[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - The Truth Is In Here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 39

File: Illuminates of the New Dawn.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Illuminates of the New Dawn.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Conspiracies.host...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54551321
>Vampire_Brackhaven_Proof.thread
>Wake_Up_Sheeple.aro
>Aurelius_Plane_Crash_Wasp_Spirits?_New_Evidence.news
>Lofwyr_Throne_Room_Manalines.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 565 (32% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You've got to help me, I found something big and they're comi-'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Da_Vinci_Code.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

Tell me the Truth. Not the lies fed to you by the dragons. Not the propaganda of the corps. Not the layers on layers of bulldrek shoveled into your mind from everyone on high, trying to cover their misdeeds by burying you. Tell the Truth that you've found when you've shined a light in the darkest shadows.
>>
What's your favorite drone /srg/?

Mine's the Doberman.
>>
File: Drone Swarm.jpg (28KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
Drone Swarm.jpg
28KB, 595x335px
>>54570795
Rotodrones all the way
>>
>>54570795
I've got a question on this for SR4, actually:

Is that one table in Arsenal really it for take-offs and landings?

Because according to that, a commlink-sized small-drone needs a 2 kilometer fucking landing strip if it isn't a flyer.
>>
>>54570635
>The CIA is preparing to start a series of wars in North America to reform the United States, starting with the Confederacy.
>They have been funding a "cloning" program to create truly disposable soldiers and agents for said wars. After 5 increments, they may have found a sustainable and cost-effective method.
>Furthermore, they were behind the creation of an extremely dangerous nano-chemical weapon named Black Cross, designed to eat through most chemical protective gear. Despite the fact that it was created, nothing much else is known about it.
>Aztlan, Amazonia, and the UCAS are setting up the grounds for a proxy war in Cuba, all trying to gain the powerful island country as an ally.
>In a related note; Alamos 20K has members in the Cuban congress, and is actively trying to keep Cuba segregated.

That's what's happening in the campaign I'm running, anyways. I plan on doing a story time for it once it gets done.
>>
>>54570635
>Tell the Truth that you've found when you've shined a light in the darkest shadows.
/pol/ is always right. ;)
>>
File: Aztech Soldier.jpg (20KB, 180x499px) Image search: [Google]
Aztech Soldier.jpg
20KB, 180x499px
>>54571002
>They have been funding a "cloning" program to create truly disposable soldiers and agents for said wars. After 5 increments, they may have found a sustainable and cost-effective method.

Like the Homegrown Warrior program?
>>
>>54570635
>Tell me the Truth
The meat-like product used in the canteen on Meatloaf Surprise days is actually a top secret proprietary strain that is *only* available as meatloaf surprise. It tastes kinda like cheap imitation pork when unprocessed.
>>
File: 1497629014505.png (158KB, 468x317px) Image search: [Google]
1497629014505.png
158KB, 468x317px
>>54570913
Sorry anon, never played SR4. I'm in my first SR campaign now, and we're playing 5e.
>>
>>54571116
Your advice is intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
>>54570795
>What's your favorite drone /srg/?
Direktionssekretar, followed closely by the Rotodrone. It's hard to beat the surveillance and fire support provided by a Rotodrone with a good sensor suite and a mounted sniper rifle, and five of his identical twins.
>>
>>54571048
Bah, why clone when you can just chip folks for less than minimum wage and get completely loyal peopledrones?
>>
I want to get into Shadowrun but dont know where to start. any help
>>
>>54571643
Start by downloading the rulebook and reading it? If you got questions, we'd be happy to help.
>>
>>54571643
Get 5e core book (see pastebin in first post). Ignore the splats for now.

It's horribly edited but you kinda just have to deal with it to learn the rules. Do you know anything about the game aside from it's name and setting stuff?
>>
>>54571671
thanks, ill do that first
where can i find the stuff to play it?
>>
>>54570635
What music do we listen to in the 6th world? Is it all 100% electro and club music all the time? In particular, does rock/classic rock still get made or at least listened to, or is having that on your commlink kind of like having a playlist of 20s ragtime today?
>>
>>54571690
You only really need dice, pen, and paper to play shadowrun.
>>
>>54571734
am i able to play with others? If i can, what type of experience will it be? thanks for the help goys
>>
>>54571747
You're supposed to play it with others. It's a tabletop roleplaying game. In the end, the experience is really what you make of it.
>>
>>54571747
Wait, you have no knowledge of RPGs at all? Take a step back and get that straightened out first. It's a rather niche hobby.
>>
>>54571846
ok, where can i start?
>>
>>54571855
There's a whole bunch of different tabletop games on youtube. Take a look at a series called High Rollers, it's beginner friendly.
>>
>>54571910
>>54571855

itmeJP's RollPlay series is also a good place to start, a lot of the games start with the players having either never played the system in question, or being out-of-practice, so the GMs usually take the time to explain everything as they go along. RollPlay Mirrorshades is a campaign of 1st Edition Shadowrun, that might be a good start.
>>
>>54571910
Keep in mind that many (most? all?) of these shows are only indicative of the activity. Any game you are in will probably have a different tone and style.
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>54571979
>RollPlay
>AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
>>
>>54571729
From what I can tell in Shadowrun, so many genres have been created that you can quite literally find anything to listen to.

Best thing I can do for you is take two or three genres and just kind of put them together. That's how my table got Experimental Korean Funk-Jazz.
>>
>>54571729
Personally, my character listens to revitalized Southern Rock and Groove Metal on his downtime, and practices rhythm guitar.
>>
>>54571729
In my games, classical music is in vogue. Lots of other musical genres have begun to encoporate classical elements in their style (again)
>>
File: Rocker Orc.jpg (15KB, 210x272px) Image search: [Google]
Rocker Orc.jpg
15KB, 210x272px
>>54572123
I wouldn't be surprised if that was canon, considering that steampunk has been in and out of fashion for the past couple decades of the Sixth World. Balfe and Cowen, music hall folk songs, and glee quartets all have a place.

>>54571729
It's all over the place. Concrete Dreams and Shield Wall are two named rock bands, JetBlack is a Kurt Cobain sorta figure, Maria Mercurial is all over the place (and her one foray into country was so notable it got mentioned in Dunk's Will), orxploitation rap from artists like CrimeTime is also popular.

And I love Scott Joplin, thank you very much
>>
Does a decker need cybercombat?
>>
>>54573008
Hey no disrespect, I dig the jops too. It's just not something I expect to ever hear on radio or outside of niche clubs.
>>
>>54573323
It's probably a good idea.

Here's the counter question: does an infiltrator need a weapon skill?
>>
>>54573323
In 5e, Cybercombat is only used in Dataspiking, Brute Force, and Crash Program.

In games I've played, Hackers rarely end up using Cybercombat and it falls to the wayside in favor of Hacking. Unless they're building an Attack Hacker, I usually see most Hackers put only put a single point in Cybercombat with maybe a Data Spike specialization.
>>
>>54573404
I would say maybe just Pistol skill.
>>
>>54573504
Don't you need to use cybercombat for a few of the program's effects? Link locking isn't possible without a data spike right?
>>
>>54571729
Personally all the most important battles at my table are set to ABBA

>When your Street Sam goes full berserk on the corp hit squad while Take A Chance On Me
>>
>>54573654
That's true, some of the Programs are intended for Matrix combat. I rarely have Hackers engaging in true blue matrix combat. It's typically a "oh fuck better get out of here because I've fucked up a few hacking rolls in a row" rather than trying to duel the Spider in the matrix. But this is my table and my group of runners so your mileage may vary.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (24KB, 298x59px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
24KB, 298x59px
>>54573504
They really did a good job mirroring Astral combat.

Also pic related:
>CAPTCHA Level: Expert
>>
>>54573806
Honestly better to just take out the spiders devices.
>>
>>54573404
Depends on your definition of infiltrator.

Archery will let you use a Pistol Crossbow loaded with SNS Bolt with Static Shaft, which is nice and quiet and very shocky and the size of a heavy pistol.

But it really depends what you mean by Infiltrator here, since there could be relevant Melee or Unarmed stuff here or other things.
>>
New player here, group is shaping up to be techie - spirit mage - infiltrator - me (leaning adept).
We're going to get wiped in a grenade, it's going to be fun.
>>
>>54573323
>Does a decker need cybercombat?
Not really. If it's gotten to the point that you're using Cybercombat, you've probably failed at the decking stage of the run anyway.
>>
>>54574276
With one exception - the silent running brute force hacker.
>>
>>54574556
Ah yes, "the Submarine".
>>
>Not a single changeling or shifter is on jackpoint to point out the bullshit of the ONLY TROGS EXPERIENCE RACISM thing in the nig primer
Jackpoint is tumblr: if your views don't match theirs you get shouted down by the echo chamber. Are we really all just Clockwork?
>>
>>54574921
Considering the events of 2073-75, Orange Queen should be pointing out the racism against dragons and her suffering specifically.
>>
>>54574921
If you read the material as in universe Tumblr tripe, does that make the complete nigger more bearable
>>
>>54575378
No.
>>
>>54571729
I rule that whats in vogue at the tme of the campaign start is something like The Protomen mixed with classical music.
>>
What's good to pick up as adept/sammy to not be dead weight if things don't get loud?
>>
>>54574921
Jackpoint is the reddit of Shadowrun, the cool kids hang out on the Denver Helix
>>
>>54575695
Breaking and Entering Gear, as well as some Locksmith and Hardware skill can be handy to reduce the need for Hacking, or get you INTO the building so your Decker can get that sweet Direct Connection.

Flying Eyes are handy as hell for recon and legwork, and for scouting during runs.
>>
>>54575695
You're going to have naturally high Agility (for attacking), Intuition (for initiative), and Reaction (for initiative) scores.

That means you're going to be really good at:
>Stealth (Agility)
>Movement (Agility)
>Perception (Intuition)
>Assensing (Intuition)
>Driving (Reaction)

So, being a ninja. Performing espionage. Being the getaway driver - or even a low-rent rigger with some spy drones.

That's what combat characters transition well into as secondary roles.
>>
>>54575725
Denver Nexus. Helix is the European data haven.
>>
>>54575933
Does improved reflexes stack with Jazz?
>>
>>54576318
Improved Reflexes says that it doesn't stack with technological or magical improvements to initiative. I presume that by technological they just mean augs, so I'd imagine they stack. Check with your GM though.
>>
>>54576318
>and the increase cannot be combined with other technological or magical increases to Initiative.
The common ruling is that drugs are their own category. You should, however, ask your GM to see what his ruling is.
>>
>>54575725
>>54575949
>outed as tourist on an imaginary site

Has man ever sunk so low?
>>
I'm not sure I'm reading addiction rules right.
"Every time a character uses an addictive substance during (11 - addiction rating) weeks in a row, he makes an addiction test. But every week clean ticks one off the addiction threshold, resetting in case of relapse".

Let's take alcohol as an example.
It has a 3 addiction rating and 2 addiction threshold.

11-3=8

That means that if a character chugs alcohol, even once, during the 8 weeks following a drink, he makes an addiction test, and if he fails it he moves up a rank? That can't be it.
>>
File: 8SzNByr.jpg (30KB, 305x407px) Image search: [Google]
8SzNByr.jpg
30KB, 305x407px
>>54576708
I accept your challenge
>>
>>54576982
Each week you go without using ticks the Threshold down by 1, and any use within the 8 weeks resets it back to the Threshold.

So if you do shots with your buddies on the first week and don't do any other drinking after week 6, on week 8 you don't have to make the test because the threshold is zero.

The addiction works poorly for "normal" drugs like smoking and drinking.
>>
File: AwwYiss.jpg (16KB, 466x246px) Image search: [Google]
AwwYiss.jpg
16KB, 466x246px
>>54575444
>Narration of shadowruns set to classical, hard rock, and heavy metal elements.

Fuck this gets me hard, but I also think Metallica's S&M album was their greatest.

...I wish more bands would collaborate with symphony orchestras.
>>
>>54576982
If you don't go two weeks in a row without drinking, then there might be a chance eventually for you to become an alcoholic, if you roll poorly because you're weak of will and body, yes.
>>
>finally got to read the new troll book
>excited since next character was gonna be a troll adept
>book is total schlock they doesn't touch on what I want or mention sytars or formali, since I wanted to make one of them in 5e with 5e rules
>they don't say shit, need to make more room for WE WUZ OPPRESSED AND SHEIT
i'm kinda annoyed
>>
>>54577984
Okay, the trog book is absolute trash, but this one's on you. Metavariants for all species are in Run Faster.
>>
File: 1411007995795.jpg (81KB, 492x705px) Image search: [Google]
1411007995795.jpg
81KB, 492x705px
>>54579074
I wish the total nigger book had pictures of trog metavariants so I could at least get an idea of what fomori look like. Instead I get a picture of Humanis or some other policlub making a heavily pregnant ork get a late abortion.
>>
>>54573404
>does an infiltrator need a weapon skill?
Does he want to be able to go to the bar without fucking dying?
>>
>>54577956
Are you familiar with the symphonic metal subgenre?
>>
>>54579424
Yeah, but being mostly indy groups, they can't really pull off the full syphony orchestra.
>>
>>54579122
I think he means he wanted more fluff about them.
>>
>>54579564
Well he can go to hell. It's a book about tusk wires and oppression, not fluff.
>>
>>54577974
Even this very to-the-point explanation has too many negatives for me to get without reading more than once.
>>
What exactly is outside of the city's in SR? I know some areas are inhospitable for varying reasons (Manastorms, Angsty spirits who think they own the place, toxic wastelands, etcetera) But that can't be true for everywhere? Surely their must be at least a couple places in the world where farms still exist?
>>
>>54577956
You listened to the orchestral version of Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards?
>>
>>54576364
>I presume that by technological they just mean augs
Run Faster clarifies the three types of augmentation bonuses into tech, chem, and magic.
>>
File: overgrowth.jpg (885KB, 1191x662px) Image search: [Google]
overgrowth.jpg
885KB, 1191x662px
>>54580262
Naturally, it depends on where you go. Most cities are surrounded by suburban sprawl on every side. Once you get past those you may see a lot of different things. Of course every city has a Barrens, though most people only think of the Seattle ghetto. There are also long stretches of nothing, especially when you start getting into the mountains or the midwest. A lot of it is just farmland (which is mostly owned/operated/defended by some corp). Otherwise you get a lot of hole-in-the-wall towns and villages. Most of these kinds of places are settled by squatters and gangers looking for a little land to call their own. Chances are its shit land if they haven't been chased off it yet. But after a dozen apocalypses that happened in the sixty-ish years between today and 5e's current time, there is a lot of no-man's land that never really recovered or was never entirely reclaimed by a government or a megacorp. That isn't to say that every place doesn't belong to somebody on paper, but there are a lot of places that never returned to their early 21st century glory.
>>
>>54580382
Another Gloryhammer fan!

GH is the kind of metal I can see being really popular in SR.
>>
File: 1485164022454.jpg (217KB, 2048x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1485164022454.jpg
217KB, 2048x1483px
>>54580457
Thank you.
>>
File: 1492625752535.jpg (251KB, 663x994px) Image search: [Google]
1492625752535.jpg
251KB, 663x994px
>>54570635
A high-tier housing and agriculture AA based in Arabia, with footholds in Oakland and CalFree, is silently planning and preparing to launch bioattacks against Aztlan to exploit the unspoken genetic weaknesses and homogeneity of their crops with plague, and then step in to save all the people affected by the resulting famine, stealing Aztlan's place within the Big Ten.

They've been hiring runners to steal seed shipments for experimentation, and they've been stockpiling food and establishing public gardens and true arcologies with their own crop strains. They recently purchased the old defunct Aztech Arcology Pyramid in downtown San Francisco, and they're using it to triple down on local agricultural production.

They're going to paint their world green.
>>
>>54579573
>book all about orcs and trolls
>can't spare a page to talk about metavariants

If not here, where? RF has such little content
>>
Anyone know where I could get a scan of those so-called "Sixth World Tarot" cards or whatever the drek they're callin' em? Got a friend of a friend, has a really nasty slitch doggin' his tail. Guy wants to settle down with his ladies, pop some sprogs, but with this whore hangin' around... well he's too damn afraid to have kids. Which is saying something because this fucker has literally ate lightning and crapped thunder.

Anyway, heard tell one of those cards, if legit, could give him the drop on the pain in the ass, let him excise her for good. Need to get eyes on them to give him a hint for what to start lookin' for though.
>>
>>54571729
There's some genres listed in a SR4 book, I think Vice? I remember Orkabilly, voodoo blues, astral rock, trog rock, and some sort of traditional chinese music made with synths.
>>
Whats a good spell list for a Face Mage, one that will probably definately be shoved into combat a little?
>>
>>54580620
Do you happen to have a source on that image?
>>
>>54581541
Nevermind, google actually came through for once.
>>
>>54579573
The book is 90% fluff, and mostly useless shite at that.
>>
>>54581346
Vice is the criminal groups book, you're probably thinking Attitude.
>>
>>54581530
Stunball.
>>
>>54581026
Listen pal, if you don't like Netcat's preaching then you can just go find another RPG.
>>
So, question anons: What would you say if a player wanted to play a Planar Mage who visited the Metaplane of Ships, made a deal to become the Admiral, and promptly started summoning Kancolle-style boatslut Vehicle Spirits?
>>
>>54581672
Looking for suggestions for a whole list omae
>>
>>54582065
It's not a terrible idea.
>>
File: 307.jpg (95KB, 656x893px) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
95KB, 656x893px
>>54582133
How is that not an awful idea anon?
>>
>>54583049
It lacks a great deal of the flexibility that allows other mages to be a pain in the ass, and you can still crack down on abuse of spirits by removing their hardened armor.
>>
File: 1500508256212.png (92KB, 248x343px) Image search: [Google]
1500508256212.png
92KB, 248x343px
>>54583085
Okay but do you want to play a game with this obvious of a magical realm?

It's not as fun as it sounds
>>
>>54583133
Simple, don't let him fuck the spirits.

It helps when it's my magical realm too.
>>
>>54582085
Alter Memory
Chaff
Compel Truth
Demolish [Gun] / Hot Potato
Fashion
Influence
Invisibility
Makeover
Mana Static
Opium Den
Sterilise
Spatial Sense, Extended
Trid Phantasm
Turn To Goo
>>
>The Sambo's Handbook talks about Yakut
>talks about those filthy shifters
>completely unironically claims only trogs experience real racism whilst actively being racist to shifters
>>
>any time a trog in The Negro Almanac claims not to have it that bad someone screams internalized racism
Just like real life
>>
>>54583501
>2XL claiming some guy is the very definition of privilege
I refuse to believe this isn't a parody.
>>
>>54583518
>2XL calling Evo racist for offering special troll accommodations
He really just wants to be oppressed huh
>>
At chargen, if I put REA at 5 and improved reflexes rank 2, do I end up with 6 REA because of the cap or do I go over?
>>
>>54584611
6 is the natural cap, there's a separate cap for augmentation bonuses.
>>
>>54584611
You end up with 7 REA.

There are two things you shouldn't mix up, namely
-RACIAL maximum that ignore augmentations (The 6 in your case), that you cannot go over boosting the base attribute score with Karma
-AUGMENTED maximum which is (current Base Stat +4). No matter how much 'ware/magic/drugs/... you take, you can only get +4 to an attribute with augmentations(*).

(*) Wired Reflexes + Reaction Boosters is an exception to this rule.
>>
>>54583501
>ork talking about how they became a corporate samurai due to honor and restraint of their violent tendencies

>internalized oppression and self loathing is real

t. trog studies professor
>>
>>54580129
In shadowrun, if you get drunk every week or two and get unlucky with your long-term rolling, you might eventually become an alcoholic.

You'd have to both be very unlucky and never go two weeks in a row without getting drunk for that to happen, though.
>>
File: 1426475674231.jpg (162KB, 1062x751px) Image search: [Google]
1426475674231.jpg
162KB, 1062x751px
>>54580262
Generally, downtown is surrounded by suburbs, which is surrounded by industrial areas, which is surrounded by Barrens.

Out past the barrens, things get fucky. You have magical wildernesses filled with hellhounds, sasquatches, and even free spirits. You have gangs which are more Mad Max than anything else. There are cults compounds, secret corporate research labs, and military installations tucked away in the middle of nowhere. You have seemingly-sapient magical storms which steer and change direction just to fuck with you in particular.

And there's tons and tons of ruins - things abandoned during the Crash or during the Awakening, when people had to chalk entire cities and most small towns up as losses and move in to the bigger Sprawls.

But my favorite thing that the lore talks about neo-primitivist tribes. Villages of orks equipped with bows and swords subsistence farming, whose short lives guarantee that even their oldest members don't remember electricity. Temples guarded by Awakened orphans raised in isolation as monks. Low-tech slave empires covering stretches of land that nobody gives a fuck about anymore - out in the deep wilderness or scrubland - keeping their vampiric god-emperor fed.

Basically, once you get out past the barrens, the setting is - for most intents and purposes - post-apocalyptic. Ruins full of valuable loot, infested by monsters, with gangs of road warriors menacing anyone trying to travel cross-country, and settlements full of people living a life closer to Swords & Sorcery than cyberpunk.

Runs that take you out beyond the cities include, but are not limited to:
>a magical safari
>fighting road-piracy
>smuggling cargo the dangerous way
>exploring old ruins for a particular piece of lostech - or anything valuable you can find (this is how to do actual, literal dungeon-delving, complete with monster infestations and security traps, in Shadowrun)
>making contact with a tribe for trade
>diplomacy with spirits
>pilgrimage
>>
>>54585114
Other things you might see outside of cities, rather than just primitives and gangs:
>hillbillies, especially if they can find a relatively safe area for a farmstead
>survivalists, with enough combat skills to fight a pack of hellhounds and live
>mining towns, usually drone-assisted
>the occasional small town whose residents are just too damn stubborn to leave
>small hideouts and large compounds for criminals/rich people to escape their problems

But mostly it's magical wilderness, ruins, and neo-primitives.
>>
>>54585114
>>54585166
That's a pretty fucking cool side of the setting. I think my favorite thing is Awakened orphans guarding temples.
>>
>>54585166
You forgot ghost towns.

>“This place is so remote you can watch your dog run away from home for three days straight.” With the balkanization of North America and the depopulation of formerly heavily populated areas of the world by the VITAS plagues, there are plenty of ghost towns to choose to hide out in. There is not much company or municipal resources, but if someone new shows up in town, you can be pretty sure what they are there for.

The population is roughly the same as now, but they're squeezed into smaller areas.
>>
File: 1482604428113.jpg (67KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
1482604428113.jpg
67KB, 1000x573px
>>54585243
>I think my favorite thing is Awakened orphans guarding temples.
Yeah, you can easily have an Adept warrior-monk who was picked up as a recently-Awakened seven-year-old on the bad side of town by a bunch of adult monks. Raised in a secluded monastery where they guard sacred artifacts (magical foci, potent lodges, grimoires of all sorts), he was taught the arts of mystical kung fu, meditation, self control, and eventually philosophy, history, religion.

Only now is he striking back out in the world - having not see running water or electricity since he was seven-years-old - because he believes that it's time to give back to the world. His goal? To find more disadvantaged magical youth and artifacts in the hands of those not trustworthy enough to hold them, and send both of them back home to the Soaring Cloud Temple where they can be safe.

>so your adept is, like, a sword guy or something? that's cool I guess

Basically, the setting is gigantic once you don't have cars involved. There are tremendous spaces where all kinds of weird shit is tucked away, completely disconnected from the Sprawls by virtue of just not being close enough to be in contact nor having the tech to do so shipped out to their unknown settlements.
>>
>>54585114
>>54585166
Dragonfall actually has a couple of pretty good mission for that.

You need to go out and raid a Humanis compound tucked away in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, so you sign on to be a caravan guard for a mercenary shipping company going out that way. Along the way, you get ambushed on some ruined roads from some burned out buildings by a gang that would fit better in Fallout than anything cyberpunk.

In the same game, you hitch a ride out into the middle of the Awakened black forest, where a cult of black mages has set up a terrifying murder-house in the middle of nowhere, corrupting spirits and murdering the occasional traveler.
>>
>>54585114
The disappointing thing is how under-represented all of that is in the fluff. For every single page talking about life outside of the cities, there are a thousand talking about urban life. It's not too surprising, since this is a cyberpunk game. We know where the focus is supposed to be.

But still, if nothing else they should be providing resources for Lostech runs. Cyberpunk dungeon delving for lost artifacts (exploring defunct facilities for pre-Crash paydata) was one of the original intended playstyles back in the 90s that eventually just got shelved.
>>
>>54571643
Talk about it with your friends,
realise they'll never play a system that requires them to a read a book, as opposed to you explaining everything for them + making their character.
Play 5e DnD instead.
>>
How does hacking cyber work?

My party's street sam has no wireless on his arm, but he's got a smuggler's compartment on it he can enable wireless on. If I mark that can I just open the hatch or control the arm?
>>
File: IMG_1026.jpg (112KB, 750x649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1026.jpg
112KB, 750x649px
>demanding that only orks or trolls risk their lives against HN rather than letting humans bring them down from within
2XL is certainly a smart cookie
>>
>>54585466
All electronics - including cyberware - is assumed to be wireless-enabled by default. If one of his arm's installed accessories has its wireless enabled, the entire cyberlimb does. Once you accrue enough marks on it, you can start issuing it commands - remote controlling it with a dice pool of your own, basically.
>>
File: very good.png (102KB, 716x248px) Image search: [Google]
very good.png
102KB, 716x248px
>>54585465
Good advice.
>>
>>54585459
>Cyberpunk dungeon delving for lost artifacts (exploring defunct facilities for pre-Crash paydata) was one of the original intended playstyles back in the 90s that eventually just got shelved.
Not shelved, just less focused on. You can do this in LA, and probably other places, too.

>In the devastated shallows of LA, scavengers skim the waters looking for anything valuable hiding amongst the wreckage of homes and businesses. The most desperate of scavengers wade through the poisoned waters, using long poles to poke through the wreckage.

>I’ve heard of divers swimming through distribution warehouses with merchandise still vacuum-sealed and stacked, clean as the day they packaged it, just there for the taking.

>The other valuable commodity hidden below our stinking waters is information. Research labs often keep back-up data locked in fre- and water-proof safes. Even if the scientists were lost, chances are someone can recover the research data.
>>
So anyone else just tossing the heavy weapons skill out the window?
>>
>>54585943
Nah, I love me some assault cannons and grenade launchers. The number of assault rifles with integral grenade launchers alone makes it a worthwhile skill to at least dip into with 1 skill point and 1 specialty.
>>
>>54586041
Oh yeah using them is great, I just mean that the skill in itself is kinda silly. One skill to incorporate machineguns, assault canons, grenade launchers and rocket launchers.

I'd rather have machineguns just go on automatics, assault canons on longarms and turn the heavy weapons skill into launchers instead.
>>
>>54585943
Mostly. Heavy weapons are horribly underpowered in SR.
>>
>>54586078
Aren't LMGs and stuff the high end of Automatics?

Anyway, if you're going to put LMGs/HMGs into Automatics, and Assault Cannons into Longarms (they're already just sniper rifles anyway), then you may as well combine Launchers and Gunnery into some hybrid launcher/mounted 'misc' skill.
>>
>>54586122
Problem is that the skill gets a bit too broad again if you jam it together with gunnery, and that's kinda what I wanna avoid. I mean I can slam together a GL and a rocket launchers in one skill without feeling guilty, it's all about propelling a load of death and making sure it doesn't scatter too much.

Gunnery is just... If I had the skills to use an HMG, it was mounted on a vehicle turret and the GM said I needed the gunnery skill get up in that turret, put my finger on the trigger and fire, i'd probably just turn that HMG on myself and hope to god I can default well enough to kill myself. If I GM then Gunnery is used for the purpose of remotely firing vehicle/drone weapons, be they automatics, launchers or a heavy pistol with legs.
>>
>>54586316
The problem is that a skill that's only 'launchers' is way too narrow as far as actual in-game utility. It's not just about representing realistic skillsets - it's about making sure that an investment made by the player is actually useful.

Heavy weapons, even as it is now, is pretty fucking niche compared to something like Automatics.
>>
Y'all need skill substitution.
>>
>>54586365
I mean compare it to throwing. Anyone who wants to be able to toss a grenade has to put a point or two in throwing, but what else will they ever reasonably use it for?

At least this would incorporate 3 different weapons (4 if you include mortars), and considering people would be willing to take heavy weapons just to be able to use Underbarrel GL it doesn't seem that unviable.
>>
What's even the point of licenses?

You got one good fake SIN for your main place, maybe a few bad ones for hiedouts, but why would you license things since you'd have to burn the SIN the first time it's used? Just to buy it legally?
>>
>>54587703
No, it's so that when you go through security or are stopped by Joe Rentacop, you don't have to shoot your way out of trouble or go around unarmed.

Or end put immediately under arrest for being an unlicensed mage or adept.
>>
>>54587703
So you don't get pulled over for your firearm or concealed carry, using any kind of magic or being assensed, so you're allowed to practice or pretend any given occupation, etc.

>why would you license things since you'd have to burn the SIN the first time it's used?
Be clearer.

>Just to buy it legally?
You never buy things legally, with the exception of Availability:- items. Everything is some form of illegal purchase.
>>
File: 1497885965573.jpg (161KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
1497885965573.jpg
161KB, 600x903px
>>54586365
>niche compared to Automatics
Doesn't help that CGL went out of their way to make Automatics the uber-skill.
>>
>>54587381
>what else will they ever reasonably use it for?
I guess they could go for monofilament throwing knives or other shit, or maybe they can pump it until they are basically bullseye.
>>
>>54587827
Let's say you have a sin with firearms licenses.

If you get caught on cam even once while using said firearms, won't your SIN immediately get flagged as a criminal, and therefore they'll raid whichever house is tied to it?
>>
>>54588245
Are you imagining that the license you get is any more legit than your SIN? Because if so, that's where your main problem is here.
>>
>>54588275
So the rating of the license is the same as that of the SIN then?
>>
>>54588357
The rating of your FAKE license is what you pay for. If you for some reason feel the need to get a legit license on a fake sin, that's a different story. A very risky story since your SIN will be put through screenings and probably only rating 6 SINs (maybe 5) will pass that kind of screening.

Getting a fake license for your fake SIN you should just use your head to figure out what rating you need for it, but preferably the same level.
>>
>>54588545
So let's say I have a rk 4 SIN with a rk4 Magic licence and rk 3 Firearm licence + concealed carry and bob stops me for sporting a bright pink mohawk.

He pats me down because this is the 6th, and finds my pistol. The license doesn't hold, so he cuffs me , and obviously flags my SIN, which then flags every license tied to it.

So basically, don't fail your palming roll.
>>
>>54588245
>If you get caught on cam even once while using said firearms, won't your SIN immediately get flagged as a criminal, and therefore they'll raid whichever house is tied to it?

Get this ... you can turn off your SIN broadcast before doing illegal shit. Mindblowing, right? You can even not live in the address it's nominally tied to! It's like you're some kind of fuckin spy or something, eh?
>>
>>54588663
>He pats me down because this is the 6th, and finds my pistol.
Bribe the fucker if you think your license is likely to fail vs basic shitcurity. It's not going to cost much, because we're talking about Bob the security guard. His pay is shit, and even more than not being in it to be a hero, he's not in it to do more than minimum effort.
>>
So what's come out since Forbidden Arcana? I see the trog book, but do we have /techno/ or anything else exciting?
>>
>>54588663
>palming a pistol
Maybe if you're a troll
>>
>>54589131
Nope, just Troglivesmatter, sadly. Though I'm hoping that the next book won't be shit.
>>
>>54588663
>The license doesn't hold
I mean similarly, if he checks your SIN and that doesn't hold, you're fucked too.
Either you smooth talk him or you bribe him. If an error shows up when he checks your license, just ask him to check it again, as there clearly must be something wrong. Or you pay him to not check it again.

There are plenty of ways not to get caught, but the most important one is don't be a dumbass, dumbass.
>>
>>54589174
That sucks, I'd like a book that has actual interesting content instead of "lol a quality that's a skill specialty"
>>
>not having a running load out of nothing but completely legal items
Do you even ghost-run, chummer?
>>
>>54589320
Think there's hints of a new Run and Gun like book being worked on, so maybe you'll get your wish, chummer
>>
>>54589320
>>54589494
Better than Bad and Street Lethal both sound promising.
>>
>>54589149
Depends on the pistol - holdouts are probably fairly easy to palm. Especially, say, the Walther Palm Pistol.
>>
Have you ever made an unironic self-insert/mary sue runner? If so, what was their specialty and weapon of choice?
>>
>>54589149
Palming isn't just for palming. It's the skill used for smuggling any and all objects on your person, not just sleight of hand. Trying to conceal the sawn-off shotgun hanging inside of your jacket? That's a Palming roll.
>>
>>54592081
You also can't default on it, so if you want to actively hide your stuff you will need palming.

Luckily palming is very easy because concealment enhancing clothing is laughably common, and its agility based so combat PCs can easily smuggle shotguns and SMGs.
>>
>>54591431
Our entire group decided to make a secondary team of Mary Sues and overpowered concepts, to go completely over the top when we feel like creating some real bullshit and making Pink Mohawk blush.

I've got a former Evo Corpsec Pixie Combat Shaman, specialized in demolition and tactics. She and her twin sister were discharged for becoming insubordinate and violent when their team was repurposed for missions they didn't like.

Now they both run out of an abandoned office building squat in the ruins outside of San Francisco, guarded by spirits. They're roughly 40 years old, and neither of them know shit about the world outside of shitting innawoods, collapsing buildings, and murdering people.

Not gonna lie, she has high enough Charisma that I'm tempted to summon a swarm of spirits to conduct with Small Unit Tactics.
>>
Talk me out of quadruple amputee street sam
>>
>>54593673
does your GM use the kraut rule of being able to calculate limits with cyberlimb stats?
If not, then don't do it
>>
Why is melee a complex and shooting a simple? Doesn't that just kind of fuck melee actions over?
>>
>>54593744
Yes. Melee, while infinitely better than it was in 4e, and now viable, is never the best tool for the job, unless you are using special unarmed actions. It is now merely something you can do if you wish.
>>
>>54593744
>Doesn't that just kind of fuck melee actions over?
Dramatically so, yes. Along with extremely limited movement speeds, and the fact that you have to cross open terrain outside of cover to make most melee attacks.

5e's melee isn't nearly as garbage-worthless as 4e's, but it still takes some careful building to make something that can simultaneously survive and contribute compared to literally any random jackass with a gun.
>>
>playing Shadowrun:HK
>finish hub conversations, it takes me like 30 minutes because there's so fucking much of it
>go on a run, finally some action
>it takes me like 10 minutes to get to the end
>come back to the hub, get through another 30 minutes of dialogue
why did they turn this game into a fucking VN agin?
>>
>>54593972
Never played it but if you follow TTRPG rules strictly in a video game it generally has severe pacing issues. Combat can be handled very quickly be a game engine, but talking is still the same speed. IRL combat is much slower, and the pacing feels better.
>>
by, rather
>>
>Social guys investigating a casino
>Techno pulls the lever on the slot machine
>GM is going sure roll d1000
>Techno rolls a fucking 1000
He just won the jackpot and this is going of the rails
>>
>>54594293
I mean, slot machines still have a maximum jackpot, and it's not huge.
>>
>>54594309
Its more about the social infiltration going of the rails
>>
>>54594293
Shit. Now you're made and people are gonna recognize you.

Might just want to take the winnings and subcontract an NPC to do social infiltration.
>>
File: pr1.gif (13KB, 690x203px) Image search: [Google]
pr1.gif
13KB, 690x203px
>Not learning how to red and blue team CTF and making actual vulnerable kernels on your RasberryPI so you can have the most immersive shadowrun game thats ever been played
Its like you dont even go the extra mile
>>
>>54594365
>recognize

M8 you realize they are SINless folk with no record right?

"High roller" is the perfect cover for social infiltration...
>>
>>54594293
Has the Face been associated with the Mancer? If not, you can use it as a distraction. If so, bail, use winnings to subcontract a new face.
>>
>>54594425
That isn't how subcontracting works. Getting another person to do the job means you failed.

Being known to the target isn't the end of a run. It is *literally* a requirement to socially infiltrate a place. They get to see you, but assume you are someone other than you say you are or are there under a different pretense.

If your PCs are famous runners and walked in without disguises... well.. sorry, Casinos have the best facial recognition systems in the world and your already made and botched the job. But otherwise this is a good thing, not bad, because you now have a pretense to throw money around and have fancy dinners with the owners.
>>
>>54594425
Techno is with the manager and getting wired into PR campaing
MageFace is trying to get in after casting improved invis in the bathroom
>>
>>54594484
So the CASINO is giving you enhanced access?

Best case scenario. Seriously, great job techno.

All you need to do is either destroy the PR campaign on the way out, or edit your face in the data.
>>
File: 1500580823105.png (758KB, 616x670px) Image search: [Google]
1500580823105.png
758KB, 616x670px
>>54593968
>Not charging the enemy through a cloud of smoke while covered in flashpacks
Difficulty is a matter of perspective and creativity.
>>
>>54594749

Of course! I would never say melee doesn't work. I love that stuff and may have written a guide to martial arts longer than the freaking chapter but the issue is that trying to stab or punch someone is basically never the most efficient way to do things, even if you are in close combat already.

You can do it! It works and is fun unlike with 4e! But its still something you do with full knowledge that rushing someone like a ninja through a smoke bomb is worse with a blade than a gun.
>>
>>54585503
I'm just assuming that he gets stupid once politics gets involved. It happens to people IRL, too.
>>
>>54591431
Yes.
>specialty: healing magic
>weapon of choice: stunball
>>
>>54594811
Yes, sadly rushing in and shooting someone in melee would be more effective than stabbing them. Running with houserules that has fixed a lot of the melee issues right now though, which is lucky.

Also almost forgot:
>Running at the enemy covered in flashpacks through smoke WHILE firing suppressive fire with your Sandler TMP.
Because sometimes you gotta spice it up.
>>
>>54585537
Not that anon.

Does taking away some of the more retarded wireless devices (like why should a gun be able to fire remotely?) make deckers too garbage? I know that at character gen you can have some pretty absurd shit going down as a sam or mage, but it *really* bothers me that your cyber arm would be controllable through wireless.
>>
>>54586365
I'd be tempted to agree but I'll remind you that there's two different skills for slightly different kinds of swimming, neither of which is likely to come up in any game unless specifically forced in by the GM, and a gymnastics skill with a separate "free fall" skill, all of who's niche things would make as much sense under gymnastics.

Also riggers use a physical attribute when in VR and this is the only time it's done in the entire game. Gunnery is awful and shouldn't exist; if you're firing the gun in meatspace use the appropriate weapon skill. If you're firing it in cyber, use Computer or Hardware or *something* instead. If I felt comfortable telling my players to pick up even more house rules on top of the absurd existing ones, I would definitely shuffle up the skill list like that.
>>
>>54588245
When you're in the middle of criminal shit you don't broadcast your SIN. The License (and the SIN for that matter) are what makes it easy to transfer your contraband from home to the mission site, and for getting past checkpoints etc. if appropriate.

Query for others; do you need a driver's license in the 6th world? It's an option on chummer but spending another 800 nuyen on fake licenses is annoying. If I just gridguide and let pilot take over I wouldn't need a license for that?
>>
>>54596011
It can make technomancers even more garbage than they already are, but Deckers excell during the legwork phase mainly. On a run, a straight decker is mostly a support role shutting down security and hacking the matrix as needed.
>>
>>54596085
The general consensus is these skills being seperate is also silly, however.

>>54596011
It isn't like a remote control for arms, I would assume, but you could do things like shut it off.

Its also important to note that it is possible to turn wireless off on your stuff temporarily, and your directly encouraged as a runner to do so.

Most people leave their wireless stuff on even if it doesn't give mechanical benefits, just for side benefits like automatic diagnostics or the ability to find lost items wirelessly, but shadowrunners are not most people and its trivial to go dark.
>>
>>54588663
Also I don't know how your GM works but the vast majority of civvie checkpoints will be rating 2, if that. Jake guardigan gets to roll 4 dice against your rating 4 SIN and/or your probably-should-be rating 4 license.

If getting caught in that particular web is a problem you should consider investing in better dice.

Also I think you know because you listed concealed carry but if a guard pats you down and you have a gun that was running silent that's also some explaining to do, and another roll to make. If it's not a faux pas to open carry let that drek broadcast yo, it's one less license to check and a guard who thinks you have nothing to hide.
>>
>>54585459
Were the last books on this sort of thing Target: Wastelands and Target: Awakened Lands?
>>
>>54596200
I guess that's fair. The widespread existence of wireless bonuses does make turning all of your stuff on and off constantly gets annoying. The easiest fix I find is letting the wireless bonus always stay on unless it's an actual communication thing (presumably your cyberlimbs can direct communicate with each other and your brain without needing internet), and having them broadcast presence but not really be designed to even take external input unless it makes sense.

And then to make up for the bone I just took away from deckers/technomancers, I throw them another in the form of many environmental things to hack and influence combat with instead.
>>
How much detailed material is there on cities other than Seattle and maybe Boston?

In particular I'd be interested in Toronto (doxx me chummers) information; I'm sure it still exists, and I can fill in details for the group myself if needs be.
>>
>>54596272
Actually dedicated to it? Yeah. The closest thing we have in 5e is Running Wild, I think, and I don't think 4e really touched on it in any meaningful way.
>>
>>54596331
Denver, LA, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and several cities in Germany are the main other detailed cities.
>>
>>54596200
>>54596291
The Internal Router exists to get the benefits of wireless on 'ware and basically anything that doesn't require a direct Matrix connection without having it openly broadcasting to everyone in range.

Free Action Reloads are good to be used with the Internal Router, Smartlinks are not.
>>
>>54596356
Also London and Chicago.
>>
>>54596291
Again, its important to remember the average person is not a runner, there isn't an intended parity.

If you are taking a wireless bonus, your either putting faith in your decker or technomancer for a "buff" (You can think of it as them buffing you) or are taking a risk. It is actually fairly non-trivial and part of the decision making process PCs will have to make. Wireless grenades are theoretically the best method to detonate them... but... well... wireless grenades. Its on par with chosing what gear to have on your person and what to have stashed.

However most people don't think of it like that and just run wireless because its convenient, and thus PC deckers and technos get to have the fun of ejecting ammo from guns and moving cars remotely.

>>54596361
The freelancer who wrote the internal router said the intent was it works for anything that isn't like... a radio where the core integral functions were wireless rather than the handwaving of their bonuses. So a smartgun works with internal routers, but a GPS does not.

It helps to remember this person didn't know what a router was and didn't understand your comlink already could serve as one.
>>
>>54596395
I suppose the "average people" mindset is real and it's one I have a hard time getting into the headspace for. In a world where wireless connections were consistent and essentially free it makes sense that a cyberlimb would receive most of its movement data in that way instead of somehow directly connecting to your neural system or having wires lead to a central "hub".
>>
>>54596547
There's also the move against concentrating too much processing power in any one area or locus.

You know, to prevent another Deus inconvenience.
>>
>>54596547

It does explicitly link to your neural system though. Its why you can't just put a cyberlimb on a stump, screw it into your bone like its an oldschool prosthetic, and just control it via a .1 essence datajack.
>>
File: Canada.jpg (122KB, 523x500px) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
122KB, 523x500px
a>>54596356
>>54596391
Cheyenne and Butte got their own books in 5e, alongside the general Sioux book.

>>54596331
>thinking that they give a fuck about Canada
Shadows of North America and Target: UCAS have the most info, and even that's sparse
>>
>>54596143
>Using GridGuide and a dog-brain
It's like you don't want to be the machine chummer
>>
>>54596590
Technically, there's nothing stopping you from doing this with a drone.
>>
>>54596143
>do you need a driver's license in the 6th world? If I just gridguide and let pilot take over I wouldn't need a license for that?

Unless you're going to take over as legal driver, no you don't need a license.
>>
>>54596085
Diving and Freefall should be blatantly and purposefully ignored as vestigial skills, just like that accidental entry of 'lockpicking'. Even diving's breath holding specialisation was shifted over to swimming in the actual rules.
>>
>>54597943
No but it isn't actually your arm. Its a drone doing drone things and manipulating the arm takes actions rather than just being a thing you do.
>>
>>54598077
Yes, it's a drone that you are sending neural input to, and receiving neural output from.
>>
Is the condition monitor the same for spirits as humans?
>>
Have you ever had a team that could effectively wreck a corp's shit?
>>
>>54598590
What size corp?
>>
>>54598636
AA or AAA
>>
>>54598743
If you thought you had a team that could wreck a AAA corp's shit you were wrong.
>>
>>54598743
>Shadowrunners
>Wrecking a AAA's shit
Hmmm
>>
>>54598590
There are a few runners who could possibly wreck HTRs shit, yeah.

But a AA or AAA Corp? Hah. No. There ain't the runners yet born that can handle tanks, thunderbird airstirkes, and auged troopers in heavy milspec armor coming after 'em.

And that's assuming a bunch of F12 spirits aren't just tossed at you.
>>
>>54598743
maybe if you somehow get prove without a doubt that they are doing the wrong thing so that the CC and other corps destroy them? Or maybe if you can take out certain key locations?

But both would be fucking difficult. You'd likely have a better chance of killing a dragon.
>>
>>54599161
Fucking Christ whats wrong with me?

*Maybe if you somehow prove, without a shadow of a doubt that they are doing the wrong thing etcetera
>>
>>54599138
Well, singular there are groups that probably could. One of the best moments in game was when I jumped and one-shot a submarine thanks to Smashing Blow, but yeah, a full-scale army ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>54599213
Unless you're in a heavily fortified position with tons of traps and shit.
>>
How do you kill a dragon /srg/? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>54599282
Thor Shots
Artillery
Airstrikes
>>
>>54599300

see >>54599302
>>
>>54599300
You get a fucking army and don't stop until you waste every last bit of its edge.
>>
>>54599300
Make it choke on your corpse?
>>
>>54599300
>>54599302
>>54599310
Blood magic
ill-defined chemical weapons that are probably the result of blood magic
DAKKA
>>
File: inital reich.jpg (66KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
inital reich.jpg
66KB, 1200x630px
>>54599302
And don't forget neurotoxin and air chemicals!
>>
>>54599302
A heavily fortified position underground then.
>>
>>54599282
Beating the AAAs is, by design, impossible. If it were possible for runners in the game to take down a AAA, that would topple the entire setting on its side.

The peak of runner abilities is being a legitimate thorn in the side of a AAA. That's not me riding Aztechnology's dick or anything, that's just an immutable fact of basically every cyberpunk setting.
>>
>>54599341
Neurotoxins in the ventilation system.
>>
>>54599373
gas masks are commonly worn
>>
>>54599384
Gasmasks are dandy, but that's not going to stop you from skin contact.
>inb4 "B-but they're wearing sealed chem suits!"
>>
>>54599384
Gas masks have an air supply that's limited. Also I hate to be the one to say it but nanobots.
>>
>>54599403
super sealed chem suits
>>
>>54598590
I'm going to go against the grain and say that it is possible. If you got a very large group of the best runners in the game, had some very good info brokers or, better yet, a high ranking inside contact, you could take out key locations and key people and at the very least severely cripple a AA.
>>
They don't even have to come after you. All they have to do is have maybe one fiftyeth of their corporate might pointing their guns at whatever bottlenecked entrance you're hiding behind hoping to fuck hem over. They'll just wait till you starve to death.
>>
>>54599420
Then they just wait until you have to shit and take off the suits.

See, the better worded question to this whole ordeal is "could you make yourself not worth the hassle for a AAA to go after your crew?" which I could possibly say 'yes' to.
>>
>>54599474
Stay on the move, rapidly change your identity and appearance.
>>
>>54599465
Maybe a double agent that's working for another corp and are secretly supporting you to undermine their rivals.
>>
Here's my dilemma, anons.

Ok, so some people play mirrorshades and some people play pink mohawk and that's fine.

What do you do when your players play mirrorshades, and want mirrorshades, but they mess things up? If they're not thorough, if they don't use burners, if they don't use go-bags and don't cover their tracks. Do you prompt them, tell them these things are possible, and then hope they remember? At what point do you stop reminding them and punish them?

What ways are there to get it into their head that they screwed up covering their tracks, without actively just killing them, or forcing them to dump enough assets that they might as well start fresh.
>>
>>54599300
You don't. Not really.
>>
>>54599024
Well, it could theoretically be possible to wreck a corp's shit via subversion. You're definitely not going to guns-blazing a corp unless there's some Monty Hall bullshit in play.
>>
>>54599617
>monty hall

A 2/3rds chance of wrecking a corp's shit is pretty decent chummer
>>
>>54599560
Turn the heat up on them, but not enough for them to die unless they really fail their rolls. Shadowrunner is heading back home, he notices a shady car sitting outside. Some goon gets out and he's obviously shady as fuck.

Shadowrunner is walking along a sidewalk after the mission. Sees some Knight Errant or Lone Star or whatever private goon squad of whoever it was they pissed off actively going up to people asking them if they've seen a certain person etcetera. Maybe they have images, maybe they don't.

Or maybe they get a simple two word message. "We know."
>>
>>54599341

Multiple THOR shots.

Pricey, but if you've pissed off a AAA enough to use one, they're not going to stop until they're sure you're gone.
>>
>>54599739
Now that'd be an interesting way to do it. Bait a AAA to nuke a secret facility belonging to another AAA.
>>
>>54599560
Put them through hell for their foolishness
>>
New book makes me want to continue our old group goal of eliminating any trog gangs we can find near our neighborhood.
>>
>>54600188
The new book makes me want to just straight up play as a Humanis/HN/Alamos20k member
>>
>>54598800
>>54599024
Happened in some of the novels, like the one about Dunkelzahn's death and the fight between a team of runners and the Azzies that resulted. The Azzies got their shit pushed in.
>>
File: XenomorphXX121.png (864KB, 640x820px) Image search: [Google]
XenomorphXX121.png
864KB, 640x820px
Ok here's the pitch:

Mr. Johnson's kid is going through an anti-authority phase, and has not-so-subtly dropped that they want the glamorous underground life of a runner. Turning 18 in a few months too, so Johnson can't say no for much longer.

The job is to take the kid on a dummy run and have it be the most horrifying traumatizing experience ever, *without* physically harming the kid. Johnson can set up a fake Johnson meeting, and can pull favors to get guards at facility X to load up with gel rounds for one night. He can even get someone to plant a briefcase with meaningless "encrypted data" for you to steal. The idea of getting lots of blood packs and coming up with fun horrifying things to happen seems like a fun idea to me, and it's probably more relaxing than most fare.

That is unless you add a twist; once the team has entered the facility, a freak accident occurs and the place goes on lockdown. The sub-basement labs have had a breach and some nasty critters are now on the loose; the building is blockaded shut until the problem is dealt with, and you only packed non-lethal. At least the experience will be traumatizing...

Got any good recommendations for spooky meta-critters? The mood I seek is pic related.
>>
>>54599826
But then it's not really the Shadowrunners doing it. It's one AAA using runners for plausible deniability to strike at another.

>>54601161
Azzies are still around omae, the runners didn't do much more than affect profits for the quarter. Azzies only came close to getting wrecked when fighting Sirrurg and Amazonia.
>>
>>54601318

Just do cyber experiments on critters. Animals driven nuts by 'ware they don't understand is a good combination of terrifying and pitiful.
>>
>>54601319
>Azzies are still around omae, the runners didn't do much more than affect profits for the quarter.
The runners stopped them from building a bridge to allow the Horrors in. That's what the primary goal of Aztechnology is (or, at least, the primary goal of the upper management), and they foiled it.
>>
>>54601318
Check out the supplement Howling Shadows. It's all about the critters you might run into in the 6th. Check out especially the Mutant and toxic ones. If you don't want to use them their still good examples for you to create your own.
>>
>>54601318
Basilisks and hellhounds and giant blood magic casting bats.
>>
>>54601423
Foiling a plan isn't wrecking a corp though.

A corp isn't wrecked until it's -gone- or is absorbed through a merger. Please acquaint yourself with a dictionary and/or invest in nonmobile goalposts.
>>
>>54601504
>implying that you need to be completely bankrupt to be rekt
They won the fight, in the end. That's what "wrecked" means.
>>
>>54601628
No, that's 'wrecking' a plan. Still not the whole corp, which was the discussion. Sorry to see your goalposts are still loose. Might wanna tighten them up chummer.
>>
>>54601628
Yeah they won a fight. Then they probably got wrecked by the waves of cyber panthers and Aztec corporate security that was sent after them. Azzie brass is just standing around in their immense penthouses with a billion meatpuppet slave licking their overly modified balls going. "Oh no our plan was foiled. Can we do it again?"

"Yes."

"Then lets. Wait is that a dragon? OH GOOOAAAAHH."
>>
The Azzies are very much down recently, but they're not out. Between the Runners, basically losing their food monopoly, and that Amazonia buisness, they've been getting a hard beating. Of course they're an AAA, they're not done just yet, but they have a bloody ass nose.
>>
>>54602455
>Blood magic corp
>Beaten bloody

This can only end well.
>>
>>54602455
They pretty much pissed off all dragons, all at once. Things are probably not going to end well for this corp.
>>
>>54599300
trucks
dozens and dozens of trucks
oh, and fighter jets
>>
>>54603371
But will they get downgraded to AS in our lifetime? Can the fact that every person that has ever caught a faint whiff of what they're really about hates them bring down the azzies
>>
>>54603404
>implying the video game industry isn't purposely keeping the ttgaming a niche industry

Go shill somewhere else
>>
>>54603433
>replying to pasta
>>
>>54603415
Of course the dragons don't want to go to war with Aztechnology directly, but I'd expect them to be a punching bag for a while a la the events in False Flag as every dragon takes every opportunity to incorporate damaging Azzie assets into their convoluted plans. Could turn into a dragon-corporate cold war.
>>
>>54601318
A few threads back, someone asked for stories of runs gone horribly wrong. The first two responses were both about runs where they were hired to traumatize kids into no longer wanting to be runners, and in both runs the kids thought that it was the coolest shit ever and went balls-deep into shadowrunning from then on.

Basically, there's no fucking way that the kid doesn't decide it's the raddest thing he's ever done and continue with his streak anyway.
>>
>>54603588
He might after having to deal with a spider moose or sea leech.
>>
File: Chi.png (1MB, 848x910px) Image search: [Google]
Chi.png
1MB, 848x910px
Where can I find fluff on governments?
>>
>>54604005
The nation books like Target: UCAS, NaN Vol.s 1&2 and Tir na X?
>>
>>54599560
They get tracked down and extorted into doing work for whoever it was they pissed off in the first place. For next to no pay, and with their new employer being very vague about when they'll be completely off the hook.
Maybe he doesn't call them back for a run or two before he suddenly contacts them again and reminds them that they owe him.
>>
Are crossbows good?
>>
>>54605433
If you want to make a character based around it you're not going to get particularly screwed over beyond the usual lack of burst fire and such. They're better than bows, but they're not super optimal, largely because they limit your options as far as weaponry goes. The guy with longarms can fire shotguns and sniper rifles, the guy with automatics can fire basically everything, and you can fire bows, crossbows and slingshots.

That said they have a decent amount of variety with ammunition types and are silent, so that's nice.
>>
What's the best weapon for nonlethal incapacitation, a taser, a crossbow pistol loaded with stick-n-shock arrowhead with static shafts, or a sawn-off combat shotgun loaded with gel rounds?
>>
>>54601423
>That's what the primary goal of Aztechnology is (or, at least, the primary goal of the upper management)

No it's not. The primary goal of Aztechnology is the same as every other corp - to make money. The Smoking Mirror is a tiny cult that has connections to a few people in Aztech upper management, as well as a few people outside the corp. They have as much to do with Aztechnology as the New Revolution has to do with the UCAS Congress.
>>
>>54605942
t. Azzie
>>
File: remove cipher.jpg (207KB, 712x497px) Image search: [Google]
remove cipher.jpg
207KB, 712x497px
>>54605942
>N-no, Aztech is just there for the money, everyone knows it's just a small subsection of the corp that does those rituals

Sounds exactly like what a blood mage would say.
>>
>>54605942
>The primary goal of Aztechnology is the same as every other corp - to make money.
That's just a means to an end. Every corp AA and up is a nationstate; their goals become less about money and more about global power in a realpolitik sense.
>>
does anyone have a list of where you can find all the various metavariants (book and page) ?
>>
File: Catholic Mexican Mage.jpg (324KB, 867x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Mexican Mage.jpg
324KB, 867x1280px
>>54605960
>>54605973
Sorry you're having to realise that cyberpunk is less about moustache-twirling villains and more about large groups of people trying to get by.

>>54605988
They're all in one book.
>>
File: phantom2040 2.jpg (35KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
phantom2040 2.jpg
35KB, 600x240px
>>54606042
>implying the best cyberpunk stories don't typically have big bads at the top ruining the world

Nigger, do you even Phantom?
>>
Hey guys. Running a game with some friends and we're loving it, but I find myself just throwing out rolls here and there to keep things rolling instead of looking up the rule and killing the flow. What are some must know rules that I should memorize or write down on a cheatsheet? Also is there anyway that you guys streamline the hacking, as everything just comes to a stop with that shit.
>>
>>54606062
And is every person at Maximum party to their plan to destroy the world? Or is it just a tiny group using the corporation as a means to an end, while Joe Wageslave just wants to keep cleaning toilets so he can afford to feed his kids tonight?
>>
>>54606063
in the OP Pastebin is a link to a mediafire
in it, in the 5e folder, is a folder called "Hayek Sheets"
Take them
>>
>>54605835
Tasers are ultra legal and deal respectable damage. The Crossbow Pistol and the Combat Shotgun will deal about the same damage but the Crossbow Pistol requires investing in Archery. The Taser and the Crossbow are also much easier to conceal. I'd go with the Shotgun or the Pistol myself.

>>54606063
Are you looking to simplify hacking or make it easier to wrap your head around it?
>>
>>54606378
I've wrapped my head around it for the most part. I'm just looking to either simplify it, or become really efficient at it to minimize time where the other players are sitting about.
>>
File: 5e matrix flowchart.pdf (819KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
5e matrix flowchart.pdf
819KB, 1x1px
>>54606411
Well, as I said the Hayek sheets should provide a huge help
there's also this
>>
>>54606378
You can also mount a single shot crossbow on any rifle or larger sized weapon and it actually gets better stats than the pistol crossbow.

Though you're probably firing SNS anyway.
>>
Does Shadowrun have any aerosol squirt guns for chemical sprays?

https://youtu.be/Od0QGZtvTGg
>>
>>54606584
>Does Shadowrun have any aerosol squirt guns for chemical sprays?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPM7I49fj8
>>
>>54606599
Okay, but does it have anything like that in 5e? Because in 5e the Super Squirt fires gel slugs, not aerosol/fluid. The Super Squirt is more like this:
https://youtu.be/rihEeryzbyM
>>
>>54591431
Current 'Runner is me, aged 60 years and goblinised. Not very good stats and a bit crap at combat, but absolutely insane amounts of contacts and knowledge skills (including rumors).

Usually stays at the back and yells at his team mates for being idiotic youngsters who ruin his plans, then hobbles away on his walking stick and calls in favours to fix the mess.

Great fun playing someone who really has no business being a Shadowrunner, but has simply lived so long he knows everything and everyone.
>>
>>54606736
>Current 'Runner is me, aged 60 years and goblinised.
as in a (60+X) aged orc/troll?
you better have gotten Leonization, trogger
>>
>>54606777
Might be a dwarf tho
>>
>>54606799
>Might be a dwarf tho
Dwarves and elves are born as dwarves/elves, not Goblinized. Only Orks/Trolls goblinize from human.
>>
What's the cheapest, simplest, most indestructible shit-gun in Shadowrun? The sort of thing where you can bury it in a go-bag, throw it into a river after using it, or hand it off to any random dude you're escorting and not give a single fuck because you know it'll always shoot and it cost you basically nothing?

My money's on the Remington Roomsweeper, but I'm interested to hear what other opinions there are.
>>
File: Kalashnikov.png (2MB, 600x2242px) Image search: [Google]
Kalashnikov.png
2MB, 600x2242px
>>54607070
AK-97
>>
>>54607070
AK 97: basically the meme rifle, now in cyberpunk.
>>
>>54607108
>>54607122
I considered the AK-97, but it costs 950 nuyen to the Roomsweeper's 250. The price difference is tremendous.
>>
>>54607148
Defiance Ex Shocker & Light Fire 70 are cheap and easily replaced.
>>
>>54574921
As shifter myself i can confirm.My group gives me shit for beign a cuban parrot every 5-15 minutes.
I'm near lethal violence as educational method

I'm having fun
>>
>>54607216
>cuban parrot
is your name Pete?
>>
File: Otto's Irresistible Dance.gif (970KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Otto's Irresistible Dance.gif
970KB, 250x141px
>>54607319
>>
>>54607319
Okay i have to boldly admit, i don't get the reference.
>>
>>54607331
>Adept uses Enthralling Performance on CorpSec

>>54607339
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
>>
>>54607367
>Adept uses Enthralling Performance on CorpSec
>not Mage uses Mob Control on Corpsec
>>
>>54606777
Don't worry, Bull's DMPC lifespan quality has got him covered now.
>>
>>54607389
>MysAd uses Enthralling Performance AND Mob Control on CorpSec
>>
>>54607404
Humans goblinizing after birth retaining their longer life expectancy has been part of the fluff since 2nd ed.

Bull might be insufferable, but that particular one isn't on him.
>>
>>54607331
Tpday i learned something. To bad my name is already Alejandro.
And I'm a mage but that video is still pretty neat.
>>
>>54607443
He also forgot to actually give it to his DMPC when it was statted in the book by the way.
>>
>>54606777
Humans who goblinize keep their human lifespan, although at 94 he's pushing the limits of even a human lifespan. He has the Aged 3 and Borrowed Time negative qualities, so could drop dead at any time. Adds a certain amount of terror to RP'ing him, unless I do well he's gonna die.

He's currently a 'Runner for the sole purpose of buying off those negative qualities with karma, and saving up enough Nuyen to undergo Leonization. Every run he pushes the limits of what morals he's willing to bend just so he has a chance or accomplishing his goal.
>>
File: Not A Single Word.jpg (30KB, 698x389px) Image search: [Google]
Not A Single Word.jpg
30KB, 698x389px
>>54607443
Complete Trog introduces the idea that all the data previously has been wrong (and in fact has only been conducted by shady doctors with ties to Paladin Medical Group, because clearly in the past 50 years the only people who would look at something as basic as different lifespans are part of a global medical conspiracy), and that orcs actually have the potential for human-length lifespans, and trolls for dwarf-level longevity. They only don't live that long because they don't have a 'pure mana environment' like they get in the Congo.

Because why not fuck everything right up.
>>
>>54607529
>Complete Trog introduces the idea that all the data previously has been wrong
"Introduces" for fifth edition, if you want to blind yourself that way. Every previous edition has done the same thing (otherwise orcs would still prefer living in basements, breed litters, etc etc), so it's not like they're breaking new ground by doing it again.
>>
>>54607529
So the more mana, the longer metatypes live? And this is only discovered now?

Great job on making magic even more OP, CGL! Who the hell is going to implant cyber and live in a city if they now know they will live twice as long by living innawoods and practice wicca.

Does this bullshit company not understand the concept of Shadowrun at all? How the hell is there a dichotomy between technology and magic if magic is better in every friggin' way.
>>
>>54607580
*Having said that ... it's part of what irks me about fifth edition, and to a lesser extent fourth edition. I don't get any sense of new ground done in ways that aren't shite. If it's something done well, then it's usually something cribbed from older editions, and may be changed in ways that make it less well thought out / less enjoyable.
>>
File: Congo Tar Sands.jpg (24KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
Congo Tar Sands.jpg
24KB, 400x230px
>>54607580
They have undone some of the weird stuff from 1e when every metatype was biologically determined to be a Tolkien stereotype (and although they've retconned the word 'litter', I think it's still canon that multiple births are more common for orcs). That's a far cry from nobody noticing that there are orcs and trolls that live for 80 years, or that there's only 'pure mana' in places like the Congo, which is so clean and unpolluted, compared with places like Amazonia, Yakut, the Great Plains, Australia, or any other area that has been abandoned by civilization and is famous for mana running wild.
>>
>>54607652
But anon, they introduced Technomancers now, so the tech side can also benefit from "muh essence".
>>
>>54607681
Should've been something like "we found a super reclusive ork adept monk somewhere in Nepal/Tibet way up top where mana is pure as fuck and he is like goddamn 120 years old and defies all previous research".
>>
Flashbangs are a runner's best friend.
>>
>>54607688
Technomancers are so fucking stupid it's a wonder how the designers thought they were a good idea.
>>
>gm uses fragmentation for the run
>ends with a "young european dragon" security consultant showing up
gg ez
>>
>>54607878
I half wish they had kept them as Otaku who need augmentations to use their powers.
>>
>>54607878
>TM are so fucking stupid
Yes
> it's a wonder
No, because...
>how the designers thought they were a good idea.
...they're CGL designers.
>>
File: Otaku.jpg (94KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Otaku.jpg
94KB, 500x358px
>>54608045
What's the difference between a techwizard and a techwizard with a datajack?
>>
>>54607878
>Technomancers are so fucking stupid
could you elaborate on that?
Not baiting, just wondering what exactly you find stupid about them
>>
>>54608485
The entire accessing the matrix with their mind thing. There is no explanation how or why and it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>realize only now with 40 soak dice I can buy ten successes and eat pistols and rifle damage for days thanks to my good dodge too

I'm fuckin invincible
>>
>>54608834
So how do you get 40 soak dice? Seems a bit excessive.
>>
>>54608834
And if people begin to realise you are invincible they'll call in the heavy artilliary or simply murder you in your sleep, so at least pretend to be afraid of guns or the enemy will adapt.

Unless your GM is an idiot.
>>
>>54608834
until someone throws some neurostun grenade or pops a manabolt and you realize that soak doesn't protect against everything

>captcha: 3441 essence
that seems a bit excessive
>>
Where can I look to find more information on Deus and more techno information?
>>
File: Problem Astartes.jpg (86KB, 573x592px) Image search: [Google]
Problem Astartes.jpg
86KB, 573x592px
>>54608928
The techno book
>>
>>54608285
That picture and flavortext hits me in the feels every time.
>>
>>54608921
I mean, if he has that much soak I assume his armor is capable of a full chem seal.

The dodge dice are at least easily removed via suppressive fire.
>>
>>54609037
It would hit harder if their name wasn't "Otaku".
>>
>>54609049
Its also important to remember that high soak making you immune to smallarms fire is totally fine, and a genre convention.

The street samurai is not SUPPOSED to be realistically threatened by 95% of the combats that will take place in shadowrun. It isn't like D&D where the badguys and the goodguys get put in a box and they fight until someone dies.
>>
>>54609082
As long as he also makes the effort to take the brunt of 95% of combats as opposed to his teammates.
>>
>>54609090
Yeah. Exactly. The fun part about being a samurai is being the team's asskicker and ninja. Your so good at fighting that you view fights differently than everyone else and are more worried about a stray bullet hitting a bud than you, or you being in the wrong place and a bud who isn't near you getting hit, or failing to kill 3 people in 3 seconds and an alarm going off.

The samurai is meant to be so good at fighting it transcends from "A thing that happens" to "A tool, as powerful as hacking or social infiltration, in accomplishing our goals." They are supposed to be able to fight off an entire gang (And these are SR gangs like the ancients who have machinegun mounted technicals fighting overtly against the cops to take over neighborhoods!) to protect their neighborhood.

The amount of sheer power they are supposed to be bringing to the table is meant to be superhuman. In one of the fiction stories a mundane samurai dueled 1v1 a fuckoff huge spirit summoned by a dragon to protect his team and managed to win.
>>
>>54609136
Or to put it in a slightly less masturbatory fashion:

The mage is supposed to handle 99% of astral combat.
The decker is supposed to handle 99% of matrix combat.
Why shouldn't the samurai handle 99% of meatspace combat?

So he does.

Also m8 you sound like you took Superhuman Psychosis for real.
>>
>>54608875
I assume not from character creation.

Body 10, +1 armor for troll, Titanium bone lacing is +6 soak, Dermal plating is up to another 6 soak is 23 before even putting on armor. An Armor jacket and ballistic mask brings that to 37, and you can def go higher
>>
>>54609266
Securetech Kits. Though you'd probably want a full armor with a full helmet for the chem seal.

I really just wish Soak wasn't so powerful when Defense is so easily negated by burst firing modifiers and destroyed by suppressive fire. Basically leaves no alternative to the soak build.
>>
Are there any good spells to buff the groups TM/Rigger/Mage ?

I do have a quite decent amount of alchemy dice if that helps.
>>
>>54609318
The Noise spells could help the TM and Rigger, but they appreciate things that most people do, like additional Armor.
>>
>>54609318
>Are there any good spells to buff the groups TM/Rigger/Mage
Possibly movement and there's always healing once thats an issue, but ..... aren't YOU the groups mage?
>>
>>54609348
Well, for now i was mostly handing out ducttape, with increase reflexes on it.

Those go mostly on weapon grips/steering wheels.
>>
>>54609136
>kill 3 people in 3 seconds
How? You have one initiative pass to do that.
>>
>>54609411
Long Burst split targets.
>>
>>54609391
I am but we goth another one who is trying to be the face.
Is there some spell to help with that ?
>>
>>54609439
Y'all should get your rituals on.
>>
>>54609484
'scuse me ?
>>
>>54609292
I guess you can argue that's what accuracy caps are for, helping dodgefags manage even under gay modifiers like that, but it's still pretty risky at times, even for a guy like me with 17 dodge dice flat
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.