite content with the status quo"
>>
>>54760375
Well, California was the home of the one true Emperor of America.
>>
>>54761096
I don't think the Fordist factories actually produce technology, that's too advanced. But the memory of it is enough. The enshrined rusted car hulks are prayed to as divine creations, while not understood.
>>
>>54761724
The San Francisco guy? Or After the End where they have an emperor and worship a mix of Islam, Scientology, and Buddhism?
>>
>>54762868
Norton I of course.
>>
>>54763290
The crazy dude?
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.