[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 35

File: funman.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
funman.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
FUN edition

Previous: >>54540307

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the most fun commander deck you've played or had?
>>
File: Back to Basics_US.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Back to Basics_US.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54550621
>thread question
Most fun I have had lately with is Ayli cleric tribal, although it might not be the most interesting deck I have. I have fun with my Ghave combo as well, but as for the most "fun" deck I have, is probably Hanna, although it's anti-fun for my opponents. It runs few jank interactions, such as Enchanted Evening, Aura Thief and Auratog, which also combos nicely with Stasis and somewhat with other such things like pic related.
>>
File: pulsemage advocate.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
pulsemage advocate.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
time 2 blog

decide on my next deck. my current decks get a bit too many complaints for being too rude with the turn 2 terastodons and turn 3 infect kills, so this deck has got to be a little more controlly

brion stoutarm fling.dck
>be mostly irrelevant until i draw serra avatar, at which point i'll hold the table hostage
>also win with gift of immortality on something like yosei or molten primordial
>use a bit of reanimation and stuff like culling dais to fix card advantage problems
>definitely the spiciest deck of the 3 since i'm forced to run stuff like pic related
>gets fucked over by a single board wipe half the time and become useless, as is tradition with boros

ephara/lavinia/brago UW value blink
>just blink stuff for value
>evade removal with blink
>wonky if i build ephara
>draws too much hate if i build brago
>kinda expensive because blue autists love blink

rashmi "everything at instant speed"
>34 lands
>36 instants
>everything fucking cantrips lmao
>great at doing what it's supposed to do, which is to annoy everyone on turns
>probably will draw hate in the "i actually hate you as a person" way, but on the other hand my group loves to spam shit like cyclonic rift and extra turns and i'd love to copy/steal/counter a few of those effects
>somehow the cheapest deck out of the 3 despite being UG and me owning none of the cards
>>
>>54550715
oh actually by the way i'd prefer to build jeskai blink instead but sadly wotc hates jeskai and refuses to print non-narset commanders for it so i can't really do that
>>
>>54550621
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
Mono-Green hate cards, gimme your best ones

Currently brainstorming what is hopefully a pretty tasty brew
>>
>>54550621
>Thread Question:
Angry Omnath, hands down. Even the rest of the table had fun dying to the elementals.
>>
File: 13771747.png (134KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
13771747.png
134KB, 500x522px
Who is this guy that keeps making threads too early?
>>
>>54550860
OP is worried if he didn't make it early someone was going to put a Discord link in so he paniced.
>>
Spoilers for C17 when?
>>
>>54550860
I'm new to the board, isn't the bump limit around 300?
>>
>>54550870
You already know the answer.
>>
>>54550912
No i don't, otherwise i wouldn't have asked
>>
>>54550909
310 to be precisely. You should wait until we hit that, since the thread doesn't automatically die after hitting that mark.
>>
>>54550921
Well, you should. Considering it gets answered virtually every thread.
It's 2 weeks prior to launch. And launch this year happens at the 27th of august.
>>
File: 1495304067245.gif (475KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1495304067245.gif
475KB, 500x366px
>>54550935
Shit still 2 weeks until we get to see some new stuff
>>
>>54550830
Ground Seal
Hall of Gemstone
Dosan
Natural Balance
Choke
City of Solitude

Typhoon will absolutely fuck up a mono-blue player in the late game
>>
>>54550965
Add Carpet of Flowers and Seedtime to the blue hate.
>>
>>54550730
>not building Bruse and Ludevic for MANLY SCIENCE
>>
>>54550621
>What's the most fun commander deck you've played or had?

Riku spellslinger, infinite ramp, infinite card draw, infinite megumin,jpg
>>
>>54550621
>after work I got completely sloshed, most of the night is a blur
>woke up and found a card bag with a sticky note on top that said "Don't be mad, you got some good shit"
>start looking through the cards, there's a Neheb, a reverberate, and a flamebreak, clearly I'm supposed to build monored Neheb
>there's also a Puppet's Verdict in there, and I start wondering why I left myself a note not to be mad, seems like I just bought some cool janky cards for a monored deck
>and a motherfucking Phyrexian Obliterator is the last card in the package
Well, shit. I guess I have that now. Are there any fun things I can do with it? Neheb seems straightforward, but the obliterator seems both really cool and hilariously impractical. Do I just stick it in my mono black deck and hope I get to cast it one day?
>>
>>54551185
Make sure you didn't trade away a dual or some shit for that Obliterator
>>
>>54551239
You just scared the shit out of me. Thank fuck there's a debit transaction for what looks like the appropriate amount, I've had similar shit happen in the past.

>For sure, that FTV Jace is worth a handful of commander staples, it's only going down in price ammirite?
>>
>>54551317
>>54551185
I wanted Obliterator for monoblack just for Nykthos. The price scared me off.

So, you can do that.
>>
So I decided to finally grab duals. I would prefer to buy a set of 10 at once just for convenience, but those are rare and seem to be overpriced. Should I wait for a full set or slowly buy them separately?
>>
>>54551715
Buy them in person from somewhere reputable. If you're dropping that much cash on cardboard, you don't want to get boned by the chinaman
>>
>>54551715
Buy a full se from the chinaman for 20$.
>>
>>54550621
yidris, my play group fears it
>>
>>54551715
>buying RS cards

just get some chinese proxies, you can get a play set of all of them for like 20-30 bucks. spending 300 dollars on a single piece of cardboard is fuckign retarded
>>
My store is trying to do an EDH league again. The last league didn't even fire, but ended up causing my group to buy mana crypts and power creep their decks.

I normally would just skip this, but my friends keep telling me to build a strong deck. And hey, a second copy of Commander's Arsenal would be fun.

What I want to do is Mogis Enchantment Stax. I genuinely want it to be as creature and artifact lite as possible, letting me run Obliterate and Jokulhaups. I hate MLD, but my group just shrugged when someone cast Enchanted Evening + Cleansing Meditation, so clearly it is fair game.

My concern is it will still end up trash. My last try ended up being pretty bad, but this was before I decided to run MLD or stuff like Tainted Aether.

My playgroup is Gitrog, Niv-Mizzet (no curiosity, just storm and mindmoil) and the last guy has a lot of decks (usually a variant of enchantress).

I'm bad at cEDH, but what advice do y'all have? Do rituals make sense? Can I get alway with only running a few mana rocks in RB (using wayfarers and shit for additional ramp)? Am I gonna Stax it up and get combo'd out?
>>
>>54551959
competitive edh is fucking stupid
>>
>>54551987
I know. Should I just skip it? I'll be honest, winning after months and months of losing does sound kind of nice.

But I know my friends are gonna want to play league games so I either find another playgroup, get steamrolled even more or try. It really isn't my style, but I don't know how much longer I can fight the momentum.
>>
Hello tg family

Recently started playing edh, built my first deck from the base of one of the commander decks (growing... Something... Or maybe nature... Something) idk it's green, commander is Freyalise, I enjoy it but want to make it a more solid elf mono green ramp deck.

What are some affordable recommendations to make it a bit more consistent, does anyone play mono green?
>>
>>54552041
id skip it but thats just me cause it sounds awful. if you think youd enjoy it then go for it. it not like you cant play normal EDH on non league days
>>
>>54552178
Last time, the league counted literally every EDH game played in store and reported to the store. Obviously, whoever played most games won the league, but that's what the store wanted, so.

So, there likely won't be "non-league days".
>>
>>54552206
holy shit that sounds horrid, id ski it just for that and thell the store that format is fucking stupid
>>
>>54552206
That sounds retarded.
>>
Protean Hulk is still off the ban list for now, right?
>>
>>54552268
>>54552265
Yup. My friend got a set of all the commander precons out of it, but it did kill my fun for a few weeks.

I guess it might work different this time since it is more competitive. Last time, you would use a precon and you could only add a few cards in each week or something.

Anyway, no advice for Mogis stacks? How about advice on getting this stupid deck to work? This list isn't up to date, but it is close enough for critique.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/populate-copies/

The concept is clearly retarded, but when it works, it is a lot of fun.
>>
>>54552041
Find another playgroup or go more competitive. Sticking with your casual deck in a cEDH playgroup is only suffering.
>>
I am upgrading my Meren deck and I need more cards that bring shit back from the graveyard to the battlefield. Aside from Meren and reanimate what other stuff should I include?
>>
>>54552380
Since you have Meren, you would honestly be better served putting your reanimator somewhere else. The major problem with Meren is that everyone builds it the same: combo self Mill into wincons. Build it like a regular deck, and use Meren to facilitate value/grind things out, and you'll fair much better.

That being said, I recommend Animate Dead, Victimize, the black primordial, dread return and diabolical servitude. Phyrexian delver isn't too bad either.
>>
>>54551497
>Phyrexian Obliterator cost more than original Avacyn now
It still only sees play in casual right?
>>
>>54551715
I've been picking up some from TCGplayer's direct service. They're usually in pretty good condition too even for MP.
>>
>>54551185
How do you get a bag of cards overnight? Or did you black out for 3 days while TCG Player shipped you cards?
>>
>>54552587
Yup. That and price memory is driving it.
>>
>>54552305
Yup. No changes to the RC banlist. Retards.
>>
>>54552131
For upgrading the precon you'll want to get some green draw.
>Lifecrafter's Bestiary, Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, Harmonize
Also grab a Nevinyrral's Disk to cover the mass removal that green lacks.
>>
>>54552131
if your playing greatest-soldier-in-the-world big boss, you are likely playing elf tribal with a few fatties. upgrade with better elves until you see fit. buffing elves and playing enchantments that allow draw for chunky creatures is a good idea since you are gonna find you run out quick and need to refill hand.

most people in edh play two colors but mono is doable. if you wish to upgrade to two colors rhys is best for getting alot of elve tokens and white. ezuri to turn mana dorks into beatsticks and have blue shenanigans.
>>
File: dakkon_blackblade.jpg (122KB, 310x432px) Image search: [Google]
dakkon_blackblade.jpg
122KB, 310x432px
Anyone made a deck with this dude? If so, what kind?
>>
>>54552806

It will never not bug me that he's WUB when he talks about Mountain, Plains, and Waves so clearly should be WUR.
>>
>>54552806
Dakkon is for jank. The point of him is to play commander-independent Esper Goodstuff with something that looks pretty in the command zone. If you go heavily controlling and can manipulate an empty board maybe he comes out as a 'finisher' but he has no evasion so even with the psuedo doublestrike of Commander Damage he'll be outclassed by a LOT of other options in that regard.
>>
>>54552806
Esper is terrible at land ramp so you need all artifact support, maybe some clones to get your own Oracle of Mul Daya if you can. Power-matters cards, I control only one critter matters cards too.
>>
>>54552131
Caged Sun should be an auto include. It costs a couple dollars but is well worth it. If you've got some money then get a Gauntlet of Power too, though it is closer to $10. All mono color decks should run these and they're the rare benefits of being mono colored.
>>
>>54552824
They made Legends out of a bunch of their old DnD characters. He was probably Esper because the player felt like he was an Esper kind of character in his backstory.
>>
>>54552806
Go all old-bordered cards and embrace aesthetics over power.
>>
>>54552907
>>54552945
Thanks, i'll try to make a midrange deck with him
>>
>>54553061
sounds cool, i'll brew something up but i don't know too much about the old good cards
>>
>>54553056

I get that, I still don't have to like it.
>>
I want to optimize (ie put in maybe 150 dollars or so) my dredge deck, any suggestions? Combo/aggro to blow up Lord with Jarad, Subway Spokesman ( dread return the Lord)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/golgari-recycling-center-1/
>>
>>54553278
You should switch out mulch for satyr wayfinder
>>
>>54551898
>Spending 300 is retarded
By that logic isn't spending 30 also retarded?
Probably worse even, since you can't sell chinamen, and duals are only going to go up.
>>
>>54552380
Doomed necromancer/hells caretaker
>>
>>54551898
>paying money for cardboard is stupid
>instead pay money for fake versions of the cardboard, way smarter my man
>>
>>54553812
yea it is if it's 20$ vs 2000$ you stupid nigger
neck yourself kike
>>
File: IMG_8998.jpg (97KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8998.jpg
97KB, 900x507px
>>54553564
>>54553812
PLEASEEE I WASTED SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS GAME I DONT HAVE BUYERS REGRET DONT MAKE FUN OF MEEEEEE
>>
>Imprint a Heroic Intervention onto Isochron
>Paradox Engine is out
>spam Wraths and MLD

This rules
>>
>>54553860
>Gets called out for spending money on fake cards instead of taking a sharpie to a basic
>Goes full autismo and can't fathom the idea that he is the retard
>>
>>54553812
If you don't see a difference, between a few $ vs few thousand $ you are a delusional retard. Most people are ok with spending money, just not that money.
>>
So I was thinking of building either Landfall Saskia or Enchantment matter Saskia, but can't decide which one.
So, /edhg/, give me your opinions.
>>
>>54553860
Or maybe people can spend money on collectibles for a hobby they enjoy? How is it any different than somebody buying an expensive comic book or an antique? If you're fine with using fakes that's one thing, but others like that actually have the real thing.
>>
>>54553927
Retreat to Coralheim is one of the best landfall cards in the game, and you can't use it in Saskia. Go Enchantress Saskia.
>>
>>54553927
Landfall because it is more aggressive. Enchantment Saskia sounds pretty strange to me and there is tension between enchantments and wanting to deal combat damage. Landfall cards like Steppe Lynx and Plated Geopede are really good at dealing damage that Saskia can double and Ob Nixilis + big green ramp spells is a non-combat finisher.
>>
>>54553907
Not that anon, and I completely agree that if $100 is a big deal for you then you really shouldn't be okay with spending hundreds on a card game. But plenty of people who play magic are manchildren with limited expenses and overpaid jobs. It's easy to throw down money for hobbies that stave off looming depression and loneliness.
>>
>>54553907
If you don't see the difference between a few cents worth of printer paper and a few thousand cents to the chinamen you are a delusional retard.

People that don't want to spend money will just print their own and put it into a sleeve on top of a basic or sharpie one. People that do want to spend money will buy the real thing and sell it for more when they are done with it.

You have chosen the least economical option and you are calling everyone else stupid.
>>
>>54553937
it's not
spending money on comic and art is autistic
have fun with something that just sits there
cool waste of 3000$
bet you feel good showing that to all of your no friends
>>
>>54553927
>>54553963
>>54553972
Speaking of Enchantress, who would you say is the ideal commander for Enchantress in EDH? I was thinking maybe Karametra, but maybe something in Bant would be more useful.
>>
>>54553972
Hasted Avenger of Zendikar is pretty fun too
>>
>>54553995
Yeah, but I don't have a printer and want a good looking one? Fuck off, I can afford 1.50 for a proxy. Oh no, I'd waste a dollar, that's terrible.
>>
>>54554002
I like Sigarda 1.0 a bit more since she can be go voltron with a bunch of auras.
>>
>>54554001
American education, everyone
>>
>>54553937
what is the actual outputs of owning original art or comic books besides stroking your ego?
everything you could get from them besides that can be fucking googled
what a stupid purchase
>>
>>54550621
My morph list, built to be a slow piece of trash that won't shit all over precons or little Billy's beast tribal deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mighty-morphin-gwur-rangers/
Sidar lets the morphs sneak through, Kraum is literally just for the colors. Every game is hilarious because I'm constantly having to keep track of which morphs/manifests do what, and nobody can predict for sure what my capabilities are because of all the hidden information. It's like my battlefield is an extension of my hand.
>>
>>54554024
I never liked proxying.
It's for people who want the most value cards in the game but don't want to put in the effort to getting those cards. It makes me feel like they have no respect for the social setting and can only feel good when they've won by any means.
People who proxy at kitchen tables are the worst.
>>
>>54554065
hurrrrr i have no argument u-ur stupidddd
>>
>>54554024
>want a good looking one?

Then you don't want proxies. They aren't indistinguishable from the real thing, they look worse. If you want something nice to look at then why aren't you shelling out?

Also I'm laughing at the idea that you are too poor to own a printer but are spending your money buying worthless pieces of cardboard from China. It has given me an interesting view inside the mind of a poorfag. It is no wonder you cannot better yourself.
>>
>>54553995
You don't take into an account

>autistic playgroups that won't allow you to proxy
>people that want their decks to look consistant, instead of having sheets of paper stuck out

It's a completely justifiable expense, if you want those cards for playing the game, and aren't planning to sell anything.
>>
>>54554062
I'd like to avoid the voltron route, but it feels like the end goal of every enchantress deck I've seen ends up being voltron. I like Zur, for example, but I don't want to take the deck in a voltron direction. The problem is that with his ability to tutor up any enchantment 3 CMC or lower, it's hard not to because there are so many good Auras for that low. And as much as I like Zur, he lacks Green.
>>
>>54553972
I was thinking some Aura Voltron shenanigans, mostly because i wanted to use my Sram somewhere.
I'll try building Landfall again, the problem last time is that it felt like i put to much eggs in the same basket.
>>
>>54554083
>If you don't want to spend a few thousand dollars for the real thing, you have no respect for me. GET OUT OF MY PLAYGROUP. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54554117
>Then you don't want proxies. They aren't indistinguishable from the real thing, they look worse.
Not him, but proxies are getting better every day. Some of the newer ones are nearly indistinguishable from the real deal and are usually only outed by incredibly close scrutiny or a feel test, which doesn't work if it's sleeved.
>>
>>54554117
>>54554117
>too poor to own a printer

Yeah, right. I don't need a printer, why should I buy one exclusively for that?
>>
>>54554083
Some cards are expensive only because they're so old. It's not just the OP bullshit cards that people might want to proxy. Something like Nether Void, which isn't all that powerful on its own, is stupidly expensive because of its single printing. EDH is about playing with niche bullshit and cards from throughout Magic's history, and yet so many are expensive due to short supply, buyouts, and inflation that it'd be hard to justify spending so much for a card that has no other use. If a card is only good in one deck or deck type, how much would you be willing to spend?
>>
>>54554141
>autistic playgroups that won't allow you to proxy

If they don't want you to proxy, why are you doing it? What do you gain out of lying to your friends to win a children's card game? Do you stack your deck too? Draw extra cards when no one is looking?

You are just making your argument look worse.

>people that want their decks to look consistant

Then why use proxies? They definitely don't look consistent with the rest of the deck.
>>
>>54554117
Wanting something that looks very close to the real thing instead of a 1:1 replica that passes all the tests is good enough for most of us. It looks like a magic card without a magnifying glass.

Have fun walking to a bus stop, because you bought a set of duals instead of a car.
>>
>>54554238
>friends

Sometimes you do have to play in an LGS.
>>
>>54554238
>What do you gain out of lying to your friends to win a children's card game?
Maybe that's not why he wants to proxy a card to begin with? That's an awfully big assumption you're making.
>>
>>54554238
>They definitely don't look consistent with the rest of the deck.
But they do. Sleeves tend to cloud up the face of the card a little anyway, and you're really exaggerating how off-mark chinaman proxies are.
>>
>>54550621
>Thread Question
Hands down the most fun deck I own is Borborygmos Enraged, there is just something satisfying about ramping hard into him and throwing lands at people until they die. It's really refreshing to pull out a cheap deck I made out of my junk cards and play against a table of people, whether I win or lose I always enjoy myself.
>>
>>54554182
I got ahold of some that were made last year. They passed light and bend tests, funnily enough, but the colors looked off and they didn't feel like magic cards. That's what I am basing this shit off of. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they have made colors match (but it could be inconsistent, I doubt they have much quality control in a fake cardboard chinamen factory).
>>
>>54554238
Good job baiting and derailing the entire thread. Kys faggot.
>>
>>54554239
If you're too poor to affor duals, then just play budget decks. Nobody is going to begrudge you for that.
>>
>>54554266
It's literally the example he gave. That he wanted good proxies to fool a playgroup that didn't allow them.
>>
File: 84.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
84.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54550621
>Thread Question
I love cackling like a madman while looking at their cards, making them curious what I possibly could've gotten.
>>
>>54553937
>How is it any different than somebody buying an expensive comic book or an antique?
You are right, it's not different, it's equally stupid.
>>
>>54554333
I meant the winning part. Not all cards you'd want to proxy would be for spikey shit. Sometimes there are cards that would fit a theme really well but are too expensive to justify since they wouldn't even be useful for any other deck you would want to build. I rarely buy anything over $20 unless it's a staple or a card I can use in multiple decks.
>>
>>54550621
>got the bolas planeswalker deck as a gift
>open the boosters
>get a foil champion of wits

Well, this looks like fun in the scarab god tho I really just want to build bolas: the deck now.
>>
File: 51sHFgiUS2L._SY400_.jpg (27KB, 345x400px) Image search: [Google]
51sHFgiUS2L._SY400_.jpg
27KB, 345x400px
Does anyone own one of these? I know the bottom can fit a second EDH deck, but can it fit a double sleeved deck?
>>
>>54554333
What example? I don't see one. I for example have an experience with a cEDH LGS group that I was forced to be a part of with a lack of better alternatives. You can't just play casual in that enviroment and sure as hell I won't pay more than a half of my monthly wage for a deck.

It's not about being rich or poor, more of justifying your expenses. I needed cards for a few months and I got them. We are all lying cheaters that want to fuck over their friends, obviously.
>>
>>54551763
>>54551898
Not him but where would I go to buy chinaman proxies? My group doesn't give a fuck if anyone uses fakes of cards that are universal to any edh deck so getting upset at me will do nothing
>>
>>54554376
Can you give me an example? I can't think of any expensive cards that don't have substitutes. Sometimes the substitute isn't one card, but a combination of them though. If you aren't willing to take that hit ,it's because you want your deck to be more efficient and consistent, which is in fact "spiky shit"
>>
>>54553937
If you are a collector that's fine, if you just want to play the game though and want your cards still looking like cards, there is literally nothing wrong with proxying.
>>
>>54554381
>build bolas: the deck now
One guy at my LGS did that in the most pimp way possible. It's basically almost entirely Invocations with the FTV Bolas as general.
>>
It's the dishonesty about proxying your deck that's most distasteful.
>>
>>54554422
Too many raging autists in this thread anon, ask again when will be more calm.
>>
>>54554425
I wouldn't call it spikey to want a few reduncancies, and for some people there are flavor reasons for wanting a card. If you're building on a theme, sometimes an alternative, especially one that requires multiple cards to achieve the same effect, just doesn't satisfy it as much. I personally can't think of a good example right off the top of my head at the moment, but I know I've seen them in these threads before.

A poor example would be wanting a Mishra's Workshop for a Mishra/Brother's war themed artifact deck. While, yes, that card is OP bullshit, it wouldn't be wanted purely for that reason in this case. It would be wanted because it has a flavorful connection to the deck's general and would actually contribute meaningfully to the strategy of the deck. Like I said, not the most solid example, but I can't think of any of the good ones in recent memory.

>>54554451
Just don't be dishonest about it then. There's nothing wrong with telling your group that you're proxying a card to test it out or because it's too expensive to justify for a card that would only contribute to one theme.
>>
>>54554467
Thanks for nothing then asshole
>>
>>54554411
>I for example have an experience with a cEDH LGS group that I was forced to be a part of with a lack of better alternatives.

Your better alternative was just not playing with them. You literally lied to people so you would have a better chance of beating them. It's not any better than stacking your deck. This is how low you have sunk to win a children's card game.

For the record, I am not against proxying. Just pointing out that getting Chinaman is fucking stupid. You are either trying to be dishonest with people or your argument is that you are a poorfag, but that shit falls apart when you realize you can just print your own for 100x less
>>
>>54554081
>Herald of Kozilek
>no colorless spells

What am i missing?
>>
>>54554512
Well with that sort of attitude you can fuck right off and not come back. You get nothing!
>>
>>54554083
It has nothing to do with effort, it's entirely about paying scalpers huge markups for damaged cards.

Far from just wanting to win at any cost, proxying if anything flattens the playing field and prevents one person getting a huge advantage because they spent $400 on a mana base.
>>
>>54554512
>proxyfags being entitled
Wow, who could guess?
>>
File: 1500834527409.gif (3MB, 315x213px) Image search: [Google]
1500834527409.gif
3MB, 315x213px
>>54554558
Like you would've given the info to me anyways
>>
>>54554510
>I wouldn't call it spikey to want a few reduncancies

Well this is easy then: you are wrong. Consistency is one of the hallmarks of spikiness.

And your argument for running workshop is a poor example, like you said. I would never believe anybody that tried to tell me that shit.
>>
What is my best option in a Boros deck? Tutoring card or card draw?
>>
>>54554512
Not wanting the autists to report, spam etc the vendors is unreasonable, because you need to have your link right now. I recommend buying from SCG jews. You deserve each other.
>>
>>54554083
Or the proxiers might love the game and want to play it to its fullest potential without players being limited by their wallets. You can play with fully proxied decks and play any decks you want. Only an insane Spike would project onto all other people that they have to play unfun powerful decks when they have access to all the cards.
>>
>>54554616
Believe it or not, some people actually like the characters in Magic or get a kick out of building on a theme. Just because you may not like it doesn't mean it isn't true. If someone told me they liked the Brother's War story and wanted to build a Mishra deck and was proxying a Workshop for that reason, I would rightfully be skeptical, but it's no impossible for that to be their reason. Even moreso if they aren't playing anything that would lead to bullshit interactions with it.

And consistency does necessarily mean spikey. It can be frustrating to have a goal in mind for your deck only for it to never fire because you have 0 redundancies of any kind. Wanting to play for fun does not mean you have to build your decks poorly and with no goal.

So no, you are wrong. You're incredibly closed-minded about what makes someone a spike. Wanting your deck to function is not spikey, it's sane.
>>
>>54554530
Yeah, better to spend a few thousand dollars to help me win a children's card game. That's not pathetic at all. Also half of the guys were running proxies, we mostly knew and didn't give a shit. It was the LGS that didn't allow them, so the obvious ones printed ones were out of the question.
>>
>>54554530
Your whole argument is, "someone paid to win, so they should win".
>>
>>54554616
>Everyone who is not a poorfag Timmy is a Spike

keep REEEEEing
>>
>>54554713
If you are building Mishra (an artifact deck) and you are running Mishra workshop (an outrageously strong artifact enabler) you may argue that it's only in there for flavor reasons, but it's also clearly very strong and helping you win. Its purpose in your deck is spikey, despite your intentions.

>And consistency does necessarily mean spikey

This is exactly what I said. Do you have brain problems?
>>
>>54554773
>I didn't even read the post
>Hurr
>Durrh

Try again fag
>>
File: 1498222912673.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498222912673.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
>>54554658
Its more of a "I'll pm you the fix" type of shit and being a faggot about it, why are you so flustered?
>>
>>54554806
That anon misstyped you fuckin retard.
>>
>>54554806
Meant to say not. A typo is a typo. I see you refused to read any further than that though.

A card cannot be inherently spikey and it's amount of "spikiness" is only determined by what you do with it.
>>
>>54554854
Shut up anon, me playing Yawgmoth's Will in a Phyrexian themed deck is clearly a sign of that deck being competitive and me being a spike, because that card is spiky.

Seriously though, that anon is either baiting or mentally ill. Don't give him attention.
>>
File: headaswideasaplate.png (128KB, 342x351px) Image search: [Google]
headaswideasaplate.png
128KB, 342x351px
Well this thread certainly makes EDH look fun
>>
>>54554854
>A card cannot be inherently spikey and it's amount of "spikiness" is only determined by what you do with it

>Example given is a workshop in an artifact deck

You genuinely have downs, or think that being a spike is inherently bad. Would it help your precious feelings if I stopped using spikey as shorthand for anything that increases your chances of winning? They are the same thing, and if it helps a retard like you understand you can feel free to change everything so it uses different phrasing
>>
>>54554882
>Shut up anon, me playing Yawgmoth's Will in a Phyrexian themed deck is clearly a sign of that deck being competitive and me being a spike, because that card is spiky.
I would actually disagree with that. Yawgmoth's Will is only as bad as what you play off of it. If you're using it to cast some weak shit like Yawgmoth Demon then it's not really doing anything spikey.

But yeah, I'm done responding to him if all he can latch onto are typos.
>>
>>54554946
>if I stopped using spikey as shorthand for anything that increases your chances of winning?
Considering that that isn't what spikey is, I think you're the one with Downs here.
>>
>>54554947
>not understanding sarcasm

anon...
>>
Stop fucking replying to him, jesus.
>>
>>54554997
Go ahead and define it for me then. Because from what I understand, spike likes winning. Any change to your deck that increases the likely hood of you winning is a spikey change. If that change is adding a fat creature it might also be a Timmy change, and if that change is adding new synergies or combos it might also be a Johnny change, but if it increases the odds of you winning it's definitely spike.
>>
who here loves planeswalkers!? i know they arent optimal in edh but i just find it so much fun to have extra things to do every turn besides casting spells
>>
>>54555066
I'm not terribly big on them because they tend to usually just be free value if they're allowed to survive for long at all. They're not as bad as people say, but I wish Wizards would print more ways to interact with them.
>>
>>54555066
Anyone tested that X cost Amonkhet UG Nissa? She looks great, but idk about her perfomance in practice.
>>
>>54552675
Kind of. Think of it this way:
>Obliterator now costs $20
>Every Timmy starts using it on a budget
>Not only is it effective, it becomes downright oppressive
>Every monoblack deck now revolves around obliterator, which means entire metas turn into cloning copying and reanimating obliterator
>>
>>54555064
Not that anon but

>Any change to your deck that increases the likely hood of you winning is a spikey change.

A spike is someone who cares ONLY about winning, if they put cards in a deck specifically to make their chances of winning go up, that's spikey. Putting in a card because you love doing crazy combos is Johnny, if a card does both then it depends on the reason you put it in. The end result isn't what determines what a player is, it's the reasoning behind it. The same way that killing someone in self defense is different than premeditated murder in a court of law, the outcome is the same, but the reasoning behind it is different. Just putting in a stronger card isn't inherently spikey, unless you're only doing it because the card is stronger.
>>
>>54555066
Some planeswalkers are ok, other are extremely strong for this format

>>54555122
I have one in a wimpy tasigur reanimator deck and another in atraxa. She's ok if you can dump tons of mana into her and if you been scrying/sensei top to mainpulate your free card. Probably wouldn't recommend her to anything other than low to medium metas.
>>
File: 92.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
Are there any lands that produce multiple blue mana? I'm new to playing the most degenerate color in the game. Teach me, blue mages.
>>
>>54551715
But ABUR duals are way less good in this format

Just grab the check/battle lands, they do the same thing 80+% of the time
>>
>>54555113

i feel like there are lots of ways to interact with them, but these ways arent super popular in edh because they arent great against normal edh decks

oblivion ring effects (fine cards but sorcery speed removal isnt all that popular, especially when its not gone forever)
heroe's downfall (too many cheaper kill spells to run this when more than half the decks in many metas run 0 walkers)
flying attackers (combat is de-emphasized in edh, people are less likely to run hasty flyers like dragons or cheap flyers like delver of secrets)

>>54555122

i have tested it and i have had mixed results, but the deck was not optimized for her so i take that as a good sign. just scrying 2 every turn is actually quite powerful and easy to sleep on. in edh you can cast her turn 2 off a 1 mana dork and scry 2 every turn for a while because there arent many cheap attackers to take her down

but on the other hand her ultimate is mediocre in edh (whereas its fucking sick in cube and standard), and the 0 requires some work to get going
>>
>>54552131
>>54552766
Don't forget Regal Force! Elfball means you can easily draw a minimum of two cards of me of it after ticking Freyalise up.
>>
>>54555253

>Just grab the check/battle lands, they do the same thing 80+% of the time

that 20% of the time is when dual lands are most important though, turns 1-3. they are definitely only good in 3+ color decks but i think many people underrate their power in edh because of the overall lower consistency of manabases caused by singleton format
>>
>>54555215
What you're actually looking for is High Tide. Now all your islands tap for double blue.
>>
>>54555402
>Not a permanent
I was genuinely excited for a moment.
>>
>>54555066
Fuck planeswalkers. They were a huge mistake.
>>
>>54555423
Just like you.
>>
>>54555215
Tolarian Academy but it is banned.

Also, green is the most busted in EDH, especially when combined with blue.
>>
File: om.gif (1MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
om.gif
1MB, 280x280px
>>54555444
>double trips
>>
>>54555066
Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: real edgy f.png (37KB, 2717x208px) Image search: [Google]
real edgy f.png
37KB, 2717x208px
>>54550775
>>54550621
so, discord-brained retard, how did making all the OPs work for you?
>>
>>54555215
Lotus Vale
:^)
>>
File: Uba Mask.jpg (136KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
Uba Mask.jpg
136KB, 464x664px
I just found out this card exists. I think I'll put it in my Ruric Thar deck; it's basically "fuck you, card-holding strategies" the card.
>>
>>54550775
posting wrong link on purpose

>>54550621
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54554081
That looks hilarious.
>>
>>54555493
If people are just going to start making threads now before the old one even hits bump limit then I ain't stooping that low.
>>
>>54555176
We aren't talking about people though anon. Intent does not factor into this. We are talking about changes to a deck.

And either way, adding a workshop to a Mishra artifact deck does increase your odds of winning regardless of your intent.
>>
>>54555567
those tryhards doing 'clearly wrong' things again? I'm so sorry. Go samefag yourself with a "I wuw you" dogpic, maybe that'll make you feel better?
>>
>>54555683
You seem a little upset. It's just a link in a thread in an anonymous image board. You don't need to take it so personally.
>>
>>54555215
Saprazzan Skerry (MM)
Sand Silos (FE)
Svyleunite Temple (FE)
>>
>>54555733
All of these suck. Thank you, but are there really no good options?
>>
>>54555729
you seem to be incorrectly gauging emotions of people's statements, a mistake generally associated with autism disorders. You should visit /r9k/, the appropriate border for your personality.
Don't worry, we won't judge you.
>>
>>54555780
Not really. Blue just isn't the color for ramp. It can do a lot of things well, some may even say too many things too well, but ramp is not one of them.
>>
>>54555421
So Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power, and Extraplanar Lens
>>
>>54555535
Yes it is. Uba Mask is extremely powerful against any type of control deck. Counterspells become unplayable and simple removal has to be used immediately so they can't hold onto a Swords to Plowhares for your strongest creatures. Meanwhile, aggressive decks with a higher density of threats can just play the card that they draw each turn.
>>
>>54555535
Omen Machine is also pretty fun in Thar. It fucks over crazy card draw and rewards you for playing Timmy creatures.
>>
>>54555786
Please don't lump /r9k/ in with discord-users.
>>
>>54555780
Skerry is good for some shenenigans if you have Crucible or similar. Some pretty degenerate shit.
>>
>>54555780
>>54555733
not 'multiple blue' but still an acceleration
>>
>>54555796
>Blue just isn't the color for ramp
Artifacts.
>>
>>54555883
Yes, but those are something every color has access to. It just so happens that blue has good interaction with artifacts. I wouldn't really call it a "blue thing" though. Red also interacts well with them, but I'd rarely call ramp a strong suit of red.
>>
File: 140354165816.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
140354165816.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
>>54555883
This.
Pic related.
>>
>>54555215
Tolarian Academy

:^)
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/skullyman/
Posting this again for tips before I buy. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1499910364548.png (81KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499910364548.png
81KB, 481x637px
>>54554001

>art is autistic

Jesus fuck
>>
File: pnfalwk5c09y.png (166KB, 440x391px) Image search: [Google]
pnfalwk5c09y.png
166KB, 440x391px
>>54554397
a double sleeved 60 yes 100 no. in hardly fits 100 single. also the lid hinges wear out quickly as they are just like some kind of cardboard. so expect it to last about 60 months is very regular use. mine has lasted well over a year but the decks I have in I play with like once Maybe twice a month,. if you want quality go with the ultimate guard double box thing.
>>
>>54555786
You know inferring autism regularly is a textbook sign of autism. So is making generals early because the discord boogeyman is gonna get you.
>>
>>54554534
please respond.jpg
>>
>>54556136
You're very clever, but it's autists all the way down!
>>
>>54554534
>>54556162
Morphs are 2/2 3 cost colorless creature spells when you cast them. Herald makes them 2 cost.
>>
>>54556185
Wow, I had no idea it worked like that, now it makes sense
>>
>>54555841
>Karoo
>acceleration
Fuck no, those are awful. Ravnica Karoos are only acceptable because of color fixing.
>>
>>54556162
>>54554534
Morphs are colorless creatures that cost (3), so the Herald makes them cost (2).
At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
>>
>>54556164
>autists all the way down

That's a good thread title
>>
File: Ghostfire Blade_UFP.jpg (210KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostfire Blade_UFP.jpg
210KB, 672x936px
>>54556202
This card was printed specifically with Morph in mind.
>>
>>54555122
I have her in my Intet deck, but I haven't played it enough to use her a lot
>>
File: derevi.jpg (139KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
derevi.jpg
139KB, 620x453px
>>54556205
Karoos are fine with Amulet and untap heavy strategies. Even MLD has a place for them for saving important lands.
But yeah, not acceleration at all.
>>
>>54556306
I WANT TO FUG THAT BIRB
>>
>>54554433
I'd love to own the FTV Bolas but spending 70$ on it is kind of hard to justify.
>>
>>54556235
Should be a banner
>>
>>54556317
>only Anthology commander that's lower than $20 dollars
>by a whole $12 dollars
Why does no one play cute bird of high int?
>>
File: commander-2015-set-5-balicku.jpg (106KB, 761x507px) Image search: [Google]
commander-2015-set-5-balicku.jpg
106KB, 761x507px
What commander archetype is your favorite, anon? What kind of commander once you see him makes you say "Yeah, I want to build a commander with this dude at the helm"?
The one that buff your other creatures?
The one that let's you draw a ton of cards?
The one that can win you the game by himself by commander damage?
The one with that special effect that allows you to screw with your opponents?
The one with maximum grouphug power?
Or just the one that is there just to give you access to the colors you want to use for the deck?
>>
>>54556780
Derevi has a bad rep for being a stax commander, so people avoid her.
>>
>>54556898
I honestly am not sure anymore. I guess ones with interesting abilities that do something weird or different, but I have odd standards for them as well. I'm stuck in a weird Commander slump where I don't know what I want anymore.
>>
>>54556898
I usually go with what's new and different (Hapatra or Neheb 2.0) or whatever lets me use interesting/cool artwork cards.
>>
>>54556205
Karoos aren't playable for colorfixing unless you're hyper-casual straight out of the precon. The one useful thing they do is let you make land drops 3 turns in a row with two lands, but if there's a nonzero chance that somebody is going to fuck with my land then no way I'm playing them
>>
>>54556989
I include Bearer of the Heavens in most of my nongreen-nonblue-nonblack decks, where holding onto lands can be advantageous for me since I don't run many mana intense items in the first place.
Bouncelands are great for both recovering after a total field reset and to get some more mana onto the field while still wanting to hold back.
>>
>>54556898
usually something that just wins me the game
including old rakdos, although i do have to pray I can attack and not have it removed. if it sticks for a couple turns its fucking over
>>
>>54556205
>unironically calling double mana bad
>being one mana ahead on t3 in mono blue

daily reminder that /tg/ is bad at magic
>>
>>54556989
I use it Karoos in Derevi, since I can get extra land drops, tutor for Amulet, and untap with Derevi.
>>
>>54556956
Try building towards a bullshit wincon. Something like Experiment Kraj or Zedruu using Final Fortune and Hivemind.
>>
>>54557081
Remind me how Karoos get you ahead on mana?
>>
>>54556898
>The one with maximum grouphug power
The table has no idea what to do when I equip an assault suit and general's kabuto to Kynaios and Tiro
Everyone ramps so hard despite already being fairly late into the game.

Running shuffle effects (I even once resolved a Djinn Illuminatus and a fairly hefty number of Pull from Eternitys to essentially put everyone's decks back to square one) to keep the game going longer, stronger.
>>
>get Divinity of Pride out
>win
>don't get Divinity of Pride out
>lose
When did you realize your deck was crutching hard?
>>
>>54556898
Creature cheat-ins.
Kaalia, Feldon of the Third Path, Reanimation-types like Meren although admittedly not as much because she's much more grindy and value based and I prefer just slamming down big bombs.
Creature buffs, normally +1/+1 as well, and a few tribal if they're well established.

TL;DR creature enablers.
>>
>>54557173
How is an 8/8 flying lifelink winning you the game?
>>
>>54557173
My last deck crutched hard on its commander, which some would say is fine, but it really sucks when your whole game plan gets a lot weaker when your commander is absent.
>>
>>54555841
>>54556205
Karoos are card advantage at the heavy cost of tempo. They also work really well with mana doublers and untappers, as has been pointed out.

I've included them in slower decks with few sources of card advantage and in decks like Derevi that have lots of untaps and Mana Reflection.
>>
>>54557173
8/8 lifelink flyer with zero protection seems like a pretty weak crutch.
In a singleton format, you have to either have shitloads of tutors for your crutches, or redundancy.
The ones I can't do without:
>Necropotence/Phyrexian Arena/Erebos/Skullclamp
>Ghostly Prison/Sphere of Safety/Knight Captain of Eos
>Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos/Martyr's Bond
>>
>>54556260
>that callback
Absolutely beautiful
>>
>>54556898
EIther let me cast cards easily like Animar or any flavor of spellslinger. But I think straight-up tribal and stax are the only kinds of decks I wouldn't have much fun playing.

>>54557206
No love for Animar?
>>
>>54557081
Daily reminder that you cannot count.
>>
>>54557173
I don't remember the last time I didn't win with Grenzo that didn't include the use of Doomsday or Insidious dreams.
>>
>>54557345
What does a Grenzo pile even look like?
>>
>>54557209
>>54557276
Vish Kal stax/reanimator
It buys me the time to get him out or get a reanimator machine online and if it's still alive when I drop him the sac effect is brutal.
I noticed whenever I'm not reanimating something on turns 1-3 I'm typically getting my ass handed to me in various ways.
The turn 2 Ashen Rider for land exile usually seals the deal.
>>
>>54557368
Kiki-Jiki and Zealous Conscripts with Grenzo at 3 power?
>>
Hello. I have a little question regarding rulings. If a player has Bident of Thassa and Augury Adept, then said creature deals damage, what exactly happens? Does the player first reveal the card and then also gain life (if non land card) then puts it into his/her hand, then draws a card from Bident?
>>
>>54557368
>Zealous,
>Mad Auntie,
>Kiki,
>Brain maggot,
>Workhorse/ Priest of Gix/Urabrask
Bottom
>>
>>54557402
Isn't Serra Ascendant usually better?
Also if you don't already, run Ghostly Prison, Vampire Nighthawk, and Wing Shards to deal with early game attacks.
>>
>>54557121
>>54557340
fuck me, i had it confused with soldevi excavations. it's still card advantage, at least
>>
>>54557427

both abilities trigger on combat damage, so you get to put them on the stack in any order, so they resolve in whichever order you prefer, usually it doesnt matter, but if you happen to know whats on top and you want to gain life off it you can choose to have augury adepts trigger resolve first
>>
>>54557427
Choose how the triggers go on stack.
First in last out.
>>
>>54557427
You control both triggers and they both happen on combat damage, so you get to order them on the stack however you want.
>>
>>54557263
>Karoos are card advantage at the heavy cost of tempo.
I don't get the heavy cost part, except if you mean vs an opponent with a wasteland.
>>
>>54557317
I have extreme distaste for R/G, which is essentially what Animar is so no.
>>
>>54557456

soldevi excavations doesnt ramp you either because the land you sacrifice has to be untapped

turn 1-island-1 mana
turn 2-island-2 mana
turn 3-island-3 mana

vs

turn 1-island-1 mana
turn 2-soldevi exc-2 mana
turn 3-island-3 mana
>>
>>54557433
>>54557368
Insidious Dream Piles look like:

>Spinerock Knoll
>Kiki
>Zealous
>Priest of Gix
bottom

>Faithless Looting
>Animate dead
>Worldgorger Dragon
bottom
>>
>>54557484
>>54557463
>>54557459

OK thanks alot guys. Although I've played magic for years, some stuff still makes me confused.
>>
>>54557487

taplands are a pretty serious tempo loss, especially when you cant play them turn 1
>>
>>54557487
Entering tapped is a pretty big tempo no no.
>>
>>54557427
i believe both would trigger simultaneously, which is up to the player to decide which resolves first in that case
>>
>>54557487
That anon just means that if you use a Karoo turn 2, you're basically spending that turn doing nothing.
>>
>>54557517
>>54557519
>>54557538

I see, thank you. That must be my playgroup playing (slightly-modified) precons only, I tend to discount early turns in EDH games as not important in any way, unless Sol Ring.
>>
>>54557433

so brain maggot is for somebody trying to disrupt your kiki combo yeah? in which case if the coast was clear you could put the other priest on bottom as well and go off with less mana right?
>>
>>54557514
I've been a magic lurker for quite a while.
Haven't played since I was a kid due to environment circumstances and refusal to pay money for online when the cards feel so, so much better in my hands.
I understand most things but since I lack experience I often fail to play optimally in the rare chances I do get to play the game.
>>
>>54557368
>>54557368
Top to bottom

>Metallic Mimic
>Murderous Redcap
>Skirk Prospector
>Kiki-Jiki
>Priest of Gix

You can loop Redcap for infinite damage
>>
>>54557591

i like these grenzo doomsday piles because you dont need a cantrip in hand to start them off like you do with predict-lab man-git probe-LED-yawg will piles

you do need grenzo in play but still, seems consistent in a good way, and also less dollaroos because no LED
>>
>>54557433
>>54557501
>>54557591
Well fuck, now I want to build Grenzo Doomsday
>>
File: dragon.png (585KB, 1304x346px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
585KB, 1304x346px
hi edh
gonna double sleeve my deck with dragon shields but i was wondering, is there a difference between the two matte boxes? see pic
>>
>>54557688
Yes, the matte sleeves have a textured back while normal dragon shields have a smooth back. Also a super other anons have pointed out, the black matte sleeves aren't the best quality. I've been using them myself and while they're noticeably worse than the other colors, they're still decent.
>>
>>54557622
Some of the ultra-competitive lists run LED, but you can build a solid Grenzo deck without it
>>
>>54557714
b-but both are mattes but the box look different, so im thinking maybe the sleeves are different too? maybe a new formula for one of the box?
thanks for your response though.
>>
>>54557717
Seems like you wouldn't need LED in the actual stack though. They probably just use it for mana to cast Doomsday.
>>
>>54557688
the labled boxes are just old sleeves before they became the default. there's no difference afaik
>>
>>54557688
its just older colors, they didnt update the boxes
>>
>>54557688
I still don't get why KMC lowered their quality, they were perfect.

Anyways, I think the matte black dragon shields use an older formular than the newer boxes or something.
>>
>>54557688
Reminder if you don't try to thematically match your sleeves with the deck, you are lame.

Fuck anyone who says elves should be in green sleeves. Elves should be in brown sleeves. You know what color the earth is? Brown. You know what color trees are? Brown.

maybe I just have autism
>>
>>54557822
Shit is brown too, so it definitely fits
>>
>>54557750
You could also crack it in response to a YawgWill with some pieces of a pile in your hand
>>
>>54557822
Elf clothes are predominately green, as is their art and borders, with black a close second.
I try to match my sleeves to the color of my deck, using the dominate color focus for multicolor.
>>
>>54557538
Yes, thank you.

I'll add that there is a serious risk of the Karoo making you end up with 8 cards in hand if you play it on turn 2.
>>
>>54557822
All my EDH cards are in the same sleeves because I constantly feel a need to take apart old decks and build new ones.
>>
>>54557822
>having to change out sleeves whenever I move my staples around between decks.
Fuck that, I run two colors of sleeves, one for modern, one for EDH.
>>
on the subject of sleeves, what are your experiences with bricks and the chink kmcs? i don't like how dragon shield shuffles.
>>
>>54557893
New KMC have horrible shuffle feel. They're on par with normal Ultra Pro.
>>
>>54557822
i'm sleeving my elf deck in green because my deck is almost mono green (like 75 green symbols vs 15 white)
>>
>>54557886
Yuru Yuri for Modern and Oreimo for EDH?
>>
File: 92988_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
92988_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Post cards you have in your decks that are there for flavor over mechanics as the primary motivation for inclusion
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54558135
>>
>>54558155
>that belly
>that hair
>those feathers
Can't stifle this unf
>>
>>54557822
What color is associated with grass, tree leaves, nature, and the mana for elves, autist-sama?
>>
>>54558206
What do you think those grow from?
>>
>>54558230
Green mana
>>
File: deathpact-angel.jpg (115KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
deathpact-angel.jpg
115KB, 240x345px
>>54558135
>>
>>54558351
I got a headcannon where it's not a bunch of random dudes sacrificng themselves to ressurect her over and over but one dude who is ressurected upon her death as she is ressurected upon his death
Would suck to never be able to see your angelfu though
>>
>>54558135
I have a deck for each of the Dragonlords with their commands.
>>
>>54558191
Unf has splitsecond.
>>
>doing a 10-boosters sealed with a fat pack because we're casuals like that
>hoping for a Scarab God to put in my WIP Sidisi Brood Tyrant deck
>a friend opens a Scarab God, Scorpion God and an invocation Locust God
>she's the one who refuses to trade any cards, ever
RIP my hopes and dreams.
>>
>>54558508
Oh also her Grixis sealed deck with 3 gods in it was pretty good, in case anyone was wondering. Goddamn three gods on the battlefield at once at one point.
>>
>>54558426
Based on the art of the token, that's my feeling as well. She looks like an old hag of a cleric.
>>
File: BurningWish.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BurningWish.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
What is /tg/ opinion on wishes in EDH?

I don't see any rules for wishboard on the EDH rule site. How does /tg/ playgroups handle wishes and wishboards?

What does /tg/ wishes for?
>>
>>54558589
I wish wishes were somehow legal in EDH without relying on inconsistent group rules. I need my sorcery tutor in monored.
>>
File: ShoeBox-WithToploaders.jpg (111KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ShoeBox-WithToploaders.jpg
111KB, 800x800px
>>54558589
>I cast burning wish
>proceeds to pull out a giant cardboard box stacked with cards and starts rifling through it
I can see it now
>>
What 8 drop should I run in Golgari? Hoof Daddy, Woodfall Primus, Archetype of Endurance, Terastodon, Stonehoof Chieftain, or Razaketh?
>>
File: IMG_0245.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>54558673
Lad.
>>
File: 51xJDKtIMSL._SY450_.jpg (48KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
51xJDKtIMSL._SY450_.jpg
48KB, 318x450px
>>54558673
>activate spawnsire of ulamogs ability
>slam two binders full of eldrazi on the table and proceed to explain every single etb trigger
>>
>>54551185
>>54558485
Wrong. Unf is a special action and doesn't use the stack, such as "Gotcha!"
>>
>>54558751
Craterhoof is always the correct answer.
>>
>>54558752
>>54558752
Difference is that Spawnsire player likely already has a stack of every eldrazi printed ready to go.
Wish player, especially running multiple colors, can only pick one spell.
>>
>>54558751
Razaketh. Run him as long as he's not banned, which will happen soon anyway
>>
>>54558589
Honestly, I wish (no pun intended) there were a way to make them work that would allow light tutoring and Research Battle of Wits insanity without need a million lines of format rules or breaking them in half for competitivefags. 10-card Wishboard seems like a good houserule but it loses some of the elegance of the format. True, you only have to include it if you've got wishes but for a long night of EDH people would probably treat it like a sideboard even if they didn't. Which you could do already without being able to wish from it but do we really need that autism promited?
>>
>>54558794
Not gonna happen. I want my $100.
>>
File: OathOfAnon.png (15KB, 1027x253px) Image search: [Google]
OathOfAnon.png
15KB, 1027x253px
>>54558794
>which will happen soon anyway
The days until your gifts and suicide are counting down.
>>
>>54555215
Teferi's Isle :^)
>>
I genuinely wish EDH worked the way the official stance on wishes is in a casual setting. i.e. Any card from your collection.

I think that would be super fun. And probably not as broken as it sounds.

I also love Research // Development.
>>
>>54558790
And? They are both going to take an uncomfortably long amount of time either choosing the spell for wish, or casting all the eldrazi, explaining their triggers, and putting them on the board.
>>
>>54558881
There really isn't much to explain though. There's only so many and everyone knows what they do. Plus, it only needs to happen once for the playgroup to know what's up from then out.
>>
>>54558811
>>54558824
Just you wait. You're sure going to feel and seem like a fool when his ban is announced. Laugh while you still can
>>
>>54558998
>There really isn't much to explain though.

Wut. Yes there, there are 142 unique eldrazi cards, and you don't have to go singleton. They are potentially dropping thousands of eldrazi onto the board. I feel like you are not fully grasping the gravity of the situation.
>>
>>54559078
I really hope I'm not in these threads a year from now.
>>
>>54559093
In which case anyone reasonable would scoop because you can just plop down 20+ dominator drones and call it a day.
>>
>>54559108
Why? It's not like Razzberry is gonna stay legal for that long anyway
>>
>>54559093
If they're turbo autist, then maybe. But even then they can probably dumb it down to "you guys should scoop". Plus, no one can pretend they don't know what all the eldrazi do. The original block had super straight forward designs and BFZ just came out.
>>
>>54555841
God, such pretty art, I remember opening one of these back in high school when Visions came out and it just blew me away.
>>
>>54559093
I wish i could see someone do that. Just get a box of Eldrazi cards and dump them it into the field at once
>>
>>54559159
I sometimes let people explain combos/cards on purpose for me. Had a combo player scoop because of this, pretty weird.
>>
>>54559135
Yes, but the card doesn't say "plop 20 dominator drones into play" people wouldn't go apeshit over the card if it did. They would play exsanguinate for the same amount of mana.

If people play this card it's to create those obnoxious boardstates with a bajillion cards
>>
>>54554397
I have one of these and they're not bad. Two 60 or a 100 up top, but as >>54556127 said, the bottom only holds a 60 or single sleeved 100. It's great for taking my modern and commander deck to FNM. Easily holds both decks and all my dice
>>
>>54559236
Depending on how complicated the combo is to execute, I understand that. I used to refuse to scoop out of some sort of stupid self righteousness.

Got over it. I still think if you dont enjoy executing the combo, you shouldn't run it. But I'll scoop now. No sweat off my back.
>>
>>54556127

>wears out quickly
>expect it to last 60 months with regular use
>>
>>54559369
And in that case then people should forfeit and not encourage that because odds are they're not surviving however many eldrazi do come out. To me, Spawnsire reads
>20: win the game
Because you can just win the game. There's no need to clog up the board with hundreds of different eldrazi, just pick the ones that get the job done.
Meanwhile, wishes, which was the original conversation, have to go through all their options because they can only pick one. There's likely a go-to card, but they still will have to weigh the options.
>>
New thread for all

>>54559495
>>54559495
>>54559495
>>54559495

Autists note: We are past bump limit.
>>
>>54556898
So far, the averages seem to be, "Does this commander provide insane value long-term?" with GY recursion as a bonus.
So far I've built Karador, Oloro, and Scarab God.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.