[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 446
Thread images: 49

File: 1497057051798.jpg (16KB, 287x318px) Image search: [Google]
1497057051798.jpg
16KB, 287x318px
Legendairy Edition

>Emperor's Children Legion Trait, Stratagem and Psychic Power
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/31/legion-focus-emperors-children/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Rising Edition
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing Abaddon's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
I could only find a version for large ants.
>>
File: 5llxG1O.jpg (31KB, 301x352px) Image search: [Google]
5llxG1O.jpg
31KB, 301x352px
2nd for Imperial Fists!
>>
>Second for Sons and Daughters of Commoragh!

Do we have the story on Khaine's Gate yet? It broke open. Now what? Any info on Vect and his plan?
>>
>>54632387
can we not, 40k generals are shitty enough as it is
>>
>>54632387
Beta virgin hahahahahha
>>
File: just like the army.jpg (220KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
just like the army.jpg
220KB, 750x1000px
>>
File: image.png (998KB, 678x724px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
998KB, 678x724px
Suggested alteration to the Redemptor's design.
>>
File: 20170722_194842.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170722_194842.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
What do you guys think of my 2k deathgaurd list?

HQ
Typhus| x1
Noxious Blight Caster| x2

Fast Attack
Fetid Bloat Drone| x5

Troops
Plague Marines (5man) with 2 plasma guns, 1 blight launcher and a powerfist| x3
Plague Marines (5man) with 2 plasma guns and a powerfist| x1
Poxwalkers (20man)| x1
Poxwalkers (10man)| x1

This is my pure Deathgaurd tourny army that i made with the limited released models so far.
>>
>>54632360
>codices
>not codexes
>>
>>54632434
How did you look at that and say to yourself, "yeah that looks really good, that looks like a dreadnaught"?
>>
Given they've announced Armies on Parade for this year, do you guys have any cool ideas?

I was thinking of linking up with my Dark Eldar friend and making an Admech sea base under attack from Dark Eldar raiders. Could have the whale-airship on the landing platform, make the whole thing Sector Mechanicus terrain set in a water block. Icarus Crawler on another platform, and Ruststalkers fighting Wracks as a Voidraven skims overhead and drops a bomb. Or have the airship in flight over the sea, with Dark Eldar skimmers coming in to attack it and a few Admech crewmen firing from the top gantry.

Either way it relies on me getting the whalebird done. If not I might just make the water base sans ship and have Deldar raiding that.
>>
Long time guard player here, finally playing 8th edition some. I feel like we're pretty busted nowawdays, especially since my circa 4-5th editon army was conscript based and they're so absurd with a commissar around right now. Are we the bullshit army?
>>
What happened to the 1d4chan Eldar article?
>>
>>54632466
Newfags who want Mecha designs rather than nods back to the old models which are boxy and bulky.
>>
>>54632443
It's not very good, but I dig the attempt.
No mobility.
>>
>>54632481
>Are we the bullshit army?
Yes absolutely.

The good news is new-GW is very good about balancing things in a timely fashion, Guard will be nerfed within the next couple months and then you won't have to deal with people refusing you games for being bullshit powerful like Eldarfags did in 7th.
>>
Why did GW rig the campaign in the Imperium's favor?
>>
>>54632447
>Codexes
>GW in charge of spelling
They going to copyright their OC spelling of real words too?
>>
Hello /40kg/,

I have a serious question. How good would an all-knight army be? I am seriously debating the merits of getting 3 knights and running them all together. I know that this might be seen as a cheesy/douchy thing to do but I want to know how well they would perform as a group. I just fucking love the idea of only having three models to move around in a game. One thing I fucking hate doing is moving a bunch of dudes every turn.

Thank you
>>
File: Conscript spam 2017.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Conscript spam 2017.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>54632481

With great model count comes great responsibility
>>
>>54632360
Kek.
>>
>>54632506
I would not play against you unless you told me you were playing all knights beforehand.
>>
If conscript spam is so unbeatable then why is Guard not dominating in all the tournaments?
>>
>>54632321
>That pic
No.... just no.
>>
>>54632498
5 fast attack is no mobility?
>>
>>54632532
Cus it's about 2 grand for the army
>>
>>54632532
They just took every top 3 spot at the biggest tournament since 8th launched, and half of the top 10.
>>
>>54632466
>>54632487

I like old dreads and I also like this one. not everyone shares your tastes.
>>
>>54632443

You need more Blight Launchers, less Plasma Guns. Blight launchers do better damage per point.

Replace one of the Blightbringers with a Plauge Caster, Smite is ridiculously good, so is the -1 to Hit Death Guard spell, and you'll really want a psyker for deny the witch. Psykers are a must have this edition.

Other than that looks good!
>>
>>54632509

This is worse than that Ork first turn charge infograph
>>
>>54632556
Top kek whatever you say cuck.
>>
>>54632553
>>54632553
sorry both those things i called noxious plague casters i meant "Malignant plague caster" there are 3 psykers in this list.
>>
>>54632506

>I have a serious question. How good would an all-knight army be?
Laughably horrible against any reasonable army.
You'll stomp the little kids and poorfags with their low model count armies though.
>>
>>54632506
It's a douche move. I wouldn't play you.
if you like low unit count consider Grey Knights.
>>
File: 1443433462273.png (97KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
1443433462273.png
97KB, 400x243px
>>54632321

What is Nu-Games Workshop going to do to nerf Conscripts?
>>
>>54632466

>How did you look at that and say to yourself, "yeah that looks really good, that looks like a dreadnaught"?

I would ask the same of whoever sculpted the Redemptor in the first place. Their take ended up with an over-broad stance which made the legs look spindly and weird double-shoulders, whilst my alteration is pretty much just making the design connection to the rogue trader peanut dread design more explicit.
>>
>>54632506
knights are still pretty good in 8th, but aren't the rock paper scissors army they were in 7th.

beware of people like >>54632524 who will be salty because of their hatred for knights from previous editions though. despite the fact that they are more or less balanced in 8th there are some who are resentful towards big models who don't realize it's 2017.
>>
>>54632502
How did they rig it?
maybe chaos just isn't as popular as you think. Maybe not all xenos players are salty imperium haters.
>>
>>54632600

By "douche move" you means it's a douche move of him to make you think you'll be playing an actual game instead of tabling him inside of three turns, right?
>>
>>54632584
>I meme'd it again! one less knight player, haha!
>>
>>54632612
just melee them.
>>
>>54632623
You have to admit releasing a huge new line of space marine models and then giving people points for painting them is a bit of an advantage.
>>
>>54632623
>How did they rig it?

I would personally venture by saying they "rigged" it by releasing the SM Codex right at the start of the campaign, while Chaos forces do not have a codex yet.
>>
>>54632612

Keep it fluffy. Conscripts shouldn't be intimidated by execution since they're an untrained, panicky mass of morons who could easily stampede past the commissar.
>>
>>54632615
Unless you have a meme army of all devastators, then good luck buddy
>>
>>54632612
Points increase is the only reasonable way. The reason they're taken in the first place is because how cheap they are per wound with 5+ armour save, and nerfing the armour doesn't make sense.
>>
>>54632581

Ah, well then, trade some plasma for some blight and it's an A list.

No idea what that other anon was on about with mobility... maybe he's advising you to bring a transport? Maybe not a bad idea but I don't have any myself so I can't really say for sure lol.
>>
>>54632637

The only armies that lose to knights are small elite armies.
As in, the kind kids and poorfags use.

Someone playing a big Ork army for example can literally just casually run at you the whole game, and stand literally no chance of losing.
>>
>>54632662
Maybe make some models run away when a nearby commissar dies? Probably wouldn't be a huge contribution to balance but it would make sense.
>>
>>54632506
Honestly, just make sure the guys you'll be playing against are cool with it. Give people a heads up and if your gamjng crew isn't okay with playing against a bunch of knights that's okay. I love the lore and look of the Knights as well, plus they're glorious, but my household rarely gets fielded in full outside of apocalypse games (even if they're more or less balanced this edition) because of the terror they wrought in 7th ed. I still totally recommend getting at least one to paint. It's your time and money do what you love with it
>>
>>54632674
ok
>>
Can an army's Power-level be used to judge how relatively strong a points-based army is?

Its well known that 25 Power is relatively equal to about 500 pts. 50 power 1k, 100 power, 2k, etc.

My hypothesis is; If I create two 1.5k pt armies, and then tally up their power levels, the army with the higher power level will be relatively more powerful.

What do you guys think of this?
>>
>>54632687
>Every turn a Conscript Unit is not within range of a Commissar, roll 2D6, that many models are removed as they run away

There. It means sniping Commies is worthwhile.
>>
>>54632659
I'm not your buddy, pal.
>>
>>54632694

Watch out for Fabius Bile
>>
>>54632670
5 blight drones is super strong vs anything toughness 6 and less. The plasma is to crack things t7-t8. Getting wounds on tanks and titans is what i need. powerfirst, plasma, smite and typhus is all that really kill high toughness.
+ i only have 3 blight launchers and the list comes out perfectly to 2k. More blightlaunchers = 2 less of another gun.
>>
>>54632714
Not your pal, mate.
>>
>>54632708
This is how I chose between which 3 tournament lists to take. It served me well.
>>
>>54632711
Or just nerf comissars. Make it so they can only prevent a certain number of casualties.
>>
>>54632434
The further we get away from the glorious 2E Boxnaught the deeper we fall to sin.

That is no casket bolted to guns to allow the mostly dead to fight on, it's a robot walker that may as well have a healthy pilot.
>>
>>54632524
>>54632584
>>54632600
>>54632615

Thanks for the advice, it seems like I prob should not be going all knights in any reasonable game.

I'm guessing that bringing 1-2 knights and some heavy duty space marines would be more reasonable? I went to my first tournament yesterday and I saw somebody with a knight and some Primaris and they looked really cool.

I'm still pretty new to 40k in general so I have only really played my Orks. However, it seems like GW focuses more on Space Marines/Imperium so I feel like if I want to have a decently supported army that I should pick one of those up.
>>
>>54632698

Do the math yourself if you don't believe me.
Knights have to spend six turns shooting orks out in the open rolling almost nothing but 6's to make up their points cost.

>durr but knight can kill other stuff!
Yeah, I know that in your dogshit army, you're spending like 100 points per model, because you can afford more plastic,
but to people with grown up armies, that doesn't matter.
>>
Lads, can Inquisitors request ANYBODY to work for them? As in, could an Inquisitor demand a Custodes or SoS join his retinue and they can't say no? What about Assassins, like actual Assassins from the Temples?
>>
>>54632708
no I don't think so.

Space Marines scouts with bolters cost fewer points than tactical marines and are generally weaker than tactical marines, but cost more power simply because power accounts for sniper rifles and rocket launchers.
>>
>>54632711
Sniping commies is the duty of every red blooded American
>>
>>54632387
>>54632708
I wish I was cute then I could happily play GSC without hesitation
>>
>>54632760
Yeah, one knight is fine.
Maybe even two

Pairing them with space marines is a good combo.
>>
So I've flirted with the idea of getting into 40k for a long time even if only to collect and paint the dudes though I'd give playing them a show at some point.

I even bought a small thing of Tau Fire Warriors a few years ago but haven't touched them just because I've never quite been in the right situation to start up the hobby.

Short of it is, I've got the itch again and I'm thinking about buying some Space Marines and making my own Chapter, and I like the idea of a Chapter focused on bikes, maybe one that was created using Salamander or Blood Angel geneseed. My question is if I get into this and start playing and I try to field an all bikes army am I going to get fisted to death, or can I expect to actually put up a fight?
>>
>>54632321
any interesting leaks recently
>>
>>54632761
>Look my WAAC meme army can beat a casual knight list, therefore they're balanced
>>
>>54632763
assassins yes but SoS and Custodes could tell them to fuck off due to officially only taking orders from the emperor (and guilliman now)
>>
>>54632759

Your argument equally applies to Contemptors though, and there's nothing wrong with those.
>>
>>54632813
Assassins require the approval of the High Lords of Terra to even deploy. I doubt anyone would appreciate an Inquisitor pulling them away from their mission.
>>
>>54632763
On paper the Inquisition is second only to the Emperor and only answers to Him, in practice the Inquisitor has as much power as he has gathered across his career. An old and well known Lord Inquisitor has the ears of Lord General and potentially order Chapter Masters or entire armies while a up and coming Inquisitor can be ignored by a Captain as his sphere of influence only applies to his closest acolytes.

The Inquisition has the illusion of power and that can be as useful or powerful as the Inquisitor in question can make it.
>>
>>54632798
Bikes were bullshit overpowered in 7e but now just alright in 8e,
>>
>>54632813
>Inquisitors have absolute power, authority over nobody!
>....Apart from these guys

In Beast Arises, the Custodes tell them to fuck off and end up giving in anyway. In that other Inquisitor one they were fine with it.
>>
>>54632761
So the only "grown-up" armies are those that can spam huge numbers of infantry? What about Skitarii or Scions, where they can't do that and are still quite expensive? What armies have literally nothing worth shooting with a Knight? Most bring at least a couple vehicles, unless you've got nothing but Conscripts, Boyz, lesser daemons or similar there's gonna be something around worth kicking to death with one Knight.
>>
>>54632812

>any army that isn't a low model count kiddo army is waac
fucking lol
I love when you faggots out yourselves by bitching bout knights.
>>
File: hierarchy.jpg (156KB, 1162x823px) Image search: [Google]
hierarchy.jpg
156KB, 1162x823px
>>54632763
No idea if this has been retcon'd yet or not, but this is what it looks like.
>>
>>54632826
>nothing wrong with potato dreads
Not the guy you're replying to, but wrong af.

Contemptors are exactly where dread design started going wrong. They should have stayed in 30k as some old-ass shit from a bygone age. Compared to those the Redemptor is actually an improvement.
>>
>>54632856
>I'm taking this army because mathematically it cannot be beaten

Keep kidding yourself, m8
>>
>>54632840
I also don't want to be Captain Chedar with his Cheese army so that's good at least. Sounds like I would at least stand a chance with a biker army.
>>
>>54632443
>Plague Marines (5man)

nurgle is displeased, plague marines must always be ran in 7 man squads.

But as other anons have said, blight launcher > plasmaguns, best loadout is 2xblight launchers and a combi plasma
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (133KB, 505x688px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
133KB, 505x688px
Kitting out some Death Company. What weapons are worth stocking up on?
Hand Flamers are absolutely terrible all around, but I'm also kinda hesitant stocking up on Plasma Pistols since now FnP doesn't negate them blowing up.

Opinions?
>>
>>54632843

>So the only "grown-up" armies are those that can spam huge numbers of infantry?
Not huge numbers, but if you're one of those faggots putting like 12 models on the table, then yes, you have a kid army.

>What about Skitarii or Scions, where they can't do that and are still quite expensive?
Yes they can.
What fucking index are you reading?

>What armies have literally nothing worth shooting with a Knight?
Retarded hyperbole.
Ask a real question and I'll answer it.
>>
>>54632556
can you post the ork first turn charge
>>
>>54632798
>and I like the idea of a Chapter focused on bikes, maybe one that was created using Salamander or Blood Angel geneseed.
You really want to be White Scars if you're bike focussed.
>>
>>54632826
Imo the Redemptor suffers from trying to mix the more humanoid designs with the boxy design.

Maybe it's just me, I don't completely hate the model but it just feels off somehow.
>>
>>54632871
Nah this is dumb
Contemptors are supposed to be more elegant, from an age of forgotten technology and are rare af now
Regular dreads are boxier and shittier, but there is a ton more of them.

Making a new dreadnought that is more powerful, but still looks like ass makes no sense.
It's just shit design on GWs part
>>
>>54632886
The only thing I have to wonder is if you want bike theme, why salamanders or blood angels and not a white scar successor? The white scars are basically a biker gang
>>
>>54632612

In the old platoon structure in the 5th ed guard codex you could only take one Conscript squad per platoon

So restricting the number of conscript squads to being equal or less then number of platoon command squads seems like a reasonable and fluffy solution from years past.
>>
>>54632880

There's no way you actually believe that's what's being discussed.
>>
>>54632913
>Making a new dreadnought that is more powerful, but still looks like ass makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. It's bigger and stronger than the castaferrum but still based on similar technology and design principles, not the tech used in the ancient Contemptors which has been lost.
>>
>>54632957
Who the fuck takes 200 boyz as a "fun" army?
You're telling me you love basic boyz so much, you decided to build your army with nothing but them, which also just HAPPENED to be one of the most powerful WAAC lists this edition?
Nah mate
>>
>>54632739
Not your mate, friend
>>
>>54632908

I'm assuming they have specific rules? Can I run those and still have them be 'my dudes'?

>>54632923

I liked the humanitarian/good guy marine vibes I got from the Salamanders and the Lamenters, so I figured it would make sense for their fluff if they had some connection in some way or another to those two. I'm not that hung up on it. I also liked the idea of bikes with flamethrowers but I know that's probably not going to work so eh.
>>
>>54633011

You're not making genuine posts at this point.
>>
>>54633011
>Who the fuck takes 200 boyz as a "fun" army?

green tide has been one of orkz "for funzies" list since forever. It's just hilarious that for some reason its now OP as fuck.
>>
>>54633036
Not your friend, chum.
>>
>>54633038
>I'm assuming they have specific rules? Can I run those and still have them be 'my dudes'?
Yes. Basically you make up a Chapter, pick a parent Chapter from which it inherits Chapter Tactics from, and choose White Scars as that parent chapter. Then you get their bonuses and stratagem and so on.
>>
>>54632911

>Imo the Redemptor suffers from trying to mix the more humanoid designs with the boxy design.

Very much so. It has an even boxier body than the Castaferrum, but rounder limbs than the Contemptor. End result hits near-Ork levels of patchwork design.
>>
>>54633011
>which also just HAPPENED to be one of the most powerful WAAC lists this edition?
Nobody who owns 200 painted boys at this current moment could possibly have done so because of their power in current edition. And yes it is a fun list.
>>
>>54633056
My face when I already had 300+ boys painted, as well as 9 weirdboyz. Sorted for this edition without having to buy any models
>>
>>54632895
What, Skitarii, the army where infantry are best ran in two or so units of ten and then just a bunch of crawlers and Kastelans around Cawl? Or Scions, where they're similar except in planes, so you don't even see half the models? Less there than a lot of 1kSons or GK armies, since they don't do a huge amount else. It varies pretty vastly depending on what playstyle you have.

So if having say, 35 models is not a"kid army", at what point is there not viable targets for Knight weapons? They are decent at killing anything Marine upwards given Avenger Cannon and their assorted minor weapons, their melee is pretty good at similar levels or slightly more elite. Unless it's nothing but basic infantry, there will be stuff worth the Knight's time to kill. There are very few armies that can function well while keeping such a large number of their points that spread out, even a couple units of heavy ordnance are usually required.
>>
>>54633069
Sounds pretty easy, I'll have to check it out and figure out some fluff, thanks anon
>>
>>54633093
Literally a guy posting here yesterday that did it in a week
>>
>>54632869
>Astartes under anyone but the Emperor
>Custodes under anyone but the Emperor
>Navis Nobilite under anyone but the Emperor
Where is this list from because it don't seem right
>>
Are Aggressors worth the cost? I'm debating getting a Redemptor and an Aggressor squad or two Aggressor squads.
>>
>>54633095

Unique weirdboyz or did you buy 9 of the same models?
>>
>>54633147
Me too, I really like the Aggressers. I'm nit sure if I should stick with bolsters or flamets.
>>
>>54633147
Stick a bunch of them in a repulsor and they will steamroll
>>
>>54633170

I'm sure you can magnetize them.
>>
>>54632443
You are going to get ass stomped by heavy weapon spam and vehicles.
>>
>>54633149
They're the old metal ork that looked like a court jester
>>
How many Fenrisian Wolves is too many?
>>
>>54633140
Astartes has been under the Administratum for forever. And the Custodes have been conscripted from the High Lords of Terra for a long time too. I thought Navis Nobilite was a part of the High Lords as well, which led me to think this is either new or has been retcon'd.

I cannot locate the source material. I just know I have had the pic for forever. So, anytime 3rd or later.
>>
>>54632763
>Okay look, I know you are literally the Emperor's bodyguards and companions who he fought side by side with on countless battles, but you have to do what I say other wise your a heretic :^)
The answer is no, An inquistor can barely request help from the Astartes without offering them massive rewards. And even then most would just tell thim to fuck off. This also applies to the High Lords as well.
>>
>>54633147
I was doubtful but they're really growing on me. Bolters mostly, though I'll try flamer ones out too soon.
>>
Is this too much for a 750 patrol (as in the mission).

Archon w/Blaster and Agonizer

Kabalite Warriors x10 w/Blaster, Splinter Cannon, and Phantasm Launcher

Trueborn x5 w/Blaster x2, Dark Lance x2, and Phantasm Launcher

Hellions x11

Raider w/Disintegrator and Prow
Raider w/Disintegrator and Prow

I'm up against space Marines, who will also have an extra 30pts (780), which is why I'm going with a disintegrator.
>>
>>54633241
No, all of them take orders directly from the Emperor, anyone else would just be performing a favor.
>>
Does playing Ultramarines and using Roboute Guilliman in a 2000 point game make me a dick?

I realize he's good but is he too good?
>>
>>54633279
This makes literally no sense. What even is this.
>>
>>54633295
Yes hes too good.
>>
>>54633232
Over 30
>>
>>54633300
The fucked up bureacracy of the Imperium.
>>
>>54633147

They would be underwhelming if they were 60-ish points like everyone was expecting, but at 43 points a pop they're the single cheapest way to get marine bolter/flamer shots even without using their shoot twice ability which puts them over the top
>>
>>54633300
>>54633318
I should clarify, this is how the different groups of the Imperium interact based on resources.
>>
>>54633295
>Does
>using Roboute Guilliman in a
>game make me a dick?

Yes
>>
How many Tzaangors should I use to balance out my rubrics?
>>
>>54633295
2000 is about the perfect points range for him. On that note anyone have any particularly grand stories of knocking row boat down? I watched him get immolated by some orks and the guy playing guilly lose his shit at the loss of his liege.
>>
Memes aside should I go LR Crusader or Stormraven for BA?
>>
>>54633356
So what I posted is the hierarchy and what you posted is the pecking order be means-and-needs?

This is why I don't play as Humans anymore. I can just wave my hands and declare it doesn't matter. That is until every Dark Heresy session...
>>
>>54633149
This lad
>>
I know the 8th SM codex is up in the links, but figured I should just list some fluff bits I noticed that may not be seen by the lazy:

>The 3 new implants Primaris gets are Sinew Coils (a type of wire/metal hybrid muscle frame that makes you stronger/more durable), The Magnificat (a brain implant that gives you better regeneration and senses/reactions), and the Belisarian Furance (connected to both hearts, it generates combat stimms and can be activated to make you regenerate faster, though this will make it go into hibernation for some time).

>The Magnificat was half of the "god-maker" implant of the Emperor, which is in every Primarch's brain. Cawl was only able to find info on the left side while info on the right was destroyed by somebody. Implied that if Cawl finds the right side he can at least try to make new primarch's

>Cawl's flagship is an ark mechanicus called the zar-quaesitor which is huge as fuc and basically his mobile lab, churning out all initial primaris marines and tech

>Rynn's world gets invaded again, this time by Chaos. Crimson Fists are on verge of destruction again. Guilliman arrives with Primaris marines already in Crimson Fist colors and they win. Crimson Fists worship the new Primaris Marines as fulfilling Rogal Dorn's ideals better

>Good little tidbit of a war of faith launched by the ecclesiarchy that had the black templars/sisters of battle/zealots. 2 High Marshals were successively killed by Eldar in it, and the Ecclesiarch panicked and called it off. However the new High Marshal refused the order and continued the campaign on his own until every Eldar was dead

>Jaghatai Khan's disappearance is expanded slightly. During the Scouring was fighting to liberate the sectors around chogoris from pro-horus white scars and dark eldar that moved in during the heresy. That's when he chased some dark eldar into the webway

Part 2 incoming
>>
>>54633279
I'm surprised there's overlap between the Ministorum and Titan Legions. You'd think the AdMech would be more possessive.
>>
>>54633403
>The Nova Terra Interregnum apparently had a lot of heavy fighting in it, it wasn't just a political split. The Imperium's resources were so exhausted fighting Nova Terra during it that some neutral SM Chapter’s had to wage campaigns against xenos/heretics by themselves (like White Scars)

>Guilliman employed the Black Templars to protect Shrine Worlds specifically during the whole great rift/indomitus crusade mess, where they fought against chaos with sisters of battle a lot. It seems GW is making Black Templars + Sister of Battle team ups an emphasis.

>Some significant worlds seen on the other side of the Great Rift map such as Tallarn, Ophelia, and Gathalamor are mentioned as being liberated during the Indomitus Crusade

>Catachan was swallowed by the Great Rift and invaded by daemons. But when Guilliman’s fleet arrived they found that the Catachan PDF had already won

>Chogoris was invaded by Huron Blackheart but the Scars managed to drive them off. They’re pissed at the Red Corsairs and have declared some sort of vendetta against them

>The White Scars chapter master Jubal is MIA, he boarded a space station the red corsairs have taken over and it blew up. He’s declared missing and “status unknown”.
>>
>>54633403

>Rynn's world gets invaded again, this time by Chaos. Crimson Fists are on verge of destruction again. Guilliman arrives with Primaris marines already in Crimson Fist colors and they win. Crimson Fists worship the new Primaris Marines as fulfilling Rogal Dorn's ideals better

Ehhhhh..... It's not quite that bad. They're just happy they won't go extinct and that some of the Primaris had seen Dorn.
>>
>>54633385
The hierarchy appears incorrect, the only source I can find for the image is the wiki, and it has no citations on it.
>>
>>54633447
It's from the rulebook.
>>
>>54633423

>Catachan was swallowed by the Great Rift and invaded by daemons. But when Guilliman’s fleet arrived they found that the Catachan PDF had already won

This was one of my favorite bits. Don't fuck with Catachans.
>>
>>54632612
Nothing, just up the price of conscripts. If people want to pay upwards of $1500 to fill half the table with conscripts, GW will always approve.
>>
>>54632321
How are Deathwatch looking in 8th lads
>>
>>54633494

I don't even play Catachans, and overall have never been a fan, but even I liked the fact they didn't need rescuing
>>
Anyone gonna mention the fact that GW's online store is running outta fucking everything and hasn't restocked some products in weeks?
>>
File: REINFORCEMENTS ARE EN ROUTE.jpg (165KB, 988x404px) Image search: [Google]
REINFORCEMENTS ARE EN ROUTE.jpg
165KB, 988x404px
>>54632894
>Kitting out some Death Company. What weapons are worth stocking up on?
Any advice? I got all of pic related to work with. Already have 3 Power Fists, 2 Thunderhammers, 2 Inferno Pistols, 2 Power Swords, and 16 BP+CS mooks.
Bitz are not an issue.
>>
>>54633423
>But when Guilliman’s fleet arrived they found that the Catachan PDF had already won
fuck off chaos, we're full
>>
>>54633409
Ministorum likes using the titan legions in their wars.
>>
>>54633423
>>The White Scars chapter master Jubal is MIA, he boarded a space station the red corsairs have taken over and it blew up. He’s declared missing and “status unknown”.

Kor'sarro Khan is going to be made Chapter Master.
>>
>>54632443
half my army could table this army turn 1 (astra militarum)
>>
>>54633403
>Cawl's flagship is an ark mechanicus called the zar-quaesitor

He already lost the Iron Revenant fighting the entirety of the Black Crusade fleet. How many Arks does this guy have?
>>
>>54633109
Expanding on this a little more, fielding a bike army should I be expecting to be charging into melee, playing shooty bang, or a mix of both?
>>
>>54633531

You can even do it now by using the Chapter Master stratagem, as Kor'sarro is a "Adeptus Astartes Captain" model
>>
>>54633403
>>Rynn's world gets invaded again, this time by Chaos. Crimson Fists are on verge of destruction again. Guilliman arrives with Primaris marines already in Crimson Fist colors and they win. Crimson Fists worship the new Primaris Marines as fulfilling Rogal Dorn's ideals better
Why tho
>>
>>54633470
No shit. Could you be a little more specific?
>>
>>54633522
Their production team is way understaffed right now apparently and can't meet the new demands from 8th. They'll expand soon, give it time. You can't just upscale overnight. I don't think people realize just how successful 8th edition was. GWs stock skyrocketed to the far beyond the highest point it has ever been in history.
>>
>>54633494
Even Daemons can't survive on Catachan.
>>
>>54633518
Very expensive in ppm, frag cannons for 40 points are pretty awful.
>>
>>54632761
it's not about the math at this point. its more about your screeching autism towards low model count armies. its like you're butthurt that people are spending less on this hobby than you are, or doing less painting.

its almost like you think you should be rewarded for spending more money and time on this hobby than your opponent.

like maybe the game should just be two people weighing their armies on a scale and whoever brought more plastic wins?

I'm guessing you got touched by a riptide wing in 7th and the only way you could cope was to convince yourself that your guard blob army was a "real man's army" with whatever context that holds in a game where grown adults play with toys.
>>
>>54633561
Nope. Look it up yourself if you truly want to know, I can't be assed.
>>
>>54633568
>Making a decently balanced game saved the company

Who would have thought huh?
>>
So double Aggressors then? Is the Redemptor balls for what it is?
>>
>>54633403
There were also a few sentences about Orkz and Humans forging an uneasy truce to fight off demons, possibly the last mention of Ork/Human cooperation on Rynn's World since Rogue Trader.
>>
>>54633423
>>Catachan was swallowed by the Great Rift and invaded by daemons. But when Guilliman’s fleet arrived they found that the Catachan PDF had already won

This is the type of fluff I miss. Also +1 for PDF being useful for once
>>
>>54633561
You sir are an ass and not mah nigga.
>>
>>54632842
The inquisition has absolute authority.

An Inquisitor without strings to pull is just a man. Ask the dark angels.
>>
>>54633600

If you ignore the leviathan the redemptor is completely fine

With the leviathan it's hard not to spend the extra 100 points for the extra survivability

Taking a redemptor isn't going to throw your game though, it's pretty good, which is just lower tier than Fucking Broken OP FW p2w bullshit
>>
>>54633561
6th edition rulebook.
>>
>>54633614
>endless fluff wank about how Chaos are the ultimate bad guys from carnac
>daemons got btfo from a PDF force
Ahahahahahahahah glorious
>>
>>54633589
>>54633568
It was timed quite well too, a whole lot of WmH players are bailing after the mk3 debacle

I'm certainly one of them
>>
>>54633658
Actually what attacked Catachan isn't known.
>>
File: Catachan.jpg (23KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
Catachan.jpg
23KB, 310x310px
>>54633614
Well, it was on Catachan. Half the daemons were probably eaten by the wildlife, while the other half was Marbo'd by the general populace.
>>
>>54633641
Then they can demand a Custodian or SoS to work for them then. Alas it seems not. I loved the idea of a single Custodian and SoS working with a powerful Lord Inquisitor.

>>54633614
They retconned Gathering Storm already? According to that, Catachan was invaded by Orks and a Void Whale.

>>54633658
It's irrelevant. Codex always big up the main codex side. Chaos codex will do the same.
>>
>>54633664
Warmahordes I think was living on borrowed time even before that, most of their fanbase to begin with was 40k players that switched over within the last 10 years when GW was being shit. But it definitely didn't help that they were already screwing up when GW fixed things.
>>
>>54633614
>>54633658
To be fair this is Catachan, even their PDF has been through more shit than some veteran regiments just from training on Catachan.
>>
>>54633681
> Invaded by daemons.
>>
Were Renegade Mutants and Renegade Militia always 5+ to hit?

I really want to play my Tzeentch renegades *as* R&H rather than counts-as IG, but lordy I just get more and more buttmad the longer I look through their list.
>>
>>54633700
GW has already rendered most of the conflicts involving Imperials they were setting up in The Gathering storm moot, solved by Guilliman and his crusade.
>>
>>54633664
To be fair, warmachine took advantage of the hate 6th and 7th editions received, yet failed to capitalize on their influx of players. Instead they kept the status quo and ran it into the ground.
>>
>>54632612
Up them to 4 points and Infantry squads to 50 points base. 4 for Cons, 5 for infantry, 6 for Vets, makes the most sense.
>>
>>54633714
The codex just says "By the time Imperial forces Reached Catachan, all followers of the Dark Gods there had already been defeated by the local Astra Militarum".
>>
>>54633714
>By the time the Imperial forces reached Catachan, all followers of the Dark Gods there had already been defeated by the local Astra Militarum. The crusade halted there all the same for reinforcement. Despite heavy losses, the Indomitus Crusade was larger when it departed Catachan than when it first left Terra.

Doesn't talk about daemons.
>>
>>54633658
>Chaos can't even take Rambo land. Hahahahahaha
>>
>>54633763
>Despite heavy losses, the Indomitus Crusade was larger when it departed Catachan than when it first left Terra.
Holy fuck. Is this a hint at new plastic Catachans?
>>
>>54633664
What was the mk3 debacle?
>>
>>54633729
Yeah that shit is such lazy writing

>Planet in danger
>At crucial moment Gorillaman arrives !
>Helps out, drops off the chad marines related to the local marines
>This happened at every planet somehow
>>
>>54633523
Sweet spot for hammers is probably 3 per 10. Otherwise power swords look pretty good.
>>
Can I use valkyrie just as a gunship? I want to do heavy bolters, missile pods, and a multilasers and just throw dice a bunch of infantry units. I don't really need the grav chutes drop as scions can already deepstrike and I don't plan on doing deepstriking ogryns
>>
>>54633366
I've killed him once but it wasn't really that grand, took out his screen with Heavy-Grav then turned him into a pile of goo with a neutron laser. The dice were just completely against him that game...

Too bad too, the player was actually a pretty cool dude about it, he even specifically asked if he could use Roboat and everything.
>>
>>54633788
3rd Edition Warmahordes got released, was a steaming pile of garbage
>>
File: Arbites2.jpg (37KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
Arbites2.jpg
37KB, 600x449px
>>54632321
Not sure how anyone could like such udder nonsense.

>>54632481
>Are we the bullshit army?
Only with conscript spam. If you only use one or two units of them, enemies can still win decently.
>>
Do grav-flux bombards from relic leviathans actually deal with blobs well, or not really?
>>
>>54633825
You can take Dedicated Transports without putting anything in them
>>
>>54633825
Maybe if you like hitting on 5+ with everything
>>
>>54633792
It also doesn't help that his Primaris are universally praised.
>>
>>54633556
Shoot your gun when you cant charge
When you can, shoot your gun anyways then charge in
How it always is
You can also use your bikes to deliver melta or plasma and only shoot though
>>
>>54632321
Should have named it
>Mooneus Cowgar
>>
>>54633788
GW released plastic mk3 armour and it was so sexy that even warmachine players wanted it.
>>
>>54633792
It's unfortunate too because there were several possibly interesting conflicts being set up. Agrippina was being invaded, Catachan was being invaded, Tallarn, Mordan. Hell just something revolving around Imperial forces trapped on the other side of the Great Rift could have made for an interesting narrative.

But nope, GW just solves it all in a couple of paragraphs so they can push nu-Marines.
>>
>>54633722
Yes

Tzeentch is the worst, btw. You get no usable benefit
>>
>>54633865
>implying warmachine players care about model quality
>>
>>54633826
How'd you find the new Gravaphrons? I have six of them sitting around waiting to be painted and I'm wondering where to put them in the paint queue. I know they're not their old glory, but are they still worth using in your opinion?
>>
>>54633852
Which is why you get all the dakka and pretend your playing orks
>>
>>54633828
Ok but y tho?
>>
>>54633876
I know, but Tzeentch is my favorite Chaos God and I was planning the army in my head before I knew there even were rules for R&H. I'm emotionally attached and can't go back.
>>
>>54633898
Not him, but local players got pissed that they allowed pre-measuring
>>
>>54633898
Because the warmachines are steam powered, duh.
>>
>>54633876
This meme is so dumb
When it says "Overwatch hits on 6+ always regardless of modifiers" it means things that give you +1 to hit in general, like aura effects.
If it specifically says "+1 to hit on overwatch rolls" then it overrides it, and you get overwatch on 5+

Surprised they didn't FAQ this away
>>
>>54633786
>"modern" plastic catachan infantry squad
I would immediately start catachans
>>
>>54633887
They were that good.
>>
>>54633898
Massive changes to the game that pretty much invalidated a lot of popular army compositions.
>>
File: 1487650629511.jpg (216KB, 812x850px) Image search: [Google]
1487650629511.jpg
216KB, 812x850px
>>54633923
God no. Pretty much any fucking regiment is better than those pieces of shit. Let the retarded wannabe Rambos die.
>>
>>54633907
That's it? They allow you to not guess on your ranges and everyone jumps ship?
>>
found a guy that makes 28mm FAL's and I kind of want to make acolytes for my inquistor warband using them. I'm torn between kitbashing around Catachans or making them look more stormtroopy

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2JMJV32RW/28mm-fn-fal-rifles-10
>>
>>54633898
Balance of a lot of stuff was thrown out the window

A lot of the fluffier stuff got removed

Premeasuring was fine to a degree, but it led to a lot of kiting in the worst possible way

The new rules mostly just exacerbated the existing problems with the game, and did nothing do help with the burnout a lot of players were feeling

The way they dealt with the community was pretty arrogant and shitty, and they axed the forums in part because of it
>>
>>54633906
Good.

7th R&H were shitty, but incredibly flavorful IG and their flavor turned them into a fucking horrifying force.

In 8th, they're shitty IG but not flavorful. More like someone spilled Cumin on it and ruined the dish

>>54633920
I know, and honestly, only the most scummy player would look at the rule and insist you get no benefit

>>54633954
You'd have to ask the warmahordes general for specifics but that's the only thing i remember from the general grumbling of warmahordes release
>>
>>54633889
I still really like them, though I do baby them with a tech-priest to help with rolls so they're a pretty damn expensive unit.

But I love how they look and sometimes they can really bring the pain.
>>
>>54633963
>and they axed the forums in part because of it

I hope GW brings theirs back one day.
I'd like to bask in the terribleness of it.
>>
File: 20170731_202414-3024x1701.jpg (1MB, 3024x1701px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_202414-3024x1701.jpg
1MB, 3024x1701px
Swiggity swooty, we're coming for that necron booty.
>>
>>54634003
GW mentioned a new feedback forum as part of their plans for 8th so we'll see.
>>
>>54633859
Sounds pretty straight forward, I dig it, and Meltas on bikes sounds like what I was thinking of earlier so I'll probably have a few of those.

I'll have to learn more about rules and stuff before I build them and it will take some time to make a proper crew of dude, but I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>54633920
Even so, it's much more situational than the other 3 covenants (except maybe Nurgle) and useless on models with no ranged weapons. Plus the Slaanesh benefit is so good that I feel almost obligated to take it if I want any chance at not losing
>>
>>54634005
Yea, you wont have any troubles. The idiot is fielding Warriors instead of Tesla Immortals. The scrub.
>>
>>54634005
Damn son those necrons are figgidy fucked. How'd they get in that predicament?
>>
File: IMG_2747.jpg (268KB, 640x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2747.jpg
268KB, 640x758px
IRON WARRIORS TACTICS WHEN
>>
>>54634005
So what cunt brought the baneblade?

and where is the rest of the necron forces?
>>
>>54634005
I need some context for a Baneblade sitting in the middle while Daemons fight automotons
>>
File: 1314925887031.jpg (50KB, 458x357px) Image search: [Google]
1314925887031.jpg
50KB, 458x357px
>>54633952
>wannabe rambos
they're the squad in predator, just made into a full army

marbo is rambo

also fuck you space muscle men army is the best army
>>
Guys.

I'm out of Gin, should I go to TJs and get more or stay here and wish for more Gin?
>>
File: 45416468464654156.jpg (175KB, 798x444px) Image search: [Google]
45416468464654156.jpg
175KB, 798x444px
>>54634080
Place your bets!

>Advance+Fire at -1BS
>Cultists give <Iron Warriors> +1 Cover save
>Can fire at an enemy units thats locked in combat with -1BS.
>>
Does anyone have a page # for the list of restrictions that the non-Codex SM Chapters have about the new stuff from Codex:SM? I remember seeing it a few days ago, something about Blood Angels being forced to take chainswords instead of power swords or something.
>>
>>54634110
I've love to see a squad of catachan vet's built like the squad from Predator
>>
>>54634133
that gin isn't gonna buy and then drink itself anon.
>>
>>54634134
God damn I want that cultist cover, so Fucking fluffy
>>
>>54633846
Dual grav flux kills 2.2+2.2 per 5 models of pretty much anything up to t4 without an invuln. So 15 out of 30 boyz or 24/50 conscripts.
>>
>>54634133
gin is for fairies drink vodka instead.
>>
>>54634176
Clear liquor is for women on a diet. Drink whiskey or rum.
>>
>>54634134
+1 Victory Point if you never crack a smile during the game
>>
Is it still kosher to bring a single understrength unit so that you can fit an HQ into the transport, or did that get FAQ'd out at some point?

If so, do you have to pay for mandatory wargear on the missing man, or just the body?
>>
>>54634176
Vodka is made by Russian fairies for fairies. Buy whiskey you gits.
>>
>>54634187
You must drink a lot of wine
>>
>>54634134
I wish Chaos got more benefits for using cultists.

They're literally bodies they throw at the enemy but they don't really do anything to fill that roll in 8th. In 7th Lookoutsir and that Helbrute formation did it, but now...

>>54634176
G&T for these summer evenings is the drink of the Gods
>>54634187
But I eat like a woman on a diet and am a gym rat because of deeply rooted self-esteem issues implanted by my parents 100% true, anonymity is a wonderful thing
>>
>>54634198
Got FAQ'd, you can do it, but it has to be in an Auxiliary Support Detachment on it's own, so you lose a CP
>>
So are legion tactics as shitty as I think they are?

Like the Iron Warriors and Emperor's Children have tactics that might be considered middle of the road in the SM codex...the rest are laughably bad shit tier.

Am I wrong in this?
>>
>>54634207
more like whine.
>>
>>54634198
You can still do it but you have to burn a command point for it.
>>
>>54633825
You can but a Vulture does it way better with the Heavy 40 gatling gun. I do the same thing with the Valkyrie as you do, but I load up with 4 Bullgryn.
>>
>>54634187
>>54634204
>whiskey

Do you mean whisky?
>>
>>54634134

+1 cover, -1 opposing cover.

Sorry dude. you are wrong.
>>
>>54634217
>G&T for these summer evenings is the drink of the Gods
Good man

Shame it's winter down here
>>
>>54634237
You a Scot or a Mick? Sounding like a haggis-fucker to me.
>>
>>54634222
Wasnt aware the IW tactics were out
>>
Mixed drinks are for children and poofs that can't handle it straight.
>>
>>54634005
Obligatory "paint your fucking models".

That said, get 'em.
>>
>>54634222
>Like the Iron Warriors... have tactics
Source? Or are you talking about the "+1 to your cover, -1 to enemy's cover" rumor?
>>
>>54634221
>>54634228
Well, it's better than nothing. Thanks.

Why can't I hold all these FAQs?
>>
>>54634256
I'm a man who knows how to properly spell whisky is all.
>>
How do tau drones work for victory points now?

by taking a drone am i doubling the victory points the unit can give up ?
>>
File: tenderloin.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tenderloin.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
>>54634276

it's not really a rumor. The EC one was confirmed, just a bit wonky. Accept your shit-tier tactics, chaos-kun.
>>
ok adding 2 more assholes to my army.. i want to go mainly black with sliver trim and gold trim ( i want my vehicles to be black legion, so i can use them with every chaos army i field .. aka one week death guard + emperors children other week another combo)

suggestions?
>>
>>54633514
Except that's the basic infantry kit for every guard army, so how about no. If they made a new, more expensive kit for conscripts however...I probably wouldn't care. It wouldn't really affect me since I don't use them. I don't want to have to move that many bodies around a table; vets and normal guard work fine for me.
>>
Do you guys think that since the campaign is so one sided, GW will add things to try and balance it in the next stages?
>>
>>54634339
>2 more assholes

? Two more characters,,,?
>>
File: wip adding on.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
wip adding on.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>54634339
left pic out. these are the 2 assholes
>>
File: slowpoke.jpg (34KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.jpg
34KB, 800x800px
I don't come here often.
What happened to the MEGA with all the novels?
>>
>>54634343
No. They didn't bother with season of war but having the Chaos codex out might help level the playing field a bit.
>>
>>54634360
SEE >>54634362
>>
File: konor deploy.jpg (158KB, 833x585px) Image search: [Google]
konor deploy.jpg
158KB, 833x585px
So today was pretty hilarious

We played this weeks Konor mission right? Well I was Orkz, he was Chaos, and we had to roll the defender because no Imperial player.

So I got defender, and got to start my army of 150 boyz right at the middle of the table lel. Poor fucker never stood a chance from my '''defensive''' army.
>>
>>54634338
>Always striking first in close combat is bad

Show us on the doll where the CSM touched you anon
>>
>>54634362
Is t just me or does your paint look grainy and lumpy?
>>
>>54634365
It's the first link under >other megas
>40k>Background
>>
>>54634365
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!woowmQpJ
>>
>>54634396
>Is t just me or does your paint look grainy and lumpy?
it's not .. i have no idea why it keeps looking tlke that when i take a pic
>>
>>54634384
Was this a private match, or an actual match for the event? If it was an ACTUAL match for the event why the fuck was there only two people?
>>
>>54634389
It only works in combats that have more than 2 EC units in it, and only on the second turn of that combat

It's pretty weak compared to a lot of the SM ones
>>
>>54634362
>That curtain on the left

What are you, grandma ? top kek
>>
>>54634413
Our store's only had a handful of players for the event too
>>
>>54634110
Thank you for saving my drawing from like 9 years ago.
>>
>>54634420
>What are you, grandma ? top kek
wasn't my choice ..
>>
>>54634413
what event? Is there supposed to be some big store ran game or something?

I mean we played in a store, but we played a game of just me and him.
>>
File: 1501527961910.jpg (13KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501527961910.jpg
13KB, 184x184px
>>54634384
Feels good doesn't it?
>>
>>54634413
The fuck are you even talking about
>>
Is it just me, or are the BL audiobooks a complete ripoff? Like, their production quality is better but not worth $20 for a little over one hour of audio. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>54634338
>Accept your shit-tier tactics, chaos-kun.
I'm not chaos! I'm completely loyal servant of the God Emperor's Imperium and not the heretical "gods" of chaos (especially Khorne)!
After all, I play Flesh Tearers!
>>
What stratagems can I use as Krieg or other FW factions?
>>
>>54634406
>>54634403
How does the Imperium treat mental retardation?
I am in need or urgent care.
>>
Iron Warriors Tactic: No penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons

Night Lords: -1 to leadership for morale tests when a night lords unit has removed 1 or more models,
>>
>>54634415
I think its fine
>charge enemy unit don't wipe them out
>his turn is basically now forced to retreat
>>
>>54634451
The same three literally everyone has access to atm.
>>
File: 1487983659780.jpg (157KB, 548x783px) Image search: [Google]
1487983659780.jpg
157KB, 548x783px
>>54634434
>>54634443
It's a campaign with recorded points. Ergo it should have more than 2 players.

Every store around me has had a full event day. Are your areas so shitty you can't get a proper amount of people to play?
>>
>>54634415
>It only works in combats that have more than 2 EC units in it
... Have you even read what it does ? Do you even realize it means that EC basically use the Counter Assault strategem for free, and multiple times in the same phase ?
>>
>>54634454
>Night Lords: -1 to leadership for morale tests when a night lords unit has removed 1 or more models,
please tell me this stacks
>>
How do I beat Tau with Orks? Fuck you Max.
>>
>>54634389

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the EC and the IW are the only ones that are half decent. I acknowledge that going first in combat is good.

Is it as good as two free re-rolls per unit per turn? Is it as good as -1 to hit on everything with a long range gun? Is it as good as a warlord trait for every model in your fucking army?

No!
>>
>>54634480
How many boyz do you own?
>>
>>54634470
It runs for a week. You don't need a tournament's worth of players every day, games will trickle in.
>>
File: 1374753180255.jpg (3MB, 2506x3172px) Image search: [Google]
1374753180255.jpg
3MB, 2506x3172px
>>54634480
>>
>>54634451
The ones in the rule book forgeworld NPC.
>>
>>54634384

An ork fighting for the Imperium?

Hope your warboss likes sucking Guilliman's cock, greencuck. Maybe he'll be nice and write a codex for you too, then you can follow the rules like a good boy!
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (58KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
58KB, 600x625px
What helmet does pic related have?
>>
>>54634479
>>54634479
No, that would be stupid.
>>
File: mutants.jpg (138KB, 731x455px) Image search: [Google]
mutants.jpg
138KB, 731x455px
So are horde armies completely OP this edition?

I'm actually making a fluffy Lost and the Damned themed army with a TON of mutants and cultists (easily 200+ infantry right now). I want to keep it fun to play against - in the sense of "hey want to see if you can stop my huge rabble of guys?"

Though reading this stuff about Imperial Guard conscripts, seems like its pretty unfun.
>>
>>54634440
It's pretty alright, I have a pretty good track record with my boys this edition, I have to admit though, a lot of it is from my opponents underestimating my units.

Like I had a GK player that had a big huge squad of termies sit there to hold an objective, he thought he could absorb the charge, I rolled really high charge, bubble wrapped him, and gave him literally 50 wounds he had to save against. needless to say they folded.
>>
>>54634471
They get the worst stratagem for free
Sweet
Compared to Raven Guard which get an amazing tactic, or salamanders which get a reroll to hit and wound per turn on every unit.

So yeah, compared to SM, sub par.
>>
>>54634470
Why should you have more than two players? The mission is even worded with the assumption that two people will be playing it.

Considering you can get points just for painting shit it's pretty clear it's intended for players to play a lot of games, not a few big games.
>>
>>54634517
red scorpions honour guard
>>
>>54634526
Depends on the horde
hundreds of cultists would still be pretty bad
>>
>>54634509
The game mode is definitely balanced for more players, however. The attacking player in a 1v1 is pretty much always fucked.
>>
>>54634526
>I'm playing an army, by it's very nature is not fun to play with, or against
>Is this a bad idea

Really?
>>
>>54634526
They aren't. It's a meme. Elite armies are the OP ones.
>>
>>54634508
90 something.
>>
>>54634548
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54634479

Ask the guy who wrote the rules, anon. He's right here in this thread. Because that is pointless wish-listing.

Your real tactic is a -1 leadership for every NL unit within 6''. It does stack! It should do some real damage against uh...um...wait, what armies have problems with morale again? Oh, none of them? Ok, cool.
>>
>>54634526
Guard/Orks/etc yes.

Renegades? Nah, you'll get fucked.
>>
>>54634543
Man I'd love to play against a fluffy culitst horde, that seems like a fun game.
>>
>>54634470
It doesn't work like that.
You just report your victories to GW.
>>
File: 1501053507775.png (80KB, 440x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501053507775.png
80KB, 440x400px
>>54634516

Says the NPCs who would be losing even harder if Daddy Xenos wasn't around to help.
>>
>>54634548
haha good one
>>
>>54634516
Listen faggot Xenos get to deny victories from whichever side, so far I've only taken from Imperium because I think it'll make the narrative more interesting but sometimes I forget what kind of malicious cocksuckers you autistic chaosfags can be.
>>
>>54633423
>>Catachan was swallowed by the Great Rift and invaded by daemons. But when Guilliman’s fleet arrived they found that the Catachan PDF had already won

Daemonic casualty breakdown:

>10% choken in actively carnivorous vegetation
>20% killed by a single Nurlging accidentally waking up a Barking Toad
>5% Marbo (Day 1)
>35% Marbo (Day2)
>10% Catachan Devils
>10% Stonetooth Harker discovering the wonders of a backpack-mounted ammo feed
>5% Nork headbutting Daemon Engines
>5% Straken arm-wrestling a Bloodthirster and then murdering it and his entire legion with its own torn-off arm

They never stood a chance.
>>
File: 1501538337545.png (443KB, 473x554px) Image search: [Google]
1501538337545.png
443KB, 473x554px
>>54634548
>"Hey guys look at me I'm retarded!"
>>
>>54634558
Get some more, get some weirdboyz, teleport your guys into their deployment zone

Tankbustas in Trukks and Stormboyz are good too
>>
>>54634526
Do it man do it and post results the damned deserve a win bruh.
>>
>>54634454
The IW one will actually make Defilers and Forgefiends not complete shit.
>>
>>54634535
Thanks fampai.
>>
>>54634530
Because the balance is complete shit with only two players.
>>
>>54634528
>They get the worst stratagem for free
If you only play against shooting armies maybe. In my games against Orks and Tyranids the correct timing and use of that strategem has meant the difference between losing a unit without it being able to lift a finger, or still taking something with it and having a decent chance to survive.
>>
>>54634564
Only if your opponent uses movement trays

The movement and shooting phase take so god damn long, not even counting the time it takes to slide 100s of guys around 3 inches in assault

You think it's going to be thematic and interesting but all that ends up happening is you wind up annoyed.

If you drink while playing, then it probably will be mor interersting
>>
>>54634470
My store's had over a dozen games, but we aren't do them on one specific day, just let players come in and play someone and then record their games.
>>
>>54634548

Played at the BAO this weekend, anon.

The top lists all had a minimum of 50 conscripts. The lists just below that were tau commander-bomb lists that utterly annihilated any list without 50 conscripts.

First turn, tau dude advances an infiltrated squad of stealth suits in front of my lines, drops a teleport beacon down, drops 4 commanders, a unit of bodyguards, and four units of drones 1'' away from my lines.

Kills everything.

I ask, earnestly curious: "How do I possibly defend against this?"

He responds: "Have lots of conscripts"
>>
>>54634587
>Fucking idiot

It's gonna be infantry, bikes and hellbrutes only
>>
>>54633658
>>daemons got btfo from a PDF force

To be fair, it's literally Space Vietnam, but with psuedo-Tyranids, crushing gravity, poisonous plants, carnivorous plants, entirely-carnivorous fauna, predominantly man-eating fauna, and a frog that can level a city block by being startled.
>>
>>54634587

Defilers and forgefiends don't have legion tactics, chaos-kun. Only infantry, bikers, and helbrutes have legion tactics.

Sorry about your lord on juggernaut! He doesn't get tactics <:^)
>>
>>54634581
I've done stuff like that but he always shoots em dead. Am I just bad? He basically takes like 60 Fire Warriors and puts them in a giant bubble, while buffing them with other characters. Then he has Suits fly around and kill me too.
>>
>>54634572
Shut the fuck up you NPC bastard all you need to do is keep taking points for the Imperium and only then can you maybe, maybe, graduate to person from NPCuck.
>>
File: 1501192770217.png (56KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501192770217.png
56KB, 225x200px
>>54633568
>>
File: red boyz.jpg (495KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
red boyz.jpg
495KB, 1296x972px
>>54634606
>tfw I finally bought movement trays for my boyz
>>
>>54634610
playing deep strike chicken could also probably work against it
>>
>>54634627
There won't be Chaos Lords on juggernauts anyway, no official model so it will be squatted !
>>
>>54634640
Works until T3, if they don't come down T3 they die. So first player is guaranteed to lose
>>
File: 20160718_083946.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_083946.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
hey smart fags, riddle me this:

what has better odds: a 3+ armor save or a 5+ daemonic save, followed by a 5+ disgustingly resilent (FNP)???
>>
>>54634647
Index literally allows for Chaos Lords to take mounts.

Also, that would be pretty stupid considering that Sorcerers on Discs of Tzeentch already have models.
>>
File: IMG_2690.jpg (255KB, 735x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2690.jpg
255KB, 735x1087px
Reading through the index astartes books, it mentions that the Iron Warriors believe that Rogal Dorn is the one that caused the rebellion on Olympia that forced them to genocide the planet. Is there any basis for this?
>>
>>54634652
I mean, then the whole thing turns into "can I wipe out your MSU shit before T3 so you have to pull the trigger early"
>>
>>54634656
3+, that isn't even math to be checked
>>
>>54634656
the 5+ 5+ 100%
>>
>>54634656
>>54634656
Daemon.
>>
>>54634637
Red ork Anon you just get better and better at life!
>>
>>54634660
For now ...
>>
>>54634666
this guy is trolling, a 5++ inv is 10000% better than a 3+ armor
>>
>>54633423
>>Guilliman employed the Black Templars to protect Shrine Worlds specifically during the whole great rift/indomitus crusade mess, where they fought against chaos with sisters of battle a lot. It seems GW is making Black Templars + Sister of Battle team ups an emphasis.

sweet
>>
>>54634656
3+ has a 66% chance of stopping the wound
5++ 5+++ has a 56% chance of stopping it

3+ is better
>>
>>54634526
Its just boys and conscripts having 4 attacks, they'll get nerfed down to 2 eventually.
>>
>>54634685
They did this in 6th when they changed BT's to liking SoB rather than hating them.
>>
>>54634640

Nah, it didn't.

After he dropped his commanders I thought "well, I'll just drop my guys and kill them all, then I'll be golden"

>Oh, you wounded me with meltaguns? K lol I allocate to my drones.

>Oh, you charged me and brought me down to a single wound? K lol I fly away and murder you.
>>
>>54634687
thanks anon
>>
What boxes have a signum backpack aside from the devastator box?

Or is it just the devastator box.
>>
>>54634661
Doubtful, probably just their paranoia
>>
>>54634702
what was your army?
>>
>>54634702
>Oh, you wounded me with meltaguns? K lol I allocate to my drones.
Could you wipe out the drones with lasguns? If he allocates a single wound to the commander he has to take wounds on it from then on.
>>
>>54634727
Deathwatch have something similar.
>>
>>54634656
3+ saves 2/3 times
5+ saves 1/3 times
2 5+ saves saves 2/3 times
And in this case the 5+ saves cannot be modified, whereas the power armor can get fucked by AP.
>>
>>54634656
The one in the middle looks so surprised
>>
Also to whoever is talking about hordes being OP

I play Boy swarm and I can tell you, anything with some armor dicks me pretty good, vehicles are a lot harder to get rid of with the lads now

Also anything with S4+ with a ton of shots dicks me pretty good too, Like the go to Girllyman lists I see from the tourneys gives me a hard time because of those goddamn dual assault cannon razorbacks

Yes I can mitigate the damage to them, and bring 150 bodies, but at the end of the day I need at least half of them alive when I cross the table to beat whatever it is I'm walking up to to death, and to be able to capture whatever objectives I'm chasing

and don't get me started on trying to keep my characters safe, it's a fucking bitch keeping my characters alive with how deep strikes and shit work now.
>>
>>54634727
There's definitely more because I have 2 of them even though I've never bought a devastator kit since 3rd edition.
>>
>>54634701
oh. Haven't played since 4th, but that's good to know. I alway thought it would be cool. wonder if they will get rules to show it eventually.
>>
>>54634701
Wait they hated them? Kinda figured fanatical psyker hunting dudes would be all buddy buddy with fantaical psyker hunting dudettes...
>>
>>54634749
>The one in the middle looks so surprised

surprised someone painted his fucking ass... the first plague drone I've ever seen painted was my own
>>
>>54634699
>t. someone who has never played against boyswarm
My Boyz better fucking not, it's the only thing keeping them on the table, and certainly not OP
>>
>>54634744
That's not how the math works, senpai
>>
>>54634749
>That smell was ME? Wow I'm quite rank if I do say so myself.
>>
>>54634480
>Fuck you Max.
Fuck you Jon.
>>
>>54632434
make the legs lower, put the plasma cannon in the shoulder socket instead of after its "Elbow" remove the belly armor and redesign the front to have the iconic casket instead of it being covered in extra armor.
>>
>>54632386
I don't reckon we're gonna get anything til the codex, which I'd be surprised if it isn't one of the last.
Lets face it, DE are primarily used by GW to promote CWE stuff.
>>
File: 1495510412622.jpg (59KB, 682x545px) Image search: [Google]
1495510412622.jpg
59KB, 682x545px
>>54632321
>Come back tomorrow, when we’ll be looking at the masters of siege in the 41st Millennium – the Iron Warriors.

THE IRON WITHIN MY PANTS IS TRYING TO BE THE IRON WITHOUT

PLEASE HELP MY PANTS ARE RIPPING
>>
>>54634628
Tau footslog beats ours, ram a bunch of battlewagons or morkanauts into his face
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1200x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1200x1122px
>>54632434
>>
>>54634744
That's not how probablility works.

2 5++ is a 55% chance, though still probably better overall
>>
>>54634756
Templars used to pretty much hate everybody.

This is all just walking them back from being the Loyalist Beserkers they used to be.
>>
>tfw trying to cram a brigade detachment and a knight in 2000 pts without trying to look like a WAAC fag

Feels bad man
>>
>>54634362
If you're adding 2, maulerfiends work well in pairs and will tear vehicles a new arsehole.
>>
File: arnie.jpg (128KB, 736x997px) Image search: [Google]
arnie.jpg
128KB, 736x997px
>>54634816

Yea!!!! I'm so fucking PUMPED to be objectively worse than my loyalist counterparts!!!!
>>
>>54634623
>fucking idiot

Really? Gotta start the conversation like that? Can we act more grown up please?

>>54634627
Well that's just neato. At least Helbrutes count.
>>
>>54634623
LANGUAGE MISTER!
>>
>>54634066

You're still here, scrubguy?! It's been years!
>>
>>54632871
>Contemptors are exactly where dread design started going wrong.

Guy he's replying to here- Personally, I go with the Venerable Dreads with the actual heads that FW started which then spread to plastic.

Even if you go with "it's just a robot head sensor package thing" it's still less of a solid casket than the slab with a window.
>>
>play chaos daemons
>can field basically all of my army including special characters in fantasy, sigmar or 40k
feels good man
>>
File: 9oEH83j.webm (87KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
9oEH83j.webm
87KB, 312x234px
>>54634883
>*makes rasberry sounds*
>>
>>54634548
b-b-but thats wrong
>>
>>54634962
Personally I like the head aesthetically, but not for a marine that's supposed to be on life support.

For them the armorslab with viewport was best.

In my own headcanon, all these dreads with actual heads like Deredeo, Contemptor, Leviathan, etc. Are just normal healthy marines piloting them. Like the GK babycarrier only less retarded looking.
>>
File: gffgsdfg.jpg (31KB, 290x326px) Image search: [Google]
gffgsdfg.jpg
31KB, 290x326px
>>54634972
playing daemons is bliss this edition.

>be me
>play nurgle daemons
>fate of konor campaign
>opponent spends 3 turns trying to delete 30 man blob of plaguebearers
>turn 4 i summon it back
>my opponents face when
>>
>>54635012

I'm fine with them being life support dudes and the helmet just being a sensor package that lets them still sort of look like a marine rather than actually being slotted into the very front of the dread.
>>
>>54634637
where did you get those trays? I may need to buy some myself
>>
Gimme a 1500~ Firedrakes list.
I NEED to have those Sallie Terminators
>>
>>54635032
Wait wat? Gimmie the deets on that'n.
>>
>>54635046
they're a bit pricy, but the quality is pretty damn good

I got all of mine in groups of 10 due to how many guys I can stick in one blob, and to how many die usually

https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/collections/movement-trays/products/custom-round-base-skirmisher-trays
>>
>>54635032
nib0r what? You don't get to summon a deleted unit, you gotta pay for that shit.
>>
>>54635185
f8 of konor campaign my man. Its narative, not matched
>>
>>54635185
Not in narrative play you don't
>>
>>54635189
>>54635194
Oh shit, that is some good stuff
>>
File: K4KPlJ4.png (92KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
K4KPlJ4.png
92KB, 540x304px
MFW Possessed become special needs primaris marines.
>>
What models (from any range) do people use for Primaris Psykers and Astropaths?
>>
how much of a scrub would it make me to just have my marine bases painted in flat grey with no grit or texture or stuff.
>>
>>54635290
Scrub/10
>>
>>54635267
Prepare to have the tard strength unleashed on you, chad
>>
File: z-009655__3.jpg (176KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
z-009655__3.jpg
176KB, 1500x1500px
>>54635290
>>
So what time is this board most popular?
>>
>>54634623
Give it to Contemptors and you have a deal.
>>
>>54635290

I actually don't base my minis at all because it looks really silly to have, for example, "grass" flock and shit on the bases and have them running around in the middle of a city.

Reverse with urban bases and having them run around in the meadows.

I like the plain black honestly and it's not solely because I'm a lazy fuck, because I am.
>>
>>54635300
>>54635317

Dammit

So what about flat green with a couple of tufts of model grass on each base
>>
>>54635290
9/11
>>
>>54635363
Buy some pre-modeled bases but if you can aford then:
> Sand+PVA
> Glue spare parts on some bases
> Paint Black
> Drybrush Grey
> LIGHT drybrush of light bone

Looks like a scorched ground and is easy.
>>
Ey hold on a sec, due to dubious wording on Phosphor rules doesn't it RAW mean a unit attacked doesn't get cover boost for the whole battle?

If so, ha ha
>>
>>54635404
RAW there is nothing stopping me from punching you in the face either. Your point?
>>
>>54635342
Bumping for interest
>>
>>54635412
That it's an interesting and possibly useful rule which can be exploited to major profit?

The average Admech player brings around 6-10 destroyers at a standard 2k game and only has to 'attack'- not even hit- a unit with the gun to deny cover for the WHOLE GAME.

We imperial fists now
>>
Lances or disintegrators on a Razorwing Fighter?
>>
>>54635342
>>54635428

friday night, because instead of going out and having fun like regular young people we like to log onto the internet and brood over the latest op shit that gw releases
>>
>>54635512
As in like what time?
>>
>>54635483
It's pretty clear that's not how the rule works.
Where does it say "For the rest of the battle" anywhere in the entry?
>>
>>>54635534
New thread
>>
>>54635485
Depends on how many other Dark Lances you have in the list.

If you've got enough, Disintegrators, but if you're not sure Dark Lances.
>>
>>54635032
That feel when your opponents throw everything against a 20 man unit of necron warriors, killing 15 and having 10 come back and shoot again

at a 2000 points game, he just killed a 10 man inmortal's unit and a monolith by turn 4
>>
File: 1496597315784.png (447KB, 480x593px) Image search: [Google]
1496597315784.png
447KB, 480x593px
>>54635678
That feel when you casually delegate a unit of Trousertakers to kill a 20 man unit of Warriors with 60+ attacks and make your opponent feel that RP doesn't work
>>
>>54634656
depends, anything with - ap the 5+ 5++ is better.

anything without any ap then the 3+ is better.
>>
>>54635808
trousertakers make my overlords sad
>>
File: 1501020838167.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501020838167.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>54635839
Trousertakers make a lot of things sad, my dude.
>>
>>54635909
There are no trousertakers in my meta, but a guy too fond of wolf cavalry. and that shit is annoying
>>
>>54635572

What is enough? If it matters, I also have a Raven, too.
>>
>>54635808
>>54635909
>>54635974

>Trousertakers

wtf is a trousetaker?
>>
>>54636056
Slacks Stealers
>>
>>54636056
genestealers
>>
>>54635987
>What is enough?
That all depends on the rest of your force and your local meta, really.

I err on the side of more Dark Lances than less, but I like the idea of being able to bust enemy armor as soon as possible, especially with mobile stuff like Dark Eldar; you can use them to get into a good position to snipe poorly placed characters more than other factions.
>>
>>54636068
>>54636070

oh, i get it, hehe. (english is a second language)
>>
>>54636074

At max capacity, I have 5 raiders, a Raven, and 4 infantry (magnetized) that can pack a Lance. I wish bitz weren't impossible to find.
>>
>>54633011
>killing a landraider with 40 boys in a glorious charge
>not fun
time to go to a Catholic school and pray they can hit the gay out of you fagot
>>
>>54636086
What is your mother tongue, then?
>>
>>54636174
spanish
>>
>>54636207
Ah.
>>
File: 20170730_203648.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_203648.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54634066
>>54634073
House rules city game. Also they got fucked.
>>54634099
>>54634107
House rules. He got a shadow sword and got to attack whoever in a free for all.
>>54634273
Had mine for a week. I'm working on it famalam.
>>
>>54632447
The offical GW nomenclature is Codexes, yes it makes me shudder
>>
So am i just misreading the codex, or did they take away weapon options from Land Speeder Storms? Is it HB/Cerberus only now? I have a painted one with a MM already on it.
>>
>>54636277
By the end Chaos died, but we killed a lot of necron, and also appeased khorne so we win.
>>
File: nomorechicken.jpg (17KB, 232x337px) Image search: [Google]
nomorechicken.jpg
17KB, 232x337px
I bought a few sentinels in my local GW today, so I can get my brigade going.

I decided to check the online shop and they're no longer available, not just out of stock.

Are we maybe getting new sentinel models for guard?
>>
>>54632647
Is it a per figure basis? Because CSM should just run cultists up the wazoo if that were the case. Or Brimstone Horrors. Over and over and over again.
>>
>>54637009

It's a per datasheet thing.
Thread posts: 446
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.