[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1642: Hitchhiker's Guide To The Multiverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 606
Thread images: 39

File: JC.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>54577090
>>
File: white mage.jpg (74KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
white mage.jpg
74KB, 600x574px
Got any spells that can bring people back from old age? Not necromancy, real resurrection.
>>
>>54583177
Sims alchemy/culinary
>>
>>54583177
Go Healer in the D&D jump. Rez magic, and one free True Rez rez per week when you hit level 20.
>>
>>54577261
A little late to the thread, but I love it. I've been feeling insecure with my Kars like hair, it didn't feel luscious enough to me.
>>
>>54583238
D&D's rez spells don't work if the death is due to old age. Not even True Rez.
>>
>>54583358
On the other hand, very few old people actually die of old age, it's usually due to age-related complications like cancer, stroke, etc..
>>
Every time I'm about to start my chain some new jump or update gets announced I put it on hold. I've been here for almost a year and I'm wondering if it'll ever happen.
>>
>>54583177
I am uncertain if these will work but it doesn't say they will not in jump. Overlord the anime's divine magic could probably do it since the magic there is ridiculous.
Another one that would probably let you do it is Magika. It's just a very easy Rez.
Barring that there are ways to work around the restriction. Anima has Elan of the goddess of hope that lets them transfer souls in to new bodies if they are a good enough Elan. There are several places like Eclipse phase that will let you create bodies without souls. It's not exactly a spell but it will work.
>>
File: Kiss the Ghoul.png (225KB, 1024x878px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss the Ghoul.png
225KB, 1024x878px
Jumpers, what was your first kiss like?
>>
>>54583177
>>54583238
>>54583358
>>54583393
Provided you have the body and it's been less than a week, the druid spell Reincarnate (or the Wish spell to substitute) can accomplish it.
>>
>>54583435
Actually, while D&D's Reincarnate does give people a new, young adult body, if the death was from old it doesn't work.

So if you're a munchkin, you kill the old geezer before they can kick the bucket naturally.
>>
>>54583421
Completely unexpected.
>>
>>54583177
Chick Tracts has a perk that let's you rez a dude who's been dead up to four years once a year regardless of how they died IIRC.
>>
>>54583464
I don't recall there being an old age clause on Reincarnate.
If there is, then my mistake.

All of that being said... My recommendation would be to revive the old geezer as an undead, then use True Ressurection.
>>
>>54583552
He'd still be an old geezer. Assuming he didn't die of old age, otherwise you can't rez him at all.

And Reincarnate has the old age clause in 3.5, but not in PF.
>>
>>54583421
Messy. I was a cranial parasyte and instinct is just so hard to ignore
>>
>>54583415
Why on earth are you waiting? We get a new jump roughly every second day or so (less, usually).

>>54583421
Like any other, I guess.
>>
>>54583618
Anon, we've talked about this. Waifus are friends, not food.
>>
>>54583421
Does it count if it was before I started jumping?

It was nothing really that amazing or special,like most people were lucky enough to have. I made out with a random Drunk girl at a Bit Shifter concert.
>>
>>54583421
Overwhelming and kind of bizarre feeling to be quite honest, but I got used to it.
>>
File: Sekai Oni.pdf (478KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Sekai Oni.pdf
478KB, 1x1px
Changelog for the new version

Spelling mistakes fixed
Note that being a World Devil removes immunity to Materialised weapons
Changed Imaginary Reality, only works with powers that work in other worlds. Imagination stuff doesn't fit the series
Family clones do not get Recoil
Devilish Constituion clarified
Ended up leaving The Light as a 600 due to it's power boost nature and instead made that boost clearer.
>>
>>54583421
Unexpected. Entertaining. Addicting. Apparently I'm a natural kisser. Also is it bad that we were more involved BEFORE kissing happened?
>>
>>54583764
>Powers that only work in other worlds now function in the real world as normal for you
Does the inverse apply as well?
>>
>>54583805
Mhm. Powers that work in your original reality will work in other worlds.
>>
>>54583764
Well that still does work for Dream Demon. . .
>>
>>54583849
If it still does, good for you. I only changed it because the example reminded me that 'imagination' was a poor way to describe how it's reflected in series.
>>
File: Sekaioni-91-pic-17.jpg (242KB, 869x1231px) Image search: [Google]
Sekaioni-91-pic-17.jpg
242KB, 869x1231px
>Sekai Oni's King
>Soul Eater's Madness Wavelength
>Zendikar's Drop-In perk line
>Webmage's Chaos Power

Do we have anything else that makes you a walking cancer for reality?
>>
>>54583937
Not quite to the same degree, but Kingdom Heart's Heartless has some.
>>
Jump 3: Young Justice
Origin: Vigilante
Race: Human
Perks:
* Souvenir
* Acrobat
* Practice Make Perfect (900)
* Yoink (750)
* Gadgeeter (600)
* Rolling With The Punches (300)
Super Powers:
* Most Common Superpower
* Required Secondary Powers
* Chlorokinesise (0)
Companions:
* Import: Mina Ashido (-100)
Items:
* Costume
* Light Armor
* Bulletproof Cape
* Utility Belt
* Expertly Crafted Weapon (a rod)
* Wingsuit (50)
* HUD (-150)
* Vehicle (-300)
Drawbacks:
* No Killing Rule (-200)
* Never a Dull Moment (0)

Mina's Build
Origin: Superhuman (100)
Perks:
* Souvenir
* Know His Own Strength
Superpowers:
* Animal Transformation (250)
* Flight (150)
* Shrinking (0)
Items:
* Costume

Well, I don't actually know much about this show, qo I guess I'll just go with the flow. Mina sure have fun with her new powers, tough.
>>
>>54583937
You could always go Touched in Captain SNES.

Life is but a dream, after all.
>>
>>54583876
Would both Light and King make us that same happy go lucky pig guy who cared only for his own entertainment?
>>
>>54583764
Oh. I remember being tempted to make a jump out of this. But I couldn't really figure how to make the origins.

Good to see that you made it! Keep up the awesome work!
>>
>>54583764
>Ended up leaving The Light as a 600 due to it's power boost nature and instead made that boost clearer.
Val literally the devil, wants The Light to be unaffordable as part of nefarious plot, news at 11.
>>
>>54584043
>no Toggles
rethink this
>>
>>54583764
Is there anything special to the Imprisoned drawback that would stop a Jumper from just teleporting out of there or blowing up the whole place?
>>
File: pigsuit.jpg (18KB, 328x452px) Image search: [Google]
pigsuit.jpg
18KB, 328x452px
>>54584086
Lord no. King alone would make it more likely, though only if you just give in, since it's directly taking his unique ability and giving it to you, albeit without all his build up and the pre gathered misery he got boosted with.

The King is easily the most fun character in the series.

>>54584087
Yeah, was originally going to do Alice/World Devil/Cheshire but since everyone was an Alice in the end, decided to just follow the Bloodborne format.

>>54584088
Gotta pay out the nose for happiness.

>>54584124
Not really.
>>
>>54583764
>>54584137
Hmm... Introduce The King to the GoD? What could possibly go wrong...
>>
File: pigsmile.jpg (67KB, 677x406px) Image search: [Google]
pigsmile.jpg
67KB, 677x406px
>>54584193
GoD?
>>
>>54584200
The only thing I know of which fits that acronym is the Games of Divinity.
>>
What's your favorite writefagging to read?
>>
>>54584137
Huh so this isn't meant to imply power-loss?

>but you are otherwise just another prisoner
>>
File: The_king.jpg (17KB, 210x337px) Image search: [Google]
The_king.jpg
17KB, 210x337px
>>54584223
Oh.
>>
>>54584285
Why on earth would that lose your powers? No, it's just saying you aren't locked in some max security prison cell with minimum bare necessities.
>>
>>54584137
>>54584200
>>54584287
This King guy certainly has style, if nothing else.
>>
>>54584137
>Gotta pay out the nose for happiness.

Ladies and gentlemen, we can now buy happiness.
>>
>>54584295
He's a fancy mother fucker to be sure.
>>
>>54584137
Wow that ending was. . . strange.

Remember kids, the moral of the story is everyone else's life is worthless compared to the happiness of you and your loved ones.

Though most jumpers are already well acquainted with that moral.
>>
>>54584315
Fuck the world. party on your with bros.
>>
>>54584137
Hey Val, how long would it take for King to develop to the point where you could use it on a global scale?
>>
>>54584344
Probably a few centuries at least. King in canon was focused around a gigantic megastructure but was still a lot smaller then the world and it took him a while even with a big initial boost.
>>
>>54583764
So, how do we account how many Life Points we would have when we enter the Jump if this isn't our first jump? What abilities would fuel the Darkness or the Light?
>>
>>54584359
Gotcha, thanks. I'm just imagining how awesome it would be to use it in a jump like 1984, and then use that power to obliterate the three superpowers. It seems fitting to destroy them with the same things that have been keeping them in power for so long: misery, hate, and fear.
>>
>>54584366
Like it explains in the Life Point perk, it's judged primarily by the strength of your emotions, beliefs and such, with lots of negative or positive feelings enhancing it and willpower/determination also plays a small part in increasing your amount. So having stuff that increases that would obviously increase your LP. How much you'd have is kind of up to fanwank, given the series never uses hard numbers past the 1000 point base line.

Those are pretty much the only things that would increase LP, since it's not life energy in the way chakra or ki is.
>>
>>54583764
If this can have a jump, would a Bokurano jump be possible or a Gauntlet would be more suited?
>>
>>54584327
But what if your bro is the world?
>>
>>54584385
Then you fuck your bro, duh.
>>
File: Death, the Ultimate Wingman.jpg (105KB, 517x640px) Image search: [Google]
Death, the Ultimate Wingman.jpg
105KB, 517x640px
>>54584385
There's a version of pic related out there that has DIO and ZA WARUDO instead, and it would fit perfectly for this, but I can't find it. So I'll just post the regular image, and let you imagine it instead.
>>
File: animus.jpg (37KB, 225x291px) Image search: [Google]
animus.jpg
37KB, 225x291px
>>54583764
If you were immune to temporal hazards, would making the future allow you to 'jump' into the past since it destroys the present and the future?
>>
File: har.jpg (202KB, 850x1193px) Image search: [Google]
har.jpg
202KB, 850x1193px
>>54584379
Lots of things that would normally be difficult to make into jumps can be made possible if you're willing to play with the format a bit and put in some extra work.

Just cause you're working with less then four origins doesn't mean you only need to do the work of one or two, usually it means you need to do at least as much as you normally would even still.

There's plenty of other jumps that try different things. I think Yoro's Katawa Shoujo is a great example of how a jump can handle a setting otherwise not too friendly to the jump format.

As for Gauntlets...for me, I find what most determines the Gauntlet situation is a combination between content and power level. SO is thematically perfect for a gauntlet but there's tonnes of cool things and powers, the actual characters use quite a lot of power (To varying levels) and it's the sort of setting where a lot of people are going to want to fix things. So I decided not to, whereas Distant Sky had a lot less content and it's power was generally limited to the humanly possible level. Going in with nothing means you can be roughly equal to much of the cast even if you spend your points frivolously. It's also a place where death is something that happens or potentially happens to many of the cast members, whereas SO is surprisingly light on Main Character deaths.

Pretty much comes down to what you feel it fits best with and what you can work out with your skills. Hell, maybe you think it might fit best as a gauntlet but have so many cool ideas that you can't not make it a normal jump.
>>
File: 1378587053565.jpg (70KB, 518x466px) Image search: [Google]
1378587053565.jpg
70KB, 518x466px
>>54584415
This one?
>>
>>54584424
Making the future? I assume you're referring to the Cube explosion since nothing else makes sense. But no, that wouldn't work. The Cube destroys all of space time from the present onwards so you'd need to survive the actual explosion too and even if you did, you'd just be left in an empty spot. You could time travel to before the cube exploded if you had the ability though.
>>
>>54584435
That's the one, thanks anon.
>>
>>54584379
Isn't that the Anti-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?
>>
>>54584443
The cube seems like it was tailored made to be the ultimate middle finger a jumper can give a setting. Sit in warehouse, arm cube, throw out of warehouse, flip off the setting, get drunk until the jump ends.
>>
>>54584497
Being a World Devil would already do the same.
>>
>>54583764
Man, it's been a while since I've read that manga. Never thought someone would make a jump for it. Thanks, Val. Though I still hate that your jumps almost never have 600 CP drawbacks CP Vampirism like that should be illegal.
>>
>>54584527
Only go above 300 when I think it's something deserving of such high levels. I guess I coulda gone "You have the personal attention of the King as his new fave chewtoy" but it feels kinda boring.
>>
>>54584515
Yes but that isn't enough, just killing a universe isn't enough to be the ultimate middle finger (jumpers have been doing that for ages to places like Sonichu). It has to be done causally and with utter contempt for the world in question.

No big project, no hanging around poking holes in reality, just lock some shit head who annoyed you in the cube, head into the warehouse and crack open a beer from Dresden.
>>
>>54584415
>not now, Death, I'm painting
>>
>>54584537
Yeah, I can definitely understand it. Usually drawbacks that sic the BBEG on you are kinda boring. Still, being the King's chewtoy would be kinda fun, I think. I love that guy.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

Rolling for next jump.
1. Batman: The Animated Series
2. The Incredibles
3. Teen Titans
4. Duel Monster - The Heroes
5. Marvel
6. The Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes
7. Worm
8. City of Heroes
>>
>>54584537
Also, I'm rereading the manga right now, and I kinda think that Life at Home should give some more CP. It's definitely a worse drawback than Imprisoned imo.
>>
>>54584583
I don't think so. It's certainly nasty but you can run away. Not easy but it is possible to survive away form your home.
>>
>>54584569
Okay, I need another superhero jump to replace The Incredibles in the roll list.
>>
How well protected would I be if I combined Timeless Body with that Gaul capstone in Asterix?
>>
>>54584599
Showa Kamen Rider Part 1.
>>
>>54584569
Why no answer
>>54584113
>>54584043
>>
>>54584593
Eh, guess it's just my opinion. At least the drawback gives you some guilt-free Reserve Tanks. I guess if you take it with Imprisoned, it's the wardens are other prisoners that are shitty people?
>>
>>54584604
>Timeless Body
What jump?
>>
>>54584606
Why why no answer?
>>
>>54583764
Can we use the mask to mate, create children at full power and then retrieve only the original masks? Or if we retrieve the originals the rest disappear?
>>
>>54584614
Your shitty family will be in there with you.
>>
>>54584619
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timelessBody.htm

DnD Psionic ability
>>
>>54584629
The masks have to be active for all the clones to be out. That said, your own power will replenish over time even if you invested all of it into them.
>>
>>54584630
>After you got imprisoned, your shitty family comitted crimes on purpose in order to continue on torturing you
This is hilarious desu.
>>
>>54584640
it's like a really shitty version of Prison Break, without the Break.
>>
Hey Quack,
If you're on you might want to change the upload folder you put Miyuki-chan in Wonderland and the Mogeko Castle Gauntlet in. They're currently sitting next to some Hentai Jumps
>>
>>54584640
>>54584630
They might be assholes, but at least they are dedicated to you. I guess they are acceptable targets for the first recoils, right?
>>
File: confused bulma&chichi.gif (460KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
confused bulma&chichi.gif
460KB, 500x350px
>>54584674
Eh?
>>
>>54584684
Of course. That's what the MC does.
>>
>>54584688
You know the SB drive kept separate lewd and SFW Jumps? He's placed them in the wrong upload folder
>>
>>54584684
Yup, that's actually what happens in the manga. When they find out that it kills their family, the MC happily continues on killing World Devils.
>>
I just had a dream that seems like it's a bit relevant to /jc/.
I was at a shitty parking lot carnival when "The Taco Truck" pulled up. It looked like a regular doof truck that sold tacos. Except if you looked away for any amount of time, and then back, it's appearance changed, sometimes drastically. Also, The Taco Truck didn't just sell tacos - they gave them away. Along with anything else you asked for. ANYTHING. People were asking for immortality, for a million dollars, for their dead loved ones, for cures to cancer and aids (probably, I was too busy thinking about what I should ask for).
Should I ask for something like nano-technology to keep my body healthy? But what if it went grey-goo, or accidentally killed me if I got an MRI or something stupid like that?
Should I ask for immortality? But what if a government discovered my unaging, and decided to cut me up to figure out why?
Should I wish for wealth? The IRS would definitely come after me for that.
I was paralyzed by the wealth of opportunities, and the ways they could go wrong.
In the end, I asked for a cream to remove skin blemishes (I have some moles I want to get rid of) and a way to keep my toe nails from digging into the sides of my toes.

Clearly, I am not cut out to be a jumper.
>>
>>54584659
I think I need to take these drawbacks solely for how amusing I'm finding this.
>>
>>54584689
Could you maybe include a toggle that makes you part of the protag's family? Especially if you take the relevant drawback. I think it'd be neat.
>>
>>54584605
Taken, thanks.
>>
>>54584857
Hm. Maybe. I'll have to think about that one.
>>
>>54584689
Can you tell me what the blue book perk in nier is based on? I have been looking but I can't find any info on it at all in the wiki.

What kind of monsters are there in nier anyway that can be used with this power to get the most from it? I assume gestalts do not bleed as they are soul forms.
>>
>>54584928
Isn't it based on the two main Grimores? Weiss gains new spells as you finish bosses.
>>
>>54584857
Wouldn't that involve being the MCs Reserve Tank? Seems unhealthy.
>>
>>54584928
It's not really based on much. It's more of a way to continue gaining Sealed Verses beyond the set number that exist. So I guess it's based on the creation of Sealed Verses really.

Gestalts do actually bleed, since they are physical. Hitting them briefly reverts their souls to a human bit where you hit them and blood spurts out. Shades do come in a fair variety of sizes and forms, mostly the boss shades, but other then them there's not too many monsters, aside from giant animals.
>>
>>54584896
Hey val I was wondering why the 200 cp gained from being a grimoire in nier 1 counts against the drawbavk cap when grimoirse also get no items? It just seems to be needlessly making things bad for those who take the origin as they literally get less than everyone else and dont even really get the 200 free cp since it screws over the drawbacks they can take.
>>
>>54584953
Thanks. Will help a lot.
>>
How scary would a clown-spawning World Devil would be as a boss battle in a superhero setting (Worm, Young Justice, Avengers).

I like the the whole 'evil threat from another dimension who is sending small monsters on waves' and picking up drawbacks that pit you against the heroes, but I also don't want to utterly destroy the setting.

Would that be too much for the average superhero setting?
>>
>>54584965
I don't really see it as screwing them over to get the CP essentially free. You're not getting CP for being a Grimoire because there's few downsides and many upsides. You're getting that because you lack an item section.

I also don't understand why it counting against their limit is an issue. You can still get as much as any one else, in fact you get as much but easier.
>>
>>54584483
Uh, I guess? Never really thought of it that way before, but it's not the worst description. A better one would be that it's a death game scenario with giant robots, and each giant robot is from a different dimension, and if your giant robot dies then your dimension is erased, and the pilot themselves is always going to die no matter what even if they win so you have to keep replacing them, and no explanation for why or how this is happening is ever given. It's bleak.
>>
>>54585000
If they get it because they have no item section then why lock off the drawback cap on them? I mean they do get less, they have no items they can buy at all not even a free 100 cp book shelf or something stupid like that. But they also cannot buy as much as the other backgrounds because 1, they get no discount gear so everything costs more, and 2, the only way of getting extra cp available is capped at a point where they cannot get as much as others thereby blocking them from getting the higher ranked stuff at all.

I just don't see what they get that is so much better than the other backgrounds.
>>
File: Friendbringers.png (280KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
Friendbringers.png
280KB, 700x900px
Asking again in case Worm_Anon sees this... Two questions about the new Worm update, and one question I had just reading old options again.

How durable are the Friendbringers? Like, could I have them go along into Parahuman combat without worrying about them, despite the tastelessness of it?

Is there any possibility of adding an option for Shards/Passenger to become a presence in someone's head in later jump?

And lastly, could I use the 50 option of the Powered Armor System to merge it with a Power Armor I already have?
>>
>>54585000
>You can still get as much as any one else, in fact you get as much but easier.

Not him but it really didnt seem that way from how I was reading it, but I took poor children.
>>
File: Keitaro 018.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Keitaro 018.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
So, a quick question if SMTanon happens to be on. I'm working on a Duel Monsters: The Heroes Build for my Side Chain and I've gotten to the point of wondering something.

Visions of Justice allows you to make and create Hero Robots. I was wondering if you could make Henshin belts with this and the repair station of the Mask Change Gimmick, using the 'Hero' robots as a bases or do we base the Mask Change on something else?
>>
>>54585051
1- No, they just don't get discount gear. That doesn't make things cost more. Things cost the same. They just don't get discounts. Instead they get 200 CP they can spend anywhere without any drawbacks attached.

2- What? They can get as much as everyone else without taking on as many negatives. There's no reason you can't take more drawbacks and end up with the same cap as everyone else.

Flight, agelessness, no physical needs, ability to learn powerful magics with ease and some free starting magical powers.

>>54585061
...I'm not sure if I wrote otherwise now but are you somehow thinking you can't get as much CP from drawbacks as others? Because you can. You can take drawbacks to hit the cap like any other origin. You just get 200 of that CP without an attached drawback (Or you can just look at it as the drawback being the lack of an item section)
>>
>>54585107
>You can take drawbacks to hit the cap like any other origin. You just get 200 of that CP without an attached drawback (Or you can just look at it as the drawback being the lack of an item section)

No no I mean they just don't seem to get as much, like at all. Nothing seems to be that much more awesome.
>>
>>54585107
What magic powers do they start with in comparison to the 200 cp magic option? Not them but Im curious now. I havent been to nier yet but being a book seems cool.

Then again being a fractal soul monster sounds cool too...
>>
>>54585107
Huh, what does the part about gaining the "power" of the book mean if we take the import option? Would I be able to cast everything in it, or something else?

Must resist urge to import the Necronomicon...
>>
>>54585134
>>54585151
I mean...I just listed them? They can fly as they wish, never age, have no physical needs, can learn the various sealed verses just by coming into contact with them and get one of the sealed verses for free. That doesn't cost you anything and you're still getting 200CP bonus for taking the origin.

None of the other origins get benefits like that, most being normal humans or shades, and the one that does get some cool powers, Possessed, comes with a nasty drawback to balance it off.
>>
>>54585195
If the book had any innate special powers, you'd gain them. You're not necessarily able to cast everything in the book but you would at least know it back to front and be able to use innate magical abilities it had.
>>
Where can I get some Alkahest?
>>
File: Seta 001.jpg (70KB, 621x884px) Image search: [Google]
Seta 001.jpg
70KB, 621x884px
>>54585195
Which Necronomicon?
>>
>>54585222
Anywhere they have traditional alchemy, I'd imagine. I created some in the Potterverse, assuming something akin to traditional Western and Islamic alchemy was practiced by a select few Wizards.
>>
>>54585222
The universal solvent? Anywhere with alchemy as a theme, I'd assume. Maybe Atelier? I think there's alkahest in there.
>>
>>54585266
/The/ Necronomicon.

All of them fused together, using the Lovecraft original as a base?
>>
>>54585222
>Alkahest

have you tried symphogear? it would probably come in the form of a squirt gun, though
>>
>>54585279
>>54585297
>I'd imagine
>I'd assume
Are we the same person?
>>
>>54585195
Better question is what books are available in chain that are actually worth importing, most of them come in some form with the ability to cast stuff inside them and at that point the book option level 200 perk is all around better as you just eat the other books.
>>
File: book of law.jpg (35KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
book of law.jpg
35KB, 500x354px
>>54585195
What other super-books do we have in the chain?

>Book of Darkness (Lyrical Nanoha)
>Blank Book (Soul Eater)
>Book of the Vishanti/Darkhold (Marvel Magic)
>The Book of Eternity (Hellblazer)

>>54585204
Could all of them be imported by spending 100 CP per book?
>>
>>54585377
Just one use.
>>
>>54585347
Dream Journal from It's Always Sunny, Death Note, one of the magical tutelary books form one of the fantasy jumps (Hero BBS, or Sword and Sorcery, iirc), a legendary Grimoire from a Fire Emblem jump, Book of the Dead from Old Kingdom, Book of Life from Chick Tracts...
>>
>>54584719
Is that an SCP? I could swear there was an SCP that did something like that.
>>
>>54583238
How you got it ?
>>
>>54585408
There's an ice cream truck SCP that actually sells ice cream, but of any conceivable kind, and is run by some strange humanoid creature.
>>
Two things Grimoire-related ideas about the Nier jump that I found funny:

Using Living Library while you're in human form likely involves slamming your face into a book.

Taking the How Do I Save the World perk likely makes you a book that's trying to save the world, which is just a hilarious image to me.
>>
>>54585394
Yeah but you could just eat them and get whats there too.

There was a lovecraft story I read once about a book of sands I think it was, it had more pages than grains of sand in the desert. The pages never repeated.

Then again if you can use the import to get control over the spells in any book take the discworld octavo from discworld and just get full on creator god power.
>>
Rat Movie jump when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXioRNYy4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNy9HIo3shs
>>
Do we have anything that would let us get the magical abilities of Grimoires? Considering Living Library just takes the words and pictures.
>>
>>54585473
What else do you need?
>>
Hey, anyone mind picking a jump to replace Basilisk in my chain with?
>>
>>54585504
Gundam new colony
Valkyrie core
>>
>>54585504
Sonichu
>>
>>54583764
So, I started reading this... Do the Reserve Tanks only work when slaying a World Devil or could they be used more often?
>>
>>54585457
>>54585394
Discworld has a lot of neat ones, including one book about sex magic that creates a lust aura around it so powerful that the wizards have to keep the book submerged in ice water so it wont affect anyone.
>>
>>54585515
Only against World Devils or similar instant death things, unless you take one of the perks that lets you use them for more.
>>
Build for Kamen Rider NeoHeisei Part 4:ExAid Power Pak Edition

https://pastebin.com/H1EYsk9v
>>
File: an entirely different smug duck.jpg (35KB, 408x472px) Image search: [Google]
an entirely different smug duck.jpg
35KB, 408x472px
>>54585536
>going with that one and not the the octavo.
>>
>>54585659
If you in fact did get control of the spells then yes the octavo is superior, but val has not said how the import works here.
>>
File: The Octavo.jpg (55KB, 320x499px) Image search: [Google]
The Octavo.jpg
55KB, 320x499px
>>54585659
>>54585695
The Octavo is the Creator's Spellbook, which has a grand total of eight spells in it. However as explained Eric, World Creation is purely a mechanical function and doesn't call for godlike attributes nor does it imbue them. So yeah its not that impressive outside of it's original word.

Unless you're going with the Peter J. Carroll thing (Pic Related on what it looks like) which is... A sorceror-scientist's grimoire (Roundworld edition) Every universe potentially has its own Supreme Grimoire containing the spells which define its reality and the magic which you can perform within that reality, The Octavo. But that was only inspired by the Octavo from Terry's Discworld.
>>
How dangerous is the eXceed jump?
>>
>>54585833
Again we have no idea how it works and val has not explained if you can cast or control the spells in any way.
>>
Could Manifestation from Sekai Oni be used to alter magical properties?
>>
>>54585461
I miss Jerma...
>>
>>54585937
Didn't she say before you only get any magical abilities the book has and the knowledge in it, not necessarily cast anything in it?
>>
>>54585937
However we do have an idea of how the Octavo works, which was my point, the Octavo is just something a Creator uses to make the world. The eight spells held within are just for that, whatever they do is for the creation of the world, Rincewind the Wizzard was just lucky that the spells themselves have a sense of 'brotherhood' or the world may have not altered as much as it did when he was speaking the eight words of the eighth spell, hinted to be the Creation of Magic by the by, so that it could escape/communicate with the other Eight Spells.

In addition the Eight Spells in the Octavo are rooted, as all things in Discworld are, in the existence of Narrativium and the Arbitrators of Reality. Without both of these things in existance you wouldn't even be able to do most of the effects that the Octavo was made for.
>>
>>54586033
Unless you are a wizard in which case you can use the spells from discworld just fine outside of discworld. You pay cp for that after all.
>>
>>54586007
I didnt see anything about it after she posted the update where you could import a book to be your new form.
>>
>>54586007
>get any magical abilities the book has and the knowledge in it,

How exactly does that work if you can't cast anything from it?
>>
>>54586074
She was talking about it just this thread. >>54585204
>>
Black Mud perk from the F/SN jump lets you blacken Servants and other spiritual entitied into their Alter versions. Does it also incarnate them as a physical body like the actual Grail mud did to Gil?
>>
>>54586095
Ask her?
>>
>>54586099
I don't believe so. I believe that was something Gil purposefully tore out of the mud, It didn't seem to do so for Salter or Blackzerker.
>>
>>54586133
I suppose it could also be the difference between it pouring out of an Einzbern grail and worst girl? In any case, thanks. I suspected my plan wouldn't work, but confirmation is nice.
>>
>>54586133
For The Family WD perk would I permenantly lose any power I throw into the masks, or could I just make them turn back into masks and I would regain all my power? If the later would the children produced by the first pair and any other disappear?
>>
>>54586211
You don't permanently lose it, you'll recover it as normal for whatever you invested into them. You would regain it all if you reverted the masks but all clones disappear once the masks are returned.
>>
Jorge Joestar
By Nubee and Valeria
Whatever That Means+ 100 so business as usual?
So Many Serial Killers+ 200 looks like I'll be spending the jump hunting them down
Beyond Pasta+200 nothing I haven't dealt with before
Ant Man+ 200 annoying but not much they can do
Unwanted Tenant+300 have you met the chorus? This is nothing
Roll(1d8)+0: 3,+0
3- Mori-oh, Joji’s World
True Evil not actually going to do evil and in fact actively make up for what I have done by the background
Ultimate Lifeform-1600 . It's the one true build plus with infectious bite I can share it around!
Strike A Pose- Free and Mandatory
BEYOND:Shōnen Protagonist-300 discount for true evil. Gotta take it. It's my one chance to prove my place
ImportX2: Monique and retainers -100, of course, I am bringing them along

Retainers
human
Townie
Manga Artists’ Workbench free for townie
I Need More, I Want More, I Will Have More -300 discount for human
arrow Cross house -300 discount for townie best time machine. We have so far

Monique
human not for long Thanks to infectious bite/
Bystander
Childhood Bully free for bystander
Hamon Master -200 discount for bystander think you can teach me?
Need More, I Want More, I Will Have More -300 discount for human and here's where sacrificial bestowment to bestow sacrificial bestowment comes in handy
Old Timey Car free for bystander
Flying Machine -100 discount for bystander

The plan: I'm off having my own adventures, battling monsters and other kinds of monsters keeping things safe for people since the plot is largely self resolving
>>
>>54586252
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>54585473
Well, the Grimoires basically just cast word magic and shoot bullets, both of which are things you can buy with CP. Not sure what else you're looking for.
>>
>>54583421
Goddammit, now I've got something else to read.
Jump when?
>>
>>54586403
Right after we get riftworld and belgariad jumps.
>>
How dangerous is Etrian Odyssey? I took the F.O.E. and Clear Save drawbacks.
>>
Wasn't someone working on a zone of the enders jump?
>>
>>54583764
>Imaginary Reality
>Take Hell Lord in Marvel Magic
>Prime universes now count as part of my dimension and I can smash them together
Suck on that, Dormammu!
>>
>>54586532
It's a standard fantasy JRPG, except the monsters are strong enough that you can still die to them even with a solid team of in-universe competent adventurers. Honestly with those two drawbacks combined you are probably pretty fucked.
>>
>>54586532
Shit son, I hope you like suffering. F.O.E.s are usually massively powerful monsters for the floor they appear on. So you're going to get swamped with monsters your party should not be able to defeat easily. I hope you have some OCP to fall back on. And I hope you like pain.
>>
>>54583764
Would Imaginary Reality work if you picked up a power in-jump and then went to another jump without access to that power? Like say the Power Cosmic or some type of magic?
>>
>>54586585
>>54586588
I mean, I don't really have access to any of my usual tricks since I took Clear Save, but I expected that. My biggest advantage for stuff like that is that I maintain a Knowledge and skills, which are peak human all around. I could probably cheat and use that to clone an army or build a bunch of robots or something, especially in combination with the two tech capstones.
>>
>>54586581
Doing that in Marvel sounds like a bad idea. At the very LEAST, you're going to have to deal with Strange and Eternity knocking on your door after you do.
>>
>>54586617
Depends on the power I guess. If it's a power that only works in that world because it's in that world, yeah. But if it's only working there because the specific power source is there and that source can be moved to another world potentially, allowing it to work elsewhere, it won't since that's not really what the perk can do.

Dunno enough about the Power Cosmic to decide.
>>
>>54586630
>clone an army
>build some robots
Just don't expect the people in the town to be all that happy about it. That world doesn't have the best outlook on robots or clones. There's a lot of myths about them being monsters themselves and there are a lot of examples of the robotic race murdering pretty much everyone who makes it to their level to protect their village.
>>
>>54586630
Fair. In that case it comes down to a race against time. You have to get enough of a tech base to fight horrible monsters before said horrible monsters burst forth from the labyrinth to kill you. Also, you will need to enter the labyrinth or commission other adventurers to get the materials for your tech.

But it should be doable.
>>
>>54586630
Also, what's the significant difference between the Scholar and Blacksmith capstones? From my reading of the two, they both just give access to technology, with Scholar's biomagitech coming off as just better. What am I missing?
>>
>>54586723
It's actually just biotech. There's no magic in Etrian Odyssey, just extremely advanced technology. The twist of the first game is the revelation that the world is actually the far future of our Earth. I suppose you could make biomagitech with pieces of creatures from magical worlds, though.
>>
>>54586800
Yeah, and Mage the Awakening magic isn't magic either, it's just reality warping.

We've had this argument dozens of times, if it calls itself magic then it's magic.
>>
>>54585377
>Jumper BECOMES the Darkhold
That's a nope. Nope, nope, nope. Everyone out of the universe.
>>
>>54586864
But it doesn't call itself magic, is my point.
>>
Hey Heavens, if you take Dragon or another non-human race in DxD, does the magical power boost only apply when you're in that alt-form or is that more of a soul thing or whatever?
>>
>>54586896
It uses shit that is functionally indistinguishable from magic. Ergo.
>>
>>54586896
It refers to itself as magic and works like magic, t doesn't matter if it's 'not actually magic', it still counts as it for all that it matters.
>>
>>54586934
So is any other sufficiently advanced technology.

>>54586950
Look, I'm not trying to get into some argument about what perks you can and can't use to augment it. If you want to apply your magic-boosting perks, whatever, I don't care. I'm just saying that the items you make with monster parts aren't the result of you weaving some enchantment. It's a repeatable phenomenon that doesn't require the intervention of a wizard to work. Anyone who knew how to make them could make them.
>>
>>54586660
Is the lifeforce increase from King permanent or temporary?
>>
>>54587067
As long as you keep that Darkness in you, the increase will stay.
>>
>>54587050
>It's a repeatable phenomenon that doesn't require the intervention of a wizard to work. Anyone who knew how to make them could make them.

That is true for several magical systems in a large number of settings. Please stop this.
>>
>>54587102
Fine. Whatever. Anything that people in a setting think is magic is magic, even if they're objectively wrong and the setting outright says this. I don't care. I was just sharing a little tidbit about the Etrian Odyssey games that I thought was neat, I wasn't expecting this to turn into a thing.
>>
>>54587098
If you take King and The Light, would there still be negative consequences to taking the light of other people in? Like, I don't know, becoming dangerously happy?
>>
>>54587146
Possibly. Too much of a good thing and all.
>>
>>54586723
Robots vs meat machines
>>
>>54587154
Hmm. Could you balance it out by taking equal parts Darkness and Light?
>>
>>54587217
Nnnoooot really? You'd just be feeling extreme amounts of both those emotions trying to force themselves on you at the same time.
>>
File: 134809541235.jpg (114KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
134809541235.jpg
114KB, 1600x900px
>>54583764
>Family power
...Pinwheel?
>>
>>54587258
Something akin to that, yes.
>>
>>54583764
Possession seems really strong.
>>
>>54587280
It is? Of all things I wouldn't have expected that. What do you find so strong about it?
>>
>>54587258
>>54587265
Oh hey I wasn't the only one that thought of that. Neat.
>>
Jumper may have mantled Pelinal Whitestrake. Where should he go now?
>>
>>54587301
Nowhere, mantling means you stay there.
>>
>>54587301
Eragon.
>>
>>54587296
Mostly the combination of full control, the ability to draw on the possessed person's energy, and the ability to give them access to all your abilities as well. Like, I don't see how it wouldn't be good.
>>
>>54587341
Well, yes, but only if you successfully take over their body, which can be resisted and leaves you undefended on the outside of their body. It doesn't seem very different from any other possession ability you might find a ghost or parasite possessing.
>>
>>54587301
Eragon
Commoragh
Brettonia
>>
>>54587359
I guess. How does Possession work in relation to Recoil? If you force someone you're possessing to kill or arrange them to be killed by someone else, do you still get hit by it, or do they?
>>
>>54587391
If you kill a World Devil while possessing someone, you'd still get the Recoil yourself, being primarily in control of the person. If your possessing body gets killed in some other way, like it being directly attacked without hitting you, you wouldn't die along with them.
>>
Is Clover still among us? Have questions 'bout Sunless Zee.
>>
>>54587258
>Imagine if the mother and father masks started fucking in the middle of the boss fight
>While the son uses 'his sword' to fight you

WHY
>>
>>54587428
What about using summons or producing things like demons or clowns?
>>
>>54587335
No, it just means you don't keep the power when you move on. You still walked like them till they walked like you.

>>54587340
Good idea.

>>54587389
>Brettonia
What's that? What are the elves like?
>>
>>54587444
You know those aren't just masks, and concept art shows Pinwheel is three stitched together bodies You're now imagining the robes flailing about as corpse parents fuck inside of it.
>>
>>54587458
Long as they are independent beings, that should let you get around the Recoil.
>>
>>54587473
Brettonia is Warhammer Camelot, but everyone is basically a mythical knight. Their "fairies" are in reality deceptive wood elves and their "lady of the lake" is actually an elf goddess. They end up being cool enough that the Elf Goddess turns around and sacrifices herself for them.
>>
>>54587428
>If your possessing body gets killed in some other way, like it being directly attacked without hitting you, you wouldn't die along with them.
Hmm. I feel like there's room here for a really fucking evil combat style of forcing your enemies to kill their allies so they have to suffer Recoil, but I don't know of anything off the top of my head that could force the attacks of enemies to hit the Possessed body. Some form of intangibility? Would the energy form serve?
>>
>>54587473
Brettonia is a Warhammer Fantasy faction with its' own jump. Think English/French knight-based mythology all mushed together, grail quests, chivalry, etc. They worship the "Lady of the Lake", who is actually an elven goddess who is manipulating them and using them as a meat-shield for the wood elves.
>>
>>54587518
>They end up being cool enough that the Elf Goddess turns around and sacrifices herself for them.
No, she sacrifices herself for her latest boyfriend and their daughter, and the Brettonians leave her to die, after ensuring her new dimension is destroyed.
>>
>>54587521
Er, if they just killed your possessed body and not you, they wouldn't get hit with Recoil and it's entirely possible to kill you without killing the ally. What I said there was that you'd get hit with Recoil if you used someone you were possessing to kill a Devil.

Energy form could work, as long as they don't hit your physical form in the centre of it.
>>
>>54587518
>>54587524
Ah. Time to put spears through some knife ears.
>>
>>54587553
Go forth my son, with the blessing of the Nine.
>>
>>54587542
What's the max level of power Physical Enhancement can get you if you buy it 3-4 times and apply it to your whole body? Preferably for both Strength, Durability, and Speed.
>>
>>54587140
Hey? Shut the fuck up and stop being a pedant. I don't want to be accused of the shitposter but this kind of behavior is why we don't like SB because this kind of pedantic bullshit is encouraged there.
>>
>>54587635
>pedant
>we
>SB
Huh, learned a new word eh Shitposter-Kun?
>>
>>54587621
Probably in the range of destroying multiple whole city blocks with each blow. You're spreading it over your whole body so it's going to lose out a bit.
>>
>>54587677
Alright then, looks like I might just take Power Suit instead. Although, what would happen if you take it 4 times and apply it soley to your eyes?
>>
>>54587724
Um. Nothing? It's for enhancing strength, speed or durability. Not physical senses.
>>
>>54587724
Strength, I mean. The other two attributes would be pretty useless on eyes, I guess.
>>
>>54583764
If we go as a Cheshire Devil, does it matter what location we chose?
>>
>>54587730
Oh. I thought it could be used to enhance your strength of vision or something like that. What a shame.
>>
>>54587730
But I bet I could crush rocks by blinking on them.
>>
>>54587737
Not terribly much.
>>
>>54587731
You can manage to blink and move your eyes even when under billions of atmospheres of pressure. Sadly you would then be crushed by those billions of atmospheres of pressure, but you'd be able to move your eyes while it's happening.

I suppose you could try to leverage it by stabbing stuff into your eyes though.
>>
>>54586902
The magic boost remains with you between forms, mainline because dragons shapeshift canonically and don't seem any worse off for it. The same applies to other races.
>>
>>54587749
Blink really damn fast too, and take a gunshot to the eyeball without even flinching.
>>
>>54587746
Oh, here I was thinking you were planning to use the floating eyes as ridiculous projectiles that can crush more or less anything.
>>
>>54587730
Can I just check with you to see if I'm understanding correctly?
If you get King and the Light, it doesn't invert the King's properties to work off of Light, it still works off of Darkness. Am I right?
But you still get the benefits of the perks as they stand, they just don't affect one another, allowing you to be strong in both Light and Darkness and you have to find a way to balance them out or specialise, either way you are going to be influnced by them?
>>
>>54587802
Nah, he's saying all focused solely on strength.
>>
Hey, do the optional boosts from taking both capstone boosters in the CoD IW jump replace the combined effect of both boosters normally? Like, with Anthropic Universe, do you lose the tone shifting power?
>>
>>54587782
Is it possible to give this setting, Sekai Oni, a happy ending for everyone, Val? Or is it pretty much doomed for one or the other world?
>>
>>54587820
No. If you get both, King will now also be able to gather positive emotions if you want. That said, it doesn't protect you from the downsides of overusing King, and an overwhelming amount of Negative or Positive emotions can be dangerous to you if you don't have a strong enough will to resist the influence those emotions you've taken on push on you.

Even if you take equal amounts of both, they don't cancel each other out. Negative and Positive emotions are very broad categories and few of those feelings will be exact opposites. This means that taking them both on will mean you are having to fend off both of the types.

Also, going to bed cause it's past 2AM. Any questions left, I'll get to em soon as I wake up.
>>
>>54587812
I'm sure you'd impress many with your eye popping techniques.
>>
>>54587795
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>54587875
One last one.

It's possible. Not with in setting things but if you bring the right out of setting stuff you could do it.
>>
>>54587795
Are the other races also known for shapeshifting or is this an arbitrary thing?
>>
>>54587891
Well, if it popped your eyes, it wouldn't be very impressive, would it?
>>
>>54587905
Not 'shapeshifting' per se, but just hiding their supernatural features to blend in with humans is really, really common. They tend to look pretty human at base most of the time anyhow.

So kind of arbitrary, kind of canon.
>>
>>54587916
It's a matter of semantics and whether you're popping eyes or astonishing others with your eye popping eye popping display.
>>
>>54587975
Ah, but if you popped your eyes while trying to display an eye popping show, it wouldn't be really eye popping, would it? No, you need enough strength to pop the eyes of your enemies while your own eyes remain unpopped. Only this way can you truly pop the eyes of your audience.
>>
>>54587667
I'm literally not the shitposter but I can't stand that kind of trite hairsplitting. Not everyone who criticizes SB is the shitposter. Fuck off.
>>
>>54587897
Question for when you wake up. Is it possible to reach the King's level of power with just training your life energy or is it something that was possible soley through his absorption of other's darkness?
>>
>>54588004
Popping your eyes while showing off your eye popping is eye popping for all the wrong reasons and clearly unprofessional unless that was your intent. I suppose if you're trying to pop eyes with your eye popping then that would be some eye popping eye popping eye popping though, was that your intent all along? If so, I'll have to say sorry because I thought your eye popping eye popping fighting style wasn't focused on popping enemy eyes as much as smashing the rest of the body.
>>
>>54588070
>something that was possible soley through his absorption of other's darkness?
This is obvious.
>>
>>54584252
I rarely even look at it but I remember a write-up posted it months ago, it was about a nonviolent Amazon in Ranma 1/2 IIRC.
Does anyone know what happened of it? I never found the rest of the chain.
>>
>>54587875
Seeing that the problem is inherent to the setting metaphysics, you would need the power to change that...
>>
>>54588092
Not really? Here's the relevant perk text:
>The more Darkness you gain, the greater your Life Force will grow.
Which suggests that absorbing Darkness simply enhances the growth speed of your Life Force.
>>
I remember tjere being a book that had the laws and rules of all magic in it from a jump, or maybe Im misremembering that part, but there was a cp buy book that allowed you to rewrite the laws of magic if magic were broken somewhere, anyone know what that is from or how it is worded?
>>
>>54587795
On a related note is DxD magic externally or internally generated?

Also was I right in guessing that the Smiling Man is something like Lorkhan or one of the other aspects of Padomay?
>>
>>54588146
Slayer Manual from Buffy.
>>
>>54588170
Thank you.
>>
Wait, has something changed recently? Is DxD kosher to use now?
>>
>>54588150
I'd say most of the energy used for magic is internal (due to mana), while the act of using it depends on external factors like calculations and whatnot.

Sadly, no.
>>54588189
It...never wasn't kosher, to my knowledge? I remade the jump from the ground up when Strike gave up on it and gave the green light. Though it still needs a tune-up, it's basically a new jump now.
>>
>>54586581
Well that seems like bullshit, but knowing Val and Cracker_Jack that's kosher.

Wonderful.
>>
>>54588384
Stop bitching and either suck it up or leave.
>>
>>54586581
You're gonna need to pay the cost for it, though. It's not like "this is mine now", you have to be able to give upkeep.
>>
>>54588605
Bullshit.
>>
Quick question about the Kamigawa Bolas scenario, if you stopped time would the rift still weaken you?
>>
>>54588605
What?
>>
>>54588645
Considering it's a rift in time... maybe?
>>
>>54588765
Just a cunt trying to nerf a perk combo.
>>
>>54588605
That's not how Hell Lord works.
>>
For those of you following my newer chain...

TRIAL BY FUCKING FIRE.

Jump 1: Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1
Origin: Wanderer [900]
Perks:
Wandering
Revival [800]
Smile [600]
Decision [400]
Myself [300]
Crossroads - Mighty [100]
Strengthening [100]
Good Cook [0]

Items:
"It's Kuuga!"
Trychaser 2000 [0]
Horse Armor [400]

Drawbacks:
This Is Serious, Right? [100]
Riverprone [200]
Enroaching Darkness [600]

Kuuga is a really good show. Full write-up coming...eventually. This is gonna be long.
>>
>>54584995
If taken with Madness Wavelength, and if you have enough raw power to go toe to toe with them? Pretty fucking terrifying. Keep in mind, as a World Devil you're destroying reality just by existing. You could destroy the universe within months, weeks, or (if you're as powerful as the King was), hours. With Madness Wavelength and Clowns, you're also distorting and warping reality just by existing, and creating nightmarish abominations at the same time. Abominations that cannot be killed as long as they stay within range of your Madness Wavelength, so unless they're removed or cut off from your Wavelength, they'll just keep regenerating, an army of immortal monsters. You showing up with all that and the raw power to fight off the Justice League or the Avengers or whatever, would make you the most terrifying threat they've ever encountered
>>
File: Kuuga Rage.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kuuga Rage.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>54588838
>Kuuga is a really good show

Yes it is
>>
Give me 8 jumps, anon.
>>
>>54589077
Stranger Things
Duel Monsters: Shadow Realm
>>
>>54589077
High school DxD
>>
>>54589077
Armored Core
Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Megaman Zero
Young Justice
Kamen Rider Showa Part 1
>>
>>54589077
The Incredibles
>>
>>54589077
Night in the Woods if you're going to writ for it. Mega Man Classic otherwise.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>54589119
>>54589141
>>54589151
>>54589176
1: Stranger Things
2: High School DxD
3: Armored Core
4: Dark Souls
5: Megaman Zero
6: Young Justice
7: The Incredibles
8: Night in the Woods
>>
>>54589077
One vote against Night in the Woods.
>>
>>54589302
That's not how this works you soggy lettuce.
>>
>>54589302
Font got you down?
>>
Do we have any perks to let you count as human no matter what form you're in or modifications you make?
>>
>>54587301
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>54589465
There's one in Robocop, but it only counts mentally. Do you mean physically?
>>
>>54589465
For what specifically?
>>
Why do people think the Endbringers are interesting? The more I read about them, the more they come off as really badly executed plot devices which take up disproportionate amounts of the narrative to accomplish nothing(Besides killing all tension and worsening the tone). You'd think that the whole dangerous, monolithic, alien enemy that humanity has to come together in a struggle to survive against thing hasn't been done a hundred times and better every one, but it seems like the writer just wanted to make them as unbeatable as possible, and went out of their way to render everything that happens with them meaningless and inevitable. What the fuck?
>>
>>54589513
More mind and soul.
>>
>>54589562
>hurr durr I don't like the writing in a free webnovel i haven't even read
I mean, I'm not exactly Wildbow's biggest fan, but come on.
>>
>>54589562
They're big and strong and people feel the need to measure dicks.
>>
>>54589562
Welcome to Wildbow's stuff. I mostly like them because they sound cool and they're basically smaller kaiju. That's pretty much it really.
>>
>>54589562
They're good opponents for midchain Jumpers
>>
>>54589562
Your whole comment is basically saying nothing. Good job.
>>
>>54589634
Or very early chain Jumpers
>>
>>54589601
>>54589630
>>54589634
But they're pointless. They literally don't matter at all to the overarching plot, they aren't even resolved as a conflict. They're just there, casual planetbusters with more durability than an entire universe, harassing population centers because suffering until they stop mattering.
>>
>>54585431
Rather belatedly... Forgotten Realms jump. I had a chain where I went Healer. It's large a support class from the Miniatures Handbook. Cleric but not as good, except when it comes to healing, where you can apply your charisma bonus to any amount you heal. So if you cast cure minor wounds, instead of healing one point you'd heal like... five or six, depending on your charisma.
>>
>>54589565
Anon, It's You from Robocop could do that, if you stretch the interpretation a bit.
I can't think of a good perk of that kind that explicitly factors in the soul though. Except maybe Heart of a Child from Narnia:
>This also improves your resistance to telepathic influence, magical curses of despair, and other similar effects.
You might be able to interepret it, since it includes helping you against magic and there being a tentaive link between magic and the soul, as being able to help the soul remain consistent along with your mind and personality, maybe.
Outside of that, anon, I'm afriad I can't help you out..
>>
>>54589717
Yes, causing suffering is their entire point. That's their purpose. And they have the mass of a galaxy, not an entire universe. And besides, mass isn't equal durability. Hit 'em with some ability that ignored mass plus some way to attack through dimensional barriers, and they're toast. Hell, Eidolon in his prime could have done it.
>>
>>54589717
Look anon, I understand, really I do, but the people here who actually care about tasteful story elements here are far and few in between. The reasons people care about a lot of things (Beating hyped up things like the Endbringers, humiliating Gilgamesh, collecting waifus.) are more personal or ego based rather than narrative based.
>>
>>54589562
>>54589717
Read the webnovel and then you'll understand. Until then, ssh.
>>
>>54586864
You should see the latest game.
>>
>>54589717
In part, you're right. The Endbringers are largely irrelevant to the big picture if you're looking at them as "kaiju smash" opponents.

Here's the thing: They really aren't. They're not the big bad, out to wipe out everything. Hell, their attacks are plays with audience fatalities.

What they are is pretty much the self destructive impulses of one of the big conspirators fucking over whatever the new possible solution to the real enemy turns out to be.

As for not mattering for the overarching plot... The Simurgh is actually more relevant to the overarching plot than Eidolon is.
>>
>>54589562
>>54589717

Yes we know Widow is a hack.
>>
>>54589859
You jelly?
>>
>>54589873
Nah, he's salt.
Salty jelly
>>
>>54589886
An aspic?
>>
>>54589873
He's realized that a free webnovel is more relevant to the world than he is. Of course he is.
>>
>>54589873
Most people who insult Wildbow seem to love to ignore how much of an accomplishment Worm was. It's publishable quality, produced by one guy with a blistering update speed. Me personally I can't help but assume that, yes, some of those people are motivated by envy over knowing that they could never do what he did.
Most of the 'problems' are from the fact is was one guy on his own making it, which is bound to make for some issues, misunderstandings from people who never actually read the webnovel, just fanfic, but think themselves well-imformed experts, or are just plain wrong and more often than not salty assholes.
>>
>>54589886
Urh, that reminds me of salted caramel. Do not see how anyone can like that stuff.

>>54589919
Hehe. Yeah, didn't see it that way, but yeah, that's funny.

>>54589976
As someone who actually read the webnovel as it was being published, yeah. It's good, like any story it has it's rough patches. But all the criticism that I've heard is been bull from idiots who admit they've never read it and never want to, but still just have to voice on opinion over something they admit not knowing anything about. Stupid, but also pretty funny.
>>
>>54589976
I like it well enough. The bullshit he spouts outside of the story is what annoys me. But death of the author and all that.
>>
File: 1314097701342.jpg (36KB, 423x474px) Image search: [Google]
1314097701342.jpg
36KB, 423x474px
>>54589976
>>54589873
These posts are irritating me. They're conflating popularity with quality and dislike/personal taste with jealousy. These are like two of the biggest sins of countering criticism, something only the most arrogant creator or sheltered deviantartlet would seriously say.
>>
>>54583421
Messy, there was entirely to much tongue involved and she didn't have any lips at the time. I got used to it.
>>
>>54589976
I liked Worm, but couldn't get into Pact or Twig.
>>
>>54590123
K.
>>
>>54589976
Most of my problems with Worm are a matter of taste, not of quality.
Sure, it's got its issues, but i've seen works by highly successful authors that were worse from a technical standpoint, so that's hardly a dealbreaker. No story is absolutely perfect.

No, my issue with Worm is that it's simply too depressing for my tastes.
I like it when good people fight through adversity and get their happy ending. I like it when villains see the light and find some measure of redemption. I can appreciate a good "the way to hell is paved with good intentions" story too.

But "muahahahaha, let's kill cities full of people FOR THE EVULZ" and "everybody suffers for no or little reason, then they die - messily" stories aren't my cup of tea.

I like Worm's worldbuilding. I like some of the characters. I like some fanfics (that deviate from the original flavor). But the story itself isn't my cup of tea.
If i want suffering i can watch the news.
>>
>>54590123
>implying the posts in this thread were criticism
That was simply childish whining, posts without substance. They should be responded to as such.
>>
>>54590123
>inb4 "lol samefagging to support yourself?"
>>
>>54590123
Welcome to /jc/, debate and well-worded arguments are not relevant here compared to ad hominem and shitposting.
>>
>>54589976
I mean, you can ignore all its faults or dismiss them however you want, they aren't wrong. The Endbringers and Scion are the dumbest parts of Worm, and it could have easily been avoided if they weren't just Overpowered window dressing plot devices. It's clear if you just compare them and what they do to similar beings and their roles in other works of fiction. Sing the praises of Worm all day, it won't change the fact that it's made lesser by the ridiculous power levels.
>>
>>54590133
I haven't read Twig, but I did read Pact and Worm.
Pact was really sad, and it's ending was trying hard to be bittersweet and instead was just bitter. A good read if you don't concern yourself too much with a happy ending.
>>
File: cookiemonsterapproves.jpg (12KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
cookiemonsterapproves.jpg
12KB, 219x230px
>>54590123
You jelly? Salted Jelly?

>>54590170
I agree with everything you've said. Have a Cookie Monster.
>>
Yeah sure, Worm is pretty good all things considering. It's an accomplishment for an amateur (?) writer for something to achieve this much of a fanbase and attention.

Can we at least acknowledge that wildbow is a huge dick though? Because good god man, calm it down with the setting inflation. Does he just hate his own fans or something?
>>
>>54590182
Whiner. Go a read a book.
>>
>>54590176
The posts about the endbringers were, even if you didn't agree with them. The ones calling him a hack are a valid opinion about his work, which you two dismissed as 'jealousy'.

That's the entire point, the way you dismissed it was angry author tier defensiveness.
>>
>>54590210
I liked the clever wordplay and rules-lawyering and the mechanics of things, but sometimes it was hard to keep it all straight and there were times in the story happened for confusing reasons and I was just like 'okay that happened, no idea why, let's just move on rather than try to puzzle it out'.

I've never read Twig. Can someone give me a rundown on it, please.
>>
>>54590266
>The ones calling him a hack are a valid opinion about his work
>Calling someone a hack is a vlid opinion.
Go home, anon. You're drunk.

>That's the entire point, the way you dismissed it was angry author tier defensiveness.
Didn't you know? We are all Wildbow here, anon! Even you!
>>
>>54590170
These are valid opinions and criticisms.

Worm is a very dark and depressing work. The closest it comes to triumph and bright happy endings is 9mm brain surgery and "Yay! We didn't die horrifically yet!"

Obviously, this isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. The story has some rough patches and plot holes - both of which could be attributed to the fact that it's a self-published webnovel that didn't have a typical editing cycle. Not that works that are professionally edited and published always avoid either pitfall.

I do object to people declaring things about the contents without having ever read it, based solely on what they've heard or what they read in some fanfiction version of it.
>>
>>54590181
There's nothing to debate. There's nothing to argue. There's no actual facts being discussed, only matters of taste and subjective opinions.

That's why this pyramid here goes right out the window. You can't refute the central point when there is no central point. You can't provide sources and backup for your facts when there are no facts.
>>
Hey Nuval if I take witch with the cat race is there any way not have plant themes, I dont much like plants.
>>
File: Abimor.jpg (555KB, 877x4370px) Image search: [Google]
Abimor.jpg
555KB, 877x4370px
Since I'm adding an "Organization" section to Generic Creepypasta, what types of options would you guys like to see in it?
>>
>>54590339
From an outside perspective I thought the central point was "Why do people in Jumpchain care so much about the Endbringers?" but it looked like it became something else after that.
>>
>>54589976
Yeah, okay. But wouldn't it be better if there was some tonal variance occasionally? If the worldbuilding tied into the plot more rather than just serving as background material that isn't actually entirely necessary for inclusion? If the Endbringers weren't as literally unbeatable as they are, and weren't actually holding back the entire time, so the parts dealing with them have more actual stakes and engagement, instead of just reading like a long list of casualties?

Like, if you like Worm, that's fine, but recognize some fault in it.
>>
>>54590391

My own Men in black or SCP foundation or Area 51
>>
>>54590391
A talent for containing weird shit effectively and efficiently. Or the ability to figure out how to contain shit effectively and efficiently.
>>
>>54590391
I don't know man, does it really fit? Besides SCP I don't remember there being much focus on organizations in pasta.
>>
>>54590393
It's the telephone effect in action, coupled with reactionary posts.
>>
>>54583177

Don't know if I am too late, but the Age-Age Devil Fruit (700CP) from One Piece is what you want. You can change a person's age with a touch for a max of one year a second. It is a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion as the age powered fruits have been shown to also work on the users.
>>
>>54590391
Hey, can you answer >>54581333
>>
>>54590384
Mmmm, no direct way I don't think. I mean you can just ignore like 90% of the "plant theme" by going headstrong into your magic's theme if that helps. Blair having pumpkins/halloween is what it's based on, but her aesthetic in the story focused mostly around Halloween, being sexy and being a cat. Picking something like Wolfsbane for Wolves, Mistletoe for Christmas, Nightshade for Poison, Sunflowers for Sun or other such themes are definitely applicable.
>>
>>54590321
Yeah, it is a valid opinion. Negative opinions are valid senpai.
>>
>>54590517
>Negative opinions are valid senpai.
Red will never be your waifu, Timmy.
>>
>>54590433
I think he's wanting a way to bring someone back from the dead as a living person (instead of undead) when they died of old age as opposed to something violent. The Age Age fruit would only working on someone alive, wouldn't it?
>>
>>54590413
The Endbringers are indicative of the hopelessness in the setting. They arrive like clockwork. They are never truly dealt with, only warded off to reduce the destruction. The destruction has become routine, the ongoing genocide reduced to being little more than the top headline for a brief time until the next attack in a few months.

They are, ultimately, background elements. This is even moreso when you remember that the story is (mostly) first person from an unreliable narrator. Taylor doesn't have perfect information, and even when she does have all the facts she still often draws the wrong conclusion.

Remember: Every main character is psychologically broken in some way.
>>
>>54590391
I give my vote to this too >>54590425
>>54590545
Not him, but what does have to do with what he said?
>>
>>54590426
Eh, I feel like there are enough stories with government conspiracies, secret shadow organizations and the like for it to fit. Plus it helps give the other origins an equivalent to the Cryptid Perks section.

>>54590449
I think it would depend on the souls and the magic system to be honest. In systems where souls are distinctly separate from magic then probably not.
>>
>>54590545
And Worm won't be yours.
>>
>>54590545
I'm struggling to figure out how the fuck you came to the conclusion that someone is the shitposter for defending the opinion that Wildbow/Worm sucks.
>>
>>54590550
Did anything ever come of this, mate?

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54529318/#54530759
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54529318/#54530903
>>
>>54590426
Nigga, have you never heard of the Men in Black?
>>
>>54590628
No. And neither have you.
>>
>>54590605
Real sorry anon, I don't think we've talked about this question yet.
>>
File: 874572354856832429990.png (114KB, 699x500px) Image search: [Google]
874572354856832429990.png
114KB, 699x500px
>>54589562
>>
>>54590449
There's actually a perk for doing pretty much exactly that in DC Occult.

>The Moving Finger Writes (600 CP, Discount Natural and Dabbler): Magic always has a price and you are certainly no exception to this rule. However, you are very skilled at…
negotiation. You may, in exchange for the normal consequences of a spell, expend enough magical energy to pay your dues. This scales with the value of what would have been taken in the place of the raw energy. Shrugging off addictive magic would be a small fee, but who can put a true value on something so priceless as a human soul? ...What’s that? You can quantify the value of a human soul? Well that doesn’t seem entirely moral, but if you’re willing to pay the exorbitant fee it would surely entail, who am I stop you?
>>
>>54590642
What were we talking about again?
>>
File: 0083-020.jpg (145KB, 862x1220px) Image search: [Google]
0083-020.jpg
145KB, 862x1220px
It was a fun read. Thank you, Val.
>>
>>54590653
I dunno. Did you hear about that gas leak over on Main street?
>>
>>54590648
Ah, k. No problem, mang.
>>
>>54590653
I'm pretty sure we were talking about something like you deciding on a new recipe that you were gonna try out later?

Anyone remember why we were talking about recipes in the thread? Did that chain of posts get deleted? I can't see them anywhere anymore.
>>
>>54590230
He writes WoG for the express purpose of fucking with people. Even if he doesn't really dislike his fans, he might as well when he acts like that.
>>
>>54590665
Yeah, the ending was hilarious. Azuma really gave no shit about destroying another universe and the 100 million people in it. Also glad that they showed her mother was a fucking lunatic. No one sane would have left her child in such a horrible family for over two years.
>>
>>54590571
Losses only sting if they are avoidable. The Endbringers remove all tension from the story when they show up because of the fact that whatever it is they're going to do is going to happen no matter what. Whatever damage you do to them is superficial, whatever damage the want to do is inevitable. Fighting them just makes them hold back less, causing more damage. They exist only to serve a meta role as the author's tool to kill off a bunch of characters suddenly, and to give everyone else a reason to suffer on top of languishing in their angst.
>>
>>54590426
Well let's see the Men in Black, the Paranormal teams who hunt some creepypastas down, the silly kids in over their heads but unwilling to go to the police, and the elderly veteran guy who's 'come across it' before. Orginization might not be the exact wording I'd use but yeah there a plenty that of examples.
>>
>>54590413
>but recognize some fault in it.
I did. Surely you read my post before replying to it?
>>
>>54590717
Honestly, I never get what people have against Wildbow or his WoGs. Like, I read pretty much all of them and I've got no problem with them. I guess people just don't like that the the real "strength" of the setting wasn't shown in the novel, and now they think he's wanking his own creation?
>>
>>54590573
>>54590391
Perks for recruiting skilled agents to help you deal with supernatural threats?

Something that lets you find, kidnap, or make disposable people to test on?

Revealing the truth to people and shattering the masquerade?

Finding or building dangerous supernatural objects?

Decoding heavily censored documents or finding the uncensored versions?

Perks that let you combine dangerous objects and/or individuals you're in possession of?
>>
>>54590578
>someone is the shitposter for defending the opinion that Wildbow/Worm sucks.
Yes. You are completely correct.
>>
>>54583764
So how dangerous is this series? Like, do people actually have the power to back up surviving and destroying universes all casual-like, or is that just the end result of a specific effect which is largely unique in scale?
>>
>>54590391
Might be missing the point a bit, but I'd like something to be more "mystical illuminati" than "modern conspiracy". Being able to parlay with beings you really shouldn't be able to, using poorly known magic to do your securing, containment, and protecting. Being able to work as an organization completely separate from society. Keeping your creed intact even after centuries of work. What kinda stuff are you focusing on for this section anyway?
>>
>>54590753
I think it's because folks get a Suggsverse feel off such things. Maybe.
>>
>>54590795
Suggsverse is in it's own special league of overpowered, anon. Nothing compares!
If anything Wildbow more make the setting feel like DC or Marvel than what the story did with his WoG statments, for better or worse.
>>
>>54590816
The enbringers are denser that all collective mass in the galaxy.
>>
>>54590753
Why tho? Wildbow has explicitly stated that the final punch demonstrated in Saitama's duel with Boros would be sufficient to one-shot them.
>>
>>54590838
Oh, that old chestnut. Where Wildbow was taken wildly out of context by ignoranouses and then enchoed by other people who don't know any better but really like to pretend. Try something not stupid, okay.

>>54590845
Because that's what Saitama does. He's a joke character who kills anything in one punch.
>>
File: gulag escaperman.png (9KB, 1179x116px) Image search: [Google]
gulag escaperman.png
9KB, 1179x116px
>>54590785
It's basically a customization table, so ideally both "mystical illuminati" and "modern conspiracy" would be possible. The focus would be on things like special branches of the organization (security, strike teams, R&D, management, unpaid interns, etc.), features for your base/bases (containment chambers, labs, turrets, weapon stockpiles, etc.) and then other misc. stuff like special training for the members of your organization, rights given to you by the government, and sources of funding (or Shell Companies and Products, as it's written in the document).
>>
>>54590888
>Word of God isn't a problem because any time someone brings up facts I don't like, I just pretend they're lying
Intellectual dishonestly will get you nowhere.
>>
>>54590888
Except no. Regardless of his status as a "joke character", Saitama is capable of destroying them by feats alone. No need to get meta here.
>>
>>54590902
We definitely need something for keeping the secrets, well, secret. Cover, disinformation and the like.
>>
>>54590922
How about you prove that he said that. You are the one making the accusation, then the burden of proof is one you, not the person who disbelieves you.
It is far more dishonest to make unsubstantiated claims and then not show evidence when challenged than to disbelieve an unsubstantiated claim.

>>54590943
I was paraphrasing Wildbow. Right or wrong, unless I am badly misremembering, that's a fair paraphrase of what he said.
>>
>>54590838
Proof?
>>
>>54591024
Endbringers weakest layer is hard as aluminum alloy, they have around 200 layers, each twice as dense and strong as the last.
>>
Wildbow's world building is not very great in opinion. I have a lot of issues with some of the stuff built.

I do admit that Worm is quite an accomplishment. Its very impressive what Wildbow has done. I just don't care for Worm. Honestly most of hatred for it is actually reserved for its fans who I often find to be obnoxious in how they act like Worm is the greatest piece of fiction and how they treat its worldbuilding as perfect and super realistic. They often cite how much time Wildow put into to world building as to why its great but a lot time and effort doesn't always mean something is good. And admittedly Wildow's trolling nature has made me start to hate him as well.

I think at its core Worm's biggest issue is how schizophrenic it is. It tires to be too many different things at once and ends up failing.

I'm only jumping it because of the powers offered and me wanting to kill a bunch of the characters.
>>
>>54591024
Here's most of the relevant WoG:

>https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/5nna4j/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=f96fbf74372748feab8b63be7fb25aeb&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=5nna4j

Feel free to ignore the "analysis" if you'd prefer.
>>
>>54590902
Oh. Well... a more grassroots type of branch tied to local communities. Like a neighbourhood watch or group of concerned citizens who are all tied to your organization and use their social authority to find new members and cover for smaller operations. Might be too small-scale. A secret underground lair (both a worked one that's all sleek metal with modern security and such and one that's mainly a lot of tunnels with things like lighting and wires being hidden). A psychiatric instituion or halfway house that while able to do its thing is also a cover for your organization and can dissapear the people there relatively easy. A strike team primarily composed of Cryptids. How far are you planning on having the government thing go? Anything on the level of basically being equivalent to the FBI or CIA (except, you know, even more secretive about what you actually do)?
>>
Are there any perks for keeping an enemy from escaping/running away while you're fighting it? I want to try and kill the Demigorgon in Stranger Things so that Eleven can stay with her new friends, but I'm not strong enough to instantly kill it yet, so I'm looking for a way to keep it from just fleeing into the Upside Down when I'm about to kill it.
>>
It's good to know that /jc/ thinks popular things are lame, and whatever you think is cool is actually stupid and you're dumb for liking it. Can we move on, now?
>>
>>54591113
>I hate it because of its fans
0/10
>shizophrenic
Please give some actual examples. I thought that it was pretty consistent throughout its story.
>>
>>54591196
Half of this argument is some defensive people saying anyone who doesn't like Worm is trolling/jealous. Opposite problem.
>>
>>54591180
Well, won't in general stop people from running away; but in this specific instance, a D&D Dimensional Lock spell should keep it from going into the Upside Down. More generally, maybe those perks that make an "arena" for you? I think there's one in God of Highschool, and the Gamer has Illusion Barriers.
>>
>>54591100
Sooo... no proof then. Shocker.

>>54591145
I don't have anything to do with Reddit, so... Does any of this actually come from Wildbow? I'm going to need the actual source of the quote, not someone's analysis of it to count as evidence, otherwise it could easily be taken out of context.
I take it this is what you're basing your own opinion off of?

>>54591113
I don't agree with you, but that's fine since we are different people with different opinions. Also, trolling of any sort pisses me off, so I can sympathise.

Out of curiosity, which characters are you aiming to kill?
>>
>>54591205
He might be referencing some of the creative decisions behind the story? Like how the people who survived the Leviathan attack were randomly rolled and even Taylor might have just died? He still kinda sounds like a shit though.
>>
>>54591230
>Sooo... no proof then. Shocker.
Those numbers are from the wiki.
>>
>>54591228
You just Jelly of Salted Jelly, Jelly_anon.
>>
>>54590720
>The King is left alone in the worst possible destiny imaginable
>He has a blast
>>
>>54591229
Those are good ideas, thanks anon.
>>
>>54591254
Did you make a link to the quote? No, you didn't.
Did you link the wiki? No, you didn't.
Seriously, do you not understand what 'evidence' is. You need more than a simple statement, you need to cite something.
>>
>>54591230
It's compiled. I gave that because linking everything relevant would be a massive pain. The blue text has links to the actual authorial quotes if you want everything.
>>
>>54591230
>I don't have anything to do with Reddit, so... Does any of this actually come from Wildbow? I'm going to need the actual source of the quote, not someone's analysis of it to count as evidence, otherwise it could easily be taken out of context.
>I take it this is what you're basing your own opinion off of?
Are you trolling now? There were links to the WoG in the post itself.

>>54591248
>He still kinda sounds like a shit though.
I still don't get this. I'm ok with people thinking the story is shit, tastes are different after all, but how you can think that Wildbow is an ass completely escapes me.

>>54591263
It really brought tears to my eyes that the King could finally find his very own darkness.
>>
>>54590720
>>54591263
This setting scares and confuses me.
<old chinese man>I must do Reeesearch! </old chinese man>
>>
>>54591274
Ah so you wete pretending to be retarded. Ok.
>>
>>54591286
I was saying the guy you were replying too sounded like a shit even if I could maybe parse some reason to what he was saying. I don't know anything about Wildbow himself.
>>
>>54591286
>Are you trolling now?
Nope, just really unfamiliar with Reddit.
I've found the link and am reading it now.
>(keep in mind that you're effectively having to dig through a spiral galaxy's equivalent of matter to reach the core in the first place)
Does he explain what he means by 'equivalent'. I feel like that's important here.

>>54591298
Go spin, kid.
>>
>>54591298
>Retard
>Says Retard.
Oh, 4chan. Never change, my love.
>>
>>54591165
I was thinking having the base level being tied to one government, with an upgraded version being a more world wide type of deal. Like a supernatural Interpol.

Thanks for the ideas; those are all pretty good.
>>
>>54591320
Equivalent
e·quiv·a·lent
əˈkwiv(ə)lənt/Submit
adjective
equal in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
"one unit is equivalent to one glass of wine"
synonyms: equal, identical, same; More
noun
a person or thing that is equal to or corresponds with another in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
>>
>>54590720
It is a touching tale about why you, your loved ones, and your/their happiness are all infinitely more important than the lives of others.

The main character is there just to kill her abusive family and the moment someone she actually cares about is on the line she decides it would be better to just nuke the project designed to save both worlds and kill the other world off.
>>
>>54591320
>'equivalent'
He could mean the amount of matter from a cross-section between the outer edge and core. The amount you would encounter on an average vector passing through the core. The total mass of the galaxy as a whole.
I mean, it's alot of mass either way, but there's still quite a difference in scale depending.

>>54591365
Pfft. Good one. Nice to see this classic again after so long.
>>
>>54591205
>Please give some actual examples. I thought that it was pretty consistent throughout its story.
The themes mostly. It worked as a street level story but after Leviathan it really fell apart. The world is supposed to be close to collapse but from what we see society and civilization acts like it does today. That just one example of how it tries to present itself as realistic but utterly fails. Cauldron comes off as Saturday morning cartoon villains rather than what they're supposed to be

>>54591230
>Out of curiosity, which characters are you aiming to kill?
Contessa, Doctor Mother, Rebecca, David, Jack, and others.
>>
>>54591320
I imagine he's either referring to the fact that Endbringers are made of a single type of materials while galaxies are... diverse, to say the least, or to the fact that Endbringers use dimensional bullshit to layer themselves on themselves, so the deeper you go the harder it is to get through any given layer... which isn't really applicable to something like literally going through a galaxy, which means how much you actually need to reach the core varies in comparison to reaching the core of a galaxy that somehow lined up perfectly for you to get a solid wall to go through.

Or something else entirely.
>>
>>54591390
>it would be better to just nuke the project designed to save both worlds and kill the other world off.
Saying this with little to no knowledge of the setting beyond the jump, but the seems like a real dick move. Why? How did that have anything to do with saving the person she cared about?
>>
>>54591320
People give you proof and you ignore it while acting like you know what you are talking about.

Maybe you need to do some actual reading for once. Here google can tell you a definition.

e·quiv·a·lent
əˈkwiv(ə)lənt/Submit
adjective
equal in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
"one unit is equivalent to one glass of wine"
synonyms: equal, identical, same; More
noun
a person or thing that is equal to or corresponds with another in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
>>
>>54590720
>Also glad that they showed her mother was a fucking lunatic.
They did? I remember her complaining about her in the epilogue but I thought that was just Azuma having become a teenager.
>>
>>54591407
>Doctor Mother
The real cause of the world going to shit as fast as it did.
>>
>>54591420
Someone beat you to it famalam.>>54591365
>>
>>54591411
You know the whole reserve tanks thing? Well she was the only one left who could meaningfully hurt the last world devil and her abusive family was all dead. This means her Reserve Tank was now someone she liked.
>>
>>54591407
>Contessa, Doctor Mother, Rebecca, David, Jack, and others.
>David
David as in Eidolon?
Why kill him? I mean, I know he's apparently the source of the endbringers, but he didn't do it deliberately, and he might be able, if he knew, to take control of them and make them a force for good. So why kill?

>>54591420
Someone's already beat you to the punch, kid, and made the joke a great deal funnier. So, I repeat for the retarded among us - Go spin.
>>
>>54591451
Well fuck.
>>
>>54591346
Also, perhaps something unique in the items section, like that one sub-type of a cryptid race that is friendlier to humanity and you can at times recruit from them join you or something (There was a show about supernatural police, forgot its name, but it had monsters and humans alike, awesome shit for back then).
I would love for something like a cryptid only city that has joined to aid you (And you are studying them because yo, this is interesting shit).

Perhaps a sub-branch that holds a cult to something friendly (Or the jumper, since jumpers are often eldritch, though a companion who has become a cryptid would also work).
>>
>>54591320
How about you offer some proof that refutes the evidence presented saying you are wrong?
>>
>>54591411
From the intro it seems to me that the two worlds can't coexist indefinitely, so both universes might have been destroyed before someone could figure out a solution. My guess is she wanted to remove the long-term danger to said loved one.
>>
>>54591450
Yeah, not a fan either. You know, it occurs to me that there are some parallels between her and Saint.
Both stumbled across something neither had the ability to properly handle, but instead of passing it on to someone who could, made excuses and held onto the responsibility and made many, many fuckups because of it.
That had to be deliberate.
The parallel is so strong I'm embarassed I didn't notice sooner.

>>54591458
Oh. That sounds pretty sad. I'm really going to have to take the time and get familiar with this setting.

>>54591487
Burdeon of Proof is always on the accuser (accusing Wildbow of making a particular statement in this case), not the person calling them out on their accusation and asking for proof. Don't you know something that basic?

>>54591468
Pfft. Sad isn't it, to realise that you aren't all that original afterall, kid.

>>54591513
I think Val said ealier that it is possible to give everyone a 'happy ending' but you'd need out of setting stuff to do it. Which speaks pretty poorly for any effort made by people in setting to resolve things by themselves.
Time for Jumper to be a big damn hero, or not as the case may be.
>>
>>54591513
The plan was to have everyone on both worlds to evacuate to third world. She decided that her pet parakeet was more important than anyone else's lives, blew wonderland to nothing, and then happily killed off the entire other world.
>>
>>54591552
>Burdeon of Proof is always on the accuser (accusing Wildbow of making a particular statement in this case), not the person calling them out on their accusation and asking for proof. Don't you know something that basic?

The wiki puts the endbringers weakest layer at that of aluminum alloy, even if we use the very weakest density of aluminum alloy that multiplied by 2^200 is a number so astronomically high that the density is basically unbreakable by physics, something wildblow has also said. Now is this the accurate density of the galaxy? I dont know I havent measured galactic density. Look it up in the endbringer wiki.
>>
>>54591513
>>54591552
The Alice in question has very little empathy, due to the way she was abused. This, unfortunately, means she had no problems obliterating the other worlds so that what she actually cared about would not be in danger.
>>
Don't argue with autists /jc/
>>
>>54591636
What does autist mean, I think the meaning is important here.
>>
>>54591664
You need to explain what "think" means. I feel like that's important here.
>>
The Salt jump is in the N-Z folder even though it is imaged and it is a joke jump.

The Genius the Transgression jump is in the Uploads folder even though the jumpmaker haven't fixed any of the problems that were brought up weeks ago.
>>
>>54591685
Explain "feel". This is clearly important here.
>>
This is why people hate Worm. Fuck that piece of shit and everyone who likes it.
>>
>>54591706
No explain Important, that is clearly the oprating word here.
>>
>>54591664
I mean, 4chan does use the term incorrectly all the time.
>>
>>54591560
Wha? That sounds horrible.
I mean, if it was a cat or a dog, it'd make complete sense, but a parakeet?!

>>54591622
The point is about how you present evidence, not the substance of it anon. If you want to provide evidence based on a wiki, then don't leave it as just a statement, include a link. Don't expect a statement to substitute for actual evidence, or get salty when called out on it, just learn for the future, okay.

>>54591636
But it's just so much Fun!
Seriously though, either the kid has learned or he hasn't. I don't have any more time for this.

>>54591664
Autist
The singular form of autistic. Usually in reference to those who play sandbox games such as minecraft other than actual autistic peoples.
Billy from down the street is an autist
#downie#retard#autism#autistic#plebeian#faggot#
Pfft

>>54591685
>>54591706
>>54591719
Eh, trying too hard there, kid. Don't quit your 'day job'. You wouldn't make it it in comedy.
>>
>>54591718
Here
>>
>>54591728
>Seriously though, either the kid has learned or he hasn't.
You're the autist.
>>
>>54591718
But Worms is a very popular series. You can't take those games away from us!
>>
>>54591728
>Eh, trying too hard there, kid. Don't quit your 'day job'. You wouldn't make it it in comedy.
Jokes on you, I was only 1 of those posts.
>>
>>54591755
Sure you were.
>>
>>54591728
>Autist
>The singular form of autistic. Usually in reference to those who play sandbox games such as minecraft other than actual autistic peoples.
>Billy from down the street is an autist
>#downie#retard#autism#autistic#plebeian#faggot#
Whoops. Forgot to reference: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Autist

>>54591755
>Jokes on you, I was only 1 of those posts.
Yeah, sure.

>>54591745
But, anon. I don't play minecraft. Ha
>>
Infinite Stratos*
Golem Games- +200
super genius
15 years old
Roll(1d8)+0:8,+0 Total:8 chose America
Simply Gorgeous- Free
IS Education and Training- Free
Shamefully Shameless , free for super genius like this wasn't true already?
Bunny Eared Genius- 100 discount for super genius fun
One in a Trillion -300 discount for super genius . I always take these, intelligence is necessary for damn near everything of import.

Uniform:nice practical jumpsuit . Free going more for a grease monkey vibe
Personal IS- Free . Of course I'm getting the power armor
IS Lab -300 discount for genius . I'm surprised this wasn't put into an actual science perk
convert 500 CP into 500 SP the power armor Here is pretty nice.
Shielding not worth opening up to so much attack or is it? I am as protected as any part of me is protected Thanks to fashion from high school of The dead right?
PIC (Passive Inertia Control) handy.
Hyper Sensor . Not sure but I think I can already do this
Closed form . Well this is redundant
import: battler G -100 gotta take this.
Aegis Projectors- 200 I always get these
Lots of Slots- 100 with my new lab. I'll be able to make some my stuff for this easily
additional limbs:extra arms-50
Trap Tech- 100 . These are always fun
Tentacular!X3 one left torso one center torso one right torso -150 . This way I will actually be able to use my transformation gimmicks on my own
AIC (Active Inertia Canceller)- 300 nice trick
Reiraku Byakuya- 500 cancel any energy field? This will be very handy
*note: immediately follows Fate/Zero

Plans include: building and distributing a more equitable for power armor, exploring that cool hidden stuff I picked up in sword and sorcery , stealing world treasures and generally having plot irrelevant adventures
>>
>>54591749
>Worm
>games
Uh, anon. It's a webnovel.
Ah, what a nice breeze.
~joke going over my head~
>>
>>54591755
Lies. Your name is Anonymous, therefore you are all the Anonymous. Even this one.
>>
>>54591767
>>54591768
Yeah, Im the one who fucked up the word operating.
>>
>>54591728
You literally refused to accept WoG, claimed that it was lies and out of context, then when it was brought in front of you with quotes, you then turned around and said that it doesn't matter because you don't need to prove shit and you don't want to accept evidence when it's shoved in your face. You are a fucking subhuman.
>>
>>54591801
Fuck you even if you aren't samefagging your opinion is invalid as long as I say so.
>>
>>54591804
Prove it.
>>
>>54591798
Yes. Worm is a webnovel.
Worms is a game series.
I added a letter and thusly changed the topic.
Sadly, the memo got lost in an Endbringer attack.
>>
Again, this is why no one who isn't retarded likes Worm.
>>
>>54591821
But I am Anonymous, as are you, therefore my opinion is your opinion. What I say is what you say.
>>
>>54591825
I wish I could but no matter what proof I give it will not be enough.
>>
>>54591804
Take a screen shot with the (you). that's generally seen as good enough proof, otherwise you're just wasting 'breath'.

>>54591807
Wow. If you need to lie so badly to cover up your own idiocy then there's just no helping you, kid. The proof's in the pudding, anyone can see the posts and know that you are full of shit. i don't even feel the need to defend myself you are so obvious about it.

>>54591829
Worms. Oh, I haven't played that in ages.
>>
>>54591832
Just kidding, I love Worm.
>>
>>54591832
Don't see where you get that from, anon. I take it you aren't a fan.

>>54591829
Right. Joke went right over my head even worse than what I thought.

>>54591855
>Oh, I haven't played that in ages.
Same here. I used to have so much fun playing that when I was young.
>>
Has anyone read Twig from Wilbow? Could someone give me a summary, please? I'm a complete blank sheet here, anything would be appreciated.
>>
>>54591851
I don't even know what's going on anymore.
>>
>>54591853
>no proof
That's what I thought.
>>
>>54591893
It's probably total garbage, just like Worm.
>>
>>54591894
No one ever does, anon.
~tokes a hit~
>>
>>54591853
See the first response: >>54591855
>>
>>54591914
Wait, why did I toke that?
These voices in my head are very strange sometimes.
>>
>>54591728
>but a parakeet?!
To be fair the parakeet did turn into a human.
>>
>>54591910
What happened that you decided to just be a douche? Are you just having a bad day, or are you genuinely trying to harm other people? That you'll never meet? With words?
>>
>>54591910
As summaries go, that isn't all that helpful, anon.

>>54591893
Sorry, only ever read Worm and Pact.

>>54591949
Wait isn't 'toking' what the 'cool kids' call it. I'm aged like fine wine or curdled milk and am not 'up' on the 'longo'.
>>
>Op didn't put the discord link on the first posts
:^)
>>
>>54591982
>'longo'.
lingo
I'm not that out of touch that I thought that was the correct spelling, just a mistake.

>>54591975
I honestly don't know if it makes things better or worse.
>>
>>54592001
Fuuuuuuck

You.
>>
>>54591982
I agree with myself to a point, but I would never call myself aged. I've been holding at 29, no matter what the calendar says.
>>
File: nowkiss.jpg (4KB, 164x121px) Image search: [Google]
nowkiss.jpg
4KB, 164x121px
>>54592001
>>54592008
>>
>>54592001
Thank you for reminding us that /jc/ is fragmenting into cliques.
>>
Could a Hellsing True Vampire feasibly increase in power by strengthening their own soul rather than absorbing others?
>>
>>54592046
But who are the Jocks, the Nerds, the Cheerleaders, the Goth kids and the Musicians?
Who are you?
>>
>>54591893
Victorian-ish England with some serious biotech. Nobility has gone apeshit thanks to said biotech letting them do some wacky shit. Mad science is the name of the game and ethics are very loose. Also the main characters were made from the ground up by said mad scientists. Britain is really fucking expansionist. There is also some kind of bio-AI who's taken to calling itself God in order to try and assert control over humanity. Supposedly it can make viruses capable of doing things such as making roses grow inside every vein and artery in your body.

I didn't want to go through the same wait I did with Pact so I dropped Twig early. This is the best I can do for you.
>>
>>54592052
I think in any setting that gives you the option, you can benefit regardless.
Are you thinking of a specific means of strengthening the soul?
>>
>>54592046
A reminder that the IRC is open to all.

Except Bancho. Especially Bancho.
>>
>>54591893
I think the premise is that the entire world is based off Bonesaw-tier bio tinkering. Engineered bio weapons, workforce, etc.
>>
>>54592071
I'm surprised he hasn't logged in to the discord.

SOMEONE GO THROW HIM IN THERE.
SEE HOW QUICKLY THE IDEA TURNS SOUR.
>>
desu the only good thing about worm's shitty worldbuilding is that is has a lot of fanfiction and gave us one of our better jumps.
>>
>>54592077
I have though, and it's been going pretty okay
>>
>>54592064
Thanks, anon. that actually sounds really interesting. I do like me some biotech. I'll go check it out.

>>54592074
>Bonesaw
I am suddeny a lot more nervous...

>>54592077
I'd bet, quickly. Very very quickly.
>>54592096
Uh, it's a good thing I don't gamble, then.

>>54592091
Are you thinking about any specific fanfic when you say that? Care to rec?
>>
>>54592077
He's already there. Unfortunately.
>>
>>54592103
Shit, all the more reason never to join the Discord. I'd rather be on IRC than that.
>>
>>54592103
And like that, you've shot to hell any chance of me logging in. Still remember TF.
>>
>>54592070
...I'm sorry, the option for what? Benefiting from what, regardless of what?

Just perks which make your soul stronger? Such as Powerful Soul in Anima?
>>
>>54592116
>>54592122
Your absence will be sorely felt, lol.
>>
>>54592091
Maybe if you had any idea about how the setting works you wouldn't be so stupid.
>>
>>54592150
Not as sorely as Bancho's presence.
>>
>>54592122
>TF

Transformers?

Transfats?

Team Fortress?

The fuck?
>>
>>54592131
The option to strengthen your own soul.
Regardess of whether you became a Hellsing Vampire from the Hellsing jump.
I'm not sure about the means, anon didn't elaborate, but yeah, I guess through perks, but there's also setting where you power and your soul are related, like Xianxia settings.
>>
So wait are endbringers hyperdense or not? I was going by what thread said before and if they aren't that dense then things are a lot easier to take care of.
>>
>>54592116
>>54592122
Yeah, and it's worse than that. Dirge is there too. Calls himself "Regina".
>>
>>54592183
They are very dense. Dense enough that in-setting if you don't have Sting, don't expect to kill them. Some OCP maybe be good enough though.
>>
>>54592197
Great.

Now a shitposter's latched onto me.

God damn it.
>>
>>54592197
>Dirge is there too. Calls himself "Regina".
>Calls himself "Regina".
>Regina
Can you hear my inarticulate screams from where-ever you are, anon?

>>54592216
So it's just shitposting? Thank god.
I really need to get better at recognising that.
>>
>>54592216
Never post anything.

Only way to avoid the shitpostasaur.
>>
>>54592216
Use some diluted apple cider vinegar. That'll get rid of the little blighter.
>>
Would Endbringers notice if you confessed your love to them? They are hyperdense after all.
>>
>>54592183
If you don't have extra/multidimensional stuff, yes. They get their durability by having a fuckton of the same material overlap a single area. So even if that material has the same general properties as aluminum in the universe it inhabits, in the universe the active Endbringer is in, it can be a hell of a lot tougher and denser.
>>
>>54592180
Oh, no, I was that anon. I was wondering if soul strengthening could potentially strengthen your vampire abilities. Considering more souls equates to a stronger vampire, there's obviously some spiritual component; so depending on what the souls are used for (power batteries? metaphysical presence?), soul absorption might be rendered unnecessary.
>>
Can someone list me off some jumps that offer powers with a "you can only have one" rule? More specifically, those that have fatal consequences for trying to get more than one.

I only just decided to check out the Jorge Joestar jump, and the capstone for humans, which lets you sidestep such limitations. I'm not asking this for the sake of combos per se lord knows I went straight for ultimate lifeform but as soon as I read that, I could have sworn there were a couple jumps that offered powers like that which I really liked. I'm asking out of ocd more than anything, because I'm drawing a complete blank as to what specific powers I was thinking of.
>>
>>54592234
>Can you hear my inarticulate screams from where-ever you are, anon?
I dun get it.
>>
>>54592288
Uh, To Aru, RWBY, and One Piece?
>>
>>54592263
Well, I don't know for certain. I guess a stronger soul or containing stronger souls would give you a boost in Vampire related abilities, although come to think of it, note that Dark Binding is not Vampire exclusive so it should be ale to help with other things, although Alucard's trick of displacing his death towards one of his contained souls may not be feasible for you if you go a quality over quanitity approach.
I guess, fanwank?
Seras did need to absorb at least one soul (Pip) to become a real true vampire, while Mina didn't, leaving her an inferior type of vampire, but whether you can get round that by strengthening your own soul...? Don't know.
>>
>>54592091
>gave us one of our better jumps
Are you talking about the Worm jump or something else?
>>
>>54592334
Besides One Piece, I don't think there's anything in those settings that would stop you from getting more than one of their respective powers with Ultimate Lifeform.
>>
>>54592288
Someone posted a list shortly after Val posted the jump. Sorry, I don't have time to look for it for you. Onepiece Devil fruit were in the list.
>>
>>54592362
Pretty sure it's almost impossible normally to have multiple AIM field powers without exploding.
>>
>>54592252
They are hyperdense, but only on the level of a galaxy. Not to the level of, say, Orimura Ichika.
>>
>>54592288
Hmm... Inhumans from MCU? Maybe?
>>
First half of Kamen Rider writefag is go.
https://pastebin.com/JKUuxXhn
>>
>>54592397
Hm. I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard of any specific property that would make it so. But even if that were the case, you'd just have to get AIM Stalker first and train it up a bit. That should take care of the issue.
>>
>>54592288
InFamous Conduits? Honestly, fatal results from having more than one power is pretty rare, even in settings where having multiple is explicitly impossible.
>>
>>54592288
Boktai, depending on your origin.
>>
>>54592288
Renegade virus from Double Cross.
>>
>>54592334
>>54592362
>>54592374

Ah! Right, it was totally one piece I was thinking of. Even if it was practically irrelevant with the choices I actually picked, this would have been digging at me all day. I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1468324484125380112.jpg (142KB, 811x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1468324484125380112.jpg
142KB, 811x1081px
Other than being a soul eater cat are there any perks that give you more souls?
>>
>>54592524
Is it even possible CP-wise to pick up that ability wheny you already have Ultimate Lifeform?
>>
>>54584569
Is Kamen Rider / Power Rangers Super Hero enough?
>>
>>54592542
Nope.
>>
>>54592526
Weeell, you could always use the First Magic...? Maybe?
>>
>>54592542
No, at least not without companion shenanigans. You'd be short 50 CP.
>>
>>54592526
Devil Tigers have something like that going on.
>>
>>54592566
>>54592584
Was it ever shown what actually causes death after you have eaten two Devil Fruits? Would a regen factor help you out there to mitigate any problems?
>>
>>54592584
1600+600=2200

You'd be short 150 CP.
>>
>>54592526
Hellsing has Dark Binding. Sure, you have to eat them first, but...
>>
>>54592601
Do they?

>>54592581
What use first magic to make more souls of me to put in me?
>>
>>54592606
It hasn't been shown, no, but supposedly you explode. So I don't know, maybe if you were durable enough to contain the explosive force? There is another perk that lets you possess multiple powers that would cause one wielder to be torn apart by them, though. Can't remember its name, but it's in the Duel Monsters Fantasy jump.
>>
>>54592526
Power of Dominance from Castlevania
>>
>>54592639
>Do they?
Yes. That's what the demons you spawn are. They're not just spirits with some mystical connection to you, they have that mystical connection because they're your souls. Less important ones than your main one, so if you want to have multiple equal and redundant souls that won't work, but they are souls.
>>
Is it possible to make the tomb from warhammer tomb kings also an exalted manse?
>>
>>54592397
No? There's one character whose power is using the posts of anyone within her range. And then there was that scientist chick who wasn't even an Esper but channeled like a thousand different abilities.
>>
>>54592639
>use first magic to make more souls of me to put in me?
Technically, First Magic can create ANYTHING. Why not a soul that is literally yours, despite you having one already?
>>
>>54592698
yeah it's Called geomancy and it is legit a thing you can do with exalted magic
>>
>>54592712
I think I need to get an ok on that but it would be a very cool workaround for what I want to do
>>
>>54592698
I don't see why not. There are already upgrades available to it to make it capable of channeling magical energy. And there's nothing saying you can't modify the tomb, which would allow you to shape the way it channels said magical energy to form a Hearthstone and power Manse Abilities and all that. The hardest bit would be ensuring it has a demesne to cap no matter where your travels take it, though that's possible to get around. The Mobile power gives it a moving demesne built into it, so shape the tomb's geomancy to form that sort of demesne and it should come with. As a bonus, you'd also have an unstoppable juggernaut of destruction able to level countries just by passing through them.
>>
>>54592362
>Besides One Piece
Don't people in One Piece already have multiple Devil Fruit powers?

Is there a list of things from other jumps Ultimate Life form will definitely let you copy?
>>
>>54592712
>Technically, First Magic can create ANYTHING. Why not a soul that is literally yours, despite you having one already?
Because the First Magic creates things, not modifies them, so his body that's designed to only have one soul in it might suffer some problems. Though I'm sure those problems could be addressed with other magic. The Third Magic, of course, but also out-of-jump things.
>>
>>54592805
Blackbeard acquired a second power through currently unknown means. So it is theoretically possible.
>>
>>54592646
Duel monsters Fantasy?
>>
>>54592698
A manse needs a demesne to be build upon. The problem is that you'd need to create a demesne that follows you in some ways, perhaps either on a property that follows you like one of the islands you can buy or just in a pocket dimension.

Then it's a simple matter of dropping the tomb onto that, and modifying it's structure to properly cap the demesne.

>>54592795
Mobile manses don't have an internal demesne. They require power fed into them from /many/ other manses, precisely because the demesne doesn't go with them.

Perhaps you're thinking of the Travelling power, which does move with it's demesne and all? But that can only be built on an already-moving demesne, and you can't steer it.
>>
>>54592646
>>54592839
Duel Monsters: Shadow Realm is the actual title, but the setting is basically your typical fantasy world.
>>
>>54592805
>Don't people in One Piece already have multiple Devil Fruit powers?
One guy does, but as far as we know he's unique. There's a vaguely-worded line that suggests that he might have taught his crew to do the same, but when one of his most trusted lieutenants shows up they don't have any Devil Fruit powers at all. But maybe Burgess just didn't want Devil Fruit powers, and valued being able to swim over them, or something like that. It will remain uncertain until we see more of Blackbeard's crew show up in the narrative again, which probably won't be for a while.

>>54592839
Did I get the name wrong? It's the Duel Monsters jump set in the Shadow Realm itself. Is it just Duel Monsters Shadow Realm?
>>
>>54592763
>pic

what

the sweet salty christ
>>
>>54592805
>Is there a list of things from other jumps Ultimate Life form will definitely let you copy?
No, because it'd probably be easier to list what it couldn't copy.
>>
>>54592872
I have zero clue but those fuckin eyes look like disturbingly poor photoshop
>>
>>54592866
>>54592871
Thanks. Now to find that perk.
>>
>>54592876
>what it couldn't copy.
Is there a list of things it cannot copy then?
>>
>>54592810
I only have 1 fate true magic and thats the first, I dont know of any inherent downsides of having more than my current 9 souls though, and I do have waveform anatomy so it could just add layers or even split me, could be awesome or terrifying. It is a neat experiment though, cause my goal was 108 souls.
>>
>>54592906
It should be in the Priest Tree. Something to do with Light and Darkness.
>>
>>54592903
>>54592872
Not sure, it was on google real deep for anime genie.
>>
>>54592908
I the description for the race itself. Also, probably not anything that relies on an external power source, or at least, such a thing would most likely only last for your current jump.
>>
File: Ib Gauntlet.pdf (521KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ib Gauntlet.pdf
521KB, 1x1px
Moving past the whole mix-up from yesterday, I want to post my Ib gauntlet again to make sure that everything looks okay. Feedback on any problems is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>54592810
>Not creating a potion/miracle machine/runes that modify you first

Really, the rule of 'just creating' is not really a limitation.
>>
>>54592064
What's America up to?
>>
>>54592906
>>54592921
The perk you're looking for is Dedication Through Light and Darkness, under Destiny of CHAOS. Drop-Ins can pick three Destiny perk trees to get discounts on.
>>
>>54592961
I can do potions and enchanting real good, miracle is also something I picked up, maybe I can turn one of my altforms into a tattooed up binding sigil to safetely contain all 108 souls.
>>
>>54592856
>Mobile manses don't have an internal demesne. They require power fed into them from /many/ other manses, precisely because the demesne doesn't go with them.

>Perhaps you're thinking of the Travelling power, which does move with it's demesne and all? But that can only be built on an already-moving demesne, and you can't steer it.

Huh. I could have sworn there was a version that let you steer the internal demesne of Traveling (you're right, I got the name mixed up). But there appears not to be, at all. What was I thinking of, then? Oh well, doesn't matter. Okay, so that plan doesn't work, but there are other ways you could get a permanent demesne. Using just Exalted techniques, I'm sure you could set up a Manse to use geomantic engineering tools to build its own, while operating on alternate power sources (lightning boxes, for example) during the process. Or you could set up some method with portal technology to artificially connect to distant geomantic features and bring them together into a pseudo-demesne. Just search through the local multiverse to find one, that sort of thing. Or build a demesne on a property that follows you, like Jumpveria. Point is, there are ways around this. My initial idea might have been wrong but the general concept is sound.
>>
>>54592805
>>54592823
Also, Big Mom appears to have gained hers by eating Mother Caramel/Carmel/whatever-her-name-is. ...Maybe that's what he did with Whitebeard's corpse?
>>
>>54592961
Because of time limitations. It takes fucking forever to learn to make anything good with the First Magic, so if you're making another useful thing it'll take even longer to figure out how to make that, too. Not everyone's willing to spend a millennium figuring out how to wish into existence something they could have solved with other means in a decade.
>>
>>54593038
I shall use the First to make... A perfect burger.
Excuse me while I spend the next 13,000 years in the Civ jump.
>>
>>54593036
Yeah, I don't buy it. The vagueness with how that scene is presented makes me think we're just meant to think that Big Mom ate Caramel, and there's going to be a twist that reveals it was really something weirder.

Also, we know that's not how Blackbeard did it, even if that works. Whitebeard's corpse remained after the power theft.
>>
File: 1113118347975.jpg (71KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1113118347975.jpg
71KB, 720x720px
So I am thinking of Starting a Side chain. I am looking for suggestions for a good jump to start it. Any ideas welcome.
>>
>>54593098
Symphogear. Search your feelings - you know it to be true.
>>
>>54593098
What is a side chain? Is it anything like a side bitch?
>>
What's a perk that can help me convince somebody to get their head out of their ass.

Alternatively, what's a good way to retire a meme. For good.
>>
>>54593098
Generic Hentai Jump
do it
>>
>>54593121
I am afraid I know nothing of that jump but I'll look in to it.
>>54593190
It is a secondary chain, basically something to screw around with to maybe take a break from my main chain while I decide what in the hell to do with it next.
>>
>>54593098
Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 4 Ex-Aid. Show the multiverse what a real Game Master/God is like.
>>
>>54593239
What lazy shitposting you do.
>>
>>54593094
Maybe, but it does seem like the most likely possibility.

Big Mom blacks out, possibly going into one of her uber-rages, eats everyone at the party, and then wakes back up again, not knowing what happened. It probably wasn't an attack by the Giants, because wouldn't she have heard the noise?

Maybe consumption of the whole corpse isn't required? Blackbeard could have just eaten a part of his arm or gotten a piece of him from inside that chest wound, and whammo, earthquake powers.
>>
>>54593254
twas a lazy joke thank you very much
shitposting is a different beast
>>
Has WoW been given up yet? I want to try making it.
>>
>>54592646
Isn't there another one in Age of Wonders, that like the Red Eyes perk allows you to deal with conflicting powers?
>>
>>54593342
Doubtful.
>>
>>54593342
No.
>>
>>54593342
I desperately want someone to redo Warcraft 3
>>
>>54593342
See >>54593254
>>
Wasn't there someone working on a Watchmen jump that was pretty much finished already? What happened to that?
>>
>>54593385
Same here actually. I kind of want to myself? But I doubt it will be accepted by the thread at large.
>>
>>54593342
>Has WoW been given up yet?
There is literally no reason that I know of for you to even think that this is a possibility. Ergo, shitposting.
>>
>>54593410
I don't know. Pity, I liked it.
I don't think there was much if anything that needed to be done to it either, maybe the jumpmaker's distracted with RL or something.
>>
>>54593255
See, the fact that it's being made to seem so likely, without anything ever actually saying that Mother Carmel got eaten, is what makes me think that's not true. You don't have the story dance around a plot point so much unless there's going to be some sort of dramatic reveal. The narration in that is objective, not tied to Big Mom's perspective, so when it says that Carmel "vanished into thin air" it's not because Big Mom doesn't know what happened. It's because Oda is being deliberately vague so as to mislead the reader.
>>
>>54593410
The maker was revealed as a powerwanker and ejected accordingly.
>>
>>54593038
Just get any learning speed enhancement perk. Some cut years to days or hours, and that's without things like being a magi-tech AI with literally infinite processing speed and multitasking.
>>
>>54593248
Well I still don't know much about Kamen rider, also I am a bit Kamen Ridered out from still trying to do all of the Kamen Rider jumps in my main chain.
>>
>>54591698
>Salt
It's also in the joke folder.
Sorry if you are butthurt, apparently enough people feel it is actually worth taking for Nacle it became a real jump also.

>Genius the Transgression
I made some of those suggestions anon, but it has already been through several revisions, and the last time Genius Anon vanished for quite a while between the first posting and revisions, and the latest batch of revisions.

Maybe he considers it done, maybe real life came up again. Either way, if updates do come, that the update can be added. But that would just be minor additions, tweaks, and clarifications. It's time for the drive.
>>
>>54593449
Are you feeling okay? Your shit-fu is super-weak today.
>>
>>54593410
I feel like any actual discussion about it got drowned out by the Doctor Manhattan shitposting.
>>
>>54593457
Do Fist of the North Star. Take a Scenario and theme the rest of your Chain after that Scenario and what it implies for your Character.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (26KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
26KB, 800x450px
>>54593342
>>
>>54593342
It that why you've been a complete turd in anything related to One-Armed Anon the last several threads?

No, he hasn't given it up. And don't expect him to.
>>
>>54593456
Yeah, but that would mean that figuring out how to do it with other methods would be even faster. First Magic is for chumps.
>>
File: what is going on in this thread.jpg (324KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
what is going on in this thread.jpg
324KB, 1000x1200px
>>54593385
Same here. Taking a Background literally does nothing because all the perks are racial. The items section is barebones. Everything is so strictly based on limited section of the gameplay that it's laughable.

I could make all kinds of vaguely-insulting comparisons to various jumpmakers, especially the early-form work of the ones who got better by varying degrees later, but that wouldn't really do it justice.
>>
>>54593098
Hmm... maybe Seven Deadly Sins? Show the multiverse some REAL conceptual bullshit.
>>
>>54593098
Stranger Things. Have your chain focus on an Experiment like Eleven (or Eleven herself, if you want to) accidentally meeting the Benefactor, who then starts them on a chain for their own amusement. Chain would be about the Experiment growing as a person after being isolated and treated like a weapon by Doctor Brenner and his group for most of their life.
>>
>>54593522
Hey, Timmy. Still wanking yourself over driving out an unstably depressed kid, I see.
>>
>>54593586
actually Wakfu didn't make Warcraft 3, that'd be BerserkAnon.
>>
>>54593586
I hope he did go through with it then, so that nobody else needs to put up with his sub-par work.
>>
>>54593098
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT...THEY PULL ME BACK IN
Find several Jumps connected to each other. Like Paradox Grand Strategy, Kamen Rider, or Exalted. You keep ending back there every few jumps.
>>
>>54593586
It's funny that you think that. I actually find Wakfu kind of interesting.

Timmy never acknowledges Slayers or Battleborn, or even Foodfight, which is better than any jump of that movie has any right to be. The kid proved he could do good work when he was relatively stable. You might actually be able to track his mental state over time by how the jump he released at that time was.

Then there's the ones that are okay for their time but are antiquated now. There's the ones that aren't so good even for their time (if I remember, the decimals in Ouran's version number were self-deprecation), and then there's the ones nobody really analyzes because nobody knows the series - too many of those.

But I find some of what he tried very interesting. I looked up Gear Up, and the fact that anyone tried to turn a game with that little anything into a jump at all, even with the caveats he put in, is worth comment. He did do it to capitalize on the "GuP/WoT when?" meme, but even so.
>>
>>54593606
>BeserkAnon made it
Shit man his Berserk jump was pretty gud.
I wonder if he'll ever redo it or put it up for redoing?
>>
>>54593628
Oh, there you are. Sorry, but his WCI would still have been better than what we have for WCIII now, even if it was only Foodfight-tier.
>>
>>54593701
He's not even around anymore, is the thing.
>>
>>54593701
Where's Berserk again?

Did they get back on the boat or are they still off of it?
>>
>>54593628
I'd take a thousand Johnny Tests over you at this point. You literally drove him off just when he was starting to stabilize.
Thread posts: 606
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.